[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clerics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: CEaNDO0WEAApq0L.jpg (39KB, 599x566px) Image search: [Google]
CEaNDO0WEAApq0L.jpg
39KB, 599x566px
I get how Clerics broke 3.5, but I don't really see how they broke pathfinder. It makes no sense.

On top of getting their divine metamagic and persist spells ripped straight out of their hands, they still have to prepare for everything with almost even more foresight as to what the hell they're even going to go up against.

Just how exactly are clerics OP in pathfinder?
>>
>>48601194
Don't they have the ability to heal everything within 30 ft like 8 times a day?
>>
>>48601194
>pic not related
Uh, besides the fact that they're a full caster with 2/3 BAB?
Also, depending on your deity, you can take Feather Domain and get a fucking fly speed at first level on a non-LA race.
>>48601201
3+CHA mod times. It's not particularly excellent.
>>
>>48601270
5th level and you have a 12 for charisma so 4x a day for 3d6 positive energy to smash undead with or just heal a whole camp of soldiers with it (assuming they squish together).
>>
>>48601201

>Healing
>OP

A truly broken class won't let it get to that point.
>>
>>48601194
Don't forget that they lost heavy armor proficiency!

They're still full casters with a wide variety of save or die, save or lose, remove condition, and mobility spells, on top of their medium armor proficiency, d8, no arcane spell failure, two good saves, the bad save being the one that mostly doesn't contain save or lose.
>>
>>48601270
Yes. That really isn't all that broken. Not like 3.5 where they can fight even better than a fighter or barb with spells, persist, shape spells, and fuck shit up.

They can buff themselves to the teeth, throw down a shaped Anti Magic field along with a fuck ton of other persisted spells and destroy casters while at the same time being able to whip any melee build that isn't another caster.
>>
>>48601312
You want to know why they put that in?
So clerics would stop complaining about 'wasting' spells to heal the other members of the party.
>>48601341
Not as much does not mean not at all. It's like Aarakocra in 5e. I mean, it's not COMPLETELY game-breaking, but it's going to make things much harder to be challenge everyone at least moderately equally, especially when there's a player that knows how to bring out its maximum potential.
>>
>>48601194
They are full casters. If you can't figure out how to break the game with a full caster then you should probably play one.
>>
>>48601335
This. They are still pretty broke if they want to, they don't just get to be a better fighter than the fighter on top of it without actually building that way.
>>
>>48601201
It heals everything caught in the radius, enemies too. Feat tax for selective channel.

>>48601270
Fly skill, actually. You don't get to fly without means of to do so, so it's largely useless.

>>48601479
Yeah, you pretty much give up every channel you have, lack the HD to skirmish effectively, and med arm is shit.
>>
>>48602684
One feat? That's Piss easy to cheat out with some kind of metamagic rod or some shit clerics and wizards get.
>>
>>48602722
You can't apply metamagic to a clerical channel, it's not a spell.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.