[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 33

Old one is Pining for the Fjords

books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

>First topic:
New stuff you can't wait to get your hands on?
>>
>>48562700
zipp, lucky emmisary, and the traditional deck. i was literally in the process of making stamps for the malifaux deck icons with the intention of stamping over normal playing cards than staining the deck. I'll pay the 12$ to have a really cool deck done for me
>>
The OP should probably get updated with a link to the print on demand service and the free PDF of the rules manual.
>>
>>48562885
I got the Through the Breach KS one recently which was pretty awesome. I love the portraits on the cards.
>>
>>48562886
Sorry 'bout that, I just copypasta'd from the last thread.
>>
>>48562916
happen to have a link?

also, anyone know of a place to find card sized print outs of GG2016 strats/schemes?
>>
>>48562932
It was just a general comment, not really aimed at you specifically.
>>
>>48562947
in order
http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.com/2015/10/unboxing-malifaux-fate-decks-adepticon.html

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/171684/Gaining-Grounds-2016-Strategy-and-Scheme-Deck
>>
Bit the bullet and bought Lilith+Zoraida box along with waldgeist and primordial magic. Did I make a mistake or can o learn how to play with these models?
>>
File: Overlap.jpg (707KB, 1998x1590px) Image search: [Google]
Overlap.jpg
707KB, 1998x1590px
>>48562978
10-4
I have something you can bitch at me specifically though. If you want to offer up opinions on lists I'm thinking about bringing for a Tourney.
>>
File: 1434387486553.gif (1MB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
1434387486553.gif
1MB, 400x393px
Can anyone make a list of enemies that I should watch out for as a starting Gremlin player?

Besides Pandora just fucking me up, I'm too new for any meta knowledge
>>
>>48563007
a great start for NB. I went for A box of young/ mature nephilim, nekima, and a BBS when I started as well though.
>>
File: wip.jpg (137KB, 567x811px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
137KB, 567x811px
rate my wip old cranky / trixy. haven't cleaned up base or really done much basing yet
>>
>>48563031
Care to specify? Any master can be devastating when played well. except maybe Lucius.
>>
>>48563000
thanks senpai, sweet deck and trips
>>
>>48563021
If it's Neverborn, 10T or Resser, sure. Those are the 3 factions I'm at all familiar with.
>>
>>48563089
Np and thanks. I really wanted the Breaching the Faux one that came out last year but the only dude who would sell it wanted 150 for it.
>>
>>48563007
That's a decent start. Pick up a doppleganger when you can. Lilith and Zoraida are good starting masters in that they can run basically everything in Nvb and get good results, Lilith because of her versatility and Zoraida because she's a force multiplier.
>>
>>48563053
Well, like Pandora's a fucking pain since Gremlin Wps are very low.

Everyone's bound to have models that I really can't ignore won't they?
>>
>>48563111
Eh well it's Misaki in Outcasts and Von schill. I posted it in the last thread.

Misaki -- 2ss
+Survivalist - 1ss
+Stalking Bisento - 2ss
+Cutpurse - 1ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
Jorogumo - 9ss
Jorogumo - 9ss
Jorogumo - 9ss
Yamaziko - 7ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
+Smoke & Shadows - 1ss

Jorogumo are there is kill everything, Misaki is there it pick off stragglers, the hodgepodge is there for his Card deal and to scheme run, and provided Yamizako lives long after turn 1 she runs schemes too. Trapper is there because he's cheap and gives me a bit of range.

Von Schill -- 1ss
+Survivalist - 1ss
+The Shirt Comes Off - 1ss
+Tally Sheet - 1ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Hans - 8ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
Lazarus - 10ss
Ronin - 6ss
Ronin - 6ss
Idea Behind this list is to get Von Schill in range and use his Reaper Ult over and over. Hans and the Trapper boys are on Sniping duty and Lazarus is on hoard clearing. The Ronin are in there as soulstones if needed and pokey run and murder junk and scheme run if they aren't.
>>
>>48563148
Indeed. The idea is to work around it. I was more asking what Master you were taking so we might be able to know stuff that can help you synergize.
>>
>>48563148
you could build a more eliteish gremlin crew with higher WP as well as liquid courage if you are afraid of things that go after WP
>>
>>48563164
I'm currently starting with Wong.

I currently fear Von Schill and Pandora the most, although I'm sure table experience will reveal more.
>>
>>48563164
>>48563180
I guess I'm primarily coming from Warmachine background where people will try to tailor their matchups depending on faction. I do know that since you build lists at every match, it won't be perfect, but I suspect that each faction will have a mainstay faction counters.
>>
>>48563184
Wong huh? Might I suggest that you take what >>48563180 said, and make a more elitish crew with guys like Francious, Trixy, possibly lenny (to give wong that extra +1 on the blast damage) and either lazarus or McTavish as wong's glowy targets.
>>
>>48563155
>>>48563111
>Eh well it's Misaki in Outcasts and Von schill. I posted it in the last thread.
>Misaki -- 2ss
>+Survivalist - 1ss
>+Stalking Bisento - 2ss
>+Cutpurse - 1ss
>Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
>Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
>Jorogumo - 9ss
>Jorogumo - 9ss
>Jorogumo - 9ss
>Yamaziko - 7ss
>+Oathkeeper - 1ss
>+Smoke & Shadows - 1ss
>Jorogumo are there is kill everything, Misaki is there it pick off stragglers, the hodgepodge is there for his Card deal and to scheme run, and provided Yamizako lives long after turn 1 she runs schemes too. Trapper is there because he's cheap and gives me a bit of range.
>Von Schill -- 1ss
>+Survivalist - 1ss
>+The Shirt Comes Off - 1ss
>+Tally Sheet - 1ss
>Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
>Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
>Hans - 8ss
>+Oathkeeper - 1ss
>Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
>Lazarus - 10ss
>Ronin - 6ss
>Ronin - 6ss
>Idea Behind this list is to get Von Schill in range and use his Reaper Ult over and over. Hans and the Trapper boys are on Sniping duty and Lazarus is on hoard clearing. The Ronin are in there as soulstones if needed and pokey run and murder junk and scheme run if they aren't.

For the misaki list, replace a jorogumo plus 1 ss for a Bishop. If you are getting rough and in close, Bishop is best for destroying enemies in melee. He has swift which is built in +1ap so he can benefit from oathkeeper.

He can choose a suit at the beginning of activation to add whatever suit he decides he wants for all duels during his activation which you really will appreciate for his attacks which has utility triggers for each suit. Crit strike, slow, ignore htk+incorp+armor ( ie the one you will pick the most in resser fights) and push 3".

The attack is 6 with 2/3/4.

For 2ap, you also get a Ml 7 attack that paralyzes.

He also has flurry.

Downside in stats is wk 4 but cg 7 and solid 6 df and wp
>>
>FTW you will never learn about Lady Justice without being infected by the tranny audio virus

Why even live?

Does Wyrd have an EU store you can order the Gencon shit from?
>>
>>48563813
tranny audio virus?
>>
File: assembly line.jpg (71KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
assembly line.jpg
71KB, 675x1200px
Well, making an attempt at Assembly Line tarot for TTB and fate decks hate me
>>
>>48562700
Played a tournament match and ended up with a -6 point differential on a 1-2 win/loss spread. The one win was a bye round that potentially cost me the black joker prize. I refuse to play to fail though.

What are good practices to select schemes/models better? I tend to lose because I pick schemes that don't work against the enemy crew or they do work to get partial credit and the opponent dances around with 10T Brothers or things that Leap.
>>
>>48563932
Reference to last thread.

Schemes and stones put out their Lady Justice episode. The co host is a tranny who's voice is goddamn painful to listen to. It's obviously a man pretending to be a woman and makes your skin crawl.
>>
>>48564031
that's hot. that's a hot way to live
>>
>>48562700
>New stuff you can't wait to get your hands on?
Carrion Emissary mostly, Reva if she ends up competetive-looking. Maybe Anna, but I doubt I could fit her in too many lists.

>>48563813
I have some good news, my fellow shitlord, Lady J is fucking easy to play, the only tricks to it are her delivery methods via Death Marshals/Brutal Emissary. And if you play her, be prepared that she will die in most games.
>>
Well I'm going to be in THREE factions now. Ressur/Outcast served me well due to the massive crossover, but with Asami coming i guess I'm also a Thunder. Yan Lo and Misaki will help me get more crossover at least!
>>
Can anyone recommend any good step-by-step painting guides for the Malifaux? Beasts especially.
>>
>>48563478
Not sure I feel the same way about dropping a jorogumo. Bishop not being a last blossom and needing to actively dig into other points of the list makes him kind of unappealing to me ATM.

>>48564796
Super looking forward to reva and asami myself.
>>
File: 20160723_012238.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_012238.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Reposting the mega link i posted last thread, it has all current statcards, ready to print.
https://mega.nz/#!fdxQWLpD!sGoFC-_9J4v5RP-JACGYyDCyXBZoJFqCK1Q_88VjxgM
>>
>>48565716
Honestly I'm not getting Reva or Barrows. Someone else i know is getting Barrows so I'll probably borrow him to try out before i commit to buying and Reva would just be "Box of Shieldbearers" for me, she looks boring as fuck to play. McSeamPutina offers nothing new to the game at all in my opinion. Corpse marker manipulation other than summoning is cool, but she just uses it for very bland stuff. I would have preferred it if she was sort of "Pandora but with corpses" or something.
>>48565845
Thanks
>>
I won TWO GAMES today. TWO. That's basically doubled my wincount! I'm Approaching 25% winrate!
>>
Give me sexy ladies and I'll give you NB.
>>
>>48565881
I'd wait for the official version of her upgrades and her crew to judge Reva. It might even turn out that her crew box is useful for the Minions and Henchman even if you are not interested in the master as in the case of LadyJ.
>>
>>48565909

...I only just saw the ice cream the bigass zombie in the back has.
>>
>>48565909
What red blooded man wouldn't take a moment to appreciate this curvaceous figure?

Is that a new ancestor on the left? Looks more Kirai themed, so i guess its probably just a spirit. It will be HELL to paint/assemble if those spirit things are solid.

Looks like McMourning has been hard at work, unless Albus has added new courses this semester.
>>
File: Gozer_the_Destructor.jpg (94KB, 720x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Gozer_the_Destructor.jpg
94KB, 720x1100px
>>48565940
>>48565909
Gozer would be a Neverborn right?
>>
>>48565909
Did the Draugr change in the later phases of Beta? In the early versions they were able to change their Ht at the start of their activations and some of their abilities and their damage track changed in accordance with it. I've expected three norse monstrosities of different sizes, but they are all the same height and they are not even norse-looking anymore. Fuck it, it's a shame if Reva's whole bunch lost the norse theme.
>>
>>48566019
Really? The axe style and the runes scream norse to me. Remember that Wyrd has a policy against depicting real world religions though and Asatru IS still a practiced religion, if an uncommon one,
>>
>>48566034
True, but I'd have appreciated if they were more norse looking, had more crooked limbs and were of different heights (if they have kept that ability).
>>
>>48566034
Also I doubt Draugr have a place in the Asatru religious canon and would offend any practitioner. It's the same with the Nephilim, their name is from the Genesis and their depiction is clearly based on the Christian depiction of devils. Lilith is also from Jewish mythology (based on a Mesopotamian goddess).
>>
>>48565922

One tester mention an upgrade that had a push, though I can't remember if it was friendly or enemy.
>>
File: Zoraida.jpg (163KB, 1240x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Zoraida.jpg
163KB, 1240x1024px
>>48565909
You can't get any sexier than this.
>>
>>48566344
True enough.
>>
>>48566367
Wow. First Lilith being one of the most versatile and fun Masters to play and now this... Getting more and more tempted to switch from Ressers.
>>
>>48566367
I assume those fat things with skulls are the same unit? Looks like tons of fun. Can't wait to see what the deal is with the beasts and the old dude on the right.
>>
>>48566479
I think that the bearded guy might be a part of a spider thing.
>>
>>48566522
He seems about to be eaten.
>>
>>48566522
>>48566552
He is. That art was actually in a recent chronicles, the story about the monsters in the shadows.
>>
>>48565909
>>48566367
Holy shit Archie, that Goryo, and the Rougarou all look amazing.
>>
That's three threads in a row that hit cap.

I'm proud of you guys!
>>
>>48567088

Spoiler season usually helps boost thread numbers.

The real test will be post Gencon.
>>
>>48566367
Corrupted... Bears? To go with corrupted hounds?
Is the prospector part of the spider model?
>>
>>48567169
Nah, undead werewolves.
>>
>>48566130
I'm not saying they don't have figures with resemblance to or names referencing religion, I'm saying they have certain lines which is probably why Draugr don't look TOO norse. They have a guy called Lazarus who essentially came back from the dead.
>>
>>48567208
...Why are they neverborn then?
>>
>>48564026
You can't control your opponent, only yourself. Pick schemes you know you can accomplish. Which faction and masters do you play?
>>
>>48567223
Ask Jack Daw and Leveticus. Or Hayreddin.
>>
>>48567231
Hayreddin is exactly what I'm talking about, undeath is so despised by the neverborn he's banned from them. Killjoy is an undead neverborn so he's banned from them.
Levi is not a ressur and doesn't use their methods at all, instead raising corpses through machinery and some kind of strange connection to the afterlife. JD doesn't serve the grave spirit and wasn't raised by him, there's no reason for him to be ressur either. I wouldn't mind undead werewolves being outcast, arcanist, ressur or just about anything EXCEPT Neverborn.
>>
>>48567262
It's despised by the Nephilim, to be precise, as the Neverborn are not a homogenous bunch. But Titania and Co. were there before the Nephilim. I have no idea if they were undead by default or it was just the side-effect of their imprisonment.
>>
Is Lucius a good master for someone buying the starter set?
>>
>>48567338
Well yes, since he can use either set of models.
But he's not exactly top tier, so you will have to use him smart. That said i think he should work very well with Grimwell and Heartsbane, since both have great actions for him to command them to use.
>>
>>48560705 from last thread got me thinking about the structure of the Strats/Schemes distribution.
Is there a reason or rationale behind which are suits and which are numbers?
More specifically, why are Distract and Stake a Claim the doubles and jokers ones (the rarest, least played)?
Or whatever the GG2016 equivalents are, my PDF reader is playing up.

>>48563041
Pretty good bro.
Highlighting on Trixie's shorts is maybe a little heavy-handed, but I definitely couldn't do any better.
Her hair could maybe be a slightly stronger colour too, just to separate out from the hat highlights.

>>48564026
>don't work against enemy
Try and Scheme-spot based on enemy faction? I'm not sure what to advise here.
>opponent dances around with...
Identify your own Faction's 'spoiler' models to hunt/block their Scheme runners.

>>48563813
>>48563932
>>48564031
Last thread I sort-of started an argument accusing a poster who advanced this complaint of being a fuckwit.
Having listened, that really is an awfully irritating voice to listen to - apologies, Anon.

>>48565909
Not a big fan of the FF7fuckhueg weapons from this round of Ressurs.
>>
>>48567228
I play Von Schill, Jack Daw, and the Viks and will be picking up Parker. I have no/low interest in the other masters aside from stealing Rusty from Levi (I picked up the metal).

Aside from GenCon sale items, I don't have Lazarus, Killjoy, Void Wretches, Ashes & Dust, but I have just about all the other key stuff. I plan on grabbing Big Jake, Winged Plague to use instead of the wretches, Jaakuna for Jack.

I'm waffling on the Hodgepodge Emissary and Anna.
>>
>>48567088
>>48567130
>>48567130
Word, there's been better Malifaux discussion this week than there has been in the last year.
Can't wait for GenCon to ruin it.

>>48567338
>>48567376
Counterpoint: Isn't he also awkward to learn and generally bad?
>>
>>48566367
Is that Neverborn Marcus?

>We want the Harley Quinn market

>>48567380
I told you bout dem trannies dawg! It just keeps happening!
>>
>>48567421
Neverborn Marcus?

>>48567380
A big factor is how widely viable they are. Schemes that anyone can complete are going to be on suits or doubles, whereas schemes that require more finesse or heavily cripple certain masters are going to be on numbers. There are no joker schemes.

>>48567262
Are you ignoring the fact that Titania is undead? Only the Nephilim despise undeath.
>>
>>48567470
All Neverborn up until Titania despised it, not just nephilim.
>>
>>48567470
>how widely viable they are.
Fair enough, as far as it goes.
I guess it hasn't always been the case, but every Faction now has the necessary pieces in the toolbox to complete every Scheme reasonably well, right?
>>
>>48567514
Perhaps, but every master isn't built for all schemes I'm imagining.
>>
>>48567481
No, they didn't. The staunchly anti-undead in neverborn is strictly a Nephilim thing.

>>48567514
Yeah, it more comes down to the masters. Some masters just don't work when certain schemes are in the pool.
>>
If you had to take a single crew to deal for a tournament. No switching just a straight "This is my 35SS for the day" what would you take?
>>
>>48565716
>>>48563478 (You)
>Not sure I feel the same way about dropping a jorogumo. Bishop not being a last blossom and needing to actively dig into other points of the list makes him kind of unappealing to me ATM.
>>>48564796
>Super looking forward to reva and asami myself.

Oh missed that smoke and mirrors. Yah fuck bishop.

Reva is awesome. During beta her card changed on every single update because there were more and more ways to break her. She used to be able to create a ton of corpses and her attack was absolutely destructive and there was no way to defend yourself from her. I think she got to a good place but you will see the remnants of her past forms in the weird phrasing of her abilities.
>>
>>48567546
>>48567598
>Some masters just don't work when certain schemes are in the pool.
I hadn't thoughtof it from that angle - I guess if Assassinate was suited Levi would be...
I just checked and it is. Huh.
What's teh GG2016 equivalent?

And what are other Masters that flat can't do/can't contest Schemes?
>>
>>48564026
>>48567387
Just a bump to point to my post.

>>48567703
Neutralize the leader is a free 3 points against Levi since he will die and leave play every match. When I see this scheme I almost always take Hannah with the Void upgrade so I can cheat in a 13 to bury the master and then have my beater models smack them around. I don't need to kill them, just get them to half and make them leave play once. Got a 9-5 win against a Pandora list that way.

Far as the question on which masters...that's kinda tough since the pool will most often determine what the crew will be composed of. But generally speaking, I never take Von Schill unless a lot of the pool is about holding the center or key points because I likes my freikorpsman in the don't die bubble.

Speaking of the 5point guys. I find I love them as much as Ronin. Duck and Weave makes them dead hard to deal with. I had one dempsey rolling to tank Huggy and an Illuminated and going completely untouched for the whole match for Guard the Stash.
>>
So should I bother getting the Schemes and strats deck, or is there a GG2016 deck?
>>
>>48567844
I'd say get both if you plan to play in tournaments since the strats are sometimes used along with the new scheme pool. If you are playing casual with friends, you should all decide on whether to use old or new and buy what is agreed upon.

That said, I find the new scheme pool FAR more fun and forgiving since it creates closer matches. You don't have as much a problem of a single turn screwing you out of 3-6 points as you build gradually. But the old schemes allow for insanity of having, say Trixibelle drop three markers on the center line on her own for Line in the Sand; cheese that the GG2016 schemes don't allow.
>>
>>48567659
>Tournament
>35ss

>>48567703
Ironsides just gives away free points in Deliver a Message. Summoners are generally bad when in the scheme for killing minions(can't remember it's name).
>>
>>48567923
35/50. Doesn't matter, I'm just curious what people would take for an all comers list.
>>
>>48567387
That looks like a solid pool. Focus on schemes you can do easily. Blood rocks at hunting party, for example.
>>
>>48567959
Classic UK Neverborn filth list:

Neverborn
50ss Crew

Lilith -- 7ss
+On Wings Of Darkness - 1ss
+Beckon Malifaux - 1ss

Primordial Magic - 2ss

Doppleganger - 7ss

Johan - 7ss

Mr. Graves - 8ss

Nekima - 13ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Terror Tot - 4ss
>>
>>48567874
Can you get the gg2016 from the wyrd store or can you only get them from that print on demand service?
>>
>>48567959
Molly w/ forgotten path, spare parts, take back the night
Sybelle w/ bleeding tongue, not too banged up
Carrion Emissary w/ conflux of horror
Killjoy
Rotten Belle or Nurse
Crooligan
7SS
>>
File: 20160726_143511.jpg (40KB, 424x571px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_143511.jpg
40KB, 424x571px
>>48568160
I believe only from the print on demand. But we'll see what happens during the Gencon sale. But I suspect that they're focused on selling models with the packed in cards and extra stuff must come from wargamevault. If you want to save on shipping, I'd say get both decks from wargame vault and save yourself the trouble.

>>48568145
Thanks, I think the key is to identify who can do what easily. Denial is as simple as shooting things in the face or placing a Trapper or two in a good spot to zap things in the face.
>>
>>48567380
>guy who posted that in the last thread here
To answer your question on schemes I assume it's to give a good pool of common ones, you will always see 2/6 schemes based on their suits with the other 1-13 being mostly random. So I assume that this in turn is to make you want to focus on learning the 4 suit (and doubles) schemes so that you are good at them like convict labor, since they will usually be in the pool.

I dunno that's how I perceive it. But I could be talking out my ass.
>>
>>48568151
>>>48567959
>Classic UK Neverborn filth list:
>Neverborn
>50ss Crew
>Lilith -- 7ss
> +On Wings Of Darkness - 1ss
> +Beckon Malifaux - 1ss
>Primordial Magic - 2ss
>Doppleganger - 7ss
>Johan - 7ss
>Mr. Graves - 8ss
>Nekima - 13ss
>Terror Tot - 4ss
>Terror Tot - 4ss

Why no blade upgrade?
>>
>>48569125
I haven't made up the list and I don't even play Neverborn, but my guess is that it's a bit expensive for 2 SS, the crew and Lilith herself has decent enough damage without it and she'd most likely spend most of her AP controlling the board instead of hitting things.
>>
Sandeep:
Ice Gamin or Fire?
>>
>>48567703
Gaining grounds is Neutralize Leader on a 3.

And where Levi used to like Assassinate because he is never killed just buried and unburied he is free points with Neutralize Leader where they just need to leave play and/or be reduced below half wounds.
>>
>>48570190
Both are all around minions for their cost

Fire gamin are faster and hit harder with their attacks. So they make better scheme runners that can hunt down similar costed models.

Ice Gamin are more durable but slow and can get deadly in packs where one ups the damage of the others via their tactical action. So better at holding points or working with each other.
>>
>>48570738
Good to know.
As a new Colette player, I'm inclined to think Fire Gamin would be the priority for damage dealing, but should I be focusing on improving the (not great) durability of the crew?
>>
>>48571370
We'll for Colette I'm not inclined to go for gamin unless the Mechanical rider is summoning them. The way she often uses prompt makes it better to go for models that hit harder to get them most out of the AP. That said a gamin or two outside her main force could be a good way to scheme run on the flanks.
>>
>>48570190
Don't forget Metal. Up a model's Df, take multiple AP to kill, and clutch Magnetism to kill armored foes.
>>
File: masters updated.jpg (1MB, 1998x1590px) Image search: [Google]
masters updated.jpg
1MB, 1998x1590px
>>
>>48571856
Outcast Arcanist and Arcanist Gremlin when?
Why was Wong not an Arcanist? He's blue and everything.
>>
>>48571929
Arcanist just don't seem to get dual faction masters for whatever reason.
the fact that Hoffman isn't dual faction really surprises me
>>
>>48571856
>>48571929
Marcus, Rasputina and maybe Kaeris all seem like potential Outcasts, fluff-wise.

Maybe Zipp could've been Construct-y Arrcanist too, with those ugly-ass roboskeetlins.
>>
>>48562700
Anyone played in a Campaign yet?
Any stories?
>>
>>48572179
Do you mean TTB or a campaign game of Malifaux? I've done both and have story times.
>>
File: neverborno.jpg (166KB, 1110x735px) Image search: [Google]
neverborno.jpg
166KB, 1110x735px
>>48571856
I love you for updating my old one with new masters. Was going to do it myself.
>>
File: masters.jpg (2MB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
masters.jpg
2MB, 4000x4000px
>>48572404
Still have some old files.
>>
>>48572340
The second one.

I'm thinking about doing a demo game for some friends, and hopefully cajoling them into a campaign.
>>
>>48572179
>>48572340
>>48572502
It's not a very your-dudes game, I think that's why you don't hear about them as much.

The campaign upgrade system isn't all that detailed either, whcih maybe makes it compare unfavourably with Mordheim?

>>48571962
>Hoffman
Good point, that does seem like a pretty obvious one.
Maybe he'd be clashing gimmicks too directly with Ramos?
>>
>>48572502
Well, it's a great way to learn models since it is a definite slow grow. But it has the potential for things to get stupid broken. As an example, if a player gets injuries on unimportant models and then never risk their deaths, they keep a low Campaign rating so they're going into games with 10+ Soul Stones before even considering the game.

My advice. Set a definite end (I like 7 or 8 weeks with two games per week max) and use the ranking victory rules (especially with headquarters) to discourage people laming out and not using injured dudes. And be sure to talk about it if someone goes traitor or if they manage to get a zombie Chihuahua a flamethrower.

Also, nothing says Screw you faster than Vik of Blood with Von Schill robo boots or Moon Shinobi with the relic gun.
>>
>>48572642
Very good point about the "Your Dudes" problem. I look at Campaign as a fun way to learn how to play. It's not my favorite, but as long as no one's being a dick it's aces.

I totally miss the Necromunda campaigns though.Kinda Miss Big McLargehuge being a better gun than a gun by throwing grenades with his massive strongth.
>>
>>48572340
>TTB storytimes
Do go on.
>>
>>48572179
It's a fun change of pace, but it can be hard to coordinate lots of people and the games can get pretty silly.

Last campaign I got Dr. Grimwell w/ + flips to damage running around lobotomizing people. I also had a Peacekeeper with dynamite enjoying blasts on all his attacks.
>>
>>48572887
Sure thing. .

So the set up that I had was that everyone came from a mid-western village or boom town. They were kids and a breach opened with monsters pouring through and terrorizing the town and killed their parents until a German woman crusader comes in and saves the day and distantly adopts the party. That way everyone can develop how they like, but they have a tie to each other.

The party knows that the setup is that "Granny" contacts them and asks them to come to Malifaux and go to her manor to help with something important after a five year absence.

>The Party; A woman who was lost through the Breach and had to shoot things to survive and eventually stumbles upon the party. A black rail worker with a robotic arm. We had a techmage but she stopped coming after the first session. A mercenary gunman who heard about the Freikorps and wants to join. Later on we got a doc who turned out to be a sociopath.

So, the big stories that I can think of are how...

1) The campaign turned into Breaking Bad where they conned Gremlins to dealing drugs for them in exchange for 50 pounds of bacon.

2) How they single handedly destroyed Ridley City by crippling the rail station and making sink holes.

3) How the gunlady mentioned above pissed us off by complaining about her magical powers being too week, despite having fear bullets, invisibility, and being effectively invisible when standing next to friendlies.
>>
>>48572658
>Chihuahua a flamethrower.
>>48573091
>Peacekeeper with dynamite

These sound like strong recommendations in my book.
>>
>>48573164
>conned
>50 pounds of bacon.

Sounds like a square deal to me.
>>
>>48573164
So Anon contacted me, turns out he played in my online TTB game. So, he's requested Breaking Bad with Gremlins.

>The Party was tasked with getting an experimental drug from a Pinkerton factory in Ridley City.
>They learn that the drug is supposed to be a wonderdrug cure-all but it's locked up tight and word hasn't spread.
>Party gets it in their heads to sell a drug claiming to be a wonderdrug called "Punkerton's" tonic, hoping to summon lawyers to sue them so they can ambush them or negotiate for an audience into the lab so they can raid it. MFW
> One player had a destiny step about causing untold havoc in a region (couldn't recall which off the top of my head), so I offer him an easy out with knowledge from a mysterious source. He accepts and gains a cool power and a drug formula that actually works.
>They make it and mass produce it in bathrubs and convince gremlins to sell the batch for 1 scrip accepting the loss figuring "If it's addictive we'll be rich with our next batch.". The deal to the Gremlins is 50pounds of bacon a day (since it's like 5 bucks and they, at this point, robbed a stage coach and a museum and are swimming in dough.) Telltale sign comes up in my head "Gremlins will remember that"
>One of the party, the mercenary, wasn't satisfied with waiting so he took a vial and gave it to the innkeeper who was, effectively Hans Moleman from the Simpsons. Bullies the man into drinking and I, doing my best old guy voice say "G'damn sonny stop bein' an asshole" he drinks it and can dance around the room and sees perfectly fine.
>I somehow keep a straight face as he runs out and starts handing it out to Freikorpsmann including a librarian who says, "Von Schill has a cold and I'll let him try some".
>>
>>48572658
>>48573091
>>48573294
I think the system does work fine as far as balance goes.
Anyone who's played in a Mordheim campaign and wants to claim there weren't a couple of runaway winners and at least one bitch gang that got battered every game can stop lying.
And anyone that has a problem with it needs to get a grip

>>48572721
I think the biggest problem is that even though the upgrades have a bit of personality, or maybe because of it, the crews don't always feel particularly cohesive in theme.
Spirits with Rocket Boots and the like is just a bit off-tone for my tastes.
>>
>>48573420
>>48573336
>>48573164
>>That night, Hans Moleman is walking down the hotel hallway telling people to turn off their lights and go to bed. Spontaneously combusts. People are screaming in the streets from spontaneous combustion and I end the session there as the mercenary realizes "I may have killed Von Schill."
>The gunlady who claimed to be good aligned is IC and OOCly complaining that "We won't get paid if everyone dies". The doc is laughing because he knew that accepting a drug formula from an unknown source was a bad idea. John Henry with robo arm decides the plan is stupid and knocks on the front door of the factory and bluffs himself inside. (stupid red joker on a double negative flip)
>Adventure continues and they learn that the unknown source gave them the true formula all along that Granny wanted. Apparently Pinkerton's tonic IS a cureall and an important ingredient to instrumentality reservoir poison drink, buuuut it kinda reacts badly to people who follow The whispers and they spontaneously combust. They realize Hans Moleman is a necromancer and go into his basement.
>Basement is a temple to the graveyard spirit and, long story short, they end up running away from a super zombie and end up having to ride down the Ridley sewer channels to escape.
>It's been four days at this point..I flip for random encounters and score a Severe Rams.
>I know what must be done.
>Session ends with the Gremlins surrounding the party demanding the 150 pounds of bacon they owe from three days of drug dealing.
>>
>>48573164
And now sit around for the tail of how the party, over the course of three days, wrecked Ridley City.

>The party had, in the first session, robbed an old chinese guy of an Urn that had a hidden soul stone within. So they return the urn, convince him to not checkit, and then leave.
>Chinese dude will remember that.
>On the way back up from a sourthern rail station, they are on a train with Three Kingdoms spies who want the stones and a pound of flesh. Party says no, train fight begins.
>After slaughtering most the torakage with the gunfighter damn near passing out from a terrible wound, one torakage decides that failure is dishonoraburu and kamikazes the brakes. Should be fine but...the party had a shot redirected to the conductor and couldn't get to him in time to save it.
>"Does anyone have engineering" No, because the techmage was MIA.
>Sociopathic Doc decides to use mathematics to overload the engines with fuel hoping to have it run out of steam and break at the exact point needed. I think it's a cool idea so I let him flip. Black Joker.
>I take the player outside and we discuss what actually happens.
>The party nearly dies because the train does brake right at Ridley Station, but it's now a ticking time bomb.
>Party flees the scene and it explodes, now they are known saboteurs and suspected Malifaux City terrorists.
>Party merc scores a red joker and fashions up party masks and the party passes themselves off as mountain folk, has to steal winter clothes to make it work.
>Fast forward to after they robbed a museum and arrnage to shift the blame by bribing a printing press company. They discover that the museum curator is working with The Cult of December and has M. Bison Wendigo breeding tubes/factory in his basement.
>Party Doc decides to blow it up. For some reason refused the demolitionist class but whatever.
>Black Joker...shit.
>>
>>48573825
>Describe how whole swathes of the streets of Ridley in that and two nearby districts sink into the ground. Churches proclaim that the end is nigh and folks are sinning, John Henry manages to convince other districts that this is true. And with people spontaneously combusting, it must be true rite guys.
>Ridley cops can't contain the mass histeria. So, this is the point when they dealt with Hans Moleman's basement.
>But a bounty is now out for their heads. Swiggity Swooty gettin' dat booty.
>Campaign ends when the Gremlins beat these characters asses.

All told I had a great time.
>>
>>48573544
Totally agree with this. But, it can be frustrating to play against a guy who has 15+Soulstones because you try and keep your guys healthy.

But, if you play with the victory point rules that actually dock points for injuries this is heavily discouraged.
>>
>>48573946
Know what...I'm going to reverse my opinion. I dug up my old arsenal sheet and remember how my Sebastian Campaign crew was the most divalicious crew of all time.

>Nurse and a Rotten take injuries and get Big Head, must pay 6SS to hire each.
>A Canine Remain gets Big Head
>MFW I realize I have Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, and Princess in my crew.
>A Flesh Construct starts hearing voices and gets Flashbacks...Gets paralyzed everytime anything charges cause I need a TN 14 with a -2 WP penalty
>McMourning had an avatar form but kept dying and would always go on Mystical Journeys and never showed up to a fight until turn 3.
>A second nurse gets Blood Hex so I have to go back to using Nicole Richie who proceeds to do NOTHING of note for two games...probably pissed that I dared separate her from her bestie.
>>
>>48574145
>>MFW I realize I have Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, and Princess in my crew.
>MFW YFW
That sounds even worse than Mordheim for going brutally off-track.
>>
File: Lionel Richie.jpg (12KB, 193x172px) Image search: [Google]
Lionel Richie.jpg
12KB, 193x172px
>>48574705
>MFW YFW MFW
>>
File: 1279740508675.jpg (38KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
1279740508675.jpg
38KB, 604x483px
So Misaki & Von schill anon from WAY earlier in the thread.
I've been thinking about those lists for the better part of the day and I think I'm going to play them for the tourney. My only question is the Schill crew, I have Lazarus in the list to dish out more shooting but I'm wondering if I should go with something else considering I don't have anything to give him more AP or will him to do something else. So thats a 10 SS gap, what do you guys recommend?
>>
The best flavor in the upcoming releases is never born. It gives an upgrade to a target and is buried. It can then attack from that model using the upgraded model's height plus 2".

It lives in the upgraded model's shadow and taller the model, the longer the shadow.
>>
>>48575572
That's the raddest thing I've ever heard. Which model is that?
>>
>>48575572
If that's realy how it plays that is so amazing. Especially if it can't be attacked normally. Like they need to kill the 'host' or send it off alone to not threaten their other models.

>>48575708
Pretty sure it's that spider looming up behind the old man.
>>
>>48575877
>Spider
This is exactly the answer I was hoping for.
>>
Man I can't decide on my first crew, friend is going with Pandora and Neverborn which is no real surprise since he loves horror and tim burton.

anything I should know about my short list of masters?

thinking one of these, Schill, Mei, Rasputina, Ramos, Veronikas, Leveticus
>>
File: jm.jpg (44KB, 621x356px) Image search: [Google]
jm.jpg
44KB, 621x356px
>>48576035

I'm curious how Schill stays alive in this universe, seems like Malifaux's John McClane
>>
>>48575708
>>>48575572
>That's the raddest thing I've ever heard. Which model is that?

The bandersnatch. Rare 3 minion. It puts a upgrade on the target model when it leaps into the shadows. The upgrade has a two tick countdown so it will have to come out in turn 3 when it activates. it is buried that if the upgrade is removed the bandersnatch has to come out. its attacks can pull the target to the model above ground or it can cause the target to be forced to attack the model who the bandersnatch lives in because the target doesn't know the the shadow is actually attacking him.

I love the upgrade form of hiding because that might mean Hans will have to kill someone's shadow to get the critters out with Ping!
>>
>>48576599

I wonder how it interacts with Tara's bury silliness.
>>
>>48576599
The dude from Into the Steam? I remember facing that in ca ampaign, fuck that
>>
>>48576941
>>>48576599 (You)
>I wonder how it interacts with Tara's bury silliness.

The upgrade it attaches is the only thing that can make it attack from the model on ground. You can hit it directly underground and pop it out early which is neat
>>
>>48576035
>>48576277
You mean John Hogan McClane right?

Anyway, here's what I can say about the ones I know.

Von Schill: Talented generalist. Is good to decent at everything. Can shoot, can fight, projects an aura of awesome badassery to his theme team and can take his shirt off to heal and scare people with man boobs and cannot be pinned down since rocket boots. Buut, he has an average melee dmg spread (that ignores armor admittedly) and has only 1inch reach and his gun tends to not get used as he gets stuck in.

Viktorias: Cruise Missiles bar none. They don't need a lot of crew support to do their intended job and can teleport around. Line of sight and spacing is SUPER important to them though as there's a 4 inch bubble (from 2 inches to 6 inches space) where their abilities do nothing. The key though is to not drool over the potential 9 damage a pop and put it in too deep too soon
>>
>>48578817

Thanks for reply, went with Von Schill, and outcasts overall as I just saw Parker Barrows and fell in love with his crew's models.

Ordered Hired Guns + Lazarus to start, as well as boring things like rules and markers and a fate deck
>>
With the cool new NB stuff coming out, I wanted to get into Lucius because of his cool model even if his rules aren't so great. Is pic related a decent choice to go with him? I want to focus on mimics with some tots on the front line. Plan to have a doppelganger, two lawyers, a beckoner, and Graves along with the guys that come in his box like Dashel and the guild guards.
>>
>>48579021
Funny thing is. Most people say that to start outcasts you pick up what you want + Von Schill's box and you have a solid core of units. Good choice my fella merc friend!
>>
>>48579176

The other route is starting Ressers and realizing you already have models for three and a fifth masters so you might as well take the plunge.
>>
File: Rusty Alyce.jpg (16KB, 235x290px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty Alyce.jpg
16KB, 235x290px
Thinking about sticking rusty alice into my Von Schill sniper list so that Laz gets reactivate but this would drop down to a 6 model count. With no ronin to give me "free" soulstones when I need them... I dunno I almost feel like I'm trying to hard to maximize lazarus' place in the list.
>>
>>48579472
I'm onto you.
>>
>>48579478

Lazarus is already solid even without other constructs or Alice to reactivate him.

>>48579495

It's too late for me anon.
>>
>>48579516
So should I ditch alice and go with Two ronin or do you think the alice idea is a good 'un? or do you have another suggestion on what to do with 12 points in a shooty list?

(I briefly considered taking 3 void wretches for scheme runners)
>>
>>48579563

To some degree it would depend on the scheme, but I think having a wretch or two as runners isn't a bad idea. Three is overkill for sure. I'm not sure on Alice herself. I think she's worth it if your opponent has a lot of charging models, but I think her place is in a construct heavy Levi crew.

I do have a couple of model suggestions you might want to look into.

Hodgepodge Effigy might be nice if Von Shill is going to be racking in the kills himself and has Accomplice.

Sue is a great toolbox and adds even more dakka to your list.

Johan is a solid beater for his price and brings along condition removal.
>>
>>48579727
I originally had the effigy in the list.

Current list:
Von Schill -- 5ss
+Survivalist - 1ss
+The Shirt Comes Off - 1ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Hans - 8ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
Lazarus - 10ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
Void Wretch - 4ss

Changes?
>>
So are avatar models coming out? Thought I saw some pics of them before
>>
>>48581502
Nope. You might have seen the vintage models, or have mistaken the Emissaries for the Avatars.
>>
>>48576277
It's impossible to actually kill a man as manly as he is. The real question is how does he have money for anything else considering how often he rips up his shirts.
>>
>>48582082
Hodgepodge Emissary is going to be absolutely necessary with him. Gotta rip it up every turn.
>>
I saw many of you guys post things from beta, is there a chance to find wave 4 model rules on internet? Hint for what to search?
>>
>>48582842
>Hint for what to search?
Time machine for Gencon.
>>
>>48582886
Thanks for help, now I need to use my google-fu :) I hope it will works
>>
What would a good budget start to NB be? I dig every master in faction. But if I had to pick, Pandora or Dreamer would be preferred starts
>>
so I'm thinking of becoming a henchmen and I'm trying to plan out what crews I should use for demoing. So far I've got raspy, Marcus, kaeris, and soon to be Sandeep. I was planning on using raspy since she's a pretty straight forward spellslinger, but I wanted to use a melee heavy box so I would have two distinct play styles to show off. Of the ones I have Marcus is the only one that can do melee but I'm not sure if hes the right choice.

I was thinking of mei feng for an in faction melee beater. She's not super complex and she can show case comboing and chain abilities. For out of faction lady j seems pretty obvious. I'm not the biggest fan of the guild though so it would really just be her. Miaski was another option. I like outcasts but I'm not sure how challenging her playstyle is. I haven't looked into her to much. I just know the general gist of it.

As far as othe factions go I'm not a fan of nb and ressers.
>>
>>48585016
I know very little about Arcs, but I think Marcus would work. It's not like he's a summoner, and he does show off the "cool, I can hire out of faction stuff?" thing
>>
>>48579159
Candy is great for shutting down models with Sweets and Sours. She can also heal the models that Lucius hits with Devil's Deal.

Are you running Neverborn or Guild Lucius?
>>
>>48584990
Dreamer Box, Pandora Box, Widow Weaver, Teddy, Insidious Madness, Doppleganger, Lelu+Lilutu, Stitched together, Primordial Magic.

Not so budget, but it covers everything you might need.
>>
>>48584990
Pandora box, Doppleganger, Teddy, Primordial Magic is a great start.
>>
question about Malifaux plastics, do you use super glue on them like Privateer Press resinplastics or plastic glue?
>>
File: tamiya-cement-1.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tamiya-cement-1.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
>>48585809
Plastic glue (pic related).

>>48585635
I'd definitely buy the Widow Weaver as well, it's disgustingly good.
>>
>>48585635
>>48585290
>>48585897
Thanks
>>
>>48585809
>>48585897
I use and recommend Revell Contacta Professional, the thin needle is a godsend. (if there are multiple kinds do take the one with thin needle)
>>
>>48585809
Just super glue gel for $2. Work well for me.
>>
>>48584990
>>48585635

Also, if you want to start with another masters instead of Pandora:

Zoraida box + Waldgeist + Spawn Mother

Jakob box + Depleted + Beckoner + Graves

Collodi box + Arcane and Brutal effigies + Teddy + Widow Weaver

Dreamer box + Teddy + Widow + Lelu&Lilitu + Insidious Madness

Lilith box + Nephilims + Nekima

Pandora is a great entry point if you have played another miniature games; she's quite difficult to master, be aware.
>>
>>48587374
Screencapping this. Thanks
>>
>>48587374
Meh, she's fine to start with. I did, was fine.
>>
>>48587374
Nephilims are not that necessary for Lilith unless you want to run a grow list. The Mature is outclassed by Nekima and the Youngs are by Illuminated.

Zoraida's box is not a bad investment for any other masters, Silurds are great for some strats are schemes.
>>
>>48587495
She's a cover starter sure. She plays pretty differently from other matters though. Doesn't take care about df, just wp.
>>
>>48587555
>Silurds are great for some strats are schemes.
Are they? They seem really expensive for what they do.
>>
Why is Lucius such shit? My favorite thing in wargames is synergy within an army, and Lucius seems like he would be good for that.
>>
>>48588054
Oh no I just paralyzed half my crew
>>
File: a8FwjIc.jpg (758KB, 2616x1958px) Image search: [Google]
a8FwjIc.jpg
758KB, 2616x1958px
>>48587555

You're right, they are not necessary. But I think that they are an obvious (and easy-to-play) addition to the crew box.

I always play Lilith without the nephilims, the same way that I usually play Zoraida without a heavy invest on swampfiends, but I think that it's better for those who are starting with the game (or a faction) to stay on the thematic idea of the crew.

You always can think out of the box when you understand the basics of the game or are bored from the obvious synergies.
>>
File: Pandora-copy.jpg (112KB, 280x387px) Image search: [Google]
Pandora-copy.jpg
112KB, 280x387px
>>48587440
After getting this
>>48585635
>Pandora box, Doppleganger, Teddy, Primordial Magic is a great start.
and this
>>48585897
>I'd definitely buy the Widow Weaver as well, it's disgustingly good.
you should buy Lilith box and Waldgeists. You'll have a really good army with a flexibility while list building.

Welcome to OURS! game. :)
>>
>>48588129
Sounds good. I'll rid Our home of the human interlopers. (after losing like my first 10 games)
>>
File: JB24oRv.jpg (81KB, 666x1054px) Image search: [Google]
JB24oRv.jpg
81KB, 666x1054px
>>48588054

I used to play Lucius a lot as a "control" master. I used his crew in a very defensive way, trying to gain advantage in the early turns from the distance and simply snowballing the opponent on the last ones.

I think that it works better as Neverborn, were you can take the guild's artillery and fuse it with a classic NB list.

That being said, I think that he gives you almost nothing and you have to work extra hard to make him shine, so normally he's my last pick if I want results.

He's not even painted yet.
>>
>>48588054
He sort of plays like Zorida, but does a worse job of being Zorida.

I think there was just a general fear of making obey-esque shenanigans too powerful.
>>
when is wyrd store back up?

i want to preorder my shit :(
>>
>>48588316
If I had to guess, not till after gencon
>>
>>48588339
>>48588316
it will be up sometime tomorrow after noon for gencon.
>>
File: 1470105893479.jpg (284KB, 744x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1470105893479.jpg
284KB, 744x1138px
>>48588258
>>
File: Hodgepodge Effigy.jpg (32KB, 400x493px) Image search: [Google]
Hodgepodge Effigy.jpg
32KB, 400x493px
I have a question about rules. Core, page 34, about Draw Phase:

> A player never ends this phase with more cards in hand than the maximum Hand Size, but effects that allow players to draw cards during the Activation Phase may exceed this limit.

Now example:
Turn 1: during activation of my model, thanks to her abilities, I increased my Control Hand to, let's say, 11 cards.
Start of turn 2: I do not discard or draw cards during Draw Phase, but my Control Hand = 11, still

Now, question - should I discard 5 excess cards, that I draw during my previous turn (as in quote)? Or that's counts as "effect that allow players to draw cards during the Activation Phase"?
>>
>>48588981
Yup. You draw up to or discard down to whatever your maximum hand size is.
>>
>>48589079
Thanks
>>
>>48588054
He ends up spending too many resources just to do his basic shit. If Zoraida wants to obey someone, she may have to cheat a 7. For Lucius, he needs an 8 and often a particular suit. Most models he runs will need around an 8 to pass the Horror duel he inflicts on you. He does damage to his own crew to get more stones just to make a Guild Rifleman to fire once.

He works too hard to do just ok things. I love the model, love the lore, he's my favorite character in the game, but he is the worst master in the game. Not impossible to win with, but I use him against my weaker players to even things up.
>>
>>48583234
Any other hints? Cannot find it
>>
>>48585016
>so I'm thinking of becoming a henchmen and I'm trying to plan out what crews I should use for demoing. So far I've got raspy, Marcus, kaeris, and soon to be Sandeep. I was planning on using raspy since she's a pretty straight forward spellslinger, but I wanted to use a melee heavy box so I would have two distinct play styles to show off. Of the ones I have Marcus is the only one that can do melee but I'm not sure if hes the right choice.
>I was thinking of mei feng for an in faction melee beater. She's not super complex and she can show case comboing and chain abilities. For out of faction lady j seems pretty obvious. I'm not the biggest fan of the guild though so it would really just be her. Miaski was another option. I like outcasts but I'm not sure how challenging her playstyle is. I haven't looked into her to much. I just know the general gist of it.
>As far as othe factions go I'm not a fan of nb and ressers.

A benefit of using rasputina is warmachine players already get how her spellcasting through her crew works.
>>
>>48589271
>I love the model
I do to. I rushed out to grab the old metal version when I found out he was getting a plastic.
>he's my favorite character in the game
He was for me too, in 1st ed.
It was cool having him be a creepy unknowable guy doing stuff for unknown reasons. I think they revealed too much about him, and it took a lot of the mystique away.
>>
>>48589734
It was sarcasm. As far as I know other than this site there were no other leaks, but we will know everything in a few days during Gencon.
>>
>>48590092
>>>48589271
>>I love the model
>I do to. I rushed out to grab the old metal version when I found out he was getting a plastic.
>>he's my favorite character in the game
>He was for me too, in 1st ed.
>It was cool having him be a creepy unknowable guy doing stuff for unknown reasons. I think they revealed too much about him, and it took a lot of the mystique away.

His ability to drop schemes while killing fools with hidden sniper even when standing in the middle of the board is really great.

With him I always took line in the sand because he could just stack the markers on top of each other using his abilities.

Of course don't stack them ... But you don't need to spread them as far and with tannen nearby, no one is going to be able to remove them. Tannen as guild is dirty.
>>
>>48585016

I use McCabe and Zoraida. My advices;

- 6 miniatures top. I use masters, totems, one henchman/enforcer and two minions.

- Try to have ca, sh and ml.

- Use aggressive models and one of two more "tactical". Make emphasis on the idea of thinking before act.

- Try to have different aesthetics on play; have at least one big monster, something japanese o chinese for the weaaboos, and a steampunk/cowboy.

- Paint them well and play with plastic models; the game has to catch the eyes.

- If you don't want to extend yourself too much during the pregame, use one strategy (I use turf war) and two schemes (protect territory and frame for murder help me to explain how to use the markers and whats nice about the secrecy of the schemes).

- Don't go too far on the rules. It's ok if you don't explain some things to make the game flow better.

- Don't lose purposely. Help the other player and explain him what you would do in his situation, but no more.

I think that Misaki and Mei Feng are good choices, not so sure about Rasputina, as she plays a game with less interaction than most masters.
>>
>>48562700
What should I pick up for Gremlins?

I haven't played since 1st.

I've got the old Ophelia box, Somer, slop haulers and some bayou gremlins, and that's it.
>>
>>48590588
I'm a big fan of play what you like, but with Somer and Ophilia you already got two good options.
>>
File: jorogumo assembly.jpg (18KB, 222x395px) Image search: [Google]
jorogumo assembly.jpg
18KB, 222x395px
So apparently jorogumo are FUN* to put together.
>>
>>48589986
Ya my groups pretty much all warmahordes players so anytime we pick up a new game we just use those abilities as a reference. Half the time we were playing guild ball we kept saying apparition instead of shadow-like and boosting instead of bonus time
>>
>>48590679
Wasn't really diking any of the other gremlin masters. I think Lenny is probably the next purchase, the maybe stuffed pigs/taxidermists.

Do Taxidermists and Somer fight too hard for crows when doing a summon list? Seems like a shame to just leave all those corpses around for ressers to use.
>>
>>48590775
can't you add a suit to everything with the "Do it like dis" action?
>>
File: big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg (3MB, 1512x1079px) Image search: [Google]
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg
3MB, 1512x1079px
>>48590588
>>48590775
You are objectively wong. You need to get Wong, Burt Jebsen and Gracie so you can play Big Trouble In Little China. Your opponent should be Yan Lo wherever possible.
>>
>>48590800
From the Wiki.
>Do It Like Dis!
While Som'er can use this Action to boost his own personal damage, as mentioned above, it can also be used to boost the damage output potential for his nearby Gremlin buddies via their Dumb Luck triggers. Though it is not limited to just that and can potentially give you any suit you want for any kind of offensive trigger your nearby Pigs or Gremlins may have available to them. The Kin models, Bayou Gremlins, Piglets, and War Pigs are typically the most common models you'll want to buff offensively with this action.

>Rams is the most common offensive suit to choose, and Masks has been discussed above. Using Do It Like Dis! for Tomes and Crows is more situational, but can be very useful. Tomes can be a strong pick when running a Piglet heavy crew, as it guarantees your Piglets can hand out slow to the models they're attacking. It also provides Bayou Gremlins with extra blasts on their damage track, useful against swarms of low-wound models, such as Malifaux Rats. Crows is probably the least common, since it is a self damaging trigger for Bayou Gremlins. However, it can be useful for Lightning Bugs, who require a Crow to slow on their attack, or for Sammy LaCroix, who needs a Crow in order to summon Stuffed Piglets. In addition, many pigs have the Eat Anything trigger on a Crow, which allows them to heal, and this can help them survive for longer.
>>
I keep adding to my gencon order, pls help
>>
>>48592311
There is no help. We're all in the same boat as you.
>>
>>48592311
whats on the list senpai?
>>
Why does a lure trigger pounce? Lure says walk in it pounce says not on walk or charge. What am I missing?
>>
>>48592597
>Why does a lure trigger pounce? Lure says walk in it pounce says not on walk or charge. What am I missing?

It cannot trigger on Walk or Charge actions as in the model paying 1ap to move. Lure is not forcing a model to use a Walk action; its being moved its Wk value.

Taelor paying 2ap to Charge Rotten Belle will not trigger Rotten Belle. Taelor triggering a Charge from Welcome to Malifaux! when she sees a just summoned Rotten Belle will trigger pounce since the Charge is not coming from the specific (2) Charge action all models have.
>>
>>48592755
Thanks. Makes sense now. It must be a declared action of the name.
>>
>>48592311
>tfw i cant make my gencon order yet
>>
>>48592485
Asami, Hodgepodge Emissary, Jaakana, Scion of the Void, Anna Lovelace, Obsidian Oni, both generalist upgrade decks.
>>
How do i get devour/gobble in Neverborn? Preferably 2+ models with it.
>>
>>48593271
do we know whats in the upgrade decks yet or is it just a mystery which faction gets what?
>>
>>48593328
Well the first one has stuff from the existing books, i just want those cards.
Box 2? Fuck knows.
>>
>>48592485
My brother's getting Oni's Wrath, Obsidian Oni, and Master Queeg.

I'm getting Into the Bayou, Fistful of Scrip, Winged Plague, Jaakuuna, Big Jake and debating on Anna, the Emissary, and Ripples
>>
>>48592755
>>Taelor triggering a Charge from Welcome to Malifaux! when she sees a just summoned Rotten Belle will trigger pounce since the Charge is not coming from the specific (2) Charge action all models have.

In this case Taelor's card says that she takes the charge action so it does not trigger the pounce.

However take Teddy's Peekaboo! trigger, he pushes the target then pushes himself into base contact. So if he pushed a Bell and followed her he would trigger pounce from the Bell.

>>48592597
It can be tough to warp your head around at first but walk and move are different in Malifaux, as >>48592755 described. For example the the move from a lure does not cause disengaging strikes as it is not the Walk action.
>>
Are there any key or great synergy models I am missing for ressers? What master should I pick up next? I have so far only used seamus but now have molly ready so she is next to be used. I have the following.

Nicodem box
molly box
mcmourning box
seamus box
yin
bete noir
izamu
rafkin
dead rider
dead doxies
necropunks
guild autopsies
mindless zombies
>>
>>48594252
hanged, also start kirai if you haven't already.
>>
>>48594252
I would second the suggestion for hanged. I do find that a box of canine remains is always helpful especially if you run McM as a resser.
>>
>>48593287
Ama no zako
>>
brand newbie here
think Jakob box + Titania is a safe start?
>>
>>48594334
>>48594431
Forgot I have them too. I have not used them yet though. 9SS seems like a lot for them. Will have to try them.

McM box came with 1 canine remain model. Can try it out and grab more if I like them.

I heard killjoy is good in Molly he worth it? Will look into kirai.
>>
>>48594784
I'll admit, Hanged are much nicer as nasty summons, but when you zap a slop hauler's buddy with "Nope no heals for you" it's blissful.
>>
>>48594735
Depends on what Titania's crew does.
Jakob is a very solid choice though. Assuming Titania's box is a bit scheme-oriented I'd say they make a great pool. Maybe buy one heavy beater to top it all off.
>>
>>48594926
It must be sorta scheme focused with her stat card, right?
any recommendations for a beater?
>>
So working on a brewmaster crew. I know it's not like...thematic but I think it might be good, I'm at a loss for Lenny I want the Free rams but I see myself wanting crows more often, so I feel he's kinda wasting 10 pts that I might be able to spend on a whiskey golem or a performer or something.

The Brewmaster -- 5ss
+Hide In The Mud - 1ss
+Dirty Cheater - 1ss
+Hold Their Hair Back - 1ss
Apprentice Wesley - 3ss
Francois LaCroix - 7ss
+Dirty Cheater - 1ss
+Stilts - 1ss
Lenny - 9ss
+I'll Love It And Pet It... - 1ss
Performer - 6ss
Sammy LaCroix - 7ss
+Binge - 1ss
Trixiebelle - 8ss
+A Gun For A Lady - 1ss
>>
>>48595742
dop him for fingers. what would whiskey golem do that another beater cant do better?
>>
>>48590694
nice to see another model that doesn't fit on its base.
>>
>>48597838
That looks like the first thing in Malifaux to be even fucking worse on a 50m than Nightmare Nothing Beast.
>>
>>48594973
It's not a good start. All her minoins are 7s. A better start for Lynch would be his box+beckoners+terror tots. Huggy himself is an excellent beater, Illuminated can hit like trucks and Lynch himself can deal some serious damage.
>>
>>48598526
I'm wanting to start with Titania, not Lynch. I just figured Illuminated are generally touted as amazing
>>
>>48598526
>All her minions are 7s
That makes it a good start though, since he can easily get to 50 stones then.
>>
>>48598551
They are, but just having a bunch of 7ss models running around won't be that good. A good start for Titania would be her box+doppleganger+Nekima+terror tots. Nekima is a dedicated beater and a good Champion target, terror tots for dedicated scheme running if you need it, Doppleganger has Don't Mind Me, letting you place scheme markers wherever you want and she can copy any non-leader's actions.
>>
>>48598763

We still don't know how much her minions cost. Maybe she works better with minions and Nekima is not a good choice.
>>
>>48598979
They cost 7 SS each. Some of us knows.
>>
File: Tuco.png (53KB, 190x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tuco.png
53KB, 190x360px
>>48598979
Nekima is very often a good choice and is frankly pretty cool

That said what every single new Neverborn player needs is TUCO ORTEGA. Surprisingly i couldn't find Tucos 2e art except pictures of his box/model.

Tuco is the ultimate punisher for scheme runners or clumped rushes for the middle. He can deploy in some hidey hole in the terrain up the board and wait for something to come running up then blow it to pieces or blast some chumps. Then he can spend the rest of the game continuing to do that whilst walking your enemies models out of position and placing scheme markers if they (wisely) choose to abandon whichever board flank he was shooting up.
>>
>>48599030
What are their gimmicks? They are all different, so in a nutshell how are they different? Scheme runner, killer, tarpit? Three killers that do it in different ways?
>>
>>48599140
All of them are tanky (Df5, Wp 7, Armor 1 , H2W), their damage track is okay, and iirc all of them have some marker manipulation abilities and movement tricks.
>>
>>48599277
I guess the Students joined Neverborn then.
>>
>>48599030

Post 10t horse-dragon stats.
>>
>>48599352
Standard rider stats iirc + Stubborn.
Good damage track (3/4/5), Ml 6 with positive attack flips, can get extra attacks from triggers.
12 SS cost.
>>
>>48599411

Nice, thanks anon.

One more thing; what about the NB fat fairies?
>>
>>48599446
Will o' Wisps, Undead/Nightmare, 5 SS, movement denial/control and standard Neverborn Wp fuckery.
>>
>>48595933
Poison triggers when he gets hit. But I see your point.
>>
>>48599483

Another summoning for the Dreamer, that's good. How many onis are on the new book? I suppose that the terracota warriors and maybe the dragon are, and some anon told some time ago that the gremlins turd are oni too. That's all?

Keep spoiling, you're doing the good work, my friend :^)
>>
>>48599483
Would share dead bandits for outcasts?
>>
>>48599277
What about Aeslin?
>>
>>48599483
What about this big spider?
>>
>>48600569
Bandersnatch. Look further up this thread.
>>
>>48600440
A bit less tanky then her Minions, but with Casting Expert. The usual scheme marker tricks, and she seems to be a great tarpit.

>>48600088
6 SS, Df 6 Wp 5, 6 Wds, Wk 5 Cg 6
melee attack with Ml 6, 1/1/5 with 2 autotriggers, reposition or slow
sh6 ranged attack, built in mask, 4 triggers (2 mask, 2 tomes), mask ones is reposition and +1 dmg against models who have upgrades, tome ones is either places an enemy scheme marker or ignores armor, h2w, h2k
(1) action which makes target only being able to walk or interact until it places a scheme marker or suffers 3 wds at the start of its activation

My beta files are far from final, so I'm not sharing cards, especially because we'll get final stats in a few days.
>>
>>48600604
Also I get from other ource that bandits are Tormented so new toys for Jack Daw.

Is that Big nasty killer from Ressers undead or construct? Maybe Levi may take him? :)

I cannot wait for wave 4 book
>>
>>48600591
Missed it somehow. Thx. It looks rad. Another must-buy model for me.
>>
>>48600659
Henchman, Undead, Horror (yay for Take back the Night).
>>
>>48600680
As Levi player I cannot wait for all factions unded / constructs :)

Also like Jack Daw so any new tormented models are nice :P

Do you recall any "funky" models for Levi and Jack outside "Outcast" faction?
>>
>>48600720
Neverborn is getting more Undead than Ressers in this book, and the Terracotta Soldiers in TT are Mimic Constructs (not Onis though).
>>
>>48600789
Crazy :)

What are those terracota soldiers? Can they come back from grave? :p

What about other minions in outcasts? Bandits from Parker master box and Asia swordmasters?
>>
while people are dropping spoilers, anyone have the stats for those Indian guys for arcanists?
>>
>>48601968
>while people are dropping spoilers, anyone have the stats for those Indian guys for arcanists?

There's a ton of rules for them
>>48600967
>>>48600789
>Crazy :)
>What are those terracota soldiers? Can they come back from grave? :p
>What about other minions in outcasts? Bandits from Parker master box and Asia swordmasters?

The warriors can discard a card to prevent damage. They have a 1ap action to copy any non leader attack action with some other restrictions and immediately take the action . The most defining thing they do though is they can name an upgrade that can be attached to target friendly model and attach it right then and there to that model paying the simulator cost. The named upgrade cannot name a model in the restriction but Leader only is fine.

There is also a trigger to add a soulstone back to the pool in the ability so you can basically attach 1ss upgrades for free if you have the right suit.
>>
>>48602920
I meant soulstone cost and not simulator hah
>>
So what's the main draw to this game? Why do you play it? Anything in particular this game has over other miniature games? The only real unique thing I'm seeing right now is the fate deck mechanic which is cute
>>
>>48602920
wait is that for the shik, terracotta, or Asia sword masters? The greentext in the middle its throwing me off.
>>
>>48603006
>>>48602920 (You)
>wait is that for the shik, terracotta, or Asia sword masters? The greentext in the middle its throwing me off.

Terracotta
>>
>>48603021
oh, damn. Got my hopes up ;-;
>>
>>48603064
>>>48603021 (You)
>oh, damn. Got my hopes up ;-;

Describing what the arcanist master does can be confusing since you need to see some of the upgrades as well.

Basically any non peon in the crew can cast any ca action he has at -1 ca . Each action can only be used once per turn by other models.

There is an upgrade that lets any academic cast of those spells without line of sight and let him hire academics from outside the faction including those new sanctioned spellcasters
>>
>>48602920
Oh wow that sounds amazing. What's their SS cost and do they have like really high TN's?
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.png (975KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.png
975KB, 1200x675px
>>48603378
oh no. I'm sorry I meant the ones in the middle of this picture. The warrior looking guys.
>>
>>48603483
Aw. What do the Terracotta things do then?
>>
>>48602978

It's pretty well balanced both overall and internally for each faction, it's hella cheap to buy into or expand, and the schemes and strategies promote a variety of different play styles that don't event need to be all killy all the time.

The cards also do help. The extra depth that comes with them adds a lot to the game.
>>
Thinking about getting into Malifaux

Right now I am debating between Wong, Parker Barrows and Jakob Lynch. Which one do you guys thinks is the easiest for a new player to play? What should i get with it? Wong is personally my favorite out of thoose, but it's mostly a design thing and I want to get a good master to begin with
>>
>>48603958
Dunno about Barrows, but Wong and Lynch are definitely strong. If you want easy go for Lynch.

Also, look at the entire faction, makes future purchases a lot easier and allows you to mix n match for schemes rather than being stuck with a specific set of models. Which of the faction's theme do you like best, or is there a playstyle you prefer?
>>
Any ideas what the Iron Skeeters, first mate and zips totem do?
>>
So I'm thinking about picking up the game and I'm considering picking up the Guilds Justice box. It seems cool and I like the models in the Guild the most.

I've played a couple demos but they all seem end in getting shot off the table by Ortegas. Is the justice box the correct choice or am I just going to get shot off the table every time?
>>
>>48604235
Are you using enough terrain? Ortega reigns as Queen on planet cue ball.
>>
>>48604040
I think I prefer Gremlins to Neverborn and Ten Thunders, they look pretty comedic, and I dig that. I like most of their masters. What should I get to go with Wong?
>>
>>48604596
Ol' Cranky, McTavish, Rooster Riders are the meme cheese

Som'er's box is good for bayous, Ophelia's is good in general. Sammy LaCroix goes really well with Wong by letting you take both his limited upgrades. Check out the Schemes n Stones master spotlight for wong to get some ideas on what to get, but my budget shopping list would be those first three I mentioned + Wong's box
>>
>>48604304
Can you define enough terrain? I've seen tables with literally no terrain and fairly dense tables. The demos I've played were all fairly dense
>>
>>48603535
>>>48603483
>Aw. What do the Terracotta things do then?
Terracotta are what I described as being able to use any models 1 ap actions and letting you pay to stick on a new upgrade in the middle of the game to a friendly model.

Copying any ca action from the master is the Indian arcanists crew's main mechanic
>>
>>48604596
>>>48604040
>I think I prefer Gremlins to Neverborn and Ten Thunders, they look pretty comedic, and I dig that. I like most of their masters. What should I get to go with Wong?
Slip haulers can go in any cereal. AE healing is great shit.

The other person saying Sammy is also a really good suggestion. Sammy is just crazy letting you show why having both limited upgrades on the field is overpowered sometimes.
>>
>>48604889

I meant slop haulers. Fuck auto correct
>>
>>48604702
>>48604889
Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'll get McTavish, Chicken Riders and Ol' Cranky. Sammy seems really good with the glowy upgrade, I'll probaly get her next
>>
>>48604703
50-70% of the table as defined by the most recent rules concerning it
>>
>>48605145
Then yes, we had more than enough terrain
>>
>>48605140
You mean McTavish with Glowy, right? Ophelia's box can be a good buy as well, she is also killy but better at single target removal, and Francois is a staple in a lot of crews.

Btw just checked, Indianapolis is 9 hrs behind my time zone (CET). I really hope somebody starts posting legit spoilers tomorrow as early as possible.
>>
>>48605191
Was about 1/3rd of your terrain buildings/etc, 1/3rd dense/severe/hazardous and 1/3rd crates and scattered obstacles?
>>
>>48605293
I guess? Couple large buildings/walls and boxes/rocks. Plenty of stuff to hide behind, it just didn't matter.
>>
>>48605223
I meant Sammy carrying the "Ooo Glowy" upgrade while McTavish gets Glowy, but yeah.
>>
So for spoileranons out there. What's Queen's Champion grant the chosen model?
>>
>>48605773
>So for spoileranons out there. What's Queen's Champion grant the chosen model?

Armor 1, plus to attack flips, and whenever it damages an enemy with an attack, out a scheme marker base contact with enemy.

It starts on titania but doesn't work for her. Another model needs to kill an enemy first.
>>
Okay getting ready to purchase my first ever models I have Lillith's box in my cart, Nekama, and Tuco.
Should I add anything else? A Sorrows? Letu and Liltu? beckoners?
>>
>>48606351
Doppelganger and waldgeists should be plenty for now.
>>
>>48606351
>Okay getting ready to purchase my first ever models I have Lillith's box in my cart, Nekama, and Tuco.
>Should I add anything else? A Sorrows? Letu and Liltu? beckoners?
Extra 50mm markers for the trees she makes.
>>
>>48605862

That sounds gross with Nekima.
>>
>>48563041
stupid sexy gremlin
>>
>tfw it's almost 7 and i still can't order my plastic crack
>>
>>48608428
im with you senpai, any idea how long it would take for the shipping after ordering?
>>
stores up
>>
>>48608784
Anyone at gencon have info on the prereleases?
>>
Is Phiona Gage a construct?
>>
Understandably, nothing on the official forums, bbg page is very inactive, don't have a Facebook to see if anyone spoiling there.
>>
>>48608728
They'll start shipping orders after gencon.
>>
>>48609112
Pretty sure there is a notice at the shopping cart which says the warehouse is closed till the 10th. Donno of that's the same date.
>>
>>48608906
Nope.
>>
I just spent over $400, sucky part about living in the UK is having to spend an absolute fortune on shipping.
>>
>>48609210
Ouch.
What all did you get?
>>
>>48609194
Thank you so much, just saved me $50+ shipping.
>>48609259
Seriously, this. How much was shipping and have you factored VAT, etc?
>>
Is Parker an insular starter? Like, how well can his pieces be used with other Outcasts?
>>
>>48609259
>>48609298
Arcanist, Neverborn, Guild, Thunders crew boxes, the nightmare mcaabe, a set of cards and some Bunraku
I did an order for my group so it's not going to be that bad once (if) they pay me back. Shipping was $36 and i'm sure i'll get stung with import taxes once the stuff actually arrives.
>>
>>48609364
oh, also the shadow emmisary as well
>>
What would you guys look for in a Malifaux video game?
>>
>>48609364
I avoided my Emissary because I have all the avatars and their sculpts are imo better. What's the release date on yours? I figured they were being released pretty soon and weren't worth the mark-up.
>(If)
Wow, you are very gracious to take that risk. I hope they appreciate you.
>>
>>48609414
Depends on the intent, is it replicating the tabletop or simply set in the same universe?
>>
>>48609414
They already made it for PS2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPTKfFtONA
>>
>>48609469
I was tempted. But, I ultimately couldn't bring myself to buying the Donkey. At some point I'll get the Viks Avatar and call it good. I'll just need the cards from Wargame vault.

Does Von Schill have an avatar? Or Jack Daw?
>>
>>48609469
October on the shadow emissary, It's not for me (I play neverborn and I don't really see myself getting the emmisary anytime soon) so i'm not bothered anyway.
>>
>>48609469
Every Emissary will be out by October.
>>
>>48609593
Same here, so much cheaper that way.
>Does Von Schill have an avatar? Or Jack Daw?
No, they didn't get any in 1e. Here's the list for those that did:
√ Lady Justice, Ao Balance
√ Sonnia Criid, Ao Conflagration
√ Perdita Ortega, Ao Revelation
Ï€ C. Hoffman (Plastic)
√ Marcus, Ao Instinct
√ Rasputina, Ao Famine
√ Ramos, Ao Invention
Ï€ Colette, Ao Deception (3 alternate Colette sculpts)
√ Lilith, Ao Nature's Malevolence
√ Dreamer, Ao Imagination
√ Zoraida, Ao Fate
√ Pandora Ao Insanity (there is also an alternate Pandora sculpt that is called avatar)
√ Nicodem, Ao Decay
√ Seamus Ao Dread
√ Kirai Ao Vengeance
√ Simulacrum 29 (for McMorning)
√ Leveticus Ao Entropy
√ Viktorias, Ao Slaughter
√ Hamelin, Ao Contagion
√ Somer Tooth Jones, Ao Indulgence
>>48609611
Oh ok. I feel ya, think some just are pretty low on the power curve comparatively.
>>
>>48609360
A-any comment on this?
>>
>>48610140
I think it's a bit too early to know
>>
>>48610188
Well, they on sale. I know somebody picked one up and I'm too poor to buy reckless.
>>
where them spoilers at
>>
>>48610698
Ya know, I'm not too surprised by the time it takes the Malifaux community to create spoilers anymore. Something about it just seems to attract far less autistic people.
>>
File: Ulix.jpg (70KB, 284x320px) Image search: [Google]
Ulix.jpg
70KB, 284x320px
Listening to an Ulix cast made me inspired. I kinda want to try out this list once I get it re-based and painted.

Ulix -- 4ss
+Husbandry - 3ss
+Huntin' Bow - 2ss
+Liquid Bravery - 1ss
Old Cranky - 4ss
Gracie - 10ss
+Saddle - 1ss
Hog Whisperer - 5ss
Old Major - 9ss
+Corn Husks - 2ss
Slop Hauler - 5ss
The Sow - 8ss

No one in my local meta fears the swine.
>>
>>48611026
>No one in my local meta fears the swine.
Have they never played against them? I've seen them wreck all to easily and they seem to consistently place well at events. But I guess match up familiarly plays a part in that.
>>
I'm thinking about getting Reva's crew plus one of the following: Anna, The Forgotten Marshal, or Hayreddin.

I don't have a huge budget for minis this months, so I'm sticking to one. Master wise I have Tara, Nico, Seamus, and McMourning. I feel like Anna would be a nice toolbox, but FM and Hayreddin bring some decent ranged attacks.
>>
is there any info on the Bunraku other than them being puppets?
>>
>>48611105

Reva is making me wish I went ressers instead of Outcasts, the whole killer Nun thing is pretty awesome
>>
File: bunraku.jpg (225KB, 598x875px) Image search: [Google]
bunraku.jpg
225KB, 598x875px
>>48611123
>>
>>48611137

Depending on which Outcast masters you have, it's actually fairly easy to play both factions.

Jack, Levi, and Hamelin all can take Resser dudes at various degrees, and Tara's dual faction.
>>
>>48611096
hardly anyone plays gremlins around here and those that do favor masters like mah and ophileia. I made the announcement that I now own all the Gremlin masters to the meta but They all kinda laughed off when I said Ulix is strong. I kinda want to take him and another Gremlin master to the tourney now instead of The misaki and Von lists I was getting feedback on days ago. I feel paralyzed by choice almost.
>>48611166
Thank you much dude! I don't think I'll get them on this order but def the next one.
>>
>>48609414
to either represent the game in PC format, which warmachine failed to do in spectaular fashion with warmachine tactics; or to represent the universe in a more traditional game system, which warhammer 40k did great with DoW.

a first person game with a storyline for each faction would be awesome but probably not worth the developers time
>>
>>48611166
you got any other cards famalam?
>>
>>48611528
All of wave 1-3 is in the OP.
>>
>>48611568
the ones from the new release though?
>>
>>48611607
Wave 4's had some cards leaked but the Bunraku are from Wave 3. Ill upload all the W4 leaks I have.
>>
>>48611607
>>48611622
http://imgur.com/a/ZrHFM
There's also been some stats and abilities leaked but I don't have those. Should be somewhere in this and the previous couple of malifaux generals.
>>
So, I have my army on order from the Warstore (extra 5% off for those not going to Gencon)
So I tried to take your advice but I still don't understand the tree thing as I don't see anything on Liliths card about trees...

Anyway...
I got the Lillith box
Nekima
Tuco
Beckoners

So if I am understanding things I can use the Beckoners to lure my targets into Tuco's trap, or Nekima/Lillith to beat them down and apart? Which should help prevent them from achieving their Schemes?

I think this seems pretty solid for a starting group, and I think I understand how some fo the flip and suite requirements work, and that my attack ability provides 1 mask for the most part.

Now to start I should be able to go to Wal-mart/Walgreens/CVS and buy a $1 deck of cards and I should be good. Other than a tape measure I should have an understanding on everything. Are there any good videos to watch to see the game in play?
>>
>>48611808
>So, I have my army on order from the Warstore (extra 5% off for those not going to Gencon)
>So I tried to take your advice but I still don't understand the tree thing as I don't see anything on Liliths card about trees...
>Anyway...
>I got the Lillith box
>Nekima
>Tuco
>Beckoners
>So if I am understanding things I can use the Beckoners to lure my targets into Tuco's trap, or Nekima/Lillith to beat them down and apart? Which should help prevent them from achieving their Schemes?
>I think this seems pretty solid for a starting group, and I think I understand how some fo the flip and suite requirements work, and that my attack ability provides 1 mask for the most part.
>Now to start I should be able to go to Wal-mart/Walgreens/CVS and buy a $1 deck of cards and I should be good. Other than a tape measure I should have an understanding on everything. Are there any good videos to watch to see the game in play?

One of her upgrades creates two 50mm markers in base contact with each other that act as trees. She ignores terrain for ca and charges and the waldgeists attack goes from 2" to 4" which is great area denial. The waldgeists can also make trees with the just like Lilith.

The difference between Lilith and the Waldgeist trees is that the while waldgeist breaks when he does anything (move attack killed) Lilith trees stay in play even when she's killed.

Terrain out of nowhere is really infuriating to opponents and 50mm markers are easier to keep on the board than pieces of paper
>>
>>48609194
Well poop
>>
Still kinda paralyzed by choice. I have several lists pretty much ready to go for the next tournament. But I'm not sure what faction I want to play.
It's fixed faction, 2 lists, 50 SS. I'm torn between Ressers, Outcasts, & Gremlins.
if Outcasts: Von Schill/ Misaki, If Ressers: Seamus/???, If Gremlins: Ulix/ Brewmaster

Round 1: Strategy- Headhunter
Schemes- Convict Labor
Covert Breakthrough
Undercover Entourage
Frame for Murder
Inspection

Round 2: Strategy- Extraction
Schemes- Convict Labor
Search the Ruins
Show of Force
Leave Your Mark
Mark for Death

Round 3: Strategy- Guard the Stash
Schemes- Convict Labor
A Quick Murder
Occupy Their Turf
Neutralize the Leader
Detonate the Charges
>>
>>48611664
>>48611622

thanks famalam. just ordered all the gremlin stuff and was just hoping they didnt end up being trash :^) I'm more of a painter anyway
>>
Need another $5 to get the Miss, should I throw on the Wind Gamin, or dump my load and just go for the Emissary?
>>
>>48613555
Wind gamin are really good. Especially if you're planning on getting sandeep.
>>
>>48613555
Get the new upgrade deck
>>
>>48613555
emissary if you think you'll use it or just want to paint it, upgrade deck if you want a functional purchase... maybe
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.