[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Characters You liked playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Cleric with tits nice.jpg (97KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
Cleric with tits nice.jpg
97KB, 600x802px
Hey /tg/ so my character in an onrunning campaign died at the end of the last session. He will be dearly missed. I am rerolling a new character and the party is in dire need of a healer, so I was going with the obvious choice of cleric.

However to make a long story short I've played a cleric 70% of my runs and need something to spice it up a bit, so if you guys could share your idea's or thoughts? Looking for something that isn't generic worship x god and heal people. May something that challenges the norm? Not exactly a lawful evil paladin or anything but just a bit spicier than usual.

Or I am open to other healer options with a a unique flavour,

Besides that just post characters you enjoyed playing/liked the idea of. Get a thread going.
>>
>>48602694
Crusader.
>>
>>48602694
System?Setting?Edition?Level?
>>
>>48603600
I tried that before. I was trying to take the lands by storm. Ended badly, the established religion hunted me down. Still was probably the best time I had as a cleric. The party got behind my revolution.
>>
>>48603648
He's talking about Lawful Evil Paladins. It's D&D 3.5.

>>48603662
Not Cleric. Crusader.
>>
>>48603648
>>48603679
Sorry I should have clarified. It's 5e, I am level 3 and it's just a generic dnd fantasy setting, homebrewed.
>>
>>48604001
Be a valor bard. Toot your horn for bonus's and wear armour and stab/bash things. While enjoy the bullshit that is your spell list
>>
I played a pretty fun cleric. She was a Teifling cleric for pathfinder. Specalized in getting others to do things for her. ( Could Grant extra actions and attacks)
Ran away from the wealthy and healthy family home because at 80 and still young she was tired of hearing she wasnt old enough to conqure the world. And how would they know? They where content with being Lords and Ladys.
Her Party Duty's where Healing. Crafting items and Support.
And while her job wasnt the most fun the RP was. Granted the other players ran with it. Coming from Poorer backgrounds and just as thirsty for some power and exsploration they signed up to be underlings and where rewarded for it.

Sadly 5e dosnt have much of a crafting system. Well GL
>>
>>48602694
My two favorites were a gestalted Alchemist-Soulknife tiefling who was neutral evil. Her charisma as 6, but her intelligence was 22, and she was the leader by default because she had a plan and basically verbally browbeat the fuck out of anyone who did not want to do what she wanted. They would cast Eagles Splendor on her to raise her charisma to 10 whenever they met NPCs they actually wanted to talk to, because otherwise she was a loud, shouty, foul mouthed bitch to everyone. One character convinced ehr to actually help some people. She said yes, and immediately started to plan how to kill the chaotic neutral (with evil tendencies) assimar cutie because my character liked her enough to actually change her mind about something, and that was a BAD THING in her book.

The other was A simple Gifted Soulknife Elan, who was neutral good, and stuck on the Tisle of Terror. He got eaten whole by monsters no less than five times, and always came out (literally, carved his way out killing the monsters) with apparently no damage (thanks to judicious use of Elan Resiliance, Body Adjustement, and close quarters bladeskills). He was aq genuinely good guy who just lived for adventure, and this was a grand one.
>>
I've always liked playing jerkass healers. Like back-alley clerics. They'll heal you allright, but you've got to bite something if you don't wanna scream, and they'll probably be very rude and dismissive the whole time. I knew someone who played healing magic not a a feel-good-everything-is-back-to-normal-thing but as a very painful rearrangement of the body.

As for characters I like... one of my players is currently playing a Social Justice Bariaur.
>>
>>48602694
Awhile back I played a Warforged monk by the name of Clarke, one of the first things he did after he and the rest of the party escaped an orc slave camp was gather a bunch of random plants and stuff to make a "hearty stew" in an effort to impress his new friends. It actually somehow ended up being rather good, and he eventually honed the recipe to the point that it had very mild healing properties and wound up selling it as an "herbal tea" was popular for a few decades later.
>>
File: tumblr_nfnacwt5SX1ricizno1_500.png (405KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfnacwt5SX1ricizno1_500.png
405KB, 500x450px
My two favourite characters ever were both elves, one was a bard archer and another one a favoured soul "chosen son" spiritually adopted by a godess, but all in all, I liked the firs one more
They were from online game, despite having a graphic engine it was RP heavy, regularly DMed and I actually experienced better RP and stories in in any "live" sessions there - maybe because it was for most part 100% serious and all the bullshit was cut out. There was small elven community that was on the fringes of the game server, tending to their matters in kind of gated society, no non-elves allowed, full of internal drama, relationships, good and bad, lot of "social" play between the actual adventures, which were actually motivated by something more than just mere "adventurers" - they fought for what they loved and believed in, not for cheap thrill and treasure. And while I didn't appreciate everything the GMs were doing, all in all it was all superb experience.
About the character itself, it was kind of elven supremacist, but moderate, preaching isolationism, cold distance and doing only what lays in "even interests" rather than mixing with other races for no reason. Bit aloof, bit arrogant aristocratic, bit romantic, all in all very elfy, at least in my book. Also bit reckless and fast to act for an elf, but only if something triggered him to actually care. I even written some poetry from his POV as part of the RP - most likely rather shitty, though I take some comfort in fact that other players who played bard/poet characters and published their creations did even way worse in most cases.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.