[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Standard General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 39

File: 1469573787572.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1469573787572.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
Turtle Tribal edition

Hey lads, I've decided on this shortlist. It's too big though, I need to drop 14 more cards. Any suggestions? I'm considering getting rid of Uncaged Fury but that double-strike potential has won me games before. I don't want to end up card or mana-screwed so cards like Drag Under, Grip of the Roil, and Contingency Plan seem good but I don't have enough room in this deck for them.

Instant (26)
3x Dispel
4x Expedite
4x Galvanic Bombardment
2x Glint
3x Rush of Adrenaline
4x Titan's Strength
2x Turn Aside
2x Turn to Frog
2x Uncaged Fury

Sorcery (7)
4x Slip Through Space
3x Take Inventory

Creature (17)
1x Bedlam Reveler
4x Elusive Spellfist
1x Niblis of Frost
3x Sanguinary Mage
4x Stormchaser Mage
2x Weaver of Lightning
2x Zada, Hedron Grinder

Land (24)
4x Highland Lake
9x Island
10x Mountain
1x Shivan Reef
>>
>>48517873
Work on the landbase a little. Wandering fumarole is still around.

Goldnight castigator turn 4 makes for a very effective beater if you get it early on the battlefield

TITI could be a wincon for you as well.

Another nibilis of frost?
>>
>>48518483
Eh. Goldnight Castigator is a 50-50. On one hand you just protect it with removal and counterspells, on another the other hand you have effectively 10 HP and you're dead to any boost spells if they have one or two creatures on the field.
>>
>>48517873
How can one make that turtle work in std?
>>
>>48518813
It needs a really defensive shell.
>>
>>48518846
kek
o
rino
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Can you guys help last minute tweaks? Human G/W

2x Odric, Lunarch Marshal
2x Intrepid Provisioner
3x Tireless Tracker
3x Pious Evangel
4x Hanweir Militia Captain
4x Veteran Cathar

2x Equestrian Skill
2x Survive the Night
3x Ulvenwald Mysteries
3x Weirding Wood
2x Not Forgotten
4x Confront the Unknown
4x Gryff's Boon

2x Westvale Abbey
2x Warped Landscape
4x Fortified Village
8x Plains
8x Forest
>>
File: PermeatingMass.jpg (102KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
PermeatingMass.jpg
102KB, 223x311px
>>48517873

you can currently buy a playset of this card for under 4 dollars. just a reminder.
>>
>>48519389
Alternative cards I have that can be subbed in:
2x humble the brute
2x tenacity
3x silverstrike
2x bound by moonsilver
4x hope against hope
4x expose evil
4x strength of arms
3x true-faith censer
4x neglected heirloom
>>
Trying to work on a Starfield of Nyx deck before it rotates out. Shell looks something like:

x4 Starfield of Nyx
x3 Dead Weight
x3 Lunar Force
x3 Silkwrap
x2 Stasis Snare
x2 Oath of Jace
x2 Oath of Liliana

x3 Wasteland Strangler

x1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
x1 Ob Nixilis
x2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

x2 Languish
x1 Declaration in Stone
x3 Anguished Unmaking

I'm thinking of putting in some permission, in the form of Dispel, Scatter to the Winds and maybe Negate to help out against the bant company matchup. Initially I wanted to slide in Demonic Pact and Angelic Purge for some spicy tech but am having problems finding room for it. Sideboard was also going to include gimmicky shit like Horribly Awry and Ulamog's Nullifier but that's only because I don't know what better options exist. How could I improve the deck?
>>
File: trashman.jpg (44KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
44KB, 300x400px
>trash brews general

This thread is shit and you're all shit. Play a deck that cashed the Open (read: Bant Company or something that reliably beats it) or kill yourself.
>>
>>48519720
Thanks for reminding me, bought for me and for friends
>>
>>48520323
A fag like you tried to CoCo 3 times looking for a Queller to counter my fogs.
He didn't make it and I milled him with my shitbrew :^)
>>
>selfless spirit is just getting more expensive
f
>>
>>48520641
speaking of which does anyone want to send me one for 495!! pucapoints
>>
>>48520053
>>48519389
Any advice at all appreciated
>>
File: Image (2).png (143KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
143KB, 223x311px
Absolutely crazy card
>Recovers Make inventory and Catalog for MAXIMUM DRAW
>Recovers Radiant Flames/Planar outburst and a counter to stabilize yourself
>Madness enabler
>Rad name
>Rad art
>Cheap

What's not to love?
>>
>>48520836
arashin foremost
>>
File: 1363291291768.jpg (113KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
1363291291768.jpg
113KB, 453x576px
>>48520540

>I'll take things that never happened for 600, Alex
>>
>>48520902
How will it help? I have no warriors
>>
>>48521008
And now I realize it was sarcasm. Shoot me
>>
>>48519389

drop draft chaff, add good cards like always watching, town gossipmonger, kytheon, declaration/silkwrap/stasis snare. If you want to use green then you have dromoka's command, sigarda herself, that new GW rare guy that gives other people +1/+1 and lifelink.
>>
>>48521415
Thanks for the advice. I'll look for those when I get there, although I fear they're out of my range
>>
>>48518483
Why pick Wandering Fumarole over Shivan Reef?

TITI is a little too expensive for me right now. I have a Goldnight already but I'm worried that I'll get fucked if I bring it out under the wrong conditions. Seems like a dead card for most of the game.

Another Niblis of Frost may not be a bad idea.

>>48517873
How do I reduce this deck though?
>>
>>48521433

Town gossipmonger is like 50 cents, just like stasis snare/silkwrap. Heron's Grace Champion (The new GW guy) is a bargain bin rare. Sigarda is like 2$
>>
I just want to play the same style of red aggro that was around in OG Innistrad standard.
>>
>>48520860

Yeah this thing is actually busted.
>>
>>48521769
Only red deck worth playing at this point is Big Red tbqh fampai
>>
File: 120258_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
120258_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/migraine-4/

I love how deep in my deck I get in six or seven turns. RR Bedlam Revlers with optional Creation triggers is about as tits as Tutelage is ever going to be.

4 Bedlam Reveler
4 Sphinx's Tutelage
2 Fevered Visions
1 Chandra, Flamecaller
4 Collective Defiance
4 Expedite
2 Slip Through Space
2 Forgotten Creation
2 Tormenting Voice
3 Horribly Awry
2 Fiery Impulse
2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 Shivan Reef
2 Wandering Fumarole
8 Island
7 Mountain
1 Alhammarret's Archive
1 Crush of Tentacles
1 Geier Reach Sanitarium
4 Take Inventory

//Sideboard
SB: 4 Negate
SB: 4 Titan's Strength
SB: 4 Talent of the Telepath
SB: 3 Startled Awake
>>
File: 20160729_180424.jpg (3MB, 4032x1220px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_180424.jpg
3MB, 4032x1220px
>>48521769

If you don't mind dipping into black I've been playing this and it's very solid.

It's an 8/6 swamp/mountain base. Really fast, consistent, discard outlets aplenty.
>>
>>48522213
that's under a hundred bucks but it's only going to last two months
>>
is bw angels favoured vs bant coco? i am considering buying into it, but if it folds to coco then it's useless
>>
>>48522452
>black loses its good cards in two months
>considers getting into a black deck

pfft
>>
>>48520860
The fact that it costs 3 mana and does nothing by itself. That said I almost ran UR spells at release day sealed when I opened 2 of these. Just didn't have enough decent spells to round out the deck.
>>
>>48522452
red just got the spicy pizza man. you know where your money is going.
>>
>>48522515
same can be said against coco though. i am going to ptq and still figuring out what deck I should play
>>
>>48522539
play fiery temper
4 mana draw your best sorcery and 3 damage seems not terrible if you get to the later game
that said I personally wouldn't maindeck it
just seems so bad against an aggro deck looking to curve out, which is what standard is right now
>>
>>48522747

you mean 4 mana draw your best sorc AND instant, and deal 3 damage

you realize you can grab both right?
>>
>>48523069
of course
but you need to discard the temper you just pulled
>>
>>48523194

oh i assumed you meant it was in your hand already.

Digging for madness spells is sweet.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
122KB, 223x311px
So, how do we get around this card?
>>
>>48523429
play it
>>
>>48520956
You'll take what I'm giving, and what I'm giving is the nasty shitbrew dick. B/R Vampires 4 lyfe.
>>
>>48520060
I think you need more copies of the oaths, because in order to loop them you need to have two so that one goes to the yard from the legend rule
>>
>>48523429
Cast things with CMC 5 or higher.
>>
>>48521008
sorry for the very late reply but with odric it gives everything doublestrike and if younare curving out well a bunch of doublestrikers is gonna be pretty hard to contend with
>>
In terms of card advantage, is drawing one card the same as your opponent being forced to discard a card at random?
>>
>>48519389
How do I tweak my overpowered, overplayed GW deck that's a cinch to look up winning decklists of? HUUUURRRRRRR!
>>
>>48520323
Because Standard general = tournament top 8 bullshit discussion, right? It's just the name of a format.
>>
Curious on /tg/'s thoughts on a discussion that came up among friends:

Playing at a low-level, official tournament (FNM or similar, 20ish people) with entry fee and prizes involved, how scummy is it for someone to play with a set of checklist cards if they only have a couple copies of the actual card? Would you call someone out for not having four copies of a common or uncommon with equal feeling as Jaces or similar?
>>
>>48525835

This is interesting and I've never even considered it.

I personally wouldn't care at a casual level but with prize support on the line you better believe they should have the copies.
>>
>>48525835
They should have them but no one's going to check
>>
OP here, got pretty stomped. My deck fizzled out against a R/B/W control deck that boardwiped me with Languish and then used planeswalkers like Ob Nix, Chandra, and Sorin as muscle, and I got out-aggro'd by a red-white humans deck with Kytheon and Always Watching and Thalia's Lieutenant.

Considering going G/W Humans because I can't beat 'em so why not join 'em? Otherwise, I added 2 Wandering Fumaroles and 3x Fevered Visions, along with 2x Invasive Surgeries in the sideboard and 3x Negate to Main.

>>48525835
>>48526091
>>48526640
So are the checklist cards essentially legalized proxies?
>>
Recently came back to magic, am looking for a fairly cheap deck to bring to FNM once I return to uni

White weenie seems to fit the bill if what I'm looking for, but the fact it's losing so many of its aggressive 1 and 2 drops in a couple months makes me worried it'll get no support in artifact themed kaladesh
>>
>>48528192

I mean wizards printed them to avoid headaches. Mostly for drafts but even sleeves that are slightly translucent.
>>
>>48524557

This is actually really relevant.

The white 5 cmc wraths are suprisingly effective against spirits.
>>
>>48522213
What if you put in Mirrorwing Dragon?
>expedite + mirrorwing + tutelage
>>
File: distemperoftheblood.jpg (53KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
distemperoftheblood.jpg
53KB, 265x370px
>>48522369
Oh, i also want to play with vampires. Not the best in this standard but i still love it. Question! Why Vampire Curthroat and not something like Furyblade vampire? I also like the interaction between Stromkirk Occultist, Furyblade vampire and Stensia masquerade.
>>
>>48522369
You should really be playing furyblade vampire, card is insanely fast and a free combat trick discard every turn is wonderful
>>
File: AdiBPrO.jpg (111KB, 1049x550px) Image search: [Google]
AdiBPrO.jpg
111KB, 1049x550px
>Went 0-4 with monoblack zombies that I made in less than 15 minutes
>Used that garbage instead of the BUG Emerge deck I had built from my winning Prerelease deck
Mercy kill me
>>
Fun list that pretty consistently gets Ulamog out on turn 5, but loses to Reflector Mage.

Temur Emerge

4x Anticipate
4x Bring to Light
4x Cinder Glade
4x Elder Deep-Fiend
4x Eldritch Evolution
4x Evolving Wilds
4x Exultant Cultist
4x Forest
4x Foul Emissary
4x Herald of Kozilek
4x Island
2x It of the Horrid Swarm
2x Kozilek's Return
2x Lashweed Lurker
1x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4x Yavimaya Coast
>>
File: 300px-R.svg.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-R.svg.png
14KB, 300x300px
>>48523429
The color Red.

You have to either play over it by going to 5 and 6 mana spells, or play a lot of 1's and 2's. Main phase 3 and 4 mana spells are going to get your ass blasted.
>>
>>48523429
mainboard Infinite Obliteration
>>
>>48528383

WWr humans player, don't risk it bro. You might be left with a pile of cards in 3 months.

If you want a tempo deck you might try to risk it and build UW spirits. Nobody knows what Poolesh brings, but spirits at the moment might be a good deck.

>>48528844

>Used that garbage instead of the BUG Emerge deck I had built from my winning Prerelease deck

>sealed deck
>a base for deck constructed deck
>expecting to do well with it

I might have some bad news for you senpai...
>>
Posting the best deck in the format

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/somebodys-gatewatchin-me/
>>
>>48528531

I've tested those versions and honestly I didn't think furyblade is bad, just didn't make the cut over ocultist

Also the cutthroat is just a solid 1 drop. Always looking for early pressure. Plus easily discarded later on if needed.

>>48528799
I've tested it. She wants a deck that leans more towards red and killing fast while my list has staying power past turn 4, and doesn't fizzle out.
>>
Repostan list

Need some feedback

3x Gryff's Boon
4x Thraben Inspector
4x Town Gossipmonger

2x Long Road Home or Blessed Alliance
3x Always Watching
4x Thalia's Lieutenant
4x Declaration in Stone or white removal
4x Red spells (roast, incendiary flow)

4x Reflector Mage
1-2x Thalia
3x Hanweir Garrison

2x Ojutai's Command

4x Battlefield Forge
2x Port Town
4x Prairie Stream
2x Needle Spires
8x Plains
2x Island
>>
>>48530288

Where's Kytheon?
>>
>>48530343
I'm not keen on getting Kytheon because he'll rotate out real soon.
>>
>>48530363

Fair Enough. Long Road Home/Blessed Alliance are pretty bad, you might try collective effort or lone rider (if you like some risk)
>>
>>48530405
Collective effort looks cool, but will it fool with my curve at all?
>>
>>48518813

>how can one make an on-curve 6-drop with a downside work?

You can't. Some cards just have no good explanation behind their existence.
>>
>>48525201

Yes, because card advantage is literally just counting. If your number is ends up higher than their number you've gained card advantage.
>>
>>48530427

I would argue it's more useful than two other options.
>>
>>48518813

some cards are made bad on purpose.
>>
>>48530662
>>48530814
Tribal turtles will rise again... IN KALADESH
>>
>>48525201
I'd say technically yes.
But in practice I'd say no.
It is a worse late game draw as Aggro decks probably have no hand or are holding back lands to bluff having actual cards.
>>
>>48519720
I wish this was an ooze.

I wish ooze was a better tribal.
>>
>judging FNM
>there's this guy that just won a preptq and is acting like a fucking diva
>makes new players leave the store and come back no more with his attitude
>plays bant CoCo
>the store owner plays a deck specifically created to fuck him up, make him rage and ban him from the store for a few weeks so he has time to calm down

4 Infinite Obliteration
4 Horribly Awry
>>
>>48531811

>reading thread
>guy post this greentext story acting like a fucking diva
>hates bant CoCo
>the thread owner post something specifically created to fuck him up, make him rage and leave the thread for weeks so he has time to make up better bullshit

4 u got
4 rekt

But seriously do you think tempo spirits is better then jeffs list? I really enjoy the draw go style of jeffs but maybe just racing in the air is better?
>>
>>48532743

I'm not sure the tempo version is consistently fast enough. At least with draw go you get the late game mindfuck of t5 Avacyn OR Ommand, which tons of opponents will fuck up against.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cult-of-sigarda-gw-humansinvestigate/

Posting after quite a bit of testing. It's got a fairly high success rate, and even games where I've been hit with repeated removal hasn't slowed the deck's engine to a stop more than a handful of times.

Still looking for blind spots, though.
>>
does anyone have any selfless spirits they can send me on pucatrade?
>>
I've been running a Thing in the Ice/ Sphinx's Tutelage deck with Fevered Visions lately, do you think i should replace Thing with Bedlam Reveler?
>>
>>48535271
I COULD send you some.
>>
>>48535595
Keep thing and throw in one or two revelers. They are both horrors so you won't lose on flip. They have strong synergy
>>
>>48532743

not the guy you replied to but damn son did he hit your autism core with his blogpost? you must really love bant coco to retaliate like you did
>>
>>48525835
I have done this since Jace, Vryn's Prodigy got expensive. I have two, but play with the full set of checklists- it's pretty safe since you can never have more than two that actually need the card at any time.

When I admitted what I was doing to a friend he went off on me for scumming every tournament I've played in etc. and was furious with me for days. I mean I know it's technically not allowed but it doesn't really alter the outcome of my games or anything, I'm just being frugal.
>>
File: Delirium.jpg (41KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
Delirium.jpg
41KB, 300x470px
Brought G/B Delirium to FNM last night
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=105576

Mainboard is mostly this, minus 2 deathmists for kindly stranger (it was the first thing I thought of when I found out no-one had deathmists for trade), side board is
3x Aerial Volley
3x Whispers of Emrakul
2x Duress
3x Transgress the mind
2x Ishkanah
1x Den Protector
1x Hangarback Walker

Beat out Mardu control, he got mana screwed the first game and second game I out valued his removal with Lili

Match two was very tight the whole way through against U/R Eldrazi, with us each taking a game a piece he took game one off of chandra, I took game two off a lili ult, he took game three through dropping an Emrakul.

Match three was against the mono blue prism deck, which despite bringing in 8 discard spells felt like I had no interaction. Day's Undoing reset my grave, my removal was dead, and my creatures had no value since he kept bouncing them. Game one he rolled over me, gaining enough life and repeatedly bouncing my creatures, game two It came down to him going part the waterveil -> days undoing to getting his only out, another part the waterveil into engulf bouncing my board and swinging for lethal

Have not faced CoCo yet, which going by the videos seems to be a fair matchup

Overall Lili, ishkanah, and mindwrack demon were over performers. Deathmist and Den Protector are still great. Grim flayer was great when he got to connect, which happened 3 or four times over 7 games. Sylvan advocate and hissing quagmire did serious work as well.
I'm probably going to burn the kindly strangers, but that's what I get for building the deck so quickly.

Sideboard Trangress is an all star and I want to main deck them, and I want to test out whispers more before I cut them.

Changes for next week:
Out
2x Kindly stranger
2x Duress (SB)

In
2x Deathmist Raptor
2x Gaea's Revenge or 2x Reality Smasher (along with bringing in two or three more painlands maindeck)
>>
>>48531101
>101
+1
i agree absolutely.
>>
UR Temporino
3x Anticipate
1x Catalog
4x Galvanic Bombardment
2x Negate
4x Unsubstantiate
3x Void Shatter
3x Incendiary Flow
1x Nahiri's Wrath
2x Tormenting Voice
4x Evolving Wilds
2x Highland Lake
10x Island
4x Mountain
4x Shivan Reef
4x Wandering Fumarole
1x Chandra, Flamecaller
1x Jace, Unraveler of Secrets
1x Fevered Visions
2x Bedlam Reveler
4x Curious Homunculus Flip

Sideboard
3x Dispel
2x Fevered Visions
2x Nahiri's Wrath
2x Negate
2x Rending Volley
2x Sphinx of the Final Word
2x Summary Dismissal
>>
>>48519720
I hate this card. I kept drawing these during prerelease and they were never helpful.
>>
File: Desolator.jpg (155KB, 610x547px) Image search: [Google]
Desolator.jpg
155KB, 610x547px
Hey guys! Desolator Magic here, I just wanted to drop by to show off this brand new deck I made! It's seriously super op and guaranteed to top your local fnm! Seriously, Niblis of Frost is so OP, I can't believe R&D would make this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3RPauK7h4
>>
>>48537151

Too bad people at my fnm play tiered decks.
>>
>>48537379
Dude, seriously this deck IS good. Like, it's been a long ass time since I've topped my fnm and this beat all the stupid netdecked blue white spirits which is THE deck to beat right now!
>>
>>48537151

So it folds to any flavor of G/B deck or W/B control deck. I can't imagine it beating a bant company. Have fun with reflector mages and quellers.
>>
File: Trixis.png (543KB, 1877x924px) Image search: [Google]
Trixis.png
543KB, 1877x924px
rev up those memes

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trixis/
>>
>>48537562

>I fold to Tier1 decks part: 10000001

Again - bant company won't let you live with Quellers and Dromoka's, G/B Seasons past upon not seeing creatures will just side out removal G2 for discard (just like W/B control). It's like you hate to win guys.
>>
>>48537151
>>48537423
Fuck off, your brews are shit, your predictions are shit, and you look like shit too. Eat a dick and die please.
>>
>>48535596
i can look through your wants and see if i have anything you need
>>
>>48537658
Wow, rude. Also just cause a deck isn't one of your precious netdecks doesn't mean it's automatically bad you know. Theres a ton of OP cards just begging to be broken but no one wants to experiment.
>>
>>48537743

People who are competent are experimenting all the time. Just look at the recent SCG tournament. G/U crush deck, some weird Brisela based deck. But these decks have something in common - don't instantly fold to any form of interaction.
>>
>>48537743
>>precious net decks
If you're so convinced it isn't kitchen table garbage and doesn't get dismantled by CoCo (which is literally >45% of the meta) then take your stupid fucking budget deck to a pro tour, crush it, and then come back with results explaining why the deck is good instead of making asinine predictions on a rwandan needlework board

CoCo, baby jace, and a billion other cards went under the radar when spoiled and later became meta defining staples.

Without results nothing you say is going to matter a damn
>>
>>48519720
You can buy a playset of these things for $2.48 and it'll cause so many board stalls it'll be worth it.
>>
>>48537743
No man, I'd consider your opinions if you acted differently, the way you always act as if you know whats best really annoys me. Also the way you slam wizards for their policies on limit print run sets is just stupid.
>>
>>48519720
Spicy meme tech with a full board of these on both sides, flip westvale and Dec in Stone to remove all masses, swing for lethal
>>
>>48537834
>>48537838
>>48537847

Uuuuuuh, yes I did test these decks. All of my brews are backed up with math to make sure they preform optimally and played on Xmage. If you guys watched any of my videos instead of just talking trash you will insight on what my logic and reasonings are. So what, any deck that doesn't get first place at a GP is instantly trash to you guys?
>>
>>48537151
>says the insane power level of EMN is going to make Kaladesh a weak set
>now says EMN is trash

Seems legit.
>>
File: hello.png (113KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
113KB, 223x311px
>>48538017

If it folds to pic related with no way to recover I can assure you it's trash.
>>
>>48538115
I can't wait until all of black and blue's tool rotate out.

I cannot think of any larger cancer than UB.
>>
>>48538133
really? You can't think of ANYTHING?

Not Dromoka's command? Or company? Or reflector mage? Or sylvan advocate?

Heaven forbid you need ever play around black removal...
>>
>>48538115
So? Every deck has it's bad matchups, sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches. It's not like every single deck ever that I'm going to play against is going to have that dumb card.
>>
>>48538017
Brews are fine, you might take an occasional fnm with it. I don't hate on brews, but claiming that they beat up everything and they need to be banned is just straight up silly man.
>>
>>48538179
All of that is cancer, sure. But once those are gone, they're gone. Black and blue are the only colour combo that's going to forever punish people from playing the game.

Bant Company will leave once Company does.
>>
>>48538181

The other decks that don't play B have access to reflector mage/spell queller/dromoka's command. Humans are faster.
>>
File: 1469278888628.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
1469278888628.gif
485KB, 272x251px
Tested my spirits a bit, made some changes - to be honest, at this point I am not sure what else can I do to make it more efficient.

The biggest problems I have is card draw. The deck dumps its hand pretty fast and Bygone Bishop is too fucking clunky to be effective. Any suggestions other than shit like Anticipate?

Here's my list, please be gentle:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-flash-spirits-emn-edition/
>>
>>48537151
i beat this deck on xmage and you rage quit
>>
>>48538745
I've been playing something similar without avacyn. i really don't like always watching in there, you need to be able to leave that 3 up for spell queller
>>
>>48537151
>this may come at a huge surprise to you but I've never come in first at a FNM in the three years I've been playing
Already sound a stereotypical magic douche. Couldn't continue.
>>
>>48538814
I heard a similar argument but imo without AW the deck is just too damn slow. I play it more like an aggro deck with some tempo than a tempo deck.

I might test it anyway, but have you personally tried and contrast a version w/ AW and w/out it?
>>
>>48538881

Sounds more like someone is just bad or too poor [not shunning poor sods here]/autistic to afford a real deck. Three years is a lot of time, it's like 156 fnms. It takes some special dedication to be unable to score 1st even once.
>>
>>48538893
yeah, i have. i have two copies in the sideboard in case i want it but i prefer stasis snare
>>
>>48540432
What are your thoughts on Anticipate as a card advantage provider?
>>
File: 20160730_185351.jpg (4MB, 4032x1496px) Image search: [Google]
20160730_185351.jpg
4MB, 4032x1496px
>>48538745

>not just playing Jeff's list

Holy shit sempai
>>
>>48540855
Because I've been playing spirits in SoI standard and want to try and make and develop my own deck in a format that is more forgivable to brewing than Modern? I don't fucking know familia

That being list, this list looks decent. Shame about 4 avacyns, I only have two
>>
>>48541003

Ive tried making tempo/aggro spirits work and honestly the stuff is their to win an FNM but in my opinion jeffs list is where we want to be. Its numbers are not perfect yet but when kaladesh comes in a lot of the competition leaves and we just have the best deck going into the format.

I think for the tempo lists anafenza is underrated, thunderclap is garbage, and always watching doesnt mesh with queller.
>>
>>48541096
I've already cut Thunderclap after testing, true.

I've played Anafenza for most of the time and I adore her, but she's competing with Selfless for a 2-drop spot. I may still play her on the game day, on the fence.

The reason for AW, as I've said, is because I think the deck to be too slow. Tempo's nice and all but it won't help against CoCo imo once the spell resolves - and it will eventually. I think I will try this list (or at least to substitute AW) on the next casual standard night and if I like it, I will play it on FNM and later game day.

Also, thoughts on Secure the Wastes and Thalia in the sideboard?
>>
thalias sweet, really good for the bant match

Jeffs list can run secure but yours would be hard pressed to get decent value from it in my opinion.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-blue-prisoncurious-george/

How terrible is this meme?
>>
>>48540538
eh. i've been practicing on xmage with it and usually sideboard it out. it's good to dig for a spell queller when you really need one.
>>
>>48517873
So whats the verdict on Spell Queller? Any tourny lists running tribal spirits? Or is it all CoCo as far as the eyes can see?
>>
>>48544216
hoogland came in thirteenth playing tribal at scg
>>
Does Green or White have any simple planeswalker removal? There are a few peeople that run nothing but "masturbate and remove everything until you drop a Sorin" decks".
>>
>>48540855
do you have any extra selfless spirits/ojutati's commands? i'm still looking for 2 and 1 respectively
>>
>>48544457
Stasis Snare hits an animated Gideon, but besides that nothing much.
>>
>>48545033
Well, that's a shame. Been 9 years and we still don't have any interaction with cancer like that.
>>
>>48545140
If you're WB you get Anguished Unmaking, if that's any consolation.
>>
>>48545140
>implying G/W should have easy walker removal
As lenient as I tend to be with wizards' color pie liberties, there is no reason for GW to get Hero's Downfall effects. GW is strong enough with EE, DCommand and CoCo.
>>
>>48520323
What is the point of posting deck lists of well know decks. We already know those.
>>
>>48546198
I didn't say 'easy' walker removal, I just said simple. I'll take a 7 CMC sorcery-speed effect if I can sideboard the damn thing in against superfriends.
>>
File: uhhh k.png (104KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh k.png
104KB, 223x311px
>>48546245
Well heck you don't even need sorcery speed for that.
>>
File: castle speechless.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
castle speechless.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>48546285
Huh.
>>
>>48537638
it's actually not super awful against bant. that was actually the only match i won at fnm. i lost super fucking hard to big red though. 'point all these spells at your face, here's a 4/4 dragon' is not something i was prepared to deal with. company? sure. weenies? sure. ramp? probably auto-lose this one desu.

>>48545140
>Been 9 years and we still don't have any interaction with cancer like that.

you literally just had banishing light, and o-ring a little while before that.
>>
>>48544562

Are you the guy always asking for extra spirits haha.

And sorry but no. Bought the ojutais from my LGS and just cracked my fourth (foil) selfless spirit.
>>
Holy shit lmao I went to an fnm yesterday (sealed not standard) and the fucking judge there was insane. I think he had autism or something. I told him sorry after I choking restrainsts'd his creature and he immediately blasted me with "if you were sorry, you would concede right now"

he proceeded to act like an antagonistic little turd for the rest of the night.
>>
>>48547085
>tfw find that guy
>tfw traded him a bunch of spirits for lili and kalitas

abzan fuckin shits out
Spell Queller is the only one worth anything

maybe selfless spirit too
worth
>>
>>48547813
What a faggot
>>
>>48547813

You can report judges for being faggots.
>>
I want to start standard play at my local game store. Where should I start? I was thinking I should but a intro deck and am eldritch moon fat pack. Is this a good start?
>>
>>48549856
Wait until september. The sets are going to rotate in about a month and the meta decks will cease to exist

also its cheaper overall to just buy singles or draft until you get enough cards to make a deck you want
>>
>>48549856

how to start:

1. mtgtop8 -> standard -> find a good deck you might like
2. buy singles never buy packs
3. ultra pro is shit (their playmats are ok tho)
4. git gud
>>
>>48533277
ALL Cathars are chicks, look closer
>>
Can you guys recommend me some cost efficient token creators for golgari colors? Preferably creatures like Blisterpod or Carrier Thrall.
>>
File: splendidreclamation.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
splendidreclamation.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
I have a playset of pic related, with one foil
What can I do with them beside letting them sit in my rare binder ?
>>
>>48550020
Trade them
>>
>>48549997

>Can you guys recommend me some cost efficient token creators for golgari colors?

Nissa, hangarback walker.
>>
>>48550072
I'm trying to make it a budget deck, don't feel like throwing 200 bucks on hangarbacks alone.
>>
>>48550084
Hangarbacks are dirt cheap now because of nearing rotation.
>>
>>48550117
They aren't where i live, neither in card shops where they average at 34 bucks a piece.
>>
So when languish cycles out can I finally play creatures in my decks?
>>
>>48550128
Just use TCGPlayer or MagicCardMarket if you're from Europe.
>>
>>48550173

>in b4 they reprint damnation
>>
>>48550173

You can still play creatures in your decks. Just play card effects or creatures that are dirt cheap in cmc, have an ETB effect or have the ability to outgrow Languish range fast.
>>
File: elder cathar.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
elder cathar.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>48549944
That's distressing to hear.
>>
>>48550173
Yes.
>>
>>48528481
I really don't want to find myself in a situation where the enemy has that kind of army without me responding to it. I'm not sure I could even sideboard it desu.
>>
>>48532743
What the fuck is this autism.
>>
Ok so I'm trying to build a new deck after not playing MtG in years and I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried to make a vampire Madness deck, and somehow ended up with 80 cards.

3 Bloodhall Priest
4 Fiery Temper
2 Incorrigible Youths
2 Twins of Maurer Estate
2 Stensia Masquerade
2 Weirded Vampire
2 Voldaren Pariah
3 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 Furyblade Vampire
4 Heir of Falkenrath
2 Indulgent Aristocrat
2 Markov Crusader
2 Markov Dreadknight
4 Olivia's Dragoon
2 Olivia, Mobilized for War
4 Ravenous Bloodseeker
4 Stromkirk Condemned
4 Mountain
8 Swamp
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Foreboding Ruins
4 Geier Reach Sanitarium
4 Smoldering Marsh
4 Lightning Axe

Where am I going wrong here? (inb4 everywhere)
>>
>>48547085
i think i am only one of the guys, it seems to be common right now
i just got into magic like 3 months ago and have a bunch of puca points but not a bunch of money
>>
File: 1367000297922.jpg (6KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1367000297922.jpg
6KB, 227x222px
>All of these people complaining about blue and black cards

Hearthstone is a little more your speed, friendo. Sorry, the game of Magic involves more than turning creatures sideways. You whiny cunts are the reason interactive elements have already been nerfed into oblivion as is.

>Tireless Tracker and Duskwatch Recruiter produce more card advantage than anything in interactive decks
>Wizards prints 4 mana counterspells because children get upset when they run their battleship decks headlong into open mana and get btfo

Languish isn't the cancer, anon. YOU are the cancer.
>>
I'm trying this guy out in my RU Eldrazi Emerge deck. Any thoughts? it's a 3 mana 4/5 in a lot of games

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emergent-properties/
>>
>>48551540

It's bad, you're bad, etc.
>>
>>48551585
Oh right, I forgot about Reflector Mage

hellodarknessmyoldfriend.png
>>
>>48551540
I hope you understand that Hangarback has no CMC on the battlefield.
>>
The people that SCG have casting today are truly morons. Directly after they've told us several times how diverse the metagame is for the second day of their tourny, they mention that Bant Company is 42% of the field. lol The greater shill of the two also points out how diverse the builds of the deck are. Inb4 more than half of the top 8 is Bant Company.
>>
>>48519720
so is this card have any cool things you can do with it or is it just for stalling,trolling games you think you could do anything cool with out of standard cards?
>>
>>48551820

There are plenty of good decks to pick from, but people are lazy, unimaginative cucks and would rather play reflector memes to crush shitty homebrews and guarantee cashing. A lot of the top 16 decks right now are not Bant Company though.
>>
File: assault.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
assault.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>48551825
Declaration in Stone and pic
>>
File: givenoground.jpg (40KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
givenoground.jpg
40KB, 265x370px
>>48551909
so if i used this card with permeating mass it would only change 3 or 9 with assault formation
>>
>>48551964
No clue what you're asking friendo
>>
>>48551964

It would effectively be a 9/9 that would turn your opponent's creatures into 1/3s after combat damage resolved. It would also die to Ultimate Price, and be a bad deck :^)
>>
>>48551988
>>48552016

but would it turn all your opponents creatures into 1/3s , can it change more then the amount of damage it does?
>>
>>48552105
Still no idea what the fuck you're asking.
>>48552016
Also, this. A 4-mana single-target pump spell is hot garbage. You're just begging to get yourself 2-for-1'd.
>>
File: 1457377390012.jpg (54KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457377390012.jpg
54KB, 566x480px
>>48552105

Those are two separate questions.

>but would it turn all your opponent's creatures into 1/3s
If it deals damage to them, they become base 1/3 copies of Permeating Mass. They don't get any additional effects like counters, pumps from Assault Formation, etc

>Can it change more than the amount of damage it does?

More than what does? Your copy of Permeating Mass? Their copy of Permeating Mass post-combat, pre-combat, etc?

Anon, you lend credence to the '/tg/ is bad at Magic' meme.
>>
>>48552224
>>Can it change more than the amount of damage it does?
>More than what does? Your copy of Permeating Mass? Their copy of Permeating Mass post-combat, pre-combat, etc?

I think he wants to know if, when blocking multiple creatures, Permeating Mass can change more creature than the amount of damage it can do
>>
>>48552284
yes this is what i want to know sorry if i am wording it bad.
>>
>>48552307

Anon, please look up how combat math works. Prioritize blockers, assign lethal damage.

Hypothetical: your opponent attacks with 4 creatures, a 2/3 Reflector Mage, a 4/5 Sylvan Advocate, a 2/2 Duskwatch Recruiter, and a 1/3 copy of Permeating Mass. You cast your fuccboi shit-tier spell on your fuccboi shit-tier creature and move to blocks. You stack your opponent's creatures to prioritize them (I want to deal damage to Sylvan Advocate, first, followed by Reflector Mage, followed by Duskwatch Recruiter, followed by Permeating Mass). Then, damage gets assigned; note that you can't assign non-lethal damage until the final creature: Sylvan Advocate gets assigned 5, Mage 3, Duskwatch 1, Mass 0. When damage resolves, Advocate, Mage, and your Permeating Mass are dead, while their Duskwatch Recruiter gets tagged by the 1 damage trigger and becomes a copy of Permeating Mass. Their last creature, the one that didn't take any damage, wouldn't become a copy of Permeating Mass [though it was already one anyways because I planned out this scenario poorly]

If you were asking if you can choose to assign 1 damage to each creature... no, you may not. If you were thinking that creatures engaged in combat that take 0 damage have "taken damage" and sufficiently trigger the Mass ability... no, they do not. L2Rules, bruh.
>>
>>48552307
>>48552284
Ah. Normally, no. It only changes the creatures that it deals combat damage to. If you increase how much damage it does, it still cannot simply deal 1 damage to each creature that it is in combat with (in the way a deathtouch creature can). Give No Ground lets you block any number of creatures, but you still have to assign full lethal damage to one before assigning combat damage to the next.
>>
>>48552434
>>48552460
Final word : Give No Ground doesn't break Permeating Mass
>>
>>48552434
>If you were asking if you can choose to assign 1 damage to each creature... no, you may not. If you were thinking that creatures engaged in combat that take 0 damage have "taken damage" and sufficiently trigger the Mass ability... no, they do not. L2Rules, bruh.
To be fair to the guy, it doesn't make much sense for a creature like this to not be able to assign just one damage to each creature it's in combat with. Does anything in the game break if we take away the lethal damage restriction on combat damage distribution?
>>
File: Image.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>48552460
cool thanks thats all i needed to know i was thinking it would not i think i was hesitate cause some friend said he could board wipe with breaker of armies
>>48552434
thanks for the scenario it was funny,
>>
>>48552553
Breaker of Armies is a boardwipe if your opponents only have 10 toughness among their creatures. If it gains deathtouch, it can kill 10 creatures.
>>
>>48552711
so even if a creature would do 0 damage after blockers or if it has 0 power it would still kill with deathtouch.
>>
>>48552785
no. You need to deal at least 1 damage to trigger deathtouch.
>>
Probably already know but just looking for confirmation. Does Mercurial Geists' +3/+0 stack?
>>
>>48549877
>>48549856
You could look for a deck that does well but doesn't rely too heavily on cards from Dragons of Tarkir or Magic Origins.

W/U spirits is an example of a deck like this.
>>
>>48551520
Hearthstone has 4 mana wrath of god thanks to equality+pyromancer lol, magic boardwipes are a joke in standard
>>
>>48517873
I'm being trolled, right?
Why do people keep posting that card?
It's flat out bad
>Conditional to do anything at all
>No evasion
>No protection
>6/6 for 6
With all those negatives it should be at least 4, 5 at the most. Is R&D retarded? Or is blue only allowed good creatures at Rare and Mythic?
>>
>>48551520
Yeah I'm not really sure what you're on about. Tireless Tracker and especially Duskwatch Recruiter are far too slow, and Clash of Wills is good enough to stop everything but Bant Company in its tracks, but Bant Company is retarded.
>>
>>48523429
pyromancers goggles
>>
>>48554015
ya
>>
i'm going to play my first ever standard at fnm this friday, assuming my cards come in the mail on time.
what obnoxious mistakes am i going to make
>>
File: selfless.png (115KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
selfless.png
115KB, 223x311px
>>48528453
>The white 5 cmc wraths are suprisingly effective against spirits.
Oh?
>>
>>48554928
Its a desperate bomb in limited. Have used it when my pool ended up short on bombs.
>>
>>48555737
What deck are you playing?
Remember: Untap, Upkeep, Draw. Failing to do this WILL trigger at least one person's autism.
>>
>>48555737
Been playing for over a decade, the most common mistakes I see from new players are:

- Nerves. For whatever reason some people shake uncontrollably and get nervous when they play me. I always joke around to lighten the mood since it's casual. Not necessarily a mistake so to speak, but just remember to relax.

- Forgetting to draw. Yes, I see it a lot. Might have something to do with nerves. Either way drawing is mandatory so I always remind them (not that I wouldn't otherwise).

- Speaking of draws, let's say you're crushing 4 - 0 and your opponent asks if you'd like to split/draw. Just do it. I mean, it's up to you, but it's only a pack difference most of the time. Well worth it.

- Showing up with some jank deck expecting to win. Nothing wrong with being Johnny Magic, just don't expect to beat Mr. Netdeck (nothing wrong with net decking).

- Opening packs when a store offers store credit. I frequent the same shop a lot so this is a personal preference, but I ALWAYS trade my packs in for store credit unless they're Modern Masters or Eternal Masters. I've probably traded into thousands of dollars which would be significantly less had I busted open those packs.

Each store is different. My area is very competitive and we all know each other. Just have fun and learn. Each round will start out with pairings. You'll find your opponent and greet each other, high roll for first (usually), and start your match of best 2 of 3. Play at a reasonable speed, meaning don't take 10 minutes to play your first land and pass the turn. Nothing wrong with going in the tank for an advanced play consideration, just don't make it every turn. I know guys that have gone to time playing Infect vs Burn because they're both slow players that are mediocre at best.
>>
>>48556475
uw spirits.
i've played a fair amount of limited so i feel pretty good overall about stuff like that
>>48556496
this helps a lot, thanks.

overall how do people approach fnm standard differently than limited?
>>
>>48556566
>overall how do people approach fnm standard differently than limited?

Just with more knowledge of the decks being played and what to sideboard. They're both casual events.
>>
>>48556600
>casual
glad to hear this.
how competitive is game day? im probably also going to compete there
>>
>>48520060
I think 4 starfield is bad, more oath of jace, another sorin instead of gideon, more control stuff.
>>
>>48522369
drop the skulk life link add drana
>>
>>48556774

As competitive as fnm. You can expect regulars there. So if your fnm is full on Tier 1 decks then you can expect Tier 1 on the game day.
>>
>>48529290
>Loses to Reflector Mage

>Loses to every deck in standard
fixed.
>>
>>48529585
post deck list
I want to make wwr humans with hanweir township thing (that thing that makes 2 humans) and have 4 thalia and 4 westvale cult leader. would that be good also with the hanweir township combo?
>>
>>48557499
Thalia's Lt, maybe? Them etb triggers?
>>
>>48536481
gj, might do this with avacyn if i get more
>>
>>48528192
>>48525835
>>48557614

Just buy chinese fakes.
>>
File: 20160731_185955.jpg (6MB, 4032x2292px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_185955.jpg
6MB, 4032x2292px
Sideboard for my UW spirits list

Too much coco hate? Should I run some extra creatures for Midrange? (Bygone bishop)
>>
>>48557390
What this anon said. FNM, Game Day, Win-a-boxes, etc. are all considered casual events.

Invitational Qualifiers, GPT's, and above are considered competitive therefor people will be held more accountable for missed triggers, conduct, etc.
>>
>>48555802
Languish and similar cards.
>>
>>48525835
If its an FNM then its unlikely that anyone would give a shit
If its a low level tournament, like a store tournament, then its probably up to the store if they want to allow it.
>>
>Sac Angel token to Evo Leap
>Opponent claims Avacyn trigger on upkeep
>Everyone including the judge misses the error

Fucking MTG "Pros"
>>
>>48558526
How do people miss this on the best/most played creature of the fucking season? I was pulling my hair out at that.
>>
>>48558526
How the hell? It's angel token, the literal only blind-spot on Avacyn.
>>
>>48557929
Fuck Spirit memes
>>
>>48546245
Are you that concerned with planeswalkers? Planeswalkers aren't super crazy.
>>
>>48557956
>>48557390
cool, thanks to both of you.
haven't been playing long so really excited to see how well i can compete.
>>
>>48558842
I sang yearning songs of spirit support as i played u/w tempo all through soi standard, and now theyre here.
no amount of hate could stymie my hype
>>
>>48557929
why aren't you mainboarding 4 dec?
>>
>>48559183
slower spirits decks play more of a control game and can benefit more from stasis snare's instant speed than declaration's tempo boost
>>
>>48559222
cool, good to know.
what's your main 60? the hoogland? new to magic and trying to figure stuff like this out
>>
>>48559233
i played a half-assed port of the old u/w tempo lists with new cards since i was still looking to complete playsets of wanderer and selfless. That turned out surprisingly well but I think i lucked out mostly.
This coming fnm I am looking to try out hoogland's list though. All the indestructible effects alongside planar outburst looks really funny.
>>
>>48559286
cool, i might get some copies of planar outburst. i had originally looked over it
>>
do essence flux's leave and enter happen simultaneously?
if i flux a spell queller that was exiling a reflector mage, is the spell queller on the battlefield to be bounced by it?
>>
>>48559655
yes they both happen as part of the spell resolution. That means you cant flicker spell queller to save it from removal and keep the thing that was under the queller in the first place countered as well.
>>
>>48559674
cool, thanks
>>
>>48559655
Not the one they wanted

>>48559183
I play Jeff's list so literally none. It's kind of shit.
>>
what is the purpose of batlefield forge in humans deck?
>>
>>48559731
>Not the one they wanted
what does this mean
>>
>>48557983
>Languish
>4 CMC
Jesus, read the reply chain.
>>
>>48517873
Not sure if this is the right general or what, but I was hoping some /mtgsg/ folk could help me out. I love the picture of Nicol Bolas on his cards because he looks so...human? He's standing up, wearing armor/clothing, and seems impressively domineering.

I was wondering if there were any similar pictures in mtg? Dragons acting human and badass?
>>
File: 95224_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
95224_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
>>48560679
How about this?
>>
File: loom_in_works.png (2MB, 946x937px) Image search: [Google]
loom_in_works.png
2MB, 946x937px
>>48550020
sooo Loom is the engine
and flashback + retrace is the saving grace.
>>
>>48560866
That's pretty cool. I'd like him better if he weren't glowing, but I'll take whatever. Thank you!

Always looking for more.
>>
>>48560901
If this is for Modern, I have some bad news for you my man.
>>
>>48537658
i misread this as
>Eat a dick and pie please
>>
File: gengi_gates.png (1MB, 1346x630px) Image search: [Google]
gengi_gates.png
1MB, 1346x630px
>>48561106
help ? ? ?
i would like to take it to more places than kitchen table ..
and i am not strong in knoledge about the other formats / playstyles
>>
>>48561106
>>48561180

sesmic assrape + bump in the dick are not legit are they ?
>>
>>48561180
also with this...
maze end will be in that mix

do those fucking gengiu ench lands suffer summoning sickness?
they can just pop up like 'flash' right?
>>
>>48561180
>>48561208
Punishing Fire is already bad, and the deck already has a shell that's put up decent results.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11201&d=263661&f=MO

Goes by Loam Pox or some deviation of that name. I've played that type of deck, it's extremely fun, Knight of the Reliquary and 4 Ghost Quarters in Modern does work against a lot of midrange decks and makes for a good blocker against aggro.
>>
>>48561276
Not bad, banned. I don't know how I managed to fuck that up.
>>
>>48561276
thanks...
also that link helps, fux me i now see the vast range of my retartedness
>>
so how do i choose my first Magic deck?
any help?
>>
>>48561985
you wait til september when coco rotates out. Til then, play any brew with ur friends and avoid standard
>>
File: 1469942755774.jpg (15KB, 317x238px) Image search: [Google]
1469942755774.jpg
15KB, 317x238px
>mfw seeing all the complaints about emn liliana on tcgplayer

I would rather just play with people using chinaman fakes than have to listen someone bitch about the price of cardboard
>>
>>48562101
what the fuck is coco
>>
>>48562212
Collected Company.
>>
>>48562129
so should I sell my copy of her or trade it away while she is still high or is she just gonna keep going higher?
>>
>>48562129
>mfw I gave Liliana (and some other minor rares) to one of my players while she was still $15 as a trade for his Declarations (x3) and a Tireless Tracker
>it inflates to $40
I actually feel warm and fuzzy instead of mad. I was never ever going to use Lili.
>>
>maro said he doesn't want draw-go decks ever existing in standard again

The guy hates everything I love and loves everything I hate
>>
>>48562372
Depends on if you are planning to use her or not. I doubt she will inflate anymore though iirc bfz gideon peaked out at this price as well.

>>48562466
>I gave Liliana (and some other minor rares) to one of my players while she was still $15 as a trade for his Declarations (x3) and a Tireless Tracker

If you were doing this to blatantly copy bant company I hope you step on a lego.
>>
>>48563157
Investigating and Humans. No blue, no CoCo. Wanted to build for Shadows onward.
>>
>>48563182
Then I commend you, as much as it could mean on an italian mafioso meeting forum.
>>
>>48563242
I'm far too tired to understand what that means, but I'm going to assume it's ire because >humans.

I just wanted to play as the good guys.
>>
>>48563257
It means you have my approval despite it not meaning much. I myself am running Naya humans minus Coco
>>
Is this deck good?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-blue-crush-of-tentacles/
>>
>>48520060

>Initially I wanted to slide in Demonic Pact and Angelic Purge for some spicy tech but am having problems finding room for it.

Here, you can use my list as a reference. http://deckstats.net/deck-10741362-deb6d5b6390a4446388c2ebd4b3ace9b.html

Bear in mind this list is adjust to my meta which is kinda slow at the moment and there's very little aggressive decks(aka Mono White/Boros Humans). If your meta has more aggressive decks then cut the mainboard Duress and add in stuff like Grasp, Silkwraps etc. There's a few spicy cards in that list you can take out like the 1x Mind's Dilation and whatnot.
>>
>>48563358

Oh apparently that version already has the mainboard Duress cut out, shit I can't even keep up on what my current list is.
>>
>>48563323
That looks horrible. How do you intend to survive long enough to get to any of that shit, without counter magic?
>>
>>48563157
I think im gonna use her
but I need 3 more
I think I might buy another box of ENM tomorrow but not sure

I could also just outright buy the other 3 copies of her I need

I kinda want to play this new Golgari deck that im seeing
>>
>>48562935
poor you.

looks like you'll just have to make decks that other people can directly interact with
>>
>>48563476

Not the same guy but have you played against it?

Deck just chains spells while gaining life from Prism Ring and uses Hydrolash to prevent small plinks of damage early on and cantrip then eventually just mass bounces all your shit. Then Jace's Sanctum just gives you super discounts on all your spells as well as multiple scry effects and you can cast Part the Waterveil for super cheap. Some lists run Day's Undoing to recycle and durdle again.

Honestly at a glance you would think the deck has absolutely no business existing but eventually you just realise you can't even attack since they're either on like 30+ life or have a mass bounce spell again. Luckily the deck I play absolutely shits all over it since it doesn't play many creatures anyway as the wincon.
>>
>>48562935
Nigguh U/W spirits are the hot new thing
>>
>>48563750
>uses Hydrolash to prevent small plinks of damage early on
This is the biggest thing. You cannot hope to have these constantly, and 3 mana feels really high for the effect. Yes it cantrips, but it feels really late.
>>
>>48564061

It's also gaining 1-4 life everytime they cast a blue spell on top of it due to the Prism Ring. Throwing in a few anticipates and whatnot and that shit adds up real fast and you're thinking to yourself "How the fuck is this even a deck?" Honestly I thought the exact same thing as you did "It's three mana, this shit is too slow, i'll kill him in 3 more turns" and then before I knew it I had lost control of the match.

Now here's the hilarious part. The deck hilariously for the most part will kill itself against a Tainted Remedy if it attempts to dig too fast with a Prism Ring out.
>>
Liliana strictly speaking is not a good planeswalker. Her plus is very poor outside of hedge situations and her minus is good at best. You don't evaluate walkers on their ultimate, and honestly it's not amazing, but by that point your winning.
>>
>>48563590
>implying you can't interact with control

How's the autism champ?

Cast a lot of seige rhinos and epic dragons today buddy?
>>
Getting really angry at scg judges for treating declaration in stone as instant speed. Happened twice on stream, really what has the world come to?
>>
>>48559811
Some humans run the bounce eldrazi guy that needs colorless
>>
>>48537151
I still cant even bring myself to click on one of your videos after seeing how shitty both the deck and your attitude were in that "Beholder" deck tech.
>>
>>48564201
>+1 is slow down a creature, maybe kill a weak shitter token
>-2 is regrowth a creature, good value
>for a 3 mana investment

She's pretty good/safe in standard. Recurring a Bruna to get back your Gisela or recurring a jace to play and flip and get a spell is pretty good value.

She's not gamebreaking or anything but I fully expect her to be a player in standard until she leaves

I'm not really sure why she's going for 40 dollars right now though. I mean she hasn't been showing up that much or putting up amazing results or anything
>>
>>48565279
She's a 3 mana Lili. speculators gonna do their thing
>>
>>48528192
No wtf. If you could play a check card without need of actual card Jace wouldn't go above 1 cent.
>>
>>48564207
>directly
>implying that you can directly interact with removal/counterspells with anything other than more counterspells

your time is done, get over it
>>
>>48567245
Sudden hexproof! Toughness boosts!
>>
>>48567302
>counterspells
waiting for your answer

not everyone needs to play, wants to play, or currently plays blue, anon
>>
>>48546198
remember when bramblecrush was legal in standard back in the first innistrad block? those were the days. miss the green cancer of those time. fairly priced sorcery speed non creature permanant removal should always be a thing for green in my opinion.
>>
>>48550020
sell a kidney buy all the fetch lands and make some sorta dumb git gud toad/delirium deck.
>>
>>48557929
You don't seem to have a wincon.
>>
>>48561985
It depends on your personality. I play red white mostly because I like to attack fast and have a sense of justice.
>>
>>48520323

Sultai Control checking in. My friend runs Bant Co. We do great against the other SCG top 8 decks, but random brews are another story right now.

Meta is going to shift.
>>
>>48565279

I play her with flip Jace, Ob, and flip Nissa.

Her +1 coupled with Jaces +1 can completely immobilize a 4 power. Her +1 puts 5 toughness creatures within languish range or even 5 power creatures within range of reave soul.

She's a great asset and her ult ensures that the opponent is going to get desperate to remove her.

I also like her for Emrakul grabbing. I tend to tuck him in my grave so he doesn't get exiled from my hand.
>>
>>48561985

play some basic green white human deck. you could probably be competitive on like a 40 dollar budget. here is a sample list to use as a reference, you can replace the more expensive stuff with cheaper cards.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-05-16-greenwhite-humans/
>>
Just leaving this here

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/vault-lore-2016-08-01
>>
>>48564201

Her plus ability is extremely important in winning creature combat and defence by shrinking Sylvan Advocate's, Reflector Mage's and Spell Quellers to 0 power.
>>
>>48564207

>implying any draw-go shit is interactive

It isn't interaction if only one player can interact. Go back to the hole you crawled from, draw go is dead and will never be back (unless someone makes a joke deck).

You could also try a "solid" modern esper draw go deck. Any time you rev for 15 you opponent will die from laughter. Tho you will have to scoop upon seeing like 50% of meta, but it's a solid deck!
>>
>>48569067
>The new art by Kieran Yanner (and the updated flavor text) suggests that even now, the Cabal has not given up its sinister ways
Return to Dominaria?
>>
opinions on this spirits list?
will be bringing it to fnm as my first constructed deck
>>
>>48570103
wew lad
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fnm-spirits-2/
>>
>>48559811
Sideboard reckless Bushwhacker
>>
>>48567672
>there are players that don't use all the colors
>there are players with one deck
>>
>>48571392

We're living in the age where standard decks are 400-500$ senpai. Are you willing to drop a grand on rotating format?
>>
I´m trying to build an nahiri deck, after returning to mtg and planning to participate in friday night magic again. Could anyone recommend an artifact or creature to summon with her ultimate?
>>
>>48571560
In all honesty, you shouldn't build a deck around Nahiri. She's good in red white madness from my experience. I ran ulamog as her pull but it rarely happens.
>>
>>48571560

Ulamog/Emrakul.
>>
Anyone watch the Professor's 'Budget G/R Werewolves' thing? Seems like a pretty decent T2 aggro deck, obviously doesn't match up against Bant/GW but it seems like a fun deck to pilot.
>>
What are some dirt cheap creatures to cast that grow constantly?

Simic colors preferable and no Hangarback. I need that mana to cast other shit not to grow him.
>>
File: cute.png (540KB, 801x371px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
540KB, 801x371px
>>48572167
Fuck forgot picture, something along these lines.
>>
>>48572167
>what is Scute Mob
>>
>>48572231
I completly forgot that nigga exists, thanks.

Got more recommendations along those lines?
>>
>>48572290
>>48572167

Experiment one
Avatar of the resolute in a right deck (ok, it just lands huge).
>>
>>48572837
I'm making simic draw/ramp, the growing critters are to put pressure early before the bigger guys come down, with goes back to your hand effects and tapping via Guardians of Tazeem with few send to sleep.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.