[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

virtual tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: nat20.png (23KB, 250x386px) Image search: [Google]
nat20.png
23KB, 250x386px
Hello /tg/

Been digging into VT options for runnning D&D 5e. Looked at the Gamefinder thread here and don't see much fantasy grounds in the "method of play" section. Why is that?

Not flaming or trolling, just looking for MHO on what is top tier. Looking for user friendly drag and drop, easy access to all info (monsters, maps/mapmakers, npcs that i've made etc..), being able to update player character inv & data.

I have not used any VT systems. I'm an old man that remembers the days of having to buy all the books, manuals, compendiums etc... for AD&D 2nd Edition. Investing some solid funds is to be expected.
>>
bumping this thread
>>
Because it costs 40 fucking dollars.

You can do that shit for free with a little bit of effort.

Those moneygrubbing faggots can go suck the diseased cock of a leprous hobo.
>>
>>48608360

Roll20 is free, that's why. (Roll20 is also infested with autismos and scrubs, but if you bring your own group it's fine.) It's not brilliant, but it gets the job done adequately for most groups.
FantasyGrounds is technically better, but whether it's $40 better or not is debatable. For super-cheapskates like me, the answer is "no," but if you aren't scraping your way from paycheck to paycheck, maybe it's worth it.
>>
File: critDINohNOES.png (232KB, 588x441px) Image search: [Google]
critDINohNOES.png
232KB, 588x441px
OP here
>>48608437
>thx
>>48608678
>diseased cock of a leprous kobold *fixed your crit fumble
>>48609137
>thx for honest opinion, paycheck to paycheck will end eventually. Thank you for info esp about the autists and scrubs.

Figured the price point would filter out some riffraff but wasn't sure about it's "drag and drop" functionality. Being able to award xp, gold, items, status effects. Saw it could be done for attack rolls and damage.

Need to do more research but pls feel free to keep posting. Gimme the gritty details and butthurt facts of why $ spent is $ lost. Conversely, why is $ spent a good thing?

Anyone know of any systems in development that will blow the doors off r20 & FG?
>>
>>48610205
It's like MapTools but you get to spend money on it.
>>
>>48610926

And it's less buggy, and the interface isn't a complete trainwreck that only super-spergs could ever hope to fully understand.
>>
>>48611051
I didn't play much with either, but as a player it was almost the same experience with both. I don't know if I only got part of fantasy grounds since it was the free version since the GM paid for it. Was just a one shot. Mostly if I'm playing online it's through google hangouts or something.
>>
>>48611171

As a GM, maptools is a triple threat of buggy, unfinished, and undocumented shit.
>>
Fantasy grounds is shit AND costs money.
>>
>>48608360
Because splitting such a niche hobby with a fucking paywall is how you end up with dead games. I have a hard time as it is getting a group together to play anything that's not D&D even with free services.
>>
I like roll 20 because all I need to make a map is paint. Drag and drop images is easy af and I can go straight to gameplay
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.