[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 51

File: 1466337043458.jpg (804KB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
1466337043458.jpg
804KB, 3984x2241px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>48592456
>Fuchi Cyberdeck ad 2054.trid
>Mitsuhama Cyberdeck ad 2074.trid
>How To Find God (and keep them away).knwsft
>Technomancer Jokes.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 190 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'CFD Decks: Headcases with Deckcases?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hacking.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Hacking edition
>>
Is Russia a shithole? I mean, is it a worse shithole than Bug City for example? My group will probably need to go there soon.
>>
>>48620891
Have you read the Sixth World Almanac part on russia?
>>
>>48620891
>Is Russia a shithole?
Yes.

>I mean, is it a worse shithole than Bug City for example?
Not even close. It's a shithole, but it's not a hellhole. As Russia ever was, it's just depressingly run-down, cold, and bleak most of the time.
>>
>>48620929
Nope. Gonna go do it. Any particular advice about handling ruskies besides what's in there?
>>
>>48620948
Everyone speaks Russian?

If they don't have a Russian speaker, it's gonna be a fun ride.

Also, have the police be a lot more militarized for funsies.
>>
>>48620948
Not really. Have them be cold to you unless you are acquainted. Also >>48620939 and >>48620966
also the Vory and the Russian Mafia are in conflict and the Vory control the government.

Oh, and here are some other sources on Russia
http://shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Russland#Quellenindex
>>
File: 1465476616358.jpg (157KB, 1000x798px) Image search: [Google]
1465476616358.jpg
157KB, 1000x798px
>>48620891
Yakut took a lot of the territory, the Vory are everywhere, and it's got a USSR-style bureaucratic dictatorship, with heavy army and Church influences on the culture, and EVO on the business side.

>>48620824
Isn't 'Harlequin's illegitimate daughter' already a character? Or did some poor GM have to put up with Frosty as a PC before she was locked into the fluff books?
>>
I'm seriously considering making a Troll Face. A social adept with the various Troll charisma-focused cyberware and bioware enhacenements.

But what metavariant should I use as my base? It seems like I have two candidates - Fomorians and Giants. Both have a Charisma of 1/5(9) instead of 1/4(8), so it seems like either could make a solid base.

The plus side for Fomorians is that they get to keep their horns, but they cost an extra +10 karma compared to a giant. Giants, on the other hand, only cost +2 karma compared to a base troll, but instead of having horns they have weirdass bark skin.

Which do you guys think would look better in a suit? And if it's a Fomorian, do you think they'd look enough better for it to be worth the extra 10 karma?
>>
>>48621002
>Or did some poor GM have to put up with Frosty as a PC before she was locked into the fluff books?
That's usually how these things go.
>>
>>48621005
Why not Minotaur? Make him a nosy greek or something.
>>
File: Fomori.jpg (285KB, 800x993px) Image search: [Google]
Fomori.jpg
285KB, 800x993px
>>48621005
The issue with Giants is that they are even more giant than most trolls. So it's going to be hard to do much in social situations but loom, and Ghost help you if you meet in a location with a low ceiling.

>>48621032
>being a Greek

You are one step away from being removed
>>
>>48621032
>Why not Minotaur?
Because their maximum natural Charisma is 4, not 5. Giant and Fomorians, specifically, have one higher maximum Charisma than normal trolls.

>>48621047
>The issue with Giants is that they are even more giant than most trolls. So it's going to be hard to do much in social situations but loom, and Ghost help you if you meet in a location with a low ceiling.
Fair. But how do they look in a suit?
>>
>>48621054
>Fair. But how do they look in a suit?
"You're a big troll."
>>
>>48621054
>Giant
>in a suit
GL
>>
>>48620966
>Also, have the police be a lot more militarized for funsies.
More militarised than what? Lone Star has attack helicopters and a slew of military hardware.
>>
>>48621054
Remember the mad dosh you have to spend on a designer-tier suit? Multiply it by ten.
>>
>>48621054
>Fair. But how do they look in a suit?

Like a over ten feet tall human with bark-like hide in a suit. You're spared the horns, though.
>>
>>48621054
>Giant and Fomorians, specifically, have one higher maximum Charisma than normal trolls
It's a minor difference. People were making face trolls with slightly less than 20 dice social rolls long before RF or CF, so it's not like you *need* the charisma to do it.
>>
>>48621092
Probably much less like that after bio & cyber attempts to humanise them.
>>
File: Troll It Was The 70's.png (327KB, 298x491px) Image search: [Google]
Troll It Was The 70's.png
327KB, 298x491px
>>48621111
>getting metatype reduction

>spitting in the face of your troll forefathers

Go jump off a bridge, wanna-breeder
>>
>>48620929
Is there a Sixth World Almanac or 5e?
>>
>>48621130
>spitting in the face of your troll forefathers
"My troll forefather was my dad, a human who goblinized and hated being a troll."

Metatypes don't have long, rich cultures that stretch back hundreds of years. Many don't even have cultures that stretch back more than even a single generation.
>>
>>48621133
No. But not much has changed in the past few years internationally, aside from a different Matrix infrastructure
>>
>>48621133
>Is there a Sixth World Almanac or 5e?
yes in fact there are both the SWA and 5e. you didn't hallucinate either of them
Oh, my mean a SWA for 5e? nope
>>
>>48621005
Normal Troll. Female Supermodel. Also has a day job, actual supermodel for Renraku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRivqBxbHRs
>>
>>48621146
>Metatypes don't have long, rich cultures that stretch back hundreds of years

Tell that to Or'zet, you bledjeax.

Besides, goblinization nowadays is very rare, and troll lifespans are short with early maturity. Odds are good that a troll family has managed to fit three or four generations into the 50+ years since UGE.
>>
>>48621184
You are mixing up Trolls and Orks. Trolls have regular human lifespans.
>>
>>48621184
>troll lifespans are short with early maturity
They live 60 years naturally - much longer than orks, and barely shorter than humans - and Goblinization began in 2021. Trolls born as trolls, rather than goblinized as trolls, are JUST starting to die of old age for literally the first time in recorded history.

The idea that orks/trolls have some kind of well-established culture is absurd.
>>
File: Watermelon Crush Thighs.webm (262KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Watermelon Crush Thighs.webm
262KB, 480x480px
>>48621166
>she doesn't make P2.1 videos for subscribers
>>
>>48621212
Check your privilege, keeb scum.
>>
>>48621235
you cant use that word. its OUR word
>>
File: Troll Mage.jpg (25KB, 320x463px)
Troll Mage.jpg
25KB, 320x463px
>>48621204
>>48621212
Troll average is 50 years. Given that they are generally undereducated and on the outskirts of society, it's not unlikely that they'd have families early and often, and IIRC trolls and orcs both go through puberty faster than humans.

Trolls as a whole don't have a well-established culture in the way that say, elves do (though the Black Forest Troll Republic is a thing) but the Or'zet Codex made it's impact. And I don't argue that trolls have some deep and rich culture, but it's equally erroneous to say that they have no culture at all. If nothing else, the books support the idea that trolls bond over the fact that they don't get good jobs, don't fit into the world of the smaller metatypes, and that they practise lost arts like cursive and body scrimshaw for self-expression.
>>
Which of the character creation systems is the most exploitable, and why?
>>
>>48621054
>But how do they look in a suit?
Looming

Possibly even more looming, thanks to the suit - you could look like a big walking monolith
>>
>>48621341
Always karmagen.
>>
>>48621378
Do you mean point buy system?
>>
>>48620988
krauts should really translate all that shit. looks much better than english wiki.
>>
Is Chummer missing Commanding Voice from Street Grimoire? All I see in there is Commanding Voice from Stolen Souls.
>>
>>48621485
I think the one in stolen souls replaces it.
>>
>>48621503
>I think the one in stolen souls replaces it.
Street Grimoire came out a month and a half after Stolen Souls did. If either replaced the other, it should be the other way around.
>>
>>48621533
Check the errata? I dunno, man. I know an SG errata came out; maybe something changed there.
>>
QUICK

You have 1 minute to name 10 spells you always pick for the starting mage character.
>>
>>48621485
>>48621503
>>48621533
>>48621545
P. 170, COMMANDING VOICE CHANGE The version of Commanding Voice on p. 185, Stolen Souls, stands. This power is changed to Authoritative Tone, costs 0.50 PP per level (max 3), and is described as follows: Adepts with this power can speak in a way that immediately makes people want to believe them and follow their orders. For every level of this power, an adept gains a +1 die to any Opposed Social Skill Test that they initiate (normal limits apply).
>>
File: Guard.gif (82KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Guard.gif
82KB, 600x450px
>>48621555
>always picking the exact same spells
>always picking maximum number of spells

fuck off
>>
>>48621555
Deflect
Improved Invisibility
Punch
Improved Reflexes
Heal
Manabolt
Physical Barrier
Trid Phantasm
Chaos World
Stunball (Or any other AoE spell.)
>>
>>48621555
>10 spells
Improved Invisibility, Increase Reflexes, Heal, Stunbolt, Powerbolt.

Everything else changes character to character.
>>
>>48621591
Way to go lad. That's the quality post we really need here.

>>48621555
Stun spell (bolt/ball)
Direct damage spell (personally I like lightning; bolt/ball) mana spells are good as they also hit spirits
Heal
Levitation
Invisibility
Improved Reflexes (don't need armor if they're not even going to shoot at you)

Everything else varies. I really like mage hands or whatever it's named because telekinesis is awesome if used creatively. I like illegal mind control stuff. I like instant orgasm or whatever it's called because of the sheer hilarity of it.
>>
>>48621591
Ever get the feeling that maybe you should fuck off, jerk?
>>
>>48621657
>>48621661
Even though he probably just wants to fit in too much, I'm still interested in his opinion.

>>48621591
Then what spells did you take for your characters in the past?
>>
Is there any cyberware or bioware that makes you better at Charisma related things? The only thing I can find is Tailored Pheromones and that just increases your social limit (which should be high anyway thanks to high Charisma).
>>
>>48621319
Trolls average 50 years, but unlike Orks they don't have the rapid aging effect. That 50 year age average is influenced by societal conditions, whereas the 40 year Ork is actually due to hard genetics.
A 14 year old Ork is physically and mentally in their 30s, but a 14 year old troll is just 14.

That being said, Trolls breeding fast and early does make sense.
>>
>>48621591
>always picking maximum number of spells

Since every proper Mage or Shaman in Shadowrun takes Magic A, you get 10 free spells to start with regardless.
>>
File: readingcomprehension.png (85KB, 608x427px) Image search: [Google]
readingcomprehension.png
85KB, 608x427px
>>48621745
>>
>>48621797
>That 50 year age average is influenced by societal conditions, whereas the 40 year Ork is actually due to hard genetics.
Is there a source on that?
The only chart I've seen about lifespans is the one where it lists orks at 40 and trolls at 50 (and the other metatypes) and the numbers are said to be gotten from extrapolating the genetic code of each.
>>
File: A-Aha-Ahaha.gif (214KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
A-Aha-Ahaha.gif
214KB, 500x240px
>>48621657
>>48621661
I can only answer "starting mage what spells" so many times before I just don't have the patience for it anymore. Especially when worded in the most broad absolute of 'all the spells, maximum allotment, which ones always fill those slots'.

>>48621704
My last mage character had Fireball, Heal, Increase Reflexes, Stabilize, Chaotic World, Improved Invisibility and Shapechange, all alchemical formulas. The character couldn't cast spells, only do alchemy and summon spirits. It was a nice change of pace.
>>
>>48621827

Yeah I just reread that myself. No idea how I missed that... Is there anything else that boosts it though? Tailored Pheromones is kinda... expensive, especially if you want it at Rating 3 (93000 nuyen!)
>>
>>48621875
~31K nuyen per dicepool boost for attributes is pretty common for bioware (see muscle augmentation/toner and cerebral boosters)
Remember, you can always take used bioware for 1.25 the essence but 0.75 the cost, and since bioware is so low on essence it's barely even a choice. You can comfortably pick up R3 pheromones with C resources, leaving you with ~60K nuyen for lifestyle, transport, weapons, drugs, clothing, etc etc even without getting used pheromones.
Try to pick up first impression as a quality if you can.
>>
>>48621938
Can Used Tailored Pheromones be implanted into someone else?
>>
>>48621998
Yes, all normal bioware can come in the assorted grades.
Since it says fluffwise that cultured bioware is tailor made, some GMs don't allow you to take that at the used level, but pheromones are just standard bioware, so you can take them used.
>>
>>48621938

Oh I'm talking post chargen. I grabbed First Impression and Exceptional Attribute (Charisma), but I'm trying to push myself above and beyond that. The only other thing I've found that helps are the suits from Run & Gun (the Berwick suit is definitely on my list to pick up next, especially if I can get it with Shock Frills too).
>>
>>48621827
Thinking about it, how would tailored pheromones would affect stage acting? You're far away, and the audience can literally watch you through VR or AR.
>>
>>48622084
AR wouldn't matter, so long as they're in the same room as you.

It would not strike me as odd if movie and live theatres, in a bid to survive, all adopted smellovision with pheremone emitters scattered throughout the audience to enhance the experience.
>>
>>48622111
Jesus Christ how horrifying.

But at least now I know how to make a nice terrorist attack.
>>
>>48621002

You know the second I wrote "Harlequin's illegitimate daughter" I thought to myself "I bet there is some character almost exactly like that already."
>>
>>48622084
People in the front row might give you better reviews, but that's about it aside from the social limit bonus you get from the extra confidence.

>>48622061
I know you're post-chargen but if you're really looking to cheese how to be a face, play as an AI and take Exceptional Entity. It lets you have one of your attributes have no natural limit at all, so if you take A in attributes you can start the game with 13 charisma, which is already higher than any other race with R3 pheromones.
Here's an AI face I made a while back with some help from /srg/ who cheers on her team as a cheerleader in AR and distracts guards via impromtu dance parties.
http://pastebin.com/u687vu13
>>
>>48622171

It's less "how to cheese being a face" and more "show up the smug elf face by being a better face whilst also being a troll, preferably in a better suit too".
>>
>>48622245
Yeah, for trolls pheromones and a nice suit are your best bet, unless you want to be a race traitor and shave off all your troll stuff.
>>
>>48622111

>wanna go see the 3d trid rerelease of Jurassic Park? Now you can actuslly smell the big piles of Dino shit and they release synthetic mosquitos into the theatre so you feel like you're really there! And if you pay an extra 20 nuyen they give you simsense chips so you can feel like you're really being bitten in half by a t Rex!"

I don't think I'd be a big movie buff in the Sixth World.
>>
So, how viable is it to have a main weapon that is exotic?

By exotic i mean stuff that's not a pistol or shotgun or katana or some such. Crossbow, Spear, Flail, Powerfist type stuff
>>
>>48622313
Is bow exotic enough? Because adept troll bowmen players were my personal nightmares in 4e.
>>
>>48622313
Well, most runners just use one weapon anyway, so you should be alright.
If you get captured/have to go weapons and equipment OSP it can fuck you up more than normal though.
>>
>>48622267

Yeah I don't plan on being a race traitor. My character's goal is to earn enough to buy back his family's ancestral home and restore his family's noble status, and his family are all trolls now so shaving off the troll bits doesn't really gel with everything else.

Plus all it does is raise your racial maximum, not your actual Charisma. It's annoying really, there's cyberwear/bioware to increase nearly every stat EXCEPT Charisma.
>>
>>48622336
In 5e my favorite bowman is the four cyberlimb redliner robo-native.
>>
>>48622313

"Hey Marv, look! That person with the armored leather jacket and the Mohawks and the talismans who looks like a Shadowrunner is also carrying around a crossbow."

That's how visible you are.
>>
>>48622353
Yeah, it's odd that pheromones don't, but that's probably because of the range necessary. Either way, you'll manage just fine if you pay attention to situational social modifiers (memorize that fuckin' chart) and roleplay well.
>>
>>48622338
>Well, most runners just use one weapon anyway
Nah, m8, you have to get your mission weapon which is usually the best you have, then your civilian weapon, which is usually some pistol or SMG or something. I also like to grab an easily-concealable sidearm.

Note to all mages: GET A FUCKING WEAPON OR THEY WILL SHOOT YOU FIRST EVEN BEFORE THE COMBAT STARTS.
>>
>>48622353
Doesn't exceptional attribute raise the limit? I kind of forgot. Well, it's your best bet for troll face anyway along with those pheromones.
>>
File: 1318371402114.jpg (462KB, 838x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1318371402114.jpg
462KB, 838x1313px
>>48622353
>It's annoying really, there's cyberwear/bioware to increase nearly every stat EXCEPT Charisma.

Which is kinda understandable. I cann se how muscle fibers and brain performance implants can be feasible. Pure force of personality is kinda more abstract. You either have it or you don't, and what exactly "it" is, can vary wildly.
>>
>>48622401

I mean it might count as drugs but Reliable Matthew used Persona Chips to keep himself always happy and confident and smooth to sell used drones for a living. Also Skillsofts for face skills or for knowledge so you can better haggle in game.

I don't know if most of this is officially statted in SR though. Maybe some day we'll be getting a Face Book? Yeah I doubt it
>>
>>48622489
Yea, but persona chips generally rewrite your personality with expanded use.

Matthew was special, apperantly
>>
>>48622370

To be fair, pheromones do give you a boost in most situations that you use Charisma and an increase to your social limit, which all make sense, but why they did it the round about way rather than just giving it a flat Charisma boost I don't know.

>>48622391

Yeah Exceptional Attribute increases your racial maximum, but I have that already. I picked up First Impression too, which is nice (assuming I remember to use it...) but I want more. I'll have to look that chart over again, I know Intimidate is rather easy to stack modifiers for (and trolls usually get the +2 for size by default) but I don't really know what the others are.

>>48622401

That kinda makes sense, but it seems... weird, like they left a deliberate gap in the cyber/bioware section. I can't seem to find any extra books which help with that either other than the suit from Run & Gun.
>>
>>48622535

That's all fluff anyways. I really liked Matthew ' s fluff of his personality and the Persona Chip's coalescing into a third entity that was neither and both. The pc would operate as the character but also while knowing the effects of the Persona chip meaning the actions would be a third person choice and that makes more sense than "I put the Porn Star Chip in and now I am the porn star."

The only thing that would affect our neurology would be the degree of dominance within the Persona chip, therefore allowing the creepy situation where unwilling Bunraku dolls would be unable to say no. But even then that sounds more like the power of BTLs overriding our bodies.
>>
>>48622489
Reliable Matthew (and ,for the matter, Ten-Arms Ambrose as well) bends the SR rules a bit. Not that it really matters in a video game, it helps create memorable NPC's, but be wary of doing the samen in the PnP.
>>
File: 1321510702609.jpg (66KB, 468x493px) Image search: [Google]
1321510702609.jpg
66KB, 468x493px
>>48622550
It would probably have been simple rules-wise to just give it a flat charisma boost. But I still stand by my first point, that Charisma is very nebulous and hard to replicate. You can get tools that let you go through the motions associated person, and are able to mimic charming behaviour.
Or in the case of pheromones, make someone else drop their defenses and make them open to being charmed by you.

But real gravitas and force of personality is something, that is more than just those little components.
>>
>>48622712
>Ten-Arms Ambrose as well
How does Ambrose?
>>
>>48622717
I always find it odd how people seem to ignore the ethical ramifications of pheromones, considering you're basically just drugging everyone you meet.
>>
>>48622742
If you listen to his explanation, he's basically jumped-in into multiple devices at once.
>>
File: 1255481201945.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1255481201945.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
>>48622763
You are right. I find that a bit strange, too. You would think that after word gets out, a certain negotiator heavily uses them, that meetings would be held remotely, or the johnson just appears with a little gas mask.

I can't see a justification like "but everyone has pheromones, mine are just industrial grade" pacify people, who are not down bith being manipulated in this way.
>>
>>48622742
Ambrose: He jacks into his workshop and turns off RAS motion override. -2 to do real life stuff.

No rules break.

Matthew: personafix chip gives skillwire rating acting +4.

Done.

Not sure where the rules bending is.
>>
>>48622717

You make a good point. It's just annoying that I'm looking at 20-30 karma a pop to boost anything social related (Charisma 4->5 is 25, Influence 6->7 is 35) and I'd rather use it on shoring up some weak spots (like my low initiative, or Perception) rather than having to blow my load on a one dice increase.
>>
>>48622773
Workshop counts as ome device, omae.

Just like a turret mounted on a van counts as part of the van.
>>
>>48622811
I think once you get past a certain level of johnson they would start using either discreet nose plugs or other non-obvious filtering systems to mitigate or provide immunity from pheromones.
>>
>>48622842
Just take glamour.

Or have mage increase attribute.
>>
>>48622763

Hence why the concept of theatres becoming pheromone equipped is nightmarish.

Honestly I just think theatres would be out of business. Any Hollywood jerk offs wanting to stay afloat would be secondary adopters to vr and ar tech. The real scummy ones would be btl makers.

Cinema has always sold itself as an event and as an event it's struggling enough without everyone in the world being able to plug their brains directly into a simulation of the greatest orgasm ever. Hollywood just can't compete with that shit.
>>
>>48622843
Get enough in drone control and listen to how exactly his clinic works. Especially the part where you tell him even a brain augmented with a control rig couldn't take it.
>>
File: larp.jpg (106KB, 1000x630px)
larp.jpg
106KB, 1000x630px
>>48622865
>In a desperate attempt to save their old timey movie theatre, that has fallen on hard times, the last five employees decide to go into the shadows to keep the business afloat.

Queue a campaign with lots of movie quotes, and cinema related puns. Also grenades hidden in the popcorn bucket.

Runners:
"Ticket" A mage with magic flavoured as handing out tickets. Hope you aren't going to Armageddon's early screening.

"The Projectionist" A troll streetsam in a full body armor with built in illuminators. Uses a machine gun with the bullets being Flare - Tracer- Flar- buttered Popcorn.

"Custodian" Orc physadept using a heavily modified tuthenium mop. Has no traceless walk, but sneers at people until they walk tracelessly.

"Bubblegum" The concession girl. Team medic with a chest harness full of every type of slap patch, drug and explosives you can imagine.
Do not ask her for something without peanuts.
>>
What do you guys think about a campaign where the PCs are part of the military of an african/eastern european nation (be they PMCs or national soldiers) when a coup attempt happens? I'd give them the chance of deciding which side to support (fuck, maybe they just want to get out of the country), and decide where/how to go from there. Lots of non-standard rewards for runs in the means of materiel and supplies, limited resources and availability, etc.
>>
>>48623021

No shit I had a mission idea I shared on here a year or so back that was essentially the plot to Bowfinger. The shadowrun team has been hired by a struggling indie horror director Mr. Johnson to wear or install simsense recorders on themselves and stalk an unknowing up-and-coming Simsense Star as basically whatever horror icons they want to be. The Mage can rattle windows, the Ork street sam dons Murder Armour and pursues him slowly with a machete, the Face gets close to the star as a plant, etc.

Pretty damn fun campaign, allows runners to let their imagination run wild, tends to end with someone accidentally killing the simsense star and/or the police getting involved.
>>
Is it my players or is alchemy underrated in general in shadowrun (5e)?

It seems like the best way to use sustained spells. Instead of worrying about focused concentration or a -2 penalty for every spell you keep, you can just prepare a few potions before the run and use them when appropriate since they last it for (Potency) minutes.
>>
>>48623518
The best way is to use quickened spells, especially Improved Reflexes. There's also a quality that allows you to ignore a penalty of a single sustained spell up to the force of X.
>>
>>48623141
Those gimmick runs are nice in a while. I am maybe co-GMing the side jobs for my upcoming group. One of the ideas, I had was hiring the runners to secretly steal a bigass float during a parade.
>>
>>48623620
consider it stolen
the concept as well
>>
>>48623126

Sounds like fun. What events are you thinking of happening as the plot advances?
>>
>>48623126
>>48623905
Expanding upon this, I was thinking maybe a civil war scenario in Argentina.
Currently national unrest is at an all-time high after the most recent regime was found to be a corporate puppet, and there's a decent amount of public support for a democratic resistance group called Democracia Siempre (currently in control of Rosario and the surrounding area). I'm thinking in the outset of the campaign, a significant nationalist faction of the Argentinian army have had enough of corporate sockpuppets ruling Argentina, and attempt a coup. Instead of going over quick and clean, the coup stalls and becomes a civil war as Democracia Siempre sees it as an opportunity to start expanding their territory.
Nationalist military dictatorship vs. democratic rebels vs. weak puppet government, but with backing from multiple AAA corporations and recognition from the CC/international community.
Maybe for fun halfway through the campaign both Aztlan and Amazonia could intervene in the conflict, both by supplying arms and after a point sending troops.

The PCs would be part of a PMC, the government, the military, or simply at the wrong place in the wrong time.
>>
File: Shadowrun min-maxing.jpg (351KB, 1400x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun min-maxing.jpg
351KB, 1400x1020px
I want my adept cowboy to have a half cyborg-horse to ride around like in Vampire Hunter D. How do I need to go about making this abomination and make it fast. Please help, I want him to ride it instead of a car for maximum pink mohawk.
>>
>>48624037
Check out the new critter book, howling shadows, it has rules for augmenting animals.
>>
File: 1248286331265.jpg (46KB, 1000x579px) Image search: [Google]
1248286331265.jpg
46KB, 1000x579px
>>48623711
Glad, you can dig it. Great to give your runners some unconventional challenges. Like wearing ridiculous and bulky mascot costumes. And all sides not being willing to open fire with big crowds of citizens just standing by. And not the usual corp drones, but just some families who want to have a good time.
Also, you cannot just take over the float and drive away, because it can't go fast.

You need a really good plan to pull it off.
But that makes it interesting.

I am working on quite some ideas like that. So the main GM can runs his serious business plot line and I just throw in some curve/oddball missions once in a while.
>>
File: rawhide.png (128KB, 870x442px) Image search: [Google]
rawhide.png
128KB, 870x442px
>>48624165
It's fun to have a "decompression" mission after a really heavy one.
Once my team of runners helped the Yaks get revenge on a guy which culminated in using Control Actions to have him stab his own daughter to death in the middle of a high-class dinner party in front of all the guests.
The next "run" I had them go on was actually just a Johnson meet, with Rawhide Kobayashi (see pic) at Jimmy John's All-American Family Owned Steakhouse Bar and Grill and Lounge, which was right next to General Kung Pow Chicken's Sushi and Mapo Tofu Dojo, and was across the street from Uncle Papa Mario Fettuccine Alfredo's Pizzeria and Pasterino.
As they were engaging in the finer points of negotiation, a team of ninjas from the sushi place, and a group of italian mobsters from the pizzeria attacked at the same time, leaving the group stranded in between three warring national stereotypes.
>>
>>48624263
Nice, I will consider taking the general idea and putting it into my new physadepts lifestyle. He will live in a smelly flat, right above Old Mama Wu's famous and authentic noodles. Because old asian lady landlords who always scream at you, are the best.
She is also supposed to be kind of the godmother of the whole block and it would be a nice thing for her to have her defend her turf against different cuisines.
>>
File: 1466903687474.jpg (168KB, 736x910px)
1466903687474.jpg
168KB, 736x910px
So I posted yesterday - making my first character, trying to make sure I haven't made something unplayable. Minotaur Adept, who (character-wise) is focusing on being a hedonist, in a zen way - treating every day as a gift.

Bod 10, Agi 5, Rea 6, Str 8, Wil 2, Log 2, Int 2, Cha 2, Edge 2

Skills-
Exotic Melee Weapon (Horns) 6
Etiquette 5
Unarmed Combat 5
Running 4
Escape Artist 2
Sneaking 2
Navigation 1
Gymnastics 1

German (n)
English 2
Greek 1
Yiddish 1

Street Knowledge: Fences 2
Interest Knowledge: Fashion 2

Contact - Rabbi Minoides, Con 3 Loy 3
--

I still have qualities to pick, 13 Karma to spend, 6k Nuyen, and Adept Powers before I move any further forward. My qualities are currently a cloud of possibility - for positive, I have

Agile Defender, Bilingual, Black Market Pipeline, Daredevil, First Impression, Home Ground (You know a guy), Mentor Spirit, Perfect Time

For negative,

Addiction (Moderate), Combat Junkie, Corporate Limited SIN, Creature of Comfort, Day Job, Phobia, Poor Self-Control (Thrill Seeker)

I'm not sure if any of those are "trap options," or if I'm missing something that would be vital.
>>
>>48624547

Or, for what it's worth, if my intent (Making an uncomplicated bruiser) has backfired, and instead made an unplayably dumb troll.
>>
>>48624547
>Corporate Limited SIN
Dead man walking.
>>
>>48624609

I and another character both have backstory reasons to have worked for Saeder-Krupp. If it's the kind of thing that, again, makes the character unplayable, how would that be fixed?
>>
>>48624695
You are going to get killed at your first meeting with anyone dangerous when they find out.
>>
>>48624710

Ignoring that for the time being, then. How about the rest?
>>
>>48621069
A tank with a siren and lights attached. running from a ticket is normally fatal.
>>
>>48622861

Glamour? Also I don't think our groups mage took Increase Attribute.
>>
>>48625481
I don't know if 5e has something similar, but 4e has Feywear, which is magically created and enchanted clothing as a clothing mod and one of them is Feywear (Glamour)

Glamour is a metagenetic quality. In 4e at least it gave you +3 on all social skills except intimidation and also distinctive style, don't know how it is in 5e
>>
>>48623518

That does sounds incredibly useful. Personally, I'd probably use it with Spellblades, just because it's an easy way to dodge having the negative side effect of casting a Force 12 Mana/Powerblade (i.e. so much Drain) kick in in the middle of a run.
>>
Anyone got that "Hello fellow shadowsteppers lets go to the universal brotherhood" image
>>
>>48625826

I don't think it's in 5e, or if it is I haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>48626894
do not bring weapons
>>
>>48623021
Fund it.
>>
File: Shadowsteppers.png (344KB, 594x615px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowsteppers.png
344KB, 594x615px
>>48626894
>>
>>48621797
>That 50 year age average is influenced by societal conditions
Nah, bro. Lifespan data uses the same information for all 'types, and it's not societal.
>>
>>48624547
Don't take Minotaur. Goring Horns are shit for forcing you to take an exotic skill. Go changeling for satyr legs & unusual hair instead, if you want to look like a minotaur. There's 30 karma down, and you get to choose any equal amount of pos/neg qualities below 30 karma.
Take bone density or lacing and fluff your unarmed attacks however you want. Also opens up your heritage to something other than Greek.

>Bod 10, Wil 2
Your Physical & Stun Damage Tracks increase on odd numbers, which makes them a better starting point. Take a point from Bod & put it into Wil.

>Agi 5, Rea 6
You can't have more than 1 attribute at max at chargen. Pick between
fighting (Agi) & driving (Rea), then put a point into Int.

>Log 2, Int 2, Cha 2
If you have three attribute points, their relative value increases if you put them into one attribute. Core 107 for karma (ie; in-game) costs. Intuition is your best choice there - it makes you faster, and better with street/interest knowledge skills.

>Etiquette 5
You fit in well ... but it's not your focus, because your charisma is shit. Take Con (Fast Talk) instead. Everyone should have a few ranks anyway, because Con is opposed by Con.

>no Perception
First time you meet an ambush, you get to spend the first turn being surprised instead of acting. It'll hurt to not dodge.

>Adept
If Priority and focusing on unarmed damage, go D and augment yourself for unarmed damage as much as you can. Bone Lacing & Striking Callus, really. You can buy your Magic back to 1 for 5 karma later.

>bilingual
Your social skills are limited to the language you're speaking, but you're not a face, so it's a waste of points.

>agile defender
Get your willpower up instead.

>Daredevil
Get this & revels in murder. Go metatype A priority for 6 edge. Do crazy shit with all the dice, all the time.

>Perfect Time
What free actions do you want to regularly do?

>First Impression
Not a face.

>Black Market Pipeline
Not on 6k¥. Go Made Man.
>>
>>48629005

Appreciate the rundown. I wasn't tied to minotaur because it's a minotaur, but rather I liked the idea of the troll phys adept, and the physical stats which support that, and the Minotaur was my favorite troll metavariant. If I'm picking a changeling instead, I don't have those same physical stats supporting it - is there a happy medium?

Or are you just suggesting going with a regular troll, if I'm not married to the Minotaur?
>>
>>48629005
>>48629429

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding - are you recommending a Troll changeling? Is that a thing?
>>
>>48629448
You can be a troll changeling, yes.
>>
Has anyone done anything with possession and inanimate objects in 5th edition? The rules for possessing a weapon seem vague at best and if you follow the spirit of the rule the results are beyond disgusting. I was attempting to make a mage that bound a fire spirit to a sword. Street Grimoire says in regards to objects: "While possessing a nonliving vessel, the spirit adds half of its Force to the vessel's Structure and Armor Ratings, Object Resistance dice pool, or Physical attributes, depending on the situation and/or vessel type." The sense of the rules seems to imply you add half its Force to a weapon's DV/AP/Accuracy. But the real terror is when you consider a spirit's powers, namely Energy Aura which, "... adds its Magic to the Damage Value of any melee attack it makes. The damage may have a specific type and has an AP of -(critter's Magic)." Obviously you could argue a spirit bound to a sword doesn't technically make any attacks of its own, but if you again follow the apparent concept of the rule you get some terrifying results.

Say you bind a Force 12 spirit to a Highland Forge Claymore (DV 5, AP -5, Accuracy 5). It would gain 6 DV, AP and Accuracy from the possession itself (DV 11, AP -11, Accuracy 11). Then the spirit has its Energy Aura (Which is always on and would not require a service) which would add a disgusting 12 DV and Fire, making the end result a horrifying DV 23P AP -11 Accuracy 11 greatsword that sets people on fire with an AP of -12.

"But then it would always be on fire," according to the binding rules the spirit can be 'called and dismissed' as a Simple Action which means either you can turn it on and off effectively at will, or that it would reappear and need to be forced to possess the sword again (using a service).

tl;dr How does weapon possession work and is there any way it can work without being game-shattering?
>>
>>48629465

In that case, isn't it only an extra two Karma for doing Minotaur in Sum-to-10? Is that 30 Karma referencing doing a point buy character?
>>
>>48629429
Yeah, I'd suggest not taking Minotaur. The difference is Body 5/10 vs 6/11, goring horns, and 2 less karma to spend.
>>
>>48629494
The difference via SURGE III (30 karma) is that you can choose useful and thematic metagenetic qualities, rather than being saddled with goring horns.
>>
>>48629531

So talking Sum-to-10, if I'm picking a changeling troll instead of a Minotaur, I'm spending all of my 25 Karma plus 5 I get out of negative qualities, to choose specific metagenic qualities, right?

That just seems like a trap, unless I'm missing something?

Not trying to argue, just to understand.
>>
>>48629564
Nope as far as I understand you spend 30 Karma EACH on positive and negative metagenetic qualities. You then have room for one 5BP positive non-metagenetic quality left
>>
>>48629564
The thing about /srg/ is that if you ask for an opinion on a character, you're going to get responses ranging from 'PUT DICKS IN IT' to a mechanically optimised build that bares little resemblance to your original concept.
>>48629607
Sum-to-ten and priority characters don't have the extra karma to spare for that.
>>
>>48629607

That's not how Run Faster is phrasing it.

"Scott really wants to play a lizardman for his next
character. He goes with the street name Gilaman and
decides that a Class III SURGE is his only option. He’s
willing to pay the 30 Karma so he can choose all of his
features. He selects the following:"

The 30 Karma is a limit, but the distinction between class 1, 2, and 3 SURGE is that you get differing levels of control over the qualities. 30 Karma is the limit for all of those levels of surge, so the Karma cost of each level (10, 15, 30) isn't coupled to the amount you can spend.
>>
>>48629564
>>48629607
>>48629632
pretty sure changeling doesn't count toward your positive or negative karma limit (which should be obvious since normally your maximum is 25 karma of positive qualities)

so you spend 30 karma to get to pick and choose up to 30 karma of positive metagenic qualities which you then must balance with an equivalent number of negative metagenic qualities.
>>
>>48629564
You do have to spend 30 karma for SURGE III, but it's not listed as a quality from what I've read. RF describes it as a 'class option'.

Positive quality limit is unaffected, though you would then only have 20 karma to throw in.

>>48629607
>The chosen class indicates the Karma limit of chosen metagenic qualities
You can spend less than 30 karma in each, but you have to spend equal or +1 positive.
>>
Chummer's got all of its Qualities stuck at 0 Karma for me. Is this a known problem?
>>
>>48629717
Have you accidentally checked the "Free!" box at the side?
>>
>>48629638
>30 Karma is the limit for all of those levels of surge
Seems so.
>Players with Class I characters (...) should roll random Positive Qualities until they have what they believe to be a sufficient amount (maximum Karma value of these qualities is 30).

Though I'll put in that this random selection shit is poorly done & retarded.
>>
Is there a way to start as a mystic adept with few spells and loads of power points, instead of the other way round?
>>
>>48629781

You can 5 karma per pp on creation, no? Limit is still your MAG, though.
>>
>>48629781
karmagen

or, take magic at a low priority and bring it up with special attribute points from your metatype priority

two really obvious answers you should have been able to figure out yourself
>>
>>48629751
its a gamble yes. but 30 karma that has certain effects that dont compliment or even contradict each other is less that 30 that fit a theme and compliment each other.
>>
>>48629821
>>48629815

See I was trying to avoid spending karma on it. It just seems like having an absolute ton of spells is overkill for a mystic adept, whereas 5 karma per power point is annoyingly high.
>>
>>48629747
>Have you accidentally checked the "Free!" box at the side?
Nope. That was the first thing I checked.
>>
>>48629955
that part is unavoidable, and 5 karma per power point is heinously cheap anyway
>>
>>48629979

Is it? You start with 25 karma, so unless you dip into negative qualities the best you're getting is 5 power points, and even then that means no positive qualities.
>>
>>48630042
psst: power points ARE your positive qualities. and theyre way better than most 5 karma positive qualities
>>
Anyone hear when chummer5 is going to have critter pages? I'm really wanting to make a horse.
>>
>>48629914
I mean it was a bad design choice to go random (goblinisation, awakening, etc are random in-setting, too. No one suggests making their mechanics random), and that the available qualities don't adequately cover the range of point values without running into qualities that interact badly or not at all. 4e did it better, albeit encouraged more munchkin shit.
>>
>>48627014
It's in Run Faster, among the metagenetic qualities.
>>
>>48630204
He's talking about the clothing option.
>>
>>48630156
I'm working on a bunch of other stuff and haven't had time to integrate the Howling Shadows shit. Most of the code components are there, it's essentially just data entry that needs doing.
>>48629717
Changeling qualities should get automatically discounted to 0 if you've got the quality. Can't think of anything else that should be doing it.
>>
Has anyone made custom life modules for designing a character with a European background?
>>
>>48629005
It's hilarious that you'd call goring horns shit (I mean it's not great) and then suggest throwing 30 karma going down the changeling rabbit hole. You're pretty much on point on everything else, but I think they'd be better off re-prioritising for more skills, or shifting his unarmed ranks other skills and find something else to do with his hands.
>>
File: Repo.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Repo.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48624547
Tell us about your powers. Also, what is your phobia?

Here have a look at my first shitty sr5 physadept.
Maybe it helps you... someway. Still a work in progress, though
>>
>>48632806

I'm honestly not sure about powers; I like the look of just about all of them. Killing hands is really nice - I'm broadly trying to make myself a cannon to aim at the enemy.

>>48632764
I'll definitely be moving that around to grab some ranks of Perception, and I think I'll be putting my leftover Karma towards skills. When you say "Something else to do with his hands," though, what do you mean?
>>
>>48624547
Since you don't appear to have much in the way of ranged abilities, rather than minotaur Cyclops might be a better choice for more strength, as strength is probably more important than bod in 5e for the archetype as the relatively higher armor values eclipse body, and strength allows you to pile on even more armor.
>>
File: 1362474681753.jpg (291KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
1362474681753.jpg
291KB, 960x768px
>>48632908
Alright. If you want to do any kind of fighting, you will want Improved Reflexes. Probably rank 2, with a dose of jazz handy for when shit really hits the fan.
Which costs quite a few powerpoints. (If you aren't willing to get your initiative through cyberware)
Since you are taking a Mentor Spirit, you may think about taking The Beast's Way, to get a power of your choice discounted, which is the only rules legal way to only pay half for increased reflexes, I know of.
May be disallowed by your GM, though, since it is crazy. (Look at my long ass powers list)

>>48632965
In concert with this guy, if you plan on focussing on strength, go the thrown weapons route and pick up missile mastery.

Ah and by the way. I appreciate you being bold enough to keep some social stuff in there, to show that even if you are a brutal magical killing machine, a good time can still be had with you.

The world needs more characters, who are not highly optimized but fun to interact with. At least in my opinion.
>>
File: bull.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
bull.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48632908
If you stick with the minotaur and focus on goring horns then killing hands is a bit redundant.

As for your hands, firearms/and or a riot shield. Below is Minotaur sammy I made for shits and giggles I used the horns as my primary melee and pack a shotgun and riot shield. It's not the most optimal build but I was fairly happy with it.
>>
>>48633036
Sadly, the best's way ability to discout improved reflexes got errata'd away.
>>
>>48632764
Considering what you can get with some trade-offs through SURGE, I don't much agree with you.

There's a whole lot they could do to be more efficient, and I didn't go into all of it. Threw in SURGE III incase they really want something minotaur-ish. They didn't, but the conversation ran with it.

+1/+1 Bod for 2 karma is actually pretty good. Goring horns get my goat for being exotic natural weapons when the writers' word was they were getting rid of that shit.
>>
>>48633036
If he's going to go the social route though he should probably redistribute his stats you have more charisma, that way he'll get more bang for his buck in the social arena, even if it is just dumping logic to one, as it really is the stat he needs least.
>>
File: 1301167594371.jpg (46KB, 482x809px) Image search: [Google]
1301167594371.jpg
46KB, 482x809px
>>48633208
Ye, you are right. Just saw it. I guess I will continue character generation with 2 different files.
One taking the errata into account the other not.

As I know my game master, she is the "we play it like it is written in my book" type. She would rather houserule it than just refering to an errata.

And I just might get away with it.

And if not, well there is now a new challenge for me to tinker with that shit. Reprioritising my powers, trying to fit in Keratin Control for maximum skinwalking.

>>48633250
Some kind of rearranging should be done yes.
Logic is probably best to dump on as an physadept. Eventhough I am scared as fuck of Memory tests.
>>
>>48633219
If you really min max it I'm sure it's okay, and metagenic attribute is really good, but just for colour it's more hassle than it's worth and that karma could almost certainly be spent better on positive qualities and more nuyen, which he will need.
>>
>>48633194
Pretty good for what you're doing. I'd suggest trigger removal for the krime boss. It's 50¥ for +1 accuracy, provided you have a wire or wireless.

If you can throw the nuyen around for it afterward; glasses + flare comp (350¥), explosive clip (20¥) instead of spare clip (5¥), and a flash-pak. (125¥)
You now have a nasty strobe light attached to your firearm.
>>
>>48633406
The thing with explosive clips is I don't any throwing, though I suppose I could shuffle the point from exotic melee (riot shield), which I really only have for colour/and to maybe build up for parrying, as blocking with the horns just feels wrong.
>>
>>48633662
> I could shuffle the point from exotic melee (riot shield)
Probably a good idea. Throwing is a skill that appreciates all the points you can give it. You're lacking in Unarmed, too, which seems like a waste of bone lacing.

Not that you need to throw the clip away to use it. As long as it's somewhere you're not looking at it and they are, it's golden.
Underneath your gun isn't the worst place for that.
>>
File: Genji.jpg (87KB, 1022x426px) Image search: [Google]
Genji.jpg
87KB, 1022x426px
So wait, if I read this correctly...

... how far you can jump is your Agility x 1.5 meters at max.

So as an elf with 12 AGI through aug + exceptional attributes and hydro-jacks maxed out, I can jump 40 fucking meters in distance? Am I reading this right?

And then with skimmers I can move at 96 meters in 3 fucking seconds?

I can play fucking Sonic-Genji as an elf.

What's the fucking rules for running 90 meters in a second, jumping 40 meters and slashing somebody with a katana?
>>
File: ballistic_ladder_shield[1].jpg (134KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
ballistic_ladder_shield[1].jpg
134KB, 600x700px
>>48633758
Keep the riot shield, though. Troll sized version of pic related is always boss for everyone to use.
>>
>>48633760
Show the math?

Don't forget to go Harvester Infected for your own personal Movement (Magic * Movement multiplier) critter power. Adept would also help with falling damage.
>>
>>48633775
Oh that's a given, don't need the skill to get the armour bonus
>>
>>48633758
I lack unarmed because I'm using the horns, same damage, same accuracy, but the horns have -1AP over a punch. I mean I suppose I could drop the bone lacing but it brings me up to a raw 40 soak dice, I'd be four down without out it, and what would I take instead?
>>
>>48633991
>I'd be four down without out it, and what would I take instead?
You could put gel packs on the Big Game Hunter and/or Executive Suite, as well as one armour accessory. (Str 12 means you can go up to +13 accessory armour without penalty)
>>
File: genji2.jpg (90KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
genji2.jpg
90KB, 1200x600px
>>48633798
alright, so I pretty much did?

Movement is, if I recall "AGIx2" for walk and "AGIx4" for running.

At 12 AGI, that's 24/48.

Skimmers from Chrome Flesh adds double movement speed. 48/96.

Getting full cyberlegs would be a good idea for this, so doing that you'd want to get their AGI as high as possible.

Getting a hydraulic jack at rating 6 increases your physical limit for jumping and running by its rating (so with BOD at 5, and STR and REA at 5 with a muscle replacement and a synaptic booster both maxed out to put them at 9 STR and 8 REA respectively) would equal 15 because of the -2 from skimmers, but you can disable those wirelessly if I recall.

In the book at page 134 is says jumping is "Gymnastics+Agility", with no physical limit cap stated (though for this purpose let's say it's there) - it's just says "AGIx1.5".

So with your legs at fucking 11 AGI each and Gymnastics at 6 with a Spec in Leaping, you'd have a dice pool of 19. 20 if your DM will let you use a muscle toner or replacement or whatever.

So 12 x 3.3 is roughly 40 meters, and you get 2 meters per hit. So, reasonably speaking, if you max out your physical limit you can jump 32 meters. If you just buy hits, you'll jump 10 meters, but that's for pussies. Use edge.

48/96 Movement, with a jump of anywhere between 10 to 32 something meters.

So there you go, unless I fucked up somewhere along the way. I'm a little out of it, so there's probably a heap of fuckups in this TL;DR. Also, for the case of falling, you add 2 meters per rating when calculating falls. So 15 meters of safe falling.
>>
>>48633758
I've had a look at this and exploding clips reduce capacity and the effect of the grenade (not sure how or if this effects a flash pak, but look at it couldn't you just achieve the same effect by taping a flash pack to the underside of your gun, with no negatives?
>>
>>48634310
No damage from flash paks to be reduced, I suppose you could use some double-sided tape. A roll of duct tape is 5¥, so between that and a spare clip you're up 10¥ and two rounds per clip ... but then the question is, "why does the official way exist if you can make that saving without any drawback?"
>>
>>48634469
I don't think they had flash packs in mind with explosive clips, flash packs are lumped in with grenades as they can be thrown, but they behave markedly differently.
>>
>>48634548
No reason why you can't do it, omae.
>>
>>48634548
There's no reason to assume they didn't.

Flash Paks haven't exactly been suepr sekrit pdf only weapons of ass destruction like the Bumblebee or Dustoff.
>>
File: image.jpg (346KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346KB, 1280x1122px
My player keeps calling my NPC from Tir Na nÓg the "Tir Nugget" and its ruining my life
>>
>>48634589
Other than a consistent pattern of things in 5e books that clearly haven't been thought through?
>>
>>48634558
Oh not doubting it, there's no logical reason why it wouldn't fit, I just don't think it's what they had in mind.
>>
>>48634742
Have you obrez'd a firearm recently, chummer?
>>
>>48622136
>a /nice/ terrorist attack

Yeah, rent a big truck
>>
>>48635067

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP9OqFHUfCs
>>
File: natasha_kreskov_by_scebiqu.jpg (124KB, 552x765px) Image search: [Google]
natasha_kreskov_by_scebiqu.jpg
124KB, 552x765px
Which metatype has the cutest girls and why is it orks?
>>
Anything new on the Shadowrun Anarchy from GenCon?
>>
>>48635338
No need to start a fight over it; cosmetic bioware and natural beauties exist in all flavours.

I prefer shortstack dwarf girls.
>>
>>48635338
At least, with an ork girl, there's no risk you break something when you give her a big hug!
>>
File: image.png (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11KB, 256x256px
>>48635005
Dont make mosin jokes at me omae, i'm east euro. Ive already heard every single one.
my player is a yank. I think the joke for him is closer to processed chicken than shitty russo guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
>>48635338
Trolls because the bigger they are, the harder I am.
>>
File: bullseye2.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
bullseye2.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48634025
Okay. Tweaked it a bit after the discussions in the thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
>>48635495
Speaking of my home turf, how is Transnistria doing in Shadowrun??? I'd assume spectacularly well, considering...
>>
>>48635562
It's not mentioned in the Almanac, and Moldova is now the Ukrainian Protectorate on the poster map, so yeah...
>>
>>48630859
They're not Changeling qualities. 100% of my positive qualities are just set to 0 Karma when I try to buy them in Chummer, despite not being checked as free. I take it this isn't a know issue with a known fix, then?
>>
>>48629472
Does no one have any knowledge or input on this? Is the system simply this broken?
>>
>>48635670
When it says attributes, I think it's referring the primary stat Bod/Agi/Str etc. for creating golems or possessing drones, I don't think it's meant to affect damage values, but yes the possession section is pretty vague and rubbish, especially when you compare it to 4ed's which half of it is lifted from, only cut to be less clear.
Case in point I've seen people in these threads assume that being possessed give you immunity to natural weapons as they are able to use a spirit's powers, but a friend of mine pointed out that 5e spirits don't actually have immunity to natural weapons, but are only granted it from their materialization power.
>>
>>48635670
Yeah, no, it doesn't add half its force to your damage, it just gets harder to break your weapon. Damage isn't an Attribute, nor is it Structure, Armor, nor Object Resistance. The line about attributes is for vehicles and drones getting their Body boosted.

As to whether Energy Aura would apply to attacks made with it, that's a matter for the GM to decide all on their own. I've seen GMs previously rule that passive powers don't apply; only powers which a spirit can actually 'use.' I've seen GMs rule that Energy Aura on a sword would apply against the wielder too. I've also seen GMs who think a big damage boost is totally fine, considering that you're giving up having an active, useful spirit to get it.

It'll change game to game; you won't get aa solid ruling here.
>>
>>48635670
While the flame part is accurate, the stats boost isn't, because those aren't physical attributes. Physical Attributes are Body, Reaction, Agility, and Strength.

The sword would get boosted object resistance from the posession (so it'd be hard to affect with other magic), and in the case of somebody trying to break it in way that called for structure and armor, it'd technically have those boosted too. I say technically because the major one involve explosives and when those things get attached to stuff, stuff tends to go.
>>
>>48634030
Yeah.
Ever seen Ghost in the Shell?
Y'know, how Motoko can jump off skyscrapers and land safely?
Augmentations, yo. That's how shit is in the future. Don't question it. Have fun running around at 71 miles per hour (115 km/h)
>>
>>48635846
>how does force work

No augmentation will save you from that, you'd suffer internal damage.
>>
>>48635871
I suppose the exception with Motoko is she's full cyborg which could have some anime science-y explanation, and no full-body augs are available in Shadowrun. At least, not like CP2020 has them.

Still though, considering how you threw skimmers into the equation, I think that run speed still holds up accurately. But the question now is, are you using Muscle Toner, Cyberlegs w/ an agility mod, or any other Cyberlimb with an agility mod?
>>
>>48635846
>Y'know, how Motoko can jump off skyscrapers and land safely?
I once played a character who managed to get a cyber skull, torso, and all four limbs. They were enjoying 18 armor from those alone, plus actual armor, plus high Body, plus full ranks in Free-Fall. We're talking over 30 combined armor, a total soak pool of 37, and the ability to reduce the damage of a fall using a skill whose attribute is that 8 Body.

The game ended before I could get hydraulic jacks for my cyberlegs, but it was on the shopping list.

The character's exfiltration plan was typically 'and then I jump off the roof' or 'and then I unload a mag of APDS through the plate glass window and drop five stories safely to the ground.' It was rad as fuck.

>>48635871
Suck it, nerd.
>>
>>48635910
That sounds awesome. Gives me an idea for an NPC for my game.
>>
>>48633036
>>48633250
>>48633310

So without the skill re-arrangements, this is just the attribute redistribution I've gone with

Bod - 9, Agi - 5, Rea - 5, Str - 9, Wil - 3, Log - 1, Int - 2, Cha - 3, Edg - 2
>>
>>48635958

And for Skills, again without spending my extra Karma, I've got...

Exotic Melee Weapons (Horns) 6
Unarmed Combat 5
Con (Fast Talking) 4
Running 4
Perception 2
Escape Artist 2
Sneaking 1
Navigation 1
Gymnastics 1
>>
>>48635846
You ever wonder how she can jump off skyscrapers and land with no problem, but a 9x19mm bullet can easily penetrate her synthetic skin?.
>>
>>48635958
looking solid, I'd like a higher int, for better initiative, defence roles and base perception, but their are only so many stat pts to go around.
>>
>>48635982
>>48635958
I have to completely disagree on the anon above you in regards to ettiquette, it's a required skill for every party member. It's social stealth and there's always going to be a situation where you need to not draw lots of attention to yourself. Con is also a required skill to have some points in because everybody needs to know how to lie, but etiquette is just as necessary.
>>
>>48635927
>That sounds awesome.
It was. Aside from being able to drop off the top of a tall building and hit the ground running, the character could also shrug off most small arms fire and had the drugs-related ware for actual enhancements. You know, beyond the strength, agility, and armor that the cyber-body offered.

>Gives me an idea for an NPC for my game.
Make sure the NPC gets the jacks for their legs. With a set of Rating 6 jacks, it treats falls as 12m shorter.

https://youtu.be/vtZLE7rRtFc
>>
>>48636016
shock absorption and armour are two totally different things.
>>
>>48636016
>You ever wonder how she can jump off skyscrapers and land with no problem, but a 9x19mm bullet can easily penetrate her synthetic skin?.
The same way you can drive a truck over a bridge without it even swaying, but you can chisel chunks of the concrete off by hand.
>>
File: 1347982851898.jpg (46KB, 580x619px) Image search: [Google]
1347982851898.jpg
46KB, 580x619px
>>48635982
Still a pool of only 4 on perception tests, if I am right. Surprise tests and general noticing stuff will be a tough nut. In fight it might be okay, since you can probably take the hit coming at you from the off. But a nifty GM can fuck you over a million ways from sunday with that.
Think about taking out one point from Escape Artist, at least, and putting it towards somethong else. With your strength, you should be able to break most shackles anyway, not wiggle out.

>>48636021
I also highly agree with this guy. At least a bit in ettiquette should be in, so you do not alienate everyone. Except if you want to be the guy who has to wait outside.
>>
>>48635908
>At least, not like CP2020 has them.
Even in that, they can't resist falling from a skyscraper. Assuming you have the best military body there is, you can only fall 10 meters (That body's Reflex divided by 1.5) before taking damage, and then you only have 2 effective armour against the fall. At 300 meters (Office building-ish level), you'd be taking 96d6-96 damage, which is definitely enough to destroy the body, along with all your hopes and dreams.
>>
>>48636021

I think I'll be buying Etiquette with some of my remaining Karma, because I definitely want this to be a character, not a block of stats I aim at the enemy. I'm thinking that part of the character's hedonism is... kind of pretensions to high society? Wanting to live the good life before the reaper knocks. Given that, being able to walk into a higher end shop with run money and getting the best bottle of scotch without having people give you the side eye seems like a good plan.
>>
>>48636035
>>48636037
Would a system that can easily resist damage from falling a bazillion miles not also be able to resist a pistol caliber cartridge just by virtue of how sturdy it would have to be?
>>
>>48636061

I'll move one over from Escape Artist - hell, I could lose it entirely, it just seemed like a good utility skill. One point into Sneaking and one into Perception?

>>48636017
Int is going to be where my game Karma goes, as soon as I get some.
>>
>>48636089

Different kind of damage. One distributes force through (probably) a laticework of spring material, where the key is being flexible to distribute force in one specific direction. The other would have to resist piercing damage from any potential direction.
>>
>>48636061
The Hawkeye positive quality could shore up perception a little bit, as well as eliminating some penalties. As a general rule I like to have at least six dice in any skill, otherwise you're just inviting glitches.
>>
>>48636089
>Would a system that can easily resist damage from falling a bazillion miles not also be able to resist a pistol caliber cartridge just by virtue of how sturdy it would have to be?
Apparently not. Maybe the shock absorption is due to the bones/struts on the interior. Maybe it's great at blunt impacts and poor against small impact points. What's it matter?
>>
>>48636119
Nothing, it's just always perplexed me how a top of the line prototype military body like Motoko's is still susceptible to the old Nine by Nineteen. You think if it wasn't structurally sound enough to shrug off even handgun caliber rounds, they'd put some sort of ballistic plating underneath the layer of synthetic skin.
>>
File: 1351153617046.jpg (191KB, 700x777px) Image search: [Google]
1351153617046.jpg
191KB, 700x777px
>>48636098
Sounds good.

General question time: Specialisations for Con. What exactly does the Fast Talking mean? Is it like being able to improv lies and bluffs on the spot, or is it more talking so fast it overwhelms your opponent? What I am finding on dictionaries is it just being eloquent and a smooth talker in general. But how is that a specialisation from normal Con?

And apart from that. What could be other useful specialisations for it? Like specialisations that not rely on the speech aspect. Those seem to be inhabited by disguise and impersonation.
>>
>>48636147
Fast Talking seems to me like something the ShamWow guy did, closer to your second idea. You're trying to sell something, so you talk too fast for whoever you're peddling to to react. And because they can't bring up issues and have questions answered, they're more likely to buy into what you're saying.
>>
>>48636147
>Is it like being able to improv lies and bluffs on the spot
Yeah.

>But how is that a specialisation from normal Con?
Because Con is also used for seduction, basically.

>And apart from that. What could be other useful specialisations for it? Like specialisations that not rely on the speech aspect. Those seem to be inhabited by disguise and impersonation.
I don't understand the question.

>>48636159
>You're trying to sell something, so you talk too fast for whoever you're peddling to to react.
100% wrong, at least in the context of Shadowrun. Fast-Talking is basically just shorthand for lying/trickery.
>>
File: 1351176431011.jpg (181KB, 800x579px) Image search: [Google]
1351176431011.jpg
181KB, 800x579px
>>48636175
The description states that "This skill covers a range of confdence games as well as the principles behind those cons."

I am just interested in exploring other elements, than just fast being a smooth talker and a sexy son-of-a-bitch.

I could for example, imagine a specialisation that focuses on exploiting a mark's values and emotions. Like using a corpsec's loyalty and sense of duty or a father's love for his children as emotional leverage to get them to do something.
>>
>>48636241
>I could for example, imagine a specialisation that focuses on exploiting a mark's values and emotions. Like using a corpsec's loyalty and sense of duty or a father's love for his children as emotional leverage to get them to do something.
You'd probably call that specialization 'Leverage' or 'Leveraging.' It could also apply to blackmail and bribes, probably.
>>
File: 272794778.jpg (111KB, 686x888px) Image search: [Google]
272794778.jpg
111KB, 686x888px
>>48636241
>Ass ugly Polish Glock
No thanks
>>
File: 1351173125141.jpg (38KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1351173125141.jpg
38KB, 540x360px
>>48636296
>No thanks
Cut me some slack, will ya. I am posting some futuristic pics, so that you peeps have something to throw eyeballs at.

>>48636263
That sounds usable. I am just looking for a nonstandard specialisation. I like to have fun with those. How about a "Bluffing" specialisation.
Throw a paperweight, yell "Fire in the Hole" and watch the goons scramble. That would be great.

And definitely another kind of Con, than what I understand Fast Talk is.
>>
So are there any pictures of the mortimer of london stuff in run and gun? or do we just have to imagine?
>>
File: Bullpups-07.jpg (27KB, 930x359px)
Bullpups-07.jpg
27KB, 930x359px
>>48636334
HINT: Cold War prototype guns will always be more futuristic than the swill we're pumping out now.
>>
>>48636334
>How about a "Bluffing" specialisation.
>Throw a paperweight, yell "Fire in the Hole" and watch the goons scramble

That sounds like exactly the specialization you should have.

There's a deleted scene from Serenity where Mal does just that, to trick his way back onto his shuttle.
>>
>>48636351
The latter. Realizing that they knew fucking nothing about fashion, Catalyst has in both 4e and 5e made a point of not including pictures for most designer labels so that people can just read the text description and get a more favorable mental image.
>>
>>48636379
I picture pinstripes. IDK why, but Mortimer of London says "Pinstripes" to me.
>>
>>48636649
I picture tweed, brown wool, and brass buttons. But honestly, its 'classic' styles might be 2016 high fashion, or whatever.
>>
>>48620867
>Technomancer Jokes.pdf
>2080
>Still using PDF
>lrn2 ZDF drekface
>>
>>48636147
Fast Talking is being good at improvising a story right there on the spot. One that is complete bullshit, ofc, and that won't hold to detailed scrutiny but that looks good for the 10 seconds you need to get past that guard.

>But how is that a specialisation from normal Con?
Con is pretty broad. Any situation where you basically lie to someone applies. Contrast Fast Talk that is coming up with a plausible excuse on the fly ("This man isn't really a Ghoul, officer, just a very good cosplayer.") to the very long and painstakingly organized confidence games (like a Ponzi-scheme slowly built over multiple years), and you should have the whole gamut of Con.
>>
>>48636669
>>48636649

Bespoke suits haven't changed much in the past hundred years, no idea why they should change in the next hundred or two.
>>
File: zdf_logo_ox3__W1000xh0.jpg (42KB, 1000x326px) Image search: [Google]
zdf_logo_ox3__W1000xh0.jpg
42KB, 1000x326px
>>48636708
>2080
>lrn2 ZDF drekface
>mfw
>>
>>48636755

Patterns and colors, tailored to fit.
>>
>>48636755

A lot of jewel tones, too.
>>
>>48636754
I see. Thanks. I am slowly getting an understanding of the scope of Con.

Then fast talk is probably what I need, as one of my masterful plots is to break in through a restroom window and pretend I am the narcoleptic gay life partner of gary from accounting and to surprise him with a marriage proposal on our wedding day, I have taped a ring under his desk.
So, it would be really nice for the security guard to let me into his office, so I can recover the ring and find true love.
>>
>>48636755
>>48636770
>>48636785
this is why I think "Mortimer" is their Bland-Name Product for "Burberry"
>>
>>48636758
You have 5 minutes to pitch me a runner team based on the Mainzelmännchen.
>>
>>48636895
Duh, they're pixies that live in the BFTR
>>
>>48636889
>>48636785
>>48636770
>>48636755
>>48636669
>>48636649
>>48636379
>>48636351
YFW you realize Mortimer of London is real
http://www.meyerandmortimer.com
>>
>>48636147
>>48636061
>>48633194
>>48633036
>>48629005

Alright. So from here, I've got:

Minotaur Adept

Bod - 9, Agi - 5, Rea - 5, Str - 9, Wil - 3, Log - 1, Int - 2, Cha - 3, Edge - 2, Mag - 6

Exotic Melee Weapon - Horns 6
Unarmed Combat 5
Con (Fast Talking) 4
Running 4
Perception 3
Etiquette 3
Sneaking 2
Navigation 1
Gymnastics 1

German (n)
English 2
Interest Knowledge - Fashion 2
Interest Knowledge - Whiskey 2
Street Knowledge - Fences 2

Positive -
Daredevil
Home Ground (You Know a Guy)
Quick Healer
Mentor Spirit (Deciding between Eagle, Bear, Dragonslayer, Shark, will determine my adept powers)

Negative -

Combat Junkie
Day Job (5)
Addiction - Whiskey, Moderate
Poor Impulse Control - Thrill Seeker
>>
>>48636992
You can't take Day Job without a SIN
>>
>>48637007

Or a fake SIN, which I plan on buying.
>>
>>48636992
>>48637007
You're a Troll and German. If you're super serious about SINner/Day Job, be a citizen of the BFTR
>>
>>48637018
No, you have to have the SIN negative quality. Can't Day Job on a fake SIN
>>
>>48637021
BFTR?
>>
>>48637029
"must possess a valid SIN (SINner quality
or at least a Rating 4 fake SIN). If they have the SIN-ner quality, the money from the Day Job quality is considered already taxed. If they are using a fake and it gets burned or connected to a crime, expect the cops to come down hard and the job is lost until the situation is cleared up."
>>
>>48637073

Trollrepublik Shwarzwald. Black Forest Troll Republic.
>>
>>48637076
>>48637018
>>48637021
>>48637029

Either way, it's easy enough to drop the addiction to mild and take the 5 karma for the national SIN from the TS.
>>
>>48620867
>>How To Find God (and keep them away).knwsft

I'm curious how this knowsoft works. Does it just fill your brain with Hitchens and Dawkins and let you spout antitheist memes until everyone leaves?
>>
>>48637076
people don't get high-quality fake SINs to be wages laves, omae
>>
>>48637101
It's a joke on GOD
>>
>>48637082
>Republic
>>
>>48637082
>Corporate SIN = is kill
>National SIN (Except TS/BFTR) = do you even shadows omae
>TS/BFTR National SIN = yo wadup muh trog!
>>
>>48637125
>not playing in the post kingdom timeline
>>
>>48637164
>not having a magical kingdom populated by toll-taking trolls living in the Black Forest
Come the fuck on. It's almost too perfect.
>>
>>48637206
>implying that makes playing in the 2060's worth it
Enjoy "Hacking" with your commlinks, omae
>>
Maybe I'm being a filthy racist, but just wondering is the Aztechnology Cotton Candy Grass connected to anything sinister? Other than Aztechnology I mean. Any dangerous secrets about it in the lore or connections to dangerous chemicals?
>>
>>48637356
Most of what Aztechnology does is 100% legit, because they're just trying to make a profit.

It's their 1% shady shit, though, that's disgustingly shady.
>>
>>48637251
>Not playing in the OG setting
>Wanting to play Observe_Canines with smartphone hacking
How can you call yourself a cyberpunk.
>>
>>48637371
this
All the wageslave SINNer normies think Az is the best thing that's ever happened, and, frankly, they're right because AZT are the ones making all the food otherwise everyone would be starving, not just the filthy SINless. They have the best PR, and own all the household name brands

>Also they blood magic and cybermancy
>>
>>48637378
>Obviously never read any 5th edition lore, or maybe just didn't understand the post.
>>
>>48637206
>wanting to pay the troll toll to get into the boy's soul
>>
>>48637425
Oh, sorry, TABLET (which are just slightly bigger smartphones) hacking.

Unless I really am missing something here
>>
>>48637371
>>48637411

>not answering my question

Okay maybe I should come at this at another angle; it's a cyberpunk world, Pollution is a nightmare and everywhere and way worse than real world life because there's a lot more and also now toxic spirits fester in these areas killing people and junk.

Suddenly one of the biggest corporations in the world invents a miracle cure to pollution in the form of mysterious grass that thrives off of pollution and actively cleans it from the atmosphere.

It's a high pulpy setting where conspiracies are everywhere and one of the most powerful corporations has legalized blood magic within their corporate walls and where bullshit like Chem trails and alien scientologist bug monsters and political assassinations happen all the time and the media can't be trusted.

So what's wrong with the cotton candy grass? Is there any obscure lore following that shit? If I make it the focus of a mission am I going against any lore or staying true if, say, sinister shit is happening with the grass?
>>
>>48637565
chummer, not everything a corp produces needs some sinister motive. Sometimes the only motive is money.
And in this case the money comes from 3 sources:
1. Tenochticlan, cause they are extremely polluted
2. The other big cities, cause they are extremely polluted and
3. Big D's Will
>>
File: Modern 12.jpg (511KB, 988x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Modern 12.jpg
511KB, 988x1000px
>>48635342
Gear, cyberware, magic and shit is all buffs to your skills. Haven't heard much else yet.
>>48635640
Haven't the faintest, unfortunately. Upload your character file somewhere, I'll take a look.
>>
File: Fleshweave.png (2MB, 1070x660px)
Fleshweave.png
2MB, 1070x660px
>>48635342
>>48637703
They haven't even done the public games, right? I thought that was planned for the weekend.

and then someone can scan and upload the beta
>>
>>48635634
Talk about missed opportunities.
>>
File: Party Reaction.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Party Reaction.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>48636992

So I've dropped the Addiction to Mild, added a National SIN from the BFTR.

As far as Mentor Spirits, I'm leaning Shark or Bear, but I'm worried that heaping too much "Dumb Bruiser Goes Apeshit" onto one character is going to make me a drag on the party. Eagle or Dragonslayer both give me good shit without worrying about that, and the negatives are ones I can manage.

Any advice there? Then on to powers.
>>
>>48638298
Since Mentor Spirits are more than just stat lists and have widereaching influence on your roleplay, choose the one that bests represent how your character thinks.

Or work out something custom with your GM. Maybe something that covers the hedonistic aspect.
>>
Has there ever been (or have you ever houseruled) a time limit on Pain Editors?
I'm planning to have my 'runners get tasked to pick up a gang thug alive, and was hoping to have the complication be that he had a pain editor, and turn it into a running battle/keep him busy until that thing turns off kind of deal, but as written 5e's version can last forever, and (even handwaving the essence cost from this cybered up monstrosity) the adrenaline pump doesn't last as long as I was hoping it to
>>
>>48637658

I never said it needed a sinister motive I was wondering if there was anything sinister about it at all. Maybe Cotton Candy Grass is People, maybe storing all the airborne pollutants in the earth is a really bad idea, maybe the grass is really aggressive like a weed and if left unchecked poses a serious risk on the environment, maybe it's produced through fucked up blood mage bullshit, maybe selling a miracle cure to a lot of the richest parts of the earth creates a PR nightmare for Aztechnology as suddenly poorer countries give them flack for selling a product that is clearly integral to the survival of modern society, maybe poorer countries are creating and selling mock-cotton candy grass for profit and maybe there's something genetically off about it, maybe monopolizing cotton candy grass means a giant heist for runners to try to get the genetic formula, maybe Aztechnology is using cotton candy grass as a political bargaining chip to gain even more political power in new markets so they can make more money.

I mean Market Panic talks a big game about Aztech losing profits didn't it? But how can they be weakened so significantly when they have like 300 licenses to print money? Unless the product is defective or still in testing or too valuable to bring into large scale production it just doesn't make sense.

That's what I mean.
>>
>>48638451
>how can they be weakened so significantly when they have like 300 licenses to print money?
two words:
>Shadowrun
>Writers
They are the same people that had ARES be weakened because of one gun that went bad. Don't question their logic, because there is none.

Also as far as I know CCG is just a nice product.
>>
>>48638496
>They are the same people that had ARES be weakened because of one gun that went bad
This keeps cropping up like a bad smell.

If it was just the "one gun", then Ares would have handled it. The problem wasn't the Excalibur. It was everything that allowed the Excalibur to be a fucking travesty of a failure.
>>
File: Shadowrun-Borg.jpg (87KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun-Borg.jpg
87KB, 600x750px
Im making a new character and my starting funds are limited to 6000 nuyen.
Should i take a fake SIN or wait until after my first run?
>>
File: 1465476845638.jpg (132KB, 465x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465476845638.jpg
132KB, 465x800px
>>48638496
Ares wasn't weakened because one gun went bad.

The Ares Arms brand was damaged because they spent a ton of money and resources tying the Excalibur to Ares Arms and Ares in general, so when the Excalibur was so bad it literally got it's users killed, the market lost confidence in the Ares name. Smarter observers noticed that this all is happening during the infighting between Knight, Vogel, and everyone else who wants a piece of Ares, which does not bode well for the future. If Soaring Owl is leaving, why should anyone invest?

Ares basically recovered by scratching off 'Ares' on their goods and writing in the names of all their subsidiaries. People still buy goods made by Ares, they just don't buy Ares goods.

>>48638563
Get at least a R2 you can use in civilized society. WIthout one, you're never going to be able to complete a run and make enough to buy something better.
>>
>>48638563
>my starting funds are limited to 6000 nuyen.
reason? system? archetype?
come on chummer, give us something to work with here
>>
>>48638582
It's obviously 5e, priority E resources.

Think a bit.
>>
>>48638563
Street Scum? No.

Anything else? Invest Karma into nuyen and yes!.
>>
>>48638582
5e resources E
>>48638580
R2? that leaves me with 1000 nuyen for gear
>>
>>48638616
>>48638594
okay then. Archetype?
>>
>>48638604
No karma left, the character is finished except for spending nuyen.
>>
>>48638626
Adept Face/Streetsam
>>
>>48638563
Ask your GM. Ask them where you're going to be doing your first run, and whether you can get around without a SIN - and what you need to do so.

Otherwise, if 6k isn't enough, take a rank of In Debt for 5k nuyen and buy a r2 fake SIN.
>>
>>48638641
>Streetsam
Not on 6000¥, you're not.
>>
File: Bizness.jpg (228KB, 479x600px)
Bizness.jpg
228KB, 479x600px
>>48638628
>character is finished
>except that it isn't finished

Look at that. You don't build in pieces, you have to build holistically. If you come to the end and there's a glaring hole in the character, you made a mistake earlier. You can still change things you did before.
>>
>>48638628
Convince your Face to negociate for burner SINs from your Johnson until you can pay for your own fake SINs.
>>
>>48638663
Semantics.
>>
>>48638660
Adepts can be sams without ware.
>>
Ok let me refrase the question.

A. R2 SIN + 1000 nuyen gear
B. R1 SIN + 3500 nuyen gear
or
C. no SIN + 6000 nuyen gear
>>
>>48638777
What else is there in your group?
>>
>>48638804
A mage, B/E expert, rigger
>>
>>48638702
Yeah. Nah, mate.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Adept
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Samurai

>Adepts are distinguished from street samurai, who also specialize in physical combat, but through more mundane (i.e. non-magical) means.
>>
>>48638496

Now I don't think that's fair.

I think >>48638532 and >>48638580 are right with the Excalibur bullshit. That makes sense because thought was clearly put into it and it makes sense that despite all their power, Ares would put their whole name behind a defective product that ruins their image when it gets people killed.

When I bring up the cotton candy grass problem it's because I respect shadowrun and it's writers enough to want them to do something cool with the world (like fleshing out this miracle pollution cure from that group of Blood Mages that practically control the world and are basically Shadowrun ' s Umbrella Corp).
>>
>>48638777
In Debt.
>>
>>48638842
Get a R1 SIN just to get to your first meet, an armored jacket and a gun, just not to look like a magic-user.

Ask your Johnson for fake(s) that you ditch after the run if the mission takes you out of the Barrens. You'll make less money that way, but you won't get busted.
>>
>>48638881
Cant and dont want to take that quality
>>
>>48638880
Remember when Glock had guns that ended up exploding?
>>
>>48638880
And Again I think that they did it for a) the money and b) PR.
>To the first party that develops a species of plant hardy enough to flourish in and eventually clean the smog-choked atmosphere of such cities as Tenochtitlán, I leave 20 million nuyen.
Dunkelzahns Will
>>
>>48638931

Is there an actual full complete version of Dunkelzahn's Will? Or is that just something SR writers keep pointing to for ass pulls?
>>
File: Cap'n.jpg (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Cap'n.jpg
7KB, 150x150px
>>48639152
There's no full text of all the legal rigamarole, but all the bequests are known. Published back in the day on Shadowlands

http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Dunk_Will.htm
>>
>>48638931

That doesn't fly with me. Monetizing a hugely beneficial pollution cleansing miracle cure is going to be a PR nightmare. It would be like Coca-Cola developing a cure for all cancer and then selling it to the public for whatever price they want. Like, some high tier Shkreli bullshit. I could see a big backlash from selling it. On the other hand, if they were selling it (even at 2 cents per seed packet) the 20 million from Big D is nothing. They would make 20 million nuyen a week every spring and summer for the rest of time.

If they were doing it for PR the money hardly makes it worth the time of Aztech considering how much time was spent on research. But yes it would be a damn near saintly approach by Aztech to give everyone cotton candy grass but would also presumably be a big money sink which, again, if market panic is right can Aztech really use that kind of a money pit?

Also, again, each possibility has a million different factors that could be fleshed out better than "munny n luv, bruh"
>>
What sort of everyday objects that we take for granted just don't exist or are extremely rare in Shadowrun?
Has paper been more or less obsoleted? Pens, paint, and so on?
>>
And here all this time I thought Cotton Candy Grass was some kind of edible grass that came in funky colours and was meant to be some kind of superfood.
>>
>>48639276
Then I don't know. Maybe they have some secret plot, maybe the grass summons horrors, maybe it gives AZT (additional) control over people, I don't know.
Of course it MAY be that they actually have no deeper goal and the writers are just fucking with us by creating it and making us all paranoid.
Someone with a deeper understanding of the lore would be better equipped to answer this.
>>
>>48639329
Real news. Not everyone gets into jackpoint.

I imagine some corporate drones have an entirely different idea of what the rest of the world is up to.

Think, North Korea levels of mis-information.
>>
>>48638429
Have it be an omegaware pain editor. It's a shitty Aztechnology counterfeit, so it kicks on and off.
>>
>>48639329
Air conditioning
>>
File: 200[1].gif (851KB, 367x200px) Image search: [Google]
200[1].gif
851KB, 367x200px
>>48638429
Yeah.
>>
>>48639510
By the same token, much of Jackpoint might have a seriously distorted worldview, informed by out of control cynicism and conspiracy theories. We're talking about somewhere populated primarily by anarchists, criminals, and spies here. They've got their own less-than-unbiased assumptions and worldviews that facts are filtered through, and which censors details which don't confirm their biases.
>>
>>48639856

Part of me wonders how powerful corps are for PR and how they keep the populace sedated.

It's implied that there is some equivalent to Facebook and/or Twitch that allows for news to be disseminated mostly through human interaction but with a much more direct connection from the Big Ten and their thousands of subsidiaries. So presumably some "real" news gets in and presumably people still have enough buying power and market savvy and choice to at least direct their money flow to what they like and away from what they don't like (which would be how Ares loses out on billions by flubbing excalibur) but U have to assume the design of this media is much more dystopian, with certain people being brainwashed by Ares or Neonet into ditching their families in order to work harder and prove themselves to the Big C and get that big promotion, or with certain families living and dying entirely on Aztech products and never knowing the kind of horrors their company is up to.

It seems like this kind of horrible information/misinformation cycle is do individual gms can cherry pick what is and isn't real in their version of the Sixth World.

So maybe Aztech is full of sociopaths bleeding the public dry and with poison food and lies or maybe they're the best Corp ever and they just want to help!
>>
>>48638919
That's not accurate, or at all similar
>>
>>48640058
>Part of me wonders how powerful corps are for PR
Close to omnipotent. Aztechnology is loved by the majority of the vulgum pecus despite Aztlan being a Blood Magic fuelled shithole.

>With certain people being brainwashed by Ares or Neonet into ditching their families in order to work harder and prove themselves to the Big C and get that big promotion, or with certain families living and dying entirely on Aztech products and never knowing the kind of horrors their company is up to.

That's -exactly- what wageslaves are. People who live their entire lives as the tiny cogs making a corp run.
>>
>>48640058
>presumably people still have enough buying power and market savvy and choice to at least direct their money flow to what they like and away from what they don't like
To some degree. Simsense is still a big thing, with strengths just under legal limits being pretty addictive and brainwashing.

>certain people being brainwashed by Ares or Neonet into ditching their families in order to work harder
Corporations really like orphans - they're the best for transferring familial bonding onto the corporation. They like them so much they've been creating them for decades now.
>>
>>48640224

Did anyone flesh out simsense? And its effect on the entertainment industry? Because it always struck me as the kind of thing that just makes cinemas and theatres completely unnecessary (and possibly even Narrative - based art in general). And yeah BTLS ARE bad but haven't been so prevalent to make simsense illegal.
>>
>>48640666
Sorry for not being clear, Satan.

BTLs are just simsense with their feed jacked up beyond legal levels. That does not mean legal levels are safe by today's standards.
>>
>>48640906

Huh? I was asking about the state of the entertainment industry.

No criticism just legit question. Also yeah I agree with your assessment of legally "safe" simsense.
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>48641600
>>48641600
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.