[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #974: Mr. Roger's Jumperhood Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 666
Thread images: 73

File: TheBasics.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
TheBasics.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48426175
>>
>>48427787
Uhhh, someone correct me if I'm wrong

Darksiders capstones make you equivalent of a raid boss, so Nazarick would need to work together to fuck you up, but 1v1 you win?

Endgame SMT demons same, but for jumps you might need to be a 1000 cp race or have a capstone boosted by dormant power? Or both. Jesus armor might equal divine tier equipment.

Nasuverse... I think some Servants would match Ainz or Nazarick NPCs one on one, and noble phantasms can go all the way up to world items for EX ones?
>>
>Last Thread
>>48421855
>>
>>48428064
Actually wouldn't Darksiders and SMT races just be Heteromorphic races on various levels, with level cap in SMT being equal to level 100, but without realm of heroes boost or equipment?

>in b4 metatron with divine tier equipment
>>
File: the10.png (267KB, 635x469px) Image search: [Google]
the10.png
267KB, 635x469px
Here's my build, been a while since I've seen one posted.
----------------------------------------------------
>>>Total War (1000) (83)
Identity
1000>Rolled 3- Medieval: Total War -000
0900>Agent -100
Skills
0900>Specialization- Assassination (Free Agent) -000
0800>Trust In Me (Discount Agent) -100
0400>Who, Me? (Discount Agent) -400
0200>Run Them Down! -200
Gear
0100>Honor Guard -100
0100>Forged Papers (1 Free Agent) -000
-250>Silver Tongue (Discount Agent) -150
-300>War Games -050
-600>Turncoat -300
-600>Sword of Constantine the Great (Event) -000
Drawback and Event
-300>WhereDoAllOfTheseAssassinsKeepComingFrom? +300
0000>I Am Skantarios +300
----------------------------------------------------
TL;DR: Crusade and stuff. Do whatever Skantarios wants to, with extreme prejudice and pleasure. Use Dark Binding on everyone. Deck out "The 10" (which they shall be named) in full (black, because muh spooky effects) Knight gear. Train them to be the best. Also, Nanobots, or something.They're still human, but with a decent healing factor. I'm keeping them (and am staying myself) relatively in this era in terms of tech. More will come later.
>>
So, /jc/, I'm trying to turn a treasure chest into a Mimic. How would I do that?
>>
>>48428148
Stick your finger into it's key hole.
>>
>>48428148
You take biocrafting abilities and make a creature from scratch that looks like an amazing chest but is really a horrific disappointment.
>>
>>48427915
Agreed with this guy, and continuing the conversation. IF anyone wishes.
I believe Rubedo is said to be stronger than Touch-Me's super build, because he and like six other Guild Members optimized and it never saw a public fight.
>>
Continuing a discussion on getting Divine Tier Equipment or Ring of Elru. I know that the gear has more buffs, I want to weigh up how much the divine gear helps out of jump magic since the ring is really good for it.
>>
>>48428148
There was a jump with a turn stuff into mimics perk but I don't remember which one.
>>
>>48428181
Divine Tier Equipment enhances all of your Class abilities in the novels. However you can forge your own and World Items are impossible to forge, the Staff withstanding.
>>
What can you really do with a mother box? I mostly see them used as interdimensional taxis but I have heard people attributing way more to them than that.
>>
Is the Kaguya bloodline from Naruto worth it, if you already have Omega Self-Molecular?
>>
>>48428215
So Divine Gear doesn't help any other magic system but I can eventually learn to enchant something similar that does?
>>
>>48428215
Can you actually just craft yourself a set of divine tier equipment if you spent hundreds of years on it in jump? (Time dilation perks ho)
>>
>>48428064
No.

Overlord trumps all of them even 1v1. Metatron would just be a high level mob to them. War from DS too. World items are superbly more powerful than even strongest noble phantasms
>>
>>48426511
What jump is this (going to be?) from?
>>
So. I'm not Cracker_Jack, but while we're talking Overlord, Brellin made some additional rulings.

CJ: So, uh, don't shoot the messenger, but some more people on /tg/ had some questions. Edit: Actually, I guess you can shoot the messenger, because i have a question of my own. Can a Warrior train up a weapon other than their chosen one to be a match for their specialization? Say I chose Damage-Focused with a sword as my specialization. Could I then train enough in unarmed combat to be able to use Dimensional Slash (or Punch, as the case may be)?

>So, to address you questions first, Warriors can train up their other weapon skills. They just have to actually train them, rather than being granted them.

>>48423613

>Fanwank. I would say that a combination of yes and no. Yes you start out knowing a lot of stuff, and no in that you don't start out knowing everything. Just as a consequence of having the ability you'll pick up information way faster than you have any right to, up to and including hidden/lost/secret information assuming you're high enough level. Basically assume you start with 'know a little about about most things' and then progress to the higher tiers the longer you've been in a jump. Assume full on 'know a lot about pretty much everything including hidden/secret/lost stuff' by year 5 in a given jump.

>edit- Assuming you're a lvl 100 Bard that is. You cap out at the lower tiers if you're lower level.

>No finding World Items that aren't officially confirmed to exist in canon. It would be way too much of a powergrab otherwise, since people would just say 'oh I totes found like 10 World items while I was in Overlord that do XYZ'. As for duplicating World Items in general that's a no-go, assume all World Items have copy-right protection just like the ones you can buy in jump. If you want them you have to go out and get the originals, and then be careful to hold on to them.
>>
>>48428390
>>48423613

(cont.)

>Depends on the class but the basic answer is that level 100's are walking natural disasters. Ainz canonically cast a spell that instantly killed 70,000 people and summoned 5 lvl 90 Dark Young of Shub Niggaroth as servitors (the lives of the ones killed were used as the fuel for the summoning), which then went on to kill a confirmed 110,000 additional people. For a total of 180,000 dead from a single spell. He can pull that sort of thing off several times a day, and so could any other lvl 100 magic caster. And now keep in mind that the only reason those monsters didn't go on to kill more people is because Ainz called them off and then dismissed them, the could easily have stuck around and continued their trampling spree.

>Imagine casting a spell like that in a major modern city at, say, a stadium during a major sporting event. Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dead instantly and now there's a 5+ 90th lvl monsters running around that are all something like 40 meters tall and effectively invulnerable to traditional weaponry, all of whom have bladed tentacle whips capable of casually turning full grown men wearing plate armor into red mist with single swipes, that can run significantly faster than a horse at full gallop, and they're all running wild in a major city tearing down buildings and trampling everyone and everything they come across.

>That's a canon Over-Rank spell right there. And now keep in mind that the different origins are balanced against each other. So, basically, yes. Lvl 100's are a big fucking deal in any setting without major league superheroes or equivalent powers to counteract them.

>edit- As an additional aside Mare, a lvl 100 druid, was able to basically create earthquakes strong enough to shake the entire capital city of the Empire on demand. Not over-rank magic either mind you, this is something he could literally just spam out all day as long as he had the mana for it.
>>
>>48428416
(cont. 2)
>>48423770
>Not as an innate ability, no.
>>
>>48428230
Mother Boxes can access the energy of the Source for various effects; they can change the gravitational constant of an area, transfer energy from one place to another, sense danger, sense life, create force fields, rearrange molecular structure of matter, absorb or project powerful shock blasts, create electro-webs, control the mental state of a host, communicate telepathically with a host or other life form, manipulate the life-force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries, open and close boom tubes, take over and control non-sentient machines, evolve non-sentient machines, merge sentient beings into a single more powerful being, sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space, and do many other things. Mother Boxes have an affinity for the Source and are believed to draw their power from it. In that sense, they can be seen as a computer that links man to God.
To the New Gods, they are common appliances (used much like a PDA or smartphone on Earth), insofar as a sentient device can be called an "appliance". Other DC characters are given access to them at specific times, when they are in need of aid. Notably, Superman was given one when he went in pursuit of Doomsday.

>>48428275
Nope.

>>48428314
You can craft a set of Divine Tier in the length of time a normal MMO's Raid Gear. Weeks if not days of concentrated effort, however that may be multiplied as you don't have access to the world the crafting system was originally for. Some perks could help in getting around that but it'll be one hell of a stopgap until you get them.

>>48428341
The strongest Noble Phantasms can summon and bind demons, beings that are literally bits of reality glitching the fuck out aka living Marble Phantasms, and 'ignore the concept of damage'. World Items are more wide in scope. One World Item was used in the original game to ban Momonga's guild from entry into an entire ninth of the game, a world among the branches of the YGGDRASIL.
>>
>>48428370
Elfen Lied.
>>
>>48427923
Once per casting, though you could use item crafting to enchant it as a continuous effect.
>>
>>48423613
>Fanwank. I would say that a combination of yes and no. Yes you start out knowing a lot of stuff, and no in that you don't start out knowing everything. Just as a consequence of having the ability you'll pick up information way faster than you have any right to, up to and including hidden/lost/secret information assuming you're high enough level. Basically assume you start with 'know a little about about most things' and then progress to the higher tiers the longer you've been in a jump. Assume full on 'know a lot about pretty much everything including hidden/secret/lost stuff' by year 5 in a given jump.

>No finding World Items that aren't officially confirmed to exist in canon. It would be way too much of a powergrab otherwise, since people would just say 'oh I totes found like 10 World items while I was in Overlord that do XYZ'. As for duplicating World Items in general that's a no-go, assume all World Items have copy-right protection just like the ones you can buy in jump. If you want them you have to go out and get the originals, and then be careful to hold on to them.

>Depends on the class but the basic answer is that level 100's are walking natural disasters. Ainz canonically cast a spell that instantly killed 70,000 people and summoned 5 lvl 90 Dark Young of Shub Niggaroth as servitors (the lives of the ones killed were used as the fuel for the summoning), which then went on to kill a confirmed 110,000 additional people. For a total of 180,000 dead from a single spell. He can pull that sort of thing off several times a day, and so could any other lvl 100 magic caster. And now keep in mind that the only reason those monsters didn't go on to kill more people is because Ainz called them off and then dismissed them, the could easily have stuck around and continued their trampling spree.

(Cont.)
>>
Overlord jump was a mistake.
>>
>>48428148
Dark Cloud, has a pair of lockpicks available for CP that let you do just that.
>>
>>48428510
>Imagine casting a spell like that in a major modern city at, say, a stadium during a major sporting event. Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dead instantly and now there's a 5+ 90th lvl monsters running around that are all something like 40 meters tall and effectively invulnerable to traditional weaponry, all of whom have bladed tentacle whips capable of casually turning full grown men wearing plate armor into red mist with single swipes, that can run significantly faster than a horse at full gallop, and they're all running wild in a major city tearing down buildings and trampling everyone and everything they come across.

>That's a canon Over-Rank spell right there. So, basically, yes. Lvl 100's are a big fucking deal in any setting without major league superheroes or equivalent powers to counteract them.

>>48423770
>Not as an innate ability, no.
>>
Can you guys help me decide on a Dresden build?

Wizard - 200

Magic 101 - 0
The Sight - 0
Wizard Tricks - 0
Clued In - 0
Power To Burn - 150
Refined Spellcasting - 150
Soul Source - 300
Empty Knight - 800

Big Apocalyptic Trilogy + 600

OR

Big Trouble - 400

Soul Source - 600 (Or I could drop this and take either both of the Wizard casting perks, or one of them and Job Offer or something)
Creature Features - 0
Glamorous - 0
Seelie Magic - 150
Multiple Choice - 300

Big Apocalyptic Trilogy + 600

(I know the CP doesn't add up. I'd balance it with items or whatever.
>>
>>48428511
Eh. It's the Flavor Of The Month.

FotM Jumps means FotM Builds means FotM Chains, it's like everybody following Ghostcrawler's lead on jumping on the Mage train.
>>
>>48428511
Most jumps are like this when an update rolls around.
>>
>>48428511
Eh, I like having D&D magic without material components.

Material components just take the... well, "magic" out of it for me.
>>
>>48428563

Depends. What's your Jumper like? Harry could use a partner in Chicago, what with all the incredible crap he gets into, but I wouldn't want to try it without luck perks (or in a pinch, Serendipity if you've got enough points).
>>
>>48428642
Any particular reason he couldn't help Harry as a Changeling?
>>
>>48428634
Ignore Material Components feat? Or use Conjoined Conjures from Card Captor to mix D&D with FFTA or similar to use mana instead.
>>
>>48428634
Which reminds me, we never came up with a way to bypass material components other than D&D feats. Anybody got any ideas?
>>
>>48428655
Probably because having the Leanansidhe's crotch goblin following him around will just bring more trouble to his doorstep?
>>
>>48428655
Oh, he certainly could, but a friendly Wizard could also help him with the Council in ways a Changeling couldn't.
>>
What are the strongest plain durability perks in /jc/?
>>
>>48428955
Plain as in nothing else comes with it? I dunno.

But both maxed FISS from PS238 and Omega Inorganic Form from X-Men Movies let you shrug off small nukes.
>>
So if i want wlking tanks in GuP, where besides star wars should i look?
>>
>>48429046
I assume you mean walking. Try Ring of Red.
>>
Where can I go to become a ghost? And I mean ghost, not spirit/energy being/what have you -- a bona-fide, motherfuckin' ghost.
>>
>>48429230
If you can stomach it, Ghostbusters.
>>
>>48429230
Danny Phantom, Killer Instinct, Imawabi no Dakini(?), Bleach... I'm sure there are others.
>>
>>48428341
1000 cp races can moves at mach 50 and are city-country busters with abilities that completely bypass supernatural defenses and durability. Metatron certainly isn't a 'high-level mob'.
>>
>>48429230
Danny Phantom has a half-ghost option.
>>
File: doom_cover.jpg (90KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
doom_cover.jpg
90KB, 854x480px
Another Build!
---------------------------------------------------
>>DOOM 2016 (1000) (84)
Identity (32 y/o)
1000>Rolled 1- Mars: Res Ops -000
1000>Drop-In -000
Skills
1000>Combat Training (Free Drop-In) -000
1000>Pathfinder (Free Drop-In) -000
0700>Praetorian (Discount Drop-In) -300
0500>Fortune and Glory (Discount Drop In) -200
0200>Prophecy of the Seraphim -300
0100>Hellfire -100
-100>Managment -200
Gear
-100>Crate of Guns+ Pistol (Free Drop-In) -000
-200>Super Shotgun (Discount Drop-In) -100
-300>Testament -100
Drawbacks
-200>DOOT +100
0000>Too Late +200
---------------------------------------------------
Objective: Fucking nothing. Have fun killing Demons. Maybe share a beer with Doomguy, if he's into it. Take a break from the chain, and drawbacks, etc etc to simply have a little fun. Oh, and CheatMode the Praetor Suits and some guns for "The 10"
>>
Hi. Just tweaking Red Dead Redemption to fix it up. Just wondering if the Dead Eye Targeting perk is ok free, some people think it should cost? Also got a wip for Undead Nightmare and just looking for a 600cp perk for survivor and any criticism. When I complete Undead Nightmare I'll post both of the finished jumps at the same time.
>>
>>48429230
This reminds me: We need a Wraith: the Oblivion jump.
>>
>>48429260
Both your and Doomguy's Praetor Suits are locked to you/him and cannot be used by others, the copies would be useless.
>>
>>48429250
>1000 cp races can moves at mach 50 and are city-country busters
Seriously? How physically strong are they?
>>
>>48429274
Basic Shooting Skills is fine as a freebie, Dead Eye Targeting should cost points.
>>
>>48429046
Ghost In The Shell. Tachikomas a best tank.
>>
>>48429282
How many WoD scenarios are there?
>>
>>48429274
>600cp perk for survivor
Maybe something that would provide a resistance to direct body alteration?
>>
>>48429340
>scenarios
Do you mean splats?
>>
>>48429382
Yes.
>>
>>48429398
Old: vampire, werewolf, mage, wraith, changeling, kuei-jin, hunter, demon, mummy
New: vampire, werewolf, mage, promethian, changeling, hunter, geist, mummy, demon, beast
>>
>>48429398
Classic/Old World of Darkness
>Vampire: The Masquerade
>Werewolf: The Apocalypse
>Mage: The Ascension
>Wraith: The Oblivion
>Changeling: The Dreaming
>Hunter: The Reckoning
>Demon: The Fallen
>Mummy: The Resurrection
>Kindred of the East
>Orpheus

Classic also has "Anniversary Editions" and some "Dark Ages" versions of other splats.
>Dark Ages: Vampire
>Dark Ages: Werewolf
>Dark Ages: Mage
>Dark Ages: Fae
>Dark Ages: Inquisitor

New/Chronicles of Darkness
>Vampire: The Requiem
>Werewolf: The Forsaken
>Mage: The Awakening
>Promethean: The Created
>Changeling: The Lost
>Hunter: The Vigil
>Geist: The Sin-Eaters
>Mummy: The Curse
>Demon: The Descent
>Beast: The Primordial

Classic also has "Anniversary Editions" and some "Dark Ages" versions of other splats.
>>
>>48429436
>>48429463
What about fan made ones like genius?
>>
>>48429477
I personally feel that most don't fit the style or tone or the rest of the games, but hen again that's true for quite a few of the canon ones mainly from the CWoD.

Demon: The Redemption
Djinn The Binding
Dragon: The Embers
Genius: The Transgression
Goddess Reborn Chronicle
Hunchback: The Lurching
Janus: The Persona
Leviathan: The Tempest
Pathogen: The Infected
Princess: The Hopeful
Outsider: The Calling
Wraith: The Arising
Psychic The Gifted
>>
http://pastebin.com/19GP5EAD

Should be done before tomorrow is over. Need sleep. Anything in here so far is subject to change.
>>
Are there any good perks for getting rid of any distaste for killing that a jumper might have from coming from a civilized society?
>>
>>48429529
"Tolerance of Evil" from Overlord is exactly this. And there's another from Killing Bites -- not quite sure what it's called, though.
>>
>>48429507
>>48429463
>>48429436
Wow, more than I thought there was. I'm still hoping for Genius: The Transgression and Werewolf: The Apocalypse jumps, if only because the settings sound interesting.

>>48429529
Commoragh has a perk for this.
>>
>>48429529
... Uh, curious, why? Having that is actually healthy, anon. Much safer to get a perk that leaves the distaste intact while preventing any psych problems afterwards.
>>
>>48429576
Because it is a liability for surviving a lot of settings.
>>
>>48429555
Of all of them, these are the ones I find most interesting/would be most willing to create a jump out of:

>Wraith: The Oblivion
>Hunter: The Reckoning

>Dark Ages: Fae
>Dark Ages: Inquisitor

>Promethean: The Created
>Hunter: The Vigil
>>
>>48429463
>>48429596

Huh. It's weird how little /tg/ jumps we have, considering... well, you know.
>>
>>48429586
What settings? And what I'd instead suggest is perks that let you keep the distaste but not have it interfere with survival. Perks that allow you to identify foes/monsters, perks that ensure mental stability, perks that provide professional military training, etc.
>>
>>48429529

there is this from Generic Western Jump

Heart Cold As Steel: 200 CP, Discount Bandito You don’t feel that whole “remorse” thing anymore (well, unless you want to). You're very good at inflicting pain on others, and ignoring the mental scarring this can cause you. From knowing the best ways to torture someone (and having the willpower to go through with it) to knowing which member of a posse is the weak link you should shoot first, you are horrifically capable of, well, horrifying people.
>>
>>48429274
I feel like the multiplayer version without slow time should be free at least.
>>
File: blank9.jpg (48KB, 383x420px) Image search: [Google]
blank9.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
>>48429620
I know, right?

>>48428064
>Darksiders

It's hard to tell, to be honest. For all the hype in the lore the gameplay's mostly God of War-style shooty/smashy stuff. I...think that's roughly accurate though; their main advantage would be magic hax. DEFINITELY for Riders, who're probably at lesat equal to Rubedo; War spent most of the game being nerfed by a seal and still killed the hell out of loads of people on his way to fighting a fallen archangel, while Death slew the mutated former leader of the Nephilim race in his final battle in the second game.

Yes, I'd think the same would go for 1000CPers and Dormant Power-boosting; have you looked at some of the 600 CP races? Even some of those could give a party of average Nazarick NPCs serious trouble. Jesus Armor + Chosen of Raphael + Herald in particular's probably going to bring up some nasty raid memories from their YGGDRASIL days.

Nasuverse is the inverse in my opinion; more versatile hax and the innate intangibility is a nice trick, but you wanna use things like HSDW smartly (claim territory, empower something else to come at them from an indirect angle etc) rather than get into a magic shootout like Ainz and Shalltear's fight. Since Excalibur is A++, I'd say that and anything above would be enough to trump World Items given its' matter-erasing blast. High level Magic Resistance-A+++-to be safe and Independant Action would be an amazing boon in this specific scenario. But in general, you'd want/want to emulate a Servant in the same ballpark of Karna, Achilles, Siegfried or Arturia with Avalon as close as possible with the supplement if you want to have a chance at fighting more than one NPC.
>>
>>48429274
Make it 300-400cp. Things got great power and utility.
>>
>>48429660
Nah, I's say ones like the Breaking Bad one where you can toggle it, so you can go to Counter Strike without getting fucked up immediately then go to Nichijou without accidentally establishing the Trenchcoat Mafia.
>>
What's the absolute biggest, baddest, scariest thing in the New World of Darkness other than Inferno and the Abyss? Exarchs, Principle, True Fae or God-Machine?
>>
What would be a good word/phrase to describe someone with followers that are loyal but don't really respect them? Like a princess with devoted protectors who don't truly respect her because she is a girl.
>>
File: blank4.jpg (10KB, 279x212px) Image search: [Google]
blank4.jpg
10KB, 279x212px
>>48429528
Almost missed this. Goodness, here comes the nostalgia of being an edgy 14 year old.

Nothing wrong with Hollow Heart but-I can't help but wonder if it's supposed to be a chicken-and-egg kind of thing given that part at the end; is it supposed to mean it doesn't make people stay with you after they recover, but it tends to draw in the kind of people who'd want to anyway-or their possesiveness will end if they heal?

Does Destroyer of Worlds cover the knowledge to create massive biological computers out of human beings, like Anna Kakuzawa?

Maybe MOVE! and Badass should have their prices swapped? That sort of combat precog seems pretty ace; not getting hit at all is better than any kind of defence after all.
>>
File: Blank11.png (227KB, 595x496px) Image search: [Google]
Blank11.png
227KB, 595x496px
>>48430340
Professionals.

Wageslaves.

Flunkies.

Minions.

Caretakers.

Really depends on the exact nature of their working relationship, I'd think.
>>
>>48430340
I'd describe her as a princess with a bunch of misogynists.

To be more serious, maybe the correct word in that instance would be "retainers"?
>>
That was weird. I just opened up the drive, and instead of the usual page and all that, it sent me to an actual google drive version, and I can't access Quicksilver's jumps, nor anyone elses'. I can only get to the ones still in the new jump folder. Anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>48430425
Nope, works fine for me.
>>
>>48430397
Well I used a princess as an example but what I am looking for is a gender neutral term for someone with loyal followers who don't really respect the object of their loyalty as a leader.

Someone whose followers are loyal out of duty or affection rather than actual respect and think they what's best for their "leader" better than said "leader" does.
>>
>>48430425
It's working fine for me.
>>
>>48430373
>>48430397
Looking to describe the leader of such followers not the followers themselves.
>>
>>48430435
>>48430443
So I just checked it again, and now it seems the link at the top is not only in Google Drive form, but it's also connected to the Banned and Lewd jumps.
Seriously, no one else is seeing this? The hell's going on here?
>>
>>48430469
Someone linked to SB's drive. Probably a troll.
>>
>>48430304
Are Antediluvians a still a thing in NWoD? If so I nominate them.
>>
File: blank15.jpg (12KB, 292x165px) Image search: [Google]
blank15.jpg
12KB, 292x165px
>>48430462
Oh, right.

Out of their depth, and figurehead.

>>48430503
Antediluvians? Really? I thought those things could be nuked to death, meaning they aren't even the baddest things in oWOD. Also no, as far as I can tell they're not present at all in nWOD. There's just these inexplicable, amnesiac asshole owl spirits whose MO means they probably hail from Inferno and forgot.
>>
>>48430469
I'm seeing the normal drive via the OP link, so I dunno. May be something on your end?

>>48430462
Dictator? Overlord? Despot? Supervisor? Handler? Figurehead? Master?
>>
So I have a dumb question but I just want to clarify something. When your jump ends you take whatever is on your person with you in to the next jump correct?
>>
>>48430533
>>48430556
Thanks but still not really what I am looking for see >>48430440, probably going to have to get. . . "creative".
>>
>>48430564
Whatever is on your person and in your warehouse, usually.
>>
>>48430533
Didn't just one Antediluvian require three ancient Chinese vampire martial arts masters and an orbital solar array turning into a laser to kill it?
>>
>>48430564
I do, but there's no official rule either way. Fanwank something.
>>
>>48430564
Everything you're wearing/carrying goes with you unless it's sapient, whether into the next jump or if you fanwank there's an interim period into the warehouse.
>>
>>48430564
Does not compute, proceed with fanwanking.
>>
File: Negitive Utilitarinism.jpg (187KB, 808x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Negitive Utilitarinism.jpg
187KB, 808x1141px
>>48429529
>Are there any good perks for getting rid of any distaste for killing that a jumper might have from coming from a civilized society?

Who needs a perk?
>>
>>48430631
Most jumpers started out as an average 4chan user. . . there really is no reason for such perks to exist!
>>
>>48430581
>>48430590
>>48430594
>>48430609
*clears throat trying to hold in an evil laugh* ... err I mean thank you all for your response and humoring my stupid question.
>>
File: 1468940589322.jpg (77KB, 540x743px) Image search: [Google]
1468940589322.jpg
77KB, 540x743px
Rtype
Researcher
R-Type free
K-type 900
Bydo lab chief 700
Renaissance Man 400

Items
Launch bay free
R-9JC Custom free
UFBS-010 Heimdall -600

Drawbacks
Power up! -400
Bydo Bait -200
Auto scrolling -100
The genetic structure of the strange life forms known as “Bydo” remains a mystery 0

Plan is to attach the tech for graviton beam emitters onto a bunch of ships for maximum overkill. Put as much samples of bydo dna in cold storage as possible for later use. Honestly Im not super sure what RType tech can do and its like 4 AM here. Not firing on all cylinders.
>>
File: blank10.png (254KB, 610x520px) Image search: [Google]
blank10.png
254KB, 610x520px
Speaking of nWOD, if you're out there Elonanon what say you about Changeling 2e? Might that be a +0 CP drawback, or maybe even something you have to actually pay points for? Because in 2e, the True Fae are apparently both a lot more distant and a lot easier to flip the bird to, and haven't even been introduced directly so far.

Because off the top of my head, the biggest change is the Bulwark ritual Changelings can do to turn a Freehold into a mystic deathtrap of arbitrary rules called Approaches the Fae have to follow or get fucked up basically.

So instead they either send loyalist Stockholm Syndrome'd Changelings, or create something called a Huntsman-they infuse a bit of their essence into some of Arcadia's dreamstuff, and contract with an Arcadian hunting spirit to bring them back the Changeling so the thing can go back to being a formless spirit instead of a sentient being. They hate being physical so much the first thing they do on Earth is kill some dude, which gives them basic knowledge of the physical realm. And they look mostly humanoid for some reason, and while Approaches can't bind them they're incentivised to do so because they provide them with Yearnings: Mystic emotion energy that stops them from literally following apart.

They're anti-Changelings, basically.

>>48430588
That's the one I was thinking of, yes. The reason i don't consider them to be the biggest baddest thing in nWOD is because of the sheer scope of the Weaver and the Wyrm (they're two of the most powerful spirits in the setting), the implications of Mage's collective unconsciousness-influenced cosmology and the technical existence of Lucifer.

>>48430564
I agree with everyone who just replied.
>>
>>48430666
Do note that depending on the wording of your chosen origin / starting location in the next jump or the fanwanked nature of your personal Benefactor, the stuff could be dumped into your warehouse / arrive in a position other than being held by you. But if you're planning to make an amusing exit like picking up the Mona Lisa, the Crown Jewels or the Hope Diamond two seconds before a jump expires and waving at the police before vanishing into thin air (from their perspective), the rules oblige.
>>
Alright well now I have another question... When people roll to see if they survive a jump or not, what odds to do you give yourself? How do you determine what's a success and what's a horrible death? Do you take in to account plans, resources and opposition? Do you just look at the result and decide, well that's real low and I was in a dangerous place so time to start a new jump or how do you do it?
>>
>>48430721
>When people roll to see if they survive a jump or not
that's stupid.
>>
>>48430687
Eh, whatever you say man. I really don't know much about oWOD, and heard about that while surfing the web.
>>
>>48430721
Basically as you describe but I don't roll for death, I roll for how much Im gonna hurt in jump. Jumpchan likes to see me suffer.
>>
>>48430742
I think if you get a 10 on a 10d100 you should call it game
>>
>>48430340
If you have no respect for her you can call her all kinds of words.

>>48424724
I am bad at keeping up with the thread. Sorry.
Did you have any questions I can help with or just miss me?
>>
>>48430702
Eh I am just planning to take the Naruto jump with both the A real ninja and MC-chan drawbacks. Since I take stuff with me I am not completely bereft of my equipment. It's important when you load up on drawbacks to take in to account what you do still have access to.
>>
>>48430821
Drawbacks that remove Warehouse access generally do not let you sneak around it by keeping stuff on your body. Your abusing the wording of the drawback to get around the spirit of it.
>>
>>48430771
Snd I think if you dont need to eat, sleep, breath, or even move to survive because you are some quasi energy being that you should be just fine no matter how low you roll in most settings. You do you and I'll do me.
>>
File: blank16.png (313KB, 536x534px) Image search: [Google]
blank16.png
313KB, 536x534px
>>48430721
...to be honest I never figured out how rolling was supposed to work, especially when some people started to roll on the lower=better principle. Way back I experimented with a bunch of ways, with the vague idea of "bigger numbers=better outcome" and anything above 50 was a success, anything below 50 a failure and anything exactly 50 was a very awkward moment.

After a while though I just couldn't keep up with all the potential modifiers that might lower/increase the threshold of such a roll. I just kind of gave up on rolling even before I attained near-absolute control over probability and just stuck to writing something fitting.
>>
File: 1469208873189.jpg (85KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469208873189.jpg
85KB, 500x600px
>>48430846
>You do you and I'll do me.
>Crit Failing a roll with 10^19 - 1 other possible results
>>
>>48430836
>Drawbacks that remove Warehouse access generally do not let you sneak around it by keeping stuff on your body.
No one has ever tried or even asked about it. So you can't say they generally don't. If everyone just assumes something that doesn't make it a rule.
Ok, I am officially asking now, if NinjaAnon is around or next time I see him on I will ask; is this alright, you did not specify this. I mean even sneaking a few items in is still putting me at a rather huge disadvantage, especially combined with the rest of the drawback. You can't really blame me for looking for a little wiggle room.
>>
>>48430920
Plenty of people have actually, it's almost always been a no. This is something basic logic should tell you. What's the point of a drawback that seals your warehouse and powers if it lets you take along some uber powerful power armour or artefact imbued with copies of your powers?
>>
>>48430847
understandable. Usually I would rather write something than roll. However I am trying to see if something is even possible, part of the challenge is that I might fail so I kind of need the chance of failing. Though gauging how much of a disadvantage I am at and how much my prep work has countered all that is going to be... a real pain.
>>
>>48430836
>>48430920
>>48430944

Uh, actually, that doesn't prevent him from taking whatever he was carrying at the time. Drawbacks end when the jump does; whether his chain has him appearing in his warehouse or immediately in the next jump, either way that's after the Naruto jump so the drawback doesn't apply.
>>
>>48430966
He's talking about using it to keep things coming INTO Naruto, not leaving it.
>>
>>48430944
Damn, now I am feeling kind of unoriginal I thought I was the first to find the loophole. Well not everyone has those items... I certainly don't though certainly something to keep in mind. Anyways Items have the inherent problems; They can get stolen and taken away and used against you or broken. They aren't quite as good as having the powers yourself and usually those types of things are not point protected or if they are they appear in your warehouse.
>>
>>48430972
Oh.
>reads An Actual Ninja and MC-CHAN drawbacks
Okay, "rules as written", it says nothing about items carried into the jump.
>reads Background descriptions
But these do. They all state what you start with in the jump. Sorry Ravenloft, looks like no dice.
>>
>>48430995
>They can get stolen and taken away and used against you or broken.
Or they could be cybernetics, implanted magical items, the bag from Wakfu that gives you a house-sized space or any Bag of Holding type thing from D&D, Harry Potter, or any other setting with that kind of magic just full up of loot from hundreds of high powered settings... You see the problem.
>>
>>48430995
So what's the point of having the warehouse sealed then? Why even mention it? After all, if your abusing the wording to this extent you might as well claim you get anything automatically placed in the setting like the Light of Terra or the Girls und panzer schoolship.

Doesn't matter if everyone has those items, the same loophole you say exists would let you bring in a dozen rings imbued with your favourite powers to bypass the power seal part of the drawback. You can get around those limits by giving anti theft perks or enchantments to the items you have.

Most importantly, this bullshit you're trying to pull goes against the spirit of the A Real Ninja drawback. How are you being a real ninja if you can bring in A shrunken down Gundam or something? Or if you have ten super powered magic rings?
>>
>>48431018
>How are you being a real ninja if you can bring in A shrunken down Gundam or something?
To be fair, sneaking in concealed items is very much a real ninja thing. Completely defeats the point of the drawback, though.
>>
>>48431031
>>
>>48431013
>>48431015
>>48431018
>>48431031

Ah well... I relent this time, you can't blame me for trying. You have to admit it was a nice try.
>>
>>48431064
No, it wasn't. You tried abusing a loophole that basic common sense and multiple past incidents should've told you didn't exist.
>>
>>48431064
>You have to admit it was a nice try.
Well, it was better than most of Bancho's attempts, but that's about all that can be said for it.
>>
>>48431105
Now hold on, I never claimed to have common sense and never saw those past incidents so you can't hold them against me.
>>
In Age of Empires 3 what would be some good ways to help the native americans defend against the European nations and help my own colony expand?
>>
>>48431518
There's no way, savages are inherently inferior to the white man.
>>
File: l'etrange docteur.jpg (2MB, 2392x1653px) Image search: [Google]
l'etrange docteur.jpg
2MB, 2392x1653px
Anyone else here is excited for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM
>>
File: For the Tsar.png (372KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
For the Tsar.png
372KB, 600x600px
>>48431530
>Not helping a inferior power to help create relations between the new nation from the natives and the Tsar.
>>
File: Demolition-Man.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Demolition-Man.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
Demolition Man

27 years old
Assistant
The Three Seashells
I'm a Seamstress? 50
I'm Good at Subtle
I'm No Leader 350
City Government to Run 500
Can Play the Accordion Too?! 1100
My Society 1400
I'm An Oscar-Meyer Wiener 1300
Cryo Prison 1000

I love the guy that makes these jumps. Always fun stuff.

Chose Assistant as it had the best 300 CP and 600 CP perk combination, I felt the Rebel capstone wasn't great and the 300 CP Cryo-Prisoner perk is only really useful for as long as you're using modern/historical mundane weapons which isn't really all that common to jumpers when they're not just screwing around.

I'm a Seamstress? is pretty funny as a 50 CP perk. On the plus side I imagine I'd have never learnt to sew properly otherwise. 50 CP perks that are just proficiencies at weird things are a good idea.

I'm Good at Subtle is another blend in perk for the pile.

I'm No Leader makes you good enough that you can help a tribe thrive in a stupidly hostile and unpleasant environment. Notably it's written as a skill as well which is interesting. I'm thinking of sticking this somewhere close to LoT so I remember how to do this sort of thing as that's pretty much exactly what Part I is.

City Government to Run is sort of Part II of LoT. One man running a city-state is totally insane and this lets you do it.

Can Play the Accordion Too?! lets you use any technology you come across which is always handy.

My Society lets you know how to run your perfect society.which is good as even with City Government to Run I really don't know what I'm doing.

I'm An Oscar-Meyer Wiener is fine as I can try to reintroduce rock and roll to the masses. Also god damn it's 2032, who listens to the radio anymore?

Cryo Prison is one that I'm relying on perks to make less bad. Taking several to mean on average 7 moments of clarity a week I'm dealing with being conscious around 13104 times. Got It's Always Sunny from Sitcoms pretty early so I'll just sing songs in my head or something.
>>
>>48431577
Whelp, I am now.
>>
>>48431577
Almost makes me wish I went for magic in Marvel, instead of DC.
>>
>>48428667
You could always just write you own versions of spells that don't have a material component. Substitute a focus for them for them instead.
>>
File: somaticomponents.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
somaticomponents.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>48428667
See: >>48431622

You could easily research versions of those same spells that use verbal and somatic components instead of material.
>>
>>48431608
Getting on Dr. Strange level (even movie levels) is going to be really hard.

Was there even a magic perk on the MCU or Marvel Jump?
>>
>>48431701
There is going to be if there isn't Red will update it since MCU is their jump.
>>
>>48431714
*isn't. Red
Fuck me for forgetting a period.
>>
>>48431701
>Was there even a magic perk on the MCU or Marvel Jump?
No, there isn't.
>>
>>48431714
Shouldn't the magic perk be saved for a part 2 of the MCU jump? Already got a lot of stuff on it and the movies have plenty of stuff coming up.
>>
Speaking of superhero jumps.. Which DCAU jumps were being made? Am I correct in thinking it was Batman the animated series Superman the animated series and a JL Animated Jump?
>>
>>48431749
That seems to be the idea.
>>
>>48430087
Ah, would Jesus armor immunities or NP immunities work on world items?
>>
>>48431781
Depends on whether the jumpmakers of those jumps consider them immunities or say they're just resistances like Brellin said World Item stuff is.
>>
>>48431781
World Items aren't absolute, just 'really' powerful. I would still go with SMT monsters or really powerful Noble Phantasms any day.
>>
In order to bring companions who are simultaneously items (like Anubis, or the Lor Starcutter) in their item form, and not as a proper character, do you still have to pay to import them?
>>
>>48431714
>Red
ew
>>
This has probably came up before but why does Black Bullet have no drop in discounts or drawbacks? It's annoying me as I can't take all the stuff I want to take.
>>
What happens if I take the Drawback from half-life that throws the G-man into the mix of things, and then kill the G-man with "Q this"?
>>
>>48431868
Very early jump. You can still get your entire perk line and one or two things from the other perk line, not sure how much more you could ask for.
>>
>>48431881
I was wanting to take both capstones in the Initiator line and Cybernetic Upgrade - Eisenhardt, makes it 1200cp so it kinda fucks me.
>>
>>48431868
It's an old jump, so it's going to be jenky.
>>
>>48431871
then you'll have to watch out for his brother C-Man
>>
>>48431901
The one to worry about is D-Man, he'll fuck you every chance he gets.
>>
>>48431868
The jumpmaker's logic largely was that there could be no drawback worse than being there, and that being a drop in is a huge benefit.
>>
>>48431909
Nah E-man is who you should be worried about friend.
>>
>>48431894
CYOA man. Gotta make some choices.
>>
>>48428241
I mean, it gives you access to their jutsu that you wouldn't get otherwise? If you can already manipulate and grow bones into whatever you want, only the ninja techniques should appeal.

One thing worth noting is that Kaguya herself uses the technique to do something call 'all-killing ash bones', which means she can cause her bones to dissolve any and everything they stab. Maybe you could replicate it.
>>
Is there any way to power up Q this so that reality warping entities cannot warp anything within 5 feet of me?
>>
>>48431930
I think D&D has some stuff that lets you use touch attacks at range
>>
>>48431930
Become a reality warper, or get a perk that enforces the laws of physics when you're near. I think Observer might do that, Johnny Test also has one iirc.
>>
>>48431868
It's just the way the jump is. It's a fairly old-ish jump (2014) so there's not really any helping it.

>>48431871
We don't really know, as his full role and power is not really explained. At some points in HL2 he seems to help the Rebels, and in HL1 he seems to be on "humanity's" side. So killing him might have Unforeseen Consequences for humanity's future, especially as he seems to be actively helping humanity but is also somehow responsible for the whole mess in the first place.
>>
>>48428678
Leanansidhe already technically owned his ass before she sold him to Mab though.
>>
>>48431930
Get the Legacy Of Use perk from Smite, obtain mastery of self (whatever that means), start fighting reality warpers and it will upgrade itself.
>>
>>48429046
Metal Gear.
>>
>>48431930
Use portals so you can touch anything anywhere
>>
>>48429463
>>48429436
Reminder that Werewolf the Apoc is being worked.

Also you forgot Dark Ages Vampire, which is also taken.
>>
>>48431871
Unless you're willing and able to do his job, humanity goes extinct, as G-Man's interventions prevented that from happening.
>>
>>48431930
I think a better bet would be to start with Agitation Field from SCP rather than Q this. Though as it requires you be a Keter class in SCP it's not nearly as attainable.
>>
File: 1422076489997.png (18KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1422076489997.png
18KB, 800x800px
>>48431842
someone pls respond
>>
>>48431977
>as G-Man's interventions prevented that from happening.

I thought that that was basically Freeman's doing in HL2, and he caused the threat in HL1.
>>
>>48431981
You don't need to import them, they can still join you in a world so long as you don't have more than 8 active at once. Import is just to give them memories, backgrounds or cp. As far as I'm aware that it.
>>
>>48431981
I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. You seem to assume that you have to import companions to have them with you, as where you only have to import them to give them a history in that jump and often points to spend or other benefits.
>>
>>48431842
>>48431981
You don't have to import companions just to take them into the jump with you, only to give them a background/CP of their own.

But unless noted (I think Young Justice has something like that), item companions still take up one of your 8 companion slots.
>>
>>48431990
>>48431994
>>48431998
I genuinely never knew that. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>48431986
G-Man sets things up that help Freeman during HL1 and HL2. If you pick through the game/lore, it implies that G-Man didn't so much cause the invasion as he caused it to happen Not As Planned for the Combine.

Note that this doesn't necessarily mean that the G-Man is a friend, just that he or his employers have their own plans.
>>
File: thumbs up from batman.gif (351KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up from batman.gif
351KB, 500x420px
>>48431952
>dat spoiler inception
>>
File: Cipher.png (128KB, 265x402px) Image search: [Google]
Cipher.png
128KB, 265x402px
>>48431930
Combine it with the other perks that fuck with realty warping: Agitation Field (SCP), Jam (RWBY) and Moloch's Razor (Girl Genius). There was another one in Infinicon but I didn't bought it, so I don't remember the name.
>>48431978
Also keep in mind that it doesn't distinguish between your stuff or companions and the things that you target.

Anything in the area is going to be bound to 'normal' world physics and if it is technology based, it is going to be broken.

And the area is large enough it affects an entire Foundation building, so it's probably pretty large. You might want to get Toggle from YJ to fix that.

>>48431871
You probably want to make sure that the portal storms don't happen. Keep in mind that both Aperture and Black Mesa were working on the same technology, so that might be complicated.
>>
Is anyone working on The Fifth Element? Because if not I'm going to be tossing one together in this next week.
>>
>>48432098
Not as far as I know.
>>
>>48432089
Preventing the portal storms will be problematic, since you arrive after the situation is already FUBAR and the Combine have noticed the dimensional distortion. Not a job for an early-game jumper.
>>
>>48432098
I don't know of anyone working on it, though I have to request a perk for being able to design dna in a way that is flatly absurd.
>>
File: How not to design with dna.jpg (18KB, 479x249px) Image search: [Google]
How not to design with dna.jpg
18KB, 479x249px
>>48432119
Damn it I thought I attached this.
>>
>>48432130
There is nothing wrong with DNA that looks like Chinese finger cuffs.
>>
>>48432104
>>48432119
Sweet. Thanks guys.

I hadn't planned on a DNA perk like that. It didn't strike me as actually useful in any way. But I'll consider it. Possibly as an unsiscounted perk.

Anyone else have requests while we're on the topic?
>>
>>48432152
Sweet ass opera singing perk is a must.
>>
File: SburbAnon.png (36KB, 309x103px) Image search: [Google]
SburbAnon.png
36KB, 309x103px
>>48426418
>What would a God Tier Knight of Hope or Heart be able to do?
CleanupAnon here, bit late, but just in case you still want an answer to your question... All suggestions, as always.

Knights are a class that exploits their class and uses it as a weapon.
Light's the aspect of Luck, Knowledge, and Fortuitous Outcomes. Also a bit of spotlight drawing/being seen as important there.

So, a Knight of Light would then translate to someone who actively uses everything he knows to his advantage, exploits his luck in ridiculous ways (never tell me the odds on a '1 in a million shot', anyone?), and would excell in distracting and drawing enemies to themselves to protect others.

They'd be able to leverage their knowledge, luck, and probably reputation to get things done.

Maybe extra proficiency with laser-based weaponry, in a literal sense?

Heart's the aspect of Identity, Souls, and Emotions (primarily positive ones).

So, a Knight of Heart would use their own emotions and impulses to get some kind advantage. Power of determination/love/friendship power-ups and all.

They'd be experts in exploiting other people's feelings and personalities, getting people to /want/ to help or do what the Knights wants them to do.

/Might/ go literal and form a weapon of their own soul at high levels?
>>
File: Zorg.gif (635KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
Zorg.gif
635KB, 600x255px
>>48432152
Give me a crate of ZF-1's and a perk that means someone will be on hand to pat me on the back if I choke on a cherry pit, and I'll be happy.
>>
>>48432150
Dude that dna is an octuple helix, and literally everything stated about her dna in the movie is retarded.
>>
>>48431976
Is it going to have a werefox option? I've got a couple different kinds of Kitsune going on and I'd like to keep my stride.
>>
>>48432198
See if it's in changnig breeds.
>>
>>48432195
French space science laughs in the face of your silly laws.
>>
>>48432209
Is there a link to the wip?
>>
Overlord the series question,if you take more than one set of class skills and level 100+realm of heroes +world champion do they to apply each of set of class skills or are they divided between them?
>>
>>48432181
Naturally. Will probably be undiscounted as I'm not sure I'll have a background for it.

>>48432189
I'm planning to give three crates of ZF-1s and blueprints as a item buy.

I like the back pat idea though. I'll work it in for sure.
>>
File: some weird sin.jpg (1MB, 1482x1074px) Image search: [Google]
some weird sin.jpg
1MB, 1482x1074px
>>48431595
Doom 2016

Mars: Advanced Research Complex
Demon of Hell
Cult Occult 400
Hellfire
Management 500
Rune Magic 800
Demonic Form
Imposing 900
Empowered by the Well 1100
Lord of Hell 1400
Prophecy of the Seraphim 1700
Pistol
Testament
DOOT 1600
Too Late 1400
Stingy 1000

Realised I hadn't really looked at this one properly.

Went Demon and took most of both of their trees as the tech doesn't seem up to much in this setting.

Cult Occult was the only non-Demon perk I took. Pretty good for making people obsessed with my cause. Fun that you don't have to really believe in your cause to work.

Hellfire seems to be further unlockable blastiness.

Management makes my troops more tactical and efficient as well as what looks like a fear/loyalty bonus. Really like taking things that affect your whole armies as if you take enough of them you have a ridiculous edge without really having to do anything.

Rune Magic was largely because I was taking the capstone booster so I figured I might as well even though I'm not sure what it is or what the limits of it are.

Imposing makes me a big demon. Mostly just like it for the menacing voice.

Empowered by the Well enhances magic.

Lord of Hell is an authority/customisable form option.

Prophecy of Seraphim lets me put runes on other people and make people demons which seems like combined with the Management and Cult Occult option gives me some really good demonic lieutenants if I can spend some time demonifying people and then slapping runes on them.

Drawbacks make it noisy, mean the marine is coming back and I don't really have any weapons which is pretty survivable for 700 CP.
>>
>>48432220
Former.
>>
>>48432188
What about a Page of Life?
>>
>>48432232
that is OP, isn't it? wouldn't that make you level 100 in two different class trees?
>>
>>48432188
>Knight of Hope or Heart
Uhh... think you fucked up there buddy.
>>
Does jumper keep the demons they can summon in devil survivor post jump?
>>
>>48432234
Coming up. Gimme a sec.

>>48432269
...I did. Fuck. Welp, time to do another one then...
>>
>>48432116
The whole jump is not a job for an early-game jumper unless they've picked up perks and/or resources suited for nigh-immediately shutting down the portal storms and/or defending both themselves and Earth against an advanced interdimensional empire.

The Combine invades well within the ten years the Jumper is there, very probably within the first year itself, and their military curbstomps Earth's in literally seven hours. If the Jumper is somehow able to shut down the portal storms nigh-immediately but can't prevent future artificial portals, the Combine can still invade - unless they decide it's too hard to bother with and just try nuking the planet from a portal in orbit.
>>
>>48432264
I think the in game classes actually only went to like 15, and some are only 10 or 5. You have 100 levels to divide between them. The jump does things very differently, but no, it's not OP in the way you're saying it at all.
>>
>>48432285
okay because >>48432232 said it was the former which would mean it would be level 100+ were realm of Heroes which gives you the broken Class combinations+ world champion which makes you all around better at using Them. which I was interpreting to mean 100 levels in a class set Focused on one thing and another 100 levels in another class set Focused on another thing. but if it's 50 levels in one thing and 50 levels in another yeah that sounds much less broken.
>>
>>48432264
Not really, it's more of a combination of classes that have all the abilities of the different class skills. You're still only level 100.
This is explained in the notes.
>>
Got a jump here that I think's done unless anyone can see any issues.
>>
>>48432324
Looks good to me.

How's the normal Red Dead Redemption jump going?
>>
>>48432311
It's a little more complicated. You're not 50 levels of one and 50 levels of the other if you have 2 class skills.
Like >>48432321 said it's more of a class combination that gives you the abilities of both class trees.
You're not really getting more powerful from taking more than one class skill, just more versatile.
This is of course generally better than only having a single class, but it comes at the cost of other jump options so it's not really overpowered.

If you're familiar with the D&D concept of prestige classes like Mystic Theurge it's kinda like that.
>>
Can someone explain Unsounded to me? How strong can Pymary be?
>>
>>48432321
Okay thanks
>>48432349
So it is still balanced and I would be Trading Power for versatility?
>>
>>48432345
Think that's pretty much done as well, changed things like they were suggested so unless anyone has any major issues with it it's finished.
>>
>>48432362
I'd say it tops out around Seventh level D&D spells, but you really should Read the comic it's quite good
>>
>>48432324
Holy Relic: doesn't indicate what the consumables it creates actually are.

The Legend Continues: if the normal Red Dead Redemption jump has been taken, does that mean it's now ten years later and John is now a (free-willed) Undead still(?) hunting for the Mask all over again because it got stolen again?
>>
So other than Sebas, Nigredo, and Pestonya is there anyone in Nazrick with a good alignment?
>>
>>48432396
Also important to note that Pymary can't raise the dead (other than as un-dead). At least, no-one's managed to succeed yet.
>>
>>48432378
Yeah, you'd be trading specialization and exotic, focused abilities for versatility in different situations even though both builds would be "the same" level and power.
>>
>>48432378
You're only trading power in the sense that if you buy more than one class skill you can buy less of everything else.
Your class skills by themselves don't get weaker just because you have more than one.

The main thing that stops you from being good at everything is the origin-exclusive bonuses.
Class skills that are not from your origin are weaker for you than they would be if you had the matching origin.
There's also the origin-exclusive stuff: Drop ins are faster and have generally better stats, Warriors get super moves and caster origins get overrank magic.
>>
>>48432416
I think Victim is almost neutral, with one point on the side of good.
>>
>>48432407
For the Holy Relic it's pretty much just food or ammunition that it can refill. I'll clarify that.

Yeah trying to sort out the timeline is a bit weird given that I sorted it out into two jumps. If you start with undead nightmare it's pretty much the normal timeline of the game and then continuing on from where you ended undead nightmare in red dead with the assumption that someone destroys the mask or something. The other way I suppose it's up to whatever you feel like assuming, whether it's just the mask has been stolen again or whether the time it was stolen is pushed up to later.
>>
>>48432431
noted>>48432439
so I'd be giving up the top tier of stuff for The middle tier of both? Yeah not doing that
>>
>>48432439
>caster origins get overrank magic.
Which are so good.
>>
>>48432490
No you don't 'give up' anything. You just expand your skill or spell list.
>>
>>48432490
Skeleton necromancy 100 is some of the best necromancy in jumpchain. If not the best.
>>
>>48432492
yes but Warrior origins are explicitly balanced against the casters,and Noted to be better in combat.
>>48432501
isn't that a contradiction though? I thought you can only have peak of one?
>>
>>48432416
Technically Cocytus is good aligned with a sense of justice of +50 compared to 99% of Nazaricks negative Morality. It is shown in the story that he is on of those honorable warriors types. But good aligned NPCs in Nazrick are very rare because it was designed to be the tomb of an evil overlord and therefore would have mainly evil aligned NPCs.
>>
File: Bill driking.png (110KB, 558x604px) Image search: [Google]
Bill driking.png
110KB, 558x604px
>>48432282
Pretty much this. All we know about the combine is that they transform the races they conquer into slave races and use them to conquer more planets and repeat the process.

Stuff like Striders and Hunters are probably just more slaved races. We don't know their true potential and they could probably just nuke the whole solar system just to stop you if you bother them enough. So, that would be a good starting level if you want to get anywhere near of this universe and do something besides hiding and running.

>>48432285
>>48432311
Certain classes only go up to 10 or 5, but they can either be an standalone class or part of a bigger tree.

For example, Ainz has a race tree like this: Skeleton Mage (15) -> Elder Lich (10) -> Overlord (5) -> Eclipse (5?).

Both Albedo and Demiurge start with the Imp race, but Demiurge then has levels on Arch Demon and Albedo has levels on Succubus.
>>48428432
>>48428314
To craft an item from the game, you need: crafting job classes (Ainz doesn't have them and whatever he crafts is kind of crappy because of that) and data crystals. Probably special ones, the ones that rare bosses drop, because most players only had one or two Divine Items once they hit the top tiers.
>>
I asked this last thread but didn't get any real answer, but has Worm given any real substantive explanation for how the fuck Sword and Sorcery magic works, what it's capable of, and how it scales?
>>
File: hope.png (683KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
hope.png
683KB, 1024x576px
>>48432188
>>48432269
>>48432280
Well, since I fucked up, Have the /actual/ Knight of Hope write-up...

Knights are a class that exploits their class and uses it as a weapon.
Hope's the aspect of Belief and Holiness, associated with Angels.

You'd be using your own belief to enhance yourself. If you belief you cannot be defeated/injured/resisted, then your this combination of class and aspect would make that a bit truer. Basically a power-up that keeps going as long as you're sure of yourself, which would probably allow you to do unbelievably ridiculous feats as long as you just belief you can yourself.

Of course, exploiting your enemies superstitions is also something that'd work. Make them belief things, and it'd become a bit more true.

Speaking of making people belief things... That's something you'd probably be good at, getting people to belief what you want them to.

Then there's holiness and all that... You'd be likely be able to create weapons out of white Hope energy to fight, and exploit people's faith and religions.

Would generally work well with weaponizing divine powers from other places, probably.
>>
>>48432416
And even those will kill hundreds of defenseless children with a smile if directly ordered.
>>
File: life.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>48432234
>>48432280
As for a Page of Life... Have my interpretation of it.

Pages are the class with lots of potential, and grand expressions of their aspect.
Life's the aspect of Life Energy, Health, Living Beings, and all that stuff basically.

You'd probably be able to heal people to the point of resurrecting them. Though Sburb resurrection seems to be limited to once-per-person... Still, calling them back from fatal injuries if you're there fast enough should be good.

Of course, as a Page, you'd probably be less likely to be a focused "Lay on hands", and more a giant aura of healing... I'd expect a Page to walk into a dead wasteland and be able to just create a wave of life, making trees, grass, flowers, and bushes just rapidly start to grow from the barren grounds. Might even resurrect some dead animals that were there.

Maybe you'd literally bring grass and flowers into existence just by stepping on soil.

You'd be able to strengthen and heal your allies and yourself just by your presence, and probably contain boundless energy/stamina yourself.
>>
>>48432528
Eclipse isn't a race, it's a special necromancer class that only unlocks after meeting some racial and class conditions.
>>
>>48432510
You get buffs by buying specializations but you could also buy other stuff. For instance I could have gone with the planning perk but chose to instead take alchemy and use any magic item.

Because both are so damn useful.

Not even going into necromancy or damage magic.
>>
>>48432490
You're still not getting it.
Let's say you're a warrior origin. You take damage-focused and defense-focused as class skills.
You're as strong in offense as a damage-focused warrior and as strong in defense as a defense focused warrior. The only thing you've "lost" is 50cp.
Since you're a warrior you also get super moves.

Not lets take that warrior and add divine magic. You're still just as good a warrior, and you still get 10th rank spells (if you're level 100).
But you don't get overrank magic (because you're not a caster-origin), your spells will be slightly weaker (healing less, doing less damage etc.) and you'll know less of them than you would if you were a caster-origin.

>>48432510
Warrior origins are better in direct combat. This is an important distinction.
A caster has vastly more options, and to win against an equal-level warrior he has to use these options intelligently.
>>
>>48432536
That's wrong, actually. Nigredo and Pestonya defied Ainz' orders and tried to rescue innocent adults and children that Ainz was going to have executed. He imprisoned them for it.
>>
>>48432510
You aren't buying one of 12 or so 'classes'. These are abstractions of the 900+ classes in the game. By picking different Class Skills you are sort of making up what classes your character would have had in the game - you say that your 'combo' of classes let you do Arcane Spell Casting and Damage Focused Warrior stuff and X and Y and Z. Or you say your classes only let you do one Divine Casting and nothing else.

Whatever you do you are no more powerful from having a dozen class skills than someone with only one, you just have more options.

If you want to look at 'losing' something you are losing CP that could have bought other skills or buffs.
>>
>>48432510
Read the answers better. You don't have two classes balanced to 100. You have one class with twice as many Abilities at 100.
>>
>>48432536
Umm no? Nigrefo disobeyed ainz to save children and so got put in charge of an orphanage.
>>
>>48432531
You didn't get an answer for a reason. Fuck off.
>>
>>48432531
It's literally "sword and sorcery" style magic as found in the literature and films. Here, have a link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_and_sorcery
>>
>>48432578
I see you're up for another long day.
>>
>>48432528
Ah so we can't really craft them in jump because it's not Yggdrasil anymore
>>
How would SCP agitation field or Imagine Breaker help against World Items?
>>
>>48432590
Data crystals still exist in ainz vault.
>>
>>48432386
Does the Nigel West Dickens' Elixir item do anything without Deadeye Targetting?
>>
>>48432599
If you've got access to the vault, you don't need to make gear.
>>
>>48432543
Can you do Seer of Life and Page of Space, if it's not too much trouble?
>>
>>48432617
True. There's the divine-tier equipment of all the previous members in there, plus spare-equipment, plus world items.
It should be enough to outfit yourself and your companions several times over.

Better hope you read the LN so you know the password and security measures.
And took a perfect memory perk early enough to still remember it when you arrive in Overlord.
>>
>>48432562
well I was thinking I was on stuff like is described in >>48432550

>>48432566
but it's still balanced to level 100 which means those abilities are not as strong,which is what I was Trying to say.
>>
>>48432581
That really just tells me that it follows genre conventions that I'm not familiar with. I haven't learned anything.
>>
>>48432658
It's basically conan and stuff like that.
>>
>>48432643
>Plebs who don't consume as much media as possible in every jump so that they'll always be prepared for any world Jumpchan throws them into.
>>
>>48432648
If you take the 4 class skills of your origin each is just as strong as if you had taken it alone.
The only thing you're losing is the CP spent to buy them.
>>
>>48432648
You are wrong. It doesn't balance the way you think it does.

Now stop.
>>
>>48432648
Buying stuff is better than not.
>>
>>48432648
Have you ever heard of gestalt classes for D&D? You literally take two classes at the same time, but they count as one. A level 100 monk/paladin has all the abilities, at max strength, of both a monk and paladin. The difference is in things like base attack and saves that take the better of each class. Multiple classes isn't a nerf.
>>
>>48432673
>>48432674
well which is it? do I get the super special stuff from everything I buy or do I not? I think this is something that The jump maker needs to weigh in on
>>
>>48432674
>It doesn't balance the way you think it does.
Well that's nothing new, Bancho's never been able to figure out how balance worked on basically anything.
>>
>>48432643
... The light novel gives you all passwords and such?
>>
>>48432667
And? What can magic do in Conan?

You aren't helping by just pointing at properties and saying 'it's like that' because that's about as helpful as saying to 'read/play it and decide yourself' when someone asks about one setting or another.
>>
>>48432668
You do know there are jumps that actually give you the media for the jump you're in, right? And that some of them update whenever you go into a new one?
You only have to put in the effort to read it.

>>48432692
This is actually explained in the jump notes. You just have to read them.

>>48432699
Yeah. There's a scene where Ainz goes in there (Bloody Valkyrie arc) where he explains to his minions what security measures there are and he speaks the password.
>>
Overlordfags are worse than Narutofags.
>>
File: 1469282384717.png (78KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1469282384717.png
78KB, 500x264px
>>48432699
Pretty much.

>>48432692
He has you just seem to not understand.
>>
File: blank3.jpg (30KB, 292x247px) Image search: [Google]
blank3.jpg
30KB, 292x247px
>>48432386
Drawback: Glitches (1200)

Rolled Rio Bravo

Bureau of Investigation, age 28

Basic Shooting Skills (Free)
Horse Riding (Free)
Member of the Bureau of Investigation (Free)
Modernization (1100)
We Enforce The Rules (900)
You Can’t Escape the Past, Everyone Eventually Pays For What They’ve Done (600)
Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane (400)
Sheriff Star and Bureau Uniform (Free)
Golden Guns (200)
Nigel West Dickens' Elixier (0)

Say, didn't someone say Hogtie That Varmint's above and beyond the other capstones? Gotta say taking its' stated effect literally it's the only capstone that's an absolute effect, which seems a bit too meta.

Also reading both jumps-is it possible to companion John Marston twice or not?

Also I see what you did there, with the mask. Unless that's an actual thing in the game?

>>48432386
Drawbacks: Glitches, The Legend Continues, Overrun (1400)

Rolled Cholla Springs

Drop-In, Age 27

Last Survivor (Free)
Anti Zombie Expert (1300)
Amazing Elixier (1100)
Blood Pact: Death (800)
I Am Me (200)
Supply of Food and Water (Free)
Mythical Pet: Unicorn (0)

I'm basically going to do the same thing in both jumps, the difference being that Red Undead Redemption's gonna be like, 200% whackier.

I'm going to do some actual sheriff work.

But in only ONE jump, I'll be doing it from a chariot pulled by a unicorn and Death the horse, rather than by horse.

I'm also going to kickstart the Industrial Revolution, burying the legend of the Wild West under the crushing mundanity of civilisation and paving the way for postmodern magic to become prevalent. Occult matrixes for days.

But in only ONE jump, it will involve harnessing the undead for automated agriculture. Seriously, giving an ex-necromancer and part time Savenger a zombie apocalypse? It's like giving a fat kid access to an unattended candy store.
>>
>>48432692
You get everything you pay for, just like any other jump. Stop making this more complicated than it has to be.

>>48432678
Also the ring is soulbound. You can't give it to your mother box.
>>
>>48432715
There's one that updates the media to the jump you are in? Where is that from?
>>
File: blank13.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
blank13.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>48432531
>>48432531
Don't know about all magic therein, but here's what his answers to my question about To Call Forth are if that helps.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47360848/#47368140
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47360848/#47368381

>>48432362
I too, however, would greatly benefit from an explanation of Unsounded.

I'm apparently super gud at the Khert and Old Tainish and...I have absolutely no idea what either is capable of.

Likewise I don't know if Magic Diggin' Hands has any use outside the setting. Is it supposed to mean I can sculpt the Hedge with my bare hands in the future, the Gauntlet or the Warp? Could I theoretically start a Warpball fight with the nearest daemons if I deployed an aspect of myself that isn't an uber-Blank?
>>
>>48432692
For fuck's sake Bancho.

If you take Damage Focused then you have the skills of a Damage Focused Warrior. You see all that shit in the description? You can do that.

If you take Defense Focused then you have the skills of a Defense Focused Warrior. You see all that shit in the description? You can do that.

If you take both then you have the skills of both. Do you see all that shit in those descriptions? You can do all of that.

But you can only use Over-Rank Magic if you're a Magic Caster and you can only use Super Moves if you're a Warrior. If you're a Drop-In you can't use either but you have absurdly high all-around stats.
>>
>>48432708
Look. It probably doesn't actually do anything given that it's pretty vague about it's feats, so it's best to assume it's truly worthless.
>>
File: Bill Eating planets.png (125KB, 583x552px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Eating planets.png
125KB, 583x552px
>>48432551
>>48432576
Not exactly, they searched for a way to not directly go against them and still pursuing their own agendas. And Ainz did not ordered them directly or tried to enforce his orders further when he heard about that.

Sebas was willing to kill his his waifu just to please Ainz. If a justicefag can do that, it should give you a good idea about what can their creators order them anything.

>>48432546
I had my doubts about it. It's mentioned as a class, but I don't remember it being a job class.

>>48432590
>>48>>48432617432599
You need special data crystals for that (Pero was trying to search/buy them to make his divine weapon).

>>48432598
They supernatural, so Agitation Field at least would break them.
>>
>>48432794
>it's best to assume it's truly worthless

Not him but that's a shitty, stupid attitude.
>>
>>48432737
1.okay I found Somewhere in the notes that it Doesn't give you everything of both classes

2.Read it again ,it is soulbound once you Put it onmthere's nothing that says you start out having put it on.
>>48432786
that's what I've been saying!
>>
>>48432786
How do Super Moves work anyway? Are they also limited per day but no mp cost like over rank skills or what
>>
>>48432805
So Agitation field might help negate effects?

Would Imagine Breaker also work?
>>
File: space.gif (926KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
space.gif
926KB, 500x500px
>>48432620
Sure. Have my take on those too then.

Seers have instinctively understand their aspect comprehensively, and guide others with that understanding.
Life's the aspect of Life Energy, Health, Living Beings, and all that stuff basically.

So, as a Seer or Life, you'd be the ultimate fitness guru. And/or eugenics expert.

But seriously, you'd subconsciously know an absolutely ridiculous amount about how living creatures and life itself works, could probably tell your Space players exactly what frogs would be useful for their quest, and be able to just know how biology works by looking at it. Expect any biological/genetic manipulation you get up to, to get a massive boost to that.

You might get the ability to share senses with other living creature, and to sense the presence and location of life.

You'd know exactly how to treat injuries or disease the best way, even if you don't get direct healing powers.

Page of Space... Pages are the class with lots of potential, and grand expressions of their aspect.
Space is basically Physics, Reality, and Creation.

I'd expect something like hugely powerful, but very inaccurate telekinesis... Maybe enforcing normal reality and physics within an area, or the opposite to allow physics-fuckery like turning gravity off or allowing things to surpass lightspeed.

You'd be less like to get teleporting, and more something like wormhole portals to move entire swathes of people or the area itself.

As for creation... you probably would get a boost at anything that creates things, and like the 'destroy void' classes, you'd probably get the ability to create things from nothing with effort.
>>
>>48432786
Actually, Brellin has also ruled that if you take warrior stuff as a mage or mage stuff as a warrior that you're going to be bad at it compared to if you took your classes native class skills unless you're a warrior that took Unified Focus, in which case you're as good at magic as a mage is without necessarily as large a mana pool.
>>
>>48432808
>there's nothing that says you start out having put it on.
Except you start out having it in your background. You're not saving it for a companion you don't even know exists at that point; would you really have passed up putting on an item of vast power and defensive ability like that? Knowing you, I seriously doubt it.
>>
>>48432823
What would be the best choice for a Doom classpect?

there aren't any street signs in that image Captcha, only a car's tail light.
>>
>>48432830
Yes, I know. I was talking about multiple in-class Class Skills.

If you're a Warrior and take Arcane Caster then you're obviously not going to be as powerful as a Magic Caster. You'll still be able to cast 10th level spells but your low Magic Attack stat means that your spells are going to be weak compared to a dedicated caster.
>>
>>48432864
*unless you take Unified Focus.
>>
>>48432875
Unified Focus is a Drop-In perk.
>>
>>48432794
As if Worm weren't already feeling like they should give up on the Worm Update, you sir are not helping in the. Fucking. Slightest.
>>
>>48432892
Unified Focus can be taken by anyone.
>>
>>48432927
For 600 CP, yes.
>>
>>48432936
What's your point?
>>
>>48432757
I don't actually remember where i saw it, sorry.
I'm 99% sure i did though. Maybe someone will come along who knows?
>>
>>48432720
That's because they're not actual Overlordfags or they'd be arguing over who's the best waifu and laughing at Ainz's ridiculous bluffing. They're powergamers.

So Narutofags are absolutely worse because they have bitter arguments about powerlevels which are actually founded on their show's lore, not the jump alone.
>>
>>48432946
That it balances itself out. You can have your Over-Rank Magic and be as strong as a Warrior but you'll be paying out the ass and won't be able to do much else.
>>
>>48432862
That... really depends on what you want to do.

Personally I'd say Witch, to directly manipulate Doom.

Rogue or Prince if you want to help people avoid their Dooms, with Rogue having the drawback that you need to shunt it off somewhere else, and Prince destroying it altogether but likely being unable to avoid their own doom.

Heir or Maid if you want to become death itself.

Page if you want to make everything progressively worse for everyone around you as you grow in power.

Seer/Mage if you want to be the oracle warning people of their impending Doom.

Knight if you want to manipulate people.

Bard if you want to screw everyone over. Literally everyone, most likely including you.

Though, note that the Doom aspect is kinda an asshole. It seems to like screwing its Players over.
>>
File: doom.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>48432962
Hm. Forgot my picture... Have it anyway.
>>
>>48432958
Retard a best.
>>
>>48432960
Actually, Mages with Unified Focus are up shit's creek for martial ability compared to Warriors, while Warriors with Unified Focus are going to be just as good as a Mage at magical ability.
>>
>>48432958
>That's because they're not actual Overlordfags or they'd be arguing over who's the best waifu

There is no need to argue. Gorilla a best.
>>
>>48433004
They'll still know less spells and have no overrank magic. They also won't get higher ranks of magic unless they actually take a magic class.
Read the notes.
>>
File: Gorilla.jpg (117KB, 432x269px) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla.jpg
117KB, 432x269px
>>48433007
>>
>>48432958
cz2128 delta best waifu. She is also good aligned.
>>
>>48433023
And? Even Mage has to pay for magic classes, you're arguing about nothing.
>>
>>48430358
Hollow Heart's 'attracting the possessive' and 'them not wanting to leave' is context dependent. If the primary source of their mental ills is a crippling sense of loneliness or dependence, then healing them means they won't be quite as clingy and might become independent. They'll likely be grateful to you anyways, of course.

Or maybe that was the tip of the iceberg and they'll still be sticking around with you, just with less of a desire to stab anything that tries to separate you. It's dependent on the character.

I'll consider the price swap. It's less combat precog and more of an instinctive boost with some perk fiat behind it. I can see why it would look more appealing than the current capstone, though. Can others weigh in on this?
>>
>>48432773
So as far as I can tell, even he doesn't know how it works, because he doesn't want to make any rulings so he just tells everyone to wank it?
>>
File: 1465768717875.gif (202KB, 251x348px) Image search: [Google]
1465768717875.gif
202KB, 251x348px
>>48433044
Uwaah~ a best.
>>
>>48433050
Except mages pay half and get one free.

A mage with Unified Focus who takes a warrior class is just as strong as a warrior, they just know more spells, less martial arts and have overrank magic instead of super moves.

An arcane caster actually wouldn't even need Unified Focus. There's a canon spell that gives him the strength of a warrior. He just needs to take a warrior class to get the necessary fighting skills.
>>
>>48433083
Indeed.
>>
File: Saber.jpg (42KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
Saber.jpg
42KB, 500x363px
>>48433083
Uwaah~ is a shit.
>>
>>48433101
>There's a canon spell that gives him the strength of a warrior

But none of the skill. He would be easily beaten by an enemy warrior with similar gear and level.
>>
>>48432535
>>48432188
Thanks.

So which would be better for a Willpower based chain?
>>
>>48433083
>a best.
>not werewolf
Do you even awoo?
>>
>>48432616
Not really. holdover from when deadeye targeting was free.
>>48432731
Yeah Hogtie was something I wanted to put in because of the whole lasso thing in the games but I suppose it might be a bit too meta. If you do the jumps separately you can companion him twice, I'll make a note that if you take The Legend Continues taking it again will import him into that position instead.
>>
>>48433133
>>48433101
And said spell doesn't let him keep his magic skill, whereas a warrior with unified focus would.
>>
>>48433101
Except, they'd be fucked in every other aspect besides strength. Unified Focus isn't useful for a Mage because they don't gain anything besides raw strength.

A Warrior gets all physical stats high by default and with Unified Focus is literally just as good at magic as any Mage.
>>
>>48432830
>unless you're a warrior that took Unified Focus, in which case you're as good at magic as a mage is without necessarily as large a mana pool.
That sounds like the exact opposite of what Unified Focus does.
>>
>>48433133
>>48433142
Unified Focus is 600cp undiscounted (as it will be, for a warrior).
A mage can pick up any warrior class for 100cp to pick up the skills.

>>48433152
Except he's not. His magic is as strong as a mages, but he still knows a lot less spells. He still doesn't get overrank magic.
>>
If you take a no outside power drawback do you still keep things like your mana pool or fighting abilities?
>>
>>48433182
You keep skills (and often Body Mod). That's it.
>>
>>48433101
>A mage with Unified Focus who takes a warrior class is just as strong as a warrior
They aren't. Brellin's own ruling, Mages don't gain anything else from the perk besides raw physical strength, not durability, ability, dexterity, or anything else.

Warriors get all the Magical ability of a Mage besides mana.
>>
>>48433182
If you got your powers or mana from perks outside of the jump no you don't.
>>
>>48433182
No.
>>
>>48433210
>Warriors get all the Magical ability of a Mage besides mana.
You keep saying that, but it doesn't make sense. Do you have a link?
>>
File: jafar-snake-o.gif (6MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
jafar-snake-o.gif
6MB, 320x180px
>>48432794
>that guy didn't check the sources I gave them
Worthless, indeed.

>>48432757
Universal Canon or something from Lone Wolf.
>>
>>48433044
Level 46? Dear lord I thought the Homunculas maids would be useless. They have guns in their fanitasy setting?
Looked it up, They have freaking sci-fi laser weapons in their game. All my what.
>>
>>48433182
You're usually stuck with Body Mod.

Remember, though, that although you lose access to your magic and supernatural abilities you keep all of your inherent skills. So it's not like you just suddenly forget martial arts or how to shoot a gun after doing that for 1,000 years.
>>
>>48433210
>They aren't. Brellin's own ruling, Mages don't gain anything else from the perk besides raw physical strength, not durability, ability, dexterity, or anything else.
Gonna need a link for that, because that's not how I'm remembering it at all. The way I remember it you don't get the top tier warrior skills in the same way a warrior won't get over rank magic. You get everything else, though.

Gonna need a link for that ruling.
>>
>>48433078
He doesn't even give examples of feats in the jump.
>>
>>48433180
Skills. Not raw speed or agility or stamina or durability. Just the raw strength and skills. But Warriors get the mana pool magic casters have and can buy all the skills they need. Meaning magic Casters only get part of what Warriors have, Warriors get all of what Casters do.
>>
>>48433231
That's not a homunculas maid, that's a piledes maid. The homunculas maids are just maids, the piledes were battle maids meant to guard a floor.
>>
>>48433236
Unified Focus only ups your physical power and magical power it doesn't change anything else for either side. All the classes just give skills, not stats. You get stats from your origin that you pick.
>>
>>48433231
Wait, they do? Could you choose guns as a Damage Focused Warrior?
>>
>>48433233
Really wish bodymod had a ki or magic option.
>>
>>48433268
Its a ranged damage class based around automaton race but anyone could learn if they put levels in it. It was one of the last game updates in yggdrasil. A tech world.
>>
>>48433284
That would defeat the point. Closest to superpowers there are is the wings, and Senses 4.
>>
>>48433236
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48367515/#48369423
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48367515/#48369228
>>
>>48433284
Or just made better in general.
>>
>>48433231
Shes a pleiade maid like yuri alpha. But automotons are a robot race.
>>
>>48433264
Nope, refer to >>48433330
Mage gets nothing but strength from Unified Focus, Warriors get everything besides mana that Magic Casters have.
>>
>>48433268
>>48433309
>Damaged Focused Automaton Gun Warrior
That's pretty much exactly what my build is.

I'm a loli android wielding a massive automatic missile launcher three times as big as I am.
>>
>>48433135
It's a running joke that she's the evilest character in Nazrick. Do not trust the awoo.
>>
File: heart.jpg (375KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
heart.jpg
375KB, 1280x720px
>>48433134
Hm. Out of the choice of Knights of Hope or Heart?

Probably Knight of Heart. It's got the whole Identity and Self thing, and the canon Prince of Heart had this whole "I might splinter, but I won't break" thing going on. So, it's a bit more related to Willpower, even though it isn't quite that directly.

On the other hand... Knight of Hope would probably get pretty ridiculous if you're using an entire chain of Willpower to belief Really, Really Hard.

So... Heart for is probably better for synergy with your other Willpower stuff, but Hope if you want to fuel yourself with belief in yourself.

I'd say it depends on which fits you more. Either could work really, really well with a Willpower based chain. Hope's got the better outfit colors/symbol though.
>>
>>48433355
Surprisingly, this build fits in a lot of settings.

When Pathfinder comes out, it'll even fit in there.
>>
>>48433249
Ah okay, still that's cool information to know even if i went about it sideways.

>>48433268
Abilities and Powers (From the Overlord Wiki)
CZ is specialized in ranged combat. She has a fairly strong physical attack power while the value of her other characteristics, especially physical defense, is quite low. She has the lowest level among the Pleiades. Her character settings were set to be familiar with Nazarick’s unlocking mechanisms.
Main Equipment
CZ possess an arsenal of powerful science-fiction type guns at her disposal as a part of her Gunner class.
===
Her class "Gunner" was added to Yggdrasil after the "Fall of Valkyria" update.
===

I now plan on building a KOS-MOS unit with full wings and mini-gun glory.
>>
>>48433322
And Metavore, Endurance 4, and Speed 4.
>>
>>48433369
Warforged loli?
>>
>>48433356
I like that everyone sees that she's evil, too. The villagers knows she's evil as fuck, even though she treats them nice. She's a horrible actor. Little gags like that make me laugh.
>>
>>48433373
She's also the subject matter expert on all the traps in Nazarick. Insert Aura and Mare joke here.
>>
>>48433386
Nope. There is an Android race in Pathfinder and one section of the world filled with scifi tech because an alien AI crash lander there in the distant past.
>>
>>48433322
Rank 4 in speed makes you as fast as a motercycle, rank 4 in endurance lets you run all day, rank 4 in dex lets you wallrun, etc. Flexibility 2, evercleansed and metavore are all superpowers, though evercleansed isn't an impressive one. It's really just the cosmetic lines that don't go superhuman.
>>
File: INFINITE KAGA WORKS.jpg (134KB, 645x911px) Image search: [Google]
INFINITE KAGA WORKS.jpg
134KB, 645x911px
Best harem perks?
>>
>>48433245
The least it can do is personify concepts to varying degrees, and even then, there's no official ruling on how that actually works.

With stuff like what you can actually do with that, or what you can do with magic in general, none of it's obvious.

There are no feats or examples or comparative measurements or descriptors of ability level.
>>
>>48433412
Shadowclone. You know why.
>>
>>48433412
All of them.
>>
>>48433412
Realm of Myths.
>>
>>48432324
I'm not sure the Mayan Apocalypse 2012 perk is worth 600 CP as stated. Also, could you clarify whether the Horseman perk makes you immune to just the Horseman's abilities, or similar abilities (e.g., Pestilence would make you immune to other magical diseases)?

Oh, you might also want to clarify that you can't take Food and Water are Necessities with Powerless.
>>
>>48433412
I want infinite kaga works.
>>
>>48433376
>>48433407
Don't forget Senses 4, which gives you infrared vision, lets you hear high frequency sounds, and the like.
>>
>>48433476
That was mentioned in the initial post.
>>
>>48433420
Is it a problem that I feel a little bit anal about how Worm's getting updated for a lack of clarity in certain areas, when SaS is legitimately unclear about a lot of things, and significantly more so at the very least compared to Worm?
>>
File: image.jpg (865KB, 919x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
865KB, 919x1300px
>>48433437
>Kaga
>not Shoukaku
Bro, do you even carrier?
>>
>>48433515
Shit taste detected.
>>
>>48433509
Not at all. The problems worse because Worm apparently designed it that way, in an attempt to encourage creativity and new stories. But since he didn't give any guidelines at all and if anyone wanked something they'd get lept on for being power and/or limit wankers if it was too strong or weak....well, it's less a creativity option and more a non existent option really.
>>
>>48433487
Whoops, must have missed that. It's still the best purchase in Body Mod, though. The only downside is you can't get it for cheap unless you're a furry, and fuck that.
>>
>>48433400
Yep, she's a neat read all said. Also the fact that the Homuncluas maids are usually low level is cool but I'd love to have one with a couple of levels, is that okay. The only one that I can find in canon was Pestonya Shortcake Wanko, in addition to her original Homunculas levels she's also a Cleric and High Priestess though she's still horridly low leveled with only a total somewhere in the mid twenties.

>>48433476
>>48433376
>>48433322
Don't forget that you can go full anthro if you wish. Your Body Mod form doesn't even need to be human.
>>
>>48433527
>>48433509
So I'm hearing that Worm should essentially just give up on the update, because all it's going to do is piss people off?
>>
Speaking of Body Mod, am I the only one who house rules that you buy your Body Mod on top of your Pokemon attributes since you get it after Pokemon?
>>
>>48433563
Way to jump to conclusions.

I'm not even part of that conversion but there's a big difference between criticising someone for one jump's details and saying they shouldn't do anything ever.

>>48433577
As far as I know yes.
>>
>>48433577
That sounds a bit retarded, t b h f a m. But you can houserule whatever you want, just don't fling it at people and try to force it on the thread.
>>
>>48433577
You mean are you the only one who effectively gives yourself Free Rank 3s in all the physical attributes? Yeah. Most people don't cheat their way to victory.
>>
>>48433609
>Most people don't cheat their way to victory.

where_do_you_think_you_are.jpg
>>
>>48433509
It's a particular brand of autism that requires everything to be spelled out ad nauseum. I get it, different play styles and all that, but it's not a game that you need to know how many hit die you have, how many spells per day, and what your encumbrance is. If you want to get that specific, good on ya, but it is a bit autistic.
>>
>>48432188
Is this the jump in the WIP folder, or is there a finished version I am overlooking?
>>
>>48433590
>I want to be able to shit on him for petty reasons whenever I want, but I still want him to make jumps for me because I deserve it
Yeah, nah. You just come off as pretentious.
>>
>>48433590
>Way to jump to conclusions.

Actually these are conclusions drawn from... well. Every damn discussion about Worm since Worm_Anon's been discussing the update.
>>
>>48433633
It's under Sburb instead of Homestuck, so look in the N-Z folder.
>>
>>48433515
Carrier? I hardly even know 'er!
I'll see myself out.
>>
>>48433633
The one in the WIP folder is a (badly balanced) Homestuck jump. This is a jump for the Sburb game itself, with end jump drawback for Homestuck.

You can find it under Sburb in the N-Z folder.
>>
>>48433596
Well, my reasoning is that I go to Pokemon first, and it says you get to keep any perks you buy in Pokemon, so when you hit Body Mod, you already have the Pokemon perks following you. I think it's silly to assume you'd pay from human baseline if you're no longer human baseline. But I'm not going to force it on anyone or keep trying to convince you all after this post.

>>48433609
It's not free, it costs 150-200 CP in Pokemon, depending on my background. See the above for my reasoning.
>>
>>48433632
So, what, if we don't want things to be detailed out so we actually have any ground to determine what we can actually do without just making shit up, then we're autistic, but apparently it's a good thing for Worm because otherwise you have blatant powerwanking?

What the fuck do you want, jumpmakers to clarify things only when clarifications aren't asked for?
>>
>>48433718
Claim that all you want, but the number of shitposting against Worm_Anon has climbed really quickly lately and I wouldn't doubt that you're one of the shitposters trying to drive him away.

You don't really want new content, you just want to shit on Worm_Anon.
>>
>>48433718
You do this every time you're caught out without and argument. The only bait here is you.
>>
And people complain when jumpmakers resort to using pseudo legalese language. You're damned either way here.
>>
>>48433641
The fuck, man?

I don't even sympathise with either of the twats in that convo, I'm just saying that's not what I think they mean.

Frankly I've never had a problem with any of Worm's proposals.

>>48433655
That said, fair enough. People are greedy dicks.
>>
File: 1421080431649.jpg (57KB, 529x386px) Image search: [Google]
1421080431649.jpg
57KB, 529x386px
A question about the Kingdom Heart's jump.

It's mentioned in the notes that A Heart to Call my Own can potentially "fix" Nobodies and Heartless, provided you start using it early enough that the jump doesn't end before you finish. However, it's also stated that, if you heal one of them using this ability, that you can't heal the other the same way. My question is, why? I was under the impression that you're helping them by allowing them to grow a new heart, and I don't understand why doing this would mean the other half can't also grow a new heart.
>>
>>48433768
Have you just figured that out? There's at least one person, possibly more, who literally aren't going to stop until nobody's making Jumps anymore. Any new Jump they shit on, any existing Jumpmaker they shit on.
>>
>>48433750
>>48433776

Fuck off shitposters.
>>
>>48433641
Oy piss off and don't use my shit to launchpad into your own stupid shit, mmmkay ese?
>>
>>48433577
Is there any reason you wouldn't keep your Pokemon stats if you bought the Fitness or whatever perk?
>>
>>48433750
It's one thing to ask clarification. It's another to want the jumpmaker to handhold you while he tells your story for you while you ask every legalese question like ParanoidAnon does.
>>
>>48433750
Just fanwank, but wank responsibility. Most Jumps are designed that the exact power and abilities you get are up to interpretation, with the caveat that it should fit the cost of the perk and the power level of the setting. If you decide to interpret a perk so that it's useless and then bitch about it, or so that it makes you God-Emperor of the setting and then bitch when you're corrected, then you're autistic.
>>
>>48433803
I bet this fag is actually ParanoidAnon shitposting again.
>>
>>48433780
Okuu is a treasure and is best daughteru.
>>
>>48433798
Uh, guy? He was launchpadding off my post, not yours.

Unless you mean the convo before that, in which case I sympathise.

>>48433786
I don't see how "I personally have no issues with a jumpmaker's decisions" is shitposting.

>>48433799
I think that depends on how big said pokemon are and what abilities they have. He did say attributes, not stats.
>>
>>48433780
It's because the problem with them is different.

Nobodies don't have hearts. At all, they're missing. However, it's canon that a Nobody with a human body and memories will someday regrow their heart as long as they keep from dissolving away. You're just speeding up this process.

Heartless, on the other hand, are nothing BUT a heart, consumed in Darkness. You can't make it grow a new one, because it is one. What you'd have to do to help a Heartless is to get them to fight off and overthrow the Darkness and become themselves again. It's like what Sora did in KH 1 after he was turned into a Shadow.
>>
>>48433685
No need.
I'd carrier too.

In fact, I'd carry all of them.
>>
>>48433246
Cept the magical stats, overrank magic, etc.
>>
>>48433819
Perks usually give very specific things though. Strength perks for example don't usually have much room for variance, they almost always have an explicit level of power that they give like specific feats or comparative examples.

There's none of that in Sword and Sorcery.
>>
>>48433825
Oh, I was thinking of the Pokemon Trainer perk that gived you near-Captain America level fitness.
>>
>>48433825
At this point, it's best to just assume anything criticizing jumpmakers in specific over something 'wrong' with their jumps is shitposting with the objective of driving away our content creators. Fuck off.
>>
>>48433825
Anon, remember last night? How someone was making posts EXACTLY LIKE THIS to defend/attack lewd both (and never within a minute, remember)?

The shitposter is awake and he's sperging all over the thread again.
>>
>>48433896
What posts? Anyone posting criticism about SaS is being entirely reasonable though?
>>
>>48433825
At this point it's the guy from last night throwing another tantrum.

Same Shit. Different Day. I can set my fucking clock by this cycle.
>>
>>48433577
>>48433590
>>48433609

I remember I asked thread about this once and the consensus was:

If you trained your body in Pokemon jump, the basis for BodyMod is your body without Pokemon perks but plus the training you did. And it was confirmed that BodyMod doesn't LOWER your stats but it doesn't give you additional ranks for free if you are better than first ranks
>>
>>48433799
Well, there's two interpretations. First, Pokemon is first and therefore anything you buy in Pokemon becomes your new base for Body Mod. Which means rather than starting from average you'd start from 3 STR and END if you bought the Fitness perk, and 3 AGI and DEX if you bought the Agility perk.

Second is that Body Mod overrides Pokemon, so you start from 0, buy your way up to whatever you want in Body Mod, and then Pokemon gets added on top of it under the standard rules for duplicative powers.

I pick the first approach, but the second appears to be the dominant approach. I think they're both equally valid, but some people like >>48433609 disagree.
>>
>>48433880
Oi, asshole. Difference between criticism and shitposting. But nice falseflagging there, way to try and make others look bad.

>>48433853
And you can try to actually put some effort in an imagination game, the jumpmaker doesn't have to legalese everything for you. Otherwise we get billions of note pages.
>>
File: okuu caution.jpg (487KB, 1000x742px) Image search: [Google]
okuu caution.jpg
487KB, 1000x742px
>>48433780
Best nuclear hell crow
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
Worm-Anon at least still updates and keeps the thread in the loop, unlike some of the non-named anons who merely try to sneak their stuff into the WIP folder. He keeps the thread up to date, at the least.

>>48433655
Understood, you'll have to show me, in context with the threads so just link me to Archives if you will, however just lashing out at a Jumpmaker will just make them quit. More Jumpmakers quit as the shitposters shift their aim and them Jumpchain sinks.
Note that I'm not calling you a shitposter, you say you have viable qualms with Worm-Anon and I get that your opinions are your own. I'm merely pointing out that unless you show me where Worm-Anon has broken the rules of Jumpchain as detailed within the doc at the top I see no reason to ban them, nor should anyone else as it set a bad precedent. I think our shitposters have a small population, at least one, that just wants Jumpchain to go the way of the dodo. Quietly fading out of the cycle.

>>48433728
Personally I don't agree with this outlook as the power suppression usually explicitly states that you've returned to your Body Mod body only nothing else.

>>48433825
Report them and ignore if you think they're shitposters. That's all we can do.

>>48433880
A particularly strict method that may not exactly work. Constructive Criticisms is the life blood of most content creators and what little Worm he tries to use. Anyone doing anything like that in excess could be a shitposter

>>48433896
Report and Ignore.
>>
>>48433915

Another interpretation is this >>48433913
>>
Ok, I'm going to give you guys the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're not trolling.

>>48433768
>You don't really want new content, you just want to shit on Worm_Anon.
Wrong. I aim for, consider, and support valid/constructive criticism; and I actually do want to see new content. I was also one of the people who was fine with applying the Manton Limit post-jump.

>>48433771
>You do this every time you're caught out without and argument. The only bait here is you.
This is the only time I've ever used a bait image. Try again.
>>
>>48433930
Gauntlet, but BodyMod doesn't lower your existing body stuff, no?

It would be unfair for people who were ripped before jump chaining so Pokemon at least gives you a chance to train up a bit
>>
File: Glasses on a hellcow.png (316KB, 700x654px) Image search: [Google]
Glasses on a hellcow.png
316KB, 700x654px
>>48433921
Ah, that reminds me to pick up that Hell Cow from strikewitches quest drawback.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
>>48433913
If you could link it then that quote would clear up this entire thing question.

>>48433957
See above. A simple quote could change my opinion on this.

>>48433953
As I said above if they shitpost then report and ignore If this is our personal shitposter s/he's a Janitor and we can't just get them banned outright.
>>
>>48433999
The fuck is a Hell cow?
>>
>>48433918
>And you can try to actually put some effort in an imagination game, the jumpmaker doesn't have to legalese everything for you. Otherwise we get billions of note pages.

So, I can just wank it to be capable of doing anything or nothing all and the thread can't say anything about it? There's not explanation or description to speak of, nothing to base expectations off of on comparison, and no feats listed after all. So, do I also have free-reign to shit on people for powerwanking or limitwanking if their arbitrary standards for the magic's capability doesn't match my own?

All I can do is make shit up, and imagination game this might be, I want to have some grounds for consistency and legitimacy in my chain rather than just bullshitting.
>>
>>48434003
It wasn't a quote by Quicksilver but a thing that some of thread talked about. Hang on
>>
Starting a Knight/Warrior chain. What's a better place to start, Dark Souls or Demon Souls?
>>
>>48432658
>That really just tells me that it follows genre conventions that I'm not familiar with. I haven't learned anything.
>I haven't learned anything.
... That's for damn sure. Protip, kid: one thing you have to learn, is _how_ to learn.

Like for example, if you'd bothered to study the page I linked you to properly, you'd have noticed the "Seminal works" section, containing a list of authors and their works in the genre. Then you could have tried google and youtube to see if you could read or watch any of the books or movies it mentioned - the very first author's setting, Conan, got turned into three movies (Conan the Barbarian, Conan the Destroyer, Red Sonja).

Now get off my lawn.
>>
File: 1332028699818.jpg (740KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1332028699818.jpg
740KB, 3000x3000px
>>48434006
Martian death weapon disguised as a cow.
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>48432285
>>48432311
>>48432528
There are three, arguably four, types of "classes" in YGGDRASIL
Common Classes, easily accessed and can have up to 15 levels
Advanced Classes, have specific requirements, are stronger than Common, and can have up to 10 levels.
Rare Classes, extremely stringent requirements(some even requiring you to be level 95, along with their other requirements), very powerful, and only 5 levels max.
Then you have "Special Classes". Special Classes are like Rare classes, but rather than Unlocking them, they are Rewarded to you by the Devs. They replace 5 existing class levels, but you don't lose any abilities. So you're effectively above level 100.

>>48432416
Aura and Mare are technically Neutral.

>>48433135
As much as I love the idea of a Werewolf Cleric, she's an idiot. Also she's pretty Evil.
>>
>>48434006
It's a cow.
From hell.

Or more accurately, a possibly robotic spy cow from Mars.
Fookin' Martians
>>
If you buy a Horcrux, and have spirit/ghost forms (Danny Phantom, Bleach, etc.) can you just take on one of those forms instead of having to remake your body with some complicated ritual before you can do anything?
>>
>>48434025
Demon's Souls, probably.
>>
>>48434031
>Read the source material of a setting in the genre and assume everything works the same
>>
>>48434038
>Forgetting my name
I HAVE BROUGHT GREAT SHAME TO MY FAMILY!

>I just got a captcha for Street Signs with a bunch of moon runes in the background
Well, that's fitting for my joking over-reaction
>>
>>48434039
Isn't "Cowsfromhell" a cheat code in Neverwinter Nights?
>>
Someone was saying before that Players in Overlord can't improve beyond Level 100 naturally, but Locals can. Has Brellin made a ruling on this?

If not, can someone ask him?
>>
>>48433915
>Well, there's two interpretations. First, Pokemon is first and therefore anything you buy in Pokemon becomes your new base for Body Mod. Which means rather than starting from average you'd start from 3 STR and END if you bought the Fitness perk, and 3 AGI and DEX if you bought the Agility perk.
This has never been an interpretation. If you choose to wank this, that's on you. However, this has never been ruled as a proper interpretation or endorsed by the majority of the thread.
>>
>>48434031
So in order to understand what one jump's magical system can do, we should go and start reading entire novels and watching movies? Even Fate jump's author is willing to give an explanation on stuff and that's the freaking Nasuverse, why does Worm have you forced to do this shit if you want to know what you could do? You realise you're doing what DDanon did with Demon King Daimou and telling people to get fucked and watch the material themselves instead of giving any sort of explanation?

Now try to be less of a lazy, condescending asshole and actually help people when they ask for an explanation instead of acting like one of the biggest assholes we've ever had and doing nothing to help.
>>
>>48434044
...Probably? I mean, you get some kind of less-than-a-ghost spirit form if your body's dead from having a Horcrux.
>>
>>48434065
Is it?
>>
>>48434031
That isn't helpful. What you've basically done is said that if I want to know something, I shouldn't bother asking and should just do my own fucking research on irrelevant subjects.
>>
>>48434074
Just trying to decide if it's useless to me, since I don't have companions to do it for me.
>>
>>48434066
I see no proof of this, since we haven't even seen a Local who's above level 80. It would definitely require a Ruling.

>>48434079
I would swear to god it is.
>>
>>48434031
Yeah, how dare he ask for a basic idea of how the magic works. He should totally go read entire series of novels to get a grasp because explaining it to him is both completely impossible and totally offensive to our sensibilities isn't it?
>>
>>48423319
>I still haven't a clue about Sword and Sorcery magic though
>>48432531
>what it's capable of, and how it scales?
>>48432581
>It's literally "sword and sorcery" style magic as found in the literature and films.
>>48432658
>hat really just tells me that it follows genre conventions that I'm not familiar with.
Ok. I believe we have found the problem. Your cinematic education has been sadly neglected...
You need to have a movie night.

The thing about Sword & Sorcery Magic is it can let you do some pretty versatile things, but it will not make you a superhero. For example:
1: 'No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.'-Steven Brust
A S&S sorcerer usually looses against a fair fight against a Martial Hero. So no easy 'I win, you cannot touch me/harm me, or trivially neutralizing the hero spells'
Exceptions are along the lines of conditional immunity like "Nothing of this earth/no mortal weapon/none who have evil in their hearts can harm me." They are not absolute, and can often be countered by a something other than a equally powerful wizard.
2: They do not cast magic quickly (combat casting), or directly. Do not expect to just look at an enemy, point, spend a chunk of MP, and smite someone with Lightning from the Heavens.
They cast through pre-prepared items. Separate them from the Item, separate them from the magic.
3:Unless they have previously summoned, and bargained/bound a spirit. Then the spirit is doing the spell at the sorcerers direction.
4: They are more powerful & less limited in their home turf. Their Base/sanctum can be the item they cast magic through.
5: They are can be very powerful at non--combat magics, raising and sinking Islands or blessing & cursing nations.
6: This is because they excel at gaining Mana from other sources, like circles of mages, places of power, sacrifices, god, demons, & spirits, and even groups of Muggles. "When the Stars are right" is a classic source of power
>>
>>48434038
>Advanced Classes, have specific requirements, are stronger than Common, and can have up to 10 levels.
>Rare Classes, extremely stringent requirements(some even requiring you to be level 95, along with their other requirements), very powerful, and only 5 levels max.
>Then you have "Special Classes". Special Classes are like Rare classes, but rather than Unlocking them, they are Rewarded to you by the Devs. They replace 5 existing class levels, but you don't lose any abilities. So you're effectively above level 100.

Where did you read that? Because I've read the whole novels two times and I don't remember that.
>>
>>48434038
>Mare are technically Neutral..

Mare is pretty creepy when he is carrying orders. And he is supposed to be the 'good' twin.
>>
>>48434066
Neither can improve beyond level 100. You can develop your skills and abilities, but you can't raise your powerlevel.
>>
>>48434094
I mean. Even if you can't... You still get a new body in the next jump, and in the meantime you're not dead.

Besides, you can still posses people/animals to do shit if you need to pick stuff up or something.
>>
>>48434031
Hey, guess what Sword and Sorcery jump isn't?

A Conan jump. Conan might be a Sword and Sorcery style setting, but it isn't the setting of the jump, just the same genre.
>>
>>48434108
http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/Job_Classes

Base job classes can be leveled up to 15, high classes can be leveled up to 10, and rare classes, like World Champion or Eclipse, can only be leveled to 5.

http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/Touch_Me

His armor was a bonus equipment he received for being a world champion. However, as a result of obtaining the status of world champion, all of his other classes' levels were lowered. Still, he lost no skills nor abilities associated with those classes.

>>48434120
I'm pretty sure they have the same alignment.
>>
>>48434120
He's a soldier with a job. That isn't always pretty.
>>
>>48434066
I'm pretty sure that was just that level 100 is Yggdrasil's level cap, so in the game you can't progress beyond level 100.

Theoretically you could go further with stuff in the New World since there's no game fiat cap there, whether or not you're a Player or Local.
>>
>>48434099
>I would swear to god it is.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/188666-neverwinter-nights/cheats
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg (15KB, 240x198px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg
15KB, 240x198px
>>48434053
Howdy Justice, how're things over in your Jumps?

>>48434065
There is no cow level, Justice.

>>48434145
Needs a Ruling from the Jumpmaker at this point, I think.

Select the food.... Nothing but shoes.... Wut?
>>
>>48434145
Don't Players still run on game mechanics, though? I mean, there's still inventory's, some of Ainz's spells explicitly work off of numerical CP, there are menus, and NPCs can be resurrected with gold.
>>
>>48434139
>>48434108
This information, along with other tiny tidbits paint a picture, even if it's never outright stated.

>>48434162
>dm_cowsfromhell
I KNEW IT!

>>48434165
Well enough, started a new Chain focused around Gamer Mentality, and Minions.
>>
>>48434171
Yes and no. The LN and anime show at the beginning that in game constraints don't exist in the same way. A good example of this is how independent the NPCs are. Yes, they're fanatically loyal to AOO, Nazarick and the Supreme beings, but they don't act on the pure scripts they were programmed with. They can behave independently.

Ainz also comments more than a few times how different magic behaves in the New World as opposed to Yggdrasil. Its the same magic system, but there are little changes to it now that he's living it as opposed to playing it.
>>
>>48434051
Good idea, anon.

>>48434070
Anon, read my text, the Swords and Sorcery jump isn't setting specific like Fate, it's _genre_ specific. It's like the 80s Action Movie jump (which doesn't explain how the guns work) and the Generic Magical Girl jump (which doesn't explain how the monsters work), etcetera.

And I did help. I explained what S&S was about and even gave links and advice on where to search. So hurry up and get off my lawn.

>>48434080
No, you should ask, and if the replies aren't enough for you and you still want to know, _then_ you should go and do your own fucking research on _relevant_ subjects. Or you could just keep whining until somebody finds time to hand-feed you. Like this poster >>48434104 - make sure to at least thank to them.

>>48434102
>drivel
Or he could just go watch a single movie from those he was told about, and he could've been done by now.

>>48434130
The jump doesn't have a specific setting, anon, it's basically a mashup of S&S settings. You'll have to fanwank more than usual.
>>
>>48434201
>there are little changes to it now that he's living it as opposed to playing it.
Like how when he tries to take exp from enemy soldiers he kills he accidentally absorbs their souls and has a little "oops" moment.
>>
>>48434171
Yes.
Ainz literally cannot use normal weapons which are outside of his class abilities. As in the instant he tries to swing a sword it just falls out of his hand. He gets around this by using items created with magic (which he's able to wield normally).
>>
>>48434227
Okay, that's pretty funny in a horrible kind of way.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg (79KB, 753x597px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg
79KB, 753x597px
>>48434171
Ainz is noticeing more and more differences as he goes along. The menus are gone, unless he holds the Staff, the magic is intuitive now instead of a hotkey system or something, the people of the New World's Martial Arts system is only the tip of the Iceberg.
The first major example is when he creates that first Undead Knight and it used a body nearby, freaking Ainz out for an instant.

>>48434227
This is another good example.

>>48434186
Sounds cool.
>>
>>48434139
>http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/Job_Classes
>Base job classes can be leveled up to 15, high classes can be leveled up to 10, and rare classes, like World Champion or Eclipse, can only be leveled to 5.

I'm sure that doesn't appear anywhere in the novels.
>>
>>48434003
I asked Quicksilver directly about height once and he confirmed that bodymod doesn't nerf you of stuff you already have.
>>
>>48434226
So you can learn everything you need to know about magic in the entire genre from one movie? Even when the magic is not necessarily from any one series, they all share the exact same system? Wow, what amazing coordination between dozens of creators of fiction to manage that.
>>
>>48434227
You've got that. You've got him being surprised that the Death Knight summon doesn't make one appear out of thin air, but instead uses and transforms a corpse. So yeah, there's enough there to suggest that some mechanics work the way you'd expect, but there are others that are changed.

It isn't spelled out like a manual as to this mechanic is absolute and this isn't, but part of the story is Ainz figuring out how much of Yggdrasil is carried over into the New World.

>>48434246 makes a good point about class mechanics being firm. As said, though, there are other mechanics that are shown to be less absolute.
>>
>>48434267
Wait so if you take body mod after a jump anything before bodymod becomes locked?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg (56KB, 343x693px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg
56KB, 343x693px
>>48434267
Could you dig up a quote?
It's really the only way this is going to do anything more than just rotate in circles.
>>
>>48434186
>Starting new chains

What will happen to your Jumper? Did he completed his journey? Is he happy now? Or did you just forget about him?
>>
>>48434226
Generic magical girl explains its shit and 80s movies tend to take place in the real world.
>>
>>48434296
I have multiple chains going at once, I work on the one that interests me at the moment.
>>
File: dudewhat.jpg (168KB, 1185x720px) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.jpg
168KB, 1185x720px
>>48434275
They share enough similarities for a build and a brief writefag. If you're planning to write a damn novel about it, you should expect to have to do what other authors do: the damn research. Peace out.
>>
>>48434287
No.

When QS was asked about that the question was, more or less, what if I'm, me the person typing at this computer right now, am taller than average. Do I need to buy height to be my height as it is now?

QS answer was no, BodyMod does not nerf what you have /right now/. So look away from the screen, look at your body, and take stock. BodyMod does not nerf that.

BodyMod taken after a jump does not absorb the benefits of that or those prior jump or jumps.

In early jumpchain you had fewer characters and it was much more self insert. Keep that in mind as you look at BodyMod.
>>
>>48434309
Or we could wait for Worm instead of having to deal with assholish hacks like you. Ta ta arrogant fuckhead.
>>
>>48434226
>80s Action Movie jump (which doesn't explain how the guns work)

Are you fucking serious? Most people that live in the real world have at least a passing familiarity of what guns are and what they can do.

>Generic Magical Girl jump (which doesn't explain how the monsters work)

You fanwank it (and it's also based on a roll). What's important, though, is that it makes it clear what *you* can do.
>>
>>48434287
No, I mean as in stuff that you had before you started jumping.

>>48434293
Probably not. It was probably when bodymod initially came out and I probably wasn't namefagging at that point as I didn't most of the time. This was hundreds of threads ago.
>>
>>48433915
>Well, there's two interpretations.
>First, Pokemon is first and therefore anything you buy in Pokemon becomes your new base for Body Mod.
>Second is that Body Mod overrides Pokemon, so you start from 0, buy your way up to whatever you want in Body Mod

The way I read and play it has to do with the text in the Body Mod itself
>You can skip the Body Type, instead using your normal body as a base.

So you can buy a Body type, and that resets your body to that body type. If you do not choose a Body Type, then you can keep your base attributes if they are bigger than Zero. But you can't have both. Whether you got those stats by training or CP is irrelevant, as long as they are with human capability.

There is also a problem with the supplement because it says 0 is average and then charges 50 points for 20/20 vision, when 20/20 vision IS average. If your vision is worse than 20/20, you are below average.
>>
>>48434309
Except it tells me nothing about what I can actually do in the jump itself, there's enough variance that vagary is a legitimate problem, due to the ambiguity of what the jump gives you. This is a grey area where Worm actually should clear up, because we're all mostly wandering in the dark here.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg (109KB, 638x575px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg
109KB, 638x575px
>>48434296
Ah, that reminds me. My jumpchain ended just recently. I died during God of War and need to start again. Suggestions.

>>48434350
I'll sift through the archive for an hour or two whilst staying on board.
>>
>>48434370
Starting jump R-type.
>>
>>48434368
Nobody is wandering in the dark except for you. The rest of us are capable of extrapolating. If you aren't, then I guess you just can't play Jumpchain.
>>
>>48434350
Hey Cats, any thoughts on>>48434044 ?
>>
File: 1376816945554.jpg (40KB, 267x280px) Image search: [Google]
1376816945554.jpg
40KB, 267x280px
>>48434353
>If your vision is worse than 20/20, you are below average.
>>
>>48434400
>Rest
Speak for yourself. I'd like him to give an explanation too.
>>
>>48434400
What do you think Sword and Sorcery magic gives you? What do you wank that it can do?
>>
>>48434414
Pft, you're hoping he'll actually explain himself instead of telling you how stupid you are for not having read the entire genre? Get real man.
>>
>>48434387
What is R-Type? From what I've heard it's either hella deadly or hella strange but no one seems to agree.
>>
>>48434414
He's not going to give an actual answer. All he'll say is, "You'd know if you read the novels, pleb!!1!"
>>
>>48434400
I'm telling you right now, no matter what you think it gives you, it there is no valid basis that you'd actually be able to do any of thos things because the jump itself qualifies and quantifies nothing.
>>
>>48434368
>This is a grey area where Worm actually should clear up

And you know what that's gonna do?

That's gonna get Worm shat on by everybody who "suddenly got nerfed" by the explanation.

Recognition Of Patterns.
>>
>>48434293
>>48434370

https://yuki.la/tg/35318434#p35324592

KOTOR anon asking about it:

https://yuki.la/tg/35318434#p35324796

Quicksilver's response, being positive somewhat

I am looking more through the archive too. We might find stuff.

>>48434319
But that makes one think: "Don't people who are beef or /f/it before jumpchain have unfair advantage?" And I recall an answer in thread was "You get what you trained your body for in both pokemon and real life, NOT COUNTING THE PERK BOOSTS, as your base for bodymod
>>
>>48434414
Depending on what perks you purchase? Anything from a couple of tricks and minor spells to broad levels of arcane rituals and summoning and binding powers, with limited flashy tricks for when you have to zap a bitch. Oh, and hypnosis. Because the evil wizard always has hypnosis.
>>
>>48434353
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34310187/#q34325615
>>
>>48434430
R-type is a side scrolling shooter.

The setting is bonkers crazy though. Human science is of the wall powerful in that universe, and their enemies are just as bullshit.
>>
>>48434463
Or it does nothing because the jumpmaker's a hack who didn't explain anything.
>>
>>48434414
Throwing lightning, fireballs, turning people into animals, making a sword onto a snake, bringing statues to life. Its a lot like what you would see a wizard do in a heavy metal album. Actually daffy does a good job of it, watch him.

https://youtu.be/3Oe7Q8OCm5I
>>
Alright, Mighty is the Archive-Fu, or blind luck. I found a snippit from Kotor-Anon here >>35324592 and Quicksilver's reply here >>35324796.

>>48434458
The exact thing I found amazing!

>>48434469
Can you make it through with just what it give you?
>>
>>48434463
That's literally all wank. Nothing like that is described anywhere in the jump at any point, you just assumed on the basis of genre convention that in your own post you recognize is incredibly inconsistent between settings.
>>
>>48434458
>"Don't people who are beef or /f/it before jumpchain have unfair advantage?"
So unfair that we've spent years of our life training to improve our bodies.
>>
>>48434474
You're better off using 4plebs or another archive site, 4chan's in-house archive only goes back so far.
>>
>>48434463
>Anything from a couple of tricks and minor spells
Such as?

>broad levels of arcane rituals
That do what? On what scale?

>summoning and binding powers
What can you summon? What can *they* do?

>with limited flashy tricks
Such as?

>Oh, and hypnosis
Ah, so one actual answer of what you can be expected to do. Thank you, I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>48434458
See: >>48434458

Also, re: real life giving an advantage. That's just how that works. There are jumpers with real life experience that does provide them an advantage if they're doing a SI chain. It's not a TTG so it doesn't need to have a zero sum balance.
>>
>>48434474
Yeah. You'd be able to survive ten years at least, with the perks from the jump as long as you don't take tonnes of drawbacks.
>>
>>48434370
Looking through the thread of conversation you were right about Pokemon as far as I know. Reduced to bodymod level doesn't include Pokemon stuff as bodymod level doesn't incorporate everything that comes before it.

You don't HAVE to do bodymod immediately after Pokemon, it's just recommended as it gives you some extra shit and you don't have to do anything to get it. Otherwise you could just stick Harry Potter magic in before it and claim that your bodymod body includes magic.

It definitely is the case that you don't have to pay for 20/20 vision if you already had it though.

>>48434044
Nope and I pretty much only say that because Voldermort describes himself as "less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost".
>>
>>48434463
>>48434473
Gosh, wouldn't it have been nice if people were as fair as you two and just took the couple of seconds to say this at the start, instead of having that asshole talk down to everyone that asked for not having read and watched all the material themselves?
>>
>>48434514
Mispelled Voldemort again.

God damn it.
>>
>>48434514
Hmm. Could I set up some kind of pre-cast ritual, then fly there and revive?
>>
>>48434499
Got it, you're an autist.
>>
>>48434535
If you could I'm guessing he would have done that.
>>
>>48434436
>suddenly got nerfed
I can't be nerfed on the basis that I don't even know what I'm capable of doing to begin with. If you aren't told you're able to do something, without reasonable basis for extrapolation, it's best to assume that you can't.
>>
>>48434545
>Implying Voldemort is the high of competence.
>>
>>48434519
Maybe but people are often overly defensive on here, its just 4chan I guess. 80s sword and sorcery wizards could do some cool stuff because they often got thrown in as the enemy of the main character and ran on rule of cool.
>>
>>48434552
Just because you don't doesn't mean other assholes won't suddenly lash out.
>>
>>48434498
Okay.

>>48434507
Sure, I'll look into it real quick and I'll post my build in a bit.

>>48434473
That was way too epic to be a loony tunes thing but dang has it improved since the reruns back in the 90's..
>>
The Sword and Sorcery discussion is bait. It may not have started that way, but it is now purely fodder for a shitstorm. Read through the thread and see how many posts are just bitching about how Worm is a horrible piece of shit.

Ignore the S&S discussion for the time being.
>>
>>48434540
>wanting an explanation is autism
>>
>>48434545
Yeeeah... I'm gonna have to disagree on that, because seemed like he was /really/ sure of his own invulnerability. It probably didn't even occur to him.

Also this >>48434560
>>
>>48434560
He clearly thought he was going to get killed and assumed it would happen several times given all the Horcruxes.

Plus he really isn't into relying on others to help him so if he could have done it on his own I'm guessing he would have looked into it.
>>
>>48434540
No, it's more like your a politician who gives non-answers such as "Lower the national debt!" that are so vague as to be nearly meaningless. Then you act as if the one that you do give somehow enhances the quality of all the others.
>>
>>48434582
It is when you won't just take the explanation the thread gives you on what the jump would give you.
>>
>>48434514
>>48434500
>>48434496
>>48434474

See, the issue is that the bodymod is not fair to people who are, for example missing a leg. WE couldn't have done a leg day, so our leg body strength is shit. What about people who couldn't exercise because of health problems?

What about Senses? In most cases, you are born that way or such. If a person is nearly blind or has shit vision in real life, they couldn't train it, and they are at disadvantage compraed to people who had 20/20 vision before jumpchain.
>>
>>48434488
Wrong. Working with spirits is one 300, making magic items and using them to conduct sorcerous rituals is the other 300. Calling up massive horrific spirits is one 600. Meanwhile, the minor tricks are one of the 100.
>>
>>48434473
That clips shows "high fantasy" sorcery, not "swords and sorcery" sorcery. The latter is what you find in movies like Conan and Red Sonja or what this guy said: >>48434104
>>
>>48434514
>>48434500
>>48434496
>>48434474

Which is why people should have chance to train in their first jump, with bodymod not including anything the perks or such grant you, but your Bodymod base body would benefit from the training you did. No magic, no anything, but if you lifted, you still spent effort to make your body better, like people who lift in real life.
>>
>>48434353
There's also a problem with the supplement because it jumps between absolute measurements and relative ones.
>Strength 1 & 2
Lift 180 and 250 respectively
>Strength 3 & 4
>2x your weight and 3x weight (easily) respectively
In what universe does this progress actually make sense?

Can we all agree that Body Mod is kinda ridiculous?
>>
>>48434613
BodyMod brings up you up to normal for free. It doesn't leave you in the broken form you're currently in.

Like me. I used to be fit as fuck, but then I got hurt. I didn't have to wear glasses all my life, but now I do. Guess what, BodyMod doesn't take me back to my peak but it gets me back to normal and functional. That's perfectly fine.
>>
>>48434613
Life isn't fair. I have to pay for perks to learn how to make electronics, because I don't know how to do that.
>>
>>48434575
>Read through the thread and see how many posts are just bitching about how Worm is a horrible piece of shit.

Literally none of them.

>The Sword and Sorcery discussion is bait.
I'm rather inclined to believe that it's you are the one who's baiting.
>>
>>48434638
You mean one of the very first things made for this community, 3 or so years ago and by a guy who was just figuring out how to start this whole thing, isn't terrifically great quality? Yeah. Not hard to figure out.
>>
>>48434630
Swords and sorcery has all the stuff high fantasy does though. It even includes summoning dead gods and cthulhu and starspawn but somehow killing them with a sword. Conan gets into this a lot, I personally like krull the conquerer better with its perverted ice god and demon bitch queen.
>>
>>48434514
>Looking through the thread of conversation you were right about Pokemon as far as I know. Reduced to bodymod level doesn't include Pokemon stuff as bodymod level doesn't incorporate everything that comes before it.
Yes it does, it's just not automatic. Bodymod has an option to not alter your body and retain what you already have. If you've taken Pokemon before it, that would include the effects of the physical fitness perk.
>>
>>48434618
All assumptions. None of what you claimed as being able to do is explained in the jump. You just assume that that's how it works or what you gained from it because you're familiar with the genre convention, there's nothing in the jump itself that qualifies any of that or quantifies how strong those abilities actually are.
>>
>>48434668
>perverted ice god and demon bitch queen
Go on.
>>
>>48434673
The more you keep going the less likely you're going to get any kind of ruling. Don't get so worked up arguing about it that you make the subject matter itself toxic. If you truly don't care for what that anon has to say, why are you still replying to him?
>>
>>48434613
Pokemon gives you a normal body. Get fit there.
>>
>>48434597
I'd argue that he was confidant in being immortal with one Horcrux
He just wanted six because he's a drama queen. And possibly thought it would make him more STRONK.
>>
>>48434631
There are between 500 and 600 jumps on the drive, many if not most of them offer opportunities to buy your way to physical perfection. There is no need to change Bodymod.

>>48434638
Early portions of jumpchain had issues, but they're an artifact of how and where this place came from. No need to change them, as you can branch out in hundreds of ways from where things began.
>>
>>48434691
He has to win.
>>
>>48434672
>If you've taken Pokemon before it, that would include the effects of the physical fitness perk.
No. See: >>48434466
>>
>>48434698
There are Jumps that go "no perks, body mod only." That's why I just ignore those and reinterpret them as "you lose anything above peak human and any supernatural abilities you have." Because it's just silly to base things on how you picked them in one out of 600 Jumps.
>>
>>48434665
You know…
Quicksilver is still around.
He could update it.

Dude was perfectly okay with dropping a completed jump in the thread with no warning, without saying anything, and without a claim, when two other jumpmakers were already working on the same jump. Giving his older stuff an overhaul is the least he could do.
>>
>>48434695
That is what I'm trying to say. Pokemon gives you a regular body if you were crippled before, not Bodymod.

Why can't you get fit in Pokemon?

>>48434665
>>48434638
>>48434640
>>48434650
>>
Just a couple more weeks until summer is over. Hold on, folks.
>>
>>48434708
That doesn't contradict anything I said. All it says is that the enhancements from Body Mod don't add to Physical Fitness if you have it.
>>
>>48434728
>Two jumpmakers
Who posted no claim either and just whined about it afterwards. Don't pull this shit man. I'll give you that the fact that he never answered any feedback is shitty and I think should've kept his jump off the drive until he did in fact deign to speak here, but he's at no fault for anything involving claims or warnings.
>>
>>48434689
Demon godess (I think) becomes queen and krull becomes king by his own axe inpressing the old king. Theres a whole unholy fire thing that can only be extinguished by the breath of valka the god, the only way to get his breath is stand in front of his giant carved face in an ice cavern as a naked woman with a great rack, the eyes are situated to look at the boobs. The oce breath comes from the statue mouth and enters the woman making her have frost bight and put out fires by proximity.
>>
>>48434668
Yeah, it has that, but in S&S the high end stuff is all done via complicated rituals at moonrise and shit - instead Daffy just casually waves his staff.
>>
>>48434726
>>48434730
So houserule it and be done with it. Literally no one will come to your house and audit your jumpchain file. Lots of people have houserules and wanks they don't talk about. That's a community accepted practice so long as you don't shove it in peoples faces and cry about how it should be the standard.
>>
>>48434736
I know, then you'll finally be gone. It'll be fantastic and everything will be sunshine and rainbows here. And puppies. Can't forget the puppies.
>>
>>48434691
If there isn't any clarification on what the perks and what not in that jump give, then they effectively do nothing at all because of how vague they are. You can say that they do things, but those are all apropos of nothing, assumptions that aren't applicable realistically without being called a powerwanker.
>>
>Possibly, though people who take it early can skip over physical fitness because Body Mod's max tier provides about the same thing. Assume that Physical fitness provides the same thing as Top tier Body Mod strength and mid-tier endurance. I kinda overstated it when I said near captain america strong. It was my first CYOA and I had no real sense of balance or making things equal.

Ah, Quicksilver. http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34310187/#34325890
>>
>>48434808
That's not what I said. I told you that by arguing you're making it unlikely that you'll get a ruling, and not to reply to an anon if you don't care about his opinion.
>>
File: 24c.jpg (93KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
24c.jpg
93KB, 625x626px
>>
>>48434736
I'll be busy too so that'll suck, but yeah, things will finally calm down.
>>
>>48434808
Look. Worm doesn't have to clarify anything, and the more you ask for clarification, the more you incline the thread to ignore you in favor of just accepting the descriptions and explanation given.

If you don't like it, then don't take the jump.
>>
>>48434405
I'm sorry Batman, it is what it is.
>If you have 20/20 vision, you can see clearly at 20 feet what should normally be seen at that distance.
>what should normally be seen
>normally
>>
>>48434697
You don't make 6 horcruxes and hide them all/protect them magically unless A) you're worried about dying and B) you're worried that other people are going to be the cause of your death.

He clearly acknowledged that people were going to try to kill him and that eventually something would unless he had failsafes. It's extremely likely he knew how to do the ritual before he died as well as Wormtail wouldn't know and probably wouldn't have access to the sort of texts/people required to learn it.

Plus some of the Death Eaters had faith he would come back implying that he probably indicated at some point that if he died it wouldn't kill him.

I mean he was incredibly conceited and really bad at hiding stuff but I'm pretty sure that if he could have skipped the whole "baby being dropped into a cauldron full of bones and shit" part of his life he probably would have done.
>>
>>48434769
Just saying if he can do all that, and no one really seems to mind, then he should fix some of his wonky older stuff.
>>
>>48434736
I know ninth grade sounds scary, but I'm sure you'll be fine Timmy.
>>
>>48434868
If he gives a shit, I'm sure he'll do so.

That's just it, Doom 2016 was made on request from a friend that he honestly gave a shit about, whereas for the rest of /jc/ I don't think he has enough fucks.
>>
>>48434788
And then when I try to talk about my build people will say it's Badwrongfun

I'd rather be sure
>>
>>48434928
Well that's just asinine, why shouldn't he give a fuck?
>>
>>48434856
You know that leads to people just wholesale ignoring the jump right? If nobody can actually use what the jump has to offer because no one knows what it actually does or how strong it is, then nobody here will go there.

People like to be sure of what they're capable of, and if you encourage them come to their own arbitrary conclusions, all that leads to is huge No Limits facilities and people ignoring it because they don't have anything to base valid conclusions off of.
>>
Drama about bodymod of all things, it's pretty obviously just trying to pick fights.
>>
>>48434968
People already have builds for it, though.

In fact, post S&S builds.
>>
>>48434990
Yup
>>
File: 'Somewhere' R-Type.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
'Somewhere' R-Type.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
Jump 001: R-Type
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Auto-Scrolling [+100]
Origin: Researcher
Perks:
In the Hunt [-100]
The Drifting Specks of Light [-100]
Basking in the Summer Sun [-100]
I greeted the seagulls [-200]
R-Type [Free]
K-Type [-100]
Bydo Lab Cheif [-200]
Renaissance Man [-300]
Spacecraft:
R-9A Arrowhead [Free]
R-9JC Custom [Free]
Launch Bay [Free]
Companions: None
Items: None

Roll 1d100
>>
>>48434968
S&S is an awesome Jump, though. People regularly name it as one of their favorite Jumps. Literally the only people who have complained about it are you and the other "I can't do anything because it's too vague!" spergs. So I vote he continues not clarifying because it's so good all he can do is make it less fun.
>>
>>48435008
Do people actually use the perks they get from there for anything?
>>
Are there any steeds that "scale" to your level? There's not much point in riding a mundane horse when I can run faster than it for weeks on end.
>>
>>48435008
>In fact, post S&S builds.
Sword and Sorcery

LOC: Land of Steel
Drop In: 23
To Truly Live
A Well Traveled Road
Call to Greatness
Lost and Forgotten
The Heart of Man
The Making of Myth

Items:
A Wanderer's Cloak

I love the Drop In tree from S&S. It doesn't have the raw power of the other trees, but it's great for setting up your own myth to carry over into other worlds. That and I think that, thematically, its a great fit for Jumpchain as it is all about being a stranger in a strange land.

Anyone have a neat thief build? That tree looked pretty sweet, too. I loves magic, but I don't want to turn into a snake so I didn't go for that. The warrior tree was neat, but I rarely sword people to death, so it didn't make a ton of sense for my build.
>>
>>48435059
Just get a pokemon partner that you can ride, like a Rapidash.
>>
Jumpers can you please stop traumatizing the Protagonists of settings? They have enough trouble dealing with the plot of their world. They don't need a Multiverse Cheshire cat traumatizing them and their friends.
>>
>>48435008
I went there just for the twenty companions in one deal, which honestly, are the only part of the jump worth anything for me.

I don't feel confident citing or relying on any of the other perks in the jump for doing anything in other settings or for any combos.
>>
>>48435077
Sorry anon I can't hear you over the sound of dropping a moon on top of Nazarick please try again later.

I am attempting to blaze through Boktai and Elfen Lied in the same day. I will finish something if it kills me, damn it!
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg (158KB, 688x729px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg
158KB, 688x729px
I'm going out for a bit but once I get back I'll look Jumpchain up. Stay golden guys.
>>
>>48435074
Arcanine if by land, Lapras if by see.

Pidgeot in the air I guess.
>>
>>48435056
Yeah, I use it for tons of stuff. The Making of Myths is my go-to perk for "fuck you ancient asshole bragging about being an ancient asshole" (it comes up more often than you'd think). The 300CP Sorcerer perks are great for my preferred type of slow, craftsman-focused magic. Summoning and binding spirits has been one of my favorite ideas ever since reading Shaman King way back in the day, and making magic charms and artifacts appeals to the engineer in me. And The Heart of Man is wonderful just for helping me by a happy, well-adjusted person, which is probably the biggest real threat to a sufficiently powerful jumper.
>>
>>48435100
Arcanine is the fucking best. Perfect hugs.
>>
>>48435059
There's a horse in Generic Western that no matter how fast or enduring you are is always a better option than traveling on foot. It can also carry your weight no matter how massive you are, too, so this is potentially a fucking RIPPED horse.
>>
>>48435092
Do you retain your diclonius horns post-jump, or do they go away? They look like fucking cat-ears.

What about power entropy?
>>
File: sorcerer.jpg (173KB, 706x1131px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer.jpg
173KB, 706x1131px
>>48435008
Sure, here's mine.

The Kingdom in the Crescent
Age 26
Sorcerer/Sorceress [50]
>perks:
To Truly Live [100]
One of the Wise [Free]
The Arcane Craft [150]
Grandeur and Allure [400]
>items:
An Occult Tome [Free]
A Weight Upon the Brow [600]
Eye of Set [300]
>drawbacks:
A Cruel World [+100]
The Nail That Sticks Up [+200]
The Plaything of Your Betters [+300]

So, cruel world, people trying to screw with me, and gods screwing with me... But atleast I'm fucking awesome.

Also, can I just say this is one of my favorite jumps?
>>
>>48435092
Can we be those super powered death lolis in that jump?
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 768x1024px
>>48435116
Aye.
>>
>>48435136
>elf ears
>>
>>48435120
It becomes an altform, though you can access vectors freely post-jump. And if you're referring to the whole 'start melting if I use vectors too hard', that's an inherent limitation, but it has a softcap - so long as you're not stupid and train them effectively, you can improve your vectors and use them longer without danger of destroying yourself.

>>48435131
Yup. Diclonius background will be a thing.
>>
>>48435117
Oh, damn. Thanks.
>>
>>48434968
Any change at all will be a determent because jump is perfect already. You don't need clarification whiner, you're just a shitposter trying to shit on Worm.
>>
>>48435149
>not wanting to nibble and tug on elf ears
What are you, gay?
>>
>>48435136
That is some powerful fluff.
>>
>>48435185
>wanting filthy elf ears
>Not the superior dog ears.
Fuck you.
>>
>>48435195
Calm down anon, maybe he doesn't want hair in his mouth.
>>
File: 1469307659675.png (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469307659675.png
96KB, 400x400px
>>48435200
>>
>>48435155
Can I request to be able to choose to have the horns in other forms too, or toggle it? Because having cat-ear horns in random forms seems fun to me.
>>
>>48434968
I totally use it all the time though. I used one of the magic capstones to create a monster that killed everyone forever including Scion in Worm, just now in fact. Isn't the fact that there's nothing in the jump to actually qualify or quantify what it can and can't do just the best? Isn't it fucking great though?
>>
File: supakawaii.gif (930KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
supakawaii.gif
930KB, 500x281px
>>48435008
Drawbacks: Tattered Veil, The Envy of Your Lessers (1600)

Rolled The Land of Steel

Sorcerer, Age 28 (1550)

One of the Wise (Free)
A Scholar’s Treasure (1500)
To Treat With Spirits (1350)
The Arcane Craft (1200)
To Call Forth (900)
Cast Aside This Vessel (600)
An Occult Tome (Free)
A Weight Upon The Brow (0)

I...may have reacted with such disgust to the whole barbarianism thing I ended up using copious amounts of Precursortech, songstone, femtomachines and applied energistics to build an empire of clarktech. It was actually not dissimilar to the standard take-over-the-world sorcerer plots except I actually got a decent state welfare plan going, and instead of doing demon summoning with pentacles and dead goats I employed programmers trained in Devil Survivor's demon summoning program to patch in lots of binary mystic legalese, incidentally making the process MUCH safer.

And yeah. What can I say, I figured I might as well adopt the local dress code instead of being a skinny shadow stickman. When in Rome, etc.

Some of my companions insisted I needed a scantily clad sorceress on one arm to complete the god-king look for some reason. I'm pretty sure Morathi and Glory just wanted an excuse to blast people with shadow curses while naked and high on space cocaine, though.

And instead of orcs and foreigners, my dread army was comprised of robots and digital robots. Much more hygienic.

Funny thing, in canon Conan apparently retired by...introducing civilisation to the Mayans after sailing around the world. He's actually pretty clever in the original novels. I imagine we'd have had some pretty interesting conversations about the philosophical differences between barbarianism and civilisation, in between him trying to break all of my stuff.
>>
Can someone please elaborate on the World of Darkness demonology? What possible sacrifices are there? Does one get some sort of irreversible mark after the deal? How powerful are the trait bonuses?

Etc.
>>
>>48435136
I'm not certain what this is, but I'll take a dozen and am interested in purchasing franchise rights to produce my own.
>>
>>48434928
That's pretty shitty behaviour man.
How is everyone here cool with that?

I understand he was butthurt about /jc/ growing beyond his control, but damn.
>>
>>48435219
I can change the perk so it can be freely turned on and off for other forms, sure.
>>
>>48435227
It's an Arcanine.
Or was, depending on how tpyou fanwank companion imports.
>>
>>48435224
Hold up, let me get my copy of Inferno, I'll look it up.
>>
>>48435238
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>48435231
To be fair even I don't think you're obliged to think of us as friends worth giving a shit about.
>>
>>48435222
Isn't it though? I love it. Worm_Anon shouldn't change anything.
>>
>>48435227
It's a fire shisa turned into a humanoid girl, of course.
>>
>>48435231
Given the abuse he was put through in /jc/'s early years and whenever he disagreed with the direction it was going, I can't blame the guy.
>>
>>48435244
Thanks! All I could find was the Old World stuff, pretty dire on that front.
>>
>>48435231
He got bored, and walked away from the active posting. And that's his right, as it would be for anyone else.

Not to mention, it's not like he never visits.
>>
>>48435273
A reminder that he told Aionon to blame the changes to Crimson Saint on him, because he pretty much said his name was worth shit in this community.
>>
>>48435251
Okay, but if literally anyone else did that, the thread would have torn them apart.
Yet Quicksilver passes through with scarcely a ripple. Just seems unfair to me.

>>48435273
So if a jumpmaker gets shit on long enough they get a license to do whatever they want?
Like ignoring the most basic of rules here, like letting the fucking thread know that you're working on something, answering questions about stuff you put out, and the like?

It's not like he's gone; he's here every day. You've probably talked to him as an anon more than once.

But he only puts on his trip for stupid shit, or to laugh in face of any semblance of order or organization we have her…

I wonder…
Could Quicksilver be one of the shitposters? Trying to destroy the Frankensteinian abomination he created so long ago?

Does he regret /jc/?
>>
>>48435330
>Does he regret /jc/?
Yes. He has said so before.
>>
How buff you could get in one year of intense training... At least in terms of BodyMod stats.

Trying a different approach, a heads up by benefactor before Jumpchain starts so I can work out to have it apply to BodyMod base if I don't slack off during Pokemon
>>
>>48435362
> "Jumpchain was a mistake"
> - Quicksilver
>>
File: 1467178629479.png (934KB, 869x609px) Image search: [Google]
1467178629479.png
934KB, 869x609px
Hey, I'm working on an In Nomine jump, and wanted to get some feedback on what I've got so far. I can't really do the normal single perk tree for each origin working up from 100CP to 600CP, so instead I'm offering a bunch of smaller powers from the setting. I don't want to be the guy who puts in vague perks and just tells people to read the sourcebooks, but I also don't want to drown people in a billion worthless perks and on the third hand I don't want to get rid of all the different kinds of unique powers (most of which are in the form of one per combination of angel/demon type and Archangel/Demon Prince.) Advice or comments on my perk structure or CP prices are welcome.

http://pastebin.com/2aNSk6VP
>>
>>48435222
Bring it up the next time Worm shows up so he can actually hear your criticism and can maybe actually do anything about it. If nothing else, he can give real rulings on what you want clarified so you don't feel like you have to make shit up.
>>
>>48435330
>So if a jumpmaker gets shit on long enough they get a license to do whatever they want?

Less the license, and more the belief "Oh, I'm going to catch almighty hell no matter what the fuck i do, so you know what, fuck it."

>>48435297 has it down - he turned himself into a scapegoat so that Aionon didn't get shat on because he fucking recognized the community had no respect for him.
>>
>>48435398
>I can't really do the normal single perk tree for each origin working up from 100CP to 600CP
What, why?
>>
File: image.jpg (385KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385KB, 900x1366px
>>48435059
You could always get a companion to serve as your mount. Transformer with Altmode of an anti-grav bike for instance, then go into places like Arrowverse. Then give said companion Super Speed, and then import said companion into other jumps with super speed. Now you're going fast, like real fast yo.

Alternative you can steal Hot Pursuit's bike. It's connected to the speed force. but that might only work in DC.
>>
Can we not do this. I mean seriously it may not be purposeful bait or shitposting but come on lets at least try to raise the quality of posts for one day. Please.
>>
>>48435432
Nah, it's definitely shitposting. As in, you're definitely shitposting right now, and the only one shitposting right now.
>>
File: 1463405413212.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463405413212.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>48435432
>it may not be purposeful bait or shitposting
>>
>>48435429
I love how angry all the flashes look while motorcycle man just seems confused.
>>
>>48435283
Okay, so Minor sacrifices limit potential. Against someone else they cause harm but nothing inherently irreversible. Upon yourself they let the demon demand a minor service of you, but you can place conditions.

Major sacrifices strip away traits. Against others they're serious harm that can damage their life for good. Upon yourself it's things like losing a capability or being in permanent service to the demon.

Deadly sacrifices are the classic selling your soul bit. You're gone, once the debt is called in. You can sell others, though, if you can get ownership of them.

Now, these all take different forms depending on the demon you're dealing with. The book has a lot of examples. Like, a Minor sacrifice to a demon of Envy might just require you to win a contest and be a poor sport. A Major one would be to maim someone you're envious of. And a Deadly one would be to kill someone's lover (that you also desired) in front of them while dedicating the kill in ritual fashion to the demon. Though again, just examples, any given Envy demon might want something different.

Now, you don't get any sort of "Witch's Teat" mark, unless that was part of the sacrifice. But magic might be able to see you've dabbled in infernal power, especially if you bargained for increased mystical power. Which brings me to what bargains can get you. Obviously the strength of the pact is determined by the sacrifices you make. What a demon can give you is dependent on what sort of demon it is, though. It takes less energy for a demon of Wrath to make you a better fighter than it does for it to make you more handsome. But in general, any trait can be raised, up to the human maximum. If you're already that strong, they can give you supernatural powers, either raising your supernatural strength (dots of your power stat, in WoD terms) or giving you unique abilities based on their sin. Nothing too strong, but still some neat little tricks.
>>
>>48435396
That's kind of sad to hear but I can't really say I am surprised. Ah well I am still grateful he created the thing. It's been fun.
>>
>>48435398
Try next thread, we're on page 10 right now and it won't be too long until we fall off the board, I'll give it only an hour at most.
>>
>>48435420
There's nothing in the setting that can be broken up in that way. I could maybe do something like 200 Choir Attunement 400 Servitor Attunement 600 Distinctions, but that's so vague that you'd have to go to the source books to actually know what you just bought. Destiny's power to let you into any database is completely different than Fire's ability to entrance people with flame, and there's no way to abstract it.
>>
>>48435432
No.

Top or bottom Jumpers?
>>
>>48435501
Charm. You're asking about our favorite type of quark, right?
>>
>>48435493
>that's so vague that you'd have to go to the source books to actually know what you just bought
Not necessarily. It's all about how much you quantify and qualify it in the text itself.
>>
File: ultrafuckinglewd.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ultrafuckinglewd.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
>>48435501
>Top
Always.
>>
>>48435405
>turned himself into a scapegoat so that Aionon didn't get shat on because he fucking recognized the community had no respect for him.
Won't work on me. I've only been around since 500.
I've been doing my utmost to be an impartial judge in my observations.

Quicksilver come across as a troll now. I'm sure that's not his intention, but that's how it seems.
If he's reading this, I strongly suggest that gets over himself, and sees that /jc/ isn't that bad. Get a little more personable. Lighten up.
>>
>>48435522
Yeah sure, let's go with that
>>
>>48435056
Do you not? Basically every Drop-In perk and most of the others are pure gold. A couple of favorites are A Scholar's Treasure (knowledge-centric loot perk), Lost and Forgotten (creates adventure settings for you which don't exist in the original media), A Cry of Thunder (mix with Thu'um or any other vocal perk, shake well, and enjoy), For Want of a Nail (epic common sense perk), and The Heart of Man (game best perk for insuring you stay yourself because it lets you become better but not worse).
>>
>>48435530
Can you take a look at the perks I have and offer some suggestions for how to condense them like that? I'd love to be able to offer generic perks like that but I'm really not sure how to give something specific enough that actually captures the diversity of powers you might get.
>>
>>48435429
Manyfist, can you purchase "Metahuman" from Arrowverse more than once, to get an additional 1000 MP for 600cp? The notes don't say anything one way or the other.
>>
>>48435432
I wish, but he's not reasonable
>>
>>48435544
>I strongly suggest that gets over himself

I could say this about so many fucking people in the community you have no idea.
>>
>>48435472
So too much for too little, in a true demonic fashion. Thank you kindly.
>>
>>48435493
There are a lot of different ways to handle it. Take notice of things like power tables which get their own points, or how overlord had class skills, or the way Mage handled Arcanum and Gnosis as separate from the perks.
>>
>>48435330
I don't know if he regrets it, but the entire reason why he left was because the scope and powerlevel of jc ended up becoming way beyond what he intended.
>>
File: image.jpg (435KB, 695x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435KB, 695x600px
>>48435565
No. It's a one time purchase.
>>
>>48435623
Okay, thenkas.
>>
>>48434650
>Life isn't fair. I have to pay for perks to learn how to make electronics, because I don't know how to do that.
You can, you do not have to. I took Savant for the Eiditic Memory and Reflexes, Aura and Psionics in first jump because those might need innate ability I lacked, and just studied electronics and Poke science without spending CP.
A jump is ten years after all.
>>
>>48435563
Okay, so, my idea is to do something like a few purchasable perk boosters/modifiers that handle what you want to do with less bloat. Kind of like multiple levels of purchasable origins/backgrounds.
>>
>>48435584
You're welcome, anon.
>>
>>48435614
>>48435662

Just ignore the bait you idiots.
>>
>>48435658
>actually DOING anything during the ten-year tenure

What are you, a filthy Saracen?
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 900x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 900x460px
>>48435619
To be fair he only intended JC to be a small number of CYOAs that he made himself. It was going to be focus more on the adventure aspect. Ending with Dragonball because that was in his mind "end all, be all" in power level.

It grew really popular, and was kicked to it's own thread. Soon more and more people decided it was cool to make a CYOA in this style. What happens as always the creator of it was kinda left in the dust.

He hangs out in IRC and it's too bad that the drama drove him away from the threads. At times I wonder why anyone would make content, especially when you get folks screaming at you for anything you put out.

>>48435629
NP.
>>
>>48435658
But then you didn't spend ten years working out and getting in shape for free Body Mod shit.
>>
>>48435619
That's the entire reason, not the way people treated him? I mean. I remember people were pretty shameful to him. I don't think I would have wanted to hang around if I had to deal with that either.
>>
>>48435687
That jumpmaker doesn't even have a name and you're targeting him already.
>>
Every summer this guy tries to do the whole 'guilt trip about QS the thread should die' shit. It's annoying how you can spot the shitposter's patterns if you're here long enough.
>>
>>48435662
I sort of have something like that for the Distinctions, where you buy it multiple times to rise higher in the hierarchy. The problem comes in that powers usually aren't boosts to older powers, but rather totally new things.

Destiny starts out being able to see past lives or teleport yourself where you're most needed, and goes up through perfect memory for all text you ever see, then greater knowledge, then another Choir's Resonance. I suppose I could combine the Attunement perks the way I did for the Rites and Songs.
>>
>>48435698
Stop complaining about us being assholes. Don't you know that you're supposed to just take it and smile? You make us shit, we whine about it not being perfect, throw tantrums until you fix it, twist your writing into pretzels to fit our wanking, ignore any limits you impose on us, and try to drive you off. That's the Jumpchain way!
>>
>>48435736
Pretty much. Summer is always shit, inb4m00tgraphic, but this has been shitty for a summer. Thankfully things start calming down in mid August and it continues to taper through September. By late September, early October, we're back on track.
>>
>>48435750
This attitude of treating everyone from another group like monsters is completely wrong, anon. You inspire the infighting you're complaining about by doing that.
>>
>>48435766
But in this case the other group is monsters.
>>
>>48435757
To be fair, our "back on track" is just a lesser form of what this Summer's brought.
>>
>>48435797
MUCH lesser thankfully. The stupid shit only happens once every three threads or less, depending.
>>
>>48435741
My suggestion was more like having it be like how some jumps just have outright perks that do nothing but modify/improve other perks.

What you're saying is more like Gnosis and Arcanum rolled together into one, perks that you can buy multiple times to make them better in themselves.
>>
>>48435766
>It's so much better when it's not summer guys! Right?
It's always been this way.
>>
>>48435812
Also the shitstorms are more interesting. They're genuine autism and screaming that can sometimes lead to learning things, whereas summer is all about people just shitposting in jumpchain because they don't like jumpchain.
>>
>>48435846
Dude, most of summer's shitstorms are like that, you're just more liable to dismiss the autism as bait than you are at any other time of the year.
>>
>>48435741
Also, my suggestion was to have multiple purchasable boosters/modifiers, rather than one that you could purchase multiple times.
>>
>>48435832
>>48435916
I'm not sure how to write a generic booster like that, though, since the majority of things are adding totally new powers unrelated to anything you already have, so what would I be boosting? I've have to write out each individual new power, which isn't any better than having them as their own perk.
>>
>>48435883
C'mon, man. Most of the shitstorms we've had this summer have started with someone referencing a jump maker, calling them cancer, and going on and on about how the community is / would be better without them.

That's just bait.

Then there's the shitstorms that pick an old jump, or an artifact from an old jumpchain bit, and ride that until it becomes the above.

That is bait.

Those two above account for the vast majority of our summer shistorms. Granted, we do get some good arguments that lead in interesting places aside from that, but they're fewer by volume, shorter, and less intense than the two types of shitstorms I referenced above.
>>
>>48435845
You wish.
>>
>>48435973
There've been some creative bait arguments as well. Picking something from a newer jump and constantly spamming misinformation about it has made it's share of shitstorms.
>>
>>48435048
>People regularly name it as one of their favorite Jumps.
It is mine. It is near perfect.
My only complaints are that if you go Full origin (All of that origins Perks and Items) it takes 1,600 CP so there is nothing left, so you cannot choose a Location or get a companion.

The 20 followers companion is nice, but I think it would be better if they were not companions at all. Not counted against companion Limits, but no importing them to give them abilities either. They would just be inserted into your history like your other gear/properties you bring with you.

What I really like about it is the S&S magic system has 100 CP options you can invest in to teach your self magic over time.

The Making of Myth Insertion option is classic. I like to collect those so even my Drop In's are effectively inserted into the world. Jojo for the ID, and this for "Fuck, someone suspiciously like this guy is all over the archaeological record of 7 Continents. How in the hell did he even Antarctica 5,000 years ago? No one piss off the guy who may or may not be a millennia old god!"

The Soul-bound Warriors Crown and Map to places that never were are amazing. The Thief's Ring of Three Djinn is something I wish I could afford no matter the origin, even though it is basically just 3 stealthy servants with some tricks. Because packaging matters.

The Wanderers Cloak is really good for a 100 CP Item.
I like to buy it, An Occult Tome (Amazing Item), and the Thief's Satchel and Mighty Blade (If I have extra CP) to duplicate (Cheat Mode, Magic crafting, etc) for my companions, because they shift over time to suit the owner better.
>>
>>48435969
Again, look at Gnosis and Arcanum from MtA for an example of one way to do it, and fold them together into one thing where buying it multiple times gives you the new abilities instead of just circumventing that to cheery pick among abilities. You seem to have that handled.
>>
>>48435396
Well. He's not wrong.
>>
>>48436090
For my money Sword and Sorcery has the best Drop In tree in jumpchain. It's perfect for the jump and its amazing to use in other jumps.
>>
>>48436090
>It is near perfect.
It really isn't even close to perfect.
It's vague as shit, man. You can't use that shit without looking like a powerwanking asshole, no matter what you pretend it does, the descriptions are so vague.
>>
>>48435452
What does this picture even mean?
Thread posts: 666
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.