[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vampire Lord With A Twist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: CurseofStrahd-artwork.jpg (112KB, 660x423px) Image search: [Google]
CurseofStrahd-artwork.jpg
112KB, 660x423px
Hey /tg/ i come to you once again in need of some other brains.

Im going to be running a game with, you guessed it, a Vampire Big Bad, he's going to be a bit like Strahd in the sense that he will mock and greet the players throughout the game.

However when it comes to his powers (and maybe his personality) he's just your regular old Dracula/Strahd/Sorin vampire lord.

So i ask you /tg/ what would you think would be a nice change of pace on the evil vampire, does he actually use light magic? does he light himself on fire to transform into a demon? go wild!
>>
ill be back in about 4 hours to answer any questions

> Inb4 whats the system
lets pretend its D&D so you guys can use or steal whatever you want, because home-brews exist, and D&D is easy to translate. focusing more on the powers in general sense, and working out mechanics after
>>
A wealthy lord who has used his money to arm hordes of troops. Personality wise he seeks challenge and wants to conquer the world to see if he can. Maybe make him something between a Battle master fighter, he can use combat maneuvers, and a Oath breaker paladin.
>>
>>48651999
He is actually grooming the party to become part of his family.
Maybe he disguises as various people giving quests to a party or he actually was a person that send them on a quest to begin with.
Maybe have him trick them near the end into becoming vampires?
Maybe he is leaving this plane and is in search of heir?
>>
>>48651999
He sparkles in sunlight.

Maybe the horrible things he does are to secretly enrich his mortal descendants who have no idea that he exists or that their good fortune/the terrible events that happen to those that inconvenience them are more than just luck.
>>
>>48651999

You're over constraining the problem. You want Strand, but for it not to be a cliche. You can't really have both.

Try taking another archetype, maybe even not a villain, and make it a vampire. Especially if it's a former adventurer like the PCs.

Examples:

Take the typical man-whore Bacchanalian bard. Now as a vampire he's killing tavern wenches. Or worse, turning them into vampires who then ravage their former communities. He has no master plan, he is just a cool guy with no conscience and no sense of the implications of what he's doing.
>>
File: MyStepdadsAFreakinVampire.jpg (192KB, 1137x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MyStepdadsAFreakinVampire.jpg
192KB, 1137x1600px
>>48652202
>sends them congratulatory letters when they beat his minions that often includes "spending money"
>leaves hints so they can try and thwart his next plan ahead of schedule and boost their confidence
>actively finds and exploits their weaknesses half-assedely so they can try and overcome them
>if they don't have a healer he will send get well cards
>remembers their birthdays and "loot" found is generally helpful and gift wrapped on that day
>the final boss fight is him just waiting on a grassy moonlit hill with gloves, bats, and baseballs
has another orphanage on his list in case this party doesn't pan out

Vampire Dad is best Dad. Also the thought of the PC's finding that Dracu-Hitler is the father they never had is gold.
>>
>>48652661

So, mayor Wilkinson mixed with Alexei Volkoff?
>>
>>48651999
>So i ask you /tg/ what would you think would be a nice change of pace on the evil vampire, does he actually use light magic? does he light himself on fire to transform into a demon? go wild!
I DMed a one-on-one game with my wife. She likes vampire and supernatural stories like True Blood (no twilight though). So it was intended to be a twist and a deconstruction.

The main girl's family was killed by vampires, but then the "good vampire" came in and saved her, killing all the vampires that slaughtered her family. He took her in to his big empty castle and raised her, but never turned her. So she fell in love with him and would let him feed from her neck. Yada yada. Long story short, he was the one who killed her family. He is millenia old and has lived through so many years that he plays games like this with mortals just so that he has some drama in his life. He absolutely refused to turn her because he didn't want her to have the power to retaliate against him if she ever found out the truth.
>>
>>48652625
You right, i really only need this person to

- Be a Vampire
- Be capable of leading an army
- Not kill the players (yet)

Its just Strahd/Dracula are the first things that come to mind when you think up a BBEG in a gothic setting
>>
What about psychic powers.

i know most vampires have like mind control but what about Telekinesis, grapple a player and pull him to you

Start there, I'm sure theres more that can be done
>>
>>48652202
>>48652373
>>48652739
I don't think these are what OP is looking for

>>48651999
>>48652173
OP maybe you can extend on this idea, your vampire has paladin powers, he never fell from grace because he still smites evil and never harms innocents
>>
>>48655056
Not to say they aren't interesting, I just don't think they fit in this thread
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.