[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Spend weeks writing up a PF campaign tailored specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 190512-186784-idunno.jpg (25KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
190512-186784-idunno.jpg
25KB, 620x406px
> Spend weeks writing up a PF campaign tailored specifically to friend's tastes
> Spend days making sure everyone has their sheets in order and are ready to go
> Spend hours waiting for them to show up only to get a text saying that they don't want to play PF anymore, and all sat at home playing Overwatch instead.

Seriously, what is someone supposed to do in a situation like this?

Also, DM horror stories.
>>
>>48649350

>Seriously, what is someone supposed to do in a situation like this?

Learn that you never, ever, ever tailor games to a player's tastes.

Also, online games.
>>
File: 1451337371663.png (271KB, 319x369px) Image search: [Google]
1451337371663.png
271KB, 319x369px
>>48649350
>and all sat at home playing Overwatch instead
My friends have done NOTHING but play this stupid fucking game since it launched.
They're trying to get into it competitively now or some bullshit. We haven't had a session since it launched, they're too 'busy'.
I didn't even think it was that bad, until it left beta and subsequently started eating my group's time and money. Why the hell would you ever buy a loot crate?
>>
>>48649350
This is one of my fears
>>
>>48649350
Realize that no amount of personalization, adventurecrafting, or any other aspect of TTRPGs will hold a candle to a normie's love of vidya with TITE GRAFIXXX and competitive slant.
>>
File: 1469572479766.jpg (25KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469572479766.jpg
25KB, 398x500px
>>48649350
Same thing happened with my group, but it was with Dark Souls instead. I eventually got everyone back to gaming, but it took at least 3 months to get them to start coming back to sessions. I'd honestly just waited it out doing other shit until we all decided to tabletop again.
Admittedly, if your group happens to play video games (as most tend to), popular new games will pull them from tabletop from time to time. Best thing to do is to go with the flow and join them until everyone decides naturally to come back to sessions. If you don't happen to like the game they're all playing, do something else and keep the campaign ideas on the backburner for a while.
If it really bothers you that much, confront your group on how you feel about them just ditching you like that. If these are people you've known for a good while, they'll most likely be at least mildly reasonable.
>>
File: image_10.jpg (31KB, 457x459px) Image search: [Google]
image_10.jpg
31KB, 457x459px
Here's an option
>>
Overwath is new assfagots so it's not going anywhere any time soon. Find a new group that has better taste than your friends.
>>
>have group of friends since elementary school
>start tabletop in highschool, have some fun with it
>pass around the responsibility of DM, if someone has an idea or ruleset they'd like to try out, everyone goes along for a session or two at least
>shit like CoC with no rulebooks, or a Superhero homebrew I came up with
>good fun
>I mention that I found a ruleset I really like, and am making a campaign influenced by Silent Hill/Pathologic (fear itself is the game if anyone wanted to try it)
>really simple to learn, which I figured was good since our group rarely reads manuals anyway aside from me and one other guy
>recommend it to the CoC guy since his campaign was getting a little confusing and a little arbitrary since we just kind of roll dice and he decides what happens seemingly at random, and he had just soft rebooted his campaign anyway by railroading all of our characters to their deaths
>he doesn't care
>pour a lot of myself into my campaign since I'm trying to get back into creative endeavors because I get really depressed sometimes and it helps me feel better
>talking online with group one night about how I'm almost done with enough of it to test it out with the group
>CoC guy starts telling me how stupid the rules sound
>I ask him if he's read the rules
>he hasn't, just keeps telling me how dumb certain aspects are
>I me and one other guy point out his mistakes, since he's incorrectly stating how the rules work and then saying that they're bad
>this continues for a couple of hours
>I get tired of arguing and shift the conversation to another friend's campaign
>CoC guy goes quiet
>logs off without saying goodbye
>later I log off
>haven't worked on project since because I feel like everyone will hate it
>>
>>48651549
>>haven't worked on project since because I feel like everyone will hate it
Shitters gonna shit, haters gonna hate.
Don't that guy being a tool get you down.
He obviously does not represent your group.
Also, lurk /tg/ more and you'll see there's a definite cut off point when arguing with an idiot.
If someone is irritated with how everyone thinks bananas are vegetables instead of fruit, you do not engage the stupid, you move to work around the stupid.
Likewise, if he hates how the rules work in a way they don't and he made up, ignore him and move on as best you can.
"We'll just try a session and see how it works in play" would be good.
>>
>>48652330
>Don't let that guy being a tool get you down.
>>
>>48649350
>Spend weeks writing up a... campaign
Here's where you fucked up. Get better at improvising.
>>
>>48649350
Run it for another set of players. Problem solved.
>>
>>48649458
Good luck with going pro in that shit game. Pretty much all it's game mechanics impose a skill ceiling or otherwise cater to the casual masses. Also it's horrible as a spectator sport, because it's an unintersting clusterfuck to watch. Even those among my friends who are stupid enaugh to like that piece of shit agree with me on the last point.

It's literally just Team Fortress with Waifus. It's babies first shooter, completely tuned to the unwashed casual masses, which would not be a bad thing in and of itself, were it not for the fact that the game has a bafflingly low skill ceiling. It's going to go nowhere as an e-sport for all those reasons. I can literally take pro-CoD players more seriously because while the new iterations suck, they at least still require skillfull play.

In short, EVERYTHING about the game triggers me, it's the first time in my life I legitimatly hated hate something for how pleb-y it is. How can anyone compare it with CS, DOTA, LoL, SC1/2 and think "yep, that's a good game" jesus
>>
>>48649350
>they don't want to play PF anymore, and all sat at home playing Overwatch instead.

Honestly, it's the logical choice.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.