[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching other people play pen and paper rpgs is what got me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: swansong.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
swansong.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
Watching other people play pen and paper rpgs is what got me into it at first, namely itnejp's swan song The ending was a huge disappointment and it could've ended at titanfall for a much better ending in my mind. Is there any other series in this style I could watch or something I can show as an example to get people into playing?

Also discuss itmejps rollplay stuff too if you like
>>
Fun while it lasted but yeah, the ending fucked sucked: psychic mumbo jumbo and mystical bullshit in a show that was pretty grounded for the most part, and no main plots finished up satisfactorily. At least Mirrorshades embraced its weird soap-operaness and had a happy ending
>>
I don't think swan song was that good desu...maybe people just like it so much because it's a shiny turd in a sea of not so shiny turds.
>>
http://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/
>>
>>48623663

Was that supposed to be a final ending? I thought that was supposed to be like a "season closer" and then they're going to do the Swan Song Stories thing for a bit, before they come back with more of the main show. Did I just make that all up?
>>
Show turned into a Adam/Steven wank by the end. Real shame too.
>>
>>48627906
They tried that but among a slew of recent changes to the RollPlay lineup SS was put on indefinite hiatus (or maybe it was cancelled outright)
>>
File: 1441223476008.png (515KB, 719x693px) Image search: [Google]
1441223476008.png
515KB, 719x693px
>>48628087
>they made a Rollplay patreon
>Spending time with Adam is all of the higher level rewards
>Swan Song cancelled
>West Marches cancelled
>new shows don't have Jeff, Steven, Wheat, Dodger, Gen, Ryan, Maggie or Jessie
>GRRL power show
>Adam is in everything
>no stretch goal for making JP actually learn the rules and to make a serious character

I don't even like Adam. Steven is/was my favorite DM in this shitshow.
>>
>>48628374
They need more DMs, Adam is a terrible DM and also a huge sjw. Honestly they need Neil
>>
>>48628417
Neil got really autistic at points, but shit actually happened with him. Adam has a really grating personality and he just oozes SJW garbage into everything.
>>
>>48628500
>That party where the entire party was supposed to die
>They survive because amazing rolls

Adam doesn't endanger the party ever, they always win
>>
>>48628417
They just announced a new show with a non-Adam GM.
>>
File: 1448223132034.jpg (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448223132034.jpg
1MB, 900x900px
Youtube - d6 Mafia - Threshold

Much, much better than Critical Role.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.