[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG draft chaff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1569_cube3.jpg (119KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1569_cube3.jpg
119KB, 670x503px
What is the best way to get rid of commons, uncommons and craprares? I've accumulated several thousands of shitty useless cards over the year and looking at online selling sites like ebay I see dozens of people offering their giant collection and noone paying attention.

I could probably sell the craprares in bulk but I feel like I should just fucking burn all these commons by now. Has any of you ever successfully gotten rid of your draft chaff, perhaps even gotten some money for it?
>>
I made a bunch of decks with the mechanically simple cards and gave them to the FLGS to hand out to kids interested in the game.
>>
File: Box 001 (Large).jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Box 001 (Large).jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
just donate it to new players.
>>
>>48417907
Hold onto bulk rares and trade them in to a vendor at a GP. They'll give you like 10¢ per card. Adds up fast. Commons and uncommons are trash, though
>>
I leave them on the table at my store. They just accept it as a donation. I keep the decent uncommons and removal though, because they can be used to build casual decks for friends getting into the game later
>>
>>48417907

Just give them to somebody.
>>
>>48418258
This is a great idea if you have a deck you're building in to. My chaff got me a karakas.

>>48418209
this is also nice if a new player is starting because not having options for deck building gets frustrating.
>>
File: 1460844728261.jpg (238KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1460844728261.jpg
238KB, 1024x768px
>>48417907
i won't go over what's already been offered, but i'll just recommend >>48417953 and >>48418209 before i continue

you could always, if nothing else, use them as backing for sleeved proxies or custom cards (assuming that the people you play with in your LGS don't mind that shit)
as far as custom cards go i'm not necessarily talking about the shit you see in /ccg/ - there's a few custom gamemodes/formats you can play that use special cards, like the 'kings' or 'thrones' game, which was introduced to my lgs by an older player a while back
since the 'kings' game relies on each player having a unique role card and some other new mechanics, you need to at the very least have these cards printed out, and to make them better this guy sleeved his up with some fodder cards behind the printed paper to make it at least feel like a real card and, since they have to be face-down and hidden for most of the game, impossible to see through
'course, he could've just printed them onto cardstock or whatever, but the option he went with was vastly cheaper.

it was similar to this; http://www.commandercast.com/content-index/kingdom-magic which i found with a quick google search, but the main roles were 'king', 'usurper', 'good/evil bannerman' and 'the dragon' and it went a fair bit deeper into the rules than that (with 'holds', more or less lands you can take by attacking them as if they were a planeswalker, and the 'throne' which was a hold only the king, usurper, or a bannerman could use) and had proper cards for each role, instead of using lands for it

i imagine there's some other custom modes that do similar things with custom cards, and i was considering brewing one up myself, but never really got around to it.

also, one of the people who frequent our LGS really hates magic, so occasionally we donate to him a card for him to destroy in increasingly creative ways
the last was one of those white common foxes, which he boiled in the kettle. that was fun.
>>
I pile them up and put them on eBay. 1p start, local pick up only. Last time I sold a box of 6000 commons for £40 which was pretty good. I felt like I'd ripped them off.
>>
>>48417907
Give them to youth charities. Poor/sick kids will get a lot of happiness out of the draft leavings that adult players throw in the garbage or abandon at the shop.
>>
File: You belong in a garbage can.jpg (58KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
You belong in a garbage can.jpg
58KB, 700x479px
Honestly I just end up throwing a lot of cards in the trash. My general policy is that I'll only keep four copies of any one card except for money cards, and the rest go right in the trash.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>48420117

that depends, how many different sets were in the 6k and how badly was it duplicated?

if it was mostly 6-12x commons spanning a multitude of blocks, that's not terrible.

but if it was 2000 Break Open 2000 Dripping Dead and 2000 Felhide Minotaur, yeah that's pretty bad.
>>
because this is the most relevant thread right now.

>>48419690
>and pass right
FIRST PASS IS LEFT YOU FUCKING SCRUB
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.