[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mtg standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
So. I haven't had time to pick up any EMN cards or playtest. I'm probably just going to keep playing bant humans until the meta shifts, but I was starting to brew a Jund delirium deck.

I don't have a main deck list yet, but basically Grim Flayers, Sylvan Advocate, Drownyard Temple, Tormenting Voice, Liliana (probably), some ramp spells and something to ramp into like Ulamog/Atarka/Emrakul.

As anyone seen a deck list that looks like this?
>>
Is the time to unload Rattlchains now?

Also, how long until someone busts BG Delirium?
>>
>>48466500
I don't know. It looks like the tools are there, but the problems with spirits decks are they don't play CoCo or Dromoka's Command. Those two cards just dominate the format.
>>
>>48466694
Ali Aintrazi's Sultai Midrange is the closest to a high performing delirium deck at the moment, mostly using delirium to help power emrakul.
>>
>>48466718

I just wish I had his card that reads "you may play two lands per turn"

fucking scumbag, cheats to the top but the higher ups dont do shit. MTG is full of scumbags.
>>
>>48466389
I've been working on a Jund midrange deck with a ton of hand disruption. Delirium and Madness subthemes. Because of all the hand disruption, Asylum Visitor has been a value all star. Collective Brutality has also been a deck all star along with Noose Constrictor and Whispers of Emrakul/Hymn to Tourach.
>>
>>48468171
Wait what? Pls explain
>>
File: g0SbtVDaBQ.png (195KB, 285x450px) Image search: [Google]
g0SbtVDaBQ.png
195KB, 285x450px
is BG Aristocrats still viable in Standard?
>>
>>48466500
Nope, the time will be when the deck becomes very popular which will either be after the next GP or Kaladesh when stuff rotates and Spirits go from a deck that beats Company to THE deck to beat.

Rattlechains has a lot of potential though. Maybe you shouldn't sell at all and wait for a Spirits tribal to make it big in modern. Maro said Return to Kamigawa is already in development and that a third return to Innistrad is likely, so it could happen sooner than you know.

I'm just saying, Rattlechains is the kind of card you can sell for 20-30 bucks if you know to bide your time.
>>
>>48468538
With Emerge and Eldritch Evolution?, totally, you just gotta update the deck with the new tools EMN provides. Maybe you should go Sultai seeing how Elder-Deep Fiend is apparently such a beast. Though I haven't used or played against one myself.
>>
>>48468538
Probably best to go delirium now since there's no more Rally.
>>
>>48468953
>Sultai Arostocrats
I'd rather play Jund Aristocrats to use Kozilek's Return alongside the Emerge Eldrazi cards. I don't know how people have forgotten Kozi's Return exists and that it works great with great value cards like Decimator of Provinces, Distended Mindbender or Elder-Deep Fiend.

I just wish there had been more and better red Eldrazi in EMN, weredrazis are fun but they aren't good by any metric.
>>
File: picture_new.php.png (116KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
picture_new.php.png
116KB, 223x311px
I'm glad baby jace rotating soon has brought his price down. I can finally play this deck right just in time for it to be at its peak (since dig). I can't imagine wanting to play another deck this summer.

4 Bedlam Reveler
2 Forgotten Creation
2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy

4 Sphinx's Tutelage
2 Fevered Visions

1 Chandra, Flamecaller

3 Collective Defiance
3 Tormenting Voice
4 Horribly Awry
3 Fiery Impulse
4 Expedite
4 Slip Through Space
1 Crush of Tentacles

1 Alhammarret's Archive

4 Shivan Reef
2 Wandering Fumarole
8 Island
8 Mountain
>>
>>48466389
I'm building UR Prowess with the OGW cantrips Bedlam Reveler and Curious Homonculi but I'm in urgent need of a 1 drop, any advice?

What I'm set on so far:

Creatures:
>Curious Homunculi x4
>Bedlam Reveler x3

Instants:
>Expedite x4
>Slip Through Space x4
>Uncaged Fury x3
>Turn Aside x4

Sorceries:
>Take Inventory x4
>Contingency Plan x3
>Collective Defiance x3

I just need something that allows me to have more explossive starts
>>
Built some goofy ass RDW no idea what to get for it other than more bedlam revelers, don't want to get Zurgo since he's gonna be rotating.

1x Bedlam Reveler
4x Gibbering Fiend
2x Lavastep Raider
4x Lightning Berserker
4x Thermo-Alchemist
4x Sanguinary Mage
1x Burn From Within
4x Galvanic Bomb
4x Rush of Adrenaline
3x Fiery Impulse
4x Dragon Fodder
2x Vessel of Volatility
4x Evolving Wilds
19x Mountain
>>
>>48469817
Insolent Neonate, Zurgo, Falkenrath Gorger, Goblin Glory Chaser, Farie Miscreant.

I would go with Neonate.
>>
>>48470071
Neonate seconded

Menace and the madness trigger/card draw is a good deal for a one drop
>>
>>48470071
>>48470120
Neonate it is.

I don't know about Madness cards but I guess a deck like this would like to play Fiery Temper for removal and burn. Maybe also Lightning Axe then.

What about Delirium?, Card proportions seem really balanced and there's a lot of stuff that helps getting things in the yard. The only thing missing is a payoff card that fits the deck.
>>
>>48470071
>>48470120
3rd on neonate
menace + combat tricks = fast starts
>>
>>48468524
He is notorious for dropping w land main phase 1, immediately playing something, taking a long-ass time with combat, then dropping a land main phase 2.
>>
>>48470264
is there footage of this?
>>
B/U zombies anyone? Diregraf colossus seems to be pretty powerful both early game and Kate game, except when B/W control drops a planar outburst or Damnation.
>>
>>48468171
>I just wish I had his card that reads "you may play two lands per turn"
No card can have that sort of effect, its obviously an emblem.
>>
>>48470321
B zombies are great and easy to use, but U ones are much more technical and require you to build around much more carefully.

Cryptbreaker was exactly what the deck needed though, a way to discard your blue Zombies (ie: Prized Amalgam, Geralf's Masterpiece...) while getting value out of it.

Wonder how Kaladesh's black cards will be like and if there'll be any zombies.
>>
>>48470415
What about the blue ones that mill yourself on summon and graveyard interaction like Liliana's elite, graveyard recruitment, etc. to continually re-cast fleshbag marauder.
>>
>>48466718

I live his deck just because it gives me an excuse to use Liliana when no one else will show her love.
>>
Bant CoCo is reaching fucking Rhino tiers of dominance.
>>
>>48469817
Village Messenger. It's super aggressive and heavily punishes them for not having a 1 drop.
>>
>>48471596

I'm hyped for October.

But really, I feel like Bant was just played at this tournament because it was a safe option similar to what people were used to playing. People talk about how it's all over the top placements in Columbus, but that may only be because it was half of the decks in the tournament to begin with.

I see Pick the Brain just becoming more common a card just to wipe out DromCom and CoCo.
>>
>>48466389
Bump
>>
>>48469968
Try Sin Prodder.
He's really overlooked.
>>
File: silburlindsnapper.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
silburlindsnapper.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
TURTLE TRIBAL
>>
>>48474412
He's really not. Only control and midrange decks can feasibly use him since otherwise they'll just put on the graveyard your burn spells and even then you gotta find a way to punish the enemy for putting lands on the graveyard. That's why the only deck I like with Sin Prodder is Jund Gitrog midrange.

With the Gitrog Monster Sin Prodder gives a lot of solid card advantage whatever the opponent chooses to do.
>>
Anybody got a fun Gx Aristocrats deck?
>>
anyone know if i can use Basic land cards from 1993 in my current deck from 2015? i just like the way they look
>>
>>48474936
You can use basic-lands from any edition, that's why they're basic.
>>
>>48474936
Yes. Same reason why you have people using $30 Unhinged "Looked at my pimped out deck" full-art basic lands
>>
>>48474964
>>48475022
thanks. i used to collect magic when i was in elementary, decided to try and learn the game as of lately.
>>
>>48475050
Draft some at your LGS, the new sets are actually quite strong now and really fun.
>>
>>48475072
He's not wrong. Flipping cards and the power level is *just* right. Just look up all your card prices on a site called TCG player before trading or else you'll get screwed over. Like that one guy who traded two worthless rares for an Arlinn Kord in a older thread.
>>
>>48474646
This dude straight up won me a draft night.
Having said that, Gryff's Boon is the best card ever printed.
>>
>>48475093
>Arlinn

She's currently an $8 card, I'm surprised. Not bad for bulk rares, but it's no Nahiri.
>>
>>48475357
I'm trying to come up with a way to make a Kiora sea creature deck with that turtle being a part of it.
>>
>>48475501
Wow. She was like $35 right after launch.
>>
>>48475739
They discovered werewolves have shitty flip conditions and realized that EMN was too late to save werewolf tribal and bring it into relevance in at least standard.
>>
>>48475739

Shes good in a bad deck. What can you do.

Also

>thought about buying shit for B/W control
>remember were losing languish

hah, dodged a bullet.
>>
Before your FLGS catches wind of this in the US boxes of EMN there will have all the packs of one specific artwork contain a non-flip mythic rare.
>>
>>48477215
Mythics are supposed to be what, two or three per box on average? That makes no sense.
>>
>>48477650
Just try it out, go to vintage stock or something and buy 1 of each art and unless it's bogus one of them will be mythic, then buy another pack with that same art from the same box.
>>
>>48475804
Arlinn does nothing related to werewolves other than creating wolf tokens and having a flip side.

Also she's a particularly good walker for what she does, I mean, she can boost an individual or all creatures, create tokens, has good removal and the ultimate, like all good ultimates, spells out "you win".
>>
> it took FOUR FUCKING YEARS for a pro to get caught stacking his deck
> he doesn't get sued for the forty thousand dollars in prize money he cheated his way into
> wizards takes absolutely no steps to ensure this doesn't happen again and cheating is still rampant in tournament settings
Twenty fucking years of pro play and they still can't come up with a method of dealing with shit like this is fucking stupid.
>>
>>48471569
Lili was in like three of the top eight decks at the scg tournament, that's a decent showing
>>
>>48477825
what happened?
>>
>>48477894
Some pro with a really long win streak was basically caught red handed mana weaving and stacking his deck between and before rounds and admitted he's been doing it for years and used ocd as an excuse
>>
>>48477947
Didn't that happen a month or two ago.
>>
>>48477664
Don't have a Vintage Stock. In any case it still makes zero sense. Booster packs only have three or four different arts on the front. You're proposing that Eldritch Moon, against all sense, gives you nine Mythics a box?
>>
>>48477961
Yeah.
But absolutely nothing changed. There needs to be more checks to prevent shit like this and I think judges are over worked and expected to shoulder entirely to much responsibility.

It really wouldn't be that hard to have a system that keeps players fucking honest.
>>
>>48466389

I just built this in Standard. Make sure to play the new Spider mythic, that card is amazing. Hangarback Walkers + Evolving Wilds + Dead Weights gets you Delirium so fast.
>>
>>48478014
I don't have a car and i'm not walking to the store at night in the ghetto so I personally haven't tested it yet but people on >reddit are reporting it to be true for several boxes at least. The worst you lose is 4 packs worth of money if it's not real, at best you make a ton of money before others catch wind
>>
>>48478461
I didn't see a reason to elaborate on my personal circumstance, so I'll clarify that I have nowhere local to actually buy loose boosters from boxes. There's literally no means to test this so I'm not "out" anything. I'm just skeptical. The fact that I'm also the only one to respond to this conversation suggests I might be taking some grade-A bait here, but who knows.
>>
>>48478499
I'll be testing this tomorrow morning and will report back whether it worked or not, just felt like giving a heads up is all
>>
>>48478543
It took me a bit to find the relevant info on Reddit, since you mentioned it. So it's not a matter that ALL the boosters of one art have a Mythic, it's that you know where they are if you find one. That means if you're lucky, you'll only have to buy three boosters to determine this, but if you don't find one Mythic, then you have to go buy another set of three until you do find your non-flip Mythic. It's a method that's going to be more fruitful if you were an LGS opening several boxes or even cases worth of cards, less so than your store unless you luck out.

At least now this fuckup makes a little more sense. Link for anyone else curious to know more:
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4u9fgn/fyi_emn_booster_wrapper_mythic_rare_correlation/
>>
>>48478651
well fuck me then, i think i should go to bed if i misread it that badly.
>>
>>48468877
Not the guy you replied to but I offloaded two playsets worth now. Don't feel like they'll go much higher even post rotation, when CoCo dies and control/midrange decks can come back.
>>
File: 9813740198.jpg (23KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
9813740198.jpg
23KB, 500x330px
>Spend hours on end each week stressing out over what deck I want to make for standard that I'll actually enjoy playing but will also be good in the format
>don't have fun playing anything
>realize that I've actually just completely lost interest
>crippling depression keeps me from enjoying anything I love
>whenever I go to finish a deck or play some games I just say fuck it and decide it isn't even worth it
>can't make myself play a new video game
>don't enjoy watching anything
>constantly bored and empty and can't figure out anything to fill the void because I don't have fun doing anything anymore
>everyone at work thinks I'm a freak because I keep to myself because I've completely given up on trying to be social
>want to die at the thought of the girl I loved leaving me for someone else

What deck should I play /tg/? I was thinking maybe something cool and instant/sorcery heavy with Bedlam Reveler. Maybe in R/U?
>>
So I'm thinking of doing mono-blue prison because I hate fun.

What should I side in from EMN?

Spell queller presents a slight problem.
>>
>>48479416
Go find something new to enjoy senpai

It's time to do it
>>
>>48479416
Suicide black.
>>
>>48469603
What the fuck is this garbage.

Pick a wincon and stick to it.
>>
>>48466500

I'm going to call it now and say that spirits will probably be THE deck to play upon rotation. It loses nothing and the Bant plus GW decks lose lot of gas from their best cards. Spirts will lose nothing upon rotation.
>>
>>48479424
you might just need to have a new color entirely

I thought Summary Dismissal and Take Inventory would make that deck legitimate since one or two mainboard Dismissal with two more boarded in would help not be completely obliterated by ramp, but now Spell Queller decided to show up and just give us infinite hell

I don't think decks other than Bant are meant to exist. I love CoCo but I'm super interested to see what the format looks like after rotation
>>
>>48479487
Losing nothing doesn't exactly mean a whole lot when it also doesn't gain anything. This next block doesn't exactly look like it'll be a wellspring of adds for spirit decks and if anything it looks like it'll just create a ton of new archtypes
>>
>>48470321

How are they going to drop a Damnation in Standard anon?

Most of the time in U/B Zombies if you have mana up you don't really fear the current board wipes in Standard. You generally rebuild all over again with stuff like Relentless Dead reanimating threats, bring back Prized Amalgam and slowly bringing back more Zombie tokens.
>>
>>48479516

The Spirits deck doesn't really need extra things to make it a deck upon rotation, the fact that it loses nothing while every other current top tier deck gets weaker will boost it up. It's also literally almost self contained with the whole SOI set itself so a hell of alot of people will just play it given their card pool.
>>
>>48479554
>the fact that it loses nothing
>OCommand
>nothing
>>
>>48479501
I was thinking unsubstantiate might help early on.
If they spell queller your jace's sanctum then you unsubstantiate on your turn and grab it back. Of course, then they have a counter in hand, but surely could play around it. I'm not sure.
>>
>>48479554
Look man, I thought mono green devotion was gonna be the deck to play before Khans hit because it didn't lose anything. But everything else around it just got better and Abzan became the thing to play out of nowhere. Losing nothing doesn't always outweigh the pluses of what the new set adds to everything else
>>
>>48479600

Deck doesn't even rely on it or need it as opposed to a plethora of 1 drops that mono white humans loses or CoCo in Bant.
>>
>>48479611

That's a different story because you went from a mono coloured centric block(Theros) to a fetchbased 3 coloured block. Kaladesh is not going to be a multicoloured centric block(given its theme) and people always like to play safe upon new sets with their deck choices with some choice few exceptional deckbuilders.
>>
>>48479658
it's not a different story because Kaladesh wont have anything to offer the Spirits deck just like Khans didn't have anything for Mono Green. The amount of colors the block is based on is completely irrelevant. The deck relies too much on getting highly synergistic cards to be improved, which it won't because Kaladesh will have nothing to do with Spirits, just like Khans had nothing to do with mono decks. Some new and pushed thing will just show up and take over and Spirits will just remain as
>that one thing that didn't change much I guess
>>
>>48470336
Mina and Denn, wildborn
The gitrog monster
>>
So how have you guys been doing with the whole EMN mapped packs?

I recently went to my LGS and told the manager i was going to test something.

I bought a Liliana EMN Booster pack and opened it in front of him. Got a Gisa and Geralf, then i told him i would buy 8 more packs. I obviously grabbed the rest of the Liliana EMN packs and opened them right in front of him and to his surprise it was jack packed with mythics. 2 Lilianas, 1 Mind Dilation, 1 Tamiyo, 1 Emrakul.

Then i told the store manager about the whole non-flip mythic thing and he was amazed how could wizards fucked that up and he wouldn't believe it if i told him before opening the packs in front of him.

He told me he was going to sell his packs upside down now to avoid people going for the mythic packed packs.
>>
>>48479773
exploration if you needed the help.
>>
I need some help, I made a deck around the Henweir cards, and it looks good in theory, but every fucking time I play a creature someone just immediately shit outs removal on it. I can't keep a damned thing out on the field for more than a turn.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hanweir-transformation/

any suggestions? I'd like to keep extricator of sin, garrison, and battlements as x4.
>>
Hey /tg/, I'm fairly new to MTG and my friends (who are also new) are planning on building me the deck I'll link below, I had a look over it and am I right in thinking it needs card draw? Does it look okay for a cheap deck to you?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/best-token-budget-deck-ever-gw-tokenpopulate/?cat=cost
>>
>>48480132

Is this USA thing only? I wonder if Yurop is affected as well.
>>
File: EN_MTGEMN_BoosterDisplay_large.png (357KB, 480x457px) Image search: [Google]
EN_MTGEMN_BoosterDisplay_large.png
357KB, 480x457px
>>48480132

>not selling them upside down so that people don't realize he already mapped the packs.

It's not just liliana, btw, it depends on the box, but whatever art they are in, it's always that art for the box.
>>
>>48481695

Wonder how many shops will be taking advantage of this to stock singles.
>>
File: c2b06a383c454e63b2ba77e70cd8c42a.jpg (394KB, 1536x888px) Image search: [Google]
c2b06a383c454e63b2ba77e70cd8c42a.jpg
394KB, 1536x888px
>>48481724
Probably all of them in some way.

Just pay attention when you go to drafts and see if anyone cracks a non-flip mythic. You'll still get flips, but if you go to drafts looking for a specific card, keep your eyes open.
>>
>>48478651
no. no, no, no.

you need to read this shit as 'only packs with liliana art have a chance to contain non-flip mythic rare cards. tamiyo and wolf art packs do not contain non-flip mythic rare cards. in a given sealed booster box, the non-flip mythic rare cards will be in liliana art packs exclusively, if at all.'
>>
>>48481833

Actually you should read it as, don't expect to get mythics from boosters because the stores are opening them all.
>>
How do you all get your mtg fix while freeloading at work? I'm in dire need.
>>
>>48482670
duels of the planeswalkers if youre willing to pay like a fag, magic duels if youre an apple fag
>>
>>48482670
I have multiple decks of every format all in a backpack I keep in my car. I have co-workers who used to or currently play magic casually, so I simply let them borrow a deck and we play one another.
>>
>>48479620
>>48479600
yeah, i've been playing 3 of and sometimes sideboarding one out. 4 mana is a lot to ask for in this deck
>>
>>48481786
gah, this is the deck i always want to draft
>>
Is black white life drain worth a shit right now? I've seen some people at my LGS trying it
>>
>>48481724

My local store put a post up on their facebook page warning customers not to buy from an establishment that you don't get to watch them crack each new box they run through.

The owner basically does it for fun so he doesn't have to have a 'real job'. He has no interest in fucking people.
>>
>>48484741
yeah there's a bw ally deck that is pretty nice
>>
>>48483812
>I keep in my car
risky dude
>>
>>48485575
If someone breaks into my car, I'll be more concerned with the damages to my car. My favorite decks I currently have are actually pretty cheap (less than 150$ each) so it's easy to re-coup. Especially since I have a play set of Lilis at home I can off load to buy everything back.
>>
what should i do if no one is trading me on pucatrade?
i've had 7 cards in my want list for like 4 weeks with no dice
>>
I'm newish, can anyone help me. I'm making a bant spirit deck just for fun, but this is my first time getting into tri-color decks. I don't have a lot of good dual-color lands, nor really the money for them. But this is what I have right now.

4 Rattlechains
4 Spell Queller
4 Permeating Mass
4 Selfless (thinking of going two, and putting in two Thunderclap Wyvern)
4 mausoleum wanderer
4 Turn aside
3 Invocation of saint Traft
1 Thalia
3 Void Shrivel
1 Avacyn
1 Gisela
1 Sigarda
1 Deck in stone
1 Tamiyo

For lands,

4 Evolving wilds
4 Islands
7 plains
2 meandering river
1 port town
1 forest
2 woodland stream
1 fortified vista
2 tranquil expanse

So, not many green lands in total. But, I only need 1 to cast anything in my deck. And I don't really care about getting a green land until roughly turn 3, ideally. But I do need double white for quite a few spells, and I need blue for quite a lot of my spells early on.

I know I probably seem ridiculous, but can anyone assit? Thank you.
>>
>>48486280

>thunderclap

fucking never, i dont want to keep explaining shit shit but you dont want this card in your deck. Period.

4 turn aside is pretty hate-y, must be a local meta thing?

Invocation is fine at lower level/lower budgets, but anywhere with competent decks your just asking to get 2 for 1'd all day.

The 1 ofs are just pretty inconsistent, and dipping into green for tamy means you should run more then just 1.
>>
>tfw want to trade away most of my rare ENM cards over the weekend while their prices are still high
>tfw have to leave and go to family wedding
>tfw can't trade because gone
>tfw prices are gonna drop by next weekend and I am gonna miss out on all the inflated value

hopefully foil Gisela holds value for one more week so that I can offload her on something nice
>>
>>48480937
Other two are standard
>>
>>48486360
I have four turn aside because yeah, there's a lot of removal played where I play. But two, it helps prevent getting two for 1'd with invocation.

I've had good experience with Thunderclap previously, but I don't mind keeping him out.

To be honest, I'm more splashing green for permeating mass. I just splurged and bought Tamiyo as well. Though I do want to eventually get another one. But with the theme of the deck, having too many of her I think will hurt me.

Can you recommend any other changes? I am genuinely looking for any assistance anyone is willing to give.
>>
>>48486280
i've been building UW, but in terms of bant the biggest incentive is coco.
4 selfless is good
cut invocation
cut turn aside
cut sigarda
more dec in stone
to be honest without coco it might just be a good idea to go pure u/w
>>
>>48486449
I do agree with you. But there are so many people doing coco decks where I play, I don't want to get into it. I'm just really wanting to try this. Everyone is talking about u/w spirits, so I want to see if I can do bant spirits. Plus, as silly as this is, my favorite color is turquoise, and my favorite tribe, spirits, so I want to make this work.

I'm somewhat set on what spells I want to play, what I'm looking for help the most in, is my landbase. As I said, this is my first tri-color deck. Do you, or anyone have any advice on what lands to remove or put in? Again, I don't have any of the good dual lands, sadly.
>>
>>48486533
my advice is that the cards you have don't make bant worth it
i play spirits with turquoise sleeves, no green cards. it is possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x1602px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x1602px
How does my cheap deck look? Havnt been to a standard event yet.
>>
>>48486692
Thank you friend. I still want to try it, at least a FNM or two, but if it really lets me down, I'll probably just accept it and go U/W.
>>
>>48486722
you can get more use out of odric. put a flyer in there
>>
So, will Standard be complete shit until the next set? The meta at the latest SCG event was fucking terrible, and so were the decks.
>>
>>48486802
That's what the two Not Forgotten are for, as well as Ormendahl. Any good suggestions for low drop fliers? Don't want to mess up curve
>>
>>48486819
selfless spirit and topplegeist are the cheap ok ones i can think of off the top of my head
desu tho just put gryff's boon in, card is awesome anyway
>>
>>48486819
Topplegeist is a 1/1 white flyer for 1. Also has a decent ETB effect, and delirium effect if you can get it.
>>
>>48486852
Looked up Gryffs Boon, holy shit how'd I miss it? Going to look through box and see if I have a set
>>48486854
Don't really want to lose the human tribal, but it seems a good card.
>>
>>48486927
yeah, does a lot of work in a deck like this. they have to kill odric to keep your team from flying with the recursion effect
>>
>>48478056
>>48478056
Why do you care about shit like stacking so much in a shitty luck based game, you autist? It's not like anyone who doesn't stack wins becuase he's more "skilled" at drawing every keycard he needs.
>>
>>48486958
Yeah Odric works hard, and the flip priest let's me live long enough (hopefully) to clue to a winning card
>>
Just cracked a foil Nahiri in my first ever SOI pack.

Too bad I dont really have a deck to put her in, i'm a lucky fucker though
>>
>>48487021
not him but you said it yourself—"luck based game"
if you rig the odds you're removing what makes the game so appealing and fun. there's nothing exciting about a matchup where you can't win because your opponent hits every draw.
>>
>>48485694

Impatiently fold and just buy them outright.
>>
Any thoughts on gearing Sultai Control so that it counters bant better? I suck at sideboarding so I don't even really know what to switch out against a deck like Bant Cocoa.
>>
Building this right now but I'm not sure what to put in sideboard against bant Coco
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-hanweir-1/
>>
>>48487021

Thing is, if he places the cards where he wants them and then is very careful about how he shuffles, he could get the exact card order he wants.

They should just make it so opponents shuffle each others decks for tournaments. Obviously not for local play because my shop has autists that will fuck up cards and then just say that they're still playable in sleeves. Bitch, I didn't buy thousands of dollars worth of cards at this point to watch them go from NM to D in one match.
>>
>>48487155
but i have so many puca points
>>
>>48487775
what cards are you looking for? or link your puca
>>
>>48487785
3x ojutai's, 3x selfless spirit, 1x port town
>>
>>48487814
>>48487785
and probably like 2 stasis snares, i accidentally had them shipped to my other address
>>
>>48487814
let me look at my stuff, I might have some of that
>>
>>48487852
that would be huge
i'm building my first constructed deck and want to be able to play next week
>>
>>48487814
damn, I must have given some of it away, was sure I had that shit, only have one ojutai's command left and that's it from what you want, sorry
>>
I got to play with Collective Defiance at a prerelease and was completely blown away.

Felt like being able to cast cryptic command in standard.

I'm starting to think the escalate cards are seriously underrated right now.
>>
>mfw I realize Matter Reshaper gets a PERMANENT with CMC>4 out and not creature
>It works with O-ring, Stasis Snare and Journey to Nowhere.
>>
>>48487918
desu anything would help at this point
/profiles/show/156019
>>
>>48488436
sent
>>
>>48469603
Swap those cards without madness for cards with madness, considering you got a bunch of discard outlets. Put 4 fiery tempers in place of Fiery Impulse. You don't need Slip Through Space, put something like Just the Wind or some other form of removal with madness in UR. Lightning axe would be dank there, probably.
>>
>>48488533
thanks
t. andy
>>
About the mapped packs:
Which packs should I look for? The ones with Liliana? Or the ones with the werewolf? H-How does it work?
>>
>>48489666
different for each box afaik
>>
>>48482670
The old Shandalar game is freeware.
>>
>>48487921
Escalate is a great mechanic and all the Escalate cards are genuinely good, even the commons. I'm expecting it to be in Keledesh as we have yet to get a blue or green one in the rare slot.
>>
>>48486722

Take out the two copies of second harvest and replace them with two Immolating Glares, they are like a 10 cent uncommon out of Oath of the Gatewatch. If you happen to come across any Dromoka's Commands get those as well, even one copy would noticeably improve the deck. Cards like Watcher in the Web and Plummet are cheap and can help deal with flyer, you can sideboard that stuff. A couple of semi-expensive bombs like Sigarda Heron's Grace or Dragonlord Dromoka would be good too, but you can live without them if you are on a tight budget. Don't expect to win your first event, but you'll definitely be competitive with that deck.
>>
>>48479442
heh.

>>48479416
Stop playing standard for one thing.

Go try pauper or get into legacy/edh.

Also don't smoke weed because if you do in your state you'll probably stay like that for the rest of your life.

Try meditating or LSD if you're lazy.
>>
>>48495938
*edit

I realized you didn't specify standard. Point remains switch it up or do something else.
>>
The judge thread died so I figured I'd ask here. With Turn Aside, would that counter Reflector Mage since it targets one of my permanents?
>>
>>48496509
No. Reflector Mage's bounce is a triggered ability that doesn't happen until after you have a chance to counter Reflector Mage as a creature spell.
>>
>>48495938
agreed on edh, from what i've seen it's a tighter community with more friendliness
>>48496509
its ETB targets a permanent, not reflector mage
>>
>>48486280
With Permeating Mass, you wanna be running as many Declaration in Stone as you possibly can - you've got a chance to turn their whole board into all the same creature, capitalize on things that punish that.
>>
>>48496509
No because it's an ability, not a spell.
>>
>>48496726
>>48496728
>>48496744
Thanks
>>
>>48486722

My son, why aren't you playing town gossipmonger? It's one of the best one drops viable to you. Also why not even a single silkwrap/stasis snare? I can understand the lack of declaration (budget) but passing on good removal just hurts.
>>
>>48478014

I can confirm this.

I have opened a case, each box had a different cover at pack set loaded with mythics. The one specifically for me was the wolf pack, but I heard the Lili's are hot too.

I pulled 12 mythics from 1 box this way, some were shotty, but they were all seated in the same pack type
>>
I'm putting together a deck and was wondering if Silkwrap would be a good stand-in for Dec in Stone for the time being.
>>
>>48482670
>How do you all get your mtg fix while freeloading at work? I'm in dire need.
i work my ass off for lods of emone so i can afford to buy these exorbitantly expensive little hunks of cardboard
>>
File: MTGSDCC_FEAT1.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
MTGSDCC_FEAT1.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Who day 1 baby.

for one the deal is already decent because the total cost for these cards floats around 75 bucks, but you get the bonus of resale value being through the fucking roof.

Your an idiot if you dont try and cop these.
>>
I just took my bant humans and added Thalia heretic cathar to it. FNM win or no?
>>
>>48499198

When are they available?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (16KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
16KB, 215x300px
>tfw you force the cuck to your left into red because he watched one too many "set reviews" by MTG "pro players"

How any legit pro player could have honestly believed that this is the strongest rare in the entire set in limited, is a complete mongoloid and should not be allowed to play MTG ever again.

These """"""""pro"""""""" players are even worse than this god-awful community.
I'm so glad I don't follow this shitty standard season and meme tournaments anymore.
>>
>>48500221

It's great removal, though.

It's the rest of red that holds it back.
>>
>>48466500
They'll break it any day now. Aaaaaany day now.
>>
>>48500983
You always end up down cards with it though. And there's time when it doesn't burn for enough so literally can't remove the creature.
>>
>>48501112

I could see it working really well alongside black and green but only if you get a good selection of delirium cards.
>>
Who hyped for Kaladesh to bring back red deck wins?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/storming-prowess/
I just took an inventory of cards that I own to see if I can boost this deck without spending money. I don't actually own, however, Collective Defiance. I'm willing to buy another Shivan Reef and another Lightning Axe, but that's it for now.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking some of the new Eldritch Moon cards should go in, and I'm really looking with a lot of excitement at Glint, which seems like the perfect card for a deck like mine.
>>
>>48500221
/tg/ is bad at magic: the post
>Wow I have to discard some cards for a one sided board wipe, what a load of shit
>>
>>48502386
Not to mention it's great to get some madness going while board wiping their shit.
>>
>>48502386
It's not just being bad at magic, it's a combination of foaming at the mouth and paranoid delusions. He's probably a functioning shizophrenic.
>>
>>48502531
3 mana, discard 2 fiery tempers, hit two things for 6 and pay 2 red to lightning bolt their face or clean up remaining blockers, swing for lethal

If madpires ever sees play this could be great sideboard.

If it was instant speed it'd be fucking godlike, imagine answering CoCo with this, playing a madpire or temper and tempoing the fuck out of them
>>
>>48504304
Oh, it's also a great enabler for Lupine Prototype, asylum visitor and Bloodhall Priest. Nuke you entire hand to wipe their board and start swinging with your 5/5 and drawing 2 cards a turn
>>
http://deckstats.net/decks/69657/534579-ur-standard-prowess-aggro
Jaceless Prowess, do I make room for the last two curious homunculus?
>>
>>48471596

I think it's worse. Abzan didn't kill Standard at my LGS like Bant CoCo did.
>>
>>48504385
>http://deckstats.net/decks/69657/534579-ur-standard-prowess-aggro
board out dispel
>>
>>48504565

It'll die out. Bant CoCo just feels safe because it's familiar and covers a lot of ground.
>>
>>48504342
Exactly. Fuck it. I'm making my Kaiju deterrence deck
>>
Buildan Jeskai humans, this is what I have so far.

Thinking about dec-in-stone/silkwrap/some white removal, Hanweir Garrison combo, Always Watching, Thalia's Lieutenant, a flicker effect (Long Road Home), and other shit like that.
>>
File: 1469735685748.jpg (32KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1469735685748.jpg
32KB, 512x288px
>>48504855
forgot picture
>>
>>48504841
New Commander set needs to have 1. Ludevic 2. Rem Karolus and 2. Lupine Masterpiece, 5 mana 10/10 haste with the same hell bent requirement

I want to make super wolfbot fighting wars a reality
>>
>>48504884
>tfw need 1 port town and 2 ojutai's for muh deck
>:(
>>
>>48505575
actually, anyone need tamiyo and have selfless spirits?
>>
>>48466389
>>48489385
>this is what an MtG player looks like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GadqHggATe8

Are all you anons this hot?
God damn where are the yaoi doujins? They look like a wet dream out of dawson's creek.
>>
>>48505575
You wouldn't want me to desecrate your waifus, would you now?
>>
>>48505675
>take that, Sam
I think Sam likes it.
>>
>>48504855
>>48504884

I've been trying to decide what to do along a similar line since I came upon four Reflector Mages without trying.

Also getting kinda bored of UR Prowess. It can win without much issue but it's pretty simple to use.
>>
>>48506650
Here's my thoughts

3x Gryff's Boon
4x Thraben Inspector
4x Town Gossipmonger

2x Long Road Home (to trigger Thalia's Lieutenant, re-trigger Thalia, Thraben Inspector, or Reflector Mage and buff) or Blessed Alliance
3x Always Watching
4x Thalia's Lieutenant
4x Declaration in Stone or white removal
4x Red spells (roast, incendiary flow)

4x Reflector Mage
1-2x Thalia
3x Hanweir Garrison

2x Ojutai's Command

4x Battlefield Forge
2x Port Town
4x Prairie Stream
2x Needle Spires
8x Plains
2x Island
>>
>>48466389
I actually just made a Jund delirium deck and have been getting good results against most decks main problem I've been getting is the mana fixing for anything with double mana symbols.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gbr-seasons-1/

Any suggestions on sideboard would be awesome
>>
We need an anti bant deck. Something that just perfectly counters bant to the point that no one feels safe playing it, even if the deck loses to everything else.
>>
>>48507865
Black/red?
>>
>>48507865
Its easier to just play the mirror desu.
>>
>>48506901

Just dropped about a hundred on singles off TCG, I'll keep some of that in mind. Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
>>48508368
I pulled this shit out of my ass, I have no idea how it works yet
>>
>>48507865
>We need an anti bant deck. Something that just perfectly counters bant

have you considered bant
>>
File: Image.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
117KB, 223x311px
>>48486722
with all your humans i recommend this
>>
File: 1431989555515.jpg (18KB, 185x180px) Image search: [Google]
1431989555515.jpg
18KB, 185x180px
>>48486722
>No Always Watching
>>
>>48507705
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gbr-seasons-1/

How in the world do you think 21 lands is enough????? Your curve is way to high for that. You want 25 or 26 lands with how this deck is built. Not running 4 Hissing Quagmries with Sylvan Advocate is a sin.

Drop the Mindbenders, a Seasons past, and a Dark Petition. You can perpetuate a Season's Past Loop with just a couple tutors and one Season's Past, and it prevents you from getting awkward mana intensive, do-nothing hands.

If you're deadset on the Delirum subtheme, the Vessels and Terrarions aren't going to help enough. With Land, Instant, Sorcery, and Creature, you only really need a fifth type if you plan on dropping t4 Mindbenders consistently. I recommend Hangarback Walkers or Liliana, the Last hope.

Your best Delirium Payoff card is Traverse. To the Slaughter, while cool on paper, is often not that helpful if you cannot keep the board empty. More Languishes is a good idea.

Kolaghan's Command is a baller with GDD. You should run 2-3.
>>
>>48508499
Thanks for the advice! I'm mostly testing the terrarions and vessels to get me more consistent mana. I'm definitely going to sub them out for a Couple hangarback walkers I got. Though I dislike replacing the mindbenders as they've come in clutch for other long term games when taking out the opponents trump card. Plus T6 sac GDD into this and anything else is good. I"m going to also stave away from the Kolgahns commands since they'll be rotating soon and I don't want to shell that out on them
>>
>>48508378

I basically bought playsets of cards I didn't have yet.

>>48508451

Fuck I think forgot to get a set of those.
>>
>>48508717

Try a manabase like this:

4 Hissing Quagmire
3 Game Trail
4 Foreboding Ruins
4 Evolving Wilds
3 Smoldering Marsh
2 Cinder Glade
2 Swamp
2 Mountain
2 Forest

You will have a lot of Tapland heavy lands if you don't draw a Battleland or a Basic, but the Showlands really do help against double cost spells.
>>
File: 20160728_114331.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160728_114331.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Tried to make a W aggro deck featuring tamiyo and CoCo. any card recommendations? thinking of adding a couple of >>48508420 due to the abundance of humans.
>>
>>48509567
looks fun!
>>
>>48508297
>>48508392

So how long until bant coco becomes such a big meme that wotc sells preconstructed versions with special art?
>>
>>48509567
That defensive control and early game push.

How do you like this set up?
>>
>>48506901
Bump for list help
>>
>>48510321
truth be told I could not say. I have only been able to test it against someone playing a casual deck with Jitte and Stoneforge Mystic, but the removal worked well enough against it. Migh put a Tithes in sideboard and sub something out for Expose Evil.
>>
>play with my mono U brains in a small tournament
>lose all 6 matches and only one was close

I guess I really have to upgrade to the mono U prism deck, huh
>>
>>48509567

>dips into green
>no hamlet, dromoka, just coco
>ETB effects not even significant enough

When people deck build do they just throw 60 cards in sleeves and call it a day or what.
>>
>>48509567
I think you could use some blessed alliances in there to trigger Lone Rider and some anthems to make your guys more fearsome. Always watching turns weenies into beasts.

Dromo's command could work, as could some blue (cause you have some in there)
>>
File: Image[1].png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].png
117KB, 223x311px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-07-16-its-dangerous-to-go-alone-take-this/

help
>>
>>48513281

Wizards is really playing with fire with that card. Going into kaladesh blue white are the best colors, and will feature plenty of evasion to sneak in equipment.

They just can't make good equipment now. And if they do, I hope you all bought your playset of foil wharf infiltrator because it's gonna be nuts.
>>
>>48513382

Surely wizards will give us some good artifact removal in Kaladesh.
>>
What's the general consensus on WB Angels? My friend and I were testing it against Bant Company, and Angels were winning a lot. Is the matchup really that favourable for Angels, or it's not and we just don't know how to play the deck? Does things change much against sideboard?
>>
>>48513414

Aetherial Pulse

Destroy all artifacts on the battlefield.

2 blue mana, and 3 colorless.
>>
>>48501761
Hey lads, I've decided on this shortlist. It's too big though, I need to drop 14 more cards. Any suggestions? I'm considering getting rid of Uncaged Fury but that double-strike potential has won me games before. I don't want to end up card or mana-screwed so cards like Drag Under, Grip of the Roil, and Contingency Plan seem good but I don't have enough room in this deck for them.

Instant (26)
3x Dispel
4x Expedite
4x Galvanic Bombardment
2x Glint
3x Rush of Adrenaline
4x Titan's Strength
2x Turn Aside
2x Turn to Frog
2x Uncaged Fury

Sorcery (7)
4x Slip Through Space
3x Take Inventory

Creature (17)
1x Bedlam Reveler
4x Elusive Spellfist
1x Niblis of Frost
3x Sanguinary Mage
4x Stormchaser Mage
2x Weaver of Lightning
2x Zada, Hedron Grinder

Land (24)
4x Highland Lake
9x Island
10x Mountain
1x Shivan Reef
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.