[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 47

File: maskofwinters.png (581KB, 1276x971px) Image search: [Google]
maskofwinters.png
581KB, 1276x971px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Abyssal edition
>>
>>48537711
You know Conky, you're not half bad.
>>
File: 1392837490554.png (377KB, 1147x665px) Image search: [Google]
1392837490554.png
377KB, 1147x665px
>>48537738
>>
>>48537748
I'm not sure why you posted this.
>>
File: Do The Monkey With Me.png (430KB, 725x503px) Image search: [Google]
Do The Monkey With Me.png
430KB, 725x503px
>>48537808
Do we need a reason?
>>
>>48537837
>Johnny never gets laid.
>Conky has Luna
It just don't add up!
>>
File: Cloud Sol.jpg (38KB, 460x592px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Sol.jpg
38KB, 460x592px
>>48537861
Stop shitting on my pictures you fucking bastard
>>
>>48537837
>"You're out of order."
>"No, you're out of order. This court is out of order! THIS DIVINITY MACHINE IS OUT OF ORDER!"
>"Ooh, free ambrosia!"
>>
>>48537861
Conky has pretty much everyone he wants. Luna seems to be willing to share Gaia, all the Maidens are in there, and, I'm pretty sure, his stats (yeah, right) implied some Yozi's joutens. At the very least.
>>
>>48537877
I was trying to be clever.

In unrelated news what's the godly equivalent of JB's ma?
>>
>>48537918
>JB's ma

Wha?
>>
>>48538024
You must be as dense as hair gel on johnny's bonce if you don't know about Bunny Bravo.
>>
>>48538072
Huh?
>>
>>48538106
http://johnnybravo.wikia.com/wiki/Bunny_Bravo
>>
>>48538259
Eh?
>>
Duke Nukem > Jonny Bravo as best sun IMO
>>
>>48538844
>I'm here to kick ass and exalt niggas
>and I'm all outta niggas.....
>>
Any thoughts?
>>
>>48539163
no
>>
>>48539163
I think this was never funny, and is even less so now than to begin with.
>>
>>48539191
If you're the person from last time, I've altered the charms to be non-binary.
>>
>>48539163
>Essence pool of 120+
>dice cap double that of solars
stopped reading right there
>>
>>48539215
still no
>>
>>48539220
They don't even have charms that use motes yet, and they can't use martial arts. Forget the base, look at the charms.

>>48539224
Why not?
>>
>>48539240
>They don't even have charms that use motes yet, and they can't use martial arts. Forget the base, look at the charms.
The base is the base, you can't build on a broken base.
>>
>Replying to an obvious troll
You guys HAVE seen the Cosmic Exalted screencap, right?
>>
File: Cosmic Exalted.png (236KB, 950x3087px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic Exalted.png
236KB, 950x3087px
>>
>>48539163
You are either retarded or pretending to be retarded. Your new keywords are painfully terrible, you have more typos than pages in a document with generous whitespace and shortlines, and I'd say you need an editor if I thought anything good could come of this. Please throw it away and do not post here again.
>>
>>48539267
Their excellency uses health levels and they take extra damage if they go beyond (Att+Ability).

>>48539277
>>48539283
I'm not a troll, I'm just bad at charm design, which is why I asked for feedback.

>>48539315
Could you elaborate on the fault you found with the keywords?
>>
>>48539365
You are the worst person

pls stahp
>>
File: areyouserious.gif (744KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
areyouserious.gif
744KB, 245x300px
>>48539365
>Their excellency uses health levels and they take extra damage if they go beyond (Att+Ability).
All excellencies are the same save for the dice cap. You didn't tell us it was the excellency.

Don't make so many upgrade charms for one unless that's the entire gimmick of the exalt type.

Nova is a terrible keyword. We already have a damage type that's hard to heal, it's called Aggravated. Having to find another sympathetic exalt of the same type is dumb unless they are as numerous as DBs.

Having to spend HLs on everything is also terrible, because then you can't use multiple charms in the same day, even. Not to mention wound penalties. HLs are supposed to be the resource that you only spend if you fucked up or if the effect essentially ends the scene, because you can regain motes and willpower with stunts.

If you know you are bad at design, don't do design without extensive planning and thought put into it.
>>
>>48539163
Biting

Burning (Attribute) Expression is simple and instand duration, so you can't really do anything with the bonus dice.

Essence Spear is Supplemental, but has no action to supplement. It needs to be simple or say "When you make a decisive attack at a target up to long range".

The only charms that really do anything are "2wp - survive enviromental hazards" "Add your wound penalty to dice to resist environmental penalties" and Perfected Essence (which really doesn't seem that strong, since there's no Ox-Bodies or healing).
>>
>>48539365
>I'm not a troll, I'm just bad at charm design, which is why I asked for feedback.
If you're bad at Charm design why are you starting with designing an entirely new Exalt with entirely different rules.
>>
So how do you usually get to the supposed high-flying part of this game? From what I see around here combat is actually shunned and usually never included in the game as its played.
>>
>>48539541
>So how do you usually get to the supposed high-flying part of this game?
Stunts. and literally superhuman feats thrown around like cheap memes.

>From what I see around here combat is actually shunned and usually never included in the game as its played.
What.
>>
>>48539541
What? I have no idea how you've come to that conclusion, but combat sure as hell isn't "actually shunned and usually never included".
>>
>>48539576
Really? What about those anime who go on about how one faggot was complaining they didn't get to combat in six sessions or that one group who have been vindictive in avoiding combat for nearly a year of sessions?
>>
>>48539486
>>48539500
Thank you for the feedback.

I think I may have bit off a bit more than I could chew with an entirely new exalted type.
>>
>>48539615
Combat in 2E was a slog that took most of the session, so we tended to avoid it. In the 3E games I'm in combat tends to either be one-sided enough that we win without dice rolls (if we're the stonger side) or we avoid it.

We still manage to have a big fight (vs semi-equal opponents) every 3 sessions or so at the very least.
>>
>>48539699
"A bit" is putting it mildly.
>>
>>48539699
Is the idea to make a balance exalt type or to (as >>48539283 suggest) to deliberately make the most bullshit unbalanced exalt type? Because those are two different design goals.
>>
>>48540272
Hahaha, that's right.

>>48540316
To make a balanced exalt type that was fun to play both alone and with other exalt types.

Does anyone have advice on where I should start to practice charm design? I'm thinking martial arts, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>48540387
>Does anyone have advice on where I should start to practice charm design? I'm thinking martial arts, but I'm not sure.

How about start with one single Charm.
>>
>>48540387

Martial Arts is a bit harder to start with.

I'd say start with an Exalt you like, and see if you can emulate charm effects from various mediums without them being broken in game.
>>
>>48540387
Don't worry, with /exg/'s help you'll go ftom O to MOrke or your money back*

*Terms and conditions apply. Offer not valid if your skills fail to improve. /exg/ shall be the sole entity responsible for determining John Morke's level of skill. /exg/ is not responsible for any loss of life, liberty of mental acuity.
>>
I can't seem to find the rules for jumping.
>>
>>48540966

I imagine it's the same as other move action, just with an Athletics roll to see if you make it based on distance.
>>
>>48540966
no
>>
>>48540966
Okay, there's alot to unpack here. So let's start at the begining. So what tools do we have that (might) be similar to Claws of the Silver Moon? (Or at least the 2E rules).

The original charm gave you +2 Acc, +5 Dmg and Overwhelming 2. This is similar to the bonus for being an artifact weapon in 3e. Then we compare it to any similar charms that exist in 3e which, in this case, would be Glorious Solar Sabre. This can help us with the costing. In this case, I think this would be a fair charm (but people are free to tell me I'm wrong).

Claws of the Silver Moon
Cost: 4m 1wp Mins: Strength 3, Essence 2
Type: Simple
Keywords: None
Duration: One Scene

This charm grants the Lunar's natural attacks the stats of a light artifact weapon with the Lethal, Brawl, Gappling and Natural keywords. In addition the Lunar may parry lethal damage without the aid of a stunt.

Special Activation Rules: When activating Deadly-Beastman Transformation the Lunar may reflexively activate this charm paying only 2m and ignoring the willpower cost.
>>
I need a mcguffin to give one of my characters to look for.

An ex dynast from the Cynis family who is now adventuring in the scavenger lands, he's been tasked by a family member to find a thing but I can't decide what the Cynis' would deem important enough for him to search for so it'll be an entertaining thing
>>
>>48544348
Do what I did and give them a chest they can't open without like a whole god damn campaign to figure it out.

Gave me plenty of time to figure out what was actually inside it.
>>
>>48544348

>Cynis

Artefact Bong.
>>
Classic 3e. Quite a few charms reference a "Test of speed", one even referencing page 189 (which has the extended and opposed roll rules). But nowhere does it actually define a test of speed.
>>
>>48544410
>>48544496
Eh, the chest is creative, but what stops him from just handing it off to his sister and saying

"The thing you want is in there, good luck."
>>
>>48544410

A chest they can't open isn't a good idea in a game like Exalted. They could just throw dice at the box until it opens. Pieces of a map leading them on a treasure hunt would be better.
>>
>>48544924
Sure they could throw dice at the problem if that's their area of expertise but then again it's a First Age artifact if we're talking big shot mcguffin here so that means some Solar with even more time on their hands made it themselves. So yeah you can brute force it and not follow the plot hook to find the key/code/etc but you'll have to roll extraordinarily crazy even for Solars because your opponent is a Solar themselves with more time and resources on their hands.

Just because they have a lot of dice doesn't mean they can solve every problem in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
File: big wave.jpg (101KB, 2000x1127px) Image search: [Google]
big wave.jpg
101KB, 2000x1127px
Tell me about Mask of Winters...
Is crashing Creation with no survivors the goal or just a part of his master plan?
>>
>>48537897
Does the "it's not gay if it's an elf" principle extend to Exalted as "it's not gay if it's Luna"?
>>
>>48547545
No its gay, Luna just doesn't care.

>>48546881
>Tell me about Mask of Winters...

He can't read
>>
>>48547545
No, in Exalted it works the other way around: It's not gay if it's Conky, because Conky is so overwhelmingly manly that anyone he's fucking counts as a woman for the duration of the encounter.
>>
>>48547591
Glorious!
>>
>"I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
>"Well at least you only had arrows, were I come from, they shoot beach umbrellas!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pW7PpypMU
>>
Why does Enduring Mental TOughness have pre-requisites of EITHER 5 charms, or None

That's retarded
>>
>>48549964
Because it has the Bridge keyword, meaning that if you caste/favor Presence, Resistance or Socialize and have 5 charms there, you can purchase Enduring Mental Toughness as though it were from a favored ability even if you do not have Integrity favored.
>>
>>48549988
oooooh, my bad. Thanks
>>
File: must be american.png (111KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
must be american.png
111KB, 500x367px
Behold my Spider Totem Lunar who has mastered Righteous Devil style.
Confront him if you dare.
>>
>>48550054
I call his bluff, they nerfed flurries, so he's basically holding one gun and six props.
>>
There are no gods of sorcery right?
>>
/exg/, give me your EX3 houserules. What did you change so far?
>>
>>48550675
Correct. The closest would be Sol but only in his capacity of God of Awesome Power, in 2e he had proprietary charms that mimicked Solar Circle Spells
>>
>>48550679
I was recently thinking about limiting Dawn Abilities during CharGen for non-Dawns. My goal was to reduce dice pools in combat and - indirectly - decrease the average DVs my players have and enemies have. Lowering those dicepools will make stunting, spending willpower, and other 'static' buffs more effective.

And of course prevent Thrown users from starting with 30+ initiative...
>>
>>48550679
XP based chargen, unfucked pricing of merits.
>>
>>48550684
I think one of Luna's forms is also worshipped as a god of sorcery...
>>
>>48550696

How about you just houserule that the only allowable starting weapons are wet noodles, and that all your players' characters must begin play with their penises removed?
>>
>>48550679
Martial Arts merit removed, any caste can supernal any ability as long as their character makes sense.
>>
>>48550871
wouldn't be enough. noodles still give bonus dice
>>
>>48550712
tell us more
>>
>>48550934
Not sure what there is to tell. Chargen with XP to avoid bean trading and point sinks. Merit pricing no longer dependent on whether previous levels exist. (If this makes no sense to you, you are probably ignoring the rule already.)
>>
I am a Zenith who is basically specializing in Performance and using the Nightingale Style for combat. I wanted to add some personal flavor with some kind of powerful artifact with evocations but obviously I can't really make use of a traditional weapon, and evocations don't seem to be associated with non-weapon artifacts. I could go for armor too, but that doesn't seem as cool. Any ideas for something I could do?
>>
>>48550954
Musical instrument would be fine
>>
>>48550954

Non-weapons can have Evocations just fine, it's just a question of whether or not the artifact has a story and function deep enough to support them.

Like, the Belt of Shadows as-is? Not deep enough. It'd just have its innate power, MAYBE one more Evocation for turning immaterial.

But if it was a particular Belt of Shadows, the Sash of Saraesh, worn by legendary thieves throughout the ages and imbued with a piece of Erembour's horn, granting it control over shadows and the creatures that dwell there...
>>
>>48550954
>nightingale
Isn't the limitation that you have to make the weapon musical in some way? It's how you can get special weapons and armor, they make a sound when you use them.
>>
>>48551036
I was thinking of something like that, but I was primarily wanting to fight with my character's voice rather than like an instrument. An idea I had was some kind of sword that would attune itself to their voice, but I have no idea how that would work mechanically.
>>
>>48551057
Well this just seems like a very common problem with the style itself.
>>
>>48551057
>>48550954
Lipstick artifact.

Now you get an artifact weapon for your voice and an artifact
>>
File: Solars whitewashed.png (1MB, 1020x502px) Image search: [Google]
Solars whitewashed.png
1MB, 1020x502px
>>
>he unironically uses the word "whitewashed"
>>
>>48552394
I've used the word plenty, but only when renovating.
>>
>>48550954
A magical kimono made of steelsilk, and embroidered with wire made from the Magical Material of your choice.
>>
Quick! The local Abyssal circle challenged your circle to a live rock showdown!
Keep in mind the Moonshadow has fans all over your kingdom, and their Dusk plays wicked guitar solos!

What do you?
>>
>>48552473
Murder the idiots.
>>
>>48552377
Who's the girl with glowing hands next to Panther
>>
>>48552611

That's Swan, the 2e Eclipse caste signature.
>>
>>48552653
I thought Swan was a guy
>>
>>48552611
>>48552653
Also, that's a guy
>>
>>48552660
>>48552665
My he's more fabulous than I recall
>>
>>48552512
Now that's just plain unsporting.
>>
>>48552653
.... And I thought Panther was the biggest mistake there. Doesn't even look like him.
>>
>>48552394
especially when most of them look asian and there's even a black girl
>>
>>48552808
It's pretty obvious they diverge from the standard characters' shades, the edit mostly fixed that.
>>
>>48552833
I wonder if that was just the artist not knowing their skin colors or something.
>>
>>48552875
Could be, but most of the character references they used would have the colour in it.
A lot of asian artists tend to really whitewash the non-asian characters similar to how that turned out.
>>
>>48552941
Wouldn't that be yellow-washing or something?
>>
>>48553290
The colours are paler, not more caucasian.
>>
>>48552473
>If Circle is Solar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPhxAVpg7Q
>Infernal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQuihD0hoI
>Abyssal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvJ0wK45b4A
>>
>>48553290
The people who coined "whitewashing" are whitecentric.
>>
Can someone post the text of the new backer charm?
>>
>>48554019
>new backer charm

Wait, there's more?
>>
>>48554032
they forgot to put one of them into the original backer charm pdf. Apparently, some kind of Resistance charm
>>
>>48544598
The rules for a 'test of speed', which isn't a system term so I'm not sure why you think it is, are on page 189. Read it rather than skimming.
>>
bomp
>>
>>48550954

Get a Symphogear

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OubMlMtnKczECOKHcrCpISAYv423yCB7u2fJCo1kzbQ/edit
>>
>>48550954
>Any ideas for something I could do?
A mask.
>>
>>48550954
A choker, necklace, pendant, medallion, or something Indian if you're the bollywood guy.
>>
>>48550954
You may have to change how you see your character if you want to improve him.
>>
File: Gilgamesh thumbs up.png (128KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh thumbs up.png
128KB, 267x400px
>>48554901
>>48555455
He's the Bollywood guy, and I'm the Night in his circle, and I really, really, really hope he takes the Symphogear because there is nothing more appropriate for Bollywood than a Symphogear.
>>
>>48555709
So what is your character?
>>
>>48554901
>>48555455
>>48555709
But... Why Bollywood? What's the appeal?
>>
File: 1465843650876.png (207KB, 750x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1465843650876.png
207KB, 750x1079px
>>48556015
Because Performance Supernal.
>>
>>48555403
Ssssssssmokin'!

But seriously, a Green Jade and Moonsilver mask that improves his Performance sounds like a cool thing.
>>
File: 1449970739643.jpg (27KB, 480x399px) Image search: [Google]
1449970739643.jpg
27KB, 480x399px
>>48556015
>>48556036
Because there is nothing more Bollywood than Exalted and the genre is chockfull of movies just waiting to be ripped into plothooks.

>The Circle bets the freedom of a small empire on a single dance performance, and they're up against the best goddamn band the Abyssal's have

>The Twilight's Dragonblooded family is torn apart by, caught between duty and familial responsibility and love, as the eldest son elopes away with a commoner.
>It's up to the Twilight to bring her big brother home and mend the broken holes in everyone's heart

>A Gold Faction Sidereal is infected with grievous wounds and is slowly dying to Not-Exalted-Cancer
>Knowing he doesn't have much time left, he takes on a RD and uses his last mission to save the reincarnation of the Solar girl he fell in love
>He becomes her best friend once more, rescuing her from her depressed and empty life with his bubbly and excited nature as she struggles to find a purpose in life as a Solar
>He heals the broken mends between the Solar and her circle
>He sets her up with the love of her life and presides over the wedding and gives their vows
>It's only on her deathbed does she learn about his past, and how he sacrificed his love for her happiness, and vows to remember him forever

>There's a string of high profile heists committed by a single man across the Realm
>It's the femme fatale Night's Lunar mate and he's leaving his Mark on the Realm
>>Quite literally, his thefts trace his caste mark on the map
>Cue high octane chase across the Realm as the Circle races against time to catch him as he executes his final and greatest heist

>The Circle, now older and wiser with experience, return to their homelands and are hailed as heroes
>Corrupted from their first taste of political power, plots and underhandedness abounds as they try scheme and plot to become the rightful rulers of their homeland, fighting against other families and themselves

Bollywood is Exalted as all fuckin' hell.
>>
File: HJ.png (737KB, 631x680px) Image search: [Google]
HJ.png
737KB, 631x680px
Is it possible to be monotheistic (or have a very distant god) in creation without being tricked into it?
Or would the gods just show up and beat down the priests of the new religion?
>>
>>48556710
>Is it possible to be monotheistic (or have a very distant god) in creation without being tricked into it?
Sure. Basically every Conky-worshiper believes their god isn't gonna do SHIT to help them out, for example. Not in the direct, personal way that other followers' gods help them.

From there it's just a small jump to believing that the gods you see aren't really gods or worthy of worship.

>Or would the gods just show up and beat down the priests of the new religion?
Maybe, if they ever heard about it, but it's not like gods have a radar for heretics.
>>
File: IMG_0222.png (292KB, 800x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.png
292KB, 800x326px
So I've posted this before, but I figured I would post it again. It's my attempt at formalizing the steps of attack resolution.

https://gist.github.com/drumanagh/01ebace965e8b66066d358874a8b3042

What I'm curious about is if y'all have any feedback, stuff you think I should rearrange, or whatever.

The biggest thing I'm unsure on right now is where counterattacks are positioned (currently 6.ii). I can't figure out where they should go compared to Initiative losses, damage, etc from the triggering attack, and the book does shit-all to help. Anybody have any dev commentary or whatever that gives more of an idea?

To a lesser degree, I'm also not totally sure about onslaught penalties (currenty 6.i), but I think that spot works as the only way to have Ferocious Jab when used by itself actually do anything.
>>
File: QZDs1Fz.jpg (383KB, 679x2117px) Image search: [Google]
QZDs1Fz.jpg
383KB, 679x2117px
whos a good lunar?
>>
>>48557081

As a philosophy student I laughed more than I should've.
>>
File: 1448471929520.png (105KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1448471929520.png
105KB, 256x256px
>>48554901
>reading through that doc
>it's dead fucking spot on in flavor
Fucking christ Sandact, this thing is perfect.

Question though. How does Swan Song interact with Resistance charms? Like, Iron Skin Concentration would give you another fuckton of HLs that would be converted into a huge amount of initiative.

At just the base health track, it's (21+Essence)i. With a single purchase of Ox-Body, it's (30+essence)i. At max stacks and Stamina 5, a Solar would have 22 HLs for (66+Essence)i.

Iron Skin Concentration would give you another (Stamina) temporary HLs if you used it against a decisive attack earlier, so at Stamina 5, that would be (81+Essence)i for the Swan Song's decisive attack.
And this would be right from chargen for an E1 Solar, without even needing a Resistance Supernal.

If the Solar was at E3 or greater, he could gain up to another 5 HLs, which would put the Swan Song's decisive initiative pool at a minimum of 101i (7 base HL + 15 Ox-Body HLs + (5+5) Iron Skin Concentration HLs).

Exceptionally flavorful and spot on for Hibiki's swan song but iirc, that's *twice* Invictus Sol's own dice pool for attacks in 2nd Edition.

Also, I think Little Miracle Strike needs the "Stacking" keyword?
>>
>>48556777
>it's just a small jump to believing that the gods you see aren't really gods or worthy of worship.
But it IS a big jump if you want to question their godhood. Remember that in Creation "god" basically means "guardian spirit native to Creation". Even some small-time hotspring spirit is a god. He's probably not worthy of worhsip but that is another matter.
>>
>>48557425
"My God is a God, not some mere spirit like the false 'gods' you worship"
>>
>>48557493
Also, "the gods those other guys worship are actually evil demons". That one's an Israelite classic.
>>
>>48557406

Its actually one of my favorites. I'm glad with how it turned out myself, originally it was just a warm up for 3e evocations.

>Question though. How does Swan Song interact with Resistance charms? Like, Iron Skin Concentration would give you another fuckton of HLs that would be converted into a huge amount of initiative.

If you still have spare HL's before Swan Song is activated then go nuts. Otherwise enjoy the damage. Even the minimum of 25 initiative is really going to hurt. Iron Skin Concentration only applies when you're hit with a decisive attack already so.

Also remember that this literally kills the user without proper medical attention. I figured that would be enough of a deturrent (And if it wasn't, I included the autodeath rule for using it again). You can't use resistance to recover from it, you'll need medicine or you're in deep shit. Its powerful as hell yes, but its meant to be something akin to an ultimate trump card or desperation move. Its not just a fuckoff huge final attack, but also a way of averting huge natural disasters of the plot variety (EX: The Moon Falling, Marina's sister doing her own swan song to beat back that thing in S2). A player in my last game came VERY close to using that Swan Song though.

I should also clarify later on, but HL's that are already filled with bashing and lethal? They don't count. At least that was my intention. I'll fix it later.

You also forgot to add Dodge to add more HL's.

>Also, I think Little Miracle Strike needs the "Stacking" keyword?

That it does, I'll add that.
>>
>>48557493
You are confusing what "god" means in western culture with it's eastern meaning. Being god is just being spiritual guardian of things real and abstract. If you want to say things like these then you are objectively wrong. But I guess that never stopped a Solar from being a dick to others so it kinda fits.
>>
>>48557837
I think them believing it and being wrong was the point of the post.
>>
Does the book imply you can't learn MA charms without a teacher?
>>
>>48558651
Somewhat.
I think it is one of those things where the solar learns them through really intense flashbacks from a previous life...
But I am not sure why you would want that; finding a master is part of the fun.
>>
>>48558721
Got a page reference?
I got the impression a teacher, flashbacks, and intense solo training were all options for Martial Arts.
>>
>>48558791
Sorry it has been some time since I last browsed my books. But I'm certain this was a thing.
>>
So I've been invited to play an Exalted campaign and I was wondered... whats the most broken Munchkin things possible within the system?

Not that I uhh... plan on munchkining my first time just curious as to levels of broken I can reach.
>>
>>48559505
I totally believe you. So i'm not going to tell you, because it's not needed.
>>
>>48559505

It's irrelevant, because everyone else will just be equally broken in their own niches and bludgeon you into the earth. Such is the beauty of the Supernal Ability.

Become a combat monster? Enjoy being wrapped around the Zenith's finger. Become a social monster? The Night will cut your throat before you can talk. Become a stealth specialist? J/K, it was the craftnerd's doombot you killed. Become a crafter? The Dawn stomps your dick in before you can finish making the anti-Dawn forcefield.
>>
Where in creation would I find samurai?
>>
>>48559576
I'm a samurai.
>>
>>48559505
Strength 5 base, Increasing Strength Exercise, Iron Whirlwind Attack with Invincible Fury of the Dawn.
>>
>>48559576
Vaneha, East of the River Province. It is literally Sengoku-era Japan.
>>
>>48559576

Lookshy is Japan, right?
>>
>>48559576

There's nowhere that maps "directly" to Japan, but the Realm would be the most likely place to have samurai-styled armor, and it does have an aristocratic warrior caste, though they aren't sworn to Lords as such.
>>
>>48559606

Lookshy is SpartaJapichina.
>>
>>48559609
I thought that the Realm was some fusion of China and Greece(?).
>>
>>48559630

Cool, they can have a katana in their main hand and a gladius in the off hand.
>>
>>48559576
If you are talking about canonical, written-out locations, that give something of a suitable impression, then Vaneha comes to mind. Page 91 of 3e book.
>>
>>48559604
>Vaneha, East of the River Province. It is literally Sengoku-era Japan.
O-oh.

Is that so?
>>
>>48560105
That guy used "literally" like an idiot, but he's basically right. It's a country full of warring warrior-caste clans all vying for rulership of the country and the guy who actually rules it only maintains rulership by keeping family members of all the other clans hostage in his palace. The only thing that makes it not Sengoku era Japan is that it's land-locked.
>>
>>48560200
and even then, it is surrounded by two branches of a river so large that there are points where you can't actually see the other side from the bank.
>>
>>48556710
Well, I mean, it's possible, but not going to work out very well in practice.

You could believe there's only one god and say you'll only worship that one god, but when you're walking past a salt mine, the local Salt God might show up demand you offer him a prayer or else. Telling him, "Sorry, but I'm monotheistic," won't stop him murdering your ass.
>>
>>48559576
Lookshy fits the bill. A lot of old artwork from First and Second edition has Lookshy warriors dressed in samurai-esque armor.
>>
>>48560200
I feel like a lot of characters from there are going to make an attempt to take that magical weapon for their own.
>>
So /tg/, tell me about any manses you've made or had come up in your games?
>>
>>48560878
A desert oasis atop no known reservoir or water source. Nonetheless, it's perimeter is lined with white marble fountains depicting various merfolk and water nymphs pouring out water jugs. At the center of its main court, surrounded by everlasting water jets, is a shallow pool ringed by tile pictures depicting something like a martial art form meant in reverence to the Unconquered Sun. Inside of the marble sanctum, bioengineered servitors attend to the owner's every need. A massive stained-glass window in the image of a white marble city in the desert faces in the direction of the rising sun. At sunrise, the image is projected onto the far wall. Tropical plants and fruit-bearing trees grow all throughout the zone, and the servitors generally bring fallen fruit into the basement, which is cold enough to freeze it. Naturally, the manse's hearthstone is the Fountain-Summoning Stone.
>>
>>48560878

I think a PC in my game now was wondering if we could make a manse on the sun.
>>
>>48560878
Great tree-manse growing atop a huge ravine. The tree's roots reached deep into the chasm, pumping fire-aspected essence from subterranean magma sources. That made the sap into literally lava flowing thoruh the whole thing and used in magical crafting stations. Said stations were actually great flowers modified for various purposes. The tree could move its branches and vines to block entrances and it also had plant-like servitors growing straight out of it. Shame I never got around to actully use it because the game didn't start. And it was my fault ;_;
>>
>>48560481

Our Dawn is currently trying.
>>
Are there any active Exalted MUSHs? I used to play on one and I really liked the format.
>>
>>48560878

A formerly Solar Aspected manse built as the private retreat of the Circle's Night Caste's First Age incarnation, atop the highest mountain in the White Valley Province and hence now atop one of the islands in the White Sea. There's a squat two story little main building and a five story tower that served as the Solar's living quarters connected to it by a walkway running over the shallows, of what used to be a little ravine but is now flooded. It's got a half kilometer wide or so sphere of perfect weather at constant 70 degree temperatures, and all the luxuries a God-King would expect at their home away from home, including a massive library, a indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, a sauna, guest rooms for the entire "Perfect Circle" a ballroom and several rooms full of various first age entertainment devices, basically all of which were looted and converted to other rooms over the years of ownership by various Dragonblooded. There's an Animating Intelligence system too, but its currently heavily malfunctioning and prone to mishaps, like say, playing random playlists of First Age pop music instead of shutting off the magic lights on the first floor.

There's also kilometer after kilometer of hidden storage caves beneath the Manse, which they only found the secret entrance for in the ballroom last session. Turns out the Night Caste and his No-Moon Wife were obsessed with the nature of Exaltation, and together with the Twilight's First Age persona, proceeded to perform a series of experiments intended to jam human souls into animals with the eventual plan of crossbreeding them with Terrestrials to get nearly perfect but mass producible spies, a bit the players discovered after a bit of a jaunt in the East, at the main production facility the guy had running off in a hidden valley warded off by a Working to prevent anyone from finding the place with the use of magic.
>>
What's the best familiar you can get out of the core book or the old leak? I was thinking of maybe getting a simhata, as it's a pretty good mount and a good combatant.
>>
>>48562313

In terms of raw killing potential, the Tyrant Lizard wins hands-down.

Dogs do a good defend other focus, iirc.
>>
>>48562345
Yeah, but you can't take a damn Tyrant Lizard into towns and cities and what not. No one's gonna believe you tamed the damn thing.
>>
>>48562452

And deny my best friend entry?

I will go elsewhere with my wagon full of gold and jewels then.
>>
>>48557837
You are confusing "propaganda" with "reality".
>>
>>48557406

Oh and the other point was the DB charm "As In the Beginning" in DotFA, the fire aspect version can do upwards of a hundred dice of damage in exchange for killing your Essence 6 PC (Or spending a few hours doing nothing). Again, super cool and powerful effect that makes for a great "Oh yea, WELL FUCK YOU" card, but at the same time kills the user if used instantly. I was a bit more lax in this regard, but still even if you survive its a plot fiat with a two story cooldown. Basically you pray to god someone in your group has medicine or an NPC who is very good at Medicine is nearby.

Also yes, DotFA, broken as shit, blah blah, but I find it was actually a neat charm for them. If I want my PC to die, I'd rather die in a blaze of glory or pissing on whatever ashes remained of the BBEG's plan.

There's also the X-Drive option. Good luck getting that off, you'll need it.
>>
File: neck.webm (29KB, 128x150px) Image search: [Google]
neck.webm
29KB, 128x150px
>>48555403
>>
>>48561482
They can build it at night, when it's dark, and leave about dawn when it gets hot
>>
>He was aware that he was holding a very sharp sword.
>And he could hear, with the rising sun, the beat of an eagle's wings.
>He was going to enjoy this.
What exaltation would Would Mazda, the Discworld version of Promethus (I know, I know "FUCKING DISCWORLDFAG, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY GAME! REEEEEEEEE!") have?
>>
>>48560878
In the farthest South, on the verge of the Elemental Pole of Fire, stands an enormous flat-topped column-like mountain. Even the supernaturally strong structure of the manse got blasted and eroded by elemental heat into rough and rocky relief, eventually turning it back into demesne, albeit twisted and unstable, sending sputtering burning waves and flame-filled twisters in the surrounding desert. The place was raised from the ground by Dragon Kings in the Primordial Age, razed, and left abandoned there ever since.
The inside of it is filled with chambers, overgrown with imperishable crystals and crumbling remains of organic technology. It is strewn with mummified Dragon Kings - and the pens for the wild, growing young ones in the lower levels are a great charnel house. Some crystal sarcophagi, meant to keep their inhabitants in suspended animation, display their cargo in contorted, torturous poses - as if they have awakened, but were unable to leave.
it's only animated inhabitant is a being of singular nature - a gigantic anklok, clad in obsidian armor, stalks the pitch-black corridors. It seems undead, mummified like the rest, but an eternal fire burns it from the inside, glowing through tears in it's scale. There is a single condition to the end of it's millennia-long tormented service - to find a living creature, ascend to the sun-scorched summit of the manse and sacrifice it to Unconquered Sun. The fire and sun will finally consume it. Among the ashes one will find the hearthstone, that served as the being's heart.
>>
Look, if nobody is posting, let the thread die. For all the whining about quests, generals seem to be space hogs too, and should perhaps be shunted off to /general/.
>>
>>48566650
>>>/tgg/?
>>
>>48566573
One, the trip is entirely unnecessary.
Two, bump with actual content, questions, prompts for discussion, homebrew, ideas.
>>
>>48566682
I agree with both
>>
>>48560878
A single unmarked door, in a backstreet of Chiaroscuro. Anyone who enters is greeted by a seemingly normal, small though opulent, apartment consisting of two bedrooms, one kitchen, and several common rooms. No window. In a small corner at the dead end of a winding corridor is the same door than the entrance. Opening it reveal a slightly stranger apartment with the same door in another dead end, and no windows still. Opening this door continues the cycle. And again, and again, and again.

Things get stranger and stranger as one goes on. Soon the homes seem to cater to dead or exotic cultures, some of malfean make or not out of place in the labyrinth. More and more doors open, and the enfilade becomes labyrinthine. Piece of architectures that doesn't belong (bathhouses, yurt...) appears at certain point.

That Sidereal Manse winds down infinite. Nobody has found its heartstone yet. Sometimes explorers get inside and are seen months later, having found marvels in their travel. Sometimes none at all.
>>
>>48560200
Not quite. It's far more closer to Tokugawa era Japan really.
>>
So no one with the backer pdf wants to share the new charm?
>>
>Arms of the Chosen will have a wide selection of Artifacts and Evocations, but as we're pressed for space, we don't plan to put a guide on how to write them into the book.
Why would you do this? Why??
>>
>>48568114
Because they plan to publish it on Ink Monkeys 2, hopefully.
>>
>>48567950
It's not been released yet has it?
>>
>>48568238
No, but the backer copy was updated.
>>
>>48568245
Oh, so it was.

>Blade-Turning Body Technique
Cost: 5m
Mins: Resistance 4, Essence 2
Type: Simple
Keywords: Apocryphal, Dual
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: Iron Skin Concentration

Through rigorous training and the fortifying might of her Essence, the Solar learns to harden her skin until it can resist blade and flame alike as well as a suit of fine armor. While this Charm is active, the Solar is immune to incidental injury such as being cut by glass when crashing through a window, or bloodying her knuckles on a fore’s jaw. She can ignore outright any environmental damage that would burn or lacerate her body of 3L or lower intensity, though she remains fully vulnerable to more insidious forms of damage such as freezing cold or deadly fumes.

The Solar gains 8 soak against withering attacks while this Charm is active, along with 5 hardness. Blade-Turning Body Technique is incompatible with both armor and with Diamond-Body Prana.

>On Blade-Turning Body Technique:
The backer wanted a defensive soak option for his shirtless (his word) Solar, but without the variability of Diamond-Body Prana. The resulting Charm is Apocryphal because it uses the design logic of Solar armor-creating Charms. It averages out the soak-granting result of Diamond-Body Prana, but loses a bit of power in its incidental resistances to compensate for its reliability, along with the possibility of being further strengthened by Martial Arts Charms.
>>
>>48568341
Sweet, thanks a lot.
>>
>>48568341
Holy shit, that's pretty great. Wonder if my ST will let me use it instead of DBP for prereqs.
>>
>>48568341
>fore's jaw
Typo?
I don't quite see how this deserves Apocryphal.
Got a page number?

I updated the charm list doc.
>>
>>48568452
>Typo?
Their's, that's what the book says.
>I don't quite see how this deserves Apocryphal.
Me either really.
>Got a page number?
28, it's between the two existing Resistance charms
>>
>>48568469
Thanks anon.
>>
>>48568452
It's apocryphal because it's an alternative to an existing charm, basically.
>>
>>48568188
When's that coming out? 2050?
>>
>>48568645
When the flea lancers feel like it.
>>
>>48551057

Mic stand that is also a sword.
>>
How good are Prosthetic bodyparts in Exalted?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_ZVgyBSEI
>>
>>48569756

Mundane ones? Probably a peg-leg or a hook for a hand, in most places. One or two places might have something as advanced as a knee that flexes.

Artifact ones? As good as you're willing to pay the dots for.
>>
>>48568341
>along with the possibility of being further strengthened by Martial Arts Charms.
Can't you do that with the original, too?
>>
>>48569839

You can.

I don't see any reason why he'd make a deal out of it.

Hell I'd take this over Diamond Body. To be honest I was going to do the same as I've had shit luck (The highest I ever got was 3 successes FFS)
>>
File: 1469845904066.png (1MB, 1288x1729px) Image search: [Google]
1469845904066.png
1MB, 1288x1729px
So, how do you guys do Solar flashbacks to their past lives? Usually I make them roll their Willpower, with more successes making the vision more useful and a botch making them relive their First Age incarnation doing something that would trigger their Limit.
>>
>>48561721
No one? That's kind of sad, I really like the 'hang out, play when you wanna' kind of style it had.
>>
>>48562452
They will when I make it sit, lie down, roll over, and play dead.
>>
>>48574384
Mostly not, the times I do i play it as a ghost story unfolds around and in them. With themselves acting out their role perfectly.

The image of his former beloved lunar wife giving up the struggle to defend him. He screams at the top of his lungs that she shall pay for this betrayal. Her and the dragon-blooded too. They shall all pay! Then they have a new major intimacy. Hatred for lesser exalts.

The machine wiirs and clicks to life. The primordial armies are invading. Her manses defenses are ready to seal the manse up. But thousands are trapped outside. she makes her choice. Thousands will die so that hundreds are assured life. She presses the button but a firm and gentle hand stops her. "We will meet them and hold them. You and me against the darkness." The words are not said, no sound is made, but the meaning is impressed on her soul as the Unconquerable Sun leads her to the frontline with haste. New intimacy, Protect everyone.

And so fourth. If you bring that advantage to my table or asks for visions, you better be ready to carry the burden.
>>
>>48560878

I always had some ideas for manses but never got the chance for them in game. Now that I'm playing as a crafter I got the idea for something like a Fire Aspect manse that would be a hot spring. Something comfy as my character wants to relax in style.
>>
Can I get some clarification on combat rules? Let's say I start out at 10 Initiative and I have two enemies, A at Initiative 8 and B at Initiative 5. I go on tick 10 and wither A down to 3. Does that mean A goes after B this round? I think I've been running it wrong, where your position at the start of the round is when you take your turn.
>>
>>48580212
>Does that mean A goes after B this round?

Correct, changing someone's init who hasn't gone yet can delay or accelerate their turn.
>>
>>48580212
>Can I get some clarification on combat rules? Let's say I start out at 10 Initiative and I have two enemies, A at Initiative 8 and B at Initiative 5. I go on tick 10 and wither A down to 3. Does that mean A goes after B this round?
Yep.
>>
There any good homebrew artifacts I can steal for my games?
>>
>>48580809

No. Make your own like everybody else.
>>
>>48574384
What the hell are those weapons?
>>
>>48582492
Gun staffs, sort of likemthe jaffa weapons in Stargate
>>
So, as is the way of things my players have invalidated my session preparation for the next few games, and I have to read up on The Lap now. There's a chapter on it in Compass: South, but are there any other books with more and/or better info on it?
>>
>>48582528

I think the 1e books may have some more detail on it.

If you're desperate for literally any scrap, RotSE may have some. The 1e Alchemicals book also has a lot of kooky shit happening there, such as Essence 11 Alchemicals happening.
>>
>>48580809
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/823884-3e-the-artifact-and-evocation-workshop
>>
>>48582918
>Essence 11 Alchemicals

Tell us more anon.
>>
What does the Immaculate Order have to sya about child labor?
>>
>>48585769

I doubt anything explicit is said one way or the other.

In my Creation it'd be "kids working is good for instilling in them a sense of duty, so long as it's done constructively and healthily."

But given the kinds of people that usually employ child labor, it'd be appended with "Even better for instilling a sense of duty is seeing their betters putting in the same elbow grease. So get off your lazy ass and get to work, cunt."
>>
What about cuckolding? Do the Immaculate Texts say anything about THAT?
>>
>>48586334

I know for DBs it's "do your breeding duty, keep any affairs from being too blatant, and nobody will really care."

For peasants it's probably "who gives a shit?"
>>
>>48582918

Which 1e books? Cult of the Illuminated didn't seem to have any specific locale information (though I admit I was skimming) and Houses of the Bull God is about Harborhead. Some of the caste and aspect books?
>>
>>48574384

Generally when they find something of significance. Not much, just a moment.

Like when you find your ancient daiklaive, you have a brief memory of how your first incarnation forged it - with the sounds of all-destroying war going on in the background - from the molten heart of the earth.

Or when you meet your Lunar mate again, you briefly remember the first time you met her when she was younger, complete with sepia-toned flashbacks.

I like the idea of Willpower being rolled, possibly with each success counting towards a free plot-relevant success for the scene.
>>
File: tumblr_o81lnjbqeA1tb8cbpo2_1280.jpg (568KB, 700x1032px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o81lnjbqeA1tb8cbpo2_1280.jpg
568KB, 700x1032px
Planning my first session/campaign.

Any tips or the like? (first time running Exalted)

What happened in your first session/adventure?
>>
>>48588056
Me and my sister spent a lot of time coming up with ways to improve a manse, and occasionally dice were thrown.

Unhelpful but true.
>>
>>48588056

First session? Solars, faffing about around a table in a house, discussing how are they going to go through a region, where someone was apparently already hunting Solars - and killed at least one. Not a single dice roll.
>>
What's up with "repurchases" of a Charm that are basically new Charms? Why is Adamantine Fists of Battle's thing a repurchase, while Invincible Fury of the Dawn is a separate Charm? What is the design logic here?
>>
so do we know if we can expect any new info at gen con?
>>
>>48588056
first a short scene where they protected a trade route from bandits (to learn the ropes of the system), then they entered Sijan (learned a lot of stuff about it) and sit town in a teahouse. A few plot hooks thrown in and they took what they wanted.

Later on they crashed a frat party of soon-to-be teenage Immculates, busted a haunted house from ghosts, and stole a cursed gold treasure. Enough for me and 20 sessions building on that.

The first session has one important job: create a 'quest' for the PC, define relationships with NPCs (especially enemies of the players, but also friends and contacts, and a place to rest).
Introducing this stuff later on will not have the same effect. Look at CofD 2E: Aspirations are a great mechanic. Each player character and the group alltogether should have one clear objective for the second session.
After starting the campaign like this every other session comes naturally. There is always a next objective. And if there isn't, don't let the objective be fullfilled. Instead give them a partial victory and increase the quest in size - more enemies / newer enemies, more stuff that is needed, complications, etc.
>>
>>48583538

The signature Starmetal caste found out she was in an N/A demense, so she opened her reactor to the energy and immediately became an ESS 11 Alchemical and a new city.

As that's clearly how they work.
>>
>>48585813
>But given the kinds of people that usually employ child labor

You mean, everyone?

In an agricultural society, child labour was pretty much the norm. Even today, in a family farm/business, there are probably kids violating labour laws.
>>
>>48592034

Out of necessity, yes.

When it's a fat merchant prince the monk's talking to, the question of "are your legs broken?" might come up.
>>
>>48593814
>When it's a fat merchant prince the monk's talking to, the question of "are your legs broken?" might come up.

Yeah, but the question was "What does the Immaculate Order have to sya about child labor?", not "does the Immaculate Order dislike fat merchant princes?"
>>
File: Fookin Legend of Gin Alley.jpg (34KB, 448x593px) Image search: [Google]
Fookin Legend of Gin Alley.jpg
34KB, 448x593px
If you have a paired set of short daiklaves, do you have to attune to both of them as separate weapons or are they considered one weapon for sanity's sake? Good lord I hope it's the latter one.
>>
>>48594137
it's the latter one
>>
File: the laws of this land.jpg (15KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
the laws of this land.jpg
15KB, 400x293px
Anyone else running this piece of shit game? The other games I play in keep stopping because of schedule bullshit.
>>
>>48596126
it fucked your mom dude
>>
>>48596362
DAMN YOU, EXALTED THIRD EDITION.
>>
>>48588056
My first session involved too many players going too many different directions, all stunting all the time. It was hellish, fun, disastrous, wonderful.

The tips I have for you: Make the game theirs. Let them describe extras, set little scene bits, and create the world with their descriptions. I can give examples if you'd like - but simply put, if you take the whole responsibility on for creating a world as fleshed out as Exalted can be, you'll get exhausted. Explain you'd like for them to help, and how.
>>
>>48583538
She's not really Essence 11.

The book says:

Instead of destroying Nrbaqwi, Lissome Avid Engineer understands that she is standing on top of the largest hoard of compressed geomantic Essence (a substance called ryku) in existence. Opening up her Essence chambers, she summons all of the ryku — several tons — to feed her power source. She quickly grows in size and power as a result of this, but becomes permanently grafted to the mountain. Now much like the Patropolis of Ot, Lissome Avid Engineer becomes the new spirit-god of New Kadar, akin to a miniature Machine God in Creation, constantly growing as she is fed ryku, the face of the mountain itself taking the shape of her visage. Effectively, she is an Essence 10 Alchemical, but she could grow even larger.

In theory, at least, she could become larger than Essence 10 Alchemical.
>>
>>48585769
The Immaculate Order is a pretty big group.

It also depends on on what sort of labor the children are undergoing. If they're helping their parents at the farm, all well and good.

If those children are being forced to work at a brothel, the Order might find it distasteful but in the end would probably just accept it as one of the unfortunate realities of Creation. It's possible they may have issued proclamations and edicts against such things, but those wouldn't necessarily have the weight of law behind them and that sort of "labor" would be an exception.

Individual monks might choose to intervene if they feel specific cases of child labor go to far, but as a whole I imagine the Order considers instilling a work ethic into people at a young age to be a positive thing so they wouldn't be upset about the idea as a whole.
>>
>>48582492
>>48582506

Given that that's Mercy from Overwatch, that fires a healing beam. It's not a gun.
>>
File: 1434418068077.jpg (396KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1434418068077.jpg
396KB, 1280x1024px
>>48596582
>Let them describe extras
What do you mean?

I'd love some examples.
>>
>>48600573
Let the players make up NPCs and contribute to populating the world.
>>
>>48600582
I understand that part, but how would that work in practice?
>>
>>48600618

> "I go to the leader of my Cult, and tell him that I have guests that need sanctuary."
> "Sure, what's he like?"
> "He's an old dude with a big bushy beard."

> "I'm from a Dragon-blooded family, but I Exalted as a Solar when I challenged my brother to a duel. My mother's pissed at me, and has vowed to kill me."
> "What does she look like?"
> "Something like a sexy Asian version of Queen Grimhilde."
>>
>>48600618
How does it work when you make up NPCs? Like that, pretty much. Ask the players "Who's this? Where's that?" and have them fill in answers as though you rolled a knowledge check and they should be giving you infodump.
>>
>>48600618
You got general answers already, but let me suggest a specific one since this seems unfamiliar: when the players take Merits (half of which were called "Backgrounds" last edition), have them write out the people involved with the Merits too.
Contacts? Give an example contact.
Language? Tell me who you learned from.
Command or Influence? Note who the previous holder of this position was. (Or if the PC created it from scratch, some of the people who were involved during the way.)
Boundless Endurance? Presumably you trained somewhere, with someone, rather than growing up a hermit who lifted.
>>
File: Hunters (Nid, Renger, Yi).jpg (343KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Hunters (Nid, Renger, Yi).jpg
343KB, 850x1202px
>>48600618
>>48602837

Starting with mertits and backgrounds is a good place to begin or else you end up with really generic backstory-less characters like

Killfuck Soulshitter the Dawn
Slutty Mcslut the Zenith
Tony Stark expy the Twilight
Blando Mcblanderson the Night
Slutty von Slut the Eclipse

And if you're running a game that's just nothing to bite into.
>>
>>48596126
my game keeps getting rescheduled, but at least it runs once a week, even if it's been on three different days the last four weeks
>>
>>48600382
>I'm gonna shoot you back to life

Very Exalted
>>
>>48539541
>So how do you usually get to the supposed high-flying part of this game?
I believe you need artifact wings with Blue Jade feathers.
>>
>>48604795
"There! You are not Dead!
>>
>>48596669
I think if the guy who built Nrbaqwi saw what LAE did to it, his reaction would be as follows:
>"By the Unconquered Suns pulsing left nut! Who put that bloody thing there!?"
>>
>>48605476
>"There! You are not Dead!"
True story : I main healers in Overwatch and "Dude'sName, you're not dead" is my usual code for "yeah I know you're on 20hp but don't worry about it, keep shooting". Now you've got me thinking of what a dedicated combat healer could do in Ex3...
>>
>>48605976
>Now you've got me thinking of what a dedicated combat healer could do in Ex3...
I'd start with something like this: alternate between
(Wound-Mending Care Technique + Body-Sculpting Essence Method) and Anointment of Miraculous Health, each of which is an instant heal but can't be repeated that scene until you've done a 2pt healing stunt *not* involving that one.
Following on that, Healing Trance Meditation keeps your motes up to some degree (mote for every 10). Master Chirurgeon Meditation gives you cheap dice with which to fuel both your roll-for-effect charms and HTM. Benison of Celestial Healing and Life-Sculpting Hands Technique both provide a freebie once per scene.
>>
File: SolarDefault.jpg (63KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
SolarDefault.jpg
63KB, 600x668px
Hello /exg/ character sheet anon here, most of the work for Sidereals: Where Fate Has Led has been done, still have to add in SMAs but that's just a bit more work.

More importantly, I need a picture to be the stock portrait for Sidereals, currently I am using pic related for Solars, of which I am immensely pleased with. So, what picture fits Sidereals as well as this does Solars? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
>>
Anybody here interested in my incredibly autistic homebrew?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K9vZUwvE6sWyxTivwXN7VEs4WMnyG5ZjMv5Gbj7U34/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48608890

>This version of Exalted uses a d20 system.

Closed
>>
>>48609042
What's wrong with the d20?
>>
File: sids.jpg (36KB, 469x218px) Image search: [Google]
sids.jpg
36KB, 469x218px
>>48608726
>>
File: ketchup carjack.png (287KB, 440x482px) Image search: [Google]
ketchup carjack.png
287KB, 440x482px
>>48609503
>>
File: Resplendent Destiny.jpg (45KB, 634x350px) Image search: [Google]
Resplendent Destiny.jpg
45KB, 634x350px
>>48609568
>>
File: not plagiarised.png (615KB, 535x691px) Image search: [Google]
not plagiarised.png
615KB, 535x691px
>>48609584
>>
>>48609629
>>
File: Chosen of Secrets.jpg (277KB, 620x808px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen of Secrets.jpg
277KB, 620x808px
On the subject of Sidereals, does anyone have any good stories involving them? They're one of my favourite splats but they got shafted in 2e.
>>
So, are perfect attacks and defenses still in the game? Please, please let them not be in this shit. Hell, I can handle perfect defenses as long as there aren't perfect attacks.
>>
>>48609694
All I got.
>>
>>48609731

They are very few and far between, and are subject to heavy limitations. Perfect Parry is based on how much Initiative on it and Perfect Dodge can only be used once per scene.
>>
>>48550067
But which one is the real gun?
>>
>>48609503
I love it, it has been done.
>>
>>48609765
What are the limitations on the perfect attacks, then? They're what really ruined 2e combat, not the defenses.

Also, I really like how combat works in theory. It's creative. But is it any good in practice? What kind of major issues has any anon here noticed?
>>
>>48609814
There are no perfect attacks.
>>
>>48609814
>not the defenses
Oh ho ho ho ho, that's completely incorrect.

Nobody NEEDED perfect attacks to kill everyone, baseline, no charms, just a big weapon could one hit quit basically anyone. Without Perfect Defenses, even if you dodged 99% of attacks, eventually you would get hit which means you'd be dead. Perfect Attacks were a waste of resources.
>>
File: Single Point - Steel Devil.jpg (133KB, 736x1124px) Image search: [Google]
Single Point - Steel Devil.jpg
133KB, 736x1124px
>>48609814

Do only Perfect Attack that I can recall off the top off my head is the capstone for Single Point, it requires a Difficultly 5 gambit and can't be used a second time until you bring your initiative, and your swords, up to 11+.
>>
>>48609860
... Right. That seems really fucking obvious, now that I think about it. Perfect defenses trump perfect attacks, so there was no point in using them at all. I knew this and still was a faggot. My bad.
>>
>>48609904

Given that a Difficulty 5 gambit is in itself an attack, I wouldn't class that as a perfect.
>>
>>48609981

The charmtext explicitly states that "The swordsman need not roll an attack to execute this gambit" Presumably theyjust roll initiative and if they get 5+ successes, they make the attack.
>>
>>48610033

Wow, that's some really shitty charm writing.
>>
>>48610060

Yet somehow also par for the course of Ex3.
>>
Gods can craft artifacts, right? One of my players wanted an artifact made by a god, but all the artifact write-ups I've seen cite some twilight craftsnerd or other, with a minortiy being made by the dragonblooded.

Could an enterprising spirit or elemental whip up an artifact? If so, about what level would that cap out at? Artifact 3?
>>
I've been playing a Twilight with Lore 5, sailing around the West and tinkering with experimental shipcraft. I defined my Lore training as being mostly history, and I've been trying to figure out how to have fun with the Fact mechanic. What are some fun things to do with Facts?
>>
>>48613489
>Gods can craft artifacts, right?
Definitely.

>Could an enterprising spirit or elemental whip up an artifact? If so, about what level would that cap out at? Artifact 3?
Depends on the spirit. Minor forge gods I wouldn't allow to craft artifacts at all, but if it's like, Hrund, the God of All Blacksmiths, he can probably make an artifact 5, maaaaybe an N/A if something exceptional was up.
>>
>>48613630
Introduce dig sites.
>>48615216
There was no need for that, we were only page 8.
>>
>>48613630

Introduce historical/cultural/mythic tropes into civilizations, that you can then exploit. One of my characters introduced the fact that rainbows were considered lucky in An-Teng, so people were favourably disposed to his flock of crystal wasp demons who were refracting all over the place.

I was trying to bluff my way through a certain encounter as a plumber come to fix the pipes, but I had no actual ability to repair plumbing. So I introduced a fact that plumbing in Creation isn't a matter of hyroengineering, but of harmonious energy flows, and placating the gods of the pipes, which let me use my occult skills to fix the pipes.
>>
>>48609155
Everything.

It is objectively one of the worst system to homebrew with. It is extensive, completely targeted toward one single thing (D&D high fantasy), unwieldy and quirky.

There is a reason why every d20 that wasn't D&D died a painful death (Star Wars, Modern, etc) or changed so much and added so many things it isn't really a d20 anymore (M&M).

D20 is decently fine for D&D. It's decent when you want to play a level 15 wizard fireballing some dragons. It is not when you want to play a space commando fighting against rebels, or a modern journalist trying to investigate a murder.
>>
>>48608890
>d20 Exalted
>Attributes: Physique, Reaction, Endurance, Cognition, Persuasion, Poise
oh hi Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Charisma, Other Charisma (Exalted of course having no Wisdom stat for setting reasons)

> Attributes are the basic intrinsic abilities of a character. Abilities are things that a character has trained in. When making a roll, find the most relevant Attribute and Ability combination, then modify the result by any additional factors, such as Styles and Stunts.
And then roll 1d20 + your skill modifier against the DC of the challenge...

Look, either declare for D&D and be a compatible D&D module/repaint/thing that uses attributes and skills,
or declare against D&D and steal only the good bits of D&D (and maybe not even those, for the sake of grognards who think there aren't any).

Not this shit that steals large chunks of D&D for no visible reason, importing a ton of bad bits while not even getting the advantage of being able to plug in D&D players because they'll stumble over the cracks where you glued a chunk of D&D to a chunk of Mass Combat and papered over the gaps.
>>
>>48610060
How so? It does exactly what it says it does.

(its not even a great charm)
>>
>>48609155

Variance
>>
>>48617297

So you have a standard rules element (an attack), then you have a special-case of that standard element (a gambit). That's fine. But then you have a charm that uses references the special case, then undoes half of the process the special case describes.

Don't say "this is a gambit, except you don't roll an attack roll", just increase the cost of the charm by 6i, and say "roll your initiative pool against a Difficulty of 5, before the cost of this charm is deducted. " There's no need to pull in all the special rules about gambits when you're not actually using them.
>>
>>48617577
TBF dicepool has a pretty big-ass variance too. Throwing for example 15 dice, your bottom 5% (the equivalent of nat 1s) is 3- successes and your top 5% is 12+ successes.

Or at the lower end, a professionally trained mortal (Ability 2) with particular aptitude for his task (Attribute 3) has something very close to the asshole DM's rule that natural 1 critically fails anything - the mortal has 4.6% chance of rolling a botch on his five dice. Meanwhile he also has a 9.9% chance of DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE and rolling five or more successes on those same dice. (3.1% chance of six or more.)
>>
>>48617777
Witnessed
>>
>>48617777

Yeah, they both can produce extreme values, but that's not what variance is. Variance describes the average distance from the mean.

If you throw 15d10, your results are going to cluster around 7.5. While if you throw a d20, you have absolutely no clue what face it's going to show - there's a 5% chance for every value.

With a d20, at level 1, you have a 5% chance of rolling any given value; at level 20, you have a 5% chance of rolling any given value. Even if the extrreme values show up roughly the same percentage of the time, your Exalted dice pools are going to be less swingy - and swinginess will decrease as you increase your dicepool (as it should be - experts should be consistent).

Even just rolling 2d10 results in a bell curve, which is much more desirable to me than the flat line a d20 gives.
>>
>>48618354
I will agree that in the mathematical sense, Exalted has the lower variance on its numerical results.

I would still argue that Exalted has the higher experienced variance in terms of what outcomes those numbers cash out to. In the mortal example, "botch" and "godlike" are both within the 5% range, as a result of them being close in numbers. Whereas d20 systems tend to space out their effective outcomes further apart on the number line, so a guy with +10 skill bonus will never get a worse-than-zero result, nor will he be able to access the epic skill effects like swimming up a waterfall (DC 80).
>>
>>48616805
But I'm not using a d20 system, I'm just using a d20 as the standard dice.
>>48616959
But I'm not stealing anything from D&D. At all. You retards.
>>
>>48620794
>But I'm not stealing anything from D&D. At all. You retards.
The point isn't the exact source from which you got it. The point is that your stats are D&D-minus-wisdom. Your skill checks are D&D-with-funny-names. Your system is littered with D&D-but-slightly-adjusted all over the place. Regardless of whether you deliberately cloned this or not, it's still retarded: you're going to piss off the people looking for D&D because they'll keep hitting sharp edges of difference, and you're going to piss off the people looking for not-D&D because this looks hella D&D.
>>
>>48609155

Same problem with trying to run Exalted with, say, Eclipse Phase. The system is not conducive to the narrative.
>>
>>48620871
Or my Attributes are Exalted minus a few, and my skill checks are nothing like D&D's skill checks. For instance, in D&D fighting isn't a skill checks, ect.
>>48620897
But I'm not using THE d20 system, I'm using A d20 system. There's a difference.
>>
>>48608890
How many hours in Paint did you spend on this?
>>
>>48620996
About a billion.
>>
Can someone clarify the differences between the Underworld and Malfeas?
Like where do ghosts go, where do demons hang out, how to access them through shadowlands or walking along a desert etc?
>>
>>48622617
The Underworld is where ghosts go. Demons do not hang out here. The corpses of the Neverborn are here; the Neverborn are the slain bodies of the Primordials defeated in the war, still flickering with false life and trying to destroy Creation even though they're dead. You can access it via shadowlands.

Demons hang out in Malfeas. Ghosts do not hang out here. This is God's butthole, in that, Theion, the creator, was mangled and turned inside out, and this is his body. The Yozi, the defeated Primordials who surrendered to the Incarnae and Exalted at the close of the Primordial War, are here. You can access it via desert.
>>
>>48622617
The Underworld is the flipside of Creation. It contains ghosts, other deaders, the Mouth of the Void, the deathlords, the neverborn, etc. It connects to Creation through shadowlands.

Malfeas is the Demon Realm. It has no normal connections to Creation. It is the home of Malfeas (yeah, he's both the place and he lives in there, he got turned inside out, long story) and the other primordial titans and demons.
>>
>>48622617

Underworld = Western Gothic. Somber world illuminated by the passions and obsessions of the people within it. Most ghosts live here. They can be accessed by shadowlands.

Malfeas = Garish Brass. Alien and noisy land where dog eats dog and there's never a moment's peace. Pretty much all demons live here. Malfeas can't normally be accessed at all except by rare secret gateways that--yes--are found in wastelands.
>>
>>48622617
>Can someone clarify the differences between the Underworld and Malfeas?
Underworld = shadowy mirror of Creation filled with ghosts who evaded Lethe

Hell = Prison of the enemies of the Gods and their souls

>Like where do ghosts go
Ghosts = souls who reject lethe and linger. Alernate between Underworld and Creation.

>where do demons hang out
At the skatepark with all the other cool kids.

>how to access them through shadowlands or walking along a desert etc?
Shadowlands exist in both Creation and the Underworld. Daytime, they let you pass from Under to World, at daytime you pass from world to Under
>>
>>48622617
>Like where do ghosts go
The Underworld.

>where do demons hang out
Malfeas.

Underworld is the afterlife that shouldn't be, filled with dead things that refuse to move on. It can be accessed through shadowlands, by...simply exiting a shadowland at night, I think?

Malfeas is Hell, the prison of the Yozis, their souls and lesser demons. It can be accessed through a few different ways, but they all take five days and include walking through the desert Cecelyne surrounding Malfeas.
>>
>>48622678
>It has no normal connections to Creation

Solars disagree

>By ascending above a solid cloudbank and setting a course for a certain star in the constellation of the Mask, the sorcerer may fly for five days and five nights without rest. Gradually, without his notice, the clouds below will shift from white mist to silver sands, the sky will turn a bilious green, and the borders of Malfeas will loom before him.
>>
>>48622760
>normal

As in "not using Sorcery" you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>48622788
>sorcery isn't normal ij a world where sorcery exists

nah fampai
>>
>>48622788
_Solar Circle_ sorcery, to boot.
>>
>>48622798

Uh, no, it isn't. Just like "being the strongest man ever" is not normal, even though--by definition--you exist in a world where a strongest man exists.
>>
>>48622760
Any fuckwit mortal can at any time walk into a shadowland to pass between Creation and the Underworld. This is a normal connection to Creation.

What you're describing is a Solar Circle spell, which *nobody* can do at the default starting point of the setting, which Solars can *theoretically* learn if they have years to raise Essence and more years to study sorcery and the opportunity to learn this specific spell, and then it takes five days of travel to get from Creation to Malfeas.

So dear >>48622617 , here's the difference in access.
>>
It's called Adamant Circle Sorcery, so anyone with an adamant artifact can lean it
>>
File: solar.png (222KB, 396x604px) Image search: [Google]
solar.png
222KB, 396x604px
>>48622878
It's called Solar Circle Sorcery.
>>
>>48622912
Nowhere in the 3e core does it say non-Solars are incapable of learning Solar Circle Sorcery

Stop sucking of 2e terminology like it's canon
>>
>>48622878
>anyone with an adamant artifact
I'll just strap on my adamant artifact helment and fire myself out of my adamant artifact cannon down to adamant artifact land where adamant artifacts grow on adamant artifact trees, shall I?
>>
>>48622941
That picture is from the 3e core, you fucking retard.
>>
>>48622981
And nowhere does it say non-solars are barred from the top level of sorcery, whih 2e explicitely did
>>
>>48622941
>and the Solar Circle—for only the Solar Exalted could master the last

>The Lunar and Sidereal Exalted may master the Terrestrial and Celestial Circles, but the final secrets of the Solar Circle elude them. Dragon-Blooded, Liminal Exalted, and mortals are only capable of initiating into the Terrestrial Circle.
>>
>>48622941
>>48623003

>In the Old Realm, these were called the Terrestrial
>Circle, the Celestial Circle, and the Solar Circle—for only
>the Solar Exalted could master the last.
>>
File: solar sorcery 3e.png (321KB, 632x550px) Image search: [Google]
solar sorcery 3e.png
321KB, 632x550px
>>48623003
Stop posting, you fucking mong, you're blind as well as retarded.
>>
>>48623016
>if I post lies people will believe me
>>
>>48623033
>the Core sucks of Solars like they're going out of fashion
>statements in the core book are advisory at best

First day in this thread
>>
Well at this rate it seems like we have a subject picked out for next thread: sorcery edition
>>
>>48623100
"It doesn't say"
It does.
"It doesn't say"
Here, look where it says.
"That's advisory"
Yiff in hell, furfag.
>>
>>48622798
Is, say, having four X chromosomes normal? That's a thing that happens. Is killing and eating children normal? Is being Bill Gates - not as rich a sBill Gates, specifically Bill Gates - normal? Is it normal for one person to be hit by lighting multiple times over the course of his life? Are Siamese twins normal? How do you define 'normal', anon?
>>
File: River Of Cars.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
River Of Cars.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>48623136
>>
>>48623101
"Who is the core book to contradict my headcanon" edition seems more appropriate.
>>
File: Minikin.png (114KB, 287x311px) Image search: [Google]
Minikin.png
114KB, 287x311px
>implying anyone's rules but mine matter
>>
File: 1438523518759.png (76KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1438523518759.png
76KB, 420x420px
>>48622941
>>48623003
>>48623035
>>48623100
>>
File: All The Cakes.png (792KB, 925x609px) Image search: [Google]
All The Cakes.png
792KB, 925x609px
>>48623552
>all me

wow, I feel bad now
>>
So What power level are Liminals? Terrestrial like dragonblooded or Celestial sidereals or lunars?
>>
>>48623650
Terestrial, except when they'e not
>>
File: Tummyrub.png (328KB, 321x874px) Image search: [Google]
Tummyrub.png
328KB, 321x874px
>>48623573
>posting the horrible PS1 version
>>
>>48625043
wtf?
>>
File: 1461179670155.png (774KB, 1068x688px) Image search: [Google]
1461179670155.png
774KB, 1068x688px
>>48625043
>>
File: Da fuck man.jpg (387KB, 816x948px) Image search: [Google]
Da fuck man.jpg
387KB, 816x948px
Reading the Exalted 3rd edition book (or any exalted book for that matter) for the first time when I saw this.

I like this book.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.