[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k fluff question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images (5).jpg (9KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
9KB, 290x174px
i am new to 4chan and was told this is where i can discuss warhammer 40k fluff. If i'm wrong then please direct me to the right part of 4chan.

So i have been into warhammer 40k for a few years now but havent yet played the game because "freakin expensive i dont got that kinda money" reasons. As such i mostly read the books, wikipedia, video games, and the 4chan tg wiki when i found it by accident when looking up Matt Ward.

Something though that has had me wondering though abbout the cannon is the topic of mutants in the Imperium. Clearly some are accepted due to being useful but most are killed or shunned. As such with Sanguinius having wings that would technically mean he is a mutant... Besides all the Primarch stuff that is. So with him being such a strongly revered being in the Imperium how would they react to someone who was born with wings? Burn them at the stake? Accept them? Shun them? Meh? Rever them as a saint or something?

What would you guys say?
>>
>>48413214
Knowing the Imperium, there will be always that guy who thinks that the guy with angelic wings is actually a daemon in disguise, and in the universe of 40K is very likely he is correct in his paranoia.
The only people with wings accepted are the Living Saints, ancients heroes who returned from the dead by their faith in the Emperor.
>>
>>48413214
This is the right place, welcome home.

The problem is that you're thinking of two different things here: human/mutant conflict, and human/space marine conflict.

Mutants are abhorred in the Emperor's guiding light because they corrupt the gene pool. Space Marines (and specifically Primarchs) are both infertile and genetically modified, so they're already fairly different and "holy" in a way. The added wings for one single, infertile Primarchs isn't exactly going to make him abhorrent to his father, especially since the real judge in the 40k universe on the perceptions of important figures is shaped by the Church more than reality.

If others were born with wings there would not be the same kindness, a mutant is a mutant.

TL;DR you bang you pay
>>
So that answers my question for the most part.

So pretty much depending on how, when, and/or where will influence the chances of survival into adulthood. Though because of grimdark that still leaves you with low odds of survival.
>>
There are so many planets that it depends on which one you're talking about.

But in general this is mostly correct
>>48413834
and you should remember that abhuman =/= mutant, but it's decided arbitrarily based on A) utility of the abhumans and B) genetic stability.
>>
>>48413214
>i am new to 4chan
no CAN DO MATE
>>
>I'm new to 4chan
Haha, you fucked up kiddo, let's show this poser how it's done!
>>
>>48414940
Yeah, I also think there's an issue of inevitability to whether or not something is an abhuman or a mutant. Like, I read a book that mentions that really tall skinny people from low gravity worlds are accepted abhumans. If they didn't make that allowance, humans couldn't settle low gravity planets
>>
Yeah the fact that some abhumans and even some aliens from what I've heard are allowed to a degree. ogryn are a good example of what i mean.
>>
>>48413214
would kind of depend on the plant really.
>>
this is semi-related, but are there any books involving tyranids as the main focus worth reading?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.