[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/'s 7th Edition Sister of Battle PDF Update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Fluff and stuff edition (reposted now that it's not late at night).

Previous thread: >>48348811

The latest edition of /tg/'s 7th edition AdSor update is up and can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4BtLTIkWwtAUnAtNlBQb3llU0k

1d4chan page: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_/tg/_7th_Edition

>Patch notes (0.8):
- Added sections for lore, altar of war missions, and an FAQ.
- The Trinity Gun has been removed from the Ranged Weapons list. It can now be taken as a combi-weapon, however.
- The Neural Whip can now be taken via the Melee Weapons list for 20 pts.
- Immolators and Repressors may now be taken in squads of up to three, unless taken as a Dedicated Transport, in which case, only one model can be taken.
- Various typo and formatting fixes

As a side note, we were talking about adding a Frateris Militia ramshackle vehicle in the last thread. I ended up not adding it to the actual codex because I thought it clashed with the rest of the codex thematically. That being said, I still included a standalone datasheet in the Google Drive folder in case people want to use it.

As always, critique and ideas are welcome.
>>
>>48410843
Sister Potentia WS 4 | BS 4 | S 4 | T 4 | W 2 | A 2 | I 4 | Ld 9 | Sv 2+/6++
Costs 150pts for a single unit. Up to 3 additional models can be added for 50pts each.
Wargear: Twin-linked Heavy Flamer, Hurricane Bolter
Special Rules: Acts of Faith, Shield of Faith, Decimator Protocols, Move Through Cover, Very Bulky
Any model may replace its Twin-linked Heavy Flamer with a Twin-linked Heavy Bolter or Twin-linked Multi-Melta. Any model may replace its Hurricane Bolter with a Missile Launcher. Any model may take Stabilizing Servos (Grants Slow and Purposeful).
>I have no idea what to make its Act of Faith be.

I can understand wanting Centurion suits to stay with the Space Marines but I think it could fill a niche of heavy shock troops that the Sisters lack. The Space Marines have Terminators and the Imperial Guard have Ogryns.

Another thing, have you considered making Artificer Armor an upgrade that's only available to command squads and HQ choices? Not even the Space Marines can widely equip themselves with Artificer armor and it doesn't make sense that the Sisters have more access to it than space marines.
>>
>>48410843
Has anything heavier than a rhino chassis been considered for vehicles? I know Preds are a Space Marine thing, but the Infernus or Ba'al pred seems right up their alley. Also boltcannons (S6 AP3) seems like they could find a home here, don't ask me where, but they seem to fit the theme.

One last dumb idea, in keeping with new thematic weaponry, (IE, Frost cannons for Wolves) why not give the sisters a sort of thermal ray gun? S7 AP1, Lance or Armorbane maybe? Something that lets them reach out and touch vehicles without completely overshadowing melta's power. Just a thought.
>>
>>48412105
>thermal ray gun

So...Volkite?
>>
>>48412124
Not really? Much as I like Volkite as a concept, I doubt the Mechanicum would give them to the sisters. No, more like the Microwave laser on the Monkey lord if you played Supcom. Burns through a vehicle for about 3 seconds or so, letting his multiple targets in a straight line perhaps. Also it has Lance or Armorbane rather than Deflangate or whatever the rule is. Longer ranged vehicle muncher rather than infantry muncher is the idea, since the sisters don't get lascannons. Though I suppose the trinity gun fulfills this role somewhat, so my point is kinda moot. Anyways, just a thought.
>>
>>48410843
For Mortia squads. I think they should not have Melta Bombs by default. Give them the ability to take a Mistress of Repentance who can take Melta Bombs for 5pts.
>>
>>48410843
Yay, he returns!
>No trukk
Aww. Oh well
>>48411524
Not sure about the sister-cents....
>>48412105
A superheavy shrine/transport as a LOW would be cool.
>>48412426
Agree on this point.
>>
>>48413105
>A superheavy shrine/transport as a LOW would be cool.
Indeed it would. Perhaps even a exorcists variant that's serves as a mobile shrine with a crap ton of speakers that makes the enemy have to take pinning tests or something. In the meantime, Maybe use the Crassus as a superheavy? It's not offensive, but it can cart around sisters with impunity.

On an unrelated note, what happened to the Avenger? At this point it seems like we need to be worried about putting more things in rather than taking things out.
>>
>>48413471
The avenger could go in, but how many of each unit type do we already have?
>>
>>48411524
They may not be heavy, but I think Repentias fill the niche you describe. They're not heavy, but they hit like a truck, and if you throw them in a repressor, they're pretty hard to kill.

>>48412105
>>48412345
I think the Repressor kind of fill the role of "frontline tank." I do like the idea of some kind of melta-lance weapon, but I don't know what unit would use it. Also, SupCom for the win.

>>48412426
The reasoning behind why they don't have a MoR, and why the entire squad has melta bombs, is that they're essentially a throwaway unit. Their job is to find a juicy target that costs a lot more than they do, kill it, and (probably) die soon after. As one anon in the previous threads put is, they're like a half-naked cruise missile. This is also why their AoF is oriented around taking as many enemies down with them as possible.

>>48413105
Sorry about the trukk, anon

>>48413471
>what happened to the Avenger?
I put this in the FAQ. There was talk about adding it when we started this project, but it was pointed out that Avengers aren't actually SoB aircraft; they're basically Imperial Navy craft that are loaned to the SoB for ground support missions. The SoB don't actually keep or use any themselves.

>>48413651
>how many of each unit type do we already have?
This kinda summarizes my approach to adding more units to the codex as it currently stands. We've already added 4 new units (Living Saint, Frateris Militia, Dominator Gunship, Prioris Exorcist) and several reformatted/redone ones (Repressor and Hospitallers for example).

Something fandexes usually do that I'm desperately trying to avoid is bloat; most of them (in my experience) add a ton of new units, which turns off players to trying their codex since they have to learn a ton of new rules. Where we stand right now is about where an average GW codex release is in terms of the number of new/redone units.
>>
>>48414176
I figured we were close to official 40k codex size.
>>
>>48414176
>throwaway unit
Actually, throwaway might be a poor choice of words. They're suicide bombers basically.

As far as new units, the only one I really think the codex could use is a named character LoW, but the only one I can think of who would work for this role would be Ephrael Stern. That being said, I've never read Daemonifuge, so I have no idea what she would look like on the tabletop or if she even makes sense for SoB to deploy.

>>48414237
We're clocking in at 76 pages currently. Most modern 40k codexes are somewhere between 120-150 pages long, but they also have way more fluff than this book has, not to mention more editions to codex creep.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.