[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic the Gathering: Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 42

File: pod.jpg (90KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
pod.jpg
90KB, 312x445px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

>Have ENM cards found a home in your deck?

Eldritch Moon card image gallery:
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eldritch-moon

The overall and paper Modern Metagame

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Modern deck primers link:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Tiers are usage-based. A Tier 2 deck may be better than a Tier 1 deck in a specific Metagame.

(Image will be from last thread)
>>
File: Modern metagame.png (105KB, 1218x760px) Image search: [Google]
Modern metagame.png
105KB, 1218x760px
>>48645192
Also just getting this out of the way, No pod should not be unbanned. It is too powerful and consistent. It will only get stronger as better creatures are printed.
New, one time use, tutors are a far more reasonable for of tutor. Like eldritch evolution, chord of calling, or collected company
>>
>>48645192
pod was the most fun deck in modern
cant believe its gone
RIP
>>
>>48645192
Pod did nuffin wrong
>>
>>48645223

What's Suicide Zoo, exactly?
>>
>>48645471
mutagenic growth, probe, become immense, deaths shadow
>>
>>48645471
Causing damage to yourself in terms of Phrexian mana normally, to activate Deaths Shadow, for a cheap boomstick.
>>
>>48645471
It's pay 100+ dollarydoos for mishra's baubles, realize you are dumb and modern is a shit format
>>
>>48645525
And here i am having a full playset cause i bought them for manaless dredge years ago
>>
>>48645608
Sell em quick and replace them with Urza's Bauble, basically same effect but on like a 50c card
>>
>>48645608

Man I remember playing pod in standard when they shortly after announced modern, but I was kind of leaving magic at the time

was melira pod the shit or was it just an early archetype?
>>
>>48645635
>Modern is a constructed format and therefore adheres to the following constructed rules:

Minimum of sixty cards
No maximum deck size, as long as you can shuffle your deck unassisted
Up to fifteen cards in your sideboard, if used
With the exception of basic lands (Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest), your combined deck and sideboard may not contain more than four of any individual card, counted by its English card title equivalent.

Note: The five snow-covered lands from the Ice Age block—Snow-Covered Plains, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Swamp, Snow-Covered Mountain, and Snow-Covered Forest—are also basic lands. Snow-covered lands are only permitted in formats that allow expansions from the Ice Age block.

The following card sets are permitted in Modern tournaments:

Eldritch MoonShadows over InnistradOath of the GatewatchBattle for ZendikarMagic OriginsDragons of TarkirFate ReforgedKhans of TarkirMagic 2015Journey into NyxBorn of the GodsTherosMagic 2014Dragon's MazeGatecrashReturn to RavnicaMagic 2013Avacyn RestoredDark AscensionInnistradMagic 2012New PhyrexiaMirrodin BesiegedScars of MirrodinMagic 2011Rise of the EldraziWorldwakeZendikarMagic 2010 Alara Reborn Conflux Shards of Alara Eventide Shadowmoor MorningtideLorwyn Tenth EditionFuture SightPlanar ChaosTime SpiralColdsnapDissensionGuildpactRavnica: City of GuildsNinth EditionSaviors of KamigawaEighth EditionBetrayers of KamigawaChampions of KamigawaFifth DawnDarksteel Mirrodin
>>
File: rjlfso.jpg (71KB, 620x327px) Image search: [Google]
rjlfso.jpg
71KB, 620x327px
Recently finished my soul sisters deck. All I'm missing is 2x Auriok Champion which I have to wait on cuz money. Also, haven't decided what to buy first, 2x Auriok Champion or Flagstones, or should I just leave as is? what do you think?

If I were to get the champions I would just swap out a souls attendant and a soul warden for both champions. For Flagstones just replace some plains

Anyway so far it hasn't been beat in my social circle and I haven't tried it out in a tournament at a local game store (I'm too shy to just walk up to people and play) but I think it'll do good.

pls rate

Soul Sisters

Creatures:
2x Archangel of Thune
1x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4x Soul Warden
4x Souls Attendant
1x Martyr of Sands
3x Ranger of Eos
4x Ajani's Pridemate
3x Serra Ascendant

Instants:
4x Path to Exile
1x Secure the Wastes
3x Brave the Elements
2x Sundering Growth

Sorceries:
4x Spectral Procession

Enchantments:
2x Honor of the Pure
1x Rest in Peace

Land:
4x Windbrisk Heights
1x Ghost Quarter
16x Plains

Sideboard:
I have none, but I heard Stony Silence and suppression field are good
>>
>>48645635
Fuck got those too. They are both shit cards that do nothing. Any deck that runs them in modern that isnt storm, is down card slots. But people will still play. Lord knows why though
>>
>>48645697
Manaless dredge is a common legacy deck which has no such restrictions, unless I am mistaken when the person I was replying to said "I bought them for mana less dredge years ago" it seems likely that is to what he was refering you fuck
>>
>>48645697
Wut?
>>
>>48645715

What do you think of lone rider? Been thinking about getting into modern with SS and honestly was thinking about using these.
>>
>>48645846
a two mana 1/1 that requires set-up to make an impact isn't that good in modernd
>>
>>48645886

A lot of the time it wont require set up and will just be a 4/4 first strike lifelink trample on your opponents turn. Im the innexperienced one here so you are probably correct, but I just dont see it as a huge investment or anything.
>>
>>48645846
i agree with the anon that gave you the reply, it could slow down your deck

I haven't seen much of EM or any of the newer sets..

Have you tried cracking into modern with a budget deck like mono red burn?
>>
>>48645942

Its mostly to get out of the house and play at my LGS haha, they have a lot of modern players.

If anything I want to play a delver variant but I know they are not super powerful, and I would have to slowly purchase snapcasters over time haha.
>>
>>48645929
How does it not require set up? You have to gain 3 life
>>
>>48645991
jesus man, i can feel your autism from over here
>>
>>48645991
I had to slowly build this one too, the availability of rangers and serra ascendants is pretty scarce, not to mention their price haha

but it's a fun and competitive deck.
>>
For a moment, let's assume that when Kaladesh gets released, WotC unbans Stoneforge Mystic.

What decks does she get put into? Any new brews that come out from her being legal?
>>
>>48645725
People are buying into "grow the Tarmogoyf" in decks that run 1 Tarmogoyf.
>>
>>48646156
makes mardu not entirely shit. makes junk dope. probably dnt and bw tokens.
>>
Fuck Jund.
>>
>>48646239
or you can run a card that actually does something.
>>
File: image.gif (996KB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
996KB, 255x164px
Reposting from last thread.

Alright boys and girls, going to make a zooicide list but I'm forgoing the baubles, for two reasons:
1) price spike, they were reasonable but now they're unreasonably priced
2) 80% of the deck is sorc speed which means drawing a card on their turn could give you a creature/spell/bauble you don't want

The upside is free delve fodder and +1 swiftspear points, the downside is that you might get btfo by your own topdeck bauble.

Most lists run 2 Bolt, so adding 2 more would be easy. I've got Manamorphose but that seems super shitty as it's 2 mana, but I could test with one and see how it works out.

Basically, Baubleless Zooicide, give me your thoughts.
>>
>>48645743
>dredge
>common

not anymore, too much geaveyard hate
>>
>>48646447
dredge is a common legacy deck, but manaless not so much
>>
>>48645929
The real problem is that it's a 4/4 that actually dies to Lightning Bolt. The deck can consistently flip it, but not before the time where it's a 1/1 is relevant.

>>48646014
In Soul Sisters, he said.
>>
>>48646485
its not like one has better chances than the other with all the shit happening in legacy decks graveyards.
>>
>>48645942
There are quite a few thibgs in this newer sets, from this block only we have:

>New Thalia
>New Avacyn
>Declaration in Stone (AKA: Sorcery-Speed Megapath to Exile)
>Thalia's Lieutenant
>Rattlechains
>Thing in the Ice
>Asylum Visitor
>Diregraf Colossus
>Relentless Dead
>Falkenrath Gorger
>Sin Prodder
>Cryptolith Rite
>Duskwatch Recruiter
>Seasons Past
>Traverse the Ulvenwald
>Sorin
>Nahiri
>Olivia
>Prized Amalgam
>Planeswalker CoCo
>Sigarda's Aid
>Gisela, Bruna & Brisela
>Collective Effort, Brutality & Defiance
>Selfless Spirit
>Lone Rider
>Mausoleum Wanderer
>Niblis of Frost
>Wharf Infiltrator
>Docent of Perfection
>Wish for Spaghetti Monster
>Curious Homunculus
>Unsubstantiate
>Liliana, The Last Hope for a LOTV Reprint
>Tree of Perdition
>Cryptbreaker
>Oath of Cream-Filled
>Voldaren Pariah
>Hymn to Emrakul
>Bedlam Reveler
>Hanweir the land, Hanweir the creature & Hanweir the kick-ass Volthros Legend (Honorable mention goes to the Gitgud Monster)
>Red Donate
>Shreds of Sanity
>Splendid Reclamation
>Permeating Mass
>Eldritch Evolution
>Gnarlwood Dryad
>Floprakul
>The Craterhog Behemoth, also known as Baconator of Counties, also known as Mandatory-Green-Fatty-of-the-set
>Distended Mindbender
>Elderly Best-Friend
>Eternal Scourge
>Tamiyo and the Colorpie Controversy
>Grim Flayer, Sensei's Pet Tarmogoyf
>Gisa and Geralf
>Spell Quell-Yourself
>Volthros' Pirate Looting Mikoro
>Nephalia Academy Always end with a strong one.

This block is full of pretty awesome, fun cards and even some potentially game-changing stuff. We'll have to see just how much of an impact all these end up having in the different formats, but its safe to say that, all things considered, this is a pretty awesome block.
>>
>>48646819
Kys
>>
File: Mishra's Bauble.xlhq.jpg (477KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Mishra's Bauble.xlhq.jpg
477KB, 745x1040px
>>48646378

Zooicide player here, Baubles are one of the best cards in the deck.
Looking at the top card of your library before using a Gitaxian Probe/Street Wraith draw allows you to fetch first if you don't like the card.
More information about your combo aggro plan is always key.
It also easily fuels your Delve cards and Swiftspear prowess triggers.
Enabling Delirium for Gnarlwood Dryad (testing over Steppe Lynx) seems like another useful application.

Here's the primer:
>http://www.mtgmintcard.com/articles/writers/magnus-lantto/deaths-shadow-aggro-guide-part-1
>http://www.mtgmintcard.com/articles/writers/magnus-lantto/deaths-shadow-aggro-guide-part-2

Another read:
>http://www.starcitygames.com/article/32982_What-I-Learned-About-The-Best-Deck-In-Modern-At-GPCharlotte-7th.html

Reading those increased my win percentage drastically.
>>
File: Harvest Overlord.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest Overlord.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Would a card like this see play in modern?
>>
>>48647248
No. >>48647328 him.
>>
DESTROY ME /TG/

4 Nyx-Fleece Ram
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Eidolon of Blossoms
4 Herald of the Pantheon
4 Ethereal Armor
4 Journey to Nowhere
4 Kruphix's Insight
2 Sigil of the Empty Throne
4 Sunpetal Grove
7 Forest
4 Banishing Light
2 Stasis Snare
4 Windswept Heath
7 Plains
2 Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 Ghostly Prison
SB: 2 Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Choke
SB: 2 Seal of Primordium
>>
>>48647473
Looks like ..fun..
>>
>>48646819
The vast majority of these are hot garbage
>>
File: 888888888.png (299KB, 444x304px) Image search: [Google]
888888888.png
299KB, 444x304px
Is Aristocrats possible in modern, /tg/? Help me refine this list. Looking for improvements, secret tech, hope that this isn't a worthless endeavor, etc.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-12-14-modern-aristocrats/
>>
>>48646819
Cringing at your attempts to be funny
>>
>>48647328
If you're too ashamed to even post a card in /ccg/, you might as well delete MSE entirely.
>>
>>48647328
Fuck off.
>>
>>48647292
Thanks. I totally understand bauble's power (in a temur goyf swiftspear deck it also does work) but I refuse to buy a playset.
It gives you a free delve/swiftspear and has cool fetch tech, have you ever whiffed from it though??

It seems like an icing card, like oboro in a merfolk mirror or canopies in boggles, or burnwillows. I'm going to build the deck as I have almost all the cards, but I'm going to build it without those 4 cards as I don't plan to take it to a GP or anything.

So far, my thoughts are to add a land (especially since -4 cantrips it might not be a bad idea) and add a singleton Postmortem Lunge. I was thinking about what cards I could add for the final two slots, either more bolts or something whacky? That's really what I need help with.

Those guides are also a testament to how awesome the deck is, there's so many lines of play, lotta ins lotta outs.
>>
File: mrboneswildride.png (3MB, 1251x1328px) Image search: [Google]
mrboneswildride.png
3MB, 1251x1328px
spoopy scary
>>
>>48649070
2spoopy4me

No dismember? Try it over murder
>>
>>48649070
>no reassembling skeltal
not even a good meme
>>
>>48648471
Zooicide is a deck that only has about twenty cards it actually wants to play. It tries to combo off as consistently as possible, so mishras bauble really is good. The fact that you might topdeck a street wraith seems even worse than bauble, and bauble can help you shuffle it or git probe away with a fetchland.

I never played the deck, so I dont know exactly how necessary it is.
>>
>>48649939
It's a bucket of tiny synergies. All of them are really minute, but they come together to be a good fit.
>>
>>48647292
>Another read:
>>http://www.starcitygames.com/article/32982_What-I-Learned-About-The-Best-Deck-In-Modern-At-GPCharlotte-7th.html
Wow. I mean the deck is strong but the best deck in modern. Get over yourself
>>
>>48645192
first for
fuck izzet charm
>>
>>48645725
You realize that it's not actually necessarily a bad thing, right? Running 52 cards instead of 60 improves consistency quite a lot. Plus fetches. So probably closer to 44~45.
>>
>>48650637
Xth for
>magmaspray is better
just kidding its not fuck all you and your memes >>48650897
>>
>>48645715
>Sideboard:
>I have none
So your deck does absolutely nothing against combo or control as you're playing a grindy midrange deck that's only good when playing against creatures?

This looks like what MaRo wants Modern to be like.
>>
http://deckstats.net/decks/40652/544337-omen-scapeshift?saved=1&lng=en
Where should I improve it?
It's just random junk, isn't it?
>>
>>48647473
Shouldn't ghostly prison be main, as 50%+ of the metagame is agro?
>>
>>48647774
I think Mardu Tokens is a strictly better deck, without having playing either. Aristocrats leave you vulnerable to spot removal. Playing a creature or token spell and sacrificing them to a demon only for me to Path to Exile your demon gives me a free 2-for-1 (not counting the free fetch from Path). A pure tokens deck doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>48649070
Ok first off, we are in meme terrority, and skeletons are a strictly worse Zombies. However, that doesn't mean the deck can't be fun, so let's get into it.

Look up Death Baron.
Never play Auras. You are begging for me to Lightning Bolt your zombie in response, giving me a free 2-for-1.
You have no way of dealing with an Ensnaring Bridge, Ghostly Prison or other cards that make you flat out lose the game. Consider splashing white to gain access to removal and better sideboard cards.
You currently have no way to interact with planeswalkers sans attacking them.

Cut your 4 auras, add 4 Death Baron
Cut 6 Swamps, add 4 Isolated Chapel and 2 Caves of Koilos
Cut 4 Grasp of Darkness, add 4x Anguished Unmaking
Cut Throne of Bone and add 2x Athreos, God of Passage (he resembles a skeleton and looks spooky/10)
There, your deck went from a pile of shit to a tier 50 meme deck
>>
File: 1466554343626.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466554343626.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>48645525

>mishra's baubles
>rfw sold a playset of mishra's baubles a few month ago for pennies whiem compared to the current price
>>
>>48651500
>magmaspray
not
>pillar of flame
>>
>>48651878
>pillar of flame
>>48651500
>magmaspray

>what is tarfire
>>
>>48645223
>Pod will only get stronger as better creatures are printed
You mean just like every other deck in the game? Burn got stronger when Eidolon and Swiftspear were printed.
>>
>Creature (30)
2x Azorius Guildmage
2x Geist of Saint Traft
4x Judge's Familiar
4x Leonin Arbiter
4x Mausoleum Wanderer
2x Selfless Spirit
4x Spirit of the Labyrinth
4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
3x Thought-Knot Seer
>Instant (8)
3x Ojutai's Command
4x Path to Exile
>Land (22)
3x Adarkar Wastes
4x Celestial Colonnade
1x Eiganjo Castle
3x Geier Reach Sanitarium
4x Ghost Quarter
1x Island
2x Plains
4x Seachrome Coast
>>
>>48645223
>It will only get stronger as better creatures are printed.
Its retards like you that make Modern a shit format.

Pod doesn't stifle "better" creatures from being printed, it stifles terribly designed cards like Meme Rhino that cheat CMC heavily and have splashy ETB effects. Pod didnt prevent "better" creatures, it prevented lazy "aggressively but highly costed" ones that do nothing in Modern and fuck up Standard.

You know what does stifle the types of creatures that can be printed? A 4 mana instant speed board tutor that pulls an auto 2-for-1 and cheats a pile of mana.

People bitched about Twin stifling Blue's power, suddenly now Wizards can't print good cards in CoCo colours under 3 CMC at all, because each and every powerful card printed linearly increases the potential power and splashiness of a given Company hit. It doesn't matter how well designed the card is, if it's quality and below 3 CMC, CoCo will jam it in with no questions asked and try to lucksack it or Chord it.

To top it off, it stifles deckbuilding too, because in order to take advantage of the literal best thing you can do in a toolbox deck, you have to load out your entire deck with literally nothing but sub 3cmc creatures, and completely ignore entire aspects of deckbuilding just to compete in the archetype.
>>
>>48651986
I called Company as a stupid card the instant I saw the spoiler.

#makeremovalgreatagain
>>
>>48651841
Ha! Trading mine for a playset of metalworkers.
>>
>>48652295
I hope you got Cities already
>>
>>48652001
I would really like them to print good control cards again

Heavily leaning on fucking Mana Leak as the best counterspell in modern is fucking pathetic
>>
File: 1028312.jpg (79KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1028312.jpg
79KB, 750x709px
>>48651986
>maro hates draw-go
>maro hates red burn
>mfw they just keep terrible midrange cards forever and eventually it overtakes the format because nothing else gets printed
>>
>>48652319
...no, i held off on those.

Also, when the FUCK is crucible gonna be reprinted? Its fucking absurd that a card with almost zero impact in standard hasn't been reprinted when the price tag is that high
>>
>>48652552
Just get them from chinaman.
I'm already considering doing that due to the fucking second hand market being over inflated while wizards do fucking nothing about it.
>>
>>48645471
Almost kill yourself then try to kill turn three. Also play some expensive jewelry, why did it spike so much?
>>
>>48652367
They should reprint counterspell at Mythic with no other good counter in the standard legal sets around it.
No impact on limited, no impact on standard because even if you jam 4 counterspells in every blue deck if there are no other good counters it can hardly be oppressive.
>>
>still needed baubbles for my suicide zoo deck
>look up price today

O..oh.. well.. I guess I'll just play kird ape..
>>
>>48652562
Which chinamen you thinking about?
>>
Has anyone tested eldritch evolution yet? got a prerelease promo one and I'm debating if I should trade it now or wait.
>>
>>48652620
Villa zheng
>>
>>48652629
Thanks anon
>>
>>48652621

Hold on to it.
I've heard talk of a 1-drop, 3-drop, 5-drop get that might just get it into modern.
>>
>>48647751
The GP is right upon us, so we'll see just how good these cards are. Also when Standard rotates these will be some of the strongest cards in the format.

But above all, these are undeniably fun, which is more than it can be said about many past blocks. Not all cards are for Spikes you dunce.

>>48647779
As lobg as I get replies and people discussing the new cards idgaf.
>>
>>48652697
>turn one birds of paradise
>Turn two Evolution into Kitchen Finks
>Turn three Evolution into ????
>PROFIT
>>
>>48652889
Swagtusk? What kilker 5 drop is there? Serra angel
>>
>>48646819
Spell queller will probably be annoying. maybe mono black control with liliana of the veil, the rack and ensnaring bridge will see play again thanks to emrakuls whispers? Emrakul could see play too tho newlamog just seems better. I've found a emerge zombie decklist and changed a few things so it can compete with modern decks to test elder deep fiend and mindbreaker, it's fun so far.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>48652949
>>
>>48652889
BANESLAYER ANGEL.

Fuck, I would love to build g/w eldritch angels but it probably won't work.
>>
>>48651902
No one would want to play against eldrazi pod though, podding matter reshaper into thought knot seer seems too powerful for my liking
>>
>>48645715
Sundering growth and rest in peace are sideboard cards
>>
File: for helvete.jpg (7KB, 125x126px) Image search: [Google]
for helvete.jpg
7KB, 125x126px
>>48652997
>Using Emrakul's power to cheat out the only Angel who could resist Emrakul's influence
Absolutely herecy.
Looks powerful, though.
>>
>>48647774
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-abzan-aristocrats-22357#online

there is this abzan aristocrats that is pretty interesting
>>
>>48652591
Prices are unstable right now and are recovering from that autistic buyout. The prices are stabilizing so keep track of the prices day by day.
>>
>>48653272
Rumour has it that people are refusing to buy Bauble at 45$, looking for other offers, other cards or just another deck entirely.
>>
>>48653321
>45$

It's still like $20 on eBay, who is buying at over $30?
>>
>>48653637
No one, but some are trying to sell them for over 40.
>>
>>48651571
The thing is, you don't sac stuff haphazardly. Greedy saccing is how you get blown the fuck out. You play Butcher and Aristocrat on curve in conjunction with cards that generate bodies without further investment, then only sac when necessary.
>>
>>48653672
>You only sac when necessary
When is that, if not all the time because you're trying to beat me down faster than I execute a combo or lock down control?
>>
>>48653718
For Aristocrat, generally only to save it from removal. For Butcher, it's much more situational. You sac for lifelink if you're behind on life to an aggressive deck and need the cushion. You sac for haste if you really need to close the gap, and you sac for vigilance if you really need the blocker. You also have to keep your opponent's open mana in mind before committing, and be careful with when and what you sac. Main-phasing a token spell into sacrifices is almost always the wrong way to play.
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
8612984_f260.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>48652585
And see all the boys crying because their 7cmc creature was countered by a 2 cmc spell? asking us why would we print such a broken and unfair card? Not while i'm alive
>>
>>48653210
Sigarda is a good tutor vs Jund. The only way they have to remove her is damnation, which is like a 1-2 post board, and often 0 before.
>>
>>48653272
>autistic buyout
I don't think you know what this word means
>>
>>48653984
>Even after MaRo retires, R&D policy will remain Good Creatures: The Game

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
>>
>>48654221

They exactly means what he meant. Autists playing autistic stock market: the card game.
>>
>>48654289
You have two other formats with better spells already availabile if you truly want to play spellslinger warfare
>>
>>48653225
-4 Thallid
-4 Company
-4 Rally

+4 Return to the Ranks
+4 Abzan Ascendancy
+4 Young Wolf

You're welcome.
>>
>>48654840
Why young wolf over thallid? I feel like thallid would be better since it can be rallied/returned while its token is on the battlefield

Would 2 company + 2 ascendancy work?
>>
>>48655218
Thallid leaves behind a 1/1 when it dies, Young Wolf leaves behind a 2/2. And bringing it back isn't really that big of a deal. It's better to have the bigger threat. And sure a 2-2 split would work, it just depends where you want to go with it. I prefer Ascendancy because I like the combo route the deck can take. I brewed this deck a while ago, and it functioned very similarly to how Storm worked.
>>
>>48654546
You mean the two other formats that WotC desperately wants to leave in the past and provide the bare minimum of support for while the price-for-entry grows to astronomical amounts?

Why the fuck does an MTGO Legacy or Vintage deck cost fucking 300+ dollars. I'm not even going to talk about paper.

Wizards wants to kill off Eternal formats and transform Modern+Standard into turning creatures sideways and sometimes casting a spell.
>>
>>48655259
Any thoughts on the Mardu list I posted?
>>
>>48655957
I've tried it before, it's not great.
>>
>>48655924
So you guys bitch because wotc meddles in modern too much but apparently they don't fuck with the older formats enough.

You just sound like you're complaining for the sake of complaining. I'll agree it's expensive but that sounds like more of a personal issue
>>
>>48656070
WotC's meddling with Modern consists of banning cards that don't need banning, and leaving harmless cards on the banlist. THAT is what people don't want. No one wants WotC to do that to older formats; people just want to be able to play the game without needing to remortgage.
>>
>>48656070
They meddle where they really shouldn't and don't meddle where they really need to
>>
>>48647774
isn't there some infinite combo you can do with aristocrats?
>>
hey lads I mostly play sealed/draft but was wondering if now is a good time to sell the new Emmy considering it rose to like 30$
>>
>>48655979
I was hoping for a bit more specificity, anon. I put the list together myself and I want to tighten it up.
>>
>>48656295
Yes. She's outclassed by Newlamog and Aeons Torn.
>>
>>48656348
I brewed up Mardu aristocrats on a whim a while back, but after a while started noticing a pattern in that sacrificing my board state into Butcher of the Horde kept getting me blown out. My list slowed transformed into generic Mardu midrange, and it feels way better to play than my attempt at Aristocrats ever did. It's kinda funny how getting hold of a cheap set of Young Pyros and Butchers is what kickstarted me making this deck, and now they're all cut.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-08-16-GRO-mardu/

Here's what I'm not playing, for reference.

In your list some problems I'm seeing are:
1) On the curve, Hangarback Walker will die as a 1/1 and do nothing for you that cheaper creatures like Doomed Traveler don't do better since they're cheaper
2) Brimaz honestly isn't that good. He's basically a 3 mana 4 power creature. There's also a nonbo going on with him and Butcher since you need the token to sac to get haste, but you don't get the token until attackers have been declared
3) I get that you want to top your curve at 4, but damn son 8 of the fuckers? Putting all of your eggs into that one basket just won't go well. I like the Lord of Innistrad in your maybeboard as a replacement curve topper though. I run one of him in my own mainboard and honestly he's just a humongous game winning house whenever I play him
4) Mogg War Marshal is just weak. Rabblemaster is neither here nor there though. He's probably a little slow if anything
5) You want to rush to 4 land, but the average number of land drawn on the play by turn 4 with 23 land in your deck is like 3.75
>>
>>48656563
>Here's what I'm not playing, for reference
Here's what I'm playing, for reference*

Heh.
>>
>>48656295
It has no place in the non-rotating formats. Sell it while it's in Standard.
>>
I've been keeping an eye out on Rally variants being slowly thrown around for a while, thinking it would be a pretty good deck to transition into.

However, with dredge on the rise, I'm concerned about getting hated out by accident.

How many people are dedicating sideboard slots to anti-graveyard these days? Any fa/tg/uys running either Esper or Abzan rally to any success with experience on beating hate cards?
>>
>>48657152
I think its more about abzan company pulling more wins than the rally variants.
>>
File: 120117_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
120117_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
What does /tg/ think about this card? Just pulled him. Think he can see any play in Modern or just a solid standard card, if anything?
>>
>>48657646
The only emerge card I could see seeing play is deep fried octopus because him burst out of a fast Gurmag Angler is a sweet tempo play since it timewalks while making you invulnerable to removal for a turn. But like so many other cards from this block, it gets blown the absolute fuck out by counterspells.
>>
>>48657679
Yeah, I was afraid of that. But would not the emerge casting still grant Trample and Haste and +2/+2 to your Eldrazi swarm still though? At best, I can see the guy being a GG pump spell.
>>
>>48658000
The problem is that if you're ramping into a huge pump spell, the best one was printed a few years ago.
>>
>>48658089
Valid reasoning, yeah, I understand. Thanks anon, I will make some homebrews but won't expect any wonders.
>>
>>48658120
Just remember that you can't make a good deck out of bad cards, and it's really hard to make a bad deck from good cards. And don't rely too much on synergy, because your opponent won't give you that chance.
>>
>>48658183
Alex, what is affinity?
>>
>>48658244
Literally cheeses game one with its removal resiliency then prays it can win another game.
>>
File: 32654365474354374373.png (154KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
32654365474354374373.png
154KB, 223x311px
>>48658183
Would a 4 mana emrakul with suspend 2 be balanced if the opponent had the ability to add suspend counters by converting damage dealt to the opponent to suspend counters?
>>
>>48658302
Which is a good enough strategy apparently. Affinity is one of the most successful decks in modern.
>>
>>48658347
You should never build a deck expecting to build the next Affinity though.
>>
>>48658338
My God, fuck off. Why do you continue with this shit you autistic fucking loser.
>>
File: Angry Decay.jpg (351KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Decay.jpg
351KB, 480x680px
>>48658405
BECAUSE YOU RESPOND YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>48657679
>it gets blown the absolute fuck out by counterspells
Deep fried seems pretty good, he isn't hit by spell snare, dispel, comes too early for cryptic, he is hit by leak but his trigger is on cast. I would hold him up with an angler out so I can blank their removal and early enough in the game they don't have extra mana for counters
>>
>>48658498
Honestly if fried squid gets hit by a Mana Leak or something, it's probably a lost game. You killed your own Angler, your octopus isn't even touching the board, and he'll have used the land you tried to tap down to counter it anyway. Literally all you did was murder your own position. Maybe he could be sideboard tech in that Chapin delve list from a bit back.
>>
>>48658537
Yeah, it's definitely a card that if you want to abuse you run one or tops two and side them out against blue decks. It's funny how it's either a 2-for-1 for you (if you blank the removal) or for them depending on if they have a counter
>>
>>48657646
Looks like a shitty craterhoof
>>
>>48658537
It has Flash, you should really be playing it against removal. They go to Dismember/Path/Terminate your fish, and you explode the squid from it.
>>
>>48658578
>>48658578
Fucking idiot, it can't be hit with flashfreeze. That's insane.
>tg is bad at magic: the post
>>
>>48658609
That one fact doesn't make it a good card. Anon you're the one who sucks at magic.
>>
>>48658609
You're actually retarded.
>>
>>48658609
>not forcing them to discard the flash freeze with mire's toll before pumping your team of cathartic adepts and swinging in to trade with their relentless rats while leaving up gray ogre for blocks
>>
>>48658609
The advantage is that it triggers on cast.
The disadvantage is that you have to cast it.
>>
>>48658609
Who the fuck cares about flashfreeze? Maybe as a sideboard card but there's so many other better counter spells.
>>
>>48658596
>They go to Path your fish, you kill it yourself to prevent you from getting a land
Great fucking plan there. Squid is best played in your opponent's upkeep to prevent them doing anything for a turn. While the tap trigger is on the stack, you have no creatures on the board so their removal is blanked and you get to swing in for free next turn. Either way I can't see it really happening because it's too reliant on things not going wrong. That's kind of the story of cards from SOI/EMN.
>>
>>48658609
You're a fucking moron. Nobody fucking plays flash freeze.
>>
>>48658623
>>48658743
>>48658767
>>48658770
>>48658866
Woah woah woah anons. I think we just took some serious bait.
>>
>>48658887
>called out on being an idiot
>I was only purtending!!
>>
>>48659060
I'm on of the idiots who fell for the bait and now I'm coming back for yours as well. You're a faggot and probably play shit decks.
>>
>>48659060
I was the guy that posted that, obviously trolling and you're a fucking idiot for falling for it
>>
>>48659736
Lmao whatever you say retard
>>
>>48652697
Wait you mean you can have a 3 mana creature in play on turn 2?!
>You can do that off a BoP/Heirarch
>>
Budget Grixis Delver
Any Input?

4x Delver of Secrets
3x Young Pyromancer
4x Gurmag Angler
2x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Thought Scour
4x Serum Visions
4x Gitaxian Probe
3x Surgical Extraction
3x Mana Leak
2x Terminate
2x Kologhan's Command
2x Forked Bolt
1x Dreadbore
4x Polluted Delta
3x Bloodstained Mire
1x Steam Vents
1x Watery Grave
1x Blood Crypt
3x Island
2x Swamp
3x Mountain
>>
>>48645635
Someone doesnt know much about modern
>>
>>48660018
Someone doesn't know how to read a reply chain
>>
>>48651910
Nobody want to comment on this? It's D&T with a splash of blue. Curves out really well while still hating on opponents, and can fall back on SotL + GRS to hard lock an opponent out of the game. I don't think the deck would be very good without Mausoleum Wanderer. It's the extra playset of Judge's Familiar that the deck really needs to curve out well, and the other spirits you play make it hit even harder. Honestly feels really good to goldfish.
>>
>>48645645
Pod changed over the years from so-so to the best deck in modern (although not nearly as back breaking as some people made it out to be). As creatures got better pod got better. Personally the straw that broke the camel's back was siege rhino. The deck really became a mid-range deck that could find an answer for any problem, and occasionally would combo off. I could go more into the deck, but I think you get the idea.

PS. I really miss pod.
>>
>>48660119
>Honestly feels really good to goldfish.
So does rat tribal
>>
>>48660234
Rat tribal doesn't attempt to improve on an established concept.
>>
>>48660182
Rhino had nothing to do with pod ban. Pod was banned because among other things could answer literally any deck. It had a toolbox that could be used every turn from T3 on. Rhino was played in pod, but mostly because why the hell not, not because it was incredibly useful in the deck.

Pod created a problem where you either A, would have to start banning creatures(although I'm honestly not sure they're at that point yet), and that list will only grow. Or B, ban pod. It was in this way that banning pod ever made sense. And honestly, pod lost to hard control like combo should, so I see nothing wrong with it, but that's just my $0.02
>>
>>48660280
D&T isn't established in Modern
>>
>>48660234
>So does rat tribal
I wish this could be a thing. I just imagine gifts package + pack rat to ditch fatties that got in your hand, and some other rats for discard/disruption. Call it no rats given.
>>
>>48660334
You ALMOST finished reading my post. Looks like you missed that last word there. D&T as a concept is playing weenies that make it hard for your opponent to play Magic. I'm trying to do just that, but with the addition of blue.
>>
>>48660366
But there's no such archetype in modern because we don't have the same tools legacy has
>>
>>48660437
Hence playing a more proactive plan with cards like Judge's Familiar and Geist of Saint Traft. Sure we don't have the same tools, but we're not up against Miracles and Storm either.
>>
>>48660497
just to be pedantic, I've played against storm at least once at each comp rel event I've played.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>48660316
I imagine how hard is to cast this card
>>
>>48660316
>And honestly, pod lost to hard control like combo should,
>thinks pod was combo
>not just generic good shit and had 4 of voice of resurgence to kill control
>>48660997
>thinks pod needed pod to win a game and wasn't just a pile of good creatures that could win without pod
Pod was a combo deck that needed pod until people realized jamming 4 rhino on their deck, removing the combo and playing goodstuff.dec was just better. That happened around rhino printing
>>
>>48660997
yeah anon, pod wasn't so bad. just be in UB, run an otherwise shitty card in your deck, have it in your hand, and leave mama up for it against a midrangey creature deck beating you down :^)
>>
>>48656295
She will only be as hot as she gets now as she's hyped for Game Day by the pro tour. After that, I promise you the interest for her will dwindle. Sell now.
>>
>tfw esper draw go actually has a good tron MU
>>
>>48661122
Shadow of Doubt also hits fetchlands you know. Like, the card is really good. People just refuse to try anything that isn't already established.
>>
>>48661342
Not him but:
It's only good as a one of for against fetchlands. Once people know you run it they'll play around that
>>
>>48661342
Only real deck it can be played in is esper draw go and there are better options in esper draw go
>>
>>48661353
And what, never crack their fetchlands?
>>
>>48661359
Wait for you to fetch, then fetch in response.
>>
>>48661383
Then they're playing themselves.
>>
>>48661412
Congratulations.
>>
>>48661412
Not really. It's perfectly valid, prevents you from getting value unless you can sack your fetches too
>>
>>48661426
What if I'm not running fetches?
>>
>>48661851
Wow! Sounds like you cracked the format wide open! Looks like we can unban pod
>>
>>48661312

You never give up, do you?
>>
>>48661312
>tfw shit deck has good matchup with good deck

I can do it to.
>>
>>48661312
>tfw they side in banefire
>>
>>48651503
look man,
1, I have no idea who Maro is and
2, I have no idea what to put in my side deck because LGS are a bit far and I'm to shy/autistic to play with strangers so I have no idea what decks I'll play against or what kind of cards would be good in any situation

>>48653122
is it bad to main them?
>>
>>48662031
Except esper draw go isn't shit.
>>
>>48662137
As someone who plays Esper draw-go; nigga you high?
>>
>>48662137
1) it is shit. it's incredibly shit.
2) how does that relate to my comment?
>>
>>48645715
Look up souls sisters. Thatll help with your side board
>>
>>48662219
Meant to quote >>48661981

>>48662212
It genuinely isn't a bad deck. Either you don't know how to play it or your list is bad. Post it.
>>
File: 1467160546700.jpg (112KB, 1200x904px) Image search: [Google]
1467160546700.jpg
112KB, 1200x904px
>>48645223
>Eldrazi
>Tier 2
>Day 2: 0.0%

>Through The Breach
>Tier 3
>Day 2: 3.5%

This system is retarded.
>>
>>48662274
>playing draw go in modern
You're an autist. Fuck you and your fucking wsz win con. Nobody wants to go to time every round because you have the need to feel superior
>>
>>48662326
people you are the reason i play it
>>
>>48662415
I don't see why. I'll just win anyway because i have threats.
>>
>>48662451
And I've removal, counterspells and discard. Want to play me on cockatrice?
>>
File: 25[1].jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
25[1].jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>48645192
Where my UW Spirit bros at?

Any luck with your shitbrews yet? I've done some testing online with this and the two Shoals and it seems pretty powerful
>>
>>48662541
>cockatrice
No. Never. I don't want to play with anyone in this general tbqh
>>
File: not mark rosewater i swear.png (551KB, 500x762px) Image search: [Google]
not mark rosewater i swear.png
551KB, 500x762px
>>48654546
>>48653984
>>48656070

I wonder who's behind that post.
>>
>>48663061
Lmao. Funnier every time! Can't wait to see you post this again
>>
>>48662947
>Deck can't even cut it in Standard
>But let's force it in Modern

Lingering Spirits is just not enough to make this deck good.
>>
File: jew.png (311KB, 1102x1003px) Image search: [Google]
jew.png
311KB, 1102x1003px
>>48663127
>>
>>48652367

I don't really understand why counterspell would be better than mana leak, modern decks don't want to play double U spells, and mana leak gets the job done fine for 95% of games

What modern really needs is a playable 0 mana counterspell
>>
File: Secure the Wastes_DTK.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Secure the Wastes_DTK.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>48662326
>Fuck you and your fucking wsz win con.
WSZ is old and busted. Pic related is new hotness. And between in and Snapcaster Mage it's very difficult to go to time.
>>
>>48663343
Pact of negation
>>
>>48663343
>hard control
>answers for years, wins very late into the game
>manaleak falls of to absolutely useless status past turn 8
Manaleak being the only counterspell is the reason esper is a meme, the deck doesn't run mana leak solely for this reason despite the deck really badly needing a 2cmc counterspell.
I've seen esper run a playset of logic knot over a single mana leak, that's how bad it is in esper.
>>
>>48663257
>Deck can't even cut it in Standard
>But let's utilize it in Modern with a much larger card pool

3/10 I replied
>>
>>48663410
Why the fuck wouldn't you run 2x mana leak in esper? Sure it falls off past turn 8, but if you get to turn 8 as esper you've already won. Surviving that long is the problem and mana leak helps.
>>
>>48663482
>Why the fuck wouldn't you run 2x mana leak in esper? Sure it falls off past turn 8, but if you get to turn 8 as esper you've already won. Surviving that long is the problem and mana leak helps.
The main reason is because it can become dead a lot faster than that if you've cast Path a few times, which is more likely than in UWR because it's your only removal spell.
>>
>>48663482
It helps you get to where you stabilize, sure, but it never lets you truly stabilize as the topdeck bolts they're drawing go through. Especially with path.
Esper loses either on turn 3-4 or on turn 8 when they have for the mostpart stabilized but havent locked the other guy completely out.
>>
File: 1466202273868.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1466202273868.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
which deck is the most METAL lads??
>>
>>48663482
Because there is no actual lock in modern, which Esper NEEDS to win. The most they can hope for is a karn/ugin or a newlamog in which case just play tron
>>
>>48663634
>>48663533

All it needs to do is buy time for you to draw into your 4x CC or beef up your GY/get enough mana for logic knot
>>
>>48645192
>Every single /t/g Modern thread until the end of time

Hey guys look at my netdeck what do you think
>Looks good, great job

Hey guys look at my shitbrew
>FUCK OFF, THAT'S NOT A TIERED DECK, CASUAL EDH THREAD IS THAT WAY

Hey guys look at my shitbrew that top 8'd a grand prix
>Very nice anon well done

It's no use, you were born a shitter
>>
>>48663720
Remand does that better and helps you hit your land drops.

>>48663689
>Because there is no actual lock in modern, which Esper NEEDS to win.
Against most decks Rev for 5+ is lights out.
>>
>>48663764
I'm so glad the rev meme is coming back.
>>
>>48663774
As long as Wafo keeps beating up on MTGO I'm willing to believe.
>>
>>48663764
Remand doesn't actually deal with the threat and you've got enough draw and 26 lands. Also holding out for that epic x=5 rev is one of the biggest mistakes esper players make. I regularly rev for 2 or 3.

>>48663689
Esper doesn't need a hard lock card to win. The whole idea of esper is that you create a small advantage every turn so that by turn 7-8 you've got a full hand and your opponent is top decking.
>>
>>48663688
Skred
>>
>>48663774
>preordain
>>
>>48663863
Good luck getting advantage over meme rhino or a turn 3 karn
>>
>>48663863
>Blighted agent
>>
>>48663946
junk is actually a positive MU for esper and tron is 50/50
oh and both spells can be countered on the curve.
>>48664118
Now, infect is a problem, although blessed alliance turned it into a winnable MU. It's still 40/60 tho.
>>
File: zeke.jpg (17KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
zeke.jpg
17KB, 300x470px
I'm finally making the jump from Standard to Modern because it seems like the only events my LGS run are for either Standard or Modern, so I decided to run U/B Zombies. Problem is I have no idea for what to throw in for the sideboard, and the U support at this moment is pretty much Diregraf Captains, so I might just swap them out for Gray Merchants and go Mono-Black. What direction should I go with for this deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zombies-ate-my-fnm-opponents/
>>
>>48664346
I'd suggest looking at some actual modern decks. Zombies isn't one and you'll most likely very trounced
>>
>>48664174
Ohshitnigger.jpg
>>
>>48664376
This. look up the top modern decks and how to play/play against them. They are tier 1 because they are the most played. That's all tier means. If you bring in a tribal deck that's not merfolk, elves or goblins you won't have much fun getting blown out every round
>>
Still don't see why counterspell would help

All these answers are in the context of that one specific shifty esper deck
>>
>>48664580
It's.more the principle than anything
>>
File: You're a big Crab.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
You're a big Crab.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>48664376
>>48664555
I already looked at most of the regular decks in the OP, and the only decks that interested me were either too expensive for my range (Don't want to spend $6-700 on a format I'm not invested in right now) or just seemed kinda boring to play. Looking at the links in the OP again though Emeria and B/W Tokens might be more my thing.

Are zombies really that unplayable even with all the new toys it got in SOI/EMN?
>>
>>48664580
>Still don't see why counterspell would help
Have you ever played UWx in modern? Path and Mana Leak have awful synergy. It's mitigated by Bolt/Helix/Electrolyze in UWR shells, but it's still a weakness that Grixis and GBx don't have.

UWR Control wouldn't need Nahiri to be Tier 2 again if it had Counterspell.
>>
>>48664673
>Are zombies really that unplayable even with all the new toys it got in SOI/EMN?
Yes
Unless you count dredge as a Zombie deck
>>
>>48664673
>>Are zombies really that unplayable even with all the new toys it got in SOI/EMN?

Yes. Modern decks are built on the backs of a few broken cards each deck, and Zombies don't have anything truly broken.
>>
>>48664726
>>48664741
Well that kinda stinks. I used to run Skull Servants back in the day when I played Yugioh so I wanted something similar thematically, but oh well. Tokens it is.
>>
>>48664949
Don't just buy into a deck because it sounds like something you'd like. Watch some footage or play on xmage or something
>>
>>48664580
U/R tempo would (maybe) still use remand because it's splashable, but control decks desperately need counterspells that are both good early and good late and manaleak is awful lategame. I've even seen tempo decks run Deprive, something hardcontrol doesn't want either
>>
>>48664709

What abou UB then?

Black has good removal, disfigure and go for the throat etc

Is the problem that there's too many black creatures? So you have to use path to exile?
>>
File: 167[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
167[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>48664949
Dredge is probably where you want to be then. I'm pretty sure it's the only deck in Modern with a Zombie and a Skeleton in it.
>>
File: 46.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>48665103
UB and Mono B removal is pretty bad. Modern is such a diverse format that whether you play Go for the Throat, Smother, or Doom Blade you'll probably miss some important deck and get punished for it. Pic related is the black removal spell you want to run.
>>
File: td151_dismember.jpg (192KB, 620x466px) Image search: [Google]
td151_dismember.jpg
192KB, 620x466px
>>48665447
Best B removal is probably dismember oniifam
>>
>>48665447

What about grasp of darkness?

The double black is unfortunate but if the deck was pure UB I could see it having potential

What do you guys think are the must answer creatures of modern?

Are there any commonly seen ones that don't die to grasp of darkness?

How many don't die to disfigure?
>>
File: Image.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
141KB, 223x311px
>>48665546
Dismember is strictly better then grasp, if your looking for black removal it doesn't get better
>>48665510
>>
File: memerhino.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
memerhino.png
133KB, 223x311px
>>48665546
sup
>>48665579
It's not strictly better. I'm sure you love dismembering that goblin guide and never wish you had a better spell in hand.
>>
>>48665579

Is it though? I feel like the lifeloss is relevant in modern

It's definitely better but idk if it's strictly better
>>
>>48665593
Junk is nowhere to be seen and rhino barely sees any play anymore
>>
>>48665593
I'll just bolt the goblin jackass there isn't much removal I'd feel good casting on guide tho
>>
>>48665602
Strictly better is a bit of over exaggeration but it's much more flexable then grasp
>>
>>48665510
>>48665579
Dismember is not the removal spell of a Black deck, despite being a Black spell.
>>
>>48665640
I thought we were talking about best black removal though.
>>48665447
was talking about removal in B and UB. You can't say that Dismember's always better than grasp because the life you pay is relevant. I will agree that's it's better in most matchups though.
>>
>>48665652

No doubt

I think the lack of wasteland in modern gives me a little hope that grasp might be viable though in addition to dismember

Maybe not

I'm just trying to brainstorm

I know controls not a great option but I'm just trying to explore what can be done
>>
>>48665667
Dismember may have downsides depending on the match up but over all its the best mono b removal spell
>>
>>48665688
Best of luck on brainstorming I've been trying to force BW control for years
>>
>>48665709
Vindicate should be in modern
>>
File: KRiPzDX.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
KRiPzDX.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>48665738
Yes absolutely 100x yes, can't make do with this trash if only it hit lands
>>
File: 2016-08-06 22.38.32.jpg (1MB, 1914x984px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06 22.38.32.jpg
1MB, 1914x984px
Slightly updated mono red burn (i'm still waiting for 2x swift monastery and 2x ball lightning) i'll be replacing the keldon marauders and the elemental sparks soon . Any idea what i should do with these bedlam reveler's i've got 4 of them?
>>
>>48665766
They're just not willing to print CMC 3 land destruction in Standard.
>>
>>48666040
Modern masters is a thing they make they've made two
>>
>>48659883

You get to pick and choose through your entire deck for a specific 3-drop anon, thats what makes it good.
>>
>>48666066
Technically if it was printed in the next Modern Masters it still wouldn't be Modern legal. It sounds dumb but it's true.
>>
>>48666066
see >>48666125

They'd have to rewrite Modern's legality rules to directly allow for exceptions.
>>
>>48666125
They make the rules they could change that and say MMA printings do make them modern legal
>>
>>48665766
So I never found the ancient grudge flavor text edit to be all that funny, but that one pushes it over the top.
>>
Can someone look at my casual deck and tell me if there's anything I could slip in inplace of Nether Shadow? (or any other advice)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unearthed-horror/
>>
>>48666149
They've said this is against the philosophy of what they want modern to be so they won't
>>
>>48665799
how does mono red burn do?
>>
File: splendid%20reclamation.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
splendid%20reclamation.png
125KB, 223x311px
How do we break it lads?
>>
>>48666271
Dredgeshift
>>
>>48665799
>tar fire over pillar of flame
>>
>>48666239
Wrong thread bud, but keep brewing
Tbh someone should make a casual thread so we can actually redirect people that post here to it
>>
>>48666300
its a discussion about ANYTHING in the format, including casual.
kill your self spike net decker
>>
File: Capture.png (85KB, 560x174px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
85KB, 560x174px
>>48666320
kys my man
>>
>>48666300
>>48666320
I'm not sure if the cards in my deck are in Modern, but it definitely is just a casual deck for fun, not competing.
>>
>>48666332
>wanting to make a casual deck able to preform in a competitive environment
>hurrr get outt not t1 net deck hurrrr
>>
>>48666244
Maro needs to die or retire
Make mtg great again
>>
>>48666227
Mortifys flavor text on that card is also amazing
>>
If I'm playing Grixis Delver, with 3 mainboard Surgical Extraction Is running Ghost Quarter in the sideboard viable to make the Tron matchup not total trash?
>>
>>48646304
>dnt
>searching
>>
Are there any playable edicts?
>>
>>48665799
Tar fire just feeds goyf. Run a different shock
>>
>>48666361
The dude literally posted a deck that's not even close to modern legal, but yeah I'm a dirty spike netdecker for pointing out that he's in the wrong thread

There's a difference between posting a brew that you actually want feedback on to make more competitive and posting a casual deck that you don't actually want feedback on and just want people to bask in the janky glory of

(not saying that the horrors dude was doing that)
>>
>>48666423
Does LotV count?
>>
>>48666423
Lotv

>>48666361
You don't seem to know what the words you're using actually mean
>>
>>48666423
geth's verdict, devour flesh, tribute to hunger
>>
>>48666423
Oh, and smallpox
>>
>>48666474
Forgot all about smallpox
>>
>>48657646
Nearly better than craterhoof in an animar edh deck. Any other situation? Play craterhoof.
>>
File: blessedalliance.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
blessedalliance.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
>>48666423
>>
>>48666636
Is this actually any good?
>>
>>48666636
How often are the other modes relevant anyway?
>>
>>48666636
Is the other two modes were good this could be pretty alright
>>
File: Capture.png (249KB, 958x586px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
249KB, 958x586px
Took about 10 mins brewing this up, is there anything here? The deck probably needs a way to win besides drawing sudden reclamation or a way to tutor it
Maybe explore would be good? Extra dredges and ramps to cast reclamation on 3
>>
>>48666648
It's pretty much just there to fuck with Infect and Bogles.
>>
>>48663688
jund and griselbrand decks seem pretty metal
>>
>>48666714
I'll try it in the side board just for you
>>
>>48666705
Life from the loam
>>
>>48663688

i recall a spellweaver helix deck which combos worldfire followed up with flame jab, that's pretty metal
>>
>>48663898
I believe its the rev for 15 version of esper.
>>
>>48666748
Why? No utility lands to get back, and we want lands in the yard
>>
>>48666748
its a more consistent dredger than any of the creatures listed since it can put itself back in the grave
>>
>>48666799
This is meant for this
>>48666825
>>
>>48666714
any burn style aggro deck really.
>>
>>48666825
could be decent I guess, but aren't the 14 dredge cards enough? I can't imagine that filling up the graveyard will be tough, I'm more concerned with closing the game
>>
>>48666705
WORM HARVEST
>>
>>48666663
Incidental lifegain is always relevant. The untap not so much.
>>
>>48667071
If it tapped or untapped I'd really quite like it
>>
>>48661356
I didn't know esper draw-go could run Wastelands that filter themselves
>>
>>48663343
What is Rune Snag?
>>
>>48667296
the first one really is a lot worse, and snapcasting it isn't really that good either
also counter unless you pay 4 is still pretty bad late when you want to counter 1 and 2 mana spells
>>
>>48664949
Don't buy any decks before you have playtested them using software (Xmage, cockatrice) or proxies. To use proxies, simply print out the deck you want using a proxy generator (google it), scissor them and put them over commons inside sleeves.
>>
>>48666408
That sounds legit. Man, I'd hate to be against Surgical Extraction.deck.
>>
>>48666705
If you mill your reclamations, how do you cast them?
>>
>>48666252
mono red burn can be very powerful depending how much you want to spend this is somewhat powerful but still semi budget so i don't win very much at my lgs (most people there have $2000 decks)
>>
>>48666438
fuck shock that's what i have vexing devil there for
>>
>>48667108
If it tapped it would be busted, you can throw this thing under an isochron scepter already
>>
>>48666705
Build this deck in paper. Play Insolent Neonate, drop Thug for Loam. And play 4 Noxious Revival and 3 Reclaim
>>
>>48663688
Affinity you fucking retard.
>>
>>48667262
what would you take out of say wafo's most recent list for shadow of doubt
>>
someone make a new thread
>>
File: Ashiok.jpg (63KB, 620x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Ashiok.jpg
63KB, 620x1018px
So I made this mill control deck, and I'd like to get some advice. I'm mainly an EDH player but wanted to try making a modern deck. I've only tried it out in xmage (online), and I'd just like to get some advice. I'm not really sure what the best cards are in modern for UB decks.
I just like playing Ashiok really.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-08-16-ub-mill-control/
>>
>>48668887
>I'm mainly an EDH play
Oh it shows.
>>
New thread:
>48668992
>48668992
>48668992
>>
>>48668887
Mill doesn't work unless you go all in and even then it's not a strong strategy
>>
>>48669027
nice
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.