[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guts versus a Space Marine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: Crimson Fist vs Guts.jpg (227KB, 781x547px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Fist vs Guts.jpg
227KB, 781x547px
>Guts after the Golden Age Arc with berserker armor
>Crimson Fist Veteran Sergeant with a power fist and power sword

They start fifty meters on a grassy field, the fight is to the death. Who is the better warrior?
>>
>>48616800
Space Marine, no contest. Guts could probably take down a low ranker, but a Veteran Sergeant of the Crimson Fists is just too much OP, especially with a power sword AND power fist. Guts only has his sword, which I doubt would be incredsibly effective against power armor, and the power fist can always catch a blow (like what Calgar did with the Avatar of Khaine).
>>
guts can't die unless every drop of blood is spilled or every bone is broken when he is using berserk armor so for this fact alone im giving it to guts
>>
nice self bump fag
>>
>>48616904
>space marines
>can't stomp shit real gud
pick one
>>
>>48616958
I admit, I bumped it in steam in hope of spawning a argument. Normally steam causes my posts to show up as a different user.
>>
>>48616800
I think guts could do it, hes basically an especially crafty ork anyway.
>>
>>48616995
very true however guts kills shit bigger than him alone and lives while space marines kill shit bigger than them in groups and die
>>
>>48616800
Space marines eat brains to absorb memories.
>>
>>48617100
And Guts sword makes clanging noises when hitting ghosts.
>>
>>48617132
spooky
>>
>>48617016
Yeah, I'd give Guts the edge (lol) on this one, he's bullshit enough that he could probably cut through power armour and part of his whole shit is people underestimate how fast he is and then he cuts them in half
>>
>>48616800
Vet Sarge: "You say you have five Chaos gods? And you know one personally? And it raped your girlfriend stupid?"
Guts: "That's right."
Vet Sarge: "Here's the card of a friend of mine. I'm sure he'd be happy to help. Draigo's a good man. And thorough."
>>
>>48616800
If this is like, Boats Guts, it really is no contest. He thrashed Grunbeld who's Daemon Prince tier. He can fight Zodd on even ground now probably.

A veteran sarge won't be able to deal with that, plus the fact Guts can regenerate in that armour. And move around like he's a fucking Eldar Harlequin.

For fucksake, he killed a God wearing that thing and with his fuckoff huge sword.
>>
>>48617237
>>
>>48617201
His sword is sort of magic at this point too.
>>
>>48617607
doesn't that just mean it's more effective against demons and spirits?
>>
>>48616800
The Berserker armor would drag out the fight for a lot longer than it would last otherwise, but let's face facts. Almost everything in Berserk except for the actual magic and demon shit follows the regular laws of physics, and power weapons and ceramite armor don't. The Dragonslayer is made of regular steel, but it's just a regular sword outside of being fucking massive. And a power sword is more or less a metal lightsaber, and could easily destroy something like that. Gut's would have no way to get past the armor and the Marine would eventually get a lucky shot and cut him in half. Not to mention centuries more battle experience fighting roughly the same enemies, but Guts could probably compensate for that.
>>
>>48617237
Barring the fact that a veteran sergeant won't know Draigo, this is the only right answer.
>>
>>48616800
>who would win, fantasy or science fantasy
Dude, you went full retard
>>
>>48617945
>The Dragonslayer is made of regular steel, but it's just a regular sword outside of being fucking massive.
Hey, it also gets bonuses against fighting the supernatural due to being bathed in the blood of so many demons!

Which won't help him at all against a Space Marine, not to mention the power sword.

Fuck, even Guts' cannon and whatnot won't really help him - spess mehren armor is kind of bullshit.
>>
File: 20160804_071834.jpg (188KB, 824x467px) Image search: [Google]
20160804_071834.jpg
188KB, 824x467px
>>48617237
Yeah but you may have to keep him sane for a few minutes to get anything done. Or just tell him the demons have warp dust.
>>
>>48616800

>warhammer fans proving that they don't know anything about anything

Please. Just stick to warhammer. It's embarrassing to see you try to discuss anything else.
>>
>>48618192
>Guts tries to tell Draigo what the members of the Godhand are capable of.
>"I HAVE ALREADY DEFEATED THEM!"
>>
>>48616800
Is this the anime flavor of the week?
>>
File: 1462145224997.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462145224997.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
>>48620129
yeah the manga that started in 1989 is anime of the week right now
>>
>>48617237
>t. Mat Ward
>>
>>48619890
This. All of these threads go the same way every time. Someone posits a potentially interesting conflict, but the 40kids come in and whip out their shriveled dicks and wave them around, bragging about how ridiculously strong everything in their precious precious setting is, then people who actually know something about the non-40k character come in and give extensive and informative evaluation on the character's abilities and how they would reasonably hold up in the conflict, and then the 40kids whine and stomp and cry about how that character has plot armour or some shit.

These threads are trash.
>>
>>48620193
>what is a fad
>>
>>48620622
>why are you trying so hard to cover up your ignorance?
>>
>>48616800
Both of their equipments are enchanted, basically i feel it would go down like this
>space marine shoots guts to shit
>guts has to run up taking shrapnel and has to dodge every bolter shot
>if he gets up there the space marine is probably still stronger than guts so guts dragonslayer becomes the slab of iron it always was
>space marine slaps away sword with powerfist and swings at guts with his sword
>guts gets literally broken, protected by "heretical magyckz" until the space marine drives all of the life from gut's broken body
>right after gut's last drop of blood is spilled but right before death guts falls to chaos and kills the marine doing a rising helmbreaker that slices the marine in half
>khorne later would invade terra with his new avatar
>>
>>48620193
>He says, posting another anime of the week
>>
File: 1385075787655.png (177KB, 337x554px) Image search: [Google]
1385075787655.png
177KB, 337x554px
>>48621073
>>
>>48621073
I'll be frank, I'm pretty triggered.
>>
>>48620974
It's not ignorant. It doesn't need to be new to have a huge resurgence in popularity and show up in every third thread. Why are you pretending that your anime isn't a fad just because it's old.

Besides, I believe a new series or rerun or something is out, which is obviously triggering all the fans to come out of the woodwork.
>>
>>48616800
>Who is the better warrior?
The Space Marine, as he has centuries of experience.

>who would win
The Space Marine, because his gear is even more OP than Guts'.
>>
>>48621063
op said he only had a power fist and power sword where is all this bolter shit coming from
>>
>OP after months of making daily 40k vs X threads on /tg/
>suecide because he's a pathetic neckbeard weabo and a fucking retard
They start 5 meters in OPs room, mom just left after bringing OP dinner. Who wins?
>>
>>48620129
>of the week

Berzerk has been popular for a long ass time, it showing up in /tg/ threads has also been going on for years.
>>
>>48626204
Actually this was my first one, and I made it hoping for a glorious shitstorm.

Sadly this did not happen.
>>
>>48616800
Guts. So long as he has an enemy to fight and no ones around to stop his berserker transformation like friends or loved ones he'll win.
At the current point in time he's more than 2-3rds in the upper realm between spirit and material worlds and thus is powered by his own imagination and willpower. You'd have to break everything and drain all his blood just to have a chance at him stopping and you have to do that with through the self healing armor and the self healing body all while he constantly powers himself up to be the strongest man.
Until you get him out of the armor he's constantly pushing himself just enough to be above you at all times in power. Hell, his limbs don't even stay off his body for long and his sword is artifact-tier powered by demon blood forging and the above willpower bs so it cuts souls as well as armor with ease.

Tl:dr its just not a fair fight and never will be as guts has all this magical plotline bullshit to the point he just can't die unless you've died before him.
>>
>>48626640

I used to like Beserk.
>>
>>48626685
I did to. It was man against monster and man was kicking ass.
>>
>>48626640
>>48627482
https://youtu.be/mGNWRaM3zX4
>>
>>48618080
It doesn't work like that. Guts and his sword exist partly on the astral plane due to branding and demon blood respectively. This allows Guts to use his anger and willpower to effectively make his physical body powerful enough to do what he wants to do. This also means his sword is more dangerous as it harms the astral bodies of creatures, it wounds your very essence regardless of toughness, regenerative abilities or magical protection. I believe it may also make the sword more physically deadly but its been a while so i cant say for sure.
>>
>>48628300
It does. The blade is sharper. It possibly ignores its weight or he physically makes himself able to swing it like a normal sword at speed, probably the latter till blows land as he's able to hold it at arms length without his 300lb ass tipping over or he wills himself to stand. If he wants it to cut through your armor like a tin can thats what it does. It also might be semi-sentient at this point like his armor is.
Theres semi-erased lore that since he was born from death he might always have been this way to some degree hence why he was able to swing shit like that from childhood and survive armed combat at such a young age since its all he's known.
>>
File: Faggot ass monsters.png (155KB, 495x366px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot ass monsters.png
155KB, 495x366px
Guts wins because he's the protagonist of the story and underdog victories are flat out cooler. Space Marine probably looks like he's got the upper hand, then Guts pulls some ace trick out of his sleeve and blows him the fuck out.
>>
>>48628909

>ace trick out of his sleeveass

So like every anime hero ever? Such an overused, deus ex machina plot device.
>>
>>48626513
Yeah, no. It has skyrocketed in popularity in the past month. Don't pretend it has been around forever, it's not Jojo.
>>
>>48630633
Please tell me you're a troll or mentally compromised in some way.
>>
File: hey pal.jpg (28KB, 477x372px) Image search: [Google]
hey pal.jpg
28KB, 477x372px
>>48630633
>>
File: 10155494.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
10155494.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>48628909
>Guts pulls some ace trick out of his sleeve and blows him the fuck out.
>>
>>48620193
So did Jojo and look how cancerous the fanbase is for that now. All it takes is a new anime adaptation to start for the idiots to come crawling.

Berserk is a legitimately amazing manga though and doesn't deserve the injustice that is the current anime.
>>
File: 1470358910952.png (141KB, 599x762px) Image search: [Google]
1470358910952.png
141KB, 599x762px
>>48616800
>>48632136
>>48621063

Here's something you have to understand OP. I love Berserk in pretty much every way. Its basically if GRRM wrote a manga.
However, the space marine wins this fight for the following reason.

Guts is the ideal recruit for space marine training. Think about that.
SMs recruit from the baddest people they can find, someone like Guts who is a seasoned daemon hunter as a human would be someone a space marine would look at and want to call them battle brother, but they couldn't until they go through the training.

So Guts is basically what a SM is without the augmentation or special gear.

>But muh bombs and arm cannon
Probably weaker than a bolt shell being made with renaissance level tech

>But muh dragonslayer
Its a fuckhuge sword, no doubting that, and its exactly the kind of thing an SM would be trained to deal with. Could it break ceremite or damage the SM within? Probably, but the power sword/fist would most certainly kill Guts through his armor, and Guts does not have the sheer physical power an SM would have.

>But muh berserker armor
Its nice, and the SM would have to literally squeeze the blood out of his body to kill him, and it could with said power fist because again, the SM is much, much stronger than Guts. Remember that the SM armor enhances their strength as well.

>But Guts could fall to chaos and become a khorne daemon
Don't underestimate guts. This is a man who has every reason to go completely insane with rage, who has literal daemons in his head taunting him to take everything he was ever denied by the cruel world he lives in, and he does not. This is a man with willpower stronger than that slab of iron he calls a sword
>>
>>48630447
>So like every anime hero ever?

No, I mean like every roguish hero / anti-hero since the dawn of fucking time.
>>
>>48632400
>>48632400
Dubs speak the truth
>>
>>48632432
I'd hardly call Guts a rogue
>>
Guts has one v oned multiple daemon princes.
Daemon princes are stronger than space marines vet sergeants

Seems simple to me desu.
>>
>>48632400
>Could Guts get through space marine training?
probably
>>
>>48632456
>1v1 multiple daemon princes
I'd say 1v1 against daemons. You really need to set your bar higher. Each member of the godhand would probably be considered a daemon prince
>>
>>48632400
You're missing a main issue and a secondary issue that skews the scales vastly.
A. Thanks to his mark and armor he exists a great deal in the astral plane. This basically means his will is reality much like a witch's. If the space marines faster he can will his body to be faster than that, if the armor needs more blood he wills himself to have more, his internals get liquified and the armor and/or him will fix that, etc. it's just literal plot armor that adapts to anything he sets his mind to.
B. The sword is essentially the same way due to being wielded by him and having bathed in so much demon blood. Armor doesn't stop it and it cleaves your soul as well as flesh so your shit will never heal or heal insanely slowly.

It's just one of those details often slapped on stuff like this that just makes what seems like a fair fight into a onesided circle jerk and why i now hate berserk.
>>
>>48632519
Woah. No. Each member of godhand has entire control over an aspect of reality. Gravity, time, memory, sexual power, physical power and each and everyone has decent control over the rest. They just have some limitations as to their existence and ability to meddle we haven't had explained yet.
>>
>>48632519
Guts slew 100 armored men in combat when he was considerably inferior to his "current" power level.
Not even a movie marine could beat 100 naked chaos cultists with hand weapons.
Zodd, Wyald, the emperor, all on par with daemon princes.

Guts would probably have 3 wounds, have eternal warrior thanks to his armor, have stupid strength thanks to his daemon weapon, and generally is an op cunt.
Space marine has few advantages.
>>
>>48632676
He did that when he was a weak teen. By his 20's he was chopping up demons the size of houses. After his mark he did that routinely every night and considered it a warm up. Once he got his armor he could slice living storm clouds in half and go toe to toe with elemental creatures and demi-gods. He's slowly working his way to slaying a god and he seems to be on track considering he's achieved a magical level of bullshit that he just can't lose unless you hurt his feelings and/or ego.
There's just no comparison.
>>
>>48632601
>A. Thanks to his mark and armor he exists a great deal in the astral plane. This basically means his will is reality much like a witch's. If the space marines faster he can will his body to be faster than that, if the armor needs more blood he wills himself to have more, his internals get liquified and the armor and/or him will fix that, etc. it's just literal plot armor that adapts to anything he sets his mind to.
The ONLY thing that his mark does is attract demons to him. Its basically a "free grade A beef" sticker in the middle of an american BBQ weekend

As for the berserker armor, it increases his strength and speed to what humans can achieve when the bodies safety switches go off and the body is allowed to exert itself until it breaks, much like an adrenaline rush that allows a mother to lift a car off her children.
The armor also holds his bones in place if they break and allows him to keep fighting so long as he has even a little bit of blood left, so basically in order to kill him you have to deplete his literal health bar or he will come back.

>B. The sword is essentially the same way due to being wielded by him and having bathed in so much demon blood. Armor doesn't stop it and it cleaves your soul as well as flesh so your shit will never heal or heal insanely slowly.
The sword bathed in demon blood so it exists on the astral plane yes. This ONLY means that it can hurt things that exist on the astral plane such as demons, ghosts, and all manner of supernatural nasties that would otherwise not actually die if their physical body was destroyed.

Guts isn't an ork, he can't just "will" himself to be stronger or faster, he's gotten outmatched plenty of times and had to think of other solutions.
>>
>>48632723
>weak teen

I know youre trying to make a comparison but come on man, Guts's life is pretty much that of a primarch. Except he told the politicking and general amassing people thing to gtfo.
>>
>>48616800
Well guts has a deamon weapon with the power of many many demons a lot greater demons and a fucking god. That space mareen is fucked
>>
>>48632816
You should reas up on the lore. The mark is a physical anchor to the astral plane and goes right to his soul. He exists in the astral plane thanks to it and the little witch girl even mentions it several times and lorewise its how he does what he does. Its even why he could see the watery spirits when others couldn't until griffith remade the world. His armor does vastly more than keep him working at peak human ability it augments shit AND its also an astral construct, as of a chapter or so ago he can't physically live outsidr of it thanks to an injury of the soul. While it does heal him it makes him better and faster at the cost of eating away at him physically, mentally, and spiritually. It also does more than keep his bones in place as it literally kept his organs from liquifying in the sea beast, entirely healed his shattered arms, and lets him fully control his iron hand.
The sword has been shown to be magically augmented and cuts similarly to the behelit sword but to a far lesser degree ie armor doesn't stop it anymore.
Its all astral bullshit which is entirely effected by his willpower. It's how he musters more bullshit every stronger enemy as he just says he won't lose so he plain won't. I'm not even sure crushing his brain will stop him so long as his soul or pure angst exists.
>>
>>48632949
>Guts can will himself to do anything literally
I will admit that I am unaware of this. Gonna have to read up on the lore a bit more

As for the dragonslayer, I thought armor didn't stop it simply because its simply too heavy for standard plate to do anything against it.
>>
>>48633130
Its heavy but the main deal is its just bullshit and does what it wants. The behelit sword cut reality guts' sword works along the same principle by him and it just wanting it to cut "better" the same way he wills himself.
Like i said earlier, its all bullshit and i want original berserk back.
>>
>>48633184
>Like i said earlier, its all bullshit and i want original berserk back.
I agree wholeheartedly anon.
>>
I wouldn't say the armor heals him, it more keeps him together by burrowing into him and forming a matrix or lattice. You are also forgetting to mention how important Puck and Ivalera are to keep him going.

Dont forget Guts is already stupid durable, he caught a super sonic moth-jet with his face so he could stab the cunt.
>>
>>48633424
Nah. The armor jabbed into each bone, oriented them properly, then healed them. It was fine after the fact as evidence.
>>
>>48632823
>I know youre trying to make a comparison but come on man, Guts's life is pretty much that of a primarch. Except he told the politicking and general amassing people thing to gtfo.

>Except he told the politicking and general amassing people thing to gtfo.

The adventuring party he's been building seems to indicate otherwise.
>>
>>48632400
>Its nice, and the SM would have to literally squeeze the blood out of his body to kill him, and it could with said power fist because again, the SM is much, much stronger than Guts. Remember that the SM armor enhances their strength as well
Power weapons dissolve atomic bonds. He wouldn't actually need to drain his blood, the Space Marine can just straight up cleave through the armor like it isn't even there. Same with the sword.
>>
>>48632676
>Not even a movie marine could beat 100 naked chaos cultists with hand weapons.
Uh, they actually do so all the time. The Iron Snakes slew tens of thousands of Orks in the space of just a couple minutes. 100 cultists literally could do nothing to a space marine and would be a total slaughter.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.