[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 45

File: images(5).jpg (32KB, 324x455px) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
32KB, 324x455px
Praetor Edition

RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>Sorin Markov is considered fair play
>Tree of Perdition is not

Where were you when you realized your group was shit?
>>
>>48563329
>also fuck weebs
>weeb alters
So now anything that looks like anything resembling an anime art style is shit now? Is that how things work now?
>>
Just reposting:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigur-the-thrifty-fang-1/

As before: a lot of Tasigur's effectiveness relies on political skill, but does the deck look functional? Any simple alterations you'd make? Thanks.
>>
File: 1.jpg (19KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
19KB, 265x370px
>>48563372
I believe it was in homage to the elesh norn judge alter, i could be wrong tho, i ate ramen once so im also a weeb
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v275/

Posting again to get opinions. what would work better for draw, deathreap ritual, necropotence, or dark prophecy? Should i put tribute to wild back in for something?
>>
>>48563418
> i ate ramen once so im also a weeb
I know this is a joke but I hate how liking Japanese things has just become synonymous with the term weeb nowadays.
>>
>>48563284
>either being OP
Weenie Hut Junior.
>>
>>48563521
tbqh it was the comment about "fuck all weebs" that got me more annoyed than anything else though.
>>
>>48563541
But anime is a medium, anon. That's like saying books or movies or tv shows grind your gears.
>>
>>48563531
Nice reading comprehension. Was just pointing out the hypocrisy in my group.
>>
How do you guys feel about Morph effects? They seem like a lot of trouble to go through.
>>
>>48563556
And I agreed with you. Neither are that good, making your group the Weenie Hut Junior. Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>48563566
Not if its Ixidron.
>>
>>48563572
Tree at least has to wait, Sorin can go off immediately. How is makng someone lose 30 life not that good?
>>
>>48563566
Hooded Hydra morph in newzuri is fun.

>>48563572
Please don't post any further you already proved I'm better than you.
>>
>>48563596
In 1v1, that 6 mana can do so much more. In multiplayer, get ready to get gangraped if you do something like that to only one target.
>>
>>48563616
Not if the other players are fine with you fucking with only one guy.
>>
>>48563566
Some morphs are useful i use den protector and stratus dancer in a few decks for their utility, alot of morphs are just shit tho
>>
>>48563667
> I hate the people involved
So you hate millions of people around the world, both consumers and producers, merely because they like something?
> anime they generally like and talk about
I have a feeling you haven't been in very many anime communities by the way you are generalizing anime fans.
>but that won't change the fact that anime posters and anime card alterers are fags
I can get where you are coming from when you say anime card alterers are retards, but to say anyone that posts about anime is a fag is just plain wrong. "Always"s don't exist in humanity because humans are just so varied.
>>
>>48563701
/EDH/ - Anime and Philosophy
>>
>>48563726

We strive to emulate our beloved and wildly varied TCG format.
>>
>>48563613
Lol okay kid, here's your (you).
>>
Janky token deck no one sees coming. Who is better; Nemata or Ishkana?
>>
>>48563646
True.
>>
>>48563736
The reason I'm saying all of this is because I like anime, know people that like anime, and know people like yourself who hate people that like anime. I'm not a pedophile and I consider myself to be moderately socially adjusted. I spend time with others that like anime and some of them are genuinely good and nice people that aren't pedophiles like you said. I think you are stereotyping an entire hobby because what I am guessing is either misinformation or a bad/negative experience with people that like anime in the past. Just accept that not everyone that likes anime is a pedo or a fag and you are stereotyping and overgeneralizing a group based on your own retarded bias.
>>
>>48563762
Emmara.
>>
>>48563736
>anyone who watches anime is a pedophile
Quit shitposting on 4chan Donald.
>>
>>48563789
>Likely story, anime fan
I don't know how else to prove it to you. I'm not sexually attracted to little girls if that's what's your insinuating.
>anime watching pedophiles
This obviously means you haven't accepted that all anime watchers aren't pedos though.
>>
>>48563284
when the neckbeard who brings an $800 deck to casual night throws a tantrum at my infect cards
>>
>>48563815
You have casual nights at your LGS? Because all mine has are tournaments and drafts.
>>
>>48563329
Are you the Barneyfag of MTG? Can it be?
>>
>>48563815
>there are people who think infect is unfair

I know your pain friend.
>>
>>48563864
> you aren't repulsed by the pedophilic images you see
This is implying I watch anime that have pedophilic images or scenes. Which I don't. Pedopandering is less common in anime than you might think. Yuribait is actually more common. You might be confusing moe with pedophilia, which is a common mistake.
>while still assuming that most are and that therefore every one I meet most likely is
This is so untrue I don't even know where to begin. A lot of anime fans are girls and beyond that, anime is becoming more and more popular with the mainstream audience, leading to a decline of what you perceive to be pedos. But the majority of this discussion has mainly been you baiting me anyways so I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>48563762
Boris
>>
>>48563864
>he thinks the cute girls doing cute things meme is what ALL of anime is
In the same way that all comic book movies star Deadpool, right?
>>
I'm finding myself torn between Tasigur and Mimeoplasm. Can anyone give some pros and cons, or something?
>>
>>48563938
sick bait m8. Really it's tired at this point
>>
>5 person EDH
>Playing Intet dragon Tribal
>Win the game by killing 2 of the players one at a time, then the other two with Sarkhan Unbroken's ultimate

We call it the Dragonpocalypse.
>>
>>48563938
>it's just pedophile shit but people are in denial about it
Please explain your logic to me so that I can understand this moronic idiocy.
>>
>>48563995

It's one of Wizard's better efforts at having lore fit abilities. Sarkhan certainly fucked up Tarkir by shitting out dragons everywhere.
>>
>>48564023
>saw all these images of underage girls and the term "affection" was being used
You sound like a retard.
>>
>>48563992

Big thanks. How much have you played the two? Did either wear thin after your group saw them several times?
>>
>>48564023
You know it's possible to feel "affection" towards things and not want to fuck them, right?
>>
>>48563566
I feel like animar morph tribal would be hilarious
>>
As stupid as it is I'm gonna make Sphinx tribal with Isperia. What fun non-sphinx cards would you suggest I put in it?
>>
>>48563443
Well there's always room for me to improve on my piloting, how's the 99?
>>
>>48564144
All the prison cards
Sphere of safety
Propaganda
Ghostly prison
Run all of the "creature cant attack/block/activate almonds" enchantments

Then fill the rest with counterspells/boardwipes/mld and ping them to death with flyers
>>
>>48563421
bumping for help
>>
>>48564170
>doesn't post link

Sorry, was too busy sucking dick
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/
>>
>>48564177
that sounds fun for me but not for anyone else. I love it
>>
File: 1468700730261.jpg (2MB, 1490x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1468700730261.jpg
2MB, 1490x2080px
First off stop falling for obvious bait. It's impossible for someone to be on this Taiwanese Trading Card board and not have heard the term "moe" in relation to anime before.

Second, I need some help on an Enchantress Selvana. I wanna start work on the Manabase but I feel like I should cut at least 5 of the Enchantments. I also feel like I'm lacking on Instants, too.
>>
>>48564558
>No decklink
>Selvana

That's what I get for posting at 3 am.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/conspiring-group-hugs/
>>
>>48564571
K R S O S A N G R I P

I wish I had a green general just so I could run that card. You seem to be lacking a lot in the spot removal/wipes department which is something white does better than any other color.
>>
>>48564695
fuck kroasan grip. Real men dont use removal in green, they just trample over anything in the way.
>>
>>48564957
I love playing against retards like this.
>>
>>48564957
It kills combo dead, anon. If they made more utility creatures with split-second I'd play them but all we have for now are those ones in red and white
>>
>>48564911
>It was death note, a pedophile favorite
We're there even any underage girls in death note?
The youngest charcter I remember is the kid they got to replace L.
>>
>>4856502
Were there
Fucking phone
>>
>>48563995
Post deck.
>>
File: rout_by_igorkieryluk-d7j1fnz.jpg (907KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
rout_by_igorkieryluk-d7j1fnz.jpg
907KB, 1200x877px
Just posting some Elesh.
>>
File: 107.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>48565662
Perfection.
>>
A friend and I want to play some Commander, but all the lists are for multiplayer games.
What are the main differences between decks for multiplayer and duel commander? How can we change the lists we found to fit 2player games? (besides different ban lists)
>>
>>48565736
Google duel commander.
>>
>>48565736
Honestly just play modern.
>>
>>48566273

Play literally any other format, even tiny memers is less of a joke than modern at this point.
>>
>>48566302
That wasn't the point but whatever
>>
Man, I really want some more Tireless Trackers for my decks and I'm not sure wether to get them now or wait. They're being played in Standard right now after all, which always bloats card prices, but they're also gonna be EDH staples for years to come.
>>
>>48563762
Nemata is hilarious, also pretty obvious.
>>
>>48566585
Rule of thumb is if its a standard staple priced at $5 or less, and isnt rotating soon, buy it now.
>>
File: 134b.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
134b.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>48565729
That card is too expensive IRL.

Try this with Elesh Norn instead.
>>
>>48566713
I already have a living plane, but I didn't know about this one. Thanks, always good to have multiples.

This one interacts poorly with enemy +1/+1 anthems, though.
>>
>>48566722
True, but at least its really affordable.

Plus, most anthems are enchantments that green and white can easily deal with.
>>
>>48566729
Yeah, the whole reserved list is rising by the day, huh?
>>
>>48566753
Get your Infernal Denizens now or Shkreli's gonna get his mitts on 'em!
>>
>>48566797
I mean, it's honestly incredible. Living Plane was $20 a month ago, $40 when I bought one last week, and now it's $50.
>>
>>48566753
Really? Shit, maybe I should buy those Metalworkers
>>
>>48566797
It's kinda true. Fucking Wood Elemental is worth more than popular commanders like Jhoira or OG Drana just by virtue of being on the list. I know the others had multiple printings and we're not talking big cash, but still. That's kinda ridiculous.
>>
Do your decks have a set of cards that you consider your win condition? Or is your win condition just naturally spread throughout?

I noticed with my Horde of Notions deck, despite being full of creatures, only around three or four specific cards were winning me games.
>>
>>48565736
I recommend trying Highlanderin addition to Duel Commander.
>>
File: the cancer is spreading.png (249KB, 468x310px) Image search: [Google]
the cancer is spreading.png
249KB, 468x310px
>>48566878
By far the most hated of the ones in my deck.

I'm not sorry
>>
>>48566878
I've got combos in my Ghave deck, but can also win through more traditional means, like Kokusho or Grave Titan. I've got no combos in any other of my decks and they win more consistently because they don't immediately draw the hate of the entire table.
>>
>>48566903
I use Bond in my cleric deck, which only has a strategy of damage prevention and life gains; so much butthurt in my opponents faces; never be sorry for this glory.
>>
>>48566935
>>48566903
I mean, I don't even run any combos and I still have this problem.

In my old Horde of Notions list, I found these four cards to be my only real "win conditions": Hateflayer, Avenger of Zendikar, Maelstrom Wanderer and Horde of Notions itself.

This was in a deck full of other junk, but it all essentially amounted to controlling the board and stalling until I draw those bitches.

I'm just wondering how to avoid that or if it is even possible to avoid that.
>>
>join a FFA Commander pod at a GP
>after my turn 3 it becomes clear I'm the threat
>kill the entire table on my turn 5 anyway
Oops.
>>
>>48563995
Got a list, fampai? I have an Intet deck of my own but want to compare
>>
File: 1466719352714.png (1MB, 1022x574px) Image search: [Google]
1466719352714.png
1MB, 1022x574px
hi i posted this xenagos deck here earlier to ask for opinions, but got no replies. so here it is again, is there anything i should add or remove?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/angry-xenagos-roar-noise/

i'm a bit unsure if gratuitous violence is worth it since it seems a bit like a win-more card. maybe replace it with impromptu raid? (i'd do sneak attack but it's like 25 bucks)

i know there are xenagos players come on guys help me out!!!
>>
How would you guys rank the mono-colors in commander?
>>
>>48567503
As totally mono, on their own?
Green, Black, Blue, Red, White.
>>
>>48567503
Black and Blue have the best mono color combo potential. Red can have some fun artifact stuff. Green and white are more support colors.
>>
>>48566713
Kormus Bell and Urborg
you can have Urborg in any deck, right
>>
File: out.jpg (641KB, 1146x905px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
641KB, 1146x905px
>>48567592
>Green
>Support Color
>>
Hm. Anyone have any experience running Toshiro? I barely spared him a glance before, but he has potential.
>>
>>48567606
Yes. It has a colorless color identity due to the lack of colored mana symbols or color indicators anywhere on it.
>>
Do you think Kalitas (traitor) will go down after rotation or should i get one now?

>>48567606
Yeah but it's pointless if your commander hasn't b in color identity you can't tap the swamps for b
>>
>>48568108
Might as well get one now. It's not really seeing a TON of play in Standard (the big deck is Bant Company), and part of what's propping up the price is that it sees Modern play, so it might dip a little but not massively.

Also, it's not totally pointless. It turns on Kormus Bell, you can use it in a mono-white deck with Drought, or you can use it to have your fetchlands tap for C.
>>
>>48564747
This is obviously bait until you prove me otherwise. Stop posting.
>>
So I tested a V0.5 edition of my Ruric Thar deck (I had almost all of it handy, and for the ~10 slots that I didn't, I just cobbled together cards I had handy rather than proxying for now) and I really like how it runs.
>>
>>48568108
>if your commander hasn't b in color identity you can't tap the swamps for b
They changed that rule months ago.

>Karma
>Kormus Bell
>Stern Judge
Don't be retarded.
>>
>>48568379
Even before that, they still tapped for colorless.
>>
>>48568379
Depending on everyone's life total, you'd kill everyone else before it comes back to you. Also personal sanctuary exists
>>
>>48568379
>Karma
You might have more life. You might have Personal Sanctuary or Darien + Soul Sisters. It might be a R/W deck with Gisela.

>Kormus Bell
The "animate a land + Elesh Norn" works double well here, because Urborg + Bell + Norn gives you an army of 3/3s and kills all their lands dead.

>Stern Judge
Not quite as abusable as Karma, but still.
>>
>>48564558
>I need some help on an Enchantress Selvana
okay: get another commander.
>>
>>48564177
>fun
>>
>>48565028
Lisa
>>
>>48568993
Well what else would I run then in Selesnya? Krond's in the 99 since he's a bit beefy, and I was aiming to maximize card draw with the deck.
>>
>>48569844
Selvala's not a great option for "maximizing" draw because for every 1 card you get, your opponents get a total of 3, and that's bad for you.

None of the available GW commanders are going to help with card advantage directly, so I'd suggest either Old Sigarda as a backup ass-whooping plan, or Dromoka to help protect you on your turn.
>>
>>48566878
I have a Nekusar deck, I have a mix of set cards and win conditions. But I guess they all pretty much revolve around Nekusar. Wheel effects with a Dreams Halls on the field tends to be a pretty nasty win con.
>>
>>48563861
Infect can go eat a massive bag of dicks, but its not unfair. Just gotta block those chump creatures.
>>
>>48570326
It helps that all but like... two of them are just hilariously overcosted because of Infect, and that it's hard to build an "Infect Deck" that functions. Usually it's just Mimeoplasm eating a Blighted Agent, or someone resolving a Triumph of the Hordes.
>>
>>48563789
>Still won't be spending time with anime watching pedophiles any time soon
>posting here
you already are, though
>>
>>48570350
I don't dabble into Modern or the current block, but some old cards can knock you the fuck out in 2-3 turns. So I don't know what those cards do, honestly.
>>
>>48570386
The Infect decks in Legacy and Modern are usually running 4x Glistener Elf and 4x Inkmoth as their 'main' beaters, and the win is to play a turn 1 Elf, and then drop a bunch of pump spells on it (Groundswell and Might of Old Krosa giving the most bang for the mana). There's no "Infect Deck" that's running a critical mass of infect creatures because most of them are terrible, the good decks just combine the effectiveness of pump spells on Infect creatures with cheap evasive ones.
>>
>>48563943
Run both
>>
>>48570425
That's what my roommates Infect deck works with; get out a chump Infect creature, swing on next turn and pump it up via Giant Growth/spells you can pay for with life. Can't remember those ones off the top of my head.

I've lost because I decided not to block a little 1/1.
>>
>>48570480
Mutagenic Growth. Invigorate is another commonly used one.
>>
Hey guys, what Simic commander would best represent Biology, evolution, and animals? I was thinking Ezuri, Zegana or Vorel.
>>
>>48571010
Kraj, maybe
>>
>>48571054
I actually never considered Kraj. He seems to fit the bill for the evolution theme.
>>
>>48570326
Giving Nekusar infect then wheeling causes a lot of butthurt at the table.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v275/

I think i like how this is going but i would like more suggestions as to what to add and what to cut. Filth didnt make it in.
>>
>>48570477

Heh, I suppose that's possible.
>>
>>48568379
Wait can you tap non color appropriate lands for mana not in your identity now?
>>
>>48571983
yea, hence why sens triplets is fun as fuck to play. apparently.

on a side note, how would one build her? ive got her laying about collecting dust...
>>
>>48572119
why would they change it, i guess for eldrazi right, can't have a colorless deck with the new cards since they have colored shit in them
>>
>>48572158
Yeah, for the colorless specific mana
>>
>>48572216
So wait, I'd have to pick a devoid commander for a devoid edh deck?

What happens then? You can only play devoid cards right? but devoid cards sometimes have mana symbols on them.
>>
>>48572119
If nothing else put in protection. Diplomatic Immunity or Pemmin's Aura are my favorites. She gets targeted immediatly. Its funny to me because I still have to spend the right mana for stuff from peoples hands, but they think its worse than Jeleva for some reason. Oh also top card is Paradox Haze. If you can target multiple people for their ability it's extra protection from opponents trying to fuck you. Then just do some medomai shit or whatever and just take extra turns.
>>
>>48572295
interesting. a highly political deck it sounds like...
>>
>>48572119
Telepathy would fit in that deck perfectly, and would make politics pretty interesting
>>
>>48572279
Devoid cards are colorless, but they still have a color IDENTITY. Eldrazi Displacer is itself colorless because of Devoid, but has a white mana symbol, which gives it a white color idenitty (just like Godless Shrine is a colorless card, but has a black/white color identity).

If you play a pure colorless commander, all the Devoid cards are off-limits because they're outside your color identity. You don't need a "Devoid commander" (there isn't one), but you can put Devoid spells in colored decks (for example, Blinky the Eldrazi can go in any deck that has White in the color identity)
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
My friend is running a Brago deck that is really oppressive in our (otherwise very casual) playergroup. Brago has to essentially be countered or killed instantly every time he gets cast or the game is just over.

What kind of deck should I be playing that can beat Brago's insane value swings? I don't really want to start running active hatecards like Torpor Orb as that'll just starts an armsrace
>>
>>48572119
>>48572517
And I almost forgot, Celestial Dawn is great for Sen Triplets, even with the rules change. You only need to have white in order to play anyones spells
>>
>>48572662
Here are your options:

1) Run active hate cards and if he throws a bitch-fit, explain that you'd rather start an arms-race of sorts than just auto-lose every other game

2) Ask him if he can maybe dial the deck back a bit since he's far and away stronger than everyone else at the table and it's dampening everyone else's fun

3) Stew in silence.
>>
Is Phyrexian Processor a staple in a mono black deck or is it just a waste of a slot?
>>
>>48572662
Curious, can you respond to them leaving play and cast Time Stop?
>>
>>48572662
White has enough artifact removal that running Torpor orb should be fine, if he doesn't have Return to Dust in his deck he's practically asking him to run hate.
>>
Would Anafenza make for an interesting mono white edh deck, or is there just not enough mono white stronk to make a good deck out of it
>>
>>48572707
i always find that asking people do dial down decks is just dumb. in our playgroup, we have an omnath of rage that is beautiful to behold, and one of our guys asked him to dial it back. he was the only one who had a problem with it, as i found out, and it was refreshing to have something to attain.

>>48572662
i dont know about your specific playgroup but you should be embracing this and trying to compete as best you can. what generals are in your playgroup?
>>
>>48572707
well see I think the deck is generally fine except for Tangle Wire which I have asked him several times to remove. The problem is mostly that the other players (me included) all run very durdly decks that just start two-three turns later than Brago. I could maybe go under him with an aggro deck but being able to cast the big things you can't normally cast in constructed is what makes EDH fun to me

>>48572746
No, you don't get priority inbetween enter and leave. You can timestop all the etb triggers though

>>48572805
we tend to play with 4 players total, the commanders being

>Zegana
>Borborygmos Enraged
>Sygg Cutthroat
>Sharuum (sphinx tribal, no infinite combos)
>Patron of the Orochi
>Karrthus
>>
>>48572907
So, if your decks are 3 turns too slow for Brago, your options are to either ask the Brago player to kneecap himself, build new decks, or tweak yours.
>>
>>48572956
>build new decks, or tweak yours.
yeah that's basically what Im asking advice for. I need a new commander that is fun to play and is somewhat a counter to Brago's value train. So far I've just been making my Sygg Cutthroat deck lower to the ground but it has become less fun and not very effective
>>
File: 151.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>48572726
I'm glad FTV reminded me about Phyrexian Processor, I got spicy things in mind for it.
>>
>>48573018
Trostani's even more disgusting. Pay 30 life, make a token, gain it back. Next turn, make a second token, Populate, you're up +60 life from where you started.
>>
>>48572662
Theoretically, there are cards that answer Brago without being specific enough to trigger hate or an arms race. More removal for his flicker targets is smart. Having more flying blockers is smart.

Simple things here and there.
>>
>>48573039
I thought about that too, but I've already got a Ayli in the works.
>>
>>48573018
oh god, that's hilarious
>>48573039
that too
>>
>>48573053
Containment Priest is a good card in general that also happens to punch Brago directly in the dick without seeming like a "specific hate" card.
>>
Can you run Gisela with merge? Like, if she merges and she's your commander for example, is Briselda or whatever still your... "commander"?
>>
>>48573128
Funny enough, that was today's Rules Tip.

http://blogs.magicjudges.org/rulestips/2016/08/brisela-and-commander/

the tl;dr is yes. If Gisela or Bruna are your Commander, and they Meld into Brisela, then Brisela is your Commander while she's out.
>>
>>48573128

I believe they've officially confirmed that Brisela remains your commander, yeah.
>>
>>48573017
if karrthus is yours, i'd say get some more spot removal in there.

karador might be the next answer for you, or any black white/green combination. lots of spot removal and or blockers for flyers, and have decent generals to play with. i would use obzedat. there are tons of cheap removals and flyers, or ways to lock him down with pacificms in the white black combination.
>>
File: c4rd4rt_mp9vR4xNwb.jpg (85KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4rt_mp9vR4xNwb.jpg
85KB, 750x450px
I recent got a foil Zada in a trade, any tips for using her as a commander?
>>
>>48573218
Karrthus is from a friend and it's probably the worst deck on there after Patron

I actually did build Karador but I stopped playing it because people got super salty about it, especially repeatable Fleshbag Marauder was just unbeatable for some decks
>>
>>48573432

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/in-progress-zada/

I use her as a mass buffer for a token army.
>>
What are good synergies with those cards that exile then bounce back on casting certain spells, it's something I've never grasped, especially and wide format like EDH
>>
>>48573559
What?
>>
>>48573559
You mean flicker effects? Astral Slide? Flickering effects synergize with creatures that have etb (enter the battlefield) effects which you can trigger over and over.
>>
>>48573434
well, sounds like you could go for that. also, if you have a prossh or shattergang, other viable options there, and show karrthus how to really play jund.
>>
>>48573651
oh i see, that makes a bunch of sense, thanks anon
>>
File: 61.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>48566878
>"I don't want to think right now, but I want to win"
>>
>>48566878
Greater good with anything, or Beats by Jarad™
>>
Speaking of win conditions, seeing as shit like attacking with dudes over the course of the game doesn't work, what are my options that aren't combos in a monored (not brown) deck?

I don't think Comet Storming people will work every time. Especially with casuals who will kill the damage dealing deck in fear.

Also, is Heretic's Punishment that bad? 4 mana to activate is a lot, but as far as I can tell, it is the only repeatable burn that doesn't require much more than just mana.
>>
>>48574531
Purphoros + tokens.
>>
>>48573018
>preordered FTV months ago
>was expecting Jin-Gitaxias and Rhys the Redeemed along with Dark Depths
>got Jitte instead

I'm slightly surprised but I'll be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed
>>
File: evolution.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
evolution.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>48571010
This commander is highly representative of evolution, anon.
>>
>>48566878
I think that most of my decks don't have very many "raw" win conditions and instead have a lot of cards which enable other cards to be win conditions. For example my Slobad list:

Wincons:
>Blightsteel
>Wurmcoil Engine
>Scrap Mastery
>Meatball
>Steel Hellkite

Enablers
>Mycosynth Lattice
Vandalblast, Karn, Nev Disk
>Forgemaster
3 Artifacts
>Smokestack
Crucible of Worlds/cheap fodder artifacts
>Daretti
Tangle Wire
>Jokulhaups/Obliterate/Boom//Bust/Impending Disaster
Slobad and a beatstick to make indestructible
>>
>>48566878
My Mizzix deck has a bunch of big spells which generally win me the game or at least give me a huge advantage like Insurrection, Rite of Replication, Cyclonic Rift, and Blatant Thievery, but I have an instawin combo of Fall of Titans, Pyretic Ritual and Reiterate which is fetchable with Firemind's Foresight.

I am not a fan of combos but always include an instawin combo in all of my decks just to spice some games up. My vampires deck has this too >>48566903 and my Surrak deck has Kiki-jiki + Great Oak Guardian.
>>
Can someone explain why Urborg is typically included in Mono-Black decks? Does it really make THAT big a difference when you have a few colorless mana lands?
>>
Does the fact that green and blue are the strongest colors in EDH mean that they are the colors that benefit the most from having more life?
>>
File: 139.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
139.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>48574849
It makes your real commander better.
Also, Filth.
>>
>>48574849
It is mainly for making things like Reliquary Tower count for Coffers. And sometimes, making Maze of Ith tap for Mana is worth it.
>>
>>48567410
This is close to optimal in my opinion :)

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/what-does-the-scouter-say-about-his-power-level/
>>
>>48574868
No?

Why would that follow? What is your reasoning?

The color most benefiting from life gain is black, by the way.
>>
>>48574868
Yeah. Obviously. Drawing cards is good throughout the game. And green has better late game than most.

But Black could contest the life thing.
>>
>>48575030
is it yours? looks good, although it seems somewhat lighter on ramp than mine. i'm not sure how much ramp is worth having.

i'll take some of those good cheapo cards and sideboard them, then switch around stuff as i see fit, thanks
>>
>>48574849
It makes pretty much any of your non-black-producers instantly better, possibly turns on Swampwalk for creatures on your board, and makes Cabal Coffers better.

There's literally no reason not to just slot it in for one of your 20-something swamps.
>>
>>48575312
I mean, it sucks if you turn on a Jund deck's Coffers or something and you don't have one out yet.
>>
File: 1466033006067.png (461KB, 547x794px) Image search: [Google]
1466033006067.png
461KB, 547x794px
I'm adding another wincon to my Black Sidisi goodstuff deck.

Which is better?

Blightsteel Colossus + Lightning Greaves

or

Dark Depths + Vampire Hexmage + Lightning Greaves?

or both?
>>
>>48575541
i'd nykthos in a 3 color instead. but thats about right.

>tfw you might end up having to get at least 2 more urborgs
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/get-spooked-1/

This is pretty cool thematically. But how well does it function?

Also: Jeez, why is Tamiyo $20?
>>
>>48575018
>Filth + Tomb of Yawgamoth

OG Urborg and Hammerheim are some sekret R/B tech against this btw
>>
Has anyone used magic card market? I'm ordering a bunch of cards and I'm not sure if I should use a tracked or an untracked shipment. These guys are all classified "outstanding" sellers but it'd kinda suck to have a 50 dollars worth of cards go missing
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
141KB, 223x311px
Fuck yeah, check out my noob ass commander guys! My mom says I'm cool.
>>
File: America_The_Beautiful.png (411KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
America_The_Beautiful.png
411KB, 375x523px
Ok so my playgroup is meeting in a few hours. If anyone has any magic related jokes let me know now so I can make my friends laugh/uncomfortable.
>>
>>48575738

blightsteel is better
>>
>>48575994
run Sphinx's Revelation and cast it for 15
>>
>>48575994
Put an Ashnod's Coupon in your deck.
>>
>>48575950
Hey, he's not a noob commander, fuck you.
>>
>>48575994
Sneak a bunch of cheatyfaces into play.
>>
>>48575994
A Zendikari Goblin goes into a bar, the bartender goes "Why the long face?"
>>
Man. Going through cards, it's funny how hard Wizards tried to push the notion that the dragons of Tarkir going extinct was a bad thing.
>>
Finally threw together a Gisa and Geralf deck after finding one in a random game store I visited. It's missing a few things like Grim Grin, but it play tested alright.

The deck used to just be Gisa, and because of that, it's more like mono black, splash blue. I guess that's fine, but I want to trim the fat. In have things like Gravecrawler, Havengoul, Rooftop Storm, Cryptbreaker, Sidisi, ect. Are the lords really mandatory now?

What are some mandatory zombies for G&G? Maybe even some secret tech?
>>
>>48576439
>create well-developed original setting
>go so far as to try to push the new clan names as color wedge descriptions
>literally rape setting with dragon dildos

Wizards has always been great at setting design and had the absolute worst, shit tier writing.
>>
>>48576485

Seriously. I hope Return to Tarkir has the Dragonlords killed or overthrown and some card art features a closeup of Sarkhan sobbing.
>>
>>48576485

What really got me was how far out of their way they went in the altered timeline to fuck over and humiliate all the modern Khans beside Narset.
>>
>>48576528
It would be nice for the first time ever for the "return to" set to unfuck the setting instead of the other way around.

>>48576554
I noticed that too. She's the only one who deserves that, anyhow, being a complete degenerate.
>>
>>48576528
i hope we never go back to tarkir, no real reason to. just like theros. whenever we revisit a unique plane it always gets shit on by a previous plane's bullshit it seems, post 8th ed.
>>
>>48576363
Nice, well I'm too much a noob to tell. He commands my only EDH deck and it's quite fun!
>>
>>48576612
>>48576624

Technically, didn't the revisit to Zendikar save (what's left of) the plane?
>>
>>48576663
Probably, I don't know anything about the Zendikar story. Missed both blocks. Thinking of picking up a bunch of Eldrazi stuff for EDH, though. Seems like a way to leverage my monoblack Volrath deck into more utility. Plus the idea of him eating Eldrazi is inherently kind of funny. Having trouble that currently my high cost creatures are awful (Baron Sengir?) and barely worth reanimating. Or they can't be reanimated (Darksteel, Blightsteel).
>>
>>48576663
if you want to count that as the only saving grace of that set, sure.

personally we could have skipped over that whole terrible plane and saved the trouble of how terrible of a story we've been getting for the past years.
>>
>>48576932

What don't you like about Zendikar? Not that I'm a fan, just curious.
>>
File: 1425253519362.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1425253519362.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>48575994
>Magic related jokes

Just show them your decklist
>>
>>48576970
Not him, but I don't find it interesting at all and never bothered to look at it because it just looks like the battleground for Planeswalkers vs. Godzilla. I like settings that are self-contained.
>>
>>48576970
i found the whole plane kind of dull, un aesthetically pleasing, and forgetable. the only cards from zendikar block i remember is vampire hexmage, vampire nighthawk, felidar sovereign, and drana.
>>
>>48567503
On their own:
Blue
Black
Green
Red
White.

Black is above Green because while Green has a lot of powerful cards that synergize well, Blacks powerful cards are absurd, wildly overpowered and format defining.
>>
>>48577191
I hope you Remember Iona, the Fetchlands, Valakut, not to mention Hidden Treasures instead of Expeditions and Jace. Zendikar was super high power, and the plane was murderhobo central, perfect for Magic.
>>
>>48577309
Also SFM and the original Eldrazi Titans
>>
>>48576612
I found Sidisi and Zurgo's new fate pretty amusing.
>>
>>48577356
and Linvala
>>
>>48577367
And the Ascension enchantments

Yeah ZEN was a fucking crazy block
>>
Who is da bess Merfolk commander? For just balls-out Merfolk aggro, I'm thinking the UW Sygg
>>
>>48577407
Kira seems dank. She's not a Merfolk herself tho
>>
>>48572662
Maze of Ith and other things to simply remove Brago from combat.
Peacekeeper shuts down Brago out of combat, Green has a ton of fog effects, Blue can mass tap down creatures. Etc etc
>>
>>48577309
not seen any of those cards in my meta at all.

iona was played early, but my playgroup since stopped since it wasn't fun to play against. thats been years.
>>
File: 1329742133398.gif (842KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1329742133398.gif
842KB, 350x260px
>>48577969
>not seen any of those cards in my meta at all
What the hell

I'm one of the scrubbier players in my meta and even I run Valakut in a couple decks
>>
>>48577367
Linvala+Kormus Bell+Urborg is so delicious.
>>
>>48578244
last time valakut was used was probably 6 years ago. forgot that was a zendikar card
>>
>>48578482
>last time valakut was used was probably 6 years ago.
That was like when Valakut was last in Standard

What fucking thread am I in holy shit
>>
File: All of my clucks.jpg (162KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
All of my clucks.jpg
162KB, 500x498px
Magical christmasland time?
>playing my friend's mardu deck
>I'm using my newly constructed Brago
>T1: island, sol ring, strionic resonator
>T2: plains, tap 4, brago
>T3: Englightened Maniac, Force Spike on my friend's Alesha
>T4: Force draw then discard his entire library, counterspell and daze in hand
I have never had such good luck in my entire life, it was hilarious. He swapped to his skittles infect and moped the floor with me the next two games, but that first game was priceless.
>>
Too bad no one gives a fuck about him anymore with Prophet gone.
>>
>>48575994
>Did you hear the one about the EDH player running monowhite?

>He was destroyed!
>>
>>48578818
I saw that thread too, there are some pretty spicy cards in there. Fuck if I'll be lucky enough to get one though.
>>
Is there a good budget alternative to Seedborn Muse?
>>
>>48578818
>not playing momir vig
Nigga is fun. Simic toolbox or combo is a cute, explosive deck.

>Thicket Elementals into Vorinclex and Jin Gitaxias
>tutoring up gilded drakes, glen elendras, phantasmal images and just getting value out the ass
>Seedborn muse x Alchemist's Refuge to get around lack of Prophet and just raping absolutely everyone
>>
File: awakening.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
awakening.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>48578880
I got you senpai
>>
>>48578880
Prophet, but that's banned. Maybe unwinding clock in an artifact heavy deck?
>>
>>48578880
>Seedborn muse is $23 dollarydoos
Wew, glad I got it back when it was fucking 4
>>
>>48578934

Haha, that's why Seedborn's no longer a budget option.
>>
File: snek patron.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
snek patron.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>48578913
don't forget this guy here either.
>>
>>48578865
You really shouldn't have problems getting him. Most people are going to buy up FTV: Lore to get Dark Depth+token, Jitte, Tolaria West, Cabal Ritual and dump the rest if they don't play EDH. I'd say he is gonna be 15 dollars at the most.
>>
>>48578865
What thread? Holy shit, FTV: Lore got spoiled?
>>
>>48578818
Wow, new art looks pretty sick. Prefer this over him just staring into a bowl of goo.

>inb4 digital art is shit
>>
>>48579031
I meant a FtV: Lore because I really want a Jitte, Dark Depth, and a Cabal Ritual. I don't even know if I could order one now if I had infinity money.

>>48579055
Yes sir, just look in the catalog and you'll find it right away. Dark Depths is the OP picture.
>>
>>48579069
Holy shit that's wild

I might have to get a box
>>
I'm running Mazirek with multiple mini combos. How degenerate am I?
>>
>>48578818
I never liked him. He always screamed UG good stuff and being a repeatable tutor in EDH is eh.

In general, I don't like generals that are "answer this or lose".
>>
>>48578656

My Christmasland scenario that occurred once for Xenagos:

>T1: Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Forest, Oracle of Mul Daya, topdeck Taiga onto field
>T2: Forest, topdeck Cinder Glade onto field, Mana Reflection, Xenagos
>T3: Vorinclex

At that point my opponents scooped.
>>
>>48579181
Depends, can I look at your list?

If you're just tutoring mike and trike, pretty degenerate.

If you need to work for your combos, not at all.

If you're reanimating things for combos, it's on a case by case basis.
>>
Convince me not to order $85 worth of cards for a deck I don't even have

Please convince me to build something new despite having 5 decks already that doesn't have red
>>
Do you find any cards attractive? I think all the female vampires on Zendikar are kinda hot. pic related
>>
>>48579231
Why not order $60 worth of cards and grab me a Sherold, Whispering One, so the next time I buy you cards, I'll get you something as good or slightly better?
>>
Does chinaman sell Metalworker
>>
>>48579257
Neal is that you
>>
>>48579277

Yeah, I just fucked your mom and now im gonna come rape you Steve you cockclamp.
>>
File: Anafenza.jpg (89KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
Anafenza.jpg
89KB, 1024x743px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/anafenza-goodstuff/

I have basically a shell of a deck here. I know it's not amazing, since It's my first big step away from just playing with slightly modified precons. I think I need more wraths, and more recursion from the graveyard since Anafenza hates on opposing graveyards. What do you see that can be easily fixed. Cheap replacements, bad cards that just shouldn't be in the deck. I'm looking for a +1/+1 counter strategy, but it can be demoted to a subtheme if it's really not that good. Thank you for your help.
>>
>Play in an otherwise casual playgroup
>friend starts building sydri
>he ends up dolling hundreds of hundreds of dollars into it
>his deck is now so oppressive that a lot of people stopped playing commander
He has tons of combos, tons of lockdown, and tons of recovery against things like kill switch and null rod. No one can beat him unless literally everyone plays aggro and kills him first, which makes him rage.

I've asked him to make a new one if he wants to keep playing with us, but his reasoning is "I've already spent so much on it, why make a new one?"

Do we just so playing with him
>>
>>48579277
Nope, my name's Brad.
>>
>>48579289
I am not Steve
>>
>>48579239
I find Gisela and Bruna extremely hot in their tentacle'd forms, before they merged into Brisela. I really like those broken bird types, so anything that's been busted up, I've got a thing for.
>>
>>48579295
Why not build something specifically tailored to beat him? Spend like $250 on it and just shut him down with pure dedicated hate. Then, when he complains about it, ask him to build a different deck and say you'll holster your deck, unless he chooses to play that old deck again.
>>
Turn 1 Skirk Prospector, turn 2 Warren Instigator, turn 3 Instigator drops Siege Gang Commander and Matron finding Krenko, cast Goblin Warrens sacrificing a token, turn 4 Purph with the other two tokens, Instigator drops Krenko. Turn 5 Instigator in Beetleback Chief for 6 damage, activate Krenko for another 16, and end up with 15 Goblins. Rinse them through Goblin Warrens with Skirk Prospector 5-for-3 until the whole table was dead.
>>
>>48579298

Oh.

Well after I poz his asshole I can come do yours if you want I guess?

give me your email if you want the snack in my sack bro.
>>
>>48579295
Tell him he's a prick if he can't play a deck that doesn't skullfuck everyone at the table

Or do what this anon >>48579310 suggested
>>
>>48579226
Its a battlecruiser type deck, but I can tutor combos fairly easily. They don't instant win, but they do tend to swing multiplayer games in my favor heavily
>>
>>48579239
>>
>>48579295
Why not just play without him, but with the rest of the playgroup. If serveral people stopped playing, just play without him and try to get them back into the group with the promise that the oppressive player won't be there.

Some other people will tell you to buy better decks, but I think if you like the casual playgroup, play with them, not the person who is ruining the fun.
>>
Who is the best commander for spellslinging?

I sort of want to go full-on wizardmode and just shit out nonpermanents, no one in my group has a deck like that
>>
File: 700.jpg (23KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
23KB, 600x606px
>>48578656
>island, vault
>island, dream halls
>pitch a card to play niv mizzet
>pitch a card to play omniscience
>capsize dream halls
>c-sphinx
>wheel of fortune
Everyone shit themselves in fury
>>
>>48579333
That goblin be 'mirin
>>
>>48579326
Oh, you misused the word combos. In my understanding, a combo is something that generates an "infinite" amount of mana, life, damage, creatures, or triggers. Still, I'd like to see your deck, I've wanted to build mazierk for a while, but I keep getting sidetracked with Mimeoplasm and Uril.
>>
>>48579239
Him too
>>
>>48579368

Combo is the shit I get at Wendys, winning the fucking game is what I call two sick ass cards that win the fuck game yeahhhagagagahashgh
>>
>>48579338
Arcanis comes to mind for mono-U draw-n'-cast
>>
>>48579344
I think there was a draw spell mixed in somewhere too, but I can't remember. This was a few years ago.
>>
>>48579338
Mizzix or Melek. You could do Melek in the 99, shit would get wild
>>
>>48579368
I said mini combo, but I probably should have just not used the word.

I have no list on me, but I use a lot of what this guy does minus a few combos and more token gen. A few combos I use are the avenger combo, primus combo, and puppeteer combo

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mazirek-kraul-death-priest-shenanigans/
>>
>>48579338
>>48579422
Or Narset if you like to be a target
>>
File: 164.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
164.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Is this card a good idea for an inclusion in Gitgud Frog?
>>
File: audible_inhale.jpg (38KB, 437x459px) Image search: [Google]
audible_inhale.jpg
38KB, 437x459px
>>48579333
>>
File: That feel when not a good boy.jpg (104KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
That feel when not a good boy.jpg
104KB, 800x670px
>>48579468

Only if you want everyone to think you are a huge homosexer gay.
>>
>>48578865
You can still preorder (I think if they still have some in stock) for preorder at my LGS. They sold it to me for MSRP price regardless of card contents. I believe they ship out of state too.

The Bearded Dragon Games in New Jersey
>>
>>48579239
She was cute when she wasn't a walker.
>>
I want to build a degenerate UR deck with lots of counters and "answer me or lose" combos. I've got twin, mizzet + curiosity, and a bunch of copy effects for extra turns or counterspells. Any ideas? Commander is Jori En so I don't get hated out from the start
>>
>>48579374
>>48579333
When is creative finally gona crack and allow angels/demons genders to not be monogender?
>>
File: Emancipation ANgel.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Emancipation ANgel.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>48579239
Almost feels like cheating. But look at her, she's gorgeous.
>>
>>48579535
Link? All I found was a Facebook page.
>>
File: 1454550496526.png (1MB, 941x762px) Image search: [Google]
1454550496526.png
1MB, 941x762px
>>48579554

Never, women are good and silly boys are bad :^)
>>
File: pause nigga.png (241KB, 593x350px) Image search: [Google]
pause nigga.png
241KB, 593x350px
>>48579515
You hold the fuck on for a minute there

>>48579468
I mean if you want to draw into some lands to sac, sure. Probably better stuff out there though
>>
>>48579612

That dude started the ice age by sucking all the heat out of the world. He practiced by sucking the jam out of every manham in the multiverse.
>>
>>48579577
You have to contact them, through email or their phone. Their FB page has their contact information and link to their webpage.

Cross your fingers and hope they still have some in-stock after today's spoiler.

I ordered through them to email and phone, and they will ship it out to me at CA. Pretty cool of them.
>>
>>48579648
Alright, thanks. I may do that.
>>
>>48579554
They did it twice with Angels. Once super early, and another in planar chaos. They're not gonna change it now that it's set in stone. The most we can hope for is possible a plane without angels and demons where the evil race are females and the good race are males.
>>
>>48579676
>The most we can hope for is possible a plane without angels and demons where the evil race are females and the good race are males.
And a standard legal Yawgmoth's Bargin reprint while we're at it.
>>
File: tumblr_o3lg4rETJ11u9beo8o1_1280.png (345KB, 622x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3lg4rETJ11u9beo8o1_1280.png
345KB, 622x424px
RW Blink Deck with Archangel Avacyn at the helm:
-a Sunforger utility package because reasons.
-Combat damage and reanimate sub-theme.

What would you people suggest adding?
>>
>>48579765

A good commander, some good cards and even one single fucking intelligent idea would all help
>>
File: 1464584883520.png (88KB, 782x472px) Image search: [Google]
1464584883520.png
88KB, 782x472px
>mfw ftv lore its pretty much derp depths and jitte plus other junk that will be 50c on release day
>mfw it probably wont be less than $150 kangaroo bucks here like every other ftv
>>
>>48579765
Mark of Asylum and Light of Sanction.

Feel free to add more things that synergize with that.
>>
>>48579794
what makes jitte so desireable?
>>
>>48579813
have you read the card? because it's one of the most busted equipment cards ever printed.
>>
>>48579794

Just be happy your Emu overlords even let you have hobbies you Cuckstralian

>>48579813

Her supple curves and sharp wit
>>
>>48579765
What are your blink outlets? Otherworldly Journey and Eerie Interlude?
>>
>>48579676
Or just visit a plane where that 'rule' isn't in effect
>>
File: 1448336845409.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1448336845409.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>48578656
>Mountain, Sol Ring, Fire Diamond
>Mountain, Kiki-Jiki
>Mountain, Seething Song, Molten Primordial
That was the first game I played with that deck, too. I'll never doubt mono-red again.
>>
>>48579833
ive seen the card, but i dont understand how its busted. a giant growth on a stick. not really anything broken about that
>>
>>48579860
it is also a kill spell and lifegain on a stick. all at the same time and for an affordable cost.
>>
>>48579793
k.

Chose Avacyn because all my EDH decks play blue. I wanted something different that isn't combo and can take out token builds and/or non overtuned combo decks.
I want Sunforger for instant response to wraths once Avacyn is on the field, I'd like to add other instants as a toolbox or to flicker my board if needed.
I want a reanimate and combat damage sub-theme because I play control a lot. Something to change up games from sitting back and waiting to counter something.
>>
>>48579870
You're pretty new to magic, aren't you?

Why not just build Uril and throw Avacyn in the 99? You could even build Narset if you really wanted to. R/W is a seriously bad proposition, I don't think you want to do it. No matter how well constructed you think your deck is, you'll flounder and be mad about it later on.
>>
>>48579860
Its the instant speed, colorless creature kill bra, also its on anyconbat damage not just to players AND you get two charges per hit. Put it on a doublestriker/vigilent or both i.e. Kalemne and you have a value-making machine
>>
>>48579860
Jitte isn't as great in EDH since the pump, -1/-1 counters and lifegain isn't all that amazing, but in formats other then EDH the card is stupid as fuck. Pump to help win combat, colorless removal, and lifegain against aggro/burn.
>>
>>48579868
just because of -2/-2? and i guess its lifegain, kinda negligible, unless its with angelic accord or something that needs the lifegain. might be okay with archangle of thune too
>>
>>48579807
>>48579843

Flicker so far:
Eldrazi Displacer
Eerie Interlude
Ghostway
Cloudshift
Flickerwisp
Conjurer's Closet
Erratic Portal

Flicker Targets:
Molten Primordial
Solemn Sim
Sun Titan
Linvala, The Preserver
Caldera Hellion
Knight of the White Orchid
Sandstone Oracle

The rest of it is just things to either double damage creatures do, return things to the battlefield, or give them haste.
>>
>>48579870

God you sound fucking butthurt, just go rub some cream on that buttsteam.
>>
>>48579938
It is underwhelming in edh but in sixty card formats, being able to trade with one dude in combat, then kill two more with kitte is very strong.
Hell, just take a look at a legacy deck like Death and Taxes and explain to me how a creature with jitte on it doesn't hose the deck completely.
>>
>>48579846
It's a meta rule, is the problem. It's not like a rule of the multiverse that females are angels, it's a design thing. They try not to break their longstanding themes unless for good reason. Then they bitch about it years later even when everyone loved it,.

>>48579704
Hey we've had evil females in the past. Just not exclusively. Let a man with a fetish with evil women dream.
>>
File: Master Transmuter.png (2MB, 2560x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Master Transmuter.png
2MB, 2560x2000px
>>48579239
>>
>>48579917
Narset gets hated out in my meta, so that's a no go.
Uril would be fun in the future, but not now.

I just want to play something different, If I get blown out by Zur, Rafiq or Sidisi then so be it. We usually just play for second place at that point anyway.

I appreciate the recommendations though.
>>
>>48579985
It was the serra angelfags that made this 'canon' in the first place. I'm just surprised today's tumblrinas havent forced them to abandon this tired trope
>>
File: 1.png (278KB, 389x469px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
278KB, 389x469px
>>48579980
>I want to make this deck
>that's fucking retarded, kys
>ok whatever
>omg you're so butthurt, troald eksdee
>>
File: 1440548927444.gif (1021KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1440548927444.gif
1021KB, 500x484px
>>48580024

Play

for

second

place
>>
>>48580064
Don't worry, it's probably just another one of the nephilimfags shitposting
>>
>>48580024
>>48579870
Anon, are you worried about tokens? There are a couple cards that make tokens extremely sad. Bile Blight is the first one that comes to mind and Elesh Norn is my waifu. Massacre Wurm is worth it 100% of the time, and you could always just splash more tokens or things with flying to make them extra sad. You know I have a pretty good Ayli deck just for that pur-

>>48580064
Oh, you're literally a child. Go on, build your totally cool R/W deck and lose every game, see if we care.
>>
>>48580101
I'm not the RW guy.
>>
>>48579239
>>
>>48580101

48580064 isn't me.

Also I've got an Ayli deck which is basically the EDH form of life.deck
It's a fairly old Legacy deck involving infinite life. It's the general I've been waiting to see for a long time.
>>
>>48580193
>infinite life
Literally worthless.
>>
>>48579765
You need good creatures to cover the holes your flash commander can leave, sfm serra ascendant, that sort of shit. Next two swords of protection to protect you from green black blue and red, and a nim deathmantle to make her flip effect more punishing. Putting kalemne, old gisela and brisela will give your deck some big turn right power without leaving you vulnerable to bribery. You already hit the last point but you want the full sunforger package, that now includes siguardas aid. Cheating mana is the best way to win a game of magic and getting to tutor and play any instant under 4 in your deck for 5 mana and not letting them know it is huge, you can also tutor up another sword and flash it on your transformed avecyn if its late enough in the game with your sunforger for a blowout.
>>
File: 635296321837431333.jpg (597KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
635296321837431333.jpg
597KB, 1920x1200px
So, I'm thinkin' 'bout convertin' my Damia, Sage of Stone deck into a storm deck if I can get ahold of FTV: Lore and just have Mind's Desire be my main payload, prob'ly usin' a ton of ramp to just vomit out all my spells. I'd rather avoid omniscience because I've been such a stern advocate against it, but I'm pretty much at 'fuck it' as far as that card's concerned. Any ideas and/or tips?
Here's a link to the deck as it is currently:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-of-the-stone-age-2/
>>
>>48564216
>>48579765

They other anons are right in that Boros has a hard time with card draw, but don't let that stop you. I also linked the post to my Kalemne deck. You might find some tools in their for your Avacyn.

One card that's not in there but I really should add is Scroll Rack. It does wonders in combination with Land Tax.
>>
>>48580273
Why are you against Omniscience?
>>
>>48579938
I have literally won games just because of jitte, the amount of combat manipulation you can do with it is insane.
>>
>>48580236
Tell that to Necropotence senpai

Life is a resource
>>
>>48580360
Fair enough.
>>
>>48580145
this guy is adorable.
>>
>>48579854
>turn 3, 2 Molten Primordials

What do you even steal with these, a mana dork? A reclamation sage?
>>
>>48580273
Please school me on how do you use Mind's Desire effectively in EDH.
>>
>>48580193
Sorry about that, I'm having a bit of a day. Work is fucking me around a little bit.

Want some spicy tech I've been brewing?
>Safe Passage + Heartless Hidestugu
All the fun, none of the damage. Throw in grafted exoskeleton for an instant win.
>Biron Stoutarm + Thunderblust
Toss 7 damage at your opponent, you get a 6/1 trample in return.
>Precursor Golem + Doublestrike
Super awesome if you blink the first one, Beserker's Onslaught is also my favorite double strike enabler, but unblocked that's 18 damage.
>Urabrask
Run him. Trust me.
>That new thalia
Literally a better Urabrask, also run her.
>Land Tax
Off colour ramp.
>Island Sanctuary
>Emeria, The Sky Ruin
Secret Sunforger tech for spicy occasions.
>>
>>48580517
land tax is on color ramp you goof
>>
>>48579543
I agree! I want to brew her just because she's a cutie.
>>
>>48580553
Man I derped pretty good. By off colour I meant not green land ramp, which is pretty rare in my opinion.
>>
>>48580322
Friend in the playgroup uses it to go off with Sphinx Bone-Wand and it's just associated with yawnin' and scoopin' from a game instead of watchin' him masturbate to victory.
>>
>>48580500
I don't know, hence why I'm askin'. I'm curious to see if it's even possible. I imagine that, if the storm count is high enough, it'd be like villainous wealthin' myself.
>>
>>48580577
Oh, is it like watching Azami go off?
>>
>>48579837
Memes of lel. Such wow. Very laugh.
>>
>>48580601
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>48580661
As long as you don't do that, it's probably fine.
>>
>>48580553
>>48580574
Y'all are both playing the part of The Dingus: Land Tax doesn't ramp. It mana fixes
>>
>>48579938
Play it with a voltron commander and the +2/+2 per activation is nothing to sneeze at. Look at Kalemne, Drop Jitte turn 2, Kalemne turn 3-4, equip and swing turn 4-5, next turn she becomes an 11/11 vigilance double striker, without any other boosts. Throw in some form of evasion or removal for their blockers and you can knock out an unprepared player turn 5. Jitte generates a lot of damage with minimal mana investment, so you can focus on protecting your commander.
While not always as relevant giving a mana dork/utility creature -1/-1 or -2/-2 is extremely powerful. Taking out a deathrite shaman, acidic slime, or kiki-jiki at instant speed without spending a card to do it is sweet. Hell, even the life gain is nice in a pinch, or with the fringe cases you mentioned like with Archangel of Thune.
On top of all that, the abilities can be activated without even equipping the Jitte. Imagine you have a few counters sitting on it after getting Kalemne removed. you recast her without the mana to reequip, but a haste enabler like boots. You can still pump the shit out of her, or remove random blockers to push damage through.
TL;DR Jitte is usually better in 60 card formats, but in the right decks can still be a powerfulvalue machine in EDH.
>>
>>48580484
Yeah, mostly. One guy had a Scarland Thrinax, so everyone but me was locked out of creatures until someone dealt with the Primordial.
>>
>>48580736
Friendo, the jitte must be equipped for the pump activations but otherwise you're right
>>
>>48580736
I goofed, you can't pump without being equipped, but you can still use the other options. I need to RTFC before talking it up.
>>
Can someone make a new thread? We're autosaging and I made one yesterday.
>>
>>48580722
depends on what the turn order is and what turn you play it on.
>>
>>48580577
[SPOILER]KROSAN GRIPUU!
>>
Anyone know when conspiracy 2 spoilers start?
>>
>>48580788

Barring effects that let you play additional lands, it can only give you cards but it can't ever make you have more land down then any other player that has been playing a land each turn. Ramp usually refers to anything that puts you ahead of the turn's mana curve
>>
>>48580804
Somehow, I don't own any and haven't gotten 'round to orderin' any. And ya don't always have it when ya need it.
>>
>>48580736
I run Jitte in Rafiq EDH and it just destroys. I also run it in legacy with SFM and TNN. It smashes pretty well. It's a magnificent card. It takes over EDH game really well on its own if you can get it out early. Even if you topdeck it, you're getting value.
>>
>>48580852
But when you do, it's glorious

I would make it my general if I could
>>
>>48580829
Calling it now, set will be 2 mediocre $10 rares than didnt really need a reprint, one chase legacy card (only valuable in foil) and the rest will be draft chaff going straight in the trash, wew lad
>>
>>48580919
B-but I don't want reprints. I want new cards!
>>
>>48580919
Nope, this is what we're going to get:
>Janky, but interesting $1 rares from other sets
>disgustingly powerful conspiracy cards that will be useless in all other formats
>a bunch of artifacts that get broken in Kaladesh
>a very expensive planeswalker
>return of weird colour infect cards, like Lost Leonin
>>
File: images(7).jpg (18KB, 402x366px) Image search: [Google]
images(7).jpg
18KB, 402x366px
>>48580919
>mfw theros block rare reprints (not thoughtsieze) and guildgates/lifelands taking 8 slots because "its a draft set"
>>
>>48580959
Please more red and blue infect cards wizards
>>
I have a set of stifles, including a foil, thanks to conspiracy. Can't complain.
>>
Maybe conspiracy 2: electric boogaloo will be pretty much m16, all core set reprints and a few legendaries and conspiracy cards
>>
Anyone have any spicy artifacts for a brago deck? I plan on using Kuldotha Forgemaster to sac some artifacts into blightsteel as an alternate winconn if I can't go infinite, or I can't attack with brago for whatever reason.

Right now, I have Tamiyo's Journal, Precursor Golem, Wurmcoil Engine, grimoire of the dead, ornithopter, epocracite, three-four rocks, and probably some other things I can't remember.
>>
>>48581048
Oh, strionic resonator too. I have a nim deathmantle in another deck I could probably steal, but don't really think I need.
>>
>>48580974
>it's a draft set
But man it is. It makes sense for Conspiracy. It was for chaotic drafts and free for all games. For shit like EMA it's stupid, but Conspiracy had cards that influenced drafts and were designed for multiplayer.
>>
>>48581077
EMA is also for drafting. The lifelands are only commons.
>>
>>48581048
Tanglewire is a given I presume
>>
>>48581140
>>48581140
>>48581140
Migrate you fucks.
>>
>>48581048
Get cantripping artifacts like Ichor Wellspring and Mycosynth Wellspring.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.