[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Magic The Gathering - The Death of Hastings Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 57.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
Good morning and welcome back to Ask A Judge!
>>
Okay so.
Ice Cave.
The card is super dope, but it's left me wondering something. If I play an X spell, do we need to keep track of the colors used to play it or can they just pay generic for the X like I can?
>>
>>48403371
You just pay the mana cost. If I cast an Inferno Titan by tapping 6 Mountains, the mana cost is not RRRRRR, it's 4RR. Ice Cave lets you counter by paying the mana cost (the thing in the top right), not "what the other person paid"

For X spells, you just need to match the amount for X, and match the colored costs of the spell. A Fireball for X=6 cast entirely off of Mountains will get shut down by the black/red player tapping 6 Swamps and a Mountain just fine, because they're paying the mana cost of 6R.
>>
>>48402817
With Liliana heretical healer, If I use damnation and it hits both her and a creature I control, does she trigger exiling her and returning her transformed or does she go to the graveyard and get stuck there?
>>
>>48403839
She does trigger, because she sees the other creature die.

Then that trigger tries to exile a Liliana that no longer exists, because the only place it's looking for her is on the battlefield. It fails, so effectively nothing happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 265x370px
Should you scoop if this thing Ultimates?
>>
>>48403965
Not necessarily. It can get out of hand pretty fast, but that's not an insta-scoop. You might be able to outrace them if you have big evasive threats, for example, or if you can secure an answer before they can go too crazy (in EDH an Elesh Norn basically blanks the emblem as long as she's out, and a well timed Darkness into Massacre Wurm can turn their army into a weapon for you)
>>
>>48403851
Bleh, that's what I was told too, I figured they were right, but it's always nice to double check. Thanks.
>>
>>48403965
You actually have answers in most colors to that (assuming Lili just used her ult). This is especially true in white with cards like hallowed moonlight, decleration in stone, avacyn flip, ect. Red has a few like Kozilek's return, and Black has Languish and bitting rain. You gotta be quick to finish after that though, or keep her zombies down consistently.
>>
File: gA bad time.png (174KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
gA bad time.png
174KB, 400x300px
threadly reminder
>>
Do the lands types :Plains, Mountain, Island, Forest, and Swamp inherentry tap for mana of their respecter color? Even if they are not of the Basic supertype?

For example if any shockland just read "As blood crypt enters the battlefield..." but didn't say it taps for black and red. The mountain and swamp inherently do so.
Same for cards that turn things into the basic land type, urborg, blood moon, songs of the dryad etc.
>>
>>48407867
Yes
>>
>>48407867
305.6. The basic land types are Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest. If an object uses the words "basic land type," it's referring to one of these subtypes. A land with a basic land type has the intrinsic ability "{T}: Add [mana symbol] to your mana pool," even if the text box doesn't actually contain that text or the object has no text box. For Plains, [mana symbol] is {W}; for Islands, {U}; for Swamps, {B}; for Mountains, {R}; and for Forests, {G}. See rule 107.4a. See also rule 605, "Mana Abilities."
Basic land types inherently convey the ability to tap for the appropriate kind of mana; they put it on the shocks to be clear, so people wouldn't think it was a land that ETB tapped unless you pay 2 AND it doesn't do anything.
>>
>>48408224
>Basic land types inherently convey the ability to tap for the appropriate kind of mana
even wastes?
>>
>>48410674
"Wastes" is not a basic land type, so no.
>>
>>48410674
>The basic land types are Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.