[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #987: Imaginary Evil Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 698
Thread images: 68

File: Jumpchain_OP.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Jumpchain_OP.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48514247
>>
>>48521914
So, are there any perks to convince people I'm only imaginary?
>>
File: v.jpg (36KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
36KB, 792x612px
Do you like fish sticks, /jc/?
>>
>>48521937
South Park jump when?
>>
>>48521955
Wait, we don't have one? How?
>>
>>48521955
>tfw when we'll never get to hang with chef and listen to his amazing, smooth bass voice.

I miss Isaac Hayes.
>>
Are there any perks useful for keeping things secret within a small group (or alternatively, a large one- say, one billion?)
>>
>>48521976
No idea.

Speaking of, anons, what are some settings you're constantly surprised haven't been made into a jump yet?
>>
>>48522038
I think technically the Secret Keeper spell from Harry Potter would work for both.

It's a funky piece of magic.
>>
>>48522030
Scientology jump when?
>>
>>48522049
Crysis
Improbable Island
His Dark Materials Trilogy
>>
Well, a small update. All of the backgrounds are now free.
>>
Can Anyone put x-men update on google drive or post it here?
>>
>>48522049
Archie Comics Sanic.
>>
>>48522049
V for Vendetta
The Incredibles
>>
>>48522066
>Crysis

That could work really well as a gauntlet
>>
>>48522049
.Hack
Donkey Kong
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>>
File: 1391967866343.jpg (38KB, 352x404px) Image search: [Google]
1391967866343.jpg
38KB, 352x404px
>>48522071
>archie comics
>daring to suffer the risk of being written by Ken Penders before being retconned out of existence by the Genesis Wave
NOT AGAIN. I DON'T WANT TO GET ON THE RIDE AGAIN.
>>
>>48522075
>The Incredibles
Still working on it, anon. Just really slow. Sorry.
>>
>>48522049
I am continuously shocked we have Twilight, but not Mortal Instruments.

For that matter, I would like a House of Night jump, just to complete the shitty teen romance saga.
>>
File: disgust in 2035.gif (4MB, 480x312px) Image search: [Google]
disgust in 2035.gif
4MB, 480x312px
>>48522054
We already have that, optionally.
It's called Dead Space.

Some anon is working on The Incredibles, actually. Some truly based anon.

>>48522087
>spoiler
pic related
>>
>>48522129
>pic related

Tell me I'm wrong anon.
>>
>>48522119
Everyone gets on the ride.
>>
>>48522049
Shining Force?
>>
>>48522049
I'd love a Pathfinder jump and any version of a TMNT jump. I also think we need more endjumps.
>>
>>48522125
>Mortal Instruments
I'd love that. It's a pretty well-made setting, ridiculous romance plot aside.

>>48522153
>Tell me I'm wrong anon.
Okay.
You're wrong.
Doesn't need to be made into a Gauntlet.
It's not so special that it breaks the mold and has to be treated differently than 99% of IPs.
It's literally just super-tech and ayy lmaos, which is something the pops up in roughly 1/5 of all jumps.
>>
>>48522125
>Mortal Instruments
Incest is not wincest anon.
>>
>>48522205
Someone's working on Pathfinder.

At least I hope they're still working on it.
>>
Evolve Jumpmaker here:

Origins are all about halfway done perk-wise, Monster customization's at about 10% or so. Alt-Form import's got a drawback (not mandatory, but exclusive to them) but I'm unsure as to what the details should be other than "every Hunter's gunning for you, and while they aren't any stronger as individuals their weapons will ignore any out-of-jump defenses you have." And that's just unimaginative.

Debating on a few perks - one themed around Kala's experimentation with the Monsters' DNA and thus becoming something more than human or beast, another around the fact that the Monsters can eat the Bohrium found on Shear and use it to supercharge their evolutionary processes.

As always, suggestions & such are accepted. Going to wait until I have a WIP 0.9 before I post.
>>
>>48522232
It wasn't incest or wincest, but rather the illusion of it.
>>
>>48522049
South Park, as you've already mentioned.
Artemis Fowl, though I think SB was working on a version that had problems.
Some kind of Kart Racing jump.
Charmed.
Sonic SatAm/comics, since the Sonic jump we have now focuses on the games, though I think some anon said they were working on it.
Pact, and maybe Twig, is surprising to me, given how much everyone talks about the Worm jump.
Maybe Fairly Odd Parents, though in all honesty something like that would be next to impossible to balance. Really, I just want a Secret Wish drawback, because that was a really dark and interesting twist on the concept of maintaining the status quo in shows.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, with a scenario that extends past the jump where you're tasked with doing researching for a new "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Multiverse," and if you do a good job you get a promotion post-spark.

I'm surprised we don't have a shitty Simpsons jump yet either.
>0 CP Treehouse of Horror drawback where shit happens on Halloween, but the death rules are suspended. Or, +300 and the rules aren't suspended
>0 CP Simpsons did it drawback where your previous adventures keep getting parodied
>They'll Never Stop the Simpsons drawback where the status quo keeps anything from changing, and you'll be there for what's implied to be centuries
>>
>>48522049
The Silmarillion
Metroid
Powerpuff Girls
Dexter's Lab
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate
Sim City
>>
>>48522241
Didn't they later find out that they really were siblings?
>>
>>48522112
>Donkey Kong

>No style, no grace, and a funny face are all drawbacks
>Mario is the 600 CP "you're fucked" drawback enemy
>>
>>48522049
All the WoD splats.
>>
>>48522249
>Secret Wish
What's this?
>>
>>48522269
Only in the sense that the boy was raised by the girl's father.
>>
File: 1388037002828.png (237KB, 377x288px) Image search: [Google]
1388037002828.png
237KB, 377x288px
>>48522169
>pic related

>>48522049
>Darkwing Duck
>TMNT
>Powerpuff Girls
>Advent Rising
>Scion
>NWoD Werewolf
>Tron
The list goes on.
>>
>>48522269
No, they found out in the last book that they were in fact NOT relate.
They'd both just been fed Angel blood as babbys, and the protagonist's father lied to them and led them to believe they were siblings.

No true blood relation.
>>
File: 1366005117318.jpg (190KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1366005117318.jpg
190KB, 704x396px
>>48522249
>Farly Odd Parents
Casual reminder that apparently in a later season they decided that Timmy had made a covert wish that made everything stay the same for at least 50 straight years

Seriously what
>>
>Love Live jump
>high quality rips drawback
>>
>>48522232
Despite it not being incest at all in that case, I have to disagree on the central point.
>>
>>48522249
>Pact, and maybe Twig, is surprising to me, given how much everyone talks about the Worm jump.
Pact and Twig simply aren't as popular as Worm was. Pact has serious issues (even beyond what Worm has), since Wildbow had some RL issues come up or something. Been a while, but he's talked about it a few times.

Twig is still in progress.

Would definitely make good jumps, though.

>I'm surprised we don't have a shitty Simpsons jump yet either.
>0 CP Treehouse of Horror drawback where shit happens on Halloween, but the death rules are suspended. Or, +300 and the rules aren't suspended
>0 CP Simpsons did it drawback where your previous adventures keep getting parodied
>They'll Never Stop the Simpsons drawback where the status quo keeps anything from changing, and you'll be there for what's implied to be centuries
Sounds like you should make it yourself.
>>
>>48522249
>Sonic SatAM
I checked the archives, that's being worked on.
>>
>>48522049
Metroid. Jesus Christ how is that not a Jump yet?

Oh, and Thundercats.
>>
>>48522297
See>>48522320
Basically, Timmy wished to Cosmo that nothing would ever change, then wished for Cosmo to forget about it. That was revealed to be the reason for stuff why nobody ever got any older, and why none of the characters ever went up a grade in spite of the "last day of school" episodes.

When the wish was discovered, Timmy estimated that things had been like this for around 50 years.
>>
>>48522360
What's Twig about?
>>
>>48522320
Electric Chinese Batman would be a good Jump.
>>
>>48522383
What the fuck?
>>
File: Thundercats.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Thundercats.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48522374
We have one.
>>
>>48522374
Apparently it was being made? First by one jumpmaker, then another who came along without realizing the first was doing it, they both started collaborating...

And then they both just disappeared.
Names were South and Jack. Not the Cracker_Jack we have, but a different Jack.
>>
>>48522383
>things had been like this for around 50 years.
That sounds like one of those wishes that should've been against the rules. But, now I'm remembering that he also somehow got away with wishing for it to be Christmas everyday.
>>
>>48522399
2011 doesn't count.
>>
>>48522399
I believe anon is taking about the original Thndercats.
>>
>>48522393
I've had thoughts about it, anon. I just don't know how to handle the possibility of Contractor powers.

Not really picking them, I'd personally just go for a pick-and-choose model, since you'd only get it as a Contractor, but rather which powers to offer and which obeisances to offer, and whether each power has a specific obeisance or you pick a power and obeisance independently.
>>
Guess what I've got. A newly finished jump! Well,unless someone points out something I stupidly forgot to add, this should be done.
>>
>>48522419
It WAS against the rules. When someone finally figured it out, Timmy was actually put on trial for it. He got to keep his fairies at the end of it, but the wish was undone, he got a very stern lecture, and I'm pretty sure he lost a lot of respect from the whole thing.
>>
>>48522295
How many splats are there that aren't jumps of yet?
>>
>>48522425
>>48522441
Oh. Derpity derp, my bad.

>>48522407
Pretty much. I have both WIPs stored in case something changes, but that well and truly sucks.
>>
v.2

I haven't added psychokinesis, or the science perks yet, but I really would like productive feed back
>>
Are there any other jumpchain PDFs as fuckhuge as the FFXIV one?
>>
>>48522468
Cool.
>>
>>48522517
Light of Terra maybe
>>
>>48522466
I'd say do pick and choose, but maybe do a tier system and require an obeisance from the same tier.
>>
>>48522383
Wait, so a kid gets shat on for starting WWI but enforcing the status quo for 50 years is a-Ok?
>>
>>48522385
Honestly can't give you a good answer; I'm avoiding it until it's finished. Worm was enough of a roller-coaster for me.

You can check the description on the site: https://twigserial.wordpress.com/about/
>>
>>48522419
Even the crazier jumpers would be appalled by how recklessly Timmy wields amazing magical power.
>>
>>48522538
Oh, whoops. Didn't see >>48522470
>>
>>48522510
Fuck off. I don't want you to ruin the thread anymore by encouraging shitposting.
>>
>>48522393
>>48522466
I actually considered making it a while back, and wrote up a bit of a skeleton for it. Then I lost interest.

>pick a power and obeisance independently
This is kinda what I went for. You would purchase a power (or roll for one or something). Obeisance would be a roll, but there would be several different tables. For free, you would roll on the shit table ("break your own fingers," "drink the blood of children), for a small amount you roll on a table of annoying obeisances, for a mid amount you roll on a table of unnoticeable obeisances, and for the most you either don't have an obeisance, or the obeisance is slightly beneficial (de-aging).
>>
>>48522510
>still posting after the thread shited on you the last time you posted this lewd trash
>>
>>48522393
Italian Spiderman could make for a fun "serious jump of a joke setting" style jump.
>>
>>48522517
Ragnarok is pretty big, though I think it is smaller.
>>
>>48522510
I will probably catch a lot of hate for saying anything, but how about a drawback where you are one of Ran/Ren's race and you swap genders and personalities each time you sneeze and if you make it all the way through at the end of the jump you wind up with an opposite sex clone with a copy of your powers from the jump as a companion?
>>
>>48522561
Forgive my naivete, but I don't see the issue?

Doesn't look like the best Jump ever, but the same could be said of a lot of them.
>>
>>48522540
Well it sounds like your basic garden variety biopunk, but knowing Wildbow the bullshit levels will rise to dangerously unbelievable levels about halfway through.
>>
>>48522561
>>48522579
Samefag detected.
>>
>>48522533
>tier system
What would qualify a power for each tier, though? A lot of the powers tend to be something incredibly specific that needs work to make use of. So, maybe organize it by the amount of limitations that come with it?

But then by that logic, Hei's power That is, just the electrical stuff, not the quantum bullshit would be on one of the lowest tiers, due to the conductive medium restrictions, wouldn't it?

>>48522575
...Or that could work too, without the rolling, maybe. Obeisances would be easy to do, come to think of it. The tricky thing is the powers.
>>
>>48522468
...I know I'm being very, very stupid, but I so have to take Jumper's Inferno. I can make it fair at least, right? I don't have to make it IWBtG levels of random shit killing me without any way of knowing it'll happen?
>>
>>48522468
Looks really good. If I may make a suggestion, since you have a drawback where any movie made about your game sucks, maybe have a drawback where you have to make an actually good video game movie?
>>
File: explain further.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
explain further.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>48522594
>Italian Spiderman
>>
>>48522470
>Trap the reality in stasis for 50 years and violate a major rule on using your wishes.
>Get off with practically no consequences whatsoever just like always.
Yep, sounds like the show still hasn't changed in 10 years.
>>
>>48522601
As best I can tell the big issue is that there is a lot echi bullshit in this harem anime. I don't think its any worse than DxD, but its got laser cannons and a safe FtL system that crosses the galaxy so I"m down for it.
>>
>>48522598
Holy fuck, and now other jump makers are shitposting trying to push their fetish in the thread. I feel ashamed to say I didn't realize it wasn't all shitposting all along.
>>
>>48522601
He's the shitposter. Whenever To Love Ru is posted he complains about it being 'lewd trash'. He's like a broken goddamn record.
>>
>>48522632
Since when were you under the impression that the wish was unwished?
>>
>>48522510
I'd give Pop Star more a description of actually being good at pop star stuff, right now it's only a song-writing perk.

Why're you going with a 100/200/300/? perk spread?

Maybe write out the perks a bit more in general? That may just be me though.

>>48522598
This seems fun.
>>
>>48522616
Fair? No. You're on autopilot, essentially, with the intent to make the most difficult game ever. At most you could add frequent rest stops, but they would probably be temporary and last a short time. Otherwise, good luck anon.
>>
File: Gamer 2.png (698KB, 800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Gamer 2.png
698KB, 800x1296px
Gamer/Minion Master Requires Tossing.

The Gamer Chain-
Concept-Overlord Native-Chain, a Gamer like Ainz who got sucked into the New World. Built the way I would build a character for an MMO, Minions and Buffs for Minions.
Has a Gamer mind-set for most of the chain, trying to exploit anything he can, and to get more Minions and Buffs.

Companions- Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, Mooks, Lupa d'Angela, Akitsu, Yashima, Haihane, Waddle Dees, Heather, Genie, Female Hades, Felyne(Not named), Arianrhod

>>48522049
Any of the Artix Games, those used to be really popular
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Dominions
Divinity games other than Dragon Commander
Any of the Paradox games
Dawn of War
Sunless Sea(though that's being worked on supposedly)
Scion
Exalted
Spore
Orcs Must Die, hell I'm surprised we don't even have a "generic tower defense"
I'm surprised there isn't a Joke Jump of Godus
Is there an Age of Wonders jump? If there isn't I'm surprised.
>>
>>48522616
>IWBtG
There's another entry for our "I can't believe we don't have a jump of it yet" pile.

I Want to be the Guy would probably work really well as a gauntlet. Death doesn't matter at all, you can keep trying as long as you have enough will to keep going, you fail the gauntlet by giving up and going to the next jump. Do it like Shivers, where you're either reduced to bodymod or everything scales to your powers.
>>
>>48522623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNLlwkwP64
>>
>>48522684
Ugh, nevermind. I hate games that require you to memorize them instead of just gitting gud.
>>
>>48522681
Thats a good point about pop star, I may expand it to something more general.

As for the current tree costs I may go 1,2,4,6 instead the biggest issue is balancing Golden Darkness versus the other capstones.
>>
>>48522692
The problem is, what does it have to offer besides Being the Guy? You double-jump, shoot, and die horribly. Try stretching that into 12 perks and some reasonable number of items.
>>
>>48522681
>Indulging this garbage with constructive criticism
>>
>>48522716
You won't have to memorize the game, you could try to just get good. The game itself is variable and dependent on what kind of game you want to make. But it will be the biggest challenge of your life to beat it.
>>
File: BebbehDraco.png (76KB, 749x449px) Image search: [Google]
BebbehDraco.png
76KB, 749x449px
>>48522689
>Any of the Artix Games, those used to be really popular
I'll get back to working on DragonFable now, won't be doing AQ until I'm finished with DF.
Also DF is like 10 years old now, holy fuck.
>>
>>48522068
Rosario + Vampire
> Age: 11
> Location: Youkai Acadamey
> Background: Normal Student
> Race: Youko [-200CP]
> Human Form [Get a Freebie!]
> Above The Influence [-100CP]
> Bluff [Get a Freebie!]
> Genius [-200CP]
> Lucky [-200CP]
> Not Quite Dead [-300CP]
> School Uniform [Get a Freebie!]
> Bite-Sized Monster Dictionary [Get a Freebie!]
> Horehore-kun [-100CP]
> Belmont [-200CP]
> Young [+100CP]
> No Means No! [+200CP]

I regularly take any drawback that makes me smaller or younger, as that's basically free points to me. I also regularly take harem drawbacks, because I find them humorous.
... pretty rare I can take both at once, though. Hm. This is... weird.

Anyway, HEY, remember when I used to talk all the time about being fluffy? That's still a thing. I'm still super fluffy. And, in time, I will have nine (additional) fluffy tails.
On top of the ones I already have.

Anyways, I don't really know a lot about this setting, so I'll probably mostly go to classes and ace everything while ducking out on shenanigans. Sadly, I can't really define anything beyond that, since the whole plot is just a big blank space for me.
Maybe do some science in my spare time.
Maybe get some blood samples from my fellow classmates.
For science.
>>
File: Dumb Demonstration.png (64KB, 1160x655px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Demonstration.png
64KB, 1160x655px
>>48522614
>>48522533
Here's sort of what it would be like; I don't have my notes with me so I just made up some random tiers/point-costs/whatever. Just my thoughts on how the actual purchasing would work.
>>
>>48522468
Well fuck. I don't know if I want to go Indie Designer or Indie AAA R&D. There's some seriously hard choices here, so good job.

This is also the best work with capstone boosters I've seen, so even better job.
>>
>>48522236
Same
>>
>>48522639
It's ridiculously ecchi, way more so than basically any other none porn property in existence, and in some ways the equal of stuff that was built on fanservice. Despite that, it has other shit somehow, and isn't literally dependent on the lewd to exist as a setting.
>>
>>48522835
Eh, the problem there is it makes weak powers an awful choice, since you have to pay 700 CP to use them with no Obesiance. I'd say make High require Worst, Mid require Normal, and Weak require Easy, with a cost to go down a rank and a drawback to go up a rank.
>>
>>48522886
As I said
>I don't have my notes with me so I just made up some random tiers/point-costs/whatever
I'm pretty sure my actual balance/point-costs was different.
>>
>>48522871
It's lewd garbage, that's what it is, and a corruptible influence on the thread.
>>
>>48522510
This isn't very good. It's not shitpost worthy (please just ignore that asshole) but it needs so much work.
>>
>>48522886
That sounds like a terrible idea actually. Why would you suggest this?
Nobody should take this advice.
>>
>>48522510
>it's an "I'm Going To Post Something Just To Stir Shit" episode
>>
>>48522899
>corruptible

We've got a solid Shitpostium barrier surrounding the thread 99% of the time. It'll have to break through that first.
>>
>>48522917
Sauce?
>>
File: Hope.jpg (307KB, 1280x672px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
307KB, 1280x672px
>>48522822
DragonFable is my favorite of the games to be completely frank.
Though I hate, HATE, the level adjustment in it.
>>
>>48522964
>>48522917

Fuck off with this lewd shit.
>>
So, just to check, "No drawback limit" in 40k imperium means what it says, right?

As in, there's nothing stopping me from taking 2600 CP worth of drawbacks?
>>
>>48522964
energy kyouka
>>
>>48522911
Because I think it makes sense. What's your issue?
>>
>>48523003
Common sense and self-preservation, but lacking those then you should be good to go.
>>
>>48522979
Funny story. Back in the day I played Adventure Quest, the thing is I completely missed that the stat trainers were a thing. I managed to reach level 70 somehow before the scaling just made it impossible to progress. I could theoretically do the stat training to get back on track, but it's a close battle due to scaling, and I'd have to do a load of fights.
>>
>>48523003
That is what those words usually mean, yes.
>>
>>48522988
What was that? Post Monster Musume?
>>
>>48523018
>I completely missed that the stat trainers were a thing. I managed to reach level 70 somehow before the scaling just made it impossible to progress
I did almost the same thing, but it was that at low levels I didn't have the cash to stat-train so I figured "fuck it, I'm fine as is"
I go to level 80-90ish before the scaling made it impossible to progress. And I couldn't even beat the stat-trainers.
>>
>>48523003
If you really want you can get as many points as you want, there is the double your time drawback that can be taken an unlimited number of times.
>>
>>48523017
I mean, the set I took seemed pretty survivable, apart from the time extension (which was nessecary to accomplish my goals) the only real thing that involved enemies was a chaos warband with greater demons, and that's nothing considering I plan on stopping the 13th black crusade with a very small force.

>>48523024
Sometimes there's the "read between the lines it was a trap option" bullshit

>>48523037
Yeah, I took that 6 times.
>>
File: Matsuri and Kagetora.jpg (158KB, 728x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Matsuri and Kagetora.jpg
158KB, 728x1092px
Jump 030: Great Detective
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Chust a Ztoopud Ashent [+100]
Compulsion (Sake) [+200]
Background: Consultant [-100]
Perks:
The Look [-300]
Mental Palaces [-300]
Gear:
Detective Notebook [Free]
The Hat [Free]

Watson, I Presume [-300]
Misaka Worst & Handmaidens (Consultant) [1000]
Got it Memorized [Free]
Fancy Book Learning [-100]
Also a Coroner [-150]
Written on Thier Face [-150]
The Look [-300]
Mental Palaces [-300]
Gear:
The Hat [Free]

Watson, I Presume [-300]
Sparrow (Consultant) [700]
Perks:
Fancy Book Learning [-100]
The Look [-300]
Mental Palaces [-300]
Gear:
The Hat [Free]

Where to next /JC?
>>
>>48522886
At that point, it's almost getting a bit too convoluted, although I'm just trying to visualize this right now instead of properly writing it down. It might be better to just have it be organized into the Low-Mid-High tiers, and you simply pick within your tier for powers. Low tier obeisance for a low tier power, etc, with a flat price for each tier.
>>
>>48523051
>Yeah, I took that 6 times.
You're gonna survive 330 years in 40k?
>>
God help me, I'm really thinking about spending 80 years in 40k for the extra 450cp.
>>
>>48523079
No, I'm going to thrive for 640.

And it was necessary for my goals anyway.
>>
>>48523079
>>48523086
Wow, I have great timing.
>>
>>48523074
I've got to say that that sounds awful. Please do not take that advice.
>>
>>48523086
>>48523104
Remember that the "Small" ship you can buy is around two km long, you could just take it into deep space and use 40K as an uninterrupted training period on board that monster.
>>
>>48523086
If there's any doubt whether you can survive it, take a few more jumps to get more power.
>>
>>48523074
I'd prefer having the ability to chose things with cp at all over not having any choice, and would prefer more choice than a limited one.
>>
>>48523123
Er, do you have a suggestion as for otherwise, anon? I'm just looking to avoid complex maths for this so I'm spitballing.
>>
>>48523086
There is a perk in Clone Wars that basically acts as Blank without the downsides.
>>
>>48523163
Damn it cut off my post,

If you take that perk you can be safe from some of the bigger dangers.
>>
>>48523148
Hmm... how about this:

Presuming Contractor is an origin of some kind, you automatically start in the lowest power and obeisance category. You can pick anything within your tier and you same simply pay CP to move up a tier in either category and freely pick from there.

Pretty simple, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>48523149
Just do it like you posted. It's self balancing anyway and gives free choice over what they get.
>>
How would a world like World of Darkness react to something like an easily accessed Territory appearing all of a sudden?
>>
What is a good social perk combo for ensuring that your desired Bro/Waifu/Husbando will accept your Pod/Feather?
>>
>>48523309
Maxed out Endowment
>>
>>48523254
Probably by having /another/ supernatural secret society show up.
>>
>>48523331
There is a limit to how helpful that would be anon.
>>
>>48523254
Another splat named Traveler the <Insert Adjective or Noun Here>
>>
>>48523074
It's not that convoluted. Just do it your way, but add a "lighter obeisance" perk that drops you a rank and can be taken twice, and a "heavier obedience" drawback that ups you a rank (and God help you if you're already on Worst)
>>
>>48523375
Traveler the Summoning.
Traveler the Unlocking.
Traveler the Somethingsomething.
>>
Would Having Korra use SB to give me all the bending elements work?
>>
Hey, if you go to a jump with a fanfic option and choose a self-insert fic, does the self insert remember a version of the story where you're a character?
>>
Could I Sacrificial Bestowment Sacrificial Bestowment to my Light of Terra so that it could Sacrificial Bestowment it's Jovian-Pattern Nova Cannon to me?
>>
>>48523490
maybe if your Light of Terra is a ship girl.
>>
>>48523469
Maybe? You should probably get the Origin Spirit, though. The Avatar can manage having all four bending elements because of Raava's presence moderating them, so having another primordial spirit helping you out would improe your chances of it working.
>>
>>48523490
>Jovian-Pattern Nova Cannon

Dude, if you want a bigger pingas just start stacking Huge perks. It'll get there.
>>
>>48523518
I'll do that then.
>>
>>48523490
If she's a shipgirl, probably.
>>
>>48523441
Traveler the Travelering
>>
>>48523441
Traveler the Territories.
Traveler the Incarnating.
Traveler the Bonding.
>>
File: Gamer.jpg (42KB, 564x366px) Image search: [Google]
Gamer.jpg
42KB, 564x366px
Inukami- What is this shit? Whatever, New Minion.
0/1600
Rolled for 14
Tamer
Free Tamer
Discount Mage
Detective
Mansion
Free(ish) Energy Inukami-Minion Get. Needs a Name
Discount Energy and Earth Kitsune-Minion Get. Needs a Name

Wanted+600- Fuck you, Army.
>>
>>48523479
I think that's one of those "fanwank something" answers. Go with whatever is more entertaining to you. Personally, I'd go for them not knowing the story with you in it. It makes for sense for your free will and it provides the opportunity to troll them mercilessly. "Wait, hold on, that's not how it happened in canon" should be something they think every five minutes.
>>
>>48523490
If your Light of Terra is a ship girl you could have her use SB to give you her ship girl powers, which would include that if she has one.
>>
File: [can't wake up].png (287KB, 1198x326px) Image search: [Google]
[can't wake up].png
287KB, 1198x326px
Tell me about a time you couldn't wake up, /jc/.
>>
>>48523561
According the IRC my Dog Demon and Fox Demon are now named Otis and Milo.
>>
>>48523375
Traveler the nerfherding.
It was a strangely themed territory.
>>
>>48523612
Those are good names for them.
>>
>>48523361
>implying
>>
>>48523628
Which is why I accepted them. Minions Get.

My Sapient/Intelligent Minions are thus
Companions- Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, Mooks, Lupa d'Angela, Akitsu, Yashima, Haihane, Waddle Dees, Heather, Genie, Female Hades, Felyne(Not named), Arianrhod, Otis, Milo

Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, and Lupa have been imported every chance I've gotten thus far. I'm trying to spread out the others when I import.'
Forsetti and Lupa are NPCs from Overlord, his Native World, and Lilith is from City of Heros.
>>
>>48523254
Mages would freak the hell out that there's somehow now another kind of magic, that they also have to share with the likes of vampires and werewolves.
>>
>>48523309
Mind Rape spell from dnd.
>but that's not what I wanted
Isn't it? We already know what kind of person you are, now we're just settling on the degree.

Anyway. Friendship from Harvest Moon and I Know What You Want from Narnia lets you now what type of gifts to give them. With Open Arms from Redwall and A Friendly Face from Spice and Wolf makes you more sociable/likeable and always give a good first impression. Making Friends from MaoYuu, With Clear Conscience from Once Upon a Time, and Bro Tier from Sekirei make you a better friend. Those are some of the less mind rapey perks I know of. Otherwise it's just the general stack charisma+luck+harem perks
>>
>>48523681
Actually, a Territory could look a lot like a new Supernal Realm somehow being discovered. Fragment of a broken universe that grants power to those who take its mysteries into themselves? Sounds like a Supernal Realm to me. Sure, there are plenty of differences, but at first glance they'd be really freaked out until they realized what it actually was.
>>
>>48523708
>Le "Charisma is the same as Mind Rape" ebin maymay :^)
>>
>>48523742
Fuck off to reddit and die there. charisma of any kind, even natural, is actually mind warping and evil.
>>
Is it ever explained what powers HP magic? Is it just willpower?
>>
>>48523720
At what point to you think they'd realize it though?
>>
>>48523820
Let me guess: friendship is also mind rape? Physical attractiveness, too?
>>
>>48523742
If it's supernatural charisma granted through whatever the fuck the benefactor is then yes. If you need perks to get someone to like/love you then that's really kinda sad.
>>
>>48523849
It's two shitposters shitposting at each other.

Ignore them.
>>
>>48523826
Nope. You don't need to will a spell to happen, except in rare cases. Swish and flick.
>>
>>48523826
Ancient gene-based clarketech passed down to the scion of Atlantis, activated primarily through words and gestures.
>>
So, if I go to Mage and take Gnosis 5, I still have to learn the Arcanum right? But we get 3 for free?

And we can learn up to 5 Gnosis on our own any way?
>>
>>48523881
Yudowsky please go and stay go.
>>
>>48523881
I swear to god if this is who I think it is that's been on an HPMOR kick...
>>
>>48523826
I don't think it's ever explained, no. As far as I remember it's just magic. Do the motions, say the words, and it happens.

Strong emotions can make your magic stronger though.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 12.jpg (9KB, 130x190px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 12.jpg
9KB, 130x190px
>>48523902
>>48523896
Who is this guy?

I am so confused.
However to get back to regular Jumpchain matters. Hey /JC I'd like another Jump!
>>
>>48523902
>on an HPMoR kick
Ew.
>>
>>48523890
It's harder to work up to 5 Gnosis than it is to learn Arcanum as far as I know. You also can't learn Arcanum above the limits designated by the chart referencing how they relate to Gnosis.

It's frankly the whole reason I didn't like being limited to 5 Gnosis and below; I wanted to learn all the Arcanum up to master.
>>
>>48523942
Girl_Chan in Paradise.
>>
>>48523942
He wrote a really shitty possession self-insert fanfic which is absurdly popular.
>>
So, Warhammer Fantasy. Champions of Chaos have "Unholy Abomination Free". That's a drawback. Does that mean that the drawback is required and you receive no cp?
>>
>>48523871
>>48523913
So how does this work with Conjoined Conjures?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>48523959
Alright rolling for location.
>>
>>48523954
Fuck off, Mage is perfect, and hardcapped Gnosis and Arcana are great and make the jump so much better.

Archmages are so over-powered, I'm so glad the jump maker decided to ban bing able to learn additional Arcana up to 5, which has nothing to do with that bullshit.

The Mage jump was a mistake. If Mage the Ascension ever gets made and has similar problems, I will crusade to keep it off the drive.
>>
>>48524011
It doesn't. Fuck off, powerwanker.
>>
>>48524046
Don't worry, you'll fail miserably.
>>
>>48523859
Jumpers are mostly assholes from 4chan so it makes sense that they need perks to get people to like them.
>>
>>48524011
I don't know. Replace mana with swish-and-flicks and latin-like nonsense words?
>>
>>48524011
Pre-discovered or programmed spells do a thing on activation of keywords and motions. Get the motions or keywords slightly wrong and... bad things happen.

Hope you've got good diction and muscle control. One of the kids in Harry Potter accidentally vanishes all the bones in their arm. I'd hate to see what happens if you flub up a world destroyer or a reality changer.
>>
File: UthertheLightbringer.jpg (7KB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
UthertheLightbringer.jpg
7KB, 217x217px
>>48524046
How can you even consider that? There's got to be another way. This is not a blighted apple crop, this is a thread full of anons!
>>
>>48524064
God, but this makes more sense than it should.
>>
>>48524124
gb2urn uther
>>
>>48524124
>Says the guy who tried to genocide an entire species
>But won't kill people who are turning into fucking zombies
>>
>>48524137
>yfw even most of the likeable ones are so paranoid about being rejected they'll gladly mind-control everyone around them
>>
>>48524137
>this makes more sense than it should.
How much sense should it make?
>>
>>48524157
You mean the same species that tried to genocide the humans because they turned their own world into a demon-blasted hellhole after drinking the noxious burning green Kool-aid?
>>
>>48522049
Anima: Beyond Fantasy
Force Of Will
Fading Suns
Suzerain
Shaintar
Arcana Unearthed
Earthdawn
Feng Shui
Marchland

We really need some more content that is actually /tg/ related.
>>
https://forums.spacebattles.com/posts/23785061/

>"Quick Update on the Bleach Jump we shall have it ready for reviewing hopefully before Bleach ends."
>>
File: LordDracula.jpg (751KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
LordDracula.jpg
751KB, 1200x1600px
>>48524124
What is an anon?!

A miserable little pile of salt! But enough talk - have at you!
>>
>>48524172
I give no fucks about the Orcs. I care that he was willing to genocide them because they were a threat, but shys away from willing killing people who are turning into man-eating zombies, who make more zombies by doing so.
>>
>>48524046
You're right though. Gnosis over 5 is just so plain overpowered compared to other options in jumpchain, it was entirely necessary to ban it and anything related to it, including things that aren't actually part of the overpowered shit. But we need to keep the inherent drawbacks of the magic system post jump. Because that somehow makes sense with out previous reasoning of justifying inter-jump balance.

God. I will disown the Mage the Ascention jump so quickly if it tries the same shit.
>>
>>48524176
>Anima: Beyond Fantasy
If I had money, I would pay for this jump.
>>
>>48524194
Connection to the species, anon.

He changed his tune after shit got worse.
>>
>>48524193
Die monster, you don't belong in this thread!
>>
File: laughing gul'dan.webm (367KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gul'dan.webm
367KB, 718x404px
>>48524179
SO IT BEGINS

THE GREAT SALTENING OF OUR TIME

>>48524172
>he doesn't want to be a conqueror
>>
>>48522049
The Giver
The Hunger Games
The Darkness

U wot, m8? U think i mistyped the CATCHEMALL?
>>
>>48524046
Gnosis hardcap was a bit odd but was proposed by thread. Arcana hardcap meanwhile in addition to being an extension of the first, makes it so it's an actual choice for what you're good at instead of just making it "choose two you're not perfect at" a it would be at Gnosis 10. Although from what I've seen of the Ascension jump in the making it will get driven off for completely different reasons.
>>
>>48524063
The sad part is, I probably won't. If it tries the same thing, people wit shitstorm and drive the jump maker off a cliff.
>>
>>48524176
>Anima: Beyond Fantasy
Isn't that the fantasy world where the local Jesus figure, Abel, is actually evil and the queen is a little girl or something?
>>
>>48524218
Arthas was Right about Stratholme
He wasn't Right about anything after that, but he was Right about Stratholme.
>>
>>48524225
>conqueror
>implying leader
>implying the Legion won't turn you into a demonic sockpuppet or cocksleeve.
>>
>>48524237
>Although from what I've seen of the Ascension jump in the making it will get driven off for completely different reasons.

Yes, yes it will. For going to far in the other direction, as well as... "philosophical"- and design-related decisions.
>>
>>48524237
Yeah, no, the only issue was Archmastery.
I never signed up for being consigned to this shitty jump. Mage deserves better than what we got.
>>
>>48524222
It is not by my hand that I am once again unbanned. I was brought back by anons, who wish to pay me tribute!
>>
Ok, are we really doing this? Are we pregaming shitstorms? Fuck this thread.
>>
>>48524315
Tribute? You steal anons' posts, and make them bite bait!
>>
>>48522049
My Life as a Teenage Robot
.hack
Garo
Skeleton Warriors
NiGHTS
Seriously, how?
>>
>>48524328
>Ok, are we really doing this? Are we pregaming shitstorms?

What do you mean?
>>
>>48524336
Perhaps the same could be said of all posters, but enough talk, have at you!
>>
>>48524237
There's literally nothing wrong with having no cap on Arcana. It's theArchmastery reality warping that we aren't okay with. Gnosis higher than 5 is only banned and should only be capped for that reason, it extending beyond that isn't a good thing by any measure.
>>
>>48524253
Do you want people to just post Jumps directly to the drive from now on?
>>
>>48524328
You mean you didn't expect this? With how long SB has been a REEEEE-inducing topic, I wasn't surprised at all.
>>
>>48524349
Your posts are as empty as your name field! /jc/ ill needs a savior such as you!

Also you broke the chain.
>>
>>48524364
No, I want people to make good jumps. We got one that was passable with Mage, and even then, that's only tolerable because the other one in the works can fix what Mage the Awakening jump fucked up by effectively replacing it.
>>
>>48524402
Make the Jumps you want to see, or accept the vision of those who do your work for you.
>>
>>48524402
>We got one that was passable
Hahahaha, what? That one was by far the best jump from SB, and pretty good by our standards.
>>
>>48524338
>MLAATR
Someone said they were going to make this a while ago but they disappeared.
>>
>>48524465
I don't blame them.
>>
>>48524402
Look. We get it.

The Mage jump is trash. Gnosis and Arcanum caps are unnecessary bullshit on top of a legitimate issue of banning Archmastery, and the maintaining of Paradox post-jump despite hardcapping things that don't need to be only puts the cherry on top.

But you don't need to bring it up whenever we fucking talk about it.
>>
>>48524432
But that's what Jumpmakers are for. They make Jumps, we shitpost, whine, and drive them away. It's a clear division of labor.
>>
>>48524432
I can't. A shitty mage jump has already been made, and we have a rule of singular jumps going on the drive.
>>
File: 24c.jpg (93KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
24c.jpg
93KB, 625x626px
>>
>>48524503
Sorry, are you new here?
>>
>>48524435
>that piece of trash
>good
Like hell it is. It's a primary example of why SB-made jumps should be banned outright, it's terrible and doesn't belong anywhere near us.
>>
>>48524503
And it's still better than the one you were too lazy to make and never would have.
>>
>>48524536
That's just your ingrained hatred of everything SB does speaking beyond your logical reasoning.
>>
>>48524536
>"this jump is trash because I don't like THIS ONE MECHANIC"

See this line of thinking? It needs to stop.
>>
>>48524061
Dollars to donuts youre literally copy-pasting that.

>>48524095
Wasn't that Lockhart trying to heal Harry? And he fucked up because he's a moron?
>>
If I'm a Psyker, and I import Magnus the Red (from the light of terra DLC) into the generic parenting jump as a babysitter, will the amusing shenanigans that follow be more likely to result in a child that is a capable and powerful psyker in their own right or SuddenlyDaemons.gif?
>>
>>48524481
I honestly think the jump maker should have also forced you to take it as an end jump if you took any other WoD jump rather than having a silly 0 point drawback where continuity maintains between jumps.
>>
>>48524589
>Dollars to donuts youre literally copy-pasting that.
I'm guessing he has a macro that just replies to random posts with that at varying intervals.
>>
>>48524609
Magnus is a temporary companion, and leaves after the end of the DLC.
>>
>>48524609
>>
>>48524612
Now you're just saying shit to piss us off.
>>
>>48524589
I can't tell if he wants to make Team Nerf look bad, make Team Buff look like they're trying to make Team Nerf bad, or if he's just realized that people will leap on you if you say certain things and is really, really lonely.
>>
>>48524627
Yeah, but it says you can import anyone that you had as a friend, not just a companion.

>>48524631
It's not b8 anon.
>>
>>48524635
>Now you're just saying shit to piss us off.
That's this whole Mage conversation, anon.
>>
>>48524646
He might just be really angry about nothing in particular.
>>
>>48524649
>Magnus
>Friend
AHAHAHHAHAHAHA-
>>
>>48524635
Did you just figure that out? Do you want a cookie?
>>
File: jumper&companions.jpg (204KB, 800x994px) Image search: [Google]
jumper&companions.jpg
204KB, 800x994px
>>48522049
Spawn
The Dark Tower
Spelljammer
Left 4 Dead
Greyhawk
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Gumshoe
RIFTS
>>
File: Ainz laugh_2.gif (245KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ainz laugh_2.gif
245KB, 400x200px
>>48524649
>It's not b8 anon.
>>
>>48524674
That's what the Charisma perks are for, anon.
>>
>>48524649
>import anyone that you had as a friend
>'friend'
Oh, uh... Hrm. I'd say YES, but in the way that Magnus 'trains' them - since his idea of 'fun' is probably heretical research and shit like that. The chances of suddenly daemons honestly depends on how much sway you have on the child to use their powers responsibly.

>>48524689
Magnus is Deadlight route in LoT.
>>
File: Jumpers.jpg (61KB, 895x944px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpers.jpg
61KB, 895x944px
>>48523561
Starcraft Terrans-Do I have to face Koreans? Please tell me I don't
0/1600
Rolled for 24
Independent
Researcher
Rolled for D-3974
Import Gnarl as Spectre
Import Heather as Ghost
Free Connections
Discount Immunity
Discount Tech Expert
Psychic-I can get my Companions to train me
Intructor
Free HES
Psi Blade

The Great War+300
Zerg Beacon+300
---------------------
Starcraft Zerg-Give Me Minions
0/1600
Freshly Born
Rolled for Zz'gash
Free Burrowing
Free Willful
Discount Spawner
Discount Essence Spinner
Tumor
Discount Chrysalis
Discount Organic Database
Overmind Model
Free Personal Zerg Strain
Elite Drone(Gnarl)
Elite Torrasque Ultralisk(Forsetti)
Elite Swarmlings(Mooks)
Elite Corpser Roach(Lilith)
Elite Hydralisk(Lupa)

The Great War+0
The Sons of Korhal+300
Hostile Hive+300-Why do Zerg hate me so much?
>>
>>48524687
That isn't Ainz! You have blasphemed against the supreme being!
>>
>>48524666
Not really.

People complaining about the dumb shit in the Mage jump are right, they're just taking it too far, and being assholes.

People disagreeing with them just don't want to talk about it because it annoys them. Some of them are also baiting for responses from the people who can still get outraged about it.
>>
File: 1464108271218.gif (350KB, 515x343px) Image search: [Google]
1464108271218.gif
350KB, 515x343px
>>48524733
>>
>>48524689
>Charisma perks
>On Magnus
Once again, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! For one thing, you don't have them, because of the Deadlight. If you shattered it, you don't get to meet him either. Also, Magnus is a daemon prince. Charisma or not, he doesn't HAVE friends.
>>
>>48524702
>Magnus is Deadlight route in LoT.

If you spend several centuries being incredibly charismatic, you probably would have that shit on lock going into LoT.

>but in the way that Magnus 'trains' them - since his idea of 'fun' is probably heretical research and shit like that.

Well, the warp is much less dangerous in literally every other reality out there, so odds are it's significantly safer. Probably.
>>
File: Justice for Nazarick 2.png (525KB, 800x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Justice for Nazarick 2.png
525KB, 800x1296px
>>48524687
>Pretending that's my Buddy.
>>
So is Mage the new Fallout?
>>
File: Misaka WORST Peeved.gif (479KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Misaka WORST Peeved.gif
479KB, 400x225px
Jump 031: Girl-Chan in Paradise
Drawbacks:
That’s not the real store owner [+200]
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Fightan' [Free]
Shut Up! [Free]
Hot Heat [-100]
I sure hope we don’t run into any more Bushido Blasters... [-100]
Nobody Else is Shocked? [-100]
Secret Power [-200]
Botched Abortion [-200]
That Explains Everything! [-400]
Things:
Sack Full of Quarters [Free]

Misaka Worst & Handmaidens
Fightan' [Free]
Hot Heat [-100]

Sparrow
Fightan' [Free]

"Gaunlet."
"Yeah."
"Where the hell are we?"
"I thought we could use a sort of vacation Jump so we're nowhere near the Plot."
"How does this entertain Jump-Chan?"
"Clones. Evil Clones of all of us."
-Stare-
"Ah, I see this is sarcasm. Haha."
"Yeah about that..."
"Gaunlet, I seem to be experiencing irritation."
"Shit shit shit shit!"
>>
>>48524749
It's all shitposting.
>>
>>48524768
>Strongest magic caster...
Uh, Justice?
>>
>>48524759
>Also, Magnus is a daemon prince. Charisma or not, he doesn't HAVE friends.

That might have been true even before he turned to chaos just because of how much of a nerd he was.
>>
>>48524749
It's shitposters and people not smart enough to figure out they're being baited.
>>
File: PC priorities.png (756KB, 980x1400px) Image search: [Google]
PC priorities.png
756KB, 980x1400px
>>48522049
Murcielago.
>>
>>48524788
I know, I know.
I fucked up on that part, and I'm too lazy to fix it.
>>
>>48524780
No, the Fallout nerf is still horseshit, but Fallout 4 exists to effectively replace it, so whatever, it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>48524733
>>48524768
Then who is it?
>>
>>48524797
Who's who? Are you claiming that any criticism of Mage is just bait to be dismissed outright?
>>
>>48524842
Some asshole Arrancar from Bleach.
>>
>>48524768
Ainz is an enemy of Justice. If Justice is friends with Ainz, Justice is an enemy of Justice.

Quod erat demonstrandum.
>>
>>48524842
Baraggan Louisenbairn from Bleach.
>>
Is there a Banner Saga 2 jump... also is there any low level jumps that are low fantasy (like swords and sorcery one)?
>>
>>48524865
Not trying to redeem the unjust is itself unjust. As such justice must, by needs, associate with injustice for the purpose of deinjusticing injusitce.
>>
>>48524851
Yes. Fuck off already.
>>
File: fund it.gif (809KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
fund it.gif
809KB, 260x146px
>>48524686
>Spawn
>The Dark Tower
>Spelljammer

>RIFTS
>>
>>48524853
>Bleach
>Overlord
Are they really that different?
>>
>>48524865
Touch Me-San is Justice, Ainz and Touch Me-San were best friends. Ainz has just lost his way, and can be brought back to the side of Justice.
>>
>>48524897
>>Spelljammer
>>RIFTS
Y, tho?
>>
>>48524888
Not really. Also no.
>>
File: skilltree.png (884KB, 943x798px) Image search: [Google]
skilltree.png
884KB, 943x798px
>>48522049

Seriously, what's happening with diablo and metroid?

Otherwise, now that the story is finished(?), I may try making a Path of Exile jump.
>>
>>48524851
At this point? Yes. The Jump's in, it's not going anywhere, and incessantly whining about Jumps that are in is utterly pointless unless and until we amend the rules to replace them. So who gives a fuck about yur pinions?
>>
>>48524851
When it's literally the same thing every time, and it's practically incidental to the rest of the Jump, and is literally the only part of the Jump anyone ever bothers to READ?

Yes.

It's like if One Piece was never, EVER discussed when someone wasn't complaining about Devil Fruit weaknesses.
>>
I'm gone for all of four hours and the thread's devolved to shit.

Good. Just. Just fucking wonderful. We can't have nice things, can we.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
Where to next, /JC?
>>
>>48524966
>>48524961
To be frank, that's retarded. You not liking the fact that your waifu is called out on being shit isn't shitposting.
>>
>>48524982
TOME
>>
>>48524955
Do Path of Exiles, it's better than Diablo anyway by a long shot.
>>
>>48524924
Hijinks.
>>
>>48523996
That's how I've always interpreted it.
>>
File: 1390093768047.png (134KB, 331x332px) Image search: [Google]
1390093768047.png
134KB, 331x332px
>>48524955
As far as I know, Diablo's in WIP limbo due to the guy from SB just pretty much making a jump, saying "it's finished" despite the glaring errors, and nobody's touched the thing so far. I've heard talks of folks wanting to take a crack at times, but nothing's come of it.

Metroid, both the guy who originally going to work on it and the guy who was going to pick it up have disappeared months ago. I still have their WIPs, but so far not a peep has been heard.
>>
>>48524982
Rosario + Vampire
>>
>>48524899
Yeah, but you ignored a torture farm, so what do you know about Justice?

You think Touch Me would have let that shit stand?
>>
>>48525029
>Ignored a torture farm
The fuck are you on about? Are you talking about Demiurge's human farm? Because I cut that shit off before it even started.
>>
>>48522049
Binding of Isaac
Silent Hill
Gankutsuou
>>
>>48524984
Nor is you not liking the fact that your whining is actively killing our thread and driving away makers.

It's done. It's over. It's pointless to keep going. Every maker we lose puts us closer to being banished to /b/, or from 4chan altogether. Content is the only thing keeping the mods off our backs, and you're actively working to kill content.

The Mage jumpmaker isn't even here, so you're literally whining into thin air over something you have no power over, and making this thread less attractive to content creators.

So no, YOU are the mental defective. YOU are the cancer.
>>
>>48524966
On a related note, someone help me figure out which Devil Fruit I should pick.

My budget requires that it be Great or lower, and right now I'm leaning towards Paw-Paw. It sounds useful and like it has a wide variety of applications, as well as potentially being able to make stronger foes fuck off if you can get in touch range.

Anyone have any opinions?
>>
>>48524999
On it!
>>48525027
Been there done that.
>>
>Overlord jump
>Bard+Rogue
>Can make yourself sneakier by humming the Mission Impossible theme
Literally the best class combo in the jump.
>>
>>48525070
>which Devil Fruit I should pick.
None of them, being vulnerable to water is retarded.
>>
>>48524961
>>48524966
>>48525055
>if it annoys me that other people find fault in a thing and complain about it too much, then it's shitposting
>people should never complain about anything that isn't an immediate and pressing issue and should lie down and take it otherwise
>I can dismiss legitimate problems as worthless and meaningless opinions because I can't bear to understand the arguments for why they might be issues and hate other people being mean
>I want garbage to flood the drive so that we can maintain a facade of legitimacy
>>
File: laughing devil.gif (996KB, 540x388px) Image search: [Google]
laughing devil.gif
996KB, 540x388px
>>48525101
It's beautiful.
>>
>>48523184
>>48523163
>without the downsides
Like what?
>>
>>48525070
Well, what's your theme? Do you have any preferences on something, any particular goal you're going for?

Paw-Paw is pretty sick yeah, it can really do some abstract things. Op-Op fruit is also pretty horseshit if Trafalgar is anything to go by, and Gas-Gas really starts getting insane once you earn your chemistry degree. Really, it all depends on what best fits with your mindset and your goals.
>>
>>48525101
Holy shit, that's hilarious.

Does that mean if you make bow-chicka-wow porn music sounds when you walk up to someone you'll gain an advantage on charisma checks?
>>
>>48525101
....Fuck that's good, how did I never notice that?
>>
>>48525070
Dark-Dark is capable of absorbing other fruits if you figure out how. I'm not sure if there are any limits on that though, I'm a good 100+ chapters behind.
>>
>>48525131
You only make the bow-chicka-wow porn music sounds after someone makes an innuendo.
>>
>>48525118
Fuck off shitposter.
>>
>>48525101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-sKP17xTw
>>
>>48525136
Note that if you want to do that, though, you should definitely get the version the jump offers you instead of just finding the fruit yourself. It's unclear if the canon Dark-Dark can do that, how Blackbeard steals powers hasn't been addressed and it being from his fruit is just one theory. The version the jump gives you definitely can do that, though.
>>
>>48525070
I like the metal corroding one, and I think it was only 100cp too. Being able to destroy peoples armour and cybernetics is pretty useful.
>>
>>48525055
>any criticism is terrible because it drives away content, no one should say anything mean ever, we should be a hug box wit no concern for quality
Do you want us to turn into CYOA gen?
>>
>>48525048
What about the mandatory blindspot?
>>
>>48525192
I can head them off before they do anything. Also Fuck Brellin and his "this continues even post-spark" bullshit.
>>
>>48525183
>implying
We already are a hugbox compared to CYOA gen. They're way more toxic than we are any day of the week.
>>
>>48525128
Like being hated by everyone for the aura of wrongness that Blanks have.
>>
>>48525192
Even Brellin said that we can influence the NPCs to be better.
Though I still call bullshit on that blind spot existing, because only Ainz has it, because of special circumstances I might add, and even he doesn't have it as bad.
>>
>>48525183
>any criticism

Nice strawman. There's a difference between "this perk needs to be written more clearly" while the Jumpmaker is there to answer for it, and "this mechanic is cancer on /jc/ forever" after you've already murdered the maker and the mechanic is incidental to the Jump anyway.

But you wouldn't know that, would you?
>>
>>48525238
Brellin wants to be a special snowflake. It's why he insisted the blind spot persists even post-spark.
>>
>>48525249
No there isn't. It's literally the same thing, complaining is always complaining, and criticism is always criticism.

In this case, the criticism is still valid, and you're the one dismissing the criticism like you're want to do by strawmanning the argument against it. The mechanic isn't incidental either, what the hell are you even talking about there?
>>
>>48525313
Just fuck off already, we've already heard it, you're just shitposting if you keep insisting on the point.
>>
What are some jumps with some good perks to redeem others?
>>
Have we completely destroyed the terms of shitposting and bait with how badly we over use them beyond their scope?
>>
>>48525355
Anon, you're a bit late.

Those words haven't meant anything since before Quicksilver left the first time.
>>
>>48525355
Quality b8, anon.
>>
>>48525348
Undertale, Nanoha, Generic Magical Girl, Generic Western
>>
>>48525313
It's incidental because he says it is you stupid bitch.
>>
>>48525355
Would you please stop shitposting with such obvious bait.
>>
If you take the extra power perk in Infamous is your additional power modified to your element? If I had cryokinesis and bought video surge would they be wings of ice/snow/cold?
>>
>>48525355
Yes.
>>
>>48525400
Nice shitposting, man. I really like it.
>>
>>48525348
There's one in Generic Magical Girl (Percussive something something) and I think the captain capstone perk from Kantai, and I think one in Lyrical Nanoha?
>>
>>48525348
Naruto. I think there are perks in the Kamen Rider jumps that can help.
>>
>>48525313
>the criticism is still valid
The problem isn't that the criticism is not valid, it's that further discussion is pointless. The jumpmaker has been firm on the issue, and he doesn't hang around here anyways, so continued discussion simply serves no purpose beyond shitposting. Thus, it's shitposting. It sucks, but if you wanted it that bad you should've made the jump first instead of leaving it up to someone else.
>>
>>48525473
Not a part of this conversation, but it isn't shitposting. I know it pisses you ff to see people complaining about it, but it isn't shitposting no matter how much it bothers you. You've butchered that term so badly that I honestly think it nullifies any point your post might have had, and turned it into bait.
>>
So, jumpers, what all are you shoving into your Territories, and is there anything you've put in that you regret doing so? I'm still figuring out my jump immediately before Traveler's Gate, but it seems like the sort of thing that can easily lead to missteps if you aren't careful what you throw in. Core Medals for instance are right out for me, no matter how much fun a plant/Greeed hybrid would be in combat. Also not putting any dimensional movement stuff in so I don't accidentally make Helheim.
>>
>>48525473
see >>48525526
Saying that people shouldn't say anything about something being bad because it isn't going to be changed and you don't like hearing about it means about as much as the complaints themselves do.
>>
>>48525553
Nope. Throw in everything I've ever made or found, including copies of all my research notes, and working model prototypes.
>>
>>48524435
What other jumps are from sb?
>>
>>48525553
You caused this you know. You could have prevented this.

I put tons of enchanted weaponry into it. Mostly magic guns. Lots of stuff from other magic systems in general. Including Ensoul'd objects.
>>
>>48525553
I'm planning as well for what to put in the territory. I'm thinking of putting an S2 engine or something in their, but I may just go and put a Tonelico tower because it's more safe. I also hope to put a Lord of Light Heaven Seed copy in there to see if I can start manifesting all kinds of amazing stuff.
But fuck putting stuff like Cauldron Vials in their.
>>
>>48525691
Cracker Jack, Merchant, Magicka, and Babylon are all from SB.
>>
>>48525553
Just throw in a lot of nuclear weaponry. It should be fine.
>>
>>48525691
Bartimaeus Sequence is SB, as is Overlord (LN/M/A). Vampire Diaries is SB, as well as Heroes. There are probably a few more, but I can't remember.
>>
File: 3o4832482349082390483948.jpg (68KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
3o4832482349082390483948.jpg
68KB, 635x357px
>>48525553
Labyrinth seeds and a shitload of artifacts from Stalker.
Also maybe the little idols you get when you turn people into magical batteries with Totem Transformation from Ben 10.
I'll probably regret that, somehow, but I don't know what the end result will be yet. Chime in if you have suggestions?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg (15KB, 240x198px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg
15KB, 240x198px
Wow TOME takes a bit of work. Quick Question. Do you want me to do Misaka and Sparrows Avatar builds as well? This is what I have right now.

Jump 032: T.O.M.E.
Drawbacks:
Origin: Newbie [Free]
Perks:
Libra System [Free]
Battle On! [Free]
A Hero's Wings [Free]
Lurk More [-100]
Looking for Group [-200]
Git Gud [-300]

Dangerous Duo [-200]
Misaka Worst & Handmaidens (Competitor) [400]
Libra System [Free]
Battle On! [Free]
It's About Time! [Free]
Rank Up! [-100]
Min-Maxer [-200]
Hot Stuff Coming Through! [-100]

A Bold, New Challenger! [-200]
Sparrow (Newbie) [400]
Libra System [Free]
Battle On! [Free]
Hot Stuff Coming Through! [-100]
Lurk More [-100]
Git Gud [-300]

Class: Fighter
Power: The Science of Battle
Perks:
Shoot an Icicle [Free]
Remember the Basics [Free]
I've Got at Least 1 HP [Free]
Swift as a Coursing River [-50]
The Force of a Great Typhoon [-50]
Strength of a Raging Fire [-100]
SHINING TORNADO DESTINY HEARTBREAKER throw [-100]
Close Quarters Kick-ass [-400]
Kiai! [-300]
>>
>>48525790
Heroes was posted on here for feedback and such at least, which makes it better than most SB jumps.
>>
>>48525797
Where have you gone in your chain so far?
>>
>>48525790
So is Coiling Dragon or whatever the fuck its name was. On par with Mage in how bad it is, at the least.
>>
>>48525526
>>48525622
>Saying that people shouldn't say anything about something being bad because it isn't going to be changed
My apologies if that's the way it came across, but that wasn't my intent. The issue isn't with criticism, it's with repeated and pointless criticism filled with mindless rage, and that's what happened in this thread. That's shitposting, anons. He (or they) do this every few threads, and it isn't even remotely constructive. It serves no purpose but to stir up shit, and that is the very definition of shitposting.

>I know it pisses you ff to see people complaining about it
>and you don't like hearing about it
This, on the other hand, I'm confused by. I most definitely wasn't angry when I wrote that post, and even rereading it I'm not sure where you're /both/ getting that from?
>>
File: blank8.png (290KB, 630x542px) Image search: [Google]
blank8.png
290KB, 630x542px
>>48525553
Mostly Divine Constructs. Like, an endless rain of them from a portal. It's quite pretty actually, watching all these shiny crystallisations of whogivesafuck disappearing into the endless abyss.

Other than that I'm just throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks-literally, if that wall was a void without beginning or end. Orgels of Origins grafted with the essence of Judgements and Angels, Seeds of Wonder primed with my anti-TGOALID spells as well as my own will, Gravity Furnaces lined with Correspondence sigils, those dinky little dark matter microverses I retrofitted with Shura God technology. All set to constantly self repair using my Stasis Attribute and E10 Matter powers of course, because my realm needs the realest food possible.

I think the platonic ideals might be the healthiest world chow I've come up with so far. That lamp hasn't gone out for a few years.

Also I awakened its' genius loci specifically so I can just ask it to burp out anything I don't want it to chow down.

>>48525402
Don't think so initially from what I remember, you're just a cryokinetic who can video surge for some reason.

It might be possible to figure out how to combine them if you gather enough Ray Sphere shards, though. I'm pretty sure that's how Cole was able to mix and match his own transfered powers. I just don't know if there's any Ray Sphere bits lying around during the time period you're inserted into.

>>48525742
...pardon?

>>48525872
What on earth are you on about? I don't know what your beef with Mage is, but while it did have a somewhat troubled development, Coiling Dragon wasn't even let onto the drive even after someone tried to sneak it there.
>>
>>48525553
Fluff. Entire planets worth of fluff. Fluff in all the colours of the rainbow. Fluff in density great and low. Fluff that moves and fluff that stays and fluff that latches on and refuses to go.
>>
>>48525348
Beacon of Hope, Kantai Collection.
>>
File: 46787316873518.jpg (49KB, 720x324px) Image search: [Google]
46787316873518.jpg
49KB, 720x324px
>>48525852
Assume everywhere. But I'm not dumping all kinds of technomagical clarktech crap where my travellers can just find it, that'll all be staying in the warehouse itself.
>>
>>48525880
Because you called it shitposting to complain about shit on the basis that it's been said a lot. That just comes off as being salty someone said something you didn't want to hear, or being annoyed because you've seen it so much that you just call it shitposting anyway.
>>
>>48525946
I'd be eaten by the Territory though, they couldn't grab it. They also probably wouldn't be able to use any of that without Incarnating anyway.
>>
File: Overwatch-9.jpg (40KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch-9.jpg
40KB, 760x428px
We're all shitposters now.
>>
>>48525982
I don't think there is an overwatch jump, is there?
>>
>>48525990
Not enough content. be patient.
>>
>>48525990
There will never and should never be an overwatch jump.
>>
>>48525990
Dick & Head are working on it.

Patience, amigo. I know the urge. I want Zarya's gun.
>>
>>48526002
if we can make a tf2 jump, we can make an overwatch jump

maybe not yet, but eventually
>>
>>48525994
>>48526008
Ah, kek. I have only recently started coming back to these threads after a year of absence.
>>
>>48526021
I said that there should never be an overwatch jump. Overwatch is terrible and I hate it.
>>
>>48526008
I want Zarya.
>>
>>48526008
They aren't working on it yet, they claimed it but are waiting for more content before starting.
>>
>>48525946
Ensoul the perk that gives you a territory, then put it in the territory to be absorbed.
>>
>>48526038
If "I hate it" was a valid reason not to make a jump for a setting there would never have been a Naruto, Bleach, Raildex/Index or Twilight.

Stop being a big baby lashing out at everything you don't like because you don't understand other people can have meaningful opinions.
>>
>>48526038
So don't jump it?
You don't have to get pissy every time someone makes a jump of a setting that you personally don't like.
>>
>>48526008
I want the light tech that Symmetra's company has.

The only hardlight machines I know of are Lantern Rings.

Does anyone know where I could get some hard light tech that can make buildings?
>>
File: blank10.png (254KB, 610x520px) Image search: [Google]
blank10.png
254KB, 610x520px
>>48526021
Say Kanon, I've been thinking-you know how you can make a Webway because of Eldar jump?

What would be the likely consequences of using Viator of Nullspace in the Webway?
>>
>>48525965
Still...hang on. Preserve the Land, from Legend of Mana, turns a place into an object. Territory turns the item into powers for your travellers? So I wonder what happens if you integrate that object into a Territory.
Like if you go to movie X-men, Preserve The Land on Xavier's School, then put the resulting hat (or whatever) into your Territory, your travellers get uber good at learning to control their power? Is that how it works?

>>48526059
Wait, wouldn't that recursively allow my travelers to make territories? That seems like a b͍̮̘̕a͓̹̞̼̖͖͙d̺̘͜ ̼̺̪̘i͘͞҉͙̼̠d͠҉̗̲͎͍͇̻̘͙̖e̘̦̪͉̙͓͠á͓̱͓͚̬̤͠͡.̸̧̞͈̣͓̺
>>
>>48526063
>>48526071
No, you don't understand. I hate that Overwatch even exists. I hate Blizzard for making Overwatch, and I hate other people because they play Overwatch. An Overwatch jump would be an abomination just as terrible as any of those things.
>>
>>48526071
I remember someone called even pissier about Dragon Age: Inquisition. Like holy shit, WAY pissier. Put Antired to shame in sheer fannyflustery.

And yet, we have a Dragon Age: Inquisition jump. One of the best on the drive, if I do say so myself.
>>
>>48526089
Gem tech from Steven Universe has a whole bunch of hard light stuff.
>>
>>48526110
>One of the best on the drive, if I do say so myself
Wow. I guess someone really can be this stupid.
>>
>>48526089
I think Code Lykto has hardlight stuff as well?
>>
>>48526109
Oh waah, waah, waah.

I hate anime. You don't see me bitching.
>>
>>48526110
>And yet,
More like and so.
>>
>>48526109
Because it's popular, right?
Maybe you should go back to /v/.
>>
What is the best perk for converting mana into physical abilities?
>>
>>48526109
No, you don't understand. Your hate isn't a valid reason to ban a jump. The fact that you're butthurt that a corporation is doing what it does best i.e. make something that appeals to the lowest common denominator doesn't give your whims any more validity than Hitler. And considering how the Twilight, Once Upon A Time and Buffy jumps turned out despite their source material, that last one's just a plain fallacy.
>>
>>48526124
Good images, good perks, challenging drawbacks-what's not to like unless, say, you're some whiner who doesn't understand or accept the premise of jumps taking place in different continuities so your precious canon doesn't have to be ruined if you don't want it to be.

>>48526134
I don't even know what you're trying to say here, samefag.
>>
>>48525990
I want two things from an Overwatch jump:

A "the world could always use more heroes" perk that lets you inspire people to greatness, and a perk that lets you find way to help people find ways to turn things that are "wrong" with them into positives.
>>
>>48526142
Fighting spirit from Mushoku Tensei, it lets you use mana like most other settings use ki, channeling it through your body to enhance your physical abilities.
>>
>>48526089
It's not exactly tech, but Lightbringer has hard light. And soft light. And liquid light.
>>
>>48525947
Yeah, that makes it shitposting. Saying "This is bad because of reasons X, Y, and Z" isn't itself shitposting. Hijacking a Jump by saying "this is bad because of reasons X, Y, and Z" every five threads after the Jump is finalized is shitposting. At that point, what you're writing is immaterial, because what you're saying is "pay attention to me! I have an opinion!"
>>
>>48526147
>Buffy

Is Buffy not liked here? I've never watched the show, but I generally got the feeling that people at least found it okay.
>>
>>48526147
But those jumps suck.
>>
File: loliabuse.jpg (375KB, 1021x848px) Image search: [Google]
loliabuse.jpg
375KB, 1021x848px
>>48526170
>a perk that lets you find way to help people find ways to turn things that are "wrong" with them into positives

Delicious. I too, require this perk now.
>>
>>48526165
>I don't even know what you're trying to say here
I'm saying it was made specifically to spite him.

>samefag.
What?
>>
>>48526125
Code Lyoko was more digital stuff rather than hard light. I mean, Franz could probably MAKE that kind of stuff, given the idea, time, and resources, but as is, no, it does not exist in the Code Lyoko world.
>>
>>48526182
That is exactly what I am thinking of but are there any others?
>>
>>48526093
that... is an excellent question

AFAIK, webway doesn't interact with realspace outside of the gates, and the webway doesn't interact much with the rest of the immaterium

Worst case scenario: webway gets torn open, letting in daemons

Best case scenario: tweaking webway paths for easier navigation and giving the dark eldar a really bad day
>>
>>48526217
Eh, it's not as bad as the rest but-well, it WAS one of the first to popularise the whole bad-boy-turned-good-except-not-really vampire stereotype, with all the angst that entails. Special effects haven't aged well either.

Also the final BBEG was pretty much a clipshow of past BBEGs, which I'm told cheesed some people off.

I guess Supernatural might've been a better example, barring some reason talk about Angels I recall.
>>
>>48526219
What the fuck is that photo from?
>>
>>48526219
>That image
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>48526216
>Yeah, that makes it shitposting
Not that anon, but no, it fucking doesn't. Stop perverting the meaning of shitposting.
>>
>>48526235
This perk. Hard light holograms.
>Polymorphic Clone (400 CP, Discount Whiz Kid)
>You have learned how to project hard light holograms. It requires a projection device, but it’s simple to build, has a range of several dozen miles, and is not blocked by intervening obstacles. It is, however, extremely power-hungry and large enough to be immobile and conspicuous.These holograms appear to be real in every way, but sufficient damage can disrupt them. You can alter the hologram’s appearance on the fly, temporarily turn it intangible, and alter its physical capabilities within reason. It normally needs constant monitoring, but you can program a very basic AI to perform maintenance for you, and to even control the hologram as a fake human, though its intelligence and social abilities will be far below normal. Whether you monitor it yourself or assign an AI, you must constantly run a program from a controlling computer to project the hologram; it is extremely processor intensive, and any disruption in runtime will deactivate the hologram.
>>
>>48526229
My mistake, sorry; I thought that was some kind of insult I couldn't understand.

>>48526218
You suck, and your mom sucks me. See? I too can act like a childist moron who substitutes evidence with opinion. We should run for the US elections together.
>>
>>48526274
>>48526275
I don't even remember.

It's probably not blue board-OK though.

I just found it lurking in my cute anime girl reaction image folder, like a tapeworm nestling between slabs of prime beef.
>>
>>48526095
It really depends on what your Territory is. Yeah, it'll become more powerful by giving it things, but generally speaking it just gains abilities themed after what the item represents in context to the Territory, scaling in power to the power of the object feed to the Territory. If it's too strong, people probably wouldn't be able to use it without Incarnating.
>>
>>48526279
How is it NOT shitposting? Bringing up the same argument over and over forever, regardless of how appropriate it is, just because you're salty sounds like shitposting to me.
>>
>>48526142
Baten Kaitos Origins has Sagi, Can I Eat Her? which turns temporarily turns magical power into physical ability.
>>
>>48526264
> the final BBEG was pretty much a clipshow of past BBEGs

I like to imagine that in the literally sense.
A person showing a slideshow presentation of the BBEGs like they were vacation pics and the protagonists have to try to not claw their eyes out from boredom.
>>
>>48526362
That one looks good, thanks anon.
>>
>>48526314
Past clearly hated future you and had setup traps for you.
>>
>>48526374
>Not video clips fused together into some kind of unholy, stock footage golem
>>
>>48526170
>The World Could Always Use More Heroes as a perk
Thats Genius, I'd like a "We Are Overwatch" perk that allows you to keep a team together through thick and thin, even enemies at each others throats would fight like they were a crew their whole life together.
>>
>>48526279
That's not me (aka >>48525473)

>>48526216
>Saying "This is bad because of reasons X, Y, and Z" isn't itself shitposting. Hijacking a Jump by saying "this is bad because of reasons X, Y, and Z" every five threads after the Jump is finalized is shitposting.
Eh. Just saying it is fine. The issue is both the frequency and the method. If he was just clearly and concisely making his points, that'd be fine, but instead he's trying to stir up shit.
>>
File: 1469812228031.jpg (111KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469812228031.jpg
111KB, 889x500px
>>48525990
>0 CP drawback where, due to some bizarre temporal anomaly, it's high noon for the duration of your stay
>>
>>48522049
Alice: Madness returns
Kya: Dark lineage
Divinity series
Saint's Row
Ringworld
Any steven king based jump
Tera
Arch Age
Eve online
MMA
Berserk
Elfen Lied
When they cry
Birdy the mighty
Abenobashi Magical Shopping District
>>
>>48526325
It isn't shitposting because that isn't what shitposting means. Shitposting is attacking people for no reason, spewing nothing but insults, and off-topic or inappropriate-to-the-board bullshit.

Some would argue that jumpchain itself is shitposting. Assuming we aren't though;

Talking about a jump- Mage the Awakening, addressing the jump with criticisms and arguments, trite though they might be, isn't shitposting.

Repetition of an argument or criticism, regardless of whether or not it is capable of, or even meant to exact change, doesn't make it any less right or wrong. It doesn't make it shitposting either.

There were a lot of insults in there, and some of them were probably personal. Those were shitposting, and should be reported. Regardless, there we're a sigifigant number of post just complaining about the jump and not insulting in explicit terms anyone in particular, these weren't shitposting.

It's significantly more related to the topic of jumpchain, and relevant and appropriate than this meta-conversation, which could constitute shitposting because it's pretty offtopic.
>>
If you choose to be a Farseer, are you equivalent to an Alpha + human Psyker?
>>
>>48526585
I like our made up definition of what shitposting means better. Can't we just go by that standard instead?
>>
>>48526581
>Saint's Row
We have a Saint's Row jump. It's under Imaged.

>Berserk
We have this as well. Not imaged.
>>
>>48526593
Nope.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Psyker#Comparing_Psykers
>>
>>48526581
>Saint's Row

Imaged folder, purple file

>Berserk

Unimaged, kinda meh but it's an old jump. Really old.

>Elfen Lied

being worked on by HeavensAnon.
>>
>>48526593
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Psyker#Comparing_Psykers
>>
File: 1452194621695.png (631KB, 670x472px) Image search: [Google]
1452194621695.png
631KB, 670x472px
I dislike the offered options and designs choices of some jumps.
>>
>>48526643
>>48526666
That link says the Emperor is actually weaker than Alpha+.
>>
>>48526701
Ya gotta be more specific than that, anon.
>>
>>48526638
>>48526648
Opps. Should have taken a second look.
>>
>>48526585
So if I repeatedly posted the exact same response to this post, over and over again, dozens of times, that wouldn't be shitposting? OK then.
>>
>>48526585
Not him but-as far as I can tell, the original poster's criticisms boiled down to "I wanna be an Archmaster" despite/because of those being absurdly powerful reality warpers that can eventually do everything epic level D&D wizards can (assuming you don't try your luck with Wish) without any kind of limit beyond personal mana while existing in a personal dimension only other Archmaster can assail them in, and "I want to master all the Arcana" despite the jumpmaker having provided some reasoning, from an intrajump perspective, that the very way the MtAw TTRPG's Arcana progression is set up.

>inb4 but we're jumpers we need special treatment

Then he should've gotten Softcap or Folded 100 Times or whatever, not complain about the jump being true to the source material.
>>
>>48526701
Just be honest.

It's all shit.
>>
>>48526707
And there's a reason for that. Alpha+ is a Psyker classification like Infinity is a number- It's more theoretical than actual.
>>
>>48526701
You also need to eat, and to piss. Congratulations, you're just like everyone else.

>>48526707
Unless The Hive Mind is the only Alpha+ you're wrong.
>>
>>48526707
it's in descending order
>>
>>48526701
I am of the opinion that your death would better humanity as a whole.
>>
>>48526707
It says he is the strongest Psyker other than the Tyranid Hive Mind.
>>
>>48525553
I'd suggest putting in a key crest from tales of symphonia. It lets you only absorb as much energy as would be beneficial. Think that'd work to stop travellers from incarnating?
>>
>>48526727
Jumpchain was a mistake.

I don't think anyone would seriously contest that.
>>
>>48526725
Fuck the source material.

Jumper comes first.
>>
>>48526723
No, that's spam. You can't claim things posted in different threads or even different arguments in the same thread is spam either.
>>
File: StopPostingSatan.png (203KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
StopPostingSatan.png
203KB, 500x375px
>>48526666
>Looks at my post again
God damn it. I have to post this now.
>>
>>48526709
You know, that one jump that did the thing with the words that were typed out in the document.
>>
>>48526725
Except you didn't read any of that fucking argument if you believe any of this post, which misinterprets the opposing side's argument in such a way that they can be dismissed as powerwankers despite never having said anything to that extent.
>>
>>48526787
good news: 4 sixes means it ain't satan
bad news: that means it's slaanesh
>>
>>48526738
>>48526741
It says:

There is the tacit assumption that this category contains the Emperor and his "notably-psychic" Primarchs (unlike Corax & Sanguinius who may or may not have been psychic at all) but even he admitted there were limits on his power, specifically that one could not be both All-Seeing and All-Powerful at the same time.
>>
>>48526832
But there are only 52 women in my Harem, I'm nowhere near Slaanesh.
>>
>>48522468

Generic Videogame Developer

>It started with a pixel +0
3D gaming is coming much faster in this world.
>Doing it for the Art +300
After 200+ jumps money isn't an issue.
>Digital Half-life +100
I work well under pressure.
>Small Game Company -100
>Designer
Always like creating new worlds.
>Trilogy (free)
>Short Development Time -100
Nice for meeting release dates.
>Story (free)
>Guitar Hero -200
I'm thinking lots of John Williams style.
>The Jumper Parable -300
My characters will be waifu'd so hard.
>Bring it to Life -600
And they will be fine looking waifus
>Multi-Platform -100

Start off in 1970 and quickly quit from the company I start off in and found by own developer, Apex. At this point Pong is two years from release and becoming the first successful arcade game. Needless to say, with my chain's tech skills, I blow the competition out of the water. My computer power, display systems and audio are so advanced compared to 1970 equivalents I actually make more money selling computers and TVs then game systems.

Eventually I break off parts of the company to create separate studios to break the monopoly I have in the market. The parent company Apex remains the top developer thanks to me and the VI I create to help build the games.

Sometimes I have fun creating a beloved character spanning multiple games only to have them die in the most tragic way possible. After the period of inconsolable crying I go on gamer forums and smile at the rage storm of people calling me a monster for killing their waifu.
>>
>>48526784
So as long as I only post the exact same thing once per thread it's fine?
>>
>>48526852
Because fans, and even the writers, waffle about whether Alpha+ means "notably more powerful than an Alpha level Psyker" or "Infinitely powerful"
>>
>>48526780
Fuck yourself. There is literally no reason that should be so apart from "I wanna have the biggest e-peen" which is fucking retarded.

>>48526828
I read >>48524046 and this is what I gathered from it. Please feel free to explain it to me if you disagree.
>>
276. Generic Video Game Developer
Staring Era: 1990, Location: AMERICA
Perks: It's My Game!, One Hit Wonder (-200), Code Monkey (-100), Story, Guitar Hero (-200), The Jumper Parable (-300)
Companion Import (-200)

CAFE: Indie Artist, It's My Game, Drawing, Ultra-High Settings (-200)
Roberta: Small Game Company Producer, Trilogy, Teamwork is Best Work, WTF is a Boolean? (-200)
SoB: AAA R&D, Multi-Platform, Hardware Necessities, Modularity (-200)
Isaac: Small Game Company R&D, Trilogy, Hardware Necessities, Modularity (-200)
Toby: AAA Designer, Multi-Platform, Story, Guitar Hero (-200)
Chris: Small Game Company Designer, Trilogy, Story, Guitar Hero (-200)
Kerbals: Indie Programmers, Trilogy (-100), Code Monkey, Hit A Key Any Key (-100)
Argit: AAA Producer, Trilogy (-100), Multi-Platform, Teamwork is Best Work, It's Not A Bug It's A Feature (-100)

The Kerbals in this one were a shared resource between the Jumper and Team CAFE, because they just seem to keep making and improving Kerbal Space Program if left to their own devices. That's also why I had to deny them the "It's My Game!" perk. Not every game needs a rocket building section. The themed content-packs whenever they started working on a new game were nice, though. Kerbal space programs with dragon-engines is pretty hilarious, especially just watching them fly off to hunt goats after a certain altitude.

I kind of Miss Ko'el for this jump, after these many, many millenia. He actually made games and game shows as a hobby. I'm having a lot of fun thinking about the games we would make.

Thanks Tamerai.
>>
>>48526855
>Rolled 6666
Slaanesh has introduced your waifus to /d/, flee to protect your ass!
>>
>>48526882
I forgot my name, but my companions are in a decent chunk of my posts, so i'm not sure it matters.
>>
>>48526725
Gnosis >5 =/= Archmastery. It's a requirement, sure, but it's also a requirement for a lot of other things. Banning Arcanum above 5 stops most of the issues, and doesn't leave us unable to get the third attainments from legacies. Yes I know the jumpmaker is supposedly making a DLC for it, but the fact they're having to make OC to allow part of the setting to function as normal should be a big indication something isn't right.

Apparently he also didn't want people to be able to train all arcanum bar two to 5, which is a bit annoying, but understandable.
>>
File: The Princess, I guess.jpg (117KB, 746x960px) Image search: [Google]
The Princess, I guess.jpg
117KB, 746x960px
Anyone feel like giving Gamer/Minion Master another toss? I dunno why I'm so into this idea of "toss minions at a problem until it goes away"
>>
>>48526780
Nope. Jumpchain. Jump. Chain. First Jump, then Chain.
>>
>>48526874
>>48526968

We wanna talk bait?

Because that shit right there was bait.

Please tell me it was bait. I have to believe.
>>
>>48526942
Has he been to A Song of Ice and Fire?
>>
>>48526725
>>48526874

>archmage
I never fucking said I wanted access to archmastery, don't fucking lie about what your opposition thinks and says just so you can strawman them. I never fucking asked for that, no where was it even implied I wanted that or though it was a good idea to just give away or allow.

>Arcana
This on the other hand is bullshit. It's fucking hardcapped for one thing and there's nothing that can circumvent that, so you don't even know what you're arguing about. No amount of bullshit will ever allow you to acquire more Arcanum than that defined by your Gnosis, which makes no sense, because Archmastery is banned because it's bullshit strong from an inter-balance perspective, but what about Arcanum and higher Gnosis? Those don't mean Archmastery, so why are they hardcapped? They aren't nearly that absurd on their own for that matter, so why?

>Paradox
What the hell? Why is this mandatory drawback of the magic system maintained on the basis of the spirit of the setting when there are things hardcapped by interjump balance?
>>
>>48526855
>But there are only 52 women in my Harem
Bad news, buddy. That roll means they aren't women anymore. Well, they aren't only women. Your harem is now Slaanesh approve/d/.
>>
>>48527016
He has not, Toss Accepted.
>>
>>48527040
Don't pretend like you were misrepresented.
>>
Do we have a Psycho Pass Jump?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVnjn5eQN44
>>
>>48526865
Yeah. It is.
>>
>>48527040
>>48526902
Just shut up about it. It isn't productive, it's repetitive, and your arguments have nothing of value.

If you don't like MtA at this point, then it's pretty clearly just out of some kind of irrational disdain for it because it shut down your powerwanking boner, and you're still salty about it.
>>
>>48526889
>>48527060
Slaanesh hands that one out like candy doesn't he/she/it?
>>
>>48527014
Not bait, genuine opinion. Making a Jump fit the setting should come first, making it fit Jumpchain should come second. I want a Jump to feel like an adventure into another world, not just another game of "how much shit can I buy?"
>>
>>48527192
Don't know about the other guy but I like it, and have put it in my chain. However, just because you like something doesn't mean you can't acknowledge it has problems, or logical dissonance.

Anyway, I only made the one post, and now this one, so I'll leave you and the other guy(s?) to it. Have fun!
>>
>>48527224
No not your post, I mean the fuck you responded to.
>>
>>48527129
Not that I'm aware of. Make it.
>>
>>48527244
Oh, got it. I'm surprised, though. People tend to hate when a Jump imposes any kind of limit on them.
>>
>>48527224
Then it should give Archmage as an option, but it doesn't because it's a jump, not a CYOA. Jumps are made to be parts of chains.

Archmage is broken as fuck and so it was banned. Because this is jumpchain, not CYOA. What you gave isn't ajsification for not giving all the power to a jumper outright and limiting the most egregious powergrabs; what you argued for was the opposite.
>>
>>48527129
Not currently but I think someone's already claimed it.
>>
Um, excuse me, Soul Eater question. Uplift, the Witch capstone, says you can make demon weapons with enough study and research. I thought demon weapons were the people that could turn into weapons, like Soul. Am I missing something here?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg (56KB, 343x693px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg
56KB, 343x693px
How about another Jump for me, eh /JC?
>>
>>48527040
>Paradox

Not him but it exists because otherwise it would make the magic system way better than it is in canon. Same reason why Magecraft continues to deteriorate outside the Nasuverse.
>>
>>48527315
The witch Arachne (supposedly) created the first demon weapons by using the soul of a witch--probably on a person.
>>
>>48527315
Well, if I remember correctly, Arachane created them before the start of the series, so I guess you'd just be doing whatever she did.
>>
>>48527335
How about Megas XLR? Do you dig giant robots?
>>
>>48527315
I thought it was the other way around-that demon weapons are a kind of weapon that can turn into people?
>>
>>48527345
>>48527348
Oh, okay, well then, I guess I use Uplift to turn people into weapons-
>>48527362
Wait, wait, hang on. So, is it that she created the weapons that could turn into people, and then they had kids, thus creating people who turned into weapons, or did she mutate people...
I'm really confused here.
>>
>>48527356
Sure do!
>>
>>48527342
That means jack shit when you can ignore it with Conjoined Conjures anyway.
>>
>>48527400
Just take a couple of charisma perks and find some opposite-sex partners, then you can make all the demon weapons you want.
>>
File: Warhammer 40k.png (68KB, 338x329px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer 40k.png
68KB, 338x329px
>>48527016
Song of Ice and Fire-
0/1400
Rolled for Dorne, 298 AC
Noble
Free Weapon Proficiency
Free Mine By Right
Discount A Quiest People
Discount Gregarious
Free Heraldry and Words- "Fall before the Tide"
Free Castle Forged Steel
Free Pouch of Gold
Free Fine Clothes
Free Land Deed
Brave Companions(300 to bring in 8, 450 to give them all 300CP)-Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, Lupa d'Angela, Arianrhod, Female Hades, Akitsu, Heather
Throne
Dragonglass Cache

Quest:Best Dynasty Ever-Does it count as a Dynasty if I can live for 300 years my damn self?
A Long Night+300- What part of "Insant Army, just add Buffs" do you people not understand?
Bastard+100- Why not, I already am

Well, that was easy. I don't think Westeros was prepared for magic on the scale I pull, never mind the technology if I choose to use it. Crushing Littlefinger under my heel is going to be fun.

Next.
>>
>>48527442
Evangelion.
The look on Gendo and SEELEs' faces will be amazing.
>>
Just wanted to mention that a DanMachi Jump is being made... well that and ask for some advice so it doesn't start a shit storm like The Game jump did.

Is limiting the Levels to Lv 10 and requiring making the challenge to level up scale in ALL ways with the Jumper enough?
>>
>>48527362
No oldest demon weapon around is Giriko, who is one of the first, and is far more concerned about being a man, than being a chainsaw. Or at least he was when he accidentally turned himself into a woman.
>>
>>48527503
I don't know. It honesty seems like too much, unless levels also scale with the jumper. If they only give specific, normal to the setting in scale boosts, that seems frankly like a terrible idea.
>>
>>48527426
>interjump balance

And now that opinion means jack shit.
>>
>>48527544
Your opinion in the first place was based on inter jump balance though.
>>
>>48527503
I know nothing about the jump, so I don't know why limiting the levels to 10 would be a good or a bad thing.

I don't know how much of a bonus people get from leveling up is, but I would think leveling up should be the same for the jumper as everyone else.

Maybe, and I'm making guesses here on how the system works, a jumper's level should just reflect their power level with all their abilities taken into account, and they should suffer from the same "it gets progressively harder to level up" thing that I expect exists.
>>
>>48527476
>I can turn into a Kaiju that spawns Kaiju
They are gonna be horrified of at me. But I'm not going Type Blue. Gamer isn't about Personal Power, he's about getting as many Minions as possible.
Sadly Evangelion won't help with that, but Type Orange is fun.
>>
>>48527503
I don't see the need.

From what I heard here, DanMachi levels and attributes seem to be independent from one's previous/base abilities. Even if it's not, I don't think it's like The Gamer with flat percentage boosts being thrown around like candy.

There's no softcapping effect in either case, and even if levels grew infinitely, the requirements (again, from what I've heard) for levelling up make reaching anything truly ridiculous one of the most unbelievably suicidal wanks around.
>>
>>48527567
I might be mixing this up with AdEva, but isn't there an angel perk for spawning little babby angels?
>>
>>48527591
>one of the most unbelievably suicidal wanks around.

Clearly you haven't SEEN a lot of the wanks that've happened here.

The blood, man. THE BLOOD WAS EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>48527597
There is not, someone told me that before, but there isn't
>>
>>48527597
That's AdEva, I think. Though if you combine the Angel form with the Broodmother perk from SCP, you can do that too.
>>
>>48527503
It depends if the boosts are equal to your abilities. If you get the same boost that everyone else would from going up a level I'd say that it's fine if you only get the same power that others would so the challenge should be the same. Looking forward to it. Will we get the option to give others Falnas? And I assume their will be a perk to let us update ourselves?
>>
>>48527620
>>48527597
Wait, we have an AdEva jump?
Where?
>>
>>48527503
Will this jump answer the question of whether it is, in fact, wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?
>>
File: 1407896343460.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1407896343460.gif
387KB, 269x270px
How the heck does the + 150% drawbacks in Megas XLR work?

Have a slight headache and it just isn't getting through properly.
>>
>>48527649
Nope, just me crossing the streams, no cause for concern.
>>
What about a jump in the style of corruption of champions? Without all the lewdness, just focus on the corruption and transformations.
>>
>>48527673
You get 50% more CP. So if you'd get 100 CP, you get 150. 200 > 300, 300 > 450.
>>
>>48527649
Oh, oh no, we don't have an AdEva jump, but one of the Angels types from AdEva could spawn lesser angels. One in particular was weak by itself, but dangerous because it had a special ability to slow the Evas down, and would spawn a swarm of lesser angels to eventually wear them down and destroy them.
>>
>>48527559
Wrong. I support the retention of paradox because it represents the normal capabilities of the magic system. Removing it, on the other hand, would be tantamount to asserting that because entropy doesn't exist as understood scientifically in some settings your laser cannon shouldn't need to be recharged, or that psyker powers shouldn't carry any risk of blowing up in your face.

You, on the other hand, are saying you SHOULD be able to just handwave away the built-in limitations of a magic system just because.
>>
>>48527702
WELL I GUESS THREAD'S IN AUTOSAGE ANYWAY.
>>
>>48527702
>implying even that would get accepted

You know nothing, Jon Snow.
>>
>>48527702
That's probably the worst way you could've put it, anon.

That jump is banned, and /jc/ harbors some serious hatred for it.
>>
>>48527541
>>48527591
I guess so, but the levels are supposed to be 'steps' to godhood AND more along the lines of Dnd levels.

Ok, so maybe just nullify ALL perks when it comes to Leveling up then? If its down to just the Jumper then they would be unlikely to cause trouble.
>>48527638
You can choose to be a 'God' as one of the Origins. I made sure to Nerf that bit hard but even the Drop In can give Falna's if they want.
Expensive though...
>>48527664
No, i'm actually adding a Harem Perk
...you did just give me an idea though
>>
>>48527731
what?
>>
File: 1429993660384.jpg (49KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1429993660384.jpg
49KB, 500x444px
>>48527705
Wow that's pretty impressive. Here's to going all in!
>>
>>48527673
If drop-in takes Captain Obvious, they get 150 cp. If any other origin takes it, they get 100 cp.

In addition, the bonus cp you get from choosing drawbacks from your origin doesn't count towards the 600 cp limit.
>>
>>48527744
Good to know.
>>
>>48527664
That depends. Do you consider Bell "close enough," and have you been to SMT?
>>
>>48527702
So generic fantasy corruption jump?
>>
File: blank19.png (139KB, 399x330px) Image search: [Google]
blank19.png
139KB, 399x330px
>>48527649
Would an AdEva jump even be possible? Is there enough material in it to separate it from normal EVA? I thought all the new parts of its' plot were essentially optional modules.

>>48527664
I'm pretty sure that answer depends on the context of the girls being in said dungeon.

I know literally nothing about DanMachi, though.
>>
>>48527702
I think that's a bad idea. The setting is inherently sexual, and even if you go out of your way to write around the sex stuff, people will still be unhappy because the source material is inherently pornographic.

If you want to write something with corruption and transformation, I'm sure there's some series out there that places a heavy focus on loss of humanity.
>>
>>48527753
>I made sure to Nerf that bit hard
...Why? Serious question here, Gods are already massively nerfed by coming down to the mortal world insetting, what more would you need to do to them, beyond clarifying that getting sent back is getting sent home?
>>
>>48527794
yes.
>>
Rolled 47, 323 = 370 (2d605)

>>
>>48527843
Seems too niche for a generic. It's basically just "I want CoC, but I don't want to call it CoC." Or an attempt to make an OC Jump and pretending you're not. Either way, I don't think it's a good fit.
>>
>>48527702
You'd have more luck making an El Goonish Shive jump, because with that it's at least not blatant porn.

Even though I think the fact that it tries to present itself as non-sexual means it ends up even creepier than the explicit porn.
>>
>>48527834
I left them the same as Canon mostly, i just added a note that should stop people power gaming them. ie they are basically BodyMods with some nifty Perks and insetting extras.
>>
>>48527811
There's actually a whole lot of new material to work with. In AdEva, there are things called Choirs, and what Choir the angel comes from determines what type of angel they are, and how difficult an opponent they are. You have long range bombardment angels, spawner angels, brute angels, reality warping(sort of, like Leliel) angels, it's much more diverse than canon. You also have different types of Evangelions, different equipment. You have new plots, you have special pilots who can manipulate A.T. fields, hell some can even create Sea of Dirac like things and teleport. The setting takes Eva and expands it to incredible degrees. Hell, you even have some where the angels you fight aren't even from Adam or Lilith, but other Seeds of Lfie!
>>
>>48527876
Is that still running?
I haven't been back to that since i abandoned Sluggy Freelance for Schlock Mercenary
>>
>>48527426
Conjoined Conjures, Real Eater, Sacroficial Bestowment... jumpers, any other boring perks you wish people would stop constantly talking about?
>>
File: Friendship, maybe.jpg (153KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
Friendship, maybe.jpg
153KB, 760x596px
>>48527476
>>48527442
Evangelion- Giant Angels? Meet Summons.
0/1100
Pattern Orange, Rolled for 26
Rolled for 2010 AD, Germany
Discount FTFM'd
Discount Pattern Ultraviolet
Discount Genre Savior- FUCK YOU GRIMDARK BULLSHIT! I've got summons!
Magnificent Basterd- As if this wasn't already true.
Free Plane Ticket Out of There
Good Threads

Congratulations+100- Is the lesson that throwing Minions at things solves all of life's problems? Because I learned that a couple hundred years ago. Shit, has it been a thousand years yet?

The plan was simple. Take on my Elf-form, and constantly Summon and Buff creatures and throw them at Angels until they go away.
While my Human form wonders who the fuck that thing is.

Next.
>>
>>48527924
Robot Unicorn Attack, in gauntlets.
>>
File: blank14.png (334KB, 653x555px) Image search: [Google]
blank14.png
334KB, 653x555px
>>48527894
...oh wow.

Yes. Yes, I like everything about this already-

>other Seeds of Life

-shit. Which means...double tang?
>>
>>48527931
>Not being allowed to throw minions at the problem until it goes away
I refuse.
>>
>>48527728
Is it even magic? To me it just seem reality warping if paradox wasn't there to limit it.
>>
>>48527753
Would it be possible to have a perk that lets you hide magical tattoos like the Falna? Just realised that my jumper has a ludicrous amount of magical symbols on them.
>>
>>48527938
I refuse your refusal.
Failing that, Lego.
>>
Hey guys, how about a huniepop jump?
>>
Does anyone have any idea what 'Biomechanical Demonoid' gets you in the Buffy Jump?
ie do you get ALL of Adams stuff, and do you HAVE to look that butt ugly?
>>
>>48527299
You obviously have no idea how to design a CYOA. There's such a thing as "internal balance," you know. If an option would reduce a CYOA to "here's your one option and a bunch of shit you'd never choose," they tend not to do very well.
>>
>>48527894
What would the other seeds of life even be?
>>
>>48527952
What about just using makeup?
>>
>>48527957
Is that porn? My eight and a half seconds of google makes it look like porn.
>>
>>48527935
Sort of. The Seeds themselves don't appear, and the goals of the other angels can vary. Some just wanted to contact mankind but didn't know how to, others were trying to destroy us because they thought they had to, and on top of that, there are also the reasons and plots the DM comes up with.
>>48527972
Well, Eve, for one. All of the seeds of life are just sentient terraformers, basically, so you could name them after any 'first' human.
>>
>>48527952
I think that was one of the Gods powers
I didn't spell it out though, so sure.
Its a fairly minor perk, might not be perfect though, Just good enough to hide from casual view.
>>
>>48527957
Ignoring the issue of lewdness for a moment, is there even enough to huniepop to make a jump? Like it's basically the lovechild of a match 3 game and a barebones dating sim.
>>
>>48527997
Well yeah, but I mean like Adam has the fruit of life. Lilith has the fruit of knowledge. Would the others be like wisdom or something?
>>
>>48527955
I can accept Lego, after I eat though.

>>48527991
Not really. It's like a parody of Dating Sims, that plays every cliche straight despite that.
>>
>>48528017
Unless the last update added a ton of stuff... No way in hell. It might classify as an add on, but thats about it i think.
>>
>>48527876
El Goonish Shive is theoretically Junpworthy, but there's a lot of mechanics which have been recently introduced but haven't been explained yet so it's probably going to pull a Johj on whoever tries to do it.

Also, seconded. I feel like having a bunch of casual nudity and a character who feels like that's totally natural, then covering up her nipples and genitals with random censorship birds, at best comes off as a profound lack of self-awareness
>>
>>48528015
Cool. Thanks
>>
>>48527923
Oh no, the fun police!
>>
>>48528031
Eh, maybe? I don't recall that ever being mentioned.
>>
File: 1443438767721.jpg (183KB, 690x935px) Image search: [Google]
1443438767721.jpg
183KB, 690x935px
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>48527753
Oh shiny and I'd love that. Just make sure that you read the fine print of how Leveling actually works. It uses the final stats of the last level as the Baseline 0 and then you get GAINS. Bell's power is ridiculous cause he can viably have exponentially more GAINS that anyone else each level, meaning his next level has a much higher baseline.

Also,

Jump 033: Megas XLR
Drawbacks:
Where's First Gear? [+150]
What Does this Button Do? [+300]
My Own Worst Enemy [+450]
I (don't) Got Your Back [+0]
Origin: Driver [Free]
Perks:
I Don't Know Nothing [Free]
Engineer [-100]
Acceptable Damages [-200]
Context Sensitive Buttons [-300]
Homing Beacon [-400]
Mind/Machine Interface [-600]
Gear:
Retro Collection [Free]
Mega Slushie Machine x2 [-100]
Null-Space Computer [-100]
O-D For Dummies [-200]

There is some seriously fun shit in here. Me and my Blood Knight counterpart are absolute pants at everything and we get into more than a few knock out drag out brawls, they were slap fights okay. Misaka, the still unnamed Handmaidens, and Sparrow do a lot of carry for this Jump, thank god. The massive cool robot that has all of my combat skills and perks goes onto the Mansion from my time back in Inukami.

Quick Question, can you reverse engineer the Megas XLR-2 after the drawbacks have been lifted, Because figuring out how Mighty Skill: Martial Arts became a modal for a giant robot is going to nag at me.

Lower than thirty-five and I've failed the Jump. Where to next /JC?
>>
>>48528068
Quick. Hide anything anyone likes to talk about.
>>
>>48528050
What happened recently?

I read the series up until about two years ago. Mostly fueled by habit and hatred of myself for doing so.
>>
File: blank15.jpg (12KB, 292x165px) Image search: [Google]
blank15.jpg
12KB, 292x165px
>>48527941
You're...not wrong.

Mage the Awakening magic is fluffed as as using the symbolic power of having an intrinsic connection to one of 5 platonic ideal realms in order to manipulate reality, which is subordinate to them due to being, er, less rea to make a long metaphysical conversation shortl. Magic comes from being enlightened in order to achieve said connection in the first place-which means reaching for the realms' power across the Abyss-and Archmastery occurs when your soul has been so soaked in enlightenment you become much, much better at traversing between the Supernal and Fallen (read: mundane) worlds to the point you can forge your own private subspace road across the Abyss and become something more than human.

Though fun fact: Dark Eras reveals the Abyss has existed since BEFORE the Fall of Atlantis. The Wise-the neolithic mages predating Atlantis-think it's simply the primordial chaos from which the world arose, which now defines everything that does not exist

>>48528050
The funny thing is, I picked it up in the first place because it started out about two guys fighting a slime monster one of the guys accidentally made.

And then basically all things I liked about it-Lord Ted, the science lab full of evil mutants-got thrown by the wayside for glorified bisexual slice of life, and I just got bored and wanted to read something else.
>>
>>48527728
In that case, Archmages should be allowed. They aren't, so fuck off with Paradox, it's contradictory to try justifying both.
>>
>>48527342
Magecraft doesn't keep getting worse outside the Nasuverse, it just stays as it was during the jump. Doesn't get innately worse and it doesn't get innately better.
>>
>>48527941
What's the difference?
>>
>>48528066
Here
Anon… Mouse?: <A Perk Based off Hestia's handwriting>
>>48528095
No worries, the few mechanics have been hunted down and thoroughly analyzed.
>>
>>48528034
>>48528039
Generic Dating Sim? Would that even work?

Drop In for meta stuff
Date-er
Date-ee
??????
>>
>>48527728
>If you remove Paradox, the magic is more powerful than it normally would be in its own setting, and that's ground to keep it, and no it isn't inter-jump balance to say that
>but it is inter -ump balance to say you can make that problem go away
No, your argument is completely based in inter-jump balance. It's also totally nonsensical.
>>
>>48528207
Right. And retaining Paradox ensures the same thing is maintained for Mage magic.

>>48528169
Plenty of OP things are lock off post-Spark; why don't you try arguing for an unrestricted Path to Victory? Or check out those Darksiders capstone buffs. And frankly, Archmastery is potentially more OP than all of those in the long run. You're just conflating shit to justify your own position.
>>
>>48528307
See below, I've explained it's the same as Magecraft from Fate. Now why don't you try justifying getting rid of Paradox, thereby altering the fundamental nature of how Mage magic even works?
>>
>>48528335
>Darksiders capstone buffs
Good fucking luck, considering they're not even canon.
>>
>>48528294
Harem protag, tsundere protag, Yandere protag...
>>
>>48528348
Fair point. Could be argued they're an analogue for high-end supernatural powerhouses in the setting, though-and the Drop-In one most certainly IS canon.

But fine, the Devil Survivor 2 maximum drawback has a pretty substantial post-Spark reward thing.
>>
File: Fun.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>48527955
>>48527924
Lego-
0/1000
Rolled for Ice Planet 2002
Rolled for 20
Drop-in
Free Everything is Awesome!
Discount Follow the Intructions
Discount All This Is True Because It Rhymes
Discount Master Builder
Vroom!
Free Orange Transparent Chainsaw
Discount Deed to Heartlake City- You know, I'm collecting a lot of Lands, Buildings, and other such things.
>>
>>48528294
Well many characters in dating sims do kind of fall in to Archetypes. You do have the Tsundere, the protag, The Cloudcuckoolander, the childhood best friend, etc. I would imagine those would be the backgrounds and the perks would reference various tropes common in dating sims as well as reference various dating sims.
>>
>>48528390
>Devil Survivor 2 maximum drawback
Isn't that the one where you get the Heavenly Throne, the Akashic Record, and the Factors if you end your chain there, and the first two if you keep going and end it later?
Because yeah, that's pretty fucking huge.
>>
>>48528494
What do the first two give you?
>>
Would a level 29 wizard be strong enough to command D&D dragons with the Merlin Dragonlord perk?
>>
>>48528537
As long as they're below level 29?
>>
>>48528494
That's the one, yeah. There's a reason why that drawback's unwinnable by most.

And Archmasters are potentially capable of doing similar things to what they can given enough time to grow in power.
>>
>>48528537
Tricky question, because D&D dragons scale with age. You could certainly control nearly all dragons, but there's probably a few out there out of your control.

>>48528494
What >>48528510 said - what does the Heavenly Throne and Akashic Record do, precisely?
>>
>>48528537
If they're weaker than you or you defeat them. Though, they probably won't like it.
>>
>>48528614
Sorry if that's unhelpful, by the way. I just don't know how they stack up to a level 29 Wizard.

So I'll just go with what he said:
>>48528606
>>
>>48528510
>>48528606
The Heavenly Throne is the seat of power from which the Administrators rule the Devil Survivor 2 multiverse. It's also the mechanism that allows them to manipulate the Akashic Record, which has access to all the data of everything that ever was. Essentially, they can modify, add, or delete anything. It's deletion ability can be blocked, but only because Alcor, who is part of the system, taught the Hotsuin clan how. So, basically, you'd at least rule the DS2 multiverse, and you would be able to warp reality as easily as if you were accessing a computer, while also having access to the information about reality itself, and how it works. You also get four Swords, each incredibly powerful, to serve you.
>>
>>48528606
>>48528510
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Akashic_Record
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Polaris

In a nutshell? They're the hardware which the Administrators use to control reality in the iteration of the SMT timeline where Canopus is a thing. They use it to erase worlds into void, although it apparently takes a few days to take effect. They can reset timelines, and replace people missing from timelines with artificial human-Sword hybrids. They can make themselves invincible to everything but a few, specific things like the Dragon Stream-which was taught to humans by another Sword, and thus implicitly some sort of cosmic cheat code.
>>
>>48528606
How about the "Ancient" Copper guarding the temple in the Scales in Balance adventure from the Dragonlance jump?
>>
>>48525348
Kung Fu Hustle
>>
277. Skullduggery Pleasent
Origin: Drop-In, Age: 12
Perks: Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Real Nice Hair, Tailor Made (-100), Beautiful Sorrow (-300)
Magic: Shield Magic (-300)
Old Pals (-200)

CAFE: Detective, Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Tailor Made (-200), Doors Are For People With No Imagination, Teleportation
Roberta: Monster Hunter, Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Come and Have A Go, Sword Skills [Gun] (-200), Tunnelling
SoB: Monster Hunter, Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Come and Have A Go, Sword Skills [Chainsaw] (-200), Muscle Magic
Isaac: Detective, Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Doors Are For People With No Imagination, Keen Observational Skills (-200), Energy Thrower
Toby: Detective, Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Doors Are For People With No Imagination, Keen Observational Skills (-200), Sensitive
Chris: Monster Hunter, Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Come and Have A Go, Sword Skills [Swords] (-200), Teleportation
Kerbals: Drop-In, Beautiful Sorrow (-300), Energy Thrower
Argit: Detective, Pick A Name Any Name (-100), Doors Are For People With No Imagination, Keen Observational Skills (-200), Elemental

I wasn't really expecting Asriel to join team "We punch through our problems", but I guess he's who you'd expect to end up in the evil-side support group. Asriel is still pretty easy to mess with, so Valkyrie and Skullduggery had a lot of fun with him. Also, his code-name was Mortival Diefic. I took a sideline this jump, mostly because they seem to have things handled? Asriel actually just prolonged the story because he's actually capable of calming down darksides with hugs and cuddles after TOME.

The shields are nice, though. I use them as coasters, tables, chairs, upside-down domes for teacups.
>>
>>48528654
>>48528659
...this shit only works in DS2 right? Because I cannot see any reason actual reality warping cheat coding isn't post spark.
>>
>>48528694
No, it is post-spark. Also an End-game scenario, I believe.
>>
>>48528654
>>48528659
What the ever loving fuck does the thing that got sealed until post chain do if this is what's allowed?
>>
>>48528694
It's the post-spark reward. Ending your chain in DS2 gets you the Factors post-spark as well, while ending it later "only" gets you the Heavenly Throne and the Akashic Record post-spark, along side what other end game reward you got.
>>
>>48528668
Ancient Copper Dragons have a CR of 22. That's considered a decent threat for an entire party with an average level of 22. So a single level 29 caster is just slightly stronger than that. So you could probably command it, but with difficulty since you're close in strength.
>>
>>48528668
Never mind, I looked up ancient dragons, I am just going to sneak past it.
>>
>>48528725
>>48528709
Oh. Ooooooh. I'm dumb guys. Misread on a huuuuge scale here. Thought the first two were what you got if you DIDN'T end your chain there and kept going, rather then what you got after your whole chain if you kept going. Whoops.
>>
>>48528718
It does that. That's the post-spark reward.
>>
>>48528725
What can the factors do that the first two don't already? It seems like the Throne and Records cover pretty much everything.
>>
>>48528735
Seriously? Huh and I had just given up on that plan. . . Am I underselling a level 29 wizard?
>>
>>48528668
Yeah, pretty sure a level 29 wizard should be able to overpower a 23HD/CR17 Ancient Copper Dragon on their own. I mean, just reading the stats, which vary by D&D edition. So Dragonlord *should* be able to command them.
>>
>>48528718
>>48528761
This is all locked till post-spark, but the Factors give you control over time, space, heat, and force. According to Alcor, the only reason that Canopus could be harmed or even opposed when he had these is because Miyako and Yamato were both in the same reality, which caused a glitch in his systems. Otherwise, he would be perfectly immortal. He'd have perfect, absolute defense, and any attack he launched would be perfectly fatal. That's pretty much exactly what they say. It's the ultimate power, and it made Canopus the Divine Order of the Universe. A being that even the Administrators considered transcedent.
>>
>>48528785
So the Throne can't alter those 4 things then? Or can it only alter them imperfectly?
>>
>>48528718
Archmastery?

Here, check near the bottom of these articles for what an Archmaster of each arcana can potentially do. Sure, some aren't as impressive as others-but they're all eventually attainable.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Arcanum_(MTAw)

Oh, and-the Exarchs are godlike entities who control all reality through a series of conspiracies and minions; one of their Ochemata-a small fragment of their very being that defines/is emanated from their personality-is a Rank 6 spirit, in short considered unstattable for the purposes of a nWOD game. They're also the first Mages to cross the Abyss to the Supernal Realms i.e. what Archmasters are on the cusp of doing.

That's right: Archmasters are basically baby Exalted Primordials.

>>48528699
At least you're honest about that. Reminds everyone to report you next time you spout your spiel again.
>>
>>48528795
Only imperfectly, and you'd need the Throne and the Record on hand to do it. Not only that, but the Throne and the Record can not be used in combat, as seen with the cast killing Polaris, though in some endings where that is not the goal she does instantly undo all damage done to her upon her "defeat", before recreating the world. Meanwhile, Canopus can do it by himself, and as I mentioned before, could use them to create the perfect defense and offense.
>>
>>48528735
Though bear in mind that dragons are purposefully under-CR'd because loldragons, CR system is a steaming pile of bull anyway, and Wizards are Rape, especially since an Ancient Copper only has sorcerer (with cleric and certain domain spells) casting 15 and is thus just 1 level short of Mind Blank.
>>
>>48528537
That might be difficult, apparently using magic in Dragonlance is like doing drugs, any wizard is going to have a hard time doing anything.
>>
>>48528880
Neverwinter Nights, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Ravenloft?
>>
>>48528862
Nnnnot sure how you got that I was asking for Archmastery info but thanks?
>>
File: 1236657928285.jpg (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1236657928285.jpg
58KB, 800x600px
>>48528880
...so pretty much like World of Warcraft where magic is literally addictive.
>>
>>48528795
Apart from what >>48528864 said, from what I understand it's more that it uses those things as control mechanisms to achieve everything else. Which is why stealing them let the DS2 crew punch Canopus in the tentacles until it died.
>>
>>48522510
Writing this as I read through it.

Page two has a lot of blank space. Might want to tighten up page one so that so much isn't wasted.

Age and such for the not-student origins? And what if we don't wanna work at Sainan, or as something other than a science teacher?

Flare? I think you might mean Royal Flair. To flare is to spread out, or a burning projectile. Flair is style and such.

No prices for the Research Lab or Cruiser.

replace Rito...without his plot shields so... so what?
In general, a lot of whitespace and it wouldn't hurt to proof the sentence structure a bit before posting.
>>
>>48528908
...mainly because the whole reason I brought up DS2 was to illustrate why >>48528169 is full of shit, but my bad.
>>
>>48528906
Not sure about those but the lvl29 thing probably means Dragonlance since that is the level you get for taking all the arcane perks.

>>48528910
Wizards there apparently spend lots of time just casting pointless spells just for the feeling of using magic.
>>
>>48528927
Its only v.2 part of that space is room for images at the bottom pages and such

I did in fact mean Flair thanks. As for prices I have priced out things yet.

Thank you.
>>
>>48528910
You know you want another hit of the good stuff druggy.
>>
>>48528959
>Wizards there apparently spend lots of time just casting pointless spells just for the feeling of using magic.
To be fair, wouldn't we all?
>>
>>48528880
>apparently using magic in Dragonlance is like doing drugs
Umm... ok I'll admit it's been a while since I have read the dragonlance stuff but I don't remember this. Is there somewhere specifically this is mentioned?
>>
>>48529000
Yes but in less of a "magic is awesome" way and more of a "magic is marijuana" kind of way.
>>
>>48528294
>??????
Cuck.
>>
>>48528959
and this is why you go sorcerer
because fuck studying a book for hours on end just so you can get your hit when you can make boom in a flick of the wrist any time anywhere!
>>
>>48529010
I fond this on the Tvtropes page.

>High Sorcery is said to be addictive for some of its users. Wizards casting spells are described as feeling as though the magic is coursing through their body like quicksilver, complete with a feeling of empty lethargy when the spell is over. There is even mention of hedonist mages who do nothing but cast Useless Useful Spells over and over just for the sensation it brings.
>>
>>48528968
I see the v.2. Just offering some observations, a few of which helped me when I was making my own Jump. Eager to see where this one goes.
>>
>>48529064
I appreciate the feedback, a lot of the prices won't be added until I'm up to v.5 because I want to try and balance them, and I'm still rereading the manga.

I really appreciate the serious feedback
>>
>>48529059
Yeah, it's pretty great. I just wish it lasted.
>>
>>48529045
But wizards get more stuff to play with, in pretty much ever respect actually. No reason not to just go Sorcerer in a different D&D jump to get that freedom of use.
>>
>>48529117
eh, I guess
personally I can't wait for a pathfinder jump so I can get Bladebound Magus levels
>>
File: sonic mania.gif (3MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
sonic mania.gif
3MB, 540x304px
Rolled 8 (1d8)

Don't mind me, just rolling a start point.

>1. Dragonlance
>2. Raildex Science
>3. Dragon's Crown
>4. JoJo
>5. Megaman Classic
>6. One Piece
>7. Kingdom Hearts
>8. Fire Emblem Awakening
>>
When creating a high level D&D character can you choose their feats from all they are qualified for or do you have to build them up in steps?
>>
>>48529145
I hear ya.

Spiritualist, White-Haired Witch, Wildblooded Sorcerer, Primalist Bloodrager, Mesmerist. Promethean/Preservationist Alchemist - the possibilities are endless.
>>
File: blank4.jpg (10KB, 279x212px) Image search: [Google]
blank4.jpg
10KB, 279x212px
>>48529045
I went mystic myself because arcane magic just seems to draw trouble there. At least divine magic doesn't seem to come with any compulsions without sponsor whispering in your ear and as long as you train yourself to not think about swirls or the color green while using mystic spells.

>>48529000
Not technically magic but-the main thing I've ever used the Force for is to shoot lightning at nothing while screaming at the sky.

>>48528910
Anyway I don't remember Dragonlance that well but to be fair there's addictive, and then there's ADDICTIVE when it comes to magic. Like the diference between breaking a DF Law. And given high level WoW mages/druids/warlocks/cleric/paladins don't devolve into twitching addicts, destitute magic addicts I always figured WoW magic addiction was manageable, like cigarettes, as long as you don't do something stupid like dunk a whole archdemon in the Sunwell and ruin the stash forever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1cafL0l-Mo

Uma Musume jump when
>>
>>48529146
Wat do, /jc/.
>>
>>48529200
What

What is this

NO, WHAT IS THIS.
>>
>>48529219
You make a Fire Emblem Awakening build?
>>
>>48529185
>and as long as you train yourself to not think about swirls or the color green while using mystic spells.
What?
>>
>>48529145
>>48529184
I want some of dem Mythic Ranks. It'll probably never happen, but I like their flavor more than Epic D&D.
>>
>>48529200
Horse Girls?
>>
>>48529235
>>48529200
>>48529270

it's a game. from what I can tell, you run a racetrack, but all the racehorses are cute girl with horse ears and appetites. Thought it was an anime when I first saw it, was major disappoint.

>>48529085
I'll be keeping an eye out for it. 'mcalled Jane.
>>
File: [PTSD INTENSIFIES].gif (165KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
[PTSD INTENSIFIES].gif
165KB, 400x225px
>>48529200
Is that even out yet

More importantly, why? There are better choices that are honestly ANYTHING
>>
>>48529181
The correct way is to build them level-by-level. But why do you need to do that? Are you jumping FR or something?
>>
>>48529246
>Power is belief, yet one need not look to the heavens for an anchor of faith. Turning inward, you’ve learned to believe in yourself and channel the divine magics inherent in the world. This power is greatest when it is effecting either the self or beings of some spiritual nature, such as spirits or beings tied to a spiritual plane.
>greatest when it is effecting either the self or beings of some spiritual nature
>you've learned to believe in yourself
>and channel the divine magics inherent in the world
>believe in yourself
>>
File: 1272072574791.jpg (140KB, 529x512px) Image search: [Google]
1272072574791.jpg
140KB, 529x512px
>>48528970
I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT TO.

ANY TIME.
>>
>>48529181
In steps. Any time they would get a feat, they can take anything they qualified for at the time.
>>
>>48529332
Hey, do any of the options in MCU make you an Inhuman?

Just curious if Hive is a problem.
>>
While we're on Dragonlance and divine-powered stuff: What've people used the Epiphany perk for?
>>
>>48529235
I am not exactly sure what it is but I think it boils down to Japan is really weird sometimes. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and accept; Ok that's a thing now apparently.
>>
>>48529323
>This power is greatest when it is effecting either the self or beings of some spiritual nature, such as spirits or beings tied to a spiritual plane.
Actually, what does this mean? Do they get bonuses of self-buffs and spells that affect summons and the like?
>>
>>48529349
No, nothing in the MCU makes you an Inhuman.

Not in Part 1, anyway.
>>
So, apparently the Shadow-Shadow fruit gives one a weakness to light? How exactly does that manifest and how strong is it?
>>
>>48529373
No one likes a tease, Red.
>>
File: free-hype-gif-487.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
free-hype-gif-487.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>48529373
>dat spoiler
HYPE
>>
>>48529379
>and how strong is it?
Don't worry, anon, it's pretty light.
>>
>>48529321
Apparently if you go the immediate power route in Dragonlance you can start with the spells and feats you would have at that level. If I could take any feats I qualify for I could take things like the Auto Metamagic feats and the Ignore Material Components feats to get rid of a lot of the stuff I don't like about the vancian system.
>>
>>48529379
It doesn't make you weak to light so much as the fact that your powers are shadow-based means that they're dependent on lighting conditions. You need to cast a shadow to use your solid shadow powers, and your opponents need to be casting shadows for you to steal theirs.
>>
>>48528294
Background Character?
>>
D&D question: Do feats taken for one class apply their bonuses to related classes? If I took 'ignore material components' or 'searing flame' for my sorcerer levels, would I be able to apply them to my wizard spells? Cleric spells? Spell-like abilities?
>>
>>48528294
Cut route best character?
Forbidden route?
Disregard romance, aquire robots?
>>
>>48529487
Yes.
>>
>>48529487
Aren't feats applied to the character not their class? They should.
>>
>>48529516
>>48529522
Okay, thanks.
>>
Are Soul Eater Witchs' magic connected to their souls? Would taking Strong Soul boost it?
>>
>>48529487
You don't take a feat "for" a class, you get feats at certain HD, which may or may not be class levels. Feats apply to your character, and while some feats are specifically limited in scope to a particular level ("get 5 extra skill points" for instance), most are not.
Some classes give bonus feats, but even then they're only "for" that class specifically if the class feature list says so.
>>
>>48529398
>>48529400
Long story short, out of fear of MCU jump getting bloated and having gotten bitched at in the past for constantly updating the jump with every new movie, I'm going to just write up a Part 2 when Sorcerer Supreme comes out. That way we can have further Agents of Shield development, Civil War/other shenanigans, and I can update Part 2 more as movies come out.
>>
>>48529591
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>48529419
Well, at level 29 sorcerer, you would qualify for 6 Epic level feats, plus the 8 standard feats (maybe plus another one if you're human). So you couldn't burn all 14 feat slots on epic feats.

>>48529487
Generally, yes, feats apply their bonuses to all class skills and abilities, depending on the feat's wording. But some feats specifically apply to certain class abilities. Most don't.

For example with Ignore Material Components, most cleric spells have a "divine focus" requirement, not a "material component". So you still have to wave your holy symbol around when casting ressurection, even if you can ignore the 5,000gp worth of diamond dust you need.
And Spell-Like Abilities usually don't have a material component at all, so that feat doesn't affect that.
>>
>>48529591
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>48529591
Awesome. I've seen the new trailer for Dr Strange and I'm hyped about the magic.
>>
>>48529663
Wonder I'd Asgardian shit is partially magic after all?
>>
>>48529614
>And Spell-Like Abilities [...], so that feat doesn't affect that.
Not to mention that metamagic doesn't apply to SLA's.
>>
>>48529591
>>48529663

Am I the only one finding the direction odd?

They'd focused on making almost everything in the MCU related to science / spacefuture nonsense. Like, even the Infinity Stones are apparently science-y in origin.

And now SUDDENLY BOOM MAGIC.
>>
>>48529719
Can't have a Doctor Strange movie without magic being a thing.
>>
>>48529719
What's the point in being a sorcerer if you can't sometimes go SURPRISE MAGIC BITCHES!
>>
>>48529614
Wizard but damn, then again the notes say that I can take level granting perks multiple times for extra levels if I take some drawbacks I can get what I want (and more starting spells).
>>
Senran Kagura Jump wen?
>>
>>48529689
I always assumed it was fully integrated magitech with some pure stuff here and there.

The Asgardian option in the MCU jump in particular only gives you tech, which is why I always pass it up, even though it's hella buff.
>>
>>48529719
Given the talk when they announced it they may be having a superficial 'dimensional energy' explanation, or a little bit of 'no really it is science *cough it is actually magic cough*' going on.
>>
>>48529719
They kind of backpedaled in the second Thor movie, referring to things as magic again.
>>
>>48529788
When you make it.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 900x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 900x460px
>>48529689
Thor says magic & science in his world are same thing. They obviously have high tech, but their tech might as well be magic. How else you explain Loki's illusions?
>>
>>48529591
Is there any chance we could get our own Helicarrier?
>>
>>48529790
I mean, it can give you illusion magic and elemental powers that don't require technology, which seems pretty magical to me.
>>
>>48522468

Any chance you can up the drawback limit B0ss?
>>
>>48529745
Worth asking, what edition are you using for this crunch? Because some of the answers people are giving you are using different editions.
>>
>>48529823
I found a character builder application and decided that it would be fun to build an entire character for the jump.
>>
>>48529818
True, fucked up my point there.

I meant the Retro-Engineer upgrade specifically. Either I run that it's magitech and the Perk ends up a hell of a lot weaker than it seems intended to be, or I run that it's mostly pure tech in which case the mystique that draws me to Asgardian stuff is gone and I might as well not bother buying it.
>>
>>48529844
Any other classes than Wizard taken? Non-human race? If you're a 1-hd race (human, elf, dwarf, that sort of thing) and have no other classes or sources of HD, then you have 7 standard feats, 4 bonus wizard feats (taken from a preset list, found here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/sorcererWizard.htm), 3 epic feats and 3 bonus epic wizard feats (taken from the premade list here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/classProgressions.htm#epicWizard). Plus an extra feat at first level if you're human.
>>
>>48529951
Just a human wizard.

It seems that at level 35 with just 100 cp of drawbacks I can get 10 epic feats, enough for three ranks of each Auto Metamagic feat and Ignore Material Components.
>>
What are some perks that would allow me to wipe all niggers off the face of the earth?
>>
>>48530009
Oh hai /pol/, how's your sex life?
>>
>>48530009
nice bait but
>political perks
>bioengineer death virus to only target negroids
>Set up space program and give them their own planet so they're no longer on earth and can live happy healthy lives
>>
>>48530098
hahaha an all-nigger planet would probably look even worse than Detroit
>>
>>48530008
That would work, yes. They'd have to be in the right order, due to skill rank prereqs, but you could spend all your Epic Feats on them.
Of course, you'd be unable to actually cast Epic Spells and would have horrible, horribly wasted several of those feats, but it is a rules-legal build choice.
>>
>>48530157
>would have horrible, horribly wasted several of those feats
Why is that? Is there something in particular that you'd recommend?
>>
>>48530049
>>48530098
Don't feed it.
It's that pleb-tier 'chumpchain' troll.
Kindergarten level trolling. It's just disappointing.
>>
>>48530157
Worth it to be able to just will all of your spells into existence.
>>
>>48529864
I think you missed the point for that perk, to Asgardians Magic IS Science.
They have a scientific explanation for magic and use magic in their Tech. I'm guessing they also use their knowledge of Science to buff their Magic as well. So when you get the basics of their Knowledge, you get a scientific version of the basics of Magic.
So you then have the theory behind Magic and if you can cast Magic, then you can use that knowledge.
Since Knowledge is Power with Magic...
>>
File: Excited.gif (1MB, 493x365px) Image search: [Google]
Excited.gif
1MB, 493x365px
>>48529591
Eeeeee!
>>
Someone knock us off the board and make a new thread?
>>
>>48530144
eh. orks gotta start somewhere.
>>48530284
thread's slow, may as well. It's retarded but not off topic. want to talk about waifus and how shit yours is?
>>
What is the best way
>>
>>48530157
250 points of drawbacks, Level 41, add Epic Spellcasting, and three other additional epic feats; what would you recommend for those?
>>
>>48530394
My way. Bitch.
Thread posts: 698
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.