[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that make you drop a group/game in an instant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 41

File: 1376690258468.jpg (1MB, 897x861px) Image search: [Google]
1376690258468.jpg
1MB, 897x861px
>The GM tells you that your martial build is cheesy because you can deal shitloads of damage in one turn.
>Says nothing to the mage who consistently ends every major encounter before anyone else gets a turn.

Why is this allowed?
>>
Have you tried NOT playing D&D 3.5 and later?
>>
There are a lot of red flags to watch out for in new D&D players:

> children ("oh sorry I can't come this weekend I have to watch the little guy while my wife is out fucking other men")
> part-time job with unstable schedules ("oh sorry I can't come I have to work that night")
> women ("oh teehee which one is the d20 again?")
> fat people ("oh did I eat all the potato chips? heh, sorry")
> anime faggots ("why won't you let me base my characters off of helsing??")
> people who laugh too much ("lololol I want to play a retarded bard with 5 Int HAHA I ROLLED A NATURAL 20 YOU HAVE TO LET ME DO IT")
> edgelords ("but drow are a core race now. why can't I play one? what do you mean I'll get lynched in every fucking village I go to??")
> gay people ("but the book says I can play as a gay man! I'm gonna go hit on every man in teh city to make the DM uncomfortable. Wait why is my character getting stabbed to death by the town guard??")
> New DMs ("lol so I'm going to basing this campaign off of Skyrim")

Fuck em. All of em. This really should be added as a sticky in advice for DMs of which players to avoid.
>>
File: bork laser.jpg (69KB, 910x720px) Image search: [Google]
bork laser.jpg
69KB, 910x720px
>GM/one of the players models their GM-ing/playstyle after /tg/ memes or acts like a stereotypical grouchy /tg/ grognard
>GM/one of the players genuinely believes in /pol/ memes
>>
>>48524576

Listen, I'm aware of its issues and I was just joining a game for nostalgia and to fill out a few hours on a Thursday evening.

But my fucking issue was, why do so many GM's have an issue with martials actually killing enemies in one turn, yet mages can actively end whole encounters in one turn, to the detriment of everyone else's agency, yet nobody gives a shit because "lol, magic?"
>>
>>48524694
>my grandfather taught me to play OD&D when I was eight years old
>people with part-time jobs can still tell their boss they can't work one night a week as long as they let them know starting a couple weeks in advance
>there are women who've played their whole lives
>fat people can still not eat all of someone else's food
>people who like anime can just not base everything on anime
>people who laugh too much can be told to calm down a little
>edgelords can be told to reign it in
>gay people can just not try to fuck everyone, and it's not like a DM is going to like you trying to fuck every single female NPC either
>all DMs are new at first
I know you're trolling, but fuck off.
>>
>>48524694
>straight men ("I'm gonna slap the bar wench on the ass! That's unarmed strike, right?")
>white people ("So orcs are basically niggers, right?")
>people from /tg/ ("What is this shit? Fuck no I'm not playing D&D, why would I do that when I have this homebrew game I've been working on for years. Help me playtest it")
>>
>>48524854

> your grandfather was no longer raising children

> you're joking if you think people making 7.50 an hour are going to give up their precious 20 bucks to game with you. People who work in retail / fast food are invariably selfish fucks.

> most women have not played RPGs their whole lives and are there to soak up attention

> fat people DO eat everyone else's food, how the fuck do you think they got fat?

> people who like anime base half their fucking characters off of some anime. Unless to you "liking anime" means some faggot who watches Attack on Titan. I hate anime but even I know that's casual tier

> gay RPG players are cancer

> most new DMs never improve and railroad the fuck out of everyone
>>
>>48524835
>But my fucking issue was, why do so many GM's have an issue with martials actually killing enemies in one turn, yet mages can actively end whole encounters in one turn, to the detriment of everyone else's agency, yet nobody gives a shit because "lol, magic?"

That's not agency you fucktard, agency is your control over your fucking character which is not violated by the fact that you are inferior at your job. Your fault for picking that class, and no one else's.
>>
>>48524941
To be fair, orcs ARE basically niggers.
>>
>>48525248
Anon, have you considered that you were the cancer all along?
>>
>>48525261

So just because I decided to roll a martial, it means that I, and everyone else in the party who rolled lower than the resident mage, should just resign ourselves to being background characters to the mage who had the good fortune of picking a class that can end every single encounter before anyone else gets a turn?

Shit like that is why I dropped my last group, the mage gets to render my involvement moot with only one of his many game-ending spells but I get accused of being a power gamer because I can deal like 60 damage on average?

The fuck sense does that make?
>>
File: 1461991248590.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1461991248590.gif
4MB, 320x180px
>>48525383

It doesn't. Getting a better DM/Group makes sense.

Also, pic related for >>48524694
>>
>>48525383
>Shit like that is why I dropped my last group, the mage gets to render my involvement moot with only one of his many game-ending spells but I get accused of being a power gamer because I can deal like 60 damage on average?

Yep

>>48525383
>The fuck sense does that make?

It's called, get good at the game.
>>
Worst thread on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>48525528

Now I remember why I stopped playing 3.5 for a couple of years.

Too much NOFUNALLOWED faggotry.
>>
>>48525711

Yeah, third edition tends to attract the shitters.

Best just to ignore them, let them enjoy their game, and thank god that they're not shitting up your community.
>>
>>48525851
>>48525711

What? I'm talking about 5e..........
>>
>>48525935

Oh, so you're an idiot.

For the record, 5e doesn't have any SoL/SoD spells and if they do, I've never seen them in the months we've been playing it.
>>
>>48526012
>For the record, 5e doesn't have any SoL/SoD spells and if they do, I've never seen them in the months we've been playing it.

And that's part of why 5e is utter shit.
>>
>>48526081

>Waaaaah, why can't my mage end everything in one turn?
>>
>>48526106

> wahhhh why can't I play a viable monk or ranger???
>>
If:

>Game has more than 4 players (including DM)
>Players have characters of the opposite gender
>Elves or kender are playable races
>Group members meet sociably outside of roleplaying
>Game is held in a "public" place, like a game store
>Equipment is bought at character creation

RUN
>>
File: 9283h92f283hf.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9283h92f283hf.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>48525248
Have to agree with most of this. I have actual experience with most of them... Most recently I ran a game where a player was "trans" who was ALSO an avid anime fan. Hnnnnggggg!

Jesus Christ if they didn't bring up the fact that they were trans every chance he/she/it got. OH -- and their character was based on April O'Neil from the weeaboo-fied version of TMNT.
>>
File: 4ElementMonk.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
4ElementMonk.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48526416

Actually, there are remasters for monks and rangers floating around, which is very welcome in my opinion.
>>
>>48526416
Only one out of the 4 monk subclasses has much issue, and the others are quite solid. Hunter Rangers are also decent, while its mainly Beastmasters who struggle.

And the gap is certainly narrower between the worst 5e classes and the best 5e classes compared to the same in 3.5.
>>
>>48526416
>Implying you can do that in 3.5
>>
>>48526617
So you never play any games?
>>
>>48525528
>It's called, get good at the game.
He managed to do more damage than the GM was expecting. That sounds like he got good to me.

The GM complained. Which sounds like a GM who doesn't want players to get good.
>>
>>48526617
Aside from the kender, what's wrong with the rest of those? Especially, what's wrong with meeting sociably outside of roleplaying?
>>
>>48525248
>> you're joking if you think people making 7.50 an hour are going to give up their precious 20 bucks to game with you. People who work in retail / fast food are invariably selfish fucks.

They won't just be giving up the time they spend playing. They will likely have to give up the entire shift so that it can be given to someone else.

Maybe more. Some bosses will tell their staff that they either work the assigned shift or they get fired.
>>
File: 1455761393454.gif (983KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1455761393454.gif
983KB, 500x377px
>>48524400
>playing a "low powered" pathfinder game
>make a blaster mage
>no traits, no crossblooded sorcerer
>gm super upset because i can do the same damage as the fighter three times a day
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 460x593px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 460x593px
>>48524941
I keked
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 3000x3000px
>>48525248
>>
File: funny-weird-baby.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
funny-weird-baby.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
I will silently gather my things and leave if
>DM uses "like" as a filler
>DM or anyone else has facial hair
>anyone wearing a shirt with any kind of image or pattern on it
>I sneeze three times in the first session and don't get exactly two "bless you"s
>anyone left-handed sitting closer to the restroom than I am
>a female player playing a human or half-orc character
>any player who isn't directly related to the DM works in emergency services
>>
>>48527676
Autism
>>
>human only pcs
>elves exist in the setting

No, nope, no way.

It has always ended in Tolkien level wank for the elves that will be better than humans in every way. I have seen 6 different dms over three group do this that I now just find a reason to drop after it.
>>
File: sss.jpg (21KB, 380x252px) Image search: [Google]
sss.jpg
21KB, 380x252px
>>48524694
Look, it's That Guy.
>>
>>48529584
I would think that if they met socially outside of gameplay, that means it's LESS likely they're autistic.

Also, many autistic people still get lonely and crave friendship, even if they aren't very good at social interaction.
>>
>>48529494
>anyone left-handed sitting closer to the restroom than I am

literally worse than hitler
>>
>DM uses "hardcore" to describe the game
>Any players are blatantly furries / pony freaks.
>>
>>48529494
Seems like you should silently gather your things and leave this planet.
>>
>>48529687
What does the former denote in the context of RPGs? Old school/challenge-based dungeon crawly stuff? Or something else?
>>
>>48526779

5e is pretty much 4e reskinned without the understanding of what healing surges are.

Shit's estus.
>>
>>48529720
He is probably not a friend of the Midnight setting.
>>
>>48525383
Have you tried not playing with shit groups? I played 3.PF for years, usually as a martial, and never had problems being relevant in combat.
>>
>>48527950
>Some bosses will tell their staff that they either work the assigned shift or they get fired.

I worked part time for a long time, and this was never the case. Everyone has shit going on besides work, and the boss' job is to schedule around it.
>>
>>48529494
>DM or anyone else has facial hair
Good to know how to keep you out of my games, should you ever wander into my flgs.
>>
>>48529598
Eh, we're in the Curse of Strahd module now, and our DM told us that the Barovians are so twitchy and insular they'll freak out over a non-human. He didn't want us having that keep getting in the way whenever we got to a town.
I mean we're a six person party so any time savers are useful, but I don't think he's "too beautiful and noble" kind of guy.
>>
>>48529971
Normal elves okay.

Using elves as a means to throw in magic wielding enemies in a game where casters are banned is shit. Also fuck anyone who has this type of game, they have obviously magical items described to us that only work for elves.
>>
>>48529720
I don't mind challenge based dungeon crawls, but if the GM defines the game as "hardcore" I'll bail the fuck out. I die enough by myself as is.
>>
File: image.jpg (257KB, 1200x752px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257KB, 1200x752px
>>48529895
Have shit job, can confirm
>>
>>48524694
top meme
>>
>>48526012
So, none of the people you were playing with cast Contagion.

5e has the worst fanboys. Not only do they REEE whenever anyone mentions 3e, the claims they make aren't even true.
>>
>>48529494
>>
>wants to run or suggests playing some shit game with undo points featured anywhere but in some obscure and shitty luck related optional class
nope, you said this was going to be a role playing game, retard. if you want to play pretend without dice that's fine, but don't pretend you are playing a game
>>
Kind of a dumb nitpick, I know, but I have an issue with anyone who goes on at length about how great and/or badass their character is before a game even begins.

Also, anyone who goes out of their way to be edgy and/or wacky randum xD! basically means I'm guarandamnteed to leave the group.
>>
>>48527676
I think that the group being people who meet outside of the game doesn't work if they're playing in a public space, if some members aren't meeting outside of the game, or if it started as a game group first and then started meeting.

I only play D&D with my bros though, we flexibly schedule, and it's good time.
>>
File: 1461726285099.png (182KB, 419x302px) Image search: [Google]
1461726285099.png
182KB, 419x302px
>>48530101
Why the Dr. Who twins couldn't use their time wobbly stuff to save her???? Whyyyyy???!!!
>>
File: ME_IRL.jpg (35KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
ME_IRL.jpg
35KB, 500x250px
>>48525248
>> fat people DO eat everyone else's food, how the fuck do you think they got fat?

I became fat by sitting on my ass and buying more food than thin people (it also helps my crippling depression in very short bursts). You don't have to be a thief to be a lardass.

I know you are trolling, but there are people that actually believe that shit.
>>
File: 1467924865438.gif (529KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1467924865438.gif
529KB, 625x626px
>>48525248
>>
>GMPC's.
>Mark Rein-Hagen
>Players or GM's with no volume control.
>GM plays favorites with friends or significant others.
>Nasty play area/ hygiene of the other players.
>Angst.
>Snuff film adventures.
>Accusations of meta-gaming when trying to teach new players the rules.
>Magical Realm.
>Angst, which is Mark Rein-Hagen's Magical Realm.
>>
>>48524694
>children ("oh sorry I can't come this weekend I have to watch the little guy while my wife is out fucking other men")
>edgelords ("but drow are a core race now. why can't I play one? what do you mean I'll get lynched in every fucking village I go to??")
Gee, how does it work refusing to play D&D with yourself?
>>
>>48526664
Can you post this in Google drive and link it?
>>
>>48529720
From what I've seen, any DM who describes a game as "hardcore" is going to try for a "difficult but fair" game but will fuck it up. Either it'll be a cakewalk and the DM will get increasingly frustrated or there will be periodic "rocks fall" moments because the players didn't notice that thing the DM didn't mention.
>>
>>48530081
>only work for elves
To be fair, if I was an Elf making some sweet magic items for some Elf friends of mine and those muggle Humans didn't have magic at all, I would seriously consider making the enchantments specifically so that they only worked for Elves.

iirc 3.X has something like this you can do under the cursed items section, and I assume you can pull it off with some splatbook or another in AD&D but I'm not familiar with which one.
>>
>>48524694
>NEET gets angry at people with a social life.
>>
>>48524576
I have tried playing 4th but we can never gather enough players
>>
>>48525248
I'm fat because I have the metabolism of a lizard b8man.
>>
>>48526617
>Instantly leaving the table because a single player has a PC who's the opposite gender.

So you're telling me you've not once got bored playing the same computer game that you played inverse gender? You're telling me you've never enjoyed a book with a female protagonist?

>Not liking Elves.

>Not liking any social interaction. Not even "Hey, wanna meet up this weekend for a BBQ?"

...So if you're not buying equipment or items in character creation I'm guessing there aren't many roleplaying games you actually do play.
>>
>>48528321
>Anon complaining about Pathfinder/3.5.
>>
File: asshole complaint.jpg (64KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
asshole complaint.jpg
64KB, 640x368px
>>48524694
>>48525248
>>
>>48529598
>Anon pissed he can't be a sexy Elven boy.
>>
File: 40000 keks.png (96KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
40000 keks.png
96KB, 200x300px
>>48529494
Excellent, m8
(assuming you are not serious)
(why does /tg/ assume every foolish thing is unironical?)
>>
File: image.jpg (492KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
492KB, 1920x1080px
>>48531384
Same
>>
File: Not_Sure_Fry.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Not_Sure_Fry.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>>48524694
>>48525248
>>
>>48531522
>Mark Rein-Hagen
Who?
>>
I once dumped a game because one of the players was a weeaboo with a terrible speech impediment that made it nigh impossible to understand her, and that sort of thing really grates on my nerves. That and she had a habit of telling other players to shut up so she could have the spotlight, and because I found it creepy that a 40-ish woman with an anime obsession was hanging around a university role playing club.
>>
>>48524400
>Things that make you drop a group/game in an instant
If any of them post on /tg/
>>
>>48524576
Are you implying that 3rd edition is fine?
>>
>>48532039
Game designer and writer that pops a boner over pain and suffering. Dude wrote a game about being a tortured soul in hell. He's the main reason why the World of Darkness setting sucks so much.
>>
>>48529971
>our DM told us that the Barovians are so twitchy and insular they'll freak out over a non-human.
He's running Ravenloft right.
>>
File: checklist.png (52KB, 741x1088px) Image search: [Google]
checklist.png
52KB, 741x1088px
>>48529855
>I played 3.PF for years, usually as a martial, and never had problems being relevant in combat.
How? Literally, how? Caster supremacy is not a rare or randomly occurring problem, it's an innate flaw built into the bedrock foundation of the d20 system. Every time this discussion starts, one of you guys shows up and says "it's never been a problem for us", and none of you can explain how you dodged it. It's like you said "I've been driving my car with a missing tire for years, and never had an issue"; it doesn't make any sense.

Look, I've taken the liberty of listing every possible means of averting casters making martials irrelevant I can think of and gathered them into this form, here. Please look it over and check all that apply to your group's playstyle.
>>
>>48531096

>So, none of the people you were playing with cast Contagion.

Apparently not. Then again, I don't think anyone has bothered playing a wizard yet so take that as you will.

>5e has the worst fanboys. Not only do they REEE whenever anyone mentions 3e, the claims they make aren't even true.

Even if contagion is powerful, it's still nowhere near as game-breakiing as the multitude of SoL/SoD spells that the average mage can afford to sling at no major cost in third edition.

I mean, contagion allows multiple saves, has a range of touch, and can still be affected by abilities and effects that lessen or remove diseases.

That, and it's a 5th level spell so, at best, you'll only be able to affect like three people before having to take a long rest to restore your spell slots.
>>
>>48524400
Party Splitting Motherfuckers.
People who can't accept it's a team.
>Playing Star Wars: EotE
>Not a perfect game, but it's fun and quite casual
>From the first part of the Campaign, this one motherfucker wants to go full murder-hobo and kill someone every other scene
>If it's 2 minutes of dialogue, he's looking for someone to kill or fight
>Every. Single. Scene. has to be about him / recognizing how great Scaley McDicksuck the Trandoshan Bounty Hunter is
>Actively threatening other players' characters in the RP
>Actively threatening their characters while out of character
>Other players just humbly bow to this, and I as GM have to actively prevent bullying
Ridiculousness. I never understood narcissism in a roleplaying game: it's supposed to be among friends, and it's supposed to be a bit of fun for all parties involved, but there's always one guy fucking things up.
>>
>>48532000
Yeah, I was just being silly. I take shit on a case-by-case basis and have actually never dropped a campaign because of issues with anyone else, except in the one case where we all did because it wasn't just railroading but, "we literally didn't talk for half an hour while the DM had his self-created waifu and his retired player character eyefuck each other and then walk us through the Elemental Plane of Evil killing shit that was way too high level for us."
>>
File: TREBUCHET MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (88KB, 780x482px) Image search: [Google]
TREBUCHET MOTHERFUCKER.jpg
88KB, 780x482px
When there is a couple in the group and it's clear one of them is only there because they want to keep an eye on the other.

>Have long term group
>gf of one guy insists on joining us to make sure he won't cheat on her with all the straight men in our group
>whatever, maybe she'll get into it
>creates the most generic melee charaacter ever
>pisses about on her phone the whole time
>never does ANYTHING out of combat even when NPC's talk directly to her or situations are set up for her to deal with
>have to yell to get her attention
>doesn't pay attention in combat
>when she finalyl realises it's her turn she struggles to remember which minifig represents her.
>ONly ever does the same attack (double sword bash)
>has to be reminded of the modifiers each time

Eventually we stopped inviting her because it was clear she wasn't enjoying it. Then she got really pissed when she found out and tried to stop her bf from coming.
He chose us because he's a bro.

But srsly guize, Don't invite people to RPG's unless you know they're willing to get involved.
>>
>>48524400
>based on a cartoon
I don't watch cartoons, I don't get the references.
>>
>>48529598
Saying that tolkien "wanked" over elves is stupid. Modern fantasy elves literally didn't exist when Tolkien wrote. He wasn't picking a pre-existing concept and deciding to glorify them, he literally INVENTED modern elves. The "wanking" was the whole purpose for the elves to be in the story. They were supposed to make mythological civilizations and great heroes, and then be shown slowly going away from the world. There was no need to "balance" them against other races because it wasn't a fucking rpg setting
>>
>>48532000
same reason why /sci/ is one of the easiest boards to troll:
All that shit where you say "No one is that stupid. Everyone will surely recognize that I'm just joking."? There are people who really ARE that stupid.
>>
>>48532219
Having run Ravenloft back during 2nd Ed, yeah that does sound about right. The Barovians are a super paranoid folk. Given that anything non-human is usually out to eat them, and that demihumans are super rare, an elf could be mistaken for a vampire.
>>
>>48526617
>>Players have characters of the opposite gender
fuck off why does it matter to you if the game if helping my dysphoria?
>>
>>48530101
>female GM
>male players both have girlfriends
Not going to end well.
>>
>>48537789
>girlfriends
I take it you haven't played Bioshock Infinite, have you?
>>
>>48537820
I don't have a bf to game with.
>>
>>48532618
I'm another person who played 3.X for a while and didn't have (many) problems. The secret, essentially, is to play with people who are aware that 3.X is imbalanced (and in which ways) and who work to make sure they don't overshadow anyone else. For example, when I play a Wizard or something I focus on buffing the team and somewhat on debuffing the enemies. I don't drop encounter-ending spells, I don't min-max my save DC to ungodly levels (I try to get a high casting stat, sure, and I might pick up Spell Focus if I'm casting a bunch of stuff from one school, but that's about it), and I try not to barge into anyone else's niche.

iirc a lot of the point buy superhero games also have some pretty serious imbalances and at least a couple of them have a paragraph near the beginning saying something along the lines of "we know you can totally break this game and be a double-superpowered god. Please don't because that tends to ruin everyone else's fun."

Basically, just try to leave room for everyone else to have fun around you, and make sure you're in a group where everyone else is doing the same.
>>
>Anyone flirts with me OOC during session
>Anyone drinks more than one alcoholic beverage during session
>Homebrew classes or races allowed
>Anyone wants to bring his GF who has never gamed before to the session
>foxes anywhere in the game for any reason
>GM won't let me play evil alignments ever
>Starting at level 1 in 3.5
>VTM ST jokes about breaking rule 1 of LARP
>VTM ST uses excessive formal speech OCC.
>Excessive paraphernalia for any organized religion in your home
>Use of weed or illegal drugs during session
>Doesn't allow for bullshitting time before and after session
>I would be joining a game that's been going on for more than 4 sessions or so.
>>
>>48530101
The key is to not tell them you need off for tabletop. Make something up that sounds more important to normies.
>>
File: anons red flags.png (108KB, 1635x1053px) Image search: [Google]
anons red flags.png
108KB, 1635x1053px
>>48525248
>>48524694
I couldn't agree more. Since you'll never get a sticky I took the liberty of screencapping your list so it can be posted over and over.
>>
>>48532618
12 hour adventuring days instead of 5 minutes.
>>
>>48532618
12 hour adventuring days instead of 5 minutes.
>>
>>48525261
>Invalidating everyone else isn't removing their agency
yeah okay buddy sure thing
>>
>>48537950
>>foxes anywhere in the game for any reason

>While tracking down your quarry you notice various tracks of wildlife in the vicinity.
>Like what?
>Deer, rabbits, foxes, and a single set of dog prints
>AAAAARGHKDUUFJRBSKFHNRKDFJ FUCK YOU FUCK YOUR MAGIC REALM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48524694
>I don't want anyone who has or might ever do something of value with their life playing with me!
>>
>>48537950
>breaking rule 1 of LARP
what is it? "The first rule or LARP is you don't talk about LARP"?
>>
>>48538289
>if I clog up the initiative tracker with summons it's the other players' fault for not clogging up the initiative with their own abilities

t. ayn rand
>>
>>48538354
probably "don't talk about the sweaty goth orgies"
>>
>>48538390
>having no idea what Rand is about
>>
>>48537950
>Anyone flirts with me OOC during session
the problem solves itselves
>>
>>48538256

But the wizard wants to take a break and says we don't have any spells without resting. So the whole group just goes "well no because then you'd overshadow us again" sounds stupid. Not to mention a wizard has enough spells at level 5 to go through and end a few encounters by himself at least.
>>
>gaming sessions where I can't smoke week
I haven't played DnD not stoned since high school
>DMS with girlfriends that are players
Lost a group over that shit
>Meta gamers
Played with one for a long ass time
>Large groups
My last group had 8 people in it and everyone thought they were the main character. I just curled up into a ball and waited for the debating to stop
>Players who use chewing tobacco
Ever have a spit cup spill all over the table? It's not something you can just walk away from the same man as you were before
>Gaming in public settings
Those groups are always cringy as fuck and I have to get stoned before I go to the group. The chairs are uncomfortable. People come and watch you game and if you are a heavy role play character that shit can get awkward
>>
>>48538514
You obviously have never played under a GM who kept the rest of the world moving while you sleep 2 times in 24 hours. Besides, it's not realistic to be able to sleep for exactly 8 hours in any terrain at any time of day and no consequences will arise because you just decided to stop and sleep at 2 in the afternoon.
>>
>>48538514
>Level 5 wizard tries to end encounter with fireball
>Kills one enemy and all the others made saves
>They gank his ass on their initiative order.
>>
>>48538545
>Players who use chewing tobacco
>Ever have a spit cup spill all over the table? It's not something you can just walk away from the same man as you were before

It was a bottle for me. It didn't spill but it was gross as fuck to look at (and I'm a chain smoker)
>>
>>48532618
in my group all but one of us are aware of how easy it is to break the game and how to do it, so we just /don't/ break the game.
>>
>>48538699
Yeah..it's pretty fucking terrible when a viscous blob of nicotine and spit crawls over the table and drowns your minifigs like a fucking slime mold.
>>
>>48538731
I'm literally shaking thinking of that. Too many games of pretend.
>>
>>48538776
And that's why I don't play with people who chew tobacco at the table.
>>
>>48524400
>Things that make you drop a group/game in an instant
everyone calls the GM "DM"
>>
>>48538857
So you leave %100 of games?
>>
>>48538871

>100% of games use DM

My sides man. I seriously hope you're joking.
>>
>>48538871
pleb-tier gamer detected
>>
Furries.
>>
>>48538970
>>48538913
So you both instantly leave a game if someone says "hey DM, can you explain X?". Good to know.
>>
>>48529687
I played with a Furry... He actually was the fun one. Kobold thief, tried to steal from my character who was a better thief... Ended up having the two have freaky sex.
>>
>>48538985

No, I play D&D. However, I'm laughing at your ignorance of:

>Call of Cthulhu
"DM" is called the Keeper

>World of Darkness

"DM" is called the Storyteller

>Shadowrun
"DM" is called the Game Master or GM

And those are just well known examples.
>>
>>48539057
Furries.
>>
>>48530101
Had a shit job, and it was either: do the shift assigned to you, or you get one strike. Three strikes and you're fired.
If you're sick you need to actually see a doctor and get a note. No note? One strike.

Such is life in a 'right-to-work' state.
>>
>>48539025
We were all pretty good friends in RL, too, so the DM had no real problems.
>>
>>48539063

I take umbrage at your vile slander, sir.

Or were you trying to reply to someone else?
>>
>>48539116
Probably me?
>>
>>48538985
my bad. pleb-tier gamer *with shit-tier reading abilities* detected
>>
>>48538985
Just stop man they got you, it's OK to be wrong sometimes. Just take the defeat with grace.
>>
>>48526012
I've seen Fireball and Hypnotic Pattern just end encounters several times.
>>
>>48539057
DM is [most likely] faster and easier to say and everybody [probably] knows what you're talking about anyways, why bother with such long terms like 'Storyteller'
>>
>>48540126

>the point
>your head

Go back and reread some posts man. You're getting hung up on something that is an entirely different issue to what was being commented on.
>>
>>48540823
I've read every post in the thread.

I understand that >>48538871 's post can be inferred to be "Every system uses the term 'DM'" but I just assumed he was moreso saying "nearly everybody says 'DM' regardless of system.

I figured that instead of assuming he was clueless and was just saying things that were factually incorrect about system terms, he was saying the term is so popular that it's most unavoidable. The point of my comment was just that all terms for DM/GM/whatever else are all just synonyms anyways so it doesn't really matter as long as your group knows what you're talking about.
>>
>>48529971
>but I don't think he's "too beautiful and noble" kind of guy.
To be fair, that's basically what Barovians would probably think.
>It doesn't look grimdark as fuck? IT'S A TRAP! KILL IT!
>>
>>48541192
Even 2 minutes on this board will demonstrate to anyone that GM is a commonly used term.

DM is only used by people who are predominantly D&D gamers aka plebs. As such, it does not matter at all which term you use.

Therefore, if I am in a group of gamers who all use DM instead of GM, I can fairly certainly know what to expect: gamers who have limited experience with good or even great roleplaying games but rather gamers shaped by experiences with a mediocre RPG system.
>>
>>48542443
*it DOES matter which term you use
>>
>>48542464
Only if you're autistic. You know what the fuck I mean
>>
>>48543111
>le buzzword
If you know what I mean.
>>
>>48532618
I played a Cleric of Pelor in a D&D 3.5 campaign about 12 years ago.
>Full casting progression
>Multiclassed only into a full-casting prestige class
>Only limited to non-Evil spells, which are maybe 2% of Cleric spells and the Good versions are better anyway
>Took no trap option feats or equipment
>Full access to all Cleric spells I wanted
>Never had to use spell components unless they cost more than 5 gp
>No taint or skill checks involved in casting
>No restrictions on divine magic, it's Pelor's blessing for goodness sake
>Not Epic 6, went from 3rd to 17th level over a year of gaming
>3.5 rules, pre-Tome of Battle, so magic was incredibly overpowered

The party also included a Ranger / Barbarian / Fighter multiclass monstrosity, a Samurai (Complete Warrior) / Kensai, and a Rogue. My character was so hilariously overpowered compared to them that I decided he wouldn't even wear armour or carry any magic items. I acted like he has a Vow of Poverty without any of the benefits of the feat. My character was STILL leaps and bounds greater than them in practically every way. Didn't matter if we fought ten encounters in a row, I had enough spell slots by level 9 to keep everyone alive and buffed to high heaven. At high levels I even started Flame Striking enemies and that just make his damage completely unfair.

5-minute adventuring days never happened, we fought until I ran out of spells because that meant we were out of healing. My Cleric was the gas tank to the party's muscle car, a massive force multiplier that also determined our collective survivability.

Caster supremacy was real, folks. Still is in 5E, if my games have been any judge.
>>
>>48542443

>>people who like what I don't like have shit taste and are incapable of providing entertaining experiences for me

I mean sure, this is an opinion thread after all. I'm not going to stop you from ditching groups over using the "wrong" terms, but it just seems silly after a point.

I see/read/hear DM and GM and often don't even register which of the two was used. "Oh, the guy running the game, got it."
>>
>>48529494
>mfw I have facial hair
>mfw I wear a shirt with images on it
>mfw I am left handed

I guess we will never be friends
>>
File: well_pretty_much.jpg (52KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
well_pretty_much.jpg
52KB, 640x478px
>>48524694
>>48524854
>>
>>48532000
chequed
>>
>>48538620
On the one hand, casters tend not to be able to "end entire adventures with a single spell" quite as reliably as /tg/ thinks they can.

On the other hand, Fireball is definitely not the spell to try it with, unless you're playing pre-3e.
>>
File: NoFunAllowed.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
NoFunAllowed.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>48537950
>>
>>48524400
When the setting is combat oriented with no roleplaying.
>>
>>48524854
>Sjw fag
>>
File: 1408143378770.jpg (33KB, 420x443px) Image search: [Google]
1408143378770.jpg
33KB, 420x443px
>>48524400
>Never have played with anyone aside from close games
>Never have experienced a bad group or game in my life

From what I hear playing with random people is awful, why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>48544069
>Retard fag
>>
>>48532618
Oh shit, I've never seen that checklist before. Fucking saved.
>>
>>48525528
Ladies and gentlemen, I present exhibit A: B grade trolling. Notice the aggravating but direct responses to the post in question, with multiple addresses. The thing that it lacks is a clear deep understanding of the system, and a leading section to encourage further abuse. Both of these would give us some A grade trolling. If he could link it to tumblr, /pol/ or both, we'd have A+ or S grade.
>>
>>48544070
Why would you want to find out how much of a disgusting piece of filth your friends are?
>>
>>48524400
I bet if you bitch about it on the intrawebz enough, this will not be allowed anymore and eventually people will do what you want, specially those other seven billion plus people that doesn't know you
>>
What's up with all the bait threads tonight? Someone need some (You)s to feed their family or something?
>>
>>48529895
>>48530101
Lucky you, I used to live in a very economically depressed area. All the jobs were part time in all ways except by hours, and you were in danger of getting canned for any or no reason. Glad to be out of that area...
>>
>>48537950
What do you consider excessive? I have some crucifixes around maybe some prayers (can't remember if we've hung them up yet or not, just recently moved).

We have a holy water font sitting on the counter in the kitchen that we're trying to decide where to put it. So I obviously have organised religion paraphanelia about, but I don't have a wall covered in scripture verses or anything.

But a second beer over the course of 3+ hours is perfectly fine. Not even enough to get a buzz.
>>
>>48538985
>So you both instantly leave a game if someone says "hey DM, can you explain X?". Good to know.
Do people literally do that? Instead of calling someone by their name call them by the role they play in the game? Weirdos. The lot of them.
>>
>>48531908
you have the metabolism of a lizard because you're fat, workout anon, it's good for you
>>
File: BH56iDOCQAIu2Tn.png (548KB, 598x397px) Image search: [Google]
BH56iDOCQAIu2Tn.png
548KB, 598x397px
>>48537950
why do you hate foxes anon?
>>
>>48544820
But thats half the fun
>>
File: 1439312204395.jpg (227KB, 936x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1439312204395.jpg
227KB, 936x1236px
>>48524694

Wait... So you're such a shitty GM that you can't control your group to ANY degree? Are you just the silent butch of a GM? That let's people walk over them and shit talks behind their backs afterwards?
>>
>>48537950
>Starting at level 1 in 3.5

You are a bad person and you should feel bad.
>>
>>48532063
So you drop your self out every time?
How nice of you
>>
>>48531942
Not him, but I just find it harder to make what I consider to be a believable female character. More power to the people that can, my first attempt ended up with the general pretty girl that somehow has more testosterone than a jock in heat, and I feel like every time I see that female character type it's a male trying to do what he does to make his dudes badass to his girl.
Dunno, feel like chicks should have more intricate plots and goals, not just dudes with tits.
But that's me, one of my players excels at doing exactly that with his females so I leave it to him.
>>
>>48538620

No wizard worth his salt is going to go for direct damage.
>>
>>48529494
>I sneeze three times and don't get exactly two "bless you"s

Holy shit anon, I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>48524400
How many of your redflags would getting these signups trip up?

http://pastebin.com/gUMgsnZa
http://pastebin.com/F5nhrMeX
>>
>>48552108
>first one
>sarcastic, and almost constantly exerting the feeling of surrounded by idiots
>black hoodie and athletic pants, with tieless dress shoes
>bored, rich MIT student
>no real backstory, nothing very eventful has happened in his life
>Extreme Intelligence
>Drones: He has hundreds of them released into the city, watching, listening, speaking.
>with a small slot under the eye to place paper dollars
>Cyber Ninja
>bomb throwing anarchist
>Chaotic Neutral !!!
fug

>second one
>henchman of a villain
>ordinary person that's a garbage collector by day and amateur crime fighter by night
>former corrupt cop
>psychologically traumatized vigilante
>awesome shit for the hero worship
>all that other shit
seriously, what the fuck? I went to the second of his parts and I immediately said nope.

Are you the GM in this case? How the hell did you even let the second one go that far?
>>
>>48546105
>We have a holy water font
You literally have a fountain dedicated to magical waters? You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>48552331
Huh, no alarm at
>is not even in the city the game takes place in
?

Second one had a bunch of potential ideas in the first post before settling in for one in the other and pimping it to holy shit level.

>How the hell did you even let the second one go that far?
Trying to salvage the garbageman into workable character, then after he refused I didn't get a reply in before he posted the full sheet.
>>
File: holy water font.jpg (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
holy water font.jpg
78KB, 1000x1000px
>>48552638
No. Font not fount. It's a small container that you can hang on the wall and put holy water in. Pic related but not the one we have. Ours was a gift from an aunt that bought it in Ireland.

But thanks for calling me an idiot even though you had no idea what you were talking about.
>>
File: DMing 101.png (874KB, 930x639px) Image search: [Google]
DMing 101.png
874KB, 930x639px
>>48524400
>Any player or DM has children, isn't a straight white male, and/or has an active sex life
>Any player or DM appears to be satisfied with their employment or relationship status
>Any player or DM has any insufficiently-nerdy hobbies that they take with any degree of seriousness
>Any player or DM misses sessions for reasons that they are proud of
>Characters who seem happier than I am when introduced, but are not swiftly made miserable
>Magical healing does not leave appropriate scars (anime-tier 'cute' or 'sexy' scars are right out)
>No detailed rules for permanent injury, no social modifiers for excessive scarification
>Any playable race other than humans, elves, and dwarves
>Any reference to a video-game, movie, porno comic, or TV show anywhere in-universe.
>Houserules introduced mid-session, not compiled in a single complete document, or are unclear
>Any PC is a villain, working for a villain, or otherwise works against the interests of another PC
>>
>>48525274
I always saw them as Slavs, Tolkien seeing the rise of communism in the East as the great evil that was Sauron's rise.
>>
>>48552108

I've met players like that first guy. People who have absolutely no interest in actually participating with the group and instead want their own little mini story where they build up some kind of commercial and/or criminal empire. They always want to play rich, intelligent recluses who don't interact with the other party members on any level. It's fucking insane.
>>
>>48553349
Tolkien basically said he regretted making the orcs all evil and felt like he'd made a racist depiction of black people, and also his concern was actually about technology in general, not who owns property.
>>
>>48553182
I'm confused, half of these are reasonable and half are so batshit ridiculous that you must be joking.
>>
File: 1469501420149.jpg (108KB, 442x298px) Image search: [Google]
1469501420149.jpg
108KB, 442x298px
>>48544070

Not everyone has friends that are interested in Role Playing games mang.
None of my friends growing up were interested in Role Playing games.
I joined a games club in high school to try and find some people to play D&D with.
Little did I know I was walking into a straight shit show that would ruin my perception of not only role players in general but the games themselves for years because of how cancerous these folks were.
However sometimes finding random people with can work out great.
>>
>>48553723
I was doing batshit ones at first, then got bored and switched to some reasonable ones
>>
>>48553352
Are you just jealous because they have cooler ideas than you do? Nothing personel, kid.
>>
>>48554875

Well I mean if you count spending the entire game building a giant, underground bunker with full amenities and a secret passageway to an identical bunker in case the first is compromised solely so the guy can roll how how much money he as to spend on shit like tvs and limousines as a "cooler idea" then yeah I guess I am jealous.
>>
>>48538545
>...I have to get stoned before I go to the group. The chairs are uncomfortable. People come and watch you game....

Doesn't the weed makes it worse?
Asking, since I usually get super self-conscious after smoking.
>>
File: NPC Encounter Flowchart.png (69KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
NPC Encounter Flowchart.png
69KB, 700x906px
apparently this kills the autismo
>>
>>48556091
Yes, it is like ten times worse being watched while you roleplay stoned. That's another reason why I hate gaming in public.
>>
>>48553370
Orcs were a caricature of the mongol hordes, not africans. I don't think tolkien ever said they were, resembled or stood for black people on any way or form. He did regret making all orcs evil, but I think the other bit is false
>>
>>48532026
HAHAHAHA LOL XD

Funny meme my friend!
>>
>>48531908
>m-muh metabolism
No dumbass you're fat because you consume more calories than you burn. Get into shape.
>>
>>48525248

>My father taught my brothers and I to play D&D when I was 12

>My entire group IRL is made up of minimum wage workers who just make sure they get Thursday evenings off.

>I'm one of the most experienced (If not THE most experienced) players in the group.

>I'm usually the one asking where all the chips went.

>Our group's ranger who was literally based on "I don't know, he grew up in a hole and was raised by a wolf and a beaver?" is the biggest fucking anime nerd I know.

>My best friend, the gay guy, makes gay characters because that's what he's comfortable as, yet realizes that in a medieval society gay people are persecuted and thus keeps it secret.

>Our first-time DM has his villains do their thing while we do our thing. If we don't go stop them, well then that's our problem. If we fuck around growing herbs for a month, it's going to bite us in the ass. Conversely, if we manage to skullfuck one of his villains too early, he deals with it and lets us have a win.

How does it feel that my whole group of first-timers is better than everyone you've ever met?
>>
>the game isn't a storygame, but the GM plays challenge-centered games like D&D as if they were storygames, but without the things that give players agency in storygames

>we're playing a game like D&D or Shadowrun, but the GM "only kills player characters if it's dramatically appropriate."
>the GM fudges dice rolls
>>
File: therewego.png (345KB, 490x657px) Image search: [Google]
therewego.png
345KB, 490x657px
Much better
>>
>>48524400
"Core only"
>>
>>48564308
>the GM won't even kill my PC off if I lose

Not even kidding, this would do it for me.
>>
>>48564446
>Not even kidding
Neither was I.
>>
>people who complain about me getting shitfaced every session

Literally fuck off I like a drink or twelve
>>
>>48564552
Depends if you a dickwad when you're drunk or not. If you are, then I can see the problem.
>>
>>48544070
Because my actual close friends aren't into tabletop gaming. I got plenty of friends I can do casual, normie shit with. Pretending to be knights and rolling funny-shaped dice to see they can kill imaginary monsters to retrieve the sword of legends from the dungeons beneath Mount Greymist? And devoting several hours of their weekend to that silly shit? Not so much.

Kinda have to depend on gamefinder threads and roll20 to get my fix, then.
>>
File: tmp_4731-14671754337801334835888.png (534KB, 1156x999px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4731-14671754337801334835888.png
534KB, 1156x999px
>>48525248
>ree annamay is badd!!!!
This is 4chan, dumbass. An anime imageboard owned and operated by a Japanese national which is based on a Japanese website. If you don't like anime/manga, then leave.

All that said, you're mostly right.
>>
>>48567011
>Pretending to be knights and rolling funny-shaped dice to see they can kill imaginary monsters to retrieve the sword of legends from the dungeons beneath Mount Greymist

So why dont you try something more appealing? My normie friends enjoy Warhammer Fantasy and Only War a bunch since the setting and stories have a bit of grit in them.
>>
>When the game is at his ma's house
Drop it like it's hot
>When the "That Guy" try to get at ya
Park it like it's hot
>And if a GM get a attitude
Pop it like it's hot
>I got the gauntlet on my arm and I'm rollin' a Paladin
>And I roll the best stats cause I got it going on
>>
>>48543251
Not that anon but holy fuck does it not matter. I'm a fucking autist and I just think of it as just not mattering, people should just go with what their habits are. I know I haven't ever played a game of D&D but I'm still going to say DM
>>
>>48524576
his scenario literally can't happen in 5e.
>>
>>48550170
>Paralyze opponent for two rounds
>Piddly wizard can only use a dagger
>Enemy wakes up and slaps wizard for Xd8 damage, probably killing the wizard.
>>
>>48571240

Why would a wizard use a dagger when he has martials that can clean up the mess?
>>
>>48564442
You do know that most core systems are not broken to hell? Avoid 3.pf though
>>
>GM/player with an actively outspoken "muh deus vult mordhau fecthbuchs!"-tier interest in medieval history
You might think this could be fun, but no, having played with someone like that it really isn't. Hearing no end of smug criticism of every armor stud and knob on character art or combat tactics of random goblin encounters coupled with a healthy dosage of "dark enlightement" "muh medieval times were paradise" fedora get really old really fast.
>>
>>48571301
Because martial a would be in a party where they can do stuff. Wizards can go fuck themselves with unseen servant for all the fighter cares.
>>
>>48571377
>>GM/player with an actively outspoken "muh deus vult mordhau fecthbuchs!"-tier interest in medieval history
I don't even know what you're trying to say in those parenthesis because you dumbed it down so much to make your opinion look good enough to post.
>>
>>48571382

Until the martials realize that the only reason they've survived so far was because of the mages and liberal uses of magic.

That, and the resident wizard can either just summon creatures in to do his bidding for him or just use the money he's not spending on magic items to hire meatshields.

It sucks but playing a martial just isn't all that desired in 3.PF, especially when most creatures in the beastiary can match or exceed the Fighter's capabilities without being bogged down by having such a worthless character class shackled to their ankle.
>>
>>48571399
I'm guessing he means GMs that are dark-ageaboos, that focus on
A: Realistic fighting styles, thus "mordhau fechtbuch" and
B: the crusades, thus "deus vult"
and that romanticize the dark ages

>>48571377 is however free to correct me
>>
>>48571599
Yes that's it pretty much. I find those people to be the new weeaboos to be honest.
>>
>uses a GM screen
>>
>>48571502
Actually, the fighter has survived so long because of the cleric, not the blaster caster who doesn't care about friendly fire.
>>
>>48525261

Spotted the 3tard.
>>
>>48537697

Self-insertion is bad, mmmkay?
>>
File: 1469004556379.jpg (618KB, 1000x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1469004556379.jpg
618KB, 1000x1351px
>>48531979

This, elves are the ultimate Chads.
>>
>Virt
>>
>>48525248
God you're unpleasant
>>
>>48539025

Gas yourself.
>>
>>48530081

Who the hell even does this?
>>
>>48571946

Still a mage.
>>
>>48564308
>GM refuses to kill characters
Me too. I'm usually GM, but I played in a session with another guy GMing. He had a huge world and a storyline and shit, and the four of us started in the center of a huge bowl valley with no idea how we got there.

We had to figure out where the hell we were, avoid/kill bandits and monsters, etc. It was hard. Finally a PC died. We finished the encounter and kind of looked at the GM to see what now.
>you wake up in the center of the bowl with half health
There was no second session.
>>
>>48545027

Because literally the only reasons to come to /tg/ anymore are 1) making bait threads, 2) the OSR thread, 3) quest threads that still somehow exist here
>>
>>48529494
That is...oddly specific...
>>
I won't play if

>feminist asshole is playing either male or female
>dm makes the world a metropolitan utopia where everyone gets along making races, professions and country borders feel nearly pointless
>dm is an edgelord who acts like good people cannot survive in his world
>dm has character brutally raped or murdered to get at a player out of some fucked up sense of power or trying to prove an edgy point
>if the game has barely any roleplay and is go here, roll dice, get reward, go here etc
>dm forces everyone to focus on combat only
>player goes out of his way to make a obnoxious super special snowflake half vampire, half demon, half cat girl immortal
>dm hates paladins
>>
>>48575714
>feminist asshole is playing either male or female
emphasis on feminist or on asshole?
>>
>>48543251

No, I'm pretty certain if you care that much over whether someone is called a DM, GM, Storyteller, Keeper or something else, you genuinely are seriously autistic and it's not a buzzword any more.

I'm *actually* autistic and I think you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>48549288

>feel like chicks should have more intricate plots and goals, not just dudes with tits.

I don't know about you, but I prefer my dudes with plots and goals as well, not to play a plank of wood.
>>
>>48573203
>you wake up in the center of the bowl with half health
That could have been good, especially if there was some kind of mark that appeared on the character's body, or something else indicating something weird was going on.
>>
>>48576715
I played a short campaign where we all woke up with no memories in a giant dungeon. Occasionally the GM would ask a question about our characters backstory and we'd fluff it as remembering something. He rolled with whatever answer we gave.
Anytime we died, we'd come back losing an ability point and with a random mutation.

Eventually we started to catch on when the GM referred to the dungeon as "the angry god maze" and the entire quest became about getting out of the dungeon.

We never finished it. The last session the GM asked "How did you die? The first time. Before the campaign began." and we realized our characters were in hell and were slowly becoming dungeon monsters.
>>
File: byakuren nobody cares_1.jpg (14KB, 276x200px) Image search: [Google]
byakuren nobody cares_1.jpg
14KB, 276x200px
>>48539057

>"But MY system uses a special snowflake word for DM!"
>>
>>48572296
But why?
>>
File: smug.jpg (16KB, 480x378px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
16KB, 480x378px
>>48581265
>special snowflake word for DM
>implying DM isn't just a special snowflake word for the more generic Game Master
>>
>>48581265

GM is pretty game neutral at this point. Dungeon Master is very D&D specific.
>>
>>48584188

Well, DM is older than GM so it kinda loses the ability to call it special snowflake.
>>
>>48525601
That's the Dungeon World thread, anon.
>>
>>48533801
>But srsly guize, Don't invite people to RPG's unless you know they're willing to get involved.

That should be common knowledge. It hurts to know that it is not.
>>
>>48533801
>gf of one guy insists on joining us to make sure he won't cheat on her with all the straight men in our group
If she trusted him so little, then the relationship was doomed to begin with. Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>48581265

>My special snowflake word is better than your special snowflake word.

Also, it's retarded to refer to the guy behind the screen as a "Dungeon-Master" when you're playing with a system that doesn't use dungeons.
>>
>>48584214

And the concept of cursed swords that corrupt the user is a trope that has been around for centuries.

Doesn't mean that I'm not going to call a darksteel the edgehog wannabe a special snowflake for wanting a demonic sword that'll give him license to be an edgy fuck during game.
>>
>>48554324
You monster.
>>
>>48524400
>One PC being granted powers over another

I fucking hate special snowflake characters. I absolutely hate them.
>>
>>48585467
>>48585467
>>48585467
big mama right here tough ass wow what do you use "FM" (fag master)
>>
File: 1461709655719.jpg (16KB, 634x450px) Image search: [Google]
1461709655719.jpg
16KB, 634x450px
>the DM doesn't wear a wizard hat
>even when I bring one for him
>>
>>48524694
Well, since you've already gained so many replies, I'll go ahead and give you another (You). For the record, we're all rather new players.

>Three of our players have children. Two of them host D&D night at their place.
>Two women in our group, neither of which behave in such a way; one (Cleric) is rather quiet and has saved the party several times, the other (Ranger) gets into character very well.
>Pretty sure I'm the only one of our group who outright dislikes anime. There are no weeaboo characters in spite of this.
>We all laugh a lot. We don't act retarded.
>DM is new. Campaign is going well so far and he requests criticism and suggestions.

Can't speak for the others, but as far as that goes, yeah, you're a faggot.
>>
>>48538545
Jesus Christ, I seriously wish that everyone who's ever smoked weed would die in the most gruesome way possible.
>>
>>48585482

True... but what the hell does that have to do with DM/GM?

This whole fucking argument is retarded. Who gives a shit but you?

DM, GM, whatever, everyone fucking knows who you're talking about. Stop being a whiny bitch.
>>
>>48524694
jfc you need help
>>
>>48531908
No you're not you fucking lardo, the caloric difference of fucking hypothyroidism is like, 500 or at most 1000, that's one or two cheeseburgers a day you just eat less (and that's if you're a giant mongoloid and don't take meds to fix your thyroid)

It's an excuse, you're fat because you suck at basic addition
>>
>>48524854
thank you
>>
File: Druid.png (262KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Druid.png
262KB, 500x700px
>>48552108
>oh this second guy doesn't sound that bad,I wonder why he is bad
>mfw reading further into his backstory

He had a not-so-bad character idea and then ran it to the ground
>>
>>48537697
Enabling your schizophrenia is not helping it
>>
>>48529947
>>48529700
>being this retarded
Kill yourselves, you're too stupid for this world
>>
>>48586143

flyover /v/irgin detected
>>
>>48533358
dude, just fucking kick that guy out, you're the DM, your rules.
>>
>>48573221

>liking quests

cancer
>>
>>48586143
Kay, I'll take a toke to your genocidal rage about consenting adults smoking a plant.
>>
>>48586482
>>48586561
dude weed lmao xD
>>
>>48524694
Loving all the normalniggers getting triggered by this post.

Top stuff too, good on it. Most people that get into this hobby are cancer and it's nice to see someone dedicated to call them out on their shit.
>>
>>48586607

>wow you DON'T violently hate people for acting kinda dumb sometimes? go smoke some weed you fag

ok
>>
>>48586661

And with attitudes like yours, all you'll ever meet is "cancer." Or, more accurately, you'll drive out anyone decent because "Oh, no, they're new", "Oh, no, they're part of the other 50% of the human race" or some equally retarded reason and all you'll be LEFT with is cancer such as yourself. Fuck off and stop being so angry other people can do better at your only defining trait than you can.
>>
File: 1452830249817.jpg (125KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452830249817.jpg
125KB, 640x960px
>>48546159
>I've told my name to the players multiple times
>they still refer to me as "The GM"
>>
>>48576715
The way he said it was like he made that up on the spot and it wasn't part of the plan.
>>
>>48586192

>True... but what the hell does that have to do with DM/GM?

It's to show that just because something is old, doesn't mean that it's immune to special snowflake syndrome.

Game Master is good enough and can be used to refer to any system, not just D&D.
>>
>>48589924
Doesn't mean DM is special snowflake term, either. One might hope that you have actual reasoning behind that it is, but somehow I doubt it. You're just a hipster faggot.
>>
>>48590038
>you're a hipster faggot for using the well-accepted general term over the specific term
I don't even know what to say
>>
>>48590065
For insisting OTHER PEOPLE should use it.
>>
>>48590106

It's not like I'm telling you to use storyteller.or arbiter or some other dumb shit like that.

Just saying, GM refers to any game and doesn't make you sound like a fool who only plays third edition D&D.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 200x200px
>>48538857
>not calling the gm by his name
It's like you plebs don't play with your friends.
>>
>>48524835
Because you're killing the enemy in one turn. The wizard trivialized the encounter, but it still took a reasonable time to carry the obvious result out.
The dm isn't as into the game as you are, so he doesn't realize the subtle implications, but sees the obvious big damage.
It's like in chess. Against a weaker player, if you play an open sharp game, he'll see the obvious difference between you, but if you play a closed positional game he'll probably think he's doing ok and all the subtleties will go over his head.
>>
>>48524400
Poor people, defined both fiscally and meritoriously; the moneyless are boring people who only ever tell the same dozen stories with their names replaced, and the meritless speak for themselves. Some people play a fantasy game because it allows them the escapism to pretend that they and their lives aren't utter shit, and that's great for them so long as they leave me out of it.

People on the wrong side of culture, be that Internet culture or popular culture or whatever. I'm sure you know a hobo or a skinhead or teapartier or an ur-feminist or some other maladaptive person who is a great friend to you, but socioeconomically adaptive people do not find their constant need to make every conversation about them and their pet views.

"Nice guys". Eww.
>>
>>48549288
You may be the dumbest person I have ever seen
>>
>>48549288
Make a believable character, call him John, and send him out on an adventure to save the world. Only before you do that, change his name to Jane and give her a blond ponytail. Voila, you have now given us Prima Guide femshep.
>>
>>48592534
(Continued)

Honestly anyone who makes a big deal of the game is probably a no-go. Playing or running a game with you isn't my job, so I have no desire to indulge people who throw fits; ideally, I'm there because I'm in the company of friends or potential friends, and if you're such a child that you get all out of sorts over your pretend elf not getting as much damage or gold or whatever then fuck off because you're clearly not the sort of person I want as a friend.

Fat people smell. Some fat people bathe frequently and perfume themselves to avoid it, but most fat people just perpetually stink. Eww.
>>
>>48538731
>irl black pudding
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.