[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a GM who's players just finished Tomb of Horrors anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: that tiny ninja.jpg (63KB, 653x614px) Image search: [Google]
that tiny ninja.jpg
63KB, 653x614px
Ask a GM who's players just finished Tomb of Horrors anything.
>>
So how many character deaths?
>>
How many dicks have you tasted in your life?
>>
>>48607832
5 out of the 8 players died.
>>
Do you suspect the players might have been metagaming?
>>
>>48607814
Ey, Gygax, how's -78?

How's the new adventure? Lots of horror-related stuff?
>>
>>48607855
Isnt that kind of the point of Tomb of Horrors to metagame? It's supposed to be a challenge.
>>
>>48607847
Not him but I sucked my own after weeks trying and I'm wondering if that counts.

Also I don't get a chance to brag about it often.
>>
>>48607814
what's a GM?
>>
>>48607855
I have no doubt one of them was, but he ended up dying anyway. I always assumed every player at least knew about the false entrances and the sphere of destruction, but I guess I was wrong.
>>
>>48607875
I rose from the grave just to post here.
>>
File: druids_spooky.jpg (22KB, 236x244px) Image search: [Google]
druids_spooky.jpg
22KB, 236x244px
>>48607814
There's really only one important question:
Did they enjoy it?
>>
>>48607998
They all knew they were headed into the meat-grinder and were expecting the worst. As far as I can tell, most of them had a good time and part of the session was just seeing how far each of them could get.
>>
>>48607814
Why is half-lich the advanced form of lich?
>>
>>48608040
The name Demi-Lich is non-indicative: It happens because the Lich basically goes for centuries not paying attention to his physical body, so it erodes down to just a super-powerful skull.

A good joke my group has is that Demi-Liches are what happens when a Lich binge-reads a library without paying attention.
>>
>>48607814
Did they manage to kill Acererak? Also:
>>48607851
That's actually a pretty good count, when I ran this module I gave the party a rod of resurrection with over 30 charges, and they spent it all. In the first 5 hours of the session they couldn't get out of that first corridor, the one with the big green devil with an open mouth.
>>
>>48608371
They did manage to kill him. Plenty of heals/wishes were used.
>>
>>48608457
Btw, have you watch this? http://www.angryalien.com/tombofhorrors.asp

Fucking epic. And holy shit, Acererak was one tough motherfucker, they spend like 3 hours discussing how they would aproach him and in the end decided to try grabbing him and throw him in the sphere of annihilation. That was the second wipe, the first one was in the Juggernaut room. Good times.
>>
>>48607814
Wait... your players' been trying since 1978? It's that hard?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.