[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #998: Reaching Critical Mass Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 708
Thread images: 116

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48599886
>>
>>48606727
Name the one item you cannot live without.
>>
File: earth is flat.jpg (54KB, 1620x854px) Image search: [Google]
earth is flat.jpg
54KB, 1620x854px
Tell me Jumpers, what is the biggest secret that you have discovered by chance?
>>
File: tits.jpg (109KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
109KB, 500x281px
>>48606748
>>48606750
>>
>>48606750
the colour mlellow
>>
>>48606748
Warehouse
>>
>>48606748
Technically it's a collection of a number of linked magical items, but my Key. Without it, no warehouse, so no pod access and thus reduced companions, a great deal of lost firepower, no access to a number of linked pocket dimensions, and also vast paranoia about amnesia hidden drawbacks.
>>
Okay, be honest: Which one of you started the "Space Giants" thread after the talking about Zentraedi waifus last thread?
>>
>>48606221
>Problem is the jump says something about it in the notes.
That is not you dying, that is loss by additional Fiat condition, like some settings have getting a D&D Divine.Rank be a loss condition, Because Reasons.
Everything I said still applies.
>>
>>48606748
Probably the Sylladex.
>>48606750
I probably learned a lot of them when I ended up downloading all of the information from the Megastructures from Blame! and Biomega into my head.
You had a checkmark, CAPTCHA. Stop telling me you didn't.
>>
>>48606748
My Bicycle from Pokemon.
>>
>>48606839
Well it is certainly worth a fortune.
>>
Jumpers, what is the jump you don't like because you are familiar with and like the setting material, and don't agree with decisions/rulings the jumpmaker made regarding the setting, but you think would have been OK if you did not know the setting as well as you do?
>>
>>48606748
My genuine SlowpokeTail of course.
>>
The talk about becoming a True Fae has me wondering - is there a perk to help you make it so that transformation that should metaphysically count as killing you (most form of vampiric embraces, for example)... don't?
>>
>>48606861
Actually someone did the math using Pokemon go pokeball prices, the bike is roughly like $300. You only get pocket change from the starting people and your end rival gives you about $1.60.

>>48606827
It does still apply but that also means there is no way to become a true Fae without being sent home.
>>
>>48606884
Fall From Heaven. Awesome setting, really questionable choices for the jump.
>>
>>48606884
Gundam SEED and Code Geass.
>>
>>48606904
>Pokemon go pokeball prices
Mobile games are not fucking canon anon.
>>
>>48606904
How much do pokeballs cost then?
>>
>>48606922
Na they aren't but it was more to put it in perspective.
>>
In Elfen Lied, can one companion Lucy using the companion option?
>>
>>48606830
>Probably the Sylladex
I started reading the comic, but got interrupted and it is SO FUCKING HUGE I dread getting back to it.
Does the Sylladex get upgraded to not have the weird rules and you can use it as a regular inventory?

And can you alchemize a sylladex (and alchemical synthesizes gear) for others, or are those meta abilities more than items?
>>
File: angry custodes.gif (3MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
angry custodes.gif
3MB, 448x252px
>>48606922
Oh, hi, Kitten.
>>
>>48603817
Nah, it's like, Shinji had a choice and if he wanted, she could make anew ancestral race because she had both seeds
>>
>>48602527
this guy gets it
>>48606518
Wishgranter? is that a jump?
>>
>>48606930
I can't remember, read the thing earlier in the morning and can't find it. They cost £0.0395 in the mobile game though. 20 pokeballs for £0.79
>>
>>48606904
I always thought it made more sense to convert pokedollars directly into Yen. That way a single pokeball is like $2 or so.
>>
>>48606944
You can upgrade your Sylladex to be less cumbersome, sure. There are also Sylladexes that are just inherently better. Wallet Modus seems to be the most convenient to use version, though only no-nonsense dad types buy those. And you can alchemize sylladexes and alchemy equipment. Those aren't off-limits. They tend to be pretty expensive, though.
>>
>>48606982
>Wishgranter
S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I think?
>>
>>48606937
Yes. So sayeth Heavens. That said, if you take the expensive version, she'll still be crazy...just not towards you or companions.
>>
>>48606963
She didn't have it as a goal though, and that's not what ended up happening (just humans being gooed because Shinji is emo)
>>
File: samus_by_jimbo0311-d542a9j.jpg (408KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
samus_by_jimbo0311-d542a9j.jpg
408KB, 560x840px
Jump # 4 Bubblegum Crisis

Background: Knight Saber (200)
Starting Location: Silky Doll (Free)

Perks:
*Hardsuit Pilot (Free)
*Master of War (300, Discount)
*Visionary (300)
*Grease Monkey (300)
*Idol (300)

Equipment

*Saber Suit (free)
*apartment (Free)
*Motorcycle (free)
*Canyon Garage (100)
*Workshop (100)

DrawbackS
*At first you had my curiosity (+300)
*Now you have my attention (+300)

So I considered recruiting Priss for our new band but really she had her own band and in this life was sort of a former rival of mine. I was a failed singer turned mechanic letting her technical genius just rot away before Sylia approached me to help out with the hard suits.

In testing them she found out I wasn’t bad wearing one either so I wound up with a fourth spot. I also finagled Akitsu a role in the maintenance of the suits though… she wasn’t really meant for that sort of work. However I think Sylia picked up Akitsu was just going to fallow me wherever I went so she was sure to find her busy work.

So I would love to say I went jumper Jesus on this place and brought down Genon and everyone lived happily forever. What really happened though was I hung out with the Knight Sabers, helped keep their gear going we fought a futile battle against a megacorp that we knew winning against would wreck the world and we got to deal with Largo the Hyper boomer who just wouldn’t die and kept popping up again and again.

So we stayed alive though not really sure we made much difference during the 10 years.
>>
File: Bill.png (126KB, 540x511px) Image search: [Google]
Bill.png
126KB, 540x511px
>>48606982
Bancho, please, not here.

As for the Wishgranter, you need to get to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for it.
>>
>>48607032
Finish your meals Bill. This is just wasteful.
>>
>>48607002
thanks and I don't know if it was purposely omitted because It is a trap option,but there is another omnipotent Wish in gravity Falls if you take a Horrendous drawback.
>>48607032
what do you mean?
>>
>>48607014
Shinji had no ambition or so. Otherwise the thing would have happened.
>>
>>48606904
>there is no way to become a true Fae without being sent home.
1: Become True Fae and choose to stay. This was explicitly allowed, as quoted up chain. Also, with the jump ended and other jumps unfroze, there are ways to go back to previous jumps depending on the perks you took/items you bought/knowledge you have.
2: wait to become True Fae till after you have a Spark or you have already lost.
3. Stock on the "Keep your Identity" Perks before becoming True Fae
4. Don't become True Fae. There are more downsides than upsides (WoD Jump, natch) and the other True Fae will try to take your power for themselves and eat you, and may by the nature of Arcadia and contracts be immune to your perks there, because they did not agree to be subject to them. And your chain is over, so no Jumpchan in your corner.
>>
>>48607079
>Shinji had no ambition or so.
He wanted unconditional love. It's when he realized that there's no such thing that he flipped his shit.
>>
>>48607008
Thank you! Loving the jump.
>>
>>48606884
Reversing the question, people who should have made my jumps instead of me:
Gargoyles - Spyro
Disney Princess - My 6 year old niece
Elona - Literally anyone
Changeling - Merchant
Redline - South and Muyo
>>
>>48607140
No problem, glad you're enjoying it!
>>
>>48606884
Master of Magic. The way he made the jump, there are some Starting Wizard Builds you cannot become, including the one I usually pick. (2 Life, 2 Nature, 1 Chaos, 2 Sorcery, Alchemist, Artificer, Rune Master, Node Master)

Also, he is ignorant of how spell books work, and does not give a Life wizard a discount on Warlord, when they have a spell that does the same thing that explicitly stacks and is a common combo.
>>
>>48607192
>My 6 year old niece
I shudder to think what Jumpchain would look like if the Jumpmakers where children.
>>
>>48607192
>Elona
What would we call you then? Also, were you the guy who made Problem Sleuth and started Genius the Transgression but got high and deleted his progress, or was that another guy.
>>
>>48607137
> unconditional
Well, yeah.
Generally at the very least love requires some conditions, like, "Don't turn into a serial killer."

Although depending on how far down the crazy pole you're willing to go, you might be able to find someone for whom that's a selling point.

Shinji's such a do-nothing, though, I think someone would at least have the condition of him going out and finding another job, which he seemed pretty uninterested in doing.
>>
File: 1456881358764.jpg (339KB, 1050x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1456881358764.jpg
339KB, 1050x1350px
>>48606748
My Towel. Beyond the myriad of uses it already possesses, I took Concealment Equals Cover in Black Lagoon. So now my Towel also has the bullet resistance of tank armor.

>>48606750
Jumpchan is not the only one. She's not even one of a few. There are hundreds, thousands, millions of them. We're how they breed. I did not want to know this secret. But I can't stop.
>>
>>48606944
Once you hit God Tier there's a badge you can get that allows you to pick up stuff and put it down without invoking the sylladex. Only one character is shown to have it, and by that point of the story Hussie mostly skips over any weird sylladex shit anyways.

And yes, the sylladex is a weird meta thing, When dealing with Homestuck, the answer is ALWAYS "it's a weird meta thing."
>>
>>48606994
>They tend to be pretty expensive, though.
So I will dismantle Mystcraft and Terraria worlds for grist. Wasn't there also a perk that upgraded the alchemizer and kept costs down?

I like to Pimp out my Companions with goodies in case they decide to stay behind, or I get depowered. Also for people I like in a jump who will be staying behind.
>>
>>48607260
What makes Shinji so difficult to love is that he's passive as hell in matters of affection, with only the occasional efforts. He's all take and no give and doesn't even have the courage to fool people into going along with it.
>>
>>48607137
You mean Shinji was Bancho?
>>
I've been tinkering with converting jumpchains to an RPG system, and I think I've finally cracked the code. Let me know if I've missed something.

Any jumpchain skill/ability can be bought as a gift (either you have it or you don't) or a skill with a default skill level of Superb. Skills may be purchased at lower levels for a discount.

Rung on the Fudge Ladder: Cost
Superb: 100%
Great: 80%
Good: 60%
Fair: 40%
Mediocre: 20%
Poor: Free

The advantage here is that you can roll 4 Fudge dice (or Fate dice; they're the same thing) to make skill checks. Roll 4dF and adjust your skill up or down the Fudge ladder by that many steps. Compare the result to the difficulty of the task, as ranked on the Fudge ladder. If the result equals or exceeds the task difficulty, you succeeded. Otherwise you either failed or succeeded in a way that made things worse for you.

As an example, let's say you took "Quidditch star" at Fair in the Harry Potter jump. You'll never be able to go professional, but it should be enough to get you around on a broom.

An airborne Draco Malfoy throws Neville's Rememberall at the ground, but Harry Potter is nowhere to be found! You jump into action! How hard is it to catch the Rememberall before it hits the ground? Let's call that Great difficulty.

Roll 4dF and... disaster! You rolled -3. Your Fair skill on a broom, shifted down 3 levels, becomes Terrible. Instead of catching the bauble and pulling out of the dive, you slam into the ground and break several bones. It looks like Madame Pomfrey will need to clear a bed for you in the infirmary tonight...
>>
>>48607308
Just be sure not to overflow your Grist meter. Overflow doesn't disappear, but it does go into Gristtorent and make you have to download it back when you need it instead of having instant access. Your Grist meter grows as you level up, though. Just making you aware that trying to do this before going out and exploring your world is going take a huge amount of time.
>>
>>48607247
Spacebattles.

>>48607251
>What would we call you then?
Anonymous.

>Also, were you the guy who made Problem Sleuth and started Genius the Transgression but got high and deleted his progress, or was that another guy.

That was me, I just don't think anyone else here would do Problem Sleuth at all, much less better. And Genius is free for whoever wants to do it. I've also started and abandoned Generic Toon Jump and am considering starting and abandoning Digger or Samurai Pizza Cats.
>>
>>48607339
Shinji isn't that pathetic, and he eventually realized that forcing everyone into his shitty utopia is wrong.
>>
File: zAp2LzJ.png (636KB, 2500x2641px) Image search: [Google]
zAp2LzJ.png
636KB, 2500x2641px
>>48607264
>That spoiler
>>
>>48607308
Get Equivalent Exchange, use something that just generates infinite power, use it for powering up EE and generating materials, along with energy collectors. Break THESE down for grist.
>>
Example jump using the Fudge Mod rules:

Jump: Ranma 1/2
1000 cp
martial artist -100
900 cp
Juusenkyo curse: choose cat -100
800 cp
Some kind of ninja: -50
750 cp
Amazon durability -100
650 cp
Medical Genius -200
*discount; Fair: 40% cost; -80 cp
570 cp
Copycat technique -300
270 cp
Flask of Water of Life -100
170 cp
Ki projection: -600
*discount: Mediocre: 20% cost; -120
50 cp
Fan of divine wind -50
0 cp

I wanted to learn martial arts, but most of the stuff I wanted was discounted for drop-ins. I finally decided to go with a drop-in background and do my best to get some training from one of the main characters. As per usual, I decided to roll 1d100 to see how this works out for me.

90! Fuck, yeah! During my time there I learn martial arts from one of the canon characters. I'll worry about which one later.

Since I had a few CP left over I decided to spend them on Mediocre ki projection. Not really something I'm enthusiastic about, but it might come in handy if I want to learn ki-based attacks in a different jump.
>>
>>48607192
>Redline
But it's great.

It's the only reason I ever watched Redline in the first place.
>>
>>48607352
>Skills may be purchased at lower levels for a discount.
That seems like adding unnecessary sophistication and demultiplying the chances of debates over how good you are at X.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
Overlord (LN/M/A) Jump:
CP: 1000
Drawback:
Powerless [+600]
Rival Guild [+200]
Race: Angel (Player) [Free]
Origin: Player, Magic User
Perks:
Tolerance for Evil [Free]
Personal Inventory [-50]
Themed Ascetics [-50]
Golden Mind [-100]
Enhanced Healing Ability [Free]
Alchemist [Free]
The 42nd Supreme Being [-1000]
Level One-Hundred [Free]
Class Skills, Magic User (Talisman Mage) [Free]
The Abyss of Magic [-300]
Gear:
Medium Tier Equipment [Free]
Legendary Tier Equipment [Free]
The Ring of Elru [-400]
The Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown [Free]

Homunculus Maid [Free]
Custom NPC (___) [Free]
Doppelganger Drop-In) [400]
Perks:
Personal Inventory (Upgraded) [Free]
Themed Ascetics (Upgraded) [Free]
Level One-Hundred [Free]
Class Skills, Drop-In (Ranger, Rouge, Sorcerer Swordsman) [-100]
Skillful & Resourceful [-100]
Skillful Acquisitions [-200]
Gear:

This is a great starter Jump!
>>
>>48607435
Enjoy dying horribly because you took the trap drawback combo.
>>
>>48607352
>Let me know if I've missed something.
The realization that this is a stupid idea and you should stop.
>>
File: IMG_8737.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8737.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>48607352
...I don't know why you would want to do that unless you wanted to go full potato, but -
>being able to discount perks at a reduction in quality
No.
>>
>>48607383
It just looks like you want a way to get stuff cheaper and nothing else really seems different.
>>
>>48607447
How is that a trap?
>>
>>48607352
Go home, anon. You're drunk.
>>
File: angry magnus.jpg (134KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
angry magnus.jpg
134KB, 601x500px
>>48607410
>It's the only reason I ever watched Redline in the first place.
>One of the greatest animated movies
>His only reason is because he saw it in a Jump
>>
>>48607524
Well, you probably want to spend most of your time inside your guild. Becase another guild who only wants you dead has the same strength as Nazarick and it's after you.
>>
>>48607528
Powerless takes away ALL out of jump knowledge. Rival Guild will basically hunt you down and kill you as soon as you leave the dungeon, and nothing you do can possibly let you survive against them if you took Powerless. Have fun getting ganked.
>>
>>48607547
Not that anon, but I had never heard of Redline before there was a jump about it, and only watched it because one was made.

It is a beautiful movie, however, I'm glad I got to experience that.
>>
>>48607509

Mostly I just wanted to run jumpchains more like a tabletop RPG. If I have martial arts training, and my opponent has martial arts training, what are my odds of success? If I have it at Great and he has it at Fair, I know that my odds are pretty good. (odds of rolling -2 or better: 93%)
>>
>>48606750
The entire concept of jumpchain is a cycle. when we get our spark, we are destined to become something like jumpchan, and stater letting other jumpers into the multiverse.
>>
>>48607671
There is an agreement going around for a bunch of anons and namefags have agreed to set each other on the chain if they get in.
>>
File: MOM!.gif (45KB, 264x300px) Image search: [Google]
MOM!.gif
45KB, 264x300px
>>48607671
So Jumpchan is our mommy?
>>
>>48607748
No anon, it's even wore: you're your mommy.
>>
>>48606750
There is only one person accompanying you on your journey: Jump-chan. Even all your waifus and friends are but aspects of her.
>>
File: nya abused.jpg (82KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
nya abused.jpg
82KB, 500x386px
>>48607878
So, Nya?
>>
>>48607878
She is yandere as fuck, and people think that there is a way to leave the chain.
>>
>>48607628
Or, you, just ignore Brellin past the point where he went mad with power. I mean, he is saying No powers, and no knowledge is a +200 CP drawback.
But hey, you all started this by letting jumpmakers add worse and worse blatantly bad drawbacks and say they were worth less and less points.
>>
So, jumpers, which one of you had your waifus at least attempt to fuse themselves into one waifu, at least temporaily?
>>
>>48607971
There was never more than one waifu, there was only ever Jump Chan.
>>
>>48607934
Technically is a 100cp drawback if you have lvl 100. You need another drawback to get the 800cp.
>>
File: 10a.jpg (35KB, 499x492px) Image search: [Google]
10a.jpg
35KB, 499x492px
>>48607929
There is, unless you wank otherwise. Some people don't even have Jumpchan. I see Professor Oak a lot.
>>48607971
I suppose that's one way to deal with pic related.
>>
File: ByAllYourWaifusCombined.png (5KB, 230x224px) Image search: [Google]
ByAllYourWaifusCombined.png
5KB, 230x224px
>>48607971
A few threads back, some weirdo wanted to merge all his companions into one companion. Because they are all interchangeable parts or something.
>>
>>48608038
> Welcome to the world of Black Bullet!
> Are you a boy or a girl?
> You can change it with 100CP!

Weirdly fitting.
>>
>>48607971
Don't want to, don't need to. Only got one waifu! Help I prematurely took harem perks and nobody will leave me alone even when I say I've got someone
>>
>>48608216
Toggle in YJ, Amulet in Girl Genius, Precise in DC.
>>
>>48608216
*And she's gotta be a lesbian in Dodgeball.
>>
Okay, so you know how in myths, or in the earlier parts of LoTR, people were capable of doing impossible things like slaying dragons, outfighting gods, and holding off armies by simple virtue of the fact they they were awesome enough to do so, with the details of how being irrelevant?

Are there any perks that let you do stuff like that?
>>
>>48608261
>>48608247
This is very helpful, thank you.
>>
>>48608349
Suplex a Train in FF6 and Realm of Myths in Civilization might be what you're looking for.
>>
>>48608389
>Realm of Myths
That will probably work.

Just curious is there are any perks that let you test someone by comparing your metaphysical "night" to theirs?
>>
Alright anons, we're fast approaching the 1000th thread. Anything you'd like to say before we do?
>>
File: Gamer 2.png (698KB, 800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Gamer 2.png
698KB, 800x1296px
The Gamer/Minion Master chain requires yet another toss good Jumpers.

Last time: Minion Master beat the shit out of Skynet with his Army, then got sent to the drug-fueled haze that is Alice in Wonderland.

The Gamer Chain-
Concept-Overlord Native-Chain, a Gamer like Ainz who got sucked into the New World. Built the way I would build a character for an MMO, Minions and Buffs for Minions.
Has a Gamer mind-set for most of the chain, trying to exploit anything he can, and to get more Minions and Buffs.

Companions- Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, Mooks, Lupa d'Angela, Akitsu, Yashima, Haihane, Waddle Dees, Heather, Genie, Female Hades,
Felyne(Not named),Arianrhod, Otis, Milo, Chara(SAVED, and Podded)
>>
>>48608468
Dicks.
>>
>>48608479
Golden Sky Story
>>
>>48608429
Might*
>>
File: Hope.jpg (307KB, 1280x672px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
307KB, 1280x672px
>>48608468
I love you people, I love you when you're discussing some cool combo, I love you when you're spurging over the Lore of your favorite setting, I love you when you're arguing over damn near anything.

I love this thread, I love this CYOA, and I love you Anons.
>>
>>48608479
Terminator.
>>
>>48608468
I forgive you all.
>>
Is a Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu jump possible?
>>
>>48608479
Yu-Gi-Oh or NGNL
>>
>>48608503
Rock on, Anon of Justice.
>>
File: Gamer.jpg (42KB, 564x366px) Image search: [Google]
Gamer.jpg
42KB, 564x366px
>>48608495
Sure thing.

>>48608505
>Mention Skynet in the "Last time" section
>Send me to Terminator
Wat? I was just there.

>>48608538
I'll take both.
>>
Besides Fallout, Stargate, and maybe Chrono Trigger, what are some jumps with perks that help you reverse engineer technology?
>>
File: tumblr_o76qfcMiFn1sk1rjvo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o76qfcMiFn1sk1rjvo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x264px
>>48608468
I consider most of you friends on some level. You're all (and by all I mean the ones that aren't screaming children. You know who you are.) pretty great.
>>48608521
Since you're the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse, Complete and Utter Obliviousness, you are very much in the exception bin.
>>
>>48608468
Hope I provided fun and entertainment, and thanks for listening to any of my stories or enjoying any jumps I made.

On a related note, thank you /jc/ for being a fun place for my guilty pleasure hobby. Yall are fantastic.
>>
File: 1470192631458.png (87KB, 548x792px) Image search: [Google]
1470192631458.png
87KB, 548x792px
>>48607264
>spoiler

I knew it!!!
>>
>>48608468
ASA, I always disliked you the most.
>>
>>48608468
I'm amazed we got this far, and I'm worried it's a trap.
>>
>>48608578
>>48608580
These images are both adorable.
>>
>>48608578
was That really necessary?
I can get not liking me,but I really don't get the degree to which people don't like me.
>>
>>48606748
Muatra

>>48606750
Love.

>>48606884
City of Heroes is a clusterfuck. Like pissing on a grave.
>>
>>48608468
Despite how autistic, salty, spiteful or such the thread quite often gets, I am happy we got the Jumpchain threads.
>>
>>48607264
Too bad that after its over and everything goes potatoes there will be no good bars or movies to go too with all the world eating monsters.
>>
File: 1336867087272.png (1017KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1336867087272.png
1017KB, 848x900px
>>48608468
I've become a mess and the only thing keeping me here is by not being here 80% of the time
>>
>>48608468
See you in thread 2000.

Once we hit thread 2017 we should do some kind of timey wimey bullshit.
>>
>>48608468
Everyone here is awesome and it's been neat watching this community form and grow. Here's hoping for another thousand threads.

Even after I start jumping, I'll still be making new builds.
>>
>>48608468
Wish I could get my shit together and finish one of these projects
>>
>>48608468
I know I'm a bit of a late comer to this whole party, but I'm glad I found this board, this thread, and all of you. It's been fun and I can't wait to have more fun. I really do like a majority of you and I'm happy I could contribute to this community.

>>48608580
For you, the next one in that series.
>>
>>48608528
Yes, as long as you don't have the rewind or immortal powers, everything else there should be fair game.

>>48608563
Worm.
>>
>>48608521
>>48608625

Y'know I suspect people would have been more sympathetic if you weren't such a self-righteous ass.
>>
>>48608558
Oops. Somehow read that as you beating up a wannabe Skynet not the real deal. My bad.
>>
>>48608626
>Muatra
m'dick
>>
>>48608563
MCU.
>>
>>48608468
dumpster fire incoming
>>
>>48608677
>>48608580
I love these
>>
>>48608563
Gundam 00, I think? One of them anyways. Scientist Capstone Booster is great.
>>
>>48608098
I'll have you know that it was because I wanted then to count as a single companion for import purposes, and merging the together into a singular being is perfectly appropriate.
>>
File: 1469746891802.jpg (88KB, 600x382px) Image search: [Google]
1469746891802.jpg
88KB, 600x382px
>>48608468
You should have killed me when you had the chance.
>>
>>48608740
I want to know if there's more.
>>
>>48608625
Yes.
>>
>>48608468
This thread taught me that I'm a horrible person with some really creepy interests, and it's more normal than I thought it was.

Oh god, help me.
>>
>>48608758
Two more images, with adult Undyn.
>>
>>48608468
I wish I'd never found Jumpchain.
>>
>>48608740
>>48608758
There are two more in the series. They will be posted.

>>48608636
I hold out hope it will be better than I expect, but someone less than I hope. You are wrong about the bars though. BartenderAnon will be there, serving up the best food and drinks collected from the corners of the multiverse.
>>
>>48608468
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
>>
>>48608468
All my life is pain and suffering and Jumpchain alleviates it for little while.
>>
File: satan corn.jpg (41KB, 430x294px) Image search: [Google]
satan corn.jpg
41KB, 430x294px
>>48608756
>>
>>48608468
Thank you all so very much for introducing me to this. Thank you to all Jumpmakers for the gifts you've given us,It is because of you that we can have these threads.
>>
File: NUBqeqp.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
NUBqeqp.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>48608756
There there Red. I think you, your jumps, and your contributions to the conversation are pretty great.
Also no potatoes.
>>
Should I go to Merlin or Amalur to pick up immunity to fate.
>>
File: truth.jpg (112KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
112KB, 500x503px
>>48608468
I’d just like to say thanks to those of you who aren’t complete and utter cunts. You’ve really made time spent here worthwhile, and have provided me with both idle enjoyment and inspiration to do other things. I wish you nothing but the best.

Cheers.
>>
>>48608853
Of Destiny Born in Viking Saga. Nothing can go wrong.
Actually Merlin. It seems a bit better.
>>
File: 4Chan.jpg (73KB, 400x594px) Image search: [Google]
4Chan.jpg
73KB, 400x594px
>>48608468
My only regrets are that I haven't made a longer chain nor added graphics to all my jumps.
>>
>>48608468
It's been fun, and I wonder how much further we'll go with these threads.

In any case, you guys are awesome. Hope you'll enjoy the jump I'll release for our 1000th.
>>
>>48608871
That pic is hilarious.
>>
File: White.jpg (38KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
White.jpg
38KB, 500x300px
>>48607194
Enjoying is the rather mild word. The whole thing is one of my childhood darlings.

...So!

Diclonius [500]: Truly, I could pick nothing else.

Like a Scalpel [100]: My movements become completely unaffected by stress? Gimme!
Mark of a Devil: Now, I may not quite have a horn fetish... But. But!
Vectors: Not just telekinesis, but actual hands...
Seed of Chaos [200]: At times, I wonder - is extinction via denial of your race to your children truly as bad as genocide? ...That sounded better in my head.
Inhuman: Alright. Pretty good.
Like An Angel [100]: Ara, ara... I do so love to smile.
Of Many Hands [200]: MORE multitasking!
I Know My Voice [300]: Complete purge, you say? Oh, why must you spoil me so?~

One Of My Own [200]: Let me love you, Kaede. Also, have this "I Know My Voice" perk. You'll need it.

Nana’s Everyday Life: Mandatory drawback number one...
DNA Voice: ...And two.
MINE!: Listen to me, Kaede! Just me. Let us hold hands for a moment before both descend into abyss that is Nyu.
Annie!: One per week? Yikes. Good thing she still has all the powers. Also, my companions are going to love this jump. Until Kaede gets to them, that is.
Arm and an Arm: Gee. Guess who cuts THOSE off.

~~~

In short? This will be a sad decade.

Despite her purity and innocence, Annie is still but a shell, a pale sliver of what once was - rather unlike Nyu, I suppose. As danger brings me out, I can slowly calm Kaede down as she restores herself from Nyu.

But helping other Diclonii? Saving - truly saving - Nana? Preventing the Diclonius War?

That will fall to the people who I choose to bring in.

Hm, I wonder.

>Hello, Vlad. We have a problem. Well, YOU have a problem. Me, I have schizophrenia. And that's just one of your problems.

...Alright, no Alucard in this universe. Decisions, decisions...

~~~

Thank you, Heavens. I love it.
>>
File: Waifu Sororitas.png (2MB, 2133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Sororitas.png
2MB, 2133x1600px
>>48608908
I wanted to post something classy for the occasion.
>>
>>48608468
How the fuck did this barely organized group of shitposters, powergamers, writefags, and wannabe writefags, barring super cool dudes like myself, ever last 1000 fuckin threads.

Hats off to our staying power folks. Like AIDS, you can't keep us down.
>>
>>48608853
Merlin seems like it's super safe and has really strong magic too. Just take what you want and hide in a hole for 10 years working on other projects.
>>
>>48608468
No matter where we go from here it was all worth it. And I made friends here I'll never forget.
>>
>>48608468
It's been fun.
>>
>>48608495
Sorry, looking over the jump I'm gonna have to reject it. I dunno why, something just feels off. I can't put it into words exactly.
>>
>>48608468
This had been a frustrating, shitty experience filled with horrible people and pointless arguments about things that are completely irrelevant.

And given the chance, I'd do it all again.
>>
>>48607435
You only get 100cp for 'Powerless' if you take 'Level 100'.
>>
File: bartender_326.jpg (31KB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
bartender_326.jpg
31KB, 400x227px
>>48608798
>You are wrong about the bars though. BartenderAnon will be there, serving up the best food and drinks collected from the corners of the multiverse.

It is my dream after all.
>>
There's still a thread head of us before 1000, you know. Two threads, this and the next, for it all to blow up.
>>
Please someone for the love of mankind make the 1000th edition some sort of quote from Jumpchan asking you to participate in the chain, I will fucking hug you through space and time.
>>
>>48608468
I love this place. There could be no way otherwise. And it was all worth it already.

Thank you all.
>>
>>48609036
>>48609037
Maybe a quote from one of the early threads? Can you really believe it's been two years since all this started?

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/jumpchain/end/2014-12-30/page/8/
>>
>>48608468
I would like to say:

Most of the people trying to nice warm and fluffy are covering up & blatantly ignoring almost 1000 threads of dumb bullshit.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>48609022
True and I will do a rebuild as soon as I can post it.
>>
>>48609068
>JoJo anon
Oh...
>>
>>48609068
>Can you really believe it's been two years since all this started?
With the rate we've been burning through threads lately? No.
>>
>>48608563
Iji and X-Com.
>>
>>48609037
No potatoes.
>>
>>48609068
>that Reborn pdf

Ugh. People actually liked that shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 205x246px
>tfw your to smart too make jumps
>>
File: 987654376598.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
987654376598.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>48609209
>>
RE: Generation Kill
Is it wrong of me to want yo take Captain America as a companion?
Because that would be infinitely amusing when he's not your CO
>>
>>48608853
Go to Amalur, there isn't actually much there of value beyond the fateless and fate shift stuff.
>>
>>48609183
Different time, difference standards.

Honestly if someone had posted the pokemon Jump now then the thread would bitch and whine about it. If Jumpchain continues then the ones we call good now will probably have people say "Ugh. People actually liked that shit?"
>>
>>48609209
absolutely precious
>>
>>48608521
>>48608625
Well, Bancho, normally I just ignore most of what you post, but I have to say.
*You're* forgiving *us*? And you don't understand why that would make some people buttflustered?
Sometimes, I see your posts and I can't help but wonder, "does there go a troll to end all trolls?"
>>
>>48609304
Dude, he still thinks himself justified for dragging several people's names through the mud back when he was still accepted in public.
>>
>>48608468
Thanks for giving me a lot of writing practice, and sorry I procrastinated so much that I don't have anything ready for Thread 1000.
>>
>>48608521
>>
>>48609304
To be fair, if he genuinely does have epilepsy, then intentionally trying to trigger it is a major dick move.

You're still right though.
>>
>>48608697
>Tinker/Reverse Engineer
Wow, I think that's the most powerful reverse engineering ability I've seen. Thanks.
>>
>>48608468
This has wasted so much of my time on utterly inane shit, and ruined my enjoyment of a number of books, movies, anime and more.
On the other hand, it's actually motivated me to do a few hobby-related things and introduced me to even more media, some of it fantastic.
Here's to you, /jc/.
>>
File: Fun.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>48608538
Yu-Gi-Oh- Cards Games? With Monsters? But I can make monters whenever I want.
0/1100
Rolled for Heartland City
Rolled for 14
Technician
Original Deck- Come on man, I need my Companions/Best Minions as Monster Card.
Free Crazy Hair
Free It's a Trap
Discount Anti-Shadowrealm
Free Items
Destiny Cards

Disliked+100

No Game, No Life- I can't solve my problems by throwing Minions at it? God damn it!
0/1000
Rolled for 16
Elf
Discount Magic
Discount Summoning-Moar Minions, despite being absolutely fucking useless here.
Seeing the Future
>>
>>48608468
Thanks for all the fun times. It's been great.
>>
>>48609330
That is actually possible with the right combination of perks though, right? Because there are people I wish to slap upside the head.
>>
>>48609304
you know this thread has literally tried to kill me right? I know I'm bad at stuff regarding people, but truly I don't intend to be a troll,most of the time I don't even know what I'm doing wrong and when I get That I am doing wrong I ask for guidance. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do! Help me!
>>48609319
I don't even remember doing that! I'm not saying I didn't I'm saying, how long ago was it? When does the moving on happen?
>>
>>48609369
I could've sworn there was a perk that explicitly allowed you to do that?
>>
>>48609383
it's in generic virtual world
>>
>>48609383
Kung Fury has a perk to let you shoot through the phone, so that could be the start of something.
>>
Here's the last one, for the interested Anons.
>>
>>48609382
No Tera.
The thread did not do anything to you. Well, except call you a faggot, which is true. It was individuals who did so.
>>
>>48609409
>Magikarp finally made it
YES!
>>
File: 1468887745072.png (219KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1468887745072.png
219KB, 500x625px
>>48608468
I always thought Konata was secretly a good person
Mages are best and warriors are for teasing.
Speedsters are dicks.
While this place may not always be fun it has at least been entertaining, desu
>>
>>48609382
>Help me

People've tried helping you and you've spat in their fucking faces - Red chief among them. Hell, Konatanon fucking played editor to the disasters you call jumps, and one image made you take an almighty SHIT on one of the few people who was nice to you.

You ask for help but you slap away people who try to. That's why the only thing people have for you now is scorn.
>>
>>48609409
Gyrados = best pokemon.
>>
>>48609409
Thank you. My life would not have been complete if you'd left it where it was.
>>
>>48608468
All in all, I think this game is pretty fun!
>>
>>48609382
>you know this thread has literally tried to kill me right?

Maybe its you? Like have you tried leaving jumpchain and going to another thing? Maybe go to the quest board?
>>
>>48609502
He tried once, but apparently he's "addicted"
>>
>>48609502
He tried.

He came crawling back. Under the name ManlyManon.
>>
>>48609427
yeah Anons in the thread, On several occasions, I think you're being A bit nitpicky, I did not mean to state that the thread itself was capable of doing it on its own, but yes there were people in the thread who did so.
>>48609476
1.red's criticism was never constructive and usually vague.
2.Konatanon did something once and we talked about it like reasonable adults in irc.
>>48609502
if only it were that easy,I'd love to give this up but I can't, it's purest escapism I've been able to find.
>>
>>48609524
>>48609532
>>48609540
Well then maybe he (or you bancho) should stop posting.
>>
>>48609540
>1.red's criticism was never constructive and usually vague.

Oh are we playing that game huh?

>2.Konatanon did something once and we talked about it like reasonable adults in irc.

Yeah, after you screamed like an infantile idiot at them.
>>
>>48608468
I'm sorry about some of the mistakes I've made. And that I take so long making things.
>>
File: 1415632961770.jpg (72KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1415632961770.jpg
72KB, 500x750px
>>48609540
>2.Konatanon did something once and we talked about it like reasonable adults in irc.

I have a feeling you are the antired faggot but then again I could actually put up with him easier than your lies and bullshit.
>>
>>48608468
*Inset something poignant and meaningful here*
>>
>>48609581
There is nothing to apologize for, mysterious jumpmaking anon.
>>
>>48609558
desu, I don't know what I would do if he left. He's such a fixture in the threads that it would just be...off.
Like when he went away for a week last month? I was legitimately worried (not in a personal way mind you, but like you would worry about your neighbor's cat) that something happened to him.
>>
>>48609463
>>48609478
>>48609479
You're very welcome. Magikarp/Gyarados is one of my favorite Pokemon as well, even with his horrendous weakness to electric moves.

And now this all makes me want to write a Magikarp chain, but I have so much on my plate already and I have no idea how I would write that character. A constant underdog? Augh! Brain! Stop thinking about this! There's Fifth Element fluff to write!
>>
>>48609558
He won't.

He insists he has something meaningful to contribute.
>>
>>48609409
Seen here: Moments before the newly-evolved Gyarados, hungry after its mighty growth spurt, finally managed to eat something more substantial than gold fish flakes.
Because it was blue fish flake.
>>
File: 1464315958032.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1464315958032.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>>48609548
>Can you imagine Red posting about forgiving us all for GrudgeShitposter?
I sure as hell can't.

>>48609540
>>
>>48609331
There's been, what, 0-2 attempts at that, depending if you count posts that contain some variant of "BANCHO I HOPE YOU SEE THIS AND IT TRIGGERS YOUR EPILEPSY" in post or filename? So maybe one anon, maybe 2? And he's forgiving us *all*? Can you imagine Red posting about forgiving us all for GrudgeShitposter?
>>
>>48609478
They're at the top of the list.
>>
File: hide my face where it belongs.gif (959KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hide my face where it belongs.gif
959KB, 480x270px
>>48609597
I can't help but feel like there is.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg (79KB, 753x597px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg
79KB, 753x597px
Overlord (LN/M/A) Jump 001:
Drawback:
Foreigner [+100]
Powerless [+100]
Rival Guild [+600]
Race: Angel (Player) [Free]
Origin: Player, Magic User
Perks:
Personal Inventory [-50]
Themed Ascetics [-50]
Golden Mind [-100]
Enhanced Healing Ability [Free]
Alchemist [Free]
Favored by Fortune [-100]
Friends With the Devil [-100]
The 42nd Supreme Being [-800]
Level One-Hundred [Free]
Class Skills, Magic User (Talisman Mage) [Free]
The Abyss of Magic [-300]
Gear:
Medium Tier Equipment [Free]
The Ring of Elru [-400]
The Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown [Free]

Homunculus Maid (Flesh Homunculus) [Free]
Custom NPC (___) [Free]
Doppelganger Drop-In) [400]
Perks:
Personal Inventory (Upgraded) [Free]
Themed Ascetics (Upgraded) [Free]
Level One-Hundred [Free]
Class Skills, Drop-In (Ranger, Rouge, Sorcerer Swordsman) [-100]
Skillful & Resourceful [-100]
Skillful Acquisitions [-200]
Gear:

Rebuild done, also noted that I had a free 200 cp cause I still thought that The 42nd Supreme Being was 1000 instead of the 800 it is now.
Also the name of the game is traps! Setting up trap magic shouldn't be too problematic and the ability to have precast a large variety of negative status effects, such as confusion, insanity, vertigo, torpor, poisons,the more powerful ‘toxins’, polymorphing, petrification, instant death effects, and a fairly even mix of both arcane and divine spells with The Abyss of Magic enhancing each spell, of which I can store three of the same on one Talisman now, and area of effects wide enough to engulf entire cities means that my flexibility is and edge.
Also having a triple-maximized magic Over Rank honed through The Abyss of Magic is freaking huge. With the Abyss I can make a fireball into a city buster so imagine what I can do to my classes equalization to Fallen Down.
>>
>>48609473
Sauce?
>>
>>48609609
Please keep your vore fiction isolated to your FA account.
>>
>>48609616
You should apologize, Nerfwhore. Or hurry up and give us the Nerf jump, whichever you prefer.
>>
>>48609540
>>48609616
It's always a bitch when the people you try to throw under the bus to excuse your own bullshit show up in thread to call you out, isn't it Tera?
>>
>>48609616
okay if you disagree with That post some criticism you have given me, because I remember you being pretty vague.
>>
>>48609616
>pic related
Who's that?
>>
>>48609657
sorry mate, no clue. I got it off a different thread.
>>
>>48609696
The female version of the MC from Fire Emblem: Fates.

If you want to buy it, get the Japanese version. The western version censored HEADPATTING.
>>
>>48609674
You remember it being vague so that you could drag them through the mud and demand a public apology in thread for daring to try and make you nerf PS238.

Which you then continued to buff stupidly so over the next few months.
>>
>>48609672
wait what? what bull crap have I been doing that I'm trying to Excuse?
>>
>>48609712
Anon, this is a blue board.
>>
>>48609722
hey I'm not to say I got the balancing point right the first couple of times there, but the balancing point red suggested was way too low.
>>
>>48609712
... does the Japanese version have English text? Because that's kindof important for me.
>>
>>48609600
Wish something had, nothinf deadly just bad enough not to log in to his computer. He is only good as a metric for powerwanking and bad ideas.
>>
>>48609736
Call the mods, I don't give a fuck. Heapatting is best. Its censorship in FE: Fates' western release was a war crime.
>>
File: 1469690566513.png (232KB, 1084x534px) Image search: [Google]
1469690566513.png
232KB, 1084x534px
>>48609657
Oh hey, I remember that artist. http://sashamya.deviantart.com/

>>48609664
I'll only apologize for not finding enough material to make an adequate Nerf jump. It would have been OC as fuck and I wouldn't have felt comfortable going that far considering the thread's views on OC jumps.

>>48609674
I think Terra Formars is proof enough that what you remember and what actually happened are two different things.
>>
Looking to do a Gundam chain for the hell of it. Whats the best order to go in?
>>
>>48609775
Oh, I didn't realize you gave up on it, I thought it was still in progress. Oh well.
>>
>>48609772
How lewd.
>>
>>48609789
Depends, what do you want out of it?
>>
>>48609789
Have you done other jumps already, or is this going to be Gundam-only? Because depending on what survival or engineer perks you have, the best order can vary.
>>
Is it a good idea to cook with hellfire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjvlDUMWrNI
>>
>>48609769
Learn Japanese anon, it'll be worth it ultimately.

There might be some kinda fan patch to either add it back or put the english text in the Japanese game by now, I dunno. You might want to check.

>>48609802
No, it's pure.
>>
>>48609789
Well, I guess in order of when they came out? Pretty sure each Gundam is more advanced than the last, due to a classic case of "We need to make this more awesome than the last series" or something. Except for Build Fighters. I don't know what's going on there.
>>
>>48609775
that is a good Point,I'm not going to argue That I don't Frequently perceive and thus remember things wrongly. I'm sorry.
>>
>>48609723
Lets be honest here, you were a colossal asshole way back when and now it has escalated to the point where hating you is a meme. I would suggest dropping the trip but you're too recognisable. You are pretty much screwed in terms of public opinion and there is litte to nothing that you can do about it.
>>
File: lewdbrows.png (71KB, 400x279px) Image search: [Google]
lewdbrows.png
71KB, 400x279px
>>48609826
Anon, you fucking madman, you're going to destroy us all!
>>
>>48609799
Yeah, sorry. The only actual content for it is two shitty video games that turn Nerf guns into weapons of mass destruction and a robot that wants to use nerf guns to kill all humans for... some reason? They never explain it.

Point is there was so very little there that I couldn't justify it with the ruleset we have now. So rather than fight it and risk causing problems I just dropped it.
>>
>>48609857
We'd recognize him by the way he types.
>>
>>48609857
pretty much yeah.
>>
>>48609789
I don't know the order. But you probably should do Build Fighters last, for the continuity drawback.
>>
>>48609815
A mobile suit, mainly.

>>48609816
Not Gundam exclusive, but I've been putting it off for the reason stated.
>>
File: hand holding.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hand holding.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>48609868
>>48609826
>>
File: Matsuri and Kagetora.jpg (158KB, 728x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Matsuri and Kagetora.jpg
158KB, 728x1092px
Alright now let's get a second Jump in. eh /JC?
>>
Anybody know of any way to get hyperbolic time hijinks besides Narnia, SCP, and Dead Space?
>>
>>48609884
That's what I meant yea.
>>
>>48609874
What do you think about a pepsiman jump?
>>
>>48609920
Super Robot Wars
>>
>>48609857
>>48609887
I want to make it clear however that I am dedicated to being a better person and learning from my mistakes,I want nothing more than To belong in this community
>>
File: pepsiman.gif (353KB, 240x155px) Image search: [Google]
pepsiman.gif
353KB, 240x155px
>>48609926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-FGjXTuPwM
>>
>>48609926
Do iiit.
>>
File: 1267851046502.jpg (87KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
1267851046502.jpg
87KB, 600x511px
>>48609926
I wouldn't know the first thing about that.

Besides. I'm pretty much dedicated to the ritual altar that is Black Crusade when I finish Warframe.
>>
Is there anything like 'Alegetty Idol' from Chrono Trigger in other jumps?

>Reward - Alegetty Idol: Made from clay from the former Earthbound village, it depicts a figure with broken wings that stands tall and proud regardless. Designed to invoke a sense of empathy in those who view it, it helps you better remember what it's like to be without power. Not only will this give you a better sense of perspective, but will also make it easier for you to adapt should you one day lose your own powers.

The closest thing I've been able to find is 'Relax a Little' from Generic Parenting Jump. It allows you to always be able to empathize with others, but it seems inadequate in that it only works on those you're on friendly-to-neutral terms with. This makes it seem more... false than I'd prefer, and not as useful for my purposes. The thing is, I *want* to be able to empathize with my enemies -- or those I'm on less-than-neutral terms with -- because sometimes they have a point.
>>
>>48609893
Alright, then. Well, I'd suggest starting in SEED. Mostly because that's the only one that doesn't have an import option, so you'll get the best mecha that way. Now, SEED is full of douchebags with weapons of mass destruction, so it's a bit of a risk, but if you're strong enough there's a lot of benefit to killing everyone there. A lot of very good technologies to steal, too. They do more with just fission power plants than most Gundam settings do with fusion, so excellent power systems. As well as crazy optics technology, pretty strong energy barriers, antimatter weapons, electrorheological reinforced smart materials...all sorts of stuff. For the machine you buy yourself, I suggest going for the most expensive option and getting the Akatsuki Gundam. It's ridiculously strong.

From there, I'd go to 00. Again, lots of assholes, but really nice tech and you can import your Gundam for some cool toys. GN Drives give enormous amounts of power, gravity manipulation, beam weapons, and in high enough quantities telepathy and FTL teleportation. I also recommend buying ELS Formed for your Gundam, it's a really cool upgrade. Lets you assimilate other tech into your machine, so have it eat all the stuff you stole in SEED at this point.

From there, it's more or less take your pick. It's all good stuff. Just make sure to buy the UG Cells in G Gundam and the Psychoframe in UC Gundam. Those are very cool upgrades.
>>
>>48609951
It has a mouth?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48609937
On it!
Rolling for Location!
>>
>>48608468

THIS TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES BITCHES
>>
>>48610009
>pepsiman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpJ4tS_vM8

yes, and apparently it shoots out cans of Pepsi Judging by the the that we see him without a mouth then the people holding Pepsi and his mouth open.
>>
>>48609775
>Spoiler
Thanks, Red.

>No Nerf jump
Truly a great loss. I weep for what could have been.
>>
>>48609821
Not unless you want to corrupt souls. Do not trust a succubus when she says she has cooked something for you. Both the ingredients and the methods will be questionable.
>>
>>48609921
Negima.
>>
>>48610089
SUBARASHII!
>>
>>48610100
But a succubi get a free cooking perk in Rosario.
>>
File: cdgaf.jpg (90KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
cdgaf.jpg
90KB, 550x450px
>>48608468
>>
File: 1402211922305.jpg (368KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1402211922305.jpg
368KB, 840x700px
>>48610195
DO NOT TRUST.
>>
>>48610276
You chose this fate.
>>
>>48610195
Well, hey, at least it's not a vampire cooking perk from there.
>>
>>48610297
I actually didn't anon. I'm just warning you. Pictured is the sort of thing that will happen to you if you accept food from succubi.
>>
>>48610393
Eh. See >>48610318
It could be a loooot worse.
>>
Is there a list of jumps that give non magical supernatural powers?
>>
>>48610393
I'd eat it.
>>
>>48610588
Bad anon, no. That's unsanitary, not to mention they have been baked to a golden brown in the corrupting fires of hell.
>>
>>48610588
The problem is that she fed it to someone who didn't know what was in it.

In the immortal words of Sonic the Hedgehog, "that's no good."
>>
>>48610393
I find it hilarious that, in spite of taking place in a world where lewd is outlawed, this setting would probably be too lewd for a jump.
>>
>>48608755
>and merging the together into a singular being is perfectly appropriate.
Have you met my Waifu, the Turducken? Sure I made a mockery that the idea that the component waifu's were unique individuals, but I freed up Two Whole Companion Spots!

Any else want to be my new companion so I can use you as a material component in Waifu synthesis?
>>
>>48610625
>>48610639
And yet, I'd eat it.
>>
>>48610684
Well, that's why she's not feeding them to you.
You gotta lure the yandere in, anon.
>>
File: SteveIrwinGoesToFR.png (182KB, 740x2187px) Image search: [Google]
SteveIrwinGoesToFR.png
182KB, 740x2187px
>>48610705
Right, I can do this.
>>
>>48610676
>implying

You can't merge things together that weren't separate in the first place. The idea that you could merge beings together that aren't unique is retarded, in that case they'd already just be a single person. Merging things together means that separate beings become a single lifeform in totality. You can't merge things together that weren't independent from each other in the first place. Also, what are you, stupid? Merging things isn't an insult to the idea that the components were individual in the first place, it's the formation of a gestalt whole between separate beings as a singular one.

What, is the existence of you a mockery to the autonomy of your individual cells?
>>
>>48607192
Trust me on this, I'm just the guy with the books and loads of spare time. Trying to actually write the jump itself would've been a disaster. See Ravnica for what happens when I try to do big jumps. Meanwhile Gaim, my attempt to do a small jump, is rapidly growing to a large one anyway. Though that I have a lot more people to bounce ideas with. 3-4 origins, 2 1-2-4-6 perklines, 2 item lines of same values. I tried to stick to 1 line of perks but it just wouldn't fit, and was doing 2 lines of items for Lockseeds/Drivers as opposed to other items.
>>
>>48610571
-Star Wars
>"Many people confuse The Force with magic."

>"It's not magic, it's bending!"

-Psychonauts
>Psionics

-F.E.A.R
>Psioics

-Worm
>Clarktech

-FMA (Maybe)
>Totally not magic, scientifically analyzed Alchemy

-RWBY (Maybe)
>Soul power.

-Bioshock/Bioshock Infinite
>Plasmids, Vigors and quantum mechanics.

-Generator Rex
>Nanites

-Assassin's Creed
>Alien genes.

-Bloodborne (Maybe)
>Alien Blood

-Underworld
>Viruses

-Prototype
>Viruses.

-Resident Evil
>One guess. Viruses.
>>
File: 1303535848717.jpg (43KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
1303535848717.jpg
43KB, 600x544px
>>48610806
>Gaim
>mfw the Fruit-based Kamen Rider series
>>
>>48610822
You forgot
Git,s und Panzer
>It's carbon coated!
>>
>>48610768
>Steve Irwin not only casually defeats a dragoness, not only does so while talking about her and her kind for his show, but also accidentally seduces her
The stingray got a lucky shot. Nothing else could stop this absolute mad man.
>>
>>48610859
That stingray must have had a higher CR than most gods.
>>
>>48609068
>from one of the early threads
the reborn pdf was before my time I guess,
I do not see it on the drive.
Repost please?
>>
>>48610781
>a mockery to the autonomy of your individual cells?
Well, kind of. See the little buggers try to do a runner from in there!
>>
>>48610874
Nah, was probably just something like That Damned Crab.
>>
>>48610781
If the cells were capable of independent thought, I'd imagine they would consider it so.
>>
>>48610874
>>48610859
>Implying Steve Irwin didn't let the Stingray get him so he could pass on and teach people about animals in his next existence
>Implying Steven Irwin wasn't a jumper who just wanted to go out dying to what he loved, nature
>>
>>48610904
It's already in unimaged.

Or is this bait for another round of anti-Red shitposting via clamoring for the imaged Reborn jump.
>>
File: 2007-06-18-59665.png (64KB, 913x835px) Image search: [Google]
2007-06-18-59665.png
64KB, 913x835px
Generation Kill
> Age: 33 [Rolled17] (4/6/7)
> Gender: Female?
> Location: Godfather
> Origin: Embedded Civilian
> Boot Camp [Get a Freebie!]
> Whiskey Tango Foxtrot [Get a Freebie!]
> Busy Doing Nothing [-100CP]
> Wrote For Hustler [Get a Freebie!]
> Translator [-100CP]
> Winning Hearts & Minds [-200CP]
> Heart of the Matter [-300CP]
> Pack-Rat [-200CP]
> Creative Requisitioning [-400CP]
> Unfucked Comms [-100CP]
> PPE [Get a Freebie!]
> Camera & Notebook [Get a Freebie!]
> Pizza Hut Convoy [-200CP]
> Lucky Charms [Get a Freebie!]
> Glory Hounds [+300CP]
> Intel Was Right [+300CP]
> Camcorder Montage Tape [Get a Freebie!]

> Jump Count: "Enough."

Oh boy! An entire jump all about war and fighting. Just what I always... ... wanted.
christ

Anyway, you might as well make it fucking interesting for me. Let's ramp up the danger level a couple hundred notches and make the commanders all selfish dickholes. Then maybe when I flood the battlefield with goats and robots maybe you'll all just be grateful for the distraction.
Meanwhile, I'll be the one person not actually tied to this establishment, so if I feel like fucking off for awhile I can.

At the very least, I suppose I can keep everyone supplied. I know how to get things! Don't ask how I get things.
Also, if you go to capture a position and find the enemy mysteriously wiped out, don't ask about that either.
In fact, don't ask about anything I do.
I'm very busy.
Doing nothing.
In between the occasional pizza party.
>>
File: blank9.jpg (48KB, 383x420px) Image search: [Google]
blank9.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
>>48606748
My coffee machine.

>>48606750
If you enter L-Space in 40K while carrying a copy of Codex: Space Marines 5th Edition and chant TTAM DRAW three times while walking counterclockwise, you will without fail find your way to the Black Library

>>48607352
Just as a hypothetical-how does this system handle being able to manipulate causality and probability to the point where you can assert you rolled basically all of the dice, retroactively, and your opponent botches an arbitrary number of rolls while you gain an equal number of automatic successes?

>>48606884
I...don't have one?

>>48607192
>My 6 year old niece

Princesses OP nerf when?

>>48608468
How could this happen to me? I made my mistakes. Got nowhere to run. The night goes on/As I'm fading awaaaaaay. I'm sick of this life. I just wanna screaaaaaam

How could this. Happen to. MEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48610806
>See Ravnica for what happens when I try to do big jumps
Can we? I'd like to.
>>
Uh, guys-someone seems to have posted a Circle of Magic jump by SJ on the new jumps folder. I don't remember getting a look at that in thread, was that ever posted here?
>>
File: 1443438767721.jpg (183KB, 690x935px) Image search: [Google]
1443438767721.jpg
183KB, 690x935px
So, on the subject of Super Robot Wars. The Companion Upgrade VARIABLE FORMATION grants a combinng Mecha Option and grants 30 RP to each person included to make a Mech.

My problem is I have 50 RP as default and I can't tell if I'm getting another 30 RP in addtion to that.

I'm okay with taking the 10 RP additional that you'd usually get with Elemental Pride instead, it still leaves me with 60 RP I just wanted to know if the additional 30 applied to the Jumpers RP as well. Can't seem to find a ruling on this
>>
What am I supposed to use correspondence for? How do I turn these souls into judgments?
>>
File: 1452330550168.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1452330550168.png
30KB, 747x491px
>reading through third thread
>see "Marvel and DC are both to OP for a Jump Chain CYOA and wouldn't work"

If only he knew how things would end up, man.
>>
>>48611152
It was, but for editing, I don't think it was finished yet.
>>
>>48611152
Yeah, like two days ago.
>>
>>48611152
No, it wasn't. She included a bunch of sketchy shit in it and got bitched at by the thread for it. Surprise, surprise, she didn't post it in here or talk about it before uploading it.
>>
>>48611165
Remember when a Slayers jump was first talked about, and people actually freaked out about Jumpers getting the Dragon Slave?
>>
>>48611165
They were kind of right, the only difference is they should have also said it was to inconsistent.
>>
>>48611188
>baiting this hard
>>
>>48611152
Yes it was posted here for feedback, but it wasn't finished yet if I remember correctly.
>>
>>48611219
>biting this hard
>>
>>48611165
>Let's do some number crunching.

>Say in the ten years you've spent in the pokemon verse, you have accumulated enough money to build 4 daycare centers in your warehouse and have bred 8 perfect IV adamant natured magikarp;4 males and 4 females, and you have placed them all in your daycare centers.

>Assuming you also have required the oval Charm, this means every 256 steps you will have roughly 80% chance of getting an egg from each daycare center.

>Assuming a Gaussian distribution of probabilities, there is a 68% chance of getting 3 eggs within one standard deviation.

>It is estimated that it takes a average person 500 steps to walk a quarter of a mile and the average walking speed is 3.5 mph.

>So walking 256 steps equates to walking about 0.128 miles and it about 2 and 12 seconds.

>A magikarp egg requires 6 egg cycles or 1530 steps or 12 minutes and 14 seconds to hatch.

>So if all of this is properly micromanaged, you can release 3 magikarps within the first 12 minutes and 14 seconds of any jumpchain setting, after that you'll be releasing 3 magikarps every 2 minute and 12 second intervals, assuming you keep holding eggs and releasing magikarp into the wild.

>Doing this 10 hours a day continuously means you're releasing 267 magikarp into the wild. If you do this for ten years, that is roughly 974550 magikarp from your breeding program alone, not counting magikarp breeding in the wild, which means the the actual number is exponentially higher then this.

Is this the first instance of jumpers ruining everything?
>>
>>48611165
Was always a bit silly given you could basically make a Batman build in Pokemon and within the first few jumps you could be a jedi/Harry Potter wizard.

It got out of hand almost instantly and you still had people weeks later saying it was getting out of hand.
>>
>>48611219
Right, cause SJ doesn't have a history of including weirdly overpowered shit in her jumps. Oh, wait, what's >>48594643?
>>
File: 1266083871903.gif (78KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1266083871903.gif
78KB, 512x384px
>>48611188
She actually did post it in thread. But it seemed like at the time folks only wanted to know how much magic they could pump out, and the issues with thread magic being able to unravel concepts (and being given out for free) was "Well you have to buy two perks to get to that level"

Which to be fair that's 800CP you have to dump in at minimum, but I don't think it got anywhere after that. I mean, I certainly dropped the topic.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 6.png (467KB, 811x1221px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 6.png
467KB, 811x1221px
>>48611158
Guys I'd like to know if there's a ruling for this.
Please. >>48611289 hey Red can you help a guy out.
>>
>>48611115
Currently focusing on doing a few other things to get some practice and momentum going for Jumpmaking. Will return to Ravnica after that, and honestly might just relinquish what I have if somebody else expresses interest in the meantime. Partially just having trouble getting words onto paper and obsessing over the origins that really have issues with appeal. Dimir, Rakados, Gruul are the key offenders for being respectively Mindjacked spies, Crazy hedonistic bastards who tend to die by the bucketload, and savages whose main part in the book that cared about them was dying horrifically from a plague. Dimir at least have spy games and intrigue going for them. Gruul and Rakados not so much. Gruul don't even have the cool industrialized magic everyone else makes use of.
>>
>>48611165
What if you could turn back the clock? Go back to the beginning, and warn yourself about one thing, tell yourself ONE thing about the future?

Me, I'd tell myself not to make a Jump of an unfinished series.
>>
Where can I get a good dragon companion to import into Dragonlance?
>>
>>48611289
>gif
>doesn't move
>>
>>48611289
It's not anywhere near 'sketchy shit' level. That's just '800 to be on par with the MC when the MC is relatively strong for the setting' level.
>>
>>48611297
Why ask Red to make a ruling on a jump that isn't hers? That's just asking for shit.
>>
>>48609656
>Overlord (LN/M/A) Jump 001:
1. Brellin has really tried to make this combo unplayable, because you do not know you need to stay in the dungeon or die.
2. It is easier to just say Powerless + Rival Guild is +800, since powerless should be a 600+ CP drawback anyway.
3. Personal Inventory is free at basic level for players.
4. Themed Ascthetics is free at upper level,
5. You discounted Alchemical and Enhanced Healing ability?
6. You do NOT need Friends with the Devil with 42nd Supreme being (they will love you more than that by default), another specialization or discounted Talent is a lot better.
7. Take Ring of Elru for 200 CP, and take Legendary/Divine items from the Vault. As the only other full member, you can.
If you have Item duplication abilities or Item boosting abilities, make copies/better copies of divine armor.
(Use ANY Magic Item is also 200 CP vs Legendary Armor, and lets you use everything if there is any doubt)
8. Custom NPC only gets basic Inventory Free. (Tons versus tens of tons)
NPC is also player and can take 2 discounted Talents. Take 2 already discounted for free.
Heretomorphic Race is FREE for Custom NPC.
Yes, Custom NPC is the shit. Enjoy your new Waifu
>>
>>48611298
Well then give Gruul the summoning magic? The Gruul planeswalker specializes in it.
>>
File: 1433027661521.jpg (137KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433027661521.jpg
137KB, 600x600px
>>48611328
I'm asking the thread and can only call out people with names. If you wanna help here.

>VARIABLE FORMATION (200, requires at least 1 purchase of JSX, Purchasable multiple times)- Select either: Up to 2 JSX members and yourself, or up to 3 JSX members. Instead of whatever mech they get, they get 30 RCP to spend (an additional 10 RCP for those under Elemental Pride if they were affected by it). Now each robot affected is given the ability to combine with one another, gaining a general power boost to weapons and systems, and the ability to incorporate them in aesthetic ways (Example: a beam cannon with multiple barrels becomes the fingers for a combined robot, that still shoot lasers).

This is the thing. I get 50 RP off the top. Do I get 80 RP or should I treat myself as having Elemental Pride and get 60 RP?
>>
File: 3.gif (20KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
20KB, 301x301px
>>48611320
>>48611320
>>
>>48611386
Who made SRW? Why not ask for that person by name and see if they're around?
>>
>>48611306
Eragon if you don't mind the source.
>>
>>48611306
Why not just grab a dragon from in jump?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 7.jpg (9KB, 130x190px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 7.jpg
9KB, 130x190px
>>48611332
1. With my build I'm kind-of best left in the background building up stuff.
2. I'll play by it's rules.
3. Neat.
4. Cool.
5. Magic Caster & Angel
6. It is so I can leverage my friendship in un-eviling the Tomb.
7. How do you get a World Item for 200? Also Use Any Magical Item get?
8. Okay.

>>48611408
It is sadly unsigned. That's why I'm trying the thread.
>>
>>48611426
This may seem a bit odd but after looking at the different kinds of dragons I like the weeaboo silver dragons the best and well. . . they don't breath fire. Due to reasons that I fully admit are stupid and childish I need a different setting's dragon to import that does breath fire. Because real dragons breath fire.
>>
File: blank15.jpg (12KB, 292x165px) Image search: [Google]
blank15.jpg
12KB, 292x165px
[Generic videogame developer]

Drawback: Doing it for the art (1300)

Programmer, age 22, Indie

2030 (1200)

It's My Game! (Free)
One Hit Wonder (1000)
Triple A Title (600)
Code Monkey (Free)
Hit a Key, Any Key (500)
Start Your Engines (300)
Lost Art (0)

Webway schematics? Check.
Songstone? Check.
Quantum computing? Check.
App Master/Reality Hacker? Check.
Anima device schematics? Check.
Incubator tech schematics? Check.
Net Sphere reconstruction template and gravity furnaces? CHeck.

The Unreal Engine's a sexy piece of shit to boot, and I sure hope it's gone even further after almost two more decades. Because I'ma take VR to the next level in the form of videogames that actually digitise you and send you to a whacky psychic world for the duration of the game.

Time will grind to a halt as your phone swallows you up and spits you out to a whacky psychic world, where you can telekinetically move around giant gems to play the world's hugest game of not-Bejeweled ever. Or the most apocalyptic Plants vs Zombies expy. Also, totally making those Unreal Engine demos into full games. Who doesn't want to be a lost, roboticised prisoner in a cruel world? Or a blacksmith who can manipulate iron with his mind?

And then once you're done levelgrinding, time resumes and your own phone spits you back out to go back to the real world and do real world things.

In short it'll be EXACTLY the digital paradise that the 1970s predicted, but with infinitely better graphics.

And absolutely no pay to win. Because if people are gonna gouge each other's eyes out in an MMORPG, they can damn well do it for free.
>>
File: b3070011.png (231KB, 471x492px) Image search: [Google]
b3070011.png
231KB, 471x492px
>>48611158
>>48611386

Geez I got this

Variable Formation and Elemental Pride only give RCP to companions, the jumper gets no RCP out of it.

Just so I can kick my ass up and into gear, here's an example of the start of the "Midseason Upgrade Table"

Battle Dodgeball (5 MSP)- This rubber dodgeball, that scales to the hands of its holder (giant robot or otherwise), is surprisingly invincible to damage and permanent modification. Not only that, it can oddly enough absorb a lot of punishment that will then be dealt towards the unlucky bastard that gets hit by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMxgqp0s9M
>>
>>48611507
Pretty sure there's a spell or feat somewhere in DnD that will let you change the damage type of a dragon's breath weapon.
>>
>>48611507
You know what, I can't fault you for that. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
>>
>>48611258
>weirdly overpowered shit
Yes, because "guy who is a strong as the strongest mortal" is totally going to break the setting.

Admit it, this is you being a whiny little shit. Maybe put on a trip and make your own goddamned jump instead of crying like a little baby?
>>
File: 1468456557953.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1468456557953.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>48611602
>>
>>48611542
I can live with this thanks.
>>
Transistor jump update:

Do you want the jump to begin in past and end just short of plot of game starting unless you take drawback, to avoid having to face the Process, or would you rather have the time during plot of game and possibly beyond be included by default in that 10 year period?
>>
>>48611542
Oh and that time in one of the short story mangas battle dodgeball got referenced. I should probably grab the full thing from the archive assuming its still up
>>
>implying SJ-Chan's justification for Valjean's strength-scale / strength-upgrade being inter-jump balance isn't toxic as fuck

Ever since they started going to Spacebattles, their design decisions have been sketchy.
>>
File: hugWoysQT0.gif (461KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
hugWoysQT0.gif
461KB, 500x270px
>>48611602
>whiny little shit
>crying like a little baby
Hey, buddy, we missed you in this thread. How'd your day go?
>>
>>48611636
Why not both?
>>
File: both.gif (529KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
529KB, 500x333px
>>48611636
>>
>>48606748
My Headphones from Persona. I need those tasty jams.
>>
>>48611636
Having both options would be good.
>>
>>48611602
I do agree that they hold grudges too hard, though.
>>
>>48611677
Anon, one has you go through events of game only if you take drawback, or rather, you have to be there when it happens.

Another is it happening by default, no option to not choose it unless you stop it in setting.

I mean I guess I could make it just as a drawback that makes you plotbound so no matter what happens or your actions, the events come to pass.
>>
>>48611636
Make one the default, have a +0 Complication that gives you the other.
>>
>>48611636
Seconding >>48611677 although my personal preference is for it to by default start pre-plot and have a +0CP drawback to start during the plot.

>>48611602
>what is Heracles

Reminder SJ was wanking Valjean to be as strong as the MYTHOLOGICAL Heracles, the one who could lift the sky/the cosmos.

>>48611652
To be fair that's technically been true from the start when they tried pushing that companion supplement in The Fountain.
>>
>>48609990
Holy shit, what's with the recent influx of power-wankers? To answer your question, no nothing like it exists, as is befitting a scenario reward.
>>
>>48611695
Look here >>48611730
>>
Why the fuck would anyone ever go to Changeling?
>>
>>48611740
>>48611739
>>48611717
>>48611695
>>48611677

Thank you for your support. We at Cloudbank value your opinion
>>
>>48611753
Masochism.
>>
>>48611753
Masochism.
>>
Could a sufficiently skilled/strong Prototype match the abilities of a Parasite from Parasyte the Maxim?
>>
>>48611746
>Implying people like you who group everyone into false categories so you can better invoke insults and fights aren't the problematic influx.
>>
>>48607025
Jump # 5 Fallout (tentative build)

Starting location: Capital Wasteland
Sex: Female
Background: Vault Dweller (100)

Tagged Skills
*Science
*Speech
*Medicine

Perks:
*Educated (free)
*Cult of Personality (300)
*Certified Tech (300, Discount)
*Pathfinder (100)
*Fortune Finder (100)
*Ninja (300)

Equipment
*Pipboy 3000 (Free+100)
*Food Purifier (Free)
*Physical Enhancement – Intelligence (100)
*Physical Enhancement – Charisma (100)

Drawbacks:
*Fast metabolism (+100)
*Hated (+200)
*Bloody Mess (+ 100)

So the Enclave hates me and I am dropped in to the nonsensical plot of Fallout 3. This is actually a tough jump for me because I try not to kill people. I took Ninja and pathfinder to try and avoid them and I have charisma to try and solve problems.

I am going to try and use my skills to start building settlements, bringing some songs to the wasteland that are from times after the 50’s and maybe treating a few people along the way. I intend to help the lone wanderer if they aren’t a dick before I head out to New Vegas to go call around with the courier and possibly Joshua Graham.

Before I leave the wasteland I am looting the hell out of Mothership Zeta and any other tech I can find really.
>>
>>48611492
>7. How do you get a World Item for 200? Also Use Any Magical Item get?
You get 200CP credit towards gear, and ONE item half off. It looks like you spent the 200 CP in Legendary Gear, when as 42nd supreme being you have access to the vault. It has the divine gear of other supreme beings when they left the guild, and 10 world items. So assume you could get a Legendary Set out of it at least.

If you take Medium Gear for free for the time it takes you to walk to the vault and get better stuff, you can drop the Ring to 200 CP.
Hell, YOU are one of the 42 Supreme Beings, and the 42 put their gear in the Vault, so you are probably wearing crappy armor because you already placed your gear there when you left, and you left before, but you signed back in for the "The game is shutting down" reunion,

Are you going to try and leave 100 CP unspent to buy Realm of Heroes with scenario money? Or something else?
>>
>>48611753
-It's got a really neat setting and concepts that could be fun to explore

-It can offer a challenge for stronger more experienced Jumpers

-Pledgecrafting and Talecrafting can be fun to experiment and work with

-One might decide that their Benefactor chooses the path they travel

-Masochism
>>
File: Blank20.png (735KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Blank20.png
735KB, 1024x640px
>>48611753
To join the world championship Calvinball leagues.

Because that's essentially what meaningful conflict with the True Fae boils down to.
>>
>>48611802
But would the items of other players for your build?

And how would buying realm of heroes later affect level 100 hundred? In the reverse order it doesn't do anything special
>>
>>48611753
Talecrafting is absurd reality warping BS. Seriously, that stuff is mostly balanced by easy addictions and nasty mental side effects if you're not careful.
>>
>>48611753
What are you talking about? My Durance was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I feel wonderful now.
>>
>>48611507
>Because real dragons breath fire.
So give your dragon the ability to breath fire. Populous has Fire Warriors? where you can give your minions the ability to throw fireballs. Do it from the mouth=spitting fireballs. Every round to, not just 1d4 rounds.
>>
>>48611802
I don't know if this is another thing people are ignoring but he said you can't save CP to spend alongside the Scenario CP.
>>
File: image.png (118KB, 252x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118KB, 252x292px
>>48611850
>Your face When your knock off combo dragon is better than actual one in a setting.
>>
>>48611805
Like, I'm only asking because I'm thinking off trying to make a WoD focused chain, and I looked at changeling and all I saw was sheer awfulness and nothing particularly useful.
>>
>>48611753
Perks that stop depression and PTSD make the whole thing very silly.

That and I was a troll giving me the ability of using my physical strength to buff my ability to manipulate people in conversation. Pretty great if you factor in all the strength buffs.
>>
File: 46711ee268f58198904381483a693ee1.png (536KB, 1061x1209px) Image search: [Google]
46711ee268f58198904381483a693ee1.png
536KB, 1061x1209px
>>48611748
I shall reword my response then. I believe you should be allowed the choice of when your ten years takes place.

Option A: Ten years and a week before the events of the game. This allows you to not have to deal with the Process.
Option B: Five years before the events of the game, so Jumpers can have a little of both.
Option C: Start right when the game starts, then go for ten years afterward.

If you're uncomfortable with that, use >>48611739.
>>
>>48611850
You could give the dragon fire bending with one of those scrolls from the last air bender.
>>
>>48611908
It's got some decent stuff powerwise, it's just that most of the Changeling stuff is about subtlety. I would recommend doing it a bit later, and using it to round off and flaws in the Build. After all, it sounds like you are doing a sidechain, so why not experiment and try doing things you wouldn't normally do?
>>
>>48611753
Pledges. The ability to hold people to their (exact) words, even (especially) if they did not really mean what they said is an amazing way to make someone totally freak out. Do it do lawyers for the lols when they try to rules lawyer you and find out that, no, that little known case law does NOT have judicial authority over the Wyrd.

And they can make pledges with aspects of nature even. And make hedgespun magic items, and use the Hedge as a base, and invade dreams,

They have a really good basic kit you can even improve through training (as the boosting merits show)
>>
>>48611908
We unfortunately don't have enough jumps in WoD for that kind of thing. I'd be more workable if we had a Werewolf jump, Apocalypse and or Forsaken. An Ascension mages jump is also being made, don't know about the quality though.
>>
>>48611507
Become a dragonfire adept(class that is kinda like a variant warlock that has a breath weapon instead of eldritch blast) Breath fire all day erry day
>>
>>48611886
Who here saved Rei?

Who here companioned Rei?
>>
>>48611939
Ah, I meant that the drawback would extend your stay by events of plot. As in, on top of these 10 years.

How about by default you disappear before events of plot, a +0 drawback extends your time by events of plot, and another has you start jump there.

I could go with your idea, though. It also seems good. It's odd that people would want to experience apocalypse for no additional CP.
>>
>>48612053
>An Ascension mages jump is also being made, don't know about the quality though.
It's from Space Battles. There's one drawback that takes away all your powers for +1 CP and another drawback that uses up one of your 1-Up powers for +10 CP. There are mandatory perk purchases based on your real world religion. There is no way in hell it is getting on the drive unless the author is willing to totally rewrite it after they post it here.
>>
>>48612066
I wanted to save her, but due to landing in the 2006 location/time period so as to have maximum time to set up an alternative giant mecha program to the Evangelions, I kind of butterflied her out of existence. I derailed the plot too much, NERV lost so much funding that Gendo was unable to conceal the amount he was diverting towards the cloning project.
>>
>>48612066
I companioned GNR, by taking the Lilith and Adam soul parts out of Rei and Kaworu respectively so that they can live their lives. Then I stole Lilith and Adam body and mixed them all together on another planet, hanging with the soul combo stuffed in rei clone body before that.

Does that count
>>
>>48612106
What the hell? Is is supposed to be a joke jump? Can we just officially say that it's unclaimed for anyone who wants make a real one then?
>>
>>48612139
That's the standard operating procedure when dealing with Spacebattles jumps.
>>
>>48612139
>Is is supposed to be a joke jump?
Well, SB is a joke so. . .
>>
File: 1468077198976.jpg (835KB, 986x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468077198976.jpg
835KB, 986x1000px
>>48608468
(you) because i have nothing else to say. I love /jc/ and it's affected my life majorly. yay.
>>
>>48612066
I saved Rei, but I didn't companion her.
Due to some manipulation of both the process of creating her body and her upbringing, by the time I left she was ruling as God Queen of the Earth. Shinji, as it turns out, makes a really good enforcer when given proper training and encouragement. Best pilot of the group with the strongest Evangelion, and with the trust/bond between them, I had a pair of very reliable minions-I mean students!
>>
>>48612053
Prove it. Post it here so we can parade it through the thread as the disgrace it is.
>>
>>48611822
>But would the items of other players for your build?
Which is why I recommended using that extra 200 CP to buy the talent that lets you use ANY magic item.

>And how would buying realm of heroes later affect level 100 hundred? In the reverse order it doesn't do anything special
Because you got it by spending CP, so it works by fiat. just like if you spend the CP on an new base class, your build would be respeced and rebuilt to be better than it was.

>>48611863
>I don't know if this is another thing people are ignoring but he said you can't save CP to spend alongside the Scenario CP.
Don't remember seeing that, and at this point I do not really care. Brellin does not really make larger jumpchain rules. I already had to decide how that stuff worked in my chain several jumps ago with conditional purchases like companions that do not automatically join you. CP from a jump can only be spent in that jump, but you can save it to spend later in that jump. Jump-chan IS watching you, after all. So if you saved CP for a companion and none you want want to come along, you can spend it on something else before you go.
>>
File: 7a4cbb315eaad59cb90d4ed0d3b12079.png (893KB, 757x1253px) Image search: [Google]
7a4cbb315eaad59cb90d4ed0d3b12079.png
893KB, 757x1253px
>>48612103
I'm glad I could help you out. As to your last statement, there's a lot of reasons Jumpers want the chance to dive into the story of the game.

I really need to replay the game and actually finish it this time.
>>
>>48612183
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lCPII0fV1U4a-XBfcSq5Snkz-MvoWuh26zimpaQvcZE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48612231
This isn't a jump.
>>
>>48612198
Yes, but divine tier is meant to boost specific abilities, with whole set just boosting everything just right. It's like MMO gear. Or Diablo Gear. Paladin items won't fit barbarian well.

There were 42 members, and 900 classes and more races. I think the chance that there is an item that fits your build perfectly is just too low
>>
>>48611964
Now you are thinking with fire! But personally, try something like earthbending so the Knights are unprepared.
So they come loaded with gear that makes them immune to fire, and then get smashed between two boulders instead.
>>
>>48609068
>CYOA thread: JumpChain Only
>>
>>48612204
...you didn't?

Oh boy. You are in for a surprise
>>
>>48612257
"Mage the Ascension JumpChain - Google Docs"
>>
>>48612291
>>48612257

It's a jump in the same way that Sonic '06 can be considered a game
>>
>>48612231
Why does drop in get Arete 10 for free and more points than any other background? Why is there this stupid proprietary points system?
>>
How hard is to cut Comic-Level Adamantium?

Obiously you cant with a normal knife nor tools.

But what about portal cutting? Magic spells that are supposed to cut stuff that is not magically reinforced? Magic swords? Enchanted tools? Alchemy? Kinesis from the marvel jump set specifically to Adamantium?

And how hard is it to melt?

Movies said it couldnt be melted if hardened once but is there any way to put it to forge?

Also, it too wank-y to grab shapeshifthing+Adamantium(body)+Regeneration[Fast] to become an adamantium factory?
>>
>>48612321
ITS A SPACEBATTLES EPISODE
>>
>>48612288
That's what I've been hearing. Thankfully no one has spoiled the end for me yet.

Well, off to bed. Good night all. Hopefully I'll see you in thread 1000, but I have a feeling it'll drop while I'm at work.
>>
So I had a dumb idea for a jump over Vacation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsfSvlhtWjg
>>
>>48612231
Didn't he abandon it/put it up for adoption recently?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg (18KB, 105x105px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg
18KB, 105x105px
Super Robot Wars Jump 002:
Drawbacks:
Wow [+100]
Just... Stop [+200]
Ghost of Olympus [+300]
Origin: Scientist [-200]

Perks:
Super Soundtrack Wars [Free]
Exaggerated Reality [Free]
Prana Boost [-100]
PT Theory 101 [Free]
Magic Channeling [-200]
Programming Genius [-100]
Alchemist [-400]
Alpha Documents [-300]

Team JSX (Jump Squadron eXtreme) [-100]
Halloween Plan [-100]
Homunculus Maid (Test Pilot) [Free]
Falling into the Cockpit [Free]
Full Drive! [Free]
Pschodriver [Free]

(___) (Veteran Pilot)
Born to Fight [Free]
Battle Efficentcy Saver [Free]
Can't Stop, Just a Soldier [Free]

VARIABLE FORMATION [-200]

Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi (Gaunlet) [50 RP]
Size: Medium
Engine: Elemental Engine (Wind) + B-Rank Spirits + Zero Existance [-35 RP]
Additional Systems:
Themeing [Free]
Weapons:
Vulcan [Free]
Jet Magnum [-5 RP]
Hi-Familar (Pair of Wolves) [-10 RP]

Yata no Kagami (___) [30]
Engine: Nuclear Fusion Engine [Free]
Additional Systems:
Themeing [Free]
Weapons:
Vulcan [Free]
Sonic Breaker [-10 RP]
Raining Death [-5 RP]

Yasakani no Magatama (Silica) [30]
Engine: Nuclear Fusion Engine [Free]
Additional Systems:
Themeing [Free]
Anti-Beam Barrier System [-5 RP]
Gavicon System + Gravicon Type V (Discounted Type V) [-20 RP]
Weapon:
Vulcan [Free]
Split Missles [-5 RP]

Okay so our entire set up was to be a big fusing PT with super awesome weapons and the whole shtick, however during the time we were just getting our weapons on an extra-dimensional asshole decided he would need the tech found in the Imperial Regalia for himself as well as stealing us as we were undergoing what amounts to sync tests. Six Vulcans, one Split Missiles, Raining Death, Sonic Breaker, Jet Magnum, and two Hi-Familars is the load out for Imperial Regalia when it's combined.
Problems include; crossing dimensional barriers has scrambled my brain and bullshit mass production tech here.
How do you think I'll do?
>>
>>48612335
Adamantium is absolute, any time Adamantium gets broken it's revealed to have been impure.
>>
>>48612263
>Yes, but divine tier is meant to boost specific abilities
The built we are talking about did not have Divine Gear in it, only Legendary. And each tier is better then the ones before. A divine gear you can wear is a lot better than a legendary intended for your build (at least along broad classes)

And classes have the same base stats. If you are a mage class, a mage item will almost certainly help you a lot even if you do not have one of the class features one if its boosts enhances, because a lot of those boosts are to things like casting speed, mp regen, etc which WILL apply if you are a mage.
>>
>>48612348
>Dumb
>>
>>48612411
So, what you're saying is, we need retcon powers to retcon Adamantium we want to cut into having been impure all along?
>>
>>48612429
Yes.
>>
File: 195Quagsire.png (947KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
195Quagsire.png
947KB, 1280x1280px
So how much has your Mystery Dungeon build contributed to the rest of your Chain?

Pic related, it's me.
>>
>>48612335
Do you mean regular Adamantium (the stuff Wolvie has on his bones) or the proto stuff Cap's shield is made of (which is what everyone thinks when they talk about Adamantium being indestructible)?

The first is pretty strong, and has tanked a lot of shit, but regular manipulation and actually intelligent usage of magic could probably warp it. The relevant types of kinesis will work for obvious reasons, seeing as Magneto turned Wolverine into a fucking puddle once by messing with the metal on his bones.

I'm too biased towards comics to opine on whether pure cutting done through exotic means could do it, but if you've got some sort of conceptual "this spell cuts stuff perfectly" thing going you can probably do it.

You just barely need your second hand to count the times Cap's shield (basically the only "true" proto-Adamantium item in comics) has been broken, and every single time was done by ridiculous reality warpers/overdeities who reshape the entire universe when they get going.
>>
>>48612443
Rain Dance was very, very useful early on for boosting my water-based magic, let me tell you.
>>
>>48611024
>It's already in unimaged.
The pic in the old thread looked like it was an imaged pdf. What happened?
>>
File: 1443493206150.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443493206150.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
>>48612066
It's not that hard. A bit of basic philosophy and a few days conversing with the girl pretty much stops 3rd impact before it even happens. If Rei decides that there is value in individuality then 3rd impact doesn't happen, in EOE she couldn't decide herself and left that decision up to Shinji so it's clear she's not completely against the idea.

Didn't companion her though. With her connection to Lilith it feels like it would be a clusterfuck plus I don't remember a companion purchasable option in jump.
>>
File: AG068.png (230KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
AG068.png
230KB, 500x350px
>>48612443
I would be so happy if you wrote out your adventures as a Quagsire. Do you stay in pokemon form all the time and use either perks or terrible disguises to look normal?

Yes I know the pic is the wrong Pokemon, but there's more examples of it than Quagsire.
>>
>>48612353
I think that was us just saying that it would never be tolerated here and decided that it was definitively up for adoption for anyone who wanted it.
>>
>>48612335
True adamantium is immutable, only things that work against it are antarctic vibranium, which is known as anti metal, because it fucks up all metals, magic of which still takes absurd amounts of power in that the only characters than I know of who used magic to break adamantium are top tier, though more subtle use of magic has done things to adamantium before. Magneto can use his powers to fuck with adamantium so I would expect Kinesis could as well even if set to metals rather than adamantium in particular. For melting it, it sort of doesn't melt(it's not so much a metal alloy as a strange metalic resin, so even if you did melt it what you would get would not be liquid adamantium) and it tanks nukes with ease, it's more along the lines that eventually heat will damage the stuff than that it's effective.
>>
Does anyone even care enough to make a good mage jump?
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>48611299
I'd tell myself: You did it, you got All the Waifus. Oh, and you helped people, that's nice too

>>48611507
Weeaboo is for people who love Japan
Silvers are Humanaboo

>>48612443
Being a Machop/Machamp is what started my entire focus on a Melee build
>>
Last question about Transistor. Or rather, questions. Second one contains endgame spoilers

I am trying to determine whether Royce used transistor to rebuild the city according to votes and then discovered process, or if he at first did it regular way and only later the transistor arrived, with the process. It's sort of changing things so any opinion on this is good

The final battle has one thing unclear. Whether it would bring any person that is still alive in Cloudbank to fight for escape or dominance or only those who were near Cradle. If the former, jumpers are kind of fucked unless they fight their way out, dooming Red and Royce. If latter, it's still good.

Give me your opinion, as I am leaning towards latter of some jumper protection unless you take drawback
>>
>>48612492
No, pretty sure there was a post on SB about him dropping it. Don't care enough to check, though.
>>
>>48611299
You forgot your trip, Wakfu.
>>
>>48612472
I just figured someone like her who needs some kinda parental figure would lead to a decent number of adoptions, but it seems like this thread doesn't care for her much (maybe it's an Asuka zone?)
>>
>>48612448
Basically, i would just use FMAlchemy, then work out stuff in a forge or something. If Mags could actually shape metal with his powers, then i should be able to, the jump states that Kinesis becomes weaker the more common the thing is. I i set it to "Adamantium I made from my body" I should be able to.

I was just wondering how did it interacted with magic. I it counted as material that was affected by magic made specifically to work and shape stuff (Darksider's Maker tree or such).

And i thougth Cap's shield was Vibranium... Shock absorbent and all
>>
>>48612587
ALRIGHT WHICH ONE OF YOU IS THIS
>>
File: Saint_Katherine.jpg (304KB, 1129x899px) Image search: [Google]
Saint_Katherine.jpg
304KB, 1129x899px
>>48612443
>Has Sunny Day gone too far?

>>48612590
Nah, you're in Misato Territory brah
>>
>>48612423
No, I mean that each set of Divine Gear for each supreme being that there was probably required tons of raiding to have just the right percentage in right places to fit your build juuuuuust right.

As such it will fit your build as jumper less. If you go as fighter with some Mage caster class skills and take Mage caster divine gear from vault, it's weaker than if you bought it for CP as the CP one would boost both of them.

CP buy able one is meant to be just perfect for your combination of race, class skills and everything
>>
>>48612637
>tons of raiding
I'm pretty sure the Divine Tier gear was actually Crafted, like how Goat-man crafted an Item that was just short of World-class
>>
>>48612564
To be honest, that'd be great. There's a potentially salvageable jump out of that if you get rid of the shitty color scheme, rip out the points system and replace it with regular cp format, and do some actual price balancing with the drawbacks, backgrounds, and also perks, come up with actual real perks instead of this cookie cutter generic stuff, and basically rip out everything and replace it with something more appropriate.
>>
File: CwuCOTk.jpg (145KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
CwuCOTk.jpg
145KB, 800x760px
>>48612602
The ghost of you mistakes, come to haunt you.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg (56KB, 343x693px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg
56KB, 343x693px
Next Jump where, /JC?

>>48612690
Actually, wasn't crafting done with those Crystals which were dropped in Raids, right?
>>
>>48612714
Nichijou
>>
>>48612699
Oh boy, I can't wait to steal that with Data Drain.
>>
>>48612699
GET BACK IN THE BOX EILEEN

But seriously, I don't have much reason to post under my name right now. Maybe once my amount of progress is higher than "added one Drawback to Battleborn and tried to remember what I was going to do for new Items in the Ninjago update."
>>
File: Blank21.jpg (21KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Blank21.jpg
21KB, 300x415px
>>48612066
>saved

For a given value of saved, I guess? I mean I basically just walked up to her and said "You're Lilith. The dork in the robot's pilotting part of your flesh. The rest of you's locked up in the basement in her own tang. Good luck" except with my Angel mind-voice-thing.

And then we transitioned into a dark room under a spotlight where we dispassionately debated the meaning of salvation for a while before breaking out by using our chairs to club our way back into reality. That was fun.

>companioned

Once she got reintegrated with Lilith, she pitched in to defeat the MP Evas through the power of J-pop while EVA Unit-01 breakdanced them to pieces. Then Shinji and her took turns holding the Old Men in place while kicking them in the balls.

So, you know. Went pretty well as family reunions go, and I'd hate to ruin the moment.

I'm...not sure leaving Earth in the secret safekeeping of two pop idol psychic god-monsters and their newly caffeinated aunt-figure was the BEST idea but to be honest I didn't notice any better candidates around.
>>
>>48612426

I say dumb because it was literally on the spot after 2 days of vacation and I'm trying to get it done before thread 1000. I don't feel like I can do it and I won't be upset if I can't.
But I'm not afraid to try
>>
File: Sableye.gif (458KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
Sableye.gif
458KB, 500x453px
>>48612443
Having access to the pokemon move set was really important early on as I didn't pick up any offensive magic for quite a few jumps. My partner as also remained one of my constant companions.
Also being a tiny little gem imp is great for sneaking about and spooking people, and being able to claw through solid rock and see in the dark was a nice bonus.
>>
>>48612552
I also have to add()

Trying to make sense of the world of Transistor from what little scraps you are given just hurts almost physically
>>
>>48612522
Yes. But not any time soon. Maybe for Thread 2000.
>>
File: blank3.jpg (30KB, 292x247px) Image search: [Google]
blank3.jpg
30KB, 292x247px
>>48612552
>>48612860

Um. From what I remember?

Royce initially built the city "normally" before discovering the Transistor. Discovering the Transistor enabled him to manipulate the Process to an extent, and institute the whole change-the-city-through-votes thing by telling the Process to change it in accordance to votes. He was able to make some breakthroughs before everything went screwy

I don't think that one has a definite answer. On the one hand, it seems to operate by pulling Red and Royce INTO the Transistor. On the other hand, when Red comes back from it the man in the Transistor's body is still where it lay without Red needing over to "paint over" it to bring it back. On the balance of probabilities I'd think that seems to indicate it's just those near the Cradle who get pulled in

>>48612734
If it's any consolation in Wakfu at least everything and everyone seems to remain somehow roughly on par with everyone else, despite the powerlevelling Yugo and co have gone through.
>>
>>48612600
Vibranium is one of the components to adamantium, it is just called a Vibranium alloy in MCU because Adamantium is held by X-Men/Fox.
>>
>>48612926
I know. One of a small number of decisions I neither regret nor could really be prompted to.

A note, by the way, if I do an update during or after S3, all the MMO races will be free, Huppermages will be available, and maybe somebody else should handle the whole "images" thing this time because my eyes are starting to hurt looking at my own handiwork in GIMP.

But that's just stuff I'm telling myself in case I'm still around by then.
>>
>>48613001
Well, okay, I guess THAT warrants putting on the name for a second or two.

If anyone has any questions about Ninjago or Battleborn, now's as good a time as any.
>>
>>48612729
Alright! After this then what?
>>
>>48612600
Cap's shield is adamantium, adamantium is made of vibranium and several other materials. It is just Vibranium alloy in Movies because Fox has the rights to adamantium.
>>
>>48612745
>but to be honest I didn't notice any better candidates around.
>Not handing the world over to Pen Pen
Let's face is, he's probably the most psychologically stable being shown in the entire setting.
>>
File: cremia_hug.jpg (48KB, 450x256px) Image search: [Google]
cremia_hug.jpg
48KB, 450x256px
>>48613001
>>
>>48613034
Hyperdimension Neptunia.
>>
If the mighty stupid_dog is about, some questions about the Twilight jump after the 'what if your starting jump was X' topic in the previous thread.

Does the Flawless Forever perk prevent you aging? Does the "your skin is more resilient to damage than stone" do anything about blunt trauma impacts - to put it another way, are your insides as resilient as your outsides or will being hit by a car just result in a flawless corpse?

If the Flawless Forever perk doesn't make your insides resilient, does the Vampiric Strength perk help in that regard at all?

P.S. Any chance of a selectable-text version? If so, Flawless Forever has 'completion' instead of 'complexion'.
>>
Actually, since people have been talking about Rei, I wonder, would it be possible for a Jumper who took the scientist background and arrived in 2006 to be on the Rei project? Because if so, there are several...additions, I can make to her biology. It all just depends on what route I want to take. I could use some of the genetic stuff I've learned over the jumps to make her body more sturdy so it doesn't melt, I could add some Innovator/Coordinator stuff...or I could be a mad scientist and a terrible human being and add such wonders like Black Blood or Diclonius stuff. Actually, on that note, I wonder what would happen if Evangelions themselves had Black Blood, and how powerful Rei's Madness Wavelength would be...this might be worth investigating.
>>
File: 1407896343460.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1407896343460.gif
387KB, 269x270px
>>48613226
What even is this?
>>
>>48613348
Consoles are cute girls/goddesses who rule a themed nation, and have to fight villains based on things like virus and videogame pirates.

The main PC is based on a console called the Neptune, which Sega was developing/concepting before they started losing money and had to stop making consoles. Thus she's Sega's representative in an alternate world where they didn't shoot themselves in the foot.
>>
>>48612353
He asked if anyone wanted to adopt it. I don't think anyone actually did.
>>
>>48613024
Hey Wakfu I have some questions about the Warhammer Eldar jump.

Are memories/histories option for some of the paths and how long does the jump last?
>>
>>48613513
Right, so. That was a thing that went back and forth for a while.

As far as I can tell - keep in mind, I wasn't the guy who started it - there doesn't seem to be a set "Drop-In" option, but I'd be willing to bet Harlequins are memory-optional.

It sometimes gets difficult to tell what I did and what I didn't do.

As for the length, towards the end of the development process I was convinced to make the default length of time a century, to better reflect the timescales Eldar live on. I forget who it was that first brought that up, though.

I am really bad at keeping track of prior decisions.
>>
File: 6c5f4ca21a480db196f117d442fdb220.jpg (209KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6c5f4ca21a480db196f117d442fdb220.jpg
209KB, 1000x1200px
>>48612066
I used her as the maiden for a Drakengard's Goddess Seal in order to cut off access to the Earth from the Angels.
So, no. I did not "save" her.

Although, if it's any consolation, she did agree to it with full knowledge of what it entailed.
She was pretty disturbingly blase about the whole thing, really.
Just kindof, "Okay."
>>
>>48613602
Wakfu, sorry if this has been asked before, but exactly what can the...Eliatropes, think they're called, do? Like, I know they have portal stuff, but how does that all actually work? What are their feats?
>>48613621
Considering Rei is actually Lilith, I'm sure she'll be fine.
>>
Progress is being made. Unfortunately I got a ways to go but considering I started it literally..today
It's along pretty far
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg (158KB, 688x729px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg
158KB, 688x729px
>>48613394
Huh, so this is going to get... Weird. Niichijou Jump 003:
Drawbacks:
IT’S MY RELATIVE’S BAG! [+100]
Sometimes I’m a bear [+300]
Origin: Professor [-200]
My Life is on Fire! [Free]
CH-CHAN MIO! [-600]
It's Me-ow! [Free]
Hakase [-150]
Modifications [-300]
I Don't Have Special Features [-100]
Equipment:
Classmates ( (___) & Silica) [Free]
4.5%! 4.5%! [Free]

So, what is going to be the interaction of My Life is on Fire, Exaggerated Reality, and CH-CHAN MIO?
>>
so what time do you guys think thread 1000 will be out tomorrow?
>>
>>48613602
Thank you. A century sounds fair since that would probably feel like 10 years to an eldar anyway. I think I'll just houserule optional memories though since the eldar have such long lifespans.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

Rolling Location!
>>
>>48613659
Quick.
>>
>>48613659
Digger, you absolute madman. Is there anything that can stop your jump making rampage?
I hope not. This already looks good.
>>
>>48613700
>Tomorrow
Today at 4pm
>>
File: angry yugo.gif (1MB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
angry yugo.gif
1MB, 480x288px
>>48613650
OKAY SO

Yugo is one of the Council of Six, the original reincarnating Eliatropes with Dragon twins. While an Eliatrope Jumper is not one of those six, there doesn't seem to be much else special about them.

Quilby's technological prowess seems to come from him remembering everything between reincarnations, and thus having the benefit of "I've studied how Wakfu works for thousands of lifetimes," which is something a Jumper would also have by virtue of how long a Chain can get.

Mostly, it seems to be the portals, the portal lasers, flying with the Wakfu wings on their heads when their hats are off (notably seen being done by children), and forming weapons and armor from pure Wakfu, see gif related.

Now, the Eliacube itself, on the other hand, is made from the heart of a Mechasm - specifically, Orgonax, who was the youngest of them at the time. Seeing as there aren't any more Mechasms anywhere near the World of Twelve, I don't know if you could replicate it.

Season 3 will probably reveal more about their abilities, so stay tuned - I know I will.
>>
>>48613817
Noice, thanks Wakfu. Wait, are the Six the only Eliatropes around, or are there others? Will I get a lot of odd looks if I'm an Eliatrope in that world?
>>
Does 'Anti-Shadow Realm' from YuGiOh affect evil post-jump?
>>
>>48613848
There ARE others, but they're all kids and currently in a pocket dimension with a very, very old Dragon.

Long story short, Qilby got his own people genocided by the Mechasms, like, twice, and the kids are in there for their own safety.

You MIGHT get odd looks, but not for the reason you might think. Plus, the World of Twelve is a strange enough place that even some high-level Jumper shenanigans might not surprise anyone. Scare, maybe, but not really surprise.
>>
>>48613882
Oh, okay. Wait, even some high-level stuff? How high are we talking about here?
>>
>>48613817
>>48613882
Would Groug try and shove you into the pocket dimension if he saw some random Eliatrope running about?
>>
>>48613860
Seems like it.
>>
I'm taking Index and going to absorb the 103,000 grimoires in Index's mind, what do I need to download it from her memory and what other perks would be useful for maximizing their usefulness?
>>
>>48614038
Isn't it a bad idea to use them?
>>
>>48613817
Hey Wakfu, can you tell me everything you can about Xelors. I'm still kinda confused on their abilities because my only real exposure to them have been through Nox and Harebourg, who are exceptional.
>>
File: PMD.png (126KB, 282x417px) Image search: [Google]
PMD.png
126KB, 282x417px
>>48612443
It paved the way for the jumper's entire outlook. Healing over hurting, and supporting comrades when it came down to the wire.

Though the fact that they never actually existed prior to that jump did help with that somewhat.
>>
>>48614038
If you're fine being evil, there's a force power in Clone Wars.
>>
>>48614038
Omega Level Telepathy from X-Men Movies to torrent that shit, the... Detective? Assistant? Consultant? Capstones from Great Detective to sort through it all better and erase any stuff you can't make use of.
>>
>>48613817
Oh shit, is it time to ask Wakfu questions about Wakfu? Okay.

Are the abilities that each class uses in the Wakfu MMO the only such abilities that each Class has, or should we just take them as examples representative of what we could do?
>>
>>48613936
Well, there's plenty of things that shapeshift, living weapons are already a thing (Shushus), Nox had his clock walker so giant robots aren't surprising, and Mt. Zinit was originally a spaceship, so Qilby wouldn't bat an eye at a massive starship unless it proved to be more powerful.

If you set up Webway portals, they'd be misidentified as Zaaps, and, well? Xelors already play with time, Ecaflips with luck, and weird soul stuff is the order of the day in Incarnam. Also, Ogrest's Chaos means random natural disasters are commonplace.

>>48613946
It's possible. He'd certainly mean well, though, unless you started doing some seriously evil things.
>>
>>48614152
Are Xelors human-like?
>>
>>48614054
They're basically mindpoison normally, but there are perks elsewhere in jumpchain and in Index jump itself that mitigate the issues.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg (15KB, 240x198px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg
15KB, 240x198px
Hyperdimension Neptunia Jump 004:
Drawbacks:
Jumper Forgot to Level Grind [+200]
Damage Cap [+200]
Lacking Continuity [+200]
Origin: Candidate (Wii-U) [-200]
Perks:
Virus [-600]
A Goddess Protects [-50]
No Attacking While I'm Transforming [-100]
Leadership [-200]
Hard Drive Divinity [-300]
No 4th Wall [-50]
Combos [-100]

Adventurering Companions [-100]
(__) (Travler) [300]
Traveler's Guild [-300]

Silica (Arfoire's Minion) [300]
Virus [-300]

What is even with this world? So freaking weird I've never been anywhere like this and why are people worshiping me?

Hey asshole these people say I'm to protect them and if you try that I've got a piece of paper literally with your name on it!

At least it's entertaining.
>>
>>48614181
I believe they're normal people under the bandages, they just need them because they prevent the time manipulation they do from fast-aging them and the like.
>>
>>48614181
From my understanding they're literally bags of sand.
>>
>>48614152
So I take it NGE Angels would only get a "Oh, that's neat, never seen something like that before." in Incarnam? Also:
>Mt. Zinit was originally a spaceship
Does it still work? Thanks for answering these questions, by the way.
>>
>>48614062
*know
>>
>>48614062
Well, for an example of a more "average" Xelor, look to Slomo from the second Gobbowl arc. The Xelors in the MMO seem to also have the basic abilities to slow enemies or speed themselves up. They can also speed up allies slightly.

>>48614104
On the one hand, it does seem like they'd just be examples, but we also see a number of character using some of the in-game spells. Kabro- er, sorry, the Black Raven - uses the Krobak spell from the MMO spell list during his fight with the Brotherhood.

>>48614181
Technically all of the classes are human. The bandages are to keep all parts of their body in synch while they time-warp - imagine if Tracer were at risk of leaving a finger or toe behind every time she Blinked and had to wear even more specialized gear to counteract this.
>>
File: Hmm.png (12KB, 1068x173px) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.png
12KB, 1068x173px
>>48614202
>>48614203
Hmm.
>>
>>48614218
>does it still work?

No idea. The Cube seemed to be its power source, and, well, it's obviously not IN there anymore.

Plus, after the OVA's, I don't think it's doing much of anything anytime soon.
>>
>>48614188
>Wii U
So how do you deal with your older sister Blanc? What about the way people in Lowee treat you? Are you considered a failure and a loser because of your less than stellar performance as a console? Is your silly console name represented by your name as a candidate (it'd basically be the equivalent of being named Blancy)?
>>
File: 1455025735345.png (2MB, 1000x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1455025735345.png
2MB, 1000x1222px
>>48614255
Interesting. Now, onto my real question. Could you make a Xelor based off of DIO from JoJo?
>>
>>48606748
My Personal Data Crystal, which contains all the information on my home PC, including over a thousand audiobooks, hundreds of comic books, and walk throughs. Also... my sword.
>>
>>48614294
Well, I'm not sure where you'd get the Stand or vampirism, but otherwise I guess?
>>
>>48614038
Be ready to have a ton of dangerous people on your ass, because you'll essentially be a walking magical weapon of mass destruction.

People freak out over Index, and there are a ton of fail-safes to make sure she can't actually use the knowledge.
>>
>>48614294
Huh, actually, combine that with the Vampire form from JoJo, and not only would you have all the powers of a vampire plus time stop, but also a suit to protect you from the sun. Add a Stand, and you'd basically be Dio, only with you having time powers rather than your Stand.
>>
>>48614311
>or vampirism
Isn't Wakfu-absorption a thing? Since that shit's life energy, it'd basically be the same as vampirism. And doesn't absorbing enough of it make you super strong, so that'd cover physical super strength and speed. Also judging by Nox that shit can make you live forever. Would these not be plausible things to assume?
>>
>>48614094
There have to be other places with advanced mind reading that I can use to download information out of her mind.
>>
>>48614339
I never understood why the vampires didn't just cover themselves from head to toe if exposure to the sun is lethal.
>>
>>48606830
Sylladex?
>>48606861
I dunno... Babylon 5? It lacks all the alien races.
Brutal Legend? It lacks... the flavor and awesomeness of the setting.

Master of Magic? not really that faithful to the setting.
>>
>>48614347
The closest we see to a vampire is an Iop count when he was possessed by his Shushu, Um-something, I forget. Anyway, when she was possessing him he looked like a vampire, had shadow powers, and the ability to absorb wakfu from people to turn them into his mind controlled ghouls.

Sadly the Shushu you can buy isn't on her level (I think it's one tier below Rubilax who is one tier below her, meaning it's a complete chump.)
>>
>>48614347
I briefly forgot about that, but yeah that part checks out.
>>
>>48614390
Can you train it to her level?
>>
>>48614403
No, Shushu seem to be entirely set in power and don't ever indicate they can grow in strength.
>>
>>48614336
Probably not, seeing as people don't automatically know everything about you or what your capable of, or even that you so much as exist just by existing in the same universe as you.

You aren't going to have anyone's attention unless you somehow get their attention on you in the first place, which you won't, because people in Index don't know everything about what everyone else is doing or has done all the time.
>>
>>48614390
>and the ability to absorb wakfu from people to turn them into his mind controlled ghouls
I thought Ombrage absorbed shadows, not wakfu.

Anyway, is there anything Xelors can do outside of time fuckery? Apparently they have elemental attacks in the MMO and Nox shot wakfu lasers and sheeit
>>
>>48614402
So a Xelor who absorbs Wakfu is basically DIO? Nice. I remember Nox had those blue disc-looking things in his hands that helped him do it, and the Noxines he built all had stingers to suck it up.
>>
Not sure when EndlessAnon was last in thread, but does anyone know if he's considered doing an update for Endless Legend? With 2 new factions and all the new mechanics it seems like it'd be possible.
>>
File: sans shrug.gif (42KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
sans shrug.gif
42KB, 150x150px
>>48614420
>shadows

This is correct. Also, they do have elemental attacks in the MMO (everyone does), and I'm not sure if the lasers were a Xelor thing or a Nox thing.
>>
>>48614445
Two-three weeks ago, he said he would update Endless Legend and was going to make Endless Space once the second game came out.
>>
>>48614419
You think the people in the Church won't notice someone bypassed the security in Index's head?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg (109KB, 638x575px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg
109KB, 638x575px
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>48614289
My older sister is awesome and I wanted to be like her for years. We were both slightly more than little violent, however I spent a long time in the Arena because I'm kinda at the low end of everything when I start out.
Damage Cap and Level Grind put me on the low end of things. Blank is the the name I was given. Blanc was put in a bad spot quite often
because of me and the fact that I wasn't really a worthy Candidate, pissed me off to no end.
I finally got fed up with it during one conflict and just summoned my Mech from Super Robot Wars and had IT deal the damage.
No one should ever see Blanc in her Ultradimensional outfit. Seriously there is only so much mortification a young man can take.

Rolling to see if I caught the Virus during one of Silica's 'outbreaks'. 10% chance.
>>
>>48614420
>>48614455
Yeah, I just misremembered that bit.

Still though, don't take her as an example of what your Shushu can do. Nor Rubilax. Maybe some of the mook ones from when they were fighting in the arena.
>>
>>48614455
It's a shame we have no idea what any of those elemental attacks look like because there's no real attack animations in the game.

By the way, what's the biggest source of Wakfu in the WoT right now? Probably the Sadida tree, right?
>>
>>48614479
Yeah, pretty much. Why do you ask?
>>
>>48614479
I think Grougaloragan has more actually. Unfortunately Wakfu dragons are pretty much Epic level D&D ones and he can self destruct to reincarnate if you try draining him.
>>
>>48614500
Just curious. What happened to the Dofus again after the fight with Ogrest?

And I also have a question about Stasis. Can it work on living creatures like Wakfu or is it pretty much only reserved for machines?
>>
>>48606993
Absolutely this. The prices are essentially in Yen.
>>48608670
Won't that thread 2017 be in, like 2019?
>>
>>48614513
Theoretically a Dofus would contain more Wakfu since it has both the dragon and the Eliatrope's wakfu inside it, right?
>>
>>48614465
Yeah. Probably not, and they sure as fuck won't be able to counter or trace it, or even understand how or what breached those defenses. That's even assuming they'd activate from out of context mind reading, or that they even extend beyond preventing her from personally using magic, which are actually fairly contradicted in canon.
>>
>>48614516
>the Dofus

I think they scattered, but I don't remember entirely.

>Stasis

We've never seen a non-robot powered entirely by Stasis, so heck if I know.
>>
>>48614038
Go to Animorphs and get the perks that let you acquire a morph by looking at them and the one that lets you get the memories of the morph. You also probably want the perk from Alan Wake that lets you understand knowledge that would drive people mad. Some form of intelligence perk would also be useful and you should get the perk based of index that's in the jump
>>
>>48614566
>We've never seen a non-robot powered entirely by Stasis
What about the Foggernauts? Or are they just robots with souls?
>>
So, speaking of Index magic, can you guys help me out?

What the hell does it actually do? Hoe dies it work?
>>
>>48614566
Actually I thought the Shushus are powered by Stasis, like Anthar's red portals. Of course being otherworldly demon things obsessed with destruction that all but confirms Stasis isn't really suited for most lifeforms.
>>
>>48614589
Foggernauts are... complicated. They HAVE souls, but their bodies are Stasis-powered machines - and that's just one faction, the formerly-militant but still-atheist one.

>>48614599
I did forget that, anon. Thanks for reminding me!

Jeez the Krosmoz is confusing.
>>
>>48614351
Have you considered 40k? NOTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH THIS PLAN!
Failing that, this one is be dubious but the memory-granting morphing thing from Animorphs.
>>
>>48614599
It makes sense since Shukrute is in the Stasis part of the Krosmoz. Well, it was, until Yugo dropped the Zinit on it from space.
>>
>>48614469
No virus for you.
>>
>>48614623
Yeah, that was... probably not good for the place.
>>
>>48614529
>Won't that thread 2017 be in, like 2019?
Nah, I predict we will reach higher speeds.
>>
>>48614609
Speaking of things that are confusing, what's the deal with dual-class characters? I think at least one exists in the comics who's part Ecaflip and part Xelor.

And theoretically, could someone but one class but take Foggernaut prosthetics to adopt their traits like having Stasis powers? Since they're atheistic their powers don't come from gods, but science.
>>
>>48614599
>>48614566
>>48614609
>>48614623
Isn't an Eliatrope dragon's magic powered by Stasis?
>>
>>48614653
I mean it was a shithole before but now there's probably nothing left.

By the way, have you ever thought of doing a Wakfu proper roleplay thing here?
>>
>>48614038
Stick her in a pod, take her somewhere you can import her as an AI. Or maybe to Stargate, import her as a Goa'uld and see if that Genetic Memory thing lets you yoink it that way.
Or the easy way, be a Goa'uld, take her as a Host.
>>
>>48614592
Belief, generally in religion, inspires magical practices that reproducibly work. At a basic level, think about what an individual religion/worldview considers magic capable of, and start from there.
>>
>>48614675
I don't know. I doubt it since Nox was obsessed with getting Grougal's Wakfu, but when the Great Dragon and Eliatrope "did their dance" it resulted in both dragons and Eliatropes being created, and the Great Dragon is the incarnation of Stasis, so you'd think so.

I'm gonna say they're both Wakfu-based though.
>>
>>48614663
>first thing

Shak Shaka is three different kinds of "oh gods what."

>second thing
I... huh. You know, I never thought of that. The Sufokians already have Stasis-mechs and Stasis-submarines, who's to say nobody's got a Stasis-powered arm cannon?

And other people have worked with it too, a la Nox and Razortime.
>>
>>48614683
This isn't a thread for your freeform RP.
>>
>>48614698
Chances are they're both hybrids, where the Eliatropes tend more towards mom and the dragons more towards dad on the cosmic energy side.
>>
>>48614367
From Sburb.
>>
>>48614707
Calm down, I was just asking a question.
>>
>>48614683
Depends on what you mean by that.

>>48614675
>>48614698
The Krosmoz is a silly place and does not always work the way that would make the most sense.

It is still somehow more consistent than a lot of shounen. What this says, I do not know.
>>
>>48614726
And by "here" I meant the board in general.
>>
>>48614592
It's reality warping. Think esper powers, but instead of personal powers, they're communal things that anyone can access, and instead of being specific abilities, they're really vaguely and generalist powers based on things they collective unconsciousness of humanity imposed on reality, that can do all kinds of shit depending on where you fit into those phases.

Post jump it works on fiat, but you can become a magic god and do all kinds of other crazy shit if that's to your liking. I'm taking it in my chain because I think I have a method that, with Index magic, could be used for freeform reality warping.
>>
>>48614637
Eh, it'll all work out... Somehow.
>>48614469
Blanc is always so busy. If I could release even a tenth of that responsibility (Almost wrote Tension here, boy would that have been ripe with Freudian interpretations) I would have been satisfied.

Where to next /JC?
>>
>>48614038
Go Sburb. classpect as something like thief of mind, steal the knowledge.
>>
>>48614734
I mean a separate RP for Wakfu on /tg/. You seem passionate about it, enough to put it in your username.

>>48614702
I was just thinking because if they're atheistic and purely mechanical then someone could still maintain powers from one class while having an arm that shoots stasis beams or something. Of course not many people would be willing to lop their own arm off to try that.
>>
>>48614741
You have horribly cancerous ideas.
>>
>>48614753
No Game No Life.
>>
>>48614769
I'll take that as a compliment
>>
>>48614766
>first thing

Oh, nah. I'd be chased off the board faster than you could say ">>>out".

>second thing
I see no problem here. Besides the part where you're just lopping off an arm to have a Stasis arm.
>>
>>48614790
Why are you even here? Get out if you want some freeform shit. You won't find it here.
>>
>>48614038
The Matrix, Blame! and Generic Virtual World all have works for downloading knowledge. As for using it, I would recommend taking Index in the same Jump if you haven't already, and possible Grimdarkness in Sburb.
>>
>>48614805
Alright, last question. You've been very helpful thus far.

How does time work in the Wakfu universe? And since Xelors are capable of manipulating it, does more Wakfu equal a longer time stop? You'd think so because time reversal is apparently the hardest form of time manipulation to do and requires tremendous amounts of Wakfu and the Eliacube, so by that logic a simple time stop could be extended near infinitely if you had the same amount, right?
>>
>>48614785
More gaming fun eh? Sure enough on the way.
>>
File: 1387852565418.png (115KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
1387852565418.png
115KB, 245x205px
This thread needs to drop already. I've got a present for next thread.
>>
>>48614569
>>48614619
How dubious exactly is the Animorphs method to doing this?
>>
>>48614414
They can devour other Shushu actually.
The King of Shushu used to be on the level of the 12, and there were other Shushu on his level around.
He devoured them all, and is stronger for it.
It's not a 1+1=2 sort of deal, but they get something out of it.

>>48614599
The Gods, and lesser Spirits, are Made of Wakfu, they don't run on it.
Shushu are the same, but they are made of Stasis, they don't run on it.

>>48614837
I dunno about the rest of that, but Time Reversal was outright banned by the God of Time, Nox was only able to break that ban by getting an absolutely absurd amount of power.
And even then? Honestly? I think Xelor LET him do it, because Xelor is a MASSIVE asshole.
>>
>>48614850
hypehypehype

>tfw I'll be in the hospital for thread 1000
>>
>>48614850
You mean the thread after, right?

Besides, I've hit writers block on SS and the DLC isn't looking too healthy either.
>>
>>48614816
Blame scares me because it's Blame but I'll look at it. Generic Virtual World scares me because it has win conditions that scale with you. I'll take a look at the Matrix. Thanks.
>>
>>48614862
>And even then? Honestly? I think Xelor LET him do it, because Xelor is a MASSIVE asshole
So if someone decided to gain a shitload of Wakfu and try the world's longest timestop eventually Xelor would get off his throne and slap their shit?
>>
>>48614837
>how does time work?

Oh boy. Here we go.

See, once upon a time, time was passing sort of, but Xelor hadn't made his Clock yet. So then he did so time would be orderly. But then it got broken, Djaul got involved, and then?

What Nox did SHOULD have been impossible, as Xelor himself was said to be incapable of reversing time. Maybe he really could have, but chose not to. Anyway, this broke time six ways to Sunday, which is why EliOtropes, which were generated by Yugo's brief taste of godhood, appear in the Dofus Era - time was already borked, so what else is new?

So I guess it's more accurate to say that time both does and DOESN'T work.

tl;dr, I have no idea and I doubt Ankama knows either.
>>
>>48614893
He'd probably drop you in his arena where he hangs out with Shushus to watch random people he's kidnapped murder each other.
>>
File: 1267760602194.gif (340KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1267760602194.gif
340KB, 240x180px
>>48614879
>>48614881
No, I'm dropping it in thread 999.

We've got enough people planning for thread 1000 that I think it's better to give people something to talk about in next thread. Plus as someone pointed out for my builds, I'm a fucking hipster so I might as well do things before they're cool.
>>
>>48614745
>but you can become a magic god
Seriously? That's not banned by Fiat?

I could understand becoming an impure majin a la Ollerus, but the real deal? Would their ability even work outside of Raildex, since it relies on altering layers of reality that don't exist elsewhere and you don't have fiat enforcing it?
>>
>>48609663
Fish eat other fish. what's vore about that?
>>
>>48614900
What a fucked up universe. I love it.

Also speaking of biomechanical implants and shit, just what exactly ARE Xelors? Because they seem like these weird time mummies with glowing holes in their chests. Does that happen naturally as a result of choosing to worship that god or is mechanical augmentation Deus-Ex style a thing they do?

They seem the least "human" of all the classes next to the Foggernauts.
>>
File: Joy.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Joy.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>>48614893
See >>48614906
He kidnaps adventurers, and sometimes random people, and does that to them. He's a massive asshole.

>>48614917
This will be the perfect Capstone to the GLORIOUS HAND TO HAND COMBAT arc I have.
>>
>>48614936
That's a combination of taking after their god and precautions taken against temporal dissociation.

Also, playing with time messes with your own life. Who knew?
>>
Would anyone happen to be working on an Anima: Beyond Fantasy jump? Or did I just volunteer?
>>
>>48614892
Remember: Complete Net Terminal Genes if you can afford it, try to Jump Dresden Files beforehand so you can hex things to death, and try to have some way to ignore physics like being a ghost or being magically intangible, and you should probably be fine.
>>
>>48614922
Reploid backpedaled apparently, and clarified that while he thinks it should be post-spark territory, he wouldn't ban it.
>>
>>48614954
Xelor 4 Life.
It was the first jump with Time-Stop capabilities and I snapped it up immediately because of that. Time-Stops will save your life.
>>
>>48614954
And Nox just ratcheted it up a few notches because he's batshit insane?
>>
>>48614972
Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>48614960
It really should be.
>>
>>48614970
I hope you threw knives.
>>
>>48614955
Go ahead, I don't think anybody else is claiming it.
>>
>>48614970
>Time-Stops will save your life.
Time stop is best when you use it right before you are about to be hit by some attack and then you use it to take the time to make some tea and set a table for both yourself and your opponent.
>>
>>48614766
>Of course not many people would be willing to lop their own arm off to try that.
Eh, it's not so bad. Just swap it out with, or meld it into, an existing cybernetic.
>>
>>48614955
You just volunteered. I'm familiar with the setting, but I think we're some of the few.
>>
>>48614980
But it's a thing they do to themselves to avoid getting ripped apart during time manipulation?
>>
>>48614981
All reploid said about it was that it was really difficult, and he pretty much left it at that.
>>
>>48614998
Correct.
>>
>>48615003
I'm not talking about that. I'm saying it should be banned.
>>
>>48614981
It shouldn't. Hardcaps are terrible and every one that gets revoked or prevented from being implemented is a good thing. There is never a reason to state outright, 'you can never achieve this ability level no matter what, because fiat.'
>>
>>48615005
Thanks senpai

See you at the start of s3
>>
>>48612106
Hey! I'm sorry you're not fond of the jump.

You're not the only person to comment on the lacking nature of the jump's drawbacks, and I am listening. I don't use drawbacks in jumps, so my initial take on drawbacks has been sub-par. It is something that I will be working on moving forward. I don't have a lot of time, particularly during the week, but I am working on it.

As for the religion comment, please make sure to read the perk and the notes. If a *jumper* believes that reality is ruled, governed, or protected by one or more omnipotent entities who cares about the jumper's action; then that being can impede or assist the jumper as she/he/it/they feel fit. Whether or not the omnipotent entity exists or not is immaterial - all that matters is the jumper's belief on the matter. This isn't pulled out of left field, and is loosely how the Scourge worked from Mage: The Sorcerer's Crusade.

Mage is a game about understanding, will, and belief - and the jumper's beliefs matter.

>>48612321
There are two different drop in origins: Savvy (Arete 10, 15 FP) and Unsavvy (21 FP). Most jumpers would be unsavvy. I discuss this in the jump.

"Regarding the Savvy Drop In, this Origin is designed to reflect a jumper who fully and intimately understands the nature of the World of Darkness and Awakened will working; can actually internalize, live, and actualize that Truth; and wants to drop into the setting. It’s not intended to be a general drop in option for jumper: I intend jumpers to qualify for only for one of the options.

Mage is a game about belief, will, understanding, and enlightenment. A jumper who brings an enlightened understanding of the world that she can internalize and actualize, would be very (rawly) powerful, and should start at an Arete of 9-10, depending on the edition.

The alternative would be for Jump-Chan to reach into a jumpers mind and delete, damage, or otherwise cripple the jumper's understanding and will at the start of the jump."
>>
>>48614972
There's a running theory that Nox wasn't even a fucking Xelor, that he was a Feca. He just used the Eliacube to mimic being a Xelor.

>>48614986
I punched the shit out of people, or used it to summon my Mech.
Of course that was "the old days" when I desperately needed that to survive.
Now I use it to just enhance my attacks, and dodge really big ones.

Once I stopped time when a big-ass laser was about to hit me. Grabbed the guy who fired the laser. Moved him where I had been, then I stood where he had been.
It was hilarious.
>>
>>48614854
Well, it depends on how she's actually memorising all the Grimoires. If they're basically stuck in there by magic, it probably wouldn't duplicate that, but if she just had supermagic boosted memory storage space and actually memorised the books...?
>>
>>48615009
Well it isn't, so fuck you.
>>
>>48615011
Oh joy, it's the bait again.
>>
>>48615009
Well, you're wrong then.
>>
>>48614981
Is there even a canon way to become a Majin? For all we know, they were all just born with that power.
>>
>>48615030
She has a perfect memory, and she read them all.
>>
>>48615028
>Feca
Why?
>>
>>48615030
She just has regular garden variety perfect memory.
>>
>>48615054
Why does everyone want the books in some loli's head? What can they do?
>>
>>48615028
>that he was a Feca
And what can they do again? I think it had something to do with shields. I think one of Nox's puppets was a Feca
>>
>>48614929
Ignore him, it's just a furry/scaley/ whatever projecting.
>>
>>48615058
>>48615074
I think the reasoning behind it was that the Feca and the Foggernauts are the only technologically advanced people. The only ones who make lots of machines specifically, and he made a LOT of machines. His little bug bots, his clockwork golem, his giant mobile base.
>>
>>48615073
It's literally all of the magic books from the setting inside her head. They can do pretty much all forms of magic below that of the magic gods.
>>
>>48615027
Nobody likes being forced to follow a god.
>>
>>48615091
All except one.
>>
>>48615041
Why?
>>
>>48615090
I thought all of that shit was because of the Eliacube. And aren't Xelors also machinists by nature? I remember them having quite a few robots in the MMO

I think the Feca theory's bullshit desu
>>
>>48615094
I don't know the jump or setting, but I think Poor Dick is trying to say that "If you, the Jumper, are a devout Catholic, who honestly believes in the beneficence of God, that can help, in setting, because you believe God the Father will help you." Since the world is all about belief being manifest or something. If you, the jumper, believe the world is a crapsack, then your belief will shape the world. Or something. I tried reading the first edition of mage and it made my head hurt. my brother tried explaining the second edition and I ended up banging my head against a table.
>>
>>48615027
>If a *jumper* believes that reality is ruled, governed, or protected by one or more omnipotent entities who cares about the jumper's action;
...So, basically every single Jumper, on the basis that they are, you know, A JUMPER.
>>
>>48615091
Not exactly. All of that magic is forbidden evil magic, way better but way more dangerous than the normal stuff. That shit is poison to the mind of people who don't have mental insulation perks, every single grimoires is basally its own necronomicon full of eldritch knowledge.
>>
>>48615041
And why shouldn't Majin be banned when Level 6 is, when it's the exact same level of power from a different angle?
>>
>>48615045
This.

The whole majin argument is ridiculous, because people for whatever dumb reason thought all they needed was Grugnir. As far as I can tell yes, they were just sort of born with the innate talent to reach it and then need to jump through some convoluted metaphysical hoops to get to that level, AND THEN do some more weird unspecified shit to control it well enough.
>>
>>48615139
I never said I believed it, just that it's a running theory. I honestly don't know about the MMO, I tried to get into it. But MMOs aren't very fun without your friends, and my friends weren't into it.
>>
>>48615147
Level 6 isn't banned either. Reploid backpeddled on both in one post.
>>
>>48615144
Well one of the books she has is the literal Necronomicon.
>>
>>48615142
It's a forced purchase though, and I don't think it makes any considerations for atheists.
>>
>>48615143
Yeah, I mean, the framing device is that an omnipotent being has chosen you as their appointed demigod to go on adventures for them and provide entertainment. It's impossible for any jumper to not be Savvy, unless they are in deep denial about their situation and think it's all just a delusion or something like that.
>>
>>48615148
>According to Othinus, in order to become a Majin, a magician has to master a path of magic until they reach the very end, so there can be multiple Majins who each have mastered a different path like Norse Mythology, Buddhism, Greek Mythology, etc. Additionally, to become a Majin a magician needs to perform a special ritual. The details of the ritual are unclear and appear to vary from Majin to Majin, but they apparently require the magician to kill themselves or die in some way, as Othinus had to hang herself as part of her ritual, the High Priest became a Majin through self-mummification and the people that made Nephthys died to create her. Additionally, Leivinia Birdway mentioned that as Majin, Othinus and Nephthys had to have been willing to kill themselves for their ceremony.

No, you do not need to be born a special way to become a Majin. Anyone can do it if they follow the above. They just have to die for it, which is a problem for you because of obvious reasons.

Level 6 is something we don't know the exact method of obtaining, or if there's a need to die.
>>
>>48615112
Yea there are exceptions most being above magic gods, but it's almost all the magic that people know how to do in setting.
>>48615144
They had her read all the magic books, not just evil forbidden ones, part of the reason is to have a magical repository to counteract any magic. Besides all Grimoires in index poison the mind, it's just part of how it works.
>>
>>48615157
But that doesn't even make sense. Accelerator is the only one with the theoretical potential to reach SYSTEM. Anyone else will collapse in on themselves and become a literal star long before they get that far.

But oh well, it doesn't really matter. Doesn't affect me, so I don't care.
>>
>>48615129
>>48615147
Because hardcaps contribute nothing to jumpchain.

What does capping it add, inter-jump balance? When you have to work to figure out how to achieve it in the first place? When the jump doesn't give you anything you really need to accomplish as much without loads of out of jump stuff? When Jumpchain is single player, and limiting people arbitrarily because you want to maintain some illusion of balance, or something?

Also >>48615219
>>
>>48615148
Hold on a second. Wiki says-

>According to Othinus, in order to become a Majin, a magician has to master a path of magic until they reach the very end, so there can be multiple Majins who each have mastered a different path like Norse Mythology, Buddhism, Greek Mythology, etc. Additionally, to become a Majin a magician needs to perform a special ritual. The details of the ritual are unclear and appear to vary from Majin to Majin, but they apparently require the magician to kill themselves or die in some way, as Othinus had to hang herself as part of her ritual, the High Priest became a Majin through self-mummification and the people that made Nephthys died to create her. Additionally, Leivinia Birdway mentioned that as Majin, Othinus and Nephthys had to have been willing to kill themselves for their ceremony.

So...let's recap:

You have to "master a path of magic" whatever the fuck that means, which is a) may or may not be possible in other jumps when the only thing sustaining your Index magic is personal, localised fiat instead of the vast metaphysical structures that allow for shit like Idol Theory and Aeons to arise and b) bloody hard in Index/Raildex wherein Crowley is, presumably using his archetype controlling skill to bring about the Aeon (a phase of humanity's mystic and religious expression) of Horus to overwrite the Aeon of Osiris; what this means isn't clear but it's apparently the reason why Crowley said Fiamma "my hand wins" of the Right posed no threat to him.

You need to perform a ritual for which the exact details aren't fully known.

And you need to kill yourself. Not self-ressurect. Not cheat death. Straight up kill yourself. As in, the thing that unambiguous ends your chain OR at best resets all your accomplishments to a fixed point of time if you have access to a save state of some kind.

Yeah, whatever Reploid said-I think it's pretty clear becoming a Majin is impossible while continuing your chain.
>>
>>48615238
Technically that's that Accelerator is the only one who could do it with their current understanding. The same thing says Misaka could do it, and die in doing so. But the guy that information is from was also trying to force Misaka into it so that they would improve their understanding so that it wouldn't be so difficult to reach.
>>
>>48615215
Well, a lot of people have their own take on the Benefactor, or even dispense with it entirely. And there is the "truly omnipotent" thing that just... ugh... definitions... quantifying belief in Benefactor powerlevels to determine whether you must or cannot take a perk... ugh.
Also, even if the Jumper is, to use the injump example, a believer in a truly omnipotent Abrahamic god that governs their reality... why the fuck would they need a perk from a presumably-less-omnipotent Benefactor to interfere? For that matter, if you do think the Benefactor is truly omnipotent, why the fuck would she need to give you a perk to let her intervene? This whole thing is just moronic and shoddily thought out for Jumpchain purposes.
>>
>>48611035
On another forum, a guy who'd done two tours there said that taking Intel Was Right was basically "World War III: The Trigger". And you took Glory Hounds on top of that.

>maybe when I flood the battlefield with goats and robots maybe you'll all just be grateful

So yeah, I daresay humanity will be grateful. Hell, you might even end up in charge. All hail our small cute alien overlord who saved us from WW3?
>>
No Game, No Life Jump 005:
Drawbacks:
Origin: Imanity [Free]
Aschente [-100]
Weapons of the Weak [Free]
Double Triple Backwards Bluff [-150]
Seeing the Future [-200]

Items:
Loads of Money [-50]
Nice Clothes [-50]
Game Collection [-50]
Materialization Shiritori [-400]

I had to keep myself from just going off the deep end with the drawbacks, to the point that I literally can't trust myself even with one. I now have a highly addictive version of word game I already freaking love. So providing my support to the protags seems like a fairly stable job and with my otherworldly stuff from Overlord could make our kingdom another Out of Context Problem, as some of the items are just odd.

>>48615238
Personally the risk is to high until you've got a fiat 'you hold together' perk, of which there are very few, for that very reason.
>>
>>48615238
Jumpers can do basically anything given a number of jumps worth of preparation.
>>
>>48615277
>What are 1-ups
>>
>>48612321
I also address the point system in the document. It's a style choice based on the source material. I even provide a not about cost coversion. 1 FP = 50 CP -- it's in the doc.

>>48612353
>>48612564
No I did not put the jump up for adoption.

I'm unfamiliar with Touhou and someone posted a summary of the setting and capabilities at the SpaceBattles forum. Upon learning that Touhou seems to be a high power, reality warping setting that everyone is ok with (in contrast to Ascension); I expressed my frustration via a sarcastic comment that some people misinterpreted.

That said, I've always been open to other people working on Mage: The Ascension jumps. I only started working on it as no one had made one, no one was making one, and no one showed any interested in making one; and I only claimed Ascension as this forum doesn't like allowing multiple jumps by different authors. Personally, I don't care if there are other Ascension jumps out there.

>>48612492
News to me.

>>48612522
I'd like to think that I do. Maybe I'm not good at jump making, but I'm definitely trying.

As for others, I've indicated to a number of individuals who disagree strongly with my direction that I'm ok with them, or anyone, making Ascension jumps, and indicated that I'd be happy to see their finished work. To date, no one has even indicated that they have any interest in authoring their own Mage jump, let alone produce an alternate work.
>>
>>48615277
Extra lives are not always save states.
>>
>>48615229
I meant Crowley's grimoire, which has never been opened.
>>
File: blank10.png (254KB, 610x520px) Image search: [Google]
blank10.png
254KB, 610x520px
>>48615284
Here's what I'm worried most about Intel Was Right: It would completely validate the Bush administration if it isn't taken care of before the news goes public.

I'm pretty sure that would butterfly the everliving shit out of future political developments.
>>
>>48615308
>Style choice
Ugh, another one of you fuckers who thinks they have to be special and innovate. Just stop and leave will you?
>>
>>48615313
I would put that grimoire on the level of the magic gods for what fuckboi McUpsidedown does with that stuff.
>>
>>48615277
>Aeon of Horus
Isn't that the one defined by love?

Who wants to bet that somehow Touma and his harem will bring it about?
>>
>>48615301
>>48615311
Really? All 1-ups I can remember "reset" you to a state before your death, not let you keep whatever enchantments you have. The only exception I can think of is that demon medicine from Bayonetta, and using that would invalidate the ritual by way of it operating through keeping you on the VERGE of death, meaning it wouldn't be able to be completed.
>>
>>48615343
God hand. In canon Heracles dies and then comes back to life 12 times with it. You might only get 1 use per jump in jumpchain but it works perfectly as needed for becoming a Magic God.
>>
>>48615335
I don't konw. I really don't know. It would however explain a lot about recent events.

Look man, I fucking hate Raildex metaphysics. At least Nasu had the cool postmodern Lovecraftian thing going on in his early works before the Servantwanking.
>>
>>48615282
It's not to let her intervene, it's because it amuses her to do things that way. But I agree with you on your point as a whole. It's a bad idea, described poorly.
>>
>>48615328
Just make sure that all of the administration's dirty laundry that led to Saddam having the weapons in the first place gets aired. Because like RL all that equipment and training didn't come ex nihilo (well, depending on you run with drawbacks it might).
>>
>>48615343
Literally no 1-up works like that. All extra life perks bring you back to life afterwards, not some retcon of your death. Actually, I don know of even a single extra life in all of jumpchain that does what you're suggesting all of them do.
>>
>>48615169
Oh. no. huh. got to be a better way to do that.
>>
>>48615352
Okay then.

I'm still not sure if it would count for the purposes of the ritual which require you to kill yourself but Othinius seems pretty sprighty so who knows, maybe there's a another magic juju thing that she has which operates similarly.

Probably safest to ask Val about it to be safe.

>>48615368
It's late and I might be misremembering. My point was more that I'm not sure if fiat-based ressurection would count as a death for the purposes of the ritual, voiding it by merit of the fact your death wasn't...death-y enough for it.

That said it does sound like we're heading into serious fanwank territory so I dunno.
>>
>>48615313
>which has never been opened.

>"Hey, Crowley, what's in your book?"
>"I have no idea, I've never read it."
>"Oh, cool. Don't mind me then."
>Speed Reading/Scholar's Touch/Skill Books
>>
>>48615355
I love raildex metaphysics though. They're crazy and I love them like I love broken, glitchy sandbox games, and I hate Nasuverse for the most part in its totality. So, to each their own.
>>
>>48615383
Apparently the book would end Christianity if anyone learned what's inside.
>>
>>48615381
The whole death thing probably has a lot to do with the whole 50% failure chance on everything that Majin supposedly have. Something something Schrodinger's cat.
>>
>>48615419
What does that even mean?

Does everyone in a church suddenly whip out a fedora and start tipping it while chanting "Milady, milady, milady" and winking?
>>
>>48615358
Let or not, whatever, the point is that it's your benefactor giving you a mandatory perk that says "I might intervene or I might not, as I feel like."
Literally what is even the point of having that in the jump. It serves no real purpose and comes dangerously close to that hated "characterising the Benefactor for other people's chains" thing.
>>
>>48615433
Maybe?
>>
>>48615433
That would be awesome.
>>
>>48615383
The guy wasn't referring to the book literally never having been opened, the book is actually just written in a code that no one has broken yet. Crowley however knows the code and everything, and is still in contact with the being that he got the information from.
>>48615433
It's a nebulous statement about it's content, however one of Crowley's things is the creation of an artificial heaven.
>>
>>48615442
Again, like I said, I agree with you. No matter how you slice it, it's a bad design decision.
>>
>>48615433
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCL4dXUtblg
More like vid related, I would hope. Otherwise I think my shame at reading the book would eat at me for the rest of my chain.
>>
>>48615433
Who knows? Kamachi is a serious hack who didn't think his own writing through.

He's like the worst parts of JK Rowling and Kubo Tite put together.
>>
>>48615381
I don't even give a shit, Index magic was brought up because I was working it into a side chain and Index was part of it. In my main chain I always just go with Railgun and go full multi-skill network.
>>
>>48615433
As much as I love White Wolf, they can be pretty Fedora at times. So I could see it.

>>48615453
>it's content
People would decry that shit as lies. Fuck people decry the moon landing as a lie. There are people who legitimately think the Earth is flat.
>>
>>48615470
>As much as I love White Wolf, they can be pretty Fedora at times.
Not real sure what White Wolf has to do with Index, Justice. Unless you're planning horrible things with your fluffy waifu pile and living magical book?
>>
File: wot.gif (8MB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
wot.gif
8MB, 550x300px
>>48615470
>yfw it's harder to make a convincing fake moon landing than it is to actually land on the moon
>>
>>48615497
I must have gotten lost somewhere along the reply chain, because I thought I saw someone mentioning White Wolf in that chain.
>>
>>48615470
Index knowledge can literally brainwash you and cause physical damage to your body. At one point there was saint peters cross being carried around in japan, and supposidly if it was planted in a particular location, everyone in the country would convert to Catholicism. I wouldn't put it past the book to instantly brainwash every christian into having an epiphany that god doesn't exist an converting instantly to other religions or turning atheist.
>>
>>48615470
Some singing that somehow carried the memetic information of the contradictions in the bible can make nuns ears bleed.
>>
>>48615470
I don't think it matters if they decry it, Crowly himself has power over Jungian archetypes, literally academy city exists with it's mad science because he basically cast a spell of the archetypal concept of mad science on the location. Decrypting the book might literally cast a spell to modify the archetype of Christianity throughout the world so that it isn't a thing anymore.
>>
>>48615527
Holy shit, it's like a more religious version of SCP.
>>
>>48615544
>>48615527
>>48615543
Huh, fair enough. The More You Know.
>>
>>48615544
...Y'know I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable having gone to this place in my chain.
>>
File: wot.webm (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wot.webm
227KB, 1920x1080px
>>48615527
wat
>>
>>48615560
It's fucking great for those of us that know what we're getting into, because it means we can take advantage of the madness and devise ways to benefit from all the crazy shit.
>>
>>48615592
Isn't the series more about waifus though?
>>
>>48615592
>benefit

So far all I've seen is a bunch of isolated individuals with weird bullshit and a process that may or may not work even if you specifically minmax your chain to achieve it, and which would apparently still need a lot of convoluted mystic bullshit to be fully realised if Othinius is anything to go by.

No. This shit ain't worth it.
>>
>>48615560
I'll give you a tip for it, Crowly has got a keikaku*, and shit is going according to it. Just go along with whatever he's up to and you won't lose.

*keikaku means plan
>>
>>48615596
Not really. Touma just happens to always end up dealing with ridiculous bullshit because he wants to save people from their problems, and most of them just happen to be women. The ridiculous bullshit problems, and the people he's saving, that is.
>>
>>48615619
>tfw it turns out Crowley's Keikaku has been to lure a jumper to his world and take their place this whole time.
>>
>>48615607
There's more to index magic than Magic Gods.
>>
>>48612696
I'm always open for feedback. The color scheme has actually undergone change based on feedback. Much like the point system, the color scheme is a thematic choice reflective of the source material. I'm working on the drawbacks. Your not the only person to tell me that those need work, as I mentioned in my other recent post. Regarding perks, feel free to let me know what you'd like to see, as I was largely basing perks off of abilities, merits, and backgrounds from Ascension. I'm actually kinda shocked that anyone would want to take anything other than will working.

>>48615094
In Ascension terms, the only person forcing a jumper to follow a god would be the jumper herself, as she would be imposing that limitation upon herself. Further, it only helps or hinders her to the degree she truly believes it does.

If it really bothers you, you may ignore it. I quote the Mage developer's stance on rules in games in my note section. If you don't like something I do, change it to work for you.

You do you. :)

>>48615142
>>48615169

This is largely correct.

If the jumper is believes in benevolent, personal omni-God(s); then that can help.

If the jumper believes in a cruel and petty omni-God(s), or actively works against the will of a benevolent omni-God(s) she believes in; then this will hurt the jumper.

If the jumper believes in hands-off omni-God(s) that just lets people live their lives without interfering; then there is no effect.

If the jumper doesn't believe in omni-God(s), she doesn't take the perk and it has no effect.

It's required by believers because Ascension largely functions on belief. Strong beliefs, positive or negative, shape reality; and a core mechanic of Ascension is becoming Enlightened and shedding false beliefs.

I could have made an absolute statement about universal Truth (as an Arete 10 jumper should know the Truth). Instead, I left whether or not there is or isn't anything beyond us subject to the beliefs of the jumper.
>>
>>48615619
I remain with my original assumption:

That Raildex is all a self-insert - with Crowley as the Author.
>>
>>48615641
>tfw Crowley is a Jumper
>>
>>48615641
His end goal is actually simply to have an effect on the 'pure phase'.
>>
>>48615641
So far it seems his plan is to make his own heaven, with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>48615652
>change it to work for you.
Not how jumpchain works.
>>
>>48615676
You mean

>with blackjack and creepy space-skinned scary angel Misaka clones
>>
>>48615674
Aka he wants to stop new phases from existing and change the true foundation of reality, rather than layer another phase on top.
>>
>>48615284
> World War III: The Trigger
I mean, isn't that the scenario for anyone dumb enough to use WMDs at this point?
And the drawback says he is that dumb.
There'd be a massive retaliation, lines would get drawn in the sand, all kinds of shit. We had a whole Cold War over this.

And all because I find the alternative "boring".
Is this how Jump-chan feels?

>>48615328
Not gonna lie. I'm honestly expecting there to be so much fallout (HAH!) that it won't even matter.
In the ensuing clusterfuck I basically have full gratas to do whatever retarded jumper shit I feel like.

I'll probably stick with the army for as long as I can hack together a believable cover story for why shit just magically lines up for this weirdly immortal civilian woman, but I'm not exactly going full stealth here, and if it all falls apart, well, then I guess people will just have to deal with the sudden appearance of a robot overlord launching armies from the dark side of the moon while blasting prog rock.

At least I'll get first pick from the rubble piles.
>>
>>48615686
Yes, is that not how you have your hookers?
>>
Reminder that the Pure Phase is some even crazier shit than other raildex bullshit, because Aiwass, the Dragons, and the invisible thing, which are like the most absurd shit in the setting outside of Magic Gods, all are basically extraterrestrials from the Pure Phase.
>>
>>48615688
>he wants to prevent the world from constantly resetting

...he's Sans?
>>
Progress made, again

Soldier and Scientist perks done
now all I need is Doctor and Mechanic before I can go into gear
Would 100-200-400 be fine with gear?

alongside getting the Swordfish and a Battle Module for free plus paying 400-600 to keep her post-jump, discounted for Commanders and the Battle Module for Soldiers
>>
>>48615652
>I'm actually kinda shocked that anyone would want to take anything other than will working.
Yeeeeah, if you're making a jump to have one clear "correct" option then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>48615143
If that's what the jumper believes.

>>48615215
I think you are confusing the Savvy Drop In (an origin) and the Scourge (a perk).

Savvy Drop In is about how enlightened a jumper is.

The Scourge is about what the jumper believes. Further, said belief only matters if the jumper believes the omni-being she believes in would intercede in her will working.

>>48615282
The Scourge has nothing to do with Jump-Chan / the Benefactor unless you make it so. To date, I haven't written Jump-Chan / the Benefactor as an omnipotent entity, so my jumpers would not take the Scourge due to Jump-Chan's existence. Further, even if you wrote Jump-Chan / the Benefactor as an omnipotent entity, jumpers would have to believe that Jump-Chan would want to actively poke around in their will working for it to have any effect; which would only happen if the author writes the situation such.
>>
File: Evil Jumpers.jpg (85KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Jumpers.jpg
85KB, 600x500px
>>
>>48615813
Looks and sounds good, Digger.
>>
>>48615813
I have no idea what's going on but it all sounds good.

May I just say I...feel bad about bringing this up, but I think it deserves to be disproven if I'm wrong about it so-you know how human SOULs are the only equivalent source of DETERMINATION outside Undertale? What would happen if you used Plug 'n Play to substitute something vaguely soul-like and powerful like an S2 engine for a human SOUL, and plugged it into a machine designed to extract DETERMINATION? If someone has already asked this I'ma feel like an idiot
>>
>>48615143
To Be Fair.
Nothing says that Jump-chan Rules, Governs, or Protects anything.

Omnipotent? Maybe
Cares about our actions? Definitely.
>>
>>48615892
Is that you, Justice?
>>
>>48615285
So for next Thread. Where to next /JC?
>>
>>48615858

To a degree, I sympathize.

On the other hand, I'd be pretty shocked if someone wanted to jump into Harry Potter and not spend the majority of their points on magic stuff.
>>
>>48615915
>People can recognize my posting style
FUCK! I CAN'T SHITPOST IN ANONYMITY ANYMORE!
>>
>>48615916
Rollercoaster Tycoon.
>>
>>48615916
Soul Eater. I'm sure this time, your meeting with a Great Old One will go much smoother! NOT.
>>
>>48615933
You never could.
You just capitalize too many words.
I thought you were German and that English was your second or third language for the longest time.
>>
>>48615858

It is also worth noting that will working is the central focus of the Mage: the Ascension game, and makes up over 5400 CP worth of the jump.
>>
>>48615959
I know, I capitalize words to emphasize them. And I don't really give a fuck if people realize it's me shit posting, I just do it without the name to try and avert shit-storms.
>>
File: history.png (15KB, 487x127px) Image search: [Google]
history.png
15KB, 487x127px
>The first time salt was mentioned in /jc/ was in thread #23, my Marvel Anon, in the context of taking his pricing advice with a grain of salt because he made the Marvel items 'too good'
>Then again, used 3 times in thread 33, while talking about salt flats, due to their openness (to prevent running into things)
>Then in #43, once in the first context, and once talking about anyone being worth their salt be spoony.
>44, plants that grow in saltwater
>46, more saltwater bc devil fruit

Finally, the first time 'salt' has been said in context of someone being a salty ass bitch, was by none other than 40kAnon in thread 51, directed at an anon whom was posting 2 threads with timestamps. This is stupid and 40kanon isn't around anymore, so this one doesn't count.

>4 times in thread 58, in some nice writefagging.
>Once in #61, "rape our fields, burned our women and salted our houses"
>Twice in #81, about salting the earth
>Once in #83, word with a grain of salt
>Once in #86, about infinite salt container for supernatural (thanks stupid_dog)
>Twice in #104, word with grain of salt
>Once in #105, word with grain of salt
>4 in #108, salting and burning bodies in Lovecraft

And finally, on 9-6-14, at 11:59 PM, (thread 111) an anonymous poster, responding to somefaggit, pointing out that "Looking back has never gotten anyone anything but a bump on the noggin or transformed into a pillar of salt." due to a conversation about the bithreadly 'shitstorms' that occurred since QS left.

Truly historic.
>>
File: 140814_axestare.gif (2MB, 500x218px) Image search: [Google]
140814_axestare.gif
2MB, 500x218px
>>48616041
Huh.
>>
>>48615938
Alright!
>>48615945
Alright, I can do that world! Anti-Madness Wavelegth and such are awesome!
>>
>>48616041
/jc/ didn't invent the term salt. But I guess that is around the time it started getting popularized around the internet. So that is sort of interesting, yeah.
Thread posts: 708
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.