[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wodg/+/cofd/ Chronicles of The World of Darkness of the General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 44

File: Behold, My Adam.png (2MB, 1284x1662px) Image search: [Google]
Behold, My Adam.png
2MB, 1284x1662px
Previous Thread >>48631866

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/fFA3bufh

Promethean 2e:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition

http://theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/

Promethean 2e is out! Geist 2e confirmed! Deviant is subtitled: The Renegades! Scion kickstarter soon! The Crossover Chronicle is happening! Dark Eras Anthology! Wraith 20 will feature Orpheus, so you don't have to wait another decade!
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/187947/Onyx-Path-20162017-Publishing-Brochure
Time to git hype and eventually let that hype wither on the vine!

What are you excited for?
And don't hate on people just for liking the classics.

What are you running?
What are you planning on running?
>>
>>48653934
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jwiihm
Promethean 2e pdf

Step it up, fagness
>>
Excited for Geist 2e!

Hoping there will be more on Cthonians and other antagonists. Geists also being tied more into a heavier gameplay mechanic would be nice. Read a suggestion of implementing spectres/"ferrymen" that haunt the Sin-Eater each time the Geist brings the player back from the dead after the initial bargain, because of the death being shunted off to another individual.

Also would like the Crossover Chronicle to mention making a Promethean out of changeling/fetch parts and making a Pinocchio out of the twigs.
>>
So we've already learned that Dark Eras 2: Era Harder got confirmed today, right?

Also what's this about a crossover chronicle?
>>
>>48654396
It's a new book that got announced. Gonna be full of info to help with running crossover games.
>>
>>48654396
It's not Dark Eras 2, it's literally the shit that was too big to fit into Dark Eras, and we already knew the Companion was coming (it was literally a kickstarter goal).

>>48654097
When I was trying to do Geist 2e, I had the following changes, hopefully Travis will have some of the same ideas I did:
• Geists give a third Vice/Virtue (and Sin-eaters have one related to death and one related to life) as well as an Aspiration
• Synergy measures your balance towards Life or Death, and 5 is optimal
• Geists have Fervor, which is like Frenzy/Kuruth, except they go after their Aspirations (which isn't necessarily evil or bad)
• You can let your Geist take the wheel
• Thresholds give you a special ability and a way to regain Plasm better by "knocking on Death's Door" (which was technically a thing in 1e, but had no rules)

I also treated Keys and Manifestations like Renown and Gifts, with Unlocks being equivalent to Facets, but if they didn't announce 2e, I was going to redo it more like Princess: The Hopeful's set up. I don't actually care how they do the powers, though, so long as they're handled less shitty than 1e.

I wonder if its too early to get in on playtesting?
>>
Speaking of Geist, anyone got the 1.1 book that they can upload?

Every single one online is the 1.0 rules
>>
Did anything happen at the WoD panel yesterday?
>>
File: ghostrid1.jpg (224KB, 666x680px) Image search: [Google]
ghostrid1.jpg
224KB, 666x680px
>>48654628

I imagine Geist fervor/taking the wheel would be something sort of like Eli from the Robbie Reyes run of Ghost Rider.
>>
>>48653934
>Apocalypse Tribe Novels

Is it is possible we never managed to find the first one?
>>
>>48654628

No, the Dark Eras panel happened. They're doing another one, aside from the Companion.
>>
>>48653934
FUCK THE CLASSICS! jk, honestly I only detract from cWoD as a joke.

Excited for Scion 2e, interested in Geist 2e, excited to hear more about DtR.

If I can find at least one more player it seems I'll be running DtD.
>>
>>48654873

They're doing Dark Eras 2? Neat! Maybe this means we'll get the Wild West and Golden Age of Piracy Geist eras.
>>
>>48654628
>>48654097
I'm hoping that there's some kind of Death XP, seeing as most of these new game lines have some kind of special experience that you can get by acting in accordance to your Geist's wishes. Aspel, I think the Vice/Virtue and Aspiration thing you mention is a good step along that path.
>>
>>48654708

A lot more fiction got announced. In total the announcements, according to one of the Darker Days guys, seems to be:

Victorian Age Mage
Mage Tarot PoD (Maybe)
Book of Secrets (200k words overflow text from M20)
Tome of Secrets for VtDA
4th Immortal Eyes C20 novel
Changing Ways W20
Bunyip Tribebook
Silver Crown sequel
Fiction, anthologies, and more!
>>
File: 1466275741255.png (326KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
1466275741255.png
326KB, 496x372px
>>48653934
>Wraith 20 will feature Orpheus, so you don't have to wait another decade!
>>
>>48654986
Should be called Deadbeats for the sake of pun... and if the geist wants something but is lazy and hardly helps out.

I wonder if there will even be a Demisplat for Geist 2e, I suppose being a straight up spectre could be limiting but they could do something like Hunter 2e having a focus on Slasher's and do something for the Purified.
>>
SCION

WHEN
>>
>>48654873
Oh, sweet.

>>48654755
Explain more?

>>48655065
>>48654986
I called mine Deadbeats.
Also, I had plans for a demisplat that was essentially Wolfblooded for Ghosts, since in the original version of Geist they needed to be people who had a near death experience or some connection to the Underworld *before* the Bargain (but despite what the corebook said, the developer clarified they could be anyone).

Apparently I lost some of my notes, from when it was just one big ramble of what I wanted to do.

>>48655017
>Bunyip Tribebook
I don't mind the 20th Anniversary stuff, but at a certain point it stops being a 20th Anniversary and starts being a new edition...
>>
File: Greywalker.png (1MB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Greywalker.png
1MB, 900x1350px
>>48655304
>>48655065
>Demisplat
Got distracted trying to find my notes. I was originally going to have a half-Geist that was something like a Wolfblooded/Proximi called a Greywalker (after the same character type from the novel series of the same game).

They're people who've died but didn't go all the way across a threshold. They can see and interact with Ghosts, and maybe do Ceremonies, but they don't have Keys and can't perform Manifestations, at least not without extra effort.
>>
So hypothetical for you how different do things end up in vtm if the tremere displeased the tzimisce clan into extinction.instead of the salubri?
>>
>>48655348
Diablerised*
>>
>>48655304

Well the whole run for the Ghost Rider ongoing was very Geist: The Sin-Eaters esque. Unlike the other Ghost Rider's with the spirit of vengeance in them, Robbie Reyes is a "ghost rider" having made a deal with a spirit living inside a car he took street racing. The spirit residing within him is actually his satanic serial killer uncle that preformed a ritual and ended up as a spirit that hungers for killing. It ends up getting out of control and Robbie tries to make it a deal to keep the spirit in check by punishing criminals.
>>
anyone got a coupon for DriveThru? Im 20 cents short cause of shipping and I dont want softcover B&W
>>
>>48655423
You legit don't have 20 cents?
>>
>>48654755
wait i thought reyes didnt have a spirit of vengeance?
>>
>>48655442
>Unlike the other Ghost Riders with the Spirit of Vengeance, Robbie instead has his serial killer uncle

>>48655393
>a spirit living inside a car he took street racing.
I feel like the dumbest aspect of Ghost Rider is the forced "Rider" part that means they have to tie this demonic vigilante superhero to vehicles arbitrarily.
>>
>>48655428
prepaid card, I put 70 on it and the shipping puts it over 70 just barely
>>
>>48655304

Paradox already considers the 20th anniversary stuff an edition of its own, so they might as well go all the way.
>>
>>48655442

Nope, no spirit of vengeance for him. Doesn't have penance stare like the others either.

>>48655496

Well it was more or less at the car as one of it's anchors. The spirit owned the car before he died. Hell their union was pretty much Geist like as well, Robbie got shot dead, a bargain got made and he rose up from the ground.
>>
>>48652579

[weeping]
>>
>>48655348

The Tremere would probably be the standard body horror clan.
>>
>>48655550

Lower Depths are cool! Duat clearly just doesn't have any Prime is all!
>>
A comment from Dave on the Crossover Chronicle mentioned we're up to 11 game lines now. That is a lot of game. Here's hoping dev blog for Deviant comes soon.
>>
>>48655585

The last time I called Duat a Lower Depth whose central lacking thing is Sekhem, the thread laughed at me. I feel vindicated!

Would anyone else absolutely love a book with a big list of Lower Depths in it?
>>
I downloaded the pamhplet but it only went to page 18, should i just try re downloading it?
>>
>>48655738
Why would it be lacking Sekhem? (I don't know Mummy)
Also, I recall that, but I don't really recall anyone laughing at or even disagreeing or paying attention to you.

>>48655778
Huh. Mine too, I just noticed that.
>>
>>48655738
>the thread laughed at me. I feel vindicated!
really? hard to imagine the thread caring
>>
>>48655738
Does it really lack Sekhem though? The ones that want it may not even be native to Duat, just immigrants. It might just not produce enough of it for their needs, which would probably be just as true for many other Lower Depths and even places like the Underworld
>>
>>48655857
>>48655874

Dreams of Avarice describes Duat as being barren and the Shan'iatu have their servants hunt down Relics for them so they can eat the Sekhem contained within. It also has Aaru (heaven, basically) as similarly lacking in Sekhem, possibly because no souls have reached it in so long due to the meddling of Ammut and the Shan'iatu.
>>
File: pearchan.jpg (42KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
pearchan.jpg
42KB, 450x600px
>>48655913
Isn't Sekhem just life energy?
>>
>>48655936
The five subtle arcana are the ingredients that make up a soul

Pyros is the flame that cooks them into a soul

Sekhem is the pot they cook in
>>
>>48655936

It's a weird combination of life force, the world's memory, and some degree of Fate as well. Dark Eras describes it as essentially being life force and destiny mixed together, and goes on to say:

>In contemporary terms, Sekhem is not “Supernal,” but the stuff of existence as it actually manifests. Awakened magic interacts with it like a smith holding tongs, while the Predynastic ancients preferred to grab this molten stuff with the spiritual equivalent of their bare hands.

If I had to pin Arcana to it, it's likely Fate and Life.
>>
>>48655965

Man, Wizard cookouts got really weird.
>>
>>48656002
Probably want to toss some Prime in there for good measure as some form of Tass or perhaps more accurately as a resonant form of Mana.
>>
>>48656042
point is that Wizards can't do it alone. To make souls you need to host a WoD/CofD block party
>>
>>48655867
I know, right? I mean, it's Mummy we're talking about. Jakki's the only one who likes that.

>>48656002
Predynastic ancients?
>>
File: pearchan 2.jpg (38KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
pearchan 2.jpg
38KB, 600x500px
>>48656002
I guess that explains relics.
>>
>>48656056

How does Prime help something explicitly not Supernal? I'd sooner tie together Prime with Pyros than Sekhem, and even that doesn't feel quite right.
>>
>>48656074
Same way Mana can be called a form of Chi, and that Mana can be carved from the life essence of a living being.

Actually I'd say Chi and Sekhem are probably the same coin.
>>
>>48656069

The people of the Nameless Empire, the lost civilization that Mummies belonged to in their mortal lives. Everything in the Egypt chapter of the Alexandrian Mage era is just about the local mages going "holy fuck the ancients were crazy."
>>
>>48656067

>Jakki's the only one who likes that.

Mummy is Extremely Good.
>>
So i don't have my book on hand, does beast say anything about Prometheans who turn into humans? About how prometheans try and reject their supernatural side?
>>
>>48656294
Originally the result of
obsessive and inspired human attempts to create life, now most
of the Created create their own “offspring” in turn, as part of
the Pilgrimage these half-made monsters make, learning about
humanity and refining their alchemical souls until at last they
become fully human. From Beasts’ perspective, Prometheans
are struggling to join the herd that Beasts themselves left when
>>
>>48655017
Man, look at all that oWoD crap

Just fantastic.
>>
>>48656294

One of the Beasts in the Primordial Feast kidnaps a Redeemed Promethean to torture her in her Lair until she becomes a Promethean again, because she can't accept that anyone would choose to be a human being.

Don't know if that's a universal feeling, but that's there.

>>48656429

Most of those will probably be the source of all OPP's KS money for the next several years.
>>
>>48656429

Victorian Mage looks dope though. Have you read the old outline for it? It's like an entirely different game.
>>
>>48656469
>One of the Beasts in the Primordial Feast kidnaps a Redeemed Promethean to torture her in her Lair until she becomes a Promethean again, because she can't accept that anyone would choose to be a human being.
This is truly Beast tier cringeworthy.
>>
>>48656501
Bit more complicated than that. They were close friends until the prommie achieved the new dawn and promptly forgot everything about her life as a prommie. It was just as much "How could you leave us?" as "Why would you become this?"
>>
>It’s a bold claim, and one that many scholars of the occult dispute. Certainly, on the surface a half-spirit wolfman and an immortal mummy seem to have little in common. In answer, Beasts point to the fact that human beings have an instinctive response to the supernatural. Sometimes it’s very overt and supernatural, as with the Quiescence Curse that Supernal magic invokes, werewolves’ Lunacy, or the aura of Disquiet that follows Prometheans. Other times it’s more subtle: the so-called “hunter response,” the fact that most people can’t see the gears of the God-Machine, even the general “live and let live” attitude that people subconsciously develop. Either way, Beasts believe that points to common ancestry.

>Those gameplay aspects we have to keep the supernatural secret mean it could all have the same origin
That's clever. I really need to fully read Beast one of these days.

>>48656294
That they're trying to join the thing Beasts reject, but that Disquiet reminds them of Heroes, so Beasts will often be protective of Prometheans, because they're precious cinnamon rolls; but that Disquiet can also be a good source for Nightmares if you just wanna leach off your new zombie buddy. Gives reasons for antagonistic crossovers, too: Beasts might "gatekeep" and stop unwanted strays from joining their prey, or see monstrous prometheans as "regard them as cuckoos trying to force their way into the Dark Mother’s nest", though that seems silly. They of course feel resonance with the Centimani.
>>
>>48656501
Not quite. The story doesn't insist that the Beast is a good guy.
>>
>>48656607
>>Those gameplay aspects we have to keep the supernatural secret mean it could all have the same origin
The Onyx Path, a Rank 10 entity.
>>
>>48656294
I'm just jumping around searching "Promethean". In Tokyo, apparently anything a Beast does draws Hero attention... but usually they'll "tilt at windmills" and by the time they show up the Beasts are gone, so they end up getting their ass kicked by the other supers they try to harass. Tokyo is such a clusterfuck. I can't wait to see the Crossover Chronicle. It's such a mess there. The head of the Hototogisu is a Ghoul who's company is involved in Awakened Politics, makes Fetishes for Werewolves, and is trying to make Prometheans.

Also, apparently Beast has this thing called the "Apex", which is the big badass of any area, who shapes the "Hive" of the city, even if they aren't a Beast. That's pretty neato. I really need to read through this for real one day.

>>48656501
Not really. I feel like you're just looking for excuses to hate Beast.
Vampires routinely try to shit on anyone who looks for Golconda, and the "try to become more human" Coil is considered Heresy to the Ordo Dracul. Actually, that encouraged me to write up file related months back. I didn't like any of the rules of that half finished Mystery of Humanity or whatever from the Secrets of the Covenants preview.

>>48656710
RichT is the Dark Mother.
>>
So from what previews we have and the order of announcement it looks like its going to go changeling then hunter then devient then giest right?
>>
>>48656772
You know, it's some real ass bullshit that Heroes in Tokyo don't wear spandex and shout all their attack names against Beasts.
>>
>>48657014
Here's to hoping Deviant gives us much needed giant monster/giant robot rules.
>>
>>48656992

Deviant's on its own release path, since it has to take a detour into Kickstarter City. There's a good chance that it will release before any of them, if not all of them.

Other than that, I'd say Changeling, then Hunter, then Geist is the most likely order of release. Changeling just nerds more development and art, Hunter needs to hire its writers, and Geist probably needs to do whatever pre-hiring things that need to be done.
>>
>>48657095
If I can't Henshin, I'm going to be disappointed.

>>48656992
Deviant will probably be out before Hunter.
>>
>>48657095
If I can't Henshin in Deviant, Dave will have some explaining to do.

>>48657014
They *do* form Hero fighting clubs called Guilds.

>>48657238
Deviant's getting a Kickstarter?
>>
>>48657238
Stew has said he's already submitted drafts for Geist, and DaveB says that he and Travis have been discussing Geist 2e for two years. Not to say that the order is wrong, I'm just saying that Geist may not be as far out as the recent announcement makes it seem.
>>
>>48657238
Iirc stuff that gets kickstarted already has most of the work done and just uses the money to expand on things and to make the deluxe book.
>>
>>48657318
So far all of the new game lines have had a Kickstarter, it's not surprising that it would get it.

>>48657345
True, so Deviant's not hopping directly to Kickstarter, but it's most likely going to be there sometime after the Scion Kickstarter.
>>
Looking back at some of my old homebrew projects, I was apparently making a D&D style Alignment system.

It's basically like Werewolf, but with two meters instead of one (the meters are Law/Chaos and Good/Evil, obviously). There's also a merit called "True Neutral" where if you shift away from or towards Neutral, you get a penalty or bonus.
>>
>>48657318

Mummy, Demon, and Beast all had kickstarters. Why wouldn't Deviant?

The next kickstarter is supposed to be Scion 2e, but we should see Deviant soon enough.
>>
File: WoD23.gif (441KB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
WoD23.gif
441KB, 400x214px
>>
File: WoD22.jpg (433KB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WoD22.jpg
433KB, 1836x2448px
>>48657675
>>
File: WoD21.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WoD21.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>
File: WoD20.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
WoD20.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>
File: WoD19.gif (2MB, 419x416px) Image search: [Google]
WoD19.gif
2MB, 419x416px
>>
File: WoD18.webm (3MB, 1024x480px) Image search: [Google]
WoD18.webm
3MB, 1024x480px
>>
>>48657675
What is that?

>>48657696
I can't even tell what's going on there.

>>48657726
What's that from?

Also, if you've got this many, upload them to Imgur
>>
>>48657675
I can't even see anything happening here. Spots of green seem to move. That's about it.
>>
File: WoD17.gif (483KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
WoD17.gif
483KB, 320x240px
>>48657743
I just wanted to put up my newest ones.

As for what that is. I don't know. Nosferatu? Zombie?

As for what's going on in the other one, I'd assume it's some mage who doesn't feel like getting a ticket.
>>
Do you think the indomitable merit applies to disquiet rolls?
>>
>>48657795
its from [rec]
using night vision to watch a possessed person shamble around their place
>>
File: AWW YEAAAAH.jpg (167KB, 900x666px) Image search: [Google]
AWW YEAAAAH.jpg
167KB, 900x666px
>>48654899
>Wild West

I think second take on Werewolf: The Wild West is long overdue.
>>
>>48658568

They did update Wild West to W20, if you're an Apocalypse player.

If anything, I'd want CofD Wild West to be Demon; the railways are Infrastructure trying to tame the free Hell that is the West. Gadget revolvers, Native Stigmatics, and who knows what other neat stuff awaits.
>>
>>48658740
I didn't know how much I wanted this until just now.
>>
>>48658822

There's a fantastic book called The Half-Made World that has the West as being so untamed that the geography literally changes from day to day, and two forces are trying to impose their reality on it; The Line is a cult that worships Lovecraftian gods who manifest as horrifying trains, and The Gun is a secret society of gunslingers who've sold their souls to what might be the devil.

It's probably the only steampunk media I've ever not gagged at.
>>
>>48654873
I hope we get more eras with goofy crossover focuses like a mummy/werewolf one or sin eaters and demons or something.
>>
>>48656133
Seriously? That's hilarious. Any choice quotes?
>>
>>48656067
I like mummy
>>
>>48658895

I'd like to see Geist/Mummy explore some elements of the cosmology and a Mummy/Demon just for the contrast between hypertech and dusty relics. A Vampire/Mummy crossover about what ancients get up to would also be a blast.

I'd love to see Mage/Hunter get a 1960s America crossover, because I'm having a tough time finishing it as a homebrew project but the idea is good. 1950s Promethean needs to happen if only for the thematic strength and a Zeka update to 2e, but maybe that could crossover with something fun. Golden Age of Piracy Geist absolutely needs to happen, though crossing it over with Changeling or Hunter are both very, very exciting. I still want to rough out an idea for Beast/Deviant in Ancient Greece, with the Beasts as servants of the gods a la the Furies and Deviants as those cursed souls like Arachne and Medusa.
>>
>>48658891
I'm not fond of the whole "the world is chaotic and needs to be forced into order"; only time I've liked that is in Zendikar (where the plane shifted all the time in response to the Eldrazi being imprisoned there). But I'd suggest reading Mistborn: The Alloy of Law. It's a distant sequel to Mistborn set in a Scadriel that's moved on and become very industrialized, but with technological advantages to take advantage of and protect against Allomancers and Ferruchemists.

>>48658895
That'd be awesome.

>>48654873
What else did the Dark Eras panel talk about?

>>48658980
>I still want to rough out an idea for Beast/Deviant in Ancient Greece, with the Beasts as servants of the gods a la the Furies and Deviants as those cursed souls like Arachne and Medusa.
Beast? With a purpose? Boy I'd like that.
>>
>>48658980
>nd a Mummy/Demon just for the contrast between hypertech and dusty relics

"I bring you the gift of laser battle and you respond with a fresco of the Nile?!"

Then suddenly sybaris madness just all over.
>>
>>48659048

My favorite part of the upcoming Crossover Chronicle as already going to be where they explain what happens when the same mortal gets hit with Lunacy, Quiescence, Disquiet, and Sybaris, all at once.
>>
>>48659085
They lose their goddamned minds
>>
>>48659139

Eh. We already know that bad enough Lunacy can create a Wolf-Blooded, and I'm sure that much supernatural strain may well just force and Awakening.
>>
>>48659085
They asplode.
>>
>>48657318
>They *do* form Hero fighting clubs called Guilds.

I thought Heroes were completely psychologically/spiritually incapable of cooperating with other Heroes? Mind you, I don't get why Matt insisted on that being a key aspect of Heroes, since Heroes are so mechanically weak that they're barely a threat to a single Beast, never mind an entire fucking Brood.
>>
>>48659249

The Hero write-up mentions that team-ups aren't impossible, just rare. So maybe it's just something about the culture.
>>
>>48659249
They generally mind control people.
Also, it's really not so much that Heroes are weak as it is that Beasts get a bunch of powers that amount to "kill a thing". Mortals with no real protection against supernatural things aren't going to be able to stand up to Dragonfire, whether they've got the +1 Sword or not.
>>
>>48657743

Pretty sure >>48657726 is from Mama.
>>
>>48658980

And of course I forgot that I ran a Vampire/Hunter Seven Years' War game set in Colonial Montreal. The Invictus siding with the British and the Lance siding with the French, manipulating the war for North America from behind the scenes, a possible Wendigo clan/bloodline among the Natives, getting to see Cheiron back when they were the Acheron shipping company, etc etc etc
>>
Okay i cant seem to get the pamphlet to work, what does it say in the trinity sections?
>>
>>48659157
Magically spook someone so hard they become a mage? This sounds like a job for terror sybaris and monter wolf men
>>
>>48660133

Dunno, the PDF upload is missing ten pages.
>>
>>48660160

Or a terribly unethical Obrimos, blowing minds clean open with Prime.
>>
Okay im feeling dumb, where in the book are the universal milestones detailed?
>>
>>48658980
Beast/Changeling with the Greek gods actually being members of the Lost Pantheon with Typhon being an extremely powerful Apex who has managed to claim multiple Hives and widely considered to be a sort of messiah and consort to the Dark Mother is where it's at. The battle against Zeus and Typhon actually happened, but it was embellished over the years.
>>
>>48660529
Check the bookmarks. It's in the Storytelling section, between Prescribed Milestones and Compounds/Mixtures. Page 300

>>48660787
Lost Pantheon?
>>
>>48660826
>Lost Pantheon?
An ancient Changeling Entitlement that claims that the pagan gods of old were actually members of their Entitlement. It is powerful one that basically makes you a baby Fae.
>>
Can someone post the Investigation rules that are in the Chronicles of Darkness corebook?
>>
>>48660826
>Check the bookmarks. It's in the Storytelling section, between Prescribed Milestones and Compounds/Mixtures. Page 300
I see rules for failing them but not descriptions for what they are
>>
>>48658568
>>48654899

As a non-American, could you explain the appeal in the Wild West era?
>>
>>48661037
It was a time when you could pick up stakes to start a new life where the government didn't have a whole lot of power and nobody knew you. Adventure and freedom to start anew basically.
>>
>>48656772
>Vampires routinely try to shit on anyone who looks for Golconda, and the "try to become more human" Coil is considered Heresy to the Ordo Dracul. Actually, that encouraged me to write up file related months back. I didn't like any of the rules of that half finished Mystery of Humanity or whatever from the Secrets of the Covenants preview.

Golconda ain't a thing in Requiem.
It was mentioned ONCE at the start of the line, and then it was decided that they weren't going to go down that path, and never said anything about it ever again.
>>
>>48661037

The Western genre was popular for the same reason the post-apocalyptic genre is popular now: it's tales of daring people who boldly set out in a world without rules and the danger therein.
>>
>>48660993
(I still found it in the bookmarks)

>>48661092
I feel like there was more. At least, I've seen plenty of Requiem characters want to do it. It was also originally mentioned in 2e, but a later update reworded it to salvation or something generic.

Either way, the Coil of Ziva is still heresy, and people get murked for it.
>>
>>48661337
>Either way, the Coil of Ziva is still heresy, and people get murked for it.
We'll see if that one actually gets into the book.
>>
>>48661337
I still don't fucking understand why there's no new Coil of Blood in Secrets of the Covenants.
>>
>>48661337
>Buttress the Soul

Good lord. This seems like it could potentially spiral outta control, what with players gaining a Beat every time they risk Detachment, and this Coil making it much more viable to stay at high Humanity.
>>
>>48661337

Between Coil of the Wyrm, Riding the Wave style and Rites of the Impaled style, one starts to get the impression that the Sworn of the Axe are not to be fucked with.
>>
File: Onyx Path -writing-.png (75KB, 613x438px) Image search: [Google]
Onyx Path -writing-.png
75KB, 613x438px
Reminder that Onyx Path's """"writers""""" don't even know that "they" is the English language's gender neutral pronoun and resort to using tumblr otherkin made-up pronouns instead of it.
>>
File: 1458581906214.jpg (99KB, 308x765px) Image search: [Google]
1458581906214.jpg
99KB, 308x765px
>>48662243
This can't be real.
>>
>>48662288
I know how you feel, but it is. Beast: the Primordial core rulebook is the source.
>>
File: don't_scarfolk.jpg (111KB, 660x1000px) Image search: [Google]
don't_scarfolk.jpg
111KB, 660x1000px
>>48662243
>>48662288
>>48662344
Welcome to the world of language, where everything's made up, and the pronouns don't matter
>>
>>48662344
>>48662288
>>48662243

"They" as singular neutral is not an accepted usage of pronoun in any current manual of style, especially in the Chicago Manual of Style, which many works fall back on. Using neo-pronouns is, currently, more grammatically correct than using singular "they".

This could be changed, but people are far more interested in fighting a boring culture war on the internet than actually doing anything.
>>
>>48662430
>"They" as singular neutral is not an accepted usage of pronoun
Myth.
>>
>>48662243
>>48662288
>>48662344
>>48662392
>>48662430
>>48662447
Also, reminder that Beast is a horrible book to use as a reference for anything, and Promethean uses singular they.It also uses zir and other """"""made up"""""" pronouns
Source: Page 70, bottom right corner. Continues onto the top-left of the next page.
>>
Y'know the problem with trying to change language is that just cause you make up a new word and tell everyone what it means doesn't mean that everyone will use it.

Transgendered people trying to extend their pronouns outside of their community and having it fail because no one has any need for them, seems to be par for the course.

Like come back in 50 years when everything's all Eclipse Phase and gender is impossible to tell. Then maybe those communities will actually have some uses for those words.
>>
>>48661360
I kind of hope it doesn't. It's boring and stupid.

>>48662243
>>48662288
>>48662344
>>48662392
>resort to using tumblr otherkin made-up pronouns instead of it.

>Not realizing that was intentional
Also, Scarfolk is right: everything is made up. they used the pronouns to highlight that said Beast doesn't identify as male or female. They wanted to highlight that fact and call attention to it; "they" would be ignored and the fact that it's a conscious choice would be overlooked.

>>48662447
>in any current manual of style
That doesn't make it right, but at least for Mage 2e, Dave said he wasn't *allowed* to use "they" for Baphomet, and that "his/her" was the right way for their style guide (he did say that he or someone else got them to use the Oxford Comma; whatever style guide they use was apparently written by heathens).

>>48662430
But plenty of people have tried to change that. In fact, Singular They was the Word of the Year for 2014. (Crying while laughing emoji was 2015s).
Singular They is back in vogue, not just for nonbinary people, but for a gender non-exclusive writing period, since "he" should not be the default human in a world where 51% of humans are not He.
Also

>fighting a boring culture war on the internet than actually doing anything.
First off, a significant portion of daily life is spent on the internet for Western culture, and generally the people bitching that others are wasting their time "fighting a culture war" are the ones who have nothing to lose and don't care about others.

>>48662515
>>48662243
>""""writers"""""
>""""""made up""""""
Who started this """""meme""""? I fucking hate it and want it to die. Quotation marks are not for emphasis.
>>
>>48662570
Pretty much this. What the triggered tumblrinas in this thread are ignoring about language is that while all words are made up, they only become usable, specially in written works, when there is at least some consensus about their meaning. Replacing a traditional pronoun for "zir" is no more acceptable than replacing a random noun for "bazorkazork".

>>48662638
>Not realizing that was intentional
>They were just pretending they were retarded.
>>
>>48662570
Far less people use these kind of pronouns than 4chan would have you believe, and almost all of them only use them *inside* of their community. I've met so many transgender people that I honestly could not count how many it's been. Do you know how many have ever asked me to use nonstandard pronouns? Literally none. Hir is more used in the fucking furry community for their ridiculous hermaphrodite OCs.

In all honesty, the use of these nonstandard pronouns is a thing confined to Tumblr, and more often than not used by teenagers trying to find or make an identity for themselves. The same kind of people who are overly specific about their choice in music or the subcultures and fandoms they belong to, because that is a natural part of being young and trying to find out who you are. Many people who want to be referred to by ze will choose a gender they'll identify as regardless of whether it's a perfect fit, or they'll be fine being nonbinary but using 'they'. But their identities are no less valid just because they'll get sanded to something less *particular* as they get older, just as their insistence on being clear about which subgenre of metal they're into is valid. I mean, fuck, even adults will get upset if you refer to them by the wrong ethnicity or specific political faction.

Onyx Path's use of nonstandard pronouns is frustrating because it's treating a really small thing as if it were big. It's like "hey, we want to include you" but being almost eyerollingly friendly about it. But you know what? I don't care. I appreciate it. I use they instead of ze but fuck me I like that they're trying, and showing actual effort, instead of like D&D where they just go "oh hey you can be trans or a hermaphrodite or something, but you know we're never gonna mention it". And more than that, as the sidebar said in Mortal Remains, it's kind of a bit of worldbuilding, and certainly fits with both Beasts that reject Humanity and Prometheans that don't know what they are.
>>
>>48662695
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's """"retarded"""". And, no, you're the only one who's triggered here, because you're the one throwing a shitfit and acting like everyone's an idiot for doing something you don't agree with.

This company has been SJW since probably before you even picked up a set of funny dice. If you don't like it, you should just save yourself the trouble, and the thread another bitchfest.
>>
>>48662794
Why they should have to pander to 0.0001% of people is beyond me.
>>
>>48662822
They can be as SJW as they want, as long as, as >>48662794 mentioned, they don't act so flagrantly stupid about it. "Zir" is not something that should ever be written by someone who calls themselves a writer, and it's just a cringeworthy failed attempt at pandering.
>>
Bunch of fucking cis scum in this thread
>>
>>48662834
Because it's a larger number than that and because why should they pander to you?

>>48662866
I'm both of those people, and you missed my point entirely.
I don't care that they're using Zir. I don't even find it ill fitting. If anyone is going to use those pronouns, it's going to be supers.

Fuck, do you know Combo's backstory?

>Combo is newly and rudely born, assembled by another Promethean from the remains of his destroyed throngmates in a fit of loneliness. Zie doesn’t know which of them zie is, if any, but zie feels something towards zir creator. Is it gratitude? Is it hatred? Either way, when he left zir, overwrought with shame, zie followed, clutching a roughly worked soapstone carving that zie somehow knows was precious to one of zir. a thing that consumed much of zie’s time. It whispers to zir that zie must aid him, that understanding will follow. Combo knows that before zir’s Creator will forgive zir, he must forgive himself.
This motherfucker might not even have one set of genitals. Also Combo makes me uncomfortable. Something about mashing your dead friends together is just... really discomforting.
>>
>>48662963
Promethean x Beast futa fanfic when?
>>
>>48662834
It makes them look progressive.
>>
File: obama_had_a_hard_life.jpg (32KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
obama_had_a_hard_life.jpg
32KB, 460x276px
With all these 2e versions of nWoD stuff, is there some list on what did they change ie. a changelog?
I really don't want to buy new books just because they changed a few lines here and there...
>>
File: Here's Your (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Here's Your (You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>48662834
But you feel they should pander to .00000000013504431% of people?
Here's your (You)
In case you suck at math, that's 1 person in 7.4 billion, a rough estimation of the world's current population.
>>
>>48663172

Pretty much every book but Vampire was majorly overhauled in one way or another, usually multiple systems have been replaced outright.

Even Vampire underwent considerable rejiggering just to update it to the new core system, even if not a lot changed internally.
>>
>>48663172
Probably worth it to
Invest in the publishers it's the
Right thing to do
After all they created
These wonderful settings for us to
Enjoy and

Including new rules really is priveleg to be
Thankful for
>>
File: kojima_sad.gif (942KB, 253x216px) Image search: [Google]
kojima_sad.gif
942KB, 253x216px
>>48663238
Sure I could just read the new rules and manually compare what changed and how then write those changes up to keep as a note between my old books.
But that's haaaaaard.

So yeah, that's why I was asking if someone had done it already.
>>
>>48663284
I mean a lot of it is reworking to make sure the game works with the new Chronicles rules (conditions, beats, etc.)

Mage is completely different mechanically wise.

Honestly just check them out. A lot of books have cool new powers or systems that simplify the game or add more to your original setting.

They're practically new sourcebooks even if you wanted to stick to the old rules.

I doubt it would all fit in one changelog.
>>
>>48663337
Not even when separated by setting? Jesus.
Alright, I suppose that's the only way. I just feel like a dunce for buying V:tR and W:tF used two years ago.
>>
>>48663337
I would read the new mage book, but I'm under a specific Ban.
>>
>>48662994
You ever seen Field of Dreams, anon?
If you write it, they will cum.

>>48663083
Being progressive, how terrible.
I'm sure you'll complain about virtue signalling, and how no one is *actually* progressive, they just pretend to look good (to the other people pretending).

>>48663172
>>48663284
Literally everything. It's almost an entirely new game thematically, and it's overhauled mechanically as well (not enough mechanically).

>>48663238
Cheeky.

>>48663193
Going the extra mile.

>>48663207
Vampire changed subtly, but they're major changes.
>>
>>48663388
Well the nice thing is all the new books are self contained (you don't need a special "core rules book now")

Also You can still probably use things from 1st ed, there's just cooler things laying around now.

Hunter's Mortal remains pretty much requires you to have your first ED book laying around.
>>
>>48663238
In my defense I usually buy hard copies of books I end up getting attached to.

Still it's easier to get everyone to read the rules when you distribute a free PDF
>>
>>48663504

While I'm bummed that the single core system shortens the word count for the rest of the material, needing only one book to play is an excellent tradeoff.
>>
>>48663388
You know how the V20 books work, right? They're sort of like that. Everything that was important to play the game was rewritten and refocused to provide a more thematic experience and upgrade the game to new mechanics that often help that experience. Things that worked are expanded upon, and things that didn't work are either tweaked or removed. For instance, I'd say that the biggest change is that Werewolves can mate with other Werewolves without it being a sin. Not the most important change, but it's a big one that says "you know what, that aspect was stupid, we're just going to ditch it".

It's basically a remake, or a reboot. Comparing the two would be like comparing The Thing From Another World and The Thing.
>>
File: feels_spurdo.png (188KB, 664x599px) Image search: [Google]
feels_spurdo.png
188KB, 664x599px
>>48662392
As a person from a country with a language that doesn't use gendered pronouns, this whole thing with new pronouns seems kinda silly.
Not only the part of inventing new ones but the fact that so many languages have multiple pronouns in the first place.
>>
>>48662638
>Who started this """""meme""""? I fucking hate it and want it to die. Quotation marks are not for emphasis.

>acknowledging that language is made up
>saying that something doesn't work """"""that way"""""" in the same post
kek desu senpai
>>
>>48663950
>Complaining about people making up pronouns
>Forcing a dumb meme
kek indeed.
>>
It's a game about building an identity for yourself. Where better to mine for resources than the current gender identity push?

It's a perfectly fine fit.
>>
So is 'try and get it to fall's a valid tactic for demons engaging with Angels?
>>
Can I be a zir?
>>
>>48665284

That's like saying "can I be a he?"

You could be genderfluid/genderqueer/agender/what have you and then use zie/zir as your pronouns.
>>
>>48665252
Sure, but that's a risky strategy because it involves actively engaging with the angel instead of hiding and sabotage. But it's possible, enemies and their pawns defecting to your side are a great asset.

>>48665284
You can be whatever you want little buddy.
>>
>>48665252
Valid, but unwise. Demons happen when they fail or discover the GM's flaws, if you make them fall, they'll blame you instead. It's like fucking with an agent on a personal level - before they were a tool against you, but then you made it personal.
>>
File: overjoyed.gif (940KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
overjoyed.gif
940KB, 500x280px
>>48665321
>You can be whatever you want little buddy.
>>
>>48663793

Language is weird and dumb. We should have all converted to speaking Esperanto years ago.
>>
Help me remember something. I know abberent has rules for super tech, for all those mega intelligence people, but did adventure have something like that to? I simply remember something along those lines but I can't be sure.
>>
File: wittgenstein.jpg (50KB, 635x854px) Image search: [Google]
wittgenstein.jpg
50KB, 635x854px
>>48665474
>mfw
>>
>>48665370
Believe in yourself, anon
>>
>>48665474
Any good resources for learning it? I'm getting tired translating Saga's moonspeak.
>>
Does anyone remember the book where there's an IC fluff segment in a mummy (or hunter?) book that has an LDI document about what they look for with mummy cults? It might be Mortal Remains but I could have sworn it was in a proper Mummy book rather than Hunter.
>>
>>48665503

You're a cool as hell dude, Wittgenstein, but facts are facts.

>>48665564

The Duolingo website and app has an Esperanto program, and it's free.
>>
>>48665772

I think that's in Guildhalls of the Deathless, but Dreams of Avarice has a similar intro.
>>
>>48665474
>>48665503
>>48665871
Language is a virus
https://youtu.be/8dNsI3cp6-k

Actually, the Vocal Cord Parasites would be a great thing for World of Darkness.
Maybe a Cryptid. Or, taking a page from Evangelion's Ireul, an Angel. Possibly a high ranking Angel spread out across all humanity as a passive entity.
>>
>>48665887
It isn't either of those, at least the intro. I reread a bunch of Mummy (and Hunter) shit this week and there was a really cool bit about someone using data analytics to identify Arisen via their few social signs. I know it exists, but what book it might be is fucking killing me.
>>
>>48665252
I once ran a game that went full owod meta plot nonsense about a group trying to make the god machine itself fall
>>
>>48665989
That's not metaplot. If you want to punch out the God-Machine or destroy the Exarchs, that's totally valid.

Metaplot is when a game is specifically set up so that the story and backstory are told through the actions of non-player story characters, as opposed to left open for the players to explore and change within the framework of their own game.

Plus, that's like the general goal of most Demons, and the God-Machine Chronicle.
>>
>>48665984

I know it's not in Sothis Ascends.
>>
>>48666035
Yeah. This is bugging me. I've been rereading a lot of Mummy this week for some reason, and I know it exists but cannot figure out where.
>>
>>48656429
sure, but mostly old
>>
>>48666029
I know, I just meant it resembles owod in the crazy scale some of that games scenarios had
I thought most demons wanted the god machine dead
>>
Did that mortal remains like expansion for beast ever get released or is it still in development? Will deviant get one?
>>
>>48665284
You used to, but they changed how Harmony works in the Idigam Chronicle
>>
>>48666100
>is it still in development?
What company do you think you're talking about, Anon.
>Will deviant get one?
Probably a stretch goal of the Kickstarter.

>>48666126
Cute. I understood that.
>>
>>48666085

Saboteurs want the Machine dead, sure. But Integrators want to rejoin or fix it, Inquisitors want to understand how it works, and Tempters just want to be left to their fun. The average demon wants the God-Machine to stop hunting them way more than they want to destroy it.
>>
>FATHER WOLF, THE PANGAEAN

>Yes, this means Father Wolf is not a spirit, as later eras of werewolves believe, but a Pangaean. In modern terms there’s not much of a distinction, as most Pangaeans that actually survived the Sundering slowly turned into spirits (like the Firstborn) or became horrors entirely of the world of Flesh. The latter kind succumbed to the ravages of time as the ages passed, passing into myth as monsters of legend.

HOLD THE FUCK UP, NOW
>>
>>48666166

Welcome to months ago, anon. We also got new Firstborn and the Underworld used to be an ocean.
>>
>>48666144
Defeating the God-Machine could involve fixing it (as even Saboteurs will admit that wrecking gears can cause devastation), which will require knowing it. Tempters likewise know that a God-Machine that no longer exists or functions properly is the best way to achieve Hell.

>>48666166
YUP.
Also, that gives credence to what the Beasts say, if you consider that Luna is the Crone is the Dark Mother
>>
>>48666200
Are all three also Ammut or is Mummy once more relegated to its own thing.

>>48666189
So what makes a Pangean different from anything else? From where I sit that doesn't mean anything more than primal god really.
>>
>>48666382

Ammut is more like a personification of entropy than anything else. She might share space with The Crone and Dark Mother, but I see her as more of a force than an entity.
>>
>>48666422
I thought Ammut was the new edition's take on Granny.
>>
You get dropped into the Amazon Rainforest and have to survive for a few months.

You can know Arcana like a starting noob Mage: what do you bring?

Bonus question: You can have one at 5 and one at 4 instead. What do you pick?
>>
>>48666609
Granny Goodness? We New Gods now?
>>
>>48666646
I pick laying on the ground until something kills me
>>
>>48666646
Life.

Presumably I can't use Space to teleport out.
>>
>>48666646
Arcana 3 means I can summon supernal entities.

I build my kingdom on the bones of dead angels
>>
>>48666672
Grandma from Orpheus.
>>
>>48666646
>Amazon Rainforest and have to survive for a few months
Life 3 for survivalist shit, Spirit 2 for hiding from strong Spirits, Space 1 for never being snuck up on.

Time to build myself a house out of a tree.
>>
>>48666646
Time + Fate, of course. What else? I'll just happen to luck across whatever items I need to get when I need to get them.

Including a way out of the Amazon Rainforest.
>>
>>48653934
>Devient: The Renegades
What is this exactly?
>>
>>48666856
Ssshhh don't talk about her. I actually plan to use her in my chronicle.
>>
File: 1467377319837.jpg (143KB, 694x488px) Image search: [Google]
1467377319837.jpg
143KB, 694x488px
>>48653934
>What are you excited for?

One World of Darkness, obviously.
It is gonna be fantastic.
>>
File: smug loli 247.jpg (157KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
smug loli 247.jpg
157KB, 1024x576px
>>48667290

Sure it will
>>
>>48657742
>Nosferatu preparing for a night on the town
>>
File: 1379660575184.jpg (39KB, 685x768px) Image search: [Google]
1379660575184.jpg
39KB, 685x768px
>>48658568
They honestly need to make a Western everything. Or atleast more info on Hunters so I can be pic related
>>
>>48662243
>Really horrible stuff
I don't see murder there. You know, the worst crime of all?
>>
>>48667581
>It's not quite so bad as literal murder!
I suppose if there's a compliment you can give Onyx Path products, this is it.
>>
Olympics in the World of Darkness

How are they different?
>>
>>48667581
No, being innocent is the worst crime of all, haven't you seen Hunchback of Notre Dame?

Also, I've always felt that while murder is bad because it ends a life, torture and things of that ilk are worse because they don't; I mean, you get murdered and you're dead. You get fucked up and you have to live with that. That's pretty fucked up. Also, "really horrible stuff" doesn't mean it has to be "literally the worst". She's also not punishing politicians for war crimes. Or doctors for malpractice. Or drunks.
Don't judge a Vampion on which shitty things they most feel like going to vigilantism over.

>>48667627
Real world Olympics are so fucking horrible behind the scenes that adding the supernatural won't make a difference.
>>
>>48667621
It just upsets me and I think it is really damaging to rape victims
>Wow you were raped? You are better off murdered. Rape is literally the most horrible thing to ever happen to a person.
I dont know about you but I would much rather be drugged unconscous and buttfucked then killed.
>>
Playing through Dark Souls and watching Vaati Vidya with zero context for Dark Souls 3 really makes me want some Chronicles of Darkness stuff for fantasy. I want non-historical Dark Eras. Though I suppose regular Dark Eras will give me enough information for building a setting, if not how to fight dragons.
>>
>>48667647
they didnt torture or kept as a rape slave. Like what was that european dude that kept his daughter in a rape dungeon? That is waaay different then date rape which is one of the examples used in the book.
But at the end of the day it is possible to move past rape. Its not possible to get better after dying...well unless you come back as a Frankenstein or Zombie.
>>
>>48662834
You should check onyxpath forums, LGBTWTFBBQ bunch is represented there much more than just that. Aside from virtue signalling it's same as in comic books. They know their core audience will buy the books no matter what and this is the cringe worthy result of trying to reach outside (again similar to comics).
Also I heard one of the developers and handful of writers are trans too.

And now for something completely different.
How do you feel about Promethean advance copy?
Compared to Mage, I feel like nobody even bothered to read it before letting it out.
Especially Transmutations feel grossly unbalanced and mechanically inconsistent. Rest is all right I guess.

>>48667648
You just think that. Raped people complain about it all the time, but nobody heard dead ones to have any objections.
>>
>>48667621
>>48667581
>>48667686
>>48667648
>I think it is really damaging to rape victims
I think you're incredibly childish and just looking for reasons to bitch about Beast, and also not really in a position to speak for rape victims. Many of whom would argue that what happened to them *is* one of the worst things that can happen to a person.
Nevermind that "rape victims would be better off if they were murdered instead" is not even remotely something the text there even implied.

>That is waaay different then date rape which is one of the examples used in the book.
It said "really horrible stuff", not "literally the worst thing that can happen to someone ever, if it happens you'll be better off dead". Plenty of people who've been through that have wished they were dead. Also, being betrayed by someone you trust is a fucking *horrible* feeling. I'm pretty sure ze would kill a dad who kept his daughter in a rape dungeon, too, so that's kind of a moot point.

>But at the end of the day it is possible to move past rape
And yet it still leaves scars.

But, again, the entire argument here is moot, because that's not even what the fucking book says.

>>48667746
>It's all just virtue signalling! Nobody actually cares about anything! They just want to look good to all the other people who don't care!
Nevermind that as you pointed out in both OPP and comics, several of the writers *do* care about this stuff because it effects them.

Also, aren't you just signalling your virtues when you make posts like that?
>>
File: 11930859dea3d017e60c04dfec2c558a.jpg (682KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11930859dea3d017e60c04dfec2c558a.jpg
682KB, 848x1200px
Is no one else interested in a more traditional fantasy CofD?

I'm tempted to try to run a game based on the original Final Fantasy, with the players as Proximi. Should be relatively low powered, but still interesting enough.
>>
>>48667784
>Nevermind that as you pointed out in both OPP and comics, several of the writers *do* care about this stuff because it effects them.
Are you unable to read or did you forget to take your pill again?
>>
>>48667961
mitebkewl
>>
>>48657743
>I can't even tell what's going on there.

Looks like the guy in car either shot him with a flare or shot a road flare the cop was wearing.
>>
>>48658980
>1950s Promethean needs to happen if only for the thematic strength and a Zeka update to 2e, but maybe that could crossover with something fun.

How about combine atomic age Promethean with another setting I wanted to do: Lost Vegas. Vegas boomed in the 50's - in more ways than one if you include watching nuclear tests on the horizon. And Vegas with its revelry and ties to luck and fate is a perfect match for Changeling. And who wouldn't want to play in Rat-Pack Vegas?

It's even got a nice denouement as the wonder of nuclear power fell off while the Cold War dragged on, and Las Vegas sunk into the crime and sleaze of the 70's.
>>
>>48667176
The new line coming out for CofD. You play as someone who got experimented on. Could be science, could be magic. But it made you a monster, and the monolithic corporation/secret society/conspiracy kept you under lock and key so they could study you or use you for their own purposes.

However, you've escaped. And now you're looking to take the fight back to them.
>>
>>48657095
We do "sorta" have some rules for that. There's a maggath of the united states who has a special numina/rule to account for basically being the statue of liberty in terms of size and such
>>
I can understand why Beast uses the special-snowflake pronouns, since all the example characters in Beast are whiny brats who continually self-victimize and imagine themselves as oppressed by society at large (even though they're the ones who create Heroes out of normal people, lul), just like your average weirdo tumblr kid.

But Prometheans? They want to integrate themselves into humanity, to have a semblance of a normal life. Why would they care about this crap? Sure, some of them are created with genderless bodies, but don't they have more pressing matters to attend to? How do they even KNOW about some goofy new pronoun that no one outside of San Francisco has ever heard of?

Why is any of this in a horror game?
>>
Reading Promethean is kind of a pain because of the non-standard pronouns. My brain just kind of grinds to a halt whenever I hit one and it makes it nearly impossible to process what I've read without reading it multiple times. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but I don't know if I want to put that much effort into it seeing as how I'll probably never get a chance to play Promethean anyway.
>>
>>48668263
Spotted the person who never read the final draft of Beast.

Promethean is a book about exploring identity and trying to figure out who you are. It isn't necessarily about conforming, so much as it is about finding what it means to be human, and what that means is different for a lot of people. The pronouns make reading it annoying, but they're there for a reason.
>>
>>48668263
>They want to integrate themselves into humanity, to have a semblance of a normal life. Why would they care about this crap? Sure, some of them are created with genderless bodies, but don't they have more pressing matters to attend to?

Perhaps because what life they've lived in the between-spaces of gender is what they know best and when they become human, they want to continue to live that way, among people who will understand and support them. You know, what any human would want.

>How do they even KNOW about some goofy new pronoun that no one outside of San Francisco has ever heard of?

They study humans. They watch, they listen, they read, they emulate. It's hardly a stretch for a Promethean who doesn't fit into any gender to want to be like someone they've seen dealing with the same issue. Prometheans use the internet, when they can, so they're just as likely as you are to find an echo-box where what they want to hear is repeated about.

This also means it's just as likely that you could have a genderless Promethean who thinks the whole thing is stupid and a waste of time.

Look, a character for you!
>>
>>48668285
>Spotted the person who never read the final draft of Beast.

Not the guy/girl/zir/hir/whatever you responded to, but the final draft of Beast didn't actually make the game any less of an aimless, shitty mess. Maybe come 3rd Edition they'll make something decent out of the line.
>>
>>48668294
>putting tumblr shit into your games
This is why you don't have a group.
>>
>>48666646
>starting noob mage arcana
>one 5 and one 4

Holy fuck what kind of 'starting noob mage' is that shit?
>>
>>48669568
The kind that exists in white, empty rooms with all the mage armors always up and all the spells already ready to cast to prove how mages are overpowered.
>>
>>48669615
Oh, so the Standard WoD General Noob Mage. Got it.
>>
>>48669568
Spotted the anon who can't read.
>>
>>48666382
>So what makes a Pangean different from anything else? From where I sit that doesn't mean anything more than primal god really.

It means that he wasn't a spirit. He was equal parts flesh and spirit.
He had powers drawn from the supernal, the shadow, and the realm of flesh.
He was a god among gods.
>>
How do I Rage Against The Machine in VTR 2e?
>>
File: 1415709394713.jpg (185KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1415709394713.jpg
185KB, 1024x1024px
>>48669615
>>48669634
I mean, compared to other splats CoD Mages are "broken" as fuck, but the different lines aren't exactly supposed to be balanced against one another (or even within their own context).
>>
File: 1470085132823.jpg (137KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470085132823.jpg
137KB, 667x1000px
>>48669854
Find an Unchained.
>>
What's a good oWoD Clan or Bloodline for a Taoist Vampire teacher?
>>
Why is the PoD version of Dark Eras available, but not for Mage 2e? Didn't Dark Eras come out second?
>>
>>48670305
no
>>
>>48670273

You may actually want to consider playing a Kuei-Jin. Otherwise, consider the Wu Zao.
>>
>>48670312
Ah, I must be misremembering. Still, can't wait to get a physical copy of Mage. I'm planning to crib the rules from Bowery Dogs to run a Mage game set in the 70s, though not in Wall Street like the book suggests.
>>
Is the StoryPath preview out yet?

Please, Onyx Path, I'm starving. Starving for games.
>>
>>48670352
The Storyteller is allowing us some input for Path of Enlightenment tutor design, which is nice of him, and I feel drawn to the Path of Self-Focus as the solution to my character's problems.
I thought about Wu Zao, but aren't they super rare and secretive?
>>
>>48668263
>since all the example characters in Beast are whiny brats who continually self-victimize and imagine themselves as oppressed by society at large (even though they're the ones who create Heroes out of normal people, lul), just like your average weirdo tumblr kid.
Careful not to cut yourself on all that edge
>>
>>48670393

They are, which is the big problem. They're not TOO rare as to be unplayable, though. See what your ST thinks. For something more common, maaaaybe try Toreador? It's a surprisingly versatile clan for a lot of concepts.
>>
File: 1171770889037.jpg (46KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
1171770889037.jpg
46KB, 600x488px
What should the roll be for horse riding? Dex + Drive/Athletics/Animal Ken? Nothing seems to make sense.
>>
>>48670968

Wits + Animal Ken in a modern setting, I'd say.
>>
>>48671003
I'd go for Manipulation or Presence. You are trying to make a Horse do what you want, after all.

Also, could argue that it's Athletics rather than Animal Ken.
>>
>>48670968
>>48671003
Depends on the context
Keeping your grip while the horse is trying to buck you off? Dex+Athletics
Turning a corner on horse-back during a chase? Dex+Drive
Going steady and trying to keep the horse calm? Wits+Animal Ken
>>
So is the pamphlet broken for everyone? Is that intentional because the con isnt over?
>>
>>48671302
If by "broken" you mean "missing every page after 18", yes
We don't know why
>>
>>48666382
>So what makes a Pangean different from anything else? From where I sit that doesn't mean anything more than primal god really.
They are the base. Spirits are a reflection. Humans are a mess. Pangaea was the core of all.
>>
>>48666646
Time 5 is sufficient to throw yourself several months into the future, skipping all the survival bits. You can probably do it with Time 4 provided no one interrupts the ritual.
>>
>>48671447
So let's go into other splat lore. What else are Pangeans, the shan'iatu? Whatever built the God-Machine?
>>
>>48671495
The God Machine might be one. Tools/machines had been invented. It might have started manipulating the world to keep itself from dying out or becoming a spirit or whatever the other Pangeans turned into.

Beasts dark mother.
>>
>>48671515

I will not for the life of me understand why they didn't just name her Echidna.
>>
>>48671567
Or Tiamat, or Lillith, or Angrboda, or any of the other "mother of monster" figures so prominent in world mythologies.
>>
>>48670838
Could a Torie embrace the principles of Vampire Taoism? I guess just accepting its nature and the fact that the silly bitch is going to stare at fucking fish in a stream or some shit for a couple hours on the regular would be manageable.
>>
>>48671567
Because it would be taking away any mystery and forcing her into a greek origin
>>
>>48671577
All those names are what cultures called her
If you name her that it sets a standard that they don't want to set
>>
I want to FUCK Tiamat
>>
>>48671637
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>48671637
i'd assume most people do. she has appearance 4 and presence 5.
>>
File: Al a Sad.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Al a Sad.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
>>48671685
>you will never purge Drakonskyr from her mind and body
>you will never rescue Lantla from his demonic grip
>you will never save your perfect qt Sumerian waifu from an eternity of torment or Final Death

Why even Jyhad?
>>
File: Sad Panda.jpg (12KB, 291x367px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Panda.jpg
12KB, 291x367px
>>48671716
>mfw
>>
>>48671601
>>48671613

I get that they didn't want to impose a cultural standard on her, but they least they could have done is pick a less boring name.
>>
File: 248[1].jpg (17KB, 200x302px) Image search: [Google]
248[1].jpg
17KB, 200x302px
>>48671948
whats wrong with her name?
>>
>>48671993

It's a very dull name for a potential primordial origin for all monsters.
>>
>>48671495

The Shan'iatu could be weird super spirits or something, as they're so fluid in form (the text fiction has them take the shapes of human beings, storms of scorpions, and a massive ape), but things get complicated when you try to puzzle out who the gods are that created them, what the fuck the Judges are, and why all of them are so focused on the Law.
>>
>>48671515
The God-Machine isn't a Pangaean.
It's a universal force like the Principal and, based on various bits across Demon books, Beast, and Promethean 2e, it seems like it could be a sibling of the Dark Mother and the Principal.
>>
>>48672691

I like to think that the God-Machine is a Fallen reflection of the Principle, which is why they both have angels but the former can only make shoddy Covers while the latter can create new true souls.
>>
>>48669160
Aimless and shitty doesn't mean this is true
>all the example characters in Beast are whiny brats who continually self-victimize and imagine themselves as oppressed by society at large (even though they're the ones who create Heroes out of normal people, lul), just like your average weirdo tumblr kid.
It was barely true of the original draft.

>>48668263
Oh grow up.

>Sure, some of them are created with genderless bodies, but don't they have more pressing matters to attend to?
More pressing matters than figuring out who they are? No, that is literally their strongest drive.
>How do they even KNOW about some goofy new pronoun that no one outside of San Francisco has ever heard of?
You think they're unable to use the internet? Also, Azothic Memory. Clearly Prometheans in the past have found such terms useful.
In fact, there's some headcanon for you: Prometheans created those terms.

>>48668267
The only time it's remotely a problem is Phosphorus, quit whining.

>>48669456
>Hating things arbitrarily
This is why you don't have a group!
>>
>why does the game about trying to build an identity for yourself borrow nomenclature from the current push for redefining identity

this general is dumb
>>
>>48671447
>>48671515
Clearly the Dark Mother is the primordial darkness, then you've got the Pangaeans. My personal theory is that the Dragons were Pangaean or something. I'm not sure how the Strix fit into things yet, but I bet the Cthonians are the dead reflections of Pangaeans somehow, not quite their ghosts, but more their opposite.

>>48671567
>>48671577
>>48671601
>>48671948
>I get that they didn't want to impose a cultural standard on her, but they least they could have done is pick a less boring name.
Is it any less boring than her other names, like The Crone? Or Luna?
>>
>>48672813
>Oh grow up.
It is not he who needs to grows up.

I really wish from the bottom of my heart that any company no matter that has or panders to a SJW agenda, goes bankrupt.
>>
>>48672691
>>48672733
The Principle and the God-Machine don't really seem to be "siblings" at all. They're machines. I don't really even think of either of them as being sentient in the same way that human beings or even lesser animals are, they're an ant hive.
>>
>>48672903
>I think people with different politics than me should go bankrupt

now who's being childish
>>
>>48672903
"You need to grow up, but I'm the one who thinks everyone who cares about things I don't like should go bankrupt".
Grow up.
Why do you even care, anyway?
You know all those parts that are so "SJW" to you that you find it hard to read? Imagine the entire book was like that, and you were given the distinct impression that it not only wasn't written for you, but didn't want you. That's what it's like for other people. So... I'm not really sympathetic to your whining.
>>
>>48672691
>thinking pangaeans aren't universal forces
>>
>>48672903
White Wolf's been this way, always, before you had the buzzword SJW to throw around, anon.

I think Beast's a bad thing, too, but you need to understand that World of Darkness has always been this way. In the '90s it was Captain Planet Woo-Woo Indiands Dindu Nuffin Wrong Gay Homo shit, and today it's this.
>>
>>48672883
>Clearly the Dark Mother is the primordial darkness, then you've got the Pangaeans.
She's the pangaean of fear.
>>
>>48672968
>all of the surviving Pangeans become spirits
>except this one, who is inexplicably an Astral entity

u tried
>>
File: MOST.png (77KB, 554x530px) Image search: [Google]
MOST.png
77KB, 554x530px
>>48672996
>>all of the surviving Pangeans become spirits
Did you start reading then skip through? Or just hear about it from someone else?
>>
>>48672691

>yfw The Principle is the Wyld
>yfw The God-Machine is the Weaver
>yfw The Dark Mother is the Wyrm
>yfw The Triat is alive and well in the CofD
>>
>>48673143

Ammut is the Wyrm if anything, being basically entropy and destruction with a name and personality.
>>
>>48672962
Beast's a bad thing, but not because of pronouns.
>Woo-Woo Indiands Dindu Nuffin Wrong Gay Homo shit
Could you sound more like you're from /pol/?
Besides, you could have pointed to Kindred of the East, and the fact that boiling babies still means you're more enlightened than those dirty Cainites.

>>48673217
Clearly Ammut is the Dark Mother.
>>
Secrets of the Covenants and Hurtlocker when?
>>
>>48672733
I prefer to think of them as all one larger, malfunctioning construct that either doesn't know its warring against itself or is in such disrepair that whatever it was supposed to do is hopelessly corrupted.
>>
>>48673375
>Clearly Ammut is the Dark Mother.

I wanted to contest this, but there are some similarities between Horrors devouring the soul of a Beast and Ammut herself eating everything save for one Pillar of her Shuankhsen.
>>
So near as I can tell(Read:correct me), in Promethean 2nd edition to shift refinements all you got to do is;

In basic 5 refinements, just want to do that shit. It comes naturally. Follow people around, fuck off to the woods and be mysterious and shit, get riped etc.

In hard 5, you got to find a teacher, a book or a Anathor to teach you this shit the first time you go to this shit. After that you can go back when ever.

To change refinements, you got to learn a role and get the milestone. Then you can change refinements/role without stepping backward.

If stepping backward is fine, that man has a very large ax, you can shift refinements when ever you want by following the tenets of said Refinements. The actual shift happens when ever its appropriate. Falling to Stannum is as easy as falling to Torment(which can be handy as there is a power to have someone else be the scapegoat of all your Disquiet fuckery).

Did I get everything?
>>
So has anyone seen the Storypath Preview yet?
>>
>>48671993
Should have been Dark Zir

The name hurts the feelings of mentally deranged genderfluid non-binary duck-transformer individual-hive mind "people".
>>
File: Ber_a11_def2.png (156KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
Ber_a11_def2.png
156KB, 500x431px
Stat the Witch of Miracles.
>>
>>48673500
(You)
>>
>>48673500
True, mother has offensively feminine connotations. It should be the Dark Parent Figure.
>>
>>48673509
plot device
>>
>>48673509

Crying Battler •••••
>>
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/944937-dark-eras-panel?p=945322#post945322

Hooray!
>>
>>48672511
By the same token, God is a very generic name for God. Technically true, but something that called dibs on a generic noun is something to reckon with.
>>
>>48672733
I like to think Aether is Pyros. The God-Machine either can't or doesn't use it since it's a force of change. It has to extract it from Essence and store it somewhere it won't cause trouble. Had it been true, it would have caused an interesting interplay between Prometheans, Demons and the Machine, Cryptids, and Pandorans and would make Alchemists able to power Gadgets.
>>
So am i missing something or does demon not have the 'this is what all these chapters are about' section in its intro
>>
>>48673948

You'd be right.
>>
>>48673787

The Dark Eras Companion, the Crossover Chronicle, and Dark Eras 2 are probably the only new Mummy content we'll see until, like 2019.

But it doesn't hurt that Dark Eras is probably the most fun book Onyx Path has ever done. Fingers crossed that I can write for it!
>>
>>48673941

Aether is just what gets left over when you use up Essence. Pyros is specifically a force for change and transformation while Aether seems to have few properties of its own.

Qashmallim and Angels being on different Twilights makes them seem especially unrelated.
>>
>>48674103
>Aether seems to have few properties of its own.
That would put a damper on my take, yes. Cryptid generation not withstanding, it's definitely not as transformative.
>Qashmallim and Angels being on different Twilights makes them seem especially unrelated.
That doesn't negate my take, however. The Machine would definitely not run its servitors on mutagenic fuel. That's why it would take a Fall to make them able to use it.
>>
>>48674103
And yet for a 'waste product' of Essence it has some pretty incredible energetic porperties. The whole 'can power mundane machinery and mechanics near-indefinitely' is pretty fucking fantastic on its own, and that's just the freaking side effect of Unchained Stockpiling that shit.
>>
>>48674311
Cont.
The whole deal with Aether is interesting. Demons use it as fuel, but the Machine doesn't. Why wouldn't it use such an available resource raises questions. Demons lose their Machine-given ability to use Essence, but gain access to Aether. I assumed that whatever the deal with Aether is, the Angels would have little to do with it. The need to use Cryptids as bloodhounds.
>>
>>48674311
>>48674435
I wrote these two.
>>48674377
Is someone else.
>>
>>48674435
Aether is what Essence transforms into after being used by the God-Machine. Or rather, it is a byproduct of the God-Machine's Essence-fueled processes. It's fumes in the exhaust pipe. Demon's consist of an alternative mechanism which uses it for fuel. To the Angels, it's a useless side effect.
>>
>>48674534
That's my point. It can be used as fuel. If the Machine used it, not only would it get more efficient, it would starve Demons of power. Why doesn't it? It's a mystery. An interesting mystery.
>>
>>48672564
>, and why all of them are so focused on the Law.

Because someone has to think of the children.
>>
>>48673375
>Could you sound more like you're from /pol/?

Probably not; that's the limit of things I've learned from /pol/.
>>
>>48674630
It's not fuel. It's the manifestation of entropy. The God-Machine doesn't want anything to do with it.
>>
>>48672691
What is the Principle? I only know random bits of deep lore for this game due to not having read all the books of all the lines.
>>
>>48672883
>Clearly the Dark Mother is the primordial darkness,

Which would make her Ammut, since Ammut unveils itself to the first gods in Iremite myth with a PLOT TWIST grade 'I am everything that is not and always have been here' kind of thing. She is the open maw waiting to crash down on the world
>>
>>48674665
Alright, how many of us are here and who is trying to prove what?

My claim: The Machine and Aether don't mix, and that's interesting.
My other claim: A headcannon that Aether=Pyros allows for weird fun stuff.
>>
>>48673416
>but there are some similarities between Horrors devouring the soul of a Beast
Is that the beast's Bad End when they bottom out on their morality-powerstat track? I thought their Horror was their soul.
>>
>>48674753

The Horror eats and replaces a human's normal soul.
>>
>>48674675
The Principle is a mysterious force of nature permeating everything.
It seems to embody change - both creative and destructive aspects.
It manifests as Quashmalim, which are like Machine Angels, only Angel-ier.
They interact with Prometheans disproportionately often.
>>
>>48674435
>Demons use it as fuel, but the Machine doesn't. Why wouldn't it use such an available resource raises questions.
It's poop.
It's angel poop.
It's the waste product of Infrastructure or Angels using Essence.
Angels can't digest poop.

>>48674735
I have no idea how or why Aether would be Pyros. They're clearly two different things.
>>
>>48674808
>They interact with Prometheans disproportionately often

Prove they don;t interact with everyone else as much

OH WAIT

you can't

For all you know, everyone you know is/was a qashmal
>>
>>48674753
He meant that the Horror eats the soul of a proto-Beast as they become an actual Beast. Bottoming out Satiety is not a Bad End, but it's still pretty bad. Bad Ends are either dying, or two forms of suicide where your humane part is destroyed.
>>
>>48674753
No, it's the Beastbrace. During your Devouring, the Horror eats your soul and replaces it.

There's self-Devouring, where you had a Horror all along and it awakens, and there's also talk of other Beasts being able to Devour you, but I have no idea how that works, since I'm assuming they don't lose their Horror and pass it on. I only skim Beast. It's not bad, but there's no point. Both to the book and me reading it.

>>48674808
The Principle is Flux
The God-machine is Stasis
>>
File: Keanu.jpg (41KB, 550x530px) Image search: [Google]
Keanu.jpg
41KB, 550x530px
>>48674838
>>
>>48674675
I haven't entirely grokked Promethean's lore, but I know the Principle is basically an Abrahamic god. It has angels, called Qashmallim, that are composed of scintillating flame, and look like burning wheels, multiple wings, animal heads, etc, and had a power in 1e for merging people into hermaphroditic chimeras
>>
>>48674818
Are you actually baffled by my statements, or are you toying with me?
>>
>>48674807
>>48674850
So if by becoming a beast your human soul is eaten and replaced by a Horror do you really count as you so much as whatever kind of entity the Horror counts as (spirit I guess?) replacing you so hard it thinks it is you?

>>48674838
Qashmal spotted. Get off the internet angel-thing.
>>
>>48674961

It's a goetia, not a spirit. Basically the Horror is a thought-form with no real way to touch reality, so it burrows inside your chest and works with you to feed it and grow.
>>
>>48674887
>The Principle is Flux
>The God-machine is Stasis
What is Elpis?
>>
>>48674675

The Principle is a vagely defined force in Promethean that seems to be an agent of change with an interest in helping the Created become real. It may or may not be and the same with Pyros, the Divine Fire that acts as a proxy soul for Prometheans and fuels their powers, and it sends forth angels called Qashmallim to do its will and help the Created achieve their purpose.
>>
Any news about Hunter 2e? The last open dev was months ago.
>>
>>48675003

Elpis and Flux are both the Divine Fire, just in creative or destructive aspects, respectively.

>>48675030

They just closed submissions for writers not too long ago, and are probably reviewing those before going forward. Pray for me to get in.
>>
>>48675046
I asked that question to that poster to see how they follow up. I already knew that but thank you.
>>
>>48675046
Really? I must have missed it. Oh well, it's not like I had good ideas. What's your blurb about?
>>
>>48675000
So an independent thought-form kills and eats you and replaces your soul and thus essentially what makes you an individual and assumes your identity through memory so that it thinks it is you? Sounds pretty dark.
>>
>>48675120
It's possible. You might have been a human and that thought-form all along, only split. Or not. It's vague.
>>
>>48675046
Is a prayer to Saint Jude acceptable, or are you more hopeful than that?
>>
>>48674961
>(spirit I guess?)
Goetia. As the mage puts it in the Beast/Changing Breeds/Mage crossover story, a Beast is just a Goetia Claimed. It's an overly simplistic way of putting it (like the Storm Lords calling Sin-eaters "Claimed by the Dead), but it's more or less accurate.

>>48675046
>Pray for me to get in.
I worry that you posting it on the forums disqualifies you.

>>48675105
>What's your blurb about?
Not Jakki, but mine was about the Final Girl trope. Bunch of people who survived a Slasher attack working together to stop Slashers from killing people. Ostensibly they're a support group, but they work through their issues the same way Batman does.
There's also the implication that they're a few Integrity drops from being Slashers themselves, and their Status gives a choice of chase merits or that one that keeps you from losing Integrity when seeing crime scenes, Mind of a Madman, and the capstone is "work with the ST to choose a Dread Power".
I also gave them an Advanced Small Unit Tactics that lets them Risk Willpower for a group, and a C&C style Endowment where they can use the Investigation system to learn about a monster's traits and then use that knowledge to "Follow the Rules" Scream style.
>>
>>48675212

I thought it was Catholics who got burned like that, not the other way around.
>>
>>48675476

>I worry that you posting it on the forums disqualifies you.

ArcaneArts posted on the forums for years and just started doing freelance work. No one gives a shit about who you are on the forums as long as you write good and get it in on time.
>>
>>48675502
No, I meant "posted the thing he was going to submit on the forums first".

I've kept mine super secret and only even linked it for peer review by friends in PMs on my chat channels. I *think* I remember Ian saying I shouldn't put it on a blog or post it here, though that would have been like two or three years ago now.
>>
>>48675584

I did edit it a fair bit from what went up on the forums, but do you think it's that big of an issue?
>>
>>48675680
Dunno. I just worry. Nothing explicitly says it's "against the rules" though
>>
>>48675890

Even if it were a problem, just wait a few months and submit something else. It's not a huge deal.
>>
>>48675959

I submitted in late April and haven't heard back yet, do you think I should keep waiting or fire something else off?
>>
>>48675476
Wait, Changing Breeds? That's W20.
>>
>>48675999
No, because you said you were submitting it for Hunter and she hasn't looked at the Hunter stuff. Hell, she's at GenCon right now (or coming back from it, I guess). She said she'd be reviewing them by September.
Also, if you sent it recently it would still be on file. You should at least wait six months before sending another sample.

>>48676191
It had a 1e release. It's generally considered pretty shit, both mechanically and thematically, since it brings in a lot of the oWoD Captain Planet bullshit. The mechanics try to create a handful of one-size-fits-all form templates for shapeshifters, and it generally feels like any one of the rushed, unplaytested, terrible, Merit driven 1e minor templates. Some people will tell you that it's bad because one of the merits lets you buy a three dot Rote from Mage at the cost of some of your potential power stat. That is bad, but it's bad not because "they get Awakened Magic!" and more because it's shitty and lazy to say "here, buy this other book if you want to use this power".
>>
File: 54754736723.jpg (9KB, 173x160px) Image search: [Google]
54754736723.jpg
9KB, 173x160px
Fuck guys

I am, like, so fucking confused

What...man, the last time I was around, Blood and Smoke/ VtR 2.0 was a thing. Now there is this Chronicles of Darkness doohickie? What is going down?
What's this I hear about custom morality paths?
What's a Paladin?
>>
>>48677665

new thread
>>
>>48677517
>What...man, the last time I was around, Blood and Smoke/ VtR 2.0 was a thing. Now there is this Chronicles of Darkness doohickie? What is going down?
nWoD 2e. Renamed to reduce mix-up with oWoD.

>What's this I hear about custom morality paths?
I dunno. What is this you hear? I want to hear it too.

>What's a Paladin?
No idea. What's a Paladin?
>>
>>48677517
>>48677776
Paladin is a fan splat people forgot about months ago. Literally no one brought it up in this thread.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.