[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/chs/ - Chess General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ChessStartingPosition.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ChessStartingPosition.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
Post anything chess-related. Need substance for the OP post, if people are willing to provide.

www.lichess.org
www.chess.com
>>
>>48598336
I cant break 1200. What do I need to do.
>>
>>48600465
Play more
>>
>>48600465
Learn openings, don't fuck up too hard, wait for your opponent to fuck up.
>>
>>48600465
stop being shit as fuck?
>>
>>48600465
FIDE or online?
>>
File: Knight Jumps.webm (73KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Jumps.webm
73KB, 408x408px
>>48600465
Below 2000, or even Master level, everything is tactics.
Just train all kind of tactics: double attack, x-ray, pins, discovered attack, checkmate in x, etc. Increasing the difficulty progressively.

All you need to know about opening is:
>Control the centre
Pawns and pieces, everything should go or aim to the center of the board
>Develop your pieces
Knights and Bishops first, then castling. The best places for heavy pieces (Queen & Rooks) are harder to identify, so those will have to wait.

DON´T DO THIS
>>48600641
Memorizing openings blindly will just lead you to positions you don´t understend. Understanding has to come first. Around 1700-2000 you can start with opening theory, focusing on pawn structures, never memorizing lines.

All you need to know about endgame are basic mates vs a lonely king, and the basic king+pawns vs king+pawns.

tl;dr: Develop your pieces and train all kind of tactics (middle game and endgame).
For an extra xp boost try to figure out what you did wrong.
>>
File: phpvG8PYn.jpg (63KB, 615x574px) Image search: [Google]
phpvG8PYn.jpg
63KB, 615x574px
What about unorthodox chess apps?
I play Troyis & Chess Lights
>>
>>48605815

Tactics flow out of having a superior position, not pure inspiration. You shouldn't just train with tactics, even at a sub 2000 level. You need to learn how to take and control space, especially central space. You need to learn how the pieces interact.

Endgame learning won't help you immediately, but if you really want to get good, it's the best way to actually work on your calculative ability and to really grasp what the pieces are capable of and how.
>>
>>48600465
Play longer time controls with an increment, then review your games.
>>
>>48606053
this picture should be a Knightmare Chess card
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.