[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trading Card Game: The TCG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: card.png (187KB, 236x351px) Image search: [Google]
card.png
187KB, 236x351px
60 card deck, max 4 of any card, 20 life points.

5x4 grid for cards to fight on. Another row on either side for holding servers. Pendulum zones on either side. Servers contain things from your hand to holdings to enchantments, and can be destroyed if they are successfully run onto.

Start with a champion in play, who plays roughly the same as battlecon but on a grid. Cards are played through the champion. Champion's abilities determines deck playstyle.

Next tier of creatures is heroes, who play as pokemon, and attach land cards to themself to power up. If you lose 6 heroes you lose the game, and they have a retreat cost which can be used in the back row, and are usually only very potent after evolving.

Next tier down are creatures, which (tentatively) work as both ice and icebreakers.

The china card passes back and forth between players offering a temporary advantage until its used and passed along.

Effects may require a vote, for which a jury of 6 (3 members chosen by each player in deck creation) vote for whichever player best fulfils their criteria. China card can be spent for a vote, and some cards can grant a vote. Tie does not pass.

Possibly a pool of mana dice (mage knight) supplied each round to power up effects.

Most cards can be turned upsidedown to act as land.

Units can be dishonored.

Any other mechanic that could possibly fit. I can't find a way to work mid game deckbuilding in without making the game very luckbased due to a setup favouring one player's deck.

Does anyone care about this at all?
>>
...I would play it.
>>
Sounds rad OP, keep going.
>>
I have no idea what is going on.
But i like it.
>>
>>48616845
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/ENEMY

Go nuts.
>>
Two decks you can draw from
One witch you can shuffle every turn after witch you put it upside down and draw one card from if you want.
Another witch if you didn't draw from the former you can draw two cards from.
>>
>>48616845
>exactly 60 cards in the deck
May I ask why?
>>
>>48616845

To anyone who hasn't played all of those card games, it's impossible to tell if you're actually trying to make something or if you're just making some Calvinball joke.
>>
>>48618104
60 is the minimum in magic and the maximum in yugioh. This game is a combination of yugioh, magic and pokemon.
>>
>>48618907
And Netrunner, and L5R, and Duel Masters, and AGoT LCG.
>>
>>48616845
What would you focus on for lore?
>>
>>48622033
>not OP, but
Ancient Egyptian card game wizards called Planeswalkers capture mystical creatures, then summon them to do battle in the grim cyberpunkness of modern day Japan.
>>
Exceed probably works better than battlecon since there would be less analysis paralysis each turn. (Champions reveal moves simultaneously, with each move being a pair of one base card that is always available and one card drawn from the deck that modifies the action).
I'm not sure how to transition from simultaneous play to the main round. If the fastest action plays their turn first, it will be very encouraging to just go for priority.

Heroes can be advanced and scored as agendas when they're in a server.

I'm unsure how to manage hand, discard and deck as servers. If they are separate servers that takes up 3/5 options, which doesn't leave nearly enough for other effects.
>>
>>48618104
I actually meant minimum, and was just trying to condense information to stop turning people away.
I don't particularly care though.
>>
>>48622114
Exactly this. The modern day planeswalker has to worry about their orcish firewalls becoming dishonorable.
>>
OP for the 4th time.

Things to incorporate:

Harry potter card game
MLP card game
this .hack card game someone linked.
Cardfight vanguard is sort of incorporated as an additional rule for heroes, but its not good.
the wod vampire card game had elements but they've been merged to the point they're not really recognizeable.

Suggestions would be good, and also help with the problems I mentioned a couple of posts ago.
>>
>>48623041
>Global Rule 15
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.