[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 45

File: Best General2.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General2.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Namefag As Your Warlord Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>48515768
Will Trump make DE great again?
>>
File: 1462657284809.jpg (8KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1462657284809.jpg
8KB, 220x230px
I CLAIM THIS THREAD FO THE OMNISSAH
>>
>>48515833
No but Hillary will
>>
What army is best able to switch tactics after deployment?
>>
>>48515849
Kill yourself
>>
File: baby-crying.jpg (15KB, 635x414px) Image search: [Google]
baby-crying.jpg
15KB, 635x414px
>>48515855
>>
>>48515779
REEEE. Fucking Kelly. Ages ago I did a quick mathhammer bullshit. If you really want. For like 190 points, you can make a Wolf Lord that does like 10 attacks at S7 AP2 (thou I1) if outnumbered. If you then give him another relic (which doesn't replace a weapon so doesn't fuck it up) will make it S8 AP2 and do 11 attacks on the charge and give his squad +1S too.

It's insane. Also, if I remember correctly, the Terminator Armour Relic that the Space Wolves get does not stop them being able to use it on mounts.
>>
>>48515737
Since i dont know that much what would a basic list with the skyhammer formation look like, sorry i dont know that much about space marines only reall Admech but even there not that much
>>
>>48515850
>What army is best able to switch tactics after deployment?
Ravenwing is crazy fast and aggressive. Everything is a bike or a skimmer.
When I use them everything has scout.
>>
Does anybody play this casually?
I find the competitive scene stale, boring, and full of waacfags (obviously).

What is your favorite analog game that you play competitively?

Mine are X-Wing and Force of Will.
>>
>>48515887
i use chariots often in my army

>>48515876
space wolves are great, this is known
>>
>>48515850 ignore >>48515885, it is the morning and I thought you said swift tactics, lel.
>>
>>48515887
I would say 80% of my games are "casual"
Wheen I want to get my WAAC on their are opponents available that will do the same but most of the time we are just putting models on the table and having a good time.
>>
>>48515887
>Does anybody play this casually?
yes. it might take some time to find likeminded ppl but many exist.
>What is your favorite analog game that you play competitively?
i dont. competitive gaming is a red flag for me. Yes I might miss out some wonderful experiences as I always get told, but whenever I tried my expectations got fullfilled
>>
>>48515876
I'd much prefer the possible 7 attacks at S:10 ap:2 on the charge, backed up by the 229 attacks of the wolfkin formation.

All from one fucking unit. For a mere 851 points.
>>
>>48515876

What really grinds my gears is Wulfen, in particular the frost claws and frost greataxe (?), the one that hits at initiative on the charge.
>>
>>48515978
Stupid formations. Stupid Space Wolves. If only Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Grey Knights could have some nice stuff.
>>
>>48516062
what about no armies have shit like that
>>
Quick question. If I have a psyker level 1. And I choose let's say telekinesis, and roll a 2, do I get the P power and the 2 power?
>>
>>48516082
But formations are fun. The issue is that not everyone has good ones.
Besides, it's not like removing formations does that much to help balance the game. All it does it hurt the good and mid armies. The low teir is still fucked.
>>
>>48516112
Yes.
>>
>>48516137
Cool, so if a level 2 psyker chooses one power from a different power selection he would only get the rolled power or choose to replace it.
>>
>>48515882
Skyhammer is just 2 Assault Squads and 2 Dev Squads. Download the angels of death supplement if you want to know more.
>>
>>48515918
well the answer still pretty much applies, you can only really "switch tactics" after you commit if you have a fast army
>>
>>48516170
He would only get the powers rolled not the primaris powers, but could replace any of the two (including both of them) for the primaris powers.
>>
>>48516112
You would get the 2 power and then you would get the primaris as a bonus due to Psychic focus. Unless you're a chaos psyker and then shit gets weird.
>>
>>48515850
Generally any army can due this if built correctly; effectively the criteria for being able to switch tactics is to be able to move quickly and reliably and to be viable in both the shooting and assaulting phases. I would say that this is the trademark of most good all comers lists and is really what space marines are famous for.
>>
>>48516195
>>48515918
So basically only fast armies can offer tactical versatility?
>>
>>48515850
A summoning army can choose to sit back and summon defensive things or go more offensive and summon more offensive/fast units. But the army is extremely pricy (in $) if you want a lot of choice, on top of that it takes forever to play and time = more $.

A well rounded daemon army or khorne daemonkin army can do the same to a degree without being obnoxious play against.
>>
>>48515887
I would say that most plays see themselves as casual players; however, I would say that only about half of the games I see played locally at my store are truly casual as a number of those "casual" players tend to be netlisters. I tend to bring casual lists as I find them more fun for everyone involved.
>>
>>48516170
Yup. You get Psychic Mastery Focus special rule if you pick all your powers from one table only. This gives you the Primas Power by default.
>>
>>48516245
The wellrounded Daemon army would be slaanesh(or khorne)/tzeentch?
>>
>>48516208
I'm confuse the wording implies that unless you take all your powers from the same choice you wont get the primaris.

If I understand right and my english does not fail me.
Example 1: Level 1 Chooses Telepathy, he rolls a 4, so he gets Shrouding and the Primaris Shriek. Since he choose from only one he got Focus.
Ex 2: Level 2, rolls a 5 in Telekinesis and a 3 on Telepathy. She won't have the primaris since she choose from different tables.
Ex 2: Level 2 rolls 3, 4 on Telepathy so he gets the primaris due to focus.

Or I'm just overthinking GW classical shitting writing.
>>
>>48516261
A mix of everything really.
Slaanesh/Khorne as the hammer, Nurgle as the anvil and Tzeentch as ranged support.
>>
>>48516261
Any or even all of them. But Khorne can only summon if he plays alone (he doesn't want the others finding out he can do it as well) so the other 3 are the ones that can summon in the traditional way.
>>
>>48515855

He's probably right though. DE thrive on treachery on treachery, political intrigue, and destruction. Hillary for Commorragh 40,001.

>>48515850

Space Marines with a bunch of drop pods and transports, probably. I also think Corsairs, Eldar, Ravenwing, etc. are alright at this because they either have infiltrating or outflanking guys or everything is fast as fuck (although in the Eldar cases you are a bit limited by list building before deployment due to everything being specialized, so SM do it better).
>>
Bellow is my "50/50 rw/dw" (2000pts). It is meant for more casual games. No 2+ jink and not nearly as much AP2 as pure RW.
So starting on the field to bring in the Deathwing are three Attack Squadrons. Two for anti armor one for anti horde.

>2 Ravenwing Attack Squadrons (185pts)
2 Ravenwing Attack Bikes
>Multi-Melta
Ravenwing Land Speeder
>Multi-Melta, Multi-Melta

>Ravenwing Attack Squadron (190pts)
3 Man Ravenwing Bike Squad
>2xGravgun, Combi-Grav
Ravenwing Land Speeder
>Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Next is a Ravenwing Strikeforce that I can either start in Reserves and everything outflanks or start the bikers on the field and roll normally for my two fliers. May just do two Dark Talons to save ten points and have more fun.

>Fast Attack (330pts)
Nephilim Jetfighter (170pts)
Ravenwing Dark Talon (160pts)

>Elites (255pts)
Ravenwing Command Squad (255pts)
>5x Black Knight, Ravenwing Apothecary, Ravenwing Champion, Ravenwing Company Banner

>HQ (115pts)
Techmarine (115pts)
Auspex, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Servo Harness, Bike

Last I have a Deathwing Strike Force, with my Ravenwing to deliver them any turn after turn two they can auto pass or fail reserves.

>HQ (170pts)
Interrogator-Chaplain (170pts)
>Terminator Armour, Mace of Redemption, Storm Bolter

>Elites (570pts)
5 Man Deathwing Command Squad (270pts)
>Cyclone Missile Launcher, Deathwing Apothecary, Deathwing Company Banner, 2x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
6 Man Deathwing Terminator Squad (300pts)
>Chainfists, Cyclone Missile Launcher, 3x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Any C/C?
>>
>>48516285
>Example 1: Level 1 Chooses Telepathy, he rolls a 4, so he gets Shrouding and the Primaris Shriek. Since he choose from only one he got Focus.
>Ex 2: Level 2, rolls a 5 in Telekinesis and a 3 on Telepathy. She won't have the primaris since she choose from different tables.
>Ex 2: Level 2 rolls 3, 4 on Telepathy so he gets the primaris due to focus.

Correct. The writing is also clear.
>>
>>48516294
Races for the presidential candidates?
>Trump as ordo xenos or hereticus
>Hillary as DE or CE
>Ben Carson as Necrons
>>
>>48516119
I dont understand how anyone can say 'formations dont hurt balance'.

Riptide Wings, War Convos, OSC, Hunter Contingent, Wraithhost, Skyhammer, Battle Company, Decurion, Librarian Conclave, and probably a few more - all hurt balance due to over the top formation bonuses, or an obscene amount of free stuff.

Did you ever play before formations? Yes it was unbalanced, but both players almost always had a chance (with a handful of exceptions over the years).

I get that you like formations, thats fine you're entitled to your preference. But saying they haven't harmed balance is false.
>>
>>48515978
>900 points
>"mere"

damn 40k is really getting to exorbitant points levels these days
>>
>>48516420
example:
OSC vs. IG Armor/Mechanized: the game is over before it starts due to formation bonuses.
>>
>>48516412

Craftworld Eldar wouldn't have a presidential candidate. Instead they'd have a bunch of guys running lobbying groups trying to subtly manipulate some things.

Tau are Bernie Sanders (collectivist, supposedly utopian, not actually important but successfully influence a major power elsewhere)

Fiorina was SoB (not influential, nobody cares about her, will never get an update)

Kasich was a Harlequin (trying and failing to bring various disparate factions together by finding some common cause. also, a dick who pretends not to be a dick)

Rubio was Orks (always loses)

That said, this topic is sure to bring out butthurt on one side or another so we should probably stop before hopelessly derailing the thread.

also
>Ben Carson as Necrons
kek I didn't get this until right now, but good choice.
>>
So i want too start with chaos, how viable are csm allied with Imps(traitor guards)
I really like the idea of it but im not sure were too start with the army
>>
>>48516535
>csm allied with Imps(traitor guards)

FW has the Renegades and Heretics army

Which is traitor guards with a lot more options. And the bonus of being battle brothers with csm
>>
I remember playing Dawn of War 2, and there was a nid unit in there that could tunnel from one point on the battlefield to another extremely quickly. Is there any sort of analog to this rapid repositioning unit?
>>
>>48516535
Depends
CSM are usually not strong.

What do you mean traitor guard. Using the Imperial guard (Astra militarum) codex, or one of the FW options (Renegades and heretics, vraks) which are in their Imperial Armor Variants.
Using the IG dex would give you advantages as there is faar more support out there and FW does get the weird I-dont-play-against-that-look every now and then, but your ally rules suck (read they do not like each other at all).
renegades and heretics would have the advantage of the book giving you access to quite a few CSM goodies as well (from Sicaran to rapier to reaver titan) but the R&H army list is rather confusing.
I do not know vraks.

Keep in mind that it is possible to use the models with both IG and R&H dex as many are the same models. Leman russ, chimera lasrifle-dudes are in both.

For a start the dark vengeance box is not bad, try to get more of the cultists from ebay, as you can use them either for CSM-cultists or guardmen grunts.

For CSM I recommend a sorcerer as HQ because it is versatile and cheap. Maybe with terminator armor if you want.

For guard/renegades chimerae are good. universally good. Give them multilaser/heavy bolter and a heavy flamer.

Not sure how good, but 1d4chan hs articles on all.
>>
>>48516628
I would probably play with the Imp codex since the people i play with HATE FW like actually hate it with a burning passion which i dont really get but, anyways couldnt i just use the Chaos Cultist boxes with like i think 10 or so inside?
Whats so special about the dark vengance Cultists?
>>
>>48516628
The Vraks list is almost completely identical to the IA13 list, save a few minor differences like no tzeentch/nurgle stuff.

I don't recommend a terminator sorcerer.

>>48516535
I thought like you once, but my CSM army has barely changed in the past few months while the renegades have continually expanded. Renegades are significantly more fun to play as and the vast majority of games I play have been as renegades or renegades with allied token CSM rather than the other way around. The CSM codex is bad and building a list feels more like a hassle than something fun to do. In addition, renegades have a lot of 3rd party options in terms of models because basically any 3rd party imperial guard or 28mm infantry can be used for renegades.
>>
>>48516674

How many of them play Eldar, Tau, and Skyhammer Marines?
>>
>>48516674
The boxes are usually more expensive than ebay because people often buy the DV starter and sell the contents.

If people hate FW, ask them to play as battle brothers or at least allies of convience rather than having two army halves hating each other and needing to roll whether they trust each other.

If you play both, I recommend using the cultists with rifles for guard and the with pistols for CSM to not get confused. Guard dudes have rifles, CSM can have either.
There is a dataslate with some helbrute formations, which I like. And the helbrute just got 4 attacks as per FAQ-Draft.
>>
>>48516692
At this point, anyone hating FW is either jealous they cant afford it, or just straight up irrational and need something to hate. Very few FW units are above average with regards to rules.
>>
>>48516621
It already exists.
>>
>>48516690
>I don't recommend a terminator sorcerer.
Why? You get the armor for budget and can stick him in a cultist squad for additional protection.
>>
>>48516285
This is correct. You only get the Primas Power if you roll all choices on the same table. This includes psykers like Mephiston and Loth.
>>
>>48516749
I think one Anon said in the past people hated FW because it wasn't in the codex. It humors me how people will freak out over one little FW marine.
>>
>>48516812
Yeah its terruble there was a guy once who wanted to play and he had some mkIV space marines from foregworld and they went batshit insane although he said hell just ise the nornal rules
>>
>>48516690
How do you play your renegades(with which rules) and why wouldnt you recomend a sorcerer it would have been my first choice actually(i thought of starting with the start collecting deal for csm
>>
File: image.jpg (936KB, 1200x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
936KB, 1200x792px
>>48516412
>Trump as Ordo Hereticus

Trump is Imperial Fists- the best wall builders in the Galaxy.
>>
Help me understand something about chapter specific formations.

The Sons of Corax detachment says that all units must be drawn from the Raven Guard chapter. So far so good.

How do successor chapters fit into this? Can they use this detachment, or does it have to be the actual Raven Guard chapter?

I am guessing "yes", but it just seems awfully restricting.
>>
>>48516812
>I think one Anon said in the past people hated FW because it wasn't in the codex.
That applies to literally half of the shit we have these days.

Vanilla Space Marines have like 4 different books to draw from, all valid, and none of them are from Forgeworld.
>>
>>48516756
Raveners in tabletop don't seem to be able to do that.

What I'm thinking of would be more like the ability to deepstrike from the table to another point on the table.
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 418x22px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 418x22px
>>48516840
>mk4
Dang. I'd actually need that for muh BA successor chapter's chapter master, but so many people would flip out. Lord Commander Valerius Malentino is just a dude with a sword and a melta gun, he can't do anything like this.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469113077597.jpg (16KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469113077597.jpg
16KB, 540x540px
What are the best 40k novels out there? Any recommendations guys
>>
>>48517066
Oh shit, disregard. Just got to the mawloc entry. That's pretty good.
>>
>>48517066

the mawloc can deepstrike turn two, re enter reserves turn three and deepstrike again turn four
>>
>>48517066
Mawloc
Swooping Hawks
Eldar Jet Bikes (granted they can't teleport, but get 12"+24"? Flat Out)
Anything with GoI
Grey Knight Models with Personal Teleporters
Eldar Cosairs
Couple of new Space Marine powers
Just a few that spring to mind
>>
>>48517133
space marine
fifteen hours
double eagle
redemption corps

all stand-alone novels, so good to pick up and read on a whim
>>
File: DSCF5643.jpg (71KB, 700x563px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5643.jpg
71KB, 700x563px
>>48516758
Terminator armor is expensive compared to running him in power armor and won't really help because his main source of wounds is going to be perils of the warp not enemy gunfire because 20 man blobs of infantry to soak bullets.
>>48516879
I almost always run my army with imperial armor 13's list, but that is because I really like the dark mechanicus and that book has options for it, while Vraks does not.

The way that renegades works is that your leader (the arch-demagouge) can take specific upgrades to tailor the flavor and tacitcs of the army, such as a psyker dude, a guy who makes your infantry respawn, a mechanicus guy, in vraks theres an artillery guy for that list only, ect...

I'd recommend getting a sorcerer, but not one in terminator armor. Either run a crimson slaughter divination sorcerer or a regular CSM telepathy (or maybe biomancy if you're feeling lucky).
>>
>>48517066
Start Collecting Tyranids lets Gargoyles within 12" of their Tyrant DS instead of moving.
>>
>>48517017
Just means they have to use Raven Guard Chapter Tactics, that's all
I can't think of an occasion where GW restricted your play options on account of your paint scheme - nobody is stopping you from running your painted-as-Blood-Angels as vanilla marines instead unless they're an asshole
>>
>>48517238
>Just means they have to use Raven Guard Chapter Tactics, that's all
Ahh, so they mean tactics.

Was kinda hoping I could use Raptor tactics as a successor chapter, I felt they were still Raven Guard.

But alright, I'll just keep them as Raven Guard then. I know at least 1 guy who gets pissed when you start using vastly different CTs from your "fluff" and colours, (like Blood angels as vanilla marines..) but I can't imagine anyone being bothered by me using Raven Guard tactics instead of Raptor tactics.
>>
>>48517133
Imperial Glory is good. Space-British regiment fighting the Space Crimean War just has to complete one last mission before they can retire. Guess what happens.
>>
>>48517169
Can it attack the turn it comes in, or is it limited to just the blast markers?
>>
>>48517188
36" flat out.
And the hawks have to spend a turn off the field, as they enter DS reserve one a movement phase, so they show up the next on.
>>
File: emp trump.jpg (2MB, 1600x1169px) Image search: [Google]
emp trump.jpg
2MB, 1600x1169px
>>48516938
GET ON MY PHOTOSHOP LEVEL PUNK.
>>
>>48517459
>>48516938
As a non USAfag I find this to induce my sides to explode.
>>
>>48517335
Just 1-2 large blasts in the turn it DS
>>
>>48517566
I guess that's still pretty good. How well does the unit work in practice?
>>
Any SoBfags inna thread? I want to discuss how overrated Exorcists are.
Also r8 my wall of text pls.

Sisters of Battle - 1500 points

*Canoness - 135 points
+ Eviscerator
+ Rosarius
+ Mantle of Ophelia

Sororitas Command squad - 185 points
+ Banner of the Order Militant
+ [X4] Condemnor Boltgun
+ Rhino

*Ministorum Priest - 56 points
+ Power Axe
+ Litanies of Faith
+ Bolt pistol

*Ministorum Priest - 41 points
+ Power axe
+ Bolt pistol

*Battle sister Squad - 265 points
+ 20 strong
+ Veteran Superior upgrade
+ Superior has Power axe

Battle sister squad - 70 points
+ Heavy Flamer

Dominion squad - 115 points
+ [X4] Meltagun
+ Combi-plasma
Immolator - 65 points
+ Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
+ Dozer blade

Dominion squad - 115 points
+ [X4] Meltagun
+ Combi-plasma
Immolator - 65 points
+ Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
+ Dozer blade

Exorcist - 125 points

Exorcist - 125 points

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - 73 points
+ Condemnor Boltgun
+ Psyocculum
+ Power armour

*Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 65 points
+ Plasma pistol & Bolt pistol
+ Rad grenades
+ Liber Heresius

Units marked with * are a single unit.
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor joins command squad.
>>
>>48517607
>overrated Exorcists

They're the best unit in a mediocre dex.

Why are you taking Inquisitor Allies just to throw two Inquisitors in? Inquisitors are for their pew pew vehicles and acolyte spam.
>>
File: 1468742344796.gif (481KB, 158x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468742344796.gif
481KB, 158x281px
>>48517607
I see your list, and present you a better one. It even has Inquisitors! Has Table wraith spam, croissant and warrior spam necrons on turn 5. (It was pretty much luck but sounds cool)

+++ Traditional Sisters of Battle (1491pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1365pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (290pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (550pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad (170pts) [8x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (390pts) +

Exorcist (130pts) [Storm Bolter]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (126pts) ++

+ HQ (126pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]
>>
>>48517676
Oh baby.
>>
>>48517607
The thing with sisters is you can't outshoot, you have to specialise.

For example that 20 girls? What is their mission? Hold objectives? if so, the +1 leadership could be sensible, but the axe is pointless. Give the squad some range guns, Heavy Bolter, combi flamer and flamer. If you get assaulted you are fucked, your best chances is to reduce the amount of attacks, hence the flamers.

Same thing with the dominions, if you want heavy flamer get the repressor, that way your girls can shoot while inside their box. If not just give them an Immolator with Multi-Melta. Since unless your opponent is retarded, even if the Piñata gets pop thanks to your dominions melta. He won't put them within the Immolator flamer.

General rule of thumb is to avoid rhinos and use Immolators or Repressors.

Also get a power maul on those priest, more useful with their smash if needed.
>>
So i want to start csm i know there not the best but i like there aesthetics and lore, i wanted too start with the start collecting deal any good ideas on how to expand on that?
>>
>>48517635

People think so but between 2 Exorcists, they'll be firing 7 shots on average, 4/5 hitting, they allow cover saves leaving 2/3 wounds / maybe a pen on an AV12 vehicle.

Xenos inquisitor has rad grenades / psk-out grenades for the large sister/priest unit.
Hereticus inquisitor has a Psyocculum. Leading the command squad, they have 5 BS10 shots that cause Perils on a hit. The banner gives +1 attack each to the large sister unit.

>>48517676

Bretty solid list man. What are the Inquisitors doing?
>>
>>48517935
Do you have ideas as to what god you want to devote to or do you plan on mixing a bunch of stuff?

I mostly play against a Nurgle CSM player and his list is pretty fun.

For a second troop choice you can buy the cheap Chaos Cultists from Dark Vengeance off ebay and you have yourself a CAD.

Two more Helbrutes (cheapish from Dark Vengeance if you don't mind the Kit) would give you enough for some formation I am not familiar with.

My usual nurgle opponent loves his Nurgle Bikers and Obliterators that get +1 toughness (T6 Bikers!) and are pretty decent.

Heldrakes are good in larger point games if you find yourself against blobs or cover saves.

Again the Nurgle guy does ally in some Daemons but it is just an Allied Detachment from units in the Start Collecting Nurgle that do support his army well. The troops are toughish and hold back field objectives and those drones can pack a punch.

A Daemon Prince in either the Allied Cad if you work into it or leading your CSM can make for a point sink that is pretty killy. Again the Nurgle Daemon Prince he has in his Allied CAD is durable as all hell and hits hard. (2+ jink with wings and shroud)
>>
>>48516412
>Carson as 'crons

Requesting OC of this now

>>48517459
As an amerifag this crushes my heart and also explodes my sides
>>
>>48516621
You're thinking of raveners
>>
>>48517951
I added them for fluff reasons and no idea what to fit in 155 points. So they start outside the Immolator (thank GW) then hop inside with the flaming battle harem. If lucky they get Shrouding or Invisibility.
>>
>>48517133
Ultramarines omnibus
The first heretic
Horus rising
>>
>>48515768
How can Tyranids hope to beat 1500 eldar list? Jetbikes and wraithknight and farseers oh my
>>
>>48518181
Attempt to envelop the board, giving them nowhere to run to and achieving objectives. If you can't then you've lost, but that's hardly your fault, a fucking wraithknight in a 1500 point game is ridiculous.
>>
File: raged hard.jpg (32KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
raged hard.jpg
32KB, 600x461px
Does someone here use Battlescribe Mobile? Is it possible to print a roster? I can't find the option.
>>
>>48515887
I play casual 40k, as does 90% of my FLGS' 40k players. We have an unspoken rule that if you want to get games, don't play bullshit that people won't want to play against.

It sucks that we have to act this way because of the state of 40k (grav spam, D spam, superheavies, invisibility, and other bullshit) but a good deal of our locals are playing 30k stuff instead right now... which is oddly more balanced.
>>
File: 1469492061629.jpg (665KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469492061629.jpg
665KB, 1536x2048px
>>48517951
Or also you can go silly, no one expects 6 Penitent engines, at 1000 points. Even better if you have a shit ton of cover, like 40k games should be play. Also you keep them in the box, deploy your troops, then slowly put one at the time. Psychological war, Penitent are shit, but 6 of them will fuck up your opponents proper target priority.

+++ Penitent Pain 1000 (1000pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1000pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (55pts) +

Ministorum Priest (55pts) [Eviscerator, Laspistol]

+ HQ (135pts) +

Canoness (135pts) [Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

+ Troops (330pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (165pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Battle Sister with Meltagun]
··Immolator [Extra Amour, Storm Bolter, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Battle Sister Squad (165pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Battle Sister with Meltagun]
··Immolator [Extra Amour, Storm Bolter, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Boltgun, Combi-Flamer]

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Penitent Engine Squadron (160pts) [Penitent Engine, Penitent Engine]

>>
>>48517951
Not him, but can you take two Inquisitors and only Inquisitors as allies? Aren't they HQ's?
>>
>>48516420
It's not that they don't hurt balance, it's that balance is already fucked without formations. Formations allow many armies to have a chance to compete against something like eldar. Without them balance is still fucked, but now even more armies are screwed.
>>
>>48516412
Why is Carson a Necron? I feel like I'm missing something.
>>
File: list.png (72KB, 676x1668px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
72KB, 676x1668px
Asked in the previous thread:

I'm messing around with a librarius conclave, in order to nominate one of them to use the others do they have to be as strong as him?

Right now I have a master 2 librarian with the shield eternal and a force stave, and then two mastery 1 librarians with just a force sword and bolt pistol.

Pic is what I am working with
>>
>>48518345
It Requires 1 HQ for Inquisitorial allies. A second HQ and up to 3 Elites are optional. With FW you can add a Fast Attack choice in the form of Valkyries
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469815186541.jpg (54KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469815186541.jpg
54KB, 720x720px
Deathwatch?????

From GW facebook
>>
Help me decide:

I want a bike-heavy army, preferably all bikes or close to this.

Would Ravenwing (Dark Angels) or White Scars be better for this kind of army?

I am not familiar enough with the rules, and haven't done anything but glance through a Space Marine and Dark Angel codex to know which is "better" for the job - It seems both armies can reliably take all-bike armies if they want.
>>
Im probably being simple minded here but why dont Necrons just steam roll the galaxy, other than tyranids surely they can best pretty much every other main race.
>>
>>48518417
He's sleepy
>>
>>48518469
Plasma talons own. Not too familiar with white scars, but PLASMA!!!
>>
>>48518461

I guess the rumours a few weeks back had some truth to them.
Plastic sisters when?
>>
>>48518461
It most likely is Deathwatch, but there is a small chance it could be the Black Legion guarding something they only have a vague idea to its true purpose.
>>48518505
Oh. Thanks, Anon.
>>48518536
I don't know but for now it's time for Deathwatch. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B60gnOiHDfw
>>
>>48518455
Neat.

>>48518461
There is, or was, a rumour of a Deathwatch Codex and Levy Thieves Codex too.

>>48518536
That tripfag never came back. I'M SURE HE WAS TOTALLY TELLING THE TRUTH! The actual rumour leakers have said 'no' to SoB.
>>
>>48518461
i don't have the right reaction image for how damn wrong you are

>>48518282
pentitent engines aren't that impressive, av 11/11/10 open topped with 6++ walkers mean they're more fragile then burning chariots and that's saying something. lots of powerfist attacks and double heavy flamer does sound good though

>>48518246
go into a made list, there's an icon near the eye logo
>>
>>48518596
Deathwatch is for all xenos, including Eldar. The Eldar could be referring to the Deathwatch trying to prevent them from doing something on that planet.

But, do you know something >we don't? What is it instead? Tell us.
>>
>>48518437
The Mastery Levels of any Librarians doing the channelling have nothing to do with the actual channeling, beyond the ML of the channeler restricting the number of powers he can try to cast, so an ML2 guy channeling some ML1 guys' powers is aOK

>>48518513
Ravenwing can spam plasma, have better elite bikers, and are better in CC
White Scars can spam grav and have better rank-and-file bikers, so you'll be able to put more bodies/guns on the field
>>
File: Changeling_5th_ed.jpg (88KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Changeling_5th_ed.jpg
88KB, 873x627px
>>48518633
i might, what's it worth to you anon?
>>
>>48518499
Necrons are slow and lazy.
>>
>>48518662
Okay cool, I am new so psychic powers are a bit fuzzy to me.

I had to decide in that list between a librarius conclave or a command squad and dreadnought.
>>
>>48518596
That Penitent List is basically a terror list it is not meant to be anything beside that.
>>
>>48518705
Not him, but you can't just say "you're wrong" and not provide evidence
>>
>>48518705
I don't get how the Eldar, the mention of 'Black Watchmen' and some planet that doesn't seem to be related to anything established could be much different to the assumption it's Eldar doing something and the Deathwatch get involved.

Probably

>Eldar go to get a McGuffin with Harlequins
>Deathwatch arrive to stop them
>Eldar succeed or don't, perhaps allying with Deathwatch or getting them to give in
>Deathwatch be like "oh oK, you can have it then" because it'll show how they over came their orders or some shit

I dunno anon. It fits with the rumours of a Deathwatch Codex. I want a Deathwatch codex. It would be a great idea for GW to do.
>>
>>48518710
Dreadnoughts are pretty weak these days, especially compared to psykers with power from Angels of Death. Does anybody still use SM command squads at all?
>>
>>48518499
Too busy goofing off and preparing to deal with the Nids.
>>
>>48518824
I literally haven't played a game yet, so I am just trying to use what I have.

I have a contemptor for 30k, and no librarians.
If they are better then I will use the list I posted before; but I don't know what to specialize them in when the game starts.
>>
>>48518662
>>48518513
Got 9 of the Dark Vengeance bikes, so I might just stick to Ravenwing instead of converting then.

I just figured that White Scars, being solely about those bikes, would be better at bikes than Dark Angels, who are good at all kinds of different things.
>>
Give me a hot tip about playing your army. If I bought a copy of it and slapped it on a table, what's the number one thing I would need to know?
>>
>>48518911
A noob made this.
>>
>>48518499
Because that wouldn't be entertaining, and it would force the Eldar/Imperium/Tau to team up. As for the Orks it would probably get their bloodlust into overdrive and Thraka unites all Orks. Chaos would still be Chaos, and the Hive Mind would make all Nids leave the Galaxy until the slugfest is over.
>>
>>48518499
1/8th of them are trying to do exactly this.
1/8th of them are trying to vie for power among other nobles, attempting to reclaim the throne of the Silent King
1/8th of them are pursuing their own agendas with no care about other Necrons
1/8th of them are completely insane and have either irregular logic or lack it completely.

1/2 of them aren't even awake yet.
>>
>>48518911
It's the most tactically flexible of all armies. Formations ensure that any strategy is not only viable, but can be sucessful.
Also, grav is the god gun
>>
>>48517857
>if you get assaulted you are fucked
Spoken like someone who's never assaulted a squad of 20 sisters with a priest. That shit will NEVER die
>>
>>48518824
>dreadnoughts
>weak
There not the best thing ever, sure, but if you think they're weak, you clearly aren't playing them right.
>>
>>48518901
Dark Angels aren't really good at other things. Deathwing is awful. Basic green guys are just codex space marines without any real chapter tactics advantage. Lion's Blade is okay I guess, it's nice that nobody can charge you without dying. If you want to play Dark Angels competitively though, you're stuck with Ravenwing.
>>
>>48519002
"Weak" in competitive 40k means "there are better things you can get for the same points." I've never tried playing them because they're walkers, and walkers are weak.
>>
>>48519008
Stubborn and BS4 overwatch is better than a fair few chapter tactics.
>>
>>48519002
He has no idea what he is talking about.

It is the same faggot who keeps saying a unit is "worthless" if it can't outshoot a Stormsurge or a Wraithknight.

Dreadnoughts are great, if your meta isn't full of WAAC assholes, out on a mission to destroy any kind of fun in the game.

Just look at people like this: >>48519008
>Deathwing is awful

It is just people buying into the whole "Terminators are useless" meme. Sure, if your opponent has Plasma and Grav everywhere, but that is far from common, and even then, in a lot of cases, they will soak up ALL the fire in a single turn, because you just landed right in the middle of their army, and destroyed a high priority target with twin-linked plasma and grav cannons, and they don't want to risk another turn of that. Meanwhile, the rest of your army can run lose, grab objectives, and generally do whatever they want.
>>
>>48518981
Unless that Ld 7 fucks you over and your sisters assplode. Been there.

Personally SoB work for me as a tacticool mobile force, 20 girl pile, while wonderful for the priest since he now has a battle harem of his wildest dream

Run the numbers:
+ Troops (860pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (225pts) [6x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Simulacrum Imperialis, Repressor [FW]]

Battle Sister Squad (200pts) [6x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Simulacrum Imperialis]
··Sororitas Rhino [Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter]

Battle Sister Squad (290pts) [16x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Bolter, Battle Sister with Simulacrum Imperialis]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior]

Cheapest and functional of each type. They have their role, but they depend what else is on the army.
>>
>>48519060
>I've never tried playing them because they're walkers, and walkers are weak
Translated:
>I don't actually know what I am talking about, I am just spewing memes
Stop. Just stop. You are spreading misinformation, and trying to force people into using gravcents everywhere, which is the cancer killing the game. Don't do that.
>>
>>48516392
Bump?
>>
>>48518911
just spam termagants, hive fleet detachment lets you reroll your instinctive behavior results and lets you bring 270 bodies for 1080 points, enough room for three flyrants if you feel like being a cunt too
>>
>>48519008
>without any real chapter tactics advantage
Have you seen what their many special rules actually does?

Deathwing have Fearless, the basic guy have Stubborn and BS2 overwatch. That's already pretty good.

Ravenwing can straight up reroll jink saves, which is ABSURDLY good.

Their armoury is miles better than White Scars.

Interromancy is also ridiculously good, and can seriously fuck over a lot of armies, and the powers are ludicrously cheap. Land Mind Worm followed by Trephination, and you can pretty much instantly kill anything.

Meanwhile, we also have access to almost army wide Adamantium Will through cheap wargear, and with access to Librarius Conclave, you can almost be sure to have these powers and cast them (Warp charge 1 and 2, respectively)

Mind Wipe and Aversion are also super good at dealing with deathstars.
>>
File: 1420738431727.jpg (85KB, 525x719px) Image search: [Google]
1420738431727.jpg
85KB, 525x719px
As an ork player, I don't give a fuck about plastic sisters, only if they get some tanks for me to loot.

Gimme that flier them Deathwatch boys are getting too.

Then zog off.
>>
>>48518781
>deathwatch overcoming orders

Isn't that heretical?
>>
>>48519418
Looks like heresy to me.
>>
>>48518576
When I first read that I thought black watchmen are the black guardians but they would not resist Mr. Uthran.

It could be something Tzeentch, we do not yet know. There were rumors of Tzeentch stuff inbound.

But its probably Deathwatch
>>
>>48519418
It's happened before. At least, questionable shit has happened.
>>
>>48519184
So do you think the contemptor and command squad I was talking about are better than the conclave?

I have one squad of graviton centurions, is that few enough to not be considered a dick?
>>
Are genestealer cults legal in standard tournaments?
>>
>>48518824
What about Librarian Dreads with the powers from AoD?
>>
>>48519692
They have 40k rules, why wouldnt they be?
>>
>>48519760
Basically a lot of people here seem to have a hateboner against FW and other supplements, so I was worried as part of a boardgame they might be banned.
>>
>nids are attracted to psychic beacons
>nids adapt new life forms with good physical forms into the swarm
>nids are perfectly adapted to kill pyskers, and interfere with their ability to use the warp

What if Nids are just a biological mass effect reaper, that preserves genetic history of species, but eliminates them before their galaxy can drag down the universe by using psykers and creating chaos gods?
>>
>>48519894
What if the Nids are gearing up to fight an unknown enemy that threatens the universe, and they can only do so by taking cool genetic powers from other races, Metroid style?

They're trying to eat the Emperor so they can achieve final form.
>>
>>48519949
If the nids eat the emperor, will we get imperial guardsmen riding Warrior broods as cavalry against the forces of Chaos?
>>
>>48519949
would they even get biomass from the emperor? he's not much more then skin and bones
>>
>>48519986
>skin
thats biomass anon
>>
File: Seth.png (664KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Seth.png
664KB, 1024x1024px
>>48519949
I remember, I was talking to some guys about what crazy super-saiyan character each faction would get if 40k end-times happened like it did in fantasy.

Tyranids somehow get some of the emperors genetic material and create The Fake Emperor Tyrant.
>>
>>48519613
>better than the conclave
Probably not, because the conclave is cheesy as hell.

But they are certainly viable, and you shouldn't really feel bad about picking them. They can work pretty damn well, assuming your opponent isn't bringing the cheesiest shit he can find in his codex.
>>
>I was asked as a neutral party to set up some scenery by two guys about to play at my FLGS
>it was Necrons vs Marines
>I'd like you not to take Destroyers or Wraiths
That's fine as long as you don't take Drop Pods or Grav weapons
>That's hardly the same thing
It's exactly the same thing
>How is it the same thing
You don't get to pick and choose what I include from my codex unless I do the same for you
>back
forth
>back
forth
>mfw
>>
>>48519002
>who uses command squads these days?

Anybody that wants a Smashfucker, faggot
Plus for 20 points extra you get a highly customizable fucking Death Star. Also Dreadnougnts are kickass, you Mong
>>
>>48518596
I can only see the share button, the copy button and the menu button near the eye logo, there's no print option for me.
>>
>>48519613
Better is a relative term.

If you can utilize the Command Squad and Dreadnought better and are more all around comfortable with it, they're clearly the better option.

However, in competitive terms the Conclave is generally better, but whatever you prefer is the winner.
>>
>>48520413
the share button has an option to send it various ways. might have to email to yourself then print it unless you got bluetooth on your printer
>>
>>48520067
Just bought the conclave at my LGS.... no food for me this week lol.

They are pretty though
>>
>>48519792
They got official rules in White Dwarf and (apparently) will be getting a Codex this year. The reason for this is because GW wanted to give Nid players an Ally faction which didn't throw canon out the window.
>>
>>48518408
Overall balance was definitely better when it was just CAD for everyone.
>>
>>48520837
Well some factions don't even have formations outside of apocalypses.
>>
>>48520865
None that matter.
>>
What's the best strategy for Sisters of Battle? I've always found that they do a great job of steamrolling and attacking right off the bat, but from what I've seen you HAVE to keep pushing from the get-go or you're fukt.

Also, my buddy likes Dark Eldar, so what's a good strategy for them?
>>
>>48520837
i dont mind formations per se, but it is the massive dose of extra rules that make them shitty.

Without them it would be just some different 'tax' units (and be honest there are often fillers like 2x5 firewarriors to get as many of the good stuff as possible in CAD too)
>>
File: sob35.jpg (299KB, 891x1082px) Image search: [Google]
sob35.jpg
299KB, 891x1082px
>>48520878
>it's an anon starts bullying me again episode

R-rude....
>>
>>48520909
Rate my ultra friendly casual list for fun games at 1,000 m8!

HQ: Fireblade (60)
Troop: x5 Fire Warriors (45)
Troop: x5 Fire Warriors (45)
[Heavy Retribution Cadre]
x1 Ghostkeel (130)
x1 Stormsurge (360)
x1 Stormsurge (360)

Total: 1000
>>
>>48520889
>my buddy likes Dark Eldar, so what's a good strategy for them?

Venoms everywhere, spread your warriors out, maybe one boat of warriors. Get an HQ in a Venom with something. A Distraction Talos is eh but people like it also Scourges with Haywire 4/5 per unit.
>>
>>48520889
sob against dark eldar?
Usually the best thing to do is stay in the tanks as much de stuff (splintercannons....) does nothing to a vehicle, leaving them to get in melee or use their darklances against cheap vehicles.
>>
>>48520936
is it really worse then triple riptide?
>>
How did you decide on your first army?
>>
>>48520983
The additional rules from HRC aren't too bad. Re-rolls to hit for shooting if the target is within 12" of the Ghostkeel. If at least two of the models shoot at a target, stops them running or moving flat out, plus halves their charge distance.

Not brilliant, but not too bad. Garg Creatures are better than MC's thou. Even JPMC's.
>>
Wondering if it's possible to mix and match the turrets and the turret platforms off of puppetswar? ie, the mk II turrets on the chimera looking hull and such.

Needing this for chaos rapiers...
>>
Should I stay mono nurgle and add in an allied Nurgle CSM detachment?

I have a Daemon Prince, 2 Heralds of Nurgle, six Plague Drones, six Nurglings and twenty Plaguebearers of Nurgle.

I am not all that interested in any gods besides Nurgle and Khorne so I can either go all in ith Nurgle CSM or pick up the Khorne Start Collecting.
>>
>>48521035
>How did you decide on your first army?
The first army I got? Hardly anytime. I found a single unit I liked without knowing anything at all about the hobbit, got the advice how to build around it, built and made a full 1250 list and hated playing it. It was awful and I had no fun.

First army I liked? The entire time I was seething about my first pile of shit of an army I learned much more about the game and found a much better place to play and then had some time off work and money saved up and bought into an army I liked much more. It took me a good 6-8 months of playing my first army to start building my main one now.
>>
>Watch a 3000 point game with Necrons against Necrons
>Pretty boring, everything is just a pillow fight
>Suddenly, reserves
>In comes a Deathmark!
>But before it shoots, the enemy counter deep strikes another unit of deathmarks!
>But that wasn't all! Another squad of deathmarks comes in to counter the counter to the deathmarks!

This was the most stupid shit I've ever seen in a wh40k game, holy shit.
>>
>>48521035
When I was young I thought robotic space skeletons were cool and now I have got back into it after all these years I still think they are.
>>
>>48520778
>Battle Brothers if you follow WD
>AoC if the FAQ doesn't get changed
rip
>>
>>48521035
i watched alien when i was 4
>>
>>48521360
Wait, they're technically allies of convenience with the nids according to FAQ?

What the hell. Who thought that was a good idea?
>>
File: 1381294569053.jpg (31KB, 472x443px) Image search: [Google]
1381294569053.jpg
31KB, 472x443px
>>48521157
>>
>>48521157
And people wonder why Tzeentch is only annoyed by the backstabbing of necrons.....
>>
>>48521035
I liked the MKVI helmets, preds and the fuckall attitude of some renegade Marines. Also I searched for an army with a lot of conversion potential and kitbashing so no two models looks the same. So CSM it was.

Would not choose again. GW haet chaos spess muhreens
>>
When playing chaos can i just give my people dofferent chaos gods for example most of my army would be nurgle but i want Noise marines so i have a squad or two of them?
>>
>>48521477
yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
2000 points of Nurgle Daemonic Incursion ready to go.
>>
>>48521477
the only limitation is that characters with a mark may not join a unit with a different one. (Abbadon can join any as he all the marks)

So if you have a nurgle sorceror he can never join the noisemarines
>>
>>48521526
Unmarked Sorcerers are the best option for CSM.
>>
>>48521526
Ok thanks
>>48521489
>>
>>48521567
Why?
>>
>>48521567
yes they are usually better then marked sorcerers, but as they can join a squad with marks like noisemarines, make for a rather bad example
>>
>>48521601
a) marks cost points, while providing only some benefits you might not need them.
b) marks force you to take the god-spells (mostly worse then telepathy which will want)
c) if you have more then one mastery level you need to split between the gods-spells and some others. This way you never get the primaris 'for free' as that requires all spells from the same list
>>
>>48521601
They get 4 powers from a chosen discipline instead of 2 from their gods discipline and 2 from other disciplines.

They can join any unit.

Spell familiar is baller.
>>
>>48521522
What's your list? I've been working on a nurgle DI too, but the formations are so fucking expensive.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 189x189px
Just beat the chaos out of 2000 pts. of Daemons with SkitMech, was a pretty good game.

How was your day?
>>
>>48515887
My group has two settings.

Casual "just-for-fun" games that are played most of the time and "No holding back" games that are only played if one guy comes.

For the fun games I have my mix of blob guard and artillery, while for the tryhard day I have a War Convocation.
>>
So i get 50% off at my lgs but can only get stuff for 70 bucks(my budget)
Soo currently i got this
Start collecting CSM 32,50€
Forgefiend 26,50€
Green Stuff 4€ for conversions of shit
Cultists 4€
I am at 67€ anything you would remove or add? First time CSM
>>
>>48521895
>50% off
Fuck. You.
t. Boston
>>
>>48521906
Love you too mate got 50% off from a friend (hes the owner)
>>
>orks can now take any vehicle unit in the game as an option in their codex as a looted vehicle
>looted vehicles have the same stats as their normal vehicles, but -1 to armor value.
>at the start of a game, you roll on an orky bonus chart to grant a bonus to all ork looted vehicles.

Are orks fixed?
>>
File: Tomb_blade_teslacarbine.jpg (39KB, 384x390px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_blade_teslacarbine.jpg
39KB, 384x390px
So I am been reading Necron lore.

There is a bit about a Necron weapon that puts its victims out of phase with universe by one second. What exactly happens to the victim of the weapon? What kind of experience is he undergoing?
>>
What would be the closest thing to a IIIrd legion army in 40k?

I figured noise marines and CSM, what else do you think?
>>
>>48521946
Probably feels slightly strange up until he dies by dodging or blocking too late.
>>
>>48521946
Event A happens.
1 second passes.
Sensation A happens.
Reaction A happens
1 second passes
the Sensation of Action A happens.

So basically, everything they do seems a second slower.
>>
>>48521946

Just like playing a FPS online and suddenly you get a bit of lag or your server ping tops out.

this >>48521986
>>
>>48521931
>Giving Orks an inferior version of what everyone else uses
So in other words, make them like chaos space marines?
>>
>>48521567
Actually, if you're running Slaanesh heavy on Noise Marines, the Slaanesh Discipline is pretty useful, especially Ecstatic Seizures and the one that increases the strength of all Sonic Weapons by +1 (and it's cumulative).

Otherwise, unmarked is generally better.
>>
>>48521663
>This way you never get the primaris 'for free' as that requires all spells from the same list

You get the Primaris for your god-specific discipline, as per old Errata by GW. You can generate a total of 4 powers - Primaris and 1 power from their god, 2 from another discipline.
>>
File: 1431967859-madmax-guitar.gif (1MB, 449x230px) Image search: [Google]
1431967859-madmax-guitar.gif
1MB, 449x230px
>>48522060

>inferior
>with glorious banners
>flamethrowers
>guns on guns

witness me
>>
Anyway to make noise marines wothout buying the expensive GW upgradesets?
>>
>>48521946
Necrons do like their fuckery. Like that one guy who stuck an entire SM company in a time loop just to see how well they do.
>>
Posted in last thread:

>My local GW plays 1500, and I want to bring my Talos.
>This would be:
>Corpsethief Claw - 5x Talos, 5x Ichor Injector, 5x TL Splinter Cannon
>Dark Artisan - Talos, Ichor Injector, TL Splinter Cannon; Cronos, Spirit Probe; Haemonculus, Flesh Gauntlet
>So that 7 T7 MC's with 4+fnp, rerolling 1s.
>Leaves me with 515 points to spare.

>My first thought is Farseers on bikes and scatbikes but I don't want to be a grade A cunt.

>What should I take for my last 515 points?

Today I went to my local GW, and talked to the guy there. Instead of telling me to tone it down, he told me to make it more WAAC effectively; suggesting a seer council:
Formation: Corpsethief Claw (650pts)
Talos [Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]

Formation: Dark Artisan (335pts)
Cronos [Spirit Probe]
Haemonculus [Close combat weapon, Flesh Gauntlet, Splinter Pistol]

Seer Council (515pts)
Skyrunner Farseer [Shuriken Pistol, Singing spear, Skyrunner, The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan (Remnant of Glory)]
Skyrunner Farseer [Shuriken Pistol, Singing spear, Skyrunner]
Skyrunner Warlock Conclave
Skyrunner Warlock [Singing spear]
Skyrunner Warlock [Singing spear]
Skyrunner Warlock [Witchblade]

Total: 1500.
Am I being an asshole?
>>
>>48521704

GUO ML 3
2 Heralds both ML 2

20 Nurgling
40 Plaguebearers

3 Beasts
12 Plague Drone
>>
File: AC-130.jpg (329KB, 1909x1209px) Image search: [Google]
AC-130.jpg
329KB, 1909x1209px
Would scratchbuilding a Stormraven to have all the guns on one side be modelling for advantage?

I wanna build a 40K AC-130.
>>
File: dark_eldar.jpg (391KB, 900x833px) Image search: [Google]
dark_eldar.jpg
391KB, 900x833px
>>48522147
>That's so 'dark eldar list with one dark eldar'
>>
>>48521931
>give them good shit
>reduce it by 1AV to '''(((balance)))''' it
>then give them bonuses ANYWAY

'no'
>>
>>48521393
the real question is why was it even a fucking question, the WD that HAD the genestealer cult rules said that they were battle brothers
>>
>>48522254
How has it been playing out for you? What sorts of tactics do you do?
>>
>>48522382
No, not bonuses, Orky bonuses.
>>
>>48521931
-1 AV, BS2 and can purchase upgrades from the ork vehicle list.
>>
>>48522147
Is this the kind of shit people really do?

All you're missing is a wraithknight or two m8.
>>
What's the least cancerous/funnest Space Marine detachment from either codex/angels of death?
>>
>>48522672
desu I want to tone it down but 3 people I've talked to have all told me to amp it up. I've been asking for nice ways to play with my spare 515 points that'll actually be fun and nobody here has suggested anything
>>
>>48521931
-1 AV, BS2 and +25 points.

That way it fits in with their internal balance.
>>
>>48522723
>no lolrandum table that must be rolled on each turn

1- Vehicle immediately explodes
2- Vehicle suffers crew stunned result (with HP loss)
3- Vehicle immediately moves it max distance and flats out that turn, explodes if it goes into another unit/impassable terrain
4- Nothing Happens
5- Vehicle gains the fast type for this turn
6- Vehicle immediately becomes immobilized but can fire all its weapons twice.

>fixed
>>
>>48522446
At 2000 points Ive beaten a Tau FSE list twice, and a Warconvo so far. Playing vs Eldar Sunday.

Infiltrate the Nurglings each time, get turn 2 charges off and soak fire. Plaguebearers have been the least effective in all 3 games. I give one squad a banner and FnP bubble from Herald.

The Beasts are kinda useless. Turn 3 charge most likely, prob wont kill anything. Plague Drones are the best unit on the field, they all get rot priboscis or venom sting, and a banner.

GUO rolls Biomancy and no scatter deep strikes with a Herald and a squad of Plaguebearers. I use an instrument to help ensure the GUO comes in turn 2.
>>
File: us.jpg (73KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
us.jpg
73KB, 500x405px
>>48519327
>lets you reroll your instinctive behavior results
>>
>>48522128
Or you could generate 3 powers from a discipline you actually want and get that primaris instead of the garbage in the CSM codex
>>
>>48522840
Have you considered dumping the rot swarm, taking a daemon flock instead?

Then a CAD of plague drones.
>>
>>48522856
I think you can only take 3 Fast Attack choices in a CAD, in a Rotswarm I can take up to 7 units of Plague Drones. Plus the formation bonus is huge if you can get it on a unit of Plague Drones with venom sting.
>>
Sisters player with a new LGS here.

I just took inventory of my Sisters, and its a lot less than I thought, at least in the special weapons department.

Melta 6
Flamer 4
Heavy flamer 2
Heavy bolter 4
Bolter 36
PP and Sword 2
Sera w/ Hand Flamer 4
Sera w/ Pistols 8
PP and Sword
Simulacrum
Jump Canoness (rip)
Canoness
Celestine
Immolator 3
Exorcist 2
Rhino 2

I guess I need to get another pair of meltas at the very least for another squad of Dominions. Both of the Rhinos are from the Immolator kit, but I think those were from ebay.

I want to drop around $40-60 at the shop. What should I grab?
>>
>>48522926
True, but like you said, the beasts are useless. You could drop them, and drop to 3 units of plague drones with more models in them. You'd save on upgrades that way too, and possibly get to use more troop choices.

I'm just theory crafting for my benefit though, I'd assume you have reasons you haven't done it like this.
>>
>>48522434
fuck these guys in particular i guess
>>
can anyone explain why 8 rubric marines are 60 dollarydoos
>>
I can't fucking find a color scheme I like for a space marine chapter.
>>
>>48523323
Because fuck you?
>>
>>48523343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veLfxJmIzyw
>>
>>48522848
when you play a swarmy army with almost no synapse its nice to get rage on your hormagaunts instead of them eating themselves
>>
>>48523343
Purple and yellow.
>>
I'm looking for the cheapest possible SM Dreadnought with a multi melta.

I thought I would find a black reach one easily on Ebay but I found only 2 and they look pretty damaged and aren't that cheap to begin with.

Where do you guys buy your old minis ?
>>
>>48523418
>Where do you guys buy your old minis ?
Ebay is your best bet for used and old minis.
The only other cheap alternatives besides browsing swap sites are recasts (good luck) and shops that sell at a ~15% discount from GW prices.
>>
File: file.png (375KB, 750x253px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
375KB, 750x253px
>>48523263
>somebody had a hard time understanding what this means
>>
>>48523458
Damn, I thought it would be easier than that. The BR dread kit wasn't that popular, I thought I could find one for cheap but apparently not.

Oh well, I'll keep looking, maybe someone will sell one eventually.
>>
>>48523376
>>48523392
I mean one that is not being used for any canon chapter. I want to give them my own fluff to connect them to my Scions Regiment.
>>
>>48522309
yes
>>
>>48519182
That's why you take celestine for her 12" bubble of LD 10, and even if you don't make war hymns it's still a unit of 20 3+/6++ models with zealot
>>
>>48523524
I just gave you a combination of colours. How those colours are put onto the marine is your choice.
>>
File: WIPRW6.png (1MB, 1116x793px) Image search: [Google]
WIPRW6.png
1MB, 1116x793px
>>48523392
>Purple and yellow.
Das ma shit, mang.

>>48523524
>mean one that is not being used for any canon chapter.
Good luck there are hundreds of canon color schemes.

I made a DA Succesor chapter and used a scheme none of there successors had.

>inb4 muh shit camera
I know.
>>
File: gw doing the faqs.jpg (106KB, 525x1216px) Image search: [Google]
gw doing the faqs.jpg
106KB, 525x1216px
>>48523481
sometimes gw isn't very smart, look at some of these inane questions recently asked in the faqs.
>>
>>48521035
My FLGS was starting a kill team league and a box of tactical marines was only $40
>>
>>48521035
Found out about the Imperial Guard and got a box of minis from a friend.
>>
>>48523639
Superb my man. Absolutely superb.
>>
>>48519182

>Unless that Ld 7 fucks you over
>What are Litanies of Faith?
>>
>>48523639
Purple Ravenwing Anon, can you tell me your chapter's fluff again?
>>
>>48523773
i once smashed a war conclave with a few priests because he couldn't get his war hyms off, the next turn when he was complaining about not getting off his ld7 i was making my ld checks for my lesser daemons easily
>>
So is there ever a reason to use Raveners instead of Shrikes? Deep-striking them is a waste as they have always blown their leadership check, so I'm thinking of gluing some wings on them and calling them shrikes. They've just got rending claws, though.
>>
>>48523652
Honestly it just feels like false flagging from people who weren't interested in letting nids get anything nice, since as AoC nids lose their month of telepathy access and shadow in the warp effects genecult psykers
Or maybe I'm projecting and gw is fucking retarded and can't read their own rules
>>
>>48524006
You're not the only one, Anon. I think that some of the stupid questions are the result of false flagging.
>>
File: AoV Fluff.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
AoV Fluff.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48523703
People either love em or hate em

>>48523925
fluff is still a big WiP and I write more down than I type.
>>
File: fucking stupid.jpg (69KB, 1000x462px) Image search: [Google]
fucking stupid.jpg
69KB, 1000x462px
>>48523652
To me, it seems like the players are the dumb fucks. No wonder WHFB was considered 'too complex' for new players.
>>
>>48523773
Id like to see a 1500 list around priest and blob of sisters. Since I can't figure out one that would work
>>
>>48524076
I need something to motivate me to get my DA successor chapter's fluff written. Thanks.
>>
>>48524006
>shadow in the warp effects genecult psykers

w-w-what? Why?

I don't really blame someone for asking, if it wasn't specified in the books. But the answer is so obvious from a lore perspective, why would GW rule this way.
>>
>>48524131
Good luck.

I still need to get rid of my Necrons since I can not get into them and their fluff.
>>
>>48521035
>at hobby craft buying clay so I could make pottery for a history lesson
>what's this a Warhammer section
>mfw no warhammers only boxes
>but these tau things look cool
>buy battle force next day after finding out my brothers played it before I was born
>to this day am sincere tau fag with kroot bubble wrap and infiltrating stealth suits whislt Fire warriors fire from base but xv15s with flamers for the hordes
>>
>>48524076
>Being this special of a Snow Flake.
>>
>>48524088
I swear all the "Can I take this unit that clearly isn't in the codex I want it to be in and no mention has been made that it should be the case" questions are made by the absolute lowest common denominator brand of idiot. And of course GW answers all their questions because they need those fucking idiots to buy more stuff.
>>
>>48524195
Eh, I really liked Dark Angel and specifically Ravenwing's fluff but not their color scheme.

I am not the best painted but I have done well enough to show my successors uniquness and some people in my playgroup like to role play as their warlord or have a back story to their army.

When someone is truly interested in their story it feels bretty gud man.
>>
>>48524171
How's that going for you?
>>
>>48524221
My point is, these people are retarded. You have to assume everybody is retarded.

Also, the claim by /tg/ at the time was that GW needed an excuse to publish an '''(((FAQ)))''' for TS.
>>
>>48524242
Horribly. Had one anon interested but communications fell through.
I think the problem is the army is too big and anyone with an established Necron Army probably doesn't want it.
But those without one don't want to invest as much as I want.

All I want is B@C and 6 Razorbacks for $800+ ~2500+ points of Crons.

They are just so dry to me. Their fluff is meh and they arent that fun for me to paint either. I would much rather further my main army and work towards a Lions Blade Strike Force .
>>
>>48524286
Why did you get that many Crons?
>>
>>48521035
I looked at the Imperial Guard, decided they looked pretty fun to play as, and that was that. Now I just want to play a more surgical army, like Scions, Skitarii, or Elysians.
>>
>>48524221
>>48524263
At least we got two golden questions. That one where someone asked if GW if they regretted doing this, and the one that gave us Tau Butthurt answer.
>>
Dumb question time.

Can you take formations on their own? or can you only take formations in a larger detachment like the Daemonic Incursion?
>>
>>48524383
Wait what? What do you mean with the GW regretting doing this question?
>>
>>48524118
That's what I run. Generally 3 blobs of 20 sisters with priests, one of which has jacobus. Season to taste with immolators full of dominions and 6 assassin/4 crusader/priest battle conclaves. All my standard squad superiors have veteran/power axe and I generally stick either flamers or meltaguns in the squads of 20. Sometimes I think I'm the only sisters player who doesn't use exorcists
>>
>>48524405
You can take them on their own.
>>
>>48524088
This is especially humorous given that recent blog post about just taking whatever you want and fuck the haters.
>>
>>48524410
One of the questions was did GW regret doing the FAQ.
>>
>>48524405
Okay, I don't have the chart, so I'm going to type it out for you:

For an army to be considered battleforged you can take any amount of the one or more following:

Combined arms detachment
Allied detachment
Formations (you can take only these if you choose)
Faction specific detachments, such as Demonic incursion
>>
>>48524433
True, but this is for tournament stuff.
>>
>>48524433
The recent blog post was talking about unbound, though, wasn't it.
>>
>>48524443
For which faction? Did they actually publish it as part of the faq?
>>
>>48524323
Traded my first army for them >>48521123
then rounded them off to see if they were worth playing.

After wargear it could probably easily field 3000+ points if there was ever reason to field two monoliths.
>>
>>48524466
No.
>>48524457
Tournaments for 40k are a joke. They should be treated more like 40k mixers than like any sort of actual competition .
>>
File: 1460403713772.jpg (41KB, 595x444px) Image search: [Google]
1460403713772.jpg
41KB, 595x444px
>>48524286
>$
Damn it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160729-192823.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160729-192823.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Would you buy this?
>>
>>48524140
AoC are treated as enemies for all rules purposes, which lets nids special rules effect genecults because fuck nids

>>48523964
The only reason to take raveners instead off shrikes is as a tax for that formation that basically gives a trygon prime chameleonic skin
>>
File: blogger-image--974334990.jpg (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image--974334990.jpg
96KB, 480x480px
I'm really glad that Eldar and Space Marines are finally getting some new stuff. It's been a while, and I feel like this could be just the thing to breath some new life into 40k.
>>
>>48524756
>Checkered pattern in the back
IT'S HARLEQUINS TIME BOIS
>>
>>48522583
Like a 1/3 chance to get fired up and kill my own dudes?
>>
>>48524802
Know you're getting it!
>>
>>48518911

Big tough robots supported by bigger and tougher robots. Lots of anti tank. Also, lead by the most glorious one man deathstar known to xenos, demons, and mankind. Scoria himself.
>>
>>48522718
Just get some Harlequins. If you want fun, they serve the laughing God!

Other than that, some Howling Banshees would be cool or Fire Dragons if you want to amp it up a notch. Dire Avengers are always a good choice, but never really a great one. Wraithblades/Guard are neat, or some of the flying guys. Really any of the Eldar specialists would be pretty cool to add in, just decide what you want them to do.

Or just some Mandrakes/Wyches/Incubi for a real good time. They'll die, but it'll be a good time.
>>
>>48524427
Curently building an SoB army of sisters in transports. No exorcists. Just get right in the enemy's face in large numbers and start pulling triggers. Also building a living saint, but that's just to have a project. Not sure how to use her. Probably just sneak around behind terrain and transports and strike at weak units or counter assault or something.
>>
>>48524715
If AoC are treated as enemies for all rules purposes, can I attack them with soulblaze/warpflame powers to give them +2 FNP?
>>
>>48524701
For 16$? Yeah, I'll just strip it and start over.
>>
>>48524934
Units from the same army that are Allies of Convenience treat each other as ‘enemy units’
that cannot be charged, shot, attacked in close combat, or targeted with psychic powers.
>>
>>48524756
They've already posted this in the thread. We know it's most likely going to be Deathwatch Codex.

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>48524934
I'd allow it. That sounds Chaos as fuck.
>>
>>48524715
What is the lore purpose of Genestealers being allies of convenience with Nids?
>>
>>48524934
You can't directly target AoCs with fucking anything, from shooting attacks to charges to psychic powers, but special rules that indirectly target enemies target AoCs
>>
>>48525020
That the Nids only use them as a beacon to invade and they all end up getting nom'd anyway.
>>
>>48525020
Unless they changed the fluff there is no purpose, the cultists fight for the hive mind with the same vigor a guardsmen would fight for the emps, and when a planet is taken they willingly walk into reclamation pools, it's basically a "fuck you" to nid players
>>
>>48525021
The rules for placing templates says you can't if a friendly model is under it but what if you happen to clip a AoC as it's treated as an enemy?
>>
>>48525078
Karamazov says Hi.
>>
>>48524088

To be fair the main reason that question was asked was because on the GW webstore when you clicked on HQ choices for Militarum Tempestus Yarrick was lo-and-behold listed due to unsurprising incompetence.
It's since been rectified and very obviously not intended to begin with but why there was confusion can be slightly understood.
>>
>>48524427
>sometimes I think I'm the only sisters player who doesn't use the only unit in the Codex the fires 48", which also happens to be S8 Ap1 with multiple shots

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>48521035

I think Terminator is one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, and Arnie one liners never get old.

So, Necrons were the obvious choice for me. They also looked fairly simple to paint. Which was great, since I had no idea what I was doing.
>>
>>48525078
The same thing that happens to Battle Brothers, they get hit
>>
>>48525078
placing a template over a model is targeting the model, ergo you can't purposefully place a template over AoC
>>
>>48525039
>>48525074
So which source controls? The WD or the FAQ?
>>
>>48525120
Yet one of the easiest fucking things in the game is, you use what's in the codex. Yarrick isn't in TS.

>>48525235
The latest one. Whatever the most recent one is.
>>
>>48525008
What makes you think that I'm shitposting? It has been quite a while since Eldar got anything, and Angels of Death only gave a couple measly disciplines to most Space Marine players. Plus CSM got two books at the same time! GW showing such clear favoritism for one faction over another surely can't be good for the game's health.
>>
>>48525243
>Yet one of the easiest fucking things in the game is, you use what's in the codex. Yarrick isn't in TS.
Oh yeah no arguments there I'm just trying point out why that question might have been asked to begin with.

>>48525235
I'd say the WD.
The FAQs answered a lot of questions but are still "technically" an unofficial first draft at the moment so it's hard to say what exactly will stick in the upcoming months.
So at the moment the "official" rules are still the WD.
>>
>>48525251
Because it's one of the staples of shitposting

>MUH GW ONLY CARES ABOUT MUHREENS TAU AND ELDAR CUZ SELL TO WAACFAGS ECKS DEE

Which is a regular shitpost in these threads, feel free to use the archive to find them.

As for the point, Eldar last got their IA11 update. Space Marines got a new flyer like a month ago.

But it's likely the Deathwatch codex rumoured.
>>
File: WP_20160729_17_11_41_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160729_17_11_41_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Played a 1000 pts each 2v2 IG and RG vs Necrons and Black Templars it was crazy three Vindicators on their side and a C'Tan too with two Necron lords. We one barely this was my one flank and my Ally got wiped out with only his Captain left killing his two lords. It was awesome. Will post more pics.
>>
>>48525243
>Yet one of the easiest fucking things in the game is, you use what's in the codex, supplement, forgeworld supplement, dataslate, start collecting formation, White Dwarf article from 5 years ago, general game supplement like everyone's favorite exposition on flyers, or special boxed rules that came with a unique model

Fixed that for you m8
>>
>>48525235
some players will say WD, some will say FAQ
if it were up to me they'd be Battle Brothers, but knowing nids' luck in the past few editions if a genestealer cult codex does come out it will have the AoC ruling as well
and as >>48525290 says, the FAQ is still technically unofficial
>>
>>48525251
You Eldar got a lot of great options and customizations already. The Tyranids, Orks, and Dark Eldar need a turn. Then again, the DE ALWAYS need a turn.
>>
Hey /40k/ I have a lore question/scenario I'm curious.

Let's say you're an Imperial force aboard a space hulk. You are under significant duress. You are battling xenos, you are running low on ammo, you are doing everything you can to stay alive. You come across a Eldar corpse. You see its weapons are nearby, a blade of somekind and a rifle, and what look like grenades. Would you attempt to pick them up and use them? Would a regular Guardsmen? A Catachan? A Astartes? A (Radical)Inquisitor? A Sister?

I don't even know if non Eldar can use their technology, I'm just curious what the spectrum of Imperial forces would do in that situation.
>>
File: WP_20160729_18_35_45_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160729_18_35_45_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>48525304
My other flank.
>>
>>48525304
Give me a blow-by-blow, please! You don't have to be too detailed but I love me some IG Batreps.
>>
>>48524876
Well I'm the idiot that runs 6 Penitent engines mostly because I like how they look.

>>48524427
I turn to sisters to avoid running 3 blobs of 20 models (my usual list while playing with Black Templars, every list must 3 blobs and 3 HQ, back when EC didn't count as one)
>>
>>48525360

IIRC, the 3rd Ed Eldar Codex said Eldar weapons have a gene-tester thing so they don't work if they're not in Eldar hands (or maybe that was just Ranger Long Rifles, I forget).

Which honestly makes no sense since Eldar all wear suits and shit.

Anyway if you take Regimental Standard seriously then I guess the average Guardsman would think the Eldar weapon is a useless flashlight and not use it. A Radical Inquisitor would probably try it though, they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>48525360

Hoomans can't use most Eldar ranged weaponry as most of them have some sort of psychic trigger to shootbangs the shurikens, monofilament wire, face-lasers and what have you.
As for the blade I think Eldar blade have a slight psionic aspect due to wraithboners but a psychic knife-shaped object is still a knife so stabby motions will still probably work.

As for religious dogmatism preventing the use of heretical Xenos weapons that largely depends on how radical the individual is.
>>
>>48525360
One of the Imperium's greatest heroes has an Ork Powah Klaw for a right arm. So I suppose it depends what kind of superiors you have. I bet Yarrick's regiments in particular do a lot of unsanctioned but conveniently ignored looting.
>>
>>48516392
Bringing this against an Ork List tomorrow.
Is it fair enough?
I know he uses the FW biker boss, a bunch of bikers and MANz in Battlewagons.
Pretty sure he has fliers and Mek Guns as well.
I don't want to bring some insultingly terrible list to appease him but I don't want to crush him with a Pure Ravenwing List.

So could any Ork Bros tell me if that list looks 2spooky4you?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4000x2393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4000x2393px
What's the best shooty army in the game?

I don't just mean best gun, but best all around gear, upgrades, formations bonuses, special rules, etc. Simply put, which army can do the most in the Shooting Phase, whether just by shooting or positioning itself do something else.
>>
>>48525137
If only you could squadron them, I'd be so happy to have 3 exorcist and 6 Penitent without the need of a second cad.
>>
>>48525579
Tau, although some people on this board that have a sort of PTSD against them. They get ABSOLUTELY TRIGGERED when you mention Tau and apparently you're some cheese-mongering faggot for even liking them.
>>
>>48524793

TIME FOR THE MURDERCLOWN ENCORE
>>
>>48525466

If you don't want Exorcists (hint: you really really do), Retrubuters are actually pretty good with Heavy Bolters. If you don't want them hanging back and want to just plow forward, give them 4 heavy flamers. Don't underestimate the carnage that 4 (5 with Celestine) Rending heavy flamers can cause.
>>
>>48525579
tau then you got eldar, guard, marines and then admech/skitarii

tau are all about range
>>
>>48525579

Tau, but I would say they actually don't have the best alpha strike in the game. They'll be stronger over sustained rounds of shooting, but in a single round can probably be outclassed by Eldar (Craftworld or maybe Corsairs I guess) and SM.
>>
File: 1462538940082.jpg (106KB, 493x599px) Image search: [Google]
1462538940082.jpg
106KB, 493x599px
>>48515849
PREPARE TO BE PURGED IN THE NAME OF THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND HERETIC!!! *BLAM!!!*
>>
>>48525592

>Exorcist Squadrons

Who wouldn't want 9-54 48" S8 AP1 shots a turn?

That being said, it would be nice. I'm a big fan of Rets, and I go 2 Exo, 1 Ret.
>>
>>48525627
I would switch guard and admech as shooters as I feel like they shoot a bit better and with a stronger arsenal than marines.

Guard just drown you in lasguns unless we are counting artillery and everything else then I could see the argument.
>>
>>48525623
Oh I use them. Mostly against armies that have tanks. Against orks and Necrons the penitents are my thing.

Against wraith spamming having only points left for simple warriors. This silly bondage machines of death can do wonders.
>>
>>48525466
I was thinking about running 6 engines, possibly abusing the shield generator fortification to get them close, but my friend runs slaanesh daemons all day, which will hit first and with enough attacks that rending will wreck them before they get their initiative step.
>>
File: Assassin Pit Droids.jpg (7KB, 230x165px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin Pit Droids.jpg
7KB, 230x165px
Hey Skitmech fags, are Sicarian Infiltrators any good?

They seem to have a lot of cool gear and rules, but also are pretty weak. I ask because I'm considering them for my next army. Are they worth?
>>
>>48525422
Had Vanquisher +Executioner + Enginseer on my one flank and 30 man platoon combined squad and a Leman Russ + a platoon command squad on the other. They ended up stealing the first turn and the two Vindicators opened up on the blob squad and somehow scattered the fuck away only killing one Guardsman. And snipers killed 3 members of my platoon command squad. Leman Russes made all their cover saves against the gauss and the only thing that happened was my ally lost a few Marines. Will continue in next post and post pics.
>>
>>48525740
A unit or two of them can be helpful for the mission.
>>
>>48525750
>>48525422
Pretty much the whole game RG got slammed by the C'Tan and Necrons and my ally and his pysker gave my guardsman 4+ invulns pretty all game until he died and then my Guard got charged. But my Russes were untouchable. Battle Cannon Russ killed a unit of warriors and the Vanquisher exploded a Vindicator and the Executioner gave the enemy infantry a bad time. Pretty much the Guard had to pick up the slack in the game for the RG and my squad killed a squad of Wraiths,took objectives and multiple Demolisher rounds over and over while being badasses. And the cards we got (Maelstrom and Cadian cards) were amazing.
>>
File: Photo 21-05-14 9 31 54.jpg (28KB, 257x206px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 21-05-14 9 31 54.jpg
28KB, 257x206px
Avenger Strike Fighter Or Valkyrie with Inquisition dudes inside for SoB?

Part of me want a Radical inquisitor dropping daemon host from onto the enemy.
>>
Multiple BS3 Heavy Bolters against light vehicles. Good or bad idea? I'm thinking of taking Leman Russ Exterminators with triple Heavy Bolters to fight AV10-11 spam.
>>
>>48526166
You have better options. Vets in chimers will do you well
>>
>>48525647

I can go outside now, because nothing is going to top this today. Congratulations!
>>
>>48526166
exterminators with HBs are really good against anything not power-armoured, and even those can go down when you start forcing saves, but it's iffy against armour
>>
>>48526485
You've got a pretty decent chance of killing AV10-11 in 1-2 turns.
>>
Is there a trick to beating Tau suits?
I am playing Nurgle CSM with Daemon allied CAD.
My bikers try to tie up bigger suits in close combat and my obilterators do their best to do the same after shooting whatever weapons either has but my drones and daemon Prince get decimated.
I was considering adding a sorcerer on a bike to bike lords unit.

I am starting to think my meta is too competitive for how I want to enjoy the game.
>>
>>48526166
S7 spam is good against AV10-11
S6 spam is workable against AV10-11
S5 spam needs 5-6's just to strip hull points

You'd be better served grabbing hull lascannons.
>>
>>48526300
At 1,500 points are 3 of those enough? Though 2 will be mobile most of the game I'm also bringing 4 Leman Russ tanks, 2 Wyverns, an Enginseer and a Manticore. It'll be a CAD + Emp's Wrath.

>>48526485
>>48526579
Is there a better load out for my tanks? I'm thinking I could spare enough points for Lascannon + Multi-melta.
>>
New Thread

>>48526655
>>48526655
>>48526655

New Thread
>>
>>48526574
With what you got, there's not much you can do.
Either use Khorne blobs and drown him in wounds, or go for some allies; Dark Mechanicus (most people are fine with playing against it) are excellent MC killers, and will help in general a lot.

Other than that, blobs are a safe bet. If you can drown him in nurglings then send in good CQC it'll be a pretty safe bet, though of your opponent is a dick his stuff will likely be playing from the back, hence why Dark Mechanicus would be more useful.
>>
File: list.png (72KB, 676x1668px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
72KB, 676x1668px
I am running a librarius conclave in the IF sternhammer formation detailed in the pic.

I am pretty new, so all of the psyker disciplines look pretty cool, but I don't really know which one would be best for me.

Do you guys have any idea what disciplines I should put on each of the 3 librarians for this army?
>>
>>48526929
Just because you don't play tau or Eldar doesn't mean you arnt a waac faggot.
>>
>>48518461

>The rumours were true

Oh baby!
>>
>>48525360

Monkeigh cannot into Eldar tech. It requires you to be psychically linked with the weapon.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.