[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAGIC LORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 31

File: kaya ghost assassin.jpg (278KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
kaya ghost assassin.jpg
278KB, 750x750px
New planeswalker from today's story.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/kaya-ghost-assassin

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/laid-rest-2016-08-03
>>
>>48602013
we wuz planewalker n sheeit

where da white mana at
>>
Jesus Christ the pandering is more in your face than the new Ghostbusters movie.
>>
>Descended from nobility

WE
>>
Sheeeiiit.
>>
>>48602013

>A reckless black assassin wrecking chaos to a whole plane by killing a white king

SHE DINDU NUFFIN. SHE WAS TURNING HER LIFE AROUND, HELPING NOBLE CAUSES AND WORKING PART TIME!
>>
>>48602029
>"Indeed. And how shall I address you, Miss—?"

>"Kaya's fine."

>In fact, Kaya came from a noble line herself

LITERALLY WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEIT

Hahahahahaha Wizards you spineless bunch of faggots
>>
Cue hundreds of posts about how Wizards is sticking it to all the "racist haters" as if anyone actually gives a shit.
>>
>>48602013
Roland Deschain, the Gunslinger in search of the Dark Tower, is now black too you know.

Everything must pander to the minorities and females now.
>>
>>48602157

Did it ever mention his skin colour in the Dark Tower? It's been too long for me to remember either way.
>>
>>48602179
You mean aside from the fact he looked like Clint Eastwood and Odetta Holmes evil personal called him HONKY MA'FAH?

YEAH, SEVERAL TIMES.
>>
>>48602013
I don't get why this is bad in any way, and this is coming from someone who really didn't like the way they did Theros.
>>
File: Mistdarktower.png (93KB, 282x150px) Image search: [Google]
Mistdarktower.png
93KB, 282x150px
>>48602179

He's LITERALLY described as "Clint Eastwood"
>>
>>48602117
lol
>>
>>48602013
More liek Niggerwalker amirite?

>kaya-ghost-assassin
The only thing she ghost-assassinates is the lock on your bike.
>>
>>48602157
Beep beep! Here comes the diversity wagon!
>>
File: ghostface killah.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ghostface killah.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>48602013

She's the daughter of the purest bloodline of kangz
>>
>>48602205

Piercings+Modern Looking SJW type clothes+smug look+afro+PURPLE LIGHTSABER DAGGERS+WEWUZ background.

It's just a combination of too much that is obvious pandering. That's why /pol/ even memes about it.
>>
>>48602268

SJW clothes? It's a leather jerkin and pants. There's been a thousand rogues in D&D and D&D wannabes in the same outfit.
>>
I liked /tg/ better when it had imagination instead of off-board memes.
>>
>>48602295

It looks like boring urban street wear, opposed to the ridiculous magical outfits of the rest of the cast. Her hairstyle is also something very common nowadays and considered "progressive" and "empowering". If she was designed to be released last year she would have a sidecut, I'm sure.

They clearly went "let's make her very 'cosplayable', but making her look mundane looking" during meetings. Let's also add some piercings to giver her an "edgy" feel.
>>
>>48602013
Wow, this was really bad...
3/10
>>
>>48602295
Don't worry about him, he's just throwing around a catch-all term for literally anyone who doesn't look like the average /fa/ poster
>>
>piercings

So she is cool, right?
>>
>>48602344

Yeah but there is nothing about her outfit that would look remotely out of place on a D&D rogue in the past 20 years and she's basically 'Rogue: The planeswalker'.

The thing I'm more annoyed about is that it's almost certain she's going to be yet another blue planeswalker as basically only blue gets 'Sneaky shit' these days.
>>
>>48602344

>tfw there's like no cosplayable men besides jace
>>
>>48602179

If I remember correctly, Odetta explicitly stated that he was white.
>>
>>48602268
Piercings are not a modern invention, anon. It most likely pre-dates civilization. Those are not fucking "SJW clothes", what the fuck are you even talking about? "Smug look"? She's fucking smiling a little, maybe smirking, how sensitive can a pussy-ass bitch be? Did girls look at you like that when you asked them out in high school or something? What the fuck is weird with afros? It's a shit-old hairstyle, and traditionally associated with Africans, and now you're complaining that someone who in our world would be African sports it? What's even the complaint based on here? You're complaining about dumb shining magic things? For MtG art? Have you ever played MtG? "Even /pol/ memes about it," nigger fuck what, do you think that puts it in some kind of realm is seriousness as /pol/ only memes maturely about real issues or something?
>>
>>48602367
>The thing I'm more annoyed about is that it's almost certain she's going to be yet another blue planeswalker as basically only blue gets 'Sneaky shit' these days.

Don't you get how diversity works? You design the most progressive character possible and then make them utterly boring.
>>
Someone post the Twitter account of the "consultant", such blatant pandering.
>>
>>48602378

Thanks. As I said: I can't honestly remember. It's been years.
>>
>>48602381
>Piercings are not a modern invention, anon. It most likely pre-dates civilization. Those are not fucking "SJW clothes", what the fuck are you even talking about? "Smug look"? She's fucking smiling a little, maybe smirking, how sensitive can a pussy-ass bitch be? Did girls look at you like that when you asked them out in high school or something? What the fuck is weird with afros? It's a shit-old hairstyle, and traditionally associated with Africans, and now you're complaining that someone who in our world would be African sports it?

The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, anon.
>>
... Doesn't Lil also have blue blood?

And Ajani.

Gideon was a street urchin, right?
>>
>>48602391

The various parts being 'The assassin isn't dressed up like an explosion in a paint factory and looks vaguely African'?
>>
>>48602397

Yeah but Lil wasn't black so it's ok and doesn't let people use their meme.

...except she is black. Eh, anyway, not the black we are talking about.
>>
>>48602381
Lol u sound like a cuck haha kek kek kek kek :^)
>>
>>48602410

>Smug purple-bladed spunky African chick with a smug look and afro sporting piercings with a backstory about being noble and good
>From a plane that's supposed to be Renaissance Leonardo-tier Italy
>>
>>48602367
No way, she's definitely black. She's a fucking assassin.
>>
>>48602429
Based on =/= is. The sooner we understand this the better.
>>
>>48602429

I'm pretty sure you are jumping at shadows mate.

That and planes are not supposed to be literally given cultures/times from real life history.

She's also not really Good. Noble, yes but her title is literally 'Assassin' and she's basically a genocidal ghost racist.
>>
>>48602434

I'm guessing Blue/Black myself. They make a big deal about her being impossible to stop due to her phasing trick and that's basically 'Blue Rogues' in a nutshell.
>>
>>48602435
if based on =/= is then i hope kaladesh, based on india, has as many whites as european planes have diverse characters

equality and all that
>>
>>48602474

Have you not noticed Chandra, the iconic red planeswalker?

The one FROM Kaladesh?

She's white.
>>
>>48602474
How many white people did you see on Tarkir?

Face it, it's only European-based planes that are problematic. Look at the number of dark-skinned characters on Shadows over Innistrad versus Innistrad.
>>
File: 1462186226571.png (860KB, 841x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462186226571.png
860KB, 841x720px
>>48602013

>Everybody freaking out about SJW and pandering.
>I'm over here busting a gut that the new planeswalker shares a name with a local food spread.

If you guys have the chance, it is a very delicious thing, especially with toast and butter.
>>
>>48602514
That shit is awesome, and I'm not even from Singapore
>>
>>48602013
She has that, "Y'all Niggaz be craz-ay." look...

Im glad WotC is being progressive by giving us a strong female black stereotype.
Can they just have fun with it? Release another Unhinged or Unglued set, but with a 70's Blackspoitation theme?
I want to cast my "Ah hel Naw!" counterspell.
>>
>>48602474
well there's chandra and her dad at the very least
>>
>>48602499
There were actually a few cards with white people in the art. I think you're grasping at straw
>>
>>48602013
She looks like the main character of Three Parts Dead.

Awesome.
>>
>>48602547

That would never happen. Hasbro would never let them even touch on that. They'd be panned and profits would tank.

After all, Un-sets don't sell very well as they are not playable in magic proper.
>>
>>48602452
>That and planes are not supposed to be literally given cultures/times from real life history.

Is this why planes inspired by non-white cultures (like Egypt and Greece) are devoid of white characters, but planes inspired by white cultures have numerous examples of diverse characters?
>>
>>48602617

Have we had an Egypt set yet?
>>
>>48602547
youre an asshole
>>
>>48602636

>No Fun Allowed
>>
>>48602429
Oh no, a spunky and nice character for the Jacetice League? Modern MtG is ruined, I tell you.
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (17KB, 183x226px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
17KB, 183x226px
>>48602651

>WotC loves to pander to SJWs and has an open progressive agenda
>They make their big important super-league built around a white man
>>
>Sorin was killed off for this
>>
>>48602670
Money > Politics, anon.
>>
>literally female SJW Ghostbuster

When did meme magic got here?
>>
>Conspiracy
"WEA WAZ KANGZ N SHIET"

>Kaladesh
"Allahu Ackbar Mohammed Ackmed"

So what's the spring set gonna give us guys?
>>
>>48602670

Pretty much this >>48602737 . In time Wizards will do the Marvel shift, and have all their important character female, since "enfranchised nerds will still buy out shit anyway", to appeal to the female market beyond girlfriends and the 15% actual female player base.
>>
>>48602750

The winds of change are fickle, anon.
>>
>>48602617

Daxos of Meletis is at best 'Tanned'. He's pretty white.

The guys in Akroan Hoplite are super pale.

Observant Alseid is very white.
>>
>>48602157
It was more because they wanted Idris Elba than they wanted a black man (but a few studio suits probably got a half-chub at the thought of checking those boxes).
>>
>>48602801

What's going to happen in cinema when Idris finally retires or kicks the bucket?

He's like, 90% of the "good" black actor scene.
>>
>>48602493
To late to retcon her obviously. Back in 06/07 nobody cared if they were white.

Now they are doing everything they can to be diverse. If there was a way to make Chandra east Indian and have it make sense. They would.
>>
Anyway to contract her to go after Jace?
>>
>>48602843
Considering we knew nothing about kaladesh till Origins... you're full of shit.
>>
>>48602382
They're a sneaky black career criminal who's great at breaking into places.
Wow. So progressive.
>>
>>48602157
Honestly that's one of those cases where I don't care.
Idris is a fucking great actor and it really doesn't matter that much in the story.
>>
>>48602905

As I said, the people who create these characters typically focus on checking off the diversity boxes without realizing the character they're designing is shit or a flagrant stereotype.
>>
>>48602843

So:

>Kaladesh better have white characters or it's racist
>The single most important character from Kaladesh is white
>Yeah but that doesn't count because they'd have totally have made her not white if they could.
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>48602914
>Honestly that's one of those cases where I don't care.

Wait, so you'd care if it *wasn't* Idris Elba?
>>
>>48602914

Yeah. I can't think of too many actors that would do the job better, regardless of race. He's likely going to be great.
>>
People of color were once indeed monarchs
>>
>>48602955

No, he's saying that he doesn't care what race the actor is.

Context, it's important.
>>
>>48602899
No shit. Wizards didn't need to be progressive in 2006.

Characters were white males and it worked because that's the target demo.

Now there's more females and non whites than ever. All because liberal PC shit.

If they could redo Chandra now they would.
>>
>>48602974
they ARE monarchs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letsie_III_of_Lesotho
>>
>>48602982

So is there literally ever going to be a point where the anon would get upset at a white character being replaced with a black one?

Please, give me a scenario where they should be upset. Because the "it doesn't matter what race the actor is" is a statement that can apply to *literally every character out there.*

And it has been applied to literally every character out there, going by Black Lancelot and the clamoring for a black James Bond. Where's the line? What's the character that "needs" to be white?
>>
>>48603014

I'd say if it's a case where the race is very important to the character and his motivations. Like if you'd made Iago black in Othello (Outside the production where they deliberately made everyone EXCEPT Othello black and thus kept the themes going fine)
>>
>ghost hunting black girl descended from nobility noted for not standing on ceremony
>I immediately think of some kind of louisianna style "noble"
>this entire thread and all of its "WE WUZ" bs
I want /pol/ to go and stay go.
>>
>>48603063
>I'd say if it's a case where the race is very important to the character and his motivations.

There is literally not a single white character where their whiteness counts in media.

Often, the only thing that counts is their ethnicity and nationality, and since we've got black British or Muslim Germans, there's literally zero excuse to say a German character can't be gay or an Arthurian legend can't be black.
>>
>>48603075
>a
the thing is I see a lot more /pol/ on this board from magic players than anyone else.

Magic players confirmed tha/tg/uys?
>>
>>48603060

Well, James Bond has been played by scots and brits and england has a pretty non-zero black population. There isn't really any reason why a modern British superspy couldn't be a black british citizen.

Black Lancelot is a bit weirder when they could use one of the existing Arthurian knights that was Arabic or Black. Seriously, if they'd known Japan existed at the time they'd have added a Samurai to the round table to show how literally everyone wanted to be part of it.
>>
>>48602948
Nice strawman dude.
>>
File: 1441934873518.jpg (29KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
1441934873518.jpg
29KB, 600x379px
>>48602029
Came here to see how fast this was posted

Wasn't disappointed
>>
>>48603111

>There is literally not a single white character where their whiteness counts in media.

That counts for black too. 99% of the time when people say 'Black' they are talking about African Americans. It's not like Black Lives Matter is protesting the horribly high death rates of Aboriginal Australians in police custody.
>>
>>48603075
>I immediately think of some kind of louisianna style "noble"

You seem to speaking as if that idea isn't equally bad/prejudiced.
>>
>>48602914
My dad is a 67-year-old, blue-collar white guy, born and raised in Iowa, who's lived in Texas most of his life. He's pretty much at critical mass for 'average white American'. He was very excited when I told him about Elba and McConaughey being cast.

Frankly, I'm more concerned with how they'll treat the setting in general, based on promotional pictures they've released. We also know that the story is taking some very broad departures from the original from those.
But then again, because the nature of the story, we could simply consider it another circuit around the great wheel, part of a progression of 'true endings'.

Total digression: I was lucky enough to be able to read through the Dark Tower though my dad's collection of first editions he started buying as they came out, when he was in college. It felt poetic and powerful as all hell in the context of the story.
His copy of the Gunslinger was dry and aged yellow and smelled like old tobacco. It was all sort of perfect.
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15KB, 560x407px
>>48603121

So the answer is none?

Literally any European literary character can be given blackface or even turned into a woman?

>>48603148
>That counts for black too. 99% of the time when people say 'Black' they are talking about African Americans.

Good luck explaining to the media or society in general why you need to turn a black character into a white one.

You can make white characters black, you can *not* make black characters white.
>>
>>48602735
He's not dead lad, he's just had a rocky day
>>
>>48603111
>an Arthurian legend can't be black.
Historical accuracy, you flaming retard.
Black people were really fucking rare in england at that time if some legendary character was black we woulds know about it.
>>
>>48603167

>So the answer is none?

I literally mentioned having an issue with Lancelot when they have actually mentioned as black knights of the round table they could use.
>>
>>48603118
>Having a certain political point of view makes you thatguy.
Looks like we just found thatguy.
>>
>>48603167

>You can make white characters black, you can *not* make black characters white.

They did a production a while ago when they made Othello white. It got rave reviews for throwing a new spin on the old story.
>>
>>48603179

You said it was weird, you didn't say you have an issue.
>>
>>48603178

I don't think Historical Accuracy is really a hill to die on with Aurthurian stories. They are about as consistent across tellings as a random number generator.

That and 'Princes of Babylon' are also pretty rare in england but one of them was a knight of the round table.
>>
I'm the sweet planeswaler sistah with attitude that's gonna send you packing to your homeplane
>>
>>48602948

And given that Kaladesh is basically steam punk India setting tapping into the Era where the UK Empire owned that shit, not having the plane be cosmopolitian would be weird.

Sure, WotC is purposely using settings that support multi-ethnic populations, but why the fuck not?
>>
>>48602374
Get /fit/ and cosplay Gideon, anon.
>>
>>48603213
And he was fucking pointed out as being strange, if Lancelot was fucking black we would know.
>>
>>48603191
>They did a production a while ago when they made Othello white. It got rave reviews for throwing a new spin on the old story.

[Citation Needed]

When I looked up "White Othello" I got a Black Brit spitting venom at the idea Othello should be played by a white man, openly mocking the idea while saying how black actors need to continue pushing into traditionally white roles.
>>
>>48603156
>drawing from uncommon sources to flesh out settings is bad
prejudiced maybe, but it would shut up half of /pol/ which is all I really want at this point.
>>
File: magmaspray_by_guterrez-d7sytno.jpg (386KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
magmaspray_by_guterrez-d7sytno.jpg
386KB, 700x512px
>>48602013
>Half the thread is a fucking /pol/ show.
You know, I thought /tg/ was better than this.
I mean, it's not the first time wizards made a black ex-royal planeswalker.

Wow, so pandering. A black girl. You guys bitch about EVERYTHING nowadays.

Also, her mana color isn't going to be blue. She's probably the new WB planeswalker to replace Sorin.
>>
>>48602514
>>48602543
You guys just reminded me how EVERYONE back home will be making fun of her name.

"I cast Kaya toast."
"OK Boss, you wan kopi o kosong wif dat?"
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (3KB, 194x205px) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
3KB, 194x205px
>>48603274
>She's probably the new WB planeswalker to replace Sorin.

Hey, will you look at that.

The thing I've been talking about for half the thread.

White character getting replaced by a black one.
>>
>>48603238

Palamedes basically never gets a visual description. We only know that he's Babylonian because it mentions his father.

That and Lancelot is a mary sue addition that turned up super late to the tales anyway.
>>
>>48602764
Kaladesh is India you idiot.

>>48602617
I love how you guys can't decide if Greece is white or not.
>>
>>48603247

Look up Patrick Stewart as Othello.
>>
>>48603321
>Kaladesh is India you idiot.

Are you saying India isn't Muslim?

It's one of the original areas where Islam spread through peace and enlightenment.
>>
>>48603296
Sorin is a literally grey vampire with mutant eyes. He's beyond this human concept of race and color because he's practically a different species.
>>
>>48603321

Here's how it works:

People want to say that white characters are being replaced with black characters: Greeks are white.
People want to say that there are no white characters in a set: Greeks are not white.

It's pretty simple, all in all!
>>
>introduce a new walker already in innistrad
>don't do anything with her
>introduce another new walker
>because you have to focus on the Jacetice League for no reason, this one too, will be dumped into the trash.

Remember when we had a set, the actual plane mattered? Instead of, you know, five people not from the fucking plane.
>>
>>48603339

...that's a thought. Can you even use 'white character/black character' distinctions with non-humans?
>>
>>48603323
>Look up Patrick Stewart as Othello.

All I'm hearing is people love Patrick Stewart for his superstar status and are saying the Iago was disappointingly flat.

And I'm still getting people pissy about the concept of a white Othello.
>>
>>48603235

I don't like gideon
>>
>>48603347

I'm vaguely hopeful for the next set because for fucking finally one of the Jacetice league has personal stakes in the world rather than 'Yeah, I'm just sorta here'. It might actually make the story about the plane itself more.
>>
>>48603347
Well, she's coming in conspiracy, so she's getting treatment like that one other RU planeswalker, the thief guy. Where she'll be important because the jaestice friends aren't traveling to Fiora.

>>48603338
Oh I know, but most of them are Hindu at the moment iirc.
Besides, if it IS muslim, then it's some kind of good strain that just wants to industrialize and not fuck themselves up. And they're doing a good job, plumbing issues aside.

>>48603362
Not really, like if they replaced Nissa with an asian woman, it's 'They replaced Nissa with a human.'
Now, if they used Blacula Markov to replace Sorin, it's "They replaced the white vampire with the black vampire."
Species comes before color.
>>
>>48603338
>It's one of the original areas where Islam spread through peace and enlightenment.

But that's wrong though, Islam spread to India through war and conquest.

Same way it spread to Egypt. And the Arabian Peninsula, and Middle East, and Persia, and Turkey, and North Africa, and Spain.

If you think about it, most of Islam's spread was due to war.
>>
>>48603421
>Not really, like if they replaced Nissa with an asian woman, it's 'They replaced Nissa with a potentially likable character.'

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>48603362
>Can you even use 'white character/black character' distinctions with non-humans?

You can, as people make a big deal out of black hobbits or Asian Dwarves.
>>
>>48603441
>Anon's Joke
>Tumblr and /pol/'s sense of self importance
>
>
>
>Your head.

>>48603442
Nissa was more successful than most other planeswalkers in MTGs history. I honestly can't name a single walker that won harder than Nissa.
>>
>>48603441
Same with Christianity and any religion that isn't bhuddism.
>>
>>48603501

>Any religion that isn't Buddhism

...yeah, about that. Buddhism has some pretty violent times in it's past too.
>>
>>48603515
>it's past
it's doing some dodgy shit these days too
>>
Christianity is the only religion where there is an internal conflict with the use of violence.
>>
>>48603686

Well, that's going in the running for 'Most wrong thing on the internet'
>>
>>48603686
Not true. Buddhism has a mucg greater internal conflict about it.
>>
>>48603703
Additionally, its arguable even in Christianity. Jesus never condemns soldiers and tells his disciples to sell their cloak to buy a sword (for self-defense).

There's also absolutely nothing wrong with violence. Everyone is alright with the state doing it. Before 300 years ago (and less in other parts), the state was a religious institution.
>>
File: wheredemwhiteghostsat.png (2MB, 1308x834px) Image search: [Google]
wheredemwhiteghostsat.png
2MB, 1308x834px
>>48602013
>>
Does not look that bad, even if human planeswalkers are pretty stale. And hey, its not even the worst pandering they've done. SOI and EMN had a bunch of black people on the european folklore set, and every single one of them looks extremely out of place.
>>
>>48604578
>Not liking Blacula Markov
I mean it makes sense. Vampires were the cuckold meme before everyone got obsessed with interracial for whatever reason.
In fact, why aren't black people the vampires in more fantasy settings?
>>
>>48602013
Kelly Diggers you absolute hack.
>>
>>48602378
isnt there a whole dynamic between roland and odetta on race? like shes keeps calling him a honkey and hes doesnt really understand because hes not from our world or something? i sort of remember is being a large part of their characters interactions now thats just gonna be gone right?
>>
>>48602013
The worst part is that I probably wouldn't hate her so much if the fucking story wasn't so fucking terribly written.
>>
I wouldn't care about this if she didn't have a fucking afro. Like, fuck. Black people can have hair that isn't an afro or dreadlocks.
>>
man i just want old fantasy art back, just beefy dudes and chicks with giant knockers wearing nothing at all. i dont give a shit what color their skin is its fantasy after all they could have green skin.
>>
>>48605269
It's not an afro though. Granted it's more "natural" than usual, but an afro is actually pretty round. She just has big hair.
Besides, where's she supposed to get a perm in fantasy Italy?
>>
Why can't we just have Magic about cute girls doing cute things again?
>>
>>48602367

She's almost certainly a blue planeswalker. Blue is massively overrepresented in the color pie as far as 'walkers go, but it shows no signs of stopping.

I do have to say, though, I don't see how her look is pandering. She looks very much like the classic D&D rogue is usually described as dressing.

>>48603362

As Ajani is not a part of any of these discussions, I'm going to go with "no."

>>48604578

There were black people in the first Innistrad block, too, y'know.
>>
Fuck sake, another walker pandering to Humans.

There's never going to be an Aligator planeswalker is there.
>>
>>48605324
i dunno maybe use magic or something?
>>
>>48604650
Hey, I love blacula and that one guy from backwoods survivalists. Just saying, they fit Innistrad the same way a Marlon Brando look alike would fit Kamigawa.
Now that I think about it, shouldnt the humans of innistrad be super paranoid about anything that does not look like the average human?
>>
File: ftl195_cha.jpg (127KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ftl195_cha.jpg
127KB, 620x400px
>>48605401

Innistrad has a white majority population, but even in the first block it's not like there were zero non-white people in the setting. And as it's pretty fucking easy to tell vampires from humans at eye-level, I don't see where skin color would matter at all. The only other monsters that look like people are werewolves, and you can fucking tell when one of them is about to be a problem.
>>
>>48605401
>Now that I think about it, shouldnt the humans of innistrad be super paranoid about anything that does not look like the average human?
logically speaking, yes

but logic doesn't always get you the common man's dollar
>>
>>48605401
the way the world current is the average human isnt white or male, and is probably named muhammed li
>>
>>48605401
I suppose what throws it off is that Innistrad seems to have a small native blackish population somewhere on the plane. And it depends where you are. Kessig and Stensia humans are suspicious as fuck until you pass all the vampire/werewolf tests, and Kessig a bit after anyway, but Thraben and Gavony are a lot more accepting since you're another guy who can properly worship the angel of hope/pick up an axe and help fight against everything else.

Innistrad's in that area where you can't be too picky about who you're fighting alongside, so if they're not a vampire, werewolf, or fucking up your blessed sleep, then they're good enough.
>>
>>48605281
>>48605333
>>48605390
We're never going to have an Aligator knight rescuing princesses so they can go do cute things.
>>
File: Planet of the Apes.jpg (100KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Planet of the Apes.jpg
100KB, 768x432px
>>48603235

You'll need apeman-tier facial hair, first.
>>
>>48602429
>From a plane that's supposed to be Renaissance Leonardo-tier Italy

I don't think she's from Fiora.
>>
>>48602843
When she gets to kaladesh just might eat some indian, maybe a boy from her village she knew before planeswalking away.
>>
>>48605362
>She's almost certainly a blue planeswalker. Blue is massively overrepresented in the color pie as far as 'walkers go, but it shows no signs of stopping.

She accesses ghost magic. She's Black. Maybe Black/Blue, but I wouldn't be surprised if she were Orzhov, given her morality.
>>
>>48605555
A black population somewhere and not being picky with your allies makes a lot of sense, yes. A human is a human right? Probably not for long, they're on Innistrad after all, but whatever.
>>
>>48605626
Ya, it's mentioned she's from some other plane. Just traveling and taking jobs to exorcise ghost.
>>
You guys are seriously mad about a political assassin being black? Koth was black too, you know?
>>
>>48605718
Exactly. For all we know, she's from Muraganda and is actually a sentient, planeswalking piece of the Mimeoplasm.
>>
How do you guys feel about one-block walkers? Are they necessary lore-wise or gameplay-wise?
>>
>>48605765
I'm fine with 'em. It tosses in a curveball, lets them do things without shoehorning in another Gatewatch member. Also allows them to experiment.
>>
>>48605682

Innestrad has W/U spirit tribal, and those spirits are ghosty as fuck.
>>
>>48605765
I'd like them if they took more risks with them

But it's almost always another human (or a recolored human)
>>
>>48605912
My friend refuses to play Ajani or the new art Rhox because he hates animal people that aren't like Minotaurs or other beings from legend.

I imagine people like him are why we only get humans.
>>
>>48605868

I feel like planeswalkers should get at least 2 separate cards that represent them before they get buried completely, and some cards that use them in flavor text.

Venser and Goat guy manage to do it through having creatures that represent them not planeswalkers and being pretty plot relavent.

Kord hasn't been kilt and her story allows for a non DFC version of her.
>>
>>48605943
>My friend refuses to play Ajani or the new art Rhox because he hates animal people that aren't like Minotaurs or other beings from legend.
Have you told him that he's a fucking autistic piece of shit?
>>
>>48605906
Innistrad is "black aligned"
Which is basically a way of saying "Things that would be black everywhere else can also be another color here.
Spirits are usually the domain of white and black, just like Vampires usually aren't red.

She acts Orzhov, she assassinates ghosts and shit for proft, which is black, preforms exorcisms, and forces the spirits to basically pass on. Literally what Athreos does on Theros, plus seems to have morals, since no other color would have really cared that Nobleman killed his mom on nothing but moral grounds.
She's WB.
>>
>>48602013
Im fine with her backstory, i just hope she gets in over her head with this brago buisness and cabt go back to the high city ever again.
>>
>>48606010
I mean, he's fine otherwise. And I do more autistic things like make sure the color distribution of mana symbols in my deck is as even as possible, even when I could make the deck better.

Everyone has their quirks. Not liking certain bits of fluff doesn't make him bad.

Maybe he was raped by a sergal or something.
>>
>>48605682
>black walker
>actually being black
no, she'll be white or red
>>
>>48605390
It annoys me that while the Multiverse is filled with various races of all shapes and sizes, almost all of them are humanoid and from them, the majority are humans.
>>
>>48606095
We already have the red walker in Koth.
Plus the Blue walker in Teferi
Next we need Black to complete Grixis.
Unless you're trying to say America is black.
>>
>A confident, roguish duelist with a mysterious past

Reminder that someone was paid to write this
>>
>>48606137
Shes also a ghostbuster, you fucking bigot. Women can be ghostbusters now its 2016.
>>
>>48606137
That matters because?
Like, I'm actually curious. Chandra's a sassy firebender. Gideon is soldierman, Nissa's an elf. Jace is a dork. Liliana thinks she's a femme fatale.
Characters in stuff don't have to be Game of Thrones DEEP. They just have to capture interest. And it was an entertaining enough story. What are you expecting?
>>
>>48606129
Notice how they cut Ajani from the Lorwyn Five and replaced him with Gideon? And how Garruk BeastMode Wildspeaker became a dainty elf?

PW need to be fuckable. Daretti is the closest thing we've gotten to a monster pw in a while.
>>
>>48606010
Animal people is kinda dumb though.
I would like to have an Elemental, Kami and an Angel Planeswalker.
>>
>>48606297
Spirits and such can't become planeswalkers. You have to be born, and none of those, save lorwyn flamekin, are really born.
>>
>>48606330
That didn't stopped Ob Nixilis.
We only need some dumh expla.nation
>>
>>48602013
>ghostbuster confirmed
Does bustin make her feel good though guys? She didnt really seem to enjoy it.
>>
>>48606129
I agree. It would be interesting to see more planeswalkers from some of the more unique races, like Tamiyo. Or a classic race, like an ogre, why not. Anything besides fucking humans would be a nice change of pace.
Hell, they can crazy and put a big dumb sapient T-rex from muraganda as a planeswalker. I dont even care
>>
>>48606385
Ob is a human with a curse. In theory a human with a blessing could be the angelwalker.
>>
>>48606416
Youre describing the return of garruk with that trex walker.
>>
>>48606416
>a big dumb sapient T-rex from muraganda as a planeswalker
That would be amazing. Which is why it'll never happen.

There has to be at least some sentinent non-humanoud races who happens to get a spark in the Multiverse. I'll even take a Sphinx Planeswalker which may be one of the more boring races (in my opinion), but it'll be an improvement.
>>
why are so many of the planeswalkers so lame

whoa hey I'm a generic hip young person zao-diddly look at my ugly retarded human face and caricature personality zwaow-shazam do you want to purchase boosters yet
>>
>>48602205
she looks like a character from an awful cheap 90's fantasy/sci-fi tv show like xena or something

when I started playing magic I was promised wizards and skeletons and dragons and shit, not female-targeted young adult novel protagonists
>>
File: phyrexian.jpg (148KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian.jpg
148KB, 640x468px
>>48606621
Flesh was a mistake
>>
>>48602434
>No way, she's definitely black.
That'd be too on the nose. She'll be blue.
>>
>>48602157
>females
>pander

They're 50% of the population, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>48602179
>>48602378
I'm pretty sure neither of you have read the books, since O/Detta's part in the Civil Rights marches/riots and Roland being white arre very important parts of both of their stories.
>>
>>48606762
And less than 5% of the mtg community you faggot.
>>
>>48606816
>Pulling statistics out of your ass.
Besides, that's still a huge untapped market. No business doesn't want to expand. That's not pandering, that's not being an idiot.
>>
>>48606765
I'm not sure I would say Roland being white is important for their relationship
What's important is the hatred she has for him, and the juxtaposition of her personalities with her life and her station in life.
Swap her out for a white woman who calls him an uppity nigger instead and the animosity is preserved, and can even stronger get across the "nuttier than a fruitcake" vibe to modern audiences.

In the context of the book that would preclude some important scenes from her past playing out as they did, which obviously informs a lot about her--but for the purposes of a film it wouldn't *necessarily* impact much outside of the obvious stuff that you invert to go along with it.

Oh! Better solution, can't believe I almost overlooked it. Have her still be black and call him an Uncle Tom and a race traitor, and do shit like imply that he's Eddie's slave. That way you could leave her as is just fine, and the intense elements jibe with him being black.
>>
>>48602013
KANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZKANGZDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDUDINDURACISMRACISMRACISMRACISMRACISMRACISMBAITBAITBAITBAITBAITKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJWSJW
>>
>>48606330
Karn wasn't born and he was given a spark. Then he lost it to Phyrexians and someone gave him another one. Somebody could give an angel/elemental/spirit/whatever a spark.

>>48606416
>a big dumb sapient T-rex from muraganda as a planeswalker
Holy shit do this.
>>
File: Dudin'.jpg (84KB, 418x575px) Image search: [Google]
Dudin'.jpg
84KB, 418x575px
>>48607110
>DUDIN'
Sound's like forced slang from the 1980s. Like to try and sell soda to radical doods.
>>
File: Kitten.jpg (304KB, 974x1178px) Image search: [Google]
Kitten.jpg
304KB, 974x1178px
Infinite planes and possibilities, new plainswalker is a magic human lady. When do we get something new?
>>
File: image.png (8MB, 2048x1536px)
image.png
8MB, 2048x1536px
>>48606621
To make the good ones seem even better
>>
>>48607234
After we get more races that need more pandering and a gender fluid
>>
>>48607273
Like Ashiok?
>>
>>48607293

What's wrong with Ashiok? It's a creepy nightmare-thingy.
>>
File: download.jpg (233KB, 580x347px)
download.jpg
233KB, 580x347px
>>48602013

>mfw the event that ignited her spark was seeing her father murdered in cold blood by the police
>>
>>48607273
So I'm more likely to see a pan-trans-horsekin than a literal catfolk?
>>
>>48607315

No, he's genderless transqueer positive.
>>
>>48607336
*mother

father never mentioned.
>>
>>48607293
Don't think it's a fluid, just a LITERALLY genderless being
>>
>>48602801
...really? Idris Elba again?

look, I like him. I think he's a fun actor and he does the gruff but personable thing very well but if they wanted a black actor there are other black people.
>>
>>48607351

It's a decaying corpse of something that once might have been human wrapped around a malevolent psychic shadow-thingy. Calm your tits, man.
>>
>>48606266
>Implying Garruk isn't fuckable
>>
>>48607390
>something that once might have been human
So yeah, literally a transqueer.
>>
>>48607432

You must be real fun at parties.

Ashiok's not a "they," it's not some random new pronoun, and it's certainly not meant as positive representation of anything.

It's a spooky shadow-thingy. You sound like you're reading way too much into the spooky shadow-thingy having girly nails.
>>
>>48602636
>I can't believe people are being rude on 4chan
>>
File: Phyrexian perfection.jpg (110KB, 1206x760px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian perfection.jpg
110KB, 1206x760px
Reminder
>>
>>48607482
Yeah, Ashiok is genderless not because it's a xir with their own Tumblr page, it's genderless because it's an avatar for the will of an ancient, twisted master of nightmares.
>>
File: 1455458972227.jpg (15KB, 454x417px)
1455458972227.jpg
15KB, 454x417px
I'm sick of all this planeswalkers bullshit, can't we have a set with a story about a plane that holds itself together? Compelling characters that we would only see again if we come back to that particular plane for example. There are some, but not enough imo.
>>
>>48607563
Does it matter though? He was still created solely to please the tumblr crowd.
>>
File: 1422562400127.png (515KB, 719x693px)
1422562400127.png
515KB, 719x693px
Man, who gives a shit if it pleases Tumblr or not, it's a fucking card.
>>
>>48607654
Source?
>>
>all these triggered /pol/lacks

cri maor faggots.
>>
File: selfiestick.jpg (78KB, 567x564px)
selfiestick.jpg
78KB, 567x564px
>another black woman
>>
>>48607589
> can't we have a set with a story about a plane that holds itself together?
Literally no.
>>
I'm gonna say it.

I can't not say it.

Magic is fantasy and fantasy worlds where there are manifold races. You think in a fantasy world with 20 races that BLACK PEOPLE are the most shit on? No, its fucking goblins or some verminrace.

You want to talk about fairness?

Skeletons nigga.

Skeletons get NO FUCKING LOVE.

Zombies get all the love. Zombies get all the cards.

Skeletons are like barely tribal-able.

Skeleton planeswalker WHEN wizards?

Fucking when?!
>>
>"Muh SJW boogeyman!!"

I hope you /pol/smokers realize that going around spewing this level of retardation will only cause people to react by shoving even more racial diversity in your games, and in the most ham-fisted ways imaginable.

Is /pol/ secretly a libertarian organization trying to socially engineer more positive attitudes toward civil rights issues? Because that's the only thing they're actually accomplishing with their "redpilled" nonsense.
>>
>>48608267
Never because THE CHINESE MARKET + "its not relatable and everything has to be relatable because relatability is THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVER MATTERED" probably
>>
>>48608298

wtf I hate /tg/ now. thank you for Correcting The Record(c).
>>
The sad part is that if the new PW was white or asian, the people complaining would be fighting over who gets to claim her first as "muh QT waifu".
Whi/tg/uys just don't like black women.
>>
>>48608267
Mah!

Fucking!

Niggah!

I wish I had an image to give you. I love you!
>>
>>48604507
Top kek
>>
>>48607351
>mfw he identifies as a proton
>>
Still no blonde walker.
Or even blonde characters except angels and that bitch from Innistrad.
>>
>>48609521
Ajani is blonde...kinda...sorta...
>>
>>48609521
You know, other than all of the old ones.
>>
>>48608267
>Skeleton planeswalker WHEN wizards?
Every planeswalker is a skeleton, depending on how you look at things.
>>
File: ashiok.jpg (716KB, 1000x1642px)
ashiok.jpg
716KB, 1000x1642px
Ashiok is the first Trans planeswalker.

S/He gives me the fucking hots ans s/hes fun to use.
>>
>>48609566
As in a card.
>>
>>48602130
Given the few posts above yours and the hundreds below, clearly someone gives a shit.
>>
>>48603296
no a white/black character is being replaced by a white/black character
>>
>>48608267
Sounds like you have a bone to pick.
>>
>>48606816
Try 38%, fag. Fuck off.
>>
I don't think any of this is pandering. It's just creative.

I do think Wizards needs to fire their entire writing team and hire people who can write prose above a fanction.net level
>>
>>48603159
McConaughey could have been Roland though. Because the fact he's white is actually quite important in the subsequent character interactions. Odetta would be so less appealing without her willingness to be fucking irritating to her mentor.

I should probably order the complete series in English. Fucking Blaine, man.
>>
>>48609557

He's albino
>>
The amount of white and nerdy tears of frustration in this thread delight me.
>>
>>48609590
Ashiok isn't trans, Alesha is somewhat but I think it's subsumed by the whole 'gonna fucking murder you, take all your stuff, set you on fire, and then only start raping you' thing she had going on.
>>
>>48609008
I'm just shiting on her because she is a human. I will shit on any human, regardless of race, gender or creed. Worst species on MTG
>>
>>48606059

The issue there is that she ALSO acts very blue. She's a smug rogue who is notable for being uncatchable because she can phase through stuff. Unblockable is firmly in Blue's court along with most rogue stuff.

Who knows, maybe she'll be tri-colour?
>>
>>48606137

>A character fits into a long established archetype.

Archtypes are used for a reason, they are an effective shorthand to get people quickly into a character.
>>
>character who can planeswalk into the afterlife introduced
>/tg/ focuses on WE shitposting instead of the interesting skillset
>>
Love the idea for this character, and a great way to do a black aligned protagonist (?). I don't know if I'd like her to be white or blue more. I can't seem to explain her morality in a way that makes sense in lack or blue (though her planeswalker profile makes her feel purely black and possibly blue, since there is no hint of her issues she had in the story). I know black can have vengeful spirits so maybe something to do with that. I feel like I don't want another WB PW when I kind of feel Elspeth is set up for it and that was the whole reason they incapacitated Sorin. And UB protagonist is great and a box I'd like to see then check.

I can already envision swirling ideas for Innistrad 3 with her.
>>
So I assume that's it for Eldritch Moon stories then? No epilogue for all the non-Planeswalker characters?
>>
another topic ruined by /pol/

sigh
>>
>>48602117
She's probably just a pawn to marchesa desu
>>
>>48602367

Her spells were described as black in the UR, and I sure hope so, we need a black walker that is not a complete piece of shit
>>
>>48602013
BLACK MANA MATTERS
>>
>>48613842
The whole Theros, post-Theros set up is very against BW Elspeth, mostly because of Dack Fayden he's already in the underworld looking for her. Not that he knows it. And the keeping up said she's become even more set in her ways after dying and refuses to put on the mask or go back on anything she's done.
>>
>>48605988

Venser also had a non-walker card and some other cards with his flavor text
>>
>>48606330

>flamekin planeswalker as iconic red
>we got chandra
>>
>>48607143

Karn was not born, but he's in a pretty uncertain position due to being a machine with a soul, and by being the Legacy
Urza was mad as a hatter but was good at what he did
>>
>>48611108

However she explicitly states that her "phase shift" is a kind of wraithform, to the point that she stops breathing. Sounds very black
>>
>>48602013
How come Tezzeret doesn't elicit responses like this?
>>
>>48615476
Because he's poor as shit and struggled his way to everything he has now.
>>
>>48615499
I mean, everything he has now is still sort of shit.
>>
Isn't this the first black planeswalker since Koth? Who gives a shit?
>>
>>48611108
Actually, black kind of loves it to. It's blue at times, black at others. Hence stuff like ninjutsu and skulk, fear, and intimidate all going mostly through black

Rogue's are also black, especially since she's the assassin type of rogue.
>>
>>48615506
Well we really don't know what's going on with him now, cause he was the temporary overlord of Esper because he could make Ethrium but Bolas took that away. And then he was one of the most powerful Steel Thanes on Mirrodin but Norn took that away. But he gained power but it was always taken by someone better. I hope he's in Kaladesh.
>>
>>48615556
>I hope he's in Kaladesh.
You have no idea, my nigga. I only have three hopes for Kaladesh, none of which are terribly likely:

>Urban artificer elves
>Tezzeret
>The villains win
>>
>>48615556
>We encounter Tezzeret on Kaladesh just drunk and staring angrily at the rest of the inventor fair because everyone keeps not letting him have anything.
>He starts the aether revolt at the end to try and take over and is casually defeated.
>>
>>48615580
Nonononono, He wins the fair or something equally stupid. But he's called a cheater because he knows actual magic and starts the aether revolt to prove that even if everyone else has magic he'd still be the best. He loses everything because life is suffering for Tezzeret.
>>
>>48602179
It's actually a somewhat important plot point that dictates his interactions with another character.
>>
>>48602013

The real problem here has nothing to do with race or pandering or whatever, it has to do with how young and cool all the new Planeswalkers are. Even the "ancient" ones still look like twenty-somethings that get more pussy than I do (as if the bar were particularly high, but still). Looking at you, Sorin.

I want my god damn WIZARDS back, Wizards!
>>
>>48603274
>She's probably the new WB planeswalker to replace Sorin.

See now Anon I wasn't mad before...
>>
File: lava.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lava.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>48603274
>I mean, it's not the first time wizards made a black ex-royal planeswalker.
The difference is Koth isn't pandering, he's just angry lava dude. His skin color is part of his lava-dude color scheme.

Kaya just looks like some generic hipster you could find anywhere. Her defining visual features are that she's black and smug. I can find three of her within ten minutes on any college campus in America and I won't even have to look hard.
>>
>>48615926
Making a normalish looking planeswalker isn't pandering. That's like saying Jace is pandering, or Chandra, or hell Elspeth is pandering to all those white women who want to be seen as "super strong and tough and pretty warriors!!!"
Is Elspeth pandering? Just because she's black doesn't make it pandering. Attention wasn't even drawn to it in story. She just IS. She's a good ghost fighter. She didn't win because she's some sassy black mammajamma.
>>
>>48615962
The hip new planeswalkers absolutely are pandering. They weren't back when they actually looked vaguely like wizards, but now Jace looks like the some faggot who makes coffee at Starbucks.

>Just because she's black doesn't make it pandering.
If they weren't doing it to pander they wouldn't have made her look exactly like a 21st century sassy black mammajamma.
>>
>>48615962
It's not just normalish, it looks like they literally took a sassy black woman off the streets of San Francisco and told her to pose for MTG art, and maybe added some sweet belts to the coat.

The takeaway here is that Koth looks like a wizard first and everything else second, which is how it should be in a game about powerful wizards doing powerful wizard things. Shaneequa here does not look like a wizard at all if you take away her glowing knife.
>>
>>48616184
Then don't take away the knife? I don't understand the problem here, as long as she's not as bad as Nissa she can be whatever she wants.
>>
File: THIS WHOLE FUCKING THREAD.webm (3MB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
THIS WHOLE FUCKING THREAD.webm
3MB, 960x404px
>>48602013
>>
>>48616212
I think the point that anon is trying to make is that when you say wizard you expect something more unusual, gender and skin tone aside. Planeswalkers are supposed to be more powerful than your average wizard and should have a more unusual garb from their various plane hopping. Yet this one looks too familiar to us so the look falls flat. Basically there is an expectation that wizards should look wizard-like which leans more on the eccentric and unusual end of the spectrum
>>
>>48616301
Oh, wow you're right every other planeswalker has something that makes them stand out from the crowd but she just blends in. I guess as an assassin that makes sense but we've seen nothing of her doing actual stealth stuff yet.
>>
>>48603643
>implying preemptively blowing up terrorists is "dodgy"

>>48607293
Ashiok is agender u cishet

>>48615962
Jace is pandering, though. He's pandering to boring faggots that want to self insert as le generic smart goy.
>>
>>48616427
I thought Ashiok was whatever scares you the most right now?
>>
>>48616441
Yeah, but that doesn't really need a pickle nor a china, does it? Ashiok is just some weird nightmare being that just is.
>>
It's nice when things are predictable. I saw the article on Wizards, read the story, and pondered the picture. "She looks a little too straight up modern black girl and not Magic the Gathering enough," I thought. "/tg/ is going to absolutely shit the bed over this," I thought next.

It's a comforting feeling when things happen the way you're sure they will.
>>
>>48616590
I know right. Of course the flaws are obvious.

Check out
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/744122-new-planeswalker-kaya-ghost-assassin
for some fansite reactions. It's pretty luke-warm even from there. Compare the Saheeli Rai unveiling, which had a much more positive reaction.
>>
>>48615962
>Making a normalish looking planeswalker isn't pandering.
It's extremely pandering, to the soulless retards who only like generic humans. You say normalish, but look at magic, it's nowhere near normalish. There's skeletons and weirds and elementals and sphinxes and myr and thrulls and everything, but almost all planeswalkers have to be "hip" and "with it".
>>
>>48603338
>>48603421
Neither of yall know shit about india's history. Muslims and Hindus both fucked that whole area up ROYALLY. Neither was peaceful and they both blamed the west when it came to help.
>>
I want an old person as a planeswalker. Like some gandalf looking motherfucker who doesn't take shit from anyone but has a softspot for kids and fireflies and walks around with his staff messing with stuff because he can and mindfucking those who deserve it with his years of wisdom and cleverness. Basically, I want them to do Sorin correctly.
>>
Kaya could be the first Esper Planeswalker.
>>
>>48602416
WE WUZ DREDGE.
WER DE FLAMEKIN AT?!
>>
>>48616900
And another thing Tezzeret loses.
>>
>>48616739
>but almost all planeswalkers have to be "hip" and "with it".
you know what's sad?

No old wizard planeswalkers. No old wizard characters, All the existing oldwalkers have convenient reasons to look young and attractive, too.
>>
>>48616926
Arlin looks like she's in the MILF range, closing in on GILF territory.
>>
>>48616926
I mean he's not an old wizard but Ajani keeps talking about how he's slowing down in his age. So he's on his way there.
>>
>>48605619
Amazingly I have the same facial hair.
>>
>>48616338
Now to take it one step further and explain why people see it as pandering. Continuing from>>48616301. Without any really defining wizard imagery, what else is there to look at? Any rouge could past a certain skill level can get magical daggers that glow. More importantly however, is where the image draws your eyes. The scenery is not highly detailed so all that here is to look at is the character. Further more, you are naturally drawn to look at someone's face, which is a rather normal looking face, nothing about it is very telling about her aside from female and black. Her hair is just kind of there, personally I don't see how having your hair sticking out like that is helpful for an assassin, but hey it's fantasy land so whatever goes. Next her clothing, it's just a leather jacket, some simple pants and two glowing daggers with wrist straps. The clothing looks clost enough to modern, so that doesn't help with much either. The daggers don't seem useful for a stealthy take down , nor are they hidden, so again not really sure what she is. Her pose? Casually leaning against a wall, nothing of note there. So what do we have with all of this to define this planeswalker, a named character that has some important role in the plot of this block, she is a woman, black, and has a pair of glowing daggers, that's it. People's irritation with her has more to do with her only visually defining traits tell nothing more than gender and race which can only mean that it's aimed at a specific group for exactly those reasons.

TL;DR wizards wants to sell us cards, and this one is supposed to be important, but the only important things they seem to be showing us is rather bland and undefined. Yet all their actions have to have a reason behind it to make money and attract people to their products so for what other purpose would there be a character who's only defining features are gender and skin tone be than to directly appeal to a singular group that desires those traits?
>>
>>48617013
get a haircut you hippy
>>
>>48617021
I need it for the play I'm in faggot.
>>
>>48603274
>WB

Since her features are a bit Caucasoid, White/Black sounds more fitting than it should.
>>
>>48617036
well maybe it's a sign you should ditch that jamboree and go to a football game
>>
>>48603501
But Christianity didn't expand by violence for at least the first three centuries.
>>
>>48617020

SHE KILLS FUCKING GHOST FOR FUCKS SAKE

YOU FUCKTARD DID NOT EVEN READ THE FUCKING UR GODDAMIT

WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE NEED STEALTH WHEN CHASING GHOSTS

SHE COULD BE SWAPPED WITH A MALE WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CHANGING IN THE STORY

SHE HAS A NORMAL FACE, WHAT DID U WANT, LASER EYES?

HER CLOTHES ARE PLAIN, WELL, NICE FUCKING THING SHERLOCK, ONE SURE GOES AROUND DOING EXORCISM IN A FANCY DRESS

IT'S A NEWLY RELEASED CHARACTER WHICH FOR ONCE IS NOT PRESENTED AT US AS THE SUPER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE OF THE WEEK AND YOU STILL MANAGE TO FLAME

FUCKING HELL I MISS CHANDERE IN THESE THREADS,THAT WAS AN EVIL YOU KNEW
>>
>>48617069
I play rugby... I'm not good but I play. I actually looked for some Gideon cosplay but they are all shit.
>>
>>48617091
But Priests do exorcisms in fancy dresses all the time.
>>
>>48617110
whoah shut up you bigot, lateesha brown, professional ghostkiller is the best character wizard's of the coast has ever created
>>
>>48609590
Is it trans? Or just gender as yet unknown?
>>
>>48615345
>And the keeping up said she's become even more set in her ways after dying and refuses to put on the mask or go back on anything she's done.
I can kind of respect that mindset.

Is it her fault she's down there? Kinda, yea, in a way. Does she regret any of her actions, even if they caused her pain and death? No. She made her bed, and now she'll lie in it.
>>
>>48617091
Doesn't that just further add to the point? How in the fuck can you tell she kills ghosts aside from reading the UR. Most players don't read the fluff anyways
>>
>>48602013
> Second black planeswalker
> literally a dindu nuffin we wuz kangz that'll get cuckced and forgotten in an instant
Wizards of the Coast truly are our greatest ally against the blacks
>>
>>48607007
I'd preferUncle Ruckus Detta
>>
>>48617535
Like being dead is her finally getting what she wanted, she doesn't have to fight anymore even though she's really fucking good at it.
Dack Faydens going to ruin her happiness but it needs to happen for the sake of the multiverse.
>>
>>48602547
Screw it, I want a disco plane now, Gideon dressed like John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever and Kaya like a Misty Knight
>>
>>48615345
Source for this?
>>
>>48616730
>Even on a shitty mtg forum the response is mixed at best and things degenerated into a race related "flame war" that ended up killing the thread
That was the tamest flame war I've seen in years, but still. O I am laffin.
>>
>>48617582
Perhaps a symbol showing that she opposed ghosts, barring them from residence in material plane. Something like a large red barricade blocking them, or maybe a sacred circle.
>>
>>48619095
She needs to display a symbol of religious authority that also could be interpreted as implying a danger of death. Like, say, a cross. People used to die on crosses all the time. So a cross, but it needs to be badass and needs to pop visually. Let's set it on fire. Yes, the black girl needs to wear a burning cross. That makes sense and could never ever be misinterpreted.
>>
>>48619070
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19
>>
>>48609590

'No gender' is not trans. Every shapeshifter in magic is technically trans, and they already did the 'I'm a boy, no wait I'm a girl' with Volrath.
>>
File: Moon-Girl-Marvel-Comics-1 (1).jpg (53KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
Moon-Girl-Marvel-Comics-1 (1).jpg
53KB, 800x451px
All that damage control.
We all knew this was going to happen since that article on Forbes clarified their marketing intentions.
"Why not a black woman on FOW?"
Let's make a stronk female character!
You know why you can't tell /pol/ to go?
Because this character is more /pol/ related than /tg/ related. It's solo objective is to empower black women and piss off racists. It's literally pushed agenda.
>>
>>48619442
>more /pol/ than /tg/
But it's a fictional character. For a card game.
>>
>>48602157
Black, white... who the fuck cares? Are you that hung up on race?
>>
>>48619651
Yeah, who's concept is purely political.
Everything about her story screams Social Agenda.
She's the embodyment of everything that is wrong with /tg/ related midia.
Hell, she's not even fat. It's like they made it pn purpose to completely miss their audience minority.
>>
>>48619442
Yeah no. /tg/ doesn't mind when a character passes the Furiosa-test.
>>
>>48618917
I would play this.

Bee Gees Planeswalker when?
>>
>>48621001
WTF is even a Furiosa Test?
Holy shit if I had a cent for every smelly sjw made up slang I would buy all the thrump towers with cash exchange
>>
>>48603238
To be fair, a lot of versions of Lancelot have an element of "this guy doesn't fit in", where he has a hard time really gelling with the other knights at first, so I could see how a racial element underpinning that could be interesting.
>>
>>48616184
>Shaneequa here does not look like a wizard at all
No shit, she's a rogue and an assassin in fantasy italy so she's wearing a leather coat.
Rogue's aren't supposed to be the most obvious thing.
>>
>>48602367
she's gonna be a b/w planeswalker to replace sorin
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.