[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 300
Thread images: 40

File: Narcomoeba.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Narcomoeba.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

Eldritch Moon card image gallery:
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eldritch-moon
>>
File: metagame20160601-20160630.png (105KB, 1218x760px) Image search: [Google]
metagame20160601-20160630.png
105KB, 1218x760px
The overall and paper Modern Metagame

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
>http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml

Modern deck primers link:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern
>>
R8 my poor fag shitbrew that I built to offend people at my LCS.

>4 goblin electromancer
>4 young Pyromancer

>4x faithless looting
>4x battle hymn
>4x krenko's command
>4x dragon fodder
>4x Burn at the Stake
>4x reforge the soul
>2x Epic Experiment

The there's other shit that I might need to change.

>1x shattered memories
>2x desperate ravings

And then the land base I have no clue on. Obviously I'll be running 4 steam vents and 4 sulfuric falls or whatever the card's called. I don't have fetch money at the moment, so those will have to wait.

My shop has a decent amount of people playing t1 and t2 decks, so I don't expect it to be too successful. I would like to compete, though.
>>
>>48552414
How is faithless looting working for you?
I see you want to dig into your deck for your wincon but it seems like a deck that wants to play its cards and gain nothing from having them in the graveyard. Am I missing something?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-02-16-naya-zoo/

Looking for Sideboard suggestions, mostly.
>>
>>48553244
Grafdigger's Cage and Stony Silence are generally pretty good to have.
Also what is Bushwacker and Thalia for?
>>
>>48553214
Oh, fuck, I forgot the 4 past in flames. I'm retarded, man. My bad.
>>
What happens in this scenario?

I play Pacifism on my opponent's creature. He has a card that says he can sacrifice a permanent to do an effect. Can he sac Pacifism?
>>
>>48553543

Thalia is just good hate all around, and Bushwalker just helps you race against other fast decks.
>>
>>48553900
I'm pretty sure you still control the pacifism, even though it's on his side of the field, so I'm pretty sure he can't. I might be wrong, though.
>>
Not specifically a modern deck, just that all of the cards and the mechanic in question are modern so i figure this would be the most likely thread to get some help in. I had been a fan of the transform mechanic for a while but werewolves weren't really my thing. So I had been trying to parse out a Black&Blue transform deck focused on cards that change things up as the game goes on.

So far I've got
[Nonbasic Lands]
2x Westervale Abbey
[Creatures]
4x Accursed Witch
4x Delver of Secrets
4x Thraben Gargoyle
4x Ludevic's Test Subject
4x Uninvited Gheist
2x Docent of Perfection
2x Elusive Tormentor
2x Thing in the Ice
[Artifacts]
4x Cryptolith Fragment
2x Elbrus the Binding Blade
[Spells]
4x Startled Awake

Now clearly this is a terrible deck, which is why I'm coming here for input and assistance. I'd really prefer to keep the Gheists and Fragments in, since they are easy to deal damage with once they're transformed, and Elbrus and Westervale are heavy hitters, but as long as it can be a working transform deck I'm open to suggestion.
>>
>>48553900
No, you can't sacrifice permanents you don't control, and you control Pacifism. It's just enchanting an opponents' creature. Now, he can sacrifice the enchanted creature to get basically the same effect of removing Pacifism, but he sacs his creature.

Either way it's a win for you.
>>
>>48554180
Your best creature, delver of secrets only has a 4 in 60 chance of flipping. Either cut him or add 20+ instants and sorceries
>>
File: eternalscourge.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
eternalscourge.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
This card is so fucking good at grinding people out
>>
Sell your copies of Inquisition of Kozilek now, senpai. It's going to get reprinted in Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Nixilis for sure
>>
>>48554355

Jokes on you! I already sold 8 of my 12 IoK at SCG Dallas! I picked up Zendikar fetches in return!
>>
>>48554296

What have you been playing it in? What has it been good against in particular? Why don't we have Food Chain in Modern?
>>
>>48554430
I'm playing it in a hard control shell and it's been extremely good against UWx decks
Path? Fizzles. Bolt? Fizzles. Nahiri? I'll just cast it again from exile and hit her on the backswing.
People tend to not side in wrath cards for a 3/3 which only leaves you open to counters, but Cavern of Souls fixes that
>>
>Emrakul is a "she"
>Anything female can be a waifu, as per rules of the internet
>I can build a waifu deck around Emrakul
Wish me luck, /tg/. I'm going to waifu an eldritch horror
>>
For the previous thread:

Dec in Stone is really good in R/W blood moon decks as premium spot removal, since you cannot run Path.
Other uses for it are acceptable such as a token sweeper, but moon should be the main consideration for the card.
>>
>>48554618
>this card is good in a deck nobody plays

Do tell me more
>>
>>48554686
Well perhaps the deck will become more popular as good cards make it stronger?????
>>
Anyone been speccing on any cards from EMN for modern? For me it's been the Spirits, Collective cycle, and Bedlam.
>>
>>48554618

The best spot removal in RW Moon Decks is Snow Lands + Skred.
>>
>>48552414
Bedlam Revelers
>>
>>48554710
Perhaps you're a literal fucking idiot and should fuck off

>LMAO these decks are figs Dr j jo d y bjuğ!!!!!
>>
>>48554848
Yeah, I was gonna play test him in there. That's where I would drop the desperate ravings and shattered memories, because they seem to be the weakest dig spells I have. I was also thinking to throw in a manamorphose or two, though, because generally when I go off, I don't have any lands left untapped, and all the Battle Hymns produce are red mana, making Epic Experiment a dead card.
>>
>>48554686
Hey man at least one person plays it.

>>48554758
Skred is a delight. I always thought the giant in the art was doing the damage, but on closer inspection the giant is getting slammed by 6 damage worth of rime.
>>
>>48554618
Yeah, it's good for tokens, but you're paying an extra mana and doing the removal at sorcery speed to give him at least one card drawing artifact instead of a basic land. Plus, the artifact only needs colorless to pop, so it gives the opponent something to do with all those mountains.

I get why you suggest that, but a 2 mana sorcery speed removal is a lot different than a 1 mana instant speed removal.
>>
File: 1361897543663.jpg (51KB, 321x320px) Image search: [Google]
1361897543663.jpg
51KB, 321x320px
>>48554929
You ok there buddy
>>
>>48554618
>>48555017

I just thought, if you plan on dropping the paths for some other exile, you're playing RW, and you're fine with it being at sorcery speed, why not just play Chained to the Rocks instead?
>>
>>48555017
You're right, but I still think it would be okay in a R/W prison deck. I suppose things like Oust exist, it just seems like on paper Dec can do quite a bit of work, and having played it in Standard the clue token (while pretty bad) isn't as bad as you would think.

The Bileblight clause is where it really shines but that upside is so fringe that it's quite hard to justify, and gives the card power variance and the illusion of being better than it is (in standard killing two thalia's lieutenants made me think highly of it)
>>
>>48554929
Are...are you having a stroke? Do you have somebody near you who can call an ambulance?
>>
Alright. With some tweaking and suggestions from friends offline and the advice from this thread I now have a Version 2 of the deck, for the one(1) person that actually cares.

>Creatures (20)
4x Accursed Witch
2x Elusive Tormenter
4x Ludevic's Test Subject
2x Soul Seizer
4x Thraben Gargoyle
4x Uninvited Gheist
>Artifacts (8)
4x Cryptolith Fragment
2x Elbrus, the Binding Blade
2x Neglected Heirloom
>Instants & Sorceries (12)
4x Murder
4x Slip Through Space
4x Startled Awake.
>Lands (20)
2x Westervale Abbey
9x Island
9x Swamp

Might not win any tournaments but I still feel pretty good about it. Still would like suggestions because there's never a reason to not improve a deck.
>>
>>48555136
>CttR
Honestly that works too.
That works quite damn well.
Even if they can remove it, and that's a big if, they're using enchantment removal on something other than blood moon

Nj anon
>>
>>48555220
Doom Blade is better than Murder 8/10 times.
>>
>>48555262
Could even work as bait for enchantment removal.
>>
>>48555262
Thanks, anon. I'm happy to be useful for once. <3
>>
>>48555301
Go for the Throat is better against anything that isn't Affinity
>>
>>48555301
Go for the throat is better than Doom Blade in 8/10 times
>>
>>48555379
>>48555380
I'm starting him off easy.
>>
>>48555460
fair enough, but I'd rather not have a spell that's blind to a certain color or type of creature if possible.
>>
>>48555490
Play Hero's Downfall then
>>
File: ss (2016-07-31 at 09.37.20).jpg (33KB, 182x229px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-31 at 09.37.20).jpg
33KB, 182x229px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>48555566
rollback is privilege, not right that should be taken for granted
>>
>>48555220
It's all really high Cmc, for starters. I get that it's a theme deck, and that's hard to change, so I would drop some stuff for more kill/counter to help out your early game.

I really like Uninvited Geist and Neglected Heirloom.

Startled awake doesn't really seem to fit the deck. It can't trigger Heirloom, and it's only gonna do one damage every other turn. None of the rest of your deck has any mill elements, so I would drop it.

I'm sure you can find better removal in modern than murder. Run dismember, doom blade, victim of the night, anything but murder.
>>
>>48555566
Normally I would allow rollback since it's just a game we play for fun, but I can understand him not wanting to sit through another 5 minutes of nothing.
Also you don't get to be upset for not getting a rollback. They are definitely not guaranteed.
>>
>>48555566
Depends. Practice game, guy who denied a roll back is in the wrong.
>>
File: unforgivn_ii-Arcbound_ravager.jpg (42KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
unforgivn_ii-Arcbound_ravager.jpg
42KB, 300x433px
>>48555676
this is my affinity list currently, looking to get glimmervoids and steel overseers still.

any advice on my sideboard in the current meta? still not 100% sure what my bad matchups are and what decks i need to heavily sideboard against.

Lands
4 x Blinkmoth Nexus
2 x Glimmervoid
4 x Inkmoth Nexus
4 x Darksteel Citadel
1 x Island
1 x mountain
Creatures
3 x Memnite
1 x spellskite
4 x Ornithopter
4 x Signal Pest
4 x Vault Skirge
4 x Arcbound Ravager
3 x Etched Champion
1 x Master of Etherium
Noncreature Spells
2 x ensoul artifact
3 x Thoughtcast
4 x Galvanic Blast
4 x Mox Opal
3 x Springleaf Drum
4 x Cranial Plating

Sideboard
2 x spell pierce
2 x Ancient Grudge
1 x wear//tear
1 x Thoughtseize
2 x relic of progenitus
1 x Torpor Orb
1 x Blood Moon
2 x Whipflare
1 x ghirapur aether grid
1 x grafdiggers cage
1 x izzet staticaster
>>
>>48555720
Looks good to me, f a m. I'm shit at tuning decks, though, so I dunno what amount of what cards is perfect.
>>
>>48555720
Not him, but I've been playing Affinity for almost two years. Your list has some problems.
>1 Master of Etherium, 2 Ensoul, 3 Thoughtcast, 4 Blast
that's 10 colored spells. You have nine colored sources. I understand you're looking for glimmervoids, but you need to cut way down on the spells. I only run 5 colored spells (2 Masters, 3 Blasts). Thoughtcast really isn't that great a card when you have so many low impact draws like memnites and ornithopters, and they're clunky in multiple so you should consider running only 1 if at all, maybe two if you really like the card. Also, you need to run 4 springleaf drums, the card is practically a necessity. Opal and Drum is to Affinity like Aether Vial is to Merfolk, or Top is to Miracles. It just streamlines the deck and gives it the explosiveness that Affinity is known for. As a general rule, you should have no more than 8 colored spells in your 60 (both pre and post board) and even then you're really stressing your mana base.

As for your sideboard, you should tailor it to your specific meta, but some general thoughts.
The Staticaster is a strange inclusion since ghirapur is a card you could run. The colored mana requirement is just too much for the deck to cast reliably. Also, 2 relics + 1 cage is a lot of graveyard hate. As for torpor orb, there's no real reason to run it anymore since twin is not a deck, but if your meta if filled with Kiki Chord and Melira Company, it's a fine card.
>>
>>48556213
Not that anon, but that's good to know. A lot of the locals at my shop have been playing with full playsets of thoughtcast, galvanic, and probably 2 Master. I was wondering why they got fucked so often.
>>
File: 223.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>48556213
the extra colored spells are fillers for steel overseer, my only alternatives are a memnite and an etched champion currently

i thought springleaf drum could kind of clog up hands, i only have 3 though, i'll get another and put it in.

staticaster is a recommendation from a friend of mine who is a better player than me, he says it's really good so i'm giving it a try.

kiki chord and melira are a big deck in my meta.

in a pptq recently i went 3-3 and 2 of my losses were to jund so i feel the 2 relics could be warranted?

my current sideboard options i can add include another thoughtseize, more ghirapur aether grids, pithing needles, adding the fourth etched champion to the side instead of using a slot for it in the main, tormods crypt

these are my options until i purchase more cards, on that note, do you have recommendations?
>>
>>48556544
>the extra colored spells are fillers for steel overseer, my only alternatives are a memnite and an etched champion currently
You could try a one of hangarback and a 4th champion. You just need to keep the colored spell count low.

>i thought springleaf drum could kind of clog up hands, i only have 3 though, i'll get another and put it in.
It barely happens from my experience.

>in a pptq recently i went 3-3 and 2 of my losses were to jund so i feel the 2 relics could be warranted?
If it's jund you're worried about, you're not looking for relics. You need some way to grind back. Hangarback, etched champion, sea gate wreckage, thoughtcast are much better here as well as having applications in other grindy matchups like UWR control. You don't put relics in for jund.

>staticaster is a recommendation from a friend of mine who is a better player than me, he says it's really good so i'm giving it a try.
Does he say why? The only situation I could think of in which staticaster is better than aether grid is if my opponent creates 18 goblins off empty the warrens.

>my current sideboard options i can add
No. Tailor it to your meta. For example I don't run any ancient grudges because for some reason I'm literally the only affinity player at my LGS. You know your meta better than I do, just do what you feel is right.
>>
>>48556760
>hangarback
All opinions discarded
>>
>>48556821
It's much better then ten colored spells in a deck with only 11 colored sources. in the absence steel overseers, it's better than nothing. Alternatively you could play a welding jar instead.
>>
>>48556863
i wasnt the guy responding rudely, i'm considering your choices.
>>
>>48557127
It's fine. Hangarback really isn't that good outside of grindy metas.
>>
HURRY
does anyone have the jace, architect of memes, pepe?
>>
File: Jace, Architect of Memes.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jace, Architect of Memes.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
nvm found him
>>
>>48554296
I just stuck 4 copies into Skred. Going to see how it plays out on Wednesday .
>>
>>48554180
Ugh. Ok, let's do this.
Cut all creatures except 4x Delvers and 3x Docent of Perfection. With so many creatures and so few sorceries, you will never be able to flip them - and they are the best creatures in your deck. Add 2x Snapcaster Mage and 1x Tasigur. Then add 4x Serum Visions, 3x Vapor Snag, 4x Spell Snare, 3x Thoughtseize, 3x Scry the Bones, 4x Remand, 2x Cryptic Command. 9 Swamps, 9 Islands, 4 Polluted Delta, 2 Abbeys. Basically a shittier version of Grixis Delver, but hey, Docent of Perfection is a cool card. Go make it work.
>>
File: come on now.jpg (8KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
8KB, 236x213px
>>48558612
>docent of prefection
more like
docent of trash
>>
>>48558612
That's basically the opposite of what I had wanted to do, but okay.
>>
>>48558685
Anon asked for help tuning his meme deck. I could tell him to stop playing a meme deck, but that would be quite autistic. Brewing meme decks is a guilty pleasure that I, for one, endorse.
>>48558710
Then do the opposite. Cut everything but Elusive Tormenter, Thraben Gargoyle, Uninvited Gheist, Cryptolic Fragment and Neglected Heirloom, and you got yourself a meme Standard deck instead of a meme Modern deck.
>>
File: smugpepe.jpg (61KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
smugpepe.jpg
61KB, 800x522px
>>48558801
>tfw judging others but you have a standard triskaidekaphobia deck and want a modern hedron alignment
>>
>>48558847
Triskaidekaphobia is legit. Run Languish mainboard and Vessels in sideboard to dodge Dromoka's Command all day long.

I believe there's an Agains the Odds article on Hedron Alignment. Or channelfireball, or something.
>>
>>48558971
its too outdated
>>
Managed to trade away all my standard trash for two Ancestral Visions. Only did this just to secure value but now I'm wondering whether it's actually a good idea to play them in my Jeskai Harbinger deck. How many copies of them are the ideal number?
My meta consists of:
2 Jund
1 Affinity
1 Infect
1 Grixis Delver
2 Titanshift/Scapeshift
3 Coco decks
1 Coco elves
1 G/W Hatebears
1 Eldrazi (MonoU)
1 Dredge
and a whole ton of random brews/standard people putting together decks last minute
>>
Ive been living in a cave for a few months, whats the general consensus for bedlam reveler in burn? seems like the game should be over by turn 4 or 5 when it would likely come into play, has anyone been testing?
>>
>>48559078
3 is a good number. You want them early but at the same time they are a terrible top deck.
>>
File: Zooicide.jpg (368KB, 1909x982px) Image search: [Google]
Zooicide.jpg
368KB, 1909x982px
I've been testing the salt shaker deck on Xmage recently and have finished it in paper.
Turn 3/4 wins occur often and it seems fairly resilient.
>>
>>48560854
>tfw can never get xmage to work properly
I mean I can play but no symbols load and I'm missing over half the images. Also can't get any backgrounds
>>
>>48559091
He was never meant for burn. He's 'fixed' treasure cruise
>>
>>48559078
You could play four visions and be fine. Just discard them to Nahiri in the late game.
>>
>>48558971
Yeah if I remember correctly EFat tried to brew a Hedron deck.
>>
>>48561301
Wow I'm retarded, that never came to mind. That makes my decision to include them way easier.
>>
>dredge won the most recent starcity modern event

Is Maro gonna have to ban something so people stop having fun?
>>
>>48561462
I can't help but feel that someone on R&D loves the mechanics that Maro loathes and is trying to subtly push support for them. Dredge obviously but to a lesser extent with storm with the red vessel.
>>
>>48559078
Pretty much ask this questions when deciding to or not to include Ancestral Visions. How many fair decks are in my meta?
Ancestral is amazing against grindier match-ups like Collective Company decks and Grixis/Jeskai decks (just hope to god they don't remand it) as well as giving it more wiggle room before it becomes a bad draw, but against combo or linear aggro the cards can come too late and it becomes a dead card past turn 2.
>>
Alright guys I'm back from yesterday with an update version of Bant Company. Feel free to give me your general thoughts as I move ahead with further testing.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-company-20-2/
>>
>>48562050
Where the goyfs at?
>>
>>48558847
I had a UW control tezz/hedron alignment deck that sort of didn't suck. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-hedron-tezz/
I think it needs an ensnaring bridge main and another codex shredder. I don't know what the prismatic lens is in there for since it's fucking useless.
>>
>>48561462
In case you didn't get it by now, they are trying to make Dredge and Storm more "Modern" by introducing creatures that can be interacted with rather than consistency spells.

Dredge got Insolent Neonate and Prized Amalgam. Storm got Thing in the Ice and Bedlam Reveler.

MaRo is fine with these. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eggs-like support in Kaladesh so it becomes quicker or something.
>>
>>48562702
Yep, remember kids. Instants and Sorceries are unfun and feelsbaddy. Creatures are A OK!
>>
>>48562810
When was the last time they printed a good I/S?

Khan's? Even then coco has to deal with creatures and the commands are just goodstuff
>>
File: thing ascension.jpg (174KB, 800x402px) Image search: [Google]
thing ascension.jpg
174KB, 800x402px
>>
>>48562987
I just don't get it. You have less than a set of counters to actually protect your thing and nothing to take advantage of the large amount of spells you can cast a turn
>>
>>48563001
You can see it being played here:

>match 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHh2buC48t8
>match 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckpaRzxAjU
>match 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SPCNCVrgvc
>match 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaIu_ItkLVI
>match 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3evsRnFDj8

It seems to be working pretty well.
>>
>>48562936
We've gotten good I/S of course, but they've mostly interacted with creatures like with Coco, or k-command. But yea, they've really been stepping away from non-creature spell based strategies. It's very clear they want Magic to mostly be pokemon in recent years.
>>
>>48562987
Played against this this a few times, always felt worse than regular storm. Having thing let me use my removal g1 and g2 and g3 it was still pretty weak to graveyard hate.
>>
>>48552054
If I use whip of erebos to pull liliana heretical healer from the graveyard, and then kill another of my creatures, I still get her planeswalker right?
>>
I watched a steam today and saw UR Faeries vs Blue Moon. Why has no one tried UR Fae with blood moon, why can't these be one deck.
>>
>>48563765
It's called blue moon. It just removed the shit faeries for good cards
>>
>>48563781
UR fae looks like a lot of fun though, might not be twin again, but same tempo-y style with an oops I win.
>>
>>48562086
They're locked behind "no thanks vault"
>>
File: o41gc3ITd21u6mclko1_1280.jpg (100KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
o41gc3ITd21u6mclko1_1280.jpg
100KB, 600x706px
Can someone tell me why Nahiri Control can get away with 23 lands?
>>
>>48563962
Because high land counts are a meme.
A deck that tops around 4 cmc could get away with 21. Add filtering and draw and it's easy
>>
>>48563962
Because fuck you that's why. Nahiri doesn't give a shit about anything modern players hold dear. She's just here to spread our cheeks and fuck us silly.
>>
>>48563962
Because it's a bad deck
>>
>>48555720
What are the basic lands for?
>>
>>48564212
Not him but i used to run them for path and ghost quarter
>>
>>48564212
>currently looking to get glimmervoids

They're a temperary replacement

On a side note, most lists do run 1 basic in case of ghost quarter or path
>>
File: 1446794958718.jpg (165KB, 439x550px) Image search: [Google]
1446794958718.jpg
165KB, 439x550px
>>48563962
>people un-ironically think Nahiri Control is a legitimate tier 1 deck
>>
>tfw fell for the dredge meme
>Its actually pretty damn strong

Best meme I fell for, no regrets
>>
tfw building dredge after selling my bogles
>>48565294
what is your deck anon?
>>
File: 1469794510092.jpg (90KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1469794510092.jpg
90KB, 500x385px
>tfw fell for the mono red meme
>>
>>48565661
Mono red is fine so long as you're using your stable mana base to bully your opponent's the way mono colour decks do in legacy. Ghost Quarter, Tec Edge, Geier Reach Sanitarium. Run them.
>>
>>48563962
4 Serum Visions and against many decks curving out at 4 lands is plenty

I still run 24 though
>>
>>48564099
joke's on you, that is my fetish
>>
>>48565671
>Geier Reach Sanitarium

Is this even playable?
>>
>>48565709
In their end step you can turn that land in your hand into a Bolt. It's not amazing, but it's better than another Mountain. Any utility land is better than another basic when your colours are fixed by default.
>>
Lets get one of these going

When is the best time to brainstorm guys?
answers in spoilers please
>>
>>48565709
I run it in GB Delirium. I wouldn't call the card an all-star but it certainly isn't unplayable.
>>
Guys I think Esper Hatebears is worth a brew because I fucking LOVE me some Geier Reach Sanitarium and Notion Thief. Notion Thief also helps with the downside of cards like Thought-Knot Seer or Baby Jace. Sure you can't run outright hatebears like Leonin Arbiter or Aven Mindcensor unless you really wanted to dice with death, but you get to run shit like Lingering Souls which is basically a hate card for decks like Affinity, Infect, and Jund.

>>48565723
There is no best time, it's a very situational card. Sometimes you do it to protect yourself from disruption, sometimes you do it to set up a Terminus for the next turn, sometimes you do it end step for value, sometimes you do it to make a land drop.
>>
>>48565755
gj on ruining the fun anon
>>
>>48561213
Check out what folder you are storing symbols and images in, and make sure your downloaded images are actually in that folder. Try download cards from all different sources; not all sources have all cards, and they complement each other to some extent.
>>
>>48565755
I once did an esper hatebear deck with 4x mainboard Tidehollow Sculler and Meddling Mage

was fun but the manabase was atrocious
>>
>Sell 145 euros of cards to one of the biggest traders on MCM
>He signs for it but doesn't confirm it's arrived
>Now he's claiming the cards were lost in the mail and wants to keep his money
Don't trade with a user named BB-TradingCards. They're literally laughing in the face of literal proof and support aren't saying a word.
>>
>>48562702
>>48562936
>>48563214
This kills the trading card game.
>>
>>48555566
Im disabling rollbacks when I create a game.
>>
>>48563674
When in doubt, always consult the Gatherer page for card ruling.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373709
>If a creature returned to the battlefield with Whip of Erebos would leave the battlefield for any reason, it’s exiled instead. However, if that creature is already being exiled, then the replacement effect won’t apply. If the spell or ability that exiles it later returns it to the battlefield (as Chained to the Rocks might, for example), the creature card will return to the battlefield as a new object with no relation to its previous existence. The effects from Whip of Erebos will no longer apply to it.
>>
>>48565661
I hope you run 4x Blood Moon in the main.
>>
>>48565934
>tfw 2 winter orb
kill me
>>
>>48565972
Winter Orb is not modern legal.
>>
>>48565986
>he thinks its a modern deck
i play shitty bogles in modern
which im gonna sell
>>
>>48565997
Don't bring your non-modern escapades to a Modern thread. Now I'll have to ask a janitor to clean up your posts.
>>
>>48565368
>tfw I almost built my dredge list
>tfw missing only bloodghasts
>tfw nowhere to buy them
>tfw don't want to pay retarded price for shipping from another country
>>
File: 1469563027147.jpg (26KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1469563027147.jpg
26KB, 327x316px
>>48566069
>almost built
>missing """"only"""" bloodghasts
>>
>>48560854
Put in apostles blessing its a blow them the fuck out card that makes the kill stick.
>>
File: image.png (199KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
199KB, 750x1334px
ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Whoever posted this crap (pic related) about Ghostly Prison, Propaganda, and Crawlspace applying to your opponents attacking your Planeswalkers is dumb and needs to do some research before opening their mouth.

> Rulings of Ghostly Prison:
2/1/2014 Unless some effect explicitly says otherwise, a creature that can’t attack you can still attack a planeswalker you control.

That is all.
>>
>>48566516
If creatures were bolts that would work, but technically planeswalkers are different players than you and arent protected by tax effects that protect you
>>
>>48566590
Correct.
>>
>>48566111

I have everything except them mang. I just can't buy them for some reason, and I'm somehow reluctant to pay retarded shipping fee.
>>
>>48566069

>Built a dredge before it was cool

Everyone laughed when I built Raphael Levy's Zombie Loam (which was already a really cool fun deck).

It was only a matter of time before the true dredge incarnation came. All we need now is a Dread Return unban.
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 850x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 850x600px
>>48562987
>>48562987
I say cut visions, you're already running more then enough card draw. Put in some spell pierce and/or mana leaks. If you're path to victory is a subpar creature, at least make sure you can keep it alive. However if you don't want to add more counters, at least put in a play set of Delver.
>>48563001 this guy gets it
>>
>>48562987
>not playing delver in UR decks
>>
File: 1467610601469.jpg (65KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1467610601469.jpg
65KB, 223x310px
Anyone given Spirits a go with the new stuff we got in EMN? How'd it go? Are spiritbois finally a thing?
>>
>>48566010
Kill yourself.
>>
>>48568310
I'm playing with a tempo version of them currently. I don't have everything I want for them but I believe that's the deck it wants to be over full of vial aggro. My thing is just getting used to playing any type of control
>>
>>48567749
>playing delver in modern?
>>
>>48569128
>what is grixis/ur delver
>>
>>48569148
Shit.
>>
>>48569227
well grixis delver is considered a T2 deck now, ur delver is still ??? tier
>>
>>48569263

>tiers matter
kill yourself
>>
>>48569290
have fun losing with your shitty brew my man
>>
>>48569302
the best deck in the format was a
>shitty brew
at one time
>>
>>48569326
Jund/Affinity/Tron/Infect? Lol.
>>
>>48569352

He means Lantern Control.
>>
>>48569513
Which isn't nearly the best deck in the format nor is implying it is humorous.
>>
>>48561213

Symbols should be downloadable from the top right part of the menu.
>>
>>48569513
He clearly means Mardu
>>
File: 1469404401548.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1469404401548.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
No thread is complete without a great modern brew. Tiers doesn't mean shit. It's a modern deck and it will take over the next SCG tournament. Just wait and see. It needs sphinx rev tho.
>>
i meant dredge but hey
>>
>>48569901
Fuck off to 9gag you literal child
>>
you mean standard with 3 modern unplayables
>>
File: truth.png (64KB, 1366x236px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
64KB, 1366x236px
>>48569913

Did I hurt your reanimator feelings?
>>
tiers don't matter but mardu and esper are tier 1
>>
>>48569991
>mardu and esper are tier 1
>i only have those 2 decks so they are tier 1
top kek
>>
>>48569988
Literally what are you talking about. It's just annoying how you 10 year olds think your ebin memes are fucking hilarious
>>
File: Zur.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Zur.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>48569991
Based
>>
File: revfor15legacyed.jpg (766KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
revfor15legacyed.jpg
766KB, 1200x900px
>>48570086

> your ebin memes are fucking hilarious

As hilarious as this deck.
>>
>>48570138
>guy trolls you
>look at this image I made I'm so much smarter
Just leave
>>
>>48570384

>hurr I only pretended to be retarded

That guy was insane or autistic. I'm gonna shun him for years now. It can only compare to the original "rev for 15" poster.
>>
is the new dredge deck a meme or what
>>
>>48563043
The deck actually looks pretty consistent, going all in on ascendency looks like it pays off better than attempting to go off with storm
>>
>>48570412
Did you save the rug delver deck where the guy is so poor he runs tarfire?
>>
>>48570676
Are you serious or are you le ebin trolling me
>>
>>48570695
What? So you didn't
>>
>>48566590
>Planeswalkers are players
People saying "technically this is the case" and then being incorrect really triggers my autism
>>
>>48570861
Tribal grows the Tarmogoyf
>>
>>48565294

so what does the tier list mean?

is it only tier 1 because people are playing so often that it doesnt matter if the results are bad?
>>
>>48570676
>>48570861

I only save autistic masterpieces, so no. But if anyone posts esper draw-go with sphinx rev and then defend like a tier 1, then I'm gonna add it to my collection.
>>
>>48570970
>tfw your deck isn't an autistic masterpiece
Feels good man
>>
File: image.png (7MB, 1865x2632px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7MB, 1865x2632px
>>48569901
That wasn't a deck. That was some cards I had that I wanted some opinions on making a deck out of. I actually used a few different cards for the deck a bit after a few suggestions.

Pic related.
>>
>>48569901
>>48569988
>>48570138
>>48570695
>>48570970
You're such a try hard. I bet you run a shitty Tier 4 Burn deck at your local FNM.
>>
>Drive To Work

wow, MaRo's daughter has the vocabulary of a six year old
>>
>>48571623
That's because she is a six year old.
>>
is anyone working on modern spiders?
>>
>>48571520

glad you took out collective effort and talent of the telepath finally, but you put it thalia for no reason, take that shit out

also take out kiora cuz shes bad, unless you just cant afford better planeswalkers?

norn's annex is okay, not sure you need it, or if its even better than ghostly prison for you

harrow seems smart, i think you want even more ramp though, maybe sakura tribe elder so you can block an early aggressive creature as you ramp
>>
>>48565846
If it's that big of a batch you should have certified shipment and the proof of arrival, contact the mcm guys and they should help you out
>>
>>48571682
1) Kiora is pretty good when she ultimates. And it's pretty easy with proliferate or seasons. And preventing damage from a critter is great.

2) What Planeswalkers would you suggest? I'm thinking about tossing in either a Domri Rade or Garruk, Apex. Don't know just yet.

3) Prison, Propaganda, and Crawlspace doesn't apply to your opponents when they attack your Planeswalkers, only you. Annex applies for you and your Planeswalkers.

4) I love Harrow in this deck, ramp with major deck thin.

5) Tribe Elder could be a good addition, but what to take out for it? It's already to the point that it's hard to add in Rade or Garruk as it stands.
>>
>>48571808

kiora's ultimate isnt really that great, new kiora's ultimate is better, and new kiora is just better in general, although i thik she's still not worth the include

i forgot about the ghostly prison vs norn's annex thing, but still think norn's annex is unnecessary, could replace with sakura-tribe elder
>>
>>48571998
You don't think being forced to pay 2 life per creature attacking you isn't good enough. Just to let you know, most decks my group plays with doesn't have white in the deck. Thus, Annex tends to be significantly better. I don't play this deck in tournaments, just with my play group. But, I'll get three Tribe Elders and see if it runs any better with them.
>>
>>48571630

she's like 18 I think
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>>48572122
She's definitely not 18. Maybe 14. Maybe.
>>
>>48572195
You do make a point, like I said, I'll get 3 copies and try them out to see how they test.
>>
File: 1448452045141.jpg (25KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
1448452045141.jpg
25KB, 480x343px
>>48571570

>burn
>tier 4
>>
prof is playing modern, explain why are you lurking here
>>
>>48571766
The buyer is claiming that the courier service must've lost it, even though I'm pretty sure that's impossible since each package is scanned individually. So the driver must've had the order in his hand and scanned it, which is something they only do at the point of delivery. It all seems pretty suspect to me. Like, my order literally has the recipient's surname and signature attached to it saying it's been delivered, yet someone using the account is swearing blind the cards aren't there. I mean it's been 24 days since it was delivered so they've probably already sold the cards on.
>>
File: resident sleeper.png (3KB, 28x28px) Image search: [Google]
resident sleeper.png
3KB, 28x28px
>>48573166
>merfolk again
>>
>>48573233
be happy, before that it was bogles
>>
how good of a deck is esper draw-go
ive heard many opinions, what do you guys think
>>
>>48573166
I'm not a cuck, I play games not watch them.
>>
I'm going to brew a weird hatebear twist on Gifts. If I can get Spirit of the Labyrinth into the yard and reanimate it with Ojutai's Command which is already a decent card, I can achieve the Geier's Reach Sanitarium lockout much safer and easier than if I were to just jam 4 Spirits into the deck. The only problem is just how clogged the 4 mana slot is going to be. Ojutai's Command, Notion Thief, Gifts Ungiven, I'd like to run Thought-Knot Seer too. Notion Thief is so dank holy shit. Go ahead Electrolyze it, I still draw the card.
>>
>>48573693
>im going to clog my deck with 4 drops
>I'm sure it will be good

Dank
>>
>>48573693
I feel like thoughtknot is too mana intensive for esper with the anus mana, and regular ol' 1cmc hand hate would do his job equally fine.
Really like the sound of that deck though, quite spicy and innovative.
>>
>>48573907
I'm not trying to innovate; I'm trying to make a good deck.
>>
>>48573895
The upside is that Ojutai's Command, Gifts, and Notion Thief are all instant speed.
>>
>>48573012
> thinking that every version of a deck is the best
> thinking that poor people don't exist
>>
would anyone be willing to help me with my shitbrew? my lgs has a casual modern night with free entry every week and it's not any fun playing infect against the kind of scrubs that show up. so I'm trying to build a deck that will still win, but without leaving them feeling like they got pearl harbored - basically a kitchen table deck on steroids. this is what I have right now:

3 snap
1 clique
2 p&k
2 dank dwellers
1 thundermaw hellkite
1 swagtusk
1 shriekmaw
1 lava man
1 mulldrifter

3 inquisition
3 thoughtseize

4 bolt
3 terminate
2 mana leak
2 kommand
1 rise fall
1 cryptic
1 hero's downfall
1 slaughter pact

1 lotv
1 jace aot

10 fetch
2 steam vents
2 watery grave
1 blood crypt
1 breeding pool
2 island
1 swamp
1 mountain
1 darkslick shores
1 dragonskull summit
1 sulfur falls
1 wandering fumarole

sb:

1 murk lurker
1 dragons claws
1 crypt incursion
1 avalanche riders
1 molten rain
1 crumble to dust
1 languish
1 anger of the gods
1 countersquall
1 keranos
1 grave Titan
1 jund charm
1 ancient grudge
1 surgical extraction
1 engineered explosives
>>
File: 1470085416994.jpg (11KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1470085416994.jpg
11KB, 225x224px
>tfw you lose aginst mill
JUST
>>
>>48574987
If they're playing casual shit just play a pile of good creatures like Swagtusk and Huntmaster, and cards they know from standard like Kommand. That way you can show them how powerful those cards can be while also giving them fuzzy feels because you're killing them in combat.
>>
>>48573686
> not watching how other people play the game and use the cards
> not learning new things and ways to use cards you've never thought about
You might not be a cuck, but it sounds like you're still bad at this game.
>>
>>48575274
The professor is fucking bad at magic. If you're learning from him you suck
>>
File: un.png (108KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
un.png
108KB, 223x311px
Are any merfolk players subbing out their snags and running unsubstantiate instead? I would think that having the option to return a spell back to hand in a pinch is worth paying the one extra mana for, even if you are going to be bouncing the majority of the time still. Anyone see results from this?
>>
>>48575347
>That flavour text

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>48575294
Never watched him play. Doesn't mean you can't learn from watching others.
>>
>>48570676
The one with simic charm and shoal? Fucking kek
>>
>>48575347
2 drop slot is so crowded already, and there is no reason to run a 2 drop when you can run a 1 drop.
>>
>>48577185
I can see it there for the added versatility, if somebody swapped snag for it I wouldn't be surprised. Snag will always be the go-to for aggressive removal but I really like the idea of a removal spell in blue that doubles as a nice tempo play vs non-creatures.
Really cool card nonetheless
>>
File: VerdantCata.jpg (118KB, 536x714px) Image search: [Google]
VerdantCata.jpg
118KB, 536x714px
Just pulled this, wat do?
>>
>>48573310
It's a pretty strong deck. Not the archetype for everyone, though.
>>
>>48573310
t1, just like mardu
>>
>>48577377
Trade it off for staples. Don't fall for the foil meme.
>>
>>48571623
Have you actually talked to a teenage girl in your life?
>>
I'm seriously considering getting into Magic Online. Is it a decent platform to play Modern on or is it a terrible mistake and only really good for formats like Pauper, EDH, and Legacy/Vintage?

Whats a good way to build up a collection on there without spending too much money?
>>
>>48577377
Give it to me.
>>
>>48575004
should have mulled better.
>>
>>48577308
>>48577185
It always was destined for the blue sideboard, its a catch all answer that can really help against certain strategies, like sideborded removal.
>>
>>48572181
She's really fucking Jewish. That's fine and all, but holy shit

And uhh, unbad pod or something modern related
>>
just pulled this at draft night, got to discard it and let it rot in my hand for a game (still went 3-0).
Should I sell it now or wait? I dont think its standard playable.
>>
File: Image.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
132KB, 223x311px
>>48579520
>>
>>48568310
Jeskai tempo is fun w/Geist of St. Traft, Rattlechains, and Drogskol

I'll switch out Drogskol for Spell Queller soon
>>
Anyone got any input on Bant Eldrazi? Been thinking of picking it up as my second deck and already happen to have like half the pieces to it. Is the deck shit without Goyfs?
>>
>>48579691
Goyf is obviously good, but the real treat is grinding out your opponent until you can Displacer Drowner and win every combat round
>>
Unban Splinter Twin
Make Grixis Great Again!!
>>
>>48579731
I get that Goyfs are great to have of course, but is it possible to run the deck without them? How much is the deck going to take a hit without them? Or is just having them simply a case of making your deck go from 90% powered to 100% powered?
>>
>>48575347

This card will come in from the sideboard to replace Remand against a few decks in particular. It's extremely useful basically against any deck you encounter that will run Cavern of Souls and the situation of a Ad Nauseam cast off a Boseiju.
>>
>>48579876
More of the latter, all your creatures have insane value
>>
>>48580036
k thanks, makes the decision way way easier.
>>
File: IMG_0085[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>local Hastings going out of business
>20-30% off stuff
>buy a bunch of packs because sale

:^)
>>
Is there any upside to playing a G/b deck to abuse the lack of Path being played?
I've played a Predator Ooze deck to fight twin but no I don't know if it has a place anymore.
>>
Twin unbanning when?

Banning it literally did nothing to modern
>>
>>48577377
Keep it. Double Sleeve it. And put it away. In a couple of years all Expositions will be worth quite a bit of money.
>>
>>48579520
>>48579531
If you're not going to use it ever, sell it right away. It's only going to go down with the release of Kaladesh as she'll be even less relavent. If you are going to use her, then just keep her. She's a very useful pw that is easily ult'ed.
>>
>>48580546
I'd do the same, anon. Nice pull. Like I told the other anon, double sleeve it and put it away. All Expositions will sky rocket in a couple of years.
>>
>>48579520
Sell

Nahiri will get rotated from standard and drop

People will also realize she sucks in modern eventually and get dropped there as well
>>
>>48581659
> this card that drops out any Eldrazi Titan / Chase Critter from my deck and attack that turn, then put it to my hand, better than any Tudor
> but totally sucks for modern, right guys? Right?
>>
>>48582087
>better than any Tudor
So wrong
>>
>>48582087
any tier 1 use it?
>>
>>48582087
>4 drop that has to be played on an empty board and sit around for 3 turns is good in modern right? RIGHT?

Now that people are adapting to the Nahiri meme deck it's results are tanking like mad
>>
>playing tron aginst nahiri
im ok with this
>>
Is Reflector mage the new Siege Rhino?
>>
>>48582728
No because Reflector Mage isn't really Modern playable. The tempo gains are minimal compared to playing something horrific like a 3/2 flier for U or a 5/6 for 1G. Not to mention it's dead in a lot of matchups like Scapeshift.
>>
Reasons i quit mtg
#1 lgs charging equivlant of usd 115$ for booster box on release day. Only msrp for people who preorder. Wanted me to pay 50$ +tax on shadow or oath for a fat pack release date.
#2 couldnt win any tourneys cuz poorfag decks and 160+ cad for a goyf or lili or jace just cut into budget too much.
#3 couldnt stand modern when i realized it was 1500$ to win on turn 3 and have 7 other varitions of your deck there.
#4 couldnt stand standard when realized it was 450$ to win on turn 5-6 and the cards are garunteed to hold no calue after.
#5 playing vs store clerk who is regarded as judge says if you ultimate price devoid it fizzles and goes to gy (no valid target so stays in hand.
Also complains sleeves are dirty and could be considered marked. Scooped g1 t2 wasnt putting up with that shit.
#6 too many fedoras, autists, and cool kids.
#7 had trouble getting 8 ppl together for fnm consistently at lgs.
#8 2 date stamped hedron alignment and the bfz wubrg scry shit at oath pre-release.
#9 store owner refused to buy collection for like 3 weeks then one day:
>Find buyer at lgshit
>go to owner "im looking at selling my stuff..." (had given detailed list at this point)
>"sorry we just dont have any cash for that" he interrupts before i can finish explaining.
>also it was like 250$ of stuff. Thats too much?
>"i wasnt really asking you... i was going to say there is somebody here interested and i was going to grab my shit and come back.
>jump on bike grab shit come back sell it for buylist prices.
>"you're really screwing your self with these prices"
>"how so if im never going to play again and im getting cash today?"

>never looked back since dont own a single sleeve or nothing.
#10 fuck mtg.
>>
>>48582877
Pham you could have just said "I don't like the people at my lgs and magic is too expensive" instead of that wall of text.
>>
Can mill be competitive
i really want to make a mill deck
but im scared of it not being good enough
>>
>>48582950
>Can mill be competitive
Short answer is no. Burn does the same thing you're trying to do, but does it faster. Not to mention you automatically lose against Nahiri because of Emrakul's shuffle trigger.
>>
>>48582950
No, Mill is not competitive.

If you treat mill like burn, which has no end of 3-damage-to-the-face cards, you need a similar number of cards that mill for 7+ per card to kill a player at the same rate as a burn player kills a player.

And the reality is that you don't have enough cards that mill for 7+ in the entire history of Magic. So from a sheer numbers perspective mill isn't competitive.
>>
>you will never play a good blue affordable control deck in modern
fml
>>
>>48582998
MonoU Tron did okay at the last GP, mostly due to maindeck Chalices though.
>>
>>48582877
>#5 playing vs store clerk who is regarded as judge says if you ultimate price devoid it fizzles and goes to gy (no valid target so stays in hand.

It fizzles.
>>
>>48583063
but i asked people how good it is
and every single one told me to play RG
>>
BLUE MAGE REPORTING IN
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-16-taking-turns/

>>48574987
I would drop the counterspells, as counter spells are anti fun booger men. You could run Remand, as it lets them have their spell back.
>>48578435
>Paying for digital cardboard
I seriously hope you guys don't do this while free software like Xmage exists.
>>
>>48583093
It couldn't be cast in the first place.
>>
>>48583108
>taking turns
what is the win condition in that retarded deck
and please dont you dare say awaken
>>
>>48583110
Exactly this and the douche was trying to say cuz my sleeves got a tad gross that i was marking them.
There was no valid target to my knowledge.
Ultimate price says "destroy target monocolored creature" and since devoid is no color cannot be declared legal target.
>>
>>48583093

Nope. No legal target, cannot be cast. You cannot fizzle a counterspell by casting it with no valid target. Same goes for removal. You are simply not allowed to perform the action. He's actually retarded.
>>
>>48582300
Debatable. It doesn't just put it into your hand or ontop of your deck. It puts it into play with haste. Then back into your hand. It's a quick way to I'mrakul the board.

>>48582304
Does that mean it sucks in modern? Just because it's not the absolute best doesn't mean it's not playable.

>>48582350
It's still playable. And it kind of put Eldrazis back into modern.
>>
>>48583218
>And it kind of put Eldrazis back into modern.
Yeah because PT OGW didn't do that.
>>
File: 1432875683246.jpg (35KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1432875683246.jpg
35KB, 500x504px
>>48582304
>is Jeskai Control tier 1?
gee I don't know anon what about looking at the fucking tier list which is posted in every single thread
>>
>>48583235
I meant the Titans. The use of them kind of died down in tournaments until Nahiri became a thing.
>>
>>48583263
Someone knows their tournament decks. Props.
>>
>>48583165
>>48582877

He's right about the sleeves, though. Dirty or damaged sleeves can be considered marked. They have to give you time to reserve your deck, but if you don't, you'll get booted.

But you seem to be poor, so it's not like we can expect you to get new sleeves for each event.

Anyway, glad you're out of the hobby. Enjoy your life.
>>
how good i mono U tron
i wanna play it cause its blue
but people keep telling me its shit
>>
>>48583122

Thassa, Jace Beleren mill.

Awaken
>>
>>48583411
>tier 200
>>
>>48583389

FNM tier, of youre lucky, maybe in bigger events sure. The work comes from chalice of the voids though, and the fact that people get surprised by Squelches from the SB. They fetch a land then you squelch, they cry because you've effectively sinkholed them at instant speed.

The deck doesnt automatically fold to aggro these days due to Spatial Contortion and Warping Wail. Some builds pack in Thought Knot Seers, but I think Solemn Simulacrums are better.
>>
>>48583389
Modern is all about aggro. Mono U tron takes usually longer to assemble tron pieces than GR version and has worse answers to problems (read, hordes of creatures).

I personally feel like traditional control is way better, but cost like 6x more than monoU tron.
>>
>>48582950
Here's an easy flow-chart for you to remember if Mill is competitive:

Can I play Painter's Servant & Grindstone?
/ \
Yes No
| |
Viable It's Shit
>>
>>48583429
what do i set chalice X to
Merfolk
suicide zoo
8rack
elf
dredge
>>
>>48583449
Awww the new poster is so cute!
>>
>>48583457

Merfolk - 1 just to shut off vial if youre on the play, but its useless if they get vial online asap. Definitely the deck's worst matchup, like 70-30 on merfolk's favor

S.Zoo -1 if on the play, if it drags on, set to 2 to shut off temur battle rage

Elves -1

Dredge - 1 to shut off enablers. Bounce like Aetherize from the SB, overloaded cyclonic rifts and repeal are very very good in this matchup because if they cant pitch them to the yard, theyre forced to play fair.
>>
>>48583501
>>48583457

For 8rack set to 1 for the 1-to-1 discard and the rack itself.
>>
>>48583457
merfolk 2
suicide zoo 1
8rack 1
elf 1
dredge1 pre-board 2 post most likely

this all being said if your meta looks like this is a bad deck to be playing.
>>
>>48583556
>>48583501
merfolk is one on the play assuming no turn 1 vial on there part.
>>
>>48583556
the elf and merfolk player dont play that much
we also have grixis and grixis delver players
>>
>>48583122
sphinx's rev for 15 :^)
Count to five, time walk while drawing cards like a madman, count to nine, awaken, gg.
>>
File: DOSLOVNO CIGAN.jpg (13KB, 534x432px) Image search: [Google]
DOSLOVNO CIGAN.jpg
13KB, 534x432px
post yfw
>you only play modern and standard
>the edh players decide to make modern decks
>filthy edh players...
>duel commander players
>they all start playing BR brews and keep losing 0-4
>blame it on blue.jpg
>be me
>say blue is getting no support
>inb4 shitstorm
>they stop playing modern, and go back to duel commander
why are they so fucking retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 480x680px
What side /tg/ think about Restore Balance? As "fun" as fish is, I'd like to play something a bit more involved then hoping for turn 1 Vile and hope to never see another one for the rest of the game.
The list I'm going for is as shone

Creatures (17)
4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Riftwing Cloudskate
4 Durkwood Baloth
4 Greater Gargadon
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
Spells (19)
4 Restore Balance
4 Ardent Plea
3 Dismember
4 Violent Outburst
4 Nahiri, the Harbinger
Lands (24)
1 Breeding Pool
1 Copperline Gorge
4 Flooded Strand
1 Forest
1 Gemstone Caverns
4 Gemstone Mine
1 Island
1 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Razorverge Thicket
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Seachrome Coast
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
2 Wooded Foothills
1 Windswept Heath

I'm most likely going to run 3 Anger of The Gods, 3 Leyline of Sanctity. And I'll formulate the rest around my meta
>>
>>48583661
EDH is the ultimate Timmy format. You can jam 60 otherwise completely unplayable 7CMC+ cards together with 40 lands/rocks and win. While you can approach it with a competitive mindset, it tends to attract non-competitive players.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Time+Spiral/Restore+Balance#online
I want to play something other then fish, what dose tg think of restore balance?
>>
>>48583664
>>48583772
It's shit
>>
File: image.jpg (423KB, 1188x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
423KB, 1188x1600px
>>48583847
And explanation beyond that?
>>
>>48582950
>Can mill be competitive
>i really want to make a mill deck
>but im scared of it not being good enough

No, but give Turbo Fog a go. It's cheap and quite fun to play on occasion, even if it does get wrecked by some matchups.

Depending on your meta it might hold up for a while before people hate against it.
>>
File: H_VIII_2.jpg (2MB, 2400x3155px) Image search: [Google]
H_VIII_2.jpg
2MB, 2400x3155px
>>48582087

>better than any Tudor

Are you shitting me serf?
>>
>>48552054

Can you guys rate an infect for me?

4x Mutagenic Growth
4x Distortion Strike
4x Giant Growth
4x Vines of Eastwood
4x Spider Umbra
2x Artful Dodge
2x Ground Swell
3x Rancor
2x Slip through Space

3x Ichor Claw Myr
4x Glistener Elf
4x Blighted Agent

4x Breeding Pool
4x Yavimaya Coast
6x Island
6x Forest

Sideboard- 4x Spellskites, 4x Force Spikes

Should I use Inkmoth Nexus? Anything I could replace/add to improve?
>>
>>48584303
Get Noble Hierarch and Inkmoth Nexus.
>>
>>48584303
force spike isn't modern legal. dispel and spell pierce would probably work better for your purposes anyway, and if recommend some number of them in the main deck. I think you're running too many islands. if budget is an issue, I'd suggest running some number of cathedral of war and pendelhaven to replace some of the islands, and adding sylvan decrying instead of a few unblockable spells since I think you have too many of those. gitaxian probe is very good in this deck as it lets you know what to play around. I'm on mobile so I can't check if you're running vines of vast wood or apostle's blessing, but you should be if you're not.
>>
>>48584450

What's your opinion on Berserk? Cost aside it looks pretty spooky. As far as Sylvan Scrying goes, I didn't include it because I felt it was too slow for the deck. I was looking for turn 3-4 wins, and I don't think that is possible with putting mana towards other non-buffing spells. I think I might replace the spellskites with apostles blessing, but what would you replace in favor of Apostle's and Gitaxian?
>>
>>48584450

>>48584450

What's your opinion on Berserk? Cost aside it looks pretty spooky. As far as Sylvan Scrying goes, I didn't include it because I felt it was too slow for the deck. I was looking for turn 3-4 wins, and I don't think that is possible with putting mana towards other non-buffing spells. I think I might replace the spellskites with apostles blessing, but what would you replace in favor of Apostle's and Gitaxian?
>>
>>48584646

Tfw shit-tier internet
>>
>>48584646
berserk is also not modern legal, but if you don't care about that it's a great combo with the dirt-cheap invigorate. I understand your thoughts on putting mana toward non, pump spells, but both pendelhaven and cathedral of war offer repeatable pump effects, and you're also playing like 8 unblockable spells. if cost isn't an issue, I'd look into fetch lands, noble hierarch, ink moth nexus, and become immense.
>>
>>48584741
to clarify, I think 8 distortion strike effects is too many, I'd go for four at the absolute maximum, so those should be the first cuts, also, your sideboard can be up to 15 cards. now that I think about it, you'll want some way to answer opposing spellskites (they can redirect your pump spells) or other problem creatures like Melira or staticaster. I'd add some number of dismember and/or twisted image.
>>
>>48571520
I'd reccomend you roll back to no more 1-of each planeswalker, add a 4th Call of the Gatewatch and some ramp (swappong out Harrow for better ramp in the process) and then play it like a toolbox planeswalker deck.

Norin's Annex is probably terrible since you aren't attacking life-totals directly so they can just easily pay the cost.
>>
>>48583664
Zac Elsik (lantern control dude) has been playing this around our local meta for the past week to some pretty good results. Being able to cast Armageddon effectively multiple times throughout a game is fucking nuts.
>>
>>48585012
Where does he play? Madness?
>>
>>48585018
Madness in Plano on Friday typically, and Doc's in Frisco on Monday for Modern.
>>
File: Become Immense.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Become Immense.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>48585473
>>48585473

New thread
Thread posts: 300
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.