[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Altering History CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 47

Love and War Between Immortals Edition!

Previous Thread: >>48537067

Resources: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7BuylZWKxemY2M0OHJTbEhOQjQ&usp=sharing&tid=0B7BuylZWKxemS2dJNElOYkpjSHc

Ideally, everyone should post (or re-post) their build here, including a name and whatever elaboration on your plans you would like to.
We currently have two Shared Worlds for roleplay. One is the mundane Common World, where you start in 2000BC along with many other immortals. The other is brand-new Aloadan, a fantasy world. >>48546720

You may also play in your own private world or start a new Shared World. Please specify which in your build.

Some of these builds may form the basis of Companions in a future edition of Altering History, so specify a name if you wish to, or specify that you do not wish your build to be a Companion.
>>
>>48551113
Fantasy DLC.
>>
File: sharedworld_v6.jpg (259KB, 1578x778px) Image search: [Google]
sharedworld_v6.jpg
259KB, 1578x778px
>>48551113
First Shared World aka Common World
Map and
Dramatis Personae (Twenty Immortals so far!)

>GreekoRoman Anon aka Caesar Immortales
>>48498477
>>48498579
Claims: Southern Europe and Western Africa. Seat of power in Rome.

>AngelAnon. Sitmut-Nefert aka the One True Goddess
>>48515684
>>48522785
Claims: Sardinia at first then after losing it South and Meso America

>Saparnitu, Mother of Heroes, Whore of Babylon
>>48492468
>>48492486
>>48492507
>>48492538
Claims: Mesopotamia, Persia, Eastern Africa. Seat of power in Babylon.

>Middle Kingdom Gengis Khan
>>48498058
Claims: China and East Asia.

>Great Zardoz, feeble Holy Man support
>>48518302

>Ingvar Haraldsson, the Viking Uniter
>>48533750
Claims: Scandinavia, Belarus and Russia. Settlements in North America.

>Nirshtu the Stranger
>>48523192

>Elven King, the Benevolent, Sorcerer of the Misty Continent.
>>48523185
Claims: Australia

>Wee Aboo, Eternal Emperor of Sunrise Land. Nippon Enchanter and Protector of mankind.
>>48527238
Claims: Japan and various Pacific islands.

>Mars the Destroyer
>>48528099
>>48537244

>Father of the Hunt
>>48529286

>Srutos the Lucky Briton
>>48525788
>>48525832
>>48526189
Claims: The British Isles.

>Penguin Anon
>>48532901
>>48532918
>>48533097
Claims: Antarctica

>Old Man Coyote The Many Named Trickster.
>>48530066
Claims: North America

>The Historian
>>48534117
>>48534126

>Ubnitor
>>48543158
>>48543183
Claims: Sri Lanka

>Aegean island anon
>>48541225

>Atman, Old Man of the Mountain
>>48541900

>Felix the Phoenix King
>>48543155
>>48543213
Claims: Indonesia

>Raziel, The Bringer of Gifts
>>48544597
>>
File: icedancer.jpg (494KB, 640x971px) Image search: [Google]
icedancer.jpg
494KB, 640x971px
10000BC, Antarctica

Mysterious Stranger (120)

Genius 3 (110)
Polyglot (105)
Commander (100)

Strength and Speed 3 (88)
Reflexes and Reaction 2 (80)
Impervious 4 (64)
Regeneration 3 (55)
Endurance 2 (47)
Super Senses 0 (47)
Temperature Tolerance 1 (44)
Diet 2 (39)
Flight 1 (37)

Beastmaster Major (27)
Stormsage Major (17)
Defiling Major (7)
Icedancer Major (Imbue Minor) (-3)
Shapeshifting Major (-18)

Personal Omni-Weapon (Choose any weapon) (-20)

Shared World (0)

Quests:
Sorcerer Supreme (+10 points on completion, spent on Imbuing Shapeshifting Major)
>>
>>48551136
Previously on Shared World Adventures.

War!
Mars the Destroyer, Nemesis to all, has made his move. His Tauric hordes blaze a trail of complete destruction towards Babylon. Seat of the Mother Goddess. She is fragile, no match for his physical prowess. And her Children too soft to withstand the savagery of his hundred-thousand wolf army. Soon her sons will be slain, her daughters defiled, her city cast down. Mars will nail her head to the last wall of her crumbling Ziggurat. Or will he?
Other Immortals converge towards Babylon. Some to honour old alliances, others to garner favour, or to test new weapons. Perhaps simply to stop to the all-threatening Destroyer. If they manage to work in concert they may well vanquish and neuter the God of War. But a wildcard, the Phoenix King, may tip the balance towards either side.

In contrast, the Americas are at peace. But Sitmut-Neter's legendary temper, and an imprudent trickster who seems to relish in provocations may spark another godly quarrel.

Northern Europe lies in the shade of the Vikings. They grow ever stronger in unity, and they turn to the world outside Scandinavia. Launching expeditions as far as Mount Everest where they meet a terrible fate at the mechanical hands of Atman, and Babylon where a few sell their services as guards to the Mother. They begin colonising the islands to the west and even sail as far as North America. But will Father of the Hunt let them settle there?
In the British Isles, a peculiarly unsure immortal hesitates between embracing Godhood or living a more simple life as a normal if very lucky man.

Meanwhile in the mysterious land of Australia. The Elf King is turning his magical realm into... another kind of magical realm. One full of cute androgynous elves. A few Immortals whose names I won't divulge seem very interested in a tour.
>>
World War Zeroth.
The war to end all wars takes place here, and the winner will conquer the globe.

Verdant Earth + 0
Giant world
Living Forest +0
Caverns of the Expanse 0
*Fungus +1
Isles in the sky +0
Thaumaturgical Fault lines +0
That which has past +3
Periodic Elementalism +4
Spirit Manifest +0
That Which Has Past +3

Populating the earth

Sky Skimmers My race Spirit Singer Minor All 1/10 000 Major +5
Sylvans Friendly ยด+3 minor beastmastery Innate 1/10 000 Major -5

Merfolk Neutral -+0 points Master of Motion Minor All 1/10 000 Major

Stonefolk Hostile -3 points Innate: Enchanting Minor All, 1/10 000 Major -5
Taki - Hostile -3 points Innate Defiling Minor 1/10 000 Major -5
Ugrish: Hostile -3 points Binding minor All 1/10 000 Major -5

Humans - Major threat -6 points Blessed One Innate Minor 1/10 000 Major -5

This is a large world, with flying islands, caverns crisscrossing the planet, and enormous trees, with seven races all vying for global domination. It contains precious minerals and crystals with extra-normal properties, and thaumaturgical fault lines. I tried to make the magic relatively even, with each race assigned what I thought was most fitting. All are equally 'good' with magic, where the Minor skill is Innate for everyone, and 1 out of 10 000 have the Major. The threats are versus my race, the Sky Skimmers. My Nemesis in this world is a Human, thus they are my Major Threat. The Ugrish and Taki are some really nasty people, basically attacking everyone they see, vying for more territory. If you'd like to join me in this shared world, my recommendation is to set your allegiances up somewhat similar to my own. One friendly, one neutral, three hostile and one Major Threat.

Sky Skimmers and Sylvans are genetically compatible, so are Stonefolk and Humans.
>>
>>48551206
Pre-Ag, Europe.
1 percenter.
Genius3, 10 points
Memory1 3 poitns
Commander 5 points
Map Maker 5 points

Strength and speed lvl 2 8 points
Reflexes lvl 2 8 points
Impervious lvl 3 12 points
Non-Reactor 2 points
Regeneration lvl 2 6 points
Emdurance lvl 1 4 points
Senses1 2 poitns
Temperature tolerance lvl 3 9points
Beauty 2 poimts
Born in the water 2 points
Mage eye 2 points
Level 1 Flight 2 points
Iron gut 2 points

Telepathy Major 10 points
Master of Motion Major 10 points
Firedancer Minor Imbue 5 points
Firedancer Major 10 points
Defiling Major 10 points
Enchanting Major 10 points
Illusion major 10 points
(Innate) Spirit Singer Minor

Items Companions 25

2 points Companion
Book of Knowledge 5 points
Inheritable-All
Genius- Limited 4 points
Inheritable -Great Descendants
Genius 3 10 pts
Extended Lifespan 5 points

Nemesis 20
A Shared World 20
Beastfoe 15

Chosen quests
God Emperor
An Empire Eternal

Extra quests
Sorcerer Supreme
The Federation
The Historian
>>
>>48551223
I'm a Sky Skimmer, living ontop of one of the floating worlds. Allied with my forest-living Sylvans, I seek to dominate the world and subjugate the humans and Stonefolk, with the other races needing annihilation in order for me to complete my quests. The floating islands I call home are constantly moving, seeking to map out the constantly changing thaumaturgical lines and use them to my benefit. Using enchanting I can make excellent weapons for my people, arrows that explode in conflagration upon impact and swords that spread sickness and disease when cut. While the Humans are my mortal enemy, my allies the Sylvans, are under attack from primarily the Taki, and we must to defeat them well have to work together. I'm counting on the Ugrish to keep the humans attention away from me until the Taki has been eliminated, as it's likely that the Stonefolk and Humans will cooperate against me.

Being able to use moving floating islands as my base will make it difficult for the humans to attack me, giving me a slight edge over their vastly superior numbers. I never plan on fighting anyone directly, and committing large forces to one engagement will be anathema. Instead I seek to use aerial attacks with ranged weapons and quickly disappear afterwards throught MoM portals, leaving the dead defiled and risen to attack anyone at random.
>>
>>48551182
PenguinAnon? Have you changed anything compared to your old build?
>>
>>48551301
My first build didn't have the Shared World points. They're in my later posts, but I wanted to have the updated build all in one. Plus, I found a picture that matches my vision for the character.

Ability-wise, I've changed Impervious 1 to Impervious 4, and added Endurance 2.
>>
>>48551182
>>48551339
IIRC your plan is to uplift the whole penguin race and live as one of them? What's your attitude towards other Immortals?
>>
>>48551370
I want to teach my followers magic and mobilise them into an army. I won't take the appearance of a penguin, except for stealth (Beastmaster ability makes them loyal to me despite my appearance). I'm generally neutral towards other Immortals unless they threaten me or my tribe.
>>
>>48551204
>>48551204
Whereas most of the Immortals are consumed by petty wars or indulging in their whims and fantasies, a few concern themselves with the longer-term.
Underneath his smiling facade the Teacher of the Wizard Island accrues more and more power, hoarding magicians and elemental servants for his demonic masters.
The Old Man atop his Mountain busies himself in his hidden laboratory creating the horrors of tomorrow. No matter to him the countless lives he consumes in pursuit of his inventions.
The Nippon Emperor is also playing a larger game, producing arms in anticipation of a Darwinian struggle between humanity and the new Immortals' offspring.
And in the northernmost place, a strange avian army gathers...
>>
File: mountains-snow_00412998.jpg (328KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mountains-snow_00412998.jpg
328KB, 1920x1200px
I shall leave my nest and bring with me my herd to the lands. While I may side with Mars, I only wish to put down a pest that will poision the waters of your lands aswell. If you shall let me through, I shall not bring harm to thee but to cross my path is dangerous. Hic sunt dracones.
>>
File: Moroi.jpg (122KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
Moroi.jpg
122KB, 500x681px
Name: Moroi, Lord of the Cursed Realm

Start Time/Location: Beginning of the DLC Shared World, Mysterious Stranger, vaguely modern-day Romania ( I've got to go with the classics here)

Race: Human (Vampire)

Appearance: A tall, handsome man. Looks like he could be Dracula's cousin, has the accent, too. He will change forms fairly often, but that is his most-used one.

----------------------------------------------

Drawbacks; Shared World (+20)
The Slow Pace Of History (+15)

Genius III (10)
Memory of the Ages II (17)
Polyglot (22)
Gift of Gab (27)
Commander (32)
Economist (37)
Strength and Speed III (49)
Reflexes and Reaction II (57)
Impervious IV (73)
Pain Control (75)
Non-Reactor (77)
Regeneration III (86)
Endurance II (94)
Super Senses (99)
Temperature Tolerance III (108)
Diet 0 (108)
Iron Gut (110)
Flight II (115)
Mage Eye (117)

-----------------------------------------------

Major Stormsage (127)
Major Shapeshifting (137)
Major Defiling (147)

-----------------------------------------------

Wanderer's Journal (150)
Book of Culture (155)

I am the most powerful of all Vampires.

My land, once it is conquered by my army of undead, is to become a haven for vampirekind.

The sky shall be shrouded in clouds, enough to block out the harmful effects of the sun. The mortal populace shall be kept under our careful supervision, and small amounts of them will be taken as feeding-cattle.
The forests in this land are vast and wild, the mountains tall and wide, all to keep meddling mortals away from us. My undead will soon build a great castle, the Castle Moroi, to be a home for our kind.

We shall band together, away from the prying eyes of mortals; and if the Hunters are foolish enough to follow us here then we can and will crush them together.

Though I only desire to create a safe haven for my people, I am ready for war (possibly on the whole world) if necessary in making that desire a reality.
>>
>>48551897
Fucking Christ. I did not see the dumb 'Joyreactor' bullshit on that image.

I should get a new picture for him (that one is intended to show him in his full war-gear).
>>
[Making a Pastebin for my build so I can repost it when the original thread dies. http://pastebin.com/8eBr1m23]

[Also, formalizing my claim on the Isles. I've had a whole night to think about it, and have realized that will be more fun.]
>>
>>48552091
You're on the map! >>48551136 Is the location what you wanted?
And remember. In the game of immortal thrones, you win... or you get turned into a waifu.
>>
File: elfo-inverno-1900x2686_c.jpg (633KB, 1900x2686px) Image search: [Google]
elfo-inverno-1900x2686_c.jpg
633KB, 1900x2686px
>>48552120
[Seeing which side I'm on, I have already prepared an character image in case one of two anon gets their ways of the world.]

[Atleast I known where Freya got her legend from in this time line...]
>>
File: Tiamat_slain_by_Marduk.jpg (58KB, 564x403px) Image search: [Google]
Tiamat_slain_by_Marduk.jpg
58KB, 564x403px
>>48543172
>mythology is full of matricide
That is worrying! I would hate to be cleft in twain like Tiamat. I will have to suppress that awful story, forbid its telling and erase it from all the tablets. I actually have the Betrayal drawback so one of my Most Favored will turn against me one way or another. :(

>>48551182
Hello there! How would you feel about me sending an ambassador to your realm?

>>48551690
Why?? Why would you side with Mars? I honestly don't understand.
>>48552240
If you're referring to me, I don't have any particular plans for the world. I won't conquer anything or change anything really. I'm happy just focusing on my family.
>>
>>48551113
Thanks for making this, anon.

>>48551136
Excellent resources.

>>48551182
Very cool... literally. /dadhumor

If you're going to be a player in the Game of Thrones for the shared world, though, you'll need to start in 2000 B.C. If you're just staying in Antarctica, i don't think it matters so much.

>>48551206
To clear, are you proposing this as an alternate DLC world? That's fine, and if people like yours better I won't be upset, but you should give it a name. Anyway, it sounds like you have a good plan.

>>48551452
>Underneath his smiling facade
Facade! Anon, you wound me... I am but a humble teacher.

>>48551897
>Though I only desire to create a safe haven for my people
Such false pacifism... you would capture mortals for "feeding-cattle", while claiming peaceful intentions?
>>
>>48552316
[He's siding with Mars the Destroyer because Atman, his sworn foe, is fighting against Mars the Destroyer. He only wants to deal with Atman, and sees this as an opportunity.]
>>
>>48552392
I am not a pacifist. To secure a haven for my people, others must be used to sustain us. That is how we vampires are.
>>
Since I don't know if Sitmut saw it before we all migrated, here's my response: >>48550857
>>
>>48552316
I'll happily negotiate with you. I bear no ill will to another of my caliber.
>>48552392
I'll change my starting point to 2000BC then. I doubt much will change in Antarctica.
>>
File: Fantasy1.jpg (291KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy1.jpg
291KB, 960x540px
>>48551121
Re-Posting DLC World. Added Neutral Flitters because Coyote wanted them, and it doesn't hurt.

Aloadan, the Green (World of Myth and Wonder DLC World)

* Giant Earth
* Verdant Earth
* Living Forest (Big Trees only)
* Isles in the Sky
* That Which Has Past (Balanced)
* Arcanum Discors
* Steampunk (Classic)
* Reality is Perception (Weak, Balanced)
* Supernatural Wildlife (-3 version, with some helpful creatures too)
* Periodic Elementalism (+2 version)
* Thaumaturgical Fault Lines (Wild Magic)
* Spirits Manifest
* Shadow World (Only vague tales of it are known to any of the races)
* Vampires + Without Weakness + Curable + Vampire Hunters 2

Blessing: ALL Races: Extended Lifespan (Doubled)

In the world, the following magics are *learnable*: Enchanting, Binding, Spirit Singer, Blessed One. For the races that are listed as having those magics, that just means those races start with the knowledge. Any race can learn any of the learnable magics. You can assume that roughly 1 in 100 in the species has mastered the Learnable magics, though this number can vary over time. Dragons are the exception; they ALL know ALL of the learnable magics.

All other magics are *inherent*, meaning they can only be achieved if you are born with it, or if an immortal imbues you with the magic.

As a player, you must choose to play as one of the Neutral Races only. Remeber that the races are assumed to be balanced in terms of global power at the "start time"

(1/2)
>>
>>48552477

>Neutral Humans
Minor Divination, 1 in 100; Major Divination, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Blessed One, Binding
>Neutral Sylvans
Minor Illusion, 1 in 100; Major Illusion, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Spirit Singer, Blessed One
>Neutral Stonefolk
Minor Earthdancing, 1 in 100; Major Earthdancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Enchanting, Binding.
>Neutral Ugrish
Minor Firedancing, 1 in 100; Major Firedancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Enchanting, Spirit Singer
>Neutral Piskel (You MUST purchase Born in the Water to play as a Piskel, and you cannot breathe Air without Endurance perk)
Minor Waterdancing, 1 in 100; Major Waterdancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Binding
>Neutral Avare (You MUST purchase at least Flight 1 to play as an Avare)
Minor Airdancing, 1 in 100; Major Airdancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Enchanting
>Neutral Giants (You MUST purchase at least Impervious 1 and Strength & Speed 1 to play as a Giant)
Minor Stormsage, 1 in 100; Major Stormsage, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Blessed One
>Neutral Centauric Tribes
Minor Beastmaster, 1 in 100; Major Beastmaster, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Spirit Singer
>Neutral Flitters
Minor Illusion, 1 in 100. Minor Spirit Singer, 1 in 100.

>Hostile Taki
Minor Telepathy, 1 in 100; Major Telepathy, 1 in 100
>Hostile Those Beneath
Minor Shapeshifting, 1 in 100; Major Shapeshifting, 1 in 100
Minor Defiling, 1 in 100 (different than the shapeshifters)
Learned: Binding, Enchanting
>Hostile Dragons
Minor Master of Motion, ALL
All have ONE of: Minor Fire/Water/Earth/Air-dancer.
Learned: Binding, Enchanting, Spirit Singer, Blessed One

Humans and Ugrish are genetically compatible.

Start time is 0 B.C. in terms of technological development, though a very small percent of the world is actually "settled"
>>
Again, I'm playing as an evil character in this DLC World, but a Lawful Evil character instead of the less friendly Mars the Destroyer.

Moroi is mostly concerned with managing his own realm, and despite calling them cattle, he treats his mortals well. Like valued pets.
>>
File: gatesofishtar_fortress.jpg (750KB, 706x900px) Image search: [Google]
gatesofishtar_fortress.jpg
750KB, 706x900px
>>48552444
>I'll happily negotiate with you.
Great! :)
What would it take for you to teach one of my children Minor Icedancing?

Reposting:
>>48544345
>Whore with a Thousand Spawn! My horde and I have come to the borders of your lands. Have you anything to say to me before I begin my trail of destruction?
I'll enjoy your threats a lot more once your voice is high and sultry.
>>48552412
In the meantime, you're welcome to crash into my walls. You'll find them solid and well-manned. My people will defend me under the direction of my many Children. And we will not be alone to face you. The formidable Greeko-Roman Armies will come, according to our treaty. Wee Aboo's Artifact Knights sailing on his magical ships will cut off your supplies distract you all along the way. Ubnitor's portals spewing Elementals will sow chaos and terror in you ranks. Once you reach Mesopotamia the very land will turn against you and all the spirits will curse you at Nirshtu's call!
>>
>>48552685
Well, since it contributes to my Sorcerer Supreme quest, I'll do it for free (as long as you facilitate my travel). Perhaps goodness is its own reward. Be warned though, Ice is as fragile as it is powerful.
>>
>>48552685
Your Children are weak compared to me, Whore, and your people are no match for my hardened soldiers.

I can crush your solid walls without much effort on my part, and your allies are not here for a while.

The Emperor's Knights cannot cut me off from supplies, as we are an army with no land to call home. We take what we need from the places that we raze.

Ubnitor's Elementals are limited. He will want to defend his island fortress, and so he, like the Emperor, will not send the bulk of his forces to face me.

Do not think that I do not have allies, either. The beasts of the wild will come to my aid, and the Phoenix King is as of yet undecided.

But at least for now, it's just you and I, and a city that is soon to be ashes.

[OOC: Mars will almost certainly lose this conflict, but I very much doubt that he'll die. He might even escape, rather than getting himself imprisoned or made into a waifu. Also, he is pretty fucking powerful, so he is likely to deal some heavy damage you your armies and city.]
>>
>>48551136
>>GreekoRoman Anon aka Caesar Immortales
I wanted to change Shapeshifting Major to something else, since the Angeltopia probably won't happen anyway.
But then I cant waifu-ise Marsโ€ฆ
>>
>>48552975
[*to your armies and city.]
>>
>>48552975
>Ubnitor's Elementals are limited. He will want to defend his island fortress, and so he, like the Emperor, will not send the bulk of his forces to face me.
>But at least for now, it's just you and I, and a city that is soon to be ashes.
Both false, for I have unparalleled logistical capabilities with legion elementals themselves able to open portals across the world, now that my scouts have seen them through to Babylan. I have no need to leave forces to defend my island, for I can be back there in a moment. You face here and now the fullest strength of my armies, in alliance with my dear allies.
>>
>>48553027
If you bring your full forces with you, wizard, then I shall tear your full forces apart.

I am War. None among the Immortals can kill me, but I can certainly kill them.

Your elementals may destroy my army, but I never tire. I could fight them for a thousand years and still not die.

You may have forged manacles for me, but you will not and cannot find anyone strong and swift enough to place them upon me.

Even the Child of the Whore, the one who can rival even me in might, cannot withstand the flames of my fury.

Babylon shall fall, and the world shall fall after it.
>>
File: 3180179988_40d51a4836.jpg (33KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
3180179988_40d51a4836.jpg
33KB, 210x330px
>>48552477
Trying out the "Nearly Mortal" thing. Eladin is a moral inverse from my other character.

Eladin, the Teacher

Slow Pace of History +15, Nearly Mortal +20, Weak +5, Shared World +20

(133) Memory of the Ages 1, Wellspring of Harmony, Polyglot, Genus Level 3, Gift of Gab, SEP Field, Pain Control, Endurance 2, Iron Gut, Mage Eye

15 Major Shapeshifting + Imbue Minor
20 Major Beastmaster + Imbue Major
15 Major Telepathy + Imbue Minor
10 Major Divination + Imbue Major (Discounted from Human)
20 Major Master of Motion + Imbue Major
15 Major Illusion + Imbue Minor
20 Major Stormsage + Imbue Major
(18)
15 Twenty-Five Companions
3 Memory of the Ages 1 for Companions
(0)

Eladin will be staying completely off the radars of the major players for a very long time. Beginning in the vast expanses of the African continent, he will live among the Sylvan peoples there (Major Shapeshifting). He has the ability to offer immortality to twenty-five companions, which he should easily be able to bargain into taking on some of the greatest masters of the learned arts of Spirit Singer and Blessed One from the Sylvans. Meanwhile, he will be imbuing countless sylvans with his own magics, after ensuring they do not have dark hearts, and teaching them.

After half a century, he'll likely move on to stay with the Stonefolk, and repeat the process, leaning their Enchanting and Binding magics while some of his companions stay behind.

The goal is that his 25 companions will serve as immortal teachers of countless magics to the worthy, while he travels about imbuing magic that the companions will teach the use of. His goal is to ensure that the civilized races have enormous amounts of magical potential at their disposal in order to combat the darker elements of the world.
Enchanting, Binding, Spirit Singer, Blessed One
>>
>>48552240
Father, if you stop this foolish assistance of the hateful Mars, I will aid you in your goal to end the abomination on the mountain top, along with Coyote.

If you do not, and if Mars succeeds in his genocidal goals, you will have proven your self an enemy of mankind, and I will have little to lose in seeing your vast forests burn to the ground. I likely cannot kill you, but I have a place of impenetrable safety from which I can utterly ruin the nature you claim to love.

Stay your hand, so that you do not force mine.

>>48553167
>Your elementals may destroy my army, but I never tire. I could fight them for a thousand years and still not die.
Oh, certainly. Their only job is to destroy your armies, and then leave. I'm not so foolish as to thing that a mere elemental can stop one as you.
[OOC: I'm learning a lot here about what needs to be changed for 2nd edition. If Strength & Speed 3, Reflexes & Reactions 2 and Impervious 3-4 are absolute requirements to be able to stop a bloodthirsty opponent, then there's something seriously wrong with the system. It's fine when it's single player, but for multiplayer stuff absolute invulnerability is not a good thing from a fun perspective. ]
>>
>>48553293
[OOC: Definitely. I intended my build to focus on magic and trickery, yes, but I didn't expect to insta-lose to anyone with S&S III and/or Invulnerable III. Either bump up the price so you have to specialize to the point of having practically nothing else, or just drop the power level of everything so there is no "insurmountable," just "difficult."
>>
>>48553293
[Yeah, I understand. When I made Moroi, I wanted a character that, despite being as nigh-invulnerable as Mars the Destroyer, could still be killed. Fire and sunlight are still very effective against him, after all.]
>>
[OOC: It's going to be a while, weeks minimum, until I do 2nd edition.

I could just throw an idea out there that we could agree to limitations on certain abilities in the meantime? My suggestions would be Impervious 2 (which places it on par with the maximum Strength & Speed), Reflexes & Reaction 1, and Temperature Tolerance 1. Maybe also limiting the Time Dilation purchase for the Pocket Dimension. Dunno.

Obviously this wouldn't apply to the current world with Mars, but for future ones after this. I do think it would increase the "fun" quota in RP continues.

Thoughts? If the thread likes the idea, I'll put out a 1.7.1MP edition pdf that just has certain abilities crossed out.]
>>
>>48553293
Watch thine tongue for it is by Earth's will that I move. To abandon thine roots is to lose your foundations. I care not be it Mars or You who shall help me in the endeavor, I shall arrive in due time and those who aid me shall receive my favor. I am reluctant to believe that you shall aid me against the mad doctor since it is his war machines that aid your war against Mars.
>>
>>48552477
Any chance we could get Hostile Neanderthals? I'm interested in going full Them and Us.
No noble but misguided guardians of nature, just vicious cannibal bastards hiding in the woods preying on whoever they can catch.
>>
>>48553507
[Yeah, it sounds good to me. I can rebuild Moroi if you want me to, as well.]
>>
>>48552316
You may not understand now or ever, but know it is to secure everyones future and this planet.
>>
>>48550189
I'm honestly a little hurt by that. You, in particular, have been the most fun person to talk to in this RP.
>>
>>48553544
>I can rebuild Moroi if you want me to, as well.
That depends. How do you envision someone actually hurting you right now? I'm having difficulty seeing it with Reflexes & Reaction 2, but you may have a different take on it.

So, to recap, right now I'm thinking of crossing out Impervious 3+, Reflexes & Reaction 2, Temperature Tolerance 2+, and Time Dilation. I'll wait a while longer to see if anyone has either:

* A reason why they think one of those shouldn't be removed
* Something else they think has a major negative impact on RP play.
>>
>>48553537
>Any chance we could get Hostile Neanderthals? I'm interested in going full Them and Us.
I'm not going to re-post the build, but if you want to "write-in" some Neanderthal cannibal raiders, I have no objection.
>>
>>48553937
Cool beans. I'll get on that.
>>
>>48553915
He isn't resistant at all to Blessed One or Firedancer, and the Sun's light can damage him, or at least slow him down.

He'll probably be rebuilt anyway, to give himself better 'descendant' abilities. Those would work for a vampire's turned 'children', right?
>>
>>48554040
*to give him

Goddamn.
>>
>>48554040
>Those would work for a vampire's turned 'children', right?
The possibility had never occurred to me, but that seems fine.
>>
>>48554110
Also,

>Curable
>>
>>48554143
>Curable
Technically, with your current build as it is, curing you would make you more invulnerable, not less.

Or are you saying you don't like the fact that it's curable?
>>
>>48552120
[Everything checks out! Also I doubt anyone besides Ingvar has much interest in me, in any real way.]
>>
I'm stepping out of thread for several hours, because I really want to finish my Olympus CYOA.

You can presume I will continue throwing elementals at everything, as well as coordinating hundreds of portals as needed (which are operated mainly by imbued golems) to transport troops.
>>
File: SG1-1014-MGM-0009.jpg (106KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
SG1-1014-MGM-0009.jpg
106KB, 682x1023px
>>48553549
Father of the Hunt, you have been misled!
Atman has very little to do with this war. He offered to sell his abominations to both sides. And was rebuked by both sides. He dwells on the roof of the world, very very far from the theater of war.
You won't hurt him by helping Mars. And you certainly won't hurt him by hurting me.

>>48553001
Caesar Immortales, my friend!
How do you plan on responding to the Destroyer's advance? I think we need to coordinate our response here, for both our sakes. Ubnitor can move your legions and my armies through his portals! >>48554238

>>48554227
Actually.. I wouldn't mind help against Mars and his cohort if you can spare any!
>>
>>48554159
It doesn't particularly suit my vision of vampires in that world, but I'm fine with it, honestly.

No, it's fine. I'll redo Moroi's build, make him a little weaker physically (still leagues above other Vampires, though) and give him the ability to sire more powerful vampires, thus bolstering his armies with elite troops.

Question, if you take The First, can you play as a Vampire? You wouldn't be turned into one, just inserting yourself into the Vampire society as you would with a mortal society.
>>
>>48554270
Should he hold any designs upon my people, you would have my aid. Should he not, it behooves me not to attract his ire.

Such is the choice I am faced with.
>>
File: etemenanki-ziggurat-euphrates5.jpg (238KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
etemenanki-ziggurat-euphrates5.jpg
238KB, 800x565px
>>48552975
>>48554320
[OOC: You're super scary!]
>Your Children are weak compared to me
Are they? >>48492538 โ†’ Any one of my descendant is faster and stronger than your best Oathsworn. My Favored are all experienced officers. They mobilize and organize my armies, entering the fight with superhuman ability if need be. And my Most Favored alone could beat you back. My son Asaruludu can watch your every move from the sky and teleport safely home in a blink. My daughter Enbila (patroness of rivers and fresh water) can protect Shara (my strongest son) from your fires as he grapples you to the ground. Nidaba will make sure no one gets hungry if there is to be a siege. My daughter Hathor the Joy-Giver will galvanize our forces and keep morale high.

>your people are no match for my hardened soldiers.
I have at my command the armies of countless Mesopotamian cities, Persia, Egypt and Ethiopia. Do not underestimate their might and their willingness to die for me.

>I can crush your solid walls without much effort on my part
Not with Shara defending them.

>We take what we need from the places that we raze.
Which you cannot to if the places themselves are your enemies. I have a Trickster with me and this is his homeland.

>Do not think that I do not have allies, either.
They will hopefully see reason. Or in any case, desert you when you inevitably fail.

>your allies are not here for a while
Caesar's legions can march through portals and be there whenever he wishes so, fresh and well-supplied.
Ubnitor's elementals are there already, battering your men and sapping their morale with their unpredictable raids. The honored Nirshtu has always been there to defend our people, and the spirits with him. They have cursed you and your armies for as long as you remain in these lands. My storms will flood and spew lighting on you and yours at all times. When Wee Aboo's Artifact Knights arrive they will cut through what's left of your armies like a knife in butter.

And this will end.
>>
Hey, would anyone mind if I started a second Shared World? The current one's full, and it seems much more interesting to have other immortals to interact with, rather than just posting a build.
>>
File: nhikn.jpg (95KB, 500x718px) Image search: [Google]
nhikn.jpg
95KB, 500x718px
Sofia Lallesta Alysone, First born to the Alysone family.

Start: Beginning of DLC Shared World, One Percenter, British Isles (-1)

Race: Human

>Drawbacks:
-Shared World(+20)
-Rage(+5)

Starting Points (144)

>Mental Upgrades
-Genius2 (138)
-Commander (133)
>Physical Upgrades
-Strength and Speed3 (121)
-Reflexes 2 (113)
-Impervious 2 (105)
-Non-reactor (103)
-Regen3 (94)
-Endurance1 (90)
-SuperSences2 (86)
-Temperature Tolerance 3 (77)
-Diet (free)
-Iron Gut (75)
-Beauty (73)
-Blessed Major (63)

>Inheritable- Great Descendants
-Super senses (61)
-Strength&Speed (58)
-Reflexes (55)
-Regen (52)
-Impervious (49)

>Items
-Journal (46)
-Book of Knowledge (41)
-Sanitary Pack (39)
-Bag of holding (34)

>additonal Items
-Enchanting Major (24)

Left over points to be distributed later (24)

Quest: Dragon Lord

Sofia had come from a royal upbringing, being the first child of King Alysone. The province of Alysone lay more no then a few miles in any direction and had a few 300 men under control of her father. Following the wishes of her mother, she had learned off the virtues of a proper lady but had always found herself drawn to the icy coolness of the blade in her hand.
During one night after her Father had received message from an Sky skimmer Sage, he had decided to name a heir in case of the following months where he was supposedly to fall into his death throes. But, to Sofia's dismay, he had named her younger brother the heir to the throne instead of her. Daniel was barely topping ten years old at the time and yet Sofia at the age of twenty three was deemed unfit to rule the small kingdom. Outraged, she had pulled the glove from the knight captains hand and proceeded to slap her father across the face, challenging his honor. Sofia soon was disowned by the Alysone family where she was given only her supposed dowry and a stallion. She left with her anger fanned and the arm of her father dragging behind by rope, tied to the horse's saddle.
>>
>>48554980
The fantasy DLC one hasn't started yet.
>>
>>48554499
It is in your own best interest, the interest of your people, and the world itself to stop him now. If we do not he will come for you in time. He will come for everyone.

>>48554980
>The current one's full
I don't think it is though. Look at the map! >>48551136
There's still some space. Or you could take over China and East Asia, that player is inactive.
>it seems much more interesting to have other immortals to interact with
It is fun!

Afk, will be back in a few hours.
>>
>>48554270
>How do you plan on responding to the Destroyer's advance?
The way any ruler will - defend his kingdom and its allies against a threat. We will use brute force, strength in numbers, and unwavering loyalty to force the dogs who dare attack to quiver in fear and beg for mercy.
And beg he shall.
and again, since you hadn't responded to that post - no, I didn't regret starting this RP. I enjoy it, your posts especially >inb4 white knight / beta orbitor
>>48554980
nope. I think being a supporter would be fun.
I can't figure out the rules to the DLC...
>>
>>48555179
>I can't figure out the rules to the DLC...

The world is mostly defined but I think it adds quests and such. Also it may restrict what you can learn depending on what race you play as. Hopefully Acheld will take a break from his Cyoa maker and clarify.
>>
>>48555216
It's mostly the rules with the other races, and magic and stuff.
I'm much too dumb for this.
oh and
>it seems much more interesting to have other immortals to interact with, rather than just posting a build.
desu desu desu. I come here for build interaction. People talking to each other.
It's what i love, its why I try to get people to discuss with each other.
It's why I love cyoas where working together with other people ITT isn't forced, but it's a great idea.
>>
>>48554980
>>48555179
>I can't figure out the rules to the DLC...

The Fantasy one, Aloadan, posted above at >>48552477 is just getting started, if that's to your tastes. You don't need to understand the rules of the DLC to be able to participate, since the world is already build. It's recommended you read what the different features mean, though, when deciding on your build.

As others have said, though, I don't think it's a big problem for you to join the Chaos of the main world, just be prepared to fight if you want to claim land.

Attached is the proposed "Multiplayer" version of Altering History, which removes Impervious levels 3&4, Temperature Tolerance levels 1&2, Reflexes & Reaction Level 2, and Time Dilation (pocket dimension add-on) as possible elements. Not trying to be dictatorial here, so if you think these restrictions for future RP are bad, please speak up. I do think they will tend to make things more "fun", though. I was tempted to remove pocket dimensions from MP entirely, actually.
>>
>>48555216
>Also it may restrict what you can learn depending on what race you play as.
No, you are not restricted as to what magic you can buy for your Altering History build. You *do* get a slight discount for buying the kind of magic that is native to whatever species that you play as. Specifically, it costs 2 to buy magic that is 1 in 100 for your species, and 3 to buy magic that is 1 in 10,000 for your species.

For example, humans in the world I made have Minor Divination at 1 in 100, and Major Divination at 1 in 10,000. Meaning that if you were a human, you could buy Minor Divination for yourself for 2 points instead of five, and then upgrade to Major Divination for 3 points instead of five.

All of the other magic would be at normal cost.

The special thing about the Learned magic is that you can be taught it in world without having to pay points for it up front, so most people will probably choose not to spend points on those kinds of magic.

Finally, the only other special rule has to do with if you play as a race with special features. Like if you are a flying race you have to buy Flight 1 at least, but that is all listed by each race in the world build I posted.

Feel free to follow up with other questions.
>>
>>48555350
>which removes... Temperature Tolerance levels 1&2
Meant 2&3. Level 1 is not crossed out.
>>
>>48555350
>join the Chaos of the main world
I already am, GreekoRoman guy here. I can't figure out the rules of the DLC, but I think the problem was mostly with the races and magic and stuff.
So I make a build in the regular cyoa, and then what do I use the DLC for?

(Anyway my brain is too blasted and tired to ddo anything that requires understanding something new. It'll have to wait to tomorrow)
Are the elves of the >thick thighed variant? Do boys look like girls?
>>
>>48555531
This is how I, personally, picture Sylvans.

You don't need to do much with the DLC in order to participate in a world that is already created. All you need to understand, really, are the few details here: >>48555451

The DLC is just about providing a framework to create a fantastical world. You may find it useful to read about the elements I listed in the build for the world, just so you can get a picture in your mind for what's in the world, but you do not need to do any calculations in terms of what is in the DLC.
>>
File: Sylvari.jpg (51KB, 564x817px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvari.jpg
51KB, 564x817px
>>48555609
>This is how I, personally, picture Sylvans.
I'm stupid. Picture attached.

It's quite possible there are different varieties of Sylvans, if you like. These are the ones that Eladin is beginning his journey with, though.
>>
File: 1465704253309.jpg (121KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465704253309.jpg
121KB, 900x1200px
>>48555624
That's not a hot elf.....
>>
>>48555624
I loved the Implications that without the picture, you personally picture all of them as thick thighed androgynous elves.
>>
>>48555745
>That's not a hot elf.....
Just remember that Sylvans are sort of plant-mammal humanoid hybrids. At least, based on the standard description. They get some of their nutrients from the sun. They wouldn't be wearing full body-suits.
>>
>>48555081
Then you shall have the bronze of what men I can muster, and my own among them. When the threat is ended, I will return home - no sooner and no later, lest I lose all I fought for while I am away.
>>
Felix retreated from Mars' camp, releasing his invisibility as he reaches the safety. He smirks as he considers his self-appointed title of "King".

In the best case scenario, Felix imagined he could hold his own with only a few of these pretenders. A few more he could kill, should he manage to pull off a perfect ambush.

But what could he actually accomplish? With an army of unenhanced humans and many of his enemies able to withstand the full fury of his magic, the best he could hope for in most conflict is the destruction of an empire and a very angry enemy.

Felix pondered for a long time, and then decided his original course of action was correct. So long as the pretenders are all alive and fighting legends would form and with discretion the threat to himself would be lessened. Felix would watch from the shadows and invest all his energy into making sure the battle lasted as long as possible, with none of his enemies dead in the end.

He doubted very much that the scholar's plan with the manacles would work considering the Warrior's sheer strength and his Mastery of Motion. But should the Mother's children begin to gain the upper hand against the Warrior, Felix knew he would intervene decisively.

>>48553915
>So, to recap, right now I'm thinking of crossing out Impervious 3+, Reflexes & Reaction 2, Temperature Tolerance 2+, and Time Dilation.

OOC - I am discovering that the only players I can harm are those without temperature tolerance. I could utilize guerrilla tactics to severely damage most any empire should I need to, but many of the actual players are basically untouchable.

Unless the Whore's children were to die and become the three times more powerful intelligent undead champions of a new empire of despair

Maybe I'll make a character for the fantasy world. I haven't looked much at it yet.
>>
>>48555179
>in b4 white knight
Youre like the opposite of a white knight you let awful pig marsanon bully your girl
I guaranteee hes gonna fuck her
>>
>>48555938
>OOC - I am discovering that the only players I can harm are those without temperature tolerance. I could utilize guerrilla tactics to severely damage most any empire should I need to, but many of the actual players are basically untouchable.
And do you think the proposed changes would fix that problem?
>>
>>48556037

Maybe? If they aren't immune to my fire, all of a sudden they have an invisible, teleporting, fire-spewing master tactician who might be able to simply go around assassinating them left and right. It might be best to leave most of these things and simply make it very clear that it will be difficult to deal with people if they don't purchase most of these things. Maybe add a spending limit on physical stats, or a separate pool of extra points that can only be spent on physical stats or something. It's an interesting problem.

The time dilation basically means that patient people can destroy anyone without it though. Ten times the preparation time is a lot of obstacle to overcome.
>>
>>48555350
I think its fine as it is
Nobodys doing real pvp based on numbers so who cares
>>
File: 1423084436562.jpg (41KB, 300x386px) Image search: [Google]
1423084436562.jpg
41KB, 300x386px
Name: Reyansh
Appearance: Fairly typical Dravidian man, but with pale blue skin.

Starting Location: Indus River Valley, 2000 BC

Position: 1 Percenter. (Important Priest) (1)

Abilities: Genius 2 (7)
Memory of the Ages 1 (10)
Wellspring of Harmony (15)
Polyglot (20)
Gift of Gab (25)
Artistic Prodigy (30)
Strength and Speed 1 (34)
Reflexes and Reaction 1 (38)
Impervious 1 (42)
Non-Reactor (44)
Regeneration 2 (50)
Endurance 1 (54)
Super Senses 1 (56)
Temperature Control 1 (59)
Diet 0 (59)
Sanitary Convenience 2 (63)
Iron Gut 2 (65)
Flight 2 (70)
Divination, Major (80)
Telepathy, Major (90)
Blessed One, Major, Major Teachable (110)
Stormsage, Major (120)
Spirit Singer, Minor (125)

Inheritable, All Descendants: Super Senses 0, Regeneration 0, Genius (Limited), Strength and Speed 0. (135)

Items:
Book of Culture (140)

Drawbacks: Shared World (120)

Quests: God Emperor of Mankind, Sorcerer Supreme.

Since we start in 2000 BC, that means the Indus Valley Civilization is in its prime. I figure I'll try to credit myself as a living incarnation of a god; I have the abilities for it. Beyond stopping the Indus Valley's decline, I figure I'll expand into most of India and Southeast Asia, leaving Sri Lanka and however much of southern India Ubnitor wants alone.

After that's set up, I'll start sending my descendants and anyone I trained with Blessed One out as preachers to spread the word of my divinity. I'll incorporate any other immortals who are willing into my pantheon.

Beyond that, I'm going to try and peacefully coexist with as many people as possible. If Ubnitor's willing, I'll cooperate with him on the school of magic, lending my expertise at blessings.
>>
>>48556188
>Nobodys doing real pvp based on numbers so who cares
Well, the problem here is that Mars build, in particular, literally cannot be stopped except by someone with an extremely similar build, and that doesn't make for great RP. Now, MarsAnon is a good RPer, and a good sport about this, but without handwaving some magical solution we literally have

1. No way to catch him.
2. No way to hurt him.

Just, absolutely none. In general, this is not a situation for good RP that doesn't end in bitterness, and while I think this session is going fine, and people seem to be enjoying it (which is why I'm not proposing we enact these changes retroactively), I don't want to leave nice RPs in future worlds open to situations in which players feel forced to max out physical stats just so some (potentially not so easygoing) anon doesn't come in and destroy everything because they can't be stopped. I want people to be able to play more diplomatic, or behind-the-scenes games if they wish to, without a regular fear of an unstoppable juggernaut, while still leaving the possibility of being a juggernaut (just a potentially stoppable one).

But, yeah, it's a hard problem.
>>
Oh, that does give me an idea for a 2nd edition change, though. The idea of a "Divine Seat", a location that you can empower over time that will weaken the powers of other immortals that get in proximity to it.
>>
>>48556435
>Just, absolutely none
Major Shapeshifting
>>
>>48556435
This entirely.

>>48556482
Eeeeh. I don't really like it, seems like a bit too much of a plot coupon. Maybe just have an effect so that the powers of immortals don't work so well against other immortals, to the point where an immortal may be invincible to a normal person, nearly so to an immortal's descendant, and simply very difficult to harm to another immortal?
>>
>>48556545
>Major Shapeshifting
Would require catching him, which we have no way to do.

>>48556558
>Eeeeh. I don't really like it, seems like a bit too much of a plot coupon.
That's fair. Also shit for those who want to have "wanderer" builds, now that I think about it.
>>
>>48554957
[Back in Character]
A gift for your son, milady. One of the major artifacts I have crafted over the years is this belt. Using the magics of motion, it will allow your strong, but slow, son to travel with great haste and speed, even teleporting short distances.

>>48555033
Ouch! How did you get out of there after dismembering your own father?

>>48556397
Indus, eh? I suppose you will be the first to fall when my armies sweep the world...

Welcome, friend and neighbor! I hope that our interactions are mutually beneficial.
>>
>>48552435

Sitmut sat slowly down by the fire. She accepted the gourd and took a drink while guardedly keeping her eyes on the stranger. She listened carefully to his story, experiencing the events as if she were there. Feeling the humid warmth of her jungle home, and feeling the glare of the tropical sun in her eyes. Was his brew enchanted? Instead of anger, she felt relief for the woman in the moon when she escaped to safety.

When he finished Sitmu was back by the fire, gourd in hand. She briefly pondered the experience before answering in a pleasant voice, "It is a good story. Full of imaginative trickery and fear and love for those we care about."
Then Sitmut's face sunk into a dark glare and her voice hardened. "Now let me tell you a story stranger.

Once a tigress was born in a paradise. She traveled far and wide across the land experiencing all the wonderful things life had to offer. She had cubs, and delighted in nurturing them and watching them grow. Her cubs prospered, as did theirs, and theirs next. They spread wide across the paradise overcoming many challenges and prospering, spreading beauty wherever they went.

But the winds of change blew in, and hunters came to kill the tigress and her cubs. She fought with fangs and claws to protect them, but failed suffering a great and painful wound herself. As she helplessly looked on she saw her cubs all slain, or join the hunters to condemn or forget her as the beauty they'd spread was lost in time.

The tigress wished to die, but found that she could not and fled to a distant land."

Sitmut looked at the old stranger unblinking, expectantly waiting for a reply, but without giving a cue that she was finished.

I'm in west coast time zone, so only 2 hours difference. But I've been busy lately and can only post here and there. In a couple days I'll have more time available. I'm a little worried about other parts of the rp moving faster than us. But I really like what we have going so far.
>>
>>48556397
>Inheritable, All Descendants: Super Senses 0, Regeneration 0, Genius (Limited), Strength and Speed 0
Another one of those uh
Will you be in the whores team orgy?
>>48556859
I noticed strength & speed doesnt ameliorate your speed beyond level 2 or am i wrong?
how doess it work
>>
>>48552509
>Humans and Ugrish are genetically compatible.
Go on... What about Sylvans? Other races?
>>
File: stitcher.jpg (319KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
stitcher.jpg
319KB, 1200x878px
>>48551136
>>48551113
Updated Multiplayer Build
Name: Atman the Mad

Drawbacks:
[140]Shared World/[150]Region Locked

Year: 10000 BC (or whatever the agreed upon starting date is)

Appearance: Pic Related

Position: Mysterious Stranger

Mental:
[140]Genius 3
[137]Memory of the Ages 1
[132]Wellspring of Harmony
[127]Polyglot
[122]Artistic Prodigy

Physical:
[118]Reflexes and Reaction 1
[110]Impervious 2
[102]Endurance 2
[097]Diet 2
[095]Sanitary Convenience 1

Minor Gift:
[093]Mage Eye

Supernatural Gift:
[083]Divination Major
[073]Telepathy Major
[063]Blessed One Major
[053]Enchanting Major
[043]Earthdancer Major
[038]Spirit Singer Minor
[028]Binding Major
[018]Master of Motion Major
[008]Defiling Major

Items:
[005]Wanderer's Journal
[000]Book of Knowledge

Quest:
The Myth Maker
Sorcerer Supreme
>>
>>48557789
>whatever the agreed upon starting date
Technically all of this spawned from Roman Anon's build and he chose "something like 1500-2000BC?". It's since been cemented as 2000BC.
>>
>>48557308
Coyote shrugged. "Now, see, I never did like a story that had a bad endin' like that. But mayhap that's just me." As he spoke, he plucked a stalk of wheatgrass from the ground, spinning it between his fingers. "Mayhap there's a touch more to the tale?"
>>
>>48551113
Why is this its own thread now?
>>
>>48558176
[OOC: CRASHING THIS RP WITH NO SURVIVORS. Seriously, though, what the hell? You're basically pressing the "I WIN" button, because there isn't jack diddly shit Father or I can do to stop you until I know about it - and by then it's too late, because if "just one, ONE drop" remains we're fucked through a straw. It's a plague too, meaning it's transferable, so if even one animal is infected the entirety of North and South America is a lost cause because now everything tries to kill you. Even forgetting about that, HOW the hell? I can barely accept Genius 3 giving you the might to build drones, but how the tap-dancing tittyfucking christ are you making magic diseases that make plants into monsters? This isn't House of the Dead here!]
>>
>>48558305
[OOC: to be fair I'm operating on about 5 hours of sleep in about 2-3 days and can't really distinguish between bad and good ideas right now and assume because Hunter has blessed one Major he can just handwave the disease cured.]
>>
>>48557884

Sitmut's demeanor softened only slightly. The old man had a way putting one at ease, though she still wasn't letting down her guard.

"You or perhaps your master, rescued the sacrifice. You care about the lives of mortals. This is foolish. To care for and love those whose lives are like mayflies invites nothing but grief. With every passing century the names and faces of those I cared so deeply for fade, but the sadness and loss remain. I am remembered through myth and legend. The scrolls of mortal scribes are my memoirs. And the lives of those lost either standing for me or against me are like sparks in the Soul Furnace of history.
The lives of those which are shorter than a candle's before being forgotten only have value as far as they perpetuate the memory of immortals like us. If life is short and precious for mortals, than to sacrifice it for our glory is the greatest honor we can receive. It is only in death that the value of their lives reaches it's full potential. Mountains of skulls and rivers of blood have more meaning than thriving cities. The pyramids and monuments built in our honor will outlast civilization!"

Sitmut's eyes widened at this last part and and flicked across the withered man's face, searching for a sign of understanding.

>>48558246

idk lol
>>
>>48558359
[OOC: I mean, I have Blessed One too, but I'm pretty sure that this kind of thing is out of hand. Blessing the entirety of Lake Michigan is going to be nigh-on impossible, especially when you can just send your drones out to do it again. Go get some sleep. You really, really sound like you need it, and unless you're in a situation where it's impossible you should really go do so. Seriously, that shit's not healthy - 3+ days worth of total sleep deprivation can kill someone, and 36 minutes of sleep per day can kill someone.]

>>48558490
Coyote shrugged, feigning indifference even as his heart raged. "Well, now, can't say as I agree with ye. Life's short and precious enough for us, right enough, but that ain't no reason to make it shorter. You immortals're like big auld bonfires - burnin' for ages, bright as hell, but y'eat everything. Y'say that mortals'r just sparks, but nah. Mortals're like a big auld sap-filled torch. May not burn as bright, no sir, mayhap not as long, but which would y' prefer to have around if yer goin' inter a dark cave, or a forest?" A certain coldness entered his eyes, then, and they were no longer calm, but amber pits that belied his anger. "As fer the rest, I'm of the opinion that a civilization what only cares for one person ain't no civilization at all, just a god and a buncha slaves. An' this Nation won't never be slaves. WรณokaศŸniวงe?" [[Lakota for, basically, "Understand?"]]
>>
>>48558712
[OOC: Fine no rp from me for today. Sucks too, I have to work tomorrow on a civic holiday as well. Here's a hypothetical scenerio, lets say you made a stone spreads horrific cancerous growths with the defiling and earth dancer major, as well as bound a incredibly malicious spirit to it as well as enchanted it with more defiling and master of motion teleportation shenanigans, you now have a stone that can contaminate every single water source simultaneously, as long as the evil malicious spirit has been to those locations.]
>>
>>48558712

I'll have to get back in he morning... This is getting very interesting!
>>
>>48558830
Defiling wouldn't let you just create horrific cancerous growths. All magics have a defined limit that I try to express through examples in the text. Note, for example, that Major Defiling says that you can amplify an *existing* sickness or plague into something that would cause ten times the death or desiccation it otherwise would. This is a description that gives a limitation. Major Defiling cannot be used to engineer a world-killing plague, or anything like that.

Please get some sleep; I hope you feel better.

>>48558246
Because some in the main thread were getting annoyed, mainly.

>>48557675
My intent is that Humans and Ugrish are the only compatible races genetically, BUT I'm not married to the idea if someone has a plan that requires otherwise.
>>
>>48558830
[OOC: That's how you be a dick, and is the equivalent to nuclear bombings. Also, >>48558922]

>>48558919
What, really? One post a day? It's 9 PM, when the hell do you have to get up?
>>
>>48558922
>>48558983
[OOC: Bubonic plague, typhus, typhoid, viral hemorrhagic fever or leprosy then, if the first outbreak of the bubonic plague could kill about 25 million people or at least 13% of the worlds population during the 6th century, a version of that plague that is ten times worse could kill of humanity. Food for thought. Anyways time to get some fucking sleep. Have a great day guys]
>>
>>48558919
I like the writing
>>
>>48559127
[OOC: See, this is why freeform is a pipe dream. Ideally, everyone self-balances; in practice, you'll either get that kid on the playground with the indestructible always-on forcefield, the kid with the gun that shoots through forcefields and shoots everyone at once, or both. Probably both.]
>>
>>48559127
OOC - I think there are major catches to any plan like that. I think there's a wandering priest around somewhere who joined up and could definitely help. Not to mention with my major mastery of motion, major blessed one, and a large number of minor blessed one subjects you could be sure I would have a field day with that too. Make a holy healer identity and spread a massive myth about myself. Hell, saving most of the human race from disease would probably complete my quest without me having to do anything else.

Even assuming that didn't work I also have major defiling, which I might allow me to attempt to dispel other defiling. And if all that didn't work, burning the entire infected population and plant life to ash would. Same results for me in the end as long as I stop it.
>>
This CYOA gives you WAY to many points. I feel like it should be somewhere between 50-80
>>
>>48559285
Yeah, maybe shared world being a -30-50? O
>>
>>48559285
Yes, I actually agree. Point availability will be one thing I will be revising in the next version.
>>
>>48559387
Well, they're good for different things. This point value is great for making god-sorcerer, eternal emperor, or just plain divine builds. For keeping things more equal and preventing bullshit, maybe the value should be dropped a bit. Speaking of dropping things, I see zero use for the basic room; what's the point, really, when you have power? And if you don't have power and you're supposed to be "roughing it," then why do you have the room at all?
>>
>>48559455
>Well, they're good for different things. This point value is great for making god-sorcerer, eternal emperor, or just plain divine builds.
The rough draft of 2nd edition I'm tweaking now has different options, like

Option One: God-King (X Points; Single Player Only)

Option Two: Immortal Ruler (Y Points)

Option Three: Mysterious Wanderer (Z Points)
>>
File: 1425440361088.png (138KB, 288x298px) Image search: [Google]
1425440361088.png
138KB, 288x298px
>>48559577
Aaaand we have a winnahhh! Step right up and claim your prize of a (You) and a reaction image! (Reaction image does not apply to the current situation.)
>>
>>48559577
>rough draft of 2nd edition
Speaking of, I'm removing myself from play of the RP for the DLC. I'll still finish my (secret) antagonist role in the primary world, and I still plan to be reading this thread in case further questions come up.

I'm having fun, don't get me wrong, but I think it would be better if I focused on content creation in the immediate future. I'm getting inspired enough that I might be able to get a cleaner 2nd edition up and running in just a couple weeks if I finish up the Greek one then focus on that.

If this thread-chain continues until then, amazing! If not, no worries, and I'll just return to the main cyoa and post it there. Keep going as long as you're having fun, but don't feel obligated to force it!
>>
>>48559643
O acheld why hast thou forsaken us
>>
>>48559913
>O acheld why hast thou forsaken us
Not forsaking you. At least, I don't personally think so. I'll still be here to answer questions, and I'm still in the first shared world. I just have limited time, and I'd rather be working on content right now than continuing to play around in new worlds.
>>
Name: Moroi, Lord of the Cursed Realm

Start Time/Location: Beginning of the DLC Shared World, Mysterious Stranger, vaguely modern-day Romania ( I've got to go with the classics here)

Race: Human (Vampire)

Appearance: A tall, handsome man. Looks like he could be Dracula's cousin, has the accent, too. He will change forms fairly often, but that is his most-used one.

Drawbacks; Shared World (+20)
The Slow Pace Of History (+15)

Genius III (10)
Memory of the Ages II (17)
Polyglot (22)
Gift of Gab (27)
Commander (32)
Economist (37)
Strength and Speed III (49)
Reflexes and Reaction I (53)
Impervious II (61)
Pain Control (63)
Non-Reactor (65)
Regeneration III (74)
Endurance II (82)
Super Senses II (86)
Temperature Tolerance I (89)
Diet 0 (89)
Iron Gut (91)
Flight II (96)
Mage Eye (98)

----------------------------------

Stormsage, Major (108)
Shapeshifting, Major (118)
Defiling, Major, Imbued Major (138)

-----------------------------------

Inheritable - All Descendants: Diet 0 (141)
Inheritable - All Descendants: Genius, Limited (145)

Inheritable - Great Descendants: Genius III (155)

This is my version of Moroi's build that has been updated to the new limits set by acheld.

I would suggest that the other... two builds (I think) that are a part of the DLC World of Aloadan to edit their builds to fit the limitations outlined in >>48553507

Also, funnily enough, Mars the Destroyer has fewer points than he should. I built him assuming that everyone starts at 100 points, only to later learn that the CYOA gives 120 points to begin with.

I may re-do Mars the Destroyer to fit this, with acheld's permission, of course.
>>
ERP when?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1280x716px
>>48552509
Species: Avare
Start Position: Hawaii
Shared World (140)
Mysterious Stranger (free)
Genius 4 (130)
Memory of the Ages 2 (123)
Map Maker (118)
Economist (113)
Impervious 2 (105)
Regeneration 1 (102)
Endurance 3 (94)
Super Senses 2 (90)
Flight 1 (88)
Mage Eye (86)
Teachable Telepathy Major (66)
Teachable Master of Motion Major (44)
Shapeshifting Major (33)
Divination Major (23)
Personal Omni Weapon, shifting (21)
Personal Omni Wear (20)
Great Heroes: Memory of the Ages, Super Senses 2, Flight, Mage Eye, Lifespan*32, Shapeshifting (-5) Imbued upon me acknowledging them as an apprentice and doing a quick initiation ceremony
Dust in my Mouth (0)
Quest:The Myth Maker, I intend to do this primarily by being the guy who records and distributes the myths. After all, Homer is as much a mythic figure as Achiles.
So I'm going to be a constant hermit. Moving from town to town selling my wares and picking up apprentices. First thing on the agenda is to find a tutor for Enchantment, don't really care about the other learnables, but Enchantment will let me make all sorts of fun goodies. My travels are also intended to create a network of useful contacts who I can call upon easily. It takes awhile to get them to full capability, but even the basic benefits make them quite useful.

Thinking set up a Guildhall in some remote place in the middle of nowhere, meaning the only easy way to reach it is teleportation. No real plans to claim territory, but will likely be pulling strings sometimes. Also Sense 2 plus Memory of the Ages is a freaking obscenity, I hear you coming from miles away and perfectly recall the positioning of the sounds. Even better for courtly intrigue when you can hear and remember everything being said in the entire castle at once.
>>
>>48556435
Actually, you have one way of stopping him. He never took Wellspring of Harmony, so he can be demoralized into giving up or something like that.

Honestly, I'll be realistic and say that he'll probably lose this massive battle, leading to him getting captured. He is really tough and strong, but he's going up against almost the entire world. Maybe he will not, but we'll see how things play out.

If he is captured, it's up to you to decide what to do with him. Ancient evils often break out of containment at the worst/best times, after all.

Or you could just make him into RomanAnon's waifu
>>
New here, so posting my build.
>A beautiful woman who wraps herself in silken cloths (and is wearing nothing else). Her eyes are the color of amber, her hair is a deep red like blood, and her skin is lightly tanned. She is thin but shapely, with wide hips and large breasts.
>The Verdant Sahara
>Mental Upgrades:
-Genius 1 (118)
-Memory 2 (111)
-Gift of Gab (106)
-Artistic Progidy (101)
>Physical Upgrades:
-Strength and speed 0 (101)
-reflexes and reaction 0 (101)
-Impervious 4 (85)
-Non-Reactor (83)
-Regeneration 3 (77)
-Endurance 1 (73)
-Super Senses 1 (71)
-Temperature Tolerance 2 (65)
-Diet 2 (60)
-Sanitary 2 (56)
-Iron Gut (55)
-Beauty (53)
>Magic:
-Stormsage, Major (43)
-Enchanting, Major (33)
-Firedancing, Major (23)
>Items:
-Omni Wear (22)
>Pocket Dimension:
-Luxury pack (12)
>Quest
-An Empire Eternal

The people of the Sahara will bow to me. I alone am the one who allows them to live. I bring the rains, the crops, and the harvest. And I hold the power to destroy all of them by making it all stop.
>>
>>48560191
If I am interfering with anyone's build, feel free to let me know
>>
>>48560178
>Honestly, I'll be realistic and say that he'll probably lose this massive battle, leading to him getting captured.
I think that's gracious of you to do for the RP, believe me, but I don't think it's borne out by the abilities themselves. Which is why I'm concerned; not everyone would be a "team-player" in the sense of RP. You have Major Master of Motion, which means you cannot be held, and Reflexes 2 means that you can't be hit by any sort of projectile, period. No one can actually hurt you in combat, and you could teleport away whenever you wish.

I grant you that it could work if you considered teleporting away from a melee engagement to be an act of cowardice, in which case enough super tough guys might be able to dog-pile you. But, again, one can't count on RPers always allowing themselves to have character flaws of that kind.
>>
>>48560191
>>48560218
Well are you in the Shared World?
>>
>>48560471
He does think that fleeing a battle is cowardice. He'll teleport away from an individual fight, but he is not going to leave the battle until it is over.
Only if he was mortally wounded (say, if five Tsar Bombas were dropped on his head) would he teleport away.

If not mortally wounded, he'll always keep fighting. Something that is both good and bad for everyone else.
>>
>>48560475
O shit forgot to put that as a drawback. Yes I am
>>
>>48560135
when>>48560178
>make him into RomanAnon's waifu
finallyy happens
>>
>>48560590
You might overlap with GreekoRomanAnon and Whore of Babylon's territories but Im sure they won't mind. Do you have a name?
>>
>>48560471
Without wellspring of harmony major despoiler could manage to install an overpowering fear or ennui in Mars, especially since I believe he experiences more intense emotion. Perhaps magics can be used to cancel each other out? Enchanted manacles of major mastery of motion preventing any magic shenanigans or something like that?
>>
>>48560688
>Name: Diana, Bringer of the Rains
>Appearance: A beautiful woman who wraps herself in silken cloths (and is wearing nothing else). Her eyes are the color of amber, her hair is a deep red like blood, and her skin is lightly tanned. She is thin but shapely, with wide hips and large breasts.
>Location: The Sahara
>Mysterious Stranger
>Drawbacks:
-Shared World (140)
>Mental Upgrades:
-Genius 1 (138)
-Memory 2 (131)
-Gift of Gab (126)
-Artistic Progidy (121)
>Physical Upgrades:
-Strength and speed 0 (121)
-reflexes and reaction 0 (121)
-Impervious 4 (105)
-Non-Reactor (103)
-Regeneration 3 (97)
-Endurance 1 (93)
-Super Senses 1 (91)
-Temperature Tolerance 2 (85)
-Diet 2 (80)
-Sanitary 2 (76)
-Iron Gut (75)
-Beauty (73)
>Magic:
-Stormsage, Major (63)
-Enchanting, Major (53)
-Firedancing, Major (43)
-Divination, Major (33)
-Telepathy, Major (23)
>Items:
-Omni Wear (22)
>Quest
-An Empire Eternal

The people of the Sahara will bow to me. I alone am the one who allows them to live. I bring the rains, the crops, and the harvest. And I hold the power to destroy all of them by making it all stop.
>>48560688
Here, reposted with some changes and a name.
>>
I'm scared this thread will be dead by the time I get home. Will someone keep it alive or at least bump it or somethin?
>>
>>48560135
>ERP when?
*had to look that up*

>>48560191
We're playing a bit fast and loose with the "rules" at this point, so please don't take this as mean criticism, but I will point out by selecting The Verdant Sahara, you are aiming to start in 7000 B.C., when the Sahara was in fact Verdant. The Shared World game starts in 2000 B.C., by which time it is a huge desert.

You could still do the Sahara thing using Stormsage to slowly convert more of it to habitable territory, earning the undying loyalty of the tribes on the edges.

Welcome, regardless!

>>48561193
We're page 1 or 2 right now, so unless you're talking about hours and hours from now, I think you're okay.
>>
>>48561268
Ok, cool. I'll just change it from the verdant sahara to the sahara.
>>
>>48561268
theres literallyy a character called the whore the thread is LOVE and war between immortals edition and no fucking ERP??
>>
>>48561356
>implying they wouldn't get banned

Remember what happened to Domain Master?

I do.
>>
>>48561356
Take it to /trash/, retard.
>>
So from what was said last thread, it sounds like in a shared world slow pace of history is just 15 free points. Am I missing something?
>>
>Name: Diana, Bringer of the Rains
>Appearance: A beautiful woman who wraps herself in silken cloths (and is wearing nothing else). Her eyes are the color of amber, her hair is a deep black, and her skin is lightly tanned. She is thin but shapely, with wide hips and large breasts.
>Location: The Deserted Sahara, 2000 B.C.
>Mysterious Stranger
>Drawbacks:
-Shared World (140)
>Mental Upgrades:
-Genius 1 (138)
-Memory 2 (131)
-Gift of Gab (126)
-Artistic Progidy (121)
>Physical Upgrades:
-Strength and speed 0 (121)
-reflexes and reaction 0 (121)
-Impervious 4 (105)
-Non-Reactor (103)
-Regeneration 3 (97)
-Endurance 1 (93)
-Super Senses 1 (91)
-Temperature Tolerance 2 (85)
-Diet 2 (80)
-Sanitary 2 (76)
-Iron Gut (75)
-Beauty (73)
>Magic:
-Stormsage, Major (63)
-Enchanting, Major (53)
-Firedancing, Major (43)
-Divination, Major (33)
-Telepathy, Major (23)
>Items:
-Omni Wear (22)
>Quest
-An Empire Eternal

The Sahara. The worlds largest desert, it covers 31% of the continent of Africa. And soon, it will all belong to me. I alone possess the power to bring it's people to greatness, and I alone have the power to let them all die. I can bring the rain and the crops to the desert, if it's people will only submit to my will. And if they don't submit, I will enslave them so they will have no choice.
>>
>>48561356
The Mother Goddess is more Madonna than Whore.
>>
>>48561390
means you cant influence history in any meaningul way cant be a global player claim lands etc basically it sucks
>>
>>48561691
No, it only means that you can't advance technology.

He's saying that, in a shared world at least, other people can do that for you, and you can steal what they've invented.
>>
>>48561390
>>48561829
Yes, that's basically correct. It's not entirely free, since you'll have to rely on stolen innovations, and if your enemies protect certain ones...

But, yeah, it's definitely one of the easiest drawbacks in a shared world.
>>
>>48561922
If I take cursed by the spirits, can the spirits do things like cause mass crop failures, withhold rain and thus cause horrible droughts, create plagues, etc.? Is there an upper limit to what they can do? It just says that no one thing will do you in, but if you've taken most of the physical upgrades all that means is that they're not going to just drop a Vredefort-sized asteroid directly on your head. It also doesn't preclude a similar sized asteroid or super volcano wiping out all life except for you.
>>
>>48562772
The Spirits have a long reach, but they will aim to avoid death other than yours. If you're physically unkillable then it's just going to amount to endless frustration with various little things going wrong.
>>
>>48562803
>The Spirits have a long reach, but they will aim to avoid death other than yours.
I should clarify. They're not going to hold off on some action because it *might* hurt someone else, but they definitely won't be sacrificing large numbers of people to try to get at you. They're not like "Nemesis".
>>
>>48562803
>>48562818
Can major divination help predict what the spirits are likely to do?
>>
>>48562977
Sure, it can help. Bear in mind, though, per the description it's not perfect against the actions of intelligent beings.
>>
>>48560135
I could start it when either Mars is turned into my waifu, which he seems to fancy >>48560178
Or when We catch up to the present day and I chill in Babylon/Angeltopia
all you have to do to start an ERP is post somethingโ€ฆ tasty
>>
Bumpity
>>
>>48551136
How are many immortals have taken the identity of gods from real mythology? Erua Mars Coyote and thats it? dont know who angel is supposed to be a mix and match of
>>
>>48566159
the mother's kids are minor gods from her pantheon I think. rome's caesar and japan's tennล are both considered divine historically.
>>
File: desert gunslinger.jpg (196KB, 1169x1600px) Image search: [Google]
desert gunslinger.jpg
196KB, 1169x1600px
>>48551113 (I built initially for the fantasy world, but could equally be for the Common World, just ignore the bit about teachable magic)

Genius 3 -10
Memory of Ages - 7
Wellspring of Harmony -5
Gift of Gab -5
Commander -5
Economist -5
Artistic Prodigy -5

Strength and Speed 3 - 12
Reflexes 2 - 8
Impervious 4 - 16
Non-Reactor -2
Regeneration 3 - 9
Endurance 2 - 8
Super Senses 2 - 4
Temperature Tolerance 3 - 9
Diet 2 - 5
Iron Gut - 1
Flight 2 - 5
Mage Eye - 2

Divination - 10
Telepathy - 10
Master of Motion - 10
Illusion (Minor) - 5
*Shapeshifting - 10
**Stormsage - 10

Personal Omni-Weapon (Switchable) - 2

Drawbacks:
Shared World -20
Beastfoe -15
Rage - 5

Quests (I'm essentially a merc, but what I imagine taking):
*The Myth Maker - Use illusion minor powers to add to the belief of my repertoire of abilities

**God Emperor/Empress of Mankind - If an immortal collective forms, I'll join and assist. Otherwise I'll go for another quest like Empire Eternal.

I'll work for any immortals, as long as they don't mind me letting off a little steam every once in a while. I'll be your warleader (No horses), scout, economist, personal bodyguard, messenger, whatever it is you plan I'll help you get done. Years of service dependent on reward. If you know a teachable magic in exchange for tutelage I'll do whatever you want for 20 years. You're capable of imbuing a magic I don't know? 50 years for minor, 200 for major. Have a grand project but nothing to offer? If it's feasible I'll work with you to share in the reward. I'm the sort who craves power but never actually feels the need to exert it. Except when I'm angry.

Any takers?
>>
>>48566537
Pretty cool! If you're going to be in the Common World you need a starting location and a name.
>>
>>48566159
Technically speaking, I dropped in early enough (if I can) that I AM the god from real mythology, and it originated from me.
>>
>>48566565
>>48566537
Well since a few are going with the God theme

Hermes - Messenger of the Gods. Fleet and Swift. Of Eclectic Pursuits. Of rarely mentioned temper tantrums.

I'd start in Greece but range all over depending on if anyone has any offers.
>>
>>48566591
True but you still fill the same role and have the same name thats what i was asking about
I guess Reyansh might be a specific hindu deity?
>>48566642
Another god? were going to finish achelds pantheon cyoa before he does
>>
>>48551136
Dramatis Personae Update
Three new Players:

>Reyansh
>>48556397
Claims: Indus River Valley, India and Southeast Asia

>Diana, Bringer of the Rains
>>48561559
Claims: Sahara

>Hermes, the Mercenary God
>>48566537
Starting Location: Greece. Will travel for work.
>>
>>48566537
>Any takers?
Eventually, Mars will be in a position to start a fight. After the fight I can see myself needing some hired help. I'd even be willing to do a major imbue (or two...)
>>
>>48566889
>]
eventually? isn't there a war already? >>48551204
>>
>>48566894
There is, and Felix intends to make it last as long as possible.
See >>48555938
>>
>>48566889
>>48567070
I'll fight Mars for two humdred years in exchange for a Major Imbuing. Each time he teleports I'll follow thanks to divination. Who knows, maybe we'll find that we have a lot in common and talk it out.
>>
>>48551136 >>48563142
What's the date in the RP now? 1800BC? People have been honing their powers and gathering armies for like two hundred years?
>>
>>48558983

>What, really? One post a day? It's 9 PM, when the hell do you have to get up?

I'm sorry. I've been in the lab at nights a lot lately. I wake up at 2PM my time, leave for work at 5PM (I have to commute a bit since I moved), get home at 6AM and try to be in bed at 7AM or just a little after. In a couple days I'll have some time off and then I'll work during daytime for a bit, which gives me more time.

>>48558712

Sitmut was saddened to see no trace of empathy or understanding in the old man's face or in the tone of his voice. She listened sadly until she glimpsed the anger in his eyes and heard the insult of his final utterance. She did not understand the final word, which was in a dialect she did not know, but felt that it was a threat.

Convinced by his choice of words that he was a messenger and not the immortal she sought, and angered by his words, Sitmut stood up, her face showing displeasure but not rage. She spoke in a harsh, but controlled tone.

"A civilization that toils for the benefit of one who can cure their sick, bring good weather for their crops, and rain fire on their enemies is making a prudent choice. But I did not come to argue with mayflies. I return now to my army. With it I shall cause the tribes of this land to build pyramids to spread my legend. If they will not build me pyramids of stone, then I will build them pyramids of bodies!
So tell your master that I head east to the Sea of Grass. If he is indeed the guardian of this land and it's people, and wishes to speak to me himself and not through messengers, then he will find me there. Thank you for the drink."

She held the gourd out toward the old man and prepared to leave.....

If you don't make much of a response, then Sitmut will teleport back to her army. But it should take enough time to hand you the gourd and smooth her robes for you to interject however you like.

Do you speak Lakota irl?
>>
>>48567449
>I've been in the lab at nights a lot lately.
hold on I am so confused. Angel is also the Coyote?
or what is going on?
>>
File: 1446548070134.gif (504KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1446548070134.gif
504KB, 500x366px
>>48567482
also
>tfw make a build for Magical Realm around becoming a citizen in Sapphoshire and then Angel isn't even around
>>
>>48557387
>I noticed strength & speed doesnt ameliorate your speed beyond level 2 or am i wrong?
>how doess it work
I may not be understanding the question entirely, but I'll give it a shot. I'm not sure whether 'ameliorate' is the right word, but I assume you're asking whether the higher levels enhance speed, and the answer is "yes". First, just by the text, note that level three says "As above, but..." which means that the statements made at the lower levels still hold true.

More generally, fantasy often makes this weird distinction between strength and speed, as if they came from different sources. Both are based on the strength of your muscles. Granted, the fastest people do not tend to be overly muscular, but that is because being very muscular makes you heavy, which will counteract some of the effects of your speed. This is why Olympic runners do not have developed upper bodies.

Nonetheless, your speed (as opposed to reflexes) is determined by the force with which you can push yourself off the ground. The stronger your legs, the more force, the faster you go. So anything which makes your leg muscles more powerful is going to make you faster. This would be true even if I hadn't stated so explicitly under Level 2.

Hope that answers the question.
>>
>>48567482
>hold on I am so confused. Angel is also the Coyote?
No, Angel is Sitmut, who is talking to the Coyote.
>>
>>48567283
>What's the date in the RP now? 1800BC? People have been honing their powers and gathering armies for like two hundred years?
I think there's a split in time between the Americas and the Middle Eastern conflict. I was thinking of the Babylon crisis being closer to 1500 B.C. in order for The Mother of Babylon to have build up her standings that much, but others may have a different take.
>>
>>48567527
Thanks for responding
So basically you have supernatural strength as if your muscles were a 100 times bigger and that gives you a speed boost for propulsion and running but
you don't have supernatural speed separate from that
I was confused why you would make strength and speed the same thing
I get your reasoning based on physiology now
But I don't think it fits with the other rules
You give physical reasons but your cyoa isn't based on physical reality otherwise
You've got spirits magic powers super sperm that doesn't rely on genes to work and a bunch of other stuff
>>
>>48567449
Coyote shook his head sorrowfully. "Ah, well now, I told 'im y' wouldn't lissen t' little old me..." He stood with fluidity that belied his age. "Guess he'll have to talk t' you hisself." He shook himself, like a dog trying to shake itself dry. His skin rippled like water as he changed. No longer an old man, he had the appearance of a native man in his prime, but his eyes were strange - deep, deep amber, with a rage like a wildfire beyond them. His stick changed with him, from a simple cane to a shaman's staff, with complex patterns that made the eyes water. "We're immortals, sure 'nuff, but we don't burn the same. Yer like a bonfire - makin' everyone feed you jus' so you can grow big. An' you provide light, sure enough, but y' consume everythin' you touch and leave nuffin behind. A god what threatens their worshippers ain't nothin' but a bully." The coyote skin on his back seemed to meld into him, the hair on his arms turning the fulvous shade of coyote fur. "Me, I'm a wildfire. I burn bright an' hot, but nobody need feed me, and th' prairie gets cleaned out behind me. I do what th' world needs me to do, but when I ain't needed, I hide in old stumps, so I don't bother no one. You see me embers, in th' stumps, an' you think that's all I am." He bared his teeth in a smile, and they were long and sharp. "But I don't think y' want to see the wildfire."

No I don't speak Lakota. I kinda wish I did, but I have no head for languages. Three years of trying and failing to learn Latin conjugations was quite enough for me, thanks.
>>
>>48567582
It's a combination of physiology and simplicity. The last thing the CYOA needs is for me to further subdivide powers when there is already a nearly overwhelming number of them.

If you want speed and quickness that doesn't rely on physiological strength, Minor Master of Motion and Reflexes & Reaction may give you what you're looking for.
>>
>>48567635
That makes sense yeah
Thanks for enlightening me
Another thing thats confusing is the math for teaching magic and inheritables
>>
File: Noctis.png (3MB, 2554x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Noctis.png
3MB, 2554x1432px
Repost

Music theme = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu4T2A2k-oE

Name = Noctis
Pre-Agriculture (10.000 BC)

Appearance = Male Noctis pic related.

Position = Mysterious Stranger

Mental Upgrades =
-Memory Of Ages Level 2
-Commander
-Economist

-Genius Level 2

Physical Upgrades =
-Strength Level 3
-Reflexes and Reaction Level 2
-Impervious Level 4
-Pain Control
-Non Reactor
-Regeneration Level 3
-Endurance Level 2
-Super Senses Level 1
-Temperature Tolerance Level 3
-Diet Level 2
-Sanitary Convenience Level 2
-Iron Gut
-Flight Level 2 (holy shit you added flight thank you so much man)
Supernatural Gifts =
-Thunderdancer Minor + Major (Changed from Firedancer minor + Major)

Items =
-Personal Omni Weapon + Switch back and forth between weapon that has yet been created
-Sanitary Pack

Quest =
-The Myth Maker (seems easy enough)
-An Empire eternal

First, Learn local languages. After that i will conquer the world from countries to countries, under the banner of my new land called "Nivelheim" Where the strong must protect the weak and the weak must help the strong. I shall create an utopia FAR greater than Babylon ever could, I shall make peace and prosperity upon my land and bring chaos and destruction to those who want to disturb my land, since i didn't take any DLC, I am the only one in this earth who have the power to shape history. With my abilities, i can easily protect and kill everyone. I can kill THOUSANDS with my electricity power and using the Omni blade, i can make swords and guns, In the 1500s i shall fight Colombus so that he will never discover native American. And then join the war in world war 1, by that time, my country's best scientists already made a nuclear bomb and just obliterated those who stand oppose against me and justice. In the end. I shall rule until the end of time.
>>
>>48567602

Sitmut dropped the gourd in surprise. She'd let her guard down when she'd decided that the old man was not the immortal she sought. A small whirlwind whipped around the pair, the sage around them caught fire, and the earth trembled slightly. Sitmut's heart ached at the site of her old wound, and a wave of fear passed over her at the prospect of fighting another immortal without her army around her.
After the initial lapse of dropping the gourd, Sitmut masked her fear with a defiant gaze and raised her voice firmly,

"What do you care about the fate of these people? In a thousand years, will you remember their names and faces? Without legends and monuments to your deeds great and terrible, will you remember yourself in 10,000? I plan nothing that would stop you from dallying eternity away among these people. Quickly speak your purpose or demands, but first give me a name so that I know who challenges me!"

>Latin conjugations
JUST
Yeah, I'm English only myself:( But one time I met a super qt mixed Filipina/Hawaiian chick who could speak English, Spanish, Mandarin, Hawaiian, and Tagalog!
Unfortunately she was "totally, completely straight" and just happened to not mind making out with women at beach parties, giving a VERY wrong impression;_;

>>48559130

Thanks! Coyote's writing is great! It really helps add immersion and atmosphere!
>>
>>48567921
Coyote snarled, his hackles rising and ears - canine, now - laying flat against his slowly reshaping skull. Storm clouds began to grow, and strange beasts seemed to form from and meld into the dust rising about them - iron-hided serpents with six eyes and a flaming crystal for the seventh, emaciated humanoids with burning pits for eyes, six-legged cougars with women's heads and bloody lips and in the sky a giant golden eagle made of the storm itself screeched with a sound like thunder. "Oh, I'll remember, all right. I remember every last drop o' blood spilled that I coulda stopped, every tear shed I coulda wiped away. Every story I ever told was fer them - to teach 'em, to remember 'em, and to let 'em know I'm there because they want me! I care for 'em as they've cared for me these centuries, and I ain't gonna lie down an' let you trample 'em!"

Aw, thanks. I'm flattered. I've tried to do writing, but I can never keep a plot going in my head long enough.
>>
File: Ninhursag.png (2KB, 307x242px) Image search: [Google]
Ninhursag.png
2KB, 307x242px
>>48555179
>I enjoy it
[Oh, good! This is pretty much my first time RPing and I don't know what I'm doing. Don't worry, I don't feel orbited. :p]
>defend his kingdom and its allies
Yay! I knew I could count on you.

>>48555864
Great news! Your army can come at the Destroyer's horde from the North-East. He'll be stuck between your hammer and my anvil.
Clang. Splosh.

You won't regret this.

>>48556397
Always glad to meet another Immortal friend. And a Progenitor too! Always need more of those. I guess we'll have common borders along the Hindu Kush? I'd be happy to send an embassy and get some trade going.

>>48561559
Greetings fellow Goddess. :)
I'll relinquish my claims on the Sahara as a courtesy. How do you feel about travellers visiting your domain?

>>48566537
I really need a mercenary against Mars, and a bodyguard, and a genius architect to help with my great projects... But I don't think I have anything to pay you with. :/ I can't Imbue anything.
[I NEED to update my build to fit the Shared World.]

>>48556859
>A gift for your son, milady
Much appreciated. :)

>>48567579
I'd be okay with ~1800 to 1500BC. Whatever people prefer.
>>
File: sharedworld_v7.jpg (262KB, 1578x778px) Image search: [Google]
sharedworld_v7.jpg
262KB, 1578x778px
>>48551136
new version of the map
all messed up I know
>>
>>48564390
>which he seems to fancy

No, I just think that it's amusing.
>>
>>48568692
You don't have to put that on there, but Mars the Destroyer's 'territory' isn't conquered or subjugated land.

It just marks where his trail of destruction and pillaging has destroyed and pillaged through.
>>
At this point I think our Alliance is powerful enough to put an end to this war. With luck, we can even win it without any more violence.

Our manpower outmatches Mars' and our magical power dwarfs his. But that's not the most important. We could end this conflict with the power of love!

All the elements are in place to subjugate and transform Mars. We have Strutos and my son Shara to seize him. Ubnitor's manacles to hold him. And Caesar and I to shapeshift him into a cute petite woman. My hope is that as he turns into a girl his hatred might turn into love, and his lust for war into simple lust. With the help of Caesar's attentions.

>>48555179
>And beg he shall.
If our plan works, she will beg not for mercy but for more of your love. <3

>>48569087
[OOC: Would that be acceptable?]
>>
File: Angry-Mage.jpg (59KB, 606x605px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Mage.jpg
59KB, 606x605px
>>48566537
As you camp, your eye is drawn to a patch of shadow darker than the rest. A flame comes into existence within, and soon forms into a small but ferocious storm - though there is no heat. A man in dark robes emerges.

"I have learned of your coming and have consulted the heavens. All things suggest that I could use a man such as you to aid in my good work."

He approaches, and invites himself to your campfire.

"I am the Phoenix King, Lord of Fire in all of its aspects; burning, cleansing, blinding, and death. I would have your service. You need but name your price, and I will make it so."

He sits, examining you expectantly. You feel a subtle probe at your mind, but your skill in telepathy is more than sufficient to stop it and it retreats. All is silent, the land itself seeming to wait for your response.
>>
>>48569348
[Yeah, /d/, it's fine. Do not expect him to go down without a fight, though. You would be okay if he accomplishes something, right?]
>>
>>48569564
[Of course! Epic showdown, terrible vengeance, last minute reversal. Anything you want.]
>>
File: 1469244467239.png (10KB, 327x173px) Image search: [Google]
1469244467239.png
10KB, 327x173px
>>48569348
>With the help of Caesar's attentions.
the Caesar will personally see to it that Mars mellows down.
With whatever means necessary, and however long it may take, I will quench Mars' lust for wrath and replace it with lust for something else.

It is good to know my allies stand with me.
>>
>>48569622
[Funnily enough (I think that I mentioned this earlier), Mars the Destroyer is short on points. He has twenty fewer points than he should have.]

[Should I rebuild him, do you think? More importantly, does acheld give me permission to rebuild him?]
>>
File: redtent.jpg (115KB, 514x359px) Image search: [Google]
redtent.jpg
115KB, 514x359px
>>48569637
>It is good to know my allies stand with me.
Always. :)
What kind of new appearance should we give him/her? I wonder what the limits are, with both of us Major Shapeshifters working together.
>>48569680
[Sure, if you want to. Why would acheld be against it? I need to redo my build too btw it's all over the place.]
>>
>>48569789
>What kind of new appearance should we give him/her?
I think a loli would fit well at first: It would demotivate him and stop him from trying to wage war.
Then once he's mellowed out more, have him "go through puberty" (because I might be Roman, but if he looks like a kid I can't make him my wife. That's just wrong).
Something like this >>48555745
>>
File: aeb.png (441KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
aeb.png
441KB, 300x900px
is it me or is it getting hot in here?
>>
>>48569680
>More importantly, does acheld give me permission to rebuild him?
I don't mind. You also don't have to think of me as a GM of the roleplay. I will clarify interpretations, and try to step in and say something if there is a big argument, but if something is fine with the group, it's fine with me.
>>
>>48569789
Morena Baccarin... sizzling.
>>
File: art-plague-doctor.jpg (256KB, 811x1402px) Image search: [Google]
art-plague-doctor.jpg
256KB, 811x1402px
>>48569680
Oh Mars! I have nothing but the utmost respect and adulation for all the beautiful suffering and misery you have wrought on your warpath towards Babylon. The fresh aroma of charred bones, the putrid stench of rotting horses, cattle and dead men trampled, slain and forgotten in the roiling dirt and mud. The cries of orphaned children, widowed mothers and chidless parents and broken soldiery wishing they have died with their comrades in arms or loved ones, woven into a cacophonous dirge of veiled tears, ravenous starvation, sickness and pain. I can almost picture it!

I do hope you don't mind my agents pilfering a few copses and souls in the aftermath of your magnificent massacres, the lion's share will away belong to the victor of course, while the opportunist vulture pick whatever is left on the bones clean.

[OOC: Small teams of 2-3 clandestine undead plague doctors wearing all black, enchanted with blessed one minor to heal just enough keep the wounded alive, defiling minor to amplify all pain and suffering, as well as Earhdancer minor to move through the earth silently, in combat they fight very similarly to Last Airbender Dai Li. They are accompanied by a single harvester wurm with earthdancer, binding and defiling minors hitching rides on the monster's back, their job is to extract souls and corpses, storing them in their enormous stomachs and transport them to extraction points along the Himalayas. Feel free to rp engagements with them in however ways you like, I'll RP accordingly.]
>>
>>48570856
oh that's why it was getting hot
>>
>>48551113
>33 posters
Same as the first thread. Not bad. Rate of activity has fallen but that might be normal for a Monday. Or it might mean the RP is dead. Who knows man.
>>
File: Hooded Mage.jpg (66KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
Hooded Mage.jpg
66KB, 600x836px
I began to alter my build to remove reflexes 2, since that was a considered change. Then I noticed I was using 10 points from drawbacks illegally on magic instead of items/companions, so I ended up changing quite a bit, but nothing that would alter the current RP.

Felix the Pheonix King

Mysterious Stranger (120)
Genius level 3 (110)
Memory of the Ages 1 (107)
Wellspring of Harmony (102)
Commander (97)
Reflexes 1 (93)
Endurance 1 (89)
Temperature Tolerance 2 (83)
Mage Eye (81)
Divination, Major(71)
Telepathy, Major (61)
Blessed one, Major (51)
Master of Motion, Major + bestow (31)
Firedancer, Major + major bestow (11)
Illusion, Major + major bestow (-9)
Defiling, Major + major bestow (-29)

5 companions (-34) [The Ashen Council]
Commander (-36.5)
Polyglot (-39)

Imbued with all the magic I have knowledge of

I have wandered the world for centuries behind the Ashen Council. They would spread disease and death in small villages without revealing themselves. I would then arrive as the prophet of the sacred flame, healing the sick and spreading a cult worshipping my aspect. Occasionally my telepathy would reveal to me mortals who would be suitable to serve the Ashen Council and I recruit them - though the council remains small.

I still ended up basing my dominion out of Indonesia, and I still possess the same nemesis.

I don't believe any of these changes are too major, but if anyone disagrees feel free to speak up.
>>
>>48571665
>(-39) Derp. Forgot to mention drawbacks.

Shared World (-19)
Nemesis (1)
>>
>>48571665
wasn't the game Dominions an inspiration for your build? or am i thinking of someone else?
>>
>>48570663
>You also don't have to think of me as a GM of the roleplay
oh acheld why dost thou keep forsaking us
think about it. it could be fun. maybe once you're done with your greek pantheon thing? yes/no/maybe?
>>
>>48571826
Maybe he is just content being a player and wishes not to be a forever gm?
>>
>>48571761
I think you may be thinking of someone else. Dominions 4 is a fantastic game that I'm not good at though. If I went full dominions build you could expect to see Ulm emerge in all of its glory.

[If Mars is killed or captured, things may end up getting rather more like Ermor than Roman may prefer though.]
>>
>>48571925
[Dips on his soul]
>>
>>48571925
y-you mean like early age Ermor where it was just a nice Constantine-Era Rome counterpart right?
>>
>>48571925
>things may end up getting rather more like Ermor
I don't know what that is, but it sounds bad.
>>
>>48572012
Well that's his vision isn't it? I'm sure nobody ash related will end up doing anything to generate Ermor the ashen empire.

Huh. Maybe I am dominions related.

I guess I'm just a rainbow Ermor pretender who doesn't require land or dominion.
>>
>>48571826
>maybe once you're done with your greek pantheon thing? yes/no/maybe?
Maybe once I'm done with 2nd edition, if there is interest in having me do so. For now, like I said, I'm happy to give me input in disagreements. If people want to take my opinion as Word of God, then that's fine, but I don't own the RP.
>>
>>48572175
Of you don't, Angelanon does.
>>
>>48551113
Munich, Germany, 1916

One Percenter - 119

Genius 3 - 109
Polyglot - 104
Gift of Gab - 99
Wellspring of Harmony - 32
Commander - 27
Artistic Prodigy - 22

Strength and Speed lvl 0 - 99
Reflexes and Reaction lvl 2 - 91
Impervious lvl 3 - 79
Pain Control - 20
Flight lvl 2 - 15

Divination Major - 69
Shapeshifting Major - 59
Illusion Major - 49
Defiling Major - 39
Telepathy Major - 5

Personal Omni-Weapon - 38
Personal Omni-Wear - 37
Book of Knowledge - 0

Quests:
God-Emperor
A Dark God
An Empire Eternal

I'll form the Third Reich in Hitler's stead and rule the entire world under a jackboot emblazoned with a swastika.
>>
>>48570881

Augustine, first of the council, called for the squad to stop.

The head of the Ashen Council had been searching for the source of unsanctioned defiling magic since the first report came in, certain one of the new hires had gotten too enthusiastic.

The reality was worse, of course.

Some... THING was consuming corpses left behind by the raiding of Mars, the warrior. The earth would open and bodies would simply fall in. Pyre only knows what the actual abductor was.

Augustine again cursed his lack of the Mage Eye. Being able to track unfamiliar magic, by sight at least, may have helped them discover this aberration earlier.

"I don't know what is happening to these bodies, but I do know that it's not important right now." Augustine finally spoke. "Fenix, Dom, Morgan, we need to speed things up. Circle around and move ahead of this thing as quickly as you can. Dom, maintain stealth no matter what, do not allow the team to be detected. Morgan, keep everyone moving full speed - you should be able to pass this thing as long as you maintain your spell focus. Fenix-"

Augustine paused to collect his thoughts.

"Don't raise any of these bodies. All I want you to do is focus on sources of defilement. Make sure to keep the team aware of these things and grabbing bodies ahead of them. Morgan will have to send them to the Crypt unraised and take care of them later."

The three nodded their agreement and began to move out as a synchronized unit.

"The boss is going to want to know about this." Augustine muttered, stepping through a portal to camp.
>>
File: Mars.jpg (206KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
Mars.jpg
206KB, 820x820px
Genius III: 10
Memory II: 17
Commander: 22
Polyglot: 27
Strength and Speed III: 39
Reflexes and Reaction II: 47
Impervious IV: 63
Pain Control: 65
Non-Reactor: 67
Regeneration III: 76
Endurance II: 84
Super Senses II: 88
Temperature Tolerance III: 97
Diet II: 102
Iron Gut: 103
Flight II: 107
Mage Eye: 109
Two unbound points. Will become Beauty if waifued, Born in the Water if he escapes/is imprisoned. : 111

Firedancer Major: 121
Stormsage Major: 131
Master of Motion Major: 141

Omni-Wear: 142
Wanderer's Journal: 145
Inheritable: All Descendants: Reflexes and Reaction 0, Regeneration 0, Super Senses 0, Temperature Tolerance 0: 155

Shared World: +20
The Slow Pace of History: +15

The Myth Maker: Ten points will be spent on Defiling: Major if free/imprisoned, Inheritable: Great Descendants: Beauty, Disease Immunity, Extended Lifespan I for 999 descendants if waifued.

I am the end of empires. I am he who crushes and conquers. I have no single nemesis, for I am a nemesis to all.

None but those who swear themselves to me shall be left alive within the cities and lands that I burn.
My Oath-Sworn shall march with me, tear down and rape and pillage and raze with me.
We shall have no home but the battlefield, no land of our own apart from those that we take and move on from.

In time, the peoples of the world will learn to fear my name.
They will see in my passage the trail of War itself, and tell their childrens' children of the terror that I have wrought.
They will call me a thousand bloody titles, and a thousand vengeful prayers and curses shall bear my name.

O petty Kings and would-be Emperors, I am not one of you, for I seek not to conquer, only to tear down that which is yours.

My passing shall be a hurricane, my army a hundred-thousand wolves. But you should not fear my presence too much.
For if ever we are to come to blows, our meeting shall be swift, and you shall know peace forever afterwards.

I have another fluff-text for his waifued form.
>>
>>48572904
>I have another fluff-text for his waifued form.
kek thats awesome
>>
>>48572904
Well, at least we know where the Gods Ares, Mars, and Bellona comes from.
>>
>>48572904
>I have another fluff-text for his waifued form.
please. RomanAnon needs this.
>>
>>48573105
You have to unlock the flavor text by gaining the companion.
>>
>>48573135
I have 6 companion slots that are unused if that's what you mean?
>>
>>48573058
Yeah, that was that idea for this characters' Myth Maker, unless his invasion of Babylon fails and he's waifued or imprisoned in a pit/in space.
>>
>>48573197
I think it was a video game analogy. Gaining the companion=successfully waifuing Mars. Unlock the flavor text=waifu!Mars' build gets posted. In other words you need to win to get the alternative fluff-text.
>>
>>48572209

Why would you say that?! The shared world was Caesar Immortales' idea!

>>48568103

Sitmut was taken aback by the ferocious visage taking shape before her and the monstrous army gathering around. She decided it was best to fight this immortal at a place and time more favorable to her. She'd never known a monster that couldn't be burned, blasted, frozen, drowned, or blown away. She would face this terror on her terms.

Sitmut shouted defiantly, "Yes you shall remember! You'll remember the lives of the people and all their beautiful creations that you were unable to protect! You will live to suffer what I have suffered and then know that I am right!"
A great chasm rent the earth between the two immortals and a wall of fire rose up from it. Sitmut disappeared in a thunderclap.

Back at her army's camp Sitmut found two messengers waiting for her. She demanded that they speak quickly, as she was incredibly busy.
The messengers were emissaries from distant lands, representing immortals who called themselves Wee Aboo >>48542079 and Ubnitor >>48540070.

She learned that there was a mighty war raging across the old world. The details were scarce, and she did not know whether to be concerned or delighted at this news. She also learned that this Wee Aboo was a great smith purveyor of enchanted tools and weapons.
Sitmut could enchant items, but it took her a long time. Someone who was willing to provide enough magical weapons and armor to provide her entire army was a welcomed friend. At almost a moments' notice, her lands had changed. She would come back to this land. But she would come back with an army of magically equipped Aztec knights who could slay the monstrous armies summoned by the protector of this land!
>>
>>48574027

Sitmut ordered her commander to prepare the army to withdraw back across the Great River. As the army began to move, she began to climb towards the top of a nearby peak. She would summon a mighty volcano to fill this land with rivers of lava and deserts of ash, so that none would doubt who it now belonged to.....

Summoning the volcano and the army crossing the river will take a few day I imagine.
>>
>>48574027

I was doing so well not having to many typos, and now this:(
>>
>>48574126
Should I tell her?
>>
>>48574306

Uhm...tell who what?
>>
>>48574519
>not having to many typos
*too
>>
>>48574663

;_;
>>
>>48574981
https://youtu.be/gIuotFZnBtk
>>
>>48572511
Atman sat impatiently in his favorite armchair, fingers gripping sharply into the chair's human leather exterior. The unliving furniture frantically adjusted the grooves of its seat and orientation of its arms to better comfort its dear master while he communed telepathically with the agents of his latest pet project.

Dozens of fragmented minds raced through Atman's own, like clockwork the plague doctors searched out the ruins, leaving no crevice unexplored or stone unturned for the recently dead and dying. These gangling masked things stabilized the conditions of the ones who are still carried a pulse while amplifying their suffering before throwing the poor victims with their souls intact into the hungry maws of enormous serpentine amalgams of stitched flesh and metal. Sometimes chasing down and brutally incapacitating the few traumatized refugees who managed to avoid the devastation relatively unscathed.

Once an area is clear, these small contingent of undead monsters would burrow into the earth, tunneling their way to the next slaughter site with speed and tenacity that belies their crude and cumbersome appearance, occasionally surfacing to whiff the air for the freshly slain and the scent of charred rubble.

[Continued]
>>
>>48575447
"Like plucking ripened apples bathed in the Autumn Sun's final warm caress..." Atman remarked to himself in ecstasy, licking his lips at the every increasing tally of all the succulent souls their magical energies made more potent by defilement and torture; that number jumping to the tens of thousands.

"Soon I'll have enough souls to fuel even the most grandest and ambitious projects I have ever conceived or will conceive!" He loudly exclaimed, standing up right so recklessly and triumphantly, the armchair was flung to the ground, in fear it waddled away as fast as its stubby little legs could carry it.

Atman carefully concentrated on his next set of instructions, "Hear and obey your master my precious creations. The gravetiller worms' bellies are full and your own spiritual energies are nearly exhausted from your little excursion, return and present your offerings to me! Playtime is over come home!"

"mrrrrmth murrmuth mth?" The Armchair groaned from a corner.

"Followed? Preposterous, what merry band of idiots will even think about crossing paths with a rampaging god of war? At least my children are already dead and their unfortunate demise will not be missed. Stop thinking Mr. Gluteous, that isn't your strong suite!" Atman retorted with grump as he beckoned the armchair out of its hiding place. "Being sat on is your strong suit!" before sitting down with murderous intent to the dismay of the poor old Mr. Gluteus.

[End].
>>
>>48575521
Nero, Third of the Council, approached the entrance to the Crypt.

"If Lord Felix wasn't out socializing instead of working, I wouldn't have to do this" Nero bitched, pausing at the unadorned double doors.

Nero braced himself, the first breath was always the worst, and opened the door. A miasma - tinted with damp and rot - bellowed out of the Crypt, nearly causing him to retch. After a moment the smell became more tolerable, though the view was not improved upon.

Thousands of undead mulled around the massive subterranean chamber. Some looked up at Nero's arrival, recognizing their master, but most ignored him as command was spread across the entire council and their Defiled-adept servants.

Nero dismissed their attention with a wave of his hand, though those (relatively) few who retained their intelligence approached anyway. Nero hated that.

"Is something wrong?" one asked. "Why are these bodies unmoving?!" another demanded. "When will we be allowed to properly roam?" A third whined.

"Silence! I am not in the business of answering your vapid questions!" Nero boomed, his powerful voice gaining the attention of every undead in the chamber, albeit briefly. The undead retreated, Nero being renowned among the host for his short temper and willingness to dispose of the chaff.

Nero grumbled and took his place in front of the new pile of corpses in the corner. Occasionally, a portal would open and another would drop from the ceiling, landing with an audible thump.

Nero sighed, not too deeply due to the stench, and again cursed Augustine for giving him this task. Finally though, he gathered his focus and began the tedious task of forcing unlife into these bodies.
>>
>>48561662
Is she now? And all those sprogs of hers have no fathers? Seriously who is impregnating her? Other gods? Random blokes picked up off the streets?
>>
>>48575521
>>48575918

Fenix, Master Defiler and team leader, froze. "What are you doing?" hissed Morgan, Master of motion and logistics specialist.

"Shut up you stupid pair of dumbasses!" screeched Dom, master illusionist and stealth operator, "The more noise you make the harder it is for me to keep us undetectable!" he screamed, blissfully unaware that he was making more noise than the two of them put together.

Fenix, the most level headed, bit back a retort. "It's time to get serious. This... aberration has just changed direction". Dom and Morgan visibly changed. An alteration to mission parameters was deathly serious.

"Where is it going?" Dom asked, suddenly all business.

"It just reversed direction" Fenix looked concerned, "moving almost three times faster than before."

Dom gulped. It was hard enough for him to maintain an aura of indetectability moving at this speed, but if they had to move three times faster to avoid this thing, well-

Fenix was pretty strong. He could probably carry him once he was too exhausted to move.

Fenix became resolute, "we have to follow it!" he declared. "It has to be going home at this speed. Knowledge of its home has to be priority one right now. We can't allow anything to interfere further with harvesting efforts."

"If we encounter any resistance I want you to get us back home immediately Morgan. If you don't have time then just get yourself back. This could finally be something more important than our lives."

His squad looked worried and exhausted, but Fenix knew they would follow him to the end.

He just hoped that wasn't today.
>>
>>48576069
Yes
>>
>>48576490
Yes to what? How does she keep getting preggersโ€ฝ
>>
It begins.

The legions marching under the banner of Mars the Destroyer have made it to the gates of Babylon. Catapults begin to rain fire and stones down onto the city from afar.
Hordes of Black Sea tribesmen and Anatolians crash against the walls like the tide. Above it all, Mars the Destroyer himself flies through the city, tearing down buildings and burning soldiers alive with his fury.

Yet Babylon's allies have also made their move, reacting to Mars the Destroyer's sudden onslaught. Countless elementals have already started to rush out of portals, and the Roman Legionaries are swiftly approaching.

The battle is far from over.
>>
>>48574088
Coyote's breath hissed out between his teeth as the storm abated, his shape returning to human. "Well. That coulda gone better." The human-faced cougar rubbed up against his leg, wailing halfway between a banshee and a hungry kitten. Abstractly, he stroked its back. "Course, we did get her t' back off fer now." His smile began to widen, and the cat-beast began to purr. "An' she couldn't see through my tricks. She did say som'thin 'bout an army, didn't she? I'd wager none of 'em can spot me neither." He stood straighter, stretching. "I do believe it's time t' pay her a visit."

[Kinda busy now, will continue in morning.]
>>
>>48576301
After a long track homewards covering two continents, the wurm's quaking movements finally came to a abrupt halt at a base of the Himalayas. The landscape was rocky, barren and scarred. Ridged stone and ancient towering earth can be seen from as far as the eyes could see, crowned with snowy peaks that gleamed more like jagged teeth and bared talons then what could have been naturally formed from tectonic forces alone. The air was deathly silent filled with a eerie chill that cut to the bone radiating melancholy and gloom.

Moments later, a gnarled and clawed hands dug its way out of the ground, a pair of tall and gangly creatures all wearing hideously deformed white porcelain avian like masks and clad in tattered black robes and cloaks rose out of the earth. With slow and staggered movements they approached a seemingly ordinary stone, the misbegotten man things approached and each one placed a deformed hand on its surface. The stone began to shimmer, then hymn and finally reverberate violently, echoing across the small clearing. At the echoing's climax the retinue of misshapen creatures vanished without a trace. The stone reverting back to dormancy.
>>
File: Ford_FallingBough.jpg (668KB, 1000x508px) Image search: [Google]
Ford_FallingBough.jpg
668KB, 1000x508px
Large movements of birds have been spotted across the continent, some staying around the large centers of civilizations held by men, some following the quaking held near the Himalayas, and others fly around the war torn path of Mars.

A few vultures that flew around the dead seem to have fallen the Wurm's path before flying far west.

The birds over the towns and Mars's army vary from species to species but all seem to fly towards certain directions, in rotations, for a couple of days towards a seemingly random point. Those who find themselves tracking the movements of the birds would record the odd behavior where they would all gather for a few moments around a fairly large tree before a rather large ferruginous hawk would descend upon the middle of them. A cadence of bird noises would exchange between the group and the hawks. The next few hours then continued with the birds hanging their necks out for the Hawk where it would respond by grabbing around with its talon for a few moments. Weird engravings line the bottom of the base of the Hawk's feet is what some of the observers with good eyesight would report.

The rest of the birds would be soon sent to exchange places with the avians that they were with days before. But, before the grand hawks would leave for their destination unknown, they would gaze into the eyes of those who had observed their ritual. A cold intelligence unheard of in animals could be seen in its calculating eyes as it stares down the humans near it.
>>
>>48577663
Fenix set Dom down, and considered what he had just seen.

"So these new things are guiding the aberration? Or they work for it? I suppose it doesn't matter."

He rested a moment. Dom finally caught his breath enough to sit up properly. Even Morgan looked tired.

"Okay, I think we've done enough. We can't do anything else here, unless... Morgan, was that teleportation that just happened?" Morgan shook his head in denial. "Dom? Illusion?" Dom gasped out that it was not. "Then it was some kind of Earth sorcery, most likely."

"We'll get some fresh blood out here and have them stake out the place. I've got a feeling the Big Boss himself will want to take a look at this eventually. May as well make sure we know a few things. Morgan, get us home."

The team gratefully stepped through the portal, finally returning to safety.

>>48576795
Things never seem to go quite as well as one would like, Felix mused. The mercenary seemed noncommittal, so he gave him the location of a minor camp should he decide this was his best offer. The men there would make sure he was alone, then bring him to the main encampment.

The screams of the dying rose up to Felix's position. The warrior, or perhaps he was a beast, moved too quickly for Felix's liking. He had rendered many plans invalid and destroyed the ability to implement several more. Felix never even had the opportunity to seed the city with his operatives.

It's not so bad, Felix reminded himself. Even without managing to compromise the Whore's children, the streets were being filled with future soldiers in his army. The elementals could be troublesome, but this isn't his city, and it isn't his horde. Failure here wouldn't even qualify as a setback.

As it should be.

Felix settled in to wait, magically concealed along with several hundred dark mages. With luck, he could see every army destroyed, and revel in the despair of these pretender gods.

Soon, an opportunity would arise. Soon.
>>
>The message had been unexpected, but the urgency of it more than made up the difference. A warlord of incredible might, who sought to bring the kingdoms of the world to ruin.

>At first, he had thought he might escape simply by remaining aloof. He was across a continent from the center of the fighting, and across a sea from that besides. Surely, his own would be safe, if the coming storm had no quarrel with him?

>The next message made clear that this would not be the case. Men far further afield than he were already preparing for war, and while the warning that he would be next was short, it was clear - he could not stand alone on this. Already the armies massed against this war god were greater than he could ever hope to muster.

>It was, then, with some trepidation, that he took some time to gather every man who would go to fight with him. They were no godlings, sprung from his loins - they were men like any other. That even near a thousand pledged him their spears, and their swords, was a surprise of great proportions. He could not hope that even one would survive. Did they truly believe in him so?

>It was not his to know. Within the season, the ships had been built, and the crossing made. The long march to the battlefield began. The die was cast - and if gambling alongside those greater than he were to fail, he stood to lose all but his very life - all on one woman's warning, and the madness of one man.

>That was how a thousand men from the rainy north came to stand in the firestorm at Babylon.

[I technically agreed to be part of this, so I thought I ought to write something short.]
>>
>>48578601
>I technically agreed to be part of this, so I thought I ought to write something short.
Don't overwhelm us with enthusiasm now! (In seriousness, thanks for participating)

I've now equipped Babylon's favored son with the speed-enhancing belt. Doesn't bring him to Mars' power level, but should allow him to at least engage him.
>>
>>48578983
[The uninvested wording is meant to reflect how little I actually contribute in this battle. A thousand guys with bronze weapons and one b-lister immortal does not a vast host make.]

[That, and I am not the best writer.]
>>
>>48580467
Your writing is well welcomed.
>>
>>48572904
with this new version it actually seems you can beat everyone else. or at least I cant see how you can loose. what happens if you do win? how do you treat the losers? do you keep on fighting other ppl?
>>
File: wallsofbabylon.jpg (52KB, 793x275px) Image search: [Google]
wallsofbabylon.jpg
52KB, 793x275px
[I just realized I don't know how to RP a war. At all. So um just pretend the following is well-written and engaging and makes sense.]

>>48576795
Men die so easily! Too many years without leaving her ziggurat and the warm cocoon of her family, too many years spent in peace and leisure had made her forget.

Now she remembers. Even as she watches from her chambers' unglazed window, Death is everywhere. Encircling her walls, reaping her brave, loyal men by the hundreds as they make their stand. Death follows the God of War like a shadow, casting down every man woman and child who crosses his fiery path. Death is coming for her people, her friends, her family!

She holds her two closest children in her arms in a pointless gesture of protection. Shara and Enbila. Strength and Water. They shrug her off, continuing to monitor the battle. Impatient to enter the fight. They have so much power. But have they power enough to survive this?

She tries to focus, push the gnawing terror away. She finds her allies in her mind's eye and sends them all a crucial message:

"The Destroyer is inside the walls. He's approaching the Gardens, fast, and he's alone. Just as planned. Get ready. We strike soon."

>>48578601
Thank simtu! We need all the help we can get. If we win, you will be honored in Babylon forevermore!
[I really like your whole description of going to war and how your character feels about it btw. I tried to copy you in this post actually :p.]

>>48580560
Father of the Hunt, what is your decision? Where do you stand on this war?
>>
>>48582880
>with this new version it actually seems you can beat everyone else.
Yeah, that's kind of my problem. I'm not sure what to say.
>>
>>48584006
I have two different plans that I think would work. My problem is that they are likely unfun, since they could probably work on almost everyone if they work on Mars.

I suppose we'll see, if the situation comes up. Nothing wrong with vetoing my actions and having me go through a do-over.
>>
File: african_form.jpg (17KB, 291x406px) Image search: [Google]
african_form.jpg
17KB, 291x406px
>>48570047
That sounds feasible! I wonder if Telepathy could help too.

>>48576069
Well in the early years, various Kings. I marry powerful men to start a family, and to co-opt their kingdoms after I outlive them. Once my dynasty is well-established and my divine nature is accepted.. I'm not really sure. There will still be the annual Sacred Marriage. Hierogamy is very important in Mesopotamia, and to my cult particularly. The representative of the male deity could be a ruler, or from the high clergy, or simply the most meritorious. Outside of that I don't know. I'll have to flesh that out.

>>48584006
Can I change my build a bit? I feel like I need to adapt it to the Shared World. It's probably going to be less powerful than the current one btw.
>>
>>48576795
>>48583882

This is all so epic! Lots of fun and interesting rp going on!
>>
>>48583882
My hand shall be played when it is time. My eyes shall see where intentions lay. Only know that I walk among you.
>>
>>48584445
>Can I change my build a bit? I feel like I need to adapt it to the Shared World. It's probably going to be less powerful than the current one btw.
I think that's fine. We'll try to do less rebuilds if we start a second world RP, but we're all still getting the "feel" for things in this one.

If I don't hear any counterarguments, by the way, I'm going to stand by my strong recommendation of disallowing those couple abilities for future RP worlds.
>>
>>48584754
or you could make them a lot more expensive like some anon said itt
>>
>>48578224
[This is my post by the way, I guess I forgot the nametag while phoneposting]
>>
>>48585011
If I'm understanding your post correctly you are spying on Atman and Mars? But you're still in North America?
>>
>>48585226
[I'm in the Europe area in someone's town, but yes I've got eyes on them. The official places with my watchers are Babylon, Mars, Atman(Up to his dealings with the Himalayas), and a few places around the path from Mars to Babylon. ]
>>
>>48585294
Oh okay thanks.
Are you ethnically Native American? Might make it difficult to blend in and stay hidden.
>>
>>48585338
The idea was that I would arrive with the vikings that first landed in America so I would look more nordic in nature.
>>
>>48585353
Interesting. That makes the Norse Colonization of the Americas happen 10 centuries earlier than irl. Now that's what I call AlteringHistory.
Does that mean you met Ingvar Haraldsson?
>>
>>48585401
Probably not. Since the whole thing with the character start is that you "wake up" in the place suddenly. I would have been in Canada as Ingvar would have woken up over there.
>>
>>48585528
That changes things then. The Viking settlements didn't happen in 2000BC. You awoke alone, the only Norse of the continent. And you watched over Native American hunter-gatherers?
>>
>>48585636
Vikings weren't even around till about 700ad. So, some liberties were taken all around. It would also explain while Native Americans tended to view white men as gods when they first saw them.
>>
>>48584995
>or you could make them a lot more expensive like some anon said itt
I don't want to get into detailed modifications for this version. I have ideas for how to handle it in 2nd edition, which I'm now working on drafting.
>>
>>48585697
Ideally I would like to fanwank everything into a coherent uchronia with 23 points of departure.
>>
File: rage-extractor.jpg (130KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
rage-extractor.jpg
130KB, 620x450px
>>48578224
>>48578492
[OOC: Sorry had other things to do and also went to sleep.]
Deep inside the mountains, isolated from the outside world resides enormous caverns connected by teleportation relay points leading towards a convoluted network of tunnels and ventilated shafts, drawing cool air and resources from the mountainous base and expelling hot gasses elsewhere through miles of fluted peaks. Atman's abominations in all of their many twisted and depraved forms gathered towards the largest cavern, the first to be carved out of the granite and bedrock by their master. In its center drums a hellish monument of brimstone and fire.

All the monstrous things queue up in a orderly fashion eagerly awaiting their turns to offer their bounties of corpses and soul to the nightmarish engine of industry.

Atman observed the entire process through his private quarters nestled along the cavernous ceiling. His tucked fingers fidgeted restlessly behind his back as numbers and statistics flooded through his mind. Countless acres of skin neatly flayed off, tanned and treated, each organs removed with the surgeon's grace and the brutal efficiency of butchers by diligent spindly appendages on the factory floor. muscles, bones, ligaments, blood, viscera and even the fat vivisected, drained, meticulously processed and stored in numerous cold holding areas deeper in the cavernous abyss.And most importantly the souls were pumped out of the bellies of the wurms and stored in obsidian monoliths for future repurposing.
>>
>>48585911
"All was according to plan," Atman thought to himself, but his focus was suddenly broken as he spot a unusual behavior in one of the returning servants form the corner of his eye."What's this? Why isn't that unit in line with the others? Why is erratically spasming like that?" Before another word could be spoken Atman teleported himself on to the assembly line, all operations within that particular section screeching to a halt. The other creatures stepping back in respect to their master.

The curious undead stood out of position, its head spinning wildly about as though it was suffering from a head splitting migraine.

"What's wrong with you? Get back into the line and present your offerings like all the others, failure to comply will result in immediate termination, you hear me?" Despite the warning the insubordinate minion paid no mind. "Very well" Atman nodded to the others and the problem was quickly solved with tearing teeth and rending claws.

When the skull finally cracked open by blunt trauma, a single bird flew out. Atman snatched it before its wings could carry it out of reach. "I guess Mr. Gluteus was right after all." Atman said eyeing the strange little bird. "Oh Mr. birdy I will out who sent you one way or the next."

And with that both the bird and Atman disappeared, and the grand work resumed.
>>
>>48585921
OOC - That poor thing. This is why my scouts try to practice discretion. Although it's unlikely that they will ever actually get into the lair. I have no dominion on the things under the earth.
>>
>>48586172
[I mean, it's just a vulture with a slightly developed brain. Can't expect it to learn too much]
>>
>>48560135
I have a better question; hand-holding when?
>>
>>48586709
Oh my, I didn't know that there would be such degeneracy in alter RP
>>
Okay, since the first fantasy world from Acheld didn't take off I'm thinking of making an alternative one. No geographical changes except floating islands and other similar stuff so we have an actual useful map to make use of.
Light World (-10) Best to start with a glass half full
Isles in the Sky (-10)
Creatures of the Deep (-13) A decent minor antagonist and plot hook
That Which Has Past 0 (-13)
Periodic Elementalism (-7)
Uncanny Paralles (-7)
Wild Magic (-7) Concentrated around the floating isles
Positive Reality is Perception 1 (-4)
Hostile Dragons (-7) The true antagonists of this world
-Innate Major Shapeshifting (-9)
-Innate Minor Elementalism (-10)
-Magic Born (-10) Half point doesn't matter
10 points for your local nation of your race (0)
The idea here is instead of pegging anyone but the dragons as all hostile or friendly across the globe, you choose your race's abilities and standing within the provided 10 point limit. Places not near a starting location (or the Isles) are up to fiat, and probably are just a hodgepodge of weaker nations with less magic compared to the civilizations lucky enough to have an Immortal.

Yes, min maxing it can get you some nice discounts on magic. That's partially because I figure pretty much all magic will have at least one civ who has codified how to use it enough to teach it. It's a high fantasy world, the important players being able to throw lots of magic around will hopefully lead to some nice interactions, and helps fill out your nation or base. Humans are assumed to exist regardless of what people pick.

So for instance I'm going Taki
Innate Minor Telepathy (-6)
-Magic Born (-5)
Rare Major Telepathy (-4)
Learned Beastmaster Major (0)
So now I'm starting in a hive of bug men, distinguished from others of their kind mainly by having learned to forcefully integrate animals into their hive mind.

Might be talked into adding vampires for the sake of that quest. Will do actual character build for the Swarm Lord shortly.
>>
>>48587600
I think everyone is just too preocupied with the current alternate history.
>>
>>48587600
Whoops, meant to use a different name, but 4Chan ate it. Currently thinking I'll start in one of the medium sized islands. They're isolated from travel by ship unless we can manage to Beastmaster the Creatures of the Deep we're going to be stuck for awhile.
>>48587648
Yeah, probably that too. Honestly I'm feeling kinda awkward because I want to get in on it, but at this point it's gotten down the tracks enough that I would feel it impolite to barge in.
>>
>>48587705
Oh, not at all! Join in as you feel fit! The timeline has advanced abit but there is no reason why you can't join in. There is still alot of free land on the map in the europe/russian area if you wish for land or you can start off anywhere else if you don't mind not having your own territory.
>>
File: waifu.png (114KB, 1053x284px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
114KB, 1053x284px
Oh my, whats this? A fair maiden has touched the ground in the Alternate history shared world! Whoever shall win the current war going on wins acheld's waifu form.
>>
>>4858770
I think you should definitely get in on this world if you want to. More people means more things going on. It might be tough to start as an empire, but there should still be room if that's what you want to do. If you want to be landless then I can't see any issue at all.
>>
>>48587705
I don't know what I just quoted, but I was obviously speaking to you, and by extension anyone else who wanted in.
>>
>>48587816
gah!

>>48587705
Yeah, join in. I don't think people are opposed to the fantasy one so much as most don't have interest for more than one RP at once.
>>
A Bit Before Current Date of the RP
Mysterious Stranger (free)
Shared World (120)
Genius 3 (110)
Memory of the Ages 2 (103)
Wellspring of Harmony (98)
Reflexes 2 (90)
Impervious 1 (86)
Regeneration 1 (83)
Endurance 2 (75)
Super Sense 2 (71)
Mage Eye (69)
Divination Major (59)
Telepathy Major (49)
Master of Motion Major (39)
Shapeshifting Major (29)
Teachable Major Enchanting (9)
Personal Omni-Weapon, Shifting (7)
Personal Omni-Wear (6)
Teach Major Master of Motion (-4)
Spirit Singer Major (-14)
Beastfoe (1)
One point goes off to sulk in a corner (0)
Quest: Sorcerer Supreme
Bit more magic focused than I would like, but decently versatile within that field. His real force multiplier is being able to whip up squads of people armed with telefrag grenades. Also the whole teachable enchanting thing is a great bargaining chip with those who lack it. As for starting location I guess I'll go with New Zealand. See if I can convince them to let me crash there when I need a safe place in my travels.

Also I feel the need to point out Omniweapons and Omniclothes may be ridiculous hax when combined with anyone who has enchanting on this world. It's not indicated if it can duplicate magic properties or not.
>>
>>48588281
I don't think so, I believe the 1 point extra only gives you more omni weapons, duplicates that can turn into the melee/ ranged equivalent that the original can. Also, you would need to enchant it for each companion that you give it to and I think there is only 6 slots.
>>
>>48588441
>I believe the 1 point extra only gives you more omni weapons, duplicates that can turn into the melee/ ranged equivalent that the original can.
This.

Here's how I would interpret it: If you enchant your omni-weapon, then that enchantment carries over to other forms of the omni-weapon as well, but only for your omniweapon. You could enchant each of your companions', too, of course.

Even if we assumed that it carried over to your companions' omni-weapons, it's not that broken, since that's only one weapon per companion, and not something that can be shared with non-companions.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 210x240px
>>48588281
>First Day
Well this was just great. I wake up with a huge headache to the weirdest technicolor experience I've ever seen, with strange things whispering in my ears. Then the birds united to murder me as one. Like entire forest full of gods damned birds all trying to dive bomb me at once. They weren't very effective, apparently whatever the fuck was going on accelerated my reflexes, to the point I could swear I was reacting to them before they started to move. The club that I found by my feet also helped a lot.

Anyway, after single handedly slaughtering all birds and miscellaneous other wildlife that came to support them I sat down to do some thinking. For now what was important was finding civilization. Also figuring out why I was seeing in so many colors and clearly hearing for miles.

This wasn't going to be fun. Although the whispers started talking to me about making some sort of totem from the carcasses. Something about waste not want not. If I'm going crazy may as well indulge it a bit so why not?

[Because it's always funny to figure out what your initial reaction is.]
>>
>>48588441
I was wondering how far the extra point for form changing went. Since it was any weapon yet crafted I was unsure if that applied to magic items or if it just cared about the physical form. Good to know I need good old fashioned science to improve the actual form of my weapon. Also maybe pull the occasional bluff out by making it look like a completely different enchanted weapon.
>>
>>48588281
It looks like you missed 20 free points. Shared world counts as a drawback, so I think you actually have 21 points sulking off somewhere. The only catch is that with the 15 from beastfoe drawback, 5 of those points have to be spent on equipment or pocket realm items. That shouldn't be too much of a problem though.
>>
>>48584445
Man that made no sense whatsoever. Are you trying to evade the question or something? Are you just a whacker?
>>
it's weird how people keep talking about this thread over at /cyoag/ but no one's posting here.
>>
>>48591045
Plenty of posting, it's just people are in and out. Not as active as cyoag, of course, but that's to be expected.

I think we're stuck in a bit of a narrative rut, because the narrative conclusion seems inevitably that Mars will be defeated, but the actual power set that I designed (not really balanced with multiplayer in mind) makes the actual mechanism for that questionable.
>>
>>48591209
I think it's also that there are too many fingers in the pie. By which I mean too many players involved in the same storyline. All of whom need to be present and active for the plot to advance in a any real way. As a result the plot can only move very slowly.
>>
>>48591339
nah it's just monday in the middle of the day
>>
>>48577656

!!!!!
>>
>>48592353
?????
>>
>>48592570
>>
[OOC: I don't really understand what Atman is doing, so I'm just looking at Mars right now]

From the safety of my pocket dimension entrance, I continually blast Mars with wave after wave of mystical energies. Little seems to phase him for long, but at least it slows him down a bit. I shudder, thinking of his mad charge at me, and my stark relief when the mystical boundary protecting me held firm.

My elementals are helping to route Mars' armies, but in truth, they were never the threat. A ragtag band of barbarians. Feh. So much trash.

As I continue my magical assault, I think on what a terrible inconvenience this all is. I need these lands intact for my future plans, after all. Ah well, I suppose it does help support my alliances until the time is ripe.
>>
>>48594172
[OOC: I'll cut right to the jib, I'm planning to use all the souls I've been gathering from Mar's warpath to create an "artificial" immortal or some undead superweapon whichever comes first.]
>>
>>48594225
I don't really understand how, but rule of cool says ok. Though, if you end up fighting on the side of Mars to destroy civilization, I'm about ready to give up on this world and pack it in.
>>
>>48594225
OOC: You're embarrassing me with my traditional undead legion over here. I'm going to need to up my creativity soon.

>>48594397
Civilization still has plenty of champions. I'm not even anti-civilization. I'm just anti-Mega Empire. Or maybe it's anti-stagnation?

Bah.

War is where legends are formed, and I will be the greatest legend of them all. Peace is only thought of fondly by those with no strength, or those who have never known it. If one side of a conflict wins, then I have failed, for there will again be peace in my time.

Peace is the tyranny of the victors over the sheep. Peace is how the status quo is maintained, and people cease to better themselves. Conflict breeds greatness, and there should be many great legends beside my own. Had they more time, mortals would create the greatest legends of all, simply because they risk more than I ever could.

Legends will be formed in the aftermath of Mars' devastation. It will be exciting to see if anyone besides myself is truly worthy of one.

/pontification
>>
>>48595798
>Civilization still has plenty of champions.
Who? Not me, I'm secretly planning to destroy it. Not Mars, who's ransacking everything. Not Father, who thinks this war is a great thing. Not Atman who is creating Eldritch horrors. Not you with your army of Undead. Not Ingvar, who thinks war makes men stronger.

Coyote he has limited power and reach outside of his own realm.

AngelAnon is preoccupied with her own vast lands.

Srutos is staying out of things.

As far as the legitimate defenders of civilization in this scenario, we've got Saparnitu, who I can't see a way to stop the onslaught, though I may be missing something. There's Roman Anon, though given this is way before Rome, I'm not sure what he can bring to bear. And there's Nirshu, who is loyal to Saparnitu, but lacking in real force.

It's alright for now. If it continues in this vein, I'll just off Ubnitor in some way, and bring back the White Council, because I think this world is way over quota on people who love war and destroying things.
>>
>>48596085
[Who said I loved war? I just see it as part of nature, not something that I actively seek out. I don't actively seek out forest fires]
>>
>>48596553
[Aren't you helping Mars? That's "actively seeking out" war]
>>
>>48596599
[I said I was on the side of mars under the context of atman siding against him.]
>>
>>48596652
[Ah, okay. In that case, I revise my evaluation of you from "enemy of civilization" to "neutral party" in the question of defending civilization against destruction]
>>
>>48589377
Whoops, misremembered it as 100 starting plus 20 from shared world. In that case drop Beast Foe, take up Minor Earthdancer, still have one point sulk in a corner because I don't feel like being a noble.
>>
>>48596652
again with this? atman seems no more against mars than he is against saparnitu
>>48596085
wee aboo is fomenting war too
penguinanon is a bbeg waiting to happen
but srutos is on the side of the civilised sort of he has sent 1000 dudes to fight mars
>>
>>48551136
Small update.

>Grand Forger
>>48588281
>>48599824
Starting Location: New Zealand
>>
>>48596085
I do love war (my end goal looks something like warhammer, i think) but to have war you need civilizations around. I'm against the big power blocks who could theoretically consolidate the entire continent (or planet) into a stagnant peace.

>>48600362
The Elven king is in Australia and is intending to cover the area with mist, which may make things interesting. I don't think I've seen them post in a while though.
>>
>>48601154
>I do love war (my end goal looks something like warhammer, i think) but to have war you need civilizations around. I'm against the big power blocks who could theoretically consolidate the entire continent (or planet) into a stagnant peace.
I'll rephrase, then: the CYOA is over its quota on players who think war is great. In my opinion. I'm not suggesting that others change their plans, but I may change my character to achieve better balance, because it's way too grimdark right now for me to enjoy myself playing yet another bad guy in the pile.
>>
>>48601333
Personally I plan on being an adventurer and merchant. Besides spreading knowledge of magic and maybe finding some other Immortals to hang out with I'm really not interested in pushing any single major agenda, and an empire would be annoying to manage. Happy to play second fiddle and maybe spymaster to someone who does have an empire though if we can reach an agreement.
>>
File: reddress.jpg (282KB, 1600x1039px) Image search: [Google]
reddress.jpg
282KB, 1600x1039px
>>48590288
Sorry I guess. I'm not evading anything but I admit to being unclear. From wikipedia:

"Hierogamy refers to a sexual ritual that plays out a marriage between a god and a goddess, especially when enacted in a symbolic ritual where human participants represent the deities."

"Sacred prostitution was common in the Ancient Near East as a form of Sacred Marriage between the king of a Sumerian city-state and the High Priestess of Inanna, the Sumerian goddess of love, fertility, and warfare."

Happy now?
>>
>>48602221
>delicious passive agressive bitchiness
>>
>>48602221
>Sacred prostitution was common in the Ancient Near East as a form of Sacred Marriage between the king of a Sumerian city-state and the High Priestess of Inanna, the Sumerian goddess of love, fertility, and warfare.
That's really cool and thematic. Never knew something like that happened.
>>
So uh, is there gonna be a third thread, or is it time to let the cyoa back into rotation in the general thread?
>>
>>48602221
I can fap to this
>>
>>48603389
It's still bumping so that decision doesn't need to be made *quite* yet. I'm inclined to let it stay in a separate thread as long as it has sufficient activity. BUT I'm perfectly willing to let it collapse back into the main thread if the wisdom of the majority things so.
>>
>>48604402
>fapping to a Wikipedia article
NEEEEEEEERD
>>
File: marriage.jpg (82KB, 506x608px) Image search: [Google]
marriage.jpg
82KB, 506x608px
>>48603303
It's central to my build, I really should have explained it earlier. -_-
>>
>>48603389
>>48604631
That's it folks we've reached the bump limit. New thread or back to /cyoag/?
>>
>>48605610
I'm the guy you quoted so I'm obviously biased.
The first thread died in a day, and there was plenty of activity from multiple people, and new players arrived.
This thread? Not so much. It's lasted four days. There have not been many new builds, and what little RP we see is slow..
>>
>>48605888
>This thread? Not so much. It's lasted four days. There have not been many new builds, and what little RP we see is slow..
Unfortunately, I think this is right. I'm not going to say don't make a new thread, but I'm not going to.

If it does die, then if there's interest when 2nd edition rolls around we can always give it another shot. I'm actually designing the next version with RP/multiplayer in mind, so that may help.
>>
>>48605954
>I'm actually designing the next version with RP/multiplayer in mind
Cool! If the rp stops now I'll definitely give it another try with the next version.
>>
Elegan/tg/entlemen and ca/tg/irls of the RP I commend and thank you for your participation. I bid you all adieu.
>>
File: 33575.jpg (41KB, 550x330px) Image search: [Google]
33575.jpg
41KB, 550x330px
>mfw nobody liked my rp
>tfw Coyote got bored with me and left

Well thanks for making this cyoa Acheld and for inviting me to the shared world Romananon. It was fun worldbuilding and seeing everyone's builds and story develop.
>>
File: 1461910503735.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461910503735.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>48607349
>mfw nobody liked my rp
Wrong. No responses =/= no one liking it.
I liked your reasoning for being "banished" to America. It made sense, and it justified being an 'angry Goddess'.
> for inviting me to the shared world Romananon
You're welcome. I'm still surprised this whole RP business happened because I wanted to make a lesbian utopia with you so we could shitpost in real life.

My surprise should be finished tomorrow, at the latest Sunday.
>>
>>48607349
I liked it. And I liked the whole normies vs descendants stuff and the epic war too.
>>
File: Livia.jpg (169KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Livia.jpg
169KB, 800x1100px
>>48607607

Your idea was good. I guess I just wasn't feeling utopi-ish this time...

>surprise

!?!?!?!
>>
>>48607747

Yeah, some pretty interesting conflicts got started. I don't think any got finished though:(
>>
>>48607958
Maybe we can finish it in the cyoa general. Or failing that, when acheld updates AlteringHistory.
>>
>>48607607
Well, I had fun with you all. :) Hope this will continue somehow!
>My surprise
Color me intrigued!
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.