[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 41

File: Life from the Loam.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Life from the Loam.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

No questions this time. Just talk about the metagame.

Eldritch Moon card image gallery:
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eldritch-moon
>>
File: metagame.png (1MB, 1230x1558px) Image search: [Google]
metagame.png
1MB, 1230x1558px
The overall and paper Modern Metagame.
(1 month old).

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
>http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml

Modern deck primers link:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern
>>
>>48394839
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptsoi/where-modern-goes-from-here-2016-04-24
Feel free to hate
>>
File: Bedlam Reveler.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Bedlam Reveler.png
141KB, 223x311px
>>48394839
So has anyone actually played with Eldritch Moon cards so far? Which card overperformed?
>>
File: Tamiyo, Field Researcher.png (164KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Tamiyo, Field Researcher.png
164KB, 265x370px
Original format OP here.
Thank you guys for continuing to post the proper thread in my week-long+ absence.

I believe Modern Nexus will have the new Metagame statistics out tomorrow.

I'm glad Wizards didn't ban anything, Modern is still evolving after Eldrazi winter and is looking the best it's been.
We get a few new cards from ENM to brew with as well. I've run into a few decks on Xmage using Eldrich Evo (Abzan Company + Kiki-Chord) and a Delver list running Bedlam Reveler that seemed decent.

Get brewing!
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/h13_mar1/
Will this last for two seconds in the current meta, or will this just be good to play with friends?
>>
>>48395345
Since you'll probably take over in the near future, here's a few notes I can't stress enough:

>If you absolutely must include questions, focus on metagame questions. "Playing/Brewing?" are wastes of posts. There was a thread once asking about Eldrazi, Dredge and Shadow and the discussion it spawned was great: people actually talked about how their metas evolved and how they're preparing for them.

>Include the Decklists link in the second post. By far the most useful link in the whole post, with primers.

>Don't use Standard-legal cards for the OP. That includes Nahiri.

Thanks
>>
>>48395345
>>48395819
Oh and keep the card image gallery link for the latest set in the OP.
>>
>>48395819
>Don't use Standard-legal cards for the OP. That includes Nahiri.
>The most impacting card on the metagame since the eldrazi were banned
>>
>>48396004
It's fine to discuss it, but don't lure the "hey I opened this card in a booster pack, is this any good? im a new player" in this thread.

It always ends up with someone telling them to get the fuck out of this thread and nobody's happy.
>>
>RG Tron
>WE WAS KANGZ
>>
File: le balanced robot of fun games.jpg (500KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
le balanced robot of fun games.jpg
500KB, 1920x1120px
>>48396087
>>
>>48396100
>not being able to deal with 7 mana vindicate that dies to combat damage and bolt
>>
>>48396100
Not my fault you have no board presence by turn 3
>>
>>48396133
>implying it matters how much it costs as long as your opponent can play it on turn 3
>>
>>48396350
If your deck cant handle a T3 Karn, you should be looking at other options to play
>>
Why wont WotC print Mystic Confluence in Modern?
>>
>>48396512
Because cryptic is better
>>
>>48396554
Counter draw 2 would be nice tho
>>
>>48396571
For 5 mana? Whate are you even countering at that point
>>
>>48396004
>Nahiri
>The most impacting card on the metagame since the eldrazi were banned

Did you actually mean Glistener Elf, Tarmogoyf, and Lightning Bolt?
>>
>>48396659
It's possible since most decks don't run more than 23 lands. Mana Leak is often relevant past turn 5
>>
>>48396887
I'm sorry you can't read
>>
Does anyone else feel like Nahiri is better than JtMS would be in this format? They don't even need to unban him now.
>>
>>48396972
JtMS has always been the boogey man of modern. He will never be unbanned
>>
Eldritch Moon is now officially Modern-legal.
>>
Xth for Esper is sweet but counterspells in modern are poop.
>>
>>48399809
Good
Go play legacy if you want a counterspell format
>>
>>48396972
>They don't even need to unban him now.
Yes they do considering in their own words they want the ban list to be as small as possible.

>>48397014
Grave Troll was the boogeyman.
>>
File: Hallowed Moonlight_ORI.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hallowed Moonlight_ORI.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>48400065
>Grave Troll was the boogeyman.
Speaking of which, what are some good dredge hate cards that are still live against other decks? Something along the lines of pic related.
>>
>>48400149
That card is beyond awful
>>
>>48400149
>Grafdigger's Cage
Hates on things coming back, also hates on Chord.

>Rest in Peace
Obviously hates on dredge, but also makes life hard for Grixis and even Junk since Goyf and Souls need the yard.

>Scavenging Ooze
Honestly this thing is retarded. It's graveyard hate that also just casually generates massive value.
>>
>>48400149
Just noticed this stops tokens while containment priest doesn't.
>>
>>48400180
>hoses Nahiri
>and dredge
>and tokens
>>
>48394879
Rune Snag is a Mana Leak that gets better lategame. If you're running 4 Mana Leaks, I would virtually always rather run Rune Snag.
>>
>>48400299
I'm afraid it has to resolve first. A much better hoser for Nahiri would be Word of Seizing.
>>
>>48400306
>protection from colored spells
>>
>>48400324
No you dumbshit, you take the Nahiri in your turn and ult her yourself.
>>
>>48400330
>Ult Nahiri yourself
>Bring out Snapcaster Mage, get value
>Get snapcaster back in hand
Not impressive, but certainly neat.
>>
>>48400149
Personally I've always been a fan of maindecking 1 relic of progentius. Not the best graveyard hate, a good dredge player will fill up their graveyard too quickly and "force" you to pop it then proceed to start over. Nonetheless I find a little speed bump is often enough to let you get far enough ahead where you can race the dredge player once they reset. Also, if nothing else it cantrips.
>>
damn it BW tokens shits on control
>>
How is this red deck wins it's the tolarian comunity college deck with Vexing Devil switched instead of shock I'm thinking of buying it i know it's not gonna beat any meta decks but hoping it will do well at my local game store
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Lava Spike
4x Rift Bolt
4x Shard Volley
4x Hellspark Elemental
4x Keldon Mauraders
4x Magma Jet
4x Vexing Devil
4x Spark Elemental
4x Skullcrack
4x Searing Blaze
>>
>>48400602
You'll beat normal burn.
>>
>>48400602
It'll beat some decks for sure, but the overall low power level will leave it weak in some match ups.

How's your sideboard looking? Splashing white for a Deflecting Palm can be a blow out against big creature decks.
>>
>>48400684
I need suggestions on a sideboard probably gonna put some leyline the punisher wanted to put blood moons in but it's at like $40 a card now which i don't feel like spending for my sideboard at least for right now what do you suggest?
>>
>>48400684
And lightning helix
>>
Blessed Alliance made esper draw go a T1.5 powerlevel deck desu
>>
File: 4[1].jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
4[1].jpg
61KB, 312x445px
What are some unusual techs you've seen?

Someone boarded this in during a game I was watching at my locals and hit an Anger of the Gods with it.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-07-16-esper-mill/
Mill will be real in modern
>>
Why are people brewing with garbage when they could be rebuilding Rhino Pod this week?
>>
>>48402280
Because people haven't found the list yet. Players want lists.
>>
>>48401864
I'd love to cast that against Anger with a board of tokens
>>
>>48403887
That was pretty much what happened. They were playing a kind of janky BWR token aristocrats kind of thing. They gained like 24 life off it.
>>
>>48401864
Imagine playing this in response to blasphemous act.
>>
>>48400553
Lingering Souls is a pain in the ass in general, that's why I always pack Engineered Explosives, Night of Souls' Betrayal, or Detention Sphere somewhere in the 75.
>>
>>48404154
Echoing truth is pretty decent too.
>>
>>48404178
echoing truth is a bomb card even for non token targets
>>
>>48401864
I main board warping wails instead of pyroclasm (in the SB now) in my Tron deck. Twin players never expect it and it usually means I can play a turn 3 Ugin
>>
>>48404178
Last time I tried to Echoing Truth a spirit against Junk, he Abrupt Decayed it in response. I died the next turn.
>>
>>48404698
>Twin players
>>
>>48404716
You have the same problem with det sphere though.
>>
>>48404154
>Night of Souls' Betrayal

Why not just Illness?
>>
>>48404932
This is true, although Sphere can be replayed with Cryptic.

>>48404962
NoSB is also great against Infect, Chord, DnT, Bogles, etc. Illness in the ranks is too narrow for Modern.
>>
>>48404769
its an old meme from the before times
>>
>>48405140
Is it time for old memes that should've been forgotten?
>>
>>48405203
man i miss that guy... wonder if he ever got to rev for 15
>>
>>48405203
>UW
Fucking kill me now. This is truly the most sleep-inducing color combination in every format.
>>
File: 1446885309939.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1446885309939.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>48405239
And we got the brief sequel, Mr. "Chained to the Rocks in a better Path to Exile.", where he can also rev for 15.
>>
>>48405316
Not him (obviously) but it's an interesting trade off between removing until it's broken and them getting a basic (which early game is really bad for you)
That said instant vs sorcery speed is an obvious as to which to pick
>>
>>48405342
Cont
I could see someone playing it as a path #5 if it's that important
>>
>>48405353
I was going to say myself I could see a RW deck that runs 2 chained to the rocks with its paths just to really fucking keep things clear.
>>
>>48405316
Remand is just the modern version of Time Walk

good times, good times
>>
>>48405353
It is a question that can be debated, with the fact that sorcery speed, ghost quarter, abrupt decay and other methods of removing the land or the enchantment making Path better in my mind, but the man who made this deck defended Chained to the Rocks as a "Strictly better Path to Exile." And, if I remember correctly, other highlights included temples being better than shocks and a complete unwillingness to accept criticism and that the deck was bad. It was a bit ago, so I can't exactly remember the full story.
>>
>>48405382
Oh yeah then he's just a total asshat
>>
What do you guys think about the "Eldrazi Robots" deck? Basically it's Affinity where all the 2 and 3 drops are replaced with Vile Aggrigate, Thought-Knot Seer, and Reality Smasher. One idea I see floating around is cutting Galvanic Blast / Thought cast for Ancient Stirrings.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/445964#online
>>
>>48394857
You do know that news is 3 months old right?
>>
>>48405908
That's PMayne's list. Watch the videos on YouTube.

It looks cool but I personally like Bant Eldrazi better.
>>
>>48405908
>let's remove the synergistic curve toppers in an iconic modern deck and replace with aggressively costed beat sticks

I fucking hate the new eldrazi
>>
>>48394894
This.

I need to know how Bedlam Reveler is in Delver
>>
>>48405203

I haven't seen this is a while, thank you for posting

What's the highest anyone has revved for during an event? Anyone here manage to hit the holy 15 cards?
>>
>>48407028
How about you download xmage and try it
>>
>>48405203
idk why, but i find the one of flooded strand hilarious.
>>
>>48406361
I guess it has the advantage of getting you out of Artifact hate, but it is kind of fucking disgusting.
>>
>>48407114
>>48407028
Tried two of em in a U/R delver/prowess list sans Scours, haven't tried it in any Grixis list yet.

He's amazing. Not sure on the numbers (having two in hand means one gets discarded when you cast it, which could have been another cantrip or something, although drawing another off of one is really nice)
He feels like Treasure Cruise, it's the perfect curve topper that provides that gas that Delver needs to refuel.

He's 100% an autoinclude of at least one copy in any U/R delver/prowess list.
>>
>>48407058
>What's the highest anyone has revved for during an event? Anyone here manage to hit the holy 15 cards?
Most I've done is like 9. 15 is basically impossible in a deck with fetchlands because by the time you have almost every land in your deck in play you've almost decked yourself.
>>
>>48407058
I sleeve up jeskai ascendancy gifts for the laughs sometimes. I once hit a Rev for 20 with all the shenanigans. Not really the same but it was pretty funny

It's times like that where I'm glad i didn't cut the singleton rev
>>
>>48407497
I really want to run it in rug delver but he doesn't play well with mandrills. I could go less monkeys but they're so good. I'd also have to tweak the mana base
>>
Affinity pilots, what are your outs of choice to Stony Silence or do you have a fearless approach towards it? From what I've tested online you can sometimes grind through it with Champions but getting it with Thoughtseize t1 seems like the best approach.
>>
>>48407679
I sold my deck because of the card.
It turns your deck into a pile of shit and results in the worst games of magic I've ever played. Not salty, just a dumb card
>>
>>48407719
Wizards has printed some ridiculously good hate in the past few years. Stony Silence and Rest in Peace are insane. There are also cards like Containment Priest and Hallowed Moonlight(?) (the thing that does the same thing as Containment Priest).

I don't know why they would print shit that completely nullifies decks. I hate them just a bit more for it because it completely boots interesting decks out of the metagame.

We had Tormod's Crypt, Leyline, Nihil Spellbomb, and Relic of Progenitus. And they thought we needed Rest in Peace as a card.

Seriously, fuck them. Creeping Corrosion, Ancient Grudge, and Shatterstorm weren't enough so we have to print fucking Stony Silence. Fucking Null Rod.
>>
>>48407679
Game 2 you kind of turn into a half-assed control deck. If you're afraid of Stony Silence, run Blue Affinity with Thoughtcasts and dig for answers.
>>
>>48407797
If you're going to play a hyper linear strategy, getting hosed is part of the game.
>>
>>48407831
That protorobowolf and shit like etched champion (or even something like scissors) could work as a sb plan. Just pull out the platings/ravagers/overseers and jam some vedalkens too. Fuck activated abilities.
>>
>>48407831
The thing is, 3-for-1s with Electrolyze, Pithing Needle, all the other artifact hate sideboard bullets etc are already perfectly fine answers, Stony just reads "have 2+ Champions or lose the game". It's not like the deck is even close to (eternal format) Dredge which wins every single game not involving hate.
>>48407866
I don't think there's enough space for the wolf in the sb and from what I read on MTGS it's a pretty bad fit overall, either gets chumped for days or is not active due to sketchy draws.
>>
>>48407866
It shuts down your mana sources including some lands ffs

>>48407831
Where's the mass land hate for tron then?
Not everyone wants to play fucking midrange. You shouldn't be hopelessly punished for that. Hose cards aren't good design. Takes no skill, etc. Pay 2 mana to kill an entire deck.
>>
File: image:109239.jpg (35KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109239.jpg
35KB, 312x445px
Why do people have such an autistic rage boner against Burn?
People always seem to be salty when they lose to it or cry about how """"cheap"""" the strategy is
>>
>>48407831
The point is that we already had the hosers in nearly every other color.

And then they go and print an ultra trump card that makes all the other previous options look weak.

It's not like graveyard decks lacked hate. There were some decisions to be made whether you ran Relic or Leyline or Nihil Spellbomb. In Vintage they have to think about Ravenous Trap too.

Affinity had Hurkyl's, Artifact Wraths, and Grudge to contend with. That's hard enough on its own. And Stony Silence is just outright better than most of them if you can play it.

I just feel like their design philosophy is all fucked. I understand that universally powerful hate like Wasteland and Force of Will can hammer on an immense range of decks but shutting down linear strategies to such a degree simply means you can't play those linear strategies at all. And they've printed so much pinpoint hate that I could probably argue it's damaged the diversity of the metagame as much as Wasteland or Force of Will would in Modern. Because look, fucking Jund is king (again) - that deck all good-stuff cards in the same way Wasteland is a good-stuff card.

I'm not saying I want Affinity, Burn, Living End, or Storm to be the best decks in the world. But the hate for them is so strong that lesser decks that eat the same sort of hate as collateral damage are nudged out.
>>
>>48407992
Despite the fact that Stony Silence exists, Affinity is still Tier 1 and consistently putting in good results. It's good hate against a great deck and that's not necessarily enough.
>>
>>48407992
I agree entirely, but Jund is a poor example when it can't even run rip or stony.
>>
Stony silence should have been WW or 2W
>>
>>48407909
Yes, if you don't diversify your game plan you will be easily blown out. Going all in and not packing counter hate is fair.

>>48407914
Does it take skill to cast a terminate at a creature? What does that even mean
>>
>>48408285
I think Stony Silence is overall OK to exist since Modern lacks Null Rod.

Rest in Peace however, is a fucking retarded card.
>>
>>48408355
Terminate doesn't hose your entire deck
>>
>>48408403
Because you didn't build a linear deck. Point is, saying that a card "takes no skill" to cast is fucking stupid
>>
>>48408355
More skill than slamming a 2 mana card that says you lose if you're playing an artifact strategy. If blood moon is so bad and is constantly brought up as ban worthy then these cards are no better.
Oh but moon hoses midrange and we can't have that
>>
>>48408427
Retard of the year award lmao
>>
>>48408440
Exactly, "ban this card that beats me" is stupid regardless of what the card is.

>>48408466
Building a deck without answers to cards that beat you is retarded.
>>
>>48407347
The affinity hate is what has me interested in the deck. I hate that for most decks I have to be mindful of stony silence, shatter storm, and ancient grudge, to name a few.
>>
>>48407978
because outside of maybe legacy the deck is very easy to play and steals wins against better players. The number of times I've lost to top decksof lethal against full retard kids who's parents bought the deck for like $100 is amazing.
>>
>>48409307
Shouldve played better? I play Legacy and Modern Burn. The deck is good but its not amazing and can be beat easily enough. If people bitch so badly about a deck like Burn id hate to see them get Counter Top'd out of the game or Tendrils for 10 Storm on turn 2. Theyd probably shit their pants with rage.
>>
>>48409791
>Theyd probably shit their pants with rage.
They do. That's why the modern ban list is so large and stupid.
>>
File: image:109200.jpg (35KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109200.jpg
35KB, 312x445px
>>48409849
Heres how you can tell a mad cus bad shitter apart
1) Complains incessantly about Affinity, Burn, and Infect and how OP they are
2) "I just didnt draw right"
3) cries constantly about how theres no """"true"""" control deck
Theres probably more but thats the gist of it
>>
>>48409791
>>48409941
Look I'm not complaining about the deck, he asked why people complained so I told him. It's just frustrating to loose to a cheap and easy to play deck. Also control decks don't exist in modern to the same degree they do in legacy so stopping your opponent from just bolting your dome every turn is hard.
>>
>>48407679

you basically scoop to it unless you have a weird hand that can win through it, with multiples of master of etherium, signal pests, etched champion, or bl/inkmoth nexuses.

the hate available out there for affinity is very strong. you get through it by winning most of your game ones and then winning one of two of the following.
>>
>>48405203
I never noticed how autistic Azorious Charm looked. I guess its fitting for the UW theme.
>>
>>48410402
>how autistic Azorious Charm looked.
>autistic
This word doesn't mean what you think it means
>>
>>48407679

>what are your outs of choice to Stony Silence

GHIRAPUR AETHER GRID
>>
Is anyone else tired of terribly designed cards forcing out really interesting ones, or forcing in more terrible ones? Like look at Rhino, Vengevine, and CoCo, they all killed something cool by being stupid, or force in tons of stupid.

Pod and Survival were banned because of terribly designed cards, and people screamed "they had to ban them! They restricted design space!"

But then when they print CoCo, a card that actively restricts design space and deckbuilding by circumventing timing restrictions and giving free value, and suddenly nobody cares and it's legal.
>>
>>48411034
>Vengevine
You what? This is an example of a well designed card
>>
Is there any modern format streams going on for emn release?
>>
>>48411051
Vengevine is Ichorid's inbred retarded cousin that nobody asked for, that killed Survival of the Fittest in entirety.

The entire archetype it was printed for, "fixed" Dredge, is either T99 or doesn't even run Vengevine over Amalgam.
>>
>>48411051
Spot the dredge player
>>
>>48411304
>>48411307
A card that is good for a specific archetype while not being jammed into every green deck is good.

Why are you bringing up survival in a modern thread?
>>
>>48411304
Amalgam is worse in every way. No haste and a smaller body
>>
>>48411354
It's worse in every way except the most important one, which is how easy it is to reanimate. That's why Dredge with Amalgam is dangerous and resilient, and Dredgevine is a pile of jank.
>>
>>48411494
>not running both

The omission of Vengevine/gravecrawler from some Modern dredge lists is silly imo. Neonate adds another onedrop to help trigger it, Gravecrawler can trigger Amalgam and vise versa, turn 2 Vengevine(s) is scary as fuck.
It's mostly a slot issue, but I've tinkered with a Vengevine list that fits in a few Narcomebas for additional Amalgam triggers and it's awesome.
>>
>>48410077
Burn is often cheap but it far from easy. Burn decks actually have to do some of the most sequencing of any deck out there and you have to think many turns ahead at all times.

Slamming your top-decked burn is only the beginning. You can do MUCH better - and realistically you have to against tough matchups.
>>
>>48411853
Oh fuck off. I've played burn for a long time and it's not hard. Only idiots think sequencing is hard in burn.
>>
>>48411853
>Burn decks actually have to do some of the most sequencing of any deck out there and you have to think many turns ahead at all times
Play permanents, then play sorceries, then play instants.
>>
>>48411853
>you have to think many turns ahead at all times
This is just what you do if you're any good at all
>>
>>48411954
This.
>Oh I'm just gonna play a turn 1 guide or Swiftspear and swing.
>Oh I'm just gonna bolt you and swing
>Maybe I'll play eidolon instead or artarkas
>welp its turn three, about time I leave my mana open to skullcrack on their upkeep just in case
>oh look they've somehow managed to gain 3 life at some point in the game and now I'm fucked

Burn is a shit deck for people who are shit at magic. I sold all my burn staples and bought some good cards for good decks instead. Other decks at least feel rewarding when you when instead of "lol count to twenty"
>>
>>48412942
>bought some good cards for good decks instead
Not so fast. What did you buy?
>>
>>48396503

Idk man, Jund can't deal with a t3 Karn, and Jund is the most played deck
>>
>>48413104
Yes they can. And so fucking what if you can't deal with it at the time. That's what makes decks good. If you just play cards that are easily handled then you're playing a shit deck
>>
>>48413104
Thoughtseize does work, game two theres landhate.
If Karn kills a land you beat him down with your turn 2 goyf, if he kills your goyf you can dreadbore/maelstrom him, and bolt stops a Karn at 3 pretty well.
>>
>>48413173
But what if they drop him and +4?
>>
>>48413263
Draw the singleton pulse I guess, or dreadbore. I don't Jund but it's got some answers. Turn 3 Karn is pretty much the reason Tron is tier 1, if they assembled it they usually win.
>>
>>48413263
As the tron player, the only time we would do that is if your board is so unthreatening that you would have lost to any other deck at that point. On t3 vs junk'd we have to vindicate because yoir board presence is the most dangerous part if your deck. Either thoughtseize my payoff cards or be prepared to have to deal with them.
>>
>>48408323

Nah

Rest in peace maybe
>>
Why doesn't hatebears play SSG like the vintage version does? Getting two drops like thalia,leonin arbiter,Kataki on turn 1 seems more effective than waiting turn 2, especially on the play.
>>
>>48413888
Modern decks aren't nearly as broken as Vintage ones, so in many matchups Thalia and Arbiter are low impact. There's just too many other creatures and not enough 0-1 mana spells.
>>
>>48413888
The vintage version runs moxen, so can support a higher curve. T1 Thalia is way more important in vintage than in modern.
>>
File: pJtfJOK.jpg (139KB, 578x737px) Image search: [Google]
pJtfJOK.jpg
139KB, 578x737px
a friend of mine wants to get into magic, he asked me about a red black fast kill deck, i found some inspiration and threw this together, he does want it budget, anything i could change to cheapen it? what do you guys think?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jake-burnout/
>>
>>48414005
Why are you running the god card? It dies nothing to further the decks plan. Same with the black one drop and the white enchantments. Drop them and try gurmag angler and discard spells. Plus tri-colour decks are pretty hard to do without fetches. If you really want to run white put in path and helix. Burn spells are mostly used for removal to let your creatures through
>>
>>48414202
it synergies with the elementals, i figured since its an aggro deck a high damage one drop would help the decks plan, while the white enchants can keep a board clear, and the tutor works for athreos and i have the paths and helix sideboard, i didnt want those to slow down aggresion, think i should just do red black?
>>
File: 1444104596794.png (113KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1444104596794.png
113KB, 222x280px
R/G Tron player here.
Just played against a Mono Blue Extra Turns Deck.
My god what a terrible experience, I feel like no matter what I side in, that deck is unbeatable for Tron.

Advice for the match up?
>>
>>48414583
Warping Wail?
>>
>>48414583
Nature's Claim (hell there almost isn't a MU where you don't board those in) for their card draw permanents and Warping Wail.
>>
File: niggadrowse.jpg (69KB, 312x445px)
niggadrowse.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>48414583
I've played Takin' Turns a few times on XMage with Esper Control. I thought I was doing fine until I was reminded that this is a card.

If that deck ever becomes big at my store I'll have to go back to the old Thoughseize/Teferi sideboard plan.
>>
File: gigadrowse.jpg (33KB, 223x310px)
gigadrowse.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>48414629
>>48414680
Not saying it wouldn't help, but it seems impossible to do anything when they have Gigadrowse ready to tap all my shit
>>
>tfw dude post his folder on local mtg facebook page
>naked, and his dick is showing
>>
>>48414696
If they draw the nuts every game that's just too bad, remember that odds of having a particular 4-of in your opening 7 are already south of 0,5. You can Claim in response to drowse and the deck doesn't go off without 2 draws a turn at least.
>>
File: wallhaven-314382.jpg (1MB, 2385x1834px)
wallhaven-314382.jpg
1MB, 2385x1834px
Where is the best place to play modern online for free? I've tried XMage but it's a pile of fucking shit. Untap.in doesn't have rules, and Cuckatrice is filled with Brazil.
>>
>>48414705
Source?
>>
>>48414005
I love it, but get rid of the tutors. There's no time to waste to look for a god that doesn't do anything as soon as you land him on the field. The god is good but not worth setting up for turn 4. I like everything else.

Personally I would add Spike Jester, just because I love that card, but it's up to you.
>>
>>48413506
As a Jund player, my answer to Tron in general is just kinda trying to cut off off his plan while repeatedly apologizing to him for his deck being shit now.

If Im fortunate he'll just lucksack 2 quick games so I can get on with getting something to eat with time in the round before moving on to playing against real decks.
>>
>>48415653
Tron is as real as it gets.
>>
I want to build Affinity because Im tired of having to think about how to win, and I love the idea of Mox Opal.

What spicy memes do I need to know about how to play it?
>>
>>48415653
>implying tron isn't better than ever
That new sowing salt is pretty popular but the only difference is splash and that Stirrings can find it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2563px)
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2563px
>>48414583
Memer here, Wail and Nature's Claim are great, although Giga does sting sometimes. A really good sideboard card you can run is Choke, if it resolves it's game over. Choke is the bane of the deck's existance.
Alternatively, if you wanna get spicy run Ugin's Nexus.
>>
File: image.png (137KB, 223x311px)
image.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>48416439
*choke or boil, either one works fine although I like choke more.
>>
File: 1375572453777.gif (2MB, 300x169px)
1375572453777.gif
2MB, 300x169px
How the fuck do I win against combo with a toolbox deck
>>
anyone here got a soft spot for kids?
not in a pedeo /b/ way, in more of a caring way.
I went 1-1-2 last night.
I beat soul sisters, locked up the round into a tie against R/G tron, and threw two matches against kids playing stompy, and then zombies
>oh anon, you're such a pushover faggot
shut the fuck up

those kids were sure as fuck not going to beat my deck, and may have pulled their fucking hair out trying to keep up with my faggot combos. I remember being a kid trying to play FNM, getting my balls smashed by twin and pod, and not enjoying the game. I want to make sure kids that show up in hopes of having fun and winning a few packs at FNM are able to do so atleast once. if they werent LITTLE kids, or they were snotty assclowns i wouldn't have pulled any punches.
Ever have a similar experience /tg/?
also how'd FNM go for you?
>>
>>48416484
literally anything there's so many good options you can run
which deck is bothering you anon?
>>
>>48416526
Any combo deck you name it
Scapeshift and Ad Nauseam in particular
>>
>>48416484
as a fellow toolbox player, I recommend having sideboard options(or mainboard if you feel froggy enough) that break up their combo.
what toolbox deck are you playing?
>>
>>48416556
Eidolon of Rhetoric is cool.
Gadock Teag is a huge fucking turd
>>
>>48416643
What if I don't run white
>>
File: 1454673533763.jpg (13KB, 480x270px)
1454673533763.jpg
13KB, 480x270px
>>48416663
>toolbox without white
>>
File: 13540283991387.jpg (37KB, 637x345px) Image search: [Google]
13540283991387.jpg
37KB, 637x345px
>>48416674
Exactly
>>
>>48416498
There are two kids at around 10 I would guess that I have seen at FNM twice. They just play their casual decks they play against their friends at school with. I have seen one guy give up a single game on purpose but not the full match. Otherwise people are just nice to them and tries to help them with their decks instead of giving them free wins.
>>
>>48416450
Boil is an instant though, can be cast in response to first Meme Walk to dodge permission.
>>
>>48416783
You're right in that Boil is arguably better, instant speed is great, the cmc difference makes me prefer Choke initially though but honestly they're both amazing.
Seat of Synod unban when
>>
>>48416484
Are you fucking serious? Is your toolbox full of fucking wrenches or what?
>>
>>48416686
>same
I gave up a few cards to the zombie kid to help him build up his deck.
I told the stompy kid about some cards he could use to improve his game and traded what I had of that to him for some brago edh stuff.

I really don't like giving away free wins, because I'm an ass, but I know that losing all the fucking time sucks,my first modern FNM I lost to 4 rounds of twin, next time I went was after the twin ban, lost to 4 rounds of infect.
I helped the kiddos out, and hopefully they can pull off some legit wins next time, because I won't be pulling punches, they only get one freebie :^)
I gave the zombie kid a couple endless ranks of the dead and the new khalitas
and the stompy kid traded me some stuff for 2 craterhoofs.
I also taught stompy kid how to hose dredge, he played against 2 rounds of that and lost.
>>
>>48417137
>And this here is a Grafdigger's Cage
Modern isn't about playing correctly, it's about having the right card at the right time.
>>
File: 1407721179577.png (230KB, 325x400px) Image search: [Google]
1407721179577.png
230KB, 325x400px
>>48417137

>monogreen stompy
>craterhoof

How is he even supposed to cast it?
>>
>>48396100
KKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRNNNN!!!!!!
>>
>>48417526
by turning his forests sideways :^)
>>
>>48417675
What's attacking with Dryad Arbor going to achieve?
>>
>>48409307
>because outside of maybe legacy
In legacy it's even easier, since you haze nearly 0 creature related shit you just "SMorc SMorc SMorc Me go face me never lose SMorc SMorc SMorc"
>>
>>48417713
Pinging for one is very important in Magic.
>>
>>48418395
>tfw with dredge's magical narcoamoeba beatdown
>>
Moving to a new city and new FNM soon. Don't wanna just rock up with a T1 deck first time there, figure something janky and fun as an icebreaker.

Ideas?

Thinking about Norin Sisters but if they're not a keen crowd the stack can cause problems.

Is there anything brewing with Sigarda's Aid and the swords?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x316px)
image.gif
2MB, 320x316px
>>48395560
Looking over the list, you're going to need fetch and shock lands. At the moment you're trying to play too high costing cards for lands that slow. If you're looking at going tribal I'd go allies. They get big fast and it can be hard to keep up with unless your opponent can keep up with removal. You might even try a list out with return to the ranks just to get back all your fallen allies once your opponent runs out of removal
>>
File: 20160723_123001.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_123001.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
EM has some seriously kickass black cards
>>
>>48419111
Picture unrelated
>>
>>48419185
Oh right, I forgot that /tg/ hates having fun.
>>
>>48413042
Mostly lilies
>>
>>48419349
Good goy. Jund is best
>>
>>48417526
By playing mono green elves
>>
>>48419424
I always find it funny how we say mono. Could just say green Elves
>>
>>48419573
But all Elf decks are mostly green so it's nice to differentiate between Gb, Gbw and monoG.

Like people never say mono Blue Merfolk because that's what you assume, but splashing some black or white is more common in Elves.
>>
So I'm trying to get into modern, but havent been in a competitive format since new phyrexia/innistrad standard. Pretty much just edh and limited.
I wanna make grixis delver with a twist or two. Would docent of perfection work as a curve topper? If you can stick it and fire off a few spells, it should be gg right?
>>
Also why doesnt grixis run blightning?
>>
>>48419660
>no immediate impact
>no protection from removal (fuck you guys this is a real argument for expensive creatures)
>high mana cost and nothing like Flash to get around tapping out
It's obviously a nice card once it's safely on the field, but you have better options like Tasigur/angler and dark-dweller gobbos.
>>
File: wanderer.png (120KB, 223x311px)
wanderer.png
120KB, 223x311px
Anyone brewing up a spirits tribal deck for Modern?
>>
>>48407679
I board in thoughtseize against decks the knowingly board in SS, but other than that, if they have it then they have it and i'll just try to win through it.
>>
>>48419711
Because it's not good.
>>
>>48419711
It used to be played
But it's not good nowadays. Turn 3 is too late to do anything
>>
>>48420068
Epic meme bro
>>
>>48419759
Yea the removal problem is real, but he is outside bolt range which is kinda something. But id figure hes like kalitas where you only try to resolve him when theyre tapped out or when you have enough mana to follow up and get some two for ones in.

I mean, if he flips. He makes your snaps 4/2 fliers and delvers into 5/3's. Plus you vomit out 3/2's.Now thats pressure
>>
>>48420144
It's true? By turn 3 they will have played the cards they wanted to play so making them discard two is effectively pointless
>>
>>48419791
Sounds bad. No 2 mana lord.
>>
>>48420197
Im probably just looking at it from the wrong perspective since im new to modern, but provided theyre not comboing off turn two, youre in no immediate danger. And blightning is a 3 for 1 against anything but dredge. Is it because its not instant speed? Or is it because its not targeted discard?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-07-16-QCm-modern-spirits/

Thoughts on this deck? I've just got a feeling spirits might become a thing.
>>
>>48420298
Blightning is a two for one what are you talking about? It doesn't affect the board, and the discard is not targeted so your opponent will always discard their two worst cards. You've paid three mana and spent a turn doing effectively nothing. It's just not good enough.
>>
>>48420344
It's also a bad top deck.
>>
>>48414005
>red black
>not minotaurs
Anon, I...
>>
>>48420344
Blightning can kill lilis and flip jace, and nahiris that -2'd. It can 3 for 1, and if not burn for 3 is still ok. And i mean, even if they pitch two lands to the discard. Its gonna set them back regardless
>>
>>48420430
the discard only matters if you can make it past the opening stages of the game alive.

>Blightning can kill lilis and flip jace, and nahiris that -2'd.
Sure, but that's extremely conditional. Against infect or affinity or tron or zoo or dredge, you know, many of the more popular decks in the format, it's going to the face, and the card does almost nothing.
>>
>>48420214
Rattlechains, you idiot.
>>
>>48420513
Not really a Lord. Giving them flash is mediocre. Clique and snap are better
>>
>>48420548
They're better at what?
Not being spirits that you would play in a spirit deck?
Yeah they're pretty good at that
>>
>>48420548
>ignoring hexproof
>>
>>48415278
>e
thanks for the advice i like spike jester, and the tutors were hurting the budget he wanted and i didnt like them either
>>
>>48420590
They're better at being good cards. Tribal is only worth it if they do some broken shit like Elves with their mana or merfolk with insane power and resiliency.
Spirits would just be shit creature control
>>
>>48420836
Have you played spirits?
>>
Tribalfags are the worst.

Instead of playing the good cards in good decks, they force the good cards in garbage piles with creatures who suck but have the creature type.

Spell Queller is good and Lingering Souls is insane, but Spirits is really not. Rattlechains is a horrible card and doesn't do much. Drogskol Captain is a worse Scion of Oona and even that thing isn't played in Faeries.

The only tribes worth a shit are Merfolk, Elves and Eldrazi.
>>
>>48421056
Faeries is an alright tribal deck, no Merfolks but it's playable. Spirits is just shitty Faeries though.
>>
>>48421173
Exactly. Faeries' strength is the built-in Flash from its creatures and Bitterblossom being a fantastic card for the deck.

Relying on Rattlechains to do anything is asking for variance to kill you. And relying on an early Rattlechains to live is asking for a miserable time.
>>
I won my prerelease so I have a box, I want to draft it with my brothers but I dont know how to draft with only 4 people.

How would yo do it?
>>
>>48421056
>Eldrazi
And not even tribal really
>>
>>48414005
Maybe not cheapen it, but you could make it a lot better. If you're just going #YOLO, Spike Jester and Madcap Skills are a laugh. As is cheap face burn like Lava Spike or Rift Bolt.
>>
First play run with Tainted Remedy against Naya Nahiri control. Qasali Pridemage and Glen Elendra Archmage are creature-based counters to Tainted Remedy that I just couldn't deal with. 0-2 loss.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-07-16-tainted-remedy/
>>
>>48420941
I don't have to. I've been playing long enough to know that shit cards make shit decks
>>
>>48421220
>I have no clue what the fuck I am talking about
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type=+[%22Tribal%22]&subtype=+[%22Eldrazi%22]
>>
>>48421446
>I don't have to
This is why modern generals are shit
>>
>>48421218
I wouldn't. Your card pool will be absolutely awful.
I would get 4 more friends to draft with.
>>
>>48421459
Spirit tribal offers nothing that Merfolk doesn't offer more of.
>>
>>48421481
You literally don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>48421472

Not an option
>>
>>48421458
ACTUALLY!
You have NO idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Eldrazi barely has any synergy with the eldrazi type (they have synergy with shit that is on eldrazi cards mostly) and used to be just stompy but with non-sucky creatures.

Now it's reaching towards a more normal synergy based deck (although still basically goodDragon stompy in legacy) and only runs 8 cards that have some synergy with eldrazi (the sac a scion->tap and the temples, in legacy change scion for eye of ugin).

Compare this level of synergy with elves or merfolk, it's tribal on the casuality that all good colorless mid-range cost finishers that can be cheated out are eldrazi.

It's tribal? Yes.
It's the minimal definition of tribal? Also yes.
>>
>>48421514
In order to win a game of Magic the Gathering, you must reduce your opponent's life total to 0, or mill them out. Well, unless a card explicitly states that you win on the spot. Merfolk does the whole killing your opponent MUCH better than Spirits, and with a good degree of resiliency.
>>
>>48421446

>Cruise

>Swifspear
>>
>>48421518
I have played 4 man drafts. Your deck will suck. Might as well play sealed.
>>
>>48421574

I have a entire box, I wouls draft it all at once. If anything our pools would be op
>>
>went to Walmart
>said fuck it and got one Eldritch booster for $5
>Broken Blade and Thalia
>"Oh wow, I made like $20, maybe I'll grab another when I stop because I'm greedy!"

>stop by again
>get one more
>Liliana
Fuck do I buy another? I think my luck ran out for the week.
>>
>>48421638
>HURR I WON ON A LOTTERY SCRATCHCARD SHOULD I BUY ANOTHER?
Statistically you should've never bought one in the first place, so no you fucking retard, you shouldn't.
>>
>>48421638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot-hand_fallacy
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (127KB, 223x311px)
Image.ashx.png
127KB, 223x311px
>>48394839
>>48394839
What do you guys think of a Dredge->Delve->Emerge deck?

It would abuse Delve's capability of putting cards into play for cheap then using the inflated cmc Delve creatures to bring in Emerge creatures early?

For example:

Delve for 5 colorless, and play Sultai Scavengers for B
Then Emerge Distended Mindbender from the Scavengers for BB, thus giving you an 8/8 + Kozilek's Inquisition + inverted KI for BBB
>>
>>48421785
shit i meant 5/5 not 8/8
>>
>>48421651
mad
>>
>>48421557
What the fuck are you trying to say here?
>>
>>48421785
If you find a 5-drop with Delve then better
>>
>>48421785
You could have just spent that mana on Lotv and been better off, without needing a 2-3 card combo.
>>
>>48421785
Honestly the amount of cards in EDM that require you commit massive amounts of resources before the spell even resolves makes me wonder just what Wizards are planning for the future of their game.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (133KB, 223x311px)
Image.ashx.png
133KB, 223x311px
>>48421911
Sultai Scav is the cheapest delve creature

>>48421963
True this is 2-3 cards, but having enough cards like faithless looting and contingency plan can help set up the dredge & delve while building card adv and if you build your deck around this type of combo you can include tonnes of other cards like sibsig muckdraggers that be played for B and allow you to recur an emerge on the spot.

>>48422060
Is BBB and 2 cards really that much though? I'm new to modern, how do most decks get around this stuff?
>>
Saffron Olive thinks this card is good enough to possibly end up being banned in Modern.

Thoughts?
>>
>>48422265
I think it looks playable. Not exactly Birthing Pod but could be worth running.

I'm going to build an Abzan deck that turns Voice and Finks into Rhinos and Sigarda. If nothing else it lets me play Abzan Midrange without having to sell everything I own to get a playset of Goyfs and Lilis.
>>
>>48422265
I've been experimenting with it and I think sorcery speed + exile clause keeps it from being broken.
It's a fair card.
>>
>>48416439
>not running 4x temporal mastery
Art thou fucking retarded?
>>
>>48416498
I had a similar experience the other day. A 10 year old kid showed up and all that fired was legacy so he played in legacy with us. I got matched against him round 1 and he plays basic forest and passes. So I vomit out my oops hand and smack his faggot ass two games in a row on t1 and the little snot nosed twerp doesn't get to play any fucking game against me, litttle asshat, snot-nosed, pee stained, ass spread, cum dumpster. Fuck him.
>>
>watching scg open
>a girl with 5-0 is on cam
>"wow, finally a girl that doesn't suc-"

she's a trans

why am I even surprised
>>
>>48422511
Just like fighting games, where the only thing remotely female anywhere near the top level of competition is a tranny. A pretty bad one.
>>
>>48422536
The top Soul Calibur player is female
>>
>>48422551
>A game no one plays competitively
>>
>>48422331
Is the exile clause really necessary?
It seems like a nice target for Eternal Witness or maybe Snapcaster could turn itself into a 5 drop. None of those seems broken to me.
>>
>>48422674
They don't seem broken, and Wizards have done their damn best to make sure it stays that way.
>>
>>48422674
it would be broken without it. manadork into ewitness into whatever is 2stronk. it would be like a mini pod.
>>
>>48422362
Did at one point, it was great. Didn't want to pay for two more so I made some changes.

What would you cut for two more??
>>
File: spiritdredge.png (319KB, 445x307px)
spiritdredge.png
319KB, 445x307px
Could be a thing.
>>
>>48422737
>path to exile
your point is invald

also when you have 8 spirits on the battlefield you already won

i knew /tg/ is bad, but i never realized just how bad
>>
File: 1442946903279.jpg (68KB, 711x669px)
1442946903279.jpg
68KB, 711x669px
>>48422737
How could this be a thing?
>>
>>48422778
>dies to the least played common removal spell, ignores all the others

???

I thought you were better than this anon.

>>48422801
Lots of neat spirit tech getting printed recently.
>>
>>48422809
kill yourself you fucking retard

also this:

>when you have 8 spirits on the battlefield you already won
>>
>>48422809
>Lots of neat spirit tech getting printed recently.
But anon it's a '''''''''''''''''combo''''''''''''''''' that requires you to first have 8 spirits and then sac them all to get a single guy without haste that still dies to common removal such as Path and Terminate and other more fringe cards like Maelstrom Pulse and Wrath effects. It's not easy to pull off and the payoff is smaller than most other combos in Modern.
>>
>>48413104
It's okay. Ignore them they have no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>48422843
ty drz hubu pyco
>>
Modern spirits T1 when
>>
>>48423211
When they print a Lord of Atlantis for Spirits.
>>
File: drog.jpg (30KB, 223x310px)
drog.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>48423363
Close enough?
>>
>>48423574
>3 mana

Nope.
>>
>>48423587
But it can be casted at instant speed with based rattlechains on the field
>>
>>48423574
We all know that card exists because it's posted a million times in each thread. You need Spirit of Atlantis so you can play it turn two and then that guy turn 3.

Spirits aren't strong enough to be more than a janky mix of creature control and tribal aggro. I would prefer Faeires over that right now and that's not exactly tier 1.
>>
>>48423574
Playable with AEther vial as sweet tech.

With this and rattlechains, spirits is poised to take over.
>>
>>48423659
haha i fucking LOVE this meme XDDD
>>
>>48423625
That's the problem with Spirits. They rely on Rattlechains just to be as good as Faeries, while their only Lord is 3-mana. There's just nothing that Spirits do which is broken, which is really the plank for Tribal decks. You impose so many deckbuilding constraints that you have to be doing something really fucking strong.

Like Merfolk with it's lmao12lords, Elves with infinite mana, and Faeries with the combination of Bitterblossom/silly amounts of good interaction.

Then there's Eldrazi with lmao12SolLands or Affinity with lmaomanacosts. Spirits has like... a little bit of Faeries and little bit of Merfolk, but doesn't quite get there on either front.
>>
>>48407129

>that one flooded strand you have around that you aren't using
>>
>>48422691
I'm with you on this one. Having played the deck a little, Temporal Mastery seems so fucking wanky. Either you top deck it the first few turns, and basically draw another card and play another land before passing again. Which is ok. Otherwise you'll typically NEVER reliably topdeck it when you need it.
I would consider running a single copy of Thassa.
>>
>>48422691
>>48424188
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/im-blue-dabadidabadie/
I play this list to great success
>>
>>48417526
Gaea's Cradle
>>
AYYY I HEARD YOU GUYS WANTED MORE COUNTERSPELLS. HERES SOME COUNTERS AND SPELLS!!
>>
>>48422265
Looks pretty strong. Will certainly make blue control decks better if decks that use this become top tiered.
>>
>>48425679
If it got hosed by blue decks it wouldn't become top tier
>>
File: 10.jpg (111KB, 350x489px)
10.jpg
111KB, 350x489px
I've been having a lot of fun playing mtg in TTS with this deck.

It's not good, but it's really fun.

19 Forest
1 Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers

4 Noble Hierarch
4 Young Wolf
2 Avatar of the Resolute
4 Strangleroot Geist
1 Omnath, Locus of Mana
3 Predator Ooze
1 Thrun, the Last Troll
2 Mitotic Slime
1 Vorapede

2 Infilitration Lens
4 Rampant Growth
2 Ashnod's Altar
2 Lure
1 Ooze Flux
2 Birthing Pod
1 Doubling Season
2 Gutter Grime

1 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Nissa, Worldwaker
>>
>>48425808
Implying U decks exist right now in any meaningful way.
>>
>>48426097
Hosing one deck would not make them any more meaningful
>>
File: 1466483047994.png (101KB, 201x216px)
1466483047994.png
101KB, 201x216px
>>48422511
Trannys playing memedern
Its like a magic turducken of faggotry
>>
>>48423894
Why not just play a bunch of counter magic, gain control of the board and start laying the smack with creatures? I feel like spirits are supposed to take its time making the win rather than shitting out lords and turning creatures sideways. Then again, I'm an aggro shutter and control is new to me
>>
>>48422265

There's a possibility but I think all that will really happen is people start packing in a shitload more Grafdigger's Cage in the side.
>>
>>48422674

Yeah the exile clause is kinda necessary. If it didn't you could cast this turn 2 with a mana dork, then get any relatively strong card cmc 3 or less and then loop back with Eternal Witness for your mana dork or the Eldritch Evolution itself.

Interestingly I think this will be really good in GW hatebears. Saccing a Dryad Militant or something to go fetch up a Gaddock Teeg or Thalia(old or new).
>>
Is there any grave recursion better than Unburial Rites in modern?
>>
>>48426700

Yeah but it's banned (Dread Return)
>>
>>48422536

Actually funnily enough the fighting game series with the most female world champions/top level players is a fighting game that's considered "misogynistic." And that game is Dead or Alive.
>>
non infect fragile meme hyper aggro is a go senpai
>>
File: 25.jpg (66KB, 312x445px)
25.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>48420330

You have to have x4 lingering souls in any spirit tribal deck. It is really too bad that the "tribal" card type was done away with, because if lingering souls was "tribal sorcery - Spirit", that would make it much better with the new stuff.

>>48420214
Does tallowisp count?
>>
File: en_1ZXuO97Viq.png (160KB, 265x370px)
en_1ZXuO97Viq.png
160KB, 265x370px
>>48428533

Tallowisp plus Sigarda's aid might be the thing that makes Spirits worth it. Casting a spirit with flash in response to your opponent, then searching for an aura and then casting the aura with flash, then the original spell resolves...
>>
>>48428533
>>48428585
That sounds pretty stupid altogether.
You aren't playing Bogles, auras are going to be shit cards that invite 2-for-1s 90% of the time.
>>
>>48428585
I could see a control deck around this card becoming tier 3. One that utilizes cards like this one seems decent.
>>
>>48428406
My ex gf spent most of her free time playing dead or alive, she wasn't even a dyke
>>
File: 56.jpg (71KB, 312x445px)
56.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>48428816

probably something more like this.
>>
>>48428406
DoA is so outrageously over the top I don't think you can really call it misogynist in the classical sense.
>>
>>48421056
I hate that some tribes get support while others don't. Where's my skeleton lord damnit! No Death Baron doesn't count, he's a zombie.
>>
>>48428983

Contrary to what most people would say or think about DOA, the game is actually more popular with women than it is with men. Despite all the "detail".

>>48429210

The game isn't even misogynistic in any form because for it to really be misogyny the game has to hate women in some sense, and the DOA games do anything but that.
>>
>>48428983
>she wasn't even a dyke
she is now
>>
>>48422511
Call me a white knight of you want but why the fuck does it matter, a trans girl is still a girl
>>
>>48422511
Kinda hope you get beat by a 12-year-old girl savant playing Lantern.
>>
>>48426410
>>48422674
>Witness
>Not Goblin Dark-Dwellers
>>
>tfw I left my decks next to my air conditioner and now they're curled
>>
>>48430321

I was just citing an example play of the earliest possible time you could cast Eldritch Evolution asap.
>>
File: 1386344797104.png (173KB, 321x325px) Image search: [Google]
1386344797104.png
173KB, 321x325px
>>48430121

>a trans girl is still a girl
>>
>>48426294
Why not just play an actual control deck then instead of lining half your deck with no control that makes you lose the game when you draw it too early?
>>
>>48430477
Hey, somewhere, he still a grill, ya know.
fuckin' poosy.
>>
>>48426095
Birthing Pod is not modern legal. Take your deck to some other thread.
>>
>>48424414
I realize now that Part the Waterveil is an undisputed four-of.
I just played the deck against izzet fairies and 2-0'd him; the player got fucking butthurt and started trashtalking me in the end. Feels good to be blue :^)
>>
>>48431212
>getting mad when losing
>playing izzet faeries
He must be the angriest person alive.
>>
>>48431212
I'm going to my lgs to pick up a gemstone cavern, it's the best tech
>on the play get a chrome mox
>exiling a temporal mastery because why the hell not

Been thinking of going to 3 mines but after facing tons of Jund I feel like it's better to have an extra than to have your plan gutted. If I had the dosh I'd pack some ancestral in the sb for that matchup (the main boon of ancestrals is that matchup, for anyone playing ancestral variants. fuck abrupt decay)
>>
>>48431212

>play a shit deck
>get mad when losing
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-mardu-tokens-23332#paper

What do you guys think about monastery mentor? Or should I replace with more token generators? I won't be buying dark confident for a while too, is there an alternative I can look into?
>>
>>48431364
>Mentor deck
>Without Blue

I'm being triggered all over the place. Seriously speaking though; I don't think Mentor is good in Modern. He's the best creature ever printed, but the spells just aren't there in the format to make him work.
>>
>>48431476
That's not the problem
The problem is that modern is a removal format. Mentor works in legacy cause there's very little removal
>>
>>48431522
That's just not true. Every single T1 and even most T2 decks except for Storm/SnS/Reanimator/Infect have a way, or even multiple ways to interact with creatures.

The reason Mentor works in Legacy, and really works in Vintage, is because you have access to really good cantrips and just good spells in general. Mentor doesn't work in Modern, because your best cantrip is fucking serum visions.
>>
>>48431563
>Storm
>T2
>>
>>48431670
Storm is T1 in Legacy.
>>
>>48431364
if you're playing mardu tokens you should play the version without creatures
>>
>>48431805
Young Pyromancer is probably worth running still.
>>
>>48431849
>enabling their removal is probably worth running still
One of the big advantages of playing tokens is that your opponent is putting himself behind by using removal on your shit. If you start playing creatures(especially 2/1 ones) you take that advantage away. Not to mention that YP gets hosed by cards that people bring in against tokens like soul's betrayal. Honestly the mardu creatureless version is probably the best version of tokens to date.

I started with a list similar to you yours, but found the creatureless version to just work better.
>>
Eldritch Evolution in hatebears? Yay or Nay? I know it nonbos with Thalia and arbiter but it's nice with voice and finks and if need be you can sac away an arbiter for a more relevant hatebear for the matchup. Finks into Sigarda or baneslayer sounds to good to pass up.
>>
>>48431903
Run Pyromancer in the board then, maybe just a couple copies. They board out their removal, you bring in things that need removing.
>>
>>48431943
At that point you may as well just be running Chord.
>>
someone make a new thread
>>
>>48431960
Chord is more build around and harder to cast than EE.
>>
>>48431997
>>48431997
>>48431997
>>48431997

New Thread.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.