[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 24

File: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.jpg (49KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.jpg
49KB, 564x846px
> Previous Thread: >>48485623

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-curse-of-the-blue-nile-and-v20w20-starter-bundles/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/a-bit-o-beckett-a-gram-of-gen-con-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Could you try not fucking up this thread with your autism?
>>
>>48509754
no
>>
>>48509754
Did Chronicles make any improvements over Word or is it a literal copy/paste because of licensing?
>>
Last thread was a fucking trainwreck. Can we talk about Scion or something?
>>
>>48509816

CofD is essentially nWoD 2e; they've changed stuff like xp costs and how various powers work and added a lot of new mechanics. It's not super noticeable but it's a lot better overall.
>>
File: unnamed.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
9KB, 300x300px
>>48509816
Nah, it's identical.
>>
>>48509825
Is there any news about the second edition?
>>
>>48509865

Have some Open Development:

>theonyxpath.com/the-world-scion-second-edition-open-development/
>theonyxpath.com/pantheons-scion-second-edition-open-development/
>theonyxpath.com/scion-second-edition-a-new-calling/
>theonyxpath.com/the-bindings-of-fate/
>>
>>48509816
Yes. It's a massive jump in quality over nWoD (total rewrite/reboot of all Merits, flat XP system, social influence system, investigation, chases, crafting/planning/leadership, Aspirations and ways to gain XP from fucking up, total revamp of the combat system, new extended action rules make extended actions not pointless garbage) and a pretty solid boost from GMC. Investigation subsystem in particular is really good.
>>
>>48509849
>but it's a lot better overall

Well, that's a matter of taste. I hated most of the stuff they added to CofD and strongly dislike the direction my favorite splat is going. It's different enough that it's worth checking out, but it's also different enough that, IMO, it shouldn't just been seen as an upgraded version of what came before. Treat it more like the difference between oWoD and nWoD.
>>
>>48509825
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but shouldn't Scion be in Exalted threads?
>>
File: 1466617459895.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1466617459895.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Is Changeling The Lost getting updated ever, or is it just sort of in limbo now?
>>
>>48509910

Anything you don't like can easily be ignored and CofD is worth it if only for revised xp costs, the changes to Morality/Integrity, and the buff that Vampires and Werewolves got.

What's your favorite line and what don't like about it?

>>48509927

Why on earth would it go there?

>>48509949

The new edition is literally playable now: theonyxpath.com/changeling-the-lost-tinkering-and-toying/
>>
>>48509967
>Why on earth would it go there?

Same system?
>>
>>48509927
>scion
>belongs in exalted
???
>>
>>48509977
>new mechanics engine literally built for it
>same as Exalted

???

I get that it doesn't really belong here, but it hasn't supported an independent thread in the past and nobody's ever complained before.
>>
>>48509984
Yeah. As if a story about godlike heroes fits in WoD.
>>
File: 1466557906472.jpg (135KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466557906472.jpg
135KB, 500x750px
>>48509967
New werewolf is pretty good.

I know about the playtest, but it's pretty far from finished and polished.
>>
>>48510004

At a stretch, they're both urban fantasy. It has more in common with CofD than Exalted, but if it'll really cause a big stink I'll shut up about it. I just figure a game that isn't out yet can't handle its own thread.
>>
>>48510004
This is sarcasm, right
>>
>>48509977
It was never the same system.

>>48510010
Oh, hey, you. Haven't seen you around in a while.

Also, it's still being worked on. They're just slow. It's not like they're going to drop it.
>>
>>48510010

I want to kiss that girl
>>
>>48510086
>Also, it's still being worked on. They're just slow. It's not like they're going to drop it.

Like everything they do.

>>48510104
I bet you even want to hold hands with her. Pervert.
>>
>>48509967
>What's your favorite line and what don't like about it?

Changeling. It's mostly a lot of little things adding up. I feel that unlocking Kith from Seeming dilutes the feel of those Seemings, for example, while the special ways each gains and loses Clarity, while not a bad idea on the whole, feel silly and gimmicky. Not every Darkling is the Punisher.

I'll also clarify that I don't think CofD is a bad game. It's an issue of personal preference, which is why I compared it to the oWoD/nWoD split. We now have three rules systems for what is, by and large, the same game, and that's a good thing since it means as many groups as possible can be accommodated. And that's why it's worth checking all three out before deciding which, or which parts of each, to use, rather than just playing the newest version because that's what other people have decided is the best.
>>
>>48509967
>literally playable
Only in a half-assed kind of way
Especially given the woefully unbalanced nature of many Contracts
>>
File: daraya-crafts.png (2MB, 862x1292px) Image search: [Google]
daraya-crafts.png
2MB, 862x1292px
>>48510086
I just want it finished and polished and dead-tree version.

>>48510129
Those are pretty good points. I really like a lot of the ideas in the new game, even if I don't think it is ready to play yet.

>>48510117
Yeah, I'm getting antsy. I don't think I've heard anything new about the new changeling for half a year.
>>
>>48510178

Don't expect anything major until after Gen Con, but hopefully we should have it before the year is over.

At least we got some Dark Eras content for all the lines?
>>
>>48510178
>Yeah, I'm getting antsy. I don't think I've heard anything new about the new changeling for half a year.

I suppose this is what we get for having it all dumped on us in one huge load, rather than piecemeal once every few weeks, as we got with Mage and Werewolf.
>>
>>48510204
>At least we got some Dark Eras content for all the lines?

Did they cram in Beast somewhere?
>>
>>48510230

It's getting the Reconstruction-era American South at some point and unless the "What's up with Dark Eras?" panel coming up at Gen Con is completely pointless it'll likely be in Dark Eras 2 next year.
>>
>>48509880
T-thanks, sempai
>>
>>48510267
>Reconstruction-era American South
B-b-but it's totally not a metaphor for racism you guise.
>>
>>48510359

I'm still a fan of the Bronze Age Collapse idea that was floated on the forums.
>>
>>48510378
Link?
>>
>>48510129
I don't really like 2e's take on Seemings.
The disconnect from Kith is fine by me, but it just seems haphazardly forced into a "this was your escape" element.

It's such a massive part of your character, and your appearance, but it wasn't defined until the very moment you escaped Arcadia? Especially when it ties in closely to how your Kith appears.

I can kind of get it, but it still feels disjointed and haphazard.
>>
>>48509949
My girlfriend
>>
>>48510408
>I don't really like 2e's take on Seemings.
>The disconnect from Kith is fine by me, but it just seems haphazardly forced into a "this was your escape" element.

Yeah. I agree here. It's way too limiting.
The mechanics are fine, great even, but I don't like the pidgeonholing it does.
>>
>>48510406

It was literally just that; Beast in the Bronze Age Collapse. Run around as a mythical Greek monster as civilization crumbles around the Mediterranean.
>>
>>48510129
I feel like a lot of your dislike is coming from a place of not understanding the changes, and comparing them to what came before instead of letting them stand on their own.

Seemings shouldn't get their feeling from their Kiths to begin with, and I feel that showing how different Seemings can interpret the same Kith highlights the Seemings, instead of diluting them.
>Not every Darkling is the Punisher
That's not really their theme in 2e to begin with, but you're doing what I did when I first saw the changes and didn't like how my Fairest character would need to be changed.
You're looking at it as if everything is going to stay the way that it did. Darklings are now all about the darkness and betrayal and fear of betrayal. That's the hat they wear. If you had a Darkling in 1e, they won't necessarily be a Darkling in 2e. My concern with the Fairest was "what if I don't want to be a leader, if I ignore that, I miss out on my special traits". But that's their hat. If my character isn't someone who's durance was escaped through rallying the peasantry, then he's not a Fairest anymore. He's still the same character, but the thing he's called is different. And, it's also worth noting that a lot of people in 1e used the Dual Kith merit to avoid seeming-specific Kiths to begin with; my Fairest was a Succubus, which if I remember was a Darkling kith (and Darkling might now fit him, or maybe Beast).

>We now have three rules systems for what is, by and large, the same game, and that's a good thing since it means as many groups as possible can be accommodated.
Two and a half at best. There's nothing different between the GMC rules and the full CofD rules, other than a few additions. And that's not really unusual when a game gets a new rules set. oWoD had four, and Shadowrun is on its fifth. Not to mention D&D, which has new editions that are practically new games.
>>
>>48510720

I definitely sympathize. My old favorite Changeling character was a Beast and would most likely be either a Fairest or a Darkling in 2e and that takes some adjustment. I actually hated Changeling 2e until David himself talked me down in one of these threads.
>>
File: demon.jpg (19KB, 464x317px) Image search: [Google]
demon.jpg
19KB, 464x317px
qt demon
>>
>>48510137
I doubt we'll see much in the way of "balancing", to be honest. Though I also feel like people rarely mean balance when they say that. What do you feel is "unbalanced" about it?

>>48510178
It's only been a few months since the playtest material was released.

>>48510230
It was a backer stretch goal that people have already paid for, so yes.

>>48510359
I feel like there are so much better fits.
Like, for instance, Denmark during the Geats era. Or Classical Greece. But so many of the Dark Eras feel ill fitting.

>>48510408
>>48510453
What's wrong with the Seeming being your escape? Also, the Seeming write ups all talk about what your life was like before your Durance. For most of them its not just how you escaped, its how you ended up in Arcadia in the first place. For instance, for Beast, a housewife fleeing from her stifling marriage ends up in Arcadia, and once more flees from captivity and becomes a Beast. Like your Seeming is who you are and it culminates in your escape. You were always bestial, but escaping the Durance is when it culminated.

Though, yeah, the Kith write ups do treat it as if it has such a big impact on your appearance.
>>
>>48510769
You hate everything until something changes your mind.
Much like Beast, I kind of hated it until I argued with people who hated it more and I "understood". I don't think they've completely got it the way they want, but I can at least see it. It needs polish, but its there.

My character is a transman who was promised he could become a Prince. He's got a Beast aesthetic going on, but he's a faun with white-gold fur and platinum horns, so I went with Succubus Fairest. So much of his schtick is looking like this gorgeous androgynous model, but being a foul mouthed lonely little hobo who bums around sleeping with a different boyfriend every week and eating out their cupboards. If everyone was looking to him to be a Leader, he'd drop in Clarity like a rock.
But going an actual Beast fits someone who ran away from their dyke hating parents, became the boy toy of a fairy tale monster, and broke away from a perfect life as a caged pet and still can't stand being caged or held down. Darkling also might work, for someone who feels betrayed and can't keep relationships out of fear of commitment.
I made Aiden for F-list like two years ago.
I just think of his backstory and personality a lot.
He's one of my most developed characters and I haven't even played him

I wish I had the motivation to do things...

>>48510782
Bitch I don't need these tears.
>>
>>48510868
>What's wrong with the Seeming being your escape?

In theory? Nothing. But the stereotypes they have for them are a bit too tight.
>>
While talking about seemings, what seeming would a changeling be who escaped on wits and hard work alone?
Like digging a tunnel, or simply learning all the patterns of how all the guards move, their rotations and all, and sneaked out during an opportune moment when noone was watching.
>>
>>48510868
>What's wrong with the Seeming being your escape?
Your escape defining your appearance, ignoring your actual Durance, annoys me.

e.g.
A Beast didn't really do anything animal-ey until he escaped, and even then he might have just gathered the balls and overturned his Keeper's table in the middle of dinner, and marched out of Arcadia.
>>
>>48509900
Totally unrelated guy here, but *WHERE ARE THE CHASE RULES*. I know that they're a thing, but I can't for the fucking life of me ever find where they are when I go looking. And like, fuck me I go looking often.
>>
>>48510912
>transman faun

You have my attention.

My favorite Changeling was Lionheart, who iirc was a Beast Hunterheart. His Durance was an unending fantasy war for their Keeper's amusement and he organized the changelings into a suicidal revolt, but ran away at the last second and used everyone's deaths to cover his escape. Cue massive survivor's guilt fueling a rise to power with the end goal of leading everyone to die in glorious battle against the Fae. He wound up killing another player character before being assassinated by the rest of the motley.

Would he still be a Fairest, or does he become a Darkling in 2e?
>>
>>48510999

In 2e your Durance shapes your Kith, rather than both Seeminf and Kith.
>>
>>48510967
Like I said, I feel like you're looking at it wrong. They're tight if you look at it like 1e, but I feel like in some ways they're broader and have more room for personal interpretation.

>>48510996
That does sound Beast like. Going all Solid Snake.

>>48510999
It isn't ignoring the actual Durance. It's less about actions and more about personality. Though I do feel that calling them the same thing as the 1e Seemings is probably part of the problem. If they had different names entirely, there'd be no real issue.
>he might have just gathered the balls and overturned his Keeper's table in the middle of dinner, and marched out of Arcadia.
Sounds more like an Ogre, to me.
The type of person who would dig a tunnel or go all Solid Snake is the type of person who becomes a Beast. The type of person who flips tables is the type of person to become an Ogre. Their time in Arcadia was a catalyst for that solidifying, but not the cause. But, also, as >>48511069 points out, Durance is shaped by Kith, not Seeming. It's just that, well, the kind of person who will eventually escape in a bestial way is the kind of person that becomes something bestial. It's not like cause and effect are temporally linear in Arcadia anyway.

>>48511044
http://i.imgur.com/YYleLgT.png

>>48511054
>You have my attention.
https://www.f-list.net/c/aiden%20satyrnine
I really need to remake the profile/character. I haven't played him so I haven't touched the profile.
>>
>>48511069
And?
A Darkling Levinquick is going to look very different to a Wizened Levinquick. What's more, their appearance will mostly say nothing about their Durance more than how they escaped it.

However until they both escaped, they could have looked identical. Which is what I find laughable.
>>
>>48511105
>That does sound Beast like. Going all Solid Snake.

No, Beast is denying ones humanity, ignoring the rules, and so on.

Just because a famous character is called snake, it doesn't mean that working at something slowly, methodically, and logically is beast-like.
>>
>>48511126

That's not true. Two Levinquicks will look different if one had a Durance in a nightmare of chrome and neon and the other was in an unending Victorian night. Look past the mechanics and remembee that you're writing a story.
>>
>>48511144
Solid Snake's entire character arc is based around the fact that he can't live a normal life because he's got the battlefield in his blood, and his blood on the battlefield. The plot of MGS is that he can't retire, the plot of MGS2 is him trying to keep Raiden from becoming him, MGS3 is showing that its literally in his DNA, and MGS4 has him unable to rest because the fighting isn't finished, even though he's an old man.
I'm not saying he'd be a Beast because he's named Snake.
I'm saying he's a Beast because he's unable to live in conventional society. His heart is on the battlefield. While its true that you can play without a single kill, it's clear that the "canon" is that Snake has indeed killed many people and may in fact enjoy the killing and the fighting.

>>48511126
That's not really true. In fact, none of it is. You're failing to understand it (which is exactly the thing I was talking about at the tail end of the last thread). They wouldn't look the same regardless. Hell, even if they were the same Seeming, they wouldn't look the same. Your appearance also doesn't (necessarily) change radically when you escape.

>>48511161
>Two Levinquicks will look different if one had a Durance in a nightmare of chrome and neon and the other was in an unending Victorian night
These could also both be Darklings. Or Wizened.
>>
>>48511161
>unending victorian night
Man, I just imagined a night of storms, and every individual raindrop and lightning strike is an abducted person. I wonder what it feels like striking down on the ground at insane speeds.
>>
>>48511212
>Solid Snake's entire character arc is based around the fact that he can't live a normal life because he's got the battlefield in his blood, and his blood on the battlefield. The plot of MGS is that he can't retire, the plot of MGS2 is him trying to keep Raiden from becoming him, MGS3 is showing that its literally in his DNA, and MGS4 has him unable to rest because the fighting isn't finished, even though he's an old man.
>I'm not saying he'd be a Beast because he's named Snake.
>I'm saying he's a Beast because he's unable to live in conventional society. His heart is on the battlefield. While its true that you can play without a single kill, it's clear that the "canon" is that Snake has indeed killed many people and may in fact enjoy the killing and the fighting.
So, he has PTSD? So?

I wasn't talking about Snake.
I was talking about methodically looking through the weaknesses of their captors defence, and exploiting them. Such as figuring out where one can dig a tunnel out, or just exploit the guard changes or somesuch.
Just because Snake does that, it doesn't mean that everyone who does that is Snake.
>>
>>48511212
>Your appearance also doesn't (necessarily) change radically when you escape.
Then the references to Seeming determining apperance, or even better, change the names.
>>
>>48511249
I feel like you're taking my offhanded comparison to a canon character as if I was saying that your concept is LITERALLY that character. Also, he doesn't really have PTSD, but "so?" would be that he's very fitting for what a Beast Seeming would be.

>>48511345
Again: Seeming is crystalized when you escape, (and become a Changeling, as opposed to a Faerie's plaything) but that doesn't mean it isn't something that was with you before the Durance. Each of the Seemings talks about "before the Durance" for a reason.
>>
>>48511401
>I feel like you're taking my offhanded comparison to a canon character as if I was saying that your concept is LITERALLY that character. Also, he doesn't really have PTSD, but "so?" would be that he's very fitting for what a Beast Seeming would be.

And I feel you are hijacking my question to talk about what you think is a fitting Beast.
>>
>>48511429
"What kind of Seeming would this character be?"
"Sounds like this fictional character who would be a perfect Beast"
"Oh my God, stop hijacking my question!"
>>
>>48511474
Yeah, the point is that you focus on the wrong parts. You focus on the "can't leave war behind" parts. I don't care about those. I want the careful logical planning.
>>
>>48509825
Is trinity also acceptable?
>>
>>48509977
Scion is going to share the same system as the Trinity series, not Exalted (close).

Still, it has as much to do with Exalted as it does World of Darkness.
>>
>>48509900
I still find the social rules lacking when compared to even the sway mechanic from mirrors. Theres no means of talking someone into doing something in the immediate sense, you have to get a reputation going first. Also theres no real means of resistance. The most you can do is boost composure and resolve to make it take longer but its still going to happen.
>>
>>48511521
>Scion is going to share the same system as the Trinity series, not Exalted (close).

Yes yes, going to. But right now it shares a system with Exalted.
>>
>>48511535
Exalted has its own system.

Trinity and Scion don't have a complete system yet, they're not out.
>>
>>48511532
>Theres no means of talking someone into doing something in the immediate sense, you have to get a reputation going first.
You just use a single roll.

The social system is for long-term social needs.
>>
>>48511586
Yeah i know but if they're going to have a social system I'd like it to handle everything. Thats the point of having systems, so that things don't have to boil down to just slap an attribute and ability together and make a roll.
>>
>>48511597
So you want a system for immediate solution that's more complicated than the current system for it?
>>
>>48511532
>Theres no means of talking someone into doing something in the immediate sense
Are you talking about CofD?

Because you can Force doors if you don't want to be subtle.
Instant roll penalised by existing Doors.
If you succeed, target cooperates. If you fail, you can't maneuver against them any more.
Works nicely when combined with stuff like Steadfast.
>>
>>48511597

Not everything needs a subsystem, anon. That leads to bloat.
>>
>>48511609
Yeah. That's what it looks like mechanically. But how to put it into play?
I don't get how this fits into actual play.
>>
>>48511684
You - I want to convince Dracula to let me go.
ST - Roll Manipulation + Persuasion, -2 because of what you did.
You - No. I want to do more than that.
ST - What?
You - I want to use the social maneuvering system.
ST - Okay. He's got 5 doors, plus 1 because he knows you're going to tell everyone he's a vampire.
Everyone else at the table - Come on man this is gonna take forever just roll Persuasion.
You - NO! I WANT TO USE THE SOCIAL MANEUVERING SYSTEM FOR THIS. Now pass the book, I don't know what Doors are, what do I do?
Then you look in the fucking book.
>>
>>48511597
use the chase system.

it works really well because the dice pool changes reflect the changes in conversation.
>>
>>48511684
If you're trying to convince someone of something nicely, slowly, suggesting realted ideas and trying to build up a reputation for yourself before finally asking when they're totally cool with it.
Such as borrowing a Grimoire off a powerful Mystagogue.
You use the normal system.

However if partway through that process, you need the Grimoire NOW.
You can go up to him, and try to browbeat/coerce him into immediately getting it for you.
You might be able to convince him, or you might just scare him off.
>>
File: 001.jpg (93KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
How do I Changeling Dizzy?
>>
>>48511506
No, I pointed those parts out when you said he wasn't a Beast.
You literally listed off one of the examples that a Beast would do (digging a tunnel). Jesus, fine, he'd be a Fairest, then, is that what you want?

>>48511574
Scion 1e is out.
>>48511535
It didn't use Exalted's system, though. In fact, it had a lot more in common with oWoD.

>>48511532
I feel like you're not understanding things correctly.
>>48511597
The Social Maneuvering system isn't for that. That's what the core mechanic of "roll a dice at a penalty" is for. Even then, you *can* just use Social Maneuvering for more immediate stuff regardless. It's not like you're bound and gagged to only use the system exactly as stated. And, hell, they also suggest using Chase rules for more immediate social interaction.

>>48511684
>But how to put it into play?
However you want? I'm not sure what the issue is. It's literally just doing what you've always done, because that part isn't what Maneuvering is for.

>>48511765
I do really wish they'd done more with that. Especially the Merits for Chases. They're fluffed to where they could go either way, but that's kind of boring.
>>
>>48511844
She's a Demon. Or an Unfleshed. I'm not sure how Gears work.
>>
>>48511684
>But how to put it into play?
Whenever someone wants something immediately, they make a social test with a penalty equal to doors.
If they get even one success, they get what they want.

If they don't, they realise you're full of shit and don't cooperate.

That's how you do instantaneous social maneuvering in the Doors system.
>>
>>48511782
That's the weird part of doors. Forcing them, in theory, might make sense, but in practice it's just weird how it interacts.

"Well, you rolled badly to force enough doors. The fact that you are standing there pointing a gun at his face doesn't convince him,"

It makes a lot of NPC's retarded in the face of a credible, immediate threat to their lives.
>>
>>48511869
I've always found that people are more likely to do when held at gunpoint if I've previously made them a really nice flower arrangement and helped copy edit their grant proposals.
>>
>>48511906
Thing is, in those situations it's crazy easy due to the Hard Leverage rule.

Threatening someone with a gun would for most people be a breaking point, at either -1 or -2.
It's unlikely to prevent an aspiration, act opposite to a virtue, or be a breaking point.

So really given most people's mental attributes of 2, that would be either a -1 or -2 to the test. And since you're in trouble and you don't want to cock up, add some Willpower to the mix, and you can get people to do what you want easily.
>>
>>48511906
>That's the weird part of doors. Forcing them, in theory, might make sense, but in practice it's just weird how it interacts.
No it doesn't. In fact the situation you just described isn't even how it works.
>It makes a lot of NPC's retarded in the face of a credible, immediate threat to their lives.
That doesn't mean that you succeeded at being threatening.

>>48511926
That's... not how it works.
Also, "Forcing" doesn't mean "Using Hard Leverage". I had that misunderstanding myself. Forcing is just being insistent.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1536x2048px
Why doesn't anyone play Mummy, again?
>>
>>48512129
Too confusing.
Top obscure.
No strong basis in popular culture.
You're servants, not independents.
Difficult themes.
Limited inspiration/reference material.
Genuinely less interesting in many ways than other splats (personally)
>>
>>48512129
You run a game and I'll try my hardest to play it.
>>
>>48512155
>No strong basis in popular culture.

Everything you say is valid except this. It's not tough to say "picture a game where you play as the bad guy from the fantastic Brendan Fraser movie" and let it roll from there.

I'm starting to realize I like this game because it's so fucking obtuse.
>>
>>48512129
Because I'm already running a Mage game
And I don't think the people I play with would be interested in it, anyways(based on talking about it a few times)
>>
>>48512185
Except that Mummy isn't really like The Mummy.
Also, they're remaking it with Tom Cruise, for their ̶A̶v̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶r̶i̶p̶o̶f̶f̶ Universal Monster shared universe.
>>
>>48512129
I'd do it.

It sounds like highlander but with spooky mummy problems and cult family instead.
>>
>>48512232

The wide brush strokes of it (wake up as a gross ancient undead demigod and throw sandstorms and zombies at people) are similar enough to hook a casual fan. Most folks don't even get to see all the fun powers Mummy has past the meaty mythology.
>>
>>48512129
Playing an undead pharoah that can raise zombies, throw sandstorms, and turn everyone over the age-of-consent-is-16-in-most-of-the-country into nubile fertility priestesses gets my dick hard.

Playing as the soul-slave of the jackass children of the Exarchs and Exalted's Deathlords while my power stat literally goes DOWN as I play chops it off "root and stem," as Varys would say.

I wanted to like Mummy, but really I just wanted a mashup of Vampire and Mage, and instead I got a mashup of Ghouls and Scion.
>>
>>48512433
>turn everyone over the age-of-consent-is-16-in-most-of-the-country into nubile fertility priestesses
wut
>>
>>48512251

Sure, but there is only a very limited amount of games one can run in it.
>>
Honestly, the the timer is what cuts it for me. The game gets really complicated to run any long-term game that doesn't span millennia.

The fact that this is shown by making the PC's weaker as the game progresses is also boring. I want to feel like my character grows, not withers.
>>
>>48512562
The timer isn't really that big a deal.
>The fact that this is shown by making the PC's weaker as the game progresses is also boring. I want to feel like my character grows, not withers.
That's the core gimmick. You've got to accomplish your goals before you burn out.

>>48512534
True, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad. There's still a lot you can do in that framework, and the Sothic Turns make it easier to do other things.
>>
>>48512562

If you just want to run a single Descent (and why would you - it's a game about being immortal), you still have over a year minimum before your Sekhem runs out.

And you don't just wither, as your character should be growing in Memory even as they bleed Sekhem. You may start the game off an angry god and then return to being a corpse, but that interim time should be spent rebuilding your sense of identity and conspiring towards freedom, or at the very least solving cosmic mysteries, building your cult, finding awesome relics, and setting in motion or realizing thousand year plans.
>>
>>48512604
>That's the core gimmick. You've got to accomplish your goals before you burn out.
Yeah. And I dislike that core gimmick. Thus I don't play Mummy.

>>48512607
>If you just want to run a single Descent (and why would you - it's a game about being immortal), you still have over a year minimum before your Sekhem runs out.
Because I'm human, and am used to seeing things in a human scale.
Besides, shit breaks over millennia, where is the fun part in starting over every time?
>>
>>48512449
all the went in my head is a Egyptian looking girl in her early teens dressed in sexy Egyptian clothing
>>
>>48512607
>you still have over a year minimum before your Sekhem runs out.

I thought a year was the absolute max, if you succeeded on all your rolls?
>>
You must not read from the book!

Anak'Sunamun!
>>
>>48512629
What?

>>48512621
>Yeah. And I dislike that core gimmick. Thus I don't play Mummy.
That's fine.
>>
>>48512683
An Egyptian girl, in her early teens, wearing only sacred oils and the body-violating tattoo that marks out her purpose ever after.

There isn't really anything else in Mummy worth getting.
>>
So. How can I run a Werewolf chronicle that isn't just "you sit in your territory, and something weird happens, take care of it"?

What I mean is; With werewolves being so damn territorial, what else is there?
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 1259x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 1259x542px
>>48512633

This again.

When you first wake up, your Sekhem is at 10. As indicated on the chart, after one scene you roll your Sekhem of 10 as a dice pool. If you fail that roll, you repeat it again every one scene until you succeed; if you succeed, you immediately drop down to Sekhem 9, and don't roll again for another two scenes. Repeat down the ladder until at 0.

Assuming you succeed (which is bad, remember) on every roll and get the shortest Descent possibly, you're still up for over 380 days. That can go on further if you fail any of those rolls, and during a Sothic Turn, you stop rolling at Sekhem 1 and stay alive until killed.
>>
>>48512724
Because of the need to Hunt, characters are going to be forced to go out and look for weird stuff. Territory also doesn't have to be just a specific patch of land.
>>
>>48512705
virginal as well?
>>
>>48512740
Yeah. So when something comes and annoys them, they'll take care of it, and then go back to sitting in their territory and wait for the next monster of the week to react to.
>>
>>48512786
No, they have to go out looking for things. Just sitting around and waiting for something to go wrong doesn't cut it. They'll also just generally want to take care of their territory, and further the goals of their Totem (which tends to strengthen that Totem).

Play them up like a gang or a cult (one of the big things Geist and Werewolf have in common). That's what they're like. You'll also have enough NPCs through the Pack for them to always be active and have plot hooks, or at least slice of life play.
>>
>>48512847
>No, they have to go out looking for things. Just sitting around and waiting for something to go wrong doesn't cut it.

So how the fuck do I make the players do that!?
>>
>>48512886
Well, again, they are literally driven to do exactly that. Though for the lower levels of Primal Urge, it can be months.

If your problem is that you don't have proactive players, then that's what you should ask.

Like I said, there are plenty of ways to bring in plothooks. They should each have a Wolfblooded and there should be a handful of mortal packmates. All of those are good sources of plothooks. People in their pack are people they care about and will want to help, so when those people have a problem, whether its a supernatural issue or not, the Wolves are going to want to get involved. This is especially useful if, say, one mortal member isn't showing up to work or meetings or whatever group the pack takes the form of and they track him down and he's been seduced by some vampire douchebag. Beyond that, you can also have them deal with getting their pack up and running (if they've got a halfway house or a bar or a swimming pool or an office building, that's going to need tending to and someone keeping it up), or just the social interactions with Touchstones, whether they're in the pack or otherwise.

You've also got their Totem. That's a good source of plot because the Totem isn't just there to give the Wolves bonuses and occasionally come along on hunts. Its going to want them to do shit for it. Hassle local spirits, build stuff, break stuff, help facilitate its Resonance. Hell, if the Totem is particularly fucked up, it might want them to give it a suitable host to Claim.

And, of course, you can encourage them to DO stuff by threatening their territory. Maybe land developers want to do something that will fuck with a Locus. Maybe the spirits are getting angry. Maybe a Wound is forming. Maybe someone disturbed a spooky old house and now its haunted by Spirits from the murder 20 years ago. Maybe Pure or other Werewolves are trying to muscle in. Hell, maybe the people muscling in aren't necessarily bad people that they'd want to go to war with.
>>
>>48512886

Make an interesting world around them. Have other people doing other things, like rival packs or human hunters or an ambitious coven of shamans. Have their totem hand down alien goals.

Fuck's sake anon, this is easy.
>>
>>48512973
>Make an interesting world around them. Have other people doing other things, like rival packs or human hunters or an ambitious coven of shamans.

These are the things I've tried. They don't go out and discover it. They don't care.

>>48512973
>Have their totem hand down alien goals.
The players design the totem, and it's goals.

>>48512970
>If your problem is that you don't have proactive players, then that's what you should ask.
Fair enough. How do I make the players not be reactive lumps?
>>
Is it wrong that I envision Totems like Zordon? The pack are Power Rangers?
>>
>>48513019
>The players design the totem, and it's goals.
And you play it.
>How do I make the players not be reactive lumps?
I just gave you plenty of suggestions. Yeah, they won't be going out and doing it of their own accord, but sometimes you've got to give them something to work with instead of assuming your players will just go "I walk around looking for trouble".
>>
>>48513019
>The players design the totem, and it's goals.

And then you play as it, anon. You're the ST. You decide when it does thngs.

Are your players actually having fun? It doesn't sound like it. Ask them what they want.
>>
>>48513042
Nope. Kinda accurate.
>>
>>48513049
>Are your players actually having fun? It doesn't sound like it. Ask them what they want.

They say they do. And I ask often. Otherwise I wouldn't be part of this shit still.
>>
>>48513056
Instead of asking if they're having fun, ask if there's anything they'd like to do. Both outside of the game ("what kind of WoD/Werewolf things do you want to deal with?") and in the game ("it's been a week since you defeated the evil spirit, what will you do with your time?")

Present opportunities for them to have a chance to do things. Work plot hooks into the things they choose to do. If all else fails, see >>48512970
>>
>>48513159
>Instead of asking if they're having fun, ask if there's anything they'd like to do. Both outside of the game ("what kind of WoD/Werewolf things do you want to deal with?") and in the game ("it's been a week since you defeated the evil spirit, what will you do with your time?")
When I do I generally get non-committal shrugs.

>Present opportunities for them to have a chance to do things. Work plot hooks into the things they choose to do.
Yeah. I'll suppose I have to pressure them harder on what they do in the meantime.
>>
>>48513245

Sounds like you just have bad players, anon.
>>
>>48513254
Nah. They are good people.
And they get active when I give them a good enough story to play in.
I just have trouble doing that in Werewolf.
>>
>>48513268
He said they're bad players, not that they're bad people.
>>
>>48511105
>>transman faun
>You have my attention.

>tfw I didn't have Jakki's attention
>>
>>48513723

He's cute, anon. What more do you want from me?
>>
File: wtf.png (193KB, 670x601px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
193KB, 670x601px
How do I translate this to actual numbers? This spell, while awesome in theory, is beyond useless in practice. What should I answer a player if they ask me "How much potency is it to make a zone of Jupiter-like gravity?"
>>
>>48513268
If you want to break the territoriality of werewolf and its monster of the week format, you can try introducing a lune with a cryptic and important message from luna. Unlike totems, lunes aren't bound to territory. They also have a reputation for bad news and backstabbing but are too important to ignore unless your players are playing Pure.

Set them off in an epic adventure where the lune acts like xellos and they have no idea if the warden moon is just crazy or leading them to a Seer of the Throne plot which will enable an exarch to cast down luna from the heavens
>>
Take me back to the 90's oWoD

I don't wanna live here anymore
>>
File: I Am So Done.png (367KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
I Am So Done.png
367KB, 500x600px
>>48516264
>>
>>48513019
>These are the things I've tried. They don't go out and discover it. They don't care.
You're failing at making an engaging world for them.
>>
>>48515953
Totems aren't bound to territory either. Unless it's a territory totem.
>>
File: sailor moon gangsta.jpg (70KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
sailor moon gangsta.jpg
70KB, 500x707px
Camilla here. Thought I'd be more civil from now on and not be so defensive. Hopefully you guys can warm up to me like you did with atamajakki, but I'm not really expecting such a thing to happen. Anyway, onto a matter I figured I'd speak up on.

So, I'm working on my Simon City Royals Requiem game in Miami, and in the previous thread, a shitposter started going on an anti-anime rant and launched several ad hominem attacks at me.

Now, I decided to be the better man and not respond to him, but he pointed out that the Simon City Royals are a Chicago gang and should not be in Miami.

Well, it is true that the SCR originated in Chicago but nowadays most of their territories are in the Deep South, particularly Mississippi and Tennessee, and they have an active chapter in Miami.

My proof is right here...

http://chicagogangs.org/index.php?pr=ALMIGHTY_SCR

I ignore the rest of his attacks on me, especially since they were from last thread, but I thought I'd correct one of his assumptions.

Yes, the Simon City Royals started in Chicago, but they do have a presence in Miami. And even if they didn't, who cares? It's a fictional story in a game most of you probably won't be playing in.

(Rant over)

Now, onto more civil matters. Anybody here like Changeling: The Lost?
>>
>>48516264
I feel your pain sometimes. Sometimes.
>>
>>48516511
fuck off
>>
>>48516527
Whatever
>>
So, I've considered incorporating Changeling NPC's in my Miami Requiem game but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I could use the Miami NPC's from the Changeling corebook, but I'd rather write my own NPC's and political structures for the Changelings of Miami.

I'm thinking that the Spring Court would have an alliance with the Ordo Dracul/Simon City Royals Kindred and the two would band together against the Invictus and Autumn Court gangs in Miami.

Still thinking of sub-plots and other plot hooks though, as well as detailed NPC's.
>>
>>48509754
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get into M20, since in my area the whole WoD scene's been just Vampire and Werewolf, and people have told me they're scared of trying to run Mage. I wanted to run Awakening because the M:As prologue for the revised edition stood as too pretentious for me but after reading some of the fluff on M20 I've learned to understand it and appreciate it.

I've read about both the Traditions and the Technocracy, but I'd like to have a more complete understanding. Is there a way to find the Convention Books for the Technocracy? I already have Iteration X, but on the multiple PDF shares I've only found second edition books for the other conventions.

I'm specially interested in the Void Engineers one, since M20 talked a bit about Threat Null and that seems really fucking interesting.

Also, I'm starting to think one coud see the idea of Ascension the same way as Evangelion's Third Impact.
>>
>>48516589
I don't know about M20, but Mage: The Ascension 2e is awesome. Avoid Revised like the plague though unless you like getting your games railroaded by metaplot.
>>
>>48516264
Do you like Vampire: The Masquerade 1e?
>>
>>48516264
My Miami Requiem game is set in the 90's, but it's nWoD, and I assume you aren't interested.
>>
So, has anyone ever set a Vampire: The Masquerade game set in Ancient Rome?

I know Requiem got an official Roman setting, but I wonder if anyone has done something similar for oWoD at their gaming tables.
>>
>>48516511
>Camilla here. Thought I'd be more civil from now on and not be so defensive.
>Spends 200 words defending himself
Pointing out your flaws isn't shitposting. That wasn't even "anti-anime". I was literally responding to you accusing everyone of being a wristcutting Sisters of Mercy fan and pointing out how ironic that is.
>>
>>48516703
Well, whatever. I've stopped shitposting and I only made that post to correct one of your statements regarding the Simon City Royals and Miami.

I've stopped calling everyone goth and emo, so will you lay off of me now that I'm laying off of everyone else?

I just want to get along.
>>
>>48516511

I like it quite a bit, but I have no idea how in the hell I'm supposed to run it. 1e, 2e, it's all the same, I just can't wrap my head around running it, and I'm baffled as to why.

>>48516575

>Spring/Ordo Dracul vs Autumn/Invictus

That's an interesting match up, I would have expected the opposite, since Spring and Invictus/Ordo and Autumn feel like rough equivalents sometimes. What's your thoughts behind that?
>>
>>48516733
Just thought I'd play things a bit differently than the usual layout.
>>
>>48516601
I like the whole thing about the Traditions going guerilla after the Avatar Storm, and the Rogue Council still sending transmissions. M20 really helps putting things in perspective. However, I'd like to tone down the whole thing about the Technocracy "winning" the Ascension War, since M20 implies there's Nephandic influence on the Inner Circle and also on the Rogue Council.
>>
>>48516752
Meh, I never liked the metaplot to begin with, so I just stick with 2e.
>>
>>48516725
>I've stopped shitposting
You really haven't. I'm pretty sure >>48516264 was you. The post where you were obviously you is also shitposting. So is this one I'm replying to.
It's also been less than 24 hours and you're acting like you've changed.

>>48516733
Why would Spring be paired with the Invictus? They're much more Carthian.
>>
>>48516778
That 90s post was not me.

And how is discussing ideas for a potential game of mine shitposting? Why? Because it's anime-inspired? That alone does not constitute shitposting. Either way, I really don't want to argue with you or anyone else.

Maybe I haven't fully changed, but I'm trying to change. So give me a chance at least.
>>
>>48516761
Totally understandable.
In fact, I've always seen WoD games as more personal histories that huge metaplot shitfests.

Like, in Vampire you either reject your curse and seek redemption or you embrace it and start playing the cainite societiy's game.

In Werewolf, you're a being tasked with fighting on a war you will lose. There's no going around it, the Apocalypse will come. So you either let yourself be corrupted or you die fighting for Gaia.

And Mage, to me, it's about power and pride. You suddenly awaken and realize you're basically a god. You have to learn to use those powers, or they'll crush you.
>>
>>48516821
Excellent point
>>
>>48516778
Also, I would like to clarify the fact that I generally do not like oWoD (though there are exceptions), I prefer 1e nWoD overall. Albeit modified to fit my tastes.
>>
>>48516805
>And how is discussing ideas for a potential game of mine shitposting?
Because the entire thing was a childish defensiveness.
>Because it's anime-inspired? That alone does not constitute shitposting.
It does when you're not actually running or playing in a game and are only using it as a way to stir up attention and bait. You even said you *would* run it as a forum game.
>So give me a chance at least.
This is an anonymous image board. You have a billion chances. You post the same things over and over and try your damnedest to make sure we know its you each time with things like avatarfagging.
>>
>>48516842
Allow me to counter your points.

>Because the entire thing was a childish defensiveness

No it wasn't, I was just correcting a factual error on your part regarding the Simon City Royals ad their presence in Miami.

>You're not actually running or playing in a game and only using it as a way to stir up attention and bait.

Wrong again. I'm playing in an IRL game later tonight (though I'm not ST'ing this time). Also, I am actually going to run my SCR game on Onyx Path Forums once it is ready and I have got my plots put together. Look for it there.

>You post the same things over and over

Okay, you got me on this one. It's a bad habit I've fallen into and something I need to work on. So you're right on that. But give me some time and things will get better.

As for "anime-inspired action horror" vs. "gothic-punk personal horror", let's just agree to disagree on that issue and simply not play in each other's games, alright?
>>
What's up with the oWoD shitposters? Shouldn't you guys be on /v/?
>>
>>48516908
Hey, I hate oWoD just as much as I hate 2e CofD. I stick to 1e nWoD. So don't drag me in with the oWoD shitposters.
>>
So, atamajakki, what is your favorite clan in Requiem?

Mine is Mekhet.
>>
So um, anybody ever make their own Dark Era or otherwise run a historical chronicle?
>>
>>48516908
Even oWoD shitposters know better than to post on /v/.
>>
Once again, this thread is going to shit.
>>
File: Fire Tree.webm (1MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Tree.webm
1MB, 406x720px
fuckin spirits....
>>
>>48517028

I've done two! I ran Requiem during the Bronze Age Collapse. It focused on how hard it is for vampires to survive when everything is going to hell, and the choice between giving up what you have to make sure you can survive or risking everything to salvage your city and power base. Another guy in my club ran Sea Peoples Geist at the same time. There were some references.

Followed it up with Geist in 5th century Athens. Pretty good setting for it. The katabasis is pretty core to both Greek literature and Geist, so it was a recurring theme.
>>
File: tuxedo mask.jpg (10KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
tuxedo mask.jpg
10KB, 264x191px
I decided to post another shitty anime pic so you know who I am.

I'm gonna take a break from this thread for a few hours, maybe a day. I'll be back on the next thread, hopefully it won't degenerate like it did this time.

And I'll be a lot more civil and a lot less defensive. I realize that if I don't start anything, there won't be anything.
>>
File: 1430531531880.png (132KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1430531531880.png
132KB, 403x392px
>>48510335
>seMpai
>>
>>48517141
Both are awesome sounding ideas.
>>
>>48517141
Geist in Ancient Greece?

Neat.
>>
Is a Mage able to create goetia in 2e? What about summoning a supernal entity? Will it create one for me?
>>
>>48517601
Mind 5 to create a new goetia
A supernal entity would also need Mind 5 to create a new goetia
>>
File: Dead Mens Tales.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Dead Mens Tales.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48516905
>Also, I am actually going to run my SCR game on Onyx Path Forums once it is ready and I have got my plots put together.

>>48516733
>I like it quite a bit, but I have no idea how in the hell I'm supposed to run it. 1e, 2e, it's all the same, I just can't wrap my head around running it, and I'm baffled as to why.
What's the problem?
You said the same thing about your last like three games.

>As for "anime-inspired action horror" vs. "gothic-punk personal horror", let's just agree to disagree on that issue and simply not play in each other's games, alright?
You are literally the only person even having that argument.

>>48517028
I started writing up Pirate Geist, but as with most things I lost steam.
>>
>>48517147
Literally no one needed you to post that.

>>48517159
It's a wordfilter. Blame Japanese moot.
Also n and m are interchangeable.
>>
>>48517839
Do they die when the duration of the spell ends?
>>
>>48511054

Fairest would not be appropriate given the details you listed. The betrayal justifies Darkling, but Beast for abandoning the socially expected role of leader in a show of cowardliness/self-preservation would also be appropriate. The idea of Cowardly Lion makes me smile. Giving into instincts and not being "trapped" by social norms is what frees a Beast, and that fits your story as well. The survivor guilt does lean it towards Darkling though.
>>
>>48519051
They do
Unless you spend 2 Reach to make it Lasting
>>
>>48518292
>It's a wordfilter
Wait what, it is? lemme try
senpai onegai~
Also, Japanese doesn't have m on its own, but n is
>>
>>48517028

I started to work on a 1960s America Mage setting called All Along The Watchtowers that's currently stalled.
>>
>>48519482
f a m
turns into senpai
t b h
turns into desu
>>
>>48519517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJN79ePvhI
?
>>
>>48516981

I like them all but the Gangrel are probably my favorite with the Daeva close behind.

If the Julii are off the table, of course.
>>
File: the memest.jpg (98KB, 778x213px) Image search: [Google]
the memest.jpg
98KB, 778x213px
We should fucking burn all the old worlders

If not for them we would have more nwod books
>>
xth for kiasyd needs more love
>geomancy
>fae stuffing
>Obtenebration
>dominance/necromancy
name a better bloodline to reek havoc
pro tip: you minmaxing bastards probably can
>>
>>48512129

Be honest with us Atamajakki, how many times have you masturbated to that picture at the bottom?
>>
>>48517147

If you want people to know who/what you are, don't post on an anonymous board, attention whore.

Only your thoughts and ideas matter here, your identity is meaningless shit we don't care about.

As a side note: You seem like a Tumblr-Fag (apologies if "Fag" isn't the proper suffix in this sub-board, currently using /b/ mannerisms) Also your post has no on-topic content, it is all you talking about yourself without addressing the topic at all. Get over yourself, you self-centered idiot.

<back on topic> Anyway, the reason I like Seemings being linked to escape method is that it is a massively cathartic event in the character's history and now it has mechanical significance. Additionally each seeming really represents severe psychological damaged caused by getting rid of a part of the psyche to escape the trap of arcadia, like a coyote chewing off its paw to escape a leg trap. It reinforces that changelings are all Mad in one way or another by mundane human standards, and makes very Lewis Carrol type organizations and interactions. </back on topic>

>>48518292
This is correct! +1 Internet for you.
>>
>>48519565
>someone posting an M20 sidebar that isn't the gender one

I'm amazed

>>48519571

They're a bit special snowlfakey for me, but I like the new direction they got in V20 Dark Ages.
>>
>>48519677
can they still summon oompa loompas?
>>
File: 1441715802002.png (73KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1441715802002.png
73KB, 618x618px
>>48519565

>>48519526
Also, why the hell do these word filters even exist? Especially for these words? I haven't been here in a while, what happened? Also, still doesn't explain how senpai was filtered unless I'm very special
>>
I want to play Promethean/Changeling but I'm new to wod, should I just start off on vampire or something easier to get into instead?
>>
>>48519609

I chose to become it instead.

>>48519736

Some boards had an outbreak of ironically mimicking how young people talk on twitter and it got so overwhelming that word filters were added.
>>
>>48519872

I started with Changeling and was just fine. Good luck ever finding a Promethean group; I haven't in ten years of searching.
>>
>>48519874
huh
desu senpai
>>
>>48519910
What's so offputting about Promethean? The lore looks really unique and interesting.
>>
>>48519736
senpai wasn't filtered to sempai, the guy who mentioned the filter presumably just thought you were raging about the use of weebspeak and assumed it was something caught by the filter
>>
>>48520015

To quote my old playgroup: "I want my roleplaying games to be fun."

You can sell people on "you play as a badass monster hunter who has the odds stacked against them" or "you play as a normal person turned into a vampire, struggling with unnatural thirst and monstrous peers" easily enough. Very few people want "you play as a hated fake person on an emotional journey to build an identity and learn to love humanity in a world that hates and fears you." It's little too high concept and there's not enough power fantasy there, same as Wraith struggles with.

It's one of my favorite games ever made, and doubly so now that I think I can understand it a bit better through a queer lens, but good luck finding enough people to play it with.
>>
>>48516821
I liked having a lot of backstory. It handed you a lot of ready-made tone to build off. And that was always my understanding of the point of playing WoD over some other franchise: atmosphere.

Essentially, that the World of Darkness is an exaggeration of reality. Humans live obliviously in oppressive grayish boredom. Becoming a monster puts you in a situation where you're doomed, but because of that you're also free to live intensely. You get harsh whites and inky blacks.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 266x189px
>>48520015

>>48520107

Because we get the game groups we deserve, not the game groups we need (to play particularly awesome intellectual games).
>>
>>48519736
>why
>>48519874 says it was ironic, I'm not so sure. Just from a practicality standpoint, these filters at least serve to remind the fifteen-year-olds they're supposed to be pretending to be eighteen. For my part, I'm hoping it encourages them rethink talking like that in real life.

When they first put in these filters (if I recall correctly, last Halloween along with a festive CSS script) they changed cuck to kek, which I wish they'd left. It's being overused to the point where it's losing its meaning. The only reason they started using it in the first place is because we've worn all the sting out of fag and faggot. They're not longer shocking. I shudder to think what word they'll be wearing out next decade.
>>
okay senpai
>>
>>48512745
Not for long.
>>
So is this like Shin Megami Tensei or what
>>
>>48521540
Not even half as good, but at least twice as edgy.
>>
>>48521540
Not especially.
>>
>>48519526
>>48519736
Oh, I was wrong, then, he typed sempai on purpose as a joke. Still, the m and n are enterchangable.
>>48520023
Actually I assumed she was complaining about the m, since she said
>seMpai
and used a frog.

>>48520946
I think you're overthinking their purpose, and no one is going to stop using phrases like cuck, because as you said they need a new thing. If I recall, that one even started with a wordfilter and a mocking change of the /pol/ board.
And "kek" is even worse because you've already got /r9k/ treating fucking pepe as an Egyptian God because there was a frog deity named Kek.
>>
File: infinitesadness.gif (123KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
infinitesadness.gif
123KB, 480x270px
>>48521865
>Oh, I was wrong, then, he typed sempai on purpose as a joke. Still, the m and n are enterchangable.

I-i-it was all a prank, b-b-b-bros! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to cause this! :'(
>>
How about we talk about some of the games?
>>
>>48512725
A minor addendum: You can reset your remaining time for your current Sekhem level, as long as you please your Judge, or eat a Relic (Heresy). That could extend your time, theoretically indefinitely. It's most efficient at the lower levels, though.
>>
>>48522191
Only if it's nWoD/CofD.
>>
A lot of Fate spells allow their recipient to modify a number of their rolls during the spell's duration. Does that count as an immediate effect for the purposes of duration?
Say I cast a Potency 2, but Indefinite duration Exceptional Luck - would I get the 2 rolls and that's it, or would it refresh back to 2 every ritual casting period? What happens if all the 'charges' are expended but the spell's duration is not? Would it just end prematurely?
>>
>>48522344
You get 2 uses of it, then the spell ends, because its effect has ended.
>>
>>48522431
Weak.
>>
>>48522525
Just raise your potency, senpai
Git gud
>>
>>48522525
Boo hoo.
Fate's still bullshit powerful.
>>
>>48522631
>>48522651
Trying to cobble together a long term curse that doesn't require mastery or outright maiming them with tilts. The detriment of a penalty hex is pretty bad if you can burn through it in an afternoon.
>>
>>48522791
Problem is, Cursing someone like that is creating a Curse. Which is practice of Making.

Best you can do otherwise is twist their existing fate in smaller ways, through Boons. Just come up with an appropriate/custom tilt.
>>
>>48522968
You can hex them with Fate ••• and ••••, whereby they get a boon until they do something you defined during the spell and then the boon flips to a hex. Hexes can either apply a penalty equal to Potency to the next Potency rolls (resolved in a bad afternoon), or apply a bunch of tilts which are also resolvable on their own. I'd just like to have mechanics for cursing someone in a way that lasts longer than a week before it all gets resolved by natural recovery mechanics.
>>
Would anyone be interested in playing a Mage the Awakening game on Roll 20? Keep in mind it'll be my first time GMing and my first time on Roll 20, so if it's shit it's shit. I'm not really gonna be a rules lawyer as long as we have fun then so be it. Just hit me up if you're interested, it's mainly a game where shit goes bad on a vacation resort island where there's no where to run (except into the jungle where theres spooky shit)
>>
>>48523228
>shit goes bad on a vacation resort island where there's no where to run
>no where to run
Dude, I have some bad news for you...
>>
>>48522968
I got you, senpai. Chaos Mastery Errata, increased duration. That has an instant effect. Therefore, every ritual casting duration, BAM, chance die.
>>
>>48523293
Increased duration?
>>
Could you improve a physical skill with Life magic?
>>
>>48523592
Yes?
>>
>>48523627

Cool, you think Life could also improve social skills/traits? It might require reach but I think animal magnetism is an acceptable use of the arcana.
>>
>>48523592
>>48523627
>>48523722
Not in 2e.
>>
>>48523460
Increase the duration from one turn to several.
>>
Redpill me on Changeling
>>
>>48523944
You'll never get to play it so don't bother getting into it.
>>
>>48523737
I assume you're talking about how all the skill raising powers are in Mind? that doesn't mean Life *can't* do that.
Although what's the point when you can raise Attributes.

>>48523722
>I think animal magnetism is an acceptable use of the arcana.

>The mage can create a magical lure or repellant for specific types of organisms. While the mage could in theory specify any type of organism, she is likely to be quickly overwhelmed by numbers. When casting this spell as a lure, a smart mage will specify only certain types of organisms (not microscopic ones, if she’s smarter still) to draw to her. Plants and microorganisms have Resolve 0 for purposes of Withstanding the spell. Organisms drawn in are not necessarily friendly and will remain cautious or even hostile if it is within their nature to do so, but will not openly attack the subject unless cornered. People affected by the spell find the subject irresistible or repugnant, but can’t pinpoint just what it is that provokes the reaction.
>Repelling a type of organism means that such creatures must Withstand the spell’s effect to enter the area of effect Scale factor. The spell doesn’t so much physically repel the creature as trigger an instinctive aversion to the area, like animals fleeing a region before disaster strikes.
>+1 Reach: The lured creatures prove benign toward the subject and will offer food or small favors as appropriate.
>+1 Reach: Lured intelligent creatures treat the subject as having a good (lure) or bad (repel) first impression for purposes of Social maneuvering

I also creative Thaumaturgied up Majesty as a Legacy Attainment.

>>48523944
I don't see what convincing you women are manipulative and evil has to do with Changeling.
But also be more specific on what you need help understanding.
>>
>>48523944
Tumblr the splat.
>>
>>48524033
>I don't see what convincing you women are manipulative and evil has to do with Changeling.
what

>>48523955
aw
>>
>>48524033
>I assume you're talking about how all the set-people-on-fire powers are in Forces? that doesn't mean Life *can't* do that.
>>
>>48523944

A thoughtful metaphor for being an abuse survivor that manages to both avoid being preachy and succeed as a genuinely good game
>>
>>48524049
>what
The "Red Pill" movement (mostly centered on Reddit's r/theredpill) is a misogynist inCel thing about how marriage and monogamy were created by a shadowy cabal of women to give women power.

>>48524066
Except that altering and increasing natural aspects is a Life thing. At the very least, several Life spells add bonuses to skills, if not adding Skills themselves.

>>48524072
>and succeed as a genuinely good game
2e, maybe, but 1e is kind of garbage if you actually look at it. There's no real mechanic that works. This is a problem with a lot of the 1e games. It's not necessarily poor "balance", but it is poor mechanics.
>>
I need to make a puzzle for a Mortals/Hunter game, preferrably one related to bookworming stuff in character. Does anyone have any examples of this, mechanical and storywise?
>>
>>48524188
Puzzles in what way. Look at the ones from Indiana Jones or Uncharted or National Treasure?
>>
>>48524155
It adds bonuses, but does not grant skill dots. That's exclusively Mind's domain in 2e.
>>
>>48524340
>exclusively
I really feel like you're using the "doesn't say it so it doesn't exist" argument.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
>>
>>48524439
See >>48524066
I really feel like you're using the "doesn't say it doesn't exist so it could" non-argument.

Do what you will at your table, but by RAW and RAI (as evidenced by the changes between 1e and 2e), it's exclusively Mind's domain.
>>
If you have Prime ••, why WOULDN'T you have As Above, So Below set to Indefinite on your path tool?
>>
>>48524598
Except that setting people on fire is not within Life's domain. Enhancing physical capabilities is.
>it's exclusively
No. That's not how Mage works. None of that is exclusive. There's even a sidebar explicitly saying "just because two Arcana can do the same thing doesn't mean its wrong". All of the spells are samples of things that you can Creative Thaumaturgy yourself.

>>48524637
Spell slots.
"Why WOULDN'T you do this or that" is like asking why you wouldn't hold six things in your two hands.
>>
>>48522285

http://theonyxpath.com/good-news-for-twitch-streamers/

So Onyx Path got some Twitch tags.
>>
>>48524637
Because Indefinite Duration is a -10 modifier, +2 Reach, 1 Mana, and still counts against your spell control limit (unless you Relinquish Control) which will be either a Willpower points (which means the spell can go out of control) or a Willpower Dot (which is Experience expensive).

Plus it's on an object you have to carry around, and unless you're shooting for an Exceptional Success, 9-again or 8-again is worthless in spellcasting.
>>
>>48524732
>Enhancing physical capabilities
Skills are not physical capabilities under dualism. Like I said, they can grant bonuses fine, representing using the skills with your physical body, just not the actual dots. Difference being that dots represent knowledge and understanding and apply to Mundras, but bonuses on skill rolls do not.

>>48524732
>Spell slots
>hold six things in your two hands
Both possible and easy with the right circuimstances. Trivial with magic. You can pass spell control to a Sleepwalker or suck it up and pay the Willpower Dot. 8-again on the primary mechanic of the game is amazing, given that every exceptional gives you a condition and therefore a beat.
>>
>>48524890
>Difference being that dots represent knowledge and understanding and apply to Mundras, but bonuses on skill rolls do not.
That isn't really a reason for why Life shouldn't be able to, say, give Survival or Brawl dots by enhancing your instincts. Just because it applies to Mudras doesn't mean its solely the domain of Mind. And if you consider it *only* as knowledge, then shouldn't animals not really have Skills?
>>
>>48524219
An investigative "puzzle". Not a block moving puzzle.
>>
File: TFV Suicide Squad.png (739KB, 1335x706px) Image search: [Google]
TFV Suicide Squad.png
739KB, 1335x706px
What are some good plot hooks for a Taskforce VALKYRIE game? Specifically one where the players are supernaturals sent to root out big supernatural problems and solve them, with TFV not really caring about their lives?

I'm starting to realize I might be bad at Monster of the Week.
>>
>>48525000
>shouldn't animals not really have Skills
Does CofD even stat them with skills? NPCs just get traits and general pools.
>>
>>48525239
What? Several NPCs get full sheets, it's just that some get pools. Rose released a full animal stat resource somewhere on the forums.
>>
>>48525281
The only animal NPC block I've found in 2e had pools. Does Rose's resource spell out if animals have minds? They have different souls from humans according to the Astral fluff. Will it ever get published or was it a dev hobby thing for 1e?
>>
>>48525374
Rose's thing was for 2e.
http://theonyxpath.com/wild-at-heart/
It's from back when 2e was still "chronicles" books.
>>
>>48525439
>no vice or virtue
Yeah, I think they don't have minds in the metaphysics sense. Life could totally give Animals skill dots, not that the distinction matters to them.
>>
>>48515829
Huh.. they really didn't include any guideline?
>>
>>48525374
>Does Rose's resource spell out if animals have minds?
Why would it even need to.

>>48525538
I feel like you're making weird distinctions.
>>
>>48525043

-A Cult is doing bad shit, and you need to go in before it all goes Waco

-A revolutionary militia is going to do something really, really bad. They're also armed with weapons from a timeline that shouldn't exist, and have a hunger for blood.

-A Werewolf protectorate is getting mighty close to a black ops site. Best to remind the wolves the meaning of "government property"

-Dopplegangers of major politicians and important figures in the military have appeared randomly around the country. This appears to happen every century, but this century's different. TFV is going to solve the mystery, and put an end to these dopplegangers for good.
>>
>>48525626
>-A Cult is doing bad shit, and you need to go in before it all goes Waco
That was actually my first thought. Have them go undercover in the cult for a week or two and stop the shit that might go down.
>>
Promethean Hype!
Promethean Hype!~
Gotta have a little Promethean Hype!
Promethean is coming out soon, so Promethean Hype!
>>
File: ok.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
>>48525613
Animals are in the purview of Life
Thought and memory are in the purview of Mind
Animal and human souls are distinct
CofD has an objective mind-body dualism for humans but doesn't cover animals

Besides, using Life to affect their mind is leveraging the Lie to get what you want

This isn't moving anywhere, so let's just stop. Thanks for the animal stats link!

>>48525706
Now if there was anyone in this half-horse town that wanted to play it...
>>
>>48525811
You do know that Mind can control animals too, right? Hell, Life can control people! I feel like you're misunderstanding just how the mind-body dualism thing works. And none of that really has anything to do with the Soul.

But you're definitely right that it won't go anywhere...
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-29+at+09.03.57).jpg (218KB, 860x885px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-29+at+09.03.57).jpg
218KB, 860x885px
Have you niggas seen this?
>>
>>48526241
Yeah, but it's WoD, so meh.
>>
>>48525706
I just wanna play as a Frankenstein D:
>>
>>48526252

>thread is in fact Chronicles of Darkness/World of Darkness General

Had to check double check.

I am confused.
>>
>>48526299
Chronicles still reigns supreme. The generals had been split for a while, but melded back together when both threads kept dying out.

>>48526241
These books have been available for ages. They're just raising mainstream awareness.
>>
>>48526419

I know they have been available for ages, but it's all of those books for $15 so on the likelihood you don't have them that's a good way or just rev up the ole torrents whatever.
>>
>>48526256
I thought Promethean was about playing the monster?

>>48526455
They've been available for ages, so there's nothing new. The content and discussions remain the same, save if new blood comes in.
>>
>>48526484
I think Frankenstein is one of the lineages you can choose from to play your character
>>
>>48526548
yeah. If i remember right they have lightening powers and are super strong
>>
>>48526484
>I thought Promethean was about playing the monster?
Knowledge is knowing that Frankenstein wasn't the monster. Wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein *was* the monster.

Also, I hate that pedantry because as his son, The Monster would be Adam Frankenstein, and calling people by their surnames is not unusual.
>>
>>48527740
Are Prometheans' creators playable tho?
>>
>>48528201
Prometheans are created by other Prometheans.

There are no rules for Demiurges because the only quality of a Demiurge is that they're insane and possessed by the Divine Fire, driven by the urge to create life.
>>
>>48528201
Sure
Most of them are Prometheans

Those that aren't are just people, for the most part. Maybe mortal alchemists, but those aren't 'playable' in 2e.

The problem there, is if you stick with the Prometheans for a while, you're eventually going to want to kill them. It may not be for years, but it's going to happen eventually.
>>
Dumb question. You can only have one familiar correct?
>>
>>48529517
No
>>
>>48529517
>>48529624
Yes. You can only have one Familiar. The Familiar bond is a special Manifestation in 2e, and in 1e you'd need the Additional Familiar merit.
>>
>>48529701
>You can only have one Familiar

Where does it say that?
>>
>>48529709
Where does it say you can have more than one?
Dave has repeatedly said you can only have one, for one.

And in 1e, well, there's an entire other Merit dedicated to "you need this to have another Familiar"
>>
>>48529797
>Dave has repeatedly said you can only have one, for one.

And when he puts that in a book that'll matter.

>And in 1e, well, there's an entire other Merit dedicated to "you need this to have another Familiar"

And apparently 2e intentionally removed it and failed to mention anywhere that you are limited to just one.
>>
>>48529817
>I don't care what the developer says, it doesn't count
Dude, why do you even care so much? If you want players to have more familiars, just allow it. If your ST doesn't want you to have more familiars, then a rule allowing it won't even matter.

It's a merit. Generally speaking, you don't get to take a merit multiple times unless it says you can or an ST allows you to.
>>
>>48529992
>It's a merit. Generally speaking, you don't get to take a merit multiple times unless it says you can or an ST allows you to.

>What is Artifact?
>>
>>48523228
2e or 1e?

Because 2e, I'm in.
>>
Is Princess any good? Or at least playable?
>>
>>48530235
Playable, but it's very out of place in the greater narrative of the World of Darkness
>>
>>48530259
Suppose the group just wants a goddamn magical girl game and isn't interested in much crossover with the world of darkness at large.
>>
>>48530341
Tell them to play Mutants and Masterminds or GURPS then.
>>
>>48529797
>Dave has repeatedly said you can only have one, for one.
Where has he said that?
>>
>>48523944
just look at the people who like it
>>
>>48530341
>>48530377
Magical Burst might be a better option
>>
>>48524155
>The "Red Pill" movement (mostly centered on Reddit's r/theredpill) is a misogynist inCel thing about how marriage and monogamy were created by a shadowy cabal of women to give women power.
as usual you're being ignorant
the term red pill (used to name this group) comes from the matrix, where the red pill would show you the ugly truth of the world
one group of chauvenists uses it to point out the bad sides of our traditional coupling system
other people use it to get the ugly truth about things
like changeling
>>
>>48530631
They shat in the pool for everyone. "Uppity" is a funny word but because you expect it to be followed by "niggers" you can't use it in polite conversation, even when it's applicable.

Changeling is fine stop looking for things to be shit and enjoy them.
>>
>>48530751
just because you're an ignorant bigot doesn't mean the english language has stopped working + growing
>>
>>48530067
a) "generally speaking".
b) Each Artifact is a different merit
c) I'm pretty sure 1e actually did mention you could take it multiple times
d) Guess you can only have one Artifact :D
e) again, we're right back to "does this even matter, you're going to do what you want anyway".

>>48530443
I don't know, I don't have a folder of bookmarked Word of Dave posts.

>>48530235
>>48530259
>>48530377
>>48530614
Princess is a pretty good concept, and while it isn't something that should ever be made official, and I wouldn't recommend it for crossover, it does a good job of fitting itself into the tone of the World of Darkness. If you're looking for a magical girl game and you like the World of Darkness feel, I'd suggest Princess, and going into it with the same attitude and mindset of Hunter: If you meet Vampires they should be seductive artists or sewer mutants, not political schemers or part of religious sects. If you meet werewolves, they're more likely to be tormented souls who howl at the moon once a month. So on and so forth.

You should keep in mind though that its a game inspired by Madoka Magica, Nanoha, and Sailor Nothing, not so much mid-afternoon viewings of Sailor Moon or badly dubbed Cutie Honey VHS tapes.

If you want something light and fluffy, then Magical Burst would be more the speed. If you want something high action and awesome, then Mutants and Masterminds.

>>48530631
And as usual, you've got poor reading comprehension and an inability to spell or type correctly. None of that refutes what I said. I'm also aware of what he meant, I was making a reference. It's a thing humans do.
>>
>>48530751
Here's your (You)
They shat in the pool for you.
You are not everyone.
Literally nobody else gives a shit about this except for you.
>>
>>48530751
>"Uppity" is a funny word but because you expect it to be followed by "niggers" you can't use it in polite conversation, even when it's applicable.
I feel like no one thinks that but you.
>>
Here comes Aspel ready to shit up another thread after a long night of doing nothing but shitting up his own life.
>>
>>48530631
>one group of chauvenists uses it to point out the bad sides of our traditional coupling system

Yeah. But they are the only movement using the term, so everyone is going to assume they are what's being referenced.
>>
>>48532889
I have also seen nazis, neo-monarchists and libertarians of alt-right using it too. It's not really limited to MRAs even if that's where it originated.
>>
>>48532922
Really? I see it drowned out by a specific sect of MRA's. But it might be that it's the only version of it that spread outside the US. Here in the UK RedPill means MRA.
>>
>>48532947
You haven't even looked at /pol/ on 4chan? Oh boy, you're in for a wild ride.
>>
>>48532967
Actually, no. /pol/ is one of the biggest far-right sites on the internet, so I keep away.
>>
>Its an Aspel makes everything about sexism episode
>>
>>48515829
I think the answer you're looking for is 'why the fuck am I letting a player make a Jupier-like gravity environment'. It tells you what the spell does for potency levels subtracting speed and physical pool penalties.
>>
>>48533006
>far-right
Alt-right

>>48533242
>It's an Aspel is asleep but everyone blames shit on them episode

>>48533308
For "Jupiter levels of gravity" that sounds more like an attack spell that causes the Immobilized Tilt.
>>
>>48533489
>Alt-right
Same fucking thing and you bloody well know it.
>>
>>48533576
Different kind of crazy, though the difference is really just academic, you're right.
>>
In Mage 2e, if you use your dedicated magic tool to negate two paradox die, does that mean you can nullify the effects of paradox completely or reduce it all to chance die whenever you, say, use more reaches than you're freely given?
>>
>>48533827
Chance die
>>
>>48530190

Cam someone explain the difference between 2e and 1e? I know that 2e was supposed to be so the game was fitted with CoD, but are the rules really that different that they wrote an entire different book? What's the big difference between nWod and CoD?
>>
>>48533827
As soon as you form a paradox pool, it's going to be rolling at least a chance die. There is no nullifying, only completely avoiding by staying within your grasp.
>>
>>48530190

I have the 1e books, sorry
>>
>>48534060
>nWod and CoD
NWoD was basically OWoD++. It had different lore but followed a lot of the same rules as OWoD to a degree, morality, losing one self, etc etc. CofD kinda says fuck that, we're going to do our own thing. So far it's been much different than NWoD, with divergent lore and much different concept.

Take Mage 2e, paradox isn't butt fucking annoying and more of an oopsie daisy moment.
>>
>>48534355
What?
Almost everything you just said is wrong.
nWoD was not just oWoD++, and it didn't follow the same rules at all, narratively or mechanically. It had some of the same themes, sometimes, but that's about it.

CofD still has those same themes of morality, losing oneself, etc etc, it just handles them a lot better. It doesn't say "fuck that, we're doing our own thing" so much as it does what nWoD did but better. Also, in 1e Paradox wasn't annoying, it was barely a concern and more of a meaningless extra step before you got to magic. In 2e it's not "more of an oopsie daisy moment", it's actually fucking meaningful and the mechanics encourage you to push for more and more Paradox even on simple spells.

>>48534060
It's not just the rules being rewritten. It's the core concept being refocused and the rules being massively overhauled. Think of it like a really good HD remake. The difference between nWoD and CofD is like Odin Sphere versus Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Or Metal Gear to Metal Gear Solid (which in many ways was just a remake of MG1, with many of the same story beats). Or Johnny Cash's Hurt. Or True Grit. Or Heat (which was originally a made for TV movie). Or Dredd, though that comparison is more like jumping from oWoD to CofD.
>>
>>48534499
>nWoD was not just oWoD++, and it didn't follow the same rules at all, narratively or mechanically. It had some of the same themes, sometimes, but that's about it.
It quite literally was.

VtR is basically a remake of VtM with new mechanics. Same terminology. Same humanity loss, not becoming a monster idea. 75% of the disciplines were the same until bloodlines got involved.
WtF was also in the same vein, half human, half spirit douchebags running around killing spirits and using spirit magic.
Mage was in the same too. You're a wizard that can't do magic in front of mortals because the universe will hit you. Only difference is magic's origin, human divine spark vs the higher planes of existence. 9 spheres vs 10 arcana.
>>
>>48534568
VtR is the most similar, but it's still radically different.
In Werewolf the good guys of the original game literally become the villains! The Pure are meant to be the Garou Nation! There's also an actual focus on the spirit world as more than just the source of your magic, and the themes are often directly opposed to each other.
Mage is the most changed, with completely different ideologies and outlooks. They are not in any way compatible. There are far more differences than similarities.

The change from oWoD to nWoD was much bigger than the change from nWoD to CofD. It's the same games, just polished and focused. Vampire is still about humanity and not becoming a monster. The core disciplines are literally the same as 1e. Werewolf is still the same concept, just handled better. Mage especially is the same exact concept, just handled much better.
>>
>>48534678

Someone didn't hear about what the original nWoD bibles were like. I wouldn't say that nWoD is oWoD++ but I will say that nWoD 1e keeps a surprising amount of oWoD's baggage for very little gain, especially once V20 happened.
>>
>>48534817
I'm aware that originally the nWoD was meant to just be metaplot agnostic oWoD. It ended up very different, though.
Vampire was of course the least changed, but even that is a massive departure.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>48535274
If you make it they will come
>>
>>48535274
Page 10.
>>
>>48534905

A massive departure? Not really. The main problem with 1e is that aside from the limited lines, it played things too safe. Even with early Mage and Werewolf, there was too much oWoD and not enough of its own voice to net instant appeal.
>>
>>48535880

sabon zare
>>
>>48535894
What language even is this?
>>
>>48536144
Hausa
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.