[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do if everything is considered overpowered?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

In one of my pathfinder games I've been trying to figure out how to plan out my next back up character but everything I make is considered overpowered by the DM.

To start with I rolled up a necromancer, base class shaman, with the explanation that'd I'd only have one undead. DM was cool with it but when I created my first undead, a basic skeleton, he mentioned their were enemies in the campaign that can seize undead instantly with no save at range. He talked about it and he straight up told me if I raised any minions I'd be a liability to the party, so my necromancer reverted to a basic shaman and completely ruined the back story I made to it which was necromancy focused. Because the character was built for necromancy I went from potentially strong to laughably weak compared to the rest of the party.

While discussing what I could roll up with in case I died, which is now likely, I mentioned I'd probably roll up a goblin alchemist. The DM then informed me alchemist was banned for being overpowered. I showed him the stat build for it and he still thought it was over powered.

My damage was 3d6+7 max at our level (6th) against a single target, with a DC 16 for save versus splash. My AC is 22 while buffed via mutagen.

It's decent damage and AC but I was told it was far too powerful, which was mildly annoying because one player who is playing a dragon trapped in human form (seriously) adds additional damage based on dice rolls when using fire spells (5d4+5, 4d6+4, 6d6+6 etc.) and way outpaces the alchemist by nearly triple the damage.

I was mainly building for flavor as a reckless scrap scavenging goblin but it was shot down. So I thought about rolling up as a barbarian as the party had one that was focused on mounted combat, figured I'd roll up a decent damage absorber and front liner.

No archetypes, no ridiculously abilities, just a barbarian with a strength of 18. I was told this was also overpowered. Without quitting the game what should I do?
>>
>>48629150
Quit the game. Your dm is a Colossal Douchenozzle(cr 18)
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1252x1252px
>>48629150
>Nothing.
>>
Play a god wizard. You won't deal much if any damage but you will truly be overpowered. Your DM probably won't notice because he sounds like a moron.
>>
>>48629150
>>48629246
Your DM sounds like a cunt.
>>
File: 1275013554635.jpg (36KB, 450x300px)
1275013554635.jpg
36KB, 450x300px
>>48629150
1. Toss them a character concept and tell them to make a character.
2. Wait until they give you the sheet, then jam a bread knife into their organs seven or eight times and stick them in your bathtub.
3. Fill the bathtub with bleach and let them sit for two weeks or so, then grind the bones to a fine powder, mix them with excrement, wrap it in saran wrap, and put it in a box.
4. Put the box in another box.
5. Put THAT box in another box.
6. Mail it to yourself.
7. When it arrives, punt it into a medical waste depository and forget this unperson ever DMed for you.
>>
>>48629150
Your DM is brain damaged from playing Pathfinder. You should leave, lest you suffer the same fate.
>>
>>48631163
God wizard?
>>
>>48631679
Just play a wizard and realize there are lots of powerful things to do beyond "dealing HP damage in combat"
>>
>>48629150
Seriously?
The problem isn't you, its your GM.
If they can't help you make a "Non-Overpowered" character or are unwilling to but allow a cheese monkey concept, politely take your friend aside(this is your friend right?) and tell him that this a double-standard, he's not been helpful, you've compromised to work with him but he needs to compromise too.

If you approach him politely with your valid complaints and he's an asshole, well, you've identified the problem and you might as well find another group no matter how hard it might seem.
>>
>>48629150
OP or UP are relations of power.
If everyone is UP nobody is because of relative power, same goes if everyone is OP.

Syndrome was 100% right, in a world where everyone has powers nobody is really super.
>>
>>48629150
If you aren't me and can stomach the idea, ask him to make you a couple premades.

Watch as he either makes things that are gimped to hilarity or contradicts himself with some cheese build.

Call him out on it.

Perhaps give him a class or a concept to work his build around.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.