[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 47

File: Big Daddy Elly.png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Big Daddy Elly.png
189KB, 265x370px
Best commander edition

Previous thread: >>48509079

RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>48517185
how well does gruul hold up when up against blue/green/black or whatever the tryhardiest set up is
>>
>>48517538
It depends. If you've put significant effort into fucking with the blue mage, you're gonna hurt their efforts because black and green are usually there for support (tutoring, removal, ramp), so your stuff like Ruric and Spellbreaker is still gonna bitch-slap their counters. They'll be able to answer your creature-based-interference more easily than if they were mono-blue, but it's still gonna slow them down.

They can overpower you, but they'd have to be devoting pretty much all of their resources to disrupting you specifically, at which point they lose to one of the other two players. So, Pyrrhic victory for you.
>>
How do you all feel about Planeswalkers being commanders? Do you think the Rules Committee would ever go for it? Do any stick out as "too good" for it to be repeatedly cast? Like Karn? Is it even worth the trouble?
>>
>>48517483
Tell me this /tg/
Mayael or Anafenza?
>>
>>48517905
No thank you.

Repeatable JTMS sounds awful.

New Tamiyo allows you bant color idenity, for a cheap powerful commander.

Doesn't seem worth the trouble.
>>
>>48517916

First which Anafenza. Second they are both wildly different commanders from each other...what is your goal for the deck?
>>
File: God Of Hand Rape.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
God Of Hand Rape.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>48517483
Yup, that is the best commander. I run him and my deck is explosive. I just sink all my time into land-ramp, slowly drop some expensive things on a quick curve, then play the RNG lottery and usually make out pretty well.

Should I throw a Jin-Gitaxias in there? I have one, and it's just durdling in my weird lazav counter/discard deck, but I don't think it'll really add anything that awesome. I mean, sure it's effect is awesome, but I usually end the game as soon as Maelstrom comes out.
>>
>>48517982
>>48517916
Do not pick white anafenza. My friend built a pretty powerful budget deck, to the point that I made a deck specifically to counter it, but Elesh Norn just fucks your shit up. If your opponent happens to get one on the field, pray to god because you're basically locked down until you get removal. It could be a spicy stax commander, but that would take a dedicated build and some sneaky zero mana artifact creatures.
>>
>>48517905
Will eventually happen when there are enough different walkers in all color combinations. Then you could ban the most glaring offenders like Karn, Tezzeret, Sorin 1.0 etc. and it could work.
>>
>>48517538
The autistic competitive edh subreddit had a tourney to find the best decks. Ruric Thar blew out tons of top tier decks to get to the final, caused a hilarious amount of butthurt.

He can be really good, but needs tuned to your meta, and probably built with a lot of stax and mld to get the most out of him.
>>
>>48517982
Was thinking of Kin-Tree Spirit and going wide with white weenies and then buffing them with bolster.
>>48518051
It sounds as if you are saying white Anafenza is good. Or am I just misinterpreting what you're saying.
>>
>>48517905
>>48518073
They don't do "banned as commander" anymore, so this kind of thing won't work. Integrating Planeswalkers as commanders would be too much of a hassle for the Rules Committee, outside the 5 that WotC put in on their own.
>>
>>48518111
Nah you got it, it's a very good budget deck, but the second someone builds something slightly competitive, you're going to be in rough shape.

That being said, my decks I beat his deck with have things like Brainstorm, Top, Vindicate, Swords to Plowshares, Elesh Norn, Buried Alive, Urabrask ect. His deck was very competitive considering the cards he used.

Just build it warrior tribal and throw godsend/brimaz in there. You'll have a good time and be significantly stronger than the precons, but not-quite competitive unless you build stax. Fuck, I hope he doesn't build stax.
>>
>>48518164
Yeah I'm not a very competitive MtG player in general so that works for me. Thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>48518123
Yeah it's probably going to be it's own independent niche format for walkerboos. My playgroup already does walker as commander only games sometimes.
>>
>>48518190
Want some secret tech?

Pixis of Pandemonium.
Nyx-fleece Ram
That already mentioned brimaz godsend combo
Serra Ascendant
that one guy who lets you play a warrior from your hand when you attack with him
White mike
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 200x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 200x288px
>>48517259
you're using the wrong Daxos
>>
I think a 5 color devoid legend will happen eventually. As dumb as it sounds.

Right now, I'll just make due with Child.
>>
I wanna dip my feet into the EDH world, guys, what would be the best commander to cheat big creatures into play? Looking for combo type decks with a Plan B. Any suggestions?
>>
>>48518358
5 color Devoid Eldrazi Flipwalker
>>
>>48518079

Spectacular. Do we have a decklist? I'm just curious.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 312x445px
>>48518386
>>
>>48518358
I'd be okay with this, as long as it's only used in a deck with basic lands. Fuck I'd play that into oblivion.
>>
>>48518432
Funny thing, I actually bought her because I saw getting Eldrazi in for cheap. Only problem I see in her is all the hate you get right away.
>>
>want to play a B/W commander
>every option either sucks or way overplayed.

Fuck, I thought Innistrad would give me something.
>>
>>48518386
Well, you kind of want to do two different things. Fatties aren't necessarily combo pieces, and combo pieces are often useless on their own. Jhoira is pretty much you're only choice for what you're describing, unless you want to run Mimeoplasm as some sort of meta-container for your combos.

That being said, there are fun decks that center around big creatures. Xenagos is probably the easiest to build, and Maelstrom Wanderer is a straight upgrade in my opinion once you have a larger card base. You just have to ask yourself, how much aggro do you want to draw and what colours do you have the best cards in. I can't recommend U/G/x highly enough as a Timmy because it comes with all the ramp you could want, and enough draw power to make sure you don't sit top decking for a whole game.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (3KB, 70x99px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3KB, 70x99px
>>48518386
born to cheat out fatties, good colors for it too.
>>
>>48518482
Ayli is awesome, not overplayed, and a tremendous value machine. I built an Ayli deck filled with walls and I can't recommend it highly enough. It just has answers for everything. New Tesya is a good alternate choice for stopping Timmy and his schtick if he doesn't kill you in one turn.
>>
>>48518399
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruric-thar-rcedh-tournament/

Played on cockatrice, hence the price, but the core of the deck isn't that pricey.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>48518482
A teysa voltron with the innistrad human equpiments has always sounded kind of fun to me
>>
>>48518386
mayael/maelstrom/animar are among the best tryhard options.
>>
>>48518386
You've got a few options.
Cheating from the hand
>Kaalia
>Animar
Cheating from the library
>Maelstrom Wanderer
>Mayael
>Scion of the Ur-Dragon
Cheating from the graveyard
>Sedris
>Teneb
>The Mimeoplasm

And that's without even going into two-color or monocolor.
>>
>>48518494
What some U/G/X would you suggest? I saw Kruphix and had thoughts of flashing in Hydra and Eldrazi with the stockpile of mana.

>>48518552
What makes them tryhard? I can understand Animar, and Maelstrom, but what makes Mayael tryhard?
>>
>>48518079
>Ruric Thar blew out tons of top tier decks to get to the final, caused a hilarious amount of butthurt

is it possible to find said butthurt
>>
>>48518507
mayael the ant
>>
>>48518510
I think there are 3 ayli players at my store already.

>>48518548
I don't know why, but I never noticed she had protection from creatures. I dig the idea, although 7 seems like a lot for a voltron commander.
>>
>>48517573
so basically

>you have to design your deliberately to fuck with them
>you will still probably lose the fight against them, but on the bright side, so will they

whoo
>>
>>48517483
The only correct way to plau maelstrom wander is to play without a real wincon.

I'm talking winning the game by making other people quit.

I'm talking the cards the just change the way you play the game.

Confusion in the ranks, thieves auction, the great aurora, scrambleverse, hivemind, etc.
>>
I'm sort of interested in a 'Scion Teysa deck, albeit without Darkest Hour.
>>
How do /edh/ threads manage to be worse than modern ones? All I see is crybabies complaining that nobody takes their advice and complaining about sol ring.
>>
>>48518600
I actually built Kruphix when Prophet was unbanned and it was a blast. I built it exactly the way you described, as a hybrid hydra/eldrazi sort of thing. If you build it, it can be good and slot into most metas. How serious is yours? I have a giant list of all the secret tech I used to cheat fatties onto the field if you're interested.

Now, if you want something different, The Mimeoplasm is pretty good, but make sure you build it with the objective of winning without using him, so it's a little more difficult. Deveri is pretty good too, but for a little bit different of a playstyle.
>>
>>48518668
>I think there are 3 ayli players at my store already.
Really? Holy shit on toast, I've never met another ayli player. Why do you want to play w/b anon?
>>
>>48518708
My group is more relaxed and casual. I have been looking at Jhoira, Kruphix, Maelstrom, Tasigur. I am not a Spike, more Johnny and Timmy.
>>
>>48517483
Whos stronger, MW or Narset?
>>
shouldn't this guy be pretty good as a commander?

>hard to remove
>fairly cheap
>guaranteed (doubled) value from creatures as soon as they enter

i like red's fastness but i don't like red's dogshitness, so wouldn't this be a good middle ground???
>>
>>48518702
>All I see is crybabies

So, what, you decided to join them?
>>
>>48518764
Build Kruphix. Your friends will start siding in cards specifically to stop Jhoira think about all those new eldrazi with seemingly useless effects involving creatures being moved from exile to the graveyard and Bananaman/Maelstrom draw a shitload of aggro just by playing them.

If you're in a casual meta, I'd suggest avoiding a 3 colour deck until you're confident with your deck building. Seriously, you either need a fuckload of money, or a very strong understanding of how to ramp lands.

>>48518805
Xenagos is an amazing commander, particularly in casual metas. I can't recommend him highly enough if you're looking to offset the bad in red without building RU nonsense.
>>
>>48518837
>>Xenagos is an amazing commander

thanks for replying friend, anything specific i should build with him?

if it helps, i'm a very aggressive player and my main focus in every game is running down the blue fucktard who keeps countering my spells
>>
>>48518826
Why would I? I don't complain about pointless shit like you retards
>>
>>48518837
Kruphix it is. Thank you. Time to buy Seedborn Muse and enjoy that mana stockpile.
>>
>>48518386
Where do you want to cheat them from? Meren is great for dumping Fatries in the graveyard and getting them back by doing what the deck already wants to do.

Kalia the Vast is the best for cheating from your hand, but expect to get hated out of games if you don't get rolling fast. Kalia scares a lot of people, righ fully so!
>>
>>48518909
>I don't complain about pointless shit like you retards

You already have though.
>>
>>48518971
Not really. I just made statements, your autism is just making it seem like I complained, perhaps you should take your meds.
>>
>>48518888
Ah, an anon after my own heart.

I'd build him straight up land-ramp into smash face. Use cards that fish basics and drop them onto the battlefield, particularly more than one at a time. My general strategy was to give something trample, drop something like Pathbreaker Ibex or Overwhelming Stampede, and swing for the game in one or two attacks. Double strike is your friend, and Kalonian Hydra is an all-star. Alpha Authority is a pretty good budget card to keep Xenagos alive. But that's just how I built him, I think he could be neat with a fuckload of goblins, but I don't really know how to build him like that. Ruic Thar is also a must-include, particularly if you want to make the blue player cry. Urabrask is pretty worthwhile too, but not quite a budget card. Elvish Piper, Wurmcoil Engine, Flamedash Rider and Feldon of the Third Path are all hilarious in that deck.

>>48518931
No problem anon, have fun! If you want any spicy tech, I'll be happy to help you out once you get things a little better established. Jalaria Master Polymorphist is pretty good if you plan on dropping big creatures.

Now beware, I found myself stuck topdecking because I undervalued draw power. Make sure you have enough low-cost cards that ramp and draw you cards so you have a way of coming back once you drop all your creatures, your opponent hits you with an aetherize, and now you have an empty field.
>>
File: 1469125706644.png (581KB, 599x825px) Image search: [Google]
1469125706644.png
581KB, 599x825px
>>48519034
And now you're complaining about his autism for recognizing that you were complaining like the complainers you were originally complaining about. Fuck anon, you need to get off the internet for a while.
>>
File: warhammer 40 ed.png (33KB, 618x478px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer 40 ed.png
33KB, 618x478px
>>48519125
I just told him to take his meds. Just what exactly is the deal with people in this thread? now see that is a complaint I just had to point it out because you aren't very smart either
>>
>>48518358
I want that so I can have a Domain commander so I can do some janky Maze's End shit.
>>
File: 1468083084162.gif (2MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1468083084162.gif
2MB, 500x391px
>>48519187
But that's not a complaint, that's an ironic observation phrased sarcastically in an homage to Jerry Seinfeld. The other part of your post, where you're pointing out that you're faux-complaint is actually a complaint about the intelligence of the average poster in this thread.

Long story short, you don't belong here, go somewhere else. Or don't. You'll fit right in with the complainers.
>>
>>48519242
>talks about seinfeld while posting john cleese

I can't believe how retarded you are. You should really take your meds
>>
Does anyone have a Uril creature package I could take a look at? I have no idea how to build this guy, outside of slap enchantments and things that synergize with enchantments in a deck. RWG just seems like too good of a colour combination not to be smashing face with the rest of my deck.
>>
>>48518600
Why is Wanderer tryhard if its luck-based?

Shits inconsistent as fuck in terms of hits.
>>
>>48519347
Wanderer isn't try-hard, people just get mad when it works right and a mediocre deck crushes their $3000 monstrosity. That being said, it is boarderline unfair because you get to cast 3 cards for 8 mana. Maximum advantage you'd get is 24 mana for 8. Minimum you get is 10 mana for 8. I can see where they're coming from, but much like sol ring and mana crypt, it doesn't win the game on it's own.
>>
>>48518025
I have a maelstrom wanderer deck and I personally think that its not worth running anything that you cant cascade into. If a card with 7CMC is revealed in the middle of a cascade trigger it just goes to the bottom of the deck, so you are unlikely to ever draw it imo.
>>
>>48519492
Wanderer is 8, 7 gets hit.
>>
Anyone here have playtime with Riku? I'm interested, but I'm wondering how fun he actually is to play. I'd have to buy a lot to run him.
>>
>>48519568
Meant higher than 7CMC
>>
>>48518386
Another fun cheater that nobody mentioned yet is Intet - she's pretty good to have combos and fatties, since the cheats she does are free for any spell or even lands! Just be sure to grab a Soothsaying and Vedalken Orrery.

That being said, she may not be what you're looking for. Just thought I'd mention one that I know most wouldn't because every other Intet player and their mother just runs Dragon tribal.
>>
>>48519594
Ah, I see.
>>
>>48519347
When your decks full of good cards it really doesn't matter what you hit. Also RUG is a good color combo.
>>
>>48519347
You can stack the deck, ya know?

Not much of a crapshoot when you have a top or Mindsculptor or something.

I do love that the comments on the gatherer just didn't understand why See Beyond would be in the Maelstrom Wanderer deck, it means you can't stack it then!

They clearly missed that the deck was called fucking "Chaos Reigns".
>>
>>48518494
>>48518507
>>48518552
>>48518599
>>48518805
>>48519039
Who should I build for big fatties and trampling meanies? Xenagos or Mayael?
>>
So I'm trying to build a deck for every color combination. How insane am I?
>>
>>48519492
>What are fetchlands
>What is Madblind Mountain
>What are tutors
>>
>>48519853
Best card for it is probably Scroll Rack imo. Although personally I use Top and Sylvan Library.
>>
>>48519861
Build Stonebrow. Be amazing.
>>
>>48519903
Sylvan/Mystical/Wordly tutors are pretty stupid too

>>48519920
Not the guy you quoted, but if I weren't building a RG deck already I'd build Stonebrow.
>>
Thinking about building a RIku deck. Anyone have any advice on how to play him? Thinking about using him for combo shenanigans.
>>
>>48519381
22 is maximum, 8 is minimum. Wanderer can't hit two 8-drops, but he can hit two 0-drops.
>>
File: 1465755385050.gif (989KB, 411x313px) Image search: [Google]
1465755385050.gif
989KB, 411x313px
>>48518507
>>48518660
kek
>>
One player in my playgroup and his friend discovered 5 color superfriends and they both built it.

Any special tech i can use to counter them besides burn and combat in UR or RUG?
>>
>>48520002
That wipe from Theros block that kills walkers too.
>>
>>48520002
It only would take out one but Imprison in the Moon can target walkers
>>
File: 405319.full.png (100KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
405319.full.png
100KB, 200x279px
>>48519928
>>48519920
>>48519861
opinions on radha?

+ literally free mana acceleration early on
+ literally free damage early on too
- doesn't do anything else
>>
>>48519976
>MW hits Mana Crypt and Ancestral Vision

oh no i got no value

>>48519928
Have you thought about building Omnath?
>>
>>48520002
Just watch out for Doubling Season. That's honestly the only bullshit they can really pull. Otherwise, attack them.

And more Wraths hit them than you think.

And don't underestimate direct damage like comet storm.
>>
File: 128949.full.jpg (51KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
128949.full.jpg
51KB, 200x278px
oops that's not radha
>>
>>48520029
Big fan of the bitch, but that's because I fucking love firebreathing and Rootwalla effects. But be aware, that red mana is doing fuck all unless you have outlets during that very step.
>>
>>48520056
not that anon but which one? Omnath, Locus of Mana is my baby
>>
>>48520056
I didn't say it was no value. It's still 0 mana of value, technically. If you're going to use numbers to discuss strength, use them right.
>>
>>48520029
She's very much a "Go big or go home". She can hand out ass-beatings in the early game, but you've GOT to explode or she falls behind fast.
>>
>>48520056
Nah. Mono-decks are very low on my "to build" list, and Angry Omnath doesn't interest me.
>>
File: 237.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
237.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
What are the most "glass cannon" type commanders?
>>
>>48520024
Fated Retribution is white though.

>>48520027
Already planning on using it once i order some more cards.

>>48520065
Doubling season is my number 1 target when playing against them. Ill hold removal in my hand knowing theyll play it and try to combo that turn.

My Mizzix build runs boardwipes that slow them both down considerably, especially when they drop tons of tokens. Should i be running more spot burn spells or spells that affect everything?
>>
>>48520105
Well I mean you're hitting three cards for 8CMC so just about anything will be fine. Your worst hits will likely be more ramp to re-cast MW later.

>>48520159
Well there are alot of options in RG, You can even go RGx if you want. If you want big stompy creatures you can do:

Maelstrom Wanderer
Animar
Mayael
Surrak Dragonclaw
Either Atarka
Angrynath
>>
>>48520254
Alright, I must not be making myself clear here

I -have- a RG deck in the works. I like it. I like what it's doing. I'm not asking for other RG ideas. I was just saying that if I didn't already have this RG build in progress, Stonebrow would be the RG deck I build.
>>
NEWEST TRASH BREW

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/d-a-n-c-i-n-g-i-n-t-h-e-d-a-r-k/

Almost certainly need to trim some of the less-stellar little dudes for more mana rocks, removal, and board wipes.
>>
>>48517538
run graveyard hate and you're set, Gruul doesn't use the GYU that much IIRC
>>
>>48520199
Sorry, didn't see you mention colors.
>>
>>48519291
>>
>>48520380
It's cool. I already run it in my Zedruu stax-chantments
>>
>>48520328
So you dont need help then?
>>
File: 42367321.jpg (68KB, 634x584px) Image search: [Google]
42367321.jpg
68KB, 634x584px
>>48520336
>unblockable cheese
>motherfucking ninjutsu
>based ætherling
Yeah I could get behind this deck
Nice one
>>
>>48520406
>I'll say a comeback an hour later that'll show him!
>>
>>48520444
Me? No. I'm >>48519928 , not >>48519861
>>
>>48520457
Originally I was trying to cobble together a Vela that was more focused on the LTB thing, but I could only go so far on blinking my own creatures without just saying "This is just a bad Zegana deck", and I knew I wanted to keep the Ninjas, so I decided to focus more on evasive guys. Started out with mainly Flying, but then I thought "Fuck that, fliers can get blocked". I should also probably put in one or two cards to help Vela herself connect for Commander damage if need be.
>>
File: 949.jpg (324KB, 1392x688px) Image search: [Google]
949.jpg
324KB, 1392x688px
Post n' rate?
>>
>>48520484
>implying I'm that same dude
I just came in to read this thread dude. The first guy couldn't face his own hypocrisy so he resorted to the bottom of pic related>>48520406
>>
>>48518540
Super solid list. I cannot stand Gruul, but that deck is set up to be able to dish out some good ol' pain.

Still isn't as strong as other colour combinations, but it's great for what it's got.
>>
>>48520543
Would be pure cancer but Bananaman saves you.

7.2/10
>>
>>48520543

What's the Tasigur deck look like?
>>
>>48519861
Mayael is in a bad position. She was already a subpar Commander, but could be brewed to be quite abusive. Her strongest forms have always been toolbox (contrary to how most people build her, as just stompy). Beasts and abusing that instant-speed uncounterable card advantage is really solid.

But with the mulligan changes, she's damn near impossible to get a decent hand with now. I've been considering retiring my Mayael list, and I've had it for almost seven years now - my first deck. It just underperforms.

That said, build her intelligently, and she'll reward you. Build her dumbly, and you'll get punished now more than ever. Oh, and she can wreck really slow, really dumb tables. But she doesn't stand a chance against decent players.
>>
>>48520598
I didn't see any name calling going on but go on and act like you didn't get butthurt
>>
>>48520655
opinions on the rest of the gruul commanders?
>>
>>48520706

There was plenty of ad hominem and your posts just keep proving my point.
>>
File: ss.jpg (82KB, 960x692px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
82KB, 960x692px
>>48520787
If that's what you want to keep thinking. I already won this argument if you can even call it that Because I am smarter than you. You did try your best unfortunately it wasn't good enough
>>
>>48518252
>white Mike
Who?
>>
>>48520852
Mikeaus the Lunarch
>>
>>48520781
I don't play a lot of Gruul, unfortunately. The combination doesn't interest me much.

That said, Xenagod is pretty great if you enjoy quick wins, and huge numbers. Ruric Thar is good, probably better than Xenagod and any other alternatives. >>48518540 is a super solid list, and the core of it can be really cheap. Radha hits early and can be good, but she lacks any focus of her own.

The rest are unfortunately jank, or I'm not that familiar with them (particularly the new ones). But if you have an idea or inspiration on 'any' Commander, try brewing them up. You may have a lot more fun with a bad Commander than you will with a good one, and that's quite important. That said, the better Commander will naturally be the better deck in almost every way and win more games.
>>
>>48520840
>proven wrong each time
>I-i'm the winner because I'm smarter than you
this is painful
>>
>>48520002
Do not forget the potency of Pithing Needle and Phyrexian Revoker. They're great cards, and can shut down a walker for cheap. Plus, they're artifacts, making them tutorable and recurrable.

That also makes them fragile, and they only hit one at a time - but they're still amazing, especially the Needle.
>>
File: 1469688310992.jpg (52KB, 399x464px) Image search: [Google]
1469688310992.jpg
52KB, 399x464px
>>48520895
Nice try retracting your statements. Maybe you can save face by deleting your posts but I doubt you know how to do it. Just face it, you lost, I won. Now I'm going to go play edh with some friends
>>
File: Full EDH Listing.jpg (2MB, 4144x2468px) Image search: [Google]
Full EDH Listing.jpg
2MB, 4144x2468px
Post lists.
>>
>>48520948
thanks, later friendo
>>
>>48518668

I used to play Teysa 2.0 in an exile control shell. Shit was pretty fantastic. When I got shit like Pariah(Shield), it was dumb, and Godsend makes sure no one will attack you ever while also being a 3 turn clock.

Yes, 7 mana is a lot, but it's fine as a control finisher. I did the same thing with Bolas awhile back. Plus, you can run all sorts of protection like flickers and shit.
>>
File: 1469032891930.gif (190KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469032891930.gif
190KB, 360x360px
>>48520543
Post Maelly deck
I always wanted to make one, but I never truly figured out what to put in it. Mystical Tutor into Tooth and Nail is pretty nasty though.
>>
>>48519591
be ready to have Riku snap removed constantly, like, all the fucking time. The upside is that if you stick him for even half a turn you'll probably win
>>
>>48518668
>I dig the idea, although 7 seems like a lot for a voltron commander.
I play OG Gisela voltron, and yeah it is.
>>
>>48520002
Hex Parasite, Vampire Hexmage, Aether Snap, that vampire that eats all counters when it comes into play, Zealous Inquisitors
>>
File: luluco-episode1-scenes-01.jpg (92KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
luluco-episode1-scenes-01.jpg
92KB, 1000x563px
How do I play Newzuri without being cancer?
>>
>>48520781
Thromok is fun.
I retired my deck since I built it back when I was retarded and bad at Magic, but I'm tempted to rebuild. It just steals games out of fucking nowhere sometimes.
>>
>>48520975
Im going to be drafting conspiracy in about a week.

I fucking hope I pull a Marchesa.
>>
>>48521214
Is Newzuri cancer? I don't see it. Just don't run Sage of Hours or Deadeye.

Newzuri is a super cute card, but it mostly just pumps dudes, hardly cancer.
>>
File: EDHDECKS.png (1MB, 1304x924px) Image search: [Google]
EDHDECKS.png
1MB, 1304x924px
>>48519591
He's great, I just built him as straight toolbox-goodstuff with a slightly abnormal amount of clones so I can mooch off other players. Nothing is better than responding to a player's Rune-Scarred with two of your own.

>>48520543
I used to be a Tasigurfriend too, but mine got too focused on combo so I don't really play it anymore.
>>
>>48521292
>Is Newzuri cancer?

I run infect in mine and my group hates it
>>
>>48521292
Newzuri is fine. It's just sad that he and Meren are able to wrack up XP counters at an inordinately higher rate than their set competitors.
>>
Give me suggestions for a Relentless Rats deck. Inb4 thrumming stone - good idea, already got it.
>>
>>48519329

not sure what your reasoning is here, you only have one deck here, you cant afford to make one deck do the work of two decks

if you're building uril, you should be building an enchantment deck, and you'll be smashing plenty of face with Uril, not sure what makes you think you'll be able to smash more face by wasting valuable card slots on other beaters when you have the best possible beater already, he just needs the full support of your deck

if you're averse to the voltron strategy, maybe uril isnt the commander for you, i mean hes literally designed as a voltron card

in my uril deck there are only 12 creatures and they are all either enchantress cards or serve some other purpose to increase uril's power
>>
File: 1465825180694.png (17KB, 882x758px) Image search: [Google]
1465825180694.png
17KB, 882x758px
>>48520975
>>48521250
>tfw my friends pulled Dack Fayden, Marchesa and fucking foiled Scourge of the Throne, while the only valueable thing I got was a Mirari's Wake
What a shitty weekend that was
>>
>>48520169

krenko
>>
>>48521250
Drafting conspiracy is an experience, man. It's why I wound up building a cube. Still, though, good luck, I've opened shitloads of conspiracy and not opened her (not enough to be statistically relevant, but hey, I thinned the pool for you. Good luck.)
>>
>>48521361
>>48521376
Fuck, all I ever remember pulling was a Pernicious Deed.

Now I want to open more of the set. Send help.
>>
File: olivia_voldaren.png (640KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
olivia_voldaren.png
640KB, 600x837px
So I've been working on trimming down a vampire tribal deck that I want to build. My meta is pretty fast with lots of voltron decks so I've reduced the average CMC down to a little over three to try and have as much board presence as possible early on in order to become a less likely target at the start of the game. I've included lots of destroy and sac cards to further slow my opponents board state so that I can get this snowball rolling. The win con is basically overwhelm my foes with numerous heavily buffed vampires or a Sanguine Blood into Exquisite Blood combo.

Any thoughts on what I can do to improve the deck would be greatly appreciated.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drink-deep-of-life/
>>
>>48521403

im not sure the sanguine blood combo actually helps this strategy, depends on meta though

if your meta has lots of green and white players, with no way to protect your combo, it seems like you'll be wasting 10 mana on these enchantments that do nothing for you really, although i guess exquisite blood at least is very powerful on its own

just a thought anyway
>>
>>48521403
>he wants to use the dickgirl vampire
>>
What RUG commander is the most fun to play for a Johnny/Timmy player?
>>
>>48521394
>>48521361
I have a box of the set still. I want to draft it.

I actually got some good stuff from it, but it was all stolen. All of it.
>>
>>48521458
they all seem pretty good
>>
>>48521453
>can't appreciate a pretty horse-cock

what a faggot
>>
>>48521250
It's not like Marchesa is particularly expensive.
>>
I'm using witch engine in a sheoldred commander deck. I'm trying to find ways to prevent my opponents from benefitting from it. This deck is limited to cards of phyrexian flavor only, so I need to think out of the box.

Off the top of my head helm of possesion, mind slaver (use mana to activate mindslaver on the player I give it too, give it back to myself) but what else?
>>
>>48521458
Act of Treason girl seems most build around me without being generic goodstuff. So, if you are super Johnny (as in Johnny Johnny, not "oh hey Palinchron" Johnny Spike), I would go for that.

The rest are a bit generic, but fun too.
>>
File: commanders.png (695KB, 1125x364px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
695KB, 1125x364px
>>48520543
>>
>>48521553
Phyrexian Altar is a pretty good way of doing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 700x450px
Any suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-banana-man-and-his-graveyard-band/
>>
>johnny this
>timmy that

is there a nickname for the aggro player type that gets bored during other people's turns? because thats what i am
>>
>>48521566
Johnny with Timmy second. So I guess combo or synergy to get a big creature out.
>>
File: 1454700064638.jpg (978KB, 1400x907px) Image search: [Google]
1454700064638.jpg
978KB, 1400x907px
Looking for people to critique / add suggestions for my Nahiri the Lithomancer Stax/Control deck. I'm trying in particular to find a card to cut for Porphyry Nodes.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monowhite-control-nahiri/

>Pic not related but it looks nice
>>
>>48521611
That's not how this works.

You are probably a Timmy Spike.
>>
>>48521442
You make a very good point. White is extremely prominent with the group I play with. 10 mana with a good chance of losing it does seem like a rather poor gamble. Do you have an suggestions for replacements? Maybe a more direct Drain Life type spell?
>>
File: r8.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
r8.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>48520543
>>
>>48521553
>i'm using Witch Engine
but why? there are plenty of phyrexian themed cards that generate boatloads more mana
>>
>>48521666
10/10 satan, would play with
>>
File: 9.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Where would Commander Eesha shine the most? She's been my favorite card ever since I laid my eyes upon her back in '03
>>
>>48521611
You just sound like a player. It's legit frustrating playing with retards who take more than 3 minutes to complete their turn
>>
>>48521707
I'de say run her with Odric 2.0/Concerted Effort to make your dudes unblockable
>>
>>48521650
i refuse to touch blue because of the tryhard stigma though

i just like playing various mixes of red mostly
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-07-16-lazav/

I've posted my deck once before but got no answers unfortunately so I'm going to try again, any feedback would be appreciated. I don't run this deck as full Lazav voltron because it seems to suck dick in multiplayer and instead try to play more UB Goodstuff-y... stuff like Kokusho (which is replacement for Geth mainly because I don't like that card), Wrexial, etc.

Again, any feedback appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>48521210
Those are all black options. Im looking for UR (mizzix) or RUG(animar). White also for zedruu but it's a stax deck so I don't worry about removal as much.
>>
>>48521735
new odric doesn't grant protection
>>
>>48521707
My friend runs her in the 99 of his Radiant, Archangel deck.
>>
>>48521705

Hurry and get down here, my group needs more players. Everyone around here just plays Black, or Black/Red.
>>
>>48521728
>MonoU player has Venser + Deadeye lock with a full grip of cards and multiple mana doublers
>I scoop at this point because there's nothing in my deck that can address this. Plus, by the time he untaps he'll just force us all to draw 100
>Guy next to me still wants to play it out til the end
>casts fracturing gust
>'does it resolve?' knowing full well the outcome
>blue player pulls out his phone to read a txt message, smiles, and then spends the next three minutes replying to it
>we are clearly all waiting for his response
>puts his phone back in his pocket, asks what he casts, pauses, then proceeds to bounce the spell

shit like this is why I go for him every time
>>
>>48521768
that's why i also said concerted effort senpai
>>
>>48521666
Can I take a look at your Jaya list? I've had my eye on her for a while, can you share any crazy tech for her?
>>
>>48521824
then why did you say new odric
giving your creatures flying isn't all that spectacular
>>
>>48521881

I think you're wrong there, it IS pretty spectacular
>>
>>48521812
why are all blue players the same

>"hey guys let me just read through the flavor text in my deck, u guys can wait, right ;)"
>"oh, looks like i have to search for a card in my library again, give me another 7 minutes haha :^)"

no respect for anyone else's time or wellbeing
>>
>>48521881
when he can also give them hexproof and indestructible (concerted can't), it is
>>
File: smokestack.jpg (189KB, 1100x804px) Image search: [Google]
smokestack.jpg
189KB, 1100x804px
Anyone got some sweet tech for mono black stax?
>>
>>48521842

I can post the list, I don't think I have anything too crazy.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-05-16-jaya-ballard/
>>
>>48521898

I try my best to go off as quick as possible but I admit sometimes I take a while when I'm piecing together my turns

I apologize on behalf of blue players everywhere
>>
>>48521902
>>48521897
ok sure but
that's not a reason
to run him with commander eesha
>>
>>48521962

I agree that commander eesha's protection ability is more important than just flying, lots of commanders can give your team flying in combination with Odric 2.0
>>
>>48521962
I don't see why not, just stack a bunch of equipment on her and go to town with your near-invincible army
>>
File: Image (16).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (16).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>48521898
>:^)
>>
File: Sidisi-Undead-Vizier combo.jpg (170KB, 977x371px) Image search: [Google]
Sidisi-Undead-Vizier combo.jpg
170KB, 977x371px
Currently working on a Sidisi, Undead vizier tutor deck. Mind slave them, then when you control their turn make them destroy Lethal Vapors using its ability like 10million times, so they never take a turn again
>>
>>48522317
lethal vapors only skips one turn
>>
>>48522317
Do you plan on sneaking Vapors into play or do you want this combo to just make an opponent skip a turn in response to getting mindslavered
>>
>>48522347
you can activate it a bunch of times in response to itself dummy
>>
>>48522317
Are you going to somehow play Vapors during their turn? If not, they can just activate it before you gain control of them.
>>
>>48520642
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigur-edh-deck-1/

Currently doing some work on it, stripped it apart for a few cards to test out other decks.

Thoughts? I can't afford anything too expensive like Entomb.
>>
>>48518432
FUCKING CUNT BITCH I HOPE SHE GETS RAPED
>>
>>48522677
JHOIRA IS MY BABY. BACK OFF HER.
>>
>>48521128
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-12-15-maelstrom-wanderer-edh/

Basic Wanderer list, looking to add some more draw power/board wipes.
>>
Favorite R/W commanders? trying to decide on one to play
>>
>>48522864

Aurelia, brion stoutarm, and Iroas are my favorites as far as pure R/W go

I like numot the devastator in jeskai colors a lot too
>>
>>48520002
Thief of Blood
>>
>>48522959

He said UR or RUG dude
>>
>>48513716

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. It's a sorcery, why are you talking about torpor orb?
>>
>>48522707
I will fucking murder you Jhoira slut is fucking shit eldrazi taking dick FUCK
>>
Just grabbed a brago. Any spicy tech I should know about?

I can't acquire a deadeye because my flgs doesn't ever stock him stupid other format nights ruining my fun, same reason I can't get a craterhoof but I'm very open to all sorts of shenanigans. That Linivala from Zendikar looks bretty gud to flicker.
>>
I'm looking for the anon who said they made an Urza themed Mishra deck. If you're around, can you post list?
>>
>>48523041
Dude TCGplayer is there for literally those reasons
>>
If I get a Gruul deck with Xenagos as the commander, I can probably switch between him and Ruric without any real changes, right?

The only thing that comes to mind is that Ruric might fuck over noncreature spell use, but a Xenagos deck uses very few noncreature spells as well so it shouldn't be a problem, right?
>>
>>48523076
Just put them in each other when you switch them out, Gruul is fuckin gay and cool that way.
>>
>>48523076
No, they are very different decks. Ruic is more about creature-based aggro, whereas xenagos is more about giving some fatty trample, the decks don't often mash up the way you'd think. In theory, you could throw Xenagos at the head of Ruic and it would be pretty good, but I don't think it works the other way around.
>>
>>48523010
Oh nevermind, I figured it out. I guess the simplest difference is you don't have to wait for your commander to die for it to return to the command zone. I guess there are niche uses like the torpor orb interaction, and making Negate effects better in commander as well. I suppose it would be important for wizards to make it feel different than playing an ETB that doesn't leave a body behind.
>>
>>48523076
RG beats is RG beats, but iirc Xenagod rungs a lot of creatures with specific power or abilities which make them better when his ability is triggered, like that 5/5 infect guy
>>
>>48523070
But anon, I live in canada and only have canadian dollerydoos. Shipping usually rapes me, but it might be worth it to pick up a few spicy meatballs I've been lusting over for months.
>>
>>48523128
Oh, do you mean that Ruric runs way more small 1-5 mana aggro creature drops than Xenagos? And Xenagos is all about that ramp to 5 and then unloading? I guess that makes sense.

I'm still leaning towards Xenagos at the moment since I really love Haste and having other players die fast, but I guess I could still check out Ruric in xmage
>>
File: edhtime.png (599KB, 999x464px) Image search: [Google]
edhtime.png
599KB, 999x464px
>>48520543
Eagerly awaiting Conspiracy 2 for some spicy new generals
>>
>>48522799
Thanks lad
>>
>>48523162
>Shipping
>Letter mail
What? Do you cancucks only get mail from fucking mounties or something?
>>
>>48523181
More like Xenagos runs some janky tech that will cause you to take big damage if Ruic is on the field. I actually own and have tested out both, I find that in Xenagos, the killshot often comes from doubling something that already had a Mutanagenic Growth, then giving something double strike, or even dropping overwhelming stampede/pathbreaker ibex and all of those plays will result in you damaging yourself with Ruic.

When I built Ruic, you're right, you generally just out value with fatties and ramp into Ruic as quick as possible, which is similiar to Xenagos, except when Ruic is on the field you already need your protection suite online or you'll take big damage when you try to Swiftfoot Boots it. I find Ruic ends up being more of a value-and-control facilitated through ETBs than Xenagos, which is a more linear face stompy deck.

Now, if I had to pick, and you don't already have a RG/x deck, I'd build Xenagos. It's very easy to assemble and generally pretty powerful in casual metas. Just remember to pack some card draw or you'll be top-decking A LOT. This is one of the few decks I've used Top effectively in, it's definitely worth picking it up.
>>
>>48523275
International shipping blows. Most places are located in the US and if I try to buy a single $20 card, I'll often pay $5-$15 in shipping. I actually have letter and package delivery to my door, but yup, basically. I remember I bought a Jin Gitaxias from a similar site, waited two months to get it, and wound up paying $15 more than I should have. As is custom in canada, I immediately sperged all over the internet because it felt like I was being hosed, and the only thing more dangerous than a middle aged man with two daughters is a Canadian who thinks they've been taken advantage of.
>>
>>48523041
Subjugator Angel + pillowfort effects, + Court Street Denizen and such. Use about half of your card slots for this engine, fill the rest with ETB goodstuff, tune the exact numbers for your meta.

Make them kill each other while you watch from on high. Siren effects are good too.
>>
>>48523413
>Subjugator Angel
Holy shit, I cracked one of those yesterday. Excellent! I even have a Court Street Denizen from that Kiora/Elspeth duel deck.

Now, I understand what pillowfort effects are, but do you have any specific examples? I'm one of those bull-rush tempo jackasses that usually out-values people to death.
>>
>>48521210
Delicious. Let's also rip all those counters off our own Dark Depths, while we're at it!
>>
About to buy a Surrak Dragonclaw. Anyone got some juicy tech with him? Kind of wanna find some combos with him if possible
>>
>>48523578
Kiki-Jiki and Great Oak Guardian will make people shit their pants if they haven't seen it before.
>>
>>48523288
>Now, if I had to pick, and you don't already have a RG/x deck, I'd build Xenagos. It's very easy to assemble and generally pretty powerful in casual metas. Just remember to pack some card draw or you'll be top-decking A LOT. This is one of the few decks I've used Top effectively in, it's definitely worth picking it up.

sounds good. i'm playing a ruric deck and it's definitely a bit too funky for my tastes. i'll go with xenagos then. or is there a commander that does roughly what xenagos does but better? i like unloading tons of damage at my opponents

i guess kaalia would be even better but sadly making a decent kaalia deck is expensive as heck, and keeping kaalia alive is a lot harder than xenagos is
>>
>>48523606
I have never seen it but that pump over and over then end it with a BEAR PUNCH TO THE FACE
>>
File: kitsune.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kitsune.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>48523461
My usual core for pillowfort is Ghostly Prison, Propaganda, Greater Auramancy, and Sphere of Safety. Crawlspace is an utterly fantastic artifact version, in case you run into enchantment hate.

Cards like Jetting Glasskite, Coalition Honor Guard, and/or if you can get your hands on it, Coalition Flag- this will help protect you from noncreatures and force opponents to burn more and more resources if they want to hit you.

Consider cards like Linvala, the Preserver- a card with a good blink effect that doesn't need Brago to be good. Alternately, consider cards like Displace, to force even more blinks, or to blink at better times than post combat.

Aqueous Form is a great card for Brago, and ups your Sphere of Safety count. I'd also run a small number of counterspells- they don't have to be good, just low-cost, so that you can get around your biggest threats like a Cyclonic Rift or similar. You don't want anyone taking your spot on the throne, after all.

Targeted removal can be a good thing in a Brago deck- just as you should have a few counterspells, a little bit of spot removal can keep threats down.

Brago is possible for aggro, also consider cards like Always Watching (vigilance isn't really required since Brago can just bounce stuff but it's a nice added layer of protection), New Thalia, and/or Odric. Brago can win games through commander damage even in this shell, although you will need to lose a little of your counterspells and spot removal for combat tricks and enchantments- and you're already pretty heavy enchantments in most pillow forts. Up to you as to how the exact mix is made.

Also, pic related brings the protection.
>>
>>48523622
Maelstrom Wanderer is an objective upgrade over Xenagos in my opinion. RG lacks severely in card draw, which blue excels at, and it's super easy to tutor Xenagos to the top of your deck, pop Maelstrom, and get Xenagos plus some other goody, then swing for the fences. I actually took apart my Xenagos deck to build Maelstrom and I haven't regretted it at all. Acranis just got a reprint and is pure value when you give him haste, and all the scry blue gives you lets you set up exactly what you want when you need it. But, playing Maelstrom multiplayer will make you the Arch Enemy the second someone knows whats going on, or the first time you ramp to 8 lands turn 5 and unload with a Beserkers' Onslaught, Xenagos, Maelstrom and *insert fatty here*. Stormtide Leviathan can also set up an unexpected soft-lock and that one green creature that gives everyone trample when it hits the yard is awesome.
>>
Quick question: Why the fixation on the snow basic lands in competitive play? Does their slightly different name avoid a bunch of effects or something?
>>
>>48523768
>>48523461

Addendum: Look into Spirit Tribal. I gave you a bunch of humans in the aggro thing but consider trying out some spirits- that one new one that jumped up in price recently sounds possible, since it's a counterspell on a stick. I don't really think bouncing it will actually help, but it might really dissuade less experienced players from trying to use instants on your combat phase.
>>
>>48522481
You might wanna take a look at mine

>>48521609
We seem to have gone in much different directions, mine is much jankier than yours
>>
File: 1294902011570.jpg (9KB, 385x390px) Image search: [Google]
1294902011570.jpg
9KB, 385x390px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v25/

What should i do with the cards in maybe board? I Broke down my mono black geth deck because it was bad, so i was thinking maybe put some of the cards from that into my most favorite deck.

Thoughts?
>>
>>48523852
I think it's status, and nothing more. They're still basic lands so I don't think they'd dodge any effect, and I can't imagine any of the snow-covered permanents are actually that good.
>>
>>48523768
Wow anon, that was super helpful and I actually have almost all those cards. Awesome!

In my head I was trying to brew U/W cantrips fliers featuring counterspells and flicker, but I like your idea much better. I actually have awesome counterspells like, well, counterspell, daze, force spike, swan song ect, is it worth it to go all in with those guys or will it just take away from actually winning the game?

>>48523882
I was totally planning on running Nelbghast Herald and I don't have a Spell Queller, but I do have a lot of solid spirts. What wincons are generally in Brago, or do I just bounce things until my opponent gets frustrated and flips the table?
>>
>>48523900
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v25/
Come on anon, you know you're posting a good deck, why do you think /tg/ is going to help you? You have 8 forests and not a single basic swamp, your deck is fine.
>>
>>48523806
he does look pretty good, but he also looks a bit more expensive to build. he also has blue and i don't want to become a part of the blue scum parade

i'll look him over anyway, thanks
>>
>>48523949
Actually, I misread that, you're running 11 swamps and your land suite is kind of medicore. Have you considered Vivids? They're almost always worth it. You could probably grab some cheap tapped duals if you want. Blighted Fen is also underrated, and I like the... uhh, return lands? I don't know what they're called, but the ones that return a land when you cast them then tap for two mana, usually GB or 1G/1B.
>>
/tg/ what U/G commander would work best for a Eldrazi/Hydra deck? I was thinking Momir for the tutoring, but Kruphix's ability allows me to stock up on mana to cast the creatures easier, but Zegana seems like a nice card draw engine with the big creatures. I know they can all go in the 99, but who should lead the army?
>>
>>48523912
Here's where I'm a little bit less helpful, though I'll keep trying. Really, tuning what cards go into the deck and in what amounts is up to what you have and what your metagame is like, you may need more counterspells than I suggest, or you may hardly need spot removal, the only thing to do is really trial and error.

Fliers are good, but Spirits are probably better, especially if you can fit just a little tribal effect in there. The bigger your creatures are, the more control you have over the battlefield, on top of pillowforts and control spells. If they can only swing with one big creature, you can block with a single weak spirit, or stack on to kill their threat if you really need to.

Wincon-wise, I'd say you want commander damage, soft-locks, combos, or some combination of the three. Optimally, you'd be able to take down one player with commander damage around the time you're able to lock down or otherwise combo out, I'd say. Locking down the board is probably easier than an instant-win combo, but either can definitely work well.

Flicker spells are all dependant on how many things you have that you actually want to flicker- you might not need more than a couple if your creatures don't need to flicker at specific times or super-frequently.
>>
>>48524004
Hey anon, welcome back. I'd still say Kruphix because things like Doubling Cube exist, and you can pick up Worldly Tutor for like $8. Zenaga seems much better in the 99 than as a commander, in my opinion, because of it's specific casting cost.

The reason I ran kruphix is because you're basically playing with an enchantment as your commander. He will rarely come online, and when he does, you have a solid indestructible wall. It all depends on the deck you want to build. If you're in a cut-throat meta, I can see Zegana being pretty spicy, but the problem is that people will see it a mile away and counter it. Vig is generally awesome, but again, I'm pretty sure it will put a giant target on your head. I guess it boils down to how you want to cast your eldrazi and hydra. In my deck, the spiciest way to bring an eldrazi to the battlefield was... fuck, I forget the name, but it's a jank rare that searches your library for the first card that shares a creature type with a creature you sac while casting it. Quite frequently I'd snag a Newlamog or a Kozilek.
>>
>>48524056
Okay, I get what you're throwing down. I just have to build the damn thing and see what works, that's an honest answer.

Now, in terms of combos, I can't run deadeye, for stupid reasons, and I have a karmic guide/revilark, but they're in another deck. What are some w/u combos that will win the game? I have never played a single combo before because I'm about as timmy as you can get. I was honestly thinking about making an artifact subtheme with kuldotha forgemaster and durdle/pillowfort until I can pull a blightsteel or wurmcoil.
>>
>>48524101
Hey, you are back. Thanks anon, I was having last thoughts on it before making the decision so I came back for a last opinion.
>>
>>48523990
the landbase i have no problems with, overgrown, strip, ghost, and malady are going in eventually, taking out guildgate, jungle, tainted, and temple of the false god. but ill look into blighted fen.

i need to figure out the rest of the board. grim flayer was planned to replace lotleth, but that will have to wait till he drops in price. everything else in the maybe board i feel should be in the deck but not sure how to fit them in there
>>
>>48524169
No problem, I just wanted to make sure you were making the right choice, you're the one playing it after all. Trust me, it'll be fun, especially if you can get a Eye of Ugin, an Eldrazi Temple, and a Temple of the False Gods. They're all pretty cost effective since Ugin got banned in modern, and your opponents will consistently be surprised when you cast an 6 mana creature with 5 lands.
>>
>>48523852
>>48523901
Mainly for extraplanar lens in mono colored decks and couple other more minor interactions with the snow mechanic.
>>
>>48517483
Ey! Thats us
>>
>>48524174
That is a bit of a pickle. Have you played this deck? What do you struggle with?

In my opinion, there was very little you could cut, sorry anon. Also:

>no Deathrite Shaman

I'd cut the cultivator for that bad boy, but it's just me.
>>
>>48524350
What am I looking at?
>>
why can blue permanently take control of indestructible god commanders and keep hold of them for the rest of the match

what the fuck
>>
>>48524456
Before anyone else says it, you're complaining about relatively small potatoes.

Why didn't you sac your indestructible god commander for value the second that happened? Also, how did they have enough devotion to keep it online instead of instantly relegating it to off-colour jank.
>>
>>48524163
Artifact subtheme puts you more in aggro, and gives you Crawlspace access. Put in a couple equipments (especially if you can get Stoneforge, Open the Armory if you can't) to slap on Brago and go all out on the commander damage. To be perfectly honest, I don't know any combos either, since I'm also really Timmy at heart. (I currently run Tymaret, Mimeoplasm, and Melek, although soon I'll have a Grenzo instead of Tymaret.)
>>
>>48524424
The front page.
I thought no man had journeyed there in ages.
>>
Thinking of switching to Ayli from Karlov. She seems a little stronger to me. Is that evaluation correct? Should Ayli play the cleric and/or rebel infinite life combos? I've seen a few lists but none of them played it.
>>
>>48522864
I'm runnin Archangel Avacyn right now, and it's turnin out to be really fun. I need more extra combat phase cards, though.
Link if ya wanna look:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flight-of-nightmares-1/
>>
File: thumbs up bitch.gif (1MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up bitch.gif
1MB, 267x200px
>>48524522
>To be perfectly honest, I don't know any combos either, since I'm also really Timmy at heart.
You're my kind of anon, anon.
>>
File: 31799_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
31799_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>48521898
I got a friend in my playgroup that plays pic related. His whole endgame is goin off with Omniscience and Sphinx Bone Wand and gets fussy when everyone scoops when he resolves both.
>>
Man, the "competitive" edh reddit's lists are so boring to look at. $3000 worth of the same cards in every deck.
>>
>>48524403
i havent had the chance to play with it yet, but the play testing has me thinking it needs more draw and mana dorks. to further get meren out and have ways of building up experience quickly

ive heard of deathrite, but its a dud in the early game. deathcap gets me mana when i need it and is a deathtoucher late game
>>
>>48524579
I guess start by looking at cards you'd want in anyway- like Peregrine Drake and Palinchron.

Ghostway + any board wipe can probably let you slam any player for a finisher, and set yourself up for a win.

There's probably a way to get Barren Glory to go off, but that's such an obvious combo piece and you're already setting yourself up for hate, though.

If you're running artifacts, doesn't Helm of... something, and Rest In Peace work to mill a player to death?
>>
File: 114.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>48521707
Flying Tribal
>>
File: 37.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>48523041
>>
>>48523041
That elemental that steals a creature on landfall+Conjurer's Closet
Drogskol Captain to protect him, maybe Rattlechains too.
Mystic Remora and other stuff with cumulative upkeep that otherwise would be too expensive to play are also nice since you reset the counters on blink.
>>
File: 187.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
187.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>48523852
>>
>>48524852
Helm of Obidience
>>
Looking for a foothold. How functional is this deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-thriller/

Any immediate changes you'd make?
>>
>>48524545
Can't say personally if one's stronger than the other but they push towards different approaches. Karlov pushes you towards lots of smaller but frequent life gain effects and isn't as directly tied into a sacrifice theme in the way Ayli is. Having a cheap sac outlet in the command zone is also nice in terms of flexibility and Ayli can hit more things with her ability. That said, Karlov is more likely to get within range of a commander damage win with some evasion.

Clerics are at least thematically appropriate if you add in some cleric tribal parts but I don't know about adding in a rebel that can only act as part of a combo. If you're gunning for consistency then by all means add both.
>>
>>48518805

I enjoy him quite a bit as mine.

Managed to go from an empty board state one turn to swinging in for 192 damage the next.
>>
Which Omnath is generally considered better and/or more flexible?
>>
Is Mystic Confluence really good? I would never run Cryptic two color deck, but this seems really reasonable.

Hell, isn't it just a strictly better Jace's Ingenuity?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/d-o-u-b-l-e-v-i-s-i-o-n/

Jesus I didn't realize how fucked my manabase is
>>
>>48525294
Omnath, Locus of Rage is viable as a commander.
Omnath, Locus of Mana generally is not.
>>
>>48524737

Each card is chosen to be ideal in that deck, and each deck is different
>>
>>48524737
Which is why "competitive EDH" is an abomination.
>>
>>48525342

Why is that, out of curiosity?
>>
>>48525342

That's not true

Locus of mana is perfectly viable, mono green ramp is a good competitive archetype

Locus or rage is cool and all but 7 drop commanders have issues
>>
File: Image.ashx(14).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(14).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>48523852

Extraplanar Lens, >>48525157, and my personal favorite reason, pic related.
>>
>>48525253
yeah i've been playing with him on xmage a bit. he seems pretty fun so far

however a part of me that loves goblins tells me to buy krenko even though he's incredibly linear and simple to play. i wonder how quickly i would really get bored of him (or how quickly my friends would get bored of me)
>>
>>48525371
Monogreen with no in-built protection or trample or even so much as an on-cast effect. LoM needs a board state to work and does nothing to enable that.
>>48525377
There are far, far, far better ramp commanders.
>>
>>48525499
>Needs a board state to work
>No on-cast effect
Dude it costs fucking 3. You play it on turn 3, ramp your face off, and then cast Craterhoof Behemoth.
>>
>>48525527
>You play it on turn 3
And with no protection, he gets hit by an arbitrary amount of removal, and then again at turn 4/5.
>>
File: jhoira.png (677KB, 800x2832px) Image search: [Google]
jhoira.png
677KB, 800x2832px
>guy rite of replicates a worldspire wurm
>decree of annihilation the board before jin-gitaxis gets off suspend
fucking nerd never knew what hit him
>>
>>48525294
Locus of Rage is awesome with Gargadon and Titania.
>>
File: EDH.png (2MB, 1972x1426px) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
2MB, 1972x1426px
>Updating decklists for the first time in almost 4 months
>TappedOut goes on maintinence

Well fuck, I was just finishing Skeleton Ship.
>>
>>48525619

Greater Gargadon to sac spirits to its suspend?
>>
>>48525499

There are better ramp commanders but not by a large margin, the only better commander in mono green I can think of is ezuri, because he supports elves well, all the others are about the same as omnath

Azusa has all the same problems you're complaining about, but she can get a few extra land drops in the turn you play her, but you have to run a very high land count to use her, bit of a wash

>>48525550

It's not great loss if he dies though, you play him just to save unspent mana, if opponents want to waste their removal on him instead of your other cards, that's more than fine
>>
Secret tech flyers for Isperia 1.0?
>>
>>48525662

Elementals but yeah, that's what he meant
>>
>>48525680
Patron of the Orochi is a far cooler ramp commander
>>
>>48521458
Surrak so you can tell thise blue players to fuck off and let you resolve the fatties.
>>
>>48525698

Whoops, meant Elementals. My bad.
>>
In terms of card advantage, is drawing one card the same as your opponent being forced to discard a card at random?
>>
>>48525550
Oh, so we're playing that "this card is bad because I'm only going to examine it in a scenario where it's consistently played into a Magical Christmasland Opponent who has infinite mana, infinite cards in hand, and always has an answer to whatever strategy you have".

If I said something about using a little ramp and leaving up one mana for Avoid Fate, or any other cheap way to protect it early on, obviously they'd have TWO removal spells, or have an Edict and a Leyline of Anticipation.

Just say "It's shitty because I say it is" rather than trying to justify it.
>>
>>48525738
It's infinitely stronger.
>>
>>48525653
I'm a bit salty. I was ready to start building a couple of decks, too.
>>
>>48525747
It's far more likely that any of your opponents are going to have one of myriad "destroy target creature" effects over you having Avoid Fate in your opening hand, you overreacting faggot.
>>
ok, so I've decided I want to make a RUG deck, but I don't want to be generic spin the wheel Wanderer or Riku of the two infinites so I've decided on RUg lands matter/landfall. inclusions include Azusa, Patron of the Moon, Trade Routes, Seismic Assault, and Loam ofc, any suggestions for tech?
>>
>>48525825
Mina and Denn
Boundless Realms
>>
>>48525759
>infinitely
>>
>>48525802
You're intentionally misrepresenting the argument for the purposes of making yourself sound better.

LoM is NOT a smash face commander, he's a toolbox commander that lets you enable all sorts of ramp shenanagains. Think about it this way:
>no rocks or dorks on the field t3, three forests up
>tap them for LoM
>next turn, drop your land, tap your mana, eat a hit if you need to, your commander is also a 5/5
>turn after that, you now have 9 mana available to do all sorts of nasty things, but probably Vorniclex or Tooth and Nail
>>
>>48525738

I would say in 1v1 magic, forcing your opponent to discard 1 at random is more powerful than drawing 1

But in multiplayer, drawing 1 is better, because making one opponent discard does not increase your standing relative to the other opponents, whereas drawing a card increases your standing relative to all of them
>>
>>48526018
And I'm saying nobody fucking lets Locus of Mana survive for two turns because destroying him, exiling him, or even fucking depleting his toughness (he drops as a fucking 1/1) is so easy.
And I'm not saying he's uselessly unplayable, I'm saying he's not excellent. He can do things. He doesn't flounder and die uselessly if he's allowed a few turns to bide his time, but he is also vulnerable (more vulnerable than most) to disruption.
>>
>>48526018
Oh, one more thing, you can use mana stored by him in the same phase he was killed to bring him back. Assuming you have enough mana he's effectively immortal.
>>
>>48525825

>I don't want to make a generic deck
>so I'm making a landfall deck

Hypocrite

just because your deck is gonna be shit doesn't make you more noble than MW or Riku player lol
>>
>>48526072
Oh look, it's magical christmasland again. Your whole argument is centered around everyone wanting to kill the LoM player and that's unrealistic. Yes he is easy to kill if you're dumb about it, no he probably won't get killed if someone has even slightly more of an aggressive board state. That's also assuming you don't have alpha authority, asceticism, the boots, the greaves, or even ranger's guile, while also not hitting a single rock, ramp or dork in the rampiest, dorkiest colour. I think you're just bad and have poor threat assessment.
>>
Man, I just put together a list of a bunch of fire based cards for my casual Chandra deck. It's painful. It hurts looking at it. It's so bad, but I need something for this other LGS that won't destroy them.
>>
>>48524834
For Deathrite to be really effective you need to run the full fetchland suite, so in your case Catacombs, Heath, Foothills, Misty, Mire, Delta, Flats. Card is bonkers though, dork + clock + gravehate all in one.
>>
>>48526469
I had an awesome moment with Skullwinder, where I ate my opp's pick with my Deathrite.
>>
>>48525873
Thanks

>>48526112
I wanted to play Upheaval, Seismic Assault, Trade Routes, Patron and the like in 1 deck, I mean how many times have you died to Unheaval into Seismic Assault? Sounds fun to me
>>
File: Wantlist2.png (17KB, 307x305px) Image search: [Google]
Wantlist2.png
17KB, 307x305px
>>48520975
I'd be willing to send an eternal masters maelstrom wanderer if you have anything in pic related, or any shock/fetchland
>>
>>48521745
Pls respond. ;_;
>>
>>48521745
>>48526761
Things that I think would be good additions:

>Mind Funeral
>Recoil
>Dig Through Time
>Blue Sun's Zenith

Other than that, Looks good to me!
>>
>>48521703
While I have a number of phyrexian cards that generate plenty of mana, more never hurts. What cards are you talking about?
>>
Friend is coming back to the game. Any recent cards you'd consider adding to this deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/friends-alesha-deck/
>>
>>48521588
Can I sacrifice witch engine in response to her ability and still gain the mana? I thought the mana gain and ownership swap both resolved at the same time.
>>
>>48527251
looks great.
Maybe maybe maybe duplicant though the deck looks like it wants to win before duplicant is needed.
>>
>>48527251
Abbot of Keral Keep, Selfless Spirit, Hanweir Garrison, Flip Liliana?

You might also be surprised how useful it is to have some removal utility creatures that can sacrifice themselves so you can bring them back the next turn. Stuff like Keening Apparition, Torch Fiend, Vampire Hexmage, etc.

There are also a few "0" power creatures Alesha can cheat out, like Drakestown Forgotten, Ignition Team, Spitting Hydra or Noosegraf Mob.
>>
>>48526683

Upheaval is banned in edh, you can play sunder though

I'm just saying this deck isn't unique, it's one of the more common themes in edh deck building

I don't like this meme in these threads that good decks all look the same, when none of you fags are capable of making a unique deck anyway, you just refuse to steal from the best and instead steal second rate theme decks
>>
>>48527726

I'll pass that along. Were there any specific replacements you'd make, or were those just general suggestions?
>>
>>48527835
General suggestions. There are plenty of things in there I'd chalk up to taste or playgroup. For example, Boros Charm could maybe come out for Selfless Spirit since Selfless can be recurred, but you lose out on the surprise factor.
>>
>>48526080
To be fair, any smart person is going to be killing him somewhere other than your Main Phase to avoid that.
>>
So I have a GW Trostani Lifegain deck. I was going to do a token subtheme, but I decided to build a Ghave deck, so that's kinda taking away from it.

Should I try to do a "toughness matters" subtheme, or just force non-Saproling tokens? Or some third thing?
>>
>>48523578
>Planar Chaos
>Ice Cave
>Any Flash creature that counters spells directly or indirectly (Plaxmanta)
>Big fucking anything

I view Surrak as a Anti-Control Chaos Stompy deck. He made a friend of mine frown, and he was playing Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir.
>>
File: 1427165662741.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
1427165662741.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
Is it possible to run a Hatebear deck that doesn't use the following as a Commander:
>Karador
>Gaddock Teeg
>Sisay
>Alesha
>Hokori
>>
>>48529282
I've played 8.5 Tails as hatebears/voltron
>>
>>48523852
Scrying Sheets as an engine to draw extra lands(draws other random goodies like Ohran Viper and Coldsteel Heart too)
Extraplanar Lens for super ramp
All the other interactions people listed

To be extra meta, a deck with no focus on snow lands can run a 50/50 split to capitalize on opponents extraplanar lenses.
>>
>>48529304
I actually played 8.5 leaning more towards Voltron. Her abilities turned out to be way too mana intensive.

I was thinking New Thalia. She has that nice mix of small body with a way to slow down lands. Or maybe just use Old Thalia at the helm.

Or New Bruna, but she calls for a more Tribal/Reanimator approach.
>>
>>48529127
If you want toughness to matter, Ghave isn't the Abzan commander for you.
>>
>>48529282
Sure. Run Anafenza, the Foremost. She hates on graveyards herself, and puts you in colors to toolbox a ton of other hatebear cards, and ways to tutor them up from both your library and the graveyard.
>>
>>48529282
Anafenza Foremost is decent, she's a hatebear herself and gives you Yixlid Jailer, Tidehollow Sculler, Bob, and Fleshbag effects as well as reanimation to protect hatebears.
>>
>>48529628
No, Ghave is going to be a Saproling/Fungus deck.

I was wondering if I should put a toughness-matters theme into Trostani.
>>
>>48529832
Ah, yeah. I was a bit confused as to which one you wanted to add the sub theme to. Toughness matters for Trostani seems decent, and there's still a few token generators you can use that aren't expensive, or that Ghave might not care about.
>>
>>48529894
I just like to avoid having too much overlap between my decks so they don't feel too similar. Ghave is pretty much ONLY doing Saprolings, so I could do non-Saproling tokens, but I don't know if I have enough space in the "subtheme" for that to really do me much good? The deck is primarily lifegain-centric.
>>
>>48529906
I'd try to focus on bigger, fatter tokens then. Advent of the Wurm and Armada Wurm. grove of the Guardian, Trostani's Summoner, Grove of the Guardian, Desolation Twin, Devout Invocation. That way you get value off of them entering, since they're fat, and you get different styles of tokens than you'd get with Ghave.
>>
>>48530050
Yeah, that seems doable.
>>
>>48526689
>that feel when you got shit-traded for an urborg when you were super new and don't actually know where your copy of blade of selves is

god damnit
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/salt-mine/
what is everyone's opinion of my deck?
>>
>>48531622
I like it.
Kind of surprised that there isn't any Jokulhaups or Price of Glory though. Or Stasis and Winter Orb for that matter.

Here's mine
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flip-liliana-stax/
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.