[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shape Water is (technically) broken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Strengest.jpg (93KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
Strengest.jpg
93KB, 700x520px
You choose an area of water that you can see within range and that fits within a 5-foot cube. You manipulate it in one of the following ways:

You instantaneously move or otherwise change the flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any direction. This movement doesn’t have enough force to cause damage.

You cause the water to form into simple shapes and animate at your direction. This change lasts for 1 hour.

You change the water’s color or opacity. The water must be changed in the same way throughout. This change lasts for 1 hour.

You freeze the water, provided that there are no creatures in it. The water unfreezes in 1 hour.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have no more than two of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

>5 foot cube is 125 cubic feet
>1 cubic foot of water weighs roughly 60 pounds at room temperature
>60*125=7500 pounds of water

With a cantrip, I can casually control more than 3 tons of water at a time, whenever I want

What if I simply take that much water, sit on a small flotation device, and use it to fly, albeit slowly

What if I take that water, freeze it, and drop it on an unsuspecting enemy, whats the strength check required to survive 3 tons of ice

What if I trap an opponent's weapon in water and freeze it, leaving them with a weapon much heavier, and assuming I can move ice, now hovering higher and higher, their measly 150-300 pounds being nothing to the 3 tons I can move

What if I take all that water, and condense it to a minuscule size, like a marble, sure no damage is dealt while moving it, but what happens when its released

And even if the 5-foot cube only mean 5 cubic feet, that is still 300 pounds and can be worked with
>>
>Move water 5 feet up
>It immediately drops because gravity exists
Hey, at least it's a convenient way to drop a boulder from a cliff.
>>
>>48590479
There are much easier ways to kill someone.
>>
What if the DM completely fucks your idea in two seconds?

Water Bending is fun, but more importantly, what's the check on dodging your slow-moving-ice-cube-of-doom?
>>
>>48590479
You know, you could just stab the guy.
>>
>>48590479
Water can't be compressed.
>>
>>48590638
Yeah, even with this very spell. Human body is like 80% water after all. And having most of that water outside of your body is quite lethal.
>>
>>48590629
I was under the impression that you could continue casting it and keep it moving in a desired direction
>>
>>48590686
>You choose an area of water that you can see within range
You can't see water that's inside/a part of people.
>>
>>48590479
>levitation
Cantrips can't be cast constantly, so you'd be readjusting every six seconds. I'd allow it for a short while with a Constitution check to concentrate.
>Dropping frozen ice ball
I'd allow it. Not a difficult thing to notice falling from the sky, I'd rate it the same as a falling chandelier. Same problem as "I drop a knife on him from 100 ft using mage hand!" in that you have to have some good aim/perspective on the positioning.
>freezing a weapon
Usually flavor cantrips can't fuck with stuff that's on an enemy's person, but i'd allow it if you get the sword wet first. Moving it away from them is a spellcasting check vs. strength check.
>condensing water
Not really possible. Liquids can't be compressed like gases can, at least not without massive amounts of force.
>>
File: photo.jpg (119KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
119KB, 900x900px
>>48590674
>X can't be done
Can that be why they call it magic?
>>
>>48590879
If you're bringing physics to a magic fight in the first place the physics fights back.
>>
>>48590910
What kind of a stupid argument is that. What magic does in the first place is to bypass physics.

You can compress water, it just takes immense energy to do so. But lots of low-level spells have effects that would require vast amounts of energy to replicate.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.