[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Pauper General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: circeus-rd2nl43r-14266164410.png (139KB, 245x350px) Image search: [Google]
circeus-rd2nl43r-14266164410.png
139KB, 245x350px
Lifelink edition.

Give me some advice for this spiciness, my dudes.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lightwalker-1-shenanigans/

>inb4 not meta
It'd be nice to beat the meta with this deck but I understand if it's not possible.
>>
>>48392247
I honestly can't see this list working.
The two main problems are the high mana curve and the type of effects you want to use. From what I'm understanding looking at this list you want to basically use your creatures as removal by giving them deathtouch with enchantements, the problem is that if your opponents removes one of your enchanted creatures he is effectively making you waste at least 2 of your cards with 1 of his own which is a situation you might not want to be in.
>>
File: deathtouch.png (384KB, 488x350px) Image search: [Google]
deathtouch.png
384KB, 488x350px
>>48392661
Yeah that's a fair assessment. Is it better then to just use deathtouch-having creatures from the start, like Mardu Hateblade and Hand of Silumgar?
>>
>>48392247
I don't really understand what that deck does. If you want to play around with enchantments in pauper outside of boggles, I remember playing against a deck that ran heliod's pilgrim and auramancer to tutor for then recur a varied set of creature removal. Maybe try building around those cards to start?
>>
>>48392925
I think that you might want to drop that strategy completely since those creatures can die to pretty much anything and you it really isn't worth trading a 2/1 deathtouch with a 1/1 token.
A monoblack control deck will do this deck's job better and more efficiently, if you want to remove and play white at the same time I'd suggest going w/r with a lot of token generating cards and pump spells from both colors and shit like bolts and chain lightning as removal/alternate wincon.
>>
>>48392950
It's basically meant to give deathtouch and flying and lifelink to creatures and use them to bash through the enemy. I thought that focusing on Lightwalker was a good choice given that he receives Warrior type buffs (for example from Herald of Dromoka) and also has the ability to gain flying with any type of +1/+1 effect.
>>
Bump lads
>>
So is there any reason not to run elite vanguard now that's it's been reprinted at common in Eternal masters?
>>
if we are our posting bad decks, i could use some deckbuilding advice. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-07-16-bg-madness/
>>
>>48394097
I think that you are focusing too much on the deck's theme here, let me explain:
I don't think that a U/G madness deck is itself a bad idea, but here you are using too many cards that share the theme at the cost of cards that are just better.
A notable example is the wurm, which can be good if you manage to drop it on t3 with madness but otherwise is just a not-so-big dumb beater that has little impact on a board where your opponents can drop shit like an ulamog's crusher on t4. I'd suggest to remove the wurm and trim down the numbers of creatures a bit in favour of things like vines of vastwood and other utility spells and some good counters, keep the SoI fungus though, those are good.
>>
>>48394504
interesting, I never really thought of cutting the worm. With the worm gone, i could also cut a couple of the weaker discard outlets. That would really reshape the deck.

Thanks for the feedback, definitely gave me food for thought.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.