[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 46

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Preview of Gareth's latest writing:
http://fanficmaker.com/#ffv3_Pathfinder+General%252CQANON%252Cfemale%252CDSP%252CPathfinder%252C%252Fpfg%252F%252C%252Ftg%252F%252CForrest%252CUnstopable+Lord+Gareth%252Cthe+kitsune%252Cthe+blinkling%252Ctrue%252CUnstopable+Lord+Gareth%252C2hu%252Ctrue%252Cautism%252CFantasyEra%252CHero%252CVillain%252C%252C(%257C%257Cc%253D0)%252C100%252C100%252C100%252C100%252C1469196799599%252CLord+Gareth

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: https://mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48401746
>>
So recently I have had to step back several times and tell players:
>You realize you're all acting like sociopaths, right? You're not acting like how a sane person would.

I've had to do this after they do something insane then get confused when people treat them like a group of immoral mercenaries who only live for the kill. Essentially when they take murderhoboing to the extreme.
>>
>>48408286
Did Gareth fuck your girl or something?
>>
So I've made a character with a large family. How reasonable is it for me to make some members of this family have PC class levels? I can post a family tree if need be.
>>
>>48408382
Aw, anon misses their tripfags.
>>
>>48408362
What did they do?
>>
Well guys, it's time actually finish a real campaign (Kingmaker, FYI). The final session of my group's Pathfinder campaign is starting, and we're pulling an all-nighter session to get it done. Wish us luck! A TPK here would be awfully disappointing.
>>
>>48408386

Not unreasonable, especially if the family has some kind of strong martial/magical/whatever tradition that the kids are expected to uphold.
>>
>>48408286
Is it august yet? I want those guys back.
>>
>>48408503

Good luck, Anon! May your justice prevail! Or, if you're not actually all that big on justice, may your meaningful concept of choice prevail!
>>
>>48408362
I've had a player break down recently in one of the games I'm in. He keeps saying he's being bullied and basically fursecuted. He plays his fursona Kitsune gunslinger and a bunch of useless dips b/c he wants a familiar, deals low dam and tries to act like some kind of "hold my beer" coolguy loner.

Since he's been first level, he has been constantly fucking up every adventure he's been in, often with untimely intimidate rolls when we already had a situation under control, or one time, firing into the air with his pistol to scare away villagers that had captured a lizardfolk shaman when we had been lost in swamps for weeks and were in dire need of healing. During our escape with the Shaman, he tried to intimidated it by telling it 'I've saved you, therefore you owe me a big favor', to which the Shaman just shrugged off and abandonned the party by jumping into swampwater, effectively ruining both sides of the quest in less than ten minutes. Then his character died on the way back (we were third level), and he kept crying and begging for a rezz rather than reroll a char because "I've been working on this character for over a year and I don't wanna play any other character"

His character has been known to go so far as to send his familiar outside a zone of silence to voice a complaint after his character had been muted during a war council, and basically ruining every encounter he's been a part of in general for the sake of 'looking cool' and being a loner
>>
>>48408582
I'm actually the only good-aligned PC. I'm not lawful, though- neutral. My intelligent CN sword thinks I'm CG though, thanks to a really good UMD skill.
>>
>>48408503
T! P! K!
T! P! K!
TPK TPK TPK!
>>
File: Capture.png (75KB, 1059x581px)
Capture.png
75KB, 1059x581px
>>
>>48408632
...One of these posts is not like the other.
>>
>>48408632
Acid anon is clearly talking about how to deal with 2hu
>>
File: afasfasf.png (70KB, 1063x503px)
afasfasf.png
70KB, 1063x503px
>>48408676
>>48408701
better?
>>
>>48408612
>CN intelligent item thinks you're CG
>you're NG
>final session

I'm calling it here: at some point, you will think that sword is going to fuck you over, and it will.
>>
>>48408918
I already have a small suspicion it will happen, because the sword has amnesia.
>>
>>48408947
>intelligent weapon
>"it has amnesia"

Dude that sword is gonna stab you in the ass and the GM already knows when, where, and for how long.
>>
Asking again from previous topic:

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8ymz?Houserule-Handbooks-Spellpoints-Compilation

Anyone ever heard anything about this?
>>
>>48408609
So TL;DR a player is 2edgy5me with shit mechanics in game, and in real life he's a whiny loser? Tell the GM he is ruining the game for everyone and that is why you don't like him. Tell him to play a character he understands as he does not understand how to interact with people as a "cool loner" character. If you wanna be even nicer tell him to watch some classic westerns or maybe something else you know that has loner types if he wants to know how they act. If you don't want to be nice though you could always just set his next characters tail on fire, then light your cigar on it. Your choice.
>>
>Party is filled with raging alcoholics
>Half of the party immediately darts to the nearest tavern every time we go into a new town
This slows us down every time and the DM won't stop it.
>>
File: 8043303.jpg (14KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
8043303.jpg
14KB, 420x300px
>>48409301
Try roleplaying with them.
>>
I'm looking for art of Wayangs for my continued Jade Regent campaign.
Got anything for me /pfg/?
>>
>>48409336
My character is an Inquisitor that has sworn to avoid all vices as he pursues his enemy.
>>
>>48409301

Simple-you just need to find a way for them to multitask.
>>
>>48409380
Sounds like you're the odd man out.
Figure out how to make you character gel with group better or risk becoming That Guy
>>
File: 1444873479966.png (34KB, 690x656px) Image search: [Google]
1444873479966.png
34KB, 690x656px
>>48409380
Did I fucking stutter?

The GM allows it because it's their characters performing their roleplaying actions, which in this case is getting drunk at a tavern. If your character hates that kind of revelry, then use that as another form of roleplaying. Have them speak their mind or be the tushy two-shoes they are and reprimand the others for your character's views. Or just have your character go do something else.

The thing about stopping them from doing that is that now they feel as bad as you are feeling right now because then they don't get to do the things that they want to do. Try to find a fucking balance that makes everyone happy instead of being upset over how they're ruining 'your' fun.
>>
>>48409466
>Derailing a game for up to an hour just partying in every inn they can find is good
No.
>>
>>48409476
>Other players have to enjoy the game exactly the same way I do.
>>
>>48409476

Oh gosh, you just saved yourself an hour of fun roleplay to do... What, exactly? Move a token and shoot-bang some skeletons?
>>
>>48409476
What's wrong with that it's roleplaying?

Maybe multiclass into Paladin if you're going to keep a stick up your ass.
>>
>>48409539
Unless it's Temple of Elemental Evil then paladins can drink too!
>>
File: Sponge.png (269KB, 480x360px)
Sponge.png
269KB, 480x360px
>>48409476
The GM probably allows it because it's straight roleplaying instead of constant stat and combat management. Your GM probably loves the opportunity to get the next encounter set up at leisure instead of having to do it lightning fast.
>>
>>48408386
Not unreasonable at all! My favorite character was the 12th son of a minor noble. He became a paladin because, you know, 12 sons. Three of his older brothers were also paladins or clerics as well, and the whole family was very religious in general so it made sense. It also gives you something to overcome (if you're younger) or someone to protect (if you're older).
>>
File: 1338464223804.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1338464223804.gif
500KB, 500x375px
>Party kills diplodocus
>I raise it as a bloody skeleton
>Literally gain lumbering fortress
This must be what true happiness feels like
>>
>>48408609
You have an overly disruptive player with a mental illness, have you tried talking to him about being disruptive?
If so, why haven't you slapped his shit?

>>48409301
Maybe they wanted to roleplay in a tavern, you could also try that.
>>
>>48408632
what is this even about?
>>
>>48409788
Multiple times, but it's a living campaign, so who cares desu. I just evade him.
>>
>>48409737
No anon, that's what Dragonmech feels like. Very similar though.
>>
>Playing Wrath Of The Righteous
>Everythings cool
>Dickass rouge won't share the potion to fix the non dickass rouges broken leg
>Other than that everything is fine though
>Until we find out she's a tranny and a lesbian
Why does Paizo shoehorn this shit in every fucking time.
>>
>>48409301
Burn down the taverns before they get to town
>>
>>48410200
It's gotten to the point where I (a MtF trans girl) have to actively tell people I'm not going to fuck over games with SJW bullshit. Paizo has gone off the fucking deep end with this shit.
>>
>>48410245
Sounds more like they're just being assholes by assuming you're going to be an asshole because of a vocal minority and strawmen.
>>
>>48410200
Recently read Wrath of the righteous. Don't remember that gay tranny rogue. Mind dropping a name?
>>
>>48410200
So they were fine until they had a character trait you didn't like? Just being gay/trans/straight isn't shoehorning shit in.
>>
>>48410200
>>48410245
>>48410268
It's a good thing the GM can very easily change the characters at the their own discretion.

Oh wait, they never think to do that.
>>
>>48410245
Why do you need to declare that you're a special snowflake quadruped non binary sailor sexual in the first place?

A tranny actively calling attention to itself by declaring its "gender" is usually a great way to raise red flags throughout the table.
>>
>>48410270
She's one of the three NPCs at the beginning, name starts with A(?)
>>
>>48410323
Oh shush. Being a jerk is a great way to raise red flags through the table as well.
>>
>>48410323
It's mostly because at the point I'm at in transition, it's obvious that I'm MtF. You don't always have a choice in what people see you as.
>>
>>48410289
It would be fine if she wasn't "Hey I'm just going to go have sex... WITH MY WIFE WERWNT EXPEXTING THAT IN A LESBIAN I HAVE LESBIAN AEX BUT IM JUST A NORMAL PERAON WHO IS A LESBIAN I ALSO USED TO HAVE A PENIS GOODBYE PENIS I HAVE A VAGINA IM A GIRL WHO HAS SEX WITH GIRLS" the whole time instead of "I want to go home to my spouse (who happens to be a girl but that's not important)"
>>
>>48410375
Let's take a character who wants to go back home to their loved one and completely fill it with hyperbole to make a point.
>>
>>48410200
How did it even come up? I can't imagine a how in a life and death situation like the opening to Wrath that you would learn she used to have a penis.
>>
>>48410353
>it's obvious that I'm MtF
Sorry to burst your bubble, but unless you get a full body transplant, people will always be able to tell you are trans.

Better to not make a big deal out of it as one look at any trans usually tells the story with little need for any explanation.
>>
>>48409737
Isn't that fucking gross though
>>
File: hmm.jpg (89KB, 723x309px)
hmm.jpg
89KB, 723x309px
>>48410425
I hate prodding bait trails, but that's definitely not the case, and that assumption will one day bite (or, y'know, fuck) you in the ass.
>>
>>48410353
I had known my only transexual friend for something like three months before anyone told me. She was just so rail thin I couldn't tell, plus she dressed/talked femininely.
>>
>>48410388
It came up because Paizo feels the need to stick their LGBTKYSTBHFAM dick in everything they do
>>
>>48410425
You clearly don't interact with many trans folks.
>>
>>48410375
I remember that one faggot elf in reign of winter. He was like "I'm a woman....BUT WAS BORN BY MISTAKE AS A MAN PLEASE DONT FORGET TO REFER TO ME AS MISS OR SHE OR I'LL THROW A FIT"

Jesus christ, you dont need to say it, we can tell with your man face alone that you're a weirdo, I mean do you honestly believe for one second that all that makeup is fooling anyone?
>>
>>48410307

Don't you think, as a DM, you might think something is terribly wrong with Paizo when you need to turn a couple established couples heterosexual *just* to break even on the representation?
>>
>>48410467
How would they know? They notice the ones that don't pass, and never notice the ones that do. They could be surrounded by them.
>>
File: Gki0qjE.png (202KB, 323x318px)
Gki0qjE.png
202KB, 323x318px
>>48410466
Or you could actually tell us instead of being triggered.
>>
>>48410511
IT COULD BE ANY ONE OF US.
>>
>>48410466
Seriously, though.

How does one even learn these details? In a world with magic, if I wanted to live as a woman, I wouldn't share the fact that I used to be a man. In a world like Golarion, I would save up enough money, leave my home town, use the magic to change my gender and then begin a brand new life somewhere I can be treated as my preferred gender and never again have to face that horrible period of my life where I was trapped in the wrong body. Everyone who knew me from then on would only know the person I truly was and I'd have a whole new life ahead of me.

Why would any NPC not hide this from people? I would be ashamed if the players found out and beg them not to tell, for fear of shattering my new world.
>>
>>48410525
Hah right, next you're going to tell me--Whoops, hang on, phone call.

What's that, officer?

THE TRANS WAS COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREAD!?
>>
>>48408408
They were a damn stretch better than the faggotry infesting this general now. People in other general threads are mocking this shit show.
>>
File: 1447263270212.jpg (11KB, 250x250px)
1447263270212.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
I don't think DMs quite realize how visibly important the PCs are in Wrath of the Righteous.

The PCs by the end of Book 1 are heroes, bonafide with an ironclad guarantee by the Queen bee herself; Mendev is a nation literally described as "starving for heroes", and the PCs show up as the greatest ones since the start of the Crusade. By book 3, they're practically legends, and Book 5 just cements them as veritable demigods, with all the pomp and circumstance that should provide.

Wrath of the Righteous is the only AP aside from perhaps Jade Regent or Kingmaker that gives the PCs a big neon sign pointing to them that says "YO, THESE GUYS ARE A BIG DEAL."

And yet the books provide opportunity after opportunity for the DM to just cock-block the PC's glory with Irabeth or that unnamed adventuring party that steals the almighty book.
>>
>>48410514
She just says it right around the beginning.
>>
File: siu6.png (516KB, 954x1350px) Image search: [Google]
siu6.png
516KB, 954x1350px
I can't help it pfg I just wanna fuck a kitsune
I'm so lonely so sad I've got nothing else
Let me have a kitsune and I'll be free
Free like a fluffy tail touching those swish swish tails
Pick up those ears and pinch pinch pinch and headpatpatpat
Gotta love a kitsune they're like a sweeter deeter dog

I need a kitsune waifu now or else all else is over
>>
>>48410560
Because Paizo and Crystal specifically insist that "muh struggle" is more important and all-telling of a trans person than actually, you know, living life how they want to. You aren't special anymore once you're in the proper body and mindset, don't you know?
>>
>>48410560
Divination, people like sharing their past with their friends and loved ones, or even strangers. People have different preferences about what they share (as we've seen with all the fluffy tails in /pfg/)
Some people also let themselves be known to help others. There's nothing wrong with any of that.
>>
File: 0BSzx0N.gif (517KB, 427x235px) Image search: [Google]
0BSzx0N.gif
517KB, 427x235px
>>48410486
it's a lot of group-based preferential stuff that can matter based on a lot of factors.

Paizo, obviously, feels pressured in some way by the rising vocality of "hurp derp feminism LGBT" people and want to appear progressive so as to not get the death stroke by these people being loudmouthed assholes about "not having representation". If anything after what's been happening lately it was a savvy move.

The other part of it is that if you or your group isn't comfortable with it, SURPRISE the GM can just alter the backstory to be more comfortable because it's a role-playing game and you're allowed to do that.

Additionally, the point that's been mentioned already, the character that has those qualities about them don't need to be in your face vocal about it and those topics should probably only come up if they are pried into by the players, and even then the NPC should probably try to resist and hide their secrets.
>>
>>48410612
They actually are named in one of the PF novels, I think. They're established characters in the canon, I just can't remember who for the life of me.
>>
>>48410514
Not him, but I'm assuming the DM in question is trying to be as true to the campaign as it was written as s/he can, and the campaign, as it was written, has it come up a lot, and describes the character as constantly making a big deal out of it.
You should have a less shit DM who plays the character as a normal and functional humanoid instead of a like one of paizo's tokens.
>>
>>48410622
You're just looking for a reason to be pissed off. I think there's a term for that, but I can't recall it off the top of my head.

>>48410642
Oh bollocks, paizo, and many of their customers are a-okay with appearing/being progressive. It's not just "bowing down" to the "evils" of feminism. They have beliefs, and much like anyone else they come across in the content they make, for better or for worse.
>>
>>48410560
>>48410622

Except you're missing the important fact that all this stuff we know about Anevia and Irabeth and a dozen other "horrible" PCs comes from the DM book, which provides backstory for NPCs but does *not* force the PCs to care about them.

Anevia once being a man is part of her backstory. When would, or should, that come up in the campaign itself? Fuck if I know, why are you complaining about it? If the DM introduces it, complain about him introducing it, not that the history exists in the first place.
>>
>>48410642
>that image
Baiting the Qanon trap, I see
>>
>>48410667
That's like saying "X video game isn't really bad you just have to get a bunch of mods!"
>Captcha:Select all pasta
>>
>>48410655
>and the campaign, as it was written, has it come up a lot, and describes the character as constantly making a big deal out of it.

Source? I thought Anevia's trans status doesn't really ever come up.
>>
>NPCs aren't allowed to have backstory unless it's directly changing the game. There's no reason to introduce backstory to help explain how the npc thinks!
>>
File: 2uauurS.png (2MB, 1069x1185px) Image search: [Google]
2uauurS.png
2MB, 1069x1185px
>>48410758
>>48410773
He's saying that the GM doesn't need to make the NPC blurt out their backstory like an annoying attention-whore. What the fuck are you guys on about?
>>
>>48410485
To be fair the party is actively discouraged from interacting with that one.
>>
>>48410736

Use a hot guy for Irabeth's art, change her name to Iraban, and now you've got a conventional heterosexual couple built around love and handholding.

It also took maybe 5 seconds of alterations, 50 if you count looking for good art of the new hunk.

This stuff ain't hard, it's literally changing pronouns and using an internet's worth of art for the new be-dicked character.
>>
>>48410796
And I'm inclined to believe that whenever /pfg/ is bitchin' it's all hyperbole and a half. They want to throw down actual pages from the AP that talks about it, much like was done for the stupid misogyny demons from Reign of Winter, then I'll believe them.
>>
>>48410609
Wait, what happened to our tripfags?
>>
>>48410816
What if I don't play online because I'm not a faggot and I have friends?
>>
>>48410858
What the fuck are you doing on 4chan then?
>>
>>48410858
Then just change your description? Though I guess I'm not a real person because my friends and I have all moved to different states so we continue to play online.
>>
>>48410842
The thing is....

See
>>48410642
For a restatement of how things kinda should be.
>>
>>48410879
Being a horribly depressed retard who secretly hates my life and just wants to die and vent online.
>>
>>48410644
I think it's in the book King of Chaos. I was considering reading it then rebuilding the adventure to reclaim the book a while back so the PCs could play through it, but I never got around to it.
>>
Whats the best way to play a slayer?
I know archery is generally the best, and TWF is really good with sneak attack and high BAB, but how specifically for the slayer is the best way to to shit tons of damage on stuff?
>>
>>48410609
>People in other general threads are mocking this shit show.

Where?
>>
>>48410937
Also, what for? What happened while I was gone?
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>48410919

I wouldn't bother, basically nobody in the Crusade gives a flying fuck about the mysterious party that steals the book, all they care about is the PCs have it.

See >>48410612, the party is basically so drenched in glory and fame by Book 5 that they're literally getting favors from the gods themselves. Getting the book is a mighty feat, but it pales in comparison to what the PCs do with the book.
>>
>>48410950
Summer happened, anon. Summer happened.
>>
File: 1445737308701.gif (104KB, 300x136px) Image search: [Google]
1445737308701.gif
104KB, 300x136px
>>48410932
The answer is to tell your GM that you're a powergaming fuckboy so that he can kick you out of the game.
>>
>>48410932

Play it like a STR-based fighter.
>>
>>48410932
It's just a Fighter upgrade. Optimal strat will be archery or two-handing, not much else to say. The Sneak Attack is fairly insignificant.
>>
>>48410353
You mean the rest of your life, right? Show me them shoulders.
>>
>>48410619
Oh my mistake! You're just a spammer fuck. Eat shit and die, shitposter.
>>
>>48410966
Why are you so assmad?
>>
>>48411127
Because they're fishing for (you)s
>>
Hey guys, I'm trying to roll an arcanist/slayer gestalt. I haven't ever really done any magic users, how do I know how many spells my character knows on creation? I'm going to assume they don't have every spell at the levels they can cast in their spellbook automatically.
>>
>>48411127
He likely had a bad experience.

Some games, especially with newer players and older players in the same game, tend to get that balance issue where the GM has to balance the game for the newer player and then the older player stomps the shit out of it because they have an "Optimal" character.
Also because a lot of paizo campaigns are piss easy so "optimal" characters will steamroll them if the GM wants to stick completely to the book's adventure.
>>
For barbarian, fighter, monk and rogue archetypes that replace the same class feature, up to three such archetypes can be taken together at once.

Basically, you just ignore the fact the archetype is replacing the same class feature and take the archetype benefit regardless.

Example in the pastebin, thoughts please?
Fighters automatically gain 4+Int skills.

http://pastebin.com/rFLGvRYt
>>
>>48411205
Why not just use Path of War?
>>
>>48410847
We told them to go. They went.
This was a mistake.
>>
>>48410425
Passing's not *that* difficult.

Well, okay, lemme clarify. Passing is a hell of a lot of work, between the voice training, picking out new clothes, and managing your diet. But between how much hormones change your body and how much people rely on specific visual cues and body language, if you know what you're doing, it's very possible to pass well.
>>
>>48411254
Because sometimes people get sick of hearing about path of war and want to try doing something else.
>>
>>48410981
>>48411041
So standard greatsword with power attack and all that? Alright, sounds good to me.
>>
>>48410816
>meanwhile at Paizo
STOP TRYING TO ERASE REPRESENTATION YOU FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>48411137
>>48411185
Actually, it's because the rest of the party is control and support, I'm basically the only damage dealer so I want to make sure I'm the best one I can be.
>>
>>48411324
I'm from Spain you fucking racist culturist triggering shitlord!Check your fucking privilege before triggering xe!
>>
>>48411324
>>48411347
Oh shush. Y'all are far more easily offended than those you're mocking.
>>
File: 1434328293956.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1434328293956.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>48411347

>mfw there isn't a Not!Spain in Pathfinder
>mfw even if there was it would be some vague Spanish Empire analogue
>mfw I just want a collection of Spanish Kingdoms vaguely unified by the southern threat
>>
File: 1466915573534.png (57KB, 616x599px) Image search: [Google]
1466915573534.png
57KB, 616x599px
>>
>>48411452
Now, at the risk of sounding ignorant due to lacking basically any knowledge regarding spain, I was told a while ago that either Brevoy or the River Kingdoms (something in that area) seemed a bit Spanish. Is that something you might be able to work with?
>>
>>48411184
>An arcanist begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard/sorcerer spells plus three 1st-level spells of her choice. The arcanist also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to her Intelligence modifier to add to the spellbook. At each new arcanist level, she gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that she can cast (based on her new arcanist level) for her spellbook.
>>
>>48411452
>Mfw no Not! Russia that represents modern Russia not commie Russia
>>
>>48411505

>Brevoy
>Collection of Kingdoms unified by a guy that conquered the region with three red dragons
>But now the dragons are gone, and the kingdom is breaking apart

Naw man, Brevoy is Westeros.

For a more real answer, Brevoy has more aspects of Poland-Lithuania.
>>
>>48411442
The difference is we keep it here.
The ones we're mocking take it to the streets or launch campaigns against those they hate online.
>>
>>48411543
Pft. My ass.
>>
>>48411561
SICK COUNTERPOINT MY MULATTO
>>
>>48411591
I mean, if you wanna claim that only "sjws" launch campaigns against people online then there's nothing to discuss.
>>
>>48411602
Especially given that last thread somebody literally posted a link to a Paizo AMA in a deliberate attempt to stir shit.
>>
>>48411602
I don't believe he was anywhere near implying that to be the case, he's saying that WE don't.
>>
>>48411639
And that's bullshit too.
>>
>>48411621
It's almost like there's asshole trolls in every group of individuals!

Like the ones who drove Gareth out

GIVE BACK MY TRIPFAGS DAMNIT
>>
>>48411299
Wish their blatant cash grabbing schemes would stop.
>>
>>48411704
Darn devs coming in, answering questions and taking desires and playtest feedback into account is awful. I wish they would stop!
>>
>>48411669
Care to go into further detail?
>>
>>48411254
Unfortunately some games don't allow PoW; this is also experimenting with what can be done within the current framework of things.
>>
>>48411715
Like where people go into paizo forums to intentionally shitpost and harass people? Or reddit? Or "virtue signal" about "sjw" bullshit?
>>
>>48411704
Yeah! Who do they think they are, making things they know we'll like so we'll buy them at a reasonable price! BURN THEIR HOUSES DOWN!
>>
>>48411254
You've opened up a whole bevy of class options and character ideas by allowing combos.
>>
>>48411713
>>48411744
Arm the pitchforks, stoke the torches, heft the stones, we're going lynching!
>>
>>48411766
Give us the chabinger?
>>
>>48411529
>represent modern Russia
>in a medieval fantasy setting

>also you asshole Irrisen is literally the fantastical medieval Russia analog.

Don't kill yourself, though. Go off into the woods and let them do it for you.
>>
>>48411742
Shitposting =/= "launching online hate campaigns"
Let me know when some shitposting retard from /pfg/ makes someone lose their job or kill herself/himself.
>>
File: 1469119882842.gif (2MB, 268x268px)
1469119882842.gif
2MB, 268x268px
Which one is Gareth, which one is /pfg/?
>>
>>48411505
Are you referencing the kinda-funny-but-mostly-wrong meme map of the Inner Sea? It calls both Brevoy (Poland) and Taldor (Byzantines) knock-off versions of Spain. Geographically parts of Cheliax would come close to Spain and their whole fire and torture shtick makes them a little close but their naming conventions feel a lot closer to Italian.
>>
>>48411205
AC 13, wat?
>>
File: 1461116529945.jpg (47KB, 657x600px)
1461116529945.jpg
47KB, 657x600px
>>48411791
>>
Taldor and Cheliax have inclinations of Spain.
>>
File: 1453251370276.jpg (29KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453251370276.jpg
29KB, 384x384px
>>48411730
>some games don't allow Path of War

>but obviously they'll allow archetype stacking!

You are this retarded.
>>
>>48411784

Irrisen is scary fairy-tale Russia.

Iobaria is Not!Russia.
>>
>>48411784
>No squatting
зaткниcь cyкa
>>
>>48411827
The fighter class can definitely do with more options, especially since a lot of its archetypes are fucking subpar.

Archetype stacking already happens you goddamn fucker, case in point the excellent hexcrafter and bladebound magus combination.
>>
>>48411827
Are you sure you want to say archetype stacking doesn't already happen?
Cos I want to know what you're smoking.
>>
>>48411912
They mean stacking archetypes that replace the same thing. If you think that's common, I want to know what YOU'RE smoking.
>>
>>48411912
It's obviously in response to this:
>Basically, you just ignore the fact the archetype is replacing the same class feature and take the archetype benefit regardless.
>>
>>48411927
>just mentions archetype stacking.
>the guy is experimenting with something new.
ok.
>>
>>48411827
It's a legitimate fact that many groups, for whatever reason, disallow 3pp and especially PoW, but will for whatever other reason will still stick with Paizo and whatever insanity that entails.
>>
>>48411452
Isn't Not Spain Cheliax?
>>
>>48411927
>>48411928
>>48411953
Replacing the same class features with archetype stacking should've been a thing.
>>
>>48412047
But it isn't a thing, it's homebrew. Homebrew that I've yet to hear is allowed in a game, but I've seen plenty of 3pp allowed in games.
>>
>>48412092
Ignore them, in spite of it being homebrew and PoW disallowed, what are people's thoughts on it?
>>
>>48412092
Homebrew is allowed in every game with houserules, m8. The DM is coming up with the homebrew, but it's homebrew.

Also holy shit this thread is garbage. The fuck are you people doing with yourselves? Is it that hard to not fucking respond to obvious bait?
>>
>>48412092
So you're just being a shitlord then?

>>48412141
What the fuck are you blathering on about?
>>
>>48412141
Homebrew, sure. I've never seen that type or archetype stacking allowed in games is what I'm saying.
>>
Sup /pfg/, my players are going to fight their first major battle as proud soldiers of Molthune soon. Are there any songs that could fit as a military march for Molthune?
>>
>>48412155
>So you're just being a shitlord then?
What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>48411205
Holy shit that is way too fucking strong.

Here is an example of what I can do with that:

Barbarian True Primitive, Mad Dog, Invulnerable Rager, Pack Rager, Mounted Fury

I have two animal companions, can give out team work feats, still have all my rage powers, massive DR, favored terrain, still have increased movement (and even more DR), and more.

Is stupid.
>>
>>48412160
Give a critique then.

>>48412171
They're saying you're a waste of space because it's all negativity and naysaying.
>>
>>48412217
Compare that to casters.
Compare that to PoW.

This is presumably NPCs also atchetype stack.
>>
>>48411753
What class concepts were impossible that suddenly became possible with archetype stacking?

UC Rogues and Barbarians already work fine as classes. Fighters need something that isn't massive archetype stacking.
>>
File: 1466875221496.png (57KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1466875221496.png
57KB, 625x626px
>>48412220
>PoW isn't allowed, why would homebrew archetype stacking be?
>shit posting
>That's not even what they're talking about
>stop being a shitlord
>You know what here's your (you)
>>
>>48412239
The thing is it doesn't help them where their problem actually is. Out of combat versatility. Normal archetypes barbarian, fighters, and rogues are able to do what is needed of them in combat (outside of battlefield control, the only thing they're absolutely bad at). All this does is make them even punchier and solve no actual problems.

Given a barbarian two animal companions doesn't make them on par with a caster in terms of campaign effectiveness. It just makes them shit more damage.
>>
>>48412220
>Give a critique then.
My critique is that it doesn't actually solve any of the classes problems. Especially barbarians and UC rogues which are already functional classes who don't need it.
>>
My GM has decided that players are not allowed to tell each other their backstories or what they're playing. How fucked are we? What happens if we all just show up playing barbarians or wizards or something?
>>
>>48412296
meet in secret
>>
>>48412217
>>48412242
>>48412254
Will add a clause that only restricts the archetype stacking to archtypes that were impossible to be stacked together.
Otherwise, you must choose archetypes that can already be stacked together.
>>
>>48412296
Then he as the GM can accommodate you and maybe even provide a specialized campaign.
>>
File: file.png (5MB, 1584x3736px)
file.png
5MB, 1584x3736px
Dear anons who suggested taking Hunter instead of Barbarian for a mounted combatant.

I thank you.

I am now taking the Primal Hunter archetype and GM said i can take pre-errata version.

Once i go Mammoth rider this is going to get real fucking amazing.

>>48412296
Image applies here anon.
>>
>>48412254
Stop being a complete and utter piece of shit
>>
>>48412163
>Are there any songs that could fit as a military march for Molthune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zk6eXvCiuo
>>
File: file.png (629KB, 1568x3282px)
file.png
629KB, 1568x3282px
>>48412330
And the sequel
>>
>>48412316
It's still retarded, because I now have zero reason to not simply stack as many archetypes as possible for free extra class features.
>>
>>48412269
All martials lack out of combat versatility, what should they gain?
Without resorting to PoW.
>>
File: 1464909566483.jpg (203KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1464909566483.jpg
203KB, 800x900px
>>48412366
Spellcasting.
>>
>>48412361
The up to three archetypes only still applies. That hasn't changed at all.
>>
>>48412366
Out of combat class features only they have. Stuff like vigilante social talents, rogue skill unlocks. That sort of thing.
>>
>>48412383
I take three archetypes that replace as many things as possible (Mad Dog, Raging Cannibal, Invulnerable Rager) for as many extra class features as possible.
>>
File: a book i guess.jpg (86KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
a book i guess.jpg
86KB, 420x600px
How do I make a functional Enchanting Courtesan build? I want to be an evil bitch.
>>
>>48412431
Those classes certainly should get class talents, similar to but not exactly like vigilante social talents, rogue skill talents etc.
>>
>>48412451
There are pfg homebrews that do that, fighter has one.
>>
New FAQ time!
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t0vv?Psychic-bloodline-sorcerer-is-it-still-an#46
>>
>>48412330
>>48412352
Glad I was able to help, anon.
>>
>>48412539
>Clarification on familiars
Well that's unnecessary since everyone knows how it's supposed to work, but oka-

>Tumor familiars are not eligible to become improved familiars
Aaaaaand go fuck yourself, paizuru. You'd better at least make a followup discovery in a later book for this.
>>
>>48412449
companion to the lonely
>>
>>48412607
>make a followup discovery
Don't worry Anon, I'm sure it'll be a feat chain that probably requires power attack and combat expertise.
>>
>>48412607
>tumor familiars, as lumps of flesh in the shape of animals, can’t become Improved Familiars.
>actually listening to Paizo

Why do you retards listen to even bigger retards?
>>
>>48412683
>Why do you all complain about the stupid rules of the game?
>>
Would a Rubato with full maneuver progression be OP?
>>
>>48412707
Probably not, no.
>>
>>48412700
Because the people who made them are idiots who don't know their own game.
>>
>>48412683
Because the ruling is fucking stupid and the devs are stupid, but there will always be ONE RETARD who'll pull the "B-BUT THE DEVS SAID THAT'S NOT ALLOWED" card whenever you try to do something fun. Even if it doesn't break the game.
>>
>>48412727
Yes, I don't think anyone here would deny that. That still doesn't change that many dms use Paizo's rules because they're already there, and they assume that the rule creators know what they're doing. Obviously they don't
>>
>>48412755
Bringing up the rules when talking about rules isn't stupid. It's necessary that we all start from the same point. After the rules being brought up we can go "Try to convince your dm to 'X'" or "See if you can get 3pp 'X' allowed"
Yes, Paizo rulings are often stupid. Yes, it's probably for the best that they're ignored. That doesn't change that they are the rules and should be at least initially discussed so they can be thrown aside.
>>
>>48412755
>>48412759
Most DMs need to be knee-deep in the metagame of their respective system to have a better grasp of the game they're running.
>>
I don't mind the archetype stacking concept, but it may need to be reined in for certain classes, barbarian most of all.

>>48412440
Ah, you're the deliberately obtuse anon who forces specific interpretations of a generally-worded sentence and who cleaves to a general interpretation of the same wording. Go fuck yourself and then high-five your face with a chair.
>>
>>48412912
You should be less rude.
>>
Okay, is replacement of the same class features at all a decent idea?
And if it's limited to 2 such archetypes in total. Ie, it forces the choice between freely combo'ed archetypes and just the two which are replacing the same class features.
And what if it's coupled with class talents?
>>
File: Confused.png (65KB, 506x500px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.png
65KB, 506x500px
>>48412777
You are not wrong, and your reasoning makes sense, but that doesn't invalidate that it just adds more annoying steps to trying to discuss or do anything in the system. If you don't have a consistent group, it also becomes even more of a headache to try to find groups.
>>
>>48412949
Go outside and play Pokemon Go.
>>
>>48412963
I mean, I don't disagree. It sucks, but it's a necessary step to make sure every is on the same level.

>>48412964
But it's hot!
>>
>>48412949
Being less rude in shitposting general...
>>
>>48412997
Yes, I know we can do this! We can all be excellent to one another and make the thread a better place and purge the shit posting scum from our thread!
>>
>>48413009
go fuck yourself faggot
>>
>>48413024
Oh no, I couldn't. That's lewd and uninteresting to everyone else!
>>
>>48412242
You know, I told this fucker when he first submitted the idea to just give the "underperforming" classes the best shit from multiple archetypes as class features. I even told him how to write out the clauses for ability stacking.

The simplest thing to do would be to just give the classes a free Archetype without replacing their class features.
>>
File: 1462795172923.jpg (219KB, 600x600px)
1462795172923.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
Spymaster's Handbook:

>Betrayed: You were reported to a dangerous authority such as the Gray Gardeners of Galt, the high inquisitors of Cheliax, or the Council of Mwanyisa of Mzali, and narrowly escaped death. You second-guess your instincts constantly, leaving you never sure whether or not to trust someone and endangered if you encounter that group’s agents again. You can roll twice and take the lower result on Sense Motive checks to get hunches. You cannot reroll this result, even if you have another ability that would normally allow you to do so.

>can

Sweet, a drawback that never affects you in any way!
>>
what is companion to the lonely?
>>
>>48413176
Good job, paizo.
>>
>>48413221
/pfg/ smut material.
>>
>>48413176
...Even if it was worded properly, I have never rolled sense motive to "get [a hunch]" in my LIFE. What does that MEAN?
>>
>>48412755
Yes, anon, we know that 2hu exists. Please don't remind us that that fucking tumor is alive.
>>
File: youmu worried_1.png (96KB, 230x295px)
youmu worried_1.png
96KB, 230x295px
>>48413252
Why so bully?
Please no bully.
>>
>>48413221

Vigilante talent. Spend an hour in pleasant physical contact with someone, and you get a pool equal to your CHA modifier or their CHA modifier, whichever's higher. You can use this pool to reroll Will saves or CHA-based skill checks.

It was released with Inner Sea Intrigue, and became the subject of many a conversation due to it providing characters with a mechanical incentive to engage in headpats.
>>
File: 2huConfusedWoof.jpg (402KB, 730x780px)
2huConfusedWoof.jpg
402KB, 730x780px
>>48413252
Nigga I'm not even talking about 2hu, or people in the thread in general. I was talking about retards you find in groups that insist paizo's rulings are god's holy law, that all errata is holy scripture, and that homebrewing and 3pp is of the devil.

just for you I'll use a 2hu image
>>
>Friend strongarms me into making a caster.
>Choose Oracle, level three, seems simple enough.
>Get stats the way I like them, choose Revelations and feats that I find amusing.
>Mixed support/tank, Sound Mystery with Hunger Curse.
>Discuss the rough work to friend.
>"It's shit. You know that Silent Spell doesn't make your spells, well, silent or stealthy in any way. It's a metamagic that removes the verbal casting type from a spell."
>Point out I'm taking Still Spell at a later level to make myself inconspicuous, and that both would protect me from grappling, entanglement, pinning, and Mute/Deafness.
>"You know, making bad characters affects your team. That's pretty specific to waste a Revelation and a feat on."
>Proceeds to gush over his Trox Alchemist, who can, at level three, be huge size with 4d6+8bite, 2x 3d6+8 claws + 2d6 sneak, with thirty swim speed.
>He promised he wouldn't break the game I'm DMing, and then proceeds to make a Socially retarded Halfling Cavalier that has so far one-shot every single thing I have put into the game.
>Tried to kill three NPCs I don't have blocks for just because they refused to accompany him in tombraiding.

I am this fucking close to just up and quitting entirely.
>>
>>48413338

Am I the only one that's glad Kagerou is getting more attention in art?
>>
>>48413382
Remove him.
>>
>>48413238
It's... literally the primary use of the Sense Motive skill. The first one that's listed, actually. Have you ever read the skills chapter?

>Hunch: This use of the skill involves making a gut assessment of the social situation. You can get the feeling from another's behavior that something is wrong, such as when you're talking to an impostor. Alternatively, you can get the feeling that someone is trustworthy.
>>
File: 1459177386015.jpg (501KB, 713x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1459177386015.jpg
501KB, 713x1000px
>>48413382
>"It's shit. You know that Silent Spell doesn't make your spells, well, silent or stealthy in any way. It's a metamagic that removes the verbal casting type from a spell."
>Point out I'm taking Still Spell at a later level to make myself inconspicuous

But you're wrong.

Even if a spell has no components, you still need feats to conceal the flashy casting as of Heroes of the Streets/Ultimate Intrigue.
>>
>>48413382
Talk to him out of game about his behavior. And then drop him from game if he continues.
>>
>>48413086
He clearly didn't like your god awful idea.
>>
>>48413382
just talk to him

if hes really unrreconcilable kick him from your group.
>>
>>48413086
Do you suffer from diarrhea overflow, because you're fucking full of yourself
>>
>>48413437
Ok, I didn't know that bit.

>>48412242
Ironskin Monk can stack with Hungry Ghost, makes him fucking unable to die at later levels.
>>
File: BoxBackFinal.jpg (196KB, 1000x559px)
BoxBackFinal.jpg
196KB, 1000x559px
Just bought the beginner box and I'm so ecited to learn how to play :)
>>
File: CdeHL6t.gif (6MB, 500x500px)
CdeHL6t.gif
6MB, 500x500px
>>48413755
Thank god they didn't give you the ranger's character sheet!
>>
>>48413770
I'll assume that was sarcasm.
>>
>>48413893
Have you seen the ranger? Harsk is even worse than anything else they could possibly include. That's even considering the errata.
>>
>>48413911
Sorry, I'm new to the game and had no idea what you said.

I just played a quick campaign with other friends and really liked it. The GameMaster told me that if I liked the game and wanted to learn more I should check out the Beginner Box, so I did. I'm really stoked to have more adventures in the future.
>>
>>48413953
I'm happy for you.

Don't listen to us. Go away and have fun with your friends. Everyone here is already too far gone.
>>
Alright, optimization challenge:

Make Harsk playable.

>>48413911
>>
>>48414033
What are the rules? Can we just rebuild him or...
>>
>>48414043
Has to use a crossbow, has to be a Dwarf, has to be a ranger in some sense of the word.
>>
>>48414033
Retraining to literally anything else.
>>
>>48414051
That's way too easy of a challenge if those are the only restrictions.
>>
Just DM'd my first Pathfinder game, started at LVL4 and went straight into a dungeon, spent a good 4-5 hours in there fighting undead and discovering cool items for a story I'm making up along the way. Goddamn this is infinitely more fun that 40k RPGs
>>
>>48414051
In some sense?

Vitalstrike Double Minotaur Crossbow sniper vigilante build. Only uses ranged attacks (and thus is a ranger). His social identity is of a dwarven merchant prince. His other is a mad law bringer, willing to do anything to restore order.
>>
>>48413953
Aah, you're very new. Listen to >>48414024, don't hang out here. This place is full of loser nerds who don't care about "fun", only numbers and balance. Once you understand how Pathfinder works (or, more specifically, doesn't), once you see behind the curtain, the fun begins to drain. Go from this place. Run, and never come back.

(Oh, and give D&D 5e a look, their beginners rules are free!)
>>
>>48414071
okay hard mode

have to use his same stats

have to have him deal at least an okay dpr

has to have at least two feats devoted to giant killing
>>
>>48414071
>first party only
>no Minotaur double crossbow
>no multiclassing
>>
>>48414133
That seems super simple. Just change everything else and make a competent bow user.
>>
>>48414144
gotta use CROSSbows.

you seem to not understand that literally the only thing that makes crossbows compete at a dpr standpoint is the gunslinger archetype 1st party
>>
>>48414161
Except the post I responded to said nothing about having to use crossbows.
>>
>>48414084
This person is a faggot: play whatever makes you happy, learn whatever makes you happy >>48413953
The only good advice is to bounce from here ASAP.
>>
>>48414051
>>48414173
>has to use a crossbow

are you artistic?
>>
>>48414191
Not the post I was responding to. Can you read?
>>
>>48414210
my bad

thought the post was intended to be an additive to the already established rules of the first one

i aint tryna split hairs or argue no more though. do it or dont.
>>
What would be better for a double crossbow vital strike sniper, the sniper rogue or the sniper slayer?
Also, could unchained rogue get DEX to damage with crossbows?
>>
>>48414210
It's the spirit of the post. Okay smart guy try his on for size
>15 point buy or use same stats
>No Minotaur Double Crossbow
>Must use a Crossbow in some capacity
>No 3rd Party material
>No multi classing
>Must be a dwarf
>Must be anti-giant
>>
>>48414252
The iconics are built on 20 points, as a PC.
>>
File: 1468695663520.jpg (102KB, 718x718px)
1468695663520.jpg
102KB, 718x718px
>>48413511
>>48413584
>Anon posting the other, worse version of what I said
>People saying it's shit
>I'm full of myself

Niggers please.
>>
>>48413086
What was your idea?
>>
>>48414275
Are you claiming his idea as your own now?
>>
>>48414323
Let's not pretend it's a new idea.
>>
>>48414182
>ignore this guy's advice, instead, let me iterate it again!
You said basically the same thing I did, dude.
>>
>>48414252
Easy peasy, Vigilante with their super sneak and snipping. No double crossbow, but still a vital strike build. Get those sweet d8s to damage.
>>
File: 05 - kk0xvtx.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
05 - kk0xvtx.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>48414443
>>
>>48414443
>Insisting on Vigilante as if it fits the Ranger
>>
>>48414502
Vigilante can fit anything.
Vigilante is literally be X class except wear a mask and a retarded outfit
>>
>>48414518
Oh, so like ranger but it wears a mask?
>>
>>48414525
And not shit.
>>
>>48414381
If you're Class Talents guy, we both came up with the idea, yes. What I'm saying is I said it earlier.

>>48414315
There were three ways to go about it: either give the class a free Archetype bolted on to the normal chassis (like a self-Gestalt), give the useful Archetype abilities out as Talents (the Vigilante option) or allow the player to exchange some sort of character option, like Bonus Feats, for overlapping Archetypes (the VMC/Eldritch Heritage option).

There's also just making another class or making an Archetype that gives you multiple abilities for one single trade (Wizards and Clerics get these). You could also make the relevant Archetype abilities a Style or Trick feat.
>>
>>48414275
>>48414335
At least he isn't a piece of shit who isn't acting high and mighty, what was even your idea?
>>
>>48410330
Anevia Tirabade (formerly Aneve). She's married to the half-orc paladin Irabeth Tirabade (whose bio makes a point of stating she was born of a loving *consensual* relationship between an orc warrior and a local woman).

"Irabeth learned from her father—an orc possessed of a near-saintly level of calm and self-restraint—the value of an even temper and the responsibility that comes with physical power as he dealt with such incidents honorably and even-temperedly."

Breaking up stereotypes about all half-orcs being rape-babies is all well and good, but Paizo might have gone a *little* overboard by making that couple the poster-children for Tolerance in Golarion on *all* those issues (same-sex marriage, gender issues, half-orc parentage, half-orcs being paladins etc.).
>>
So I am letting my party start with a stronghold using the Stronghold Builder's guide from 3.5. They're a group of 5 dwarves part of a single family, gifted the money for the stronghold by a noble.

I am honestly not sure what budget to give them. The stipulation is they have to use the budget on the stronghold, but I am unsure how much I should hand over.
>>
>>48414762
Well, you could try reading the book and talking with them to get a rough idea of what they want to build, and giving them roughly that much gold. Maybe a little less than it, with chances IC to make their own through it so they become more attached to the place.
>>
>>48414818
See that's the thing. They want to build their own but they need a budget before they can do any building. Without a budget you can't really have a concept because it changes the entire design and focus of the thing.
>>
>>48414714
>Anevia Tirabade (formerly Aneve).
*formerly Anvenn

Finally referred to my books. My memory might be good, but it's not infallible.
>>
File: veilweavers.gif (485KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
veilweavers.gif
485KB, 272x251px
Akashit Mysteries PDF when?
>>
>>48414982
When you stop shit posting.
>>
>>48414869
Then look at the prices on stuff, compare it to what a reasonably sized keep is, and give them like 150% of that or so. Gives some breathing room and shit to expand with. If it turns out
>>
>>48414982
When DSP is ready to make money again.
>>
>>48414982
Gareth's not around, but maybe we can ask Forrest? He tends to follow this thread and knows things.
>>
>>48414982
Every time you ask, the release gets pushed back another week. Current scheduled release date: 2492. Buck Rogers says he rather enjoyed it.
>>
>>48415463
Last I heard... Last month.

We seriously gotta ask DSP, how does a book that finished playtest before Path of War Expanded get released after it, monster classes, steelforge, and whatever the fuck else.
>>
So, can someone recommend me some good hex crawl adventures. I need to steal material.
>>
>>48415463
Forrest has work, I don't imagine she would be up this early in the morning.
>>
Any one have any tricks for building a character to non-lethally capture enemies? I want to build a bounty hunter NPC who is trying to catch members of my Vigilante PC party. They have 3 level 5 members.
>>
>>48415548
Well, we COULD ask DSP, if some asshats hadn't told them to GTFO for a while.
>>
>>48415565
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/golden-legion-s-stayed-blade
>>
>>48415570
And stay gone
>>
>>48415584
Oh shush.
>>
>>48415570
I was the asshat who told him that he has been real negative lately and PFG has been hostile to him, so maybe he should take a break.

Him staying away for a week or two is a good thing. The dude is fragile enough as is, he doesn't need us making his shit worse.
>>
>>48415548

The compiled PDF file was corrupted, so they had to start from scratch. Or so I heard, anyways.
>>
>>48414650
Was experimenting with options bruh, I'll start wording the other options and see how it pans out. No need to be a fuck about it.
>>
Anons, I'm incredibly bored. Bored out of my mind. I want to make characters and then play them, and my RL group isn't meeting until next week.

Is there a semi-decent place to find games in recruitment that aren't complete shit? PbP or similar would probably be better because work commitments.
>>
I'm that Fighter 5 that has to kill a 9th level wizard alone from a few threads back.

The game ended up breaking apart. The DM continues to insist that I "should have been able to solve it". His idea was that I would charge towards his alchemical equipment and get him to throw a fireball at me(even though he uses enchantments mainly) and then succeed both reflex saves to not instantly die in the resulting explosions. Keeping in mind that this wizard would have to fireball *himself* for that to work.

So, just don't ever let someone named Ivan/Espagnoll be your DM.
>>
>>48416126
>Espagnoll
Anon, are you new here? This is a legitimate question, I'm not trying to be a dick.

Because Esfagnoll is a fairly fucking notorious shitposting nigger who literally ruins everything he touches, probably even worse than 2hu does. 2hu is pretty awful, don't get me wrong here, but at least he understands rules and has some vague degree of common sense.
>>
File: commies_favourite.webm (3MB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
commies_favourite.webm
3MB, 840x473px
Anybody live in anchorage, alaska? I'm sick of hosting online tables but don't have irl friends that re into pathfinder.
>>
>>48416149
Not him, but I've been around for the better part of a year and I've never encountered him. Where can i witness this horror?
>>
File: IMG_002018.jpg (569KB, 1200x1600px)
IMG_002018.jpg
569KB, 1200x1600px
>>48416149
I... am new to /pfg/, yes. New to Pathfinder as well, if me playing a fighter didn't give it away.

I feel like I should be surprised that he's well known here, but I am somehow not at all. Well, shit, I guess I'm preaching to the choir.
>>
>>48416170
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/15877/reign-of-win-slash-tg-slash-er

He's restarting the campaign that >>48416126 was in, looks like.
>>
>>48416164
There are fewer than 60 unique IPs in this thread. What do you think the odds are that someone else here is from Anchorage?

Good on you for asking though. Fuck the odds
>>
>>48416170
>>48416172
http://www.sofurry.com/view/757023
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/16095404/#16095404
https://www.google.com/#q=Espagnoll+%2Ftg%2F

I'm sure there're other bits, but everything I've personally seen/heard of him indicates that he's a collosal faggot of the worst kind, and one of the people that gives tripfags a bad name.
>>
I promised to keep an eye on an npc Drow at the beginning of the game when the prison released her the minute we turned her in for the reward. She keeps causing my team trouble but she's in bed with one of my teammates.

I want to apprehend and arrest her but my team is annoyed whenever I focus on apprehending her. For instance, last game she lead my team into a trap and then tried to run away. Because I didn't metagame knowledge of the trap and my character only saw her running, he chased after her. Upon learning of the trap, he attempted to apprehend her. In doing so, it lasted the entirety of the duration of the trap (all my allies survived).

As a paladin, I am making the correct choice. Right? Should I just drop it with that NPC since my team is getting annoyed with it? Should I metagame?

Also, is running to a trap that I shouldn't know about to rescue teammates considered metagaming?
>>
>>48416209
>sofurry.com
I really don't want to click that link

Plus the motherfucker had the nerve to talk down to someone in the archived thread for it when he has that as his first result in google.
>>
>>48416223
Does she detect as evil?

Also, the Paladin's Code of Conduct prohibits you from working with people who "offend your moral code."

Source:
>a paladin avoids working with evil characters or with anyone who consistently offends her moral code.

I would say that leading your supposed allies into a trap would be pretty offensive to a Paladin, so abandoning her and/or murdering her ass would be completely okay according to your Code.

If you're more concerned with keeping your promise to look after her instead of just getting rid of her like you probably should, treat her like the prisoner she really should be. Tie her up and sling her over the back of your horse when you travel, and keep her tied down when you rest.

If she is a liability to the group and your cause as a Paladin, it is your responsibility to keep her from continuing to hamper you.
>>
>>48416185
Yeah if dnd has taught me anything its that the odds can be beaten if you challenge them often enough.
>>
>>48416229
The furry thing, at least in this particular case, isn't actually that bad. It's just him writing in broken english and making one of those embarrassingly shitty profiles you find on ERP boards written by a lot of male subs.
>>
I'm new to the system and I'm playing in a game run by a childhood friend of mine. Two of the other players are also new but the other three are clearly veterans and they have these obnoxiously OP "optimal" characters that kill everything before I, and the other newbies, get to do anything.

Does this happen a lot with this system?
>>
>>48416282
It should be noted that I am actually a Chosen One paladin focused on Cayden Cailean. Because my character is an 18 year old drunkard and thought saying he's a follower of Cayden would allow him to get drunk off his ass all the time in the name of worship. The other gods laughed and bet with Cayden that this kid would never make it, Cayden took the bet.

So he started less strict with following the rules but has since smartened up and actually started respecting the ideals of a paladin and Cayden himself. However, in doing so, has started to realize that his companions are shifty as fuck. Yet, needs to work with them to find/save his mother and take back the city from the villains.

The promise of keeping an eye on the Drow was his first serious commitment and has ever since been trying to keep an eye on her. But dislikes the idea of keeping her in his own personal bondage because it would restrict her freedom and, because he's 18 with low int/wisdom, believes it would be frowned upon by Cayden.

tl;dr- Can't keep her in bondage/slavery because Paladin of Cayden. Teammates are shifty but need them to retake the city and save his mother. I will consider forcing her to stay by my side though, as much as possible. Thanks.
>>
>>48414133
Actually the Minotaur Double Crossbow is PFS-legal, so it's as 1st party as things get.
>>
>>48416402
Just quit the campaign while you're ahead. You ran into the worst of being a paladin and there's no saving it at this point.
>>
>>48410427
>>
ya gotta clean and bleach the bones, after that it's probably fine.

>bloody skeleton
assuming this wasn't meant literally.
>>
>>48416445
So I should just create a new character or change classes instead of working with group dynamics that prevent my character from keeping true to his group dynamics? I don't want to quit the campaign because I play with friends and it's one of my few social activities that I can enjoy with my depression.
>>
>>48416508
Making a paladin to begin with was not the best of decisions. You might talk to your GM about it and ask if you can just retcon that plot thread so you can keep this character. If he doesn't allow it, you'll probably have to make a new one.
>>
>>48416516
Yeah, I fell into enjoying what a paladin was but didn't realize how shifty this group was. It just got even worse when a new party member that we recently added that is an actual EDGY XDDDD LMAO tiefling who is chaotic evil that tried to kill an innocent store clerk. (I wasn't there that game but it hearing this made me want to actually kill that character).

I might just switch over to being a Vigilante or something, I guess. Thanks.
>>
>>48416516

Thanks, I've decided to just switch over to my character being a synthesist summoner with his power coming from his familiar or his mother. I'd let the DM decide which one so it can be a surprise to myself.

I already have a "frankenstein arm" that I can use similar to Nero from DMC4 from cult shenanigans, so it's easy to do a class switch story wise. Just have my arm wake up with new class power and junk. And then have his goal be to leave this shifty ass organization and redeem himself in Cayden's eyes (probably at the end of the campaign).

Thanks!
>>
I want to play a Zweihander Sentinel Warder but I want to how I should be building him.

1. Should I spend my human bonus feat on EWP for a Fauchard over using a a Nodachi (or greatsword idk),basically paying a feat for easier early AOOs, a real 10ft reach rather than 5ft+5ft for AOOs from defensive reach and the trip ability?

2. Is it worth investing in crit for warder, if so, again, Nodachi/Greatsword/Fauchard?

3. Is Seize the Opportunity from Expanded and vital strike worth taking for the extra weapon dice on AOOs?
>>
>>48416393
That does tend to happen, particularly if the DM is running the campaign on a relatively easy difficulty for new players. Next time you're at the table just bring it up with him and the veteran players, maybe see if they can tone it down a bit so the newbies have a chance to shine, or maybe have the DM increase the encounter difficulty so there's more encounter for everyone.
>>
New thread:
>>48417218
>>48417218
>>48417218
>>48417218
>>48417218
>>
>>48413382
>Halfling Cavalier
>Trox Alchemist focused on natural attacsk

Kill him with fucking magic.
>>
>>48414033
Trade out that fucking crossbow for a real weapon.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.