[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 48

File: 0TsNxxh.jpg (289KB, 1536x1038px) Image search: [Google]
0TsNxxh.jpg
289KB, 1536x1038px
>resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Monster Hunter Edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
>>48475007

Monster heavy faction after a monster hunting one? GW plz....
>>
>>48485592

I was gonna do that with the ac (gluing 2 toghether from the longbeards) but I dont have spare. It gives a sense of uniqueness.
>>
>>48485541
That sounds pretty cool. I'm gonna steal your idea. I would like mine to search for the true meaning of Chaos or something else crazy.
>>
3rd for kroak, may his guidance preserve the seeds of hope
>>
>>48485657
Sure, go at it. Currently, my warband is centered on a set of twins. After exploring the realms for years, they were aproached by Archaon with a deal: Explore every ruin, city and land in the nine mortal realms, and when they finish their quest, they will gain power over all that they saw. Although its basically a impossible quest, the twins did get Immortality for their troubles. Many have heard of them in their travels, and thus, they've gathered a following of all sorts of warriors, demons and beasts. Some follow them directly, serving them in return for power when their quest is complete. Others just follow them because they reguraly find themselves in legendary conflicts and dangerous situations. Their longest term ally is a strangely Servile skaven, whom helps the access the Gnawtunnels occasionally.
>>
>>48485592
Going to try AOS for the first time. haven't played since 2014, got a load of dark elves. Locals use pitched battle rules now with base to base measuring.
What would be an all-round army to play?
Was thinking:

Darklord on pegasus (cold one with flying)
Master with battle standard
Executioners
Corsairs or crossbows
1 Reaper bolt thrower
Some knights or some other elite unit

How hard would I have it if I played my "raiders" list from 6th? Shades, corsairs, dark riders, bolt throwers and corsair + sorcerer type heroes?
>>
>>48485653
I lucked out and got a misprinted longbeard box so i ended up with 15 units instead of 10 from one box after getting it replaced. also I have a unit of hammerers so I had a few extra ax heads to chop up.
>>
>>48486027
Sorry, I forgot points. Around 1-1.5k points since they are playing that value atm in the campaign
>>
>>48486027
you need more battleline
>>
How does this look for some ghouly action?

Ghoul King - 100
Crypt Haunter Courtier, Cursed Book - 120
Crypt Haunter Courtier - 120
6 Crypt Horrors - 240
6 Crypt Horrors - 240
100 Summoning Points

The idea is to just get all up in there and hot drop a pack of ghouls onto any rear line squishies.
>>
White Dwarf English leaks

New Things:

>The beastriders are nomads in all the realms, and whenever they travel they are followed by a terrible, supernatural winter.
>Stonehorns are literally made of living rock, and if they ever stop moving they'll froze into stone statues.
>Thundertusk are often ridden by Huskard Torr. A Torr is the shaman of the Beatclaws, able to read Gorkamorka will into the Everwinter and to command his power.
>Both Stonehorns and Thundertusks can be mounted by a couple of Ogres, a Huskard (different type for each) or a Frostlord.
>Mournfangs can be mounted with Massive Gargant Hackers, so the Greatweapon options is back.
>>
>>48476828

Where's the pdf, I only see the epub
>>
File: Best Carstein.png (101KB, 289x214px) Image search: [Google]
Best Carstein.png
101KB, 289x214px
Post smiles you want to protect.
>>
White Dwarf monthly prices. 156 pages seems pretty decent for that money though - that's as long as the 40k Eldar codex, for comparison.
>>
And confirmation - no more white dwarf from this Saturday until Sep 2.
>>
>>48486728

Use a tool call readium, it's great
>>
I've got a Mortis engine, 10 hexwraiths and 6 spirit hosts along with a cairn wraith. What's the best thing to get going on from here? I'm thinking about grabbing a necromancer, wight king and some skeletons but I'm honestly not sure about what to get.
>>
>>48486869

They were about that expensive back in their heydey so as far as I'm concerned this is great. I'm going to start picking it up every month again if the content is good.
>>
>>48486880
Any idea what the subscription price of the new incarnation is going to be?
>>
>>48486714
Fuck, now I don't know if I want to go for minotaurs and finally make my beastmen more than trash or if I want to start Beastclaw Raiders
>>
Any new PDF format books? This game is shit enough without having to use fucking readium to view it instead of a tablet.
>>
>>48486898
There is only GH faq and errata in pdf m8
>>
>>48486996

Bray-Herds are good with the Furous Brayherd or Wildstalker battalions and using the Legacy heroes. A Wargor standard bearer and Gorthor make the army run crazy good.

The only real issue they have is Battleshock, but if you take the Chaos artefact that gives you Inspiring Presence and their innate COmmand Ability, Gorthor can mitigate that somewhat. Chaos Warshrines also work on them, at least with their default abilities.

And of course you can always take Jezzails and other non-Bray Herd heroes...
>>
>>48486995
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/White-Dwarf-Direct-Debit-Subscription-2016-12-Month-ENG-2016

£50 for a year, or £6 an issue.
>>
>>48487050

So what?

Use Readium to read GH in epub
>>
My 1000 point list.
Dispossessed clan throng 60
Dwarf lord on Shieldbearers 160
1 unit of Longbeards 140
1 unit of hammerers 200
2 units of warriors 200
2 units of thunderers 240
>>
>>48486714

>whenever they travel they are followed by a terrible, supernatural winter.

if i ever start collecting ogors, im doing them in a blue/white trollbloods/White walker scheme.
>>
>>48487086

Look just give me a fucking PDF so I can carry it about in ibooks no fuss.
>>
>>48487065
Thing is, I'm not sure about how to get a Gorthor and standard bearer. I guess for Gorthor I should just kitbash a big beastlord. I'm shit at greenstuff and painting and all that. I also really want to get me some minotaurs anyway
>>
>>48487167

Gorthor has a chariot. You'd want to use a chaos chariot, maybe use some Orc piggies instead of horses, and make him and his charioteer from Bestigors. Same goes with the wargor, make him out of a Bestigor body, i'd probably use a Gor standard and axe/sword arm for other.
>>
>>48487167

Get minotaurs as well. They benefit from having cheap battleline screens of Ungors and Gors, and a Bray Shaman or Chaos Sorcerer there to cast Mystic Shield on them. Daemonic Power is also gross on them.
>>
>>48487113
iBooks does epub perfectly with links and table of contents.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 295x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 295x550px
>>48486865
>>
>>48486587
If that is your tactic, then congrats, your list is illegal.
The only way that's legal is if you make one of the Haunters the General and take Flesh-Eater Courts allegiance.
In doing that, you forfeit all the Death allegiance bonuses, like the Cursed Tome and obviously if one of the Crypt Haunters is the General, the Ghoul King cannot use his Command to summon Ghouls.
>>
>>48487086
>so what
Anon >>48486898 asked about pdf - not about reading tools
>>
>>48487297

It's not fucking out in PDF yet, if that isn't abundantly clear yet...
>>
>>48487297
>Anon >>48486898 asked about pdf - not about reading tools

Maybe he can stop being an entitled little bitch and use the perfectly acceptable workaround instead.
>>
>>48487320
Yes, it is - but you still replied with fuckin useless info, because Anon asked about pdf. If he wanted to read epub, he would find a reader by himself
>>
>>48487245

Yeah, but it sure as fuck doesn't let you transfer pirated ebooks to the device in the first place.
>>
>>48487189
>Gorthor has a chariot.
I know, but I'm not sure whether to get an orc chariot (Cheapest, plastic, boars included), chaos chariot (big and plastic) or a beastmen one (Beastmen piggies, unfortunately resin)
>>
>>48487359
You can use pirated epub on eReader prestigio
>>
>>48487359
Works fine for me. Upload it to a FREE dropbox account and download it and use the fancy little "Open In" button. I have all of them in ePub. PDF sucks for reading books on a iPad. Use a Mobile Friendly format.
>>
Just hurry up with the new Tzeentch stuff.
Hope we get some cool Tzeentch Warriors.
>>
>>48487352

Actually It was me that suggested Readium in case he was having a hard time reading it, which was perhaps why he was asking for a pdf.

There's no need to be upset just because I made an assumption mind you.
>>
>>48487359

Sure as fuck does. I have every shitty BL book on my iPhone in case I get stuck in an elevator
>>
>>48487367
The beastman chariot / pigs are trash.

I just converted mine via Orc chariot + the actual boars they ride so it's all plastic and looks good.
>>
reminder that skaven are the edgy 13 year old faction and no self-respecting human being would ever collect or play that faction
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 736x547px
how many Dracoths do I have to spam to make my list cheese?

What's the threshold?
>>
>>48487484
How many points u got senpai?
>>
>>48487359
as others have said, use dropbox/box/onedrive even icloud drive works now, and the same methods can be used for getting them onto android based devices.
>>
>stormcast starter box has only 2 retributors

What's the fucking point

It doesn't even mix well with the AOS Starter box because you don't need more Liberators
>>
File: laughrat.jpg (122KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
laughrat.jpg
122KB, 900x600px
>>48487483
>Mad-jealous shit-thing angry-furious about great-glorious skaven master race
>>
>>48487518
>What's the fucking point

They got extra sprues hanging about.
>>
>>48487460
>The beastman chariot / pigs are trash.
They're pretty much the same as Gorthor's original model though
>>
>>48487289
The FAQ clarifies sub factions can either take their grand alliance abilities and artifacts or their own.

You are indeed correct about the Haunter needing to be general. I missed that part.
>>
>>48487518
You can run undermanned units. Says so right in the GH. They just cost full points. I think there being 2 is mainly for the 3 that come in the other new starter kit.
>>
>>48487519
Skavenposting is no different from shitposting

Rats are shit tier pets
>>
>>48487550
the storm of sigmar kits come with 2 retributors as well
>>
>>48487275

... Is that a Bible Black school uniform?
>>
>>48487483
i've only ever seen older players play skaven also all of chaos is pretty edgy
>>
>>48487528

His original model kind of sucks tbqh. If you can find it, maybe repurpose his mini, but it hasn't aged well. I think you can make a solid alternative with Bestigors and Gors, and some greenstuff. I feel like a Chaos Chariot with some more beastmen bling would be a perfect replacement, too. His personal chariot should be more grandiose, not these tiny ramshackle pieces of shit.
>>
>>48487518

They fill in the 3 man unit from the starter set to make a full 5 man

>>48487492

I can easily run 2500 with 8 Dracoths but I also wanted to think about how many in a 1000 point game. Currently just using two fulminators.

I just love my paladin dinosaur cavalry
>>
>>48487483
Reminder that any baiting is of poor taste, inconsiderate and it's just downright rude. Such behaviour is not becoming of a sophisticated player community like the AoS general.
>>
>>48486407
Great advice man
>>
File: 9584834780.jpg (257KB, 746x746px) Image search: [Google]
9584834780.jpg
257KB, 746x746px
>>48487553
>Fancy-eloquent queekish dialect too much for weak-feeble shit-thing minds

Most distasteful .
>>
>>48487017
>this game sucks
>spoonfeed me everything about it plox
>>
>>48487577
It sure is, Anon-kun.
>>
>>48487611

>You must be this deluded to post in /AoSg/
>>
>>48487640
>You must be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>48487630

Yeah because spitefully pirating everything GW prints to stay up to date is anything new.
>>
>>48487635

Well.. it fits.

Great choice of god, I'm working on a Slaanesh favored Beastlord atm to run along with my Juan Diaz daemonettes. I'd love to get some Centigors and Ghorros at some point to fill it out.
>>
>>48487017
>Any new PDF format books? This game is shit enough without having to use fucking readium to view it instead of a tablet.

Get with the times you old fucker.
Epub3 is now more widely supported.
>>
>>48487660

You'd think that'd stop the five AoS fans from coming here, but apparently not.
>>
>>48487675
Are you the same guy that bragged about how he came here to kick the shit of us?
>>
>>48487706

No, but your inability to post anything more sophisticated than laughter.gif at him was hilariously impotent.
>>
File: 4802284-3986135740-13851.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4802284-3986135740-13851.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>48487675
>asspained WHFB fag detected
>>
>>48487719

You're really bad at this, you know?
>>
File: kekkles.jpg (34KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
kekkles.jpg
34KB, 800x526px
>>48487483
t. lizard-cuck
>>
>>48487706

Anon, i believe it was the piss that he enjoyed kicking out of us.
>>
>>48487675
please dont kick my piss
>>
>>48486865
..but anon, that's not Vlad.
>>
File: image.jpg (371KB, 700x2166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
371KB, 700x2166px
>>48487793

Blood of the lamb, motherfucker.
>>
>>48487811
I miss him.
>>
>>48487811
Good thing too, Mannfredo is much superior.
>>
>>48486898
I have readium, it's great, but many devices don't support readium and as you see here, many anons want pdf
>>
What ever happened to age of slam?
>>
>>48487943
People are now invested enough in the game proper than such foolish memes are no longer necessary.
>>
>>48487973
I was always open to the game, but I liked the idea of age of slam as a spin off too
>>
>>48487167
Be like me and buy all the beastmen stuff last year.

I've got a gorthor senpai

But yeah, just stick a bestigor in a chariot
>>
Flesh eater court guys help me please!
i currently own
55 ghouls around half painted
8 horrors 1 as a courtier
6 vargeists
ghoul king on foot
i am about to recieve a terrorghiest
10 ghouls
3 horrors from the new start collecting
for a 1k match i was going to run

1 Ghoul king on foot
3 ghast courtiers
1 haunter courtier
20 ghouls
20 ghouls
3 horrors
finishing at 1k bang on

with the guys i have is there any superior way to run a 1k army?
>>
File: 1408672506751.jpg (236KB, 800x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1408672506751.jpg
236KB, 800x1071px
I've been working out the lore to my Beastmen, tell me how this sounds /aosg/;

Kulgor Fangs-First was not the largest Gor, nor the most cunning, and would have remained a middle-some warrior of his Brayherd destined for a short and painful existence were he not wracked with terrible dreams after a particularly long and loathsome night of drinking a stolen, and heavily prized Duardin vintage.

These prophetic nightmares haunted him during his waking hours and, for a time, addled his mind. After much ranting and braying his herd had reached the limits of their already limited patience and were ready to turn Kulgor into their next mid-day meal until he challenged his beastlord. The conflict was short and over quickly; Kulgor, seemingly prescience of superior's every move, evaded every blow swung despite his deliriousness and then tore out the larger beastman's throat with his teeth - which earned him his infamous moniker.

From there on he led his Herd from raid to raid, not on the imperiled denizens of the Mortal Realms, but on his fellow beastmen. Each one was dispatched and absorbed by his Herd, either in gruesome duels with their leadership or by exterminating the ranks of their Gors and pressganging the surviving Ungors and Bray Shamans. In turn, the Shamans of his ever-growing Herd have given legitimacy to Kulgor's mad prophecies. They speak of him as the great visionary who sees all paths, all ways, and say he will be the great uniter of their kind, pulling beastmen from across all of the Mortal Realms until they are under one banner as the Greatest Herd the Realms have ever seen.

Already four of the eight Realms have felt the scything touch of Kulgor's endless campaign, as whole cabals of Shamans have subverted the leadership of lesser herds or destroyed them under a furious storm of curses, hexes and spell wrought plagues. Even warherds have been bowed and broken beneath their tide and now serve as Kulgor's elite honor guard.
>>
>>48487838
Really hoping the next big death release has new models for the other mortarchs.

I'd love the see Vlad and Krell again Drachenfels too
>>
>>48488102
Drachenfels is just proto-Mannfred. He was also hammered in the ass so hard that he returned to death.
>>
>>48488102
vlad is dead dude
>>
>>48488042

His war has not gone unnoticed, though. While the chaos gods might take amusement in their followers' self-destructive antics, their adherents find less pleasure in it, particularly the numerous Chaos Lords that Kulgor has waged war on and out-right stolen their beastmen and mutant followers from. Even some dread Chaos Warriors have found a tenuous place among the Herd, more content with the slaughter and carnage and challenge of worthier foes Kulgor has provided them with than the daily boredom of torturing an already beaten populace or toiling away building great edifices to the ego of chaos' mortal champions. Khornates in particular are drawn to the Herd, ironic given their constant clashes with Khorne's Bloodbound.

With his attentions drawn to the Realm of Life, Kulgor begins the next phase of his endless migration, taking up axe and blade against both the champions of Order and Nurgle's children alike, hoping to thin the bloated herd of weakness and harden it upon the crucible of Sigmar's warriors.
>>
>>48488156
Well yeah, but why would he let that stop him?
>>
>>48488165
I feel like beast men could use some more variety, not just bovines and herd animals, maybe some khorne dogs of war, tzeentchen tengu, slaaneshi snakemen, etc.
>>
Alright, I'm working on kitbashing a Gorthor right now
I also found a big ogre banner which I'm gonna use for the BSB
I think I'll just try to beastify the Gorebeast with horns and spikes on the chaos chariot
>>
>>48488223
Damnit, meant to reply to >>48488001 and >>48487600
>>
Getting pissed writing Chaos lists. Where are our power units? What are our rape-blenders? There aren't anything like Retributors that pummel shit into the ground, outside of maybe super expensive Greater Daemons and shit which are limited by both Behemoth and Leader restrictions.

I'm trying to win games for the glory of Papa Nurgle but keep getting rekt once Combat actually starts by Ogres and Orruks and Stormcast shit.

I beesech my brethren.
>>
Wikis don't seem to be very in depth thus far.

Where can I learn loads more about each faction?

The models for everything look incredible (the newer ones anyway) and I want to get started but need to know more about each faction before picking.

Both lore and playstyles are needed for me to decide, thanks!
>>
>>48488252
Skullreapers. They are a blender on their own, with proper synergy support they are just ridiculous.
>>
>>48488023
Just take 2 Vargheists and call it a day for courtiers at 1k. It'll cost less and you'll have a little more coverage.

I personally like running horrors in squads of 6s just because you want to avoid the dreaded double turn blowing up your dudes before you can heal them.
>>
Is the blue ghouls anon here? Would love to know the paints he used, it looked awesome
>>
>>48488219

I wish. There is always third party models I guess.
>>
>>48488367
so what would i take out there to replace with the varghiests?
>>
>>48488252
>Getting pissed writing Chaos lists. Where are our power units? What are our rape-blenders?

Buffed Bloodreavers.
>>
>>48488428
I meant Varghulfs, my bad.

The Haunter and 3 Ghasts come to 360 points.

What I would do is take 2 Varghulfs for 320, then add another 3 Horrors to your squad, removing 10 ghouls from one of your squads of 20.
>>
>>48488651
>>48488313

I think he's a Rotbringer, in which case

Chaos Knights baby
>>
>>48488822
I do much prefer Nurgle over Khorne and have been thinking of adding some Mortal stuff to my army. Knights seem good just... Not amazing for 200/5. 1 damage weapons feel a bit wet noodle compared to other things for the same price. Mobility helps, though.
>>
Alarielle x Neferata yuri pairing when?
>>
>>48488102
Yeah, I've read the early Death fluff to find out if it anywhere says Nagash has only three mortarchs. It does not.

>>48488156
He was wished to existence before in past.
>>
>>48487065
>Jezzails

When did this meme start? Yes, Jezzails are really good but you need to build your list around them, otherwise the 560 points you invest in them are gone really quickly. You can't play a Brayherd and slap some Jezzails into them and call it a day. They need

>a general willing to hang back and supply them with Lord of War
>a screen of disposable troops, there is so much teleportation/infiltration/lightning striking and summoning in this game that your jezzails won't survive long on their own
>enough space, they are really clunky models and getting 12 to have LoS on a value target is harder than it might seem

They work very will with Skaven because they can support them with relative cheap troop and their generals prefere to lead from behind. Not to mention that an engine coven really makes them shine in the long run.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 2744x2240px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 2744x2240px
Wait, does anyone have the Grand Alliance PDFs? Looking for the Chaos one
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-27-22-52-33.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-27-22-52-33.png
1MB, 720x1280px
Any ideas how to improve this Gorthor?
>>
>>48489033
there are no digital GABs
>>
>>48489051
Same way you improve every goat: Bigger Horns.
>>
Share your personal army fluff.
>>
>>48489051

Put him on a base.
>>
>>48489153
I'll do his base before I put him on it
>>48489120
I don't really have bigger horns except for Ghorgon/Cygor ones and I think adding even more horns would be a bit overkill, he's already got six
>>
>>48489134
My Slaves to Darkness are contrarians. They hate the Chaos Gods, but they use their power. They despise being told who to fight and kill, but they do it without mercy. They wish to be free of their influence, but they do nothing to resist their masters. Bitter and stoic, they spill the blood of strangers without mercy or hesitation.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-27-23-15-41.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-27-23-15-41.png
1MB, 720x1280px
Added a fuckhuge horn
>>
>>48488252
>Papa Nurgle
>power units

>Blightkings supported by Daemonic Power
>Plague Drones hugging a Harbinger of Decay for sweet Locus of Contagion
>Bile Trolls
>Plague Ogres
>Fucken Glottkin

You're welcome.
It's really not that hard, though. Blightkings have one of the best exploding 6s because they're totally unaffected by the Third Rule of One, Plague Drones have tons of attacks, each of which has a chance of dealing extra Mortal Wounds if a Nurgle Daemon Hero (like a Harbinger of Decay) is around and they don't ever die. Bile Trolls can barf and barf and barf and then clobber the opponent with Rend and damage 2 and Plague Ogres are, well, Ogres with Nurgle's Rot.
Glottkin should be self-explanatory, but oh well. Their buff is huge, one attack to each melee profile is incredibly powerful in this army, as Plague Drones, Plague Monks, Plaguebearers and Chaos Knights all enjoy that bonus very much, it's a huge bubble and it affects them too, for a massive self-damage boost. Oh, and they have a ranged attack with up to 12 damage.
And of the three not-yet-revamped Greater Daemons, the GUO is probably the best, with Regen, a great unique spell, incredible survivability and not too shabby damage output.
>>
>>48489033

sweet jebus thats cool
>>
>>48489134
One thing I hate about playing Daemons is that it's really hard to make them "your dudes". Sure, a Prince might have a unique personality, but at the end of the day Daemons are Daemons and will act to their nature.
>>
>>48489051
-Iron rings on the spear
-some greenstuff to bring the helmet together
-his pimp coat
-maybe a warhorn?
>>
Morghast Archai or Harbingers, /tg/?
>>
>Making Bloodreavers
>Option to build one with no hands

So was born Mental Mike, the No Handit Bandit, Scourge of the Mortal Realms.
>>
File: obligatory.jpg (331KB, 1160x1379px) Image search: [Google]
obligatory.jpg
331KB, 1160x1379px
>>48489459
>>
>>48489586
post pics of painted mental mike
>>
>>48489564
In general I prefer Archai for the added durability. Harbingers if you want to play balls-out agressive.
>>
>>48489493
>-Iron rings on the spear
I don't think I'm able to make those
>-some greenstuff to bring the helmet together
Knowing my greenstuff skills, it would only get worse
Maybe I could buy some liquid green stuff, anybody know if that would work?
>-his pimp coat
Was thinking of giving him a cape from the imperial knight kit, looks like he's going very fast with it on which would fit the chariot
>-maybe a warhorn?
Not sure where to put that
>>
Currently reading Mortarch of Night as my first AoS book, I enjoyed it enough. Are the other Realmgate Wars books interesting/fun ?
I plan on getting Lord of Undeath after finishing this one, because I'm a sucker for Death thingies Mannfred a shit and Arkhan a best, by the way.
>>
>>48489564
Archai for playing as-is. Harbingers for summoning.
>>
File: IMG_9240.jpg (66KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9240.jpg
66KB, 640x420px
>>48489051
Need more GW sanctioned sex-slaves on his base.
>>
>>48489626
>El Mannfredo, father of the mortal realms and bestboi
>Shit
>>
>>48489609
I'll put him on top of my priority list.
>>
>>48489663
>beastmen keeping slaves
I wouldnt
>>
>>48489593
Fuck you and fuck your model
>>
File: 99800201034_ChaosFamiliars07.jpg (20KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800201034_ChaosFamiliars07.jpg
20KB, 600x620px
>>48489663
i still can't get over how bad those look
on aside note , why not familiar titties ?
what are these familiars even used for in the game ? i love the little armor dude
>>
>>48489712
>udders
The amount of detail put into that is something.
>>
>>48489664
Arkhan, Ushoran, Aborash, Vlad, Neferata, Krell ... There's plenty of Death Characters that are miles better than him by simply not being totally retarded. Hell, even Nagash, praise be unto him, is just spiteful to the extreme and less retarded than him.
Once upon a time, Mannfred was good, the stole the ring from Vlad, put Konrad in charge as a distraction, marched on Altdorff and faked his death. But since the End Times he's only acting a spoiled brat or a moron, so yeah, a shit.
>>
>>48489616
>I don't think I'm able to make those
make strips of greenstuff, let them harden for a while and wrap around the shaft (huhuhuhu).
Then waituntil it's fully hadened and file it into a proper shape. Maybe add plastic board spikes.

>Knowing my greenstuff skills, it would only get worse
It's not as hard as you might think. Maybe ask someone at your LGS to show you or look up a tutorial on youtube.
Liquid greenstuf probably wouldn't work; it's more suited for really small gaps like you get between two halves of a horse or air bubbles in the model.

>Was thinking of giving him a cape from the imperial knight kit, looks like he's going very fast with it on which would fit the chariot
Pretty good idea.

>>48489616
>Not sure where to put that
On his belt.
>>
>>48489754
There's more of it to than just the one, by the eay
>>
>>48489748
Chaos character used to be able to get familiars. Youw weren't required to represent them on the table, but I always liked having my walking book around.
>>
>>48489801
touch the cow
do it now
>>
>>48489748
Chaos Familiars have their own Warscroll in the WoC compendium. They're basically trash with terrible attacks and no saves, but having them close to a Chaos Wizard gives the Wizard a bonus to cast/unbind, which is pretty damn cool.
>>
Away from my laptop, how many points are generic crypt ghouls again? Trying to decide on a purchase at LGS.

Also, what size units are good for death alliance battleline tax?
>>
File: 99800201034_ChaosFamiliars05.jpg (24KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800201034_ChaosFamiliars05.jpg
24KB, 600x620px
>>48489804
i just looked , they actually have legacy rules and are in the ghb , 2 for 40 pts
shame i don't play chaos
>>
Gonna get the Flesh Eater Court set, what should I build the big guy into? Obviously the Ghoul King has the most synergy but the Vampire Lord seems badass too.
>>
>>48489876
Ghoul King on Terrorgeist, park the Vampire Lord on a horse/give him the tiny wings from the crypt flayer sprue and enjoy your second model.
>>
>>48489593
Give it penis fingers anon
>>
>>48489712
>>48489801
>Udder AND breasts
wew
>>
>>48489774
I'll look into those things, thanks
>>48489712
>>48489801
These are amazing anon, I might paint my minotaurs and cygors like cows too (male ones, I'm not comfortable with sculpting huge tits on my miniatures t.b.h.)
I didn't know you could make a bray shaman look female
>>
>>48489876
so what does he think he's riding?
>>
File: touchthecow.png (1MB, 625x1378px) Image search: [Google]
touchthecow.png
1MB, 625x1378px
>>48489836
>>
>>48489917
>not comfortable scuplting huge tits on your miniatures

I see you don't play Slaanesh. Or Daughters of Khaine.
>>
>>48489876
well i've played against both and i definitely find the vampire lord scarier thanks to his 3+ save
haven't seen the ghoul kings command ability though so i can't comment on that one but skellies are your best battleline option as death anyway so unless you want to keep your army pure ghoul themed i'dd go for the vamp lord but again , this is coming from playing against them not playing with them
>>
>>48489868
100 pts for 10 Ghouls
>>
>>48489868
Ghouls are 100 for 10, Skellies are 80 for 10 and Zombies are 60 for 10.

If you view Battleline as tax, then pick minimum Zombie units. You can still merge them turn one to make them not-shit.

If you care about your Ghouls, play them in units of 20 or better 30 with a Crypt Ghast Courtier hiding behind/in them.
>>
File: touch.jpg (169KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
touch.jpg
169KB, 750x750px
>>48489932
>>
File: 1469392354721.jpg (90KB, 1000x645px) Image search: [Google]
1469392354721.jpg
90KB, 1000x645px
What else can you guys slap tits on?
>>
>>48490024
Stormcast
>>
>>48490024
I'm going to be right back. My Horrors need some upgrades.
>>
>>48487553
rats are great pets dude, much better then cats or birds......
>>
>>48489982

Hmm zombies are the tax that least fits my theme though.

I'm cool with a decent number of troops, just not... Three or four units of 30 hot damn.
>>
>>48490024
>>48489932
>>48489917
>>48489916
>>48489869
>>48489859
Problem: Familiars are weak
Solution: Make em cute
>>
>>48490143
Talk about real mooo-vers and shakers!
>>
>>48490143
Holy shit those are way too cute.
>>
>>48490169
But dem does douh
>>
File: 1457661829896.jpg (317KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
1457661829896.jpg
317KB, 873x627px
>>48490169
>>
File: 1462475506471.jpg (81KB, 546x381px) Image search: [Google]
1462475506471.jpg
81KB, 546x381px
>>48490143
giant beastmilfs and shotafamiliars. We get it, you really like your magical realm.
>>
File: 1467676402124.jpg (32KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
1467676402124.jpg
32KB, 736x490px
So I've been tinkering with a mixed Slaanesh army for a while now. Since few Slaves to Darkness look properly Slaaneshi to me, I've been thinking of how to remedy that. With all the talk of female Beastmen and udders, I figure it's the right time to ask.

So I was gonna get a spare Ravener tail from 40k and use that and a Steed of Slaanesh to make a proper snake-like Steed for my self-made Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount. The Lord himself will probably be mainly a Hellstrider with extra bling, but if I find an appropriately sized armored torso he'd get that too. For the weapon, I have a properly graceful glaive left from the Tree-Revenants and the Hellstrider shields are pretty enough.

Then I was gonna take the Hellstrider bling and add that on some Marauders to make them extra fancy.
Meanwhile I'd use pic related as base for making my own Slaangors (count as Bestigors) out of Bloodletter heads, Daemonette arms and Gor bodies and add some Centigors along with Ghorros Warhoof (because Centaurs are rapists in a lot of myths). For the Centigors I was thinking Marauder Horsemen horses plus Gor bodies, but.. are there any saddle-less horses left? Because I'm so not good enough with green stuff to smooth over the saddles.

What do you say? Suggestions? Does it sound like shit? Or just way too much work for something that'll get a proper new release before next year?
>>
>>48490541
Go play 40k if you're so scared of tits and magical realm'ing.
>>
>>48490566
>Ghorros Warhoof
One of my favourite heroes desu, I love that bit about how he met the unicorn king and then straight up murdered him
>>
I think there will be a big timeskip.
>>
>>48489742
it's not your model, I just post it because you get unreasonably angry
>>
>>48490622

What makes you think that?
>>
File: 57039098_p0.jpg (147KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
57039098_p0.jpg
147KB, 800x800px
>>48490584
Oh you misunderstand, I'm not scared.

I'm intrigued. Do go on in detail. Don't just tease with the idea
>>
How many vanilla ghouls does a 2500 flesh eater list need to be good?
>>
>>48490648
2500 point of vanilla ghouls
>>
>>48490636
becuz kaos can't be on da losin side !!!!!!!
>>
what does the Terrogiest ghoul think he's riding?
>>
>>48490656

1 Ghast Courtier for leader tax.
>>
>>48490679
barbra streisand
>>
>>48490648
depends on if you're willing to run a crypt horror or crypt flayer hero as your general to get one of those units as core. Is a questionable choice, since you really want a monster hero to have some survivability.

If not doing that, then 80 ghouls, 4x20, or maybe 2x30 and two throwaway units of 10.
>>
>>48490636
In order for the new mortal kingdoms to unfold. Currently you have a bunch of Barbarian Tribes.
>>
>>48490732

Isn't the entire point of AoS to get away from needing to field 80 identical troop models?
>>
>>48489459
I'm planning on converting Slaanesh daemons out of Plaguebearers. I want them to be horrific fertility daemons with a Lovecraftian vibe to them. You can do a lot with daemons if you just want to.
>>
>>48488822

What's wrong with Khornate knights?
>>
>>48490780

Yes. Death armies that don't use zombie tax have the worst aspects of 8th and AoS.
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1536x2048px
Quick question, /tg/: When using the Excelsior Warpriest, does the Gryph-hound set up via Loyal Companion adhere to summoning rules? Just going by the written word it seems like he would, i.e. the Gryph-hound would need to be paid for from the reserves pool, but it doesn't seem like that would be intended, especially considering that it'd make the rule itself superfluous for most situations.
Unless you *really* want a gryph-hound in your Devoted of Sigmar force without breaking allegiance, I suppose.
>>
>>48489742
someone else posted this prince actually
>>
>>48490679
A Griffon, a Pegasus, or even simply a Terrorgheist, the Strigoi used them iirc.
>>
>>48490769
A timeskip here and there might be good for the setting, considering how long it took Chaos to get this stranglehold on the Mortal Realms, I would expect there to be just as long a fight ahead to get them back from the forces of Chaos

I'm curious as to how they would fluff the timeskip, I mean I don't think that Chaos would have any reason to let the forces of Order dig in, unless of course you consider them to be near-constantly locked in a stalemate at the fringes of where civilization has sprung up.
>>
>>48490732
Since the Abhorrant Ghoul King variants have the Flesh Eater Courts keyword, what's preventing him to play Horrors and Flayers has battleline ?
>>
>>48490893

Need to make the general not the King, which is very silly and easily sniped.
>>
>>48490828
>>48490780
Um, depends. Because fielding a Zombie army against a lenient opponent / fighting a Zombie army while being lenient is fun as fuck.

>When your small band of elite fighters simply sit still while the opponent rakes hordes of Zombies closer to you as though he's handling poker chips
>when you shove your Zombies ever closer and swarm the other guy from all sides
>when both players cackle maniacally whenever a new Zombie unit pops up out of the ground
>the occasional onlooker walking past quipping "brains"
>your cavalry valiantly circles around the giant blob of Zombies in order to break the Corpse Cart
>>
>>48490912
Silly ? Sorry I don't play that much except with a few friends, so running a Ghoul King as a general seemed the logical choice to me.
>>
File: poots1.jpg (26KB, 699x560px) Image search: [Google]
poots1.jpg
26KB, 699x560px
>>48490811
>lovecraftian fertility daemons
You called?
>>
>>48490780
>Isn't the entire point of AoS to get away from needing to field 80 identical troop models?

You'd think that.
>>
>>48490947
Yes, it would be. But the GH specifically says that Crypt Flayers and Crypt Horrors are only Battleline if their respective Courtier is your General, so if you take a Ghoul King as General, you lock yourself into Ghouls for Battleline.
>>
>>48490888
Well with live campaigns it seems the most logical choice. Have buildup, then do the live campaign, and have some fallout fluff then when you're prepping for new campaigns and stuff just time jump a bit so the effects of the previous have had time to really have effect.

The only issue is people wanting to justify having their specific force in multiple live campaigns if they do that.
>>
general's compendium battleline requirements are harsher than they should have been (should have been 1/2/3, not 2/3/4), and was far too stingy in handing out battle line status.

Still better than playing without it.
>>
>>48490711
Nah, that's the mortis engine/coven throne. Because the spirits go
>A woo woo woo woo woo woo woo
>A woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo
>Woo woo woo woo woo
you see.
>>
>>48490933
Could you imagine running a multiplayer game like that, small bands of fighters starting from one Realmgate and having to fight their way across the board against waves of the undead, with a slow-moving tide of Zombies behind them putting on the pressure as they try to get to another realmgate across the board. Whoever gets the most of either wounds or actual models or something wins, with players being awarded points for killing enemy models (Including the other survivors).
>>
>>48491012
My bad, I didn't pay enough attention when reading their GH entry, it's kinda stupid yes.
>>
Hmm okay.

Well, points nearly got me to play, but apparently...

If I want to play death, I either need to field a 40 zombie horde, or 80-120 skeletons or ghouls.

And I don't really like zombies.

So uh, pass. Thanks for making the core buy-in actively worse than 8th, general's handbook. Fuck.
>>
>>48491100
>If I want to play death, I either need to field a 40 zombie horde, or 80-120 skeletons or ghouls.
What? For 1000 points you would only need two units of ten of either of those models and so on, nobody's asking you to max out the units
>>
>>48491100

Run Soulblight or Deathlord allegiance. Those can get down to 5 models in a 1k army.
>>
>>48491059
Actually had just that kind of event last Saturday. Each player had an Ogre against the store manager's boxes and boxes of Zombies and we were supposed to gather treasure and get to a Realmgate.

Surprise, we never made it that far. One player thought it'd be a good idea to split off and hunt for treasure, another thought it'd be hilarious to charge another Ogre (they killed each other) and the last went treasure-hunting and got eaten by one of the zombified Ogres. Only muggins here actually tried for the damn Realmgate and died half way through.

Still fucking hilarious.
>>
>>48491100
Are you acting deliberately stupid or are you actually retarded? How the hell did you arrive at that warped conclusion?
>>
>>48491122

Yeah and 1000 is small games with limited armies, and still basically needs about 60 troops to meet the buffs needed for them not to be trash tax. Paaaaaassssss.
>>
>>48486880
Wait, would that mean no new releases at all until then as well?
>>
The Wight King's command ability adds one extra attack to every (melee & ranged) weapon of one Deathrattle unit until your next turn, if I use it on a unit of Tomb King chariots, which double their melee attacks when they charge, does the extra attack get doubled too?
>>
File: 1468808819186.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468808819186.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>48491144
>another thought it'd be hilarious to charge another Ogre (they killed each other)
>>
>>48491100
I have no idea where you pulled those numbers from. Or are you one of the guys who thinks you pay the same for a max size squad as for a min size squad?

Because in 1000 points, 20 Zombies/Skellies are enough. And that's not even getting into sub-factions, where you can have an army of like 5 models (Deathlords)

And that's not even getting into Points Only, where you have no Battleline to worry about whatsoever.
>>
>>48491163

If not zombies and taking a death as a whole army rather than spamming something narrow like a deathrattle or soulblight list:

Troops are absolute trash without unit size buffs and support.

Therefore, you realistically need units of at least 20, more likely 30 to not be wasting part of your army on tax.

Therefore you need upwards of 80 models in core in larger games.
>>
>>48491182
tomb king chariots, while sadly no longer available to purchase, are a very solid core alternative. Not amazing, but very functional at 140 points a unit, 100 points cheaper than the cheapest skeleton unit I would run.

Ghouls aren't awful without their number bonuses, though. Two attacks apiece isn't terrible if you've got a ghoul king nearby for their secondary boost. I generally prefer 20 to 30, but the min units are much more usable than min skittles.

zombies of course let you skip the whole hassle entirely.
>>
File: 2016-04-16-07-02-49-831103903.jpg (8KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16-07-02-49-831103903.jpg
8KB, 290x174px
>>48491164

>we a aaaahhh my historically swarm based cannon fodder faction requires a lot of models

Cry more bitch nigga
>>
>>48491164
>20 cheap zombies
>another 20 cheap zombies
>merge them turn 1
>tax is now out of the way and useful
Yes, truly awful. However will Death manage?
>>
>>48491214
Yep, deliberately stupid.

Zombies can MERGE. You fill your Battleline with min size Zombie squads, then merge them turn 1. Presto, 1 Zombie blob with decent size bonuses.
There, two boxes of Zombies, Battleline dealt with up to and including 2500 point games. Now you can start taking the cool stuff.
>>
>>48490968
That thing is too expensive and sexy looking. I would also have more fun making my own creepy fertility abonomation.
>>
>>48491214
bleh, tagged wrong post.

2k points only requires 3 battleline. you can reasonably do that with 50 skittles or ghouls - one actual melee block of 30, to minimum squads of ten as speed bumps to ward off charges for a turn. Not a great use of points, but not terrible.

and again, chariots are a decent alternative as well. Or you could go with the nagash army - big guy, 2x2 morghasts, and just summon the rest.
>>
>>48491246

>Painting 40 core models in the smallest points size game and that's only if you even like fucking zombies for your army theme

>Only alternatives are shit like "just take a mortarch and bodyguard bra"
>>
>>48491264

>sexy looking
>>
>>48491258

>I don't like zombies for my theme in first post
>>
>>48491284

>painting skellies or zambinos is hard

What a breed this generation of wargamer is.
>>
>>48491284
>>48491214
>>48491164
>>48491100

This isn't just ignorance. This is ADVANCED ignorance.
>>
>>48491310

It's worse than 8th.

At least has a handful of side options I guess, but all of them involve cutting my arm off to do it.
>>
>>48491288
Yeah, it's all serene and symetrical looking in a H.R. Giger way. I just think it looks cool and it doesn't creep me out. I need something that offends me to be satisfied.
>>
>>48491295
So buy a single fucking box of Ghouls. There, two units of 10. Done. Their size bonus is comparatively negligible and they're plenty fast and strong enough without it.
>>
>>48491295
>Theme
>Match play
>>
>>48491284

I'm painting 80 beastmen and that's only half my Army points-wise, I'll be adding even more ungors to meet the requirements for the Wildstalker formation. Come back when your modeks are covered in baubles and other stupid shit and fiddly horns that don't stay on and looks like ass if you try to drybrush it like you can skeletons
>>
>>48491377

>Unironically playing without a ballpark for balance.
>>
>>48491360

Seems too try hard to be Giger, desu. Just don't hot glue it, okay anon?
>>
>>48491392

>8th edition sucks and nobody plays it because the core buy in is too high
>>
>>48491401
>Get your ball park for balance
>BUT I DON'T LIKE IT MUH THEME
>>
>>48491284
in the smallest point size game, you can paint 20 zombies and have done. 40 covers you for the largest sized games.

yeah, most battle line units get strong at big sizes and are chaff at min, but chaff isn't the same as useless. You want to field other stuff? go ahead. Like...

ghoul king on terrorgheist
2x10 crypt ghouls
haunter courtier
6 crypt horrors

perfectly playable 1000 point list, with min core.

ghoul king on zombie dragon
flayer hero
4x10 ghouls
2x terrorgheist
2x6 flayers
6 horrors

again, perfectly playable, focus on the big stuff, min ghouls to chase objectives while the big stuff beats face.

you only have to play big core units if you want the core units to be the core of your army's strength, which you only want if you're going for a big numbers army feel anyway.
>>
>>48491392
>Come back when your modeks are covered in baubles and other stupid shit and fiddly horns that don't stay on and looks like ass if you try to drybrush it like you can skeletons
This so much
Wanting to play beastmen is suffering
>>
>>48486027
Just remember that deployment is the key factor in AoS. There is no time for strategic maneuvering on the table (unless you have a teleport). Most games go close combat on turn 1. Even with Elves, sad to say. I am still trying to figure out how to maneuver far around my opponent.
>>
>>48491363
Considering their lack of weapons with range I'd argue that smaller units actually work better for ghouls unless you really want to start buff stacking.
And skeletons are fairly reasonable even at 10.
And if he doesn't like those either I really don't think he should play undead in the first place.
>>
>>48491334

If you are worried about cost I wouldn't get jnto wargaming, or any other major hobby. Stick to pirating video games and anime.
>>
>>48491416
Giger would have used more dicks, but it's very much inspired by his magical realm. Almost everything Giger made had a sexual element about it.
>>
>>48491436
to be fair death gets huge bonuses to their chaff for other factions it usually isn't worth spending the extra points and you're better of getting more elites
he's basically complaining he has to spend a medium sum to get his mandatory units to godly strength
>>
>>48491493

It's more the birthing factory mothers, I don't recall seeing that as much as you say, phallic and male horror elements.

Kingdom Death is a cool game but I wish it played less on monstrous femininity and more on male fears -- well, ones that don't universally revolve around gelding.

There's like what, four modeks centered around biting or cutting off dude's junk and making trophies out of their cocks? C'mon now, we can be more cerebral, stop being so basic bitch.
>>
So I'm planning a flesh eaters army, starting out with the new box set, u less the big one is available (can't remember the name, but come with a lot more zombies), and I got a quick question.

Am I allowed to use the death warlord traits and relics stuff in the generals handbook?? The flesh eaters book doesn't have any so I just wanted to make sure.
>>
>>48491450
>And skeletons are fairly reasonable even at 10.
I kind of disagree here. Ghouls are fine at 10. As you say, by the time you hit 20, you're not getting them all in combat anyway, so you might even have more attacks with 2 units of 10 than one of 20.

But skittles? They're so terrible, they really rely on those strength bonuses, and have the spears to use them. I mean, if you're just filling battle line with chaff, so be it, you can still use them to babysit support heroes or camp uncontested objectives, but far more than ghouls skeletons really want to be big units.

I'd again suggest skeleton chariots if your looking for skeletal themed msu battle line fillers.
>>
>>48491451

I have five 40k armies, including daemons I tried out in AoS at launch.

But if your game is going to combine all the reasons I was already wary of it with the reasons I didn't play 8th? Fuck it. Fuck it up the ass.
>>
>>48491568
>Am I allowed to use the death warlord traits and relics stuff in the generals handbook?

yes. The generals handbook faq clarifies just in case anyone is iffy about it.
>>
>>48491558

Whining over nothing, yeah.

I'm amused by people who cry about the 'liberator/judicator tax'. Oh no, I have to take actually decent units and not spam Dracoths! So unfair! qq
>>
>>48491595
Play ogors or ironjawz, you can have small units of big models as your battleline
>>
>>48491595

>implying 40gay doesn't require a shitload of expensive models for most of its top tier factions

I guess if you run scat bikes or riptides, but even eldar are switching it up to warp spiders and so on for power lists.

Anyone, poor fag gonna poorfag
>>
>>48491595
And that's fine. Fuck off back to the 40k board then instead of being insulting and fuckin bothering us.
>>
>>48491564
To be fair; it's hard to top someone like Giger. The man was the wellspring of inspiritation for more than a generation of artists. I guess it would be accurate to compare the Wet Nurse is to something from Berserk.
>>
File: image.jpg (386KB, 1206x948px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386KB, 1206x948px
I recently saw this in another thread and thought to myself that it'd be pretty awesome to have something similar for my stormcast.
Getting a stormcast to sit can't be that difficult, I hope, so the celestant on top should be easy enough. Same goes for the palanquin itself once I add some stormcast bitz left over from other kits.
Now, the big question: Who should carry the thing? At first I thought only about paladins or liberators, but then I suddenly realized that I might as well go all the way over the top and have it be carried by four (or maybe even six?) prosecutors.
Really uncertain right now. Thoughts?
>>
>>48491651

OK I can definitely see that appearing in Berserk.

It's weird how Japanese can take something already sexually charged and make it more so..
>>
>>48491595
play TK stuff, with chariots core. Or soulblight with blood knight core. or just play min core for chaff, and spend points on the stuff you want anyway. Ghouls are fine at min strength, without reach the numbers bonus is questionable anyway. Zombies can mob up.

I kind of feel like you just don't want to like the game, which is fine, not every game is for everyone. If you just want a fantasy minis game with an undead faction where you only have to paint a few cool models for a playable force, try malifaux.

But otherwise, death has plenty of options for players who want minimalist core. That said, huge undead hordes have always been a key part of their style and theme, so they have units and rules that cater to that as well.

That's not a bad thing.
>>
>>48491678
Liberators or Paladins work better imo
>>
>>48491684
It's not that weird to me. Japan never had to deal with Christianity or any of the other monotheistic religions. So sex was never made into a guilt thing for them and they viewed it as a normal part of life.

Berserk does however draw on a bunch of western popculture sources. The Godhand when first introduced were very similar to the Cenobite demons from Hellraiser and they were very sexual creatures.
>>
File: big'un.jpg (372KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
big'un.jpg
372KB, 500x625px
Can you play aleguzzlers in matched play even though the army has only 1 model?
>>
Question about pitched battles, can i still mix dark elves and slaanesh in a single army and do a cult of slaanesh type thing?
>>
>>48491770
>Question about pitched battles, can i still mix dark elves and slaanesh in a single army and do a cult of slaanesh type thing?
not officially. By raw in matched play, you pick one grand alliance and stick to it. Most opponents shouldn't care, especially since you'd lose out on allegiance bonuses and probably end up weaker than a single allegiance list anyway.
>>
>48480315

Matched Play? Not entirely sure, it's only been my third game or so with in Sigmar, and the first one I'd played in awhile.

We did use the new General's Handbook and spec'd out our armies. He was up on me in terms of points, so I feel me "re-summoned" Prince was putting us level. The Skull Cannon and Blood Letters also got re-summoned but the game was basically over at that point and they didn't contribute anything.

Sorry for slowpoking the response.
>>
I tried a game of AoS today but I didn't have fun.

How do you have fun games of AoS?
>>
>>48491806
Damn. Locals are RAWfaggots. There goes my beautiful 6ed storm of chaos army
>>
>>48491770
In the raw rules, yes. You can.
>>
>>48491743
>Japan never had to deal with Christianity or any of the other monotheistic religions.

Before the 1500s, you mean.
>>
>>48491834
>I tried a game of AoS today but I didn't have fun.
Did you remember the ice cream cone? You're supposed to have some ice cream every few minutes while playing.
>>
Are the Wood Elves in the GA Order book any different from the ones in the free pdf on GW's website?
>>
>>48491806
>>48491842
Please can you make it clear? I'm going to have to repair and repaint a lot of models and would be good knowing beforehand
>>
>>48491865
No I didn't, my store has a no eating rule anyway so I couldn't even if I wanted to.
>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/26/questor-share-tip-buy-games-workshop-as-company-leverages-fantas/
>>
>>48491911
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/26/questor-share-tip-buy-games-workshop-as-company-leverages-fantas/

The ghosts of WHFBfags on suicide watch again.
>>
>>48491962
But the picture are of warhammer total war which is based on WHFB.
>>
>>48491852
Not as religion that held any spiritual weight on the japanese people.
>>
>>48491911
No no this is all wrong we all know VW is going to declare bankruptcy any day now

Yeah there is no evidence aside from one or two anecdotes, but everyone *knows* it is going to happen
>>
Searching through old dinosaur toys, anything look like a good proxy for seraphon beasts, the necron in the corner is for scale
>>
File: 20160727_172241.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160727_172241.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>48492060
And I forgot to include the photo
>>
>>48491890
>Please can you make it clear?
general's handbook page 106, first column, right before 'picking your army':

"All of the units in a Pitched Battle army must belong to the same Grand Alliance (Order, Chaos, Destruction or Death)."

That said, I wouldn't tear apart and repaint that cult of slaanesh army quite yet, as rumor has it next year will see a major elf/slaanesh arc in the narrative. If that's true, there may be a slaaneshi elf faction in there somewhere.
>>
>>48492129
The army has been in storage for 10 years, I have to repair and redo the paint on a lot pof models. Too bad it is not pitched battle legal atm, thabk you for the explanation
>>
>>48492028
>VW
autocorrect corporate illuminati confirmed
>>
>>48485376
Get in here guys, and show your appreciation.
>>
>>48492086
god thats too much nostalgia for me to suggest tearing any apart for modling
>>
>>48488219

Tzeentch has the Tzaangor beastmen now at least from Silver Tower.
>>
>>48490846
it's not summoning, it's just a standard unit in your army that you pay the cost for.

But it being bound gives it the special rules
>>
>>48491100
>I want points
>but I only want to play with cheesey over the top unfair units

what
>>
>>48491746
no
>>
>>48491882
Yes but you can get the new warscrolls by going to the model's page and downloading each new warscroll
>>
>>48492086
>>48492060
they all look like trash, don't proxy with toys
>>
File: 1_f.jpg (65KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
1_f.jpg
65KB, 499x315px
Looking to get started in AoS pitched battle stuff running pure Skaven,

Any recommendations on stuff to get first? Starting from nothing, and those rats are just the best.

Is it reasonable to run a usual mixed list despite the tax with the clan rats on battleline?
>>
>>48491911
>>48491962

The best part is the one issue they're worried about, price points and entry barriers for younger people, is being addressed very well.
>>
>>48492876
you have to run a mixed list with clanrats

buy cheap skaven off ebay from the old starter kit
>>
>>48492922
I meant as opposed to say running pure Pestilens for example.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Name my skaven heroes. The priest is my 1k General.
>>
>>48492964

Nerrakh Skitterleap and Rikkit Rotfang
>>
>>48492922
I play pestilens you twat. No clan rats needed >>48492876
>>
>>48492024
^ When in trouble, move the goalposts.
>>
Does anyone know how many female torsos are in the tree/ spite-revenant box?
>>
>>48493002
Rikkit Rotfang, most blighted bishop of the puss glades
>>
>>48493015
One, because its used as their unit leader
>>
I don't like Pestilens or Skyre, is it possible to have a good army if just sneaky cunning skaven with no Nurglite shit or le wacky magitech?
>>
>>48493015
One.
>>
>>48493003
enjoy your 3 units
>>
>>48493059
yes
>>
>>48493081
Meh, one of them is one of the best infantry in the game, and the formations throw around mortal wounds like nuts. Plus those buffs and debuffs from heroes
>>
>>48493097

What should I get then? Clan rats?
>>
>>48493153
Or night runners. If you feel like pure Eshin (don't). What's wrong with pestilens? You don't have to use the nurgle shit, I don't.
>>
>>48493153
stormvermin

screaming bell

gutter runners

you need some clanrats for battleline obviously

screaming bell and a verminlord would be good
>>
File: image.jpg (752KB, 2446x2001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
752KB, 2446x2001px
Finished Ironjawz Megaboss,
Any criticism or thoughts for the future most welcome
>>
>>48493200
looks nice. I'm always a fan of red orcs, and the armor looks good. What are you planning to do for basing?
>>
>>48493237
I am thinking of using some green shrubs to accent the dark colors, as well as some orange sand of sorts
>>
>>48493179

I don't like turd rats. The disease bringer aspect of rodents was never interesting to me compared to their amusing antics, backstabbing and general clever dickishness.

And the general idea of their 'manifest destiny' as a species.
>>
>>48493263
I guess. Idk, I started with pestilens and just built on it. Planning on going skryre fusion next, so watch out for those clanrat WIPs
>>
>>48493297

I suppose it's the 'Your Dudes' Asoect if vanilla Skaven, too, that I like.

The main clans are cool but I don't like overspecializing my armies. It's a habit grown from GW regularly obliterating themes, army books and how they play with callous disdain.
>>
hey one guy recommended using necron bits when converting Seraphon, to make them look more advanced, I actually just made some Gauss Immortals, what would the Tesla and Deathmark guns mix best with?
>>
>>48490679
Dragon or Griffon, probably.
>>
File: 1446327198135.jpg (93KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
1446327198135.jpg
93KB, 800x740px
>>48493355
>>48493297
>>48493192
>>48493059

This is all solid advice and banter. I'm generally fine running all of them! There isn't much I don't like in the Skaven line and running the gamut from tech to rot to weebrats to rat monsters to your old fashion mass of rat infantry is good.

So Clanrats are probably certain, is bare minimum the way to go or should clanrats get the most bang I can out of them?
>>
>>48487330
Doesn't work on mobile
>>
>>48493660
clanrats will be your battleline shell for any skaven army barring pure pestilens.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>48493200
Keep practicing your highlights and thinning of paints. Your mini is tabletop standard in my book but I wonder if your red need a bright orange highlight in the most notable areas. Look at my Word Bearers to see if you want to try another highlight on your red.
>>
>>48493746
that orange looks cartoony as fuck
>>
File: grot.jpg (59KB, 300x394px) Image search: [Google]
grot.jpg
59KB, 300x394px
Anyone got a list of Old world Goblin names?

I need ideas for my Spiderfang Grot Shaman.

Also feel free to suggest some.
>>
File: 1469672396262431070134.jpg (561KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469672396262431070134.jpg
561KB, 1280x960px
>>48487483
Ive collected my box lids, sold the monkey rats tho..
>>
>>48493756
I just followed the GW painting guides. Ofc my highlights are not as good due to shaking hands.
>>
>>48493746
>dirt and then grass clumps

shit bases senpai, what's your problem?
>>
>>48493798
Nice shitposting.
>>
>>48493792

I've been keeping my boxes now too, especially with all the armies/units that got squatted. my living room is full of OOP empire and chaos boxes
>>
>>48493823
well, those bases are really lazy
>>
>>48493964

post your bases immediately, I don't care if you have to use your mother's phone. DO IT NOW!
>>
>>48493964
Literally nothing wrong with those bases.

Just what do you do?
>>
>>48493200
Glad I'm not the only one who wants to paint orks a color other than green. I was thinking of doing blue skin on some Ironjawz.
>>
>>48492505
fug
>>
>>48493994
Red ork guy here, totally try it, might just look pretty gud
>>
>>48493964
I'm not an experienced at the hobby and there is nothing wrong with these bases if my goal is tabletop standard. Future marines will receive more intricate basing but atm it's just a desolate planet with grass tufts here and there. The GW basing for their Word Bearers is just dirt. Show off some of your stuff to inspire or give some tips. Being a faggot is not an excuse here on /tg/ for bad manners or shitty advice.
>>
>>48494029
>Being a faggot is not an excuse here on /tg/ for bad manners or shitty advice.

didn't stop you
>>
>>48493436
fuck off
>>
Could try some brown skin orcs like the wow ones? Might look good. The leader of the horde was one of them for awhile, I forget his name since he was a massive faggot but he atleast looked cool.

I just spent 4 evenings painting 1 brute trying to get better at layering and highlighting. He's almost finished now and I don't think I like it at all. I took 30 minutes dry brushing the skin on the next brute and I think it looks far better than my efforts at layering. I seem to fuck up where the highlights should be all the time, my brain just doesn't understand how to do it properly.

Am I a pleb if I just stick to majority dry brushing? I'll post pictures tommorow since it's 4am, on my mobile and dont have white background.
>>
>>48494116
Just keep practicing. Try doing it on old models.
>>
>>48494044

Note even the guy your insulting. Go back to your containment thread, where shitty attitudes are tolerated. This isn't /v/ or /b/, you see that post at the top? Rule 1 - be excellent to each other. It's not hard to follow.
>>
>>48493660
If you want max clanrat efficiency in large units, give spear and shield
>>
>>48487483
Hey man, you've been doing this for a while now. Show some respect for your rodent overlords of the AOS general.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 367x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 367x380px
>>48487675
Are you the tit cauldron anon
>>
>>48494266
Probably Piss Kicker.
>>
>>48494192
Idk being able to retreat and charge makes them good blocking units
>>
>>48493192
>Screaming bell
Lol, u srs?
>>
>>48492086
People who proxy with toys are the worst. I've refused games because of that shit. Call me a snob. I say I have standards.
>>
>>48492964
I think they should be called, "You did a shitty job of prepping the models. KYS"
>>
>>48494467
I had been rethinking, at most I'll make molds of choice parts and use them for customization
>>
>>48494116

>dry brushing skin

Do not EVER do this. Always blend with layers, use multiple thin layers of paint, and used thin ink washes to bring out the recesses. Dry brushing is not a method you use for everything and produces terrible results when applied outside of its niche. Save it for metal arwas, wood bark, rocky textures and fur.
>>
>>48494486
Fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>48490024
There is a small running joke at my store how one person defends Lizardmen shouldn't have tits because they are cold blooded. Everyone else non-stop goes "but it's a fantasy game, anon!".
>>
>>48494116

Don't dry brush skin, if you don't want to to layer it then make the skin base coat a brighter red, like Mephiston or evil sunz scarlet, then was it with Carbonite Crimson or agrax earthshade. Druchii violet will also really bring out the red.
>>
>>48494687
Those are some perverted Slann, considering they imagine them up.
>>
>>48494687

Are they still even cold blooded in AoS? Besides thst, Saurus et al never had a gender to begin with so he's still wrong and a moron for not even knowing the lore he's trying to argue for.
>>
>>48494735

It gets lonely in their cold, abandoned space temples.
>>
>>48494738
Everything but the Slann are created through magic from the Slann's memories of the old world.
>>
>>48494116

Anon, go watch Warhammer TV on youtube, specifically their Pajewski ting videos for Blood Angels. That'll teach you how to paint a good red for table top quality models. Watch their videos on general and learn, LWARM, and be more patient. It always takes a ton of practice to be remotely decent at art.
>>
>>48494757

So now how they spawn, their gender, etc is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>48494774

>painting videos
>>
>>48494371
Ok, can still have bells and drums, but arm the unit with spears and shields
>>
>>48494486
Oi, you twat. Fok off. So I missed a couple mold lines, that's easily fixable
>>
File: Devon.jpg (190KB, 912x689px) Image search: [Google]
Devon.jpg
190KB, 912x689px
>>48494735
>My Master, I hage awakened to lead you-
>My Slaan, were these chest protrusions part of the great plan?
>>
>>48494989
>yes, they are part of MY great plan.
>I haven't had any tail to look at in over 5,000 YEARS!
>>
>>48494989
>>48495041

One again proving that the 9 Realms are all truly magical.
>>
new thread when
>>
>>48495041
>My lord, Im not sure if this was how I remember myself to be
>Also, my lord, I already possessed a tail.
>>
>>48495102
>you will learn with time
>You will learn...
>>
>>48495041
>>48495102
were you going for Super Kami Guiru? because thats the vibe I got
>>
Can somebody help me make a 1000 pts list army using only the enemy models from 1 silver tower box. It doesnt matter if i dont have good synergies or if i have to use some models as proxies for something else.

I have my first AOS game in the weekend and that the only models i can use to make a playable list and sadly i dont have any idea about putting together chaos armies.
>>
>>48495323
most of the silver tower models don't have points costs

If it is your first game just play without points. Talk to your opponent beforehand and explain your situation, and I'm sure they will be happy to play.
>>
>bump limit
>no new thread

PANICK
>>
New thread
>>48495450
>>48495450
>>48495450
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.