[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36

File: s13[1].jpg (859KB, 2000x1316px) Image search: [Google]
s13[1].jpg
859KB, 2000x1316px
NO edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer ( irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for the bright and terrible angel of Veloth in his pre-chimerical form, demonic VEHK, gaunt and pale and beautiful, skin stretched painfully thin on bird's bones, feathered serpents encircling his arms.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa >>48434823
>>
First for Cyrodiil best province
>>
Is the godhead canon
>>
>>48457801

The Godhead is ANU. ANU is love.

Shittiest lore ever made btw.
>>
>>48457760

4th for TLB becomes Emperor
>>
>>48457839
I find the idea of a Godhead so lazy. It's basically, 'gods made everything', and then you ask 'but what made the gods?' and then you say 'everything's a dream'. It's a question best left unanswered.

>>48457868
You mean TLD. I also often mistype it as TLB because you're thinking of dragonBorn
>>
>>48457787
Using 'The Hist' as a cop-out for being lazy is something Zenimax does, not us. Cyrodiil's heartland is sub-tropical and Black Marsh will have varied architecture. Now give me ideas for something that'd not mud huts.
>>
>>48457794
Is it just me or are Cyrodiil's southern and southeastern borders completely arbitrary? The rest of its borders are mountains or seas. Skyrim's borders make a lot of sense cause it's completely surrounded by mountains.
>>
I feel silly asking this, but how exactly does Numidium "work"? Is it basically just a giant focusing lens for Lorkhanic/Padomaic force as provided by the Heart or a Shezzarine? Hell, I feel like even the way I've phrased that question probably betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of it.
>>
>>48457955
Eh, kind of. More or less like RL borders. Reaching down the Niben is understandable though. If the Empire would have a claim on that land, they would definitely press it hard so they're not penned in. Not only that, but their borders are not too different from the ancient Aylied city states. Would imagine that the Alessian Empire conquered it from the Aylieds, and have kept it since, resisting beastman invasion.

>>48457935
Mud huts are the most realistic, too. There's a reason you don't see grand temples in the Everglades and such. They sink. Wood rots, stone sinks, metal is way too expensive.

But if you insist, use ruined Dunmer infrastructure in the northern part, Imperial architecture in Gideon, and half-sunken Aylied ruins poking up in the swamp. Those, and some mayan-esque temple structures. Maybe put down hollowed out trees or something. Black Marsh isn't really known for its' civillization. Indeed, all we know about it is that it's packed full of mud huts, flies that feed on any bare flesh, and shit. But take my advice, and keep it to 8 villages through the entire province. Black Marsh can't into civillization.
>>
>>48457904
>I find the idea of a Godhead so lazy. It's basically, 'gods made everything', and then you ask 'but what made the gods?' and then you say 'everything's a dream'. It's a question best left unanswered.

Godhead is meant to be the absolute, the highest possible level of existence, the set of all sets. No-one made it because it's the source of all things, and it's also the sum of all things. It's a pantheistic idea.

The problem with it being Anu is that this makes no sense. Anu is stasis, and incomplete without Padhome. Add in that love bullshit from the Loveletter and suddenly 'godhead' becomes 'the good guy at the top' which is a much duller concept IMO.

>>48457935

Houses on stilts.

Houses that float, or a raft village, on a lake.

It's Argonians so you could go with underwater dwellings, maybe with a dry upper chamber for dry goods. Maybe even a village which has seperate huts/stilt houses on the surface and a network of underground water-filled caves connecting them, with a lot of village life conducted in the underwater common areas.

Huts made out of a hollowed-out giant dry fruit/vegetable, something like a 10ft high pumpkin only cooler and weirder.
>>
Starting Oblivion guy here again. I'll try not to bug you guys much longer. I've one question to decide really... efficient levelling for my mage or not? Is it okay so far as surviving through the game and eventually becoming a weapon of mass destruction to just pick the standard mage class over trying to make one and play a way to level +5 intelligence and willpower each time? I'm playing a high elf and have picked the mage sign so I start with 250 magica before choosing class (iirc there's also lots of spell effects to fortify and regenerate magicka too). So I figure (I think) that I can deal with the max plus 3 to intelligence and willpower each level up if I choose the mage class because of this starting boost, and I'll be able to start with extra spells - because I don't have to buy them if they're added by me having the school as a major skill - and use skills I like early on and get the most out of alchemy earlier because I'll start by discerning the first two spell effects, etc. and just have much more fun playing the game that way?
>>
>>48458081

It's a gaint brass robot that shouts "No!" at existance.

It is unbound by time. When Tiber Septum used it to conquer his Empire, it laid siege to Alinor for 24 hours. Subjectivly, the siege lasted thousands of years, from the time of the battle all the way to the early 5th Era.

It will return from the siege (passing around its multiplication and destruction in Daggerfall) to destroy the world in the 5th era.
>>
>>48458126
Yeah, I guess limiting the amount and size of settlements would be the best way to tackle it instead of ending up with 100s of mud huts.

>>48458138
That's pretty good. I could definitely use stilt houses, and dwellings you have to access through an underwater passage.

Former Telvanni slaves learning magic, growing their own giant pumpkins and hollowing them out sounds dank as fuck, will definitely use that

mushrooms are sooooo third era anyway
>>
>>48458145
it's more fun without min/maxing, but unfortunately oblivion does somewhat force you to because of its cancerous level scaling

get a mod to fix that, and just play a mage, without any worries about getting that perfect +5 intelligence and willpower every level
>>
>>48458183
is this c0da stuff? it sounds fucking retarded
>>
>>48458279
This is why I love Morrowind so much, it has just some minor scaling so there's no pressure. You'll always be better off at level 5 than at level 1, even with poor skill and attribute leveling.

In Skyrim I don't even read skill books that level a skill I'm not using, like a true autist.
>>
>>48458292

Yes, it is c0da stuff.

It is what it is.
>>
Tarhiel might've gotten himself killed but nobody truly appreciates his genius as no other mage can make such powerful jumping scrolls.
>>
>>48458279
Thanks. Going with mage then. I'll play a while and if I'm ''really'' struggling I will look for something to chance level scaling.

>>48458329
One day I will play Morrowind properly. When I was a kid the lore in Oblivion engrossed me so much I wanted to play the earlier games to learn more about the TES universe but for some reason never got around to it.
>>
>>48458377
Why did MK think it would be a good idea?
>>
>>48458145
>efficient levelling

Nah, not worth it IMO. For me it's pointless bean-counting and gets in the way of just playing. My game is modded to be harder than vanilla and I never bother with this kind of optimizing, especially not for a mage, and I do just fine.

The levelling taks care of itself to some degree anyway. If you fight harder enemies you use your skills more, which raises them more quickly.

High Elf + Mage is a good start. I never play a magic-focussed character that doesn't start with some kind of magicka boost. However I will say that magicka regenerates quite fast in Oblivion, and there are plenty of restore potions, so Bretons, with their superior defensive abilities, are a strong choice as well.

My main tip for you would be make the most of Conjuration, use it to hide behind your summoned monsters and shoot blasts of magical death. Illusion is also very powerful, the Frenzy spells are great and once you get the skill up to 50 you get access to Paralyze and Invisibility.
>>
>>48458454
As someone who started with Skyrim only a year ago, I found it surprisingly easy to get into Morrowind. I doubt I could do the same for anything older though.

yes, I've only been into TES for a little over a year, starting with skyrim
>>
>>48458183
>It will return from the siege (passing around its multiplication and destruction in Daggerfall) to destroy the world in the 5th era.

Way to go, MK. Spelling out a definite end to a good franchise on beforehand is going to make you look retarded and the game devs greedy for not going along with your plan.
>>
>>48458183
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, it basically let the pilot of the golem hijack Akatosh for however long they're in control? I'm trying to figure out what metaphysical "level" this thing works at. I.E., does it make the user as powerful as one of the Gods, or does it go beyond that and basically let someone cheat their way into a comprehension of CHIM (my understanding being that the latter is more powerful than the former)?
>>
>>48458460
Because he actually isn't a very good writer and his style is only pleasing on limited amounts beneath a standard fantasy surface, not as the general tone
>>
>>48458394
>>48458431
>>48458474
These are cool, do they all appear in ESO? I'm definitely using those.
>>
>>48458486
I also like to give Bethesda shit on some of the things they do but I hate it when people get autistic for them not living up to lore that you'd need NASA computers for.
>>
>>48458528
Oh, also, worth noting is that Velomer (?) founded the cities of Thorn and Archon. And that the largest prison of Tamriel exists in, presumably underneath, Blackrose, and that the village itself is built up only through the prisoning business. I'd expect that it also has Imperial influence, like Gideon. Speaking of which, Gideon and Stormhold were originally Aylied structures.

t. Imperial pocket guide thingie, 3rd edition
>>
>>48458504

It works using the Dwemer philosophy of refutation. Deny something hard enough and you get to fill that vacuum yourself. The Dwemer had hoped to reach true godhood using that method but failed hard with Numidium. The did however partially succeed, since the Numidium is an incredibly powerful artifact that can affect reality.
>>
>>48458589
thank you serjo
>>
>>48458520
I can't say I ever liked his style of writing. Somehow it feels a lot like I'm reading something that only makes sense to the author.
>>
>>48458528
The mud huts do, I haven't seen the other two styles yet if they do appear.
>>
File: 1464806349252.png (260KB, 484x605px) Image search: [Google]
1464806349252.png
260KB, 484x605px
>>48458733
>There are people right now who think these savages deserve to govern themselves
>>
>>48458612
Aight, so (again, apologies for all involved for my density) it's essentially a way to force an attempt at achieving CHIM? Like, if an individual incapable of achieving it activates it they zero-sum, but if someone with the requisite ego takes the reigns they then get to achieve CHIM (or an equivalent control over the fabric of Mundus) automatically without actually having to understand the metaphysics involved, like Vivec did?
>>
What would be the repercussions of cutting down a Hist tree? Would the wood be expensive enough that some people would try?
>>
>>48458733
That place used to have dozens of trees, where'd they go?
>>
>>48458869

Numidium was a failed attempt at achieving CHIM by denying the 'false' reality (i.e the dream of the godhead). "I reject your reality and substitute my own" is the essence of it, but the method used by the Dwemer was flawed, and they were merged into the Numidium's skin. The reasons for this are unclear and at the moment up to individual speculation - personally I think the Dwemer didn't understand the physics and metaphysics in enough detail and so they misinterpreted (i.e denied+rewrote) reality incorrectly.

Tiber Septim (and by extension, Talos) achieved godhood by mantling, rather than by the direct method that the Dwemer hoped Numidium would have achieved.
>>
>>48459002
Not him and not sure what you are talking about but
>Numidium was a failed attempt at achieving CHIM by denying the 'false' reality
You better bring source on that because you as well as I know that this is very well your interpretation.

I personally believe that it was made to reject reality but it had nothing to do with CHIM or actual realizations and such, it was rude and vulgar manipulation of Aurbis through extremely powerful Tonal Architecture.

It never had anything to do with CHIM, it's artificial as fuck and is basically bruteforcing it.
>>
>>48459002
Who did Tiber mantle? Lorkhan?
>>
>>48458801
They don't govern themselves. Trees do.
>>
>>48459200
Well I mean it's an approvement, but it's still pretty shitty. In all of the civillized world, trees are cut down, not worshipped.
>>
>>48459197
In a sense - the Nordic pantheon had Shor, and the early Imperial pantheon had a watered down version of Shor called Shezzar. He became a lot less popular as the Empire grew to be more multi-racial, but he was still sort of like Shor and still existed to be mantled.
>>
>>48458138
Anu is not a "good guy" at top, no actual origin of Godhead is canon and if you rely only on ingame information you just know that there probably exists a Godhead.

If you want to rely on current interpretation/MK out of game fluff he isn't a good guy at top either. Anu is the dreamer but he was never a good guy or a bad guy, he is a guy that likes things to never change while Padhome enforces change. Anu is the Dreamer and his "soul" and memory of himself is Anui-El, his identity is personified in an entity that is absolute stasis. Sithis on the other hand is "soul" of Padhome in Anu's dream and his memory that again is the peak of absolute change.

Anui-El is perfect everything while Sithis is void and nothingness that forces "whole" that is Anui-El to be something.

Together they make the binary code of Aurbis, the end.
>>
>>48459260
>>48459200
Improvement.
>TFW you misspell your own banter
>>
Does anyone know much about the empire's religion during the interignum? I thought there was some resurgence of the worship St. Alysia, but I can't find much on it.
>>
>>48459197
Not him but I suggest you do your own research regarding Tiber, both ingame and forum.

What majority of people on /r/teslore and other communities who are into MK stuff consider is that he did not mantle a single entity, even though Hjalti, Zurin and Wulf were Shezzarines or at least one of them was a Shezzarine.

The Talos trio re-enacted Convention itself, Tiber served as Akatosh, Wulfharth served as Lorkhan and Zurin served as Trinimac who helped him to tear his heart out, Mantella is therefor a faux Heart of Lorkhan that works for Numidium.
>>
>>48459293

Unless it's absolute and all-encompassing, it's not godhead. It's also not interesting.

And yes, with the Loveletter I'm afraid Anu is very much framed as 'the good guy at the top'.
>>
>>48459260
The Saxhleel don't even "worship" Hist in the way we would understand it, the Saxhleel are basically Hist drones who have deluded themselves (and others) into thinking that they are each individuals.
>>
>>48459315
Whatever it is don't rely on ESO.

There is barely any mention of popular worship of Nordic pantheon or Yoku pantheon despite those being the largely dominant religions in their regions at the time. Instead everyone worships Alessian pantheon and other religions are mentioned in side quests and almost treated as minority or "old ways".
>>
>>48459354
Because Anu sees himself as the good guy at the top, not because he actually is.
>>
>>48459375
I haven't played ESO or read much on it, so I'm grasping at straws here.

I just picked interignum because of the massive political upheaval and balkanization of powers as a setting for maximum opportunity.
>>
>>48458528
The second one is actually Valenwood, not Black Marsh. The third one is artwork for Stormhold which does appear in ESO and basically a mix between inhabited ayleid ruins and mud huts thrown in between them. I don't recall any cities that look similar to the first pic, but I've seen some pics from DB DLC which I don't own that looked like that.
>>
>>48459354
>Unless it's absolute and all-encompassing, it's not godhead. It's also not interesting.
Anu is all encompassing, you seem to misunderstand the implications to MK makes with C0DA.
Anu, Nir and Padomay were in an another dream. Anu's soul and mind that got fractured are TES multiverse. Amaranth inside of Anu, the flower child, is the next multiverse which will not have a lingering tragedy and pain from previous dream.

As for loveletter, I am not sure if MK even knew the way TES would develop in future because in love letter void pre-dates Anu and Padomay while currently Anu is outside of the dream.

Again you can basically ignore all of it since it's not canon and not even really meant to be canon as stated by C0DA.
>>
>>48459382

OK, so the godhead who defines all reality sees himself as the good guy at the top... and still somehow isn't?

Drink up, anon.
>>
>>48459182

My mistake, I should have used 'godhood', not CHIM. Dwemeri refutation and CHIM are two of the Walking Ways, they go to more or less the same place but are not the same thing.
>>
>>48459451
Let's say instead of Anu, it was Satan who was defining all of reality. Even if he saw himself as a good guy, we know Satan's a bad guy.

If you were defining reality, obviously you'd set yourself up as a good guy too, because unless you're incredibly depressed that's probably how you perceive yourself.
>>
>>48459451
Godhead does not define himself because he is actually not sentient. Anui-El and Sithis are what exists inside of the dream, Anu is outside of it.
>>
>>48459481
>>48459489

If you're the absolute, all things come from you and are contingent upon you, including the concept of goodness and what counts as good.
>>
>>48459506
Okay, here is the meta plot that MK has created over the years because you seem to misunderstand it.

Anu...well lets say Jhon, okay so Jhons brother killed his wife because she wouldn't fuck with him. Jhon kills his brother and goes mad from all of this, he falls into coma. In his coma his mind and his dreams devolve into a world of it's own, but the world is tainted by the tragedy he himself perceived...

Okay so this guy in his delusional fever dream tries to make everything a perfect unchanging whole. This is the original Aurbis in it's whole and his avatar of self is Auri-El.
His subconscious memory of his brother, Sithis, sees this unchanging whole and actually acts as the catalyst for something that can snap this dream out of it's delusional state. Sithis creates Lorkhan, the unstable mutant, the wild card.

This all spirals into TES universe as we know it.

It's a story about loss, denial, overcoming your loss and being reborn as a new man.

Of course you can ignore this because it's not even really canon.
>>
>>48459506
This. Measurements (good and evil are measurements on a moral axis) are not even a possible concept without a zero point and the Godhead is that zero point. If it defines itself as good, then goodness is defined as what it says is good. Doesn't matter what that stuff is, even if it revolts you on a fundamental level, if you disagree with the zero point of morality, you are evil by definition.

>you now understand why Lucifer rebelled
>>
>>48459623
Read
>>48459593
This is not about good or evil. Anu is a guy who in his sensory coma of a dream created a perfect world for himself to escape his pain.
Sithis might be the most evil thing that exists but he is ultimately what Anu needs. Sithis as the soul of Padomey acts as the much needed change to snap him out his this state.

In it's current state it's meant to be a metaphor for escapism and becoming a new man through hardships.
>>
>>48459660
This begs the question, what is outside of Anu, when the universe is permanently destroyed, does Anu wake up, or does Anu die?
>>
>>48459704
This is where it gets even more ambiguous.
C0DA seems to imply that becoming a Godhead in whatever Omniverse TES takes place in is more than just a dream.
Your mind and spirit as a whole somehow become sheet for existence, you very much actually become a Godhead and not just a guy dreaming. As well as the souls of people around you can possibly literally get into your dream through your memory. It is meant to be again semi-metaphorical but people in C0DA literally plan to get into the next dream through Amaranth, a new dream where Anu/Padomay dilemma does not exist as a whole.

I think that possibly once someone becomes a Godhead in said omniverse he sort of "bubbles out" if that makes sense. He becomes shelled from the rest of his universe or on the contrary somehow everyone becomes aware of the fact that someone became a Godhead and they can interact with him only through memory.

This all becomes even more fuzzy because of "12 world of creation" that are mentioned and the fact that battle between Anu and Padomay basically caused the end of the world, literally or metaphorically again.

Basically when we talk about lore at this level we are talking about something that will never get referred to directly in games, something that is absolutely fuzzy and based on MK's writings and changes he makes to his own writings based on what community creates. Personally I still find it very interesting but I wouldn't be bothered too much if something annoys you in that interpretation.
>>
>>48459704
>>48459772
I almost forgot, the apocalyptic depiction of battle between Anu and Padomay and the fact that previous TES universe ends in C0DA when Amaranth happens also brings up another interesting hypothesis that I've seen multiple times.

Maybe when someone achieves Amaranth the true apocalypse actually happens one way or another and the dream where the dream was born basically becomes a barren wasteland.
Another possibility is that the Amaranth actually takes over the fabric of the dream, it gets destroyed and then populated by the dream of the new Amaranth.

But anyway, do your own research and come up with your own cool ideas about how this shit works, because no one is sure.
>>
>>48459772
Do you think the elder scrolls give people like the moth priests awareness up to that level, or are there other people, like the khajiit with their lorkhan ties, or argonians with the hist that could at some level imagine such a thing?
>>
File: tes_gnosticism.png (451KB, 1399x2714px) Image search: [Google]
tes_gnosticism.png
451KB, 1399x2714px
>>48459772
>>48459820
MK's out of game bullshit would be more compelling to talk about if I was a Gnostic but I amn't.

The 36 Sermons are cool, but C0DA is just ridiculous garbage that he keeps trying to ride.
>>
>>48459593

I understand it fine. I'm the guy from >>48457839 who says it's shitty and should be different.
>>
>>48459833
I do not believe that it's possible to gain that knowledge from one source, but I do believe that Elder Scrolls allow you to view all the information that exists in Aurbis, but from different angles.
Without enough information one can come to said realization with or without Elder Scrolls, that is what CHIM entails...but I don't believe that anyone can find out the whole story, not even us. The best one can get is full understanding of Tower/Wheel structure and the forces that made it possible/your own role in said structure.
>>48459849
I do appreciate my current understanding of TES universe, I was always a sucker for metaplots and maybe it's just that I like the idea of grand tragedy and process of overcoming said tragedy because I've went through a similar thing in my life. But sure, to each his own.

As for C0DA, I never understood why people insist that he tries to ride it. He just rarely replies to post made about his out of game stuff and mostly works on his new projects like Tellatale Batman Game, because he is a writer there.
>>
>>48459909
It can be different if you want it to be. This isn't even going into C0DA territory of
>All fiction is ultimately just fiction and the only physical medium where it exists is your mind, therefor your mind ultimately defines what said story is for you which means that canon is not as relevant as people claim it is
It's literally out of game stuff that doesn't affect any ingame lore. You can ignore it especially considering the fact that MK and Kuhlmann did not have that in mind when writing Sermons of PGE 1, meta became what it is slowly, over time.
>>
>>48459347
So, just to sum up my understanding of it: The three "mortal" men who comprised the Talos oversoul each mantled a being who was a major player during convention. Tiber Septim, by mantling Akatosh, served as the "tower" and the foundation upon which Wulfharth could mantle change/Lorkhan and Zurin Arctus could mantle stasis/Trinimac. The three souls together allowed the resultant entity to temporarily reshape reality as though Conventioion had not yet occurred (or was in the process of occurring). So Numidium was not an actual god, so much as an instrument through which mantlers of divinity could reshape reality?
>>
>>48459963
Yes. Which is also the reason why Talos somehow is a deity so intrinsic to the core of creation and Mundus itself despite being formed after Mundus began.
>>
>>48459963
The brass god is a god of NO, it is a god in the sense of a magnificently powerful entity that can reshape reality. And thats about as good a definition of a good that I can conceive of.

And the mirroring of Convention is called "the Enantiomorph" and is actually a mythological anagogic construct that is not unique to TES. Saul/David/Nathan are an Enantiomorph for example.
>>
>>48459981
But why was the Underking his own thing before the Warp in the West? Why didn't Talos just exist, instead of taking a few centuries?
>>
>>48459917
I want the game to be about the Alfred mantling Batman.
>>
>>48460047
As soon as a god begins to exist, is has always existed. Time is meaningless to the beings that are not bound by it. Why is Mannimarco both man, lich and necrogod? Cause time is meaningless to the being.
>>
>>48460047
Soul of Wulfharth and possibly Zurin too was trapped inside of Mantella.
Until Numidium started a Dragonbreak and until Mantella was destroyed/souls in it were free Talos could not form because it was missing at least one part.
After the Dragonbreak ended these souls rejoined together into a complete being and Talos history changed for ever retroactively forming what we read after Warp in the West.

That is my interpretation anyway.
>>
>>48460132
I know Daggerfall's lore was probably made before any thought of including Wulfharth in the mix, but the Underking sends you a letter that starts with this:

>Centuries ago, Tiber Septim ruled the land and forged an empire with great Numidium. The secret of Numidiums's power lies in its heart, carried within the Mantella. It is the heart of Tiber Septim's battlemage. It is my heart. It is my Mantella. It is my Totem. It belongs to me, and to none other. I have won and lost an empire.

Another letter you get earlier in the game only refers to Zurin's life force being what the Mantella was infused with, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Soul of Wulfharth (I have won and lost an empire) or possibly even Talos, but definitely Zurin.
>>
Take umbrage with this cosmological map. I dare you.
>>
File: 1458540315370.jpg (108KB, 800x911px) Image search: [Google]
1458540315370.jpg
108KB, 800x911px
I'm looking for 1x1 TES roleplay partners. Is anyone interested in that? No dice rolls, just freeform multi-paragraph writing.

Or, does anyone know a good place to find RP partners?
>>
>>48461130
>No dice rolls, just freeform multi-paragraph writing.
So just someone to play pretend with...
>>
>>48461151
Yes. I am aware I'm asking in the wrong place, but I'm desperate.
>>
>>48461064
>Anu and Padomay are just galaxys or some shit
>the shivering isles is a random disc but everything else is planets
>nothing to even represent half the Daedric Princes, even though Peryite has the Pits and many others also have named realms like the Ashpit or the Colored Rooms
>>
>>48460016
Relating back to that then, who was the victor of that enantiomorph? Given Numidium as a deity that represents no/is-not, and given that it was originally supposed to be powered by the heart of Lorkhan, does that mean that Ysmir Wulfharth was the victor, with Zurin Arctus the defeated and Tiber Septim the observer? I assume that from the idea of Ysmir Wulfharth being an incarnation of Shor/Lorkhan, and as such an inherently padomaic entity, and from Hjalti/Tiber Septim being the closest to "maimed" of the three.
>>
File: 1435651663213.jpg (74KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
1435651663213.jpg
74KB, 900x636px
>>48461130
I don't even know where you would do that. What would you even want to do? Who would control the world?
>>
>>48461388
I see it as Hjalti/Tiber being the victor (seeing that he continued to rule his empire and all that), Zurin being the observer (because he became a cursed undead lich) and Ysmir being the defeted (got his soul trapped in the mantella).

Maybe Zurin also got his soul trapped in the mantella, but either way i think my point still stands
>>
>>48461388
Its not victor/defeated but rebel/king; the cycle continues ever and anon even though in our more real world enantiomorphs there was a victor. The king is deposed and becomes the rebel which seeks to overthrow the new king and so on.
>>
I've got to say, I'm really enjoying the MK Dream Lore discussion here.

Time to be that guy: What exactly was Pelinal, how did he fit into it all, and what all did he know? Men were smothered by moths when they asked him, and he wore armor of the future time.

And the Dreamer, the Godhead, is he supposed to be a man? A normal man, in our world?

If the entire cosmology of the ES is inside the mind of a single being, does that mean that any being within the ES has the (untapped) capability of creating just as grand a schema in their own cranial meatdrive?

With the mention of Mothships and Sunbirds, does that mean that Imperials and Altmer managed to actually travel to other plane(t)s? Is this common knowledge within the game?

Is CHIM akin to waking up in the Matrix, knowing that you're in a dream but being a lucid dreamer?

Say what you want about MK's lore, but I'd be proud to have a forum like this debating something I'd created.
>>
>>48461790

Oh, and was the Eye of Magnus that we encountered just the shell of a mining robot from the 8th Era or whatever?
>>
>>48461790
Pelinal was a elf-murdering terminator.

The Godhead may be a man like us.

Yes.

Yes and not really.

Mostly.
>>
>>48461651
>>48461666

So, following the king/rebel dichotomy, and assuming that Ysmir Wulfharth was the king who the rebel tiber/Hjalti overthrew while Zurin Arctus observed, I almost wonder if the Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim might relate back to it. You have the (likely) shezzarine LDB slaying the Emperor, who says "But of course. You and I have a date with destiny. But so it is with assassins and emperors, hmm?" Would that imply that the LDB's (also implied to be an incarnation of Ysmir) slaying of Titus Mede II could perhaps be a continuation of the cycle, this time with Ysmir slaying the Emperor? I realize I'm now dipping into iffy territory for a number of reasons, not the least of which being the dubious canonicity of the Skyrim DB questline, but the question does prod at me.
>>
>>48461130
I'd be happy to ERP with you.

As for where to find RP partners, if you don't mind ESO, there's a lot of players on there, as well as the ESO RP unofficial forums.
>>
File: 1455060933929.png (444KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1455060933929.png
444KB, 900x1300px
>>48462090
That assassination was just a contract kill. I wouldn't say that it was a rebel overthrowing an emperor, unless your character was a Stormcloak or something along the line, which makes the matter be up to interpretation.
>>
>>48462090
Well, there was no observer...
Also, I don't think TLD is Ysmir. He is ysmir (title) but not Ysmir (god/"ghost of lorkhan"), since Talos took his place.
>>
>>48462224
Unless the Observer was the Night Mother. Spooky...

She watches you masturbate.
>>
>>48461574
You both control jointly. Good RP is just fiction writing with a co-author.

>>48462101
I passionately hate TESO, I don't want to talk to any of those people.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but my skype is Isaacthekhajiit
>>
>>48462214
>>48462224

I feel like there may actually be a number of people who could potentially be the observer (the Night Mother included), though I wonder if Astrid could count, especially due to her being at the very least "maimed" during the course of the questline. It's a stretch, certainly, but I'll admit a certain fascination with the idea of the LDB somehow fundamentally changing the nature of the Empire.
>>
>>48462412
>>48462249
>>48462224

Not either of you guys, but my head-canon is that the LDB sides with the Stormcloaks, kills the Emperor, and takes the throne as his rightful duty. He *is* dragonborn after all.
>>
>>48461130

You'd have better luck on Tumblr or Livejournal/Dreamwidth. This is the "needs dice and rules" side of the house.
>>
File: 1455115118837.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1455115118837.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>48462504
But there is no more need for a Dragonborn emperor as the covenant was broken and the dragon fires no longer need to be lit. Their only duty was to end Alduin and they did so. There is no more need for TLDB unless more metaphysics begin to manifest.
>>
>>48462595
There's still tradition that could be leveraged though, regardless of necessity. You have to figure there are people bemoaning the current status of the Empire compared to back in the good ol' days of the Dragon blooded emperors.
>>
>>48462504
>allying yourself with snowniggers and elves hellbent on destroying the world
>>
>>48462504
Being dragonborn isn't a great way of forming a government. Just because of hoary old man called you a name or some watery tart threw a sword at you doesn't mean you can run around and call yourself king.
>>
File: 1455389320287.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1455389320287.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>>48462644
Most of those people would be Stormcloaks, which are in the minority. There were many Dragonborn emperors who could be considered terrible rulers, what is stopping TLDB from being one of them? Nords are the ones who are hellbent on keeping tradition even if it kills them. Most of the Empire simply wants a competent ruler and TLDB is a very controversial and questionable choice for Emperor, regardless of birthright.
>>
>>48462504
So how long have you been playing Skyrim, fellow gaymer?

What I'd kill to slash into more knife-ears. Death to the Thalmors, long live the Nords!
>>
>>48462214
I don't know why a member of the Imperial Legion would assassinate the Emperor, though. You like the Legion but hate Titus Mede?
>>
>>48462922
The Dark Brotherhood doesn't kill out of hate.
>>
File: 1455289726299.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px)
1455289726299.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>48462922
Whatever reason you would give it, it is your character. Perhaps they hold the Night Mother as a more powerful entity than an Emperor who will be replaced regardless. Perhaps that legionnaire would instead destroy the Dark Brotherhood instead of joining them.
>>
>>48462962
Well which do you see as coming first? Loyalty to your Emperor, or loyalty to the Dark Brotherhood? Your Empire, or your assassin tutors? The contract, or your beliefs? Your duty to your Legion, or your personal feelings?

I would honestly rather look at the questline through that angle, especially since so often there's little to no personal interest in any of the assassinations you do throughout the games.
>>
>>48459354
Anu is everything
Nothing exists outside it. That nothing is what we know as Padomay.
>>
>>48459315
Can we talk more about the interignum, and what was going on in that time? Theorectally or otherwise?
>>
>>48463391
But anon, that's ESO related.
>>
>>48457935
argonians were building these massive stone pyramids aztec style, also you could have beaver style underwater dwellings
>>
How come people here dislike the tribunal for sacrificing a friend for power, yet give Talos a free pass?
>>
File: f65.png (261KB, 385x483px) Image search: [Google]
f65.png
261KB, 385x483px
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Beautiful#The_Beautiful

>where were you when SJW made an appearance
>>
>>48464616
Because fuck elven scum.
Also a third of talos didn't fuck the clones of another third of talos when they were bored.
>>
>>48464616
Dumb Nords and Cyrods buy into the Talos myth.
>>
Remanites > Alessiites > Potentates > shit > Septims > Meads
>>
>>48464680
Yes, yes, Reman is the bestest. What else is new?
>>
>>48462870
What I like most is how cool it is to play a stealth archer! It's a very versatile and powerful class in the Skyrim series.
>>
>>48464616
I don't like what Tiber Septim did to Zurin Artcus, or Barenziah. Wulfharth kind of had it coming.

The Tribunal did a dickish thing, but the events surrounding it aren't clear - they might have had legitimately good intentions, or they could have been greedy.

>>48464631
More like ISIS if ISIS was pro-Western.
>>
>>48464917
I think it was a bit of both
>>
>>48464917
>Wulfharth kind of had it coming.
How so?

>>48464616
I don't have anything against the tribunal for murder, but rewriting history and deciding that "no, it was actually completely justified I swear" doesn't sit right with me
Hjalti was a dirty fucking backstabber who but atleast he only used CHIMCHIMCHAROO for changing terrain
Though I wouldn't doubt it if you told me he did rewrite some of his sins as well
>>
>>48464901
>stealth archer
I've been trying to play a non-stealth using hunter in skyrim, RPing as a hunter following the old pantheon
It isn't going well
>>
>Elder Scrolls VII: Alinor
>Set in the Summerset Isles, during the early fifth era
>Main quest has you travel back in time to destroy Numidium during its' objective siege of Alinor to save all of Tamriel from the Numidium unmaking all of the world
>>
>>48465322
Wulfharth had become something of a warmongerer, wanting to battle the air spirits of Hammerfell as much as his traditional hatred against all elves. He's a loose cannon who was used by a man who, at least according to the Arcturian Heresy, was ruthless and willing to kill his own allies for his own gain.
>>
>>48465395
>Alinor
I hope we never go there. Bethesda is bound to fuck it up.
>>
>>48461790
Pelinal was most likely an artificial Ada, a spirit terminator created to help Alessia in past. His name, star made knight, seems to imply that he was build by Magna-ge most likely at the request of Kynareth.

I think not. Read some of the posts above, C0DA seems to imply that becoming Godhead is also part of the metaphysics of both universe where Anu is from and this one, and universe where Anu lived seems to have undergone some apocalyptic event, possibly at hands of Anu and Padomay.
Yes, Amaranth.
It's not common knowledge within three usual folk but knowledgeable people and historians know that both large parties used to do Aetherial travel, battlespire was the last space construct empire had and it got fucked.
CHIM is akin to that, but add the following, you know that you are part of a whole and really you don't exist, but you are so self loving and egotistical that you consciously impose your identity over the universe, you sort of exist because you want to exist now.
>>
>>48465450
I hope we do, if only because having a game set in the province is better than just not including it at all.

Also I like the idea of battling Numidium in old Alinor (with the help of an elder scroll or two), and getting edited into history.

>Curiously, prior ro the fifth era, all sources claim that the Numidium was succesful in besieging the capital of the Altmer, when this is clearly not the case, as documented by first-hand accounts of the battle.
>>
>>48465919
Nah, I don't want to fuck with Talos and his siege
>>
>>48465919
Eugh, I would rather any timetravel be left out of the plot, please.
>>
File: Spikes McGee.png (1MB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
Spikes McGee.png
1MB, 1536x864px
>>48465971
Too late
>>
>>48464616
>implying the tribunal doesn't get a free pass here aswell
fucking ALMSIVIboos
>>
>>48462595

There's the fact that the central government has no strong ruler. There's the fact that as LDB you can bend men, mer, animals, and even dragons to your will.

>>48462654

Snowniggers/=Elves. Think Paul Atriedes and his Fremen. You need an army to establish an Empire, and TDB already has one that thinks he's a demigod.

>>48462719

Why not? Who else is gonna lead the Empire?
>>
>>48466094
>bend men, mer, animals, and even dragons to your will.
So a dictator. Most dictators do not have the will of the people by their own accord.
>TDB already has one that thinks he's a demigod.
The Stormcloaks are loyal to Ulfric. You could make a case, but in the end, Skyrim doesn't want to be part of the empire anymore.
>Who else is gonna lead the Empire?
Someone with political skills? Just because you have the biggest stick doesn't mean you can rule an entire empire. Sure, it will help in times of war, bit what about after the war? Do you think the Dragonborn really understands the intricacies of being an emperor of an entire continent?
>>
>>48462870
>>48464901

See, people like you are annoying. "Hurr, I've here all summer, let's meme shit and derail threads"

Granted, the main character always fades into obscurity. Nerevar fucked off to Akavir and the PC from Oblivion became....a deadric god?

But okay. Let's be a stealth archer in Skyrim 2.
>>
>>48465395

Yes, but like >>48465450 said.
>>
>>48466143
The Stormcucks doesn't speak for everyone in Skyrim.
>>
>>48466169
Yeah, but the original conversation stemmed from TLDB being in the Stormcloaks.
>>
>>48466143

>So a dictator. Most dictators do not have the will of the people by their own accord.
This isn't the Happy Gumdrop Republic were talking about. This is a feudal empire. So yeah, basically a dictatorship.

>The Stormcloaks are loyal to Ulfric.

See
>Cuhlecain

You could make a case, but in the end, Skyrim doesn't want to be part of the empire anymore.

Not the old Mede Empire, no. I imagine a new, Nordic dynasty would serve them well though.

>Someone with political skills?

Thats what up-jumped Jarls are for.

>Just because you have the biggest stick doesn't mean you can rule an entire empire.

Yes it does.

>Sure, it will help in times of war, bit what about after the war? Do you think the Dragonborn really understands the intricacies of being an emperor of an entire continent?

That's what the Imperial Court is for. And who says LDB is a dunce anyway? It's all open to interpretation.
>>
File: Empire_In_Argonia.jpg (66KB, 734x530px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_In_Argonia.jpg
66KB, 734x530px
>In the grim darkness of the 40th era, there is only war.
>>
>>48466266

>And the elves are still dicks
>>
File: maormer armor.jpg (55KB, 736x445px)
maormer armor.jpg
55KB, 736x445px
How do you imagine Pyandonean culture?
>>
>be titus mede
>inherit a weakened empire, don't have any superpowers like the septims
>thalmor start a war with you
>come to a point where it could end in a pyrrhic victory, but that'd completely destroy the empire
>sign white gold concordat, losing hammerfell in the process
>wait 30 years, new generation can win the 2nd great war cause mer take much longer to reproduce
>get ready for the 2nd great war, but a few months before the planned attack you hear about a rebellion in skyrim
>this ulfric guy, a former thalmor prisoner, has killed the high king and pitted 4 of skyrim's holds against the empire
>send in tullius, he captures ulfric within no time
>tullius knows the thalmor will try to prevent ulfric's death, so he orders the carts to stop and execute him at helgen instead of solitude
>fucking ALDUIN saves his ass, rebellion continues
>have to call the dark brotherhood on yourself to serve as a martyr and have your succesor start the 2nd great war
>save the empire, save mankind, talos worship allowed again as aldmeri dominion is crushed, prevent the thalmor's endgame of unmaking creation
>mede dynasty will always be remembered as the worst, you'll never witness the end of the thalmor

fuck you septimboos, mede empire is underrated
>>
>>48466344
not canon
>>
>>48466433
What.
>>
>>48466433
How the hell do you figure that Pyandonea isn't canon?
>>
>>48466437
>>48466474
t. schick
>>
>>48466344
A combination of Polynesian cultures.
>>
>>48466424

And on top of that, Ulfric gets his throat slit by LDB just after his nord armies conquer Cyrodiil. LDB takes the throne and serves as a shitty, brutish Emperor for a while, repeating all the sins of the Septims.

>Until Mcguffin War 6: Ethaeric Boogalooo
>>
>>48466424
>Usher in the 5th era, the Mede dynasty propelling the Empire to heights not reached in centuries
>Numidium destroys time

Thanks Tiber you asshole
>>
>>48466487
Pyandonea and the Maormer were mentioned as early as Oblivion you donut
>>
>>48466545
t. Todd
>>
In the whole Hjalti/Zurin/Ysmir/Tiber oversoul/underking mantella thingymajiggy, where does Talos of Atmora fit in?
>>
>>48466634
Artificial being, a new backgound for the trifold God written into the history. Kinda like Vivec's egg.
>>
>>48466670
dude what
>>
>>48466545
Unless he's making a joke about the maormer not having a culture, which has fallen flat if that's the case, he's just trolling.

I would imagine maormer culture is extremely clannish and amphibious, cities are in shallow lagoons of the archipelago and each lagoon is owned by a clan network similar to the Dunmeri Houses. Nomadic clans similar to the ashlanders herd sea beasts on the abyssal shelves and have strife with the soft "city" people but all clans come when Orgnum calls to war.
>>
>>48466702
In his apotheosis Vivec rewrote his own past, from dickgirl whore to a divine being from birth. Same happened with Hjalti/Wulf-deer/Arctus and Talos.
>>
Reminder that Nibenese are fucking faggots who can't fight for shit and would rather bite the pillow underneath an Elf and write a play about it than actually do anything useful with their time.

PS. Praise Talos
>>
File: 1458989360186.jpg (30KB, 222x199px)
1458989360186.jpg
30KB, 222x199px
>>48466763
>nordaboos talking like they are hot shit
>>
>>48466094
An actual politician. Not a murderhobo who is Mora's bitch.

Also, look up Monty Python and The Holy Grail.
>>
>>48466821
Listen up Dark Elf scum
Colovians are not Nordaboos, we are the true sons of Atmora, having perfected the art of statesmanship and warfare, conquered ALL of the known world. If anything Skyrim is rightful Colovian territory. They are blonde barbarians who are just one step above the Snow Elves that infest their land and rape their women. The only reason they still rule The Rift and Falkreath is because the glorious Colovian Empire has had mercy on the poor savages.

Also House Hlaalu is best Dark Elf clan you fucking shit
>>
File: fyr.jpg (81KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
fyr.jpg
81KB, 400x380px
>>48466899
>They are blonde barbarians who are just one step above the Snow Elves
Hey, I guess maybe Colovians are no so ba-
>House Hlaalu is best Dark Elf clan
>>
>>48466850

You mean like the guy who hires you to assassinate the Emperor? He seemed like fine, moral, upstanding polititician.
>>
>>48466148
What are you talking about, friendo? We're not off topic, we're talking about our dank c0da lore.

My OC Donutsteel Dragonborn, Cold Steel the Dragonborn, is not only the best stealth archer in the entire planet of Tamriel, but after the events of Skyrim became the Emperor. Afterwords xhe united all the Nords and those other races to round up and put an arrow in the knee of every Thalmor XD. Praise Talos!
>>
>>48466945
Being a politician has nothing to do with morals, it's a matter of competence. And that's rich coming from the guy who's gargling Hjalti's cum.
>>
>>48466961

I never said the LDB would be a *good* emperor. And in the end, don't we know the Thalmor win (in a way)?

For the record, I'm not trying to push my special snowflake interpretation of the character. Based on the marketing of the game, in-game buildup and parallels between LDB and Tiber Septum, the assasination of the current emperor, the Blades being rebuilt and supporting the LDB, the Hjalti's Sword quest, I think there is evidence to support the LDB eventually becoming emperor.

And if we ever hear anything about it in a future game I'm sure it will be vague and non-descriptive.
>>
>>48466928
No one cares about your opinions dark elf degenerate. Your faith alternates between Daedra and crossdressing perverts and the only reason you are tolerated is because your greatest ''house'' army couldn't make it past the Valus mountains, even less the grand imperial legion! Go back to your mushrooms and hide from the Argonians, ashfucker.
>>
>>48467024
>Blades being rebuilt
it's literally 2 peeps, and they're humongous faggots
>>
>>48467058
You tell those knife-ear demon worshippers.

Praise Shor.
>>
>all this tuskposting
wew
>>
>>48467088
I know it's funny in a cosmic way, but for some reason people free-form RPing and name fagging in /tg/ is autistic and weird. Hopefully it doesn't keep happening.
>>
Daily reminder that Tiber was nothing special, just a product of his time. Fuck you Hasphat.
>>
>>48467083
>Nordcuck arse licking the Colovian who just called his entire race not much better than knife-ears

Guess we know what that greater power reducing physical damage was for, all that brutal anal sex you receive.
>>
>>48467058
Friendly reminder that crossdressing perverts were the only thing between Murder House's ash-bitten knives and Emperors' throats.
Remember what happened to Remanites? Yeah.
>>
>>48467184
>Crossdressing.
>>
>>48467083
We tolerate you too, citizen. Don't forget to enlist in the Imperial Legion. By the Nine.

>>48467155
Fuck you Caius race traitor reeee

>>48467184
Never forget our proud Reman dynasty brought to the knife not by Dark Elves, but by Akaviri traitors. The only thing you ashlickers did was start the interregnum, allowing for our glorious hero and savior of Mankind, Tiber Septim, to lead us all to glory and leave you filthy elves behind in your dark age.
>>
Speaking of colovians (autism), is it just my headcanon, or are the Colovians generally western european, while the Nibenese are generally roman?
>>
>>48467493
>tfw chinese influences in cyrodiilic culture have been watered down to nothing
>>
>>48467493
Colovians are Roman Skyraboos, while Nibenese are Roman Akaviraboos.
>>
>>48467493
I think Colovians are Eastern European to Bretons' Western Europeans.
>>48467536
And this too.
>>
>>48467536
I see
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 624x600px)
image.jpg
91KB, 624x600px
>>48466899
>House Hlaalu is best Dark Elf clan
>>
>>48467748
>image.jpg
no, you are the n'wah
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 841x503px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 841x503px
>>48467808
That's a nice subjective opinion you got there, lad.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (60KB, 320x371px)
triggered.jpg
60KB, 320x371px
Speaking of Hlaalu scum, I fucking hate TR's ideas for them.

>lol we were merely pretending to suck Empire's cock all this time
>>
>>48458431
That's from Valenwood
>>
>>48467905
Could you elaborate? I haven't played TR, what did they do with Hlaalu?
>>
Why can't House Dres and/or Telvanni get along with Dagoth?
>>
>>48467995
Read for yourself:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/state-house-hlaalu

>>48468007
They can.
>>
>>48467905
That was always a thing, since vanilla Morrowind. Ask around Balmora.
>>
>>48468007
Because the sixth house is actually evil. Telvanni don't want to be slaves and house Dres isn't really on the mainland.
>>
>>48468054
>house Dres isn't really on the mainland.
that's their only place, you mean Vvardenfell
>>
>>48468037
Can you elaborate?
I don't say all Hlaalu are Imperial boot-lickers - there was at least Orvas Dren's faction, but the fact is House Hlaalu was full of fucking traitor scum like Helseth or Ilmeni Dren.
>>
>>48468086
Hlaalu's ties with the Camonna Tong says a lot.
>>
>>48468133
That's Orvas' doing.
>>
>MANnimarco
you can stop claiming he's a god now
>>
It's obvious that house Hlaalu doesn't actually like imperials and denounces dunmer culture, it's 100% about personal gain
>>
>>48468177
V-anus Galerion pls go.
>>
>>48462214
>>48467905
>>48464917
Fuck you Vivec, I'll never forgive you.
>>
>>48468086
If you ask people, they reply that it's all a facade, that Hlaalu has too many ties with the Comonna Tong, and while Hlaalu is getting all those western shekels, the right thinking Dunmer will rise up and murder the outlanders in their sleep. Hell, I even remember a Hlaalu farmer straight up starting the conversation with "Go back the way you came, N'wah." and not being able to say anything but goodbye.
>>
>>48468236
As I said, that's all Orvas faction (Omani and Ules). Vedam Dren is against Camonna Tong and there are two n'wah fucking councillors. And there's also Dram Bero, but he's fucking useless.
>>
>>48468007
>House Telvanni
That should be answer enough right there.
>>
File: mer in stupid hats.jpg (1MB, 900x2100px) Image search: [Google]
mer in stupid hats.jpg
1MB, 900x2100px
>>
>>48457760
Can someone redpill me on the Khajiit or link me to a deepest lore article about them? Those cats seem to have more than meets the eye. I read they were uplifted by Azura, but are they Mer or something else entirely?
>>
File: 1397042899002.png (206KB, 404x543px) Image search: [Google]
1397042899002.png
206KB, 404x543px
>>48468763
>redpill
Pic related.

That said, yes they are mer. "Uplifted" implies the cat forms are superior to the divine form of mer and that also gets you a pic related. Azura fucked with them with the moons, not uplifted.
>>
>>48468788
Found the Bosmer.
>>
File: khajiit_by_quidames-d9o0rck.png (5MB, 2335x1412px) Image search: [Google]
khajiit_by_quidames-d9o0rck.png
5MB, 2335x1412px
>>48468763
>redpill
Don't.

They're "sort of Mer", and originate from the same stock as the Bosmer. Except the Khajiit were made by wise and glorious Azurah, while the Bosmer were made by that fag Y'ffer.

As for lore, start out with:
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Words_of_Clan_Mother_Ahnissi
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith...
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Tale_of_Dro%27Zira
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Where_Were_You_..._Dragon_Broke
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mixed_Unit_Tactics
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/The_Elsweyr_Confederacy
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_3rd_Edition/Sugar_and_Blood
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with saying Redpill
>>
>>48469027
Especially when it is not in a /pol/ context
>>
Do we know the topography of Black Marsh? Is it all a black marsh, or are there actual hills and such in it?
>>
File: khajiit lore.png (286KB, 1626x1630px) Image search: [Google]
khajiit lore.png
286KB, 1626x1630px
>>48468763
here's one i had saved from a while back
>>
>>48469187
wouldn't the high elves hate em for the link betweeb skooma/moon sugar and the doom drum?
>>
>>48469312
Altmer hate everything. Mer in general are like that, the little shits.
>>
>>48469027
>there is nothing wrong with being a memelord
>>
>>48469338
No fucking wonder they want to fuck the towers up
>>
>>48469027
>euphemism for "spoonfeed me"
>announces that you're a /pol/lack
>>
>>48469338
>Altmer hate existence, the very idea a mockery of their ancestors
>Dunmer hate other people, even enslaving those they deem to be beyond subhuman
>Bosmer hate salad
>>
>>48469907
>Falmer hate everything
>Maormer hate dry land
>Orsimer are hated by everyone
>Khajiit hate Bosmer
>Manmer hate eachother
>>
>>48469907
>talk to someone you haven't met in a long time
>discussion strafes into vidya
>he mentions playing skyrim
>i say i'm a tes fan
>he says bosmer are his favourites
>have to resist the urge to call him out on his shit taste
>>
>>48469983
>shit taste
Could be worse. Could be Orsimer. I'd rather a smelly midget than a literal shit.
>>
>>48469983
to be fair, bosmer in skyrim are the best bosmer in all the series (aesthetically) they look like savage tribals rather than santa's elves
>>
>>48470020
*they look like generic wood elves
>>
File: Bosmer faces.jpg (72KB, 500x564px)
Bosmer faces.jpg
72KB, 500x564px
>>48470020
>not these ones
>>
>>48470049
To be fair, aside from the very bottom guy, they all look like Goblinoids.
>>
>>48470043
Morrowind and Oblivion's putty faces make them look like santa's elves fucked tolkien's goblins. Bosmer in Skyrim look like near-feral tribal savages, which is what wood elves are supposed to look like. Fey.
>>
File: TESV_Faendal.png (1MB, 600x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TESV_Faendal.png
1MB, 600x1080px
>>48470157
I'm not seeing it
>>
>>48470049
Morrowind did kinda do this with a lot of the male Bosmer faces. A lot of people just forget about it because they use mods that replace the faces.
>>
>>48470213
Tat that sumbitch up and give him a non-human eye color.
>>
File: Bosmer_Skyrim.jpg (225KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bosmer_Skyrim.jpg
225KB, 1280x720px
>>48470213
They *can* look like savages, but most people probably don't spend much time trying for that look.
>>
>>48470020
Skyrim had better Bosmer than Oblivion that made them all look like a cross between David Spades and shaved Garden Gnomes.
>>
>>48469180
>Druadac
>Carthwasten
>Rorickstead
>Carth river
>HammerFell
>Whiterun hold (adding hold is unnecessary)
>Hjalmarch
>'Hjal river' has no name AFAIK
>Lake Klinalth
>White Pass (it's Pale Pass)
>Aivarstead
>Jerral mountains
>Hsaaric's Head
>Whiteshore
fucks sake how many mistakes can you make in one map

By the way, do we have a name for inhabitants of a certain hold? Is someone from Riverwood, Rorikstead or Whiterun a Whiterunner?
>>
>>48469983
he just likes them cause they're the best sneak archers
>>
>>48470298
In Skyrim I like to stick with low level armor and weapons, because they usually look way better
>>
>>48470527
In some older TES maps, it's called Aivarstead.
>>
>>48470566
The fact that you can improve low level weapons and armour to be useful throughout thenentire game is one of the reasons I like Skyrim more than Oblivion. Almost everything high level looked ugly in Oblivion.
>>
>>48470634
Alright, but the rest are pretty inexcusable.

>>48470639
Looking back at some of my oldest Skyrim screenshots I'd actually mix and match ebony, steel plate and dwemer for the best armor rating I could get, nowadays I always wear full armor sets, or mismatched if it looks good (fur, leather and hide can always be mixed)
>>
>>48470666
I have always wore whatever I think looked best in Skyrim. In Oblvion I always got my shit pushed in by the level scaling so I always made sure I had the best stats.
>>
File: Skyrim-Map.jpg (297KB, 1024x692px)
Skyrim-Map.jpg
297KB, 1024x692px
>>48470527
Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure the map is an older one that was leaked during Skyrims development.
>>
>>48471098
>>48470527
After googling some, that map was translated from russian (of course), and was the first ever map of Skyrim. Which is why everything looks fucked up; It's roughly translated from cyrillic.
>>
>>48471098
>>48471135
Alright, don't ever post it here again cause it triggers me
>>
>>48466424
The fact that the Medes managed to do so well despite everything being in shambles and having no way to really solidfy their rule beyond their own will is actually really cool. And Titus Mede himself seems rad when you meet him.
>>
File: Cyrodiil_Map.jpg (243KB, 1279x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrodiil_Map.jpg
243KB, 1279x1136px
>>48471772
Sorry Sera
>>
>>48471823
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAVE THIS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48470639
You mean with enchanting and stuff? The enchanted look bothered me.
>>
>>48471823
What on Earth am I looking at?
>>
>>48472065
>not 'what on Nirn'
you're looking at corprus
>>
>>48472097
I regretted it the second I posted it.
>not what on Mundus
>>
>>48471823
>republic

Get this fucking corprus-riddled guarshit out of here.
>>
CHIM
>>
File: tamriel.jpg (427KB, 1600x1067px)
tamriel.jpg
427KB, 1600x1067px
>>48471970
It amuses me
>>
>>48471823
Elinor Hegemony? What the hell is an Elinor?
>>
>>48472142
>Ebonheart is nearly half the land mass
Even Zenimax knows not to go full N'wah
>>
>>48472129
>>48472201
No point in pointing stuff out, I could spend all day doing it.
>>
>>48472142
>>48472211
How will the dominion and covenant even compete with the great ebonheart pact?
>>
>>48472238
they abuse magic and stealth
>>
>>48471974
I just remember that enchantments was a pain in the ass in Oblivion and that I had to recharge my stuff all the time with soulstones that I need for enchanting. I also remember that getting soulstones was a bother. Then there was also the issue that I had to grind up my armorer to not make my broken magic gear obsolete.

I just remember all kinds of annoying aspects of Oblivion after playing Morrowind.
>>
>>48472238
>>48472211
Black Marsh and Argonians as a whole are pretty useless, and Skyrim and Morrowind arn't as densely populated as High Rock and Summerset Isles.
>>
>>48472142
>the Direnni Tower and Betony aren't part of the Daggerfall Covenant, despite Betony having been turned into Orc homeland

If you're going to have shitty retcons to take the Orcs out of the Wrothgardian mountains, at least stick to them.
>>
>>48472299
It also took you a damn long time just to get far enough to do any enchanting, and because of the leveling system you'd have to keep enchanting new stuff.

I think Skyrim made it way too easy, and I miss Mysticism, but that's another argument entirely.
>>
>>48472308
>Black Marsh
Yeah, but it would also be incredibly hard for an enemy army to enter Black Marsh let alone try and take it. A few Argonian guerrilla fighters and some mages could easily defend key areas, compared to the army that would have to invade.
>Argonians
They were made into the healing race, for whatever reason, so they would be valuable for that alone. Plus guerrilla fighters, as I said.
>Skyrim and Morrowind arn't as densely populated as High Rock and Summerset Isles.
True, and Telvanni and Dres didn't even join the Pact, so that does take a decent chunk out of their power both in supplies and mage power, although I doubt any of the Telvanni would take a moment out of their tower to deal with fighting anyway. Also, Nords still have crazy dragon magic and shit, so they are actually very stronk antimages.
>>
>>48472370
I just don't like how half the game in Oblivion feels like a chore.
>>
>>48472499
I consider it better than Skyrim, where it almost nothing really challenges and half the enemies are melee draugr.

You ever realize how few draugr use bows? I really only noticed when I realized their honed bows had a great price for their weight, and started trying to make sure to pick them up.
>>
>>48472537
Sure, Skyrim is easier, but I also find it to be more fun. I also remember that most of the dungeons in vanilla Oblivion was just boring and not worthwhile to go through.

However, I consider Morrowind to just be the better designed game when it comes to balancing features against eachother.
>>
>>48472309
the guy who made it just didn't bother to fill in any islands at all

betony and balfiera being orc territory is the most retarded thing ever anyway

>>48472370
If you ask me, Oblivion killed mysticism, not Skyrim.
>>
In ESO the maomer get "seasick" when on dry land, because they are used to the movement of their ships, which I thought was a nice touch. But that got me thinking, could Pyandonea be a floating island? It would explain why the island is so hard to find
>>
>>48472588
>Oblivion killed mysticism, not Skyrim

You're going to have to expand on that for me, anon. Oblivion may have taken away a need for teleportation or levitation, but Mysticism was still there. And I'd argue that things like Detect Life was a lot more useful after Morrowind.
>>
>>48472588
>Oblivion killed mysticism,
I have to agree there, mark and recall and the interventions really were the only spells I used mysticism for, and maybe soul trap if I ran into a decently sized creature.
Without the teleportation spells, mysticism was useless for anyone but a full mage, or maybe a Nightblade if you think Detect spells will help.
>>
>>48472238

>Covenant

Glass them from orbit? I don't know what "Covenant" you're speaking off. I don't even know what that maps from.

Some sort of fanfiction?
>>
>>48473196
epic
>>
>>48466032
Is that an arrow on its eye?
>>
>>48472799
It has so few spell effects it might aswell not exist. Unfortunately, all schools in Skyrim were Oblivion's mysticism-tier.
>>
>>48473196
Daggerfall Covenant, ESO. It might aswell be fanfiction,

>>48473651
Looks like it. Great attention to detail, anon,
>>
>>48473842
He knew what Covenant was being referred to. Bloke was just being cheeky.
>>
>>48472588
>>48472900

I mostly agree, I'll add though that Dispel is a highly underrated effect. On a character that isn't using Destruction as their main attack (for example, the pre-set Witchhunter class) Dispel is nice for instantly desummoning hostile summoned monsters. Just hit the summoner with a regular Dispel Other and unless they've summoned something really high level, that summon is gone. They can recast it of course, but not indefinitely and while they're doing it your own summon is busy wailing on them.

I quite like Detect Life on a MW-style Nightblade. Soul-trap is awesome for certain characters, it lets you keep your enchanted weapons fully powered. Haven't found a real use for Telekinesis, might be good if you could push NPCs around but you can't.
>>
>>48468321
That's the faction that's calling the shots, so I'm willing to say it would be safe to say.
>>
>>48472238
By the power of bad writing.
>>
Bethesda announces that the ES7 is going to be set in Morrowind, after they rejoin the Empire . What do you say?
>>
>>48457904
>>48457839
>The godhead is a terrible idea.
Svayam Bhagavan disapproves.
>>
>>48474399
Telekinesis is a thief's tool at best and a gimmick at worst. You can't use it to distract people, although if walking a handcart into a wall can kill the player, then hoofing apples at NPCs might kill them.
>>
>>48474399
>Telekinesis
It's what mages use to play basketball.
>>
>>48474665

If you'd followed the conversation you'd have seen it was about the TES one, which I was arguing sucks because it isn't like the IRL concept, but is more about "the good guy at the top".
>>
>>48474653
Well, they haven't even announced TES6: Valenwood, so that would be such a long time off that I'd probably be able to use VR, complete with smell, temperature, and the feeling of wind.

So yeah, I'd be one happy 75 year old.
>>
>>48474399
>Haven't found a real use for Telekinesis
Disarm traps, open chests while hidden away...
>>
>>48474708
Quite the opposite. Most religions view the Godhead not only as a oneness, but as benevolence, such as Paramatman.

TES, in contrast, has one of the few mentions of the Godhead describe it as uncaring.
>>
"weekend" elderscrolls discussion thread
>>
File: lore3.jpg (68KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
lore3.jpg
68KB, 1280x721px
I found this quite enjoyable.
http://www.op-cast.com/eso-rp/special-zos-lore-master-interview-with-lawrence-schick
P.S. he said mananauts at some point
>>
>>48474944
Blame OP for not letting it die.
Besides, thread's almost dead.
>>
>>48474765
>>48474399
Adding on to this, it is very useful for thieving, identifying things at a distance, reaching things that you might otherwise need to levitate to get, avoiding getting damaged/poisoned/cursed from a trapped chest, decorating the house, powerleveling, and when dual wielding, can gather 3-4 items simultaneously for looting, and lastly, for cabbage basketball.
>>
File: 1435303447914.jpg (37KB, 511x341px)
1435303447914.jpg
37KB, 511x341px
>>48474944
Cry more.
>>
File: 1443143046736.png (532KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1443143046736.png
532KB, 500x363px
>>48475039
Fuck you fag, fix your OP.
>>
File: 1398216768222.jpg (465KB, 1280x1005px)
1398216768222.jpg
465KB, 1280x1005px
>>48475073
I'm not OP, I just think your a whiner with great taste in cat pictures.
>>
What's your favourite Mage Cabbage Basketball team?
I'm cheering for the Dune Blue Daedra here in the Elsweyr league, but I also like the Southpoint Spellslammers in the Valenwood league.
I sure hope both of them qualify for the Tamriel league, but I doubt any of them is going to get to play the finals in the Battlespire.
Some of the Breton teams are looking good this season, and the Redguard teams are always good.
>>
Some interesting stuff for you nerds, it's actually not fully translated while it's obviously not gibberish. Seems like there's still mysteries after 5 years.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calcelmo%27s_Stone
>>
>>48474944
The weekend had a dragonbreak.
>>
>>48475164
Yeah, the Blue Daedra should do good against the Greenheart Tarhiels.

The Shimmerene Titans have always done well, since they have the reach, height and magicka pool, but that defense is terrible. The Northpoint Slayers have an excellent defense and a pretty good offense.
>>
>>48475164
The Dusk Dunkers win everytime though, fucking lanklet mage bananamen
>>
>>48475266
Nobody beats the Winterhold Wardens in defense
>>
>>48475289
Only when they have the homefield advantage.
>>
>>48475273
Why do the bananamen even compete in sports, when so few of them seem to enjoy it?
>>
>>48475355
Yeah, they don't even move around without breaking into wheezing. Why even play a sport where you have to reserve magicka when you have to float everywhere?
>>
File: 14691861132760.png (118KB, 390x390px)
14691861132760.png
118KB, 390x390px
>>48472142
Shit map.
>>48472211
>>48472238
>>48472267
>>48472308
Tusking nice TESO knowledge guys.

The Ebonheart Pact:
>Only old holds of Skyrim are part of the Pact, Eastern Skyrim has it's own king, Reach is controlled by Reachmen.
>Only Shadowfen is part of the Pact. Rest of the Blackmarsh isn't
>Vvardenfell and Sheogorad aren't part of the Pact, neither is house Telvanni (they use argonians as slaves). Other houses don't use argonians as slaves, they use khajiits and other races instead.
>Solstheim's status is unknown

Aldemeri Dominon:
>Whole Summerset Isle and Valenwood is part of the Pact
>Only northern Elsweyr is part of the Pact
>Khajiits and Bosmer are under Aldmeri boots

Daggerfall Covenant:
>Whole Highrock is part of the Covenant
>Only northern and eastern Hammerfell is part of the Covenant
>Wrothgar/Orcs provide troops and weapons for Covenant but Redguard or Breton soldier troops aren't allowed to stay in Wrothgar. Wrothgar might not be part of the Covenant after Orsinium DLC mainquest.
>Betony, Stros M'kai, Adamantine Tower are part of the Covenant
>Hew's Bane (peninsula) is run by merchant lords, Taneth has some authority over it.

This guy has some sense>>48472431
>>
>>48474782
>Quite the opposite. Most religions view the Godhead not only as a oneness, but as benevolence, such as Paramatman.

That's not relevant. The point is that godhead is an absolute and the sum of everything, whereas in TES he's just another guy.

>TES, in contrast, has one of the few mentions of the Godhead describe it as uncaring.

Loveletter. It's been all about love ever since the Loveletter.
>>
>>48475539
But is the loveletter in-game?

Also, I was under the impression that the godhead was everything, or at least a divine structure like in Reality and Other Falsehoods. Or do I have that wrong?
>>
>>48474765

If I'm sneaking then I can generally sneak up to the chest too. There might be niche cases where the chest is in a very well-lit area with stationary guards.

OB traps can usually be disarmed by throwing junk objects at them.

>>48475003

I was talking about Oblivion so trapped chests and levitation aren't factors there.

If I want to powerlevel Mysticism, spamming the cheapest Detect Life is how I'd do it.
>>
>>48475594
For Oblivion, it's excellent for Welkynd stones. Especially since if you use arrows, the ragdoll physics can send it anywhere.
>>
So I'm about to start running a campaign in the UESRPG system, and I have a question or two.

How many CrP should I give my players in the beginning? I was thinking about starting them around the D&D equivalent of level 2 or 3.
>>
>>48475833
I haven't actually gotten to play it yet, but I read up on it, wasn't there a table that said how much to start with based on level?
>>
>>48475926
I'll look for it. I appreciate you anon.
>>
>>48476090
>Low 1000
>Medium 2500
>High 5000
>Legendary 10000
Hmm, I must've been mistaken, it was nothing specific, but you could add a hundred or two CrP if you think your players would need it.
>>
>>48476156
Yeah, I just found it. Thank you.

They're quite new to TTRPGs so I think I'll start them at 2000 and if it doesn't work out, I might add some more and we can act like they always had those skills.
>>
>>48474399
Telekinesis is useful for decorating houses, and getting items off of high up places (like the glowing stones that sometimes will get stuck if you try to shoot them off their pedestals).

In theory, you could be able to lift up an item on the ground, like a shield, and use it to physically block arrows or spells, but it's too slow to be really useful. The only reason you would do it is if you wanted to avoid even the small amount of damage you would get from blocking normally.
>>
>>48476740
Oh my tribunal, the thread is going to end on Tuesday night and im going to have to amuse myself on /hc/ until Friday.
>>
what is the eye of magnus anyway
>>
I know ordinators are mainly members of house Indoril but could a member of house Redoran or Dres be an ordinator? It's been a long time since I last played Morrowind.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.