[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 44

Pathfinder General /pfg/
If you would like assistance with character optimization, please mention which third-party sources are allowed.

How do you use mind control in your games? How often do you get to mind control others? How do you roleplay being mind controlled?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous Thread: >>48626465
>>
>>48632641
( - 3 - )

Anybody have suggestions on things the DM should keep in mind while running Iron Gods?
>>
>>48632666
Seconding. I'm running my second session this weekend.
>>
>>48632353
>>48632558
I was more focused on the environment we'll be in: Underground dungeons, tight spaces in which an animal might get in the way, lots of dark, lots of potential for traps and the like...

As such, a Ranger who can see in low-light or dark, spot traps and potential danger, maybe even scout out, while firing arrows during battle, all with Favored Enemy being Construct, and Favored Terrain being Underground, with Dungeoneering knowledge, etc... That's what I'm thinking. I know we've got mostly melee people in my group already, plus I enjoy ranged play.
>>
>>48632641
>want to play a Mesmerist
>feel guilty about it

Save me from this Hell.
>>
>>48632641
>that fucking disney snake again
/d/ pls... PLS
>>
>>48632641
I don't.
>>
File: 1335250946307.jpg (238KB, 732x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1335250946307.jpg
238KB, 732x1000px
>>48632641
I once had a character that was mind control themed, specialized in charm spells specifically.

Her backstory (tl;dr version)was that she'd been kidnapped at infancy by Fey because of her sorcerous potential, and then placed in a "utopia" style village where everyone was under charm spells to get along. Eventually some Paladins got wind of this and broke the spell on the village, which basically shattered her life up to that point. She came to the conclusion that only magically enforced altruism was real because it was 'unconditional' and that all other love or kindness was self serving in some way.

She had a habit of charming people, including party members, and wasn't averse to being charmed herself. She did end up charming the party's Ranger and Witch (with their players' permission, of course), and generally terrified the Barbarian and Inquisitor. In one case there was almost a fight when the Barbarian confronted her about it and the Witch got pretty defensive of her best friend, but it was eventually diffused via some gentle orders to stop fighting.

Alas that game fell into scheduling hell and died shortly after, but it was fun while it lasted.
>>
File: 1336944898335.jpg (76KB, 1235x347px) Image search: [Google]
1336944898335.jpg
76KB, 1235x347px
>>48632717
Don't worry so much.
>>
Siegebreaker Fighter seems like a really cool archetype to play with. I've got a lot of love for Dungeoncrashers and this scratches a similar niche, albeit approaching it in a slightly different way. You'll want to only make it a two-level fighter dip since you're going to want access to Ranger/Slayer Bonus Feats to get some tricks.

Ranger 1: Power Attack
Ranger 2: Shield Slam
Fighter 1: Imp. Bull Rush
Fighter 2:
Ranger 3: Imp. Overrun
Ranger 4:
Ranger 5: G. Overrun
Ranger 6: Shield Master

As a standard action, you deal your shield damage and generate a free Bull Rush which deals STR+2+Shield Mod damage. This procs a free Overrun attempt, which deals the same damage, as well as tripping the enemy and provoking an AoO. This can trigger Shield Slam again, at which point you run the whole thing over again on a prone enemy. All of this comes as a standard action to boot, so you're very mobile and have quite a bit of battlefield control.

If you were going to open up access to 3rd party, taking Ambush Hunter Ranger to pick up Snapping Turtle Stance and some strikes would make the combo that much stronger. Shield Master lets you pick up a very powerful weapon for relatively little gold, although you could swap it for something else if you were so inclined.

Quick damage calculations - at level 8 your +4 Heavy Shield (most of your WBL, but it's also covering both armor and damage so it's very worth it) deals 1d4+22 (Shield Slam) + 12 + 12 damage, and then you run those numbers again on the AoO. I assumed 22 STR there, and I didn't include the bonus you'd get from either Favored Enemy, Studied Combat/Sneak Attack or Initiating.

On the whole it seems pretty strong, albeit vulnerable to DR; I'd argue that you use the properties of the triggering attack to penetrate DR, i.e. the shield's weapon enchantment bonus or material, but some DMs might not agree. What do you think, /pfg/? Did I miss something, or is this good/as much fun as it looks like it'd be?
>>
>>48632701
Beeline PBS, Precise Shot and Rapid Shot. Deadly Aim is good but not that much of a priority. If you want to Animal Companion then pick up Boon Companion at 5th, otherwise don't worry about it. Get Imp. Precise Shot with your level 6 bonus feat since it's early access, get Manyshot at 7 if you get that far (I don't remember how big the spire is) since it's godly.

If you want to dump Animal Companion then Divine Tracker is pretty good, the blessings aren't huge but they'll add a lot more than a level 1 druid AC does at level 4.
>>
>>48632641
Mind control bugs me so much because when I fall to it, I have to do it properly.

My character acts normal otherwise and rationalizes to themself why they suddenly adamantly insist on whatever they're made to do in a way that doesn't overtly feel out of place, but when this belief is really out of character they become a sort of uncanny valley version of themselves.

I once got another player to think I was a moron for a week because my character was mindcharmed into abandoning the party for selfish reasons and they thought I was just being stubbornly in character.
>>
>>48633048
Good blessings from Divine Tracker for a ranged attacker are Air, Destruction and Good. I'm a fan of Charm as well, slapping that on a frontliner before going into battle can be killer.
>>
>>48632641
Stop making threads and kill yourself, shitposter.
>>
So I took a look at the Silver Champion archetype for Paladin from Legacy of Dragons, and on cursory glance I am not sure that the Archetype is worth it. I get this odd feeling that, like a lot of other Archetype's it might not be as good as just a regular Paladin? Am I right in my guesswork or does it come out at least a wash?
>>
>>48633183
Drop a scan or pastebin the text? I haven't seen an actual leak yet, although if you have that it'd be nice.
>>
>>48633048
>>48633103
Cool, I'll do some reading on Divine. But on that note, since Spire's mostly underground dungeons, what're your thoughts on going Deep Walker/Dungeon Rover archetype?
>>
Hello again everyone! The Unchained Fighter has gone through another round of edits, fixes, additions, and more.

The Changelog is as follows:
>Edited the Blood Tainted a bit
>Changed the following Advanced Equipment Training(s): Scrounger, Fortification Expertise, and Mend the Broken
>Added the following new Advanced Equipment Training(s): Soldier's Intuition
>Added the following new Advanced Armor Training(s):Stupendous Physique
>Changed the following Advanced Weapon Training(s):Push the Advantage, Bloody Work, Voley
>Added the following new Advanced Weapon Training(s): Overwatch
>Added the following new Feat(s): Extra Advanced Equipment Training

If you would like the reasoning on any of these changes feel free to ask, as always I am very willing to take feedback where ever it is given. You may either respond to this post with feedback, or following the link below and comment on the google doc directly:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing

I have included a PDF of the class with this post.
>>
>>48633220
Deep Walker yes, you're not losing anything since it's all going to be Underground. Dungeon Rover is... okay. You won't be able to combine it with Divine Tracker though since they both modify Hunter's Bond.
>>
>>48633183
It's shit. Apsu's domain spells have a couple nice quirks but are shit when it comes to smiting all that evil, and drakes make for shitty mounts, which would be the main reason you'd ever want one. Add delayed spellcasting and all that, and the archetype isn't just worth it.
>>
>>48633276
In other news I did more work on the Unchained Cavalier today. I have moved away from each order having their own specific mounts, instead having a list of mounts (locked with level requirements) behind two class features. These being at 4th and 8th level. The 4th level on unlocks far more monstrous animal mounts (such as elephants, dinosaurs, megafauna, and the like), and at 8th level unlocking a series of magical beasts. In the end I am still trying to incorporate the iconic idea of a dragon rider with the rest of them. In addition I am attempting to incorporate vermin mounts.

The other main thing is a complete overhaul of the Banner class feature I am currently doing. Instead of being a single static thing the Cavalier has access to many banners, each providing unique bonuses or advantages. As the Cavalier levels up he gains access to new banners. An example is Banner of the Hopeful Dawn, which sheds light as if the center of the Daylight spell, in addition evil creatures caught in this light receive a level dependent penalty on AC and saving throws.

Finally Oaths and Orders have been separated, so as to cut down on writing many similar oaths due to the overall limited design space. Oaths shall cover both in and out of combat abilities, allows the Cavalier to specialize in certain tasks befitting his flavor. Oaths in practice shall act similar to Rage Powers, or Rogue Talents, in which a cavalier shall choose from a list.
>>
File: 1470351545270.jpg (1MB, 4668x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1470351545270.jpg
1MB, 4668x3300px
>>48633198
>>48633183
I gotchu senpai.
>>
>>48633304
>>48633291

Yeah, this looks rough. I'd be tempted to go with the Ranger one instead since it looks like it gives up considerably less, but I'm not sure offhand what those restrictions mean.
>>
>>48632471
Akashic Mysteries.
>>
>>48633370
It's gonna be jackshit
>>48626781
You lose all the scaling stuff that makes the drake not absolutely worthless.
>>
Can someone with Horror Adventures tell us about the Blood Alchemist? Specifically, what it replaces?
>>
>>48633277
So stacking Deep Walker and Divine might be a viable option? Not really sure how Archetype stacking works but I'll look into it.
>>
File: 1470275074108.jpg (3MB, 4768x2968px) Image search: [Google]
1470275074108.jpg
3MB, 4768x2968px
>>48633502
>>
>>48633304
>even Drakerider guts the Cavalier

I just wanted to be Hiccup.
>>
>>48633538
Many thanks, Anon.
>>
>>48633277
>>48633505
Oh and furthermore, does Deep Walker's Deep Knowledge replacing Favored Terrain will outright eliminate the Ranger's ability to not be tracked underground? It doesn't even mention it... But then again I don't know if anything in Emerald Spire will be tracking us anyway.
>>
>>48633600
Dunno where that extra "will" came from but yeah...
>>
>tfw no mount-focused Discipline
>tfw no Ride-based Initiator
>>
File: 348967594.png (69KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
348967594.png
69KB, 300x162px
>>48633745
Why would you wish such a thing on innocent people.
>>
>>48633745
What would that even be? Can't you use maneuvers while on a mount already? What would having a mount enable discipline wise?
>>
>>48633761
But mounts are cool. I mean Pathfinder mounted rules are a mess, but the idea is definitely sound. A discipline focused on bringing your mount to the upper limit. It could be focused on maximizing mobility and defense as opposed to slapping hard.

Definitely more viable an idea than another "weapon style discipline"
>>
>>48633771
Currently mounts and maneuvers don't really interact.

Also
>>48633787
Has some ideas.
>>
>>48633761
I just want a real reason to ride around on things.

>>48633771
I dunno, maybe call it Golden Rectangle or Steel Sphere or Spiral Tusk or something, focus it on piercing barriers and incorporeality using techniques that can only be executed from the back of a mount?

I just really want to play a mount-based character and not suck compared to the Barbarian who just jumped onto the Synthesist's back and had a go at it.

I also like >>48633787 's ideas.
>>
>>48633761
>tfw no Discipline with Fly as the associated skill
Why
>>
>>48632884
I played a thrallherd before. I was a tactician going into it. The girl playing the enchanter got pissed because I was stepping on her toes. It was bogus.
>>
File: latest[2].png (2MB, 775x1200px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
2MB, 775x1200px
>>48633844
Chuminin
>>
File: marisahypno.jpg (806KB, 888x1242px) Image search: [Google]
marisahypno.jpg
806KB, 888x1242px
>>48632641
>>
>>48632641
>>48632884
>>48634022
>>
>>48634022
3 is best. What's the best way of achieving this in PF?
>>
>>48633844
I would play the shit out of Spiral Tusk. Especially if it lets me do sick shit with my fingernails.
>>
About where on the balance scale would something be that functions like fast healing, except instead of recovering X points of HP damage per round, it instead converts X points lethal into nonlethal damage? I'm developing some encounters with great old ones cultists, and I thought this could be an interesting spin on things.
>>
>>48634193
Ridiculously high diplomacy?
>>
>>48633844
But anon, DSP hates mounts and ranged combat. It'll never exist.
>>
>>48634193
Fleshgraft this monster ability onto yourself:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/heralds/herald-of-passion
>Alluring Scent (Ex)
>The Herald of Passion's subtle aroma causes creatures in her vicinity to become placid and react favorably toward her. Any creature that fails a DC 25 Fortitude save against the aura improves its attitude toward the Herald of Passion one step closer to friendly. Creatures with the scent ability take a –4 penalty on this saving throw. Creatures in the aura must attempt a saving throw each minute. This is a mind-affecting poison effect. The DC is Constitution-based.
>>
>>48632955
Shield slam requires +6 bab.
>>
>>48634323
>She can conceive and give birth, though it is rare for her to do this as she must remain in elven form for the duration of her pregnancy and the Goddess of Passion dislikes having her herald unavailable for extended periods. Her offspring are usually mortal elves resembling feytouched, aasimar, or tieflings, though some have enough magic in them to be born as young vengeance demons.

Why is this included? Does it mean Calistria and the Herald of Passion are aroused at the thought of being bred?
>>
>>48634362
Who isn't, anon?
>>
Is there any published method to make things like Weapon Focus or Improved Critical count for a weapon group instead of a single weapon?
1pp, 3pp - anything works, as long as it's published.
>>
>>48634465
Preferably something other than Fighter AWT, but that is a potential last resort.
>>
>>48634386
People who prefer to be doing the breeding.
>>
>>48634465
Pretty sure Martial Versatility does just that, it's human only though (for some strange reason) and Fighter 4. That'll work for 1 feat, but if you want to transfer them all, that'll be Martial Mastery, which is also human and 16th level (again, for some strange reason). Fighters hate being good with more than 1 weapon.
>>
Thoughts on this?

Starting at 2nd level and at every 2nd level thereafter, a fighter may choose a talent from the advanced weapon and advanced armor training feats.
Additionally, he is treated as an avenger vigilante of his level for purposes of taking vigilante talents that he is eligible for.

In addition, the fighter picks two saves, these are his good saves.
>>
>>48634527
So a better avenger without social talents?
>>
>>48634525
It so happens that my character is already an elf. Is there a way around the human-only?
>>
>>48634536
Explain to your GM that these feats being human locked is a special kind of garbage.
>>
>>48634544
Fighter 16 is a much worse part of it.
>>
>>48634546
Explain to your GM that these feats requiring any amount of fighter levels is a special kind of garbage.
>>
>>48634555
Unfortunately, it's a very RAW-wanking GM, even though often 3pp-allowing, while I'm rather afraid of not getting the weapons I have Improved Critical with in treasure hoards.
>>
>>48634566
Explain to your GM that he is special kind of garbage.
>>
>>48634581
Either way, I found the solution in a 3 level Weapon Master dip, taking the Gloves of Dueling, and the AWT feat.
A 3 level dip into fighter is far from optimal, but I don't see another choice here.
>>
If I'm multiclassing I can put skill ranks into whatever I want right? Like if I'm a rogue/fighter during my fighter levels I can still improve my stealth?
>>
>>48634532
Well, bringing the fighter up to par.
>>
Can you help a newbie?
I just got to level 3 with my first character, a half-orc druid, and i can't decide on what feat i should get. We only use the core rulebook and we are playing the rise of the runelords campaign.
At character creation i got Toughness, because he is a guy who has lived alone in the woods for a long time and i suspected a little extra hitpoints never hurt.
Any suggestions (and also general newbie tips) are very appreciated
>>
>>48634617
By making it a better avenger with no social talents? You're just making a slightly more combat heavy avenger, that's not addressing the problems that just being an avenger do where you get social talents to actually help do things other than fight.
>>
>>48634599
You can put your ranks wherever anyway, broseph.

Fighters can put ranks in stealth just fine. Rogues having it as a Class skill gives them a +3 for having at least one rank in it.
>>
>>48634634
First tip is not to take anything people in /pfg/ say too seriously.

Some people are incapable of switching off the optimization impulses.
>>
>>48634634
What kind of druid? Are you planning to focus on casting, melee(via wild shaping) or both? In either case, Improved Initiative is always a good choice, even more so since you're a caster.

Also, your 5th level feat will be Natural Spell. This is not up to debate.
>>
>>48634640
Well, then allow the advanced armor and weapon training talents only if getting the vigilante talents irk you.
>>
>>48634658
Alright coolio thanks for the clarification.
>>
Greetings /pfg/. another newbie here.

My DM gave the party randon magical items and mine allows me to cast Phase Door once a day. the way I see the spell it basically let me walk through a wall once a day and that's it. If I'm right I doubt I would make much use of it but I don't wanna sell it and spit in the DM's charity, we've been struggling with shit gear and scrap untill now.

So, I ask you fine people, do you have any cool ideas to use said item? my limited experience with the system really limits my creativity here.
>>
>>48634301
>hates ranged combat
>have best gun using archetypes
>have ranged weapon oriented disciplines and feats, that makes ranged combat viable
Something is wrong here, but I can't understand, what.
>>
>>48634688
thanks! I was thinking of a more combat oriented character since we have already two sorcerers in our party. I still wanna be able to use some utility/support spells tough.
>>48634684
i figured that. i don't mind having a too strong/weak character as long as it's stats make sense given his personality
>>
>>48634640
Then thoughts on just the advanced armor and weapon training talents.

The fighter's skills should really increased 4+Int.
No class should have 2+Int skills.
>>
>>48633745
What about the Hussar template?
>>
>>48634798
>No class should have 2+Int skills.
What about whizzard?
>>
>>48634826
Except for wizard. They shouldn't get more nice things.
>>
>>48634826
Honestly, wizard getting another two skill points wouldn't even break things.

Just set a baseline of 'nobody below 4+ skill points'

Just like how d4 HD got the boot.
>>
>>48634826
>>48634861
>>48634870
The wizard should revert back to d4 hit points.
>>
>>48634880
Having on average an extra hit point isn't what makes wizards powerful, anon.

If you want to make them weaker, address the actual problems.
>>
So, how's this idea?
Archetypes which normally wouldn't be considered stackable may be stacked with that archetype.
>>
Can brains in a jar command 30 zombies? My DM presented it and I couldn't help but wonder that brain in a jar is far too weak to commando a whooping 30 zombies.
>>
>>48634909
Makes sense to me.

A brain in a jar has a lot less to take care of than the brain of like, a dude who's still running around doing shit.
>>
>>48634919

But it is only 3 HD.
>>
Does the rangers track ability only use ranger levels? It just says "half his level" and they seem pretty consistent in saying "half his x level" with x being a class.
>>
>>48634941
Is it doing ANYTHING other than commanding those zombies?

It doesn't even have to worry about like, heartbeat or temperature regulation or breathing, that brain stem is out for rent man.
>>
>>48634797
In that case Power Attack might also be a solid choice. You probably won't want too many casting related feats, but something like Extend Spell might be helpful if you can't easily get your hands on metamagic rods; going for spell focus(conjuration) and then augment summoning at 7th level might also be a good choice, since you can spontaneously cast summoning spells. Crafting magic items is something you should talk about with other players so you won't have too much redundancy, but I find that having something like Craft Wondrous Items in the party is usually a good idea. Depending on how available magic items are in your campaign, something like Brew Potion(or Craft Wand if at least one of the sorcerer's has UMD) might be good or even necessary just so someone can heal you in case you get knocked into negatives. If you do decide to pick up a crafting feat, make sure you read the rules for magic item crafting carefully, and make sure your GM is okay with having that in the campaign(some GMs are not). Having more than one crafting feat per PC is not advisable, since in my experience downtime is generally fairly limited, and crafting even relatively cheap items takes at least one day per item except for scrolls and potions.

>>48634952
When it comes to class abilities, unless the ability specifies CHARACTER level, it's always class level.
>>
im playing a wizard, and just leveled up to level 5. I've got no idea what feats to take, what should i take?
currently have Augment Summoning, Improved Initiative and Spell Focus (Conjuration)
>>
I want to be a dandy necromancer!

Is there a way to make my zombie flying mount more pleasing to look at? Is there a way to stop it from rotting or smelling bad?

Too bad skeletons can't fly..
>>
>>48635015
Academae Graduate
>>
>>48634352
You can take it as a bonus feat from the Weapon and Shield style list at level Ranger 2.
>>
>>48634974
According to our adventure, no, it wasn't doing anything besides commanding those zombies. I'm pretty new to DnD but I just thought a weakling like a brain in the jar shouldn't have the power to command 30 zombies.
>>
>>48634897
Reword this in English.
>>
File: horroricons.jpg (2MB, 2500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
horroricons.jpg
2MB, 2500x1000px
So what is the best of Horror Adventure and the worst?
>>
>>48635083
>Sadly, not compatible with the night stalker, which is its most complimentary archetype.
The serial killer should be stackable with the above archetype.
>>
So I'm working on a setting, and I'm looking to really differentiate the heavy armor wearers from the agile dodgers. I've come up with a combo of alternate rules that I think might work, but I wanna run it past some people to see if there are any major mechanically implications I'm overlooking that might break things too badly. Also, keep in mind as I present this that the group I plan to run it for is not heavy on optimizers (in fact, the only other player in the group that's good at optimization will likely have moved away by the time I get to run this), so I'm looking for advice based on a group that won't be going out of their way to break anything.

So, the idea is simple on the surface: I want to combine armor as damage reduction and 3.5's class-based defense bonus. Armor as DR is on the PFSRD, and for those who don't know of the defense bonus, it's basically the following: you gain a bonus to AC based on the highest armor proficiency you have (none +2, light +3, medium +4, heavy +6; +1 per 3 levels) which doesn't stack with armor bonuses to AC, but does stack with shields. However, my change would be that this bonus is a direct increase to your effective Dexterity bonus to AC, which means it doesn't apply while flat-footed, and it's limited by your armor's maximum Dexterity bonus.

I think this will give a very distinct difference, mechanically speaking, between those who wish to go lightly armored or unarmored and dodge attacks, and those who want to throw on the heaviest armor they can get and just rely on DR to no-sell all the hits they'll be taking thanks to their low AC. So, are there any glaring issues I'm missing that will break my game if I do this?
>>
>>48635076
Considering that in fiction, necromancers often command hundreds if not thousands of zombies, I don't see the problem.
>>
>>48635076
Well, like I said, it has a lot less to otherwise divide its brainpower.

Not to mention, it was likely crafted specifically TO control those zombies.

Basically, don't fret about it man.
>>
>>48635168
>>48635170
However, not sure if this is possible in PF.
>>
>>48635163
The description you want for the AC there is 'dodge bonus', which sounds strange in context but encapsulates what you want it to do mechanically.

Offhand I remember the armor-as-DR variant causing some issues in 3.5, it might be worth trying to find people discussing the pitfalls of that.
>>
>>48635206
I don't think brains in jars exist in pathfinder already, so what's the harm in the DM saying 'this brain controls these zombies'?
>>
>>48635206
Monsters often have abilities that aren't(easily) available to PCs. This is not a bad thing.
>>
>>48635212
I'm pretty sure these things do exist in PF, unless I'm misremembering?
>>
>>48635206
Another player who applied to my current campaign could control up to 1.4 million HD worth of undead with his build. His application was actually accepted as far as I know, but then he suddenly disappeared.
>>
>>48635211
A dodge bonus would not be limited by armor's maximum Dexterity bonus, which is a major limiting factor of combining the two abilities. The normal balance for the defense bonus is that it doesn't stack with armor, but when using armor as DR, that no longer applies, so I needed another way to balance it.
>>
What do you think of porting healing surges over to PF?
>>
>>48635263
I'd prefer using 5e's hit die based healing, myself. But I'd only use it for low-magic games without easy access to healing magic.
>>
>>48634781
>the way I see the spell it basically let me walk through a wall once a day and that's it
>Level sorcerer/wizard 7
>Effect ethereal 5-ft.-by-8-ft. opening, 10 ft. deep + 5 ft. deep per three levels
>Duration one usage per two levels
You can walk through up to 30ft thick wall, up to six times before it runs out. It's not clear how much other stuff you can take with you, but three usages with load up to Medium creature weight looks reasonable from spell description.
Does it look better now?
>>
>>48635015
Craft wondrous items if you regularly have downtime.
There are more summoning-focused feats but I'm not sure if wizard is good at summoning.
>>
>>48635306
>I'm not sure if wizard is good at summoning.

Except for healing if it's something spellcasting related, Wizard can be good at it.
>>
>>48635320
>Except for healing if it's something spellcasting related, Wizard can be good at it.
And unless the summon lists have been drastically changes since 3.5, wizards can even do healing by way of summoning creatures that can use healing SLA's.
>>
>>48635320
>if it's something spellcasting related, Wizard can be good at it
I dunno, 1 round casting time sounds like a pain. And an invitation to hit your squishy ass with any ranged attack opposition might have.
>>
>>48635345
I didn't say wizards can't do healing, I just said they're not good at it.
>>
>>48635225
Yes, it is. If an ability exists, then it should be acquireable by anyone. Shit like the Horror adventures "Hurr hurr fuck you you're an NPC now" shit shouldn't exist, ever.
>>
>>48635374
Wouldn't Acadame Graduate fix that?
>>
>>48635521
Huh. It's the first time I see someone mention it, and it's 8 years old.
>>
>>48635508
No, it's not. Shit like having Wish as an SLA is fine for monsters, but shouldn't ever be in the hands of a PC.
>>
>>48635635
>bind a monster with a wish SLA (say, a pleroma)
>you now have a wish SLA
Feels good to be the whizzard.
>>
>>48635648
>binding a pleroma
sure thing m8
>>
Why is legacy of dragons so shitty? Did adventurers who slew these dragons take all the good things?
>>
File: baby-dragons.jpg (41KB, 934x651px) Image search: [Google]
baby-dragons.jpg
41KB, 934x651px
So, as someone who spends a lot of time with animal companions due to enjoying them in general, I decided to check out the drake in comparison to animal companions, check out how they stack up.

To start us off, there's a few important notes; the Dragon type has a far and away better chassis than Animal. Better HD, all good saves, Full BAB versus 3/4, Far more skill points per level, wider selection of class skills, Darkvision, low-light vision, some immunities, and even a subtype for extra goodies. That and having above 2 intelligence means that it can actually converse with you.

The problem then, is stats. At level 1, a Drake's stats are as follows:
>Str 8
>Dex 17
>Con 11
>Int 4
>Wis 10
>Cha 7
It also has two attacks - a bite and a tail swipe, which deal minimal damage at this size and strength level, given drakes start out as tiny (which is about the size of a cat) putting it on par with a particularly sturdy familiar for combat capability. 1d4-1 and 1d3-1 don’t go a long way, though it has a pretty solid chance to hit, so buffing its damage with a spell (Magic fang or bull’s strength for instance) can make it a lot better.

Meanwhile, generally considered "best" animal companion, the Allosaurus, has the following stats:
>Str 14
>Dex 16
>Con 10
>Int 2
>Wis 15
>Cha 10
And it has three attacks right off the bat; a bite and two claws, giving it 1d6+3, and 1d4+2 x2, which is a lot better on the full attack than the drake.

The next milestone for the drake is level 5, and the animal companion is level 7; I’ll compare them at 5, 10, 15, and 20 to get a better look at how they develop, overall though, as that seems like it might be more important.

At level 5, our drake has finally hit small size! Yay! This has increased its stats by +4 Str, -2 dex, and +2 con, and the bite and tail slap damage have increased by one die step. It also starts threatening squares outside of the one it’s inhabiting, meaning it’s not liable to get itself dead trying to attack anymore.
>>
File: wyvern rider sm.jpg (329KB, 1000x660px) Image search: [Google]
wyvern rider sm.jpg
329KB, 1000x660px
Checking in at level 10, the allosaurus is the clear winner here; the drake can fly now, which is nice and all, but the dinosaur has just hit 22 strength, not including any stat boosts it might have, and it also has grapple, pounce, and large size, while the drake is still stuck down at medium. The drake also only has 16 strength if you haven’t been putting stat boosts into it (which you should be). The drake having access to “magical” natural weapons, the potential to have elemental damage added to its bite attacks, and access to flight means it pulls ahead in a few regards however.

At level 15, both the Drake and Allosaurus are large size, and while the allosaurus hasn’t been advancing, the drake has. It can now be mounted for the full Dragonrider thing, has 20+ strength, and its attacks are actually doing decent damage, especially if it took the Improved Natural Attack feat, since that would set its bite damage up to 3d6. It also has several powers that Animal Companions can’t really access and has a greater BAB overall. A lot more HP at this point too, better saves, and far and away better natural armor. At level 13, it finally pulled ahead of the point that the Allosaurus hit at level 7.

At level 20, the Drake has hit Huge size, and if you’ve put all your stat boosts into strength, it’s now at 28 strength, it has more powers, its better defensively in all ways than the animal companion, has a 15 foot threatened range, and hits pretty damn hard.
>>
File: DragonShaman.jpg (278KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DragonShaman.jpg
278KB, 1280x720px
The end result? At low levels, an animal companion is unquestionably a better choice, and your character is going to need to be able to handle things on their own until at least level 5, when the drake becomes almost passable as a combatant; this means that your best bet for one of the drake using classes is one of the casters, as spellcasting is always useful as a personal action, and casting buffs on the drake will allow it to make contributions earlier on. Past level 10, though, the drake is superior, making this an unfortunately lategame option, but if you’re starting in a mid-high level game anyways, it really shouldn’t be an issue.

Given that choosing a martial class for this guts its effectiveness, I’ll just look at the Druid and the Shaman for choices here.

Druid gives up the animal companion/domain choice (of course) and a bunch of ribbon abilities, and they also get bonuses to knowledge (Arcana and History) rather than Nature and Survival, which is something of a lateral move. It loses Wildshape for Dragon shape which is… not good, but not really bad either, just delayed for how good it is. This is more like delaying your abilities than losing them entirely, so I’d say it’s a downgrade unless you’re starting the game at high level, in which case it’s once again more of a lateral move.

Shaman, meanwhile, loses a few important things. The loss of the “Witch Hex” choice hurts, given the only really big thing you lose out from there is the Slumber hex, it’s not terrible. Losing Spirit, Spirit Animal, and the Hexes at level 4 and 10 is actually managable; it breaks down your versatility a bit, but you’re a 9th level caster so you’re versatile already, given they have access to their whole list like a cleric or druid. Given all this, the shaman actually loses the least out of all available classes to get access to the drake companion, meaning we may actually have a reason to play the damn thing now.
>>
To note, if you intend to ride your drake, you'll have to tank all but one of the drake powers into making it a viable flier, because -8 from Clumsy is not acceptable.
>>
I'm planning on using Lesser Planar Binding on a bearded devil, but i'm only level 7 and I'm not particularly sure of my charisma. Are there any good debuffs I can apply to it that will last for quite a bit while i bargain with it? Any good buffs that i can apply to myself while i bargain?

I already know i'm probably using Eagle's Splendor on myself, and probably Bestow Curse on the devil, but what else is there?

Also, would i be able to mantain concentration while casting spells on it? (for example: Bungle)
>>
>>48635953
Would i be able to maintain concentration while bargaining with it*
>>
>>48635761
>>48635765
>>48635771
Seems to me the easiest way to make the drake more viable as an early game option is to give it a size increase at level 1 and take away the size increase at 17. It'll hit huge at level 13, which is a little later than the Mammoth rider and makes it able to contribute to a fight right from the get-go.
>>
Why do people like Pathfinder?
>>
>>48635997
You're asking us? We don't. We're just here because we can't get into any other games.

We play it because it's what's available, not because it's good.
>>
>>48635997

It's more enjoyable and popular than 3.5
>>
>>48635997

Pathfinder is the only game i've found so far that covers so many bases with the wizard system.

You can summon minions, blast shit, enchant people, be a necromancer, be a utility mage, trasmute just about everything, create stuff from nothing, protect shit, diviniate.
>>
File: 16ae44c0c99af9d0891af4be71b7ecb5.png (325KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
16ae44c0c99af9d0891af4be71b7ecb5.png
325KB, 900x1125px
>>48634022
How do these map out to Pathfinder spells?
>>
>>48635997
...It's actually fun. I prefer shit like exalted for cinematic combat. But I can do all kinds of things with the characters that I don't have available in any other fantasy RPG I'm aware of. The ability to take any half-assed idea and turn it into an interesting character is why I haven't moved on to 5th.
>>
Is power attack worth it if you're using a 1h weapon?
>>
>>48636252
Those could all be covered by a combination of Sow Thought and Suggestion.
>>
How does PF compare to 4e?
>>
>>48636850

Far more customization. Less balanced.

I'll take the customization of PF.
>>
>>48632641

>tfw I will never mind control another PC

It hurts.
>>
>>48636850

A better question is how PF compared to 5e, the answer to which is "PF is better by sheer mass, but start learning 5e rules for when they get more content."
>>
>>48636805
If your TAB is high enough(or low enough), sure.
>>
File: 1411679882570.jpg (138KB, 714x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1411679882570.jpg
138KB, 714x1119px
Hello everyone, creator of the Blood Reaver, LotL, and Seneschal here.
My session this morning got cancelled due to one of the players being called into work, so here I am again a sad and broken man

Anyway, Since I'm currently satisfied with how the Lord of the Lash is at its current state, I'll just ask critique for the Eagle Eye Sniper for now. The poor thing has little to no critique on it, which has me super nervous.
>Eagle Eye Sniper is an initiating archetype for the Slayer, that specializes in the art of the distant stealth takedown, i.e. Sniping.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Jwv3vO27qPtUNcb4ntNN8H7EkcdtUlF3_xuKbf6R0Q/edit?usp=sharing

As always, brutal criticism, honesty, and comments are appreciated

>>48636850
4e is more balanced, but had a far weaker first impression and bad initial math (though most of it was fixed). It had fewer options compared to PF, but at least it had good monks.
Though I'm still slightly butthurt over how they handled Tieflings and Dragonborn.
>>
File: 26d691a4185ec1369b0465c7e85da53b.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
26d691a4185ec1369b0465c7e85da53b.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>48636840
No way.

1: Control Body psionic power
2: Dominate Person/Dominate Monster for Marisa
3: Suggestion
4: Charm Person/Unnatural Lust
>>
>>48636927

>for example: a 12th level eagle eye sniper wielding a longbow would deal an additional 2d8 precision damage when using this ability, plus an additional 1d6 for every 3ft his target is away from him

Friend, are you telling me a level 12 sniper shooting a target at the edge of their first range increment is doing 2d8+33d6 damage in one turn?

Because holy shit I love it but that damage is insane.
>>
File: A Quiet Life.png (167KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
A Quiet Life.png
167KB, 400x300px
>>48637032
Balls! I meant for that to be 5ft, changing it now.

I considered making it only 1d4 damage, or something else, but I's bad at maths.
How should I do the damages instead? make 1d4 based off of 10 ft?
>>
>>48635826
Pardon my ignorance, what book is the Drake companion in?
>>
File: comitted sudoku.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
comitted sudoku.png
342KB, 394x394px
>>48637068
>5ft
Meant 30 ft. I am illiterate today. Thats what I get for waking up extra early to make jalapeno stuffing for a bunch of Boy Scouts on their campout
>>
>>48632955
There's another way to go about it which takes a somewhat different route, although it's just as hilarious. Siegebreaker 2 into MoMS 2 into whatever else you want that grants bonus feats, maybe Brawler, grabbing Dragon and Tiger styles and taking Tiger all the way up to Tiger Claws. Grab Squash Flat and Ki/Spinning Throw.

Use a full-round action to Tiger Claw bull rush a target. That triggers an overrun and trip attempt from Squash Flat. The trip attempt triggers Spinning Throw, which grants another bull rush, which triggers another overrun.

And then you also grab Vicious Stomp and Greater Trip, so you make four AoOs against the same target in addition to the damage from the overrun/bull rush/initial hit, all of which are boosted by Dragon Style.
>>
>>48637081
Legacy of Dragons
>>
Anything worth using in Legacy of Dragons? I feel like Dragonheir Scion could be cool if you just add the hopefully missing text "Your Fighter levels act as your CL for the purposes of Arcane Strike"
>>
>>48637008
How do thrallherd's thralls and believers act? (3)?
>>
>>48637157
That trait from Xa Hoi seems pretty good, so is the Oracle stuff. Draconic Heritage isn't too bad either.
>>
>>48637032
Level 10 paizo-only figther with a bow have around 80-100 dpr. 33d6 is 115.5 damage on average.
>>
>>48637157
And when they realize that the Fighter does not gain bonust feats at fifth and third level.
>>
>>48637089
>>48637068

No no no, keep the 5 feet! You know what we need more of? Lone arrows flying out of forests downing guys one shot each, it's thematic as hell and the damage you're doing with One Shot One Kill is hardly more than what you'd get in a standard Full Attack.

I want to play this class, I want to play it bad!
>>
>>48637217

See >>48637333

I just realized that, and I'd *much* prefer shooting one arrow that does 150 damage from far away than shoot 7 arrows and do 120 damage.
>>
>>48633787
The problem there is that the pf mounted rules are a mess, which would by default make any discipline using them be a worse mess.
>>
>>48637333
See that I dunno about. You can hit 2200 feet with a Distance Composite longbow, which would be 440d6. Changing it to 30 feet/d6 is a more reasonable 73-ish at max range.
>>
File: 1396476757855.png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1396476757855.png
3KB, 200x200px
>>48637397
>You can hit 2200 feet with a Distance Composite longbow, which would be 440d6.

Friend, if you're firing accurately from that distance I'd *want* that arrow to kill anything that moves.

You're firing for a Full Round Action, anyway!
>>
>>48637413
Not too hard, Far Shot and a single level of Sniper Slayer/Rogue. No penalties for any range.
>>
>>48637397
>>48637413
Just give it a cap of 2d6/level (as disintegrate) or 3d6/level.
>>
>>48637333
>>48637397
How about a compromise? 20ft sound cool?

Also, personally, I was hoping that only making one shot would help people want to use Heavy Crossbows, but now I've been reminded that they still won't be as good damage wise compared to Compound Longbow. Now I am sad
>>
File: 1457629995288.png (96KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
1457629995288.png
96KB, 519x370px
>>48637448
>>48637450

I just wanted my dream of being a cool gorilla warfare specialist sniping people with one arrow from very far away.
>>
>>48632641

That image is actually adorable.
>>
>>48637468
20 feet is also better for math. I don't think anything has a range increment that's easily divisible by 3.
>>
>>48637485
You can already do that with a Rogue
>>
>>48636906
>This is what pf fags actually believe
>>
>>48637468
What about if the value was based on the range increment of the weapon? Gains bonus 1d6 if it's 10-50, 2d6 if it's 50-100, 3d6 if it's 100+, Distance doubles the value, and then you multiply that by the number of range increments (so a dagger would deal 5d6 if thrown 50 feet, a Distance bow would deal 60d6 if fired to max range, etc.)
>>
>>48634798
Just use DHB's UC fighter
>>
>>48637539
Pathfinder has objectively more content than 5e, that's true even if you discount the borked shit.
>>
If something requires BAB 6 can you take it at level 6 or does it need to be level 7?
>>
>>48637539

Anon, I'm saying you should get ready to move over to 5e because it *is* a better system, it just needs more fleshing out.
>>
>>48637777
I think he took umbridge with the "it's better because it has more" thing. I disagree with it as well, as I think the game is bogged down by too much content at the moment, some of it wildly overpowered, some of it unusable (similar to Rifts, actually). I do like how easy it is for me to fulfill a concept in Pathfinder, though. Literally no effort. I just wish there weren't so many useless and "you have to take this" options.
>>
>>48637849
>I think the game is bogged down by too much content at the moment
I fundamentally don't get this at all. Why is more content a bad thing? How is something "bogged down" by more content?
>>
>>48637873
I explained that, actually. Too much of the content in Pathfinder is stuff that no one will ever use, usually because it's flat terrible. It's almost ivory tower in design because someone could take one of those trap options because they like the name or flavor, and end up worse than everyone else in the party.

That being said, you can always limit the content to the books you do want to use, which for me is usually just Core Rulebook, Advanced Players, Ultimate Equipment, and Advanced Class.
>>
>>48637908
It's well known that a lot of the content is deliberatly underpowered. Armor master handbook feats allow you to deal fall damage to your armor instead of yourself? wow. So worth a feat.

The point is that there are a few notable exceptions (pre level 10) that really are just fucking game breaking. A lot of the content has to be deliberately nerfed in order to keep that true.
>>
File: 1469198584692.jpg (145KB, 628x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1469198584692.jpg
145KB, 628x1273px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me how you'd build a decent party out of four 6-th level casters?
>>
>>48638036
Literally pick any of them. It will work out fine.
>>
>>48638036
Four Alchemists.
>>
>>48638019
>wow. So worth a feat.
It is if your DM's dungeon design makes gratuitous use of the Z-axis. Like me.
>>
>>48638036
Four Wizards would work well.
>>
>>48638019
Indeed. The Paizo team seems to be of the mind of "just include as much stuff as possible, don't worry if it's viable." Which is something I dislike in design, both in tabletop and in video games.

I would have figured Paizo would create a Pathfinder 2nd edition or a different game entirely by now. I understand that they have a huge fanbase that just wants more Pathfinder, but I'd like them to move on. I'm only slightly interested in Starfinder, because I feel like it's going to be exactly the same as Pathfinder, just in space.
>>
>>48634022
3>4>1>2
>>
>>48638063
then fucking get feather fall or something. Don't spend a feat on damaging your armor.
>>
>>48638070
Agreed.
>>
>>48638078
Seriously. Ring of Feather Fall or Boots of the Cat.
>>
>>48632666
>>48632681
Throw out Timeworn shit, just give them the normal loot. Be sure your players are prepared to deal with hardness. weep when they wipe on Furkas Xoud.
>>
File: 110032-eba.jpg (27KB, 468x274px) Image search: [Google]
110032-eba.jpg
27KB, 468x274px
>>48638036
How about a party of 3-4 bards?
>>
>>48638103
A lot of what they do doesn't stack. maybe if you take the archetypes that remove inspire courage...
>>
>>48638102
>Furkas Xoud.
I've heard this fight is hard. Why?
>>
>>48638124
There are also teamwork feats for bards specifically that let them boost the DCs and bonuses of performances.
>>
Does armor penalizes the use of scrolls and wands?
>>
What's a reasonable weekly income for a mine, assuming the cost of someone to manage it and the wages of 4-10 employees are taken out first.
>>
>>48638227

What's the mine producing and how rich are the veins?
>>
File: prototype moe.png (546KB, 620x736px) Image search: [Google]
prototype moe.png
546KB, 620x736px
>>48637849
>I do like how easy it is for me to fulfill a concept in Pathfinder
Gib shapeshifting. Hard mode: that doesn't suck. Impossible: without spellcasting attached.
>>
>>48638227
What are you mining? Coal? Iron? Gold?

Your income would come from selling whatever it is you mine to those that can process it.
>>
>>48637568
>>48637485
>>48637517
>>48637468
>>48637450
Well remember, on top of the damage from distance, you also got damage based on your weapon and iteratives, all on one attack roll.

Let me crunch some numbers, using this dice calculator I just got off of google

So a 12 level guy would be dealing 1d10 normal damage, and 2d12+X20ftd6 precision damage. At the edge of his first range increment, this would total to be 3d10+8d6 (the extra 2d6 is from sneak damage) damage.
a random online calculator I found says the average is 44-45 damage without modifiers, which then gets bumped up to from 47-48 with Studied Target bonuses.
At 220 ft its 3d10+11d6+3 which averaged to 58 damage, and at 330 ft its 3d10+27d6+3 which averages to 115 damage.
At max 10 increments (1100 ft) its 3d10+55d6+3, which averages to 212 damage with a min-max of 164-260. hope you're willing to eat that -20 penalty to attack

Now this is without bonuses and things from other sources, however this does seem a tad low, however if we tweak it to every 10ft, then we get
3d10+14d6+3 which averages out to 68-69 at 110 ft, and at 330ft its 3d10+33d6+3 which averages to 136 average damage. At max 10 increments its 3d12+110d6+3 the average hits over 400 damage.
This is a tad too much

Now keep in mind, with these averages the damage mins and max range do swing quite a bit.

So I'd say having the d6 increase by 20ft increments might be the better, less ridiculous choice.

Goodness all this math gave me a bad taste in my math, and I barely can still understand a good amount of it. If this is what calculating damages does to a person, no wonder BP is such an autist
>>
>>48638233
>>48638243

Oh, and another important question; are they simply selling the raw ore, or are they extracting the metals on-site and producing bullion, slabs or ingots?
>>
>>48638236
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/shapeshifter

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/lycanthrope

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-kitsune#TOC-Standard-Racial-Traits
>>
File: Dawnborn_smallCaps.png (21KB, 998x337px) Image search: [Google]
Dawnborn_smallCaps.png
21KB, 998x337px
Why haven't you guys jumped ship to DSP's new system in /Dawnborn General/ yet?

>>48635373

Why play Pathfinder when DSP is giving you a new RPG?
>>
>>48638236
Manifesting technically isn't spellcasting. :^)
>>
>>48638282
Because they are using a bad system, making minimal changes, and offering nothing new or interesting.
>>
>>48638282
Because I'm still waiting for the next version of the playtest after Gareth takes the initial feedback to the Mechanics folk and makes it not just M&M.

Also, I'm not too well acquainted to M&M
>>
File: Absolutely Corrupting.png (2MB, 938x703px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Corrupting.png
2MB, 938x703px
>>48638282
>momiji OP
>>
>>48638282
Sell me on it.
>>
>>48638283
Oh yeah, completely forgot. IMPOSIBRUx2: that doesn't last 1 minute per level until you get shapechange. Why only druids are allowed to have fluffy tail or be spies out of combat?
>>
>>48638320
It's M&M with most content removed and nothing added to replace it.
So, just a barebones husk of Mutants & Masterminds.
>>
File: 462873-smith5.jpg (43KB, 1024x532px) Image search: [Google]
462873-smith5.jpg
43KB, 1024x532px
>>48638314
>someone else uses your shitty shooped meme
>>
>>48638336
I'm actually not the author. I downloaded it from /pfg/ and later reused.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>48638328
It doesn't sound like you want me to try it at all.

But really, I've never played Mutants & Masterminds. So all I'm getting from this is that a playtest doesn't have a lot in it yet.
>>
>>48638378
>It doesn't sound like you want me to try it at all.
At least I'm honest.
>>
>>48638364
I know, I am, hence my greentext and happy reaction pic.
reading comprehension m8y
>>
>>48638282
Because I'm not a fan of M&M.
>>
>>48638398
Well, fuck, I can't read.
>>
>>48638138
He's a wizard that if your PCs don't kill him ASAP or make a DC 30 perception check he'll wipe your party with his bullshit unique abilities on top of being a high level ghost wizard.
>>
>>48638245
>Spoiler
Turn back. Nothing but disappointment in tabletop games and frustrated arguments await you down this path.
>>
>>48638243
>>48638233
>>48638227

Not that guy, but let's assume I find a rich vein of gold ore in the World's Edge Mountains (located in Taldor) and I not only set up an extraction operation, but I put up some processing to convert the ore directly into bullion. I've hired teams to mine the ore, process the ore, ship the ore, and guys to guard it.

What sort of profit per week am I looking at?
>>
>>48634781
Maybe the door can be used like a TRAP door. Use it on the second floor of a building and drop some fuckers through the floor.
>>
>>48638459
It depends on how much you pay all of those people. I mean, that's a shit load of employees, you could end up with little to no profit.
>>
>>48638459
How does gold work in Golarion anyway? Is gold coin uniform currency, or each nation have its own?
Are you sure you won't be killed by the thing that prevented people before you from mining that gold?
>>
>>48638498
Paper money only works on the honor system enforced by big businesses; Coins represent barter due to their value, therefore a gold coin, as long as it weighs the same as a gold coin from halfway across the world, has the same value due to the precious nature of the metal it's made from.
>>
>>48638448
The difficulty of the encounter varies heavily based on your party. We grappled him with Telekinetic Maneuver on round one the moment he entered line of effect and beat him to death while he struggled against it.
>>
>>48638498
Let's assume he's cleared it out and has it very well protected. Enough that it won't get in the way of profits.
>>
>>48638498
The economy works by being in a game and no one looking at it too closley. Seriously. Some real life countries can't figure out an economy, so expecting the one that pazioshit writers write to be anything near sane is too much.

>>48638522
Well he will have to keep it secret too. Nothing attracts local "lords" and villains like a profitable venture that can be...repruposed.
>>
File: 1451354685741.jpg (57KB, 317x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451354685741.jpg
57KB, 317x800px
>>48638540
>>48638522
>>48638498
>>48638492

I just wanted a fun source of consistent income that would give the DM easy quest-hooks.
>>
>>48638583
It's a very economical thing. Ownership is difficult.

I think there might be something in Ultimate Campaign that would help. Let me take a look.
>>
>got in an argument
>trying to prove a point
How do I make this ethically bankrupt sorcerer more ethically bankrupt?
>>
>>48638583
>>48638599
Well, there's good new and bad news. Good news is that there IS something in Ultimate Campaign that covers this.

Bad news? It sucks. Just like everything Paizo does. In short, your gold is gained yearly.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/campaignSystems/investment.html
>>
>>48638611
Put them in the banking sector.
>>
File: 1463875345836.png (342KB, 682x637px) Image search: [Google]
1463875345836.png
342KB, 682x637px
>>48638299
>>48638310
>>48638408
Isn't M&M 3e still waaaaaaaaaaaaay better a d20 system than Pathfinder?
>>
>>48638653
No. Not at all.
>>
>>48638611

Still trying to find a way to make your party stop husbando-ing you?
>>
>>48638653
Debatable. I've had more fun playing PF than M&M.
>>
>>48638233
>>48638243

The player has asked for a gemstone mine, so assuming uncut gemstones on an average vein. I'm sure gem mining doesn't work all too similarly to mining metals, but for the sake of this I'd rather just try to keep it simple. In-game location is Varisia's Fogscar Mountains.
>>
>>48638611
Drop overland flight for teleport. There are other ways to fly, their aren't other ways to teleport.

you might want to take the feats that allow your mind-affecting spells to affect normally mind-affecting-immune enemies. I forgot their names.
>>
>>48638255
At this point, raw materials only, they're going to have to invest more if they want to process the materials on-site.
>>
>drake companions have all good saves
>good starting stats
>gets unique powers
>d12 hit die
>higher int at level 1 so it already gets skills
Why are they bad again?
>>
>>48638227
You could always use the downtime rules for this. Throw a few structures down and hire a team. The income is generally pretty trivial, but it's fun and gives rules for expanding and such.
>>
>>48638748
That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't find rules for a mine in Ultimate Campaign. Is there anything in later rulebooks?
>>
>>48638744

Don't they start at Tiny and only hit Large at 13, or something like that?
>>
>>48638744
Tiny at level 1. Have to spend 4/5 'powers' to be able to fly in any direction than straight down. It's explicitly stated that they have their own opinion on everything. Evil alignment. Usually replace far more class feature than they are worth.
>>
>>48638666
Why not?
>>
so my group is starting a 6th level game, and I'm rolling up a kobold gunslinger. All the character generators I've found online are shite though. Anyone have a tip on where I can go or what I can download to make this 6th level kobold gunslinger in a quick and efficient manner?
>>
>>48638940
PCGen?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/
>>
>>48638940
>kobold gunslinger
pls don't. Kobold alchemist is so much better.

YAPCG is the best by far. Others are generally shit.
>>
>>48638985
I'm not really going for optimization, or effectiveness, I just really like the idea of a kobold in a serape.

>>48638980
>>48638985

thanks for the top, I'll give this one a try!
>>
>>48639018
>I'm not really going for optimization, or effectiveness, I just really like the idea of a kobold in a serape.
A Kobold Spellslinger1/SorcererX?
>>
>>48638940

YAPCG is the best. It's not as up to date as I'd like, but it's easily the best short of HeroLab, which requires large numbers of money.
>>
>>48639059
>requires large numbers of money
like over 100$ if you want all of the books. It's stupid.
>>
>>48639059
>>48638985

yeah, YAPCG was the first I downloaded. but it looks pretty excel specific, and my open office spreadsheet program is having trouble opening it.

gonna give PCGen a try, hopefully that'll do it.
>>
>>48639161

PCGen is pretty terrible last I checked. Maybe you could just give us all the character info and we could bang out a pdf for you?
>>
>>48639161
>and my open office spreadsheet program is having trouble opening it
You need to pirate excel to get it to work. It is 100% worth it.
>>
File: mfw multiple faces.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mfw multiple faces.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>48636927
So, anymore comments, criticisms, or anything other than that bit on damage for One Shot, One Kill?
I NEED feedback. HURT ME MOAR!
>>
>>48638715
>>48638459

Friendly reminder that mountains are terrible places to mine for minerals due to the hard rock and inaccessibility.

The vast majority of mining occurs in hills.
>>
>>48639174
I've got microsoft office on my laptop. I'll throw YAPCG on that and give it a go. Though if you happen to have a torrent or DDL to the office suite lying around...

>>48639173
I'm gonna exhaust all my options first, but that's a mighty kind offer and I thank you for it.
>>
File: ebin.png (645KB, 795x1063px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
645KB, 795x1063px
How ebin are Ebin's bardic memes?
>>
>>48638672
That is in fact a different mindrapist, anon. It's possible he is having the same problem though.
>>
>>48632884
That's cute.
>>
>>48638611
>16 year old kitsune mind rapist boy

Wew lad.

Is he cute?
>>
>>48639558
>Alcohol-damaged liver
Should Cure Disease be able to fix that?
Then again, I'd also imagine that few clerics would want to heal this evil little shit
>>
>>48639601
Good lord I just noticed that part. I seriously hope he had to roll age when he got that that like I made the mistake of doing

At least he's not 16 and 6 foot.
>>
>>48639601
>29 cha
Probably the cutest thing that isn't a god.
>>
Is there a list anywhere of third party products that have /pfg/'s seal of approval?
>>
>>48639762
I actually just left those as the default...

>>48639768
Mostly DPS only. Other stuff is of bad quality. Even DPS stuff should only be used by experienced players/dms.
>>
>>48639768
/pfg/ is not one person.
However, DSP, DDS (with many exceptions), and RH are safe bets
>>
>>48639768
The usual suspects. Psionic and Initiator classes from DSP, SoP from DDS, and smattering of good quality homebrew like Ertw's Beguiler.
>>
>>48639799
>RH
Did they make anything except pact magic? Is book 3 out?
>>
>>48639767

Arueshalae has 29 Charisma.
>>
>>48639799
What's RH?
>>
File: gunslinger class missing.png (173KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
gunslinger class missing.png
173KB, 1366x768px
>>48639350
>>48639161

anyone able to explain why gunslinger isn't in the classes on YAPCG?
>>
>>48639869

Enable Firearms in options
>>
>>48639869
It is. You just need to set it in your options tab. YAPCG is nice in that it usually keeps you from breaking ANY rules.
>>
>>48639866
Radiance House
>>
>>48639866
Radiance House. They ported over Pact Magic
>>
File: Spotting the Loot.gif (2MB, 488x291px) Image search: [Google]
Spotting the Loot.gif
2MB, 488x291px
>>48639768
It looks like adding Legendary Games to the list might be a thing too, considering how well-received the Legendary Vigilantes playtest was. Jolly showing up to talk directly to us probably helped that.

Legendary Vigilantes can't come out soon enough, desu. Even just a second playtest would tide me over.
As much as I hate Auganas and his "not a furry"-furry bullshit, I unironically like the Kitsune ART's from everyman gaming
>>
>>48639884
>>48639890

gotcha. any idea how I can enable wild forest kobold as an alt racial trait?
>>
what should be unchained next?
>>
>>48639997
Mark Seifer
>>
>>48639841
Aren't they doing the 1+2 compilation first?
>>
Why is the thought of being mind controlled by a caring master so damn arousing? I'm not even into rape fantasy normally.
>>
>>48639997
Gunslinger or swashbuckler?
>>
File: Discomfort.png (15KB, 127x156px) Image search: [Google]
Discomfort.png
15KB, 127x156px
>>48640159
>>
>>48640159
Forgot to quote this anon:
>>48632884

>>48640208
Eh.
>>
Been outta the loop for the past two months.
Can someone clue me in a bit?

Any big releases?
Any new playtests by DSP?
>>
What's better, a DEX-based unchained monk or a STR-based one?
>>
File: Wallpaper.jpg (896KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper.jpg
896KB, 2048x1362px
>>48633276
>>48633294
Here I am the madman posting on 4chan during my lunch break. I am curious as to any form of feedback, or any form of talk. However I have a more important point to place, a few questions to pose.

What do you want to see most out of the Unchained Cavalier? (now that hard pressed development is underway, it's likely to change)

What does the Unchained Fighter not yet provide that you want to see?

Thank you everyone for your support.
>>
File: 129340459557.jpg (2MB, 3248x2496px) Image search: [Google]
129340459557.jpg
2MB, 3248x2496px
>>48640159
How often do you get mind controlled in games, /pfg/?
>>
>>48640360

We got leaks from Paizo's dragon book and their horror book. A few neat options and concepts from both, but the majority are either downgrades or just plain terrible.
>>
>>48640386
I only mind controlled other PC's on several occasions, but I never got mind controlled myself.
;_;
>>
>>48640360
Fools Errand. It's like Not borked broken blade

Medic, originally going to be an EX initiating healer class but got SU abilities because muh resurrection.

Still DSP's new RPG that's gonna be dead on arrival went into alpha yesterday.
>>
File: 1408686606971.jpg (115KB, 800x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1408686606971.jpg
115KB, 800x1173px
/pfg/, i'm working on a homebrew that involves EX Bombs, and I need advice on some higher level bombs to make.
So far I got Shrapnel, Flashbangs, Concussive, and the ability to alter yield to favor either damage or splash.

Any other types of bombs you think are necessary, 2 will be gained at 15th level, and another 2 will be at 20th level.
>>
>>48640386
>>48640159

The only thing harder to pull off than being mind controlled is playing the character doing the mind control.

All I want is to be the kindly master of a dutiful ladyknight or spunky sorceress!
>>
>>48640374
>What do you want to see most out of the Unchained Cavalier? (now that hard pressed development is underway, it's likely to change)
Not being tied to a fucking mount that won't be able to accompany him on 90% of the adventures he goes on.
>>
File: 129340461893.jpg (2MB, 3248x2496px) Image search: [Google]
129340461893.jpg
2MB, 3248x2496px
>>48640393
>>48640411
Tell me more. What were your characters like? Why did they mind control the other PCs?
>>
>>48640430
The last time I got to dominate a party member was when they willingly got Geassed into something they shouldn't do and I (again, with their consent) dominated them to override that.
>>
>>48640360
2hu drove away Forrest and made Gareth drink himself into depression.
>>
File: 1462300352593.jpg (146KB, 550x707px) Image search: [Google]
1462300352593.jpg
146KB, 550x707px
>>48640445
>mind control to fight mind control

Why isn't this more common in games?
>>
>>48640451
Gareth was already doing that though, and more than just 2hu drove away Forrest (although they are the prime example).
>>
>>48640472
It was pretty much 2hu who was the MAIN factor in driving away Forrest. He admitted it. We have proof.
>>
>>48640469
>>48640445

It sounds like the other party member was into it, not gonna lie.
>>
>>48640496
You gonna show this "proof" or are you going to just say "look through the logs in the IRC/old threads from who knows what day"?
>>
File: 2009.05.14.00_speak-on-command.png (377KB, 811x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2009.05.14.00_speak-on-command.png
377KB, 811x1000px
>>48640508
Did she want to do it again?
>>
>>48640427
Take Ghost Rider!
>>
so do racial negatives to ability scores (say a -4 to str and -2 to con) give me more points to buy ability scores with? like if a human reduced two abilities by those amounts, they'd get an extra 6 or 7 points to spend. at chargen, right? so if
>>
>>48640386

Never. A strong Will save is pretty much mandatory for every character I make, even if they pick up immunities somewhere down the line. It's worked out pretty well for me thus far.
>>
>>48640613
No. They are like stat bonuses, the +2 of humans doesn't reduce your points either, right?
Stop asking stupid questions and try using your brain.
>>
>>48640613
Nope.

http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html
>>
>>48639913
Thanks, I enjoyed it. I'll keep everyone updated on if we'll get a second playtest or not, and at worst, I do plan on having a playtest for at least one of the two kineticist books I plan on putting out in the future (seems like PDG is game for doing playtest now), so that should be fun. Fingers crossed, I might be able to get another PDG dev over here at some point.
>>
New Thread
>>48640721
>>48640721
>>48640721
>>48640721
>>
>page 4
>Vore
You are cancer.
>>
>>48640731
Go fuck yourself vorefag
>>
>>48640731
Ignore this nigger cancer

Actual general here

>>48640838
>>48640838
>>48640838
>>
>>48640363
STR
>>
Troll thread just got deleted, no idea if that guy asking for my classes is still here, but I was just about to post this
>>48642035
Here's one
http://pastebin.com/ZqSGrwwT

Can't find the other one, or at rather what I can find is another anon's version of it, I could have sworn I made my own but I did also make this domain
http://pastebin.com/271urVWv
>>
So could the spell Tears to Wine turn blood/brain fluids into alcohol?
>>
>>48638036
Bard, Hunter, Summoner, Spiritualist. You've got a party of seven combatants, all being buffed by the Bard's music.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.