[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips for a STALKER campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1441224395056.png (46KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1441224395056.png
46KB, 803x688px
Any tips for a STALKER campaign?
>>
File: 12years-of-slav.jpg (346KB, 700x429px)
12years-of-slav.jpg
346KB, 700x429px
>>48633286
Hide the chairs.
>>
>>48633286
Quick save/load.
>>
>>48633356
>>48633379
lol ok but seriously tho
>>
>>48633558
What're you currently using or are you making everything by scratch?
>>
>>48633643
modified dark heresy
>>
>>48633286
1) don't forget your kobasa, bread, cheese and mayonnaise.
2) being more bullets
3) an axe is fine too, but you're probably better off bringing more bullets instead
4) Rakija is a perfectly fine replacement for vodka
5) If it's good enough for Mikhail Kalashnikov, it's good enough for you. None of those shitty western rifles.

Make sure your players adhere to these rules and punish them when they fail to ensure the success of your STALKER campaign.
>>
>>48633286
You should probably make traveling in general, or traveling deeper into the zone at the very minimum, be a very big deal. Make these journeys mini adventures.
>>
It's not railroading if the way they wanna go is a radiated field.
>>
>>48633286

Check out the Stalker RPG by Burger Games, its's good in terms of setting but rules-wise is weak.
>>
>>48633286
You can replace "Detect Traps", " Tame Animal" and "Diplomacy" by just throwing metal bolts at stuff.
>>
>>48633286
Give the players shashlyk for lunch, mayonejse and cucumber sandwich and vodka.
When the do well, reward with babushka favorite blin recipe and kompot!
Also invite me to play. Very important to have real slav
>>
File: Roadside+Picnic.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Roadside+Picnic.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48634473
>>48633286

This is actually potentially the best system to run it with,
However, this is a difficult fiction to translate to pen and paper.

My advice, give people various lore skills for different Features of the zone: Radiation, Anomalies, Artifacts, Factions, Creatures, Psychic phenomenon, etc.

Get really heavy with your atmospheric descriptions, and remind them what the climate is like every time they perform actions that would interact with the features.
Standard stuff, like it's cloudy out and lightly raining, remind them that the ground is muddy when they go to crouch, or that the door is wet when they try to enter a building.

This is important because anomalies should play off what is normal, and make it abnormal, the tall grass is swaying in the breeze, except for one patch that is swaying in a different direction. the path is soaked and muddy, but there's a spot of dry asphalt and whenever a raindrop lands it sizzles to steam.

From there, they should be able to use detectors + their appropriate lore skills to determine the characteristics of the anomaly, all else fails, throw a rock, bolt, or nut on a cloth at it and hope it doesn't throw it back.

Past that, standard hostile territory slog, there are monstrous animals, bandits, military, scientists, several factions of stalkers, and other unpredictable loners out in the night.

In summary: Atmosphere is the most important part of a Stalker - themed game, the world is the primary antagonist, and they should be in a state where a trip back and forth over just a few km is an adventure of its own, one that can be made easier given time and experience, but still never loses its edge.

Also, if you haven't read it. Have Roadside Picnic
>>
>>48637475
These are excellent ideas. I've been toying with the idea of running a game like this, and I'll try and keep these in mind.

I've noticed that there are different versions of DH nowadays, which would you recommend?
>>
>>48637602
1st ed, but you'll probably want a more open point buy system for characters and advancement, Only War is pretty good for this, also you may want to make a couple variants of autoguns so the party has some better choices available.

Ultimately DH 1st ed is the only one that actually uses money though, and that is important for the game, also having tech use and demolitions separate is probably a good idea.

If you end up creating a mod or overlay, please post it in a WH40k general, I usually check those weekly and would be happy to help with a Stalker mod there, for now though. I should probably head to bed.
>>
>>48637602
I ran with DH1 using some of the firing rules from later FFG 40kRPGs-ie full auto no longer makes you more accurate. DH2's advancement will work better for more freeform characters, though you're going to have to play with backgrounds and homeworlds. There's also a google doc that was becoming more or less a full conversion based off of DH, I'll see if I can link it to you.

>>48637475
Atmo is everything. I do recommend having decent speakers so you can play the dark ambience of STALKER or just background noise of rain falling on a swamp, you can find plenty on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmPx2eRRILI

Also you're going to be able to deal with issues the games could not-like how are STALKERs smuggling artifacts out, what outside political and criminal influences are pushing movement in the Zone, etc. You could have your players be everything from undercover NATO to a mob enforcer in over his head.
>>
File: 84331463.gif (2MB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
84331463.gif
2MB, 300x221px
>>48637720
>>48637696
Excellent, thank you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.