[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine and Hordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 27

File: BBSkarre.jpg (346KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BBSkarre.jpg
346KB, 600x600px
Smexy Convergence Thread.

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5e4p5
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk
>>
>>48509297
Old thread

>>48471251
>>
Weapon Attachment question. If the base unit has assault, does the WA? For example, Assault Kommandos/Flame Thrower.
>>
>>48509661
Is the assault being given by an officer, or is it on the card itself?
>>
What is Khador's best way to deal with a Dire Troll Mauler? I played a 25 point game against a Trollkin player today, and he had this guy. While admittedly he did get lots of lucky rolls, this Mauler still managed to solo both my Juggernaut and Marauder in 2 turns. And then the -1 damage dice Feat pretty much prevented any meaningful counter attack. I'm now terrified of this thing.
>>
>>48510282
It was the feat really. Though the DTM is pretty awesome as far as the hordes beatstick heavies go.

Basically, you gotta soften it up with shooting, find a way to slow it down, or piece trade for it. The feat makes piece trading for it quite difficult.

Solos like Alten Ashley are great. Grievous wounds turns off its snacking and regeneration while the gun deals d3+3 damage to any desired location. With 2 shots, you may be able to kill of its spirit. Without a spirit, the warbeast is not able to be forced and due to grievous wounds, the spirit will not be coming back.
>>
So has the Mk3 rulebooks for the different factions actually come out? Where can I find the revised rules for the factions themselves?
>>
I only just now noticed that she has a hostered gun. So it's Skarre 2, not Skarre 1.
>>
I want to get into Mercs, because I really like the whole history of Llael, Ashlynn, and all that. Would anyone happen to have the MKIII books with the actual faction information, and not just the rules digest, so that way I can see what the hell the changes to the faction are?
>>
>>48510781
The Mk3 faction books aren't out yet.
>>
>>48510481
If you want the revised model/unit rules, they're in the Faction Decks. Or War Room. Should be a download for the decks in the OP.
>>
>>48510810
Right, but the full Prime rulebook (i.e. not the free one off Privateer's site) would have that info.

Of course, it helps if I'm not a windowlicker and completely miss the last link in the OP for the Faction deck, as >>48510825 mentioned. That would at least be a start, until the hardcover is uploaded somewhere.
>>
>>48510781
download the old mk2 books and read up
>>
>>48509788
It's on the Assault Kommando card, under Leader &Grunts
>>
>>48511471
Do they just have the Assault advantage, or do they have something saying the unit gains assault?

Let me look real fast.
>>
>>48511471
Ok, so no, Assault Kommanders can't assault, because it's an advantage.

They do, however, have gunfighter, so they can declare charges with their flame throwers. They just have to make it into melee to make the spray.
>>
>>48511545
Assault Kommando flame throwers, that is.

So there might be confusion, and some people might say they can, because in Mk2 assault was an order, so the whole unit benefited from it. But now, in Mk3, it's a special rule on their card, so models without it can't use it(unless something gives it to them).
>>
Anyone have the new NQ to share with the class?
>>
>>48511559
Okay, thank you! I'm assuming I can charge my own units yes? If so, making it into melee probably won't be that hard >_>
>>
>>48511654
>I'm assuming I can charge my own units yes?

no
>>
>>48511679
Why not? I was under the impression I could target them.
>>
>>48511699
you can only charge non-friendly models now
>>
>>48511714
Humbug
>>
Ive actually got an idea. TWO squads of Cinerators in High Reclaimer or Kreoss2 lists. How stupid is that? Or how viable is that?
>>48510282
Whoa thats quite tough.
>>
BTW requesting Troll Deck.
>>
File: 1447024851608.jpg (115KB, 536x795px) Image search: [Google]
1447024851608.jpg
115KB, 536x795px
>>48512121
>>
>>48510497
It's "Pirate Queen", so Skarre1. PP might just have missed the gun.
>>
File: Kryssa1_75.png (146KB, 421x543px) Image search: [Google]
Kryssa1_75.png
146KB, 421x543px
on a scale of 1-10 how cuh-razy am I
>>
>>48512405
Idk. Angels are still retarded, they just lost the casters that used them the best.

What does kryssa give them?
>>
>>48512848
plus 3 strength on feat turn
>>
>>48509297
>Smexy

Jesus christ I haven't heard anyone use that word since I was a teenager.
>>
>>48513295
Well you really didn't hear him use it either.
>>
Could someone share Into the Storm novel in pdf. The one from OP does not open (other novels work fine).
>>
So I think a podcast just single-handedly put me off of ever going to a Warmachine convention. Crippled System just gave their girlfriends their own vagina-only podcast, primary topic being the WITC, and holy shit it's bad.

Like an hour of "hahaha vaginas", "we're going to complain about everything because we can't win games", and "MUH MYSOGGYKNEE", all constantly interrupted by shrill harpy laughs about every 30 seconds. The fact that these people and their inevitable dozen-strong pack of nu-male orbiters are going to be slumming around every convention waiting to ruin it for anyone who won't bow before their vaginal superiority is putting me off something fierce.
>>
>>48512320
Why do you say that? What did they miss? (apart from an opportunity to do a model for a faction that doesn't already have exclusive models)
>>
>>48513859
What are you even trying to say? If you don't enjoy a podcast, don't listen to it.
>>
>>48513859
The entire Muse on Minis crew are a bunch of huge bleeding Manginas, this isn't news.
>>
>>48513927
>What are you even trying to say?
These are the people that go to Warmachine conventions. Knowing that a vocal group of public figures in the relatively small community are literal feminazis is rather offputting.
>>
>>48513959
>These are the people that go to Warmachine conventions.
Yes and? What eman words did they use to trigger you bad enough that you had to whine on /tg/ about it?
>>
>>48513988
You seem to be the triggered one here. Are we not allowed to talk about the Warmachine community in Warmachine General anymore?

I apologize for offending your vagina.
>>
>>48513997
Am I? You can discuss anything WMH here. I just find it childish that you come here to whine over some or other podcaster saying something you don't like.
>>
>>48513988
>>48513988
Ok, now this might come as a shock since Warmahordes General doesn't actually play Warmahordes, but this is a two-player game, and if your opponents are a bunch of vapid cunts who are going to passive-aggressively whine because you're beating them (which obviously makes you a misogynist shitlord), it tends not to be very fun.

Now I might be going out on a limb here, but
>So I think a podcast just single-handedly put me off of ever going to a Warmachine convention.
leads me to believe that the point here is that an entire weekend playing against such people when you paid a ton of money to travel to a convention would basically be the worst thing ever.

I know reading comprehension is hard but I'm here for you, I've got a PHD or something.
>>
>>48514029
Great. You had your rant. Now take your gender politics bullshit and take it to some place that cares. Maybe /pol/.
>>
>>48514043
>gender politics
People being dicks is gender politics now?
People being sore losers are gender politics?

You're reading awfully deep here.
>>
>>48514029
if it isn't a phd, what is it?
and can i touch it?
>i'll be gentle

i would far sooner wipe some skoom's army off the table than do it to some quality person. hell, if i liked my opponent i might play in a more fun manner - ie kill you with my support pieces or something that is not a phd.
>>
>>48513859
Wow trigger warning
>>
>>48514029
Go back to Saudi Arabia, that cast wasn't any worse than any other new players cast.
>>
>>48514639
Quoted the wrong comment. You don't have to go.

You can stay
>>
>All these posts
Anons, chill. If you don't like a podcast, don't listen to it. If you don't like a person, don't hang out with them. Easy.

Yes, it's true, if you go to a major tourney or con, you may have to play against and/or interact with people you'd prefer not to. It may be someone with strong political views. It may be a rules lawyer. It may be someone who hasn't showered in 3 weeks. No getting around it, that's life. Sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like.

But at the end of the day, this community is big enough for everybody.
>>
>>48515236
fekn wot?
>it seems you have misclicked

but you get my upboat
>>
>>48515534
Reposting request from the other thread
>>
>>48515457
>fekn wot?
Hey, kids, look! A Guy Ritchie character.
>>
>>48515553
wish i could.
i need it too.
think he's close to unchanged. apart from points cost obviously. he is in current mk3 WHAC.
>>
File: 1469304804404.png (187KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1469304804404.png
187KB, 361x691px
>>48514029
Too bad most male players fit this description as well
>>
>all of this drama
>my local meta has no drama
>my national meta has close to no drama
This indeed feels Goodman.
>>
Cant we go back to taking about how bad Skorne is?
>>
>>48516186
>HELLO. I am a WHALE newcomer.
Hey, hey! I've been playing WarmaHordes for <1 year. LOVE the Skorne. Love Corn Flakes. Love Privateer Press's new Skorne Flakes pin. BUYING IT SOMEDAY.....

just saying HELLO to everyone....anyone out there want to meet a whale? I am calling out to everyone asking this:

"does anyone want to show off their skorne models? this is the place to do it! Show me some models that will make my brain pop!"

I like looking at others models, listening to their techniques and using the techniques for myself and seeing if I like it! post soon!

:)
>>
>>48512320
It was confirmed as Skarre1 already
>>
>>48515952
Biggest drama for us is realizing battleboxes are really imbalanced against eachother. We are lucky.
>>
File: colin-farrel.gif (4MB, 415x212px) Image search: [Google]
colin-farrel.gif
4MB, 415x212px
>>48516345
ohgod
>>
>>48513859
It's Crippled System, even if they showed up in strength it's like 10 people. Unless you're in their meta I like your odds
>>
>>48513859
It's stuff like this that makes me think we really need a place for just us guys to not have to worry about being confronted with different people or ideas we don't like. Some sort of "Safe Space."
>>
Posting 75 point list. Please tell me if trash

Tanith the Fealsong
Feral Warpwolf
Feral Warpwolf
Pureblood Warpwolf
Argus Moonhound

Reeves of Orboros x10
- Chieftain and Standard
Wolves of Orboros x10
- Chieftain and Standard
Sentry Stone & Mannikins

Blackclad Wayfarer
Lanyssa Ryssyll
>>
>>48517793
WoO are not great, sadly. They're squishy and don't really do much outside of minifeat turn. I could see a case made for them on Wurmwood because cheap souls, but for Tanith there are a lot of better options. You also don't really need a second feral. One is great, two is iffy.
>>
File: MalakovArt03.jpg (2MB, 1080x808px) Image search: [Google]
MalakovArt03.jpg
2MB, 1080x808px
Confirmed best warcaster right here.
>>
>>48517902
Is there a reason that guardman looks almost happy to be a meatshield?
>>
>>48517933
He's probably actually being saved by Malakov, given that Ed said he was using him as a meat shield.
>>
How big are those werewolf models?

I don't play warmahordes, but the werewolves look pretty good but I have no idea how big they are relative to like a coke can.
>>
>>48517997
About half the size of a can. They're on a 50 mm base.
>>
>>48517977
>Guardsman drops rifle as he's being shot
>Malakov making no effort to stop shooting and retreat
>Bullet trajectory means that they'd be hitting the warcaster if not for the poor chump in the way
>He's probably actually being saved
Yeah, no. This is Sacrificial Pawn: The Drawing.
>>
>>48518065
Oh I just saw the blasts on the dude's chest. Yeah that is the happiest human shield..
>>
>>48517902
Too bad his sculpt like gay as fuck
>>
>>48518130
I think it's just a little boring, not really bad. Some simple reposing should make it look a lot better.

Hell, given the stance, it likely wouldn't be that hard to mimic the picture.
>>
>>48518130

Is his new sculpt leaked?
>>
File: MalakovArt05.jpg (395KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MalakovArt05.jpg
395KB, 600x600px
>>48518206
>>
>>48518213

Oh.

Thank you though.
>>
>>48518213
man, super bland I hope this is just a bad angle and its better in person.
>>
>>48518213
All the new warcaster models have been kind of uninspired so far. I guess I'll just wait on buying Jakes until general release.
>>
File: Elara8.png (244KB, 754x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Elara8.png
244KB, 754x1011px
>>48518314
I don't mind the new Elara, there's motion to the model without getting too crazy. Super easy to put on a dynamic base and look good.
>>
>>48517892
What about now?

Tanith the Fealsong
Feral Warpwolf
Warpwolf Stalker
Pureblood Warpwolf

Reeves of Orboros x10
- Chieftain and Standard
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Tharn Ravagers x6

Blackclad Wayfarer
Lanyssa Ryssyll
War wolves x2 (iffy about these, but points)

I could also turn the stalker back into a feral, get rid of the wolves, and just take more Mannikins?
>>
>>48518337

Might be the best of the bunch. Menite looks alright though.
>>
File: Elara9.png (568KB, 790x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Elara9.png
568KB, 790x1023px
>>48518337
Elara has gone full waifu material.

Just look at that, beautiful.
>>
>>48518379
Double sentry stone is a pretty standard build, but I like war wolves with reeves on hard targets or things with tough. Ravagers are probably gonna be the weak point of this list, but they're still not bad, just gonna have to be careful that they don't just all die on the way in.
>>
File: Elara10.png (2MB, 975x1263px) Image search: [Google]
Elara10.png
2MB, 975x1263px
>>48518337
>>48518468
So Hungerford said Elara has Field Marshal [Retalitory Strike]. I don't get how that makes much sense for an assassin-y theme at all. Would have preferred Parry or Dodge.
>>
>>48518516
I hope she isn't assassin themed, Ret already has a shitload of assassin casters.
>>
>>48518530
She was raised in a cult where most Mage Hunter Assassins are trained. There's no avoiding assassin themes for her.
>>
>>48518516
>My weapon is more dangerous to me than my enemy.
>>
So do we know the rules for Aiakos yet? He should be out at GenCon
>>
>>48518546
I mean, in aethestics, sure, but on the actual table they can do whatever the fuck they want.

>>48518612
I assume his rules will hit in Gencon.
>>
>>48518612
>>48518752
Their rules should be updated on War Room on release day.

We only know few tidbits like
Elara - Field Marshal [Retalitory Strike]
Aiakos - Something involving Assault & +3 SPD (probably his feat)
Malakov - Battlegroup that cannot be knocked down, has Parry, and has Hyper Aggressive.
Durant - Manifest Destiny
Jakes - Field Marshal [Sprint]
>>
File: Elara3.png (124KB, 770x962px) Image search: [Google]
Elara3.png
124KB, 770x962px
>>48518568
The funny thing is, some of their weapons looked a lot better.
>>
>>48518516
>Perspective on the front blade is straight fucked
>Looks like its flat is facing the viewer
Hate to be nitpicky, but something so in the front of the image it's... pretty distracting.
>>
>>48518752
Isnt gencon today?
>>
>>48518568
The short story about her actually brings this up
>>
>>48518766
>>48518568
>>48518801
In the short story for Elara's background lore they explicitly mentioned that all the weapons used by the assassin cult were just as capable of killing their wielder as their target by design.
>>
>>48518793
Week off.

It's 4th-7h
>>
>>48518829
Muh Darth maul
>>
Elara2 has Field Marshal: Retaliatory Strike

is PP even trying to keep factions balanced anymore?
>>
>>48518875
How is that unbalanced?

Malakov is said to give his battlegroup steady, parry, and hyperagressive.
>>
>>48518875
more like are they even pretending to care that that is a goal of theirs. clearly not.
>>
>>48518897
That was not stated to be all from Field Marshal. My guess is it's a combo of FM plus spells or feat.
>>
>>48518925
That's why I didn't say Field Marshal.

I assume Hyperagressive is a spell, steady is a FM, and feat involves Parry.
>>
File: Pointless Screaming.png (660KB, 575x706px) Image search: [Google]
Pointless Screaming.png
660KB, 575x706px
>>48518875
>I know 1% of the rules of a group of characters
>Muh balance!
>>
>>48518379
Still kinda bad. WoO and Than are pretty terrible and aren't doing any thing in your list except also not seeing the point of the War Wolves when you could take a Feralgheist of Gobbers
>>
>>48518940
I could pray for FM: Parry

Doubt Steady would be a spell since Kozlov just dropped and basically has a spell that does the same thing, so that could very well be FM.

Hyperaggressive as a BG spell seems logical.
>>
>>48518962
War Wolves are cheap, have incredible threat ranges, and duo the gang benefit means they can put a decent amount of extra damage on whatever the Reeves shoot.
>>
>>48518951
you are a fucking idiot. you can look at a field marshal like that and then look at the nerfs to other factions and wonder what they're doing giving had of a legion feat, or a khador spell, as a FM. you don't need to see all her rules to think retaliatory strike with ret jacks and a clearly melee-focused caster is crazy good.
>>
>>48518875
>>48518904
>>48518984
Yea, I went through their list again, and the only jacks that do something weird with their melee weapons that isn't activation is Moros and Discordia, which do Shadow Bind and Paralyze respectively.

So the FM is good, but it's not crazy good. A heavy will survive the hit, an infantry model will already get to do the damage before they get hit back.

Why exactly is this broken again?
>>
>>48518984
Keep crying.
I'll wait to judge until we know what they do as a whole.

>>48519013
This. Also Hypnos is the one with Shadow Bind fists.
Retaliatory Strike is good but in no way more ridiculously good tan Jakes having FM: Sprint.
>>
>>48519064
Whoops.

But yea, about the most powerful use of this at first blush is for a Colossal to punch a heavy back and possibly take a system out, and Ret is hardly alone in being able to do that.
>>
>>48519097
Pretty much and I doubt Elara will have much synergy with Colossals. She was very hit and run on her Journeyman so I'm curious if that theme will continue into Elara 2.
>>
Yeah, not seeing how this is op. All the new casters seem kinda meh right now. Not all that surprising
>>
>>48519176
Sprint might give Cyngar a hit and run gunline caster, and they have the guns to make that insanely worth it.
>>
>>48519198
If I played Cygnar I'd be excited about Jakes 2. FM: Sprint has some real interesting possibilities to me. Especially with 'jacks like Ol' Rowdy who has free charges and Hunters who have Parry.

Ol' Rowdy with 3 focus can free charge, Tremor a group of enemies, then spend to smash whatever he can and frolic away with Sprint. Then if anything gives chase he has Counter-Charge.
>>
>>48518875
Not broken. At the moment there are only 3 model that can make it to good use.

Banshee, Moros and Hypnos and you don't want to play the last two only for the Field Marshall ability.

We will see how things shape, but I have a bit of fear cause Ret except for Rhan never had a caster that can set up a good personal run for caster kill.
>>
>>48519236
Hunters lost Parry, and thank god for that.
>>
>>48519280
I mean, the ability is nice. It lets her keep attrition up by hitting things that hit her jacks, putting some damage on stuff here and there.

It's just not obscenely broken in any fashion.
>>
>>48519284
Thanks, I did not know that actually. I only have Retribution & Minion decks.
>>
>>48519198
sprint doesn't trigger off of ranged attacks
>>
>>48519309
Eh, saying "hey WM, here is a field marshal that is half of a hordes feat" just feels like they're continuing to push WM out in front of hordes, capability wise
>>
>>48519335
Oh fuck, totally forgot about that.

Well then, hmm.

>>48519353
I mean, you can find that shit all over the place, doesn't mean much.

Manifest Destiny is basically half a feat in the form of a spell.
>>
>>48519398
sprint is still going to be good for centurions, rowdy, dynamo, ironclads, and stormclads, who can reliably kill something in melee. it may not help all that much though without a speed boosting spell.
>>
>>48519398
>sprint doesn't trigger off of ranged attacks
>Oh fuck, totally forgot about that.
The thing you're thinking of is Kraye. The shoot-and-scoot thing is his whole shtick. And it's apparently so good that he can't have a spell list or feat.
>>
>>48519822
because admittedly it is really good, but not so good to make him playable without the rest of a real warcaster chassis
>>
>>48519013
What this guy said.

I play Circle, so I've fielded a model with Retaliatory Strike a lot. It's... not very good.

It's better *now* that we can put it on the Woldwrath, who has knockdown on his fists, but that's about it.
>>
>>48518968
Amon has FM: Parry.

It's a thing of utter beauty.

I hope you dirty commies don't get it.
>>
>>48519979
khador has a thriving merchant class. there's nothing commie about it :P

>>48519931
but for the whole BG?
>>
>>48520112
Again, how is this broken?
>>
>>48520112
>but for the whole BG?

It would be ridiculously OP if paired with Batten Down the Hatches.

I doubt she'll have Batten.

Without seeing the rest of the card, it's not that scary -- if she's got some good battlegroup-wide melee defense tech, then yeah, it might be good.

Otherwise, I don't think it compares favorably to *most* of the other FM abilities out there: I'd take Parry, Unyielding, or Sprint as a FM any day of the week.
>>
>>48520236
Or even in the same faction... FM: Cleave
>>
I hope warlocks start getting cool field marshals too. Anyone notice how few show up in hordes? I think they could have rounded out a few of the warlocks that are almost there.
>>
I'm new as fuck, what are some good Khador units to look out for?
>>
>>48520764
Team Rocket = Winter Guard Rifle Corps + 3 Rocketeers
>>
>>48520853
Why?
>>
>>48521151
Cause they shoot everything. Add Kovnik Joe to make the package perfect. With Vlad1 they can easily take out 3/4 of a heavy per turn.
>>
>>48521151
they're premier shooting. with Joe they easily kill infantry. With a small CRA they start hurting light jacks. with a big CRA or things like pVlad or pButcher they can put the hurt on heavies.
>>
>>48521151
Thanks to premeasuring you can sit outside a units charge threat range and widdle them down and if they try to run into you, you just order them to hulk out and clean up.
>>
>>48518761
Hoping Andrei keeps Redline.
>>
>>48518761
Could be Field Marshal [Assault] and then the feat does +3 speed and something else. Assault is a field marshal on a merc jack marshal, so we know it can happen.
>>
>>48521927
Maybe he exchanges it for something like Mobility. Would fit the theme of these transformations.
>>
>>48522349
I see that on Elara
>>
>>48518766
E would probably have been the best.

I hope she's all about mobility and speed, not about being Garryth+tits.
>>
>>48518213
NKVD represents
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>48515553
>>48515597
2 parts
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48523197
>>
Parry on Malakov2 is part of his feat.
>>
is there a release date for Victor?
>>
Is it possible to make pyg bushwhackers worth taking? I can just never see a use for them
>>
Actually the details of Malakov are unknown. What is know that it isn't Hyper aggressive. Its more akin too enliven.
>>
>>48519198
>>48519236
Kraye already has FM: reposition 5, which is unquestionably better.
>>
>>48526602
Malakov2's feat is Enliven + Parry.
>>
>>48527020
Do you have anything to back that up or is that just speculation?
>>
File: 1422247268821.jpg (69KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1422247268821.jpg
69KB, 250x251px
>>48518468
>>48518516
>those eyes
>those hips
>that everything
10/10, would let her genocide my species for its hypothetical transgressions
>>
Suppose my friend and I tried to get into Warmachine a little bit in Mk II.
Suppose we had the Cygnar and Protectorate battle boxes from Mk II, and some of the units we thought looked cool.
What is the least painful way to transition into Mk III. Keep in mind, we only played a few games and only against each other.
>>
>>48518468
is superior to >>48518516

but PP is really hit or miss with faces, so it might be a blessing for the one with goggles
>>
>>48528058
Im just hoping for Alt heads like they have started to do.
>>
>>48527995
keep doing what you are doing and maybe pick up a jack or two to compensate for the increased jack points casters get. MK 3 isn't super different at the core levels of gameplay.
>>
So an anon on /v/ got me curious about the game.

My group plays 40k, AoS and is working on their 30k armies so I can't talk them into starting this without having models already.

I'm interested in the Protectorate of Menoth as my own army, and I think I'd need a second army to use as a loaner.

I guess the question I have is what boxes I should I pick up?
>>
File: Vindictus1_75.png (172KB, 421x615px) Image search: [Google]
Vindictus1_75.png
172KB, 421x615px
Is having only a single heavy too much of a liability?
>>
>>48527051

We don't know that it's his feat, though it's probably a safe bet.
>>
>>48528642
That would be me.

What armies do you want? You can play any against one another. What sort of playstyledo you and your friend like? What interests you in an army?
>>
>>48528772
Well, I'll admit, I don't know much about how the game plays.

In 40k, I play Imperial Guard (a blob guard mixed with artillery) so if I could do something like that, that'd be cool. I find Menoth's aesthetic to be pretty nice.

As for my friend, he plays a massive blob tyranid army and Orcs in AoS.
>>
>>48528825
Artillery in this game isn't that effective, you'll be playing something of a combined arms army because you will need melee infantry to survive. However, Menoth and Khador are both good at the lots of infantry thing, and Menoth can also do elite unit spam instead of a lot of chaff units. Menoth can also support a warjack heavy style if you want to smash shit with giant robots instead.
>>
Anyone know where I could get some goat skull bits? I've looked everywhere on ebay and through various bit bins at my LFS and I can't find anything, I'm looking to use them for my soulhunters
>>
>>48528642
>I'm interested in the Protectorate of Menoth as my own army, and I think I'd need a second army to use as a loaner.

buy the old mk2 2 player box and you'll get a decent khador and menoth starter army.

you can just print out the mk3 cards for them untill you want to get the new faction decks
>>
>>48529101
BW's beastmen line has a few goat skull bits as part of the flag toppers for their standard bearers. I don't know how they scale though. They also dont have a mandible
>>
File: Hebridean 4-horned Sheep.jpg (101KB, 850x588px) Image search: [Google]
Hebridean 4-horned Sheep.jpg
101KB, 850x588px
>>48529101
http://hoardobits.com/cgi/hob/shop.pl?cat1=Skull&cat2=&cat3=&cat4=&page=&view=02142013-7-17

these are goat like
>>
>>48529101

Jason Soles deviantart has plenty of baby skulls, a fetus skull, maybe he has some goat skulls there too
>>
>>48529475
Ah i like these, do they have lower mandibles? If not they could look cool if i sculpted some fire for them to sit on
>>48529427
I'll have to keep an eye on ebay for these
>>48529543
sadly no goat
>>
I don't expect much from the new casters. PP has a bad habit of releasing only 1 or 2 genuinely good casters per cycle and the odds its Jakes is quite low based on her end state in Warmachine Tactics

Theres a lot of playable casters, but even for cygnar the number of scary ones can be counted on one hand, and three of those are haleys.
>>
>>48529677
i think caster developed near the begining of the edition cycle are better off than those that come later
>>
>>48529725
No.

The Forces of ____ casters for mkii were all fucking terrible. Around 3rd book is when PP fucks up the balance and go OP as shit, then it wanes
>>
>>48528924
Is wrong
>>48528825

Artillery is actually a pretty good use of points in several factions. The Menoth one is nice because it's a 4 inch AOE of auto fire.
>>
How is Bane Witch Agatha? I've been on the fence on buying the new battlebox because i literally don't need more slayer chassie jacks but i guess i could always just turn them into an Erebus and a Malice
>>
>>48530131

shes okay. not setting the world on fire, not doing anything crazy, shes just "okay"
>>
>>48530498
Looking at her card I'm not even sure what she's supposed to do got any tips?
>>
>>48530131
Like all the new BB casters, she's kind of a generalist, so she doesn't exactly have a super defined role.
>>
>>48531156
Basic warjack support role. Arc Node parasite onto something important and then hit it hard. Put hellwrought onto a heavy or character jack (retaliation on deathjack sounds fun).
Use her feat to overextend for a few extra hits or even assassination (pathfinder + parry from ghostly) and then snap back your jacks to a more defensible position or pile in even tighter.
>>
>>48529782
Cryx would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>48530131
Erebus is also very much worth owning. So if that's all that's keeping you, go ahead.
>>
>>48529782
What?

Almost all of the Mk2 Power casters were out of the Forces book.

eHaley, all of Cryx, Saeryn, Harby, eKruger, pretty much all the top spots were right from the start of Mk2.
>>
So, I'm thinking about getting in to Warmahordes with Ret. Should I start of with the battlebox, or buy stuff I actually want?
>>
>>48532145
He meant casters introduced in those books, like Vindictus, Strakhov, Grayle, Gunnbjorn, etc.
>>
>>48532145
I assume they meant the "new" warcasters from the Forces books- Sloan, Strakhov, and the like.
>>
>>48533540
Technically valid, but do keep in mind that Forces Of also introduced every MK1 model to MK2. So from a design perspective it makes no difference.
>>
how do I price models I want to sell?

Skorne all in one box and a fair amount of Cryx
>>
>>48533945
>Cryx
Unpaited: 80-90% store price
Painted: 70% store price
>Skorne
30-40% store price
>>
>>48533961
This is truth.
>>
>>48533961
Cryx jacks are magnetized, same price?
>>
>>48533945
I usually see people selling their minis for about 50-60% of MSRP. Regardless of being painted/assembled/magnetized
>>
>>48533996
Yes
>>
>>48534018

Same from what I seen.

Magnets and assembling is nice, but as a buyer they're risky since the previous owner could have fucked up, especially once plastic glue gets involved.

Same with paints. Unless the paintjob is amazing I will typically strip the model, so if a sell isn't priced for the amount of extra work I will do I'll usually pass.
>>
>>48532070
Venethrax and scaverous never really set the world on fire. I liked lich3 a lot, but he was kind of overshadowed by pSkarre. Goreshade3 and Denny3 were both great, but idk if I wouldnt call either of them 'stupid op'
>>
>>48535101
Venethrax was a great anti hordes tool but became one of Cryx's premier jack casters while still having some good anti hordes kit. I'd say he's even better then Mortenebra at this point even if he isn't likely to actually gain soul tokens due to his weapon's retarded ability.

I think Venethrax was underrated in Mk2 and still so in Mk3.
>>
>>48535101
Exactly my point.
>>
>>48535432
I don't think Venethrax is underrated in Mk3. I think there's an understanding that he's really good, but it's tempered by possibly futile efforts of players used to running 46 small based dudes trying to make that work again instead of buying someone new.
>>
>>48535432
Venethrax was definatly fun to play, but he was overshadowed by Terminus and lost a lot when warcasters lost the ability to contest. I played him a lot at the end of mkii after mobius came out.

That being said Venethrax is comfortably within the top 5 cryx casters imo. He is a blast now
>>
>>48536291
>venethrax
>fun
Was there anything fun about him that doesn't involve bad players? You camped and he did nothing for your force, or he died.
>>
Tried out Hexeris1 for the first time at my LGS along with like 10 Beast Handlers. Basically I now run 2 lists in the same manner I would in a Steamroller. I pick my list based off what faction my opponent is playing because one list is anti-Jack, the other is anti-Beast. Hexeris1 as you'd assume is my anti-Beast caster, and holy SHIT damn fucking shit son. My opponent was using Minions with Rask at the helm, and between my Cannoneer grazing Rask and Hexeris forcing him to cut for fury because I was stealing it, I just wore him down. My opponent also learned the downside of Wrongeye and Snapjaw in that if Wrongeye dies, Snapjaw vanishes. A Void Spirit basically one shot Wrongeye who had no transfers at the time, and a Nihilator mopped him up after he passed tough.

But like damn son Hexeris1 just felt so good. Using a Razor Wurm as an arc node helps to break the stalemate between our line of heavies was amazing. Having so many Beast Handlers also fucked with his fury management. I could also leave charge lanes to my heavies open but line the obvious with Handlers so that if he does charge, he'll take 2-3 free strikes which will put fury on his beast, effectively depriving him of attacks. Not to mention that a maxed out enemy beast anywhere near Hexeris1 is juicy as FUCK.

Honestly I recommend trying him. The increased number of beasts people run plays into him perfectly, and Beast Handlers are VERY underrated as an offensive unit. Death March on them is fucking hilarious since they go to MAT7 and the free attack they get also fucks with enemy fury. I'm probably going to go up to a full 2 max units.

His feat is fucking useless though now lel.
>>
>>48536676
I guess you've never used the reaper to drag in a hot angel, killed it on the charge, and then sprinted away with +10 focus and darragh wraiths bubble.
>>
>>48537452
how does drag work with counter charge anyway? Yes i get that you can reaper drag so other things can counter charge but for the reaper himself how does it interact?
>>
>>48537747
Is countercharge not only on "normal movement"? Id check the wording on it, because it doesn't make sense being able to push or throw someone and getting a bunch of out of activation charges off.
>>
>>48538307
It triggers on advance. So no pushes, throws etc, but Admonition would trigger it.
>>
>>48537747
Based on the +10 Focus part I assume he's referring to mk2 Fury-stealing Venethrax and not mk3 Countercharge-giving Venethrax.
>>
>>48537747
I was refering to mkii as cryx has no access to sprint and camping means shit all
>>
>Opponent is Warmachine
(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Cyclops Raider [9] It's there to snipe solos
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Gremlin Swarm [3]

>Opponent is Hordes
(Hexeris 1) Lord Tyrant Hexeris [+29]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Razor Worm [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Void Spirit [4]

Okay blog, what do you think? Morg1 is about as good as Skorne warlocks get at countering Warmachine. It was either him or Xerxis1 with a Cetrati brick, but the tendency of Warmachine players to run colossals makes me think I'll need a P+S21 Bronzeback. Hexxy1 should be self explanatory for facing Hordes. Vampiric Reaving is a dealbreaker, and being able to tease your opponent forward with an arc node Razor Wurm that's tickling his beasts and stealing fury is sweet.
>>
>>48540048
That Morg1 list gets shot off the table by any serious WM list. Sorry to say that.
>>
>>48540192
Please dear sir, provide me with a list that both doesn't get "shot off the table", while also being able to hold its own against jack heavy lists. Because frankly I don't think there's anything that can. Maybe 2 Cannoneers? I'm not going to bloat my list with shit support models like the Krea when I can just replace the heavy that dies with another heavy. Literally the only problem with gunlines in the entirety of Mk3 is Ossyan and his blatantly broken feat.
>>
File: IKDragonspawn.png (476KB, 643x609px) Image search: [Google]
IKDragonspawn.png
476KB, 643x609px
r8 my dragonspawn
>>
>>48540254
>Please dear sir, provide me with a list that both doesn't get "shot off the table", while also being able to hold its own against jack heavy lists
That's the problem. Skorne doesn't have such a list. And I don't think Skorne is entirely alone in that. You'll need to build a pairing around being able to deal with those lists and don't have the luxury to tech against Hordes (which is really unnecessary anyways).

And no, Ozzy isn't the only problem. Just the worst one.
>>
Newish player here.
What's the deal with the war room app. It has like no cygnar war Jacks in it. Do they show up if you buy the content?

Also I played a little Menoth in mk ii. My next purchase was Harbinger and Avatar. Are they still good or did they get nuked? People at my FLGS play l, so I was going to work on getting an army and getting in there but I don't wanna buy shit and get rolled.
>>
>>48540363
It's just horrible software in every imaginable way. Click the gear next to the warcaster.
>>
>>48540396
That blows. I used the faction deck in mk ii, but I had heard through the grapevine that mk ii was going to be a "living edition" with nerfs and buffs I mean erratta. War room sounded like the easiest way to stay ahead of the erratta.
>>
>>48540350
>Skorne doesn't have such a list
The Skorne who took 6th at Rocky Mountain Rumble ran a pair of Aradus Soldiers in his Morg1 list that he went 4-0 with. I love how it was the much hyped Rasheth that let him down. But literally the only reason I can see to run Soldiers is they're acceptable in melee, but have 23ARM against shooting because of Carapace. To be fair though the Soldier does have the highest P+S in Skorne outside of the Mammoth and still has 4 fury. I might magnetize mine up. I used the Sentinel in Mk2 for obvious reasons including DOUBLE POISON DUNK NIGGUH.
>>
>>48540789
Well yes. He had the valid matchups to drop that list into and probably also played well. That is in no relation to the previous discussion.

I agree however that the Soldier is probably the best anti-shooting tech in Skorne.
>>
>>48540909
Do you think Xerxis1 with a Cetrati brick would be better then? With a Krea following them around it's 15/22 with steady, tough, sacred ward, and mad damage output when a Soldier is 11/23. 15/22 has GOT to be able to resist serious amounts of shooting. Under feat they go to 24ARM which basically isn't getting cracked without serious commitment. I'm putting together a small shopping list for my next few buys and I'm really debating Xerxis1. It's basically Defender's Ward and his Battle Plans I want because they're hella sweet. If only I could retract my purchase of Naaresh
>>
>>48540611
war room is the worst way to record info for mk3, after the cards.

really it boils down to PP being incompetent at contracting for video games and apps. war rooms run off the same engine as video games. there's no fucking reason for it, all it does is drain resources and use a lot of memory
>>
>>48538307
I didn't realize that it only triggered on normal movement, kind of sad now that i can't just drag something then give it the good ol' Rodney King treatment. I haven't played since mkII so i'm trying to brew up something for a game this sunday and i was thinking of either Venethrax with 5-6 jacks or Scaverous dude spam
>>
>>48541041
Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Aradus are great anti-shooting tools. The problem is against lists that can pose multiple threats like Vlad1. If you bring two expensive heavies that he can't shoot dead, he can charge them under feat and easily kill them with cheaper heavies.

Or in short: Even with Morg1 the Soldier only threats 12" (11" versus Colossals and push-immunes). Against some of the problem lists that is just not enough.

Though I have to admit that I don't know how well that list can be jammed. So maybe that's a solution.
>>
>>48541354
>that it only triggered on normal movement
Advances. Not normal movement.
>>
>>48540254
https://twitter.com/ChainAttackJay/status/754727182216208384
>>
>>48540350
Maybe xerxis with Keltarii will be good tech.
With defenders ward they are 17/16 against shooting.
With a krea they are def 19 and immune to blast damage.
And with the feat they are weaponmasters. pow 10 weaponmasters, but they do have CMA. And they get an extra +2 to damage with Xerxis' battle plan
>>
>>48540789
As has been said several times, he was well on his way to winning with Rasheth, but died to an Mk3 gotcha.

He played fine, he just ran into an assassination that Mk3 created and he'd never seen before.
>>
>>48541364
I don't just want to jam though, I want to kill. At least enough guys to drop the unit's power to a manageable level. Nihilators seem to be my go-to murderous brawlers at the moment because even if just 2-3 get there, they can melt infantry. In a game I played today my opponent shot 5 off the table, then 3 of them proceeded to make 7 rolls of 7 in a row to reduce his unit to cinders. The best part was I had to roll a 6 to hit my own guy at one point and missed.

>Swordsmen
Low MAT and P+S. Sidestep is powerful, but Nihilators don't need a UA for Berserk. Penetrating Strike is kinda nice, but I want my infantry to handle my opponent's infantry first and foremost
>Karax
Can't tarpit without losing Shield Wall and their own average rolls aren't enough to kill Invictus without a charge they'll never be allowed to get
>Bloodrunners
Interesting purely because of Stealth and Apparition allowing them to stand in plain sight and still be a huge threat to shooting units. My next infantry purchase will likely be these guys
>Keltarii
Basically useless if your opponent doesn't bring shooting because of their woeful P+S10. I'm pretty sure a unit of Invictus with UA would still make mincemeat of them despite Keltarii being a "counter" to ranged infantry

All Skorne infantry are just worse Nihilators. Barring Cetrati.
>>
>>48541354
It's actually "advances", which is any intentional movement they make. So it's not all bad. Also Erebus+Venethrax is a cruel combo. Also inflictors are really good with him (and all cryx casters without stealth) :)
>>
>>48541605
Karax have a place compared to Nihilators for being blast immune and cheap.

And they don't use shield wall to actually tarpit, they use it to get there, if at all. Tarpits die, that's why they need to be cheap. and Set Def is a decent ability on them.
>>
>>48541660
If my Nihilators can claim 5 or more points of opponent's models than Karax, they're worth it over them as far as I'm concerned. That +1DEF is a huge deal when both models die to average damage rolls anyway.
>>
>>48541606
Erebus is cute with him. I run between 3 and 5 inflictors with Venethrax/lich3. The Inflictor is really the only non charachter heavy I consider in most lists.
>>
what are peoples' thoughts on the gun carriage?
>>
>>48541592
Anyone care to explain what that gotcha was or point me to where I can find out?
>>
>>48541977
Venny+Erebus are too much of a power couple, it makes all the other jacks jealous.
>>
>>48541149
So how is best way to record info?
>>
Can a Cephalyx Mind Bender use his adrenaline rush, concussion pulse, etc, through the drudges from a mind slavers unit, or only his own?
>>
Anyone have that mk3 faction power ranking pic?
>>
>>48543164
Psychic Projection says, "This model can channel spells through Grunts in this unit that are in formation, even if the channeler is engaged."
>>
>>48543483
sure, but if I channel adrenal flood from drudges, can I channel it onto drudges from a Mind Slaver unit, as those are also drudge grunts?
>>
Our Journeyman League will be going from 25 points to 50 points for the next round.

Currently my List is Kozlov, a Juggernaut, a Decimator, a Marauder, and 10 Iron Fang Pikemen.

I'm in love with Khador Jacks, so for the next round, my plan is to switch over to Karchev, get another Jack, and some Battle Mechaniks. Maybe it would techincally be better to get some Widowmakers and/or Winter Guard in there, but thats not really what I'm in this faction for. They can come later.

I'm very torn as to what Jack I should add next. My initial want was a Demolisher. It would get me some more ranged stuff with its Grenade Launchers, as well as get me a nice scary 23 ARM model I can stick in the center of the board.

Then a friend of mine tempted me with a Spriggan. Its more expensive, but its threat distance is greater, and it won't suffer from going down to 19 ARM when it attacks (plus has some anti-stealth utility).

Now I don't know which one I want. Luckily they are from the same kit so I can just magentize the arms, but for this league I have to pick one and stick with it. Which one do you guys suggest?
>>
File: erebus.png (751KB, 425x963px) Image search: [Google]
erebus.png
751KB, 425x963px
>>48542961
Call me retarded but i don't see any synergy with Venny and Erebus or why Erebus is being hailed so much
>>
How useful are Butcher3's arguses?
>>
>>48542056
Reznik1's character jack, Scourge of Heresy, can now make two out of activation full advances under him. So the jack has an extra 8" of non-linear threat.
>>
>>48543801
Aren't menoth character heavies speed 5?
>>
>>48528642
It'd be more expensive but if you really wanted to sell your friends on the game you could get a hordes army too. Sell them on the how the systems are different but work with each other.

Maybe pick up some circle stuff, that way you have the "agile, tricksy" Druids vs the "buff stacking steam roller" fanatical monotheists.
>>
>>48537399
You can use the special action on the Beast Handlers when they Free Strike?

>dem dubs
>>
Did the Cryxian Pirate post No Quarter 67 yet?
>>
>>48543602
Adrenal Flood says, "Target Drudge Grunt..." and not "Target Drudge Grunt in this unit..."

So, you can only channel from Grunts in the Bender's unit but Adrenal Flood can target any Drudge Grunt. Just like in MKII.
>>
>>48543663
If I had to guess it's countercharge with stationary on hit
>>
Beast heavy or Unit heavy with Wurmwood?
>>
Had a JML game against Malekus with cleansers. Next week will include assault kommandoes ;-)
>>
>>48543811
Scourge isn't.
>>
>>48544094
gotcha, newish to the game so wasn't sure if that was something I could do
>>
>>48543663
besides this, >>48544244 , he also has the stat line of a champion. Imo, all slayers should be def 14. Its funny how Erebus synergises better with Venethrax and Terminus than with Scaverous
>>
>>48545729

base def 14 is too nice for cryx. it would mean that mat6 would need boosts or buffs or engineering knockdowns or other such things to be able to kill them

no no, we have to kill the faction with fire. def 13 it is!
>>
File: 1414284112364.jpg (26KB, 265x308px) Image search: [Google]
1414284112364.jpg
26KB, 265x308px
>>48546462
>def 14 heavies with starcrossed
I'm good with def 14 on cryx but damn that shit is degenerate as fuck.
>>
>>48543786

They're pretty useful considering that they can romp around wherever they want without much fear of retaliation because no one wants to proc Vengeance for Butcher. They can hit absurdly hard with the Silence of Death change now too.
>>
>>48546523

What, you mean what circle orboros already has?
>>
So who would win in a fight

Toruk as he is right now, or the Devourer Wurm. Ignoring any interference from the dirt mystics or the dragon alliance.

and how would it change if Toruk was at his full strength?
>>
>>48547197
Wurm.

Toruk is corporeal. While he won't be destroyed by the wurm, his flesh will be torn to shit and he would end up as an athanc
>>
>>48547174
Plus they can have up to 3 non-caster dependant free charges, heal any aspect no prob, cant have their arms shot off or lose their movement grid.

At least starcrossed takes some amount of skill to pull of. Its p tough with an 8" controll bubble
>>
Oh shit you're right. I was thinking that any hit let you mess with fury points.
>>
>>48548216
Wait no I was right. Their weapon has inflict pain which states that any melee hit can mess with a beasts fury points. The action version is just there so you auto hit your own beast and don't have to damage it. So lining charge lanes with them is legit.
>>
>>48548305
For
>>48543971
>>
>>48543602
What does the spell read? If I remember correctly you can, though it really only makes sense with the buff spell thingy.
>>
>>48547197
>Toruk as he is right now
And how is he right now? Weakened? Or stronger than before? You are actually making a dragon fight a real god. Old and angry one.

Yet again requesting Trolls deck.
>>
>>48533945
Good luck selling those, there is a ton of 2nd hand Cryx and Skorne for sale everywhere.

Either expect low prices or hold on to them for a while and see if themes change anything.
>>
>>48547197
The Wurm. It's not even a contest. It's an actual god, the primal embodiment of uncontrollable nature and predation. Its very presence on Caen in Devastation caused massive storms and earthquakes across the continent and all it was doing was the equivalent of sticking its head through the door.
>>
I'm going with the Wurm, but I do think people need to remember that Toruk is on some level a god as well.

Many Lich Lords and high level spellcasters are in fact clerics, and they get their spells from Toryk himself.
>>
>>48551943
Toruk is not a god. He just portrays himself that way.
>>
>>48552000
What, exactly Toruk is is up for debate.

And in some ways, yes, he was a god. In the old books you could create a cleric that worshiped him, and you got spells for doing it. And his children, all barely a fragment of his power, were like CR40 threats.
>>
>>48552075
Infernals can give people magic, too. Doesn't make them gods.
>>
My current project. Still have a few things to finish such as the eye (and I put this guy together months ago so didn't notice until now that the head is on upside down, but whatever) and I'm still letting the apoxie sculpt on the base cure before I paint it.
>>
>>48552150
Infernals can grant people a form of arcane magic from a pact.

Toruk gives his followers access to divine magic by praying to him, same as any other god.
>>
>>48552613
Think you're arguing semantics with anon now. Seems like a demigod to me but dragons are quite a mystery. Even listening to Primecast doesn't clear up enough. I mean they're crystals that emit radiation and form bodies around them. Why? Why dragon bodies? Is it something in their nature? Is it just because that's what daddy did and they're compelled to do likewise?
>>
>>48515236
>Yes, it's true, if you go to a major tourney or con, you may have to play against and/or interact with people you'd prefer not to.

i prefer not to play with people who will be actively encouraging discrimination against me and will probably lie, cheat and deceive to discredit their ideological opponents
>>
>>48553100
>taking days-old bait
Ew.
>>
>>48553047
I mean, dragons are something wholly unnatural, it's better to think of them as outsiders than dragons.

And not really. The old D&D setting straight up had Toruk granting spells like any other god.
>>
>>48552613
>arcane magic
>divine magic

What's the difference?
>>
File: warmachine_fanart_by_thurosis.jpg (98KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
warmachine_fanart_by_thurosis.jpg
98KB, 600x424px
So I just had a chance to play Menoth in Mk3 today. I have been gone from the game for 2-3 years before this, but my spontaneous reactions:

Choir and Vassal are anything but necessary these days. I would say Choir is still good enough to keep in most games at their 4 man squad, not sure about vassals since they lost ancillary attack. Not sure if the ability to give a focus is worth.

Bastions and Cinerators seems absolutely worthless. I didn't field them in my battle but I can't see any way they are worth their points.

Vengers seems nerfed to hell and back.

Flameguards are A+, especially with Pyrhus. Their officer does not seem to be very effective any more, especially since command doesn't seem to do that much? The standard bearer seems entirely a waste of points.

With the new Jack points and Focus, I see a lot of uses for some of the really cheap lights that Menoth can field, like the Dervish. Seems like numerous Jacks are the way to go over quality Jacks, especially for Menoth that can buff them fairly cheaply.

Generally their buffs and spells seems nerfed, which was Menoths main stick in the past. Not really sure yet what they have been given to compensate.
>>
>>48553997
one is granted from a divine source, the other is received through other means.
>>
>>48554024

Oh yeah and Exemplar Errants seems new and improved with Assault, though not sure about their Seanchal.

Anson Durst also looks like a big guy 4 u and a real solid caster with a rare ability to give Menoth shit a speed boost.
>>
>>48553997
In Warmahordes? A shitload.

Divine magic was at first only granted by the gods, specifically Menoth and the Wurm. It was one of the reasons Menoth was worshipped, because between that and teaching man to build walls, he was their sole protection against the Wurm and his followers.

Morrow and Thamar can also grant divine magic, of course, but they came later.

However, during the occupation by the guys who's name I can't recall right now, divine magic was heavily prosecuted, and priests pretty much got entire communities murdered if they did anything to oppose the Ogroth, there we go.

However, Morrow's minions kept trying to help, and Thamar did something that granted mortals arcane magic innately, though what exactly no one knows. This was the big turning point, that and the invention of warjacks, and allowed the Iron Kingdoms to free themselves.

Menites still regard arcane magic as a pretty major thing to hate(Menoth teaches that he should be their only source of power, and that whole war and Menoth's general refusal to get involved led to the huge downturn in his active worship), and actively hunt down the users in their own territory to either kill or enslave.

And Ret believes that arcane magic is what is killing their gods(and there's a theory that Thamar sold the souls of the elves to Infernals for arcane magic thus their whole souless problem, but again, no one knows for sure) and that's why they have entire kill teams and portions of their army dedicated to murdering arcane magic users.

Like, the divine vs arcane debate is a huge deal in the setting.
>>
>>48554165
>Lost Pathfinder
>Improved
>>
>>48554196

Oh yeah I forgot they used to have Pathfinder. That's a bummer, but I'd still say they are very worth their points, you just have to avoid terrain more with them.
>>
>>48554177

Mankind is essentially an unthankful crybaby race that can't even properly thank the god that saved their ungreatful asses.
Remember that burning heretic mages isn't a sin and that all of humanity should kneel before Menoth instead of sullying their soul by arcane magic.

What I'm basically saying is fuck Cygnar and Khador, those fucking heretics and apostates.
>>
>>48554299
I'd rather be a fly ass lich over in spooky hawaii
>>
>>48554299
>Menoth can't be allowed to win against the Devourer Wurm, or the Caen's natural magic will die out
>The Devourer Wurm can't be allowed to win against Menoth, or it will come back and rape Caen to shreds

It's not easy being treesy.
>>
>>48555977
Fuck magic! Who actually wants the Devourer Worm to appear?
>>
>>48556087
Not Mordikaar!
>>
>>48556087
>Kromac and the Tharn
>Wurmwood
>Barnabas
>Half of the Wolf Sworn
>>
>>48556151
Wurmwood and the LOTF don't really count because they're aspects of the Devourer on Caen.
>>
File: circle_orboros_by_andreauderzo.jpg (632KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
circle_orboros_by_andreauderzo.jpg
632KB, 595x842px
>>48556087
>Fuck magic!
That's the beauty of it, you don't have to pick one or the other, you just need to fuck with both sides enough that they stalemate for all of eternity.

True neutral, bitches.
>>
>>48555977
>Menoth can't be allowed to win against the Devourer Wurm, or the Caen's natural magic will die out

No it wouldn't.

The Circle wants to keep civilization from becoming too expansive because it fucks up the natural energy flow of the ley lines and shit which affects the Devourer Wurm's power. If that happens, it'll notice that and come wreck up Caen because of it.
>>
File: Warmachine-Tactics.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Warmachine-Tactics.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
So is Warmachine Tactics worth getting? It looks fun, and surely the bugs have been patched out by now?
>>
>>48556327
>surely the bugs have been patched out by now?
>>
>>48509297
Question for /tg/ warmahordes.

Are Circle, Legion bad now compared to Menoth, Khador, and Ret.
>>
>>48556527
Ret = Khador > Menoth > Circle > Legion
>>
>>48556527
Everyone is bad compared to Khador now.
>>
>>48556550
Feels good, man.
>>
>>48556527
Legion and Circle are probably on par with Menoth, and all three are definitely a cut below Ret and Khador.

Keep in mind that a large part of Legion's strength is the Hellmouth, and odds are fairly good its going to get nerfed when the errata hits.
>>
>>48556540

What did Menoth get that made them top tier?
>>
>>48556597
>What did Menoth get that made them top tier?
Warjacks.
>>
>>48556327
It's a decent game as it is now. Large on the file size but it runs smoothly enough and it looks nice. The gameplay is pretty good. The biggest issues right now are the NPCs need some major AI updates to be challenging in single player and they need to really get updates out a lot faster. It takes 6+ months for any meaningful content to release.

That all said the story isn't terrible and the multiplayer is enjoyable if ya got some online Warmahordes buddies to play wt with.
>>
>>48556619

But they always had jacks, and most aren't changed that much.
>>
>>48541776

The thing of it is, if the other guy has designed his list so that one, two units of single wound infantry don't get to him- those nihilators aren't getting to him. The same goes for Karax, but it's a more forgiving experience for them and even if they go down they've gifted four points to whatever is still around to make use of their sacrifice (maybe a mop up unit of nihilators, even).

But Nihilators aren't *over* Karax anymore. Karax are pretty much over everything else. That doesn't mean they necessarily crowd everything else off the table they happen to be on, but you shouldn't be banking on pure nihilator contacts these days- they happen when nobody cares enough to stop them.
>>
>>48556283
Is the Wurm's power not a part of where Orboros is getting their magic from though?
>>
>>48540297
not bad desu
>>
>>48556980
The Wurm is the soul of Orboros. Orboros is, according to the Circle, the physical world of Caen. While Orboros is sleeping its soul the Wurm, is off dicking around doing Wurm stuff. The Wurm, as the soul of Orboros, gets its power from Orboros (the blackclads also draw their power from Orboros due to an inborn connection with it). The ley lines are the flow of Orboros' power through Caen, kind of like its veins or whatever. Civilization can fuck with the flow of that energy, cities being built on ley lines and nexuses and that kind of thing. If that happens, it negatively affects the Wurm. If there's too much shit fucking up the flow of energy, the Wurm will take notice and try to do something to fix it (i.e., come to Caen and wreck up the place).

That is what the Circle is trying to prevent. They don't want Menoth to lose because then there's nothing to distract the Wurm and it can just go around wrecking shit all willy nilly. They don't want civilization or Menoth to get too much of an advantage or else the Wurm will come to Caen and wreck everything up (either to clear up the flow of energy or to wipe out mankind and deny Menoth more souls for his war on the Wurm).

The overall goal of the Circle is to maintain a balance to keep the Wurm from coming to Caen and ruining everyone's day.
>>
>>48557184

I think the theological trappings Circle has hung up around the Wurm are so much bullshit. The interactions we've seen and heard about aren't so much metaphysical as mechanical. The Wurm had Caen until Menoth-the-Hunter ran him into Urcaen (at Duhnia's direction to hear it), and is opposed there by active measures. When the Wurm manifested recently it wasn't because of some cosmic balance between primal and civilized forces, there was a goddamned hole what got drilled and worked on- physical efforts all the way, from multiple parties- not all of them even remotely civilized. It's just a *thing*.
>>
>>48557331
Ur- Caen is a real place that the Testament went to and walked out of. Souls are tangible things that Cryxians can lock in cages. In 3.5 IK if a Menite healed you, but you didn't believe what he did, you wouldn't be healed.

All the Iron Kingdoms cosmology is tangible as fuck.
>>
>>48557802

Exactly. I'm saying what form the sapient haibitation of Caen takes doesn't mean shit to the Wurm. The ratio of cities to tent-encampments doesn't signify at all in and of itself.
>>
>>48557883
More specifically, the druids fear that if Menoth becomes too powerful and begins defeating the Wurm in Urcaen, the Wurm will flee to Caen and end up destroying at the very least all of humanity in the process.
>>
>>48557883
If the cities are drilling into ley lines to get Warnock fuel and praying to Menoth but the encampments are ripping the hearts out of interlopers as blood sacrifice to the Wurm, I think it has a preference.
>>
So what's going to happen to Mordikaar, the Skorne warlock who was last seen being swallowed by the Wurm? Will he literally fistfuck the concept of death for a 2nd time and become the Reborn? That'd be intense as fuck.
>>
>>48557994
I think they actually said dead is dead because Skorne.
>>
>>48558170
>Take the first ever guy to truly defeat death
>A guy who has flavour text on his card saying that in time his name will become legendary
>Kill him off camera
Truly, playing Skorne is suffering.
>>
>>48558236
>Off Camera
Someone obviously didn't read Devastation
>>
File: macho pureblood.png (314KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
macho pureblood.png
314KB, 480x360px
>>48556200
>that warpwolf pose
>>
>>48558561
I read it and can confirm that it didn't contain any cameras.
>>
>>48558735
Its ok untill you realise he has no legs
>>
Could I get some advice from my Menoth bros on what to get to my force next?

I've got: Kreoss and Severius

10 Flameguards + Officer/Standard
10 Errants + Officer/Standard
5 Cinerators(hardly ever use these)
Crusader
Reckoner/Castigator/Sanctifier(got it magnetised to switch them out)
Repenter
Revenger

6 Choir
2 Vassals
3 Wracks

I'm thinking of getting either Anson Durst or Feora, a Dervish or two and Flame Bringers
>>
>>48560446
If you want to use the Flameguards get Pyrrus, otherwise I would recommend Idrians. Then probably some Redeemers. Which Kreoss and Severius specifically?
>>
>>48561451

Severius 1 and Kreoss 1. I actually got Horse Kreoss too(got it as a gift), but not sure if I want to build a gimmicky cavalry list.
>>
>>48561502
Vengers, sadly, aren't extremely good. Both Sev1 and Kreoss1 are very good. For Kreoss you can do an old fashioned pop-n-drop list with 1 Reckoner, 3 Redeemers, Idrians, and other support pieces, then just slam their caster with your feat, and shoot to pieces.
>>
>>48561528

I thought Idrians were considered very bad infantry for Menoth.
>>
>>48561558
Maybe in the past they were expensive outside of everything except for High Reclaimer assassination list. In Mk3, however, they've gotten quite the push. Basically they're the new Errants, but with CRA as always, and a modest price tag. If you look at Mk3 tourney results (admittedly with a limited pool of events so far) Idrians are very common in Menoth lists.
>>
>>48561616

What's your onion on units like Flame Bringers and Sisters of Flame?

Also, do you think Vassals and Choir are worth fielding these days?
>>
What's the best Caster to bring to Skorne from the other factions when playing the Traitor tournament?
>>
Anybody post NQ67 yet?
>>
>>48558735

He is the cream of the crop.
>>
>>48561967
It was in the last thread
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.