[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your saddest tabletop-related experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: bigbosssalutemgs3.jpg (36KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
bigbosssalutemgs3.jpg
36KB, 720x408px
What is your saddest tabletop-related experience?
>>
File: well memed jack.png (508KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
well memed jack.png
508KB, 1000x1000px
Noize
>>
>>48595390
I killed the dog that was following my party, well, the dice killed him.
>>
>>48595390
Experiencing tabletop.
>>
>>48595390
Frag missile scattered onto my SM Captain twice in a row, wounding him both times and killing him
>>
This was a few years ago.
>with my group, dog was lying under the table by my chair like always
>dog was our best gaming bro, always hung out with the group week by week

>mother drunk, as fucking usual, stumbles in and demanded our beers
>one of my players refused, argument ensues, I tell her to fuck off
>she yelled so much the dog got agitated and stood between her and the table
>she kicks him
>dog falls over, she kicks him in the head
>her brother, my uncle, a good friend of the group and usually the one who called her on her shit when she's drunk, comes in and pulls her out
>dog has a seizure or something, yelping and shit on the floor
>she yells something at my uncle that pisses him off enough to call the cops about the dog
>dog was dead by the time the police get there
>police try to take her in for assault for hitting her brother and animal cruelty
>she shoves a cop, grabs a beer bottle, flings it
>cop gets cut by glass, fucking shoots her in my living room
>my mother bled out right there before an ambulance got there
>uncle blamed himself

The group didn't get back together for a long time after that. My uncle killed himself two weeks later. I don't miss her - but I miss my dog and I miss my uncle. It took me a while to get back into the hobby.
>>
File: i_m_sorry.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
i_m_sorry.gif
448KB, 500x275px
>>48598560
I'm sorry that happened, anon. I hope your gaming experiences from now on are good.
>>
>>48598560
Well, that escalated quickly.
>>
>>48598560
no one said nothing to the cop?
>>
>>48599096
A bottle of glass is classified as a weapon, as a shard landing somewhere like in the eye the cop had to answer to her bottle flinging as an armed attack.

>>48598560
I'm sorry for you, your uncle must have been a very good man
>>
>>48598560

>shot for throwing a bottle.

At least come up with something believable or provide proof this happened.
>>
File: 129839817.jpg (29KB, 364x400px) Image search: [Google]
129839817.jpg
29KB, 364x400px
>>48595390

Being just a little more literate than the other people in my group.

>We (four friends) all start roleplaying around the same time, within an year of one another.
>Our first GM was some random lady my best friend knew.
>It starts out great, everything is new and exciting, the group is working together, the world is well put together and mysterious.
>The lady eventually invites one of her friends to join the group, one none of us know.
>He's a jerkass. Has to be the center of attention, has to be in charge, demands all-human parties, constant PvP, and bitches about casters while he himself is playing one.
>The campaign sours. The sessions get shorter and more insipid, the spotlight being constantly on the jerkass gets annoying, and the lady blames my friends and I for not being team players with someone we've never met and come to dislike as a group.
>Eventually, after 2-3 years of the same game, we all leave en masse. I don't recall the specific trigger for the leave.
>We want to keep playing, but now have no GM.
>"Hey anon, you do a little writing on the side, you want to GM?"
>I agree, someone needs to GM.
>Eleven years later, I have GMed more games than I can remember. Fantasy, sci fi, modern, steampunk, horror, original and existing-setting, every ruleset from Dark Heresy to DnD to GURPS.
>I have played one game.

I say this to give context to the story of that game.

>Out of the blue, ten years into my tenure as a ForeverGM, my best friend offers to GM a game.
>I agree before he even tells me what the premise is. I'm in school, exhausted, and never find the time to plan for games anymore.
>It's a steampunky sort of DnD thing, set in a city where clockwork technology and arcane magic constantly squabble with one another politically (and secretly violently)
>He's planned everything in excruciating detail, the city is mapped down to districts, there's guilds, stores, characters, political families, the whole deal.
cont
>>
cont from >>48599595
>We all jump on board instantly.
>One guy makes the fucking gingerest character ever with an enchanted sword that talks.
>Second guy makes a kindly old inventor type guy he described as "The Geppetto of battle droids."
>I make a semi-feral clockwork bot from beneath the city, use the Rogue rules to make it a stalking predator sort of deal.
>Geppetto and I instantly hit it off, as he's one of the only ones who can understand the manic complexity of my machinery (which has been self-repaired and made redundant time and again in the city sinks)
>Hyperginger is the party face, as Geppetto put all his points into making molotovs and I put all mine into murder and being scary.
>First session is brilliant. I don't feel so exhausted anymore after playing, the setting is lovely, the party is great, no autism or edgy bullshit. Just a comfy game with friends.
>Second session is brilliant.
>Third session is brilliant.
>The fourth session, my friend brings in his girlfriend to the party. She plays an elf ranger lady with a custom ruleset that he wrote for her.
>My shit senses start tingling.
>Suddenly, the politics and sneaking are further between, as the girlfriend hates all the intrigue and remembering things about the story.
>The combat gets shorter and dumber as the girlfriend hates drawn-out encounters, since she spends most of them on her phone.
>Despite this, the custom rules make her character stronger than any of the three of ours. She remarks casually how she could solo our party and acts like it's a good thing.
>She drinks heavily after a while, and after a little while more, so does the GM.
>Every time we show up to play the GM's two or three drinks into a marathon that will end with him calling the session after 2-3 hours so he can go sleep it off or play Hearthstone on his phone.
>The story bottoms out. The setting I loved gets turned into a bland dungeon crawler with the girlfriend and a munchkin GMPC leading us around.
cont
>>
File: 1442583250706.gif (980KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
1442583250706.gif
980KB, 500x238px
cont from >>48599642
>Eventually, the GM- my best friend- can't even manage that.
>He doesn't call the game off, he just stops inviting us over.
>A few months later, he moves in with the girlfriend.
>Last I hear, he's an alcoholic who occupies himself with WoW and anime.
>We try to keep the game going, but with just the three players none of us wants to give up our characters, and we call it quits.
>I write up a little blurb as an epilogue and send it to the two other players, along with an invitation to my next game.

I've since gone back to being a ForeverGM. I'm not bitter or resentful that the game ended, I don't really give a fuck about the GM's shit or the girlfriend riding it into the ground like Slim Pickens on the atom bomb. But I do fucking miss the feeling of the first couple sessions, how comfy that game was. How much I liked just playing a character instead of managing the whole game.
I didn't start out wanting to GM, I did it because I wrote a little on the side when our first GM turned into a shithead. The one game I've ever played since then cured my depression for a month before it fell apart, and made me actually look forward to doing something with other people week to week.
I don't play anymore because I'm a ForeverGM, but what motivates me as a GM is how I felt as a player in those comfy sessions. I want to give my players that feel, no matter how much I miss it myself.
>>
>>48598560
Right in the feels
>>
>>48599456
>shot for assaulting an officer
Pretty common in the US.
>>
File: 1349005379118.jpg (186KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1349005379118.jpg
186KB, 500x500px
>>48599688
I'm sorry, Anon. It gets better. Maybe find a new group that doesn't know about your writing? You could always refuse to GM for your own sake, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: 1469401558506.jpg (136KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1469401558506.jpg
136KB, 500x750px
>>48599739
Thank you anon. I've thought about finding a second group to play in. I think I could swing it with new people, my players tell me I'm a great writer and they did love the one character/NPCs I've played. If only because it's very often easier for me to be someone else. Maybe I'll try someday. Or maybe someday one of you randoms will end up in a game of mine. Whatever the case, I bet it'll work out.

Good night, /tg/.
>>
>>48599713
If you didn't want to get shot, maybe you shouldn't have fucking tried to duke it out with someone who has a gun.
>>
>>48598560
Anon, I am sorry that you had to go through those losses so fast and for very stupid reasons.
Please remember that there is not a reason big enough to stop you from being happy and that there is always someone out there that wishes you good luck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.