[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to build new Super Friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So, I've bought a couple of boxes which I got a few good pulls and I'm trying to build a new Bant colored Super Friends deck out of a few of the cards.

Here is what I have so far (pic related). Any suggestions of what I should add and subtract to the list?

Also, I have 4 Oath of Nissa to put in the deck as well. The deck isn't built to any format and is just a casual build for amongst friends. I'm thinking some ramp, another deploy, maybe a Gideon, Ajani, Nissa, and Garruk. But, I need a more consistent win condition. What are your thoughts /tg/?
>>
The Elspeth from Theros is a pretty good win condition as is the Gideon from BFZ, plus Gideon can pump all the tokens from Elspeth. Just take out the Talent of The Telepath for those walkers....why is Talent even in there?
>>
File: 65.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Modern casual?
I would drop the Talent (too situational) and the Call (Even in a planeswalker toolbox it would be too slow)
Add counters and ramp to accelerate in your planeswalkers.
If you fill it with wrath effects you should use more artifact/sorcery ramp, but mana dorks such as Bird and Hierach are always fine.
Also Thrummingbird. That card is a beast especially if you play things like Neo-Nissa that let you put counters on it.
You can try running Doubling Season to combo the ultimates. It would also benefit to run token spawning planeswalkers like Elspeth Sun Champion and again Neo-Nissa.
I'm not sold on the Oaths except for the green one. They are cuttable for more useful stuff like removal and card filtering.
>>
my idea of a deck for this is more like RWG with chandra, arlin, and gidion
>>
>>48432205
If this is supposed to be standard, Kiora rotated out long ago. I would keep it bant and drop Sarkhan and add 2 more jace.
>>
>>48432341
I like the possibility of playing someone else's spells and possibly taking away something of their's that could change the game in their favor. And I actually thought about those two walkers, how many of each would you suggest?

>>48432357
I would love to toss in 3 Seasons, but I have none and at $40 a pop, I'm not seeing that happening. Theummingbird seems like a great addition though.

>>48432477
It's not of any format. It's casual. Sarkhan is a nice one of considering I have a playset of Oath of Nissa since Sarkhan gives me mana and a 4/4 flyer. And as for Jace's, they don't help me win the game. I could possibly see running 2, but even then it might be taking up a slot for something else that's better in it's place.
>>
Anyone else got anymore suggestions? So far it's been pretty good.
>>
Get more Planeswalkers if you want to use Deploy. Here's some math.
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/magic-math-deploy-the-gatewatch/
>>
>>48433672
Neato. Thanks.
>>
File: oath of nissa.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
oath of nissa.png
131KB, 223x311px
>>48432205
You need oath of nissa, it's essential to give you a cantrip and mana fixing
>>
>>48433724
I stated that I have four to add into the deck in the OP.
>>
>>48432205

>need more consistent win condition
>besides all these planeswalkers

Why are you so retarded OP?

Anyway take it the white escalate card, the Thalia's, the talent of the telepath, and put more planeswalkers in like new nissa or new Gideon so that deploy the gatewatch works better, and also oath of nissa for sure as long as you can curve into multiple planeswalkers by turn 5 you should be golden
>>
>>48433808
Yeah, I was thinking of taking out both Oath of Jace, both Collective Efforts, 1 Telepath, adding in 2 Elspeth, Sun's and 2 Gideon, Ally, 4 Thrummingbirds, and 3 Angelic Gifts for the Permeating Mass.
>>
>>48434335

I don't think permeating mass or angelic gift go on this deck, you should have almost zero non planeswalker cards outside of oath of nissa and deploy the gatewatch, that way you get most value off deploy
>>
>>48436863
I don't think the deck could outlast without something dealing with the bigger creatures any other deck might play.
>>
>>48437119

There are planeswalkers that do everything though, ones that kill creatures, ones that make tokens

If you're going to try to make deploy the gatewatch work, I don't see why you wouldn't use all your options for planeswalkers
>>
>>48437169
A Planeswalker enters the battlefield without anything to defend it, then it's going to die. Sure I can make two 1/1 tokens. Then what? Flying kills it. More than two creatures kill it. The thing is, if you don't think about short term, then there won't be a long term. You want me to take away the defending aspect to add in 20+ Planeswalkers? And who do you recommend? Because that article on Channel Fireball is for a standard deck that won't see play period. It's not quick enough. So, how would you build the deck?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.