[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 402
Thread images: 48

File: IMG_20160514_225338.jpg (490KB, 910x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160514_225338.jpg
490KB, 910x682px
New CSM units leaks and pictures edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Not the FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GBö/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Csm are so desperate to be broken again that they'll believe anything sub edition :^)
>>
1st for Chikun on those pictures
>>
>>48458371
>New CSM units

Do you have any source ?
>>
File: aesthetic.jpg (340KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic.jpg
340KB, 1200x800px
2nd for f r e s h m e m e s
>>
>>48458466
>No palm trees
C O M E O N S O N
>>
>>48458371
>Csm are so desperate to be broken again that they'll believe anything sub edition :^)

That's some marine privilege if I have ever seen it.
>>
>>48458371
>desperate to be broken
It's not that.

It's that the wait for been disappointed is worst than disappointment itself.
>>
>>48458371

>Csm are so desperate to be broken again that they'll believe anything sub edition :^)
>>
>>48458488
>broken again

3.5 Iron Warrior gunline was the only time we got anything close to be "broken". Using quotes here because it was a good yet fair strategy.

But of course you can't know that because you are probably an underage fag playing SM that started with 6th ed like most of the shitposters in here.
>>
>>48458371
OP you are cruel
>>
>>48458514
>what would hell be, if it's prisoners could not dream of heaven
>>
File: palmtrees.jpg (363KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
palmtrees.jpg
363KB, 1200x800px
>>48458477
>>
>>48458396
>Really? I've never had luck with the Ruststalkers, they were always too flimsy to make use of the AP2 stuff.
>But I'll try it out, sounds pretty neat

Okay so the key trick is to make use of three things:

1: The 12 inch debuff bubble means that most enemy models will have I3 or lower when you hit them with your grenade-toting Ruststalkers.
2: Combine that with the doctrines, and you can get WS7 vs WS3 for that extra defensive buff.
3: Your slaughterspint, plus the infiltrators... Infiltrating, means that you should be able to pull an absolutely brutal charge off fairly early in the game. Positioning and timing is paramount of course, but you can really make your enemy reel from it.

Then of course, add in that one of your Ruststalker units has Zealot from the Omniscient Mask for that particularly stubborn unit.
>>
Are Khorne Daemons the weakest of the 4?
They seem to die off very easily.
>>
File: 1468742344796.gif (481KB, 158x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468742344796.gif
481KB, 158x281px
Friendly game against Necron wraith spam with no cheese formation. (I run out of Rhinos so I used a Crusader, meaning I had to drop an Exorcist)

+++ Sisters & Inquistion (1498pts) +++

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (453pts) ++

+ HQ (63pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

+ Elites (390pts) +

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (390pts) [3x Crusader, 5x Death Cult Assassin, Psyker]
··Land Raider Crusader [Dozer Blade, Psybolt Ammunition]

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1045pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (290pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (360pts) +

Dominion Squad (180pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]

+ Heavy Support (260pts) +

Exorcist (130pts) [Storm Bolter]

>>
>>48458961

Sauce?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm bringing a Nurgle Daemonic Incursion w/GUO vs. Eldar with 1 Wraithknight, a ton of Scatter Bikes, a couple Warp Hunters, and idk what else. It's his 1850 ITC list for FoB, LVO, BAO, etc.

How do I ensure my 4 squads of Plague Drones catch his bikes turn 2? I dont know much about Eldar jet bikes, but my Plague Drones are jet pack cavalry.
>>
>>48459046
After some proper critic.
>>
What FW tanks do i pick if i wanna live the stug life? Any other hull mounted guns than thunderers?
>>
>>48459099

Typhon yo.
>>
>>48458769

Speed, friend. Speed, speed, speed.

My typical pure Khorne daemons list looks something along these lines:

40 flesh hounds in two units, one led by Karnak and the other by a jugger-Herald with axe and locus.

D-thirster,

Skull cannons to clear some chaff and act as grenades,

Minimum troops, perhaps with an axe on the leader,

And a Blood Slaughterer or two, just for fun.

Footslog everything. Rush to close the jaws of your twin hound units on either flank of the board, granting yourself a fierce front for opposing target priority to face. D-thirster should use terrain to partially shield itself from fire, and by the time your footslogging Bloodletters cross the board, they ought to be on cleanup duty. By not deep striking them and having more pressing threats, they ought to still be at full strength when they charge in.
>>
>>48458961
I see nothing here that will kill wraiths. Your inq squad in the LRC will just tarpit.

You know meltas aren't great vs them, nor are flamers
>>
>>48459099
Arkurian Pattern Stormblade.

Solar Auxilia Medusa/Basilisk

Some other stuff.
>>
>>48459118
Is not like SoB have anything beside meltas, flamers and bolters. (Combi-Plasmas do not count to be fair, since there can only be one in each squad)

Basically I'm trying to force wounds, eventually they will fail their save.
>>
>>48459095

I like it and personally like a Crusader in there more than another Exorcist. Flamers are your best tools when dealing with Wraiths, we'll necrons really.
>>
How viable is a Deathwing terminator only list?
>>
>>48459168
Well, yeah, thats the restriction, but you haven't really taken anything that will help with their main issue (wraiths).
You've taken allies so clearly you're open to it, so maybe ally something in to kill wraiths.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>48458574
>3.5
>Not broken
>Not the most broken just behind eldars
>>
>>48459172
>>48459118
>>48459046
Fair enough. Here is your source, look for "young Vietnamese girl jenny"

>>48459191
The thing is I basically have some old third edition footslogging Black Templars, bunch of random models that work like charm for Inquisition.
>>
>>48459180
You'll auto lose turn one
>>
>>48459180
iirc, Deathwing must Deepstrike and therefore you cannot have an all-Deathwing army because you have no models on the table.
>>
>>48459180

>terminators
>viable outside of 4e ass cannon spam and 5e TH/SS
>>
File: destroyer tank hunter.png (1MB, 988x652px) Image search: [Google]
destroyer tank hunter.png
1MB, 988x652px
>>48459099
You rang?
>>
>>48459230
>>48459232
So there are no formations for it? Do you have to run like a landraider spearhead formation attached to it, so you have something starting on the board?
>>
>>48459237
So terminators just are not competative anymore?
>>
>>48459290
Haven't been for a long time.
>>
>>48459264
The formations don't allow for turn 1 deep strikes, the best you can do if you want to go mono deathwing is drop pod in a couple of dreadnoughts, but even then that's unreliable as fuck.

Dark angels used to have the last viable terminator list with their 6th ed codex, but the 7th ed one has stripped them back and either nerfed or removed important parts of how deathwing lists operated. It's a shame.
>>
Guys I need lewd 40keks confessions for my blog
>>
>>48459290
They're pretty terrible.
>>
>>48459425
I know this is a dumb question, but why does GW ruin so many cool lists in 40k?! It's so annoying. I started playing back in the day, 4th edition up until end of 5th. Picked it back up a few months ago and have been running some marines I have left over at my LGS. The game just kinda feels silly now. Random charge distances, drop pods, crazy gargantuans etc. I wish 40k stayed at 5th edition. It might just be my nastolgia making it feel better, but it just seemed like a better game. I am having fun running my armies now in 7th, but 40k is just not as good anymore IMO. Still fun for a few hours every Saturday afternoon before I got out.
>>
>>48459497
>incoming Slaaneshi derail replete with 7' flaccids, transgender facilities, and Raptor guys army of homemade deviants.
>>
Does the Start Collecting! Militarum tempestus formation help scions as a core force? Or are they still doomed to be some ally mini-dex only?
>>
>>48459538

Drop pods have been since 4th and earlier. If you're going to get mad at least know what you're being mad about.
>>
>>48459538

The only valid complaint on that list is randomized charge distances, more so that you don't move at all if you fail a charge. The rest are fine and only one is negative because of two specific factions being busted as shit with theirs.
>>
>>48459538
Started 3rd edition* not 4th
>>
>>48458574
>fair strategy

Yes, 4 pie plates and 9 obliterators on top of your 6 man las/plas squads. Totally legit.

Lets not forget the fun of twin-lash princes in the next book.
>>
>>48459586
They are spammed way more now. When I started nobody ran them.
>>
Any Dark Eldar players out there have advice for painting/assembling the Raider? I have no idea how to approach this beast.
>>
>>48459656
Have you tried reading the instructions?
>>
>>48459641
Back then They were forge world only, they kind of sucked, no turn 1 deep strike, most players never used them

Now they are the backbone of many space marine lists
>>
>>48459688
Yeah was gunna say, I never saw them until recently.
>>
>>48459573
First off, goggle shit, you may find your answer.

Next the formation says if the scions die and the commissar is still alive he can place an exact copy of the scions into reserve.
>>
New to the game, been reading through the rules and building my army, and I've been putting together my Orks. I was going to make it using the Great WAAAAGH!-band detatchment, but there's an ability that it grants that.. just seems like I'm reading it wrong.

The rule is "Da boss iz watchin". It says "Units with the Mob Rule special rule that include at least one model from this detachment or formation gain a +2 modifier to any rolls on the Mob Rule table. However, should any of these units suffer hits from the Breaking Heads or Squabble results on the Mob Rule table, they will suffer D3+3 Strength 4 AP- hits instead of D6 Strength 4 AP- hits"

So, the Mob rule is rolled every time you fail a morale check. on a 1, you get Born to Fight, which if the unit is locked in combat, it passes the morale check or pinning test, and if its not, it fails. on a 2-3 you get Breaking Heads, which makes it suffer hits and is treated as if it passed the morale or pinning test, but fails if there aren't any characters in the group. On a 4-6, you get squabble, which if it has 10 or more models, you suffer hits and it is treated as if it passed, but if it has less than 10 units, it fails.

So.. if I'm reading it right, it means that on a 1 you get Breaking Heads, and on a 2-6 you get squabble? That seems very shitty, because there are several groups that are less than 10 models in the great waaaaagh band.
>>
>>48459730
I know what it does, I was looking to see if anyone has any experience with it.
>>
>>48459735
Sorry, sir. Orks and that supplement especially are beyond fucked. The rule in question is plain retarded and the only benefit is for shooty giant blobs of orks... which no-one runs because orks are choppy.
>>
>>48459730
But you didn't answer his question, all you did was give him some sanctimonious drivel, you fucking retard.
>>
>>48459759
I ran that when shootas were free and 9+ blobs were fearless. 3 big 30 strong hordes was fun as fuck.
>>
>>48459678
Sorry, I mean good sections to paint before assembly. It's tough figuring out which parts will be inaccessible after being put together.
>>
>>48459759
Really? I mean.. It doesn't even make sense lore wise. The boss of the great waaagh band is watching, so we're gonna have a 1 in 6 chance of staying in line if there's a leader in the group, and then a 5 in 6 chance of squabbling?
>>
>>48459112
>>48459253
>>48459122
Nice thanks.

Related question, how do you run russ battle tanks? Sponsons seem pretty pointless since ordinance shits all over that. Is there even a point in taking battle cannon russes?
>>
So, I had the idea, while shitting on the clock, about a stupidly super-elite GK list. Dreadknights shunt up the sides of the board with the termies in the middle acting as a deep strike beacon. Draigo+Lib+BannerPaladins as 1 deep strike group and the other Paladins as another group. And walk around wrecking shit(in theory).

How fast do you guys think I'd get tabled?
>>
>>48460077

The other main guns have their niches, and you put sponsons on Ordnance Russes for a) weight of fire, or b) as a soak for Weapon Destroyed (hon. mention c) so your Demolisher can shoot things more than 24" away). Battle Cannons make MEQs cry bitch-tears (assuming they don't scatter too far...), and they can shoot anything they can see, so they make decent back-line fire support. YMMV, ofc.
>>
File: 41419.png (50KB, 676x1264px) Image search: [Google]
41419.png
50KB, 676x1264px
>>48460179
Forgot pic
>>
Exclusively nurgle Daemonic Incursion.

Y/N?

(big bird a shit)
>>
>>48460180
My issue is mostly that 90% of my opponest are slaaneshi daemons, orks, nids, SoB with inq allies with few actual sisters and mostly meltas and monkeys in transports and exorcists hiding under a triple AV 14 bubble.

Pie plates always seem so pointlesly lack luster, to the point where i only use three basilisks because i have them and that i'm stubbornly trying to get them to work dedpite them almost always prove to be dead weight. Russes just seem to be more points for about the same/less hurt that dies just the same in cc on turn two anyway.

I just wanna use a damn tank without feeling like im gimping myself.
>>
File: 800px-Defiled.jpg (65KB, 800x545px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Defiled.jpg
65KB, 800x545px
>>48460316
if you mean kairos then he's a damn good buy and from mandatory to kind of need him

nurgle incursion can work well (actually this is for all the formations) with msu and denying overwatch. if you need more punch take the 3 soulgrinder formation and a CAD. hell i'm tempted to use that soul grinder formation, i already have 2 defilers so I would just need a soul grinder
>>
>>48460344
>Monkeys
>SoB

At least you can say the Daemon Host pure hearted individuals that sacrificed himself to the Emperor or some bullshit. But Xenos and SoB absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>48460316
Y
It's super OP vs shooting armies.
>>
>>48459614
Drop Pods aren't even remotely close to fine.
>>
>>48460419
I never got what was so good about him, seems like people are overly afraid of the warp storm.
>>
>>48460431
They fail spectacularly every time though, and when i finally threw my marines at his army, they sll died to drop pod stormbolters.

The main issue with the SoB army is that i have to tailor my army and strategy entirely to deal with the tripple AV14 shields.
>>
>>48460485
>people seem overly afraid of the table that fucks you over 1/6 of the time
Sure, he's not that necessary in the Incursion, but you really want some form of mitigation.
>>
>>48460494
AV14 Landraiders? Or I'm missing something in 7th.
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Webstore-Blog/2016/07/25/Using-all-the-Space-Marines

Taking this is implicit permission to field Drop Pods as CSM, are there any viable builds enabled by this? MSU Plague Pod Spam seems interesting, maybe backed up by some Chaos fliers.

Something like

>Combined Arms Detachment
Chaos Lord- Mark of Nurgle- 80
Plague Marines (5)- Meltagun (2), Combi-melta, Drop Pod- 185
Plague Marines (5)- Plasma Gun (2), Combi-plasma, Drop Pod- 185
Plague Marines (5)- Plasma Gun (2), Combi-plasma, Drop Pod- 185
Hell Blade- Helstorm Autocannons- 115
Hell Blade- Helstorm Autocannons- 115
Chaos Fire Raptor- 200
>Cyclopia Cabal
Sorcerer- Mastery Level 3, VotLW, Spell Familiar- 130
>>
>>48460485
If you math it out, his warlord trait, combined with his other reroll, combined with the warpstorm +/-1 from incursion lets you get a roll of 10 or 11 something like 50% of the time.
>>
>>48460542
So, it isn't that people are afraid of the warpstorm. The warpstorm actually becomes your greatest asset with kairos in an incursion.
>>
File: 1443041153174.gif (941KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1443041153174.gif
941KB, 350x280px
>>48460485
>that one game against the tau where i totally had it turn 1, gave a exalted seeker chariot 2++ due to book and warp surge
>that feel when the next turn i got 6++ and totally got shot to hell

rarely happens but a reroll is helpful. he has lots of powers but it's the warp storm reroll people love

>>48460551
i've had it score first blood a few times and really hurt the enemy to my amusement
>>
>>48460526
>Taking this is implicit permission to field Drop Pods as CSM,

Except it isn't, as CSM's aren't considered to be a Space Marines faction. They're Chaos Space Marines, and entirely different faction, which is even detailed in our own Codex under the Veterans of the Long War section.

We have our own drop pods from FW. It's not much, but it's something.
>>
>>48460509
Na, I always got on fine without him.
Most of the 'time punished by the gods' just kills some no name squad leader that I summoned and 'the warp recedes'.

From memory I can only count one occasion when it cost me the game compared to three games it won for me.
Keeper punished by the gods.
Nurgle killing a hive tyrant first turn, ignoring all his saves.
Khorn instant-deathing an entire librarius conclave.
Tzeentch herald possessing a farseer, scuttling to cover then turning in to a bloodthirster.
>>
>>48460517
Fortification that basically works as a massive immovable transport to every friendly unit with in 12 of it. So every turn i have to glance or pen AV 14 three times if i wanna shoot anything inside the 12 bubble. If i miss the target, i somehow also miss the massive bubble. It makes shootibg matches near impossible to win unless i spam long range anti armour weapons, which will the struggle to deal with the crusader and assassin death stars and faste melta that starts shooting the second they leave the safety of the bubble. Meanwhile, the three exorcists inside shower my dudes with missile spam.

Only thing that i have seen works i picking marines and just cram all 1850 points into the 12 radius bubble as fast as possible.
>>
>>48460645
There is no "Space Marine" faction that includes all the others as far as the rules are concerned. That's why VotLW has to specify that it means all the non-Space Marine Space Marine books.

From a rules perspective, Blood Angels taking Grav Cents and Stormwolves is the same as Chaos Space Marines taking Drop Pods.
>>
>>48460316
Nurgle Incursion with like a daemon prince or two, or even a GUO is arguably a top tier list. Tallyband fucks shooty armies bad, and tallyband with a rotswarm of appreciable size or a nurgle forgehost is bad fucking news.
>>
>>48460710
Do I fit big bird in there, even though I hate the flavor?
>>
>>48460551
With Kairos and an incursion you can do shit like routinely choose between possession and warp surge which are huge outcome determining effects. Possession is more situational, but auto-killing a character psyker or a flyrant or something will win you games.
>>
>>48460734
Fateweaver is an incredibly good unit in just about any daemon list and probably one of the best psyker units/FMCs in the game, it's tough to recommend against him.

But hey, if you ever get bored of winning you can instead run him as a lord of change which is also an incredibly devastating unit but not quite so unstoppable (unless you give it an impossible robe)
>>
>>48460783
The issue is mostly that I hate the flavor of running any Tzeentch unit in a nurgle army. I wonder if there's a way to fluff fateweaver as a nurgle force.
>>
I got 2 squads of boyz in battlewagons.
1 squad has a mega armoured warboss with lukky stikk so he can pull off 2+ rerollable shenanigans to protect the squad.
Should I give the other squad eavy armour in this case? I don't have enough hq slots for a pain boy and I want them to survive in combat.
My meta does not have a lot of mass ap4 shooting a la Autocannons so I don't suppose I'll get dakkad to death regardless.
>>
>>48460839
Well full fluffy you still have the base Nurgle "neverdie" shit, so there's that. It's just Fateweaver brings some mad offensive power with ML4 AND rerolls on Warp Storm AND using his once per turn reroll on the Warp Storm table
So what you're really sacrificing is offense, see
>>
>>48460881
not even the mighty fateweaver can reroll a reroll
>>
>>48460839
Lords of Change and Fateweaver especially, are totally capable of allying themselves with their sworn daemonic enemies if it serves their scheming. It's definitely not unthinkable that a big bird could find himself directing a tallyband to his own ends.
>>
>>48460898
No that's not the point
If you roll snake eyes, you reroll total, but if you roll a 6 and a 1, just reroll the 1 and you've god a much better chance of something good.
Fateweaver can choose how he rerolls, that's what's so powerful.
>>
>>48460921
ohh i got you.
>>
>>48460645
>>48460708
Taking it even further, if all the Space Marines were one faction like you claimed, it would be kosher to field a CAD made up of any "Space Marine" units that you wanted. You could take a Grey Knight Librarian with some Grey Hunters in Drop Pods supported by Death Company and Iron Hands GravCents.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 419x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 419x346px
Behold a Ferrobeast, 40k's rust monster, and a middle finger to every cogboy and Iron Hand.
>>
>>48461504
why does it look so confused
It's like "what the fuck am I doing here"
>>
>>48460868
Unfortunately eavy armor is rarely worth it. If your meta is mostly AP 5 and AP - then give it a try, although a BW should deliver them to CC pretty reliably.
>>
So do orks have assholes? Dicks? In the deff squadron boy an ork was using an outhouse so...
>>
>>48461504
>>48461571
>>
>>48459118
>>48459168
To be fair, at 1,500 he will only likely face one unit of 4 max. Just saying.
>>
>>48461234
And that happens all the fucking time.
How the hell have you not heard of superfriends? It's amongst the number one lists right now.
>>
>>48461855
As per the recent FAQs, Allies can no longer deploy in Transports that are not from their Detachment.
>>
>>48461879
Superfriends never relied on transports, only SkitMec did. Superfriends today is mostly a series of Bikers.
>>
>>48459928
Yeah dude, that's why I made a different codex. GW objectively did not understand how the army is supposed to work (& has admitted such).

Bit ly/Orks7ePDF

If your group is cool, it's a better, simpler codex than GW's that won't make your dudes kill themselves. Have fun.
>>
>>48461905
I wouldn't say that is entirely true, but the other guy did mention it in his post so yeah. Continue.
>>
Saw this little pic elsewhere, wanted to bring it to you gents' attention. What do you guys think it means? At my most cynical, I'm assuming it just means they get mentioned in some campaign book, no new rules or anything. Dare I be optimistic and hope for new models and a codex that I can actually rap my knuckles against?
>>
>>48461979
>What do you guys think it means?
S Q U A T T E D
>>
File: 1310771405239.png (18KB, 480x463px) Image search: [Google]
1310771405239.png
18KB, 480x463px
>>48461721
They have shitting holes in the bottom of Stompas.
>>
>>48461571
Because it wants to know why there is no iron to eat.
>>48461766
Kek. Thank you, Anon.
>>
File: talking about sisters.jpg (590KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
talking about sisters.jpg
590KB, 1000x1600px
>>48461979
doesn't mean shit anon. don't you remember how sisters got a mention in Kauyon?
>>
>>48461979
Maybe.
>>48461996
So original.
>>48462328
I think that's probably one of the worst aspects of that.
>>
So I've been looking at Nurgle daemons after seeing them mentioned here quite a bit. I don't see how they are supposed to be so durable. Toughness 4 or 5, with a 5+ invuln? How is that tanky at all? I see they have shrouded too, but that doesnt seem like its enough considering the firepower in the game.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>48462482
Their durability is relative to the price.
Meaning that compared to SM and such, they aren't very tough. But being much cheaper than a space marine their durability is a steal.
>>
Working on my nurgle list.

The goal is mainly to have fun in the psychic phase, while guaranteeing a no scatter deepstrike on 2 units a turn. off of my Plague Drones. It'll be the first list I make models for, so mostly casual, though I'd like to make it competitive over the years.
# The Tallyband Can (1848pts) #

## Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) (Chaos CD Daemonic Incursion) (1010pts) ##

### Core (675pts) ###
* #### Tallyband (675pts) ####
Herald of Nurgle
Greater Locus of Fecundity, Horn of Nurgle's Rot, Psyker Level 2
3x Nurglings
3x Nurglings
3x Nurglings
10x Plaguebearers, Upgrade one Plaguebearer to Plagueridden
Instrument of Chaos, 10x Plaguebearers
Instrument of Chaos, 10x Plaguebearers
10x Plaguebearers

### Command (300pts) ###
Kairos Fateweaver

### Auxiliary (35pts) ###
5x Furies

## Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (838pts) ##

### HQ (150pts) ###
Herald of Tzeentch
2x D6 Lesser Daemonic Reward, Psyker Level 3, The Oracular Dais

### Elites (208pts) ###
2x Beasts
2x Beasts

### Troops (198pts) ###
* #### Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (99pts) ####

11x Pink Horrors
11x Pink Horrors

### Fast Attack (282pts) ###
* Plague Drones of Nurgle (141pts)
Icon of Chaos
* Plague Drones of Nurgle (141pts)
Icon of Chaos
>>
>>48462618
swap oracle dais and lesser rewards for grimoire and disc
even if you don't have a deathstar use it on fatey so your opponent won't ever get slay the warlord
also, maybe cut a unit of plague drones for screamers and use Cursed earth instead of an icon.
>>
>>48462618
Take one unit of drones with some size and give it a plague banner and a plagueridden. Also consider getting some characters to give etherblades. Work a grimoire in somewhere as well.

Maybe minus a beast and make the other a unit of 3 to free up some points for a unit of screamers.
>>
File: 1469245839882.jpg (153KB, 326x550px) Image search: [Google]
1469245839882.jpg
153KB, 326x550px
>player fields Blood Angels scouts with sniper rifles and camo cloaks
>cloaks are green camouflage
>armor still bright red
>>
>>48463127
>Sullying your armor's machine spirit for some puny camouflage
pussy
>>
>>48461953
>GW objectively did not understand how the army is supposed to work (& has admitted such).
They understand better than yours
I'll take a dozen mob rules over the shit you've got there. You've got every classic blunder of a fandex rolled into a single neat package, so we can tell anyone else making a dex "here's how not to do it"
>>
>>48463258
What exactly are the flaws that you see in SpaceOdin's codex?
>>
>>48462618
Swap Horn for Grimoire, swap Dais+Lessers for Paradox.
>>
I'm sick of the celebrity circlejerk that's infected this general.

You don't get to rewrite a rulebook because you feel the rules aren't competitive enough for you. And to have the audacity to make other players put up with your fandex wankery is entitled and WAAC.

>this isn't as powerful as I want it to be so I'm changing the rules

Bollocks.
>>
a lot of fandexes miss the point of the codex I think

that one CSM fandex that is floating around completely misses what makes CSM interesting and just makes them spikey marines

personally I'd rather see the current CSM codex removed, and in is place see:
>Chaos Legions: A Space Marine Supplement
for the edgelords who hate fun and would rather be playing 30k

>Codex: Warbands of Chaos
now includes traitor guard, mixed squads, more weird stuff, more small units, more single models, crazy upgrades, and a ten page list of wargear for chaos lords.
>>
Honestly, a fandex should be a board type of deal where you have multiple people (>2) who know the game in and out designing everything while also checking eachothers work.
>>
>>48463533
>for the edgelords who hate fun and would rather be playing 30k

Why do you hate 30k so much? I like both games/lore well but I prefer the balance in 30k. Does this make me an edgelord?
>>
>>48463560
not all who play 30k are edgelords or hate fun

but the people obsessed with chaos legions are
>>
>>48458371
http://openthekrate.com/

Reminder that this fucking thing hasn't been opened yet. Advertisements about this website were given out at the last warhammer open day in goody bags, so whatever it is, it's official to some degree.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 749x506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 749x506px
Was just flipping through the rules for Kill Team, and it got me wondering; what is the best choice for it? Tell me your favorite armies best option for Kill Team, and why.
>>
File: 1451353146211.jpg (447KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451353146211.jpg
447KB, 1200x1200px
>>48463642
>They had enough time to complete a 3D render of the krate
>>
>>48463542
it also needs a core group of playtesters who actually know the game

problem with most fandex creators is they can't take criticism and doggedly stick to their "vision"
>>
>>48463663
9 tomb blades.
>>
Space Odin is literally one of the most cancerous things this general has produced. He dogmatically shills his fandex and has the audacity to demand that his 'followers' email it to GW as a paragon of exemplary rules writing.

Like, how far up his ass must he be? Bet he's a poorfag that buys Chinese resin. Might explain the brain damage.
>>
>>48459078
deploy them in forward cover? use your nurglings in a way that's conducive to getting your drones around
>>
>>48461905
blood and dark angels and space wolves were recently ruled to basically have their own chapter tactics. so that means no more hit and run for thunder wolves by adding white scars librarius conclave for example.
>>
>>48463663
a bunch of seekers, enough speed and attacks to drown out most things
>>
>>48463258

>They understand better than yours

I'm not sure they even have as much understanding as their fans do given what I've seen.
>>
>>48463533
Angels of Ruin fandex? It's pretty shitty. CSM fandexes need to stop trying to do a million things at once.
>>48463432
Sick strawman.
>>48463763
I can't even begin to fathom how shitty your 40k experiences have to be that the idea of a dude having fun with fandexes in his group is so anathema to you. Have you seen the most recent 40K blog on their website? GW's all about houserules, so long as they get you to buy models.
>>
>>48461855
Not in the same CAD. Try to keep up.
>>
>>48463831
I've never understood why people shill so hard for a company as incompetent and with as much contempt for its consumers as GW.
>>
File: Fandexes.jpg (166KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Fandexes.jpg
166KB, 1680x1050px
>>
File: 20160726_020310.jpg (32KB, 339x517px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_020310.jpg
32KB, 339x517px
>>48463881
Hue, 69
>>
>>48463862
>strawman

Space 0din's Ork book is the most shilled fandex discussed here and many of the changes are increasing stats and/or decreasing points cost.

Learn your buzzwords before you spout them.
>>
>>48463473

Says the faggot so desperate to play GW shit he goes full autist and makes fanshit and thinks people will play it. That's like bringing your fanfiction to a gaming session and demanding people read it.
>>
>>48463951
No one "makes" others play with a fandex. Don't get pissy just because SpaceOdin and his group play the game in a way that you don't like.
>>
>>48463986

You faggots sure do make the rest of the general put up with your faggot ass name dropping and shitty fandex "thoughts? cirticisms" bullshit. Go fuck off and take that shit to your own autistic thread like the hektor heresy and that other faggoty alternate heresy thread /tg/ asunder or whatever the fuck it's called. Better yet, go fucking have a quest thread that's not on the quest board to boot.
>>
>>48463978
Stay booty blasted bitch and enjoy that fat Jews Shekelshop semen in your mouth
>>
>>48463986
>trying to make it sound like tons of people play that shit when it's just one loser whose group doesn't actually allow it and three other tards who beg for more scraps when they're not busy crying about orks
>>
File: 20160721_192511.gif (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160721_192511.gif
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>48463951
Whats with all the shitposting lately, I thought we were finally on the upturn.
>>
>>48461979
Forge World is reprinting the Repressor according to Atia so I think at the very least it doesn't mean we're getting squatted.
>>
Is it wankery to bring a Knight Crusader in a 2k Skitarii list?

And no I don't plan on using war-convocation ever.
>>
>>48463876

It may not be contempt.

Bear in mind that, in the case of Orks at least, they may not be sure what to do with them as no one there is an Ork enthusiast, thus leaving the codex design in the hands of a team who knows little of what to do with them.

An example would be Robert Cruddance and the Tyranid Codex.
>>
>>48464005
>he's so mad he can't even say "GW" or stop claiming others are mad

Damn son
>>
>>48461721
I doubt they have any sexual organs since they're mushrooms but they must have a way of expelling waste so I think we can assume they have arseholes.
>>
>>48464031
I'm ok with Lords of War at 2k point games and up.
>>
Are solo or dual demon armies viable or is it only really worth it to run all 4 demon factions together?

I plan on running CSM with demon allies or the inverse, with the demons consisting of khorne and or nurgle. Not really intimately familiar with CSM, deamons, or KDK, but it's something i'm looking into (i'm building tyranids as my main army but can't do allies with them so i want to try building something else when i find good deals on models).
>>
>>48464023
>Whats with all the shitposting lately
>namefag is involved

What do you think, genius? 30k general is the same.
>>
>>48464040
>He's so far up GWs asshole he does g even realize it anymore
Rip
>>
>>48464031
Yeah, I would still ask since for me LoW are a 3K thing but I think most people would be fine with that. Plus it's nice and fluffy with the Mechanicum.
>>
keep writing fandexes and arguing about them. meanwhile the real ork players are actually winning GTs with orks, like the guy who got top 6 last week.
>>
>>48464015
He, and others, say their groups are okay with it. I see no reason to take your shitposting words over his/their's.
>>48464001
Get some aspercreme, Jesus.
>>
>>48461721
An older WHF rulebook detailed their anatomy. I believe a Xenos sketchbook did as well. Orks and Orcs don't have reproductive organs but they defecate and have been know to build idols with their excrement.
>>
>>48464046
>>48464063

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus. If I took it in a 1k list I think then that's a problem. Cheers, it'll fit well with my Vanguard and Kataphrons.
>>
You guys are just bad, this happened today tourney.

1st place: John-Orks[9300]
2nd place: Ryan-DEldar[9299]
3rd place: Randy-CSM[9100]
4rd place: Tosh-Guard[8700]
5th place: Jean-Tyranids[8300]
6th place: Chad-Eldar[4500]
7th place Raul-Tau[2300]
8th place Gary-SM[340]

40kids are just teribad at game. Or im 20 star General 2bh f@man
>>
>>48464118
Lists and format?
>>
>>48464118
Or your opponents are literal retards
>>
>>48464149
1850 Malestorm Mandatory 1 cad.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1328x633px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1328x633px
>>48460678
Sure sounds like you are talking about a Void Shield Generator without actually talking about a Void Shield Generator. It's shields are only AV12, not 14, and each shield has only a 1/3 chance of restoring each round - not a free auto-recovery each round.

Assuming you aren't just exaggerating this, call your opponent out on his bullshit.
>>
>>48464191what were the lists? Even just approximations would be fine.
>>
>>48464118
I want to know what that IG player brought
>>
>>48464288
The point totals each person used are in the brackets next to their names.
>>
>>48464260
The ork player was fielding mostly Nobs in Naut transports, deldar used alot of bikes in his lists, guard using armoured company, csm using Iron Warriors. >>48464297
is actually final score
>>
>>48461721
I'd feel like they'd either expunge waste by vomiting it or having a shitter

If it it's either of those than no dicks
>>
>>48464325
They've got something inbetween their legs.
>>
File: 1410477205176.jpg (63KB, 255x566px) Image search: [Google]
1410477205176.jpg
63KB, 255x566px
I know you guys hate fandex, but could I get some critiques on Blood Angels fan errata i'm playing with?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hK10RmKqCYlYfkPAN-vg2EP5yVmr2dmlOvdzsrmKZRw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 1469418776336.png (2MB, 960x792px) Image search: [Google]
1469418776336.png
2MB, 960x792px
>>48463258
>>48463432
>>48463533
>>48463542
>>48463699
>>48463763
>>48463881
>>48463951
>>48463978
>>48464001
>>48464015
>>48464040
>>48464070
>2016
>being this obvi fag and same
>>
File: 1457076257195.jpg (783KB, 1167x1833px) Image search: [Google]
1457076257195.jpg
783KB, 1167x1833px
>>48464341
Those are spore sacks. Intresting peice of lore. Since Orks are all one gender, couples are order by toughness on size on a big metal staircase. Then, the orks take off their pants to show their danglybits. Then, with legs spread, the orks begin playing mike tyson Punch out with the dangly sporesack of their bigger pier. Doing so releases thousands of spores which spreaf across the land. The strongest orks end up having their spores spread out the most becuz they are the highest on the stairs and the wind is really strong. The one on the bottom of the stairs ends up not having his sac emptied and ends up a punchless virgin grot. He still gets offspring through self beating.
>>
>>48464357
>>
>>48464394
Thanks ND.
>>
>>48464394

That looks like shit.
>>
>>48464347
Don't mistake a vocal minority of shitposters for the majority.

Captain and Command Squad got price cuts for no reason. That Sanguinary Guard ability is utterly retarded. Like auto-decline to play against tier retarded. Sanguinius needs a 50+ point bump or a minor point bump and no more Instant Death.
>>
>>48459078
Odds are good that your drones will die before they even get into charge range. Here's an example. Scatter Bikes have a 24" range on a 12" movement unit that can make assault moves. Assuming you go first, deploying at the edge of your deployment zone, he can then counter deploy by moving his bikes away from you and as long as he keeps 24" away from you (not hard) he can kite you all fucking day long. If your tables are full of impassable terrain, things might be different, other wise use nurglings to choke up the field so they have less movement options. Except they are jetbikes, so they can move over models.
>>
File: 3223543-mephiston_blood_angels.jpg (85KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
3223543-mephiston_blood_angels.jpg
85KB, 620x877px
>>48464456

>Captain and Command Squad got price cuts for no reason.

I'm not sure how else to give an incentive for taking a Captain or Command Squad in this army without altering his, or their, statline too far from the rough equivalent shared across the other Marine codexes. Maybe with the revamped Relics it'd be a little better?

>That Sanguinary Guard ability is utterly retarded. Like auto-decline to play against tier retarded.

The special rule for the Sanguinary Guard is more a placeholder until I came up with something better. As of right now I still don't see a reason to take them, even with giving the Captain a unique rule to take them as his not!Honor Guard.

>Sanguinius needs a 50+ point bump or a minor point bump and no more Instant Death.

Are you sure on that one? I guess it would be scary for some people but I'm used to Eternal Warrior being spread. Of course I'm also in a meta with various deathstars and tournament focus, so that could be my skewed perspective at work.
>>
>>48464456

>mfw BA command squad is more expensive than the C:SM one but can't take bikes

lol
>>
>>48464050
anyone care to weigh in?

also, just a rule clarification (i still haven't played a game yet, just building my army[s]) but is there a limit to the number of units you can deep strike per turn or can you deep strike your entire reserves on turn 2 assuming the dice allow it?
>>
File: comeatmebro.jpg (82KB, 594x437px) Image search: [Google]
comeatmebro.jpg
82KB, 594x437px
>>48460419
Always liked this picture. Defilers should cost like Land Raiders and be statted accordingly. A 1v1 with a Dread should be unfavourable for the latter always.

Bretty cool too if its main two crabbyclaws got special rules to the tune of each being a separate weapon allowing a high-I attack, that, if it hits, can crunch down and, in addition to doing damage, immobilize the target, disallowing return attacks and letting the D fire its ranged weapons at pointblank, or autohit with its whips.
>>
>>48464612
Doesn't the scourge sort of do that high-I attack through lowering the enemy units initiative?
>>
>>48464541
Give the Captain access to worthwhile relics, and give him a formation.

Command Squads are fine. Just copy-paste the SM one.

I don't really care why you made that shit rule, it's a blight on your "errata."

Instant Death is a big deal. Instant Death that can assault out of Deep Strike with 5 S7 I7 MC'ed attacks is a huge deal.

Forgot to mention it, but your Black Rage rule is crap. Just cut it entirely. Getting to turn a Scout Squad into Death Company for free is just silly.
>>
File: 1408587294029.gif (468KB, 850x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1408587294029.gif
468KB, 850x1224px
>>48464660

>Give the Captain access to worthwhile relics, and give him a formation.

Check out the Relics I did below then. Still holding off on Formations but i'll play around with it.

>Command Squads are fine. Just copy-paste the SM one.

Basically what i've done at this point, added bikes.

>I don't really care why you made that shit rule, it's a blight on your "errata."

Isn't there already some units and formations that do (automatic) Pinning when you deep strike or whatever? besides Skyhammer's version of that I mean.

>Instant Death is a big deal. Instant Death that can assault out of Deep Strike with 5 S7 I7 MC'ed attacks is a huge deal.

Noted and I raised his points. It was that or let him join units, but I thought being a solo challenging beatstick assualting from deepstrike would fit his lore better and give him an actual role within the army that wasn't done better by Dante.

>Forgot to mention it, but your Black Rage rule is crap. Just cut it entirely. Getting to turn a Scout Squad into Death Company for free is just silly.

Point taken, I thought it would be a fun call back to their 2nd/3rd edition style of play. I'll drop it.

Most tend to agree that Furious Charge, even with the +1 initiative from the Red Thirst rule, isn't great at all. Some would argue its the worst 'chapter tactic' in the game. Is there anything I should do to pad that out?
>>
>>48464639
But it doesn't give you that mental image of the Defiler dancing around like a crab on crack, looking to lock down on big enemies with its signature mainclaws.

A bunch of powermauls on tendrils should really just inflict a lot of hits and leave it at that.
>>
>>48464118
How many people in the tourney?
>>
>>48464694
>Basically what i've done at this point, added bikes.
Plus a 20 point price cut.

Missed it initially, but Assault out of Deep Strike is too strong on a precision Deep Strike platform. He's basically guaranteed to show up and murder a target with no ability to stop or counter it.

AFAIK, Skyhammer is the only thing that does something like that, and Skyhammer is the most cancerous formation in the game.

I'd say FC+1I is a pretty big increase in melee effectiveness.

The Chalice Relic is a bit much. I'd drop it to FNP5+/+1. Salamanders and Black Legion pay ~30 for Relics that do nothing but grant EW.
>>
>>48464851
8 or maybe a few more than that. 8th place lost every game he played.
>>
Lol fandex faggots. Just run your blood angels as codex space marines and be done with it. That way normal gamers won't despise you so much. Or better yet, pick a less fruity space marine chapter. BA are just an embarrassing holdover from the Squat days.
>>
>>48464868
People used to think the same of Necrons, you realize.
>>
>>48464868
BA will return OP as ever ;_; one day.
>>
>>48464968
You deserve this for that flying Land Raider fiasco
>>
File: tumblr_oavx3xmivO1r9y4r9o1_500.png (176KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oavx3xmivO1r9y4r9o1_500.png
176KB, 500x544px
Are felinids still canon, /tg/?
>>
>>48465029

every goddamn thread
>>
>>48465029
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>48464868
>fandexes are the problem
>I'll show you by aggressively shitposting about it
Christ, even if you don't personally like fandexes, which is a silly position to hold, they're a more constructive thing to have in the general than you shitposters, or endless whining about Tau, or repetitive and unfunny memeposting.
>>
>>48464059
>so mad he can't even type straight
>>
File: felinid.png (48KB, 623x626px) Image search: [Google]
felinid.png
48KB, 623x626px
>>
>>48465092
>I'm a whiny little 12-year old baby who calls everyone who disagrees with me over the tiniest, most trivial little detail a "shitposter" because I can't handle the real world poking at my autism bubble. Please smash my ugly, mealy-mouthed preteen face into a bloody pulp with a tire iron because I do not deserve life.
>>
>>48465092
Go write more My Little Pony fanfiction, you fucking worthless crybaby.

Jesus fucking Christ, does anybody here actually LIKE GW games? Or do you all just fork over thousands of dollars a year to them so you can bitch and whine about it? If you showed up at my LGS you'd get your fucking teeth knocked out.
>>
>>48465311

I want 'mealy-mouthed' to replace 'cuck' as the new default internet insult
>>
>>48465327
>>48465311
What is this, shitposter pride month as presented by the internet tough guy association?
>>
>>48465439

>internet tough guy association?

And their theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj0cHMWPCQc
>>
Why do fandex faggots and forgeworld faggots have to pop up like cockroaches and ruin every single thread about 40k? Nobody wants to play with your stupid house rules, retards. We want to play the game with rules that we've read. If you want to win so badly despite the fact that you fucking suck at this game, you're the reason GW invented unbound and maelstrom. Just fucking play unbound and maelstrom.
>>
>>48465500
>if I shitpost hard enough, they'll leave
How'd that work out for the anti-questfags?
>>
>>48465540
>if I respond to obvious bait it'll go away
What do you mean I'm a hypocrite??
>>
>>48465029
Who let the Daktari out of the Infinity thread?
>>
I'm confused. I've never played 40k before and I'm building an army to get into it, but I'm confused about 7th edition detachments. Is the minimum I have to field 1 HQ and 2 troops? Or can I field whatever I want in any proportion I want?

For example can I use my hive tyrant and gargoyles and raveners which are fast attack, and not use any horma/terma/gene/warriors? Or do I have to have some troop choices?
>>
New White Dwarf monthly to be renamed Steamy Duardin.
>>
>>48465500
Even though you are a huge faggot shitposter you have a point. The only non-codex unit I've ever fielded was the 7e Looted Wagons and I had a hard copy of the datasheet with me. I just can't bring myself to have to spend 15 minutes explaining my alternate rules or obscure vehicles from oop IAs. And if I win using a fandex it feels tainted like I needed help or something. I'll never use one.

But seriously though you are a raging faggot, quit shitting up the thread and posting fake tournament results. You're almost as bad as the monster girl spammers.
>>
>>48465540
Pretty well seeing as they got their own containment board.
>>
>>48465590
Rulebook is in the OP.
>>
>>48465590

In short: yes, you can

In less short your options are as follows:

1. Play an unbound army, this allows you to bring whatever you want, some people will whine, but it's perfectly allowed within the rules

2. Play the classic combined arms detachment you described, in which case yes you will need to bring one HQ and two troops in addition to anything else, your hive tyrant will cover the HQ requirement but you will need some gaunts/stealers/warriors

3. Play using formations, I don't know all the 'nid formations off the top of my head but these are detachments that you can play instead of the combined arms detachment, and they have different requirements. I'm quite sure there is a popular one based around hive tyants and gargoyles, skyblight I think. Try looking into that
>>
>>48465590
There's the combined arms detachment which is generally 1 HQ 2 Troops minimum. Then you have formations, which have specific unit requirements. You also have unbound, most here seem to have a massive hateboner for it, but it allows you to take any unit only having to see how units are affected by the ally chart.

Combined arms detachments, and I think some formations (not sure if all) grant objective secured to troop units. That means is a troop with objec secure it will hold the point over a unit that doesn't. Unbound lists do not get objective secured.
>>
>>48465590
Unbound: do whatever you want
Detachments: have to build your force to fit it's restrictions, you can have more than one.

Different detachments have different requirements, the most basic that everyone has access to is the CAD which is HQ and two troops.
>>
>>48465629

you are much better at being concise than I am.
>>
>>48465599
>spamming
Deal with it, cuckoo.

Abhumans have rules now making them infinitely more 40k related than your pathetic shitposting.
>>
>>48465615
>>48465617
Thanks guys. I think that makes more sense.
Does unbound essentially mean I could field just hive tyrants and that would be fine?
>>
>>48465650
Yep.
>>
>>48465650

Yes, but it would make you a faggot and nobody would play you unless you make it exceedingly clear ahead of time that you're running only your very best unit in an excessive quantity and you are okay with them tailoring their list entirely to fight that unit
>>
>>48459759
>choppy
>I2
>>
>>48465669
I bought a collection of nids off someone. It contained 3 metal hive tyrants. I figured they'd never really get used. It's good to hear I can use them. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>48459730
Are all the start collecting formations the same? Tha'ts the one I got for the Necron box save it was with Necron Warriors and the Overlord.
>>
>>48465690
Thank you for showing the self-control to not bring that matter up until it was relevant.
>>48465713
May I suggest looking into the Hive Fleet Leviathan detachment? It allows 3 HQ slots, which would allow all 3 Hive Tyrants to hit the field.
>>
>>48458574
Wordbearers deamon bombs could be nasty with lots of slannesh cav and bloodletters.
>>
>>48465669
>best
They're complete shit unless equipped in a very specific way.
>>
>>48465724
>choppy
>S3
>>
File: list.png (62KB, 676x1398px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
62KB, 676x1398px
What does /tg/ think about this list? Anything I could change? I feel like my CC capabilities are lacking with only a terminator squad and lysander.
>>
>>48459735
>That seems very shitty

Welcome to Orks, enjoy your stay.

Next on today's menu, Orks hit each other stronger than they hit enemies, because they're just that fired up.
>>
>>48464860
>Assault out of Deep Strike is too strong on a precision Deep Strike platform. He's basically guaranteed to show up and murder a target with no ability to stop or counter it.

>waaahhh imma taufag who lost my riptide

git gud, assault out of deep strike is fine and GW shouldnt have ever removed it
>>
>>48465832
>May replace Power Fist or Both Weapons with Lightning Claws, May replace Power Fist with Chainfist
So what the fuck are they armed with? This is why you shouldn't use battlescribe, it makes you lazy.

You're combat squadding those tacticals, I assume?
>>
>>48464860
>AFAIK, Skyhammer is the only thing that does something like that, and Skyhammer is the most cancerous formation in the game

>BAAAWWWW ASSAULT OP

sure, little taufag, it's so mean that someone might get to drop a unit in LOS of all your interceptor fire then run past your BS5 supporting fire to maybe kill one unit before being in the middle of a whole army of AP2 fire

whatever will you do, so OP pls nerf
>>
>>48465592

I could believe it, honestly. That's exactly the kind of mishandled pr crap GW pulls.
>>
>>48465082
>40k lore question in the general

what's the problem
>>
>>48464860
>Missed it initially, but Assault out of Deep Strike is too strong on a precision Deep Strike platform.

But 5 guys with meltas precision Deep Striking next to my Gorkanaut and deleting it with no ability to stop it or counter it is a-ok. Now how are my Nobs supposed to get across the board?
>>
>>48465889
I have the captain with a power fist, one terminator with a flamer, one with lightning claws.

I figured the claws and flamer will be good for more unarmored units, and the captain with a power fist will be good for tougher ones.

What does "combat squadding" mean?
>>
>>48465337

Why? It's fucking terrible. He's not even using it correctly. Then again 4chan seems to get off on yammering out words and phrases to the point of meaninglessness.
>>
>>48465946
Combat sqadding is where you split a unit on 10 space marines into two units of 5 at the start of the game. It means you can send 5 forward in the rhino with both the melta weapons, while leaving the other 5 stationary firing the heavy weapon.
>>
>>48465986
Oh I had no idea you could do that.

My plan was to use the transport tacticals for objectives, the dread and cents for heavy fire, terminators and lysander for CC, and the stalker for AA.

I haven't gotten to play a game yet, this is my first army.
>>
>>48465978

Because it's fun to say.
>>
>>48463699
>problem with most fandex creators is they can't take criticism and doggedly stick to their "vision"
Another problem is also that people tend to give absolutely shit criticism, either doing nothing but calling the creator names, or trying to Nerf the everloving shit out of everything without any reason as to why.

No one "takes" criticism, when said criticism is something along the lines of "kill yourself faggot", which is the extend of what I have seen most people give Space Odin.

And having played against it a few times, I can't give much in the way of things I think should be changed. I play Tau, and I am finally getting good games with my Ork friend, so that's all I care about. Nothing really stands out as broken or unfair, but I suppose they might be against certain armies with a more melee focus.

I just know I am finally losing in CC. It was fucking stupid that I could charge in with my 10 Carbine Farsight Strikers, win and sweep a group of 20 Orks in a single turn. Odin's codex fixes Orks, and doesn't make it arbitrarily broken like that Chaos Legion Fandex floating around...
>>
>>48463951
>stop having badwrongfun
>>
>>48464118
>8th place Gary-SM[340]
Literally how. Is Gary a mentally retarded 8 year old kid with poor eye sight and no glasses?

Like, what. This is beyond unbelievable.
>>
>>48465943
I never said that. Drop Pods in general need nerfed and/or a point increase.
>>48465906
Did you even read the whole conversation? Why assume that I play Tau? Are you even aware that Space Marines are solidly above Tau in terms o power and would stay there without Skyhammer?
>>48465857
Assault out of Deep Strike should be more commonly available. Precision Deep striking with Assault and 5 I7 S7 ID attacks will gut a lot of units with no real way to counterplay.
>>
>>48466088
>Chaos Legion Fandex
You mean the Angels of Ruin one? It's just a mess. He doesn't really address any of thebarmy's issues, but e adds some, on paper, crazy broken shit.
>>
>>48466141
>Why assume that I play Tau?
because you're terminally asspained about the possibility a dedicated assault unit might make it into assault
>>
>>48465986
How does this not break squad cohesion? Do they have to go back together at some point?

Where is the rule on this so I can look it up?
>>
>>48465857
>>48465906
>Taufag
Wut. He talked about no counterplay, Tau slaps interceptor on everything, including a ton of BS5 markerlights, and blows up your silly deep strikers.

It is definitely not Tau players complaining.

And also: stop dragging Tau into every discussion you gigantic faggots. You belong in the same circle of hell as Riptide Wing faggots.
>>
>>48466206
>Where is the rule on this so I can look it up?
It's in the codex. You might find under the heading "Combat Squads"
>>
>>48466168
Yeah.

Strength D bullshit should be removed, not added to easily accessible psychic powers, like what the fuck man.
>>
Hi guys, I'm looking to get into 40k. Wondering which army should I get. How are Adeptus Mechanicus? Their models look pretty sweet. I'm debating between them and Necrons.
I'll probably be mostly playing with my friend who's got Tau and I want to slap his shit.
>>
>>48466185
Against Tauceptors? Are you fucking retarded?

Kill yourself anti-Tau faggots. You are worse than the Tau shitposters, because they don't force Tau into every single conversation we have here.
>>
>>48466206
>How does this not break squad cohesion?
They count as 2 separate squads for all intents and purposes.
Dude, combat squads have been around almost literally for decades. Did you even read the SM book? How new are you to 40k as a whole?
>>48466141
You have no idea how funny it is to see people bitching about drop pods now. The ability to rapidly get a unit into position was considered one of the few good marks of SM units to offset their higher price and lower model count.
That you are mad that a player can dedicate a tank/elite hunter unit to your overpriced bullseye model should tell you to not put so much stock on the model, not that the opposing army is wrong.
>>
>>48466245
AdMech and Necrons are both pretty good.
> I want to slap his shit.
Try to reign in your cancer, please. That's probably the worst possible attitude to come into the game with.
>>
>>48466259
Literally haven't played a game yet.

I have read the codex, just don't remember all of the terms.
>>
>>48466276
Look, mang, at least read the dex before you start asking questions about some of the oldest things in the book.
May as well ask what slot a landraider is in.
>>48466088
And when logical criticism is offered, it's generally ignored. That you don't remember the things said shows that the shitposting is what sticks in your mind first and foremost.
>>
>>48466259
The problem with Drop Pods is that they're extremely cheap and negate pretty much all of the downsides to deep striking between their Turn 1 entrance and their Inertial Guidance System. If more armies had Interceptor and ways to protect against Deep Strikers it would be less of an issue, but Tau are pretty much the only army with widespread Interceptor.
>>
>>48466272
Is it bad to play Necrons?

Not anon who just got into is but I got into Necrons for their model and aesthetic. I never really see any anons complain about it or boast about it but the 7e codex always seems to get lumped with Tau/SM/Eldar/Daemons.

Is it cancer to play Necrons like Eldar and Tau, controversial cancer like SMs or are they just altogether forgotten about?
>>
>>48466335
They're strong, but its pretty easy to not be a complete ass with them.
>>
>>48466335
Playing SM is cancer? I'm coming in after choosing IF for 30k.

Why do people hate spehss marines?
>>
>>48466350
Drop pods, grav guns, formations that give every unit a free transport or allow assault from deepstriking with already-broken drop pods.
>>
>>48463298
The fact he is a fagget
>>
>>48460485
>fmc
>mastery level 4
>garanteed str:D power
>rolls 6 different powers
>4++ invul, rerolling 1's
He's a flying pocketknife that's hard to kill
>>
>>48466355
Oh well, too late I already spent my budget on space marines
>>
>>48464023
>40k general
> on 4chan
> not being a shit fest
Is this like your first day or something?
>>
>>48466315
Drop pods were never particularly prohibitively expensive (points wise), they just weren't widespread in use.
They were ALWAYS a good option that you simply didn't see often, just like biker armies.
Sternguard in drop pods have been a staple since 5e, and no one complained about their ability to scrub high priority targets then.
What grav introduced was a way for SM to alpha strike with something approaching regularity, which they lacked compared to d/eldar, some necron and guard armies.
Like I said, the bitching about drop pods is hilarious, because they have ALWAYS been good, now they are just used by more people.
>>
>>48466355
Drop pods under normal circumstances are not broken. You can thank grav and formations for the issues.
>>
>>48466373
:'^)
>>
>>48466230
Angels of Ruin doesn't have new disciplines. Which is one of the big faults that I have with it.

The one with the D Primaris for Tzeentch is also shit, but it's only been posted once that I've seen. And it got a ton of criticism.

Unfortunately, the increasing prevalence of Super Heavies and Gargantuan Creatures necessitate access to D weapons in order to kill them. Good luck taking out a Stormsurge or Wraithknight with Plasma Guns and Meltas.
>>48466306
Logical criticism is hardly the majority of responses, and a lot of the fandex creators do make changes in response to it. SpaceOdin certainly has. What exactly are the major flaws with his work in your opinion?
>>48466335
No army is bad to play. Certain builds are pretty shitty to play against. Necron Decurion can be oppressive for the weaker codexes, and Wraiths and Destroyers are both very strong.
>>48466350
People don't hate space marines. They're the most common army. They do have some cancer-tier builds though. Skyhammer and Grav are both pretty bad, their Librarius Conclaves turn a lot of things from powerful to OP, and the Battle Company is pretty nasty.
>>
>>48466385
I tried to build the IF formation to be fluffy, did I inadvertently choose a douche army?
>>
>>48466368
He only rolls 4 powers.

>>48466380
>thing sees more widespread use
>people start bitching about it more
I don't really see what's hilarious there.

Hell, you even admit yourself that it has gotten even more powerful recently.
>>
>>48466245
Well you already admitted your a shit stain so why don't you get fucked
>>
>>48466395
Are you taking 350+ points in free transports? Are you taking Skyhammer? Are you taking large quantities of Grav?

If you answered no to all of those, you're probably fine. Especially with Imp Fists.
>>
>>48466355
>>48466385
Alright, different anon here. I played years ago, and SM were pretty scrubby compared to CSM, Eldar, Necrons (like 3e years ago).
What has changed that has made SM not the timmy army? I mean, I had thought that things like being able to purchase transports for the cheap and getting bonuses for bringing boots on the ground compared to the piles of vehicles (like IG and Elves) should have been a SM staple years ago.
>>
>>48466408
No free transports, *stern*hammer, 3 centurions with grav weapons
>>
>>48466412
Formations, grav weapons and better chapter tactics did a lot for space marines.
>>
>Age of Sigmar, one of the biggest changes we've ever made to one of our core universes. Our design to manufacture was outstanding, over-delivering in terms of original concept art to final manufactured models, producing some of the best models we've ever made. The simplified rules, supporting the models for those who like to play, made it much easier to get started. We learnt some valuable lessons during the year on how to deliver product system changes on this scale and we finished the year with sales of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at a higher rate than Warhammer has enjoyed for several years.

>We now offer our models at a broader range of price points. We have piloted a small 'Start Collecting' range of models that have sold well. We have also introduced some stand alone high value box games, a simple gateway into Games Workshop product; they too have been a hit.

>Vidya licensing team has had best year to date

>Overall sales down 1%, retail performance down 4.4%

>48 new stores opened, majority of new stores in 2016/2017 will be in NA

>Too early to say if Brexit will fuck their shit up

>Three main priorities for 2016/2017:
>Staff recruitment. we are updating our recruitment web site, our company branding across all other social media platforms and creating a site to enable us to welcome and commence induction prior to new recruits starting with us. These improvements will also give us a global dashboard of recruitment metrics.
>Secondly, reviewing product range. We will be reviewing our entry level ‘getting started’ range and merchandising. We will also continue to invest in core IP with exciting product launches planned
throughout 2016/17.
>Thirdly, recruiting new customers and retaining our existing customers for longer. The aim is to 1): Open more of our own stores, mostly in our one man store format. My goal is to open 20 stores (net) in 2016/17. 2): Open more stockist trade accounts using our stockist strategy.
>>
>>48466400
Yes, if you take VERY specific things that aren't even drop pods.
You are saying C is broken if you use A, when the problem is actually A the entire time and C just happens to be there and had been sitting quietly in the corner the whole time.
It's like Skyhammer: since when have you seen SM players take basic assault or devastators? Not in the past 2 editions have they been played seriously, not since 5e BAngles being able to take ass marines as troops.
Now, there is definite effectiveness to using them in a manner that allows them to do their jobs without dying right away (or sitting impotently waiting to be shot), and it is a huge problem.
But it's actually another A problem.
>>
>>48466412
A lot has changed in the last decade, grandpa. It's a lot easier to cram a Drop Pod full of special weapons to slag important enemy targets before they can do anything, they can get several hundred points in free transports, they're probably the second most powerful army in the psychic phase (after Daemons), and they are Butt Buddies with the rest of the Imperium which gives them a ton of utility options.
>>
I just bought 2 new unassembled Russes today, I already own an Executioner, how should I assemble these 2?
>>
Space Odin is a lot like Anita Sarkeesian, or any other loud mouthed SJW. Any game, like in real life, is bound to be unbalanced. And players are bound to notice and acknowledge that imbalance. But it takes a special kind of snowflake with an entitlement complex like Odin/Sarkeesian to constantly blather on about it and insist their view is right.

The best part about this? Sarkeesian didn't choose to be a woman. Odin chose to be an ork player. He PAYS to be an ork player. And that makes him a special kind of cancer.

Because by the same logic that 'encourages' him to house rule can also 'encourage' him to take up a good army and alter the fluff. Black Templars arguably do Orks better than Orks do. Play them with the background that they are bloodthirsty savages. Hell, running Orks as blood angels work even better, as that's all Orks even aspire to be.

tl;dr space Odin = Anita Sarkeesian
>>
File: mOnvOJG.jpg (57KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.jpg
57KB, 480x270px
>>48466434
>We learnt some valuable lessons during the year on how to deliver product system changes on this scale

40k: END TIMES CONFIRMED
>>
That IF noob again, is there a way to make a tactical squad anti-air, or do you need to use a more dedicated unit?
>>
>>48466457
They can take a missile launcher and then buy flakk missiles for it, but it won't be terribly effective.
>>
>>48466457
You can do it with missile launchers with flak, but it's a waste of points.
>>
>>48466461
Alright, it's just that an "Anti-air Defence Force" is like another 220 points I have to pull from somewhere else.

I suppose I may have to remove Lysander and take a cheaper HQ.
>>
>>48466479
Unless you know that there will be a lot of fliers in your meta, it's not something that's always needed. You could take an Aegis defense line with quad cannon or icarus lascannon for cheap anti-air.
>>
>>48466430
>>48466441
So, I've been doing some reading and lurkin'.
Grav seems... not incredibly good, unless the entire games meta is based around smaller groups of low save units, and vehicles. Even then, it seems like only these centurions (I'm not sure how I feel about them yet) are the only ones that can really abuse them.
Drop pods? Seen them in work, I like the idea, I mean, isn't drop pod skullfucking what SM do the most?
>several hundred points in free transports
Do they still count for kill points? If so, it sounds like a fairly even deal. It's not hard to pop a rhino chassis, and just because you got it for free doesn't mean it can't be turned on you.
> they're probably the second most powerful army in the psychic phase (after Daemons)
The fuck did that happen?
Stronger than Eldar? Do they just have more blasty shit?
>allies
Another thing I thought should have existed way back when, but it seems it was implemented in a real hodgepodge fashion. I mean, Dark Eldar, Corsair Eldar and Craftworld Eldar all being perfectly alright with each other despite all the fluff that says otherwise means mechanics (and money) had a stronger say.
>>
>>48466434
>released "new" system, devoted huge amount of releases to it
>new entry-options for existing system at decent price point
>sales still down
Lol. How long until the geniuses at Nottingham decide to try making a good game?
>>48466452
The way they handled the WHFB->AoS transition was pretty baffling, and the 40k transition will be a lot less harsh, assuming they're telling the truth about having learned anything.
>>48466439
If A, B, and C are all OP largely due to unit D, maybe you should just nerf D. A lot of cards in Magic are banned not because of what they do themselves but what they do in combination with other cards.
>>
File: KDKrate.png (71KB, 676x1505px) Image search: [Google]
KDKrate.png
71KB, 676x1505px
starting a new army; how does this KDK list look?
>>
File: list.png (63KB, 676x1434px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
63KB, 676x1434px
>>48466494
>>48466465
>>48466461
I took out some assault marines and added some stalkers, what do you think?
>>
>>48466306
>And when logical criticism is offered, it's generally ignored. That you don't remember the things said shows that the shitposting is what sticks in your mind first and foremost.
Haven't looked meticulously after it, since I have only made a few modifications to my codex to tone down the power of my usual lists, and never made the mistake of sharing it with /tg/.

But it doesn't help that 95% of all the feedback is pointless shitposting. Remember the guy a few days ago asking for feedback on Chaos Tau? No one, not 1 guy, gave any kind of useful feedback. It was nothing but "kill yourself" "stop!!!11!!!" or "FUG U TAUFAG LOLLOLLOLELLL".

When that is the norm, you can't really blame people for ignoring feedback.

Some are better than others, I'll admit. The Angels of Ruin creator seems to flat out ignore advice, and keeps defending his bullshit, despite people being perfectly clear about what is wrong and how it should be changed.
>>
>>48466549
I imagine most people realised someone trying to make Chaos Tau was a lost cause and dismissed it out of hand, as it really should be.
>>
>>48466536
I'm a filthy casual scrub, but it looks like a list that'd be fun to play against. At least to me.

Why does the devastator squad have 3 heavy bolters and 1 missile launcher?
>>
>>48466513
You need to do some more reading and thinking.

Grav with Amps is the most effective weapon for killing almost all target types. Even without Amps it performs extremely well on Relentless platforms against most target types. It's one of the few weapons that's good against GMC's and durable MC's.

Kill points are a minority of game types. Objectives have gotten a lot more important, and it's hard to beat a dozen free ObSec transports full of ObSec MEQ's.

Librarius Conclave+Angels of Death.

Allied IC's shouldn't really be able to join with each other for balance/fluff reasons, and the table could use some heavy adjusting. As is, Imperium gets to ally with each other as much as they want, and everybody else gets 0-1 Butt Buddies and maybe 1-3 AoC.
>>
>>48466562
I figured they might need something to bust a tank, is that not a smart thing to do?

I'd rather have bolters on everything because of the legion rule, and it's fluffy.
>>
>>48466434
Wish they open a store here in Malta. We literally have 1 store in the entire country where they sell tabletop shit and it's at a higher price than GW stores due to importation.

Might actually cause some fucking competition for once.
>>
>>48466578

If you shoot at a tank, the bolters loose a turn of shooting to shooting at something they can't hurt. Considering games don't go for that many turns, that is bad.

Plus, one missile launcher prolly isn't enough to bust a tank.

Plus plus, both those options play second fiddle to all the other snazzy guns devs can take.
>>
>>48466385
>Unfortunately, the increasing prevalence of Super Heavies and Gargantuan Creatures necessitate access to D weapons in order to kill them. Good luck taking out a Stormsurge or Wraithknight with Plasma Guns and Meltas.
Bring a super heavy yourself, and tell the opponent to not bring a fucking super heavy in sub-2k point games. It is not that hard.

Putting S:D on everything actually makes super heavies MORE mandatory, as they are the only things that can reliably soak up hits. Everything else just pops. You are only invalidating land raiders even harder otherwise.
>>
>>48466578
The idea is good, it's just that 40k hates all purpose units. I split my devs sometimes too, but I always take two weapons in pairs so I can combat squad them. But that requires a 10 man squad.
>>
>>48466606
Gotcha, I will re-think about that.

I didn't take grav cannons because I already had a squad with them.

>>48466612
I kind of was trying to make them multi-purpose. Do you think I have enough anti-armor to make the devastators pure heavy bolters?

I suppose all of this rests on IF devastators w/ hvy bolters being decent to begin with. I made this list based on using tactical marines and devastators with bolters to benefit from the legion's rule.

And by legion, I mean chapter. My 30k is showing.
>>
>>48466536
Why the random ML on the Devs? I'd swap the Flamer on the Tactical Squad for another Melta. You've got a lot of Bolters for anti-horde.

You seem pretty light on ranged anti-tank. Heavily mechanized armies would give you a lot of trouble.

Seems pretty good. GravCents without Libarians or Drop Pods are actually pretty balanced.
>>48466532
Those Berzerkers will never get to charge anything. Not really sure why you don't make the Blood Host.
>>48466549
What faction? Post it, faggot. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
Can beasts of nurgle charge more than once in an enemy's assault phase?
>>
>>48466385
>People don't hate space marines.
The 2 marine players are universally hated in our group, because they are autistic manchildren who needs to stroke their ego. So they bring the worst cheese they can, refuse games with other power gamers, and tries take get games with the casual/fluff players.

They are not only WAAC faggots, they also refuse to play people with any real chance of winning against them, like looking over army lists before agreeing to a game, to ensure they can't counter their own list.

They don't get a lot of games anymore.
>>
>>48466141
>Drop Pods in general need nerfed and/or a point increase.

This. Drop Pods are flipping cancerous and need to be entirely reworked.
>>
>>48466607
Land Raiders have and will be shit regardless of the D.

Super-Heavies are part of the core game regardless of what we want. As long as five knights is considered to be an acceptable army, people need to be able to bring anti-super heavy equipment to the table.

ITC Faq is actually really helpful for toning down the D but still leaving it as a good counter to super heavies.
>>
>>48466629
Let it show. Let it show. Show them a time when things were good for a son of Dorn.
>>48466647
Well that's just your lgs.
>>
>>48466629

They are your army mans, and you're free to take them as you please. It's just the one missile won't work super well y'know?

Also, how are your devs going to get into range here, am I missing their transport on there?
>>
AdMech player here. A friend has asked to see the most cheesy thing I can bring, so I'm putting the War Convocation online. Is it better to make the Warlord the leader of my Vanguard squad as usual (For more rerolls to hit all the time on a squad vomiting out dice) or the Dominus (Thematic, gets a reroll, more durable), assuming I'm going against a mixed Chaos list? Also, to emphasize again, I wasn't going to do this, but he literally asked for it.
>>
>>48466631
I suppose I could make a tactical squad or the devastators more anti tank with lascannons?

Are the centurions with grav cannons not anti-armor enough?

Genuinely asking, I know very little.

>>48466678
I don't have a transport for them, is that a mistake? I figured as long range they could slowboat easier than, say, my tacticals.
>>
>>48466661
Just removing the IGS would do a lot of good. You can still use them to seize ground and deploy special weapons near their intended targets, you just can't land right up a Land Raider asshole 100% of the time with no risk of mishap.

Plus remove the free 6" deployment move and unfuck the FAQ ruling.
>>
>>48460344
Try Vanquishers then if your looking to pen armor.
>>
>>48466570
>Grav with Amps is the most effective weapon for killing almost all target types. Even without Amps it performs extremely well on Relentless platforms against most target types. It's one of the few weapons that's good against GMC's and durable MC's.
Like I said, centurions, because other types of relentless grav shooting is fairly hard to come by, outside the Skyhammer thingy.
>Kill points are a minority of game types. Objectives have gotten a lot more important, and it's hard to beat a dozen free ObSec transports full of ObSec MEQ's.
That's pretty BS. The vehicles shouldn't have the objective secured rule.
>Angels of Death
Another book?
>>
>>48466629
The good anti-armour is going to be your grav cents, and possibly the melta tacs, if they can get in range. Heavy bolters are better on Fists because of their chapter tactics, but some more long range anti-tank might be good. You could probably cut some points out of the anti-air group, unless you're sure you'll need them, and add in some more long range AT.
>>
>>48466446
Hey buddy, want some advice?

Ignore the fandex, turn down games against it, and enjoy your hobby.

Meanwhile, some of us will enjoy our games with a more fluffy and competitive codex, where we don't need to be afraid of accidentially tabling the poor sod who got into Orks without knowing that GW doesn't give 2 shits about them.
>>
>>48466687

Depends entirely on the table and who you're fighting. General wisdom says they'd benefit a lot from something to get them around.

That said, lists can always be tweaked and added to unless you're on a shoestring budget.
>>
>>48466703
According to the codex I have
>Anti-Air Defense Force- A unit of Hunters and a unit of Stalkers, with the Stalker unit consisting of at least 2 models

I would love to remove that and add some more fun stuff, as I like infantry over armor, but I don't see another good anti-air choice?

>>48466715
I'm going to try to squeeze something in, would a rhino or drop pod be better for devastators?
>>
>>48466700
Grav Cents, Skyhammer, any unit with the Terminator Captain. Scouting/Infiltrating Battle Company with Grav lets you seize a huge swath of the board and place Grav Cannons in good firing positions while buttoned up.

I totally agree that vehicles shouldn't get to score. I think they should have three tiers of scoring units. Troop Units<Infantry<Infantry Troops.

Angels of Death is a supplement for Codex: Adeptes Astartes. It has reprints of the SM formations/detachments published outside the Codex, as well detachments, relics, and warlord traits for the mainline codex first-founding chapters. It also has the four worst balanced psychic disciplines in the game.
>>
>>48466724

With the way you're running your army, I'd stick to a rhino I think.

Also, stick with the stalkers IMO. They are on the same chassis as rhinos so it's all matchy matchy.
>>
>all superheavies and GMC now have the following rule:

>Due to its lumbering size, massive resupply time, or requisite deployment method (ex: Stormsurges are dropped off by Manta), this unit is slow to deploy. On every one of your turns after your first, this unit deploys on a 3+. This does not count as a reserve roll, due to the complicated logistics systems necessary for delivering this unit. On your fourth turn and every turn thereafter, you may choose to autopass this roll instead. Conversely, you may always choose to autofail.

Y/N
>>
>>48466724
I can only speak of where I play, but I don't run into fliers very often. And I can just ignore them or put in a few snap shots here and there. You could probably get rid of the AA units and put in some more AT. And if you go with missiles you could get flakk. Not the most efficient or min-maxed option, but certainly a workable one.
>>
>>48466607
This.
The super heavy creep is annoying, but if you think handing out D is the solution, it only encourages more LoWs as normal MC / Expensive Vehicles can't take the heat.

Personally I'd like to see a resurgence in the Anti-LoW Warlord tree that Escalation had, plus a nerfing to Stomp. As well as go back to more Pre-Imperial Knight LOW point costs. (Never hear peeps bitching about Baneblades and "regular" Stompas)
>>
>>48466751

Overcomplex and clunky. A fix rule should be snappy.

Anyhow here's my fix:

Before a game, say "Hey is it okay if I use my superheavy/forge world model/ridiculous formation?"
>>
>>48466751
Just give a 25% limit for Super-heavies/Gargantuan creatures.
>>
>>48466764
I'm all for reducing Super-heavies. It's not going to happen anytime soon though, so everyone should have access to the D to help counter them.
>>
>>48466406
>>48466272
>Try to reign in your cancer, please. That's probably the worst possible attitude to come into the game with.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to blog so I didn't explain myself properly. My friend is a cunt who will use every possible advantage to win, even against a newbie like me.
I have literally no idea how matchups in this game work so I don't want to to put myself further into disadvantege by picking scissors into his rock.
>>
>>48466769

Also the only reason to include forge world in that list is because a handful of people are still a bit funny about it, and better to ask beforehand than have someone go "HEY IS THAT A LEVIATHAN DREAD? FUCK YOU FW FAG" after you've set up.
>>
>>48466792
>I didn't want to explain myself, so I figured I would just say the cuntiest thing I could imagine
Smooth.

Maybe you should find other people to play with. The only winner in a never-ending cheese escalation is Games Workshop.
>>
>>48466797
Eh, asking just reinforces the stigma. Just deploy and remember who the retards that get triggered by it are.
>>
>>48466797
My store bans forgeworld all together, if you asked if you could bring it before hand we would be able to tell you to bring something else.

I you bring it to the store and expect a game you will just have to play with a points disadvantage.
>>
>>48458961
St. Celestine has literally no job here.
And death cult/crusaders are not really that great. If I were you I would rather take more dakka, for example jump bitches with their act of faith.
>>
>>48466631
>What faction? Post it, faggot. What's the worst that could happen?
On my phone, so can't post it, but I play Tau, and I love Riptides, so I toned them down. Like, way down.

T5
3+ armour
-1S and +1AP on the Ion Accelerator, and +20 point cost
Activates Nova Reactor by taking a wound (no saves), and rolls a d6, activating it on a 3+.
Can't buy FnP.
Special rule, Electronic Circuits. Haywire causes wounds on a 6, and any hit from a haywire weapon forces the Riptide to snap shoot during the next game turn.

Even the Ork player can deal with this now, so I can field a Riptide Wing without really causing a huge imbalance. The auto wound and severely reduced durability makes it quite easy to kill, and means I can't actually Nova charge every turn without dying by turn 5 without any input from the opponent.

The other Tau player thinks I am an idiot, but I actually get games, so jokes on him.
>>
>>48466832
Why?
>>
>>48466841
Holy shit, I'm a big proponent of nerfing the Riptide, but that seems like too much.

If you're going to have the Nova-Charge auto-wound, I'd at least let it auto-succeed. I'd also keep it at T6 or let it buy the FNP. But that's just, like, my opnion, man. Game on.
>>
>>48466797
Who still bans Forge World? Do they not want a disgruntled SoB player deciding pic related is needed?
>>
>>48466791
Kill yourself, or otherwise remove yourself from the hobby.
>>
>>48466844
Too much bullshit, units we've never heard of that they could be making up rules for.

We've seen T7 guardsmen with twin linked, ignores cover earthshaker guns.
Chaos marines with insane rules he may as well be making up.
30k shit with super heavy dedicated transports.

We got together and store and decided to disallow games with forgeworld models.
>>
File: list.png (65KB, 676x1436px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
65KB, 676x1436px
>>48466756
>>48466747
This is an alternative to what I had, with the devastators having more marines so that I can split them up into an AA unit and an AT unit.

I have their DT as a razorback for a little more firepower, along with giving the sergeants in the tac squads some better weapons.

So what do you guys think, this or the stalkers?
>>
>>48466841
I agree with no FnP.

It's silly it's an MC and not a walker, giving it FnP just rubs in that fact.
>>
>>48466890
I'd say that looks like a good place to start. I'd suggest playing some games with that and seeing how it plays for you and making changes based on how your battles went.
>>
>>48466917
Okay cool, thanks.

I really appreciate all the C&C, as a 30k player 40k seems much harder to understand.
>>
>>48466861
Yeah well, the player base is:
3 Ork
2 Dark Eldar
2 Nids
1 Black Templar
1 Deathwing
1 Grey Knight

And bringing a Riptide Wing against any of those armies is... not cool.

Also reverted the Markerlight change, so we went back to using the "1 counter reduces cover saves by 1" instead of 2 ignoring it entirely.

And hey, we are having fun, and both players have about an equal chance of winning, so I don't mind. It means I can spam Riptides without worrying about making the game unfun for the opponent.
>>
File: Dark Apostle.png (41KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Apostle.png
41KB, 201x281px
>>
>>48466926
Happy to help, hopefully my filthy casualness didn't dirty up anything.

May you slay many heretics and xenos.
>>
>>48466875
Those are pretty lame reasons. The t7 guardsmen are just the same as any artillery unit - do you get mad at t7 grots out of orks?
The CSM are generally paying 250+ points for their uber-units - the fact that you don't know the 'insane' rules is on you, not on him. And 30k is a whole different ball game - Having superheavy transports is actually reasonably balanced by the fact that their basic units are balls-expensive on a space marine chassis.

That said, no one uses Forge World at my local store either, though I played against it in some others. The reason is much more up front: The store can't make any money on forge world pieces. The amount they sell it to the LGS for is the amount they sell it to us for. There's no incentive for us to buy it, so we don't, so only people who have it from elsewhere use it. Casual play, of course, proxies are fine for it, but tournaments, nobody bothers.
>>
>>48466868
I think everyone having access to the D and Super Heavies is a superior state of affairs to the current, where only some codexes get them.
>>48466875
Why not let individual players decide? If someone showed up with FW stuff and wanted to play with it and his opponent was fine with it, would you have an issue with that? Do you also ban Eldar, Malific Daemonology, and SM formations?
>>
File: Wizard of Undivided.png (41KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard of Undivided.png
41KB, 201x281px
>>48466941
>>
File: Sorcerer of Slaanesh.png (48KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerer of Slaanesh.png
48KB, 201x281px
>>48466970
Just one more after this I promise.
>>
>>48466962
>I think everyone having access to the D and Super Heavies is a superior state of affairs to the current, where only some codexes get them.
From curiosity, do you count Necrons as 'getting' the D, considering their incredibly limited access?
>>
File: Sorcerer of Tzeentch.png (44KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerer of Tzeentch.png
44KB, 201x281px
>>48466977
It should be noted that the only thing loyalists got for this update was robes.
>>
>>48466988
Oh and termies can get some more bling. Forgot to mention that.
>>
>>48466981
Isn't it on the C'tan's random chart? I wouldn't really count that.
>>
>>48466434
>Sales fell by 1.8% (-1.6% at constant currency). Sales of our Forge World range grew by 28% offset by a 12% decline in our Citadel range. In the first half of 2016/17 we will be making a change to our home page; removing complexity and adding a deeper introduction to our worlds
Huh. It'll be interesting to see what they decide to change.
Perhaps we'll finnaly get customer surveys? Or maybe this new tech friendly GW will allow the return of 3rd party online retailers who don't need to jump through a ton of hoops?
>>
>>48466962
>I think everyone having access to the D and Super Heavies is a superior state of affairs to the current, where only some codexes get them.
I think turning down games with people running super heavies at lower point games is a superior state og affairs to the current, where people randomly bring superheavies in 1000 point games.

It is not even about banning, it is about playing with people you will enjoy playing with.

And allowing easy Strength D access to everyone fucks over the balance even harder pre-super heavies. How the fuck is that "superior" to just not playing against super heavies?
>>
>>48467017
It's a 1/6 chance for a 240/250/550 model to shoot a 24" S:D AP1 assault 1 precision shot for the shards and 48" assault 2 for the vault.
>>
>>48467017
Their Super Heavy Pylon.

Technically every faction has acess to D (if you count Battle Brothers) except Tyranids.
>>
>>48467042
That's why I favor a 25% point limit on Super Heavies. Still, with the current laissez-faire rules on Super Heavies, D access is a necessity to counter them.
>>
>>48467127
What is D in this context?
>>
>>48467137
Why don't you just read the conversation? It's super obvious, assuming you aren't a literal retard.
>>
>>48466875
I hate it when people use
>op units
As an excuse to ban the *entirety* of forgeworld's line.

It's not like GW doesn't produce proportionally more op units. Why is someone playing eldar okay when bringing a death Korps of Krieg list isn't.
>>
>>48467131
>D access is a necessity to counter them.
No it is n--

Are you even reading the posts, or are you being willfully obtuse here? D access doesn't counter super heavies, they give a solid option for dealing with them outside of the usual Melta+High strength shooting you have access to.

D strength fucks over MCs and any non-SH with an AV value, to the point where you might as well not even bother bringing them to the table.

S:D shouldn't be in the game, and superheavies should be more limited. Making an armsrace about putting S:D everywhere, and forcing people into using super heavies even earlier than they are already being used, will just serve to kill the gaming aspect of the hobby entirely.
>>
>>48466335
I still have flashbacks to necrons destroying me in Dawn of War Soulstorm.

But aside from that, they're fine in tabletop. From what I hear.
>>
>>48467178
>Why is someone playing eldar okay when bringing a death Korps of Krieg list isn't.
Because some people are mentally retarded.

That's it. There is nothing deeper here you aren't getting. It is all people being dumb as a rock.

Seriously, some people have said the FW Riptide variants are more OP than the regular Riptide in a Riptide Wing. You can't reason with these people, because they have none. Leave that to the professionals hopefully caring for them, because there is nothing you can do from here.
>>
>>48467178
If you want to play 40k why not use a real, GW approved army?
>>
>>48467267
>GW approved army
You mean like Forgeworld?
>>
>>48467304
Nah, he means like blood angels with grav centurions and stormwolves.
>>
File: yummy.jpg (80KB, 798x843px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
80KB, 798x843px
Quick question about the Wraithseer, putting together a Wraithlord army (No Knights or all that goofy stuff) since I love the models.

But I'm a bit confused, does the Wraithseer get affected from all the Wraith related things like the Wraith Mark from the spiritseer, or the Wraithstone from the Iyandan supliment, or the voices of twilight power therein?

I'm not trying to cheese but I love the wraithlord and Wraithseer models.
>>
>>48467127

Hmm, the Pylon barely counts until it's next update. 420 points for D that's stuck skyfiring.

I mean yeah, it'll rape bloody holes in a thunderhawk or manta, but in any other situation kinda worthless.
>>
>>48467304
Why does forgeworld even need a big "40k approved" stamp?

It's almost like their models are not designed to be in the game in the first place... don't you agree?
>>
>>48464023
Not enough pictures of actual 40k shit. When armies and games are posted general isn't that shit. Well as shitty as usually is.
>>
>>48467752
Forgeworld doesn't have the 40k approved stamp anymore, and their books are marketed as supplements to the main 40k game.
just like angels of death or death from the skies or curse of the wolfen.
>>
>>48467317
officially, no. There is no "wraith" descriptor so the list of wraith units is called out by name, and the wraithseer isn't on that list (because forgeworld).
If you have any sort of decency in your gaming group they *should* let "wraith affecting" abilities include the wraithseer
>>
>>48467752
That was ages ago. Keep up.

They specifically say they are designed to be used in a 40k game. Where else would you use any of the many models not useable in 30k?
>>
> Suggestion of replacing Mob Rule w/ # of remaining Boyz contributing to Combat Resolution, & characters w/ Stubborn

I understand the frustration of old Mob Rule--really. It occurred to me that counting 5s to add to CR would be time-consuming & unwieldy, while just counting 10s wouldn't even be that much less complex.

What about if the surviving Boyz/Ork infantry simply outnumber the enemy in assault, they just get +1 or +2 to CR?

That's something you can pretty well tell at a glance for a huge majority of armies, so it would speed the game along; fluff-wise, +2 to CR wouldn't save them if Orks -really- had their asses handed to them, so their failure even if outnumbered would reflect the rapid shift from "GET 'IM" to "OH SHI--". If the fight were otherwise even, it reflects the Ork enjoyment of a gud skrap.

Y/n?
>>
Is daemonic incursion forge world?
>>
>>48466135
You would be surprised. SM players usually are pretty shit at the game they overestimate they're armor saves and weapons too much. I know cause I am one
>>
>>48466708
To what end, though? Why make them more competitive? Is it so that you can enter competitions? Tournaments (ironically) won't allow a home brew dex.

The only other option is a friendly game between two non tournament players; at which point, winning is not the goal, but a fun, shared narrative experience is. Ork players (myself included) have never, and should never, played an army in which the writers of the game devoted space and words to describing their fecal habits in order to win. The characterful models, randomness of the rules, and zany fluff have always been the draw of the army. An easily distinguishable antagonist was the other. We were included in starter sets to obviously be spanked by the 'heroes' of the human faction.

Eldar notwithstanding, all Xenos armies are intentionally gimped towards the human factions. And there's nothing wrong with that. Every good story needs a bad guy. Someone needs to lose every battle. As ork players, we took up that mantle to enhance the experience for everyone.

>Inb4 tau aren't gimped
tourney results speak for themselves. Tau can and will top a casual meta, but hardcore tourney tier armies will wipe the floor with them.
>>
>>48467919
why is it so wrong for people playing narrative driven casual games to want a balanced system to work with?

The largest issue with the WAAC tourny player vs casual fluff player mentality is that people thing the casual/fluff players dont want or need a balanced game, when in fact they almost need it *more*
If people are going to a tournament they (should) know the meta and powerlevels and know what to expect out of the current game.
If people want to play fluffy games, why should the Iyanden vs Tyranid reenactment be so skewed towards the eldar because they have a better book. A casual player can't pick up any fluffy list and be on even footing with any other given fluffy list
>>
>>48465175
>still caring this fucking hard
>>
Do I bother magnetising my Deredeo? Seems like a ton of work now that I'm looking at it... Or just glue my anvilus on and call it a day?
>>
Thread what do you think of Havocs with autocannons for CSM anti air? Is it better than missle launchers with flakk?
>>
>>48468256
Magnetize is nice but if you don't have a problem transporting it, don't.
>>
>>48467822
No.

The problem arises against single models. If you have, say, a dreadnought, you have 4 attacks. With a flat +2 to combat res, you practically auto-win or at least tie, every single round. Even if none of the boyz can actually hurt the dreadnought.

Same applies to any solo model that tries to CC, outside of ridiculous 10 attack demon princes.
>>
>>48468285
they have the same strength / ap, so all that matters is number of hits.
autocannon: 1/6 * 2 = 0.3333 hits, at 10 points, is 0.03333 hits per point.
flakk: 2/3 * 1 = 0.66666 hits, at 25 points, is 0.2666 hits per point

tl;dr: they're about the same
>>
>>48468285
Neither option is good. Flakk missiles are expenisive, autocannons are inaccurate
>>
>>48468337
.02666 on the flakk missiles, sorry.

and like >>48468340 said, they are both bad.
if you HAD to pick one, I'd go with the auto cannon. Cheaper and better against most AV
>>
>>48467919
>To what end, though? Why make them more competitive? Is it so that you can enter competitions?
To make it more fun.

We have different ideas of what fun is, and a lot of people prefer having a fairly balanced game.

Few people enjoy going into a game, knowing they will lose, purely because GW is absolute shit at making rules. This isn't intentional. It might be intentional that Space Marines are now OP as fuck, but guess what, we have factions other than Marines, or even Imperium, and a fight between Orks and Tau should also be fairly even, which it isn't.

You can have your fun with an army that will auto-lose against most people playing a strong army, meanwhile, the rest of us will have fun playing on an equal playing field with a fandex.
>>
>>48459201
>Being unable to deal with lasplas and 4 HS.
>Being unable to deal with panzee.
C'mon. Eldar struggled against non power-armour armies and IW dealt poorly with deamonbombs, trukkrush, horde lists with any hidden AT, etc. The gap between top and bottom in 3.5e wasn't as big.
>>
>>48463642
If you sign up and check your email, it shows that it's just a mobile game.
>>
>>48468292

For the purposes of maybe buying a plasma weapon in future, I mean.
>>
>>48459786
I ran shooty when you could get 5big shoota flashgitz mobs, tankbustas could be taken as troops and regular mobs could get 3 big shootas (2 on the mob, one on the nob). Lootas could take lascannons with gets hot, and you could take real looted tanks. Warbosses would take PK/Choppa so they could chose between striking at I8 limiting them to a 4+ save at best or Klaw them. Got +1A either way.
>>
>>48467919
>As ork players, we took up that mantle to enhance the experience for everyone.
Who elected your delusional ass to be the Ork spokesperson?
>>48467855
No. It was originally published in the Curse of the Wulfen campaign. It's also available through the Incursion Edition e-codex.
>>48467752
A, that's out of date. B, that's some pretty ridiculous double-think to claim that a stamp that signifies a unit as legal and intended for 40k actually signifies the opposite.
>>48467211
Have you ever actually tried to kill a Stormsurge or a Wraithknight using nothing but Meltas and Lascannon fire? Even the humble Knight Titan can eat an absurd amount of traditional anti-tank fire thanks to the shield.
>>
>>48468337
>>48468352
Ally in some tzeentch for divination.
>>
>>48468537
If I was going to bring in a Herald for Divination, I sure as shit wouldn't be wasting it on a ~115-150 point Havoc unit.

If I was deadset on bringing Divination magic to buff them, I'd be bringing a Sorcerer with the relic from Crimson Slaughter for rerolls to cast and the ability to embed the Sorcerer with the unit that he's buffing so that all the "Psyker's Unit" powers aren't dead-draws.
>>
File: 7thEdition State of the Game.jpg (161KB, 797x421px) Image search: [Google]
7thEdition State of the Game.jpg
161KB, 797x421px
>>48463763
>as a paragon of exemplary rules writing
Exemplary, no. Orders of magnitude better than the shitshow that is the current state of 7e Orks, yes. He's managed to do a noticeably better job for free with less resources than the team did while being paid as professionals.
>>
>>48468470
Then do it, that's a good idea
>>
>>48468633
>>48468633
>>48468633

New thread
new thread
where we'll bake bread
>>
File: 1350754399701.png (295KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1350754399701.png
295KB, 1000x800px
>>48466838
Still some points left for a 1500 list. Run out of Rhino chassis so 7 is my max number of rhino based tanks I can use.

+++ Traditional Sisters of Battle (1345pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1345pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (290pts) +

+ Fast Attack (530pts) +

Seraphim Squad (170pts) [8x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (390pts) +

>>
>>48468527
>Have you ever actually tried to kill a Stormsurge or a Wraithknight using nothing but Meltas and Lascannon fire?
At 2400 points? Yes. With my DEldar using Blasters and Lance weapons.

Because, newsflash, at that point level, you SHOULD have enough to deal with a superheavy, even a Stormsurge or a Wraithknight (Assuming the Eldar player isn't spamming invis on it, but then you are also fucked with your D shots anyway)

But you are clearly just an idiot, intent on parroting a point, without having any fucking idea of what he is talking about. You *want* S:D to be common, even at a 1000 point, where absolutely nothing can survive against it. S:D is fine on superheavies, but NOTHING ELSE should have access to that shit. Superheavies are fine with S:D, so they have an edge against other superheavies. It should never be on anything less than a LoW, and preferably not even on anything short of Superheavies.
Thread posts: 402
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.