[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Right-Wing Fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 480
Thread images: 25

File: fireknight.jpg (50KB, 736x395px) Image search: [Google]
fireknight.jpg
50KB, 736x395px
You know, I was just wondering.

I've been reading a lot of stuff from Arc Dream, particularly Progenitor and Godlike - As well as the upcoming Godlike campaign, which is about black tankies fighting the Nazis.

Pathfinder and WoD have a lot of the pro-liberal stuff, and we've all seen how the Confederacy is a stand-in for evil in most game settings.

With that in mind, are there any settings which are predominantly right-wing? I don't mean racist, it's just that I really can't get behind the very liberal principles that have slowly but surely crept into a lot of gaming material. Sort of like how 5E has to state that your character can be of any orientation or whatever.

I mean, I'm just not really onboard with the whole thing. Are there any games with very conservative, very traditional values? Sort of like the opposite of Blue Rose? So far, the only one I've really found is Warhammer 40K.
>>
>>48499808
You could try making your own setting, but we all know that conservatards are not very creative
>>
>>48499808

Also, for a game about humans who become ubermensch by pulling themselves up by their bootstraps, you'd think Exalted would be very right-wing. Oddly enough, it isn't - There's a lot of weird sex stuff, and there are those freaks with weird pronouns in the recent Third Edition.
>>
This is pretty much entirely dependent on DM and how they choose to spin the world.
>>
>>48499808
>40K
>traditional values
It shits all over conservative values. What you want is MYFAROG.
>>
>>48499808
Because conservatism is inherently anti-fantasy.
>>
>>48499878
Alternatively, RaHoWa.
>>
Because you mentioned the Confederacy, there's a game called Dinosaur Planet where you play as traditional Southerners in space with dinosaur friends. Definitely plays up the idea of the 'Gentleman South', and the mechanized North is the major opponent.
>>
>>48499878

Not really. 40K is fundamentally conservative in nature. It's grim and dark, yes, but it's also refreshingly free of the weird pro-homosexuality stuff that's increasingly being pushed.

I mean, does anyone remember Aberrant? That RPG was literally written by a gay man with issues. Hence, nearly all the important characters were gay and infallible. (I'll add that the main villain, Divis Mal, was homosexual Aryan Magneto with the annoying twist that he was right.)
>>
File: bkub idiot.png (38KB, 499x338px)
bkub idiot.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>48499899
>40K is fundamentally conservative in nature
Have you ever considered that you might be of significantly low intelligence?
>>
>>48499899
>40k is fundamentally conservative in nature

I find it funny the /pol/ tard is assuming the conservatism is good in 40k.

It's a dystopian hell-future.

Do you think Baroque cruel Feudalism is Conservative?
>>
>>48499914

The issue isn't whether conservatism is 'good'. It's whether it's 'right'.

If there's a setting where the heroes constantly defend the shining white city from the hordes of illegal imm - I mean, orcs and demons - pouring out of the Middle Ea - FAR EAST - it's not a fun setting to live in, but I can get behind that.
>>
>>48499911
Ad hominem attacks against an opposing point of view. Typical liberal. You're probably a vegan too
>>
>>48499931
>If there's a setting where the heroes constantly defend the shining white city from the hordes of illegal imm - I mean, orcs and demons

Wat.

It's a bout a Dystopian Empire bravely holding onto it's facist grasp as it's own corruption seeps through the cracks.

I mean most of the "Heroes" in the Imperium are pretty liberal, like the Space Wolves, Ultramarines and Salamanders.
>>
>>48499968

They're still ubermensch enforcers of the status quo. The Space Wolves are extremely violent and brutal Vikings (Abnett version) or wolf-obsessed barbarians. Ultramarines are Roman patricians. Salamanders are noble tribal warriors turned into ultratech fire-obsessed blacksmiths.

I mean, sure they're nicer to civilians. But they still bring death to aliens of all stripes and are unbending enforcers of the Emperor's wrath. They don't fly the rainbow flag or undermine the war effort.
>>
>>48499808

I don't get it. Based on your description of what you think conservative values are, you're asking for a campaign setting written by a foaming-at-the-mouth bigot? I would think the more serious conservatives of /tg/ might take offense to these assumptions.

Supporting equal rights (or at the very least, a less intrusive government that just doesn't give a shit what goes on in its citizens' private lives) hardly seems incompatible with being conservative. There's no written rule that conservatives must go out of their way to suppress people of other lifestyles or beliefs.

>pro-liberal stuff
>Sort of like how 5E has to state that your character can be of any orientation or whatever.

I don't see what that has to do with liberalism.

And were you born yesterday? D&D manuals have consistently used "she" as a gender-neutral pronoun for ages. Not to mention that female characters are statistically equal to their male counterparts.

So, enforcing notions of gender equality are fine, but equality for persons of different sexual orientations is incompatible with your vision of what it means to be a conservative? Help me out here, OP.
>>
>>48499931
This post is so fucking witless that I can't tell the purpose behind it. It doesn't work as anything, be it actual opinion, bait, or false flag.
>>
>>48499995
>D&D manuals have consistently used "she" as a gender-neutral pronoun for ages

Big if true.

I'm surprised no one has been screaming about SJWs and misandry if that's the case. I guess the people that talk about PC culture are right; we really have grown overly sensitive as of late.
>>
>>48499837
>Also, for a game about humans who become ubermensch by pulling themselves up by their bootstraps, you'd think Exalted would be very right-wing. Oddly enough, it isn't - There's a lot of weird sex stuff, and there are those freaks with weird pronouns in the recent Third Edition.

Grabowski was very explicitly libertarian.
>>
>>48499994
>But they still bring death to aliens of all stripes and are unbending enforcers of the Emperor's wrath.

Space Wolves are notoriously unabashed in their hatred of the uncaring bureaucracy of the Imperium, and have literally come to blows with the Inquisition over the civilians they so rightly protect.

The Ultramarines are one of the most likely chapters to side with Eldar or even the Tau in times of need.

Salamanders destroy your idea of Ubermensch because the Godly space marines are not the peak of their family units, the elders are.
>>
>>48499808
So, a quick checkup on the definition of being conservative vs liberal tells me that conservatives are free market capitalists who value a limited government, a strong national defense and empowerment of individual responsibility and a focus on individualism, materialism and competition in general.

That sounds pretty much like most RPGs, OP. Honestly it just sounds like you don't like women and gays.
>>
>>48500034
It's because nobody really cared, we didn't see newsfeed after newsfeed saying "Move over boys, D&D is for women now!"
>>
Because history is about moving forward, progress.

Tradition is inherently anti-progress, conservatism is anti-progress.

This is the wrong side of history, why should you ever portray the wrong side of history as good?
>>
>>48500039

Yeah, but the Space Wolves still serve the Imperium. They're utterly loyal to it. They don't agree with the Inquisition, but when they stood up to the Inquisition? They lost. We explicitly see the Grey Knights tracking down the dudes from Armaggedon the Wolves saved, and killing them and everyone they met.

The Ultramarines still hate the Eldar and the Tau. They're arm's-length allies at best. They don't welcome aliens into their ranks. It's the dynamic where colonial powers would make native allies, but would be quite happy to give the poor bastards the chop.

The Salamanders are absolute rulers of Nocturne. Their family unit is the tribe, and the Promethean cult stands above all. They don't literally take orders from mortal Elders, you know. Sure they have affinity with their tribes, but their commanders are 100% Space Marines. There's no mortal input into the Chapter business at all.
>>
>>48499808
>pathfinder has pro-liberal stuff.

How does it have stuff that supports liberalism, pray-tell?

Cheliax may be nazis, but Andoren is just colonial America. Varisia is more akin to the south with pirates, shitty corrupt liberal and conservative cities, galt is a terrifying revolution addicted nation. Numeria is a tech-wasted wasteland. Taldor is spain.

The adventure paths are all up to the players and the gm, if it feels more conservative in nature or liberal in nature, then look around at your players and the gm.
>>
>>48500052

Hasn't that been Paizo and Magic's MO for a while now, though?

Move over boring white men, it's time to show what color can do?
>>
Lord of the Rings is pretty right wing.
>>
>>48500037
>Grabowski was very explicitly libertarian.

Wait fuck, I remembered wrong.

Grabowski:
>I'm not an anarchist, Tanuki. I'm a new conservative. Think Arianna Huffington and Andrew Sullivan. I am, however, flattered.

>White Wolf is actually a very diverse work environment, with several flavors of conservatism, several flavors of leftism, and several flavors of I-don't-care-and-would-you-all-shut-up. I think there were probably some outspoken developers who encouraged like-minded writers to express their politics in their work. I personally try to keep my writers pretty apolitical -- that's just required for the game. Exalted really only works when it's explicit that the only reason your character is looking heroic is because you're the protagonist. While I'm not shy about my own politics, I try not to let it color my work.

Hah! Remember back when Huffington was conservative? That's been some twenty years now.
>>
>>48499808
>I don't mean racist
Yes you do, you just want to not have people point it out to you.
>>
>>48499837
>being right-wing is exclusively about genital stuff and pronouns
how about you kill yourself
>>
>>48500075
The Space wolves are pro-Humanity, and humanitys best bet is the Imperium, the Horus Heresy fucked the Space Wolves over mentally, they basically refused to go back to being the attack dogs of faceless overlords.

Actually, on the subject of Eldar, Space Marines as a majority have learned "Try to be nice to them as best you can" because Eldar and Tau are the only nutcases willing to ally with humans and not stab them in the back 100%. Hell, there are stories of Grey knights saving doomed craftworld soulstones just to give them to the Eldar as a show of good faith.

Hell, the Entire Black library setup shows you're a fucking moron with Lexicanum tier knowledge.

Also, for the record, the leaders of the tribes on Nocturne are not the Space Marines, they stand apart from the hierarchy. Yes, they are the feudal lords, but they know nothing on how to run a single tribe much less a planet, same as the Space Wolves.
>>
>>48499808
I've been working on a setting where the elves and dwarfs have enslaved the orcs and eat their babies as a delicacy, but maybe that's not right-wing enough?
>>
>>48500099

Yeah...I just...being right wing isn't inherently evil but shit like:

>>48499931

>If there's a setting where the heroes constantly defend the shining white city from the hordes of illegal imm - I mean, orcs and demons - pouring out of the Middle Ea - FAR EAST - it's not a fun setting to live in, but I can get behind that.

Then you are getting pretty far into 'Racist' rather than 'Right Wing'.

I mean, to go on the Video Game front you have stuff like Reccetear. Which is 100% about Capitalism and using free market economics to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and achieving greatness you worked for. That's a very right wing sort of ideal but it's not taking shots at anyone/saying nasty things about anyone.
>>
>>48500081
>How does it have stuff that supports liberalism, pray-tell?

Have you *heard* some of the stuff that comes out of Paizo's mouth on their forums, or the way they've designed their setting?

One of the lead developers literally called women who have more than two children "breeders", and has openly boasted that women are every bit as capable of men in all things because Golarion lacks the "primordial sin of misogyny" quite like theirs.

They have a lesbian couple in almost every AP, and yet every time you see a heterosexual pairing they're either raw evil or the man died (sometimes seconds before the scene happens!) Transsexualism is not only a common thing in the setting, it's openly shoved in your face such as the lesbian tranny in Wrath of the Righteous. Every major country that isn't some decaying shit-heap is ruled by a woman, and every decaying shit-heap has a woman heir. Rulers are praised for their progressive qualities, and people who show signs of embracing their culture are sneered.

They literally have trigger warnings in Hell's Rebels because their Fucking White Male antagonist was kind of evil, this is the same AP that features the party discussing how to rescue Literally San Francisco from previously mentioned Fucking White Male in a Halfling-ran Starbucks.

Dude, go on /pfg/ and ask about the liberal agenda of these people, it's insane.
>>
>>48500144
Romans were pretty right-wing and theyre generally considered the "good guys"
>>
>>48500136

>Hell, the Entire Black library setup shows you're a fucking moron with Lexicanum tier knowledge.

Even the Sisters of Battle are involved in working with the Eldar on occasion and they are the definition of Fanatical. They worked with the Eldar to make sure that knowledge of Slannesh' true name was not lost so that the Eldar could have a chance to destroy him one day.
>>
>>48500140
>eat their babies as a delicacy
It depends on the amount of salt.
>>
>>48500147

Haha, I remember that. I remember how Wrath of the Righteous, when my group ran it, turned into an NTR story with the lesbian/transsexual couple entirely excised.

I mean, some of the shit was questionably and just mean-spirited, but shitting on the concept of the AP was great.
>>
>>48499994

>Every liberal is automatically a LGBTQIA+ supporter vegan hipster feminist bla bla /pol/ shitty memespewing

Suck a dick, I just like free market and I don't give a shit about people's sexuality or whatever. It doesn't faze me.
You americans have weird "liberals".
>>
>>48500144
lol u r cuck get redpilled fag!!!
>>
>>48500165
>Romans
>Right wing

You know in Rome the Government was the absolute?

Rend unto Caesars what is Caesars and all that.
>>
>>48500140

No, a right-wing one would be hordes of murdering, raping orcs constantly attacking the valiant free peoples, and the only true way to get rid of the orc problem is by genocide.

Ultimately the protagonists implement that genocide.
>>
>>48500039
>Space Wolves are notoriously unabashed in their hatred of the uncaring bureaucracy of the Imperium, and have literally come to blows with the Inquisition over the civilians they so rightly protect.

Ah yes, so unlike IRL conservatives who never complain about the Federal Government.

40K is immensely conservative.

Try writing up a list of things that are associated with "conservative," then run it past a conservative friend and have him hit you for each thing you added to the list that conservatives don't think of as conservative. Remove those things. The remaining list will describe 40K very well.

Tradition, faith, military virtue, patriotism, cobbled with a world-view that "we're right and the others are terrible people" (Hint: This world-view isn't exclusively conservative but conservatives also have it)
>>
>>48500186
And who was in the government? The wealthiest people of rome. Who all had businesses
>>
>>48500147
>One of the lead developers literally called women who have more than two children "breeders", and has openly boasted that women are every bit as capable of men in all things because Golarion lacks the "primordial sin of misogyny" quite like theirs.

Speaking of misogyny, it's funny I should bring that up because, for a setting that supposedly lacks the primordial sins we do, it's a world where misogyny still exists - not misandry of course, oh no that isn't a thing, because while you'll find *literally misogyny demons* they're all male and built around men or women being mean to women for their gender.

You won't find misandry demons, because you can't discriminate against men. Which is odd, because they have Hag Goddesses dedicated to spite and serviced mostly by women, and yet it never makes mention of them targeting men or being assholes towards men in particular.

>>48500176

That AP was such wasted potential oh my god. They had a very simple Good vs. Evil "fight the demons" story and what did they do with it?

Half the cast is gay, half of it. The other half are Literally Demon Sluts or haggard, tired assholes like the Queen. The story has battles within while fighting the war without, but how do they use it? Do we get fatal flaws and deep desires that the demons can use against you?

Oh no, that shit is whack, instead you get the gay black man's twink lover suffering from drug addiction.
>>
this is hilarious.

OP most fantasy is about litle guys fighting a big evil empire.

Also like, the evil gays like RPGs and want to be included too. You can still play 5e without gays, you don't have to follow what they write in the rulebook.

Then again you probs don't want anything to do with a company that supports the gays.
>>
>>48500208

There's a demoness who is literally made of shit.
>>
>>48499878
Nobody cares about your dumb game, Kristian.
>>
>>48500099
>Yes you do, you just want to not have people point it out to you.

>My political enemies are exclusively evil and I cannot imagine they have good reasons for their beliefs.

How's it feel, down there in Kohlberg Stage 3?
>>
>>48500200
Technically the equites had the businesses; the senators considered actually doing business to be beneath them.

They made up for it by individually owning more land than some modern European nations, but they didn't consider it a business.
>>
>needing to make everything about politics
why
>>
>>48500208
>>48500147

This is also ignoring Paizo's supreme obsession with Chaotic Good as THE BEST ALIGNMENT EVER, which is on-par with Eclipse Phase's obsession with showing how Anarchists are amazing.
>>
>>48499808

You poor bastard, Arc Dream is really bad about that. The Kerebos Club spoils the Victorian setting by having Queen Victoria prematurely put down the Indian Mutiny, and two of the sample characters (Night Hag and Orlando) are feminist self-inserts.
>>
>>48500222

No, he's been pretty racist in-thread. It's not really making assumptions. >>48499931
>>
>>48500198
>Everything conservative

>>48500046

Well according to this 40k is literally the opposite of Conservative and right wing, considering the Government is the absolute controller and there is little market for free people outside of maybe Rogue traders.

40k is actually a Totalitarian hellhole. The fact that you think that is Conservative is adorable.
>>
>>48500243

Not that guy, but I was looking for something with the worldview of films like American Sniper, Black Hawk Down and 13 Hours, where the 'other' is fundamentally alien, untrustworthy and often evil.

Like that scene in Legion where John Grammaticus has to infiltrate Mecca.
>>
>>48500186
Left vs right had nothing to do with how powerful the government is.

>render unto Ceasar
And what the fuck does the seperation of church snd state have to do with the price of apples?
>>
>>48500223
Just because they didnt consider it a business doesnt mean its not a business by todays standard. And no, equites did not take care of all the business in the roman world. A lot of senators owned quarries, gladiator schools not to mention they were granted farmland as soon as they became a senator.
>>
>>48500241
>No, he's been pretty racist in-thread. It's not really making assumptions. >>48499931

Might have been a different anon.

>>48500234
>>needing to make everything about politics
>why

Everything is already about politics. If you cannot see this, congratulations - your political opinions are so mainstream they just feel like facts. If OP has different politics, that might grate on him.
>>
>>48500198
I think you're confusing "conservative" and "reactionary". The conservative bloc in US politics has largely been taken over by reactionary forces, so it's an understandable mistake.
>>
>>48500259
>where the 'other' is fundamentally alien, untrustworthy and often evil
So xenophobic?
>>
>>48500260
>Left vs right had nothing to do with how powerful the government is.

Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>48500259
>Like that scene in Legion where John Grammaticus has to infiltrate Mecca.

Non-Muslims are literally not allowed to enter Mecca, it's illegal.
>>
>>48500280

You mean realistic?
>>
>>48500273
>Might have been a different anon.

Might have, yes but it's pretty consistent with the OP asking for games and responding to people talking to OP.
>>
Giving the benefit of the doubt that OP isnt as massive of a faggot as he's sounding and assuming that he really wants:

>An Us VS Them rpg with black and white morality
>nothing to do with blatant politics or identity issues aside from you identifying with your land and your need to protect it
>The enemy is not redeemable, and there is nothing at stake but the survival of you and your people

If this is correct, then it sounds like you just want a good ole' classic dungeon crawl and knights'n'dragons adventure.

>Or you can go make/adjust your own settings
>>
>>48499808
>>48499899
>40k
>any games with very conservative, very traditional values?
op,you are a special kind of stupid
why can't you just ignore politics in a game you play for fun?
>>
>>48500286

Well, yeah. He sneaks in while disguising himself as an Arab, using his psychic powers. Just viewing the depiction of their holy book makes him physically ill, as the entire culture is corrupted by Chaos.

Interestingly, the Imperial Guard forces fighting against them are Indians and Sikhs. Also, the ultimate weapon of the Chaos forces is a Black Cube, and they rely heavily on suicide bombings.
>>
>>48500260
Left thinks government should have more power in regulating economic and domestic affairs, right thinks government should be less involved in private affairs and should focus on protecting citizen's extant liberties and strengthening defense.
>>
>>48499808

You would love FATAL.
>>
>>48500281
Leftists run the gambit from anarchists to Stalinists and rightists from ancaps to Nazis.
>>
>>48500323
gamut
>>
>>48500291
>Might have, yes but it's pretty consistent with the OP asking for games and responding to people talking to OP.

I'm not gonna say you're wrong.

What I _am_ gonna say is, when the Anon explicitly says "not racist," I am going to take his word for it.
>>
>>48500293

>An Us VS Them rpg with black and white morality
>nothing to do with blatant politics or identity issues aside from you identifying with your land and your need to protect it
>The enemy is not redeemable, and there is nothing at stake but the survival of you and your people

The weird thing is that...none of those are inherently right wing. Right wing arguments often use them these days but the actual ideas are not really right wing.
>>
>>48499899

>Not really. 40K is fundamentally conservative in nature.

So that's why Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka was named after Margaret Thatcher?
>>
>>48500323
And do tell me what kind of rightist are you OP?
>>
>>48500338

I'm a bit cynical for that but I respect it.
>>
>>48500352

Well, I voted Brexit.
>>
>>48500308
>Left thinks government should have more power in regulating economic and domestic affairs

Right just nominated Donald "let's have more trade barriers" Trump for POTUS.

Left instead nominated Hillary "TPP sounds like a great plan" Clinton.

You analysis is not retarded, there are some overall trends in the direction you're talking of, but your analysis is simplified.

>>48500297
>why can't you just ignore politics in a game you play for fun?

Maybe he thinks his game will be more fun if it seems believable? I know I, for one, like games more when the mechanics and the setting match up.
>>
>>48500365
Brexit had literally nothing to do with a Right vs Left wing policy though.

It's pretty funny hearing a Britbong spout shit like an American conservative though.

You sure you're not a paki m8?
>>
>>48500308
The left is more than the democrats and the right is more than the republicans.
>>
>>48500344
Agreed, but like you said thats what people assume to be the case.

If any of this were a matter of fact we wouldnt sit here arguing over it now would we? Its all opinionated bullshit imo and I just wanna play a session already ;_;
>>
>>48500220
I didn't say it was good, I said it was a genuinely conservative game unlike 40K.
>>
>>48500365
>Well, I voted Brexit.

There are multiple reasons to join the trump/brexit group though. For example, I am mighty appreciative of the narratives of the lower classes that make them want to vote that direction - I, too, would be fucking pissed if, for decades, my culture had been polite society's idea of a punchline.
>>
>>48500352

This is actually a good question. The thing is, while I'm a conservative, I agree that some liberal values are acceptable. It's just that I don't agree with EVERYTHING the left-wingers spout, and I prefer Trump in the grand scale of things.

That one >>48500365 isn't me, at any rate. I'm not British.
>>
>>48499899

40k sure is the right wing fantasy alright. Who cares about low quality of life and endless war as long as there's no men sticking their peepees in the wrong holes.
>>
>>48500260
I'll never get anglo's politics.
>>
>>48500383
>Maybe he thinks his game will be more fun if it seems believable? I know I, for one, like games more when the mechanics and the setting match up.
>a game can only be fun when everyone is rightwing
what the fuck are you even rambling about
>>
Why the fuck are you people engaging this dumb stormfront fuck in this low level debate?
>>
>>48500349
And he is one of the most successful Warbosses ever. Clearly intended to be a hero for ork players. Brought about an economic miracle, reinvigorated an Orkish WAAGGGHHH that was dying out, etc... God I want to play an Orkish Senschal in Rogue Trader
>>
>>48500408
>Liberal values
>Acceptable

At what point do you consider liberal values not acceptable?

Gays not allowed?
Stem Cell research?
>>
>>48500349

There is a difference between "being conservative" and "liking the conservative party" and "writing a work that is conservative."

40K is very conservative. The values that will let you prosper in 40K are conservative values. Liberal values will see you dead or corrupted.
>>
>>48500383
To be fair, the TPP is pretty much a wild card. We know prior to Trump championing the crusade against the TPP, republican politicians were trying to quietly push it, while on the other side until Sanders started talking about it, the internal squabbling among the democrats about the TPP was being overshadowed by Obama/Clinton wanting it.
>>
>>48500419

I'm pro-abortion, pro-stem cell research, pro-civil rights, but I think BLM is full of bullshit. I'm also anti-immigration. I'm not actively opposed to homosexuality, but I think gays should stay in the closet or otherwise be out of sight of normal people.

I would be pro-gun control, but I think it's fucking pointless in America.
>>
Why would anyone play any game that is explicitly influenced by modern politics.
>>
>>48500448
Because they're huge faggots.
>>
>>48500444
Reminder that gun ownership and murder rate by state have no significant correlation.
>>
>>48500444
>I'm not actively opposed to homosexuality

>but I think gays should stay in the closet or otherwise be out of sight of normal people.
>>
>>48500428
Literally nobody but orks prosper in 40K, and only because they're virtually incapable, on a physical and mental level, of not prospering as long as there's somebody to punch in the face.
>>
>>48500444
You made alot of sense up until saying gay people need to basically be hidden away from public eye.
>>
>>48500448

I hate to break it to you, but all games are influenced by modern politics. Your values are shaped by modern politics, too. It's inescapable.
>>
>>48500412
>what the fuck are you even rambling about

Imagine, if you will, a game where the most succesful and happy people is the single-race fascist empire.

Moreover, whenever the multicultural coastal city is involved in the plot, it is always as a source of villains or foolish foils. All the Lawful Good heroes believe race mixing is wrong.

I don't know about you but I would think that was weird as fuck. And if I complained and asked for a more left-wing setting, and then you greentexted
>a game can only be fun when everyone is leftwing
then I would think you were being deliberately retarded. Of course you can have fun in a game that doesn't follow your policies, but you could have MORE fun if you didn't have to keep wondering how the fascists maintain a single-race empire without human rights violations.
>>
>>48500444
Would you be willing to accept the happy medium of letting gays be openly gay and not allowing people to deny them jobs/housing/etc, but we also don't actively celebrate gays like it made them any different or particularly special compared to everyone else?
>>
>>48500465

Statistics either way on guns are a bitch and a half to work out because it's so damn political with massive groups on both sides throwing all sorts of sponsored 'Studies' about. I'm about ready to give up on ever knowing for sure the actual statistics behind it.
>>
>>48500479

I'm saying out of sight, out of mind. You can do whatever you like, just do it in private.
>>
File: boy-at-lgbt-parade.jpg (66KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
boy-at-lgbt-parade.jpg
66KB, 640x435px
>>48500479
Pretty sure he's just condemning this
>>
>>48500502
Do you think the same for everyone?

Should feelings of affection be outlawed in public?
>>
>>48500502
Apply that to your /pol/ discussions on /tg/, fucknuts.
>>
>>48500502

So straight people shouldn't reveal it in public either?
>>
>>48500307
>>48500286
Wait did this actually happen I haven't read Legion
>>
>>48500474
>Literally nobody but orks prosper in 40K, and only because they're virtually incapable, on a physical and mental level, of not prospering as long as there's somebody to punch in the face.

Yes. Like I said, it is very conservative.

"The world is terrible but let us do as well as we can" is conservative. You may have heard of original sin?

"Everybody is coming for us, but at least we can give our lives for the emperor" is conservative.

If you stick with kin and kith against the stranger, you will live longer than if you allow the stranger among you. If you give yourself to God(emperor), you may die, but you will be spared from Hell, and before you die, your city will not fall to corruption.
>>
>>48500495

Only reason gays are actively celebrated is because it encourages ones who are in the closet that there's nothing to fear by coming out.

Which is something that will always happen forever because you're never going to get gays fully accepted by society, it's simply something that won't happen. Plus, trying to push homosexuality (especially among young people) is popular because it introduces "fresh blood" into the gay community, which has always fetishized the young male form and is always in desperate need of butts that don't have an STD.
>>
>>48500526
>Biggest hope for Humanity is the Black Library
>An Eldar and Human endeavor.

Toppest Kek.
>>
>>48500480
Do you know what the word "explicitly" means.
>>
>>48500481
Except this is what OP wants
>>
>>48500523

Yes. This is in fact the plot of Legion. The Imperial Guard are fighting in a planet where the culture is heavily inspired by Islamic civilizations.

This isn't an exaggeration. The Chaos-tainted culture's ultimate weapon is a Black Cube that is also a suicide bomb (it destroys the planet and warps the system) that is triggered by mass human sacrifice from kamikaze attacks.

The Alpha Legion, when it shows up, function as the equivalent of SEAL Team Six or modern US contractors. There's a firefight that is straight from any Iraq war movie, and the capital of the bad guys resembles Mecca.
>>
>>48500527
Or, the more logical action is that the Gay push is a reactionary force of years of denial and regressive action towards them.

Every "revolution" is a reaction.
>>
>>48500499
>with massive groups on both sides throwing all sorts of sponsored 'Studies' about

Food for thought about this: Which side has more money riding on it?

That side will be the one "sponsoring" more studies.
>>
>>48500514
>>48500520

No, straight people are the norm.

It's like how it's not normal to wear one of those terrifying furry costumes in public as you walk down the street. You keep your sexual fetishes to your private time.
>>
>>48500555
You seem to be reaching very fucking far with those ideas man.
>>
File: 45645634564.jpg (21KB, 316x395px)
45645634564.jpg
21KB, 316x395px
>>48499808
My friends and I are a incredibly far-right and have been playing DnD for years now.

We recently played a 5e banger which included restoring an old Imperial family to power against the democratic government. We also had a really fun campaign running political street battles against other political groups.

The thing with fantasy games is you can simply just create your own settings mate. Gaming in general has gone more liberal and less heroic but that doesn't mean you have to follow along.
>>
>>48500570
Black people are the norm of the world, does that mean whitey should hide inside?

How exactly do we measure a "norm" that we rigidly apply to our politics and structure?
>>
>>48500547
>Except this is what OP wants
Yes.

Congratulations, you uncovered the hidden motive that was stated in like the first post.

What you're not getting is that if you reverse left/right, this is what already exists (in the left-wing flavor instead of the right-wing). When OP reads the Waterdeep setting for FR, he is doing the right-wing equivalent of a left-winger looking through the fascist empire book and he is going "Who thinks this shit is realistic, or even fantasy-realistic?"
>>
>>48500526
You realize the Imperium, orks, eldar etc. are all satires of church, military, soccer hooligans, post-ska skinheads, rich elite etc.? Orks prosper not because the creators thought that violent idiots would be able to prosper, but as a joke on how they would need to be physically and mentally in order to thrive in a society built around their values. Basically orcs are about how dumb and removed from reality those real people are. The Imperium is an awful place run by awful people where everybody but a few live awful lives.
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87KB, 333x282px)
1431911115329.png
87KB, 333x282px
>>48500585

>tfw the Republicans in my setting are unabashed terrorists and smug, fart-sniffing assholes
>tfw they're also totally right and helping bring about change in a stagnant world.
>>
>>48500580

I'm not making this up. Read the book.

The scene with the Black Cube? It happens, verbatim. John Grammaticus literally says "They have an ancient Chaos weapon, a Black Cube. They are attacking en masse because they want you to kill them, so their deaths can activate the Cube."

When Grammaticus goes undercover in Mecca, he ends up being lead to an Alpha Legion safehouse, where the (unaugmented human) Alpha Legion operatives behave exactly like the main characters from a Call of Duty: Black Ops game.
>>
>>48500600
He's American, he doesn't really get 40k because 40k is really fucking British at it's core
>>
>>48500600
Yes

AND YET the game is still conservative. What, you think the left never makes fun of other lefties? If so, I have some Chinese anti-soviet propaganda for you to look at.
>>
>>48500621
>He's American, he doesn't really get 40k because 40k is really fucking British at it's core

Fucking >implying mate, its too early for the Americans to be on the board yet. I am not American, you're just bad at knowing what "conservative" means.
>>
>>48500597

In countries where black people are the norm? You better believe that if I was white, I'd hide inside.
>>
How about pretty much all the settings for GURPS?

Fuckloads of historical stuff for a start, with support for realistic historical people to heroes. That's pretty conservative; the progressive stance is that historical people (especially european men) were generally terrible and any hero in a historical setting has to be wildly anachronistic. Also, no revisionist history with transgender vikings and black amazons ruling the peaceful matriarchal society of carthage or whatever the fuck.

Infinite Worlds has a corporation as the default heroes and communists as the bad guys.

Banestorm has christians as generally the most heroic societies.

The magic systems often reference real-world hermetic magical traditions, which imply that the Abrahamic faiths are closest to the truth. Cabal makes it quite explicit that monotheism is basically true in their setting (which is sort-of also the Infinite Worlds setting and therefore the default GURPS setting).

Even Transhuman Space, which is at least superficially very liberal with gender-neutral pronouns becoming standard in english, the EU being the nicest world power, etc. has the muslim nations as generally the most evil, environmentalist terrorists and a pretty damn villainous radical feminist micro-nation.
>>
>>48500481

That sounds amazing to play in.
>>
>>48500646
>In neighborhoods where black people are the norm?

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>48500625

>AND YET the game is still conservative. What, you think the left never makes fun of other lefties? If so, I have some Chinese anti-soviet propaganda for you to look at.

But only leftist characters in 40K are the Tau and they are probably most nicest group in the Milky Way. What kind of conservative setting is this where the most funniest gang (Orks) are apolitical and the most nicest group (Tau) are commies?
>>
>right wing
>left wing

stupid jew dichotomy desu. what you're talking about OP is like, default, functional and innate human behaviour for a society - the natural order. the whole gay/snowflake/"progressive" vision of society is entirely built on the back of centuries of wealth accumulation from the conquests and advancements of (if they're white) their ancestors, and the consequential bourgeois living conditions brought about.

you knock over capitalism and comfy middle class gated communities and let liberal/social justice types live like the majority of humanity, now and in the past, they'll fucking die or shut up about their petty leisure ideology and get on with the real world
>>
>>48500663

The Tau are also wrong, however. Canonically, the Greater Good falls apart when it runs into the sheer horror of the universe they live in.
>>
I am amazed that some of you manage to live in a country where we just voted for exit and yet don't understand Conservatism. Like, at all. It's not about racism, sexism or classism, nor about anything like that. Those beliefs occasionally fall out of conservatism but they are not the goal.

I am going to quote from elsewhere:

>I propose that the best way for leftists to get themselves in a rightist frame of mind is to imagine there is a zombie apocalypse tomorrow. It is a very big zombie apocalypse and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be one of those ones where a plucky band just has to keep themselves alive until the cavalry ride in and restore order. This is going to be one of your long-term zombie apocalypses. What are you going to want?

>First and most important, guns. Lots and lots of guns.

>Second, you’re going to have a deep and abiding affection for the military and the police. You’re going to hope that the government has given them a lot of funding over the past few years.

>Third, you’re going to start praying. Really hard. If someone looks like they’re doing something that might offend God, you’re going to very vehemently ask them to stop. However few or many atheists there may be in foxholes, there are probably fewer when those foxholes are surrounded by zombies. Or, as Karl Marx famously said of zombie uprisings, “Who cares if it’s an opiate? / It’s time to pray!”

>Fourth, you’re going to be extremely suspicious of outsiders. It’s not just that they could be infected. There are probably going to be all sorts of desperate people around, looking to steal your supplies, your guns, your ammo. You trust your friends, you trust your neighbors, and if someone who looks different than you and seems a bit shifty comes up to you, you turn them away or just kill them before they kill you.

>>>continued
>>
Define right wing fantasy first?

Because if we go for "Authoritarian and fascist good guys" you have shit like wissen in anima which are not only germans and literally crafting ubermensch but led by the supreme leader all adore and pulled their hellhole from total poverty into the light.
>>
>>48500570
Honestly, I think all excessive public display of affection is disgusting, but I don't see why fags and dykes shouldn't have the same room as others. The same mind you, no fucking extra privileges.
The slippery slope isn't inevitable, the world isn't made off extremes, so it's really not endorsing anything fucked up shit like zoophilia or pedophilia.
>>
>>48500674

>Fifth, you’re going to want hierarchy and conformity. When the leader says run, everyone runs. If someone is constantly slowing the group down, questioning the group, causing trouble, causing dissent, they’re a troublemaker and they can either shut up or take their chances on their own. There’s a reason all modern militaries work on a hierarchical system that tries to maximize group coherence.

>Sixth, you are not going to be sentimental. If someone gets bitten by the zombies, they get shot. Doesn’t matter if it’s really sad, doesn’t matter if it wasn’t their own fault. If someone breaks the rules and steals supplies for themselves, they get punished. If someone refuses to pull their weight, they get left behind. Harsh? Yes. But there’s no room for people who don’t contribute in a sleek urban postapocalyptic zombie-fighting machine.

>Seventh, you want to maximize wealth. Whatever gets you the supplies you need, you’re going to do. If that means forcing people to work jobs they don’t like, that’s the sacrifice they’ve got to make. If your raid on a grocery store leaves less behind for everyone else, well, that’s too bad but you need the food. Are woodland animals going to go extinct as more and more survivors retreat to the woods and rely on them for food? That’s not the kind of thing you’re worried about when you’re half-starved and only a few hours ahead of the zombie horde.
>>
>>48500692

>Eighth, strong purity/contamination ethics. We know that purity/contamination ethics are an evolutionary defense against sickness: disgusting things like urine, feces, dirt, blood, insects, and rotting corpses are all vectors of infection; creepy animals like spiders, snakes, and centipedes are all vectors for poisoning. Maybe right now you don’t worry too much about this. But in a world where the hospitals are all overrun by zombies and you need to outrun a ravenous horde at a moment’s notice, this becomes a much bigger deal. Not to mention that anything you catch might be the dreaded Zombie Virus.

>Ninth, an emphasis on practical skills rather than book learning. That eggheaded Professor of Critical Studies? Can’t use a gun, isn’t studying a subject you can use to invent bigger guns, not a useful ally. Probably would just get in the way. Big masculine men who can build shelters and fight with weapons are useful. So are fertile women who can help breed the next generation of humans. Anyone else is just another mouth to feed.

>Tenth, extreme black and white thinking. It’s not useful to wonder whether or not the zombies are only fulfilling a biological drive and suffer terribly when you kill them despite not being morally in the wrong. It’s useful to believe they’re the hellish undead and it’s your sacred duty to fight them by any means necessary.

>In other words, “take actions that would be beneficial to survival in case of a zombie apocalypse” seems to get us rightist positions on a lot of issues. We can generalize from zombie apocalypses to any desperate conditions in which you’re not sure that you’re going to make it and need to succeed at any cost.

The end
>>
>>48500671

But everything falls apart when fighting against Chaos. What can stand against it? The Imperial Cult that was founded by the literal prophet of Chaos?
>>
File: 30m0391.jpg (16KB, 471x463px) Image search: [Google]
30m0391.jpg
16KB, 471x463px
>>48500570
>norm

Unless you're Sino-African-Indian something, take your inferior Anglo ways and depart from this planet at once.
>>
>>48500708

That's wrong, because the Imperium actually accounts for these losses. Sure, there's corruption and the enemy is constantly at the gates, but the Imperium limps on. Humanity survives and continues its death march, one step at a time.
>>
Conan the Barbarian of course and I'm very surprised it's not already mentioned.
>>
>>48500674
But anon, I voted exist because the EU is inherently a conservative government that ties people down with rules and regulations and dies our freedom.
>>
>>48499808
Your entire premise is based on the heavily skewed version of left and right from the USA, which has spent the last 40-odd years carefully shifting what their population believes the center is.

That's how you get accusations of liberalism against things many other political systems would label as center or right-of-center.
>>
>>48500664
Tyler Durden please.
>>
>>48500674
Defending the political idea is pointless in this situation.

The question was asked regarding "Right-wing" storylines in which the obvious response is, "Well, then just make one!"
>>
>>48500663
>But only leftist characters in 40K are the Tau and they are probably most nicest group in the Milky Way. What kind of conservative setting is this where the most funniest gang (Orks) are apolitical and the most nicest group (Tau) are commies?

1: The Tau are extremely conservative along may axises - strong military, strong hierarchy, no questioning your betters, strong faith (in the Greater Good) etc.

2: IN SO FAR as the Tau have liberal values - openness to strangers, expectations of coorporation - these are the exact values that will cause their empire to get fucking wrecked as soon as they meet real opposition.
>>
>>48500730
He's right you know.
>>
>>48500717

>Sure, there's corruption and the enemy is constantly at the gates, but the Imperium limps on.

But that's exactly what Chaos Gods wanted. The whole place is a cesspool that feeds them. Tau Empire maybe naive but I how many Gue'vesa Chaos Cults can you name? Because I can name dozens of Chaos Cults that came from the Imperium and from every level of society.
>>
>>48499808
Just play that Varg Vikernes rpg, I'm pretty sure it has ultra traditionalist values. The system supposedly sucks ass, but you can design around it I guess.

Unless this is bait, which it may as well be, in which case the first post killed it >>48499833.
>>
>>48499995
Isn't that what being a conservative is about? Preserving the status quo?
>>
>>48500737

It's worth pointing out that the Tau CANNOT lose because of the nature of 40K.

If the Tau ever lost to the Imperium, it's the end of them. The Imperium doesn't give chances. The entire faction would be wiped out, with worlds burnt one by one until Generic Chapter Master #58 kills Shadowsun, someone else kills the Red Comet, and everyone is put to the torch.

It's not like the kind of setting where the good guys go "Okay, they're pacified, we can stop hitting them now". Instead, they go "Okay, they're weakened, now we can wipe them out."
>>
>>48500754

Actually, why don't we have more games about the PCs being badass enforcers for the status quo? You know, ultra-cool Men in Black, enforcers, the dudes from Psycho-Pass et cetra. I mean, you could play as the Technocracy from Mage, but the game wasn't set up to be played that way.
>>
>>48500767
>Actually, why don't we have more games about the PCs being badass enforcers for the status quo?

You mean like every FPS out there?
>>
>>48500749
The author wrote Tyler Durden as a satire. I think the problem is that you're incapable of recognizing satire.
>>
Lovecraft (who was very right-wing and it shows in his work) did write few more fantastical stories even if most of his stories are more sci-fi. I'm not sure if there is RPG sourcebooks for his fantasy stuff (like Unknown Kadath) though.
>>
>>48500754
At its base, yes, conserving the traditional ideals of a given society.

Paladin's in most games are fanatical conservatives in that sense. Defending the tenets of Law and Order against Chaos and Evil.
>>
>>48500674
>>48500692
>>48500706
Did someone really write this thinking it makes right-wingers look good
>>
>>48500708
>But everything falls apart when fighting against Chaos. What can stand against it? The Imperial Cult that was founded by the literal prophet of Chaos?

You can be saved from Chaos only through faith in the god-emperor.
You can be saved from Original Sin only through faith in Jesus who is Lord.

You must also support and revere our Space Marines, who are BETTER than you, as they fight for you.
You must also support and revere our Marines, who are BETTER than you, as they fight for you.

etc. etc.

All the things conservatives think are good in real life are double good in 40k. All the things conservatives think are a problem in real life are double problems in 40k.
>>
>>48500767
Almost all RPGs are about maintaining the status quo, as is almost all capeshit. Big threat threatens to make everything worse, PCs set out to make sure things don't turn to shit, thus preserving the current conditions.
>>
>>48499808
>With that in mind, are there any settings which are predominantly right-wing
Imperium of Man
Literally the most popular setting on this board is exactly what you're asking for. Codices proudly proclaim the Imperium to be the biggest Empire the galaxy has ever seen, with zero-tolerance policies against anyone denying the theocratic dogma, and the citizenry being all the better for it, since demons actually come to get you if you step out of line
>>
>>48500779

RPGs, man.

>>48500787

I think you're not encouraged to do that, however. You can't really play a Paladin as a religious zealot unless your DM allows it. He's supposed to be more of a Paragon Commander Shepard.

You can't really be religiously intolerant or racist if you're a Paladin, because it contradicts the Good part.
>>
>>48500101
how'd you find you way onto 4chan? you can't even read!
>>
>>48500796

I think it's Scott Alexander, so not really.
>>
>>48500759
>It's worth pointing out that the Tau CANNOT lose because of the nature of 40K.

Absolutely, absolutely. If the setting advances there's going to be some kind of asspull that saves them, but more likely, the setting just won't advance.
>>
>>48500809
Wasn't 40k supposed to be satire at some point or is that a myth?
>>
>>48500814
>RPGs, man.

Dragon Age and Dragon Age: Inquisition are about you being a big badass trying to keep the status quo.

Same with Mass Effect.
>>
>>48500826
It's satire, anon is just an idiot, doesn't play 40K, or is a troll.
>>
>>48500814
>You can't really be religiously intolerant or racist if you're a Paladin, because it contradicts the Good part.

I disagree with this to an extent. A Paladin has no interest in trying to reason with the forces of Evil. When an Orcish Shaman leads an Orc warband on a great campaign, a Paladin has no interest in understanding their cultural reasons why and instead is focused on stopping the invasion at all costs.
>>
>>48500796
Yes, because it does. When the shit hits the fan, what turns out to be the undeniably best approach to the world? The right wing approach, because it will keep you alive while the left wing approach will leave you rotting in a ditch.
>>
>>48500796
>Did someone really write this thinking it makes right-wingers look good

No.

It was part of an article series about how conservatives are wrong. It's not meant to make conservatives look good, it's meant to make conservatives look like humans, with real human motivations that can be understood by other humans, instead of the slavering horde of neanderthals that liberal media often presents conservatives as.
>>
>>48500674
Actually in most zombie apocalypse scenarios, the military (usually the police is eaten first) are what are confining uninfected in small containment zones full of zombies, usually with rather horrific eventual breakouts of far-more-zombies.

The lots and lots of guns aren't a 'conservative' thing except by US standards. Originally, the idea of giving guns to everyone was viewed as basically extreme-left rebellion ideals, something one only does in order to ensure those in proper authority are put down in favor of anarchy. Of course, back then, republicans were the left-wing party filled with liberals that opposed the conservative regime... It's been a while.

For the rest, you do seem to have a bit of confusion, with claims like "having emotions is liberal". Pragmatism is not a liberal or conservative act. Acts of direct survival like emptying an abandoned grocery store is not "conservative" or "liberal", it's a far, far baser level instinct: We need food to live. However, if you're a group and start hoarding it for yourself because the leader should get more (a common issue in most of the right-wing spectrum but *ALSO* seen over in the equally corrupt extremes of human-run communism) you're not only endangering the group by reducing the effectiveness of your fighting-force, but also destabilizing the current situation by forcing others further into a corner... which could lead directly to a violent backlash (and is thus detrimental to your own survival).

>cont
>>
>>48500845
>Yes, because it does. When the shit hits the fan, what turns out to be the undeniably best approach to the world? The right wing approach, because it will keep you alive while the left wing approach will leave you rotting in a ditch.

But shit is hitting the fan and people are happily taking the left wing approach.
>>
>>48500849
A good point.

As I stated earlier my friends and I are all far-right leaning and have had many memorable campaigns in that regard. But that isn't to say we limit ourselves to playing "politically" all the time.

However, we had a lot of fun taking down a democratic republic and restoring the traditional Empire back into power.

>the Prime Minister was a shape shifting Reptilian

Hehe.
>>
>>48500841

That depends heavily on the Paladin.

After all, there are plenty of gods of understanding and redemption for Paladins to associate with.
>>
>>48500664
Right-wing and left-wing have existed well before advent of modern capitalism and wealthy middle class debating first world problems. In fact core of Right-wing vs. left-wing debate has little to do with things like gays and pronouns. It's more about economics and style of governance.
>>
>>48500841

True, but we still get into big arguments on whether you're supposed to spare their women and children. Personally I agree with Gygax, but you know...

>>48500872

See, that's the shit I'm talking about.
>>
>>48500814
> You can't really be religiously intolerant or racist if you're a Paladin, because it contradicts the Good part.
If your race and you religion are good, and other races and religions are evil, then being a Paladin DEMANDS that you you be racist and "religiously intolerant." How is it good to tolerate a race or religion that does nothing but rape, murder, steal, and generally tries to tear down any civilization it can get its hands on?
>>
>>48500872
Agreed, but this coincides with my original point. Fantasy games allow and even stress for maximum creativity on the part of players and the DM.

You want to destroy the democratic government and institute a Fascist one? Go ahead, let that be the story. You want to stop the Fascists and raise up the banners of Communism? By all means, do your best.

It should be limitless in motivational scope.
>>
>>48500884
>True, but we still get into big arguments on whether you're supposed to spare their women and children. Personally I agree with Gygax, but you know...

Well it depends on how you choose to play out Alignment. A Paladin in one of my campaigns had a very interesting Anakin Skywalker type fall from grace that he never even had an intention of following.
>>
>>48500869
And that's getting them raped, shot, blown up, and run down in record numbers.
>>
>>48500887

Generally most Good gods frown on genocide and so on. A Paladin is also expected to do things like fight honorably, spare captives who surrender, et cetra. I don't think you're allowed to go:

> "Kill them all, God will know his own."
>>
>>48500845
Could it be that different strategies work better in some situations than others and blindly clinging to an ideology at all times could sometimes be counterproductive?
>>
>>48500845
>When shit hits the fan you're going to want to be a Nazi because in this scenario I wrote to make Nazis look good Nazis win.

>Look you're going to want to murder people for being different from you and kill all the cripples holding you back and all that. Just extrapolate that to everyday life and Nazism makes perfect sense!
>>
>>48500915

Not really, no. When it comes to the survival mentality, some principles hold true.
>>
Listen my niggers I have to leave work now so I will abandon the thread.

I leave you with this comment:

Most creative works, certainly in the RPG sphere, have a certain cosmopolitan bend to them that is, while not liberal, very much anti-conservative.

If you don't see it, it is because it just seems normal to you.

If you do see it, that is because you either disagree with it (Hi OP) or because you have sat down and thought through the implications.

It makes perfect sense for OP to want a game where he doesn't notice the politics because they agree with his own.
>>
>>48500912

And yet they're still taking it with a smile, songs and platitudes.

It's working - they're dying in droves sure, but the left wing approach is absolutely shown to work. The natives are just going to get replaced by the immigrants.
>>
>>48500913
> Generally most Good gods frown on genocide and so on
Because most "good" gods in fantasy are written by liberals. There is nothing wrong with destroying evil, whether it is an individual, a race, or a religion.
>>
>>48500814
Depends entirely on the setting. In Gygaxian DnD, a Paladin is pretty much that.
>>
>>48500855
Not *everything* lies on that axis, no matter how many times Hannity says so. Many acts such as WASHING YOUR FUCKING HANDS aren't "conservative things the liberals refuse to do", what in the fuck is going on in your fucking head? "We get sick if we do that" is not part of the political spectrum. Fucking dogs and cats know not to eat the obviously-dangerous thing.

We don't HAVE "purity/contamination ethics", that's a fucking religious thing. We have guidelines, protocols and procedures based on established fact. The only place "purity ethics" matter are those pedo-baths in synagogues, where you take a bath as some nasty old bastard fucks your five year old boy, and GOD HELP YOU IF YOU EVER DARE COMPLAIN, BECAUSE THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY WILL STRING YOU UP.

Extreme black and white thinking is how the people in the movies get eaten. Only absolute morons (who deserve a little evolutionary pressure in the form of that natural selection they tell us not to believe in, or perhaps unnatural in this case) would stare at fucking zombies and go "you know, the left-wing in me says we should try to talk to them to settle our differences". NO ONE FUCKING THINKS LIKE THAT. WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS IN THAT FUCKING KOOL-AID?

And, really? "scientists are useless"? Sure, liberal arts majors and "gender studies" triggers(and that's frankly as much an insult to the term liberal as neoconservatives are to 'conservative'-the-economic-term) are useless; but they're already useless, not just useless in a fucking zombie apocalypse.

But the people who might be able to figure out how to end, prevent or reverse this stuff, before all that's left are those "big masculine men who can build shelters and fertilize the women" you seem to be fantasizing about are reduced to scattered tribals desperately trying to bash those evil things sent by the bad gods with what used to be a chemical-propellant weapon but is now ug's club.

Good gods, man. At least learn what 'conservative' even means
>>
>>48500937

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant in the OP. It's like...There's always this liberal bent to most RPGs that has become increasingly obvious to me. I'm kind of looking for something without that, so to speak, which is quite rare to find.
>>
>>48500925
Such as?
>>
>>48500927
>It makes perfect sense for OP to want a game where he doesn't notice the politics because they agree with his own.

So tailor the world to coincide with the way you want it.

If your DM is that partial and politically motivated I can't imagine it being very fun.

I'm far-right but I always include more cosmopolitan societies and movements because that's just a natural occurrence in every society, Leftwing or Rightwing - resistance.
>>
>>48500928
Then the left wing will die out and be replaced by immigrants who don't give a shit about things like "tolerance" or "inclusion."

That's proof that your left wing platitudes are nothing but self destructive bullshit. The people who believe them die and are replaced by people who don't.
>>
Try Price of Freedom. It's basically Red Dawn: The RPG. You can get a copy from the PDF thread.
>>
>>48500927
Maybe OP needs to sit down and think some more about what he does want because all he seems to know is what he doesn't want. And that is black people fighting Nazis, the Confederacy are the good guys and characters can only be straight, I guess.
>>
>>48500948

> Extreme black and white thinking is how the people in the movies get eaten. Only absolute morons (who deserve a little evolutionary pressure in the form of that natural selection they tell us not to believe in, or perhaps unnatural in this case) would stare at fucking zombies and go "you know, the left-wing in me says we should try to talk to them to settle our differences". NO ONE FUCKING THINKS LIKE THAT. WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS IN THAT FUCKING KOOL-AID?

But a left-wing guy would go "We need to save those people! They need our help!" or "We should share our supplies we them, we can't leave them!"

A right-wing guy would go "Fuck off. Stay away from me, or you'll get a bullet in the head. My supplies are for me and mine."
>>
File: 1469488810450.jpg (89KB, 1600x901px) Image search: [Google]
1469488810450.jpg
89KB, 1600x901px
>>48499808

> One Ring RPG
> Conan the Barbarian
> Anything based off of the Sword of Truth books
> Most fantasy/sci fi military adventure RPGs

Then again, my definition of "right wing" is "rugged individualism triumphing over anti-traditionalist collectivism," which includes almost any RPG that involves a small group of heroes triumphing over hordes of enemies.

The issue is, "Right Wing" is such a poorly defined term as it basically applies to anyone who finds hippy commie gender-bending cross-bashing collectivism objectionable, including people who have literally nothing in common, like libertarians and neo-Nazis, Christian monarchists and secular neoliberals, interventionist neoconservatives and noninterventionist paleoconservatives. There's not a single policy proposal or philosophy that every one of those groups shares, but for some reason they're put on a spectrum instead of a class system.
>>
>>48500968

Look out for yourself and your immediate buddies first, everyone else can go hang.
>>
>>48500980
>Then the left wing will die out and be replaced by immigrants who don't give a shit about things like "tolerance" or "inclusion."

Or, which is more likely, we get turned into a South Africa situation.

The liberal, third-wave elite live in heavily policed urban neighborhoods or gated communities while the sea of brown outside broils and bubbles with violence and controlled anarchy.

And all the while the gated natives, minorities in their own homeland, will say, "we didn't do enough to help them."
>>
>>48500912

Personally, I'm surprised that there haven't been violent reprisal attacks. If I was a Frenchman, I would pour chlorine on the bread that would be sent to refugee children, or throw a molotov cocktail into a mosque.

If I was a really angry young hooligan, I would pick up refugee-bashing as a Friday night sport.
>>
>>48499995
>D&D manuals have consistently used "she" as a gender-neutral pronoun for ages.
Don't know about pre-WotC, but I know in 3.x at least the pronouns followed the gender of the iconic character for whatever class was being discussed.

So monks are hers because the iconic is a chick named Ember, meanwhile clerics are dudes because Jozan is a guy.
>>
>>48499808

Isn't this just as bad, but on the opposite spectrum as people who insist on having a "left-wing" game or "LGBT friendly" game?

Holy shit, just run your game and make it whatever you want. Do you really need the rules to have a little blurb to reaffirm your politics?
>>
>>48500992
No one would think that about zombies any more than they'd think it about a pack of skeletons frothing at the mouth like rabid skeleton wolves.

However, actual, safe other humans are potential allies/meatshields/solutions/fuckbuddies/meat, and if shown to be safe it may be to everyone's advantage - yes, including yours - to share a bit.

Making sure the other side is safe however is not "right" or even "left". It's basic. fucking. safety. You're supposed to learn this shit in fucking school.
>If that guy there looks like he's being electrocuted, first make sure you won't get electrocuted too by trying to save him, otherwise we're left with two victims, one of which was a goddamn idiot

Making sure they're not and are not *about to be* zombies is fucking basic safety protocol.
>>
>>48500937
> Because most "good" gods in fantasy are written by liberals. There is nothing wrong with destroying evil, whether it is an individual, a race, or a religion.

> Right Wing RPG = An RPG where exterminating other races is morally good

Glad people are willing to just come out and say that's what the right is all about.
>>
>>48500992
Alright, now extrapolate that to the individual level. You've got people hoarding shit, infighting, a quick descent into a dictatorship run by the people who stockpiled the most guns and reduced the rest to slaves where the useless ones are bumped off.

Whereas the left-wing group of survivors would share things equally and work hard knowing that each and everyone of them is giving their all to make their party work and there isn't someone sitting at the top gorging himself while the others starve just because he got his hands on a gun.

I guess I can see why the other scenario appeals to right-wingers though.
>>
Is this Band? Did you start this thread?
It sounds like your usual dominionist racist idiocy.
>>
>>48501043
>Whereas the left-wing group of survivors would share things equally and work hard knowing that each and everyone of them is giving their all to make their party work and there isn't someone sitting at the top gorging himself while the others starve just because he got his hands on a gun.

Why is this a Left-wing dynamic? Do you think the idea of "community" existed merely because of "Left-wing" ideals?
>>
>>48501030
Wow, you're a cunt.

>Innocent people got killed, let's go kill some innocent people because they happen to look slightly more like the perpetrator than myself
>>
>>48500966
Call of Cthulhu and LoTR
>>
>>48501041
>Making sure the other side is safe however is not "right" or even "left". It's basic. fucking. safety. You're supposed to learn this shit in fucking school.
>If that guy there looks like he's being electrocuted, first make sure you won't get electrocuted too by trying to save him, otherwise we're left with two victims, one of which was a goddamn idiot

Except that the left is against even that basic level of safety precautions, because DAS RACIST. You've basically demonstrated that the right and common sense are the same thing.
>>
>>48501043

But in the first example, they're more likely to survive. In the latter, it's hit-or-miss.

Besides, isn't it not as clear as that? You'll have communities, just smaller, more insular communities (Armed to the teeth, of course.)
>>
>>48501042
They're also pretty big around here in protecting the sanctity of life, though.

I mean, granted, life begins two weeks before conception, ends at birth, and only starts again once you're a full-fledged member of the proper political party, and everything else should be stomped on as hard as possible because they wouldn't be getting stomped on if they didn't deserve it, but hey, life!
>>
>>48499808
Look, dude, it's not that the games have necessarily shifted left to an extreme degree, its that the cultural zeitgeist, at least when it comes to social issues, has shifted left. Assuming you're in the US, the liberals are winning the culture wars. People (at least those people who live in places cosmopolitan enough to have game stores) generally agree that it's alright for people to be gay. People generally agree that even if you personally think that pronouns are ridiculous or that someone can't be a "genderfluid pansexual," calling them on it is a dick move because their identity doesn't concretely affect you and it's their prerogative, not yours.

With that in mind, what you're looking for is an RPG written specifically to be conservative, or at least written primarily by conservatives so that the foundational thought behind the setting and game is philosophically conservative (and, judging by your post, specifically US-brand conservatism). Hate to break it to you fampai, but that's gonna be hard. Most of these teams writing these games don't specifically select on the basis of IRL politics, and even if they did, what do you think the market really is for "it's like D&D, but minus the line where it says your character can be gay"? Any "right-wing fantasy" that you get will be neo-nazi shit, because those are the only right-wing people who are frothing-at-the-mouth enough to specifically write games to reinforce their own politics, and not care whether or not they sell.
>>
>>48501068

The important thing is to let them know they're not welcome. Ideally, all of them would be discouraged enough to leave the country. We cannot pick out who's good and who's bad, so for the sake of safety everyone has to be driven out.

Only the ones willing to meekly endure abuse should be allowed to stay, and even then they cannot be trusted. We already know that moderate Muslims can just snap and become killing machines with very little provocation.
>>
>>48501068
> "Refugees"
> Innocent people

> People who rape, murder, loot, and mooch
> Innocent

This is what liberals actually believe
>>
File: 33763175.jpg (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
33763175.jpg
100KB, 400x400px
>>48501074
That is the most retarded thing I have read or heard all year, and I sat through a speech by Sarah Palin.
>>
>>48501096

Us vs. Them has been mocked so much in Western society that it's impossible for us to see the refugees as anything less than desperate individuals.

You can reason and empathize with the individual. You can't with the horde. The media has always made an effort in showing the horde is made out of people. See where this is going?
>>
>>48501079

Insular, less connected, smaller communities are more likely to get wiped out than larger, better connected ones.
>>
>>48501101
Just look at the absurd open boarders policy that the left is pushing and tell me that they have an concern for basic safety. When you're importing terrorists, rapists, thugs, and leeches by the boatload, no, you don't have any idea what basic safety even looks like.
>>
>>48499899
Wait, Divis was gay? Was he buttbuddies with Scripture or something?
>>
>>48501064
I think that when they defined what left-wing ideals were they included that.

>>48501079
>But in the first example, they're more likely to survive. In the latter, it's hit-or-miss.
I don't know about that.

See, anyone can write a zombie apocalypse scenario that justifies their views if people only act according to my ideology. But it's really nothing but intellectual masturbation reinforcing your own biases. Trotting out what you already believe and then going "and obviously this would help us survive in a zombie apocalypse".
>>
>>48501088

You're right, but that's also my problem with the left/right divide in American politics. Like, I understand where the Left is coming from, really I do. I just cannot agree with ALL of the stuff they're putting forward, because there are some things that feel like a step too far for me.

I dunno, man. I just get the feeling that this is going to end badly, because the extremes make people more and more divided and more and more crazy.
>>
>>48501095
>. We already know that moderate Muslims can just snap and become killing machines with very little provocation.

Judging by japan, so can agnostic men.

Or by Ireland, Catholics and protestants...
>>
>>48501124
> See where this is going?
Yes. It leads to the complete destruction of the west because the left is missing the forest for the trees. They're so concerned about the story the media has made up to make these people seem sympathetic that they're ignoring the obvious as fuck invasion that happening.
>>
>>48501095
This actually works against your interests. Scares away the people who don't want violence, vindicates those who do and encourages it. Like, fits in with forcing the east/west conflict, but not really sure you're going to win that one.
>>
>>48501095
You're not welcome. You don't realise it but you have more in common with the terrorists than most refugees.
>>
>>48501151

Yes, Scripture was his lover. It's outright stated in the Teragen book. Narcosis wanted to fuck Mal, but Mal is described as 'not the breeding type'.

Also, Ironskin Andy and his Ryu-clone partner are (of course) homosexuals. London Fog is a transsexual. There are probably a lot more.
>>
>>48501088
Actually I find the whole pronoun thing is a dick move by those using them. We use those, along with various terms, to define what we're looking at.
>That's a cat
>This is a golfball
>Those are some amazing breasts

All of a sudden some asshole's screaming that you're giving them flashbacks to that time they were napalmed in 'nam, for daring to go "that's a cat" when they decided everyone should see them and go "that's a big red ball".

It's duplicitous false-advertising at the least, and deliberately seeking of justifications for hostility at worst. A False-Flag pre-operation, if you will.
>>
>>48499808
>Right-Wing Fantasy?
D&D. The Quest A Tale of Witches was very conservative.
>>
You should try Dogs in the Vineyard OP. It's about being some kind of cowboy in the far west and protecting your people from the decadent old world and strange natives with strange morals you're invading. The setting has everyone goimg to church on Sunday and waiting until marriage before having sex, and the pcs are enforcers of that against the depravity of the outside world.
>>
>>48501179
> Scares away the people who don't want violence
Since we can't tell which of them "wants violence" and which doesn't (yet, until they get "radicalized in a few days and go on a killing spree), that's just the way it has to be.
>>
>>48501179

Not really. If the only ones who remain are those who are pro-violence, it means that harsher crackdowns are justified.

Ultimately, you want a scenario where Muslims are profiled the way black people are profiled because of the weight of evidence. Like, they're obviously up to no good.

The whole point is that if it's us versus the Muslims, we win the battle. We only lose if it doesn't come down to a straight fight. Unless Jesus really shows up on the side of ISIS as it says in their prophecies, in which case we can't really do anything about that.
>>
>>48499899

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you consider the setting deconstructing conservative mentality to be pro-conservative, the fact that you're ignoring the lesbian characters in the side novels, or the fact that you're actually threatened by homosexuality being accepted and acknowledged.
>>
>>48501200
>>48499808

Joker Quest is also extremely conservative.
>>
>>48501205
They wouldn't like it. It's *actually* conservative, which is not the level of off-the-fucking-rocker extremism the anon in this thread is demanding.

It's actually a pretty cool setting, though. I mean, we were all technically atheists or agnostic, and we all had an absolute blast playing it. It works.
>>
>>48500526

So basically conservatism = everytthing wrong with humanity.

Kay
>>
>>48501240

Well, the alternative is horrible corruptive death, so conservatism is a virtue in this case.
>>
>>48501219
>Ultimately, you want a scenario where Muslims are profiled the way black people are profiled because of the weight of evidence. Like, they're obviously up to no good.

The issue is that profiling people makes them feel more disconnected from society and thus makes them more vulnerable to radicalization in the first place.

It's a lot of why ISIS makes great inroads with young male muslims. They don't have a good relationship with the current muslim leadership (Which is more moderate but is also old men who don't connect much with the world) or with society (Which is profiling them as terrorists). So many of them go with the group that promises them inclusion.
>>
>>48501186
Shit, was any of that in the main book? I've been playing aberrant in Mutants and Masterminds for years, and we've had Divis as an asexual uberaryan.
>>
>>48501214
>>48501219
lol you gonna get stomped
>>
>>48501214
You don't get radicalised over a few days, man.

I'm pretty sure these are all lonely young men with feelings of inadequacy. If they were white and Christian instead they'd post on /pol/, and every once in a while one would shoot up a black church or an island full of leftists. People like that are at risk for radical ideologies regardless of religion or race. There's a deeper underlying issue that needs to be addressed here.
>>
>>48500526
>"The world is terrible but let us do as well as we can"
Is neither liberal nor conservative. It is not a political stance nor is it on that spectrum. Politics does not work this way.

>"Everybody is coming for us, but at least we can give our lives for the emperor"
Is not "liberal" nor "conservative". What IS conservative is a planetary governor *expecting* you to accept this mindset and jump into the grinder to protect her family's influence, but that quote up there is just the zealous semi-acceptance of impending doom of some very desperate people with guns pointed at them from both sides.

You need to begin by learning what any of the words you have been attempting to ascribe to various scenarios even mean, because right now you are spitting out political terms like a three year old that just learned the word "poop".

Which incidentally is what's coming out of your mouth and/or fingers with every explanation you seem to be so proud of giving us.
>>
>>48501263

That's very sad for them, but it's also besides the point. Until they can sort that shit out, we shouldn't allow any of them in at all.

Like, it's a tragedy that children have to die in Syria and so on, but terrible tragedies happen all over the world every day that we can do nothing about it. All we can do is to protect our own lands and our own people.
>>
>>48501274

Check out the Teragen book and Year One.

Ironskin Andy has a starring role in Worldwide Phase II, as well.
>>
File: 1464620825338.png (55KB, 281x355px) Image search: [Google]
1464620825338.png
55KB, 281x355px
>it's a /pol/ forcing their retarded opinions episode
>>
>>48501289
>That's very sad for them, but it's also besides the point. Until they can sort that shit out, we shouldn't allow any of them in at all.

Plenty of them are already in. They immigrated legally decades ago with family and have grown up in those countries their entire lives. These people still get radicalized if they are treated as if they are innately traitors to the country they've grown up in.

That's what's causing people to run away and join ISIS. It promises a sense of belonging that they are not getting from their countrymen.
>>
Acually there is one thing that right-wing has in common and that is elitism versus equality. All right-wingers believe in some sort of class order (whether in form of feudalism or money) while left-wingers want to abolish that entirely.

Nazis are bit of an exception to this, but not many even consider them to be truly right-wing (aside extreme left who think everyone who doesn't agree with them is right-wing) and I have seen nazis saying themselves that they're something like left-wing nationalists (hence national SOCIALISM) or third positionists outside right-left dichotomy.
>>
>>48501298
Well, I'm glad we never read the sourcebooks. Why does Divis Mal, who wants the propagation of his race, not actually try to have kids? Makes no sense.
>>
>>48499808
Nothing good because all right wingers creative energies go into their beliefs.
>>
>>48500186
>the late Roman empire was the only Roman government

Kill yourself
>>
>>48501289
>they need to sort out us alienating them
>>
>>48499808
Try Eclipse phase, its perfect for you!
>>
>>48501310

As a leftist who believe that elitism works, (I.E. You want career politicians to exist because they are the best at being politicians) with some empirical ability to actually determine if the elites one has picked are actually good, I disagree with your statements.
>>
>>48499911
He's a conservative, which is synonymous for the opposite of progress, meaning he's probably not a huge fan of learning. Of course he has a low intelligence.

>>48499899
In what sense? Homosexuality isn't mentioned to be a problem. Drug and alcohol use is regulated at bed in the Imperium. Transhumanism was big E's initial goal, which is the opposite of conservative. The most conservative thing would probably be Emperor worship which is given free reign anyways until weird shit starts happening.

bad bait but I still replied
>>
>>48501307
Actually what is causing people to get radicalized (both Muslims and Christians) economic depression. Mainly dropping wages and lack of jobs.
>>
>>48501352
>sarcasm
The Jovian Republic did nothing wrong, provably.
>>
>>48501373
Well, that IS kinda the whole point: With Emps dead on the throne, his Imperium almost instantly became a twisted, cruel mockery of everything he'd stood for.
>>
>>48501190
I think you're kind of assigning some kind of vast conspiratorial meaning to something that doesn't actually go that deep fampai.
>>
>>48501377

It's a combination of both (And a few other things) but that's a general factor more than 'What is specifically causing people to go to ISIS'. Economic depression is making basically everyone more vulnerable to demagogues.

Unfortunately, most demagogues tend to not improve the alienation issue.
>>
>>48501173

Liberal elites are concerned that destruction of the west will come from hysterical reaction to migration.
Redpilled 4chan experts are concerned that destruction of the west will come from black bulls genociding white cucks by their superior orc semen.

I think I'm with liberals on this one. Security issues should be addressed by the security apparatus of the state, and increased burden on infrastructure should be handled by state investment into it. Principles should not be first ones to be sacrificed when a country is faced with a challenge.

Muh rapist hordes would be easy to deal with if the loudest whiners were ready to actually work for good of their own nation with reason rather than with their emotion.
>>
>>48501369
But you still do believe in equality in some form like public healthcare or welfare state right? Only extreme left believe in full communism similarly to how only extreme right believe in feudalism or anarcho-capitalism.
>>
>>48501407
Right, which turned into a weird bureaucratic fascism with communism sprinkled on, not American conservatism
>>
>>48501377
Yeah, people quickly look for any reason someone's willing to give them that makes them feel they can "do something about it".

>our reckless deregulation and lackadaisical approach to businesses and corporations simply running away with all the money has made it impossible for you to provide for your family without actually changing the economic system in a way that would allow them to eat, rather we'll just tell you you're lazy and could do the impossible if you just put in more hours than the indian guy we hired for cheaper than your software replacement
Still depressed. Probably more depressed. Also potentially capable of leading to an epiphany that would put your head on his fucking pikes outside the city wall

>DEY DERK YER JERBZ
Gets people angry at other people, and you're just oh-so-helpfully willing to help them get revenge.... provided of course you get a little something in return...
>>
>>48501420

Here's a question. If the West was utterly and completely hostile to black people and Muslims, seeing them as monsters at worse and savages at best, would anything really change that much?
>>
>>48501420
>Muh rapist hordes would be easy to deal with if the loudest whiners were ready to actually work for good of their own nation with reason rather than with their emotion.
Or you don't let them in and then they don't rape.
>>
>>48501310
National Socialism was just a term invented to appeal to the disenfranchised and obscure what they really believe. Like Alt-Right.
>>
>>48501420

But if you don't let them in, you don't have any of these problems. It's not like you get any benefit from letting these people in.

These aren't rich immigrants, they're the poorest and most desperate people beating at the gates of the shining citadel.
>>
File: yeah okay smuggedy smug.jpg (9KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
yeah okay smuggedy smug.jpg
9KB, 190x190px
The political spectrum isn't as two-dimensional as that. It's not just "left" and "right", and all conservatism really means is valuing tradition for one reason or another. There's really no way to just flatly state "this game is conservative", because people can mean all kind of things using that word, all depending on their culture and time.

If we're to assume modern US right-wing values though, conservative ought to be anti gay marriage, less taxes, less government intervention domestically, more government intervention abroad and lax gun control. (This all relative to the rest of the civilized world of course.) It's basically just continuing on with the same stuff America has been doing for a while now and change as little as possible.

40k Imperium certainly fits the criteria in the sense that they're very much against any kind of change as well, though I have to question how OP can't understand that it's probably supposed to be satire... I think a better example would be if they somehow managed to portray such a stagnant society as something good, but that's a bit hard, given that we live in an age where progress is generally regarded as a positive thing overall.

Conservatism makes sense if you're religious, because the "holy word" can't be changed, as it's allegedly written by an all-knowing god. It also makes sense if you have rose-tinted glasses with regards to how you assume your parents lived, and think that "everything was better before". Lastly it makes sense for pessimists who think that humanity has already reached the top and the only way forward is down into the abyss, so it's better to stay completely still.

But again, very few people are 100% conservative. Most want progress, just at a slower pace than average. And again, left vs. right isn't necessarily conservative vs. radical, the terms are much too complex for that. (In fact, I'd say left vs. right is one of the most worthless descriptors.)
>>
>>48501469
Maybe less neets, depends on how the low end labour/service jobs get distributed. If they just get exported and maintained by globalized market violence, probably still terrorism and xenophobia, just more pronounced.
>>
>>48499808
sound like the Witcher
>>
>>48501439
It's not communism at all. It's the very religious extreme of authoritarianism, nationalism and xenophobia.

There's no communism at all, either, outside of the Tau Empire. What the Imperium has that sometimes might look like collectivism must be looked at with an understanding that if you're being fed for those 22 hour workdays you do (seven weeks per day, no less) it's because it was cheaper and more efficient to do that than to actually pay you some kind of living wage. Or in many cases, like the crews of starships, you were press-ganged, don't actually get paid, and ONLY get to eat and sleep where and how you're told, because you're actually all slaves, just sometimes with different titles since slaves could be expensive if legally actually slaves.
>>
>>48501469

That sounds like a question for this thread >>48488995

Hypothetically though, if we did not believe that all people are individuals that are free to make choices for themselves, and that every person is to be considered innocent until proven guilty, I'd expect that we would not be letting any in, shooting any that make an attempt and keep any that for whatever reason were allowed to stay in captivity. Perhaps, with attempts to domesticate (monsters) or educate and uplift (savages) them.
>>
>>48501493
>But if you don't let them in, you don't have any of these problems.

A lot of the people going to IS or committing acts of terror are people who grew up in the country they are attacking, often the children of legal immigrants or new converts.
>>
>>48501481
But it's still not very right-wing ideology because it's based on working class rather than ruling class like right-wing ideologies are. There also exists Strasserism which is a brand of nazism that's really socialistic.
>>
>>48501533
Surely importing more of these people that do all kinds of crimes will solve this problem.
>>
>>48501533

Exactly what I said. It just proves that letting any Muslims immigrate into the country - at all - was a terrible mistake.

Don't forget, if you let the refugees in and let them breed, you're sowing the seeds of your own destruction.

The only acceptable compromise is only allowing women and female children into the country, or allowing them to come in with the caveat that they must be sterilized. We can justify it with a "Surely the able-bodied young men are longing for a chance to fight for their beloved country, right?"
>>
>>48501475
>>48501493
Sexual assault and rape is predominantly perpetrated by people the victim knows, who are white males over 30. We should probably do something about letting them in.
>>
>>48501555

So when the IRA was a thing, Catholics/Irish should not have been allowed to travel?
>>
>>48501573

Weren't they on a watchlist?
>>
>>48501560
This is a completely different issue stemming from a different problem and adding more rapists only increases the rape.
>>
>>48501530
Hive worlds. Forge worlds. Requisition within the Imperium instead of capitalism. From each according to his ability and to each according to their need.
Pretty communistic.
Not without corruption, and a slurry of other negatively associated government and economic systems mixed in of course, but it's in three.
>>
>>48499808
Corporation may be a good option.

I've always wanted to run a hardline neo-nazi corp that has a happy-washy liberal front end but in the background does terrible things because the CEO is a massive homophobe/racist/occultist etc.

Like testing drugs that target specific races. Or a nano-serum that neurologically "reprograms" homosexuals.

Sounds like a laugh desu
>>
Most fantasy seems to be centered around vaguely moderate wishy-washy liberalism.

Is there anything that's centered around anarchists?
>>
>>48501597

...Shadowrun? Maybe?
>>
>>48501143
>Insular, less connected, smaller communities are more likely to get wiped out than larger, better connected ones.

But less likely to be taken advantage of by strangers.

It's all about trade-offs.

Liberalism is essentially about "things are great, what can we do to make them even better?" while conservatism can be summed up as "things are actually fucking terrible but here's some things we can do to prevent them from getting worse." Liberalism is therefore more successful in richer countries and conservatism is the default mode for poor hellholes.
>>
>>48501528
Geralt makes friends with dwarves and other non-humans. He's a pretty "liberal" guy.
>>
>>48501559

The initial puritans going to america were refugees.
>>
>>48501586
>we should address smaller issue that make me feel bad

and you get mad at liberals for being triggered
>>
>>48501604
Yeah, Shadowrun can be. There are definitely canon anarchists who are sympathetic characters, anyway, and there are a lot of anarchists in the Dragonfall PC game.
>>
>>48501469
This does exist and is called Japan, so look at there.
>>
>>48501559

Basically every place ever has been 'The scary people' at one point or another. You'd have no one in the country if the french/germans/irish/italians had all been not allowed in.
>>
>>48499808
After Brexit, I did a little experiment, OP. I went and checked the twitter of every Black Library writer I could find, almost every single one was decrying the move as racist and xenophobic.

Nearly every setting will have an anachronistic and progressive grasp of how medieval society was. Imagine a botany book written by Lysenko.

>>48501373
>muh progress
>muh wrong side of history

>>48501533
>don't let them in and they won't do it
>yeah but we let them in and they're doing it

There' your problem
>>
>>48501619

That's all in the past, though. And I'll point out that the Red Indians would have been infinitely better off if they had gone out of their way to exterminate all the foreigners landing on their shores.

Actually, the lesson to take away from this is that if you see foreigners trying to get into your country, you have to kill all of them or risk ending up a second-class citizen in your own homeland.
>>
>>48499899
>40K is fundamentally conservative in nature
It's a collection of ripped off material from other franchises combined with a metric fuckton of dry British humor and you would have to reach really deep inside your ass to think any different.
>>
>>48501597
Dude, "adventurers" are hobos that just run around and kill stuff, take their belongings and sometimes squat in a tavern. If they get in trouble with law enforcement, they can just magic their way out of the situation. How is that NOT an anarchist dream come true?
>>
>>48501373
>He's a conservative, which is synonymous for the opposite of progress, meaning he's probably not a huge fan of learning. Of course he has a low intelligence.

>I am still at Stage 3 and I'm not even trying to climb higher.
>>
>>48501475
>>48501493
That would all be fine and dandy if they were not human beings (inb4 >implying) and "innocent until proven guilty" and "collective punishment is unjust" as important.
>>
>>48501660
Well, we can't change the past. What's your plan for the future? (Barring inventing a time machine, that is.)
>>
>>48501617

> Not being racist is liberal
>>
>>48501665
>It's a collection of ripped off material from other franchises combined with a metric fuckton of dry British humor and you would have to reach really deep inside your ass to think any different.

Well you didn't write "it is not conservative" so I don't think any different. Glad we agree.
>>
>>48501665

Is Judge Dredd conservative, despite being a satire?
>>
>>48501619
They were dissidents fleeing into the wilderness, not displaced people trying to enter another country.

This is also not an argument, if you were wondering.
>>
>>48499808
So what exactly do you want in a "right wing" setting? Your only examples of the kind of liberalism that upsets you are "Dungeons & Dragons says you can be gay". So fucking what? Then don't be a gay character. Is your sexuality so fragile that being so much as presented with the idea that gay characters might exist in a setting triggers you?

So what would a "right wing" setting look like to you?
>>
>>48501672
>as important.
weren't considered by civilization as important*
>>
>>48501660

>yeah but we let them in and they're doing it

Except they also mentioned new converts who were not any of that until they did convert.

Good luck preventing the spread of information in the internet age.
>>
>>48501590
Requisition is for organizations. You have requisition because you're either part of something with a budget, or so rich you measure things in 'profit factor' and in 'ships'.

Normal people at normal jobs are paid in very small amounts of 'thrones'.

Also, "according to your ability" is just the job and paygrade that you get, ranging from "mutated and dying in the sewers" to "recycled into slurry" (if not good enough and living on a forge world) to "yes lord magos, anything you say".
>>
>>48501667
>how is that NOT an anarchist dream come true?
Well, I mean, most anarchists aren't in favor of killing random assholes, and tend to want to reshape society into a stateless socialist one. I was kind of looking for one where you fight fascists and Marxist-Leninists and capitalists in pursuit of a larger cause.
>>
>>48501683
I don't want to change the past, what do you mean?
>>
>>48501622
Yes anon, rape makes me feel bad. Sorry that I'm not as cold-hearted as you, but I rather have the borders closed than more rapes happening all over the western world. And it's not only that one issue, it's also the financial burden, hyperxenesis, increasing terrorism, that one in Ansbach was a "refugee" afterall and the demographic change in the long run.

Domestic rape is a different issue that has nothing to do with the sexual violence caused by men of middle-eastern culture that shouldn't be here. Don't try to deflect.
>>
>>48501691

Does it really count as satire if readers find it unironically cool?
>>
>>48501688
Going by this thread? Yeah, pretty much.

I mean, the Scoia'tael are basically terrorists, right? And humans in the Witcher universe treat elves in general like shit, because "they're probably terrorists". This is exactly what self-proclaimed conservatives in this thread are advocating with muslims. Geralt on the other hand, doesn't determine guilt based on race. So he's pretty liberal compared to most conservatives ITT.
>>
>>48501469
Crime in America would drop like a rock. White Americans commit crimes at the same rates as white Europeans; black Americans commit crimes at rates similar to black Africans.

Happiness might increase. In the Jim Crow era, despite the prejudices against blacks, they committed less crime than today, and their families stayed together more often.

Conservative is a meme word tho. It's used to mean a hodgepodge of red-state cultures, classical liberalism, blue collar and upper-elite values, and any number of other, often not superficially compatible value systems.

"left" OTOH is simply upper-middle-class WASP culture copy-pasted across the globe by the financial classes.
>>
>>48501163
And you know what I totally agree with you. People are excessively all-or-nothing with their ideological platforms, and even within the left people are more willing to nitpick other people's Wrong Opinions than recognize the things that they agree on.

That being said, I'm just going to say that what most Americans consider "left-wing radicalism" is not really that extreme, at least using other developed countries as a baseline. Bernie Sanders is a bit of an anomaly, but even he's a pretty bog-standard Socialist or Social Democrat in most countries, and would probably be nothing special if he was running for office in a many other places.

I'll posit that (and people will probably disagree with this) the polarization of the American political system is mostly a byproduct of the Republican Party's MASSIVE rightward shift over the last couple of decades. While the Democrats have certainly tacked left on social issues, I'd even argue that that's a reaction to Republican electoral strategy designed to scoop up those disenfranchised by the Republicans' strong-Christian-morals platform that they cooked up to mobilize Evangelicals back in the day. Modern Democrats are arguably right of historical Democrats on many or even most economic issues, with the Clinton-era Democrats encapsulating this in my mind as a party that, barring a few specific policies, could barely be called 'left-wing.' Modern Republicans, on the other hand, are MASSIVELY right of the historical mean (Nixon founded the EPA, Eisenhower openly warned of the Military-Industrial Complex and was quoted as saying that if the Republican Party ever tried to get rid of Social Security it would basically be struck from the history books, Bush Sr. was openly critical of Reaganomics) and show no signs of returning to center.
>>
>>48501691
It was satire, fans missed the point and liked the face value, then the fans grew up and made the comic. Same thing with 40k. Demographics shift.
>>
>>48501597
Anarchism is pretty big part of Vampire, but WoD in general is pretty much full of wishy-washy liberalism that you might dislike.
>>
>>48501701
>if you don't like what I like, you must have a fragile sexuality

Lay of the Freud, it's not good for you, my friend.

>>48501709
The number of converts is fairly small, even smaller is the number who move away.

Regardless, these people usually get in contact with mosques inside europe that get saudi funding and help radicalize them, it's still a problem of infiltration.
>>
>>48501747
>Anarchism is a pretty big part of Vampire

Brujah! Brujah! Brujah! Brujah!
>>
>>48501660
>muh progress

Conservatism is literally cancer in the sense that they're both willing to sacrifice the integrity of their environment because their way is better

>>48501670
?

>>48501711
Thrones are hardly used, but that doesn't sound like communism to you?
>>
>>48501730
>Geralt on the other hand, doesn't determine guilt based on race
He does actually, at least in books.
>>
>>48501717
>points out xenophobia about rape is poorly founded
>don't deflect

lol
>>
>>48501730
Yes, every conservative thinks every muslim is probably a terrorist, you are very enlightened.
>>
>>48501701
It would probably just be D&D with Christianity as the only religion, and that Detect Evil would go off on muslims and atheists, because they're by their very nature anti-good, not being proper christians. Homosexuals would be people tricked by demons into committing sin, and the barbarians at the gates would be objectively evil, not just another culture.

Anyway, this is the major problem I have with pure US conservatism. If you study history, you quickly realize that the world is a lot more complex than that. This is true for today's political situation as well, yet most of these people seem to think that it's ALWAYS been the standard LOTR-style "these guys are just evil".
>>
>>48501709
>Good luck preventing the spread of information in the internet age.

Trump will build a firewall and make the daesh pay for it!

On a more serious note, they are also deeply disturbed people even before getting radicalised. When they publish profile of every subsequent terrorist, it turns out to be a notorious criminal or a mentally ill person.
>>
>>48499808
The Sixcess Core rulebook from Harsh Realities contains the following disclaimer:

>The writers of this game system are Christians who believe in Biblical truth. We are presenting a worldview based upon these beliefs....

If by "conservative, traditional" values you mean, "Christian" values, then that game might be for you. It's a universal system, the heaviest influence from the authors' values on the rules themselves are in the magic system, where miracles are from one God, and sorcery is inherently evil.
>>
>>48501714
Just play Chaotic Good in D&D then. That's EXACTLY what that alignment is for.

>>48501716
You said that we shouldn't have let them in in the first place, but it's a bit too late for that.
>>
>>48500086
Not an RPG book, but agreed.
>>
>>48501757
>Lay of the Freud, it's not good for you, my friend.
It's not an issue of "not liking what I like", it's that the manual states your character can be the sexuality of your choosing and this somehow offends you so much that you decide not to play the game altogether.
>>
File: MAD.jpg (50KB, 600x884px)
MAD.jpg
50KB, 600x884px
>>48499833
>That feel when very practical person.
>Attempt to make my own setting.
>Start off with a blank slate, slowly shape the world based on logical actions of plate tectonics and other factors.
>Create a slightly different atmospheric elemental makeup than earth to explain some anaerobic life that doesn't require respiration.
>Develop races, define the time periods of when they developed, pinpoint their origins at various geographic locations.
>Subdivide them into cultures and states, create various governments for each, generate leaders, organizations, create mock history for each region.
>Create local markets and trade routes between regions, determine the price of various goods based on supply and demand.
>Finally, craft some of the cultural architecture, art, language concepts to provide a human connection to each region, based on the historical development of their preceeding cultures (IE proto Achtilians were the basis for the Fennisk, Ranisk, and Occitisk cultures, so their culture is based on a evolutionary version of the previous and all have some similar underlying designs.).

>Buddy spends about a day dreaming up of various "cool shit" and throws it all haphazardly into a setting.
>Every enjoys it for what it is and complains my setting is too dry and realistic.

Maybe not 100% accurate, but I feel like this always illustrated the disconnect between "right" creativity and "left" creativity. One side gets so wrapped up in creating something logically developed it becomes complete mundane at a glance while the other focuses on the short term fantastical and whimsical elements of a story.
>>
>>48501772
>xenophobia about rape
>all those rapes never happened, the racist white girls accused those holy brown men of rape because they are racist!
This is disgusting.
>>
As a whole, there doesn't seem to be any real correlation with crime and immigration despite public perception with basically all the studies. If anything, there is a negative correlation.

Rape IS one of the areas with a positive correlation but it's also the hardest area to get hard statistics on (As acquaintance rapes are vastly less reported than stranger rapes)
>>
Everyone here is talking about American neoconservatives and shit. I think OP is asking for neoreactionary fantasy RPGs, though.

Which is weird because neoreactionaries already live in a fantasy world.
>>
>>48501769
Then how comes he has a dwarf friend, who even has ties to the terrorist organization itself?

>>48501773
Please read the thread and reconsider. I'm not saying EVERY conservative ever thinks like that. I mean, I have conservative leanings as well.
>>
>>48501815
Well, Nehwon is a better setting than Middle Earth, so I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>48501799
A critique of the past is not the same as saying the only way to fix it is to travel back in time.

>>48501714
>stateless
>socialist

I'm afraid you're going to have to pick one.
>>
>>48501815
My setting is just as dry at autistic, but I wouldn't call it "right wing" creativity.
>>
>>48501590

Dude, it's textbook fucking feudalism. You owe fealty to your planetary governor, or your fabricator-general, or your chapter master, or your commander, or the head of your navigator house, who functionally owns you and all your shit. In turn, they owe fealty to sector command, who owes fealty to segmentum command, who owes fealty to the High Lords, who ultimately owe fealty to the God-Emperor. Trade is a series of obligations and favors, not need-driven and completely reciprocal. Individual demesnes are tightly bounded and obsessively guarded against interlopers from within almost moreso than without. Society is excessively hierarchical with minimal mobility, and the higher echelons are law unto themselves.

Just... learn. LURK MOAR in a library.
>>
>>48501787

Yeah. A lot of it goes back to the idea of alienation. Due to circumstances or mental health, alienated people are a lot easier to get into a situation where they are willing to throw everything away as they've got nothing they are losing.

It's actually a debate we are having in Australia about sharing mental health records with the police. On one hand: There is a correlation with mental health and vulnerability to radicalization so it would help them intervene with at-risk people. On the other hand: We don't want to alienate and make people with mental health problems feel like they are being seen as an enemy by society as a whole as that would only make it worse.
>>
>>48501691
You'd have to be pretty dumb to think so. Dredd does little more but perpetuate the cycle of violence.

>>48501690
It's not conservative or liberal or anything political for that matter. It's a slapped together setting with all sorts of absurd contrivances made to sell toys. Trying to draw some kind of moral or political message from all this is just absurd. Just because it has some meanies being self righteous doesn't mean jack shit.

Not to mention the sheer stupidity of trying to apply 20th century politics to something as outlandish as 40k. The Imperium simultaneously manages to be more oppressive than any regime ever yet technically they don't have a central bank, their government is highly decentralized and basically all it does is conduct national defense. Sounds like a fucking libertarian paradise or something.

If you want actual conservative fiction go for LoTR - that shit has more Catholicism in the than the average Sunday Mass. Go for fucking Dune where the gay guy is an evil fat degenerate child fucker.
>>
>>48501714
Probably closest to that is already mentioned Vampire where you have Anarchs fighting (mostly cold war though) Camarilla (main vampire society maintaining status quo and ruled by ages old bourgeois elite nobility) in order to have their own communities with typically more equal existence.
>>
>>48501747
Yeah, WoD and in particular nWoD is full of liberal stuff. But VtM is a bit more brutal than that. I'd say the Anarchs get a fair shake, since they're not portrayed as all good, but definitely better than pretty much every other organization. (Camarilla is a pyramid scheme, Sabbat is some kind of weird murderous pseudo-religious cult, every independent faction are various levels of insane with plans for world domination)

That's not counting the Laibon bullshit though. LITERALLY "hurr, muh noble savage"
>>
>>48501847
Too many gulags for it to be feudalism
>>
>>48501816
>all those rapes never happened, the slutty white girls accused those holy white men of rape because they are sluts!
look, everyone can draw up retarded strawmen.

Rape is bad, we get it, but it's only one symptom of the problem, which is incompatible cultures existing in close proximity with inadequate respect for each other.
Or, as it were, one culture touting tolerance and self-flagellation while the other is allowed supremacism and intolerance.
>>
>>48501809
I'm not talking about the manual, I'm talking about how you psycho-analyze people who dissent

>>48501818
>everyone I disagree with literally lives in a fantasy world

Progressives, meanwhile retreat into fantasy worlds hand crafted to appeal to their unfulfilled wishes for blank slates and gender equality
>>
>>48501889
>while the other is allowed supremacism and intolerance.

Which one is that? As there has been a LOT of that rising in the west recently.
>>
>>48501815
>logical = right wing
lol, you don't have a monopoly on autism man. There are plenty of autistic left-wing people as well.

>>48501843
Which is why I asked you what we should do, yet you're still refusing to answer.
>>
>>48501899
Salafists, of course.

If we have laws against hate speech, they should apply with full force to both neonazis and islamic preachers.
>>
>>48501889
>but it's only one symptom of the problem
I alread said that.

>which is incompatible cultures existing in close proximity with inadequate respect for each other
Awesome, we agree on something. So don't let them in.
>>
>>48501903
You've framed the question so poorly that you unironically suggested a time machine as my only solution
>>
File: ohyou.jpg (45KB, 270x358px) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.jpg
45KB, 270x358px
>>48501890
>I'm talking about how you psycho-analyze people who dissent
I didn't tell him that his sexuality is fragile, I asked if it was. The poster is welcome to clarify his objection to the option of being homosexual in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>48501890
>Progressives, meanwhile retreat into fantasy worlds hand crafted to appeal to their unfulfilled wishes for blank slates and gender equality
I'm not a progressive. And the general idea of people being extremely flexible and largely shaped by their environment is not the same thing as "blank slate" theory.
>>
>>48501909

As far as I can tell, they do. 90% of the time an islamic preacher turns up on the new who hasn't been preaching moderation they include 'Was arrested at X time for preaching extremist views/hate speech'.

It's just people don't go to jail very long for hate speech if you are not actually personally involved in a crime.
>>
>>48501899
Christianity is a lot more "peaceful" than Islam, that's just a matter of fact. Jesus, the central figure in Christianity, never fought against people and died on a cross in an act of martyrdom. (Christians are supposed to "turn the other cheek" and all that, just letting whatever happens happen, and God will sort things out.) Compare this to Mohammad, who was a genuine warlord.

>>48501930
Haha, that's cute. You're blaming me because you misread. Oh well. I assume you will continue to avoid the question, right?
>>
>>48501885

Wat? How? Penal labor predates feudalism AND socialism by millennia. Feudal states have been using press-gangs since the dawn of feudalism. The Russian nobility made an art form of ghettos and mass purges; Stalin was late to the game on that one.

The existence of one given feature does not exclude an entire political system, any more than a McDonalds in Pyongyang would suddenly make it a liberal democracy.
>>
File: 20a.png (601KB, 596x697px) Image search: [Google]
20a.png
601KB, 596x697px
>>48501931
>I didn't call you an idiot, I just asked if you were one!

We really wanna start breaking out the smug faces?
>>
>>48501963
I think he's just a tard who thinks that since 40k actually uses the word "gulag" sometimes, it means that it MUST be Stalinism.
>>
>>48501959

I'd note that Jesus is a prophet of Islam. They just don't consider him the son of god.
>>
>>48501923
>So don't let them in.
People who come usually don't say "I want to rape your women", they say "I'm refugee merkele invited me." and "if I go back I will be kill"

Then again it's pretty obvious you don't particularly care about morality in general so there's no point in taking this exchange any further.
>>
>>48501818
>neoreactionary fantasy RPGs
I would also like to know is there really anything else on that front than MYFAROG (which isn't even that neoreactionary) and RaHoWa (which is unplayable crap)?
>>
File: IT7vy4v.jpg (34KB, 639x601px) Image search: [Google]
IT7vy4v.jpg
34KB, 639x601px
There needs to be an RPG with an alignment system based on this.

Also, if you look at one of the corners and think "but that's right, though," that's the one you fall into.
>>
>>48501844
>>48501903
It's not that it's an exclusive trait to right throught or anything, it's just that it seems to crop up far more often in conservative creative processes. While liberalized throught processes often focus on the idealized, what could be possible, and overt differences between different concepts/objects, conservative thought usually tends to take a realistic approach, focuses on what's likely to happen, and look at smaller, underlying differences in entities. In short, one side seems to be more evolutionary in taking existing concepts and adjusting them, the other seems to be revolutionary in taking older lines of thought and creating a new thing altogether.

I'm not suggesting one is right or wrong or good or bad, I'm just attempting to describe common trends that somewhat denote the common lines of thought of each. There will be outliers in both, of course.
>>
>>48501959
Why don't you get back in a time machine and make me answer the question?

I didn't supply one because I wasn't the poster you were first asking for an answer from, I was merely pointing out that it doesn't take a fucking time machine to fix a problem.
>>
This conversation would be a lot less confusing if people used the (still blurry but more precise) academic definitions of ideologies instead of the fucking american two-party system culture war definitions that paint even self-described socialists like Bernie Sanders as "Liberal".

Basically:
Conservatives believe in cooperation within groups, but competition between groups as an inevitability.
Liberals believe competition is inherently good and drives progress.
Socialists believe cooperation is desirable at every level and that competition is slowing progress down.
>>
>>48501976
Yes, Mohammad co-opted every other previous important figures to bolster his own cause. Now, out of the two, whose teachings do you think takes precedence? Keep in mind that there are a LOT of contradictions in there, and Mohammad had the good fortune to be born a good five centuries later.

Anyway, point is that islam has always been based on violence and conquest. ISIL isn't wrong is saying that, because historically, that has always been the case, right from the beginning. Compare with Christianity, which started out as a religion of beggars, which later on turned into the ridiculous spectacle we have today. One is definitely more pacifistic, at least in spirit.
>>
>>48502006
>Authoritarian Left = Liberal
>Libertarian Left = State Capitalist
>everything
It's good b8, too bad the thread's already in autosage.
>>
File: 1460767106284.png (117KB, 238x351px)
1460767106284.png
117KB, 238x351px
>>48501815

>Based on their social, economic and political beliefs, all right wing people have a very logical mundane creativity while all left wing people have a very whimsical illogical creativity

w e w
>>
>>48502002
>People who come usually don't say "I want to rape your women", they say "I'm refugee merkele invited me." and "if I go back I will be kill"
Yeah, this is why you don't let everyone in. It's really difficult to seperate the good ones from the bad ones, so for securities sake you should create a system that is better than letting everyone invade and give them some extra money while they are here.

>Then again it's pretty obvious you don't particularly care about morality in general so there's no point in taking this exchange any further.
You are the one that doesn't care about more rapes, crimes and terrorist attacks.
>>
File: 1463017834535.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463017834535.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>48501963
>McDonald's doesn't have that kind of power over people
>>
>>48502057

As a whole, there doesn't seem to be any real correlation with crime and immigration despite public perception with basically all the studies. If anything, there is a negative correlation.

Rape IS one of the areas with a positive correlation but it's also the hardest area to get hard statistics on (As acquaintance rapes are vastly less reported than stranger rapes)
>>
>>48502042
You're misreading. Authoritarian leftists (i.e., Marxist-Leninists) call everyone else a liberal. Libertarian leftists (anarchists and classical Marxists) call everyone else state capitalists. Authoritarian rightists (neoreactionaries and fascists) call everyone pc sjw radicals, and libertarian rightists (Libertarian party members, ancaps) call everyone else "big government."

That's why each one has its own chart where it has its own ideas and then a catch-all insult for everyone else.
>>
File: jc.png (268KB, 432x454px) Image search: [Google]
jc.png
268KB, 432x454px
>>48502018
Do you have a single fact that back that up, or is it just your gut feeling?
>>
>>48502021
>I wasn't the poster you were first asking for an answer from
Wow, then you are wasting our time. Alternatively, you can just answer even though I didn't ask you specifically, this being 4chan and all, but I can see that you're just being difficult for the sake of it now.
>>
>>48502098
Alright, I misread. Might need some clarification on that. Also, Authoritarian Leftists (at least here in Burgerland) co-opt the term Liberal to make their ideas sound better, so it might need a tweak.
>>
>>48502035
This. I prefer what we use in europe in this regard. "Liberal" = economic liberties. It makes sense. I suppose "liberals" in the US sense means civil "liberties"? I just don't get that, that sounds more like rights to me.
>>
>>48502133
I have honestly never heard the term "liberal" used positively by an american ever. It's always "the liberal agenda" or "the liberal press" or "the libtard conspiracy". Meanwhile, american leftists avoid the term because it's almost like a insult at this point.
>>
>>48502018
I don't argue that you aren't right, but precisely because of that it is funny that most of vocal skeptics seem to be liberals. However extremes of conservatives and liberals are very anti-rational with both supporting things like homeopathy or conspiracy theories.
>>
>>48502018
I think you're giving conservatives too much credit. Liberals often get tagged with "feels before reals" and trying to force and unattainable utopia (and I understand why), but conservatives seem to think they're more driven by logic and "willing to make the tough unpopular decisions for the greater good", but in reality they they're trying to attain the same pie-in-the-sky fantasy vision of America, only this one is a nostalgic idealistic vision of Norman Rockwell's America. That, too, is an unattainable utopia. And we can't forget how hard they've fought to suppress progressive social policy under the justification of saving America from some apocalyptic scenario (The collapse of the Family™ from gay marriage and the collapse of the military from repealing DADT come to mind), only to find that nothing really changes when these policies are passed. It's never about logic, "tough decisions", or saving liberals from themselves. It's that they can't live their Leave it to Beaver fantasy and this upsets them.
>>
>>48502180

It gets worse in Aus.

Our Liberal Party is our conservatives as they killed off the Australia Party, our original conservative party...then turned into them.
>>
>>48502101
Just a ton of anecdotal evidence. I don't have any sort of lengthy research on the matter, just that it seems to somewhat correlate with things I usually see. If I had to make a quick summery of the causation for my findings, I'm might say that those with more wild creative processes would be more willing to accept change and try new things. Or vice versa, if instead one caused the other.

It might be interesting to take it further with actual research, but I have very little idea how one would conduct such a test, so it all remains anecdotes.
>>
>>48502180
Which is very funny because definition of word liberal has more to do with right-wing ideology called libertarianism in modern day America than with anything left-wing.
>>
>>48502133
This is meant mostly to speak of the extreme corners of those groups. Marxist-Leninists call everyone who claims to want equality but isn't willing to gulag anyone who looks at them wrong a "liberal."
>>
>>48502226
And "libertarian" comes from the French "libertaire," which was first used by an anarcho-communist.
>>
>>48502185
>>48502018
It makes perfect sense, because academia and the arts are filled to the brim with leftists, mostly because they value ideals (like for example, doing something they enjoy) over money. Meanwhile, the right wing crowd tend to go for stuff like law, medicine or engineering, since that'll safely net them a lot of dosh + status.

(And before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I'm not saying it's not possible to enjoy engineering, just that to most young people it's a bit daunting compared to having fun drawing, discussing philosophy or writing cool fantasy books.)

I suppose capitalism speaks for itself though: "Leftist" fiction sells more, which is why it's so popular. Nobody (not even right wing people) wants to read this autistic crap like in >>48501815
>>
>>48501864
Herbert was definitely some sort of feminist. A very weird one, but a feminist. He based the whole dogma of the Bene Gesserit on his wife who was also his muse in general and who he obviously had a lot of respect and even admiration for if you read his letter at the end of Chapterhouse.

A major plot point across the whole series is that men rarely gain as much introspection and personal power as women do, therefore why only women could be Bene Gesserit and why Leto turned the Imperium into a literal matriarchy for a few thousand years. Next thing we know, war has almost completely dissapeared, complete gender equality is the norm, and male truthsayers are so commonplace there are whole SCHOOLS dedicated to training them. What made the Kwisatz Haderach special was that he could use both his male and female aspects in harmony - both "giving" and "taking". Whereas the Bene Gesserit are limited to a passive approach in their powers (therefore why they have to rely so much on misdirection, emotional manipulation and general guile) Paul is able to succesfully use the same abilities to have himself worshipped as a messiah and drum up a holy war to conquer the known universe.
>>
>>48502271
> Meanwhile, the right wing crowd tend to go for stuff like law, medicine or engineering

Law maybe, but the right wing has always preferred business to medicine or engineering.
>>
>>48502271
>"Leftist" fiction sells more
>>
>>48502199
Yeah, it's a bit frustrating that ringwingers always claim they're "pro-logic" and that they're NOT idealistic in any way at all. I mean, market capitalism, there's no question that it works. But does it work PERFECTLY? Does the "invisible hand of the market" always fix everything, if we just leave well enough alone? History has shown this not to be the case, yet Randists (for example) totally swear by it! They need to realize that that's ALSO idealism. It's just as "naive" to think that everything will just work out if you just follow that line.
>>
>>48502305
He was an environmentalist, so he bought into at least some of the leftist insanity.
>>
>>48502271
There is some good right-wing fiction though that is almost universally critically acclaimed. For example Starship Troopers, Lovecraft's stories (although he might not be that popular with very traditional critics, but that's for being a pulp writer rather right-wing) and LoTR.
>>
>>48502305
LotR had many ideas that would be interpreted as "leftist" today even if they're just slightly diluted christianity. Turning the other cheek, never striking without need, the superiority of the undisturbed natural natural world to human civilization, etc. A lot of hippies used to go nuts for Tolkien for that. Tolkien being a borderline nazi is a tumblr meme from people who mostly didn't actually read the books
>>
>>48500948
This. Though I suspect you don't understand the point of a 'Liberal Arts' degree. The idea is to teach a person to research, reason, and communicate ideas. It does this by giving them a solid foundation, and then specializing in something to do it. It doesn't really matter what that something is. The point is when (if) they get out of their ivory tower, when the world throws an unexpected problem at them (us), they can approach it with rigor.

Just like how the important part of studying science is internalizing HOW we answer questions about the world (that can be answered with science), the knowing the 'what' of it, biology, physics, etc is a bonus (that needs engineers to actually implement)

In the real world, we need liberals and conservatives. They need to be able to communicate with each other, because sometimes, the best strategy is 'zombie apocalypse' and sometimes it's 'kumbaiya'

Usually, the best approach is never 'pure'.

Now I want to write a setting where this shit makes sense, and fuck it up.

So thanks for that.
>>
>>48502341
Environmentalism is not inherently leftist.
>Prior to attaining political power, several Nazi ideologues, such as Heinrich Himmler, Alfred Rosenberg, and Walther Darré linked ideas of Agrarianism and nature conservation with anti-semitic, racist and militaristic ideas.[2][11] Using the doctrine of "Blood and Soil", Nazi thinkers argued that the German people had a special bond with the natural world, which had to be protected both from industrial pollution and "inferior" ethnic groups.[2] These ideas remained in Nazism, despite its post-1936 emphasis on mechanical and military mobilisation.[2]

>>48502371
And he justified all of this with his christian worldview, not because he was sympathic to leftist ideas.
>>
>>48502212
Fair enough anon. It's hard to say either way.

>>48502305
Today anon. And I'm not sure if I'd call Tolkien "right-wing".

>>48502303
Well yeah, just wrote the first things that popped into my head. What I mean is they tend to favor the more practical careers.

>>48502358
>Starship Troopers
Haha, not really "universally acclaimed". It's an interesting read for sure, but it's mostly just Heinlein preaching at the reader about how important duty is.
>Lovecraft
How is this right-wing? The fact that other gods than Yahweh are OBJECTIVELY evil?
>LoTR
Again, not really seeing how it's particularly right-wing. You have to consider the time it was written in. Of course it seems "conservative" (i.e. old-fashioned) to audiences today.
>>
>>48502199
Right vs left in America as a whole is more about sports team style politics where people simply fight for red or blue. Both sides wind up playing up the idealized versions of their US and trying to lure in voters based on that, despite either side having little grounding in reality.

Where left leaning citizens often tend to think of things in terms of moving towards a glorious future utopia, I see more right oriented ones looking too hard on the past and trying to figure out how to get back to some idealized past that may or may not be what they really remember it as. The biggest difference is one attempts to regress back to something they believe is beautiful while the other attempts to try new things until they can develop a never-been-realized beauty.

I doubt either is really going to get where they're going, but that's not the point -- it's more about the difference in method they use to bring about the world they want.
>>
>>48501008
You must be fun at parties. What happens when one of you gets a toothache?
>>
>>48502380
> Liberal Arts
> teach a person to research, reason, and communicate ideas

This is what leftists actually believe.
>>
>>48502200
Italy here, more or less the same.
Those that call themselves liberals are centre-right.
The Democratic Party, which is supposed to be centre-left, is actually centre.
We actually have a Trump equivalent, and he's equally memetic with his anti-immigrant rants.
Truly, a jolly good time to live.
>>
>>48502341
>environmentalism is uniquely leftist
All those coal miners who hated Thatcher must have been secret right wingers or something

>>48502371
>A lot of hippies used to go nuts for Tolkien for that.
They went nuts over him because he wasn't a fan of industrialization and they the Ring as a symbol for nuclear weapons. Also, retards interpreted orcs as being oppressed workers and Sauron as some pseudo-Lenin

The Catholicism went straight over their head.
>>
>>48502400
>And he justified all of this with his christian worldview, not because he was sympathic to leftist ideas
Hmm, perhaps because a direct reading of the bible would lead you to believe that Jesus was, in fact, a hippy? There's nothing particularly right-wing about the contents of the bible. They're only associated because the concept of faith is so important to the tradition-loving conservative.

>Environmentalism is not inherently leftist
Neither is it right-wing. You have to establish how LOTR is right-wing.
>>
>>48502371
I don't see how that makes it less conservative and right-wring. It's not like right-wing is asingular entity with some hivemind.

Also, Tolkien was never nazi (quite opposite really), but being nazi is quite different thing than being right-wing. In fact there are many right-wing ideologies that oppose nazism.
>>
>>48502417
Kill him and eat the remains. There's no room for weakness in this group.
>>
>>48500208
>trigger warning
That's because the book implied he was creeping on his younger sister, and would have probably attempted to molest her if his mother didn't stop him.
>no straight couples
Oleg and his wife
The old couple in Hell's Vengeance
Redtooth from Iron Gods is a male widower, he even married twice!

There are probably more examples, but you just listen to /pol/lacks shitposting because it fits your worldview.
>>
>>48502440
It feels like a lot of different countries are getting their hilarious Trump equivilents, like little mini-Trumps wandering about. It's pretty awesome even if it goes nowhere.
>>
>>48501163
If only there was a balancing force pulling the other direction that wasn't concerned with the stupid shit (like what pronoun my son prefers) - in order to manipulate the elecorate. Because I'm pretty sure the best path is a middle path (too bad that it's really hard to internalize multiple ideologies)
>>
>>48502475
Interesting. Perhaps you ought to get back to describing how LOTR is ring wing?
>>
>>48502400
>And he justified all of this with his christian worldview
Yes, that's what I'm saying
>>
>>48502454
> There's nothing particularly right-wing about the contents of the bible.

Personal responsibility
Honoring your elders
The sanctity of the traditional family
The virtues of hard work
The idea that law handed down by G-d trumps laws made by men

The Bible is solidly right wing.
>>
>>48502454
>You have to establish how LOTR is right-wing.
The really heavy handed Catholicism and conservative social values? And I'm not talking about the Pope Francis kind. Tolkien was so much of a traditional Catholic that he would continue using Latin in Mass while everyone around him used English.
>>
>>48502521
>G-d
>pretending He won't notice if you omit the middle letter
>>
>>48502521
I think you're getting the left mixed with /pol/-meme-far-left
>>
>>48499808
Wouldn't a setting on medieval stasis where elves behave the same for a thousand years, and a hero can rise from nothing to emperor fulfill that?

If not, well, I honestly don't quite get american politics.
>>
>>48502454
>Hmm, perhaps because a direct reading of the bible would lead you to believe that Jesus was, in fact, a hippy?
Try not to politicize Jesus' teachings. He barely said anything that would be suitable for how to run a government. His teachings are religious in nature. You can try to cherry pick some of his lines, but following the bible will lead to a right-wing life with. Being nice to other people isn't inherently left-wing either.

>You have to establish how LOTR is right-wing.
Favors monarchism, dislike of technological progress yeah, not inherently right-wing, but can come from this particular worldview, white people beating up foreign dark skinned evil guys, staunch monoganism, pessimistic worldview, hierarchical societies, favors bloodlines and purity.
>>
>>48502535
Tolkien was conservative, yes. The argument is whether he was right-wing by the american popular definition
>>
>>48502544
> I think you're getting the left mixed with /pol/-meme-far-left
> implying there's a difference

Listen to what the dims have been saying at their own damn convention. They've pretty much been saying the exact things that /pol/ attributes to them.
>>
>>48502493
Just google Matteo Salvini, you'll see.
>>
>>48502572
>white people beating up foreign dark skinned evil guys
The easterlings are not all evil, this is stated outright. They live in lands that have been long enslaved by Sauron and they're forced to fight Gondor with the false excuse (given to them by Sauron, and which as far as they know is true) that they torture and kill any easterlings they capture. There IS a morgoth-worshipping elite that goes back to the first age, but they're not the rule

>It was Sam’s first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man’s name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace
>>
>>48502572
> You can try to cherry pick some of his lines, but following the bible will lead to a right-wing life with.
One of Jesus' central messages was to let go of material wealth. The right wing is all about amassing material wealth.
>>
>>48502521
>Personal responsibility
Not exclusive to right wing or left ring. The Alt-Right for instance is very collectivist.
>Honoring your elders
Not exclusive to right wing, honoring your elders solely because their your elders maybe.
>The sanctity of the traditional family
Debatable, but I'll give it to you
>The virtues of hard work
Everyone agrees this is good, whether or not it's a magic bullet is another story
>The idea that law handed down by G-d trumps laws made by men
Fair

>>48502599
And they're getting massive backlash for it.
>>
>>48502535
This and orcs are pretty much portrayed as analogue to communism. Also, "enviromentalism" it has is more like conservative idolization old time rural living versus industrialism rather than modern hippie kind.
>>
>>48502640
>The right wing is all about amassing material wealth
You can find a lot of anti-capitalistic sentiment among right-wing people as well.
>>
>>48502575
There are plenty of christian conservatives that idolize rural living in America too and they are considered right-wing.
>>
>>48502575
Highly religious, very anti-communist and not a fan of government. Fitting any early 20th century Englishman into the current political arena in the US is difficult any way you try it but at minimum it seems clear which side he leans to
>>
>>48502646
> Personal responsibility
> Not exclusive to right wing or left ring.
The right says you are responsible for your own actions. The left says you aren't because "da system is racist."

> The virtues of hard work
> Everyone agrees this is good
The left constantly vilifies anyone who works hard enough that they get ahead, and tries to tear them down to the same level as all the layabouts and moochers. Only the right wishes to reward hard work.

> And they're getting massive backlash for it.
Their brainwashed pets are eating it up, and the MSM has done nothing but heap praise on that shitfest.
>>
>>48501573
That's an interesting point. I remember read somewhere that Irish-American-Catholics more pro-Irish nationalism than Irish-Catholics.

So we have 2-3rd generation Americans supporting the terrorist fringe overseas.

Sounds similar to homegrown Islamic extremists.

Maybe it's a matter of assimilation? Even though my ancestors left the old country, I still associate with it, and care about the people 'over there', how could have been me.
>>
>>48502664
There's some of the modern hippy kind on the Silmarillion. Some of the elves refuse to let Men in their lands when they first awaken because they cut trees and eat meat. Beren becomes a vegetarian after he first realizes he can communicate with animals. The whole of Middle-Earth on its natural state used to be almost as beautiful as Valinor later became, and its tainting of it by Morgoth is what ultimately causes most conflicts on the setting
>>
>>48502706
He expressed anarchist sympathies once, didn't he? Anarchists are so far left even Marxists call them too left wing.
>>
>>48502668

Idolizing poorfags is a left wing disease.
>>
>>48502735
He called himself an anarcho-monarchist in one letter if I remember correctly.
>>
>>48502646
> And they're getting massive backlash for it.

Until they're swinging from streetlights, it's not "massive backlash." It's pathetic acceptance.
>>
>>48502735
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_anarchism

This one actually. He also said he would like unconstitutional monarchism
>>
>>48502759
So I guess that since none of the right wing on say, Germany has of yet started a civil war that means they're pathetically accepting the leftist climate
>>
>>48502772
Yes. If someone goes up in front of the nation, demands open borders, demands that the nation be flooded with shitskins so that they can rape, murder, and terrorize the populace, and accuses anyone who objects of racism, and then isn't shot, that's acceptance, and it is pathetic.
>>
>>48502758
>anarcho-monarchist
That sounds like modern alt-right libertarian "dark enlightment"
>>
>>48502796
So why don't you make those dreams reality right at home and start fighting the leftist menace?
>>
>>48502834
Because I live in country that doesn't have this problem, because we aren't a pack of cowards and cucks who will just meekly accept the destruction of our nation and our race.
>>
>>48502848
Oh, and here for a second I thought you were a internet tough guy, excuse me mister
>>
>>48502848
>Nationalism is bravery and therefore good
>Race isn't an arbitrary level of melanin in the skin

Your nation and race aren't in danger of being destroyed family
>>
>>48502759
>leftwing protests
KEK KEK FUCKING CHIMPOUTS LOL
>leftwing doesn't protest
"Fucking pussies"
>>
>>48502707
>The left constantly vilifies anyone who works hard enough that they get ahead
I can't tell if this is bait of a genuine belief. It's like perversion of soviet propaganda but turned inside out, like in miss Rosenbaum's books.
>>
>>48502454
>Hippy Jesus meme
In the trash you go

As for Right wing fantasy. The best I have ever read is Dawn of Wonder by Jonathan Renshaw. It is amazing. Also Peter F Hamilton's Commonwealth saga is pretty damn good as well.
>>
>>48502918
> Nationalism is bravery and therefore good
Pride in one's nation and a desire to see it prosper is good.
Bravery is undeniably good, only leftists deny this.

> Race isn't an arbitrary level of melanin in the skin
All of modern medical science recognizes that race is a very real thing. Leftists try to deny this in favor of their fantasy where everyone is the same, but the reality is that there are serious differences between the subspecies of humans.
>>
File: orwell.jpg (7KB, 190x265px)
orwell.jpg
7KB, 190x265px
1984 is right wing fiction.
>>
>>48503020
Look at what the dims have been saying at their own convention. They've proudly demonstrated their hatred for people who have dared to succeed. At the same time, they put those who refuse to better themselves up on a pedestal, telling the country that we must give up even more of our hard earned money in order to support the moocher class.
>>
>>48503213
>All of modern medical science recognizes that race is a very real thing
Modern science recognizes populations as being a thing. Their are differences between these populations but there aren't as pronounced and major as people like think. Our understanding of these things changes as time goes on.
>>
>>48503233
Sure, if you define anything that's not Stalinism as right wing.
>>
>>48503240
But every leader of the Democratic Party are people who have succeeded.

You're letting your hatred for inner city ghetto trash get in the way of reasoning. Give me an example where a democrat leader specifically said that success is bad.
>>
>>48503275
> But every leader of the Democratic Party are people who have succeeded.
Without working a day in their fucking lives, and just pandering to whatever group despises hard work the most, from millennials and nogs today to the hippies in past decades. This isn't just about success. It's about success through work. The dims have constantly opposed it, and they don't even try to hide it now.
>>
>>48503240
The dems have explicitly been borrowing law and order and american exceptionalist rhetoric all convention, you're way past delusional if you think they're preaching any sort of radical politics at the convention.

They were openly accusing Russia of electioneering, that's actual neoconservative reasoning. You're actually confusing center-right liberalism with fundamentalist marxism that no one believes or rationalizes.
>>
>>48503363
>finance capital billionaires/hereditary industrialists are people that work hard

you're talking about a class of people that have spent their entire life playing golf on Fridays from adolescence through retirement on either side of the aisle
>>
>>48503365
> fundamentalist marxism that no one believes
Confirmed for knowing nothing about US politics
>>
>>48503395
Name an actual, public marxist elected to public office in the United States in the last 50 years. If you think Obama is a marxist, a guy elected by the ostensibly left party that wanted to privatize social security, then don't bother replying.
>>
>>48503394
The dims support the financial billionaires. Just look who the nominated, a shrill hag who is nothing but a pawn of the financial industry.

Actual industrialists, on the other hand, do work hard. Which is why they overwhelmingly support the right.
>>
>>48503427
> If you think Obama is a marxist, a guy elected by the ostensibly left party that wanted to privatize social security, then don't bother replying.

> implying Obama isn't a marxist
Transforming the US into a society that keeps people locked in poverty so that they remain on the federal plantation? Check.
Rampant suppression of dissenting voices? Check.
Trying to obliterate the religious traditions that the country was founded on? Check.
He's a marxist. The fact that you refuse to see it just demonstrates how blind you have to be to be a leftist.
>>
>>48503430
If you're actually stupid enough to try and sort industrialist billionaires from finance capitalists or tech investors in 21st century america you know so little about success in business you'd probably close a succeeding lemonade stand down.

Mitt Romney was an actual corporate raider, Trump is a hereditary industrialist, you're not going to find an American billionaire not literally covered in shit on either side of the aisle but I guess you actually think the world functions in terms of good/evil
>>
>>48503363
>Demonstrated their hatred for anyone who's dared to succeed
>This isn't about success

Most rich individuals today, most of the 1%, did not work hard for their money or success. They were given it or inherited it. With this in mind, consider that over half of the 1% identify themselves as republican or republican leaning. http://www.gallup.com/poll/151310/u.s.-republican-not-conservative.aspx
>>
>>48503500
Hahahahahah holy shit, you probably think he's a fucking Kenyan.

If you think locking people in poverty originated with Obama you're so fucking racist you can't put your shoes on without saying "black on black crime". Rampant suppression of dissenting voices? What world do you even inhabit? Peter Thiel actually just litigated gawker into bankruptcy and then gave a speech at the RNC.

>America is/was a christian nation

ahahahahaha you either raise or fuck pigs my dude, founding fathers were majoritarian deists
>>
>457 replies

Is it worth to read it?
>>
>>48503543

look at >>48503500

There are people in here that think Tolkien would be an American conservative despite being a strictly anti-war veteran and environmentalist.
>>
>>48503500
Those are a whole lot of claims with no sources.
>inb4 You just gotta look!

Do you know why it is easy to tell people who let their emotions completely control their opinion from others? Because they always, every time, use these hyperbolic statements and assertions. They use vivid language to paint the picture they want you to see.
Case in point:
>Trying to obliterate the religious traditions that the country was founded on? Check.

Obliterate, call to ancestry, traditions and founding. Very strong, emotional words. Almost makes you completely forget the fact that Religions of all kinds in America re still the dominate majority.
>>
>>48501815
and you know what?
nobody likes dry and realistic setting
making shit up as you go while having only a barebones concept is a best way to do this
your buddy is propably far better writer than you
>>
>>48503563
The left has always been the main warmonger. Look at the dims agitating for war with Russia because Russia has dared to fight against the left's proxies like ISIS.
>>
File: TheIronDream_1stEd.jpg (65KB, 300x502px) Image search: [Google]
TheIronDream_1stEd.jpg
65KB, 300x502px
>>48499808
I'm surprised that Norman Spinrad's The Iron Dream and Michael Moorcock's essay "Starship Stormtroopers" haven't been mentioned yet. After all, accord to both of them posit that most SF and Fantasy settings are implicitly right wing...
>>
>>48500443
What does Trump have against The Phantom Pain? I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>48501839
Middle-Earth is a example of the second, not the former, despite what memes about tolkien being autistic may tell you
>>
>>48503627
...w-what?
>>
File: 1444527906510.jpg (8KB, 126x225px) Image search: [Google]
1444527906510.jpg
8KB, 126x225px
>>48503964
I keked
>>
>>48504872
The democrats spent a whole day out of their convention agitating for war with Russia.
>>
>>48504918
Putin's been doping a pretty good job of antagonizing the west as well. That said, saying the ISIS is a left proxy is very paranoid.
>>
>>48505106
Putin hasn't antagonized the west. He's been trying to defend the west against the muslims, even when the west is paralyzed into inaction by leftist propaganda. He's done more to help the west than the EU and US combined.

And Obama fucking BRAGGED about making and supporting ISIS. It's not "paranoid," it's reality.
>>
>>48505140
Putin antagonized the West with the Ukraine debacle.

And Obama did not brag about creating ISIS. You do not have a source on that because it does not exist. If anything, your twisting events and applying a new definition to something that existed before it.
>>
>>48501226
>or the fact that you're actually threatened by homosexuality being accepted and acknowledged.
>anyone who doesn't want to deal with gay shit is afraid of gays
wtf I hate being on the wrong side of history now
>>
>>48505206
> Putin antagonized the West with the Ukraine debacle.
You mean the nation where the EU and NATO backed a coup to overthrow a democratically government in order to install a fascist, anti-Russian government that promptly started attacking the Russian-speaking population? Putin antagonized no one. He reacted reasonably to a threat right on Russia's border that was trying to brutalize Russian-speaking people.

And Obama did brag about creating ISIS. He's repeatedly boasted about the weapons that he's given to rebel groups in Syria, which became ISIS.
>>
>>48501306
>it's an "anyone who isn't left is retarded" episode
>>
>>48501180
most people dont want strangers they cant understand around, much less ones with potential terrorists amidst em
>>
>>48501307
how about they learn the fucking language and customs of the land they live in for decades, im pretty shure that people would be more accepting if they didnt look and behave like sandniggers straight from the desert
>>
>>48501420
the main problem is that the immigrants are accepted and aided by the most ( EU ) gouverments while the taxpayers have to pay for that, wich breeds hostility against refugees
>>
>>48501864
>Not to mention the sheer stupidity of trying to apply 20th century politics to something as outlandish as 40k. The Imperium simultaneously manages to be more oppressive than any regime ever yet technically they don't have a central bank, their government is highly decentralized and basically all it does is conduct national defense. Sounds like a fucking libertarian paradise or something.

Nothing about conservatism prevents oppression. Nothing about conservatism requires central banks.

There were conservatives 2k years in the past.

There will be conservatives 40k years in the future.
Thread posts: 480
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.