[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 38

File: U8RBmdc.jpg (462KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
U8RBmdc.jpg
462KB, 1622x1058px
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
>>48602509

Friendly reminder, no AoS release in August.

In GHB, Artefacts of Destruction, Battle Brew. It give massive buff to hero every round(2+2+ on every weapon), but it sound like one use only type. Is that a typo or working as intended?
>>
First again for Duardin. Aelfs a shit.
>>
>>48614174
I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE ON THIS. PACK IT UP BOYS
>>
why did they hire back matt ward
>>
>>48614141
I have no clue on converting saurus, annoyingly the saurus rider for the carnosaur has nearly enough parts to make two, one riding one one on foot, but it has only one rear torso, I'm going to see if a friend can help me make a mold, normally the on foot variant would be an old blood on foot, but can be converted into a sunblood with some cutting of the face and using one of the two carnosaur head crests as a shield.
>>
>>48614220
I never really got into the ward era. What was so bad? Was it over the top ridiculous shit?
>>
File: forever-alone_1469827255038.jpg (11KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
forever-alone_1469827255038.jpg
11KB, 214x236px
>tfw no new Tomb Kings
>>
>>48614254
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Matthew_Ward
>>
>>48614174
Hell yeah!
>>
>>48614282
You may be depressed, but you're better than using old outdated memes.
>>
>>48614254

The power creep in the books he wrote was particularly bad at the time, though I don't think it was the worst balance ever. Most notably he was responsible for severely ruining 7th Ed. balance when he wrote the Daemons of Chaos book, but I don't think anything else he's done ever came close to that bad.

He's also notorious for his work on the Grey Knights codex, which had some hilariously heretical "lore" added to it. Such as: Grey Knights anointing themselves in Sisters blood to fight off daemons of Khorne, Drago kicking the shit out of Mortarian and literally carving his masters name in his heart, and other such unnecessary nonsense in an attempt to make the already awesome Grey Knights even more awesome-er.

Essentially he was someone we loved to hate, and then we realized he wasn't nearly that bad when GW REALLY started to go off the deep end.
>>
>>48614370
>>
>>48614393
You can use it in free play/narrative but not in matched play, unless you proxy it as something else.
>>
>>48614408
So the warden king?
>>
>>48614470
Yep.
>>
>>48614408
This is wrong. You can use the dwarf lord warscroll using the warden king points.

It's the dwarf lord on shieldbearers that has his own points
>>
>>48614541
where does it say that?
>>
>>48614352
I liked the old grey knights lore and he ruined it

they were the best of the best that humanity could bring to the fight in a desperate struggle against the impossible, and they only barely ever won, yet those meager victories were just enough. They were born perfect, but they had overcome it; if they strayed in the slightest, all of the Imperium would surely be doomed.

after ward they were just some boring john cena clones who never lost and were somehow more perfect than the ultramarines, who are you know, just so perfect
>>
>>48614603
The FAQ said you can use previous versions of a warscroll. The dwarf lord is the previous version of the warden king.

Therefore you use the dwarf lord warscroll, and the warden king would be his points. This would allow the great weapon dwarf lord to be used in matched play.

But if you want the dwarf lord on shieldbearers (any weapon variant) the ghb provides points specifically for that
>>
>>48614174
no discussion there
>>
Hey guys, in total war: warhammer, who's the one eyed guy with the bird?
>>
>>48614685

So I can use the same thing for my ardboys/black orcs? Would you mind providing a link to that?
>>
>>48614710
Yes you can use the black orcs warscroll if you want, but keep in mind the keywords remain in the old warscrolls and may break some of the synergy with the newer units and warscrolls.

Don't have a link, but it's gw's FAQ for aos. I'm on my phone so it's just inconvenient
>>
>>48614788
the general's handbook faq is only 2 pages long and mentions nothing like this.

Dude is just making shit up.
>>
>>48614704
OC for the game.
>>
File: received_10153823240527379.jpg (21KB, 382x573px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153823240527379.jpg
21KB, 382x573px
Hi guize
>>
>>48614710
>>48614819
He's talking about the regular FAQ, page 6.
>>
>>48614904

Is this a troll or meme or something? Because I like that pose.
>>
>>48614908

Oh, interesting, thanks.
>>
>>48614282
If you love them so much back the indigogo campaign for undead agyptians. They gathered a laughable amount of 5k € so far. Really Khemri is gone for good, nobody buys these models and they wouldn't fit into the shitfest that is aos fluff anyway.
>>
>>48614932
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/983
>>
>>48614819
It's 7 pages, actually. The rules in taking about start on page 6.
>>
Is everyone else asleep or something? Thred's ded.
>>
>>48614987

That's cool but also lame because >exclusives

Ah well.
>>
>>48615618
Eh, I'm just here to monitor, I don't have anything to say.
>>
>>48615618
A large fanbase portion of this game is in the us, and its like 1 over there
>>
>>48614969
Literally anything fits in with AoS. That's the whole point of the vast realms or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>48615719

It's anywhere from midnight to 3am on a weekday, yeah. Only up myself because I'm sick abd called out for a few days.

Has given me time to paint a few models in between bouts of vommitting.
>>
>>48614933
>>48614908
>>48614819
>>48614788
>>48614685

given that this is a permissive ruleset, and the old warscroll business is in the main FAQ while the GHB has nothing of the sort and actually has a prohibition on using anything that doesn't have a points value, is that still possible?

don't get me wrong I'd love for the answer to be yes as it gives me the option to use my highborn in a unified way again, but at the same time its tricky enough that I don't expect a consensus, but a majority opinion/gut reaction would be good.

relevant passages as far as I can tell:
warscrolls GHB pg 108: "in order to be used in a pitched battle, a warscroll or battalion must have a pitched battle profile (p 129-152)."

main FAQ pg 6: "Q if I have two different warscrolls for the same unit, can I choose which to use, or must I use the most recent. A: you can choose which to use, but it may be more convenient for your opponent if you use the most recent version"
>>
>>48615784
[cont]

my personal feeling is that it allows some compendium armies that would otherwise be gutted in pitched play to work (high elves, wood elves, some empire builds, I'm not familiar enough with death and destruction to know how this effects them) and is generally pretty reasonable.
>>
How easy is it to sell armies on eBay?

I might buy a friends army, take what I want from it and sell the rest.
>>
>>48614685
If it doesn't have points you can't use it.

You have to use it as a warden if you're using the points of a warden

This is common sense you're just a massive retard
>>
>>48616013
>This is common sense you're just a massive retard
i doubt this... massive retards usually don't know how to use the internet or computers or tablets or shit like that. your being an ass.
>>
>>48614904

We wuz Stormniggas and shieet?
>>
>>48614174
Fuck Dwarfs, new Elves when?
>>
/AoSG/, what's the current state of the dwarfs? I know there's the naked fire guys, but what's going on with regular dwarfs? They're still around on the site, gimme the fluff?
>>
>>48616911
Like Free people, we don't have any more fluff than what's in the GA: ORDER book. Check the OP for that.
>>
>>48616945
Oh okay. Thanks. So they're all just in Sigmar's realm waiting until they get to go smash Chaos and rebuild?
>>
Nagash is Sigmar edition.
>>
>>48614904
Is this the first Stormcast we've seen without his helmet?
>>
>>48617001
>>48617001
Basically. They occasionally go out for siegecraft and to construct and garrison new holds in the realms (most prominently the Greywater Fastness), but on the whole they chill in Aryrheim and crank out enough war materiel to last for ages.
>>
>>48617024
Model-wise? Yes.
>>
>>48614904

WE WUZ STORMKAST ETERNALLS N SHEET
>>
>>48614282
Bullying aside, I'm with you anon. I would have loved to collect a Sand Necrons army.
>>
>>48614969
>They gathered a laughable amount of 5k € so far
how is that laughable if it was in the first week and is already enough to make the most important models (heroes, infantry, chariots, ushabtis and sphinxes)?
>>
>>48614904
God I hate these special snowflakes even more
>>
>>48617382
So they say, woulnd't be the first time a crowdfunded product massively understates their actual budget.

>Hey Guiys we can make awesome triple A product for 500k please donate and share.
>>
Anyone know if multiple cursed books on different heroes stack?

The phrasing seems to imply it.
>>
>>48617576
Why not?
>>
>>48617576
holy shit, coming from 40k I assumed that you could only take an artifact only one time but rereading there is nothing that say that. So you can effectively take multiple cursed books or acorn of the ages.
>>
How are tree-revenants? The models are awesome but I feel the point cost is pretty steep. Someone has tried them?
>>
I'm building a terrorghiest/zombie dragon, and was curious about what the wing span would be if fully stretched out. It is 65cm (over two foot)... That is big. Any one know what the wing span on other dragons is?
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 1000x1000px
>>48614682

>mfw the Daemonhunters codex was my inroads to miniature war gaming
>looking back on it, it was the apex of what s codex could be. Beautiful art, imagination stoking fluff, almost as many wargear options as the chaos codex, well painted models and how to guides.
>rules sucked but who cares
>it'll never happen again
>>
>>48617395

Wtf I hate black people now
>>
there any good articles on the new duardin stuff?
>>
So my friend bought the Everqueen model, not for the game but just to paint only the beetle. As a result I'm picking up just the Alarielle model from my friend for chump change.

I don't play Order though, I play Chaos. So my question is this, how should I convert a corrupted version of the Alarielle model?

My first thought was a more dynamic, plastic, version of Valkia the Bloody. But I could just make a demon prince with wings. Any ideas /tg/?
>>
>>48618334
use her with bloodthirster rules, shes big enough
would love to see pics
>>
>>48618334

Man that beetle would be -amazing- for conversions if it wasn't so covered in sculpted plant details.
>>
>>48614220
has anyone read any of wards other books (the tribute, queen of eventide, etc)

are they any good?
>>
>>48618403
use the hobby knife gohan
UUUUUUUUUUUSE IT
>>
>>48618347
>>48618334

Keeper of Secrets would make more sense right?
>>
>>48618432
yea actually lol
>>
>>48618432
I would agree with this, except the Keeper of Secrets is complete trash in the rules these days. Its best ability is Dark Temptation, which no one in their right mind would accept the offer.

But a Bloodthirster would also be metal as fuck.
>>
how feasible is it to field a god tier character such as archaon, everqueen or nagash in 2000 point games?
or even in matched play on the whole?
>>
File: Alarielle02.jpg (208KB, 814x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle02.jpg
208KB, 814x1080px
I need Sylvaneth Artwork
>>
>>48618452
yeah but the conversion or paintjob has to be pretty convincing for me to consider Allarielle as a bloodthirster.

That's the thing with a good proxy, it's still instantly recogiseable as the thing it is portraying, otherwise its a flawed proxy.
>>
anyone else think she looks better with actual eyes?
>>
>>48618521
She looks like she's checking out dat ass somewhere off to the right.
>>
>aosg moving faster than i can keep up with it

feels good and bad man
>>
>>48618415

I don't have the sculpting skills to repair it afterwards.
>>
>>48618521
i'd like her more without the stupid headgear
>>
File: 1341933405791.jpg (2MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
1341933405791.jpg
2MB, 4288x2848px
>>48618469
I'd always find it silly.

Why would those god-like characters even cares about your tiny warband, at the point of even take control and use them in a battle too?

Don't they have better stuff to do?

I've never used a named character in my life. The rules for them I did, but I was borrowing them for my characters.

It's like playing D&D and choosing to play as Tordek or Soveliss instead of your own character.
It just feels wrong to me.
>>
>>48618575
Yeah, I find it weird too. If I was playing a "historical" narrative scenario I could see the appeal (but it wouldn't be worth buying a big expensive model just for that, I guess). But otherwise I want my dudes to be My Dudes.
>>
>>48618575
a lot of the time when playing wargames I like to imagine what your seeing is a tiny portion of a much larger battlefeild
Deathlords faction practically requires nagash to be viable, so you can write it off as a force charging to the heart of the skelly horde and taking out the leader and his bodyguards
>>
>>48618575
Hear hear
>>
>>48618575
the only time I'd use named character is in a horus heresy game, as it basically is a historical wargame
also because theres only one viable option for a generic praetor and mirror matches between two paragon blade guys is boring
also the models are GORGEOUS
>>
Newbie here, thinking of starting my adventure with Age of Sigmar. I tried reading some resources about how to start but all of them seem very vague. Especially in my native language, there is abolutely nothing. I know that there are those "start collecting" packs but I bet they're not enough themselves.

So my question is - what is REALLY required to start having fun with this game? Figurines are one thing, but what about brushes, paints? Maybe some other gadgets? Are there any good articles about where to start? And how much might it possibly cost?
>>
>>48618675
pick yourself a faction

check out their current tactica page at https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics
also a decent place to read up on the rules

look up some of the youtube channel painting
tutorial for your chosen faction units, duncan rhodes is painting jesus

build yourself a small army list, 1000 points is a good place to start (general handbook for points in the OP)

Buy models, use start collecting boxes as much as you can, and have fun
>>
>>48618725
the geedubs youtube channel that is
>>
>>48618675
Start Collecting is enough to play the game, furthermore you need:

Brushes
Paint
Basing stuff (sand, gravel, whatever)
Terrain/Table

Just go to your local GW or FLGS and they can help you along quite well.
>>
>>48617002
Someone explain this for me?
>>
>>48618319
Guess you have to quit /tg/ for /v/ and /pol/ now. Such a shame
>>
>>48617002
>>48618767
last thread
someone tried to make a standard 'sigmar is he man and nagash is skeletor'
except they put nagash is sigmar by mistake
and thus started the nagash is secretly sigmar conspiracy and the humanity is a flesh eater court conspiracy
go take a read
>>
File: IMG_4418.jpg (182KB, 908x954px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4418.jpg
182KB, 908x954px
>Being super exited on your new model
>Working several hours one day, pleased with the result
>Cant wait to finish it
>Working night time for several days, no other time but family business to spare
>Knowing you wont be able to finish it for days because of this!
>>
>>48618841
disregard jobs and family
acquire models
>>
>>48618866

the thought have crossed my mind, thus I might run in to the complications of not being able to afford the hobby if I dis my job.
>>
>>48618047
We wuz aelves n sheeeit
>>
>>48616013
>FAQ literally says this
>B-BUT MUH AUTISM
>>
>>48618902
I ran into this problem. I auit my job for actual reasons, now I'm looking for a new one. In the mean time i have all this spare time, but no money for new models. Luckily its given me time to work through my back log, and force me to get creative with my bitzbox and greenstuff
>>
>>48618047
I think the biggest problem people have with them is that they only have 1 wound.

They look pretty awesome on paper, the waypiper gives some them a cool teleport gimmick. I'd say they need support from a wizard in the form of an Arcane Shield en they are susceptible to mortal wounds.

Haven't played against them yet though but someone in our group is making 2 units of 5.

By the way, I really like that musicians/standard bearers now do unique things for every army. The baffled look on my opponents face when I redirected my clanrats with a retreat into a unit that was advancing on a objective was pretty priceless.
>>
So I asked a question last night about starting a Sigmarite Barbarian Army.

I asked about shields and rules, I was going to use Marauders as base.

Anyone have any good choices for shields?
>>
File: 1447293587073.jpg (325KB, 724x696px) Image search: [Google]
1447293587073.jpg
325KB, 724x696px
>>48618555

>he's moved on from claiming it's going faster than /40kg/ when his claims didn't pass even basic scrutiny

Good for you, son.
>>
/tg/ I want to dissassemble my War Hydra (unpainted) but assembled and I'd like to rebuild it into a Kharibdyss so I can build a small for of Scourgewater Privateers.

How would I do that? With infantry I just submerge them in Dettol but that's not really practical with a monster...
>>
>>48619000
Stormcast shields from the upgrade packs?
>>
>>48618469
Here are my thoughts for Archaon

Archaon 700pts
3 10 man Warriors of Chaos units
3 Units of Gors
2 Units of Chaos Knights
1 Sorcerlord on Horse

Basically use the fast Gors to block charges and flanks with their speed, hold back your opponents crazy shit, Bubble wrap, and objective grab.

Send your Chaos warriors to hold objectives in the midfield or at least hold the fucking line because they are great for that shit with 60 4+ wounds and 5+ mortal wound negation.

Send the Knights into counter charge mode and hunt enemy cavalry/ monsters. They don't have to kill these things, but they are tough enough to hold them for the pivotal first few combat phases on turns 2-3.

Your Sorcerer exists pretty much solely to buff Archaon with Mystic shield and Demonic power.

All that is left is Archaon, from turn one onward you buff him with mystic shield and the sorcerer, giving him a 2+ rerollable save against anything not rending. Send him to hunt your opponents units in the midfield. Do not, I repeat, do not just fly him at the enemy big shit like a Black Dragon Dreadlord, Stormdrake, or that tasty unit of Bloodknights. YES he is the fucking Everchosen, YES the model is awesome and you painted/paidsomeonetopaint it over hours of work and really want to see him fuck someone's shit up. But remember the lesson from Archaon's victory at the Cage of Bone, play the objective FIRST... THEN you can face fuck the Nagash all you want. The plebians can fucking wait. Your opponent would happily trade their 450pt Vampire on Dragon to keep Archaon from the real fight. They would be fucking each other up all game, leaving his 1550pts to cream your 1300. This is the last thing you want. Sure your going to kill that Vampire and feel good, but they will probably win the objective. I watched a game where the Order player taunted Archaon into charging his war hydra and then swung around with his Dark Elf Cold ones and took the 2 objectives and the game was lost right there.
Cont...
>>
>>48618969

Well, I'm of to my new job in September, better pay, and better hours. And for once I wont be working as many weekends (only time my friends are free), and can thus actually enjoy the game!
>>
>>48619135

Use Archaon first to sledgehammer the middle of the opponent's army, whatever that lynchpin unit is that they are banking on. Sometimes this is a 20man unit of Liberators, or a Dwarf longbeards, that wrathmonger unit buffing those bloodwarriors, or even a few solid Ogors running up the middle. Its up to you to figure out these important targets as that is your goal. Archaon is a 700pt heat seeking missile, make sure you hit home where its needed. Break that shit and fuck their day up. You dont need to kill everything, you probably wont be able too. What you WILL do is make your opponent unable to really breach your lines. If AoS has taught me anything, its that people usually have 1-2 pivotal basic units that they need to hold the line, fuck that shit up. Once they are crippled your Chaos warriors should be fucking fine and dandy holding the rest of the line and mucking up the opponent for the rest of the game. Don't worry if something wounds Archaon early. You have 20 wounds and a 2+ reroll and don't give a shit until you take 5 wounds anyway.

Then comes the strategy. Once their line is crippled and being held down you identify HOW they are trying to win the game. This could be a lone unit holding an objective, a hero planting a flag, a meteor being held by the opponent, anything. Nothing is ever really "Locked" in combat if there move is great enough, when the time is right run and "retreat him" over their units, you can fly remember into their backline and fuck up whatever objectives they need. Usually people dont have answers to suddenly having a pivotal unit erased in the late game. Then, when you opponent is fucked on objectives go fuck up that Dragon that's been eating your Knights all game. You deserve the treat.
>>
>>48619155

Should they try to Hero hunt YOU and they send their dragons or equivalent flying at Archaon to force the fight, simply fly into advantageous positions and let him charge you. Archaon doesnt have charge bonuses and so doesnt give a fuck. Dish out the damage, then retreat away from your front line and into their back line. He will have to choose if he wants to pursue the chase, and let you fuck him back line, or attack your back line, where you should have tarpit knights waiting for him. If he moves back to engage Archaon you now have the ability to make him react to you, fucking abuse that shit. No hero short of the Everqueen, Goddrak, and Scarbrand can really trade blows with Archaon and expect to win so dont fear their nonsense.

If your fighting an elite force, like All ogres, Soulblight BloodKnightSpam, Treeman Kuranos Hunters spam, Ironjawz and other nonsense, the game changes into attacking and nuking their fast superunits quickly. Each unit of Bloodknights or equivalent that fall is a terrible blow to the enemy, allowing you to outmaneuver them.

Monster lists are your best matchup, tie up walking monsters with your 20 wound Warrior units and 15 wound knight units. Speed the gor's for distractions/objectives, and Hunt the big game with Archaon and try for that sick Slayer of Kings Headshot.

Thats my basic idea. the same could be done with the Everqueen as she is very similar, just heals instead of having a buffed save. Nagash is the one that flat out doesnt work. He is a summoner in a game where summoning is terrible, no save him for big games.
>>
>>48619135
Arcaon can cast MS on himself and for all his beef, Daemonic Power is kind of a waste on him.
Also, no seconadry command abilities to use his own with and no Varanguard to buff into high heaven.
>>
>>48619024
Plastic glue melts the plastic together. I can't really see how you're going to do that short of cutting it up with a saw.
>>
>>48618469
>Nagash
Not really anymore, because summoning is fairly shitty right now and his enormous price tag
>Archaon
Not really all that good beyond being a nasty beatstick and fairly durable.
>Alarielle
If you give her a multiwound MSU army to support she's really nasty due to her enormous heal pulse, solid shooting and melee and general fuckery.
>>
>>48619205
Dettol normally does the trick, it leaves some scarring but that I have have stripped DE kabalites this way.

This is just a much bigger mini so I'm trying to come up with a efficient way to submerge the thing without filling an entire bucket with Dettol...
>>
>>48619274
I'm confused. Are you trying to strip paint off, or are you trying to take the model apart? Because those are two very different things.

Also, have you asked the WIP thread yet?
>>48602825
>>
>>48619302
Take it apart, I've used Dettol for that in the past as well.
>>
>>48619024

What have you built it with? Super glue or plastic glue?
>>
>>48619366
Plastic glue
>>
>>48619394
I'm stumped then. My only advice would be to carefully cut it apart with a sharp blade. Luckily, the joins tend to be a little softer than the moulded plastic so that might help you.
>>
>>48619394

Yeah don't ruin your model, you've fused it into it's current configuration.
>>
>>48615784
That's referring to battalions.

I still don't see why you can't do it. Because the aos faq says you can use previous versions, the points should still apply to them.
>>
>>48619451
>>48619490

I've dissassembled plastic models in the past, they were build with glue. 1 night in Dettol did the trick. The joints were damages but nothing a little filing could fix. I will try to submerge it in parts (heads first for instance) in a small tub and see how it goes.

Will report my findings.
>>
Does Da Iceborne Skull make you immune to Damage 1?
>>
>>48619549
Good luck
>>
Is there a good budget option for Beastmen? Kings of war minis are neat but they don't cover goat fuckers.
>>
>>48616013
No anon, you are the retard. The warden king is obviously the dwarf lord warscroll renamed. You can use previous versions of the warscroll. How does this not make sense to you? Its fine for everyone I know. To me it doesn't make sense that a dwarf lord with great weapon has no points and therefore cannot be used. The battalions without points applies just fine
>>
>Stardrakes

At what point are they reasonable to field without being a dick?

At what point do they become not worth the points?
>>
>>Friendly reminder, no AoS release in August.

Why? They'll release Ogres on August 6th, will they not?
>>
>>48619723

How fucked am I for reading it as:

>At what point are they reasonable to without a dick?

Would you a Stardrake /tg/?
>>
>>48619559
No. It halves after all damage is counted up.
>>
>>48619646
Trawl around ebay. I got the old box of 12 Gors and 8 Ungors for like $25 recently
>>
>>48619723
I'd say field him at 1500+. I mean I'd fight it at 1000 but there are a lot of whiny bitch children out there.
>>
Is there a good way to field a 1000-1500 point skryre list? One that can do well without requiring several hundred jezzails?
>>
>>48619723
At the amount of points a Stardrake carries with it I would almost call it a hazard at anything under 1500 to yourself and I wouldn't field it at 1000, its simply too many points in a game about unit flexibility. Your putting easily 40+% of your army into one big target, leaving little to claim objectives easily or form a front line.

I would say 1500 is the best as it gives you about 900pts for some support when you need it.
>>
>>48618486
http://ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=sylvaneth
>>
>>48618575
Same here. Most people just want them for the special rules and not because they like the character. That being said, I do have a new Thanquol and Boneripper painted, still waitning for a good game to use him in. And even then it is more likely that he has to do some job no one else wanted, leading some shitty band of rats as opposed to Archaon himself commanding 20 Gor, 10 Ungor and 4 Minotaurs.
>>
>>48618575

Is it legit to use rules for heroes for your own models?
>>
>>48620488
Of course. They're your dudes. As long as it's modeled right, go nuts.
>>
>>48620488
It all came down to common sense.

You can't put a few bits on a necromancer and say it count as Nagash, but if you make your own super-pimpy wrathmonger-like commander and say you want to use Skarr Bloodwrath rules because they fit the most, it's totally cool.
>>
>>48619258
If they re- introduce magic lores I think bone daddy will be worth again.

Atm his biggest problem is he's able to cast 8 times per turn but only has access to 2 spells (excluding summoning) natively.

I'd love if he just knew any spell a death wizard could know and they made the requirement battle scroll instead of battle field.
>>
>>48620488

If its a conversion, sure why not?
I'm planning on using Gordrakk as rules for my own general, Gutzug eadsplitta, using a mixed parts of the model to kitbash it so it has a unique look. My personal opinion is this, the most important rule is that there is no doubt in anyones mind what model your using. I for instance, will be using the two axes to let my opponent know that it is the rules for Gordrakk that is being in use, and when I have another weapon option (magnetized model), its the rules for a generic warboss.

One of my latest experiment is to create an Orruk crew for the Ogre Ironblaster. A small but fun addition, just to make it a unique feature in my army!
>>
>>48619182
Since the strategy relies on Archaon dishing his damage quickly and efficiently I find the buffs very appreciated. I've had bad luck with rolling ones as the wrong time so the rerolls help a lot. And if you don't need the rerolls for Archaon then the spell is simply amazing with any of your units. It makes the Knights tanky as hell and makes the warriors very efficient.

I don't know a better support hero except maybe a Bloodsecrator, which I have considered.
>>
>>48620632
>>48620582
>>48620659

Thanks. I was painting up my start collecting skeletal warband as a group of undead freebooters, and couldn't justify having Arkhan the Black overseeing them. I'm more confident in retwigging the model into some kind of fetid cavalier horseman now
>>
>>48618575
For the most part I agree. Alarielle, Gordrakk, Nagash and Archaon shouldn't care about any normal-sized game. I mean, look at the Death of Nagash battleplan in the GH. THAT'S the sort of battle they fit in, with ten factions, five per side, and Nagash and Archaon are each leading the most elite core of their forces.

For Maggoth Lords and Mortarchs, I would infinitely prefer a generic version, but neither of these kits comes with generic variants on top, so I'm ambivalent there.

And with smaller ones like Valkia or Festus, sure I can see those in a small warband.
My Gutrot Spume warband is just this rotting tentacled ship captain, some of his crew and the River/Bile Trolls who drift behind it in the water, feeding on the rotten meat that constantly falls off (I'd add a Kharibdyss as well, but guess what Pitched Battles don't allow).

>>48618675
Get a start collecting box, at best one of those that are dead easy to paint like Daemons of Nurgle, then pick out the necessary paints, a medium brush, a finer brush, a dry-brush. Then a clipper like the one from GW, glue and a diamond file. Books-wise, everything you NEED is free online and one Start Collecting box is totally enough for your first few games.
>>
>>48619559
If you only suffer a single point of damage in total after attacks have been made then yes, it does. Anything more than that and you suffer at least one point of damage.
>>
>>48618841
was going to paint mine like pic related, but your bitchin' color scheme gives me pause.
>>
>>48619723
I never felt the desire to field a stardrake, actually. They are hideously expensive for what they do.
>>
>>48620839
>undead freebooters
I like this idea
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 960x720px)
image.jpg
169KB, 960x720px
So that one guy with the flying maw-krusha finished it. Dunno if you guys are interested, but I thought it looked neat.
>>
>>48620976
Personally I think they were given an inflated points cost to make it appear like Stormcasts had an Archaon type super unit since, you know, the Stormcast are the posterboys of Age of Sigmar. In reality though those things are more like other dragons, more closer to the 500pt mark, certainly not the 600. With the Everqueen sitting at so close in points it really shows the difference.
>>
>>48621139
Is there any other shot of this thing besides the front, kind of looks like its just on a flying stand the way its shot here.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 720x540px
>>48621155
From the side and top, at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 540x720px
>>48621170
>>
Any tips for a new seraphon player now that the general's Handbook is out? My 2000 list looks like this:

Slann 260
Eternity warden 160
Astroloth bearer 160

30 warriors 300
10 cavalry Knights 240
5 temple guard 100

2 Bastilodons 600

SUMMONING: 180
>>
File: NO2A.jpg (477KB, 1600x1498px)
NO2A.jpg
477KB, 1600x1498px
>>48620972

Thanks man!
Yea, that picture you showed really brings out the dragon aspect of the monster, looks pretty wicked! I wanted mine to be more of a reptile of some sort, the hard part I had was to make it green, while not making it look like a distant coussin of the Orruk riding it.

Im trying to make somewhat of a copy of pic related, this was the picture that got me in to AoS in the first place.
>>
>>48621139
I get that the wings' psition and pusture is kinda fixed due to the nature of the kit, but something about this looks really off. Less like it's flying and more like it's wading through a swamp or something.
>>
>>48621217
Yeah man, looks wicked. That model is one of the best things in aos yet. Just holding on for my aelves.
>>
File: Drycha.jpg (755KB, 1000x966px)
Drycha.jpg
755KB, 1000x966px
Tell me, /AoS/, what is the defining moment of your favourite character?
>>
What do you guys think about Graveguard? I'm looking into building a death-rattle force.

I'm thinknig i'll build the Death-legion, leaning towards spears on skeletons since they hit on a 4 with the Wight King.

But i'm not sure if my Guard should take great weapons or shields. I can reroll 1's so i might go shields for defense
>>
>>48621845
Shields will work well. It's really a difference of +1 to save or to hit. I'd take the save any day even though great weapons look cooler.
>>
>>48618841
Looks fucking great. Best Mawcrusha I've seen so far. Honestly.
>>
Are the beastclaw Raiders fun to play?

How would this list sound

Frost Lord on stonehorn
Beast riders on thundertusk
Huskard on thundertusk
4x mourn fang cavalry
>>
>>48621845
They're not too good. I run a death rattle/nighthaunt force. You could make them beastly if you run Hexwraiths instead of Black Knights, the reason for this is Black Knights require support to really do anything, this includes the extra attacks from your wight king's command ability, however this will mean the Grave Guard can't really do anything amazing as they have no buffs.

Really if you want to keep it pure Death Rattle they can be useful to cut down enemy monsters with buffs and great weapons, but they're just not too amazing.
Every game I play with them I feel that I or the other player would have been better with Spirit Hosts or more skeletons.

Sorry if this doesn't make too much sense, my brain is fried right now.
>>
>>48621883
I'll probably give the champion a great axe. But i do like rank and file skeletons to have shields.

Whats nice is the whole formation comes to 700pts. So now i might get a monster or something to round it off.
>>
>>48621143
I really want a nice big centerpiece for my Stormcast, would a Stardrake (of either variety) or Celestant Prime be better?
>>
>>48621951
Yeah, For a nice even 1000 I run the formation with one unit of 20 skellies, a herald for +1 rez and 10 skellybows.
>>
>>48622052

Stardrake, Celly Prime is an overpriced clampack character with a dissapointing Melee profile given what he's weilding, and distressingly little personality for his role.
>>
File: image.png (411KB, 3932x856px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
411KB, 3932x856px
>>48621647
When it turned out Nagash wasn't an idiot and played everyone like a damn fiddle.
>>
>>48622091
>Celly Prime is an overpriced clampack character
Have you even seen that guy? His box is like the same height and half as thick as a Start Collecting box. Without the swirl and the huge-ass wings he might fit in a clampack.
>>
>>48622250

Exactly my point.
>>
>>48614969
>They gathered a laughable amount of 5k € so far.

That's 1000% of their goal...
>>
So, once more.

Got an idea for a themed Ogre army, with a kind of Fire and Ice theme, with saber-wielding Ogres with a darker middle-eastern skin tone (they'd get turbans too if I were good enough with green stuff) and a Firebelly in matching colors on one side and an Icefall Hunter or two with a bunch of Frost Sabres on the other, one side deployed like normal, one popping up via Skal Battalion, trapping the enemy between fire and ice.

Gameplay wise, I'd do something like

>Firebelly w/ Bellowing Tyrant
>3 Ogres
>3 Ogres
>>Skal Battalion
>Icebrow Hunter w/ Gem of Seeing
>Icebrow Hunter w/ Battle Brew
>4 Frost Sabres
>4 Frost Sabres
= 1000 Points

So, any thoughts? Nonsense? Useless? Or maybe workable?
>>
>>48622525
There is a kebab ogre model. Not sure if his head is a single part or not though.
>>
>>48622578
Yeah, the Araby Maneater, but I think that one looks shit, with extra long kebab spikes sticking out of his helmet. Maybe if painted differently they'd make for nice unit champs... Thanks for the reply
>>
>>48614254
It was mostly his lore really imo, although his books were generally pretty strong.

On the otherhand his rules were always very fun to play. So he's better than half their current writing team. Cruddace doesn't get half of the hate he deserves
>>
>>48622091
Worst thing about the Prime is that Games rarely last more than 4-5 turns and you need to charge him at least once to get something out of THE WARHAMMER. Also 8 Wounds is kinda pathetic. Skarbrand rapes this dude so bad it's not funny anymore.
>>
>>48618521
I would like her better with delicious brown skin.
>>
>>48622150
What is this from?
>>
Whats the average AOS point size game now?
>>
>>48622916
Depends where you're playing. We've had anons reporting here that 2000 was becoming their standard size. My store has been doing 500, 1000 and 1500 point games but I've yet to see a 2000 point game that wasn't two versus two.
>>
>>48622916
1500 is the average in my area...
>>
>>48619258
>summoning is fairly shitty right now

Can somebody explain to a new player how summoning used to work vs. how it works now?
>>
>>48622916
the wfb turs have been running 4000 points, classic armies only, and declining games against anyone without a fully painted army and then harassing anyone they see playing games without their bullshit
>>
>>48623053
You have to put aside summoning points from your points total. So if you want 200 points of summoning, you only get 1800 points in a 2000 points list.

Before points and in free/narrative play you can use pointsless summoning.
>>
>>48623053
Summoning used to just be
>cast the spell
>get a unit
>repeat

But if you play with points (you should) you have to account for how much you'll be summoning when you build your army. Summoned units cost points, so while you can still summon whatever you want, the summoned points can't take you over the limit.

Used to be you just summoned until you had double the army size you started with, but that's a no-go now. I hope they do the same to 40k desu.
>>
>>48622754
The novel "Lord of Undeath".
>>
>>48621143
I dunno, global d3 MW every turn is pretty good and 16W 3+ reroll 1s is pretty rough and tumble. The melee profile isn't Gordrak but it's still fairly solid considering you also have the eating and the tail alongside all the things you get on top.
>>
So, I gave this list a try today, had some fun but I completely annihilated my friend.

I used:
>Tretch Craventail asa general
>1 Skaven BSB
>1 Skaven Warlord
>10 Stormvermins
>10 Clanrats
>10 Clanrats
>20 Clanrats
>3x Stormfiends with Doomflayer Gauntlets
>3x Stormfiends, 2x Ratling, 1x Shock Gauntlets
>2x Ratling Gun Weapon Teams
>2x Poisoned Wind Mortar WTs
>2x Warp Cannons
>1x Arch-Warlock
>2x Chaos Familiars
>(Formation: Verminus Clawpack)

My opponent fielded 30 bloodtletters, 10 more bloodletters, a Khorne BSB, Skarbrand, A Bloodthirster, 10 Khorne Hounds, 1 Bloodthrone, 2 Cannons and Karanak.

I fielded my BSB into a Skull Keep so that his effect went from 13" to 26", and gave the Stormvermins +1 rend and 6s to wound inflict double damage. Then since the formation lets me use the warlord's command ability even though he's not the general, I gave one more attack to all of them.
When I charged Skarbrand I used the Numinous Occulum's spell to change my dice to 6 and gave them that Chaos +1 to hit thing.

So well, that's 31 attacks on a 2+ with 1s to hit rerolled, wound on 3+ (6s deal 2 damage instead of 1) at rend -2.
Aaaaand Skarbrand was gone.
Skaven are fucking broken

I ended up wiping every single model out while only losing the 40 clanrats and 3 stormfiends.
>>
so from the last thread

if I wanted a coed bloodbound army, what are some 3rd party manufacturers that make good female barbarians to use or covert as bloodreavers? Looking for more of a ripped look than a "jacked and stacked" look, and certainly not fapbait - these bloodreavers should look powerful
>>
>>48623053
Before it was "Free units with no downsides"

Now it is "Assign certain amounts of points to be summoned. Summon models to write your list during the game".

You are not supposed to use it to bolster your army like you used to, now you will see what units would be the best to use in the current game, then summon them to tailor your list to your current opponent during the game, with the downside being you need to summon them a unit at a time.

If you only put aside for one or two units it will not be a bad idea, but it will be foolish to use more than a quarter of your points for summoning unless what you DO start off on the board with can summon shit really fast.
>>
So does Khorne have dungeons with blood cells?
>>
File: really?.gif (5MB, 600x333px)
really?.gif
5MB, 600x333px
>>48623253
>>
>>48623253
He used to, but got in trouble because of the segregation.
>>
>>48623222
>plays a maximised list
>against a list that has some big models and 0 synergy
>wipes the opponent, proclaims that his army is broken

Also

>using broken ass terrain rules in matched play

Find an opponent that plays on your level.
>>
>>48623392
>Not using the terrain rules and building the field in the most symmetrical and balanced way for both players
And
>Find an opponent that plays on your level
Eh, we both wanted to try out some lists and played a match.
It wasn't anything that serious and we play a match like every day by this point.
>>
>>48623297
I have no regrets, Anon.
>>
>>48623245
>>48623099
>>48623146

That's kind of cool, I think. It's still open-ended and adaptable but not over the top broken.
>>
>>48623538
every battle as a non summoning armyagainst a summoning one was horrible
you'dd slowly watch as your army took attrition while every unit of the enemy you killed just got summoned back
>>
File: latest[1].png (2MB, 1920x1080px)
latest[1].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>48618841
>>48620972
>not yellow and blue
>>
Fulminators or Concussors, /AoSgen/?
>>
>>48624091
fulminators needs a lot more attention because they suffer heavily from beign charge, but nothing tastes better than damage 3.
Also, you can pair them with a Trumpet man to always charge.
>>
>>48622638
Here's another (You). Feel sorry for you with 3 threads and one reply. Seems like a good one-truck ambush to take out the back line, but what will you do when ogres are engaged in front and your enemy's beatstick/ second line swings back to brush off your cats? As all ogor lists, it kinda suffers from few models, and if you miss your charges or you fumble the ambush, you could very quickly be on the recieving end of the beatstick yourself. Lovely theme idea though. I'm a sucker for fluffyness myself.
>>
>>48614682

Don't forget the baby carriages
>>
>>48624174
Not really his fault, games workshop does things ass backwards and designs things first then has rules and fluff written up.
>>
>>48624091

Those two are a pair, I hate taking one without the other
>>
>>48624115
I honestly think the Heraldor is a huge sleeper hit. With Sylvaneth pooping out forests like nobody's business, he's a really solid meta choice.
>>
>>48624174
The what now?
>>
>>48624205
I was thinking of taking a unit of each as well. Concussors seem like better generalists, while Fulminators are cheaper and more survivable from a range.
>>
File: dreadknight.jpg (45KB, 600x620px)
dreadknight.jpg
45KB, 600x620px
>>48624214
>>
>>48624239
>>48624239
They work phenomenally in pairs, try to get them on the same target. Fulminators do the damage, concussors do their amazing no pile in schtick.

My Extremis list is usually 2 units of each (or one 4 man unit of each)
>>
>>48624203
They are a toy company mate.
>>
>>48623253
I aaked nurgle about this and he said "I'm positive"
>>
>>48622250

Even prosecutors wouldn't fit in a clam pack

You might as well say Archaon would fot in a clam pack without his dragon

>>48621143

Drakesworn Templars are 500 a pop, the Celestant is 600. They perform very similarly with the Celestant being a little tankier, a little hittier and having an under estimated command ability if you spam Dracothians (note that it affects the entire table). But the Templar is great and running a Templar plus a Celestant on foot is just fine.

The Celestant Drake is a super tank essentially. He requires some support (and some clever use of command traits + an artifact help) but he's an enormously durable anvil for the Dracothian hammer. The artillery support he provides should not be under estimated either, as well as being a mortal wound machine against full sized units. He gets especially silly if you can get him in combat with large units with no rend as with a little help from a Celestant he's 2+ rerolling 1's, healing on 6's and doing damage back on successful rerolls.

What he isn't is a hero assassinating duelist, unless those heroes are 5 wounds in which case if he throws all three cavernous maws at them he has around a 50% chance to roll at least 1 six.

He's great for being pile in bait while keeping your fulminators and Cuncussors Killy. I run him with the 6+ save after save trait and the -1 hit artifact so he can weather a big ass alpha strike.
>>
>>48624091
I prefer Fulminators for the added durability on the approach. Being not as deadly outside the charge only metters when something actually survives the charge, which is a rare thing when four fulminators careen into something.
>>
is it true that skaven are most popular with female players? are there even female AoS players? GW seems to be trying really really hard to market khorne, orcs, dwarves, and stormcast to 12 year old boys again for reasons I don't understand
>>
>>48624733

Because that's who plays space marines
>>
>>48624807
I've seen female (or passing as female) space yiff players at tournaments
>>
>>48624733
I've heard that tyranids are supposed to be popular with the very rare female players also, maybe they just like things they can consider cute pet animals?
>>
>>48624848
could be, but different people might see different things in tyranids. While some see adorable gaunts, others imagine all their strong muscular warriors swallowed up by the drop pots and packed into tight sweaty confines together

maybe it is the same with sigmar I guess
>>
>>48624733
They also are heavily marketing the celtic hippy maTREEarchy with anime ghosts though too
>>
>>48624828

Mtf aren't people
>>
>>48624984

Is anime becoming the new cuck
>>
>>48625022
No, anime is the new weeaboo.
>>
>>48625007
I don't know if was MTF or F

but they had a lot of the doggies
>>
File: 20160804_200311.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160804_200311.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Sup Aosgen, working on my stormcasts.
Doing some bases, its taking me more than the armours, but I'm liking the effect so far!
Toughts? Sorry for the crappy pic!
>>
>>48625504
moar WIP
>>
File: 2KOFJAp[1].jpg (833KB, 5312x2988px)
2KOFJAp[1].jpg
833KB, 5312x2988px
Threw together a quick test model for my sylvaneth dryads, though i think these colours will be used for the rest of the army, i kinda like it, if a bit messy.
>>
>>48622150
>Nagash isn't an idiot
>Gets smugged on by Mannfred
>>
>>48625651
i really like it!
Colours are smooth and its a pretty nice effect.
it will be an honour to burn those fuckers on the battlefield.
Fuck sylvaneth. Hail Nurgle.
>>
Absurd question: Does a character count as an "unit"?

For example Megaboss Command Ability says: "Waaagh!: If a Megaboss uses this ability,
count up the number of Ironjawz units
within 10" ..."

>Does a near Weirdnob count as a unit?
>Does the Megaboss count as a unit for his own command ability?
>>
>>48625807
Oh I will defeat you! By the honor of the everqueen several 1's shall be rolled by me as i execute my patented strategy of "never succeeding on the key rolls"
>>
>>48625823
Yes to both.
>>
>>48625504
Can't tell much about the armor, but that base looks disgusting and I love it. How'd you get that snot effect?
>>
>>48625609

Dry brushed?
>>
>>48622525

I've no idea how effective this would be, since i havent ever played but i think you should do it. Just because it is cool to have an army theme and a goal you are working to. Keep us posted with pics if you do. I like the theme of it too.
>>
>>48625802
>Mannfred cowers when Nagash is about to backhand the bitch for being too smug
Better
>>
>>48623069

Fully painted i can understand, but not at 4k points and even more faggot "classic armies only", they sound like a bunch of arse bandits.
>>
>>48625884
Photo is terrible, but I simply used some Nurgle Rot over a drybrushed Texture paint. GW techical are pretty good, I have to admit, you just need to know which one to pick.
>>48625887
Yep. Still on WIp, the ruins are the only thing I painted so far-if we don't count the test model.
Gonna use brown GW texture, apply 2 bone-bone/white drybrush, sperg some nurgle rot on flat areas, add some swamp bushes, colour the skulls and then call it a day.
>>
>>48625907
>>Mannfred cowers when Nagash is about to backhand the bitch for being too smug

Nope, Nagash realises that Mannfredo is RIGHT.
Nagash is just retard who should surredner his crown to the great Mannfredo, father of the mortal realms.
>>
>>48625979
Mannfred a shit.
>>
>>48625979
They both reach the same conclusion, that Stormcast can't be corrupted because Sigmar is basically indoctrinating them every time they get reforged.
>>
>>48626658
Actually, there is minor detail Nagash missed and Mannfred discovered and eventually told his master about. The Stormcast chamber Sigmar sent to negotiate with him were originally drawn from Shyish mortals who were subjects to Nagash. This is why Nagash sensed that they are different from the rest of the Stormcast that he met.
>>
>>48625868
Pray to Alliralli some more, bitchboi
>>
9 days to fight for ghyran left.
Are you guys really letting Order win ALL cities?
I'm fine with one or two, but all of them is just plain boring.
>>
>>48625504
Stormcast Eternals of Nurgle? ummm... anon
>>
>>48626960
>started out as Chaos
>sold Daemons
>now playing Order

Had it the whole time.
>>
>>48626960
>Are you guys really letting Order win ALL cities?

Not like the Order-zerg can be stopped.
>>
>>48626988
just stormcasts fighting in Nurgle-corrupted Ghyran. Made armour worn, rusted and oxided because they are fighting hard from years without returning to Azyr.
it pairs with my first, main army which is-surprise! a Nurgle army.
>>
>>48626960
This is basicaly always how all the worldwide GW campaigns ends. Making the prospect of Chaos winning to be the focal point of any of the campaigns has never been good because there are not enough Chaos players to represent it as a threat.
>>
>>48627121
not really. the chaos is just behind order.
Problem is, it fails to compete and/or get the advantage.
im doing my part tho, 2 lgs in my city in the campaign, one is chaos and the other one contested by chaos/order.
>>48627038
we must try, brother.
still, a predictable result. New game, with most of new releases beign order.
>>48627016
you should be ashamed, you sigmar's Ass licking traitor.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 429x530px)
image.jpg
60KB, 429x530px
>>48626960
Yes. Order is best faction.
>>
>>48619517
You can use previous versions if they have fucking points. Ie empire handgunners or free guild you can choose.

Dwarf Lord greatweaon doesn't have points so you can't use it you stupid fucking dense RETARD
>>
>>48619710
You can use the previous version of the war scroll IF IT HAS POINTS

For example you could use empire handgunners as that OR as free guild handgunners BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE POINTS

Dwarf Lord w great weapon doesn't have points you stupid piece of shit so you can't use it.

In summation; kill yourself
>>
>>48614301
Outdated memea for outdated armies
>>
Spent my 2 days off painting, havent picked up a brush in 10 years or so i was never that good and i'm still not. It annoys me how i am a perfectionist thats never satisfied with how the models look. I've not even finished my two brutes, god i am so slow. Good thing i only have 1 squad and a megaboss.
>>
File: paintschemetest.jpg (622KB, 2791x1587px)
paintschemetest.jpg
622KB, 2791x1587px
Should I paint my freeguild white-blue or white-green?
Ignore the yellow, I was testing something
>>
>>48627499

Half white blue, half white green

Make them landsknechts proud
>>
>>48627499
Why not both?
good old dual-color.
>>
>>48627499
White-blue.
>>
>>48627530
>>48627528
I might go wild with greatswords, but I kind of wanted my army to look more uniform
>>
When trying to access The Awesome Library of Rho-Mu 31 from the OP pastepin i get stuck on "decrypting folder data", has it been taken down?
>>
>>48627528
>>48627530
>>48627619
There would also be elements of red to go with the blue one, as I would be shamelessly stealing the colours of the prussian army
>>
Has anyone mathhammered out Putrid Blight Kings vs Plague Ogors?
>>
>>48627499
white-blue, but thin your fucking paints, mate.

And probably paint onto white primer, not black, since you have a good deal of white on your models.
>>
File: 1470096645019.jpg (25KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1470096645019.jpg
25KB, 500x441px
>>48628112
>but thin your fucking paints, mate.
I FUCKING DID

But yeah, I probably need to get a white spray since unfortunately the previous one has run out a few days ago
>>
>>48628173
>white on black
Bad, bad idea.
You will need so many layers to cover that shit it will look like you never thinned it in the first place.
>>
Thinking of creating a Deathrattle force called the 'Bonecast Returnals'

their fluff is that they're a bunch of skeletons who wear rusty armour, crafted in the likeness of the Sigmarines, as a challenge to the denizens of the mortal realms and the faith they have in their golden protectors
>>
File: 508335823.jpg (20KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
508335823.jpg
20KB, 540x360px
>>48628112
>paint onto white primer, not black, since you have a good deal of white on your models.

>Taking the pussy way
>>
>>48628214
It's just common sense, Anon.

Here's your (You).
>>
>>48628173
Are you Allyrally guy?
>>
>>48628322
I'm the guy Alliralli guy got mad at
I shamelessly stole his pics desu
>>
>>48627676
Excellent question. New databse link?
>>
>>48617260
>>>/pol/
>>
>>48628980
>>/tumblr/
>>
>>48623854
Thanks, I want a maw-krusha now, and paint it like this.

At least I already play destruction...
>>
>>48627363
Nice aggression. I seem to feel you are alone in this argument, but there you go. You are welcome to ban minis from the table because "durr I see no points", but I Will continue to allow them as I see their obvious successors. Good luck being an ass, hope that works out for you
>>
>>48629568
No, seriously, he is actually right. The Dwarf Lord with a Great Weapon isn't a Warden King, because of the weapon options. It only counts as a Warden King if you use a handweapon and shield, since otherwise the warscrolls will not be identical.

If you want to use a Great Weapon, you will either be forced to get your opponent to agree to it, or you will have to shell out extra for the Dwarf Lord with Shieldbearers (It is great, so it wouldn't hurt).
>>
Got back from my local GW. Store manager just came back from a manager's conference. First issue of White Dwarf will have a slaughterpriest with Hackblade as suspected. One of the issues will come with a code to unlock a hero in Total Warhammer. There is a new white dwarf mini coming out, sold separately. He said that it may have been the slayer/unforged model, but painted to look like the White Dwarf, or a new model that is in a similar pose. Either way it has a unique warscroll and is a monster in combat. But lacks a save of any kind, and has six wounds.
>>
>>48629740
Cool, any info about the new Dwarf release next month?
>>
>>48629558
It is literally the only model I would want from Destruction at the moment, and painting it that was is the only reason why. Maybe give the rider a more...appropriate weapon
It still amuses me that even its rules are basically 'tigrex', too.
>>
>>48629740
>First issue of White Dwarf will have a slaughterpriest with Hackblade

Just after they put him in the start collecting bloodbound set?
lel
>>
>>48622525
As a fellow Ogre bro, please get pics and post results. This looks really cool.
>>
>Tfw your fly in your vampire and watch as she gets slaughtered in one round of combat with a Celestant and his bodyguard of liberators
>Tfw you watch as your army evaporates under Sigmar's golden bitch boys
>>
File: mia-vampire-academy.gif (63KB, 499x294px) Image search: [Google]
mia-vampire-academy.gif
63KB, 499x294px
>>48630544
Forgot my pic
>Mfw I only killed off his unit of Prosecutors
>>
>>48630544
>>48630560

Just what did you field against him, anon? Against what? Tell us a story.
>>
>>48630544
you got charged?
you got surrounded?
it was a vampire with a dragon zombie?
i mean, i know dice gods can be feeble, but my excperience tells me one thing. NEVER get surrounded with giant beasts
NEVER get charged and/or let the enemy activate first when using giant beasts
I killed gordrakk with 20 plague monks
i killed a celestant prime the same way
and rendered dhurthu useless the same way.
never let it happen.
>>
>>48624733
Fiancée plays Sylvaneth
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>48630582
Well, basically it was a 1000 point game, using the Scenario where you stagger your army onto the map. We were both under strength points wise, since he only had the Stormcast side of the starting kit. Here's the armies off the top of my head:

1 Celestant on Dracoth
10 liberators, split into 5 each
5 Retributors(proxied some of the bloodbound to reach squad size)
3 Prosecutors
1 relictor

My side was:
1 Flying Vampire lord
1 Necromancer
2 blocks of 20 Skeletons/w spears
10 Grave Guard/w great weapons
5 Hex Wraiths

First round, we set up battleline units, my skeles, his Liberators. He moves up the field, I hold back. 1st unit of liberators fail to charge, second rolls in and deals some damage, knocks out my badly placed standard bearer.

Second round, he brings in Celestant and Prosecutors, I bring in Necromancer and Graveguard. 2nd Liberators finally charge, while prosecutors swing in and snipe the Standard Bearer in the back. I dahnse the Graveguard, and charge, but I can only get two wounds on him. Celestant swings back, obliterates most of the GraveGuard. I kill 2 prosecutors and a liberator with Skeletons.

Round 3, Retributors and Relictor come in for him, Vampire and Hexwraiths for me. His turn, he Piles into my necromancer and kills her, than finishes off Graveguard. Liberators dont do much, while Relictor and Retributors hang back on objective. I fly hexwraiths over Celestant, deal 3 mortal wounds, than charge Relictor. Vampire kills prosector with Arcane bolt, than 2 more Lib's with a charge. His turn, he storms by graveguard to death, than finishes off 1st unit of Skeletons. Hexwraiths fail utterly, deal only 2 rounds. His turn, retributors come in and swing, 3 dead hex wraiths, and Relictor kills 1. Celestant finishes off Skeletons, and Relictor storms the Hexwraiths and fails. Skeletons fail to kill ANY liberators. Vampire kills another, though.
>>
>>48631023
Round 4, I fly my last Hexwraith to middle objective to contest it, and swoop in my vampire out of combat to fight the Celestant at full life. Retreated so I cant charge, I figure she'll last a round with the Celestant. I was dead wrong. His turn, 3 failed saves and 2 mortal wounds later, shes dead. Skeletons do nothing on either turn, Liberators finish off first squad.

Final round, he charges with retributors finishes off my Hexwraith. Libs fail to do any damage to Skeletons, but neither do the skeletons do either. Game ends, with him holding 2, with the third contested.

Overall, I think I overestimated the my Vampire, and I suffered the price of watching my lovely lady bite it hard. Plus, the lack of any spell casters on the first turn left my guys at a sevre disadvantage. No to hit bonus, and no Dahnse made them real weak. Another point if intrestwas how ineffective the Graveguard were. They barely delt a dent into the Celestant, so I think I should tried to stall him with more skeketons instead whole my GG murdered his Weaker units. Eitherway, it was a lot of fun, and considering it was second game of AoS EVER, it wasnt terrible.

Although, I think Nagash is gonna have a word with my vampire after this colossal fuck up.
>>
>>48631023
>>48631048

Call it a learning experience!

>Although, I think Nagash is gonna have a word with my vampire after this colossal fuck up.

Claim you planned for it to go this way and that it's part of a bigger plan. It works for Tzeentch!
>>
>>48631023
>>48631048
Looks to me like your army lacks synergy in my opinion, and like you said, you overestimated your army, and underestimated his. Take advantage of your magic that you have over him. A necromancer and a vampire means two spells at least. I'd also roll grave guard with shields in my opinion.
>>
>>48631023
>>48631048

He can't snipe your standard bearers for a start. Learn to play and try again.
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 736x988px)
image.jpg
217KB, 736x988px
>>48630544

Hail Sigmar, pleb
>>
>>48631118
Will do. Works for Chicken Manfrado, should work for me.

>>48631158
Eh, the im not sure how much more Synergystic it could be, less I use Black Knights instead of Hexwraiths. I think the problem for me was that since my Units were staggered in their deployment and thus I couldnt let the Necromancer and Vamp do their things right off the bat. I didnt actually consider using the mystic shield, and instead focused on Bolting and Dahnsing my units. But true about the GG, I think I'll change em up to sword and Board.

>>48631192
I put my Standards in the back of my blocks, and away from the Liberators. When his Prosecutors swooped in and over my warriors, I had to remove the models they were in range with. I cant just randomly kill models off in Melee
>>
>>48627111
ahh okay, makes sense. very cool
>>
>>48629715
Not him but I can see his argument and would allow it on my table. The guy against it is being a douche about it though
>>
Bored and fucking around with lists, rate this, /AoSG/.

2480 Dispossessed/Ironweld

Leader - 180

Cogsmith

Runelord

Battleline - 800

4x 20 warriors

Artillery - 300

1 Cannon

1 Organ Gun

Other - 1200

4 Gyrocopters

2 Gyrobombers

1x 20 Hammerers

2x 10 Irondrakes
>>
>>48631611

>I cant just randomly kill models off in Melee

Read the rules. When your unit loses models, you choose which. Period. They don't have to be the closest or even in range of the enemy attacks. With very few exceptions where a unit can specifically target a model and remove it, there is never a reason for your command models to not die last. For death units this is especially important.
>>
>>48631765
Really? That sounds kinda fuckin stupid. I mean, sure, its in my advantage to use that rule, but seriously? It was my fault for leaving them vulnerable. It also doesnt make much sense for as to why if your guy hits a skeleton, it kills the one 5 feet behind it.
>>
say I want to use allies rules for more counts as proxies in my army, how do I fluff them in my Seraphon force when all but slann are technically daemons
>>
>>48631845

It's also stupid to have a unit that can replace models because of a banner that's ridiculously easy to kill. It's just how the rules are. It's not meant to make sense, it's a game.
>>
>>48631989

Become useless because*
>>
>>48631845
It's for simplicity, and really I like it. I don't even miss line of sight wounding, templates, and even random wound allocation. Seriously fuck those. Combat in any form has movement, and when you wound a unit and he pulls them from the back, that works because as dudes in the front get wounded you can always assume those behind are going to rush up front, pick up the banner and horn, etc, and assume the champion really is a badass champion and survive to the end.

Besides there is strategy wound allocation itself. Pulling from the back is not always beneficial. Sometimes you want to pull in a way so a nearby enemy unit doesn't get pulled into combat, or out of the range of their weapons, even if it means less attacks for your dudes in range.

Seriously it just works.
>>
>>48632477
I suppose so, and I think your explanation does make sense. When you put it that way, I can live with it. It also makes it even worse, since units have to lose as many models as necessary, not just how many are in range.

Although, that makes me what wonder what else we got wrong. Can units that are in combat pile in, and attack a nearby unit without charging?
>>
>>48632651

Yes, totally.

Also I like the practice because it lets your sergeants/champions be big badass last man standing.
>>
File: 1469384038962.jpg (34KB, 600x665px)
1469384038962.jpg
34KB, 600x665px
Rolled 1 (1d6)

Rolling for my next project:
1-2: Sylvaneth
3-4: Beastclaw Raiders
5: Fyreslayers
6: Wait for not shitty Duradin
post ends in 69, Slaanesh
>>
>>48633023
Congratulations new Sylvaneth player! Enjoy your new THICC waifu and treemen.
>>
>>48623222
Drop one of the Stormvermin squads and add like, a bunch more Clanrats and Stormvermin. You want units of 40 CR to take full advantage of their size bonuses with VCP rule. 20 is a good SV size.

On the other Stormfiend unit drop Doomflayers for Shock Gauntlets. Same durability, but much more reliable damage because of exploding hit rolls on 6's.

Also Warpfire throwers will do wonders for you, I'd switch out the Ratling guns for them.

Otherwise you're doing the Horned Rat's work. Keep it up.

>>48623392
>That list
>Maximized
hue
>>
>>48624733
One of my female friends plays VC, and my girlfriend plays Lizards.
>>
>>48633095
Sorry, I said Stormvermin, but I meant Stormfiend units. I'm an idiot. Typing is hard.
>>
File: image.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9KB, 205x246px
>>48633114

GET OUT

NORMIES
>>
Ok so I want to get into Skaven and love the Skryre clan.

I'm, thinking about running the battalion and so far I got this.

Arch-Warlock - 140

Stormfiends x3 - 300
-Warpfire Projector x1
-Ratling Cannon x1
-Shock Guantlets x1
Stormfiends x3 - 300
-Warpfire Projector x1
-Ratling Cannon x1
-Shock Gauntlets x1

Warpfire Thrower Weapons Team - 60

Warpgrinder Weapons Team - 100

Clan Skryre Battalion - 200

Total - 1160/2000

So which of the other engine covens should I go for?
>>
>>48633177

It's okay anon. We want to be your friend and help you have fun too!
>>
>>48624733

My gf collected skaven and u dead, going back as far as 5th edition I was thinking to say? She mostly played Mordheim, but very briefly played 6th Edition, so we both started WHFB about the same time.

Her brother sold her armies for drug money (also her rog books, noveks, vifeo games...) and it made her stay away from the hobby until she met me. Now she's collecting lizardmen and Sylvaneth, and stormcasts. She also likes beastmen.
>>
>>48633719
>She also likes beastmen.

we all knew that already anon. she's your girlfriend.
>>
>>48633756

Hue, I actually laughed.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 960x640px)
image.jpg
181KB, 960x640px
>>48633756
>>
>>48624733
My gf doesn't play but likes skaven.
Some autistic guy's mom at our FLGS (She paints and plays better than her son, she's in her 40s but acts like she's 20, pretty nice person) mentioned playing skaven back when WHFB was a thing, and some guy and his wife both played Skaven.

>>48633509
The warp cannons one, 2 WCs and a warlock engineer are 460 points.
Also remember that you have to put another Warlock engineer in your first engine coven.
>>
Really fed up with them rebasing models not simply on rounds, but on larger rounds than they actually need.

Is this some sort of spite thing? Make 32 and 50 mm the standard round sizes so they intentionally don't fit in movement trays for backwards compatibility?
>>
>>48633994
Lmfao that would be pretty funny if it genuinely was out of spite hahaha
>>
>>48633994
But base size or shape doesn't matter.
>>
>>48633994
Base them however you want, on whatever you want. There is no standard.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>48634085
>>48634096

Just referring to the ones that come in rebase boxes guys. They're consistently larger than the model actually needs, and too big to rank.
>>
>>48634135
So buy different bases, nothing says you have to use the ones they are boxed with.
>>
>>48634151

I do.

That was in fact my entire complaint. Having to go out my way to find more fitting base sizes because the AoS packaging standard is 32 and 50mm.
>>
>>48633897
Wait, I need a total of three engineers? Man...

Ok how's this?

Clan Skryre Battalion - 200

Arch Warlock - 140
-Great Destroyer
-Chaos Runeblade

-Gautfyre Scorch Engine Coven-

Warlock Engineer - 100
-Crown of Conquest
Stormfiends x3 - 300
-Warpfire Projector x1
-Ratling Cannon x1
-Shock Guantlets x1
Stormfiends x3 - 300
-Warpfire Projector x1
-Ratling Cannon x1
-Shock Gauntlets x1
Warpgrinder Weapons Team - 100

-Arkhspark Voltik Engine Coven-

Warlock Engineer - 100
-Crown of Conquest
Warp Lightning Cannon - 180
Warp Lightning Cannon - 180

Comes to 2020 (my group is fine being over and under by 20).
>>
>>48634356
Whoops, there's supposed to be another unit of Stormfiends in there with the same set up as the other two.
>>
>>48633509
I'd put the melee stormfiend in one unit and vice versa.

You list also doesn't include any engineers, you need 2 at least, and you could try the WLC coven since that only needs 1 WLC. You'd get something like:

> 1 Arch-Warlock
> 2 Warlock Engineers
> 2 Units of Stormfiends
> 2 Warpfire Throwers
> 1 Warpgrinder
> 1-2 Warp Lightning Cannon

Should make for 1300 points at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 477x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 477x414px
>>48634132
I'm on mobile pls some kind soul create n link new thread
>>
>>48634356
>my group is fine with being 20 over

Then change your fucking points MAXIMUM to 2020 instead of 2000 you dumb fucking cheat.
>>
>>48634356
Common Skryre list. Just be aware that when you play the missions from the book -and you always should- you'll have a really hard time because of your low model count.
>>
>>48634545
>autism: the post
>>
>>48634545
With the way the points system works it's sometimes impossible to get 2000 unless you rewrite your whole list. None of us want to keep doing that so we have these house rules in effect.

Calm your titties.

Hell some of the GW pitch battle armies they sell go over 2000 points themselves.
>>
File: image.jpg (346KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346KB, 1000x1000px
Errant-Questor, hoooo!
>>
>>48634712
That is a white man's face painted black
>>
New thread
>>48634792
>>48634792
>>48634792
>>
>>48634783
I doubt race actually matters to magically altered lightning men.
>>
File: Ainsley.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>48630640
>MFW you try that with my Magmadroth
>>
>>48634808
It doesn't, but that head does not have the facial structure of a black man
>>
>>48634808
I'm sure it matters to 2016
>>
>>48635047
I thought it was a stronk independent black woman who don't need no man?

Honestly didn't expect them to look so boring underneath their armor. Could have given them blue skin or something at least slightly celestial.
>>
>>48630544
>She

There's your problem, cuck.
>>
Trying to paint a snowy tundra base style for upcoming beastcalw raiders. Any tips?
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.