[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Degenisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: DEGENESIS-DESKTOP03-1600x1200.jpg (707KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DEGENESIS-DESKTOP03-1600x1200.jpg
707KB, 1600x1200px
I'm about to start Dming this system, I've gone through the v2 books a few times and was wondering if anyone else has DMed/played it and what their experience was. It seems cool as hell.
>>
>>48388541
You'll probably not get a lot of posts, but my players liked it. We're shelved in an isolated Vaulter's place, where its run by a Vaulter leader named Roland. They're looking for a relic they call Durandal, but they'll find that out later. Gotta finish our other campaign first.

First things first, run the intro campaign, it's really useful and you can decide whether to keep that storyline or not. Haven't run the module though, so I have no advice for it. Make sure you're well versed in the lore, as well as actual locations in Europe (this comes up a lot) and try to make interesting characters. RP is going to happen more than not. I ran a dungeon for my party, and threw some spore beasts as well as a spore mother and it worked well to not do a "map" but leave it cinematic. Their loot was a nice assault rifle and a good handful of ammo, as well as renown. Keep in mind the setting. Good luck anon.
>>
>>48388697
>leader named Roland. They're looking for a relic they call Durandal
>Not making them all Mohammedans looking for the Lost Tomb of Ali
>It's like you don't understand Eurabia in Degenesis at all
>>
>>48388541
Currently running a campaign of it, expect a few hiccups due to errata, missing information (such as what the Trailblazer free upgrades are, how much a days rations are worth, how much the fees cost to cross the alps etc.) but there's no shortage of story hooks, and the mechanics of the system are good. I've had a lot of fun worldbuilding and homebrewing in it, just be sure to draw up NPC/enemy stats ahead of time, esp. Reaction, Perception, Mobility, Melee/Projectiles, Brawl etc. Also, read up on spore infestation, you want to have something to scare heavily armoured characters (cough, Hellvetics, cough) with.
>>
>>48388541
I GM'd it and found the setting very engrossing but the actual game system to left a lot to be desired.
>>
Looking to start a game sooner or later with my regular group. We've made some characters to get a feeling for the generation system and tried combat against some enemies found in the book. It might take a few tries to get used to the setting: Ammo has never been this scarce in a game I've played and common armor seems weaker than weapons of the same availability. Overall the game looks promising.
>>
>>48389901
Two hits of any decent weapon held by any decent fighter should be enough to take a character out of combat if not outright kill them. One hit with either a great weapon in decent hands or a decent weapon in great hands can do the same. One great combatant with a great weapon can kill most creatures with a single hit.

Fighting is a last-ditch thing. If you can avoid it in any fashion, you should. If you can get any advantage over your enemy in combat before it starts, you should.
>>
>>48388541
Make sure your characters understand that some classes (cults) are much more powerful then others. First mistake I made was to allow a Hellavitic, even with his ammo restriction, they are very powerful. As they should be.
But it was also played by a min maxer that brought it to the next level in this casual game.

I found it easier if everyone is within the same cult, or at least cults that are supposed to be together without weird circumstances. Each cult is varied enough even if everyone goes into one, there is enough variety for an full party and awesome campaign.

Scrappers can go purely diplomatic, or become snipers, or even close range power houses depending on their builds and focuses. Same is mostly true for all cults.
>>
>>48388541
I posted my groups adventures in a previous thread. I can post it again if you guys are interested.
>>
>>48392053
My group was looking at chronicler, spitalian,Anabaptist, clanner and judge, so i think they should all play nice together.
>>
>>48393090
Ya, those guys play nice and have very similar goals. Remind the judge to get the hammer upgrades early as the Judges hammer is impossible to use early game without it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.