[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 49

File: tbhd_Deus_Ex_3_-_07.jpg (74KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
tbhd_Deus_Ex_3_-_07.jpg
74KB, 800x484px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>48352762
>Personal Mobility Vehicles: What to do when they start laughing, and why gorging on Ice Cream is not the solution.trid
>Using Drones as Transports: Fad or functional.trid
>Piloting T-Birds.sklchp
>Birthday gifts for vehicle riggers.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: -5i (1111% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled ''Hey Omae, you want a ride?"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Best Girl.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Transportation Edition: How do you get around? Does your rigger drive? PMVs? Public Transport?
>>
Where is there any information on Singapore in SR?
>>
>>48388477
Sixth World Almanac? Shadows of Asia or equivalent?
>>
Playing a ronin adept. I walk everywhere and get driven during jobs. Lives on the street.
>>
>>48388391

We stole a van from the mob family whose restaurant we blew up in the previous session. I'm convinced it will come back to bite us in the arse.
>>
>>48388391
Our rigger drives a van that also carries all his lovely toys.
>>
>>48388555
I have no idea how anyone would think that wouldn't blow up in your face. Your team is waking up in a dark basement with corkscrews in their knees within two sessions.
>>
>>48388555
Did you destroy all tags? Did your hacker scan the internal computer? Did you even try making it look different, even if you just gave it a new paint job?

You are probably still fucked, but if you were careful it's harder for them to find you.
>>
>>48388615

In order: no, no, and not yet. Thankfully, it's not like the mafia can just call the police on us or anything, but either way I thought it was a terrible idea to start with.

>>48388602

I'm surprised we haven't already to be honest. I think the fact that we blew up one of their establishments and took out a few mid ranking members of the family (though in all fairness the 3rd one was kinda accidental, we all kinda forgot he was in there when Old Man Jenkins blew the place to kingdom come) has given us some breathing room. The fact that all that happened in our 1st session probably helped too (though the van theft was in session 2).
>>
File: g2g operate.jpg (193KB, 864x702px) Image search: [Google]
g2g operate.jpg
193KB, 864x702px
Any ideas what qualities are good to represent an undercover government agent (not undercover cop)?
>>
>>48388731
Seriously, just ditch the van and blow it up in a big crash, and put bodies inside it.

It's the easiest way.
>>
>>48388830
what edition?
>>
>>48388731

Tags still in place, internal computer unscanned, and not yet on changing plates/paint?

Holy shit. Your GM is either softballing you, or it's already too late to run.
>>
>>48388830
Erased, disgraced, my country right or wrong, the list goes on and on.
>>
>>48388923
They can still burn everything and run. My group had to do it when my dipshit face wasn't using a fake sin.
>>
>>48388887
5e

>>48388928
As many as you can remember.
>>
>>48388923

Probably the former, like I said it's a new group and we're only 2 sessions in so far. The GM did throw an Ares Duelist at us last session though, but I'm not sure how high on the "you're fucked" scale that sits.
>>
>>48389138
Burn your shit, move somewhere else.
>>
>>48389010
Prime datahaven membership, poor link, blandness, trust fund.
>>
>>48389138
Duelists are like the battledroids from the prequel trilogy, lightly armored and stupid, but a lot of them in one place is a problem.
>>
I'm trying to think of a Johnson for my group. They're just starting out. Do you think a burnout who owes them a favor or who they owe a favor is a good first Johnson?
>>
>>48389534

Ah, well that's good, there was only one that showed up, and I one shot it. Damn thing did 7 damage to me in one swing though, that was nasty...
>>
>>48389558
A burnout as in a spellslinger with cyberware or a drug addict in a really bad state?
>>
How many runners could you hide in a 400 pound fatman on a scooter costume?
>>
>>48389588
Assuming they're all pixies, 25.
>>
>>48389584
A drug addict in a really bad state. A kamikaze abuser.
>>
>>48389588
depends on the metatype
Dwarf? 2-3
Elf/Human/Orc? 1-2
Troll? One if he's smaller?
>>
>>48389626
You're good. Johnsons can be whatever you want them to be, including dragons.
>>
>>48389611
>>48389628
So what you are saying is we need to make the fatman have a fatwife so we can also for our gear. Gotcha. The corps will never know what hit them.
>>
>>48389644

Nice try, Lofwyr.
>>
>>48389651
Chummer, the cops won't try to check on you because they see any weapons.

they will because YOU ARE DRESSED IN WHAT'S MOST LIKELY IS MILSPEC ARMOR
>>
>>48389974
Its It's fine, those armors will be inside a fatman.
>>
Is 8 Edge worth?
>>
Hm, considering making an edge-monkey street surgeon / face, based primarily off of the likes of Dr. Nick from the Simpsons and Dr. Spaceman from 30 Rock. High charisma, high logic, always carrying a Dart Pistol filled with a random mixture of nerve agents, diseases, drugs, and the like. With Unsteady Hands and a Phobia of blood, of course. But also with with National Fame and First Impression.

Should I subject a party to this quack, and if so, any recommendations?
>>
>>48390439
8 Edge is by far one of the funnest things to play.

5d6 on ini, rerolling fuckups, assisting people, essentially immunity to suppressing fire. it's fantastic.

extra points if you name yourself Gambler and have an addiction to gambling.
>>
You're all edgelords playing a shitty system

Shadowrun in a nutshell:
>muh cancerstick smoking
>dark rainy city
>totally not bladerunner
>evil corporations
>PCs are liberal edgelords who hack
>cyberpunk DmC: Devil may Cry
>muh cancerstick smoking
>*hacks himself behind you* fight da man
>gotta take down dem evil corporations for dem programs
>smoke more
>>
>>48391176
I'm thinking of an undercover government agent who was put in that role not because of skill, but raw talent to get in and out of incredibly sticky situations. Basically be the luckiest man alive.
>>
>>48391324
At least we're "having fun," unlike (you).
>>
>>48391324
Keblers go home. We all know you're the special snowflakes in DnD systems, but you ain't shit here.

Meta-humans are such shitposters.
>>
>>48391324
>cancerstick
hey crab adept anon
your character should smoke since smoking=cancer=crabs
>>
>>48388391
I'm the party rigger, and I've got an RV with the submarine modification and enough armor to survive a direct hit from an anti-tank rocket.
Shame there's no rules for torpedos, cuz I really want some of that shit.
>>
>>48391512
The math checks out
>>
>>48391324
You say that like any of that isn't a thing I'd have fun with.
>>
File: Cat.png (42KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Cat.png
42KB, 160x160px
>>48391631
>unironically likes grimdark "fight da corporations" liberal edgelord shit

Shadowrun confirmed for shit
>>
>>48391631
>>48391512
>>48391469
>>48391445

>no one trying to prove me wrong

Wow
>>
>>48391512
Could someone repost the crab adept?
>>48391676
Because you're a shitposter.
>>48391663
Correction. You're a /pol/ack shitposter.
>>
>>48391324
Sounds awesome.
>>
>>48391324
You clearly haven't played Shadowrun if you think it's edgy. You going to tell me oMage is dark next?
>>
>>48391663
Look asshole, in real life I think corporations regularly get blamed for stupid shit that isn't their fault and generally do the world some good.

But Shadowrun isn't real life. Shadowrun is a fucking 80's Saturday Morning Cartoon with blood and elf prostitute tits where the bad guy is just as likely to be a literal Captain Planet villain as anything else. And if you don't think that's the funnest shit, you can get out my face.
>>
>>48391676

>being this arrogant
>thinking their opinion matters

Elf detected. Go blow a flute you fucking Kebler
>>
Can someone explain exactly how combat touch spells work?

Using the spell Punch, as an example, does it goes like this?

>choose punch at a specific force
>make unarmed attack
>enemy defends with reaction + intuition as usual, extra net hits do nothing
>if got at least 1 net hit make spellcasting check
>now target defends with body+armor as usual
>take drain as usaul

is this right?
>>
>>48391881
what edition?
>>
>>48391944
oh yeah, 5e. Forgot to say.
>>
>>48388391
Hey /srg/, does an Adept need a focus?
In 5e specifcally, if that matters.
>>
>>48392032
AFAIR they removed that after 3e
>>
>>48392032
They can get qi focuses which are pretty baller. Essentially gives them a free power or two.
>>
>>48391324
Despite your postshitting, I do actually wonder where people get the whole "Fight the man" thing from. Neuromancer didn't have that at all, nor did any of Gibson's work, really. In fact, he portrayed corporations as fairly neutral, like they actually are. The only thing I can think of where the characters were actively fighting a corp is Hardwired, even then they were helping one corp fight another, so it doesn't even count.
>>
>>48393332
The more derivative cyberpunk works that came after, basically.
>>
>>48393382
So all of the swill that was released after the golden age of Cyberpunk during the Cold War?
>>
>>48393460
Just a lot of weirder stuff in the mid to late 80s and early 90s, but wasn't really good enough to have titles we remember. Ever since Gibson and Sterling burst onto the scene, there were derivations copying their broad strokes without really adding anything interesting. It was why cyberpunk was such a wide genre when it was hot, and it had something to do with why it got its own counterculturey group of hangers-on reading the cyberpunk 'zines and wearing altogether too-cool amounts of black leather.
>>
>>48391959
Touch spell need an unarmed attack roll for unwilling targets, thought it's more like trying to grab the guy or brushing your fingers against him rather than punching them. With indirects the target defends with Body +Armor -[Force of Spell] and with direct spells like knockout you just need to roll against ether body or willpower after the unarmed attack roll.
>>
I'm curious, could a ghoul mage work in 5e? It seems like if I build a chaos mage, his bonuses, along with the right bioware, will give him an insane drain pool. Granted I'm still iffy on magic rules and I haven't played a mage yet so I could be wrong on something.
>>
>>48393495
Ah, right, the people who wished and still wish so hard that cyberpunk was real, and we could fight the power. The kind of people you see in the movie Hackers (Which, in all fairness, actually is a pretty damn good movie).
>>
>>48391512
It was going to be more of a crab shaman than a crab adept.
Unless you're telling me I can befriend crabs, use them as spell bombs, and turn into crabs as an adept.

and you are SO RIGHT HOLY SHIT
>>
>>48393498
That clarifies things for me, thanks.
>>
File: 1389645574517.jpg (136KB, 1153x700px) Image search: [Google]
1389645574517.jpg
136KB, 1153x700px
I would be interested in commissioning some shadowrun art. Any good artist recommendations? And things to get drawn? (I was thinking some sort of team picture)

I'm going to be honest I haven't played the game (I can't find anyone interested to do so in my usual circles)... But I've read a lot of the books and everything seems so cool!
>>
File: my little shadowrunner.gif (354KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
my little shadowrunner.gif
354KB, 500x279px
>>48390439
A fellow in my group built a combination Mr. Lucky/Disguise Adept and it's AWESOME. A ridiculous amount of edge plus the ability to look like almost anybody has made for some really fun infiltration shenanigans.
>>
>>48393332
Eh, I think that's probably mostly just from the fact that even within Gibson's works, you're looking at outsiders in the corporate maneuvering that steers the world. Corporations are seen as these monstrous entities that exist on another plane that can't really be thought of as human, like a higher state of existence. This especially comes in when you deal with figures like Virek and Bigend, who manage to be 'people' that overlap the same existence as the zaibatsus and multinationals.

Hell, if anything, I'd say that corps are more akin to Lovecraftian entities, neither particularly malicious or beneficial, simply existing. Turner's thrice-burnt by corps, but it's not like he has any malice for them; he simply understands that's the way they are. Of course, in the various derivative swill, this just gets turned into 'Ermagawd, corps are so ebil, row row fight da powah.'
>>
File: Things.png (246KB, 194x940px) Image search: [Google]
Things.png
246KB, 194x940px
>>48395744
>Hell, if anything, I'd say that corps are more akin to Lovecraftian entities,
That sounds too much like When Gravity Fails' corps.
>>
>>48392054
>>48393269
Cool, thanks guys.
>>
>>48395779
Well, just look at Count Zero for quotes about Virek. And this is still supposedly just a very rich person, not even beginning to look at the likes of Hosaka, of Maas-Neotek, or any of the others.

>And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.

>If you believe the journalists, he’s the single wealthiest individual, period. As rich as some zaibatsu. But there’s the catch, really: is he an individual? In the sense that you are, or I am? No.

>She wondered how powerful money could actually be, if one had enough of it, really enough. She supposed that only the Vireks of the world could really know, and very likely they were functionally incapable of knowing; asking Virek would be like interrogating a fish in order to learn more about water.
>>
>>48395861
I suppose you are a bit right. Maybe it's not entirely like WGF's, which is more an exaggeration of everything cyberpunk (Afterall, it takes place in the 2190s/2200s. Very good setting and story though). I can see where people got the 'Fight the powah' stance from that though. It's easy to hate on the big guy, and condemn the decisions they have to make.
>>
>>48395375
are you me?
>>
File: street samurai.jpg (146KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
street samurai.jpg
146KB, 700x1000px
Hey chummers, gimme some advice. I'm taking over GM duty for my LGS SR5e game (the Current GM is leaving for work out of state), and for the first run, I feel like I want to send the team on a whitehat run, ie probing and testing a corp's security for them. Any good idea on to execute this?
>>
>>48393512

It works, but as a ghoul you'll have a whole lot more to worry about than game mechanics.
>>
>>48391676
>desperate inexperienced b8er trying to milk his babby-tier material

I think you're just mad that people were chill.

See you on the boards, kid :^)
>>
File: original cyberpunk.jpg (187KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
original cyberpunk.jpg
187KB, 640x853px
>>48393495
>>48393642
Yeah, you know. These guys.

If Watch_Dogs 2 is Hackers: The Videogame, I'll buy that in a heartbeat because dear god it looks corny, stupid, and spectacular.
>>
>>48396485

Non lethal rounds, paintballs.

Make the security shift boss - not the admin security chief, but like the 'captain of the guard' type guy - an antagonistic asshole to give players some incentive.

It should probably be *very hard* to break in. E.g if your decker can completely comprimise their Matrix security while your Sams crawl under the perimiter fence then that's not very believable, because the runners are meant to be the final test of a hardened, planned system, not the alpha-testers for some open-source bullshit parade.

Corps tend to betray runners who have learned about their security systems to the level of detail your players' team would have. Your players should think about insurance and their own security.

One twist might be for another team of runners to hit the facility on the same night. The player team will have to convince the corp it's nothing to do with them, which could include taking on the runners (who might make the players an offer of their own).
>>
>>48396718
The first Watch_Dogs was more or less every nerd who got bullied in school's wet dream. It was about some guy who was all about computers and being edgy killing people who do anything wrong, and ruling the world with compuuuters.

It felt more like an autistic kid's power fantasy than it did Hackers. Also, the main character genuinely had autism. Not even in the funny 4chan ironic sense, he genuinely displayed all the signs.
>>
File: In_a_single_combat_turn.gif (611KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
In_a_single_combat_turn.gif
611KB, 300x222px
Is having the target of a run stolen minutes beforehand by Carmen Sandiego going too far for a run complication?
I mean, it could easily start a globehopping educational investigation arc.
>>
>>48396791
>educational
yup, learn about wonderful places like
>Bogota
>Lagos
>Kowloon Walled City
>SOX
and many more
>>
>>48396871
I would love to watch that show
>>
>>48391324
Actually our group just plays like mercs for hire. Our DM has had us running around fighting anything from full on militarizes to PMC's to killing tons of civvies in Neo-Paris after a previous terrorist attack.

It's an amazing way to play the game especially with a black trenchcoat style DM.

It's fantastic.
>>
>>48388923
not all bad guys run at 100 percent all the time. Look at real life. Sloppy crooks get away with all kinds of things. Or low balling for a certain level of lowballing. the GM might have other plans. Maybe its more of pink Mohawk game, and its gonna end with a shoot out through traffic on a school bus

just not enough info, Omae
>>
>>48396791
You could probably end a campaign on one of her exploits. One time she stole the concept of fucking language. That's gotta be greater than greater dragon shit right there.
>>
>>48397311
I always hear that phrase, what does pink mohawk game mean?
>>
>>48397434
Pink mohawk vs Black Trenchcoat
Basically it's the level of public disturbance acceptable by the DM before NPC's are sent to intervene. Ie in a hardcore pink mohawk run you could shoot up a neighborhood of gangers, kill the cops that come and get away and maybe make it onto the news.

In a hardcore Black Trenchcoat run, if you even tried to shoot at more than a building for longer than a few minutes cops are coming, the instant you engage the cops for longer than a few seconds HTR is 1d6 minutes away or less, if the HTR already isn't there. Do anything spontaneously destructive and a global man hunt happens for you.
>>
>>48396718
Too bad they're forcing you to be a monkey -3/10 will not buy.
>>
>>48397428
yeah, perhaps too much for one complication.
no matter HOW much I want to throw it at my players.
>>
>>48397466
Thanks anon.
Nice dubs.
>>
>>48397466
Pink mohawk refers to how "realistic" the setting is. The tone. Compare Game of Thrones to Lord of the Rings. Or, more relevantly, Snowcrash to Neuromancer.

Black Trenchcoat means you go about your job as "realistically" as you can. Social engineering, due diligence on johnsons and targets, staking out both physical and cyber security, floorplans, casualty avoidance, etc.

Pink Mohawkers take a more... murderhobo approach. Lots of guns, murder, theft. Im not gonna say its badfun. just a different style. The GM should account for that. Runs require less than a light touch. More wet work. Clear out these gangers. PMC stuff. See the world. Shoot the people you meet.
>>
>>48397597
Yeah basically this, I just meant in general how the DM treats it, because NPC response is really all that matters. It's basically the lenience the DM has for letting you fuck up / not do things properly or yeah realistically.
>>
>>48397642
I mean, I feel the need to elaborate because it would change the sort of character I would build and how I would play him
>>
>>48396783
The main character was the least fun part of the game for me. The Korean guy salvaged a lot of that.
>>
>>48397700
The guy who shows up at the end of the game and turns out to the baddie? He was alright, I guess. The entire game just felt real... Egh. Like it was written by a loser commie teenager or atleast marketed towards that sort of person.
>>
>>48397759
Jordi; the guy you've kept on hire since the start of the game.
>>
>>48398294
So it was who I thought it was. He was okay, but not nearly good enough to save the game. What's'herface, the hacker girl, she was fucking horrible, almost as bad as the main character.
>>
>>48395375
Would you be interested in joining a skype group? Cuz we just lost a member.
>>
>>48397488
Just go with the format of the games: you've got a creepy group of super-thieves who are doing outrageous heists. While they can't find Carmen after she steals the UberMagicMcGuffin (TM), they do find one of her underlings, and can start following the trail from there.
>>
>>48388391

I'm the driver but not rigger cause I got that AR and VR sensitivity shit. Currently have:

- Ford Americar with extra seating. Its the car I use for not shadowrun stuff.
- Toyota Gopher. Vehicle tag, smugglers compartment, spoof chip, randomized license plate, and a cab for transportating the troll. Had to get it yerzed out because of That Guy.
- GMC Phoenix: Players don't know about it cause its not paid off all the way yet. Not sure how I want to mod it.
- The Ares food truck. Players don't know about this one either. It's my personal 'lay low vehicle' for when the heat's too high. Got it looking like its out of service but AR signs point it to a diner of a friend. Got squatter amenities.

What I want: Airstream RV Preserve. Upgrade the amenities, get conceal armor, make it self sufficient and submersible, set that puppy to autopilot on gridguide in Seattle and live out of that.
>>
>>48398858

I want to get a helicopter too cause its part of my character background but the GM has heavily hinted that in Seattle coptors aren't as free range as you think.
>>
>>48398858

> Vehicle tag

Vehicle tag eraser
>>
Say I want to keep a runner who has Cyberware (Arm, implanted commlink, torso, whatever) from being able to properly access them to keep them from escaping, or asking for help. How do I do this?
>>
>>48398918

turn wireless off?
>>
>>48398918
Shoot them in the head.
>>
>>48396791

Get her to Magic from the Sixth World have throw the world into disarray, teach your runners about the key points of the awakening, assuming you have no mages that is
>>
File: BFtSxHC.jpg (319KB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
BFtSxHC.jpg
319KB, 1280x1816px
>>48398918
Jammers for comms, or a sack made from Universal Mirror Material, put over their head.
There are special manacles that tase you if you activate any implanted devices.
Paint grenades full of Narcoject in DMSO.
>>
>>48398918
jammers, keep rebooting their shit, surgery
>>
File: 1462332636834.jpg (764KB, 1200x2150px) Image search: [Google]
1462332636834.jpg
764KB, 1200x2150px
>>48395375
There is a draw friend on /tg/ who I have seen in the drawthreads who does good shadowrun character art. I forget his name, but I'd recommend giving him a shot.

Pic related
>>
File: ace_final_by_django_red-d9un63p.jpg (200KB, 725x1103px) Image search: [Google]
ace_final_by_django_red-d9un63p.jpg
200KB, 725x1103px
>>48399315
Correction Halycon450 is his deviant art name. Just want to rep the tg community. Also Im not sure if he takes commissions but django-red has made the best art for shadowrun 5th books.
>>
File: Mayhew Purcell.jpg (636KB, 1406x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Mayhew Purcell.jpg
636KB, 1406x1480px
>>48399315
Not just one, actually.
>>
>>48399439

Oh man, if this guy was an orc he'd be perfect for my dual wielding revolver cowboy
>>
>>48399524
Just photoshop a orc face onto McCree and call it a day.
>>
>>48399141
What are these manacles?
Also what are FAB grenades?
>>
>>48391881
You don't make an Unarmed attack. Your (MAG + Spellcasting) is the attack.

If you get more hits than his (REA+INT), you hit with (F + net hits) damage, and the target resists with (body + armor - F of your spell) ssince the AP of your spell is equal to its force.
>>
>>48400017
Technically, the spellcasting steps on page 281 say that he's right if he's casting on a target that's both unwilling and aware of what he's going to do. But it's just a touch attack, not a full on unarmed strike, for what it's worth.

On the other hand, yours is much simpler and probably would see more use, especially because Punch is the only indirect touch spell I could find with a quick search of the usual places.
>>
>>48400438
Punch is an indirect combat spell with range "touch".

Indirect combat spells are resolved via Spellcasting + Magic [Force] vs. target’s Reaction + Intuition; as per the rules pg. 283.

The whole "Unarmed attack vs. unwilling target" thing is for the non-combat spells that don't deal damage. (Decrease Attribute, for instance.)
>>
>>48400471
(TLDR: if anyone anybody wonders, yeah, this is an issue of poor editing.)

That works great for the rest of the indirect spells, which are ranged, and the paragraph even notes that you don't need the normal kind of visual connection that a LoS spell needs, just a clear line of fire. (This is also probably why a person that ducks behind an open door isn't safe from a fireball, but is safe from a powerball or stunball).

Besides, the spellcasting's done in step 4, and the unarmed touch attack would happen in step 2 if we're going to follow the steps. Which by technicality means that there's two steps to dodge, if you're aware.

Also, look at the description of range on 282 for another reason why the description of either indirect spells or Punch should have had something added as a sanity check.
>>
I want to buy a Ares Dragon for my nomadic Runner to use as a house. I like to build everything I might need into the heli and setup a tent, if I stay somewhere a little bit longer.

What do you say are the upgrades I absolutly need for this plan and what is nice to have?
>>
>>48399827
FAB grenades are grenades that contain FAB
For further information on FAB read Street Magic/Grimoire or the respective CRB of your edition
>>
Anyone picked up a copy of Court of Shadows yet?
>>
File: image.jpg (396KB, 1280x988px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
396KB, 1280x988px
>>48395375
I draw shadowrun and my prices are pretty low.
>>
>>48400828
You better be practicing drawing cyberware.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2716x2898px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2716x2898px
>>48400913
I AM, OMAE but I'm starving and need money for ink so if you commission me I'll git gud I promise.
I also mail original traditionals for a little extra but I really don't charge much in the first place.
>earthboundhorror.tumblr.com/commissions
I'm going to be changing that url sometime soon though.
>>
File: Cyberpunk2020cyberbloke.png (102KB, 428x485px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk2020cyberbloke.png
102KB, 428x485px
>>48400950
I wasn't the one requesting the commission, sorry if it sounded like I was. Though, I may consider it. In the very least, your cyberware seems to be doing better. The synthetic musculature on the arm makes it, really. You get that, and you're golden.

Also, if I may suggest, perhaps remove a lot of the extraneous metal bits around the implants, such as the Datajack in your picture. It may just be something personal for me, but it's some a lot of more modern style cyberpunk artists do, and I think it looks horrible. There's really not much reason to have big chunks of metal extruding from something like that, unless you're specifically doing it as a fashion statement. I don't know, I could just be completely wrong here and refusing to get with the times. And hey, it's a matter of design rather than skill at that point.
>>
>>48400807
>Court of Shadows is an alternate setting for Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, emphasizing the magic and intrigue of the Seelie Court. With full setting, character, and plot details, as well as information on using SR5 characters in the Seelie Court, this book presents all-new ways to play Shadowrun and to live in the mystical intrigue of the planes of fairy, capturing the magic of the dream world—and seeing if they can prevent its fall.

Huh. I am interested in this.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3000x3600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3000x3600px
>>48401001
I just recently started playing after being a dying unenthused WoD player for decades. I'm still learning the aesthetic styles of cyberpunk (urban fantasy is bad craic to break from) but I'm confident I'll get better, I pick up on things quickly.
>>
>>48401097
Just scour the old Shadowrun and Cyberpunk books (New ones have horrid art) for ideas on how the aesthetic rolls. Just mind you, a lot of older Shadowrun's art is very... Cartoony. Maybe not the best if you want a more realistic style.

Also, very much dependent on what you want, you can either go for a modern cyberpunk aesthetic or the classic. I personally think the classic works much better, as the modern seems very... Over the top? And not entirely in a good way. As I mentioned, lots of extrusious stuff, and nonsensical designs. I feel a lot of the older art feels more technical in design than newer art.

That said, almost naked man with a cyberarm and a katana.
>>
>>48401139
>Dead as Frosty
God, I wish.
>>
File: CYBERPUNK-2077-Teaser-5.jpg (189KB, 610x591px) Image search: [Google]
CYBERPUNK-2077-Teaser-5.jpg
189KB, 610x591px
>>48401139
>extrusious
It's 5AM. I meant EXTRANEOUS, of course.

Also, don't do pic related. It looks insanely dumb. Just by god... Please don't.
>>
File: StevePrescottcyberlegs.jpg (74KB, 349x640px) Image search: [Google]
StevePrescottcyberlegs.jpg
74KB, 349x640px
>>48401139
>3e art a best
>>
>>48401176
I like that shit. It's a nice way to show that despite being really well made, the limb is still a prosthetic.
I mean, assuming you didn't realize that cuz of her gigantic arm blades.
>>
>>48401197
The elbow-chest seam's okay in my eyes, but the one on the arm's pretty 'why' unless that is a really gigantic arm blade you're talking about. I think that might be more than Hyakkimaru-tier in arm blades.
>>
>>48401178
This guy doubletimed artwork for 2020 and Shadowrun back in the day. He's fucking great.
http://steampoweredmikej.deviantart.com/gallery/

>>48401197
But it's not. It makes absolutely no sense. It's random indentation of what is supposed to be a synthetic flesh material, which would be flexible and move with the joints, kind of like, you know, real flesh. Those stupid lines aren't even on the joints. They're just dumb. If you want o show something is still synthetic, you make it fucking synthetic, not some weird halfassed indented flesh material that makes nil sense.
>>
I'm helping a friend make a pixie mysad focusing on using magic and concealment in 5e. Are there any suggestions to spells or gear to pick up, apart from a rope to suicide with?
>>
>>48401216
Yeah, her arm unfolds and gigantic fucking blades pop out. Have you not seen the trailer for Cyberpunk 2077? That's what it's from.
>>48401225
>It makes absolutely no sense.
It's a seam between separate parts. There, it took me five seconds to think up an explanation.
>>
>>48401271
Get the blades skill and that crazy lightsaber spell.
Make sure to have points in stealth, because while -6 dice to perception is fairly crippling, you still need some stealth skills.
Get a charisma or logic based tradition.
Do most of your fighting with spirits and spend your combat turns hiding because if someone sees you they could probably kill you with a flyswatter.
>>
File: KoolArm.png (2MB, 1070x660px) Image search: [Google]
KoolArm.png
2MB, 1070x660px
>>48401375
Then how do you explain the indent on the bicep? And why is it still flesh coloured? Is there any reason why they could not just make it you know, more believable looking?

It's a lazy, stupid way to show something synthetic. As I said, if you want it to have flesh, make it have flesh. If you want it to be synthetic, then do that. But by god don't try to make flesh look unnatural with meaningless indents.

Or, hell, do the 2020 thing and have fleshweave. That shit was the tightest.
>>
>>48388602
>>48388731
Implying the SR "Mafia" is a match for even a half assed runner team. We're not talking about a Wuxing-sponsored Triad of initiates here.
>>
>>48401375
I had not seen the trailer. I'm already at my limit of stuff to wait on and get, so I'm trying to not look for more.
>>
>>48401416
>Then how do you explain the indent on the bicep?
Also a seam. You can take the outer parts off to get at the inside without having to take all the outside of your arm off.
That specific one is so she can access the cleaning tools for her horrible cyber arm knives.
>>48401421
Eh, it's got no real set schedule and the devs are currently working on engine shit instead of the game itself.
>>
>>48401271
Improved Invisibility, to add to the Pixie's natural sneakiness. Keep in mind this doesn't work against Assensing.

Punch. Cast it a F12 on an unsuspecting target (see above why it's unsuspecting), watch it eat a 16S ap-12 hit. Nighty-night, Mr. Troll! Do note that you will take drain if you do this, but as an awesome SHTF move, it's really effective.
>>
>>48395375
>>48398712

Yeah, I'm sure everyone in the group would appreciate having a drawfag on the team.
>>
>>48401421
Here's the trailer in case you're wondering but it's probably still years until the game is released so you're okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>>
>>48401467
I still think it looks extraneous.
Just like modern Cyberpunk HORRIBLE gun designs. God, all of the art in Shadowrun's gun books makes me want to violently vomit.

>>48401488
It's going to be shit
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 996x1220px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 996x1220px
Well hello, looks like CGL have found a quality artist for once.
>>
>>48401590
looks like pretty damn generic to me
>>
>>48401471
That's a waste of a spell. Pixies with max magic give people -6 dice in perception when most people don't even have 6 dice in perception. Adding invisibility on top of that is overkill.
>>48401524
>I still think it looks extraneous.
That's just a matter of taste. I kinda like it, esp. when used to contrast bulky and really obvious cybershit.
>the guns
Eh, can't disagree with you there.
>>48401590
That... that is really good art.
>>
>>48401524
The best part is all the ejection ports on caseless ammo weapons
>>
>>48401624
Oh sure it's generic as fuck, but it's a million times better than the clusterfuck that's on the original Data Trails cover.

In related news,
>Hey guys, how do we make riggers work if you send them to the seelie court? No drones or matrix there, wat do
>>....They can rig animals?
>>
>>48401641
>Data Trails cover
oh god, I missed that one. I retract my statement
>>
>>48401632
It's like they don't communicate with their artists at all.
>>
>>48401672
Cased variant something something, operators and black coats something something.

That's, well, not a good explanation but a joking half of one.
>>
>>48401524

> Weirdly covered slide you can't rack except on one hyper-specific place
> At least there's the notches to make gripping easier though, lol
> At least there's a gap for expelled brass to come through
> Seriously though, it's a SLIDE SHROUD
> Trigger at bizarre impossible to pull angle
> I guess it matches the angle of the grip, but I mean, people already complain about glock grips without weird triggers
> How does that even work mechanically?
> No seriously, where does the magazine go?
> Wait, is that diagonal thing in front the magazine?
> How...what...why
> I guess it makes it all more compact?
> Single front sight, no rear sights. I guess they strictly train point shooting with the laser?
> No optics mounted on the slide shroud, which would be its one possible actual use
> Laser at least has allen wrench hole for adjusting, but only left to right! How is it adjusted up down? And don't tell me you just have to take the magazine out, because then how do you adjust while practice firing? Do you have to chamber a round, drop the mag, and fire each time? Would have been smarter just to say blah blah blah built in computer discerns range and compensates laser automatically.
> Threaded barrel implied, so that's useful at least
> Gun has external ring hammer but no safety, just a slide release. Ok.
> Ambidextrous (or lefty only) slide release. Ok.

Worse guns have been made I guess but still, like 4/10
>>
>>48401632
Well... Kind of. Presumeably you could use an ejection port on a caseless weapon for removing rounds you have in battery, which is actually pretty useful. Even the G11 had something similar to an ejection port.

Anyways, pic related are some much better weapons. Though I do really hope those ones with the top mounted magazines eject load from the back, because placing your hand in front of the muzzle to load is sooooooo 1700s.
>>
>>48401710

Never change, /k/.
>>
>>48401629
In my experience there's no such thing as overkill, especially to stay hidden.
>>
>>48401008
Anyone got a link for it yet?
>>
>>48401731
That mortar there makes me annoyed Shadowrun doesn't have mortars.
Light mortars are basically the only pieces of artillery a shadowrunner could ever get their hands on, (or at least the only piece of artillery they could keep, as anything larger would probably have to be left behind sooner or later) yet there's no stats for them.
>>
>>48402012

Houserule that shit, son.
>>
When you guys play super serious mirror-shades and black trench coat style shadowrun, how do you cope with all the patently ridiculous and retarded shit? Do you just say "none of these faggot jackpointers and mary sue NPCs exist" or what?
I mean after reading the books I really can't take the setting seriously at all.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 811x1043px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 811x1043px
>>48401938
Not yet, tends to take a few days for someone to bother with removing the security and such.

Also, I'm not sure whether to be more scared of this guy's statblock or his face.
>>
>>48402047
in the case of our session we have simply not brought them up and I at least will continue not doing so

also it seems like captcha is making us (at the very least me) identify shop fronts
Legwork?
>>
>>48402047
It's generally understood that every singly canon NPC in SR is awful, especially Harlequin. The best move is to pretend like they're not there.
>>
File: damson.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
damson.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
>>48402084

>44 dice with his sword

Wow.
>>
Would it be too out there to rule that toxic mages are immune to their gimmicks? Like, plague mages are immune to most diseases, pollution mages can breath carbon monoxide like it was oxygen, and radiation mages can carry around chunks of radioactive material without getting radiation poisoning?
>>48402178
It's possible to make them fit with some major refluffing. In the case of the Tirs, pushing the immortal elves into the light actually makes the places make a lot more sense, cuz they go from "backwaters with populations smaller than most cities somehow become military and magical giants" to "evil wizards took over backwaters that didn't have the military or magical might to stand against them, and now use their evil wizard magic to harass neighboring countries."
>>
>>48402084

>Initiate grade: 18

Jesus.
>>
>>48402269
IMO they shouldn't be immune to it. They are humans that embraced that aspect, that doesn't mean it doesn't harm them

But they should get a sizable DPM on their resistance test. Plague mages have so many diseases in them that the new ones are a drop in the ocean. Pollution mages have learned to convert some of the gasses into breathable air (CO2 -> O2) or make them inert. Radiation mages have a "shield" of dead skin around them so the radiation damage is lessened

They can still die by it, but they will do so slower than normal
>>
>>48402084
Is it me, or is that kinda wasted since his sword is stuck at 7 Acc?
>>
>>48402644
He can push the limit whenever he needs to not buy all 7 hits. Guy's got 6 edge.
>>
>>48402708
Sure, or he can attack multiple targets at once and split it. But my question is, what's the point of getting it that high in the first place?
>>
>>48402755
masturbative purposes
>>
>>48402755
Split dice pools, penalties, and called shots.
>>
Help me out here chummers
I feel like I remember there being a remake of 4ths Food Fight for 5th but for the life of me can't find it. And none of that "fast food fight" nonsense, I'm talking "your party members all happen to be in a stuffer shack when shit hits the fan"
Did I dream this?
>>
>>48403164
I'm pretty sure this was written up in the Quick Start Rules of the Beginner Box
>>
>>48402047
Shadowrun actually gives you some good tools to create interesting and genuinely deep characters. If you dont like the jackpoint characters then just dont include then. Hell, if you think they are a blight then just dont add them.

With the setting stuff a lot of it can seem silly in real world context. However, this inst the real world and there are dragons and magical zombie viruses. Just give it some slack like any normal fantasy setting and try to think of it in their context.
>>
So I built a deckless decker with a himitsu, an attack dongle, and 7 edge. How fucked am I?
>>
>>48403717
A bit. You're unable to run cyberprograms, which are pretty useful, can't shift your attributes around for special purposes, and will have less noise reduction among other nice bits.

But you're not useless if only because you have Edge 7. It takes some doing to have that and be really fucked.
>>
>>48403164
Plots and Paydata in the Alphaware toolkit.

>>48403233
That's Fast Food Fight, an entirely different thing.
>>
>>48402084
Soon as it's available, I'll throw it up to the Mega and the Mediafire.
>>
>>48404059
That's the one! Thanks a billion
>>
>>48403796
Right. The general idea is adept hacker, edge 7, drugs, and hoping to god you can accomplish a hack in 7 actions or fewer.
>>
>>48404059

Just checked and what you referenced and what I did are both the exact same thing. So it's in both. Fast Food Fight is in the SR5 Quickstart rules, not the Beginner Box.
>>
I've been having this question for some time now and would like to hear your answers:

Imagine that (through means which we will not elaborate upon, but which are legal) you became in charge of CGL and thus also SR.
What would you do in that position. We will assume that precautions have been taken so you can't pull a Coleman.
>>
>>48405125
1- Make the line editor actually fucking edit the shit and earn his paycheck instead of dicking around writing fiction.

2- Get some actual game designers with solid stats backgrounds instead of letting a bunch of "writers" come up with the rules.

3- Actually have people who didn't write the shit themselves do QA
>>
Have you ever stat'd your pet as an NPC in the game? How'd you go about it?
>>
>>48401417

To be fair it was definitely a more local mob. More specifically, the Frattellis, from the Fast Food Fight. That said, about 10 minutes in the session, the GM screwed up his printed copy of the thing and chucked it away. Shortly after that, our dwarf street sam took his trousers off. It made sense in context, but I'm still baffled as to how and why it worked...
>>
>>48406696
The stats for cats are in howling shadows.
>>
>>48391324
>muh cancerstick smoking
None of our characters smoke, they have expensive tastes except in booze except for the one teetotaler who just indulges in rea food
>dark rainy city
New York isn't that bad
>totally not bladerunner
I don't even know what you're going for there, but we don't even run into any synthetic people with emotions or anything like that.
>evil corporations
About as evil as corps from our time would be if they had the oppurtunity
>PCs are liberal edgelords who hack
If anything our PC's are downright conservatives or non political, the ex KE soldier especially
>cyberpunk DmC: Devil may Cry
more Big Liebowski meets Davis Bowie's Diamond Dogs with some Hotline Miami
>muh cancerstick smoking
still a bunch of drunks with one teetotaler
>*hacks himself behind you* fight da man
the hacker likes her grappling hook arm more than hacking it seems
>gotta take down dem evil corporations for dem programs
did I mention the hacker is living a double life and has a day job at Ares and also has no problem with them?
>smoke more
>>
>>48391176
>and have an addiction to gambling.
My group once had a magician who had that. He kept upping his addiction to the next extreme. It started out with trideo poker, then went onto the high stakes tables in person, before ending up in back alleys with a taurus revolver and playing russian roulette. He got 2 revolvers that way and started using them and slowly becoming Revolver Ocelot.
>>
>>48407244
>having a problem with Ares
Literally the least of 10 evils.
>>
>>48406888
Fuck, that reminds me. I need to get the data files for Howling Shadows finished.
>>
>>48407244
>more Big Lebowski meets Diamond Dogs with some Hotline Miami
Mine's The Water Knife meets Islands in the Net, mixed with the history of the Taliban in Afghanistan, with Sicario as a side feature.

It's not quite as weird as when I run space opera.
>>
>>48407339
But that's wrong! Horizon is the most friendly and forward-thinkers of the megacorps! They're even run by an ork! Not to mention their social media innovations that allow people from all over the globe to communicate and form close, intimate bonds with each other!

Horizon - We Know What You Think
>>
>>48407386
Nice try, Gary.
>>
>>48407376
Hot damn, that sounds amazing. For us it's, how best to describe it...

Reservoir Dogs + Bourne trilogy + Carnival cruise commercial + Get the Gringo.
>>
>>48407585
>carnival cruise commercial
With the song extended so it actually says "Here comes johnny yen again, with the liquor and drugs", I assume
>>
>>48407616
I can neither confirm nor deny.
>>
File: Merc2000-Map.gif (3MB, 2511x2747px) Image search: [Google]
Merc2000-Map.gif
3MB, 2511x2747px
>>48407376
>The Water Knife meets Islands in the Net, mixed with the history of the Taliban in Afghanistan
>Not When Gravity Fails meets Merc 2000, mixed with the entire Mirrorshades anthology

Step your game up
>>
>>48407701
>Merc 2000
Taste. Though, I tend to run more narrow stuff. The game in question is CalFree, based around the Mojave. The Taliban vibes come from the fractious, self-serving locales of CalFree that mirror the warlord states of 1989-era Afghanistan, but also the water-wars resource jacking mirroring the New Great Game of oil pipelines in Central Asia. So it's all pretty specific references in that.
Last game of Shadowrun mercs I ran was in Africa, though. It was a way different political map than Merc 2000 has, but still, just thinking about proxy wars on the Angola/DRC border, Cabinda as a civ-target hotspot, Azanian tanks and Aztlaner LAVs... Takes me back, that does.
>>
>>48407701
How do you fit all that fun of the Budayeen into your game?
>>
>>48405125
Completely redo the formatting of like, every book. Have the original formatting guy executed... or at least fired.
>>
>>48405125
Basically what everyone has has said and physical kill the people responsible for the retarded in-universe shit that clogs about 60% of a given book with stale memes and weak jokes.
>>
>>48407244
>New York isn't that bad
Go pick up Target Wastelands.
>>
>>48407811
>Shadowrun in Africa
I presume you included Toyota Neo-Hilux's with Neo-DShKs in the back.

>>48407836
I copy most of the stuff from the When Gravity Fails sourcebook and add magic for Shadowrun.
>>
>>48407905
Shadowrun Africa is an amazing place. But then, the more you know about real Africa, the less of a stretch it all becomes. And Cyberpirates is a beautiful, unspoiled diamond of a sourcebook.
>>
File: CYBER 'NAM.png (982KB, 923x598px) Image search: [Google]
CYBER 'NAM.png
982KB, 923x598px
>>48407949
The Cyberpirates sourcebook reminds me that I knew someone who ran a Black Lagoon Shadowrun game (Literally set in the city, with added magic). Actually, that doesn't sound bad now that I think of it... Shadowrun as Merc 2000 mixed with Black Lagoon, throw the crew around SouthEast Asia and tell them to have fun.
>>
>>48407949
>real Africa
Just get your group to watch Empire of Dust. They'll probably end up actively helping Wuxing enslave/exterminate the continent.
>>
>>48407905
Should I just read the third book? I don't want the fun to end and that last bit with Shaknahyi dying was some hard shit man.
>>
So I literally just got into Shadowrun and I'm trying to get a feel for the setting beyond flavour text in the rulebooks etc. Searching 'shadowrun music' gives a lot of hits but what are your favourites, what's your style either character specific or just in general?

It seems to range from 'generic' 80s synth pop to some pretty abstract stuff (skinny puppy weirds me out but it's kinda groovy sometimes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXADH_spOY

Second question how would you recommend using Friends in High Places? Any stories?
>>
>>48408021
Cyberpirates in general is eleven shades of Black Lagoon. And you can basically get with your players and go "Okay, which of these regions sounds coolest to you", and your group will tell you exactly what you need. Do they want balls-out action, big names and big reputaitons? Carib League. Do they want pure punk, fighting a known enemy, running guns, high stakes and big dangers? The Philippines. Do they want Conrad's Heart of Darkness, or any of the Vietnam films it directly inspired? West Africa. What more can you ask for?

>>48408023
Don't be silly, Wuxing wouldn't allow that sort of closure to the issue. All they've got is a couple of leads on some mineral deposits in the upper Congo basin, and a blank check with "FOR NAPALM PURCHASES ONLY" written on the back.

>>48408151
Uhhhhh. There's a lot. Let me put more in another post.
>>
>>48408151
Link dumping. "Shadowrun music", just so I've said it in the post and it shows up in archive searches.

>Hip-hop, instrumental hip-hop, trip-hop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOe2voq-FP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csnYZ7LK1aA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsq0cyniSpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q8nGnls1Ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99myH1orbs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-TQwaIw9K8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QQS5V3cnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcUFbU9bxdk&index=7&list=PLIen3IPVo_U0UhGaR4sbBHd8Pb-PG1uHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyfFA7Cv_Bc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6in-2Cs1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YsEmgvsR8o

>Stoner rock, stoner metal, desert rock, grunge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmciQJSCoCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzyXJKollDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrWxM-LSI8&index=6&list=PL94gOvpr5yt2VpFe9o2JycQGm1l1yR7Oz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq8YcRi7DD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgNLIISpZ58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WuWerFyDOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMPA4xPFpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIC-V_N5RE

>Dubstep, neurofunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuFeKjfTjXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtNPzaHO7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMPTHh-big4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAO-lzl3vVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrHCn69rppg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as0_pJFqd-U
>>
>>48408436
basically, I use instrumental hip-hop the same way movie soundtracks do, as background music for basically everything and to set an urban tone. Works really well for that. More lyrical hip-hop like Billy Woods, El-P, and Ka works specifically if the lyrics fit in somehow. Desert rock and the other stuff in that section is more nature-focused, I play that for wilderness environment music, driving sounds, and during car chases. Dubstep and neurofunk also work during car chases, or in club scenes, or gunfights (depending on the particular examples thereof). And I could keep link-dumping all day, but I'll spare ye.
>>
>>48408084
Do it anon. You know you must finish the great trilogy.
>>
>>48408151

For urban stuff I have this eclectic mixture I've collected so as to have a piece for every situation. Lots of stuff from the pastebin, some from the vidya and a few more energetic pieces for dem pubs.

Recent addition to combat stuff was Stalker combat music.

I relly like Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery OST for more magical/ wild shadowrunnish music.
>>
>>48408436
Many thanks, listening now.
>>48408561
Interesting, do you listen to it yourself or somehow share it with the group? Do you GM or are you a player? Ever since we used to play other games with a guy doing music and sound effects in the background I've been fascinated with using it to enhance the experience. Do you have a theme song or character themes? The character I'm using now was pretty much born from an accent but I'm thinking of using a song or something for inspiration for the next one.
>>
>>48409045
I'm the one who dumped, but I play it over speakers if I'm in person, and I'm trying to find a nice way to do the same for VoIP. I used to use Mumuplayer, but it's dead now.
>>
>>48408151
>Ministry
>KMFDM
>Kraftwerk
>The Prodigy
>The Chemical Brothers
>The Crystal Method
>>
>>48409127
Prodigy and Chemical Brothers are good shit to work with. Klint, Herbaliser, Nightmares on Wax, Propellerheads, Bonobo, Amon Tobin, David Holmes, and Massive Attack are usually considered more or less in the same wheelhouse, and they're all the kind of shit that gets used in a ton of film soundtracks.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 700x700px
>>48408151
Perturbator, IAMX, Mystery Skulls, and Dance With The Dead are all worth your time. Carpenter BrĂĽt is phenomenal.
>>
>>48409127
I'm familiar with them, a bit heavier stuff but still good. Makes me think of poisoned atmosphere, night time raids and underground clubs.
>>48409272
Heard most of those and they're great. Personal favs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrrosELRyss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-kyRh7N-kE
>>48409396
Familiar with Perturbator, DWTD and Carpenter, great stuff. What's your opinion on Lazerhawk? Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWcjiL3RvJw
It's kind of all over the place and I wonder if the artist lacked direction but parts of it blow me away.
>>
File: bioweapon.jpg (86KB, 623x350px) Image search: [Google]
bioweapon.jpg
86KB, 623x350px
Is it a reasonable thing for corps to be experimenting with bioweapons capable of nuclear-like capabilities, given the sudden failure of nukes worldwide?
>>
>>48409508
Nuclear-like capabilities? You what?
>>
>>48409527
Like, say, city-scale firebreath that leaves nothing but shadow people.

or the capacity to godzilla rampage for an uninterrupted period of a dozen tokyos.
>>
Is there any place with a lot of info on the order of st. Slyvester? The more I think about it, the more I want to have a moralfag fist adept Kenshiro his way across the barrens for Jesus and from what I've seen, sylvester is the only christian group presence to initate into
>>
>>48408436
Is it weird that I tend to more associate things like hair metal to Shadowrun? I guess I tend to have a specific image in my mind of the world, one perpetually in the 80s, regardless of the actual date (like Fallout and the 50s.)
>>
Is a demiGOD agent a viable contact to have or are they beyond the scope of what it allows?
>>
>>48409548
>>48409527
or just straight up tetsuo shit.
>>
>>48409508
Well, firstly, the "unreliability" of nukes is more of a worry than a concrete reality. The only nukes that have actually been fired and failed to detonate were the SAIM missile, which who knows what happened there, the missile never showed up-- and the missile that North Korea fired at Japan, which could have just as well just been a shoddy piece of Nork engineering. Libya and Chicago both went off, and Chicago may have been weakish, but it was also held in by a huge mana barrier. Nuclear power plants have had a few more failures, but that's a mix of terrorism, poor regulations, and toxic spirits.

>>48409567
But the 80's had so much better music than hair metal.
>>
>>48409603
oh, well, shit.
I guess I'll just have nukes then.
>>
>>48409508
I'd say so. I bet Ares has like 7 different labs trying to weaponise bug spirits. Particularly considering the shitter-shattering Aztechnology got when they overstepped the line, I think a lot of corps, even just AA ones would be interested in gaining a deterrent. The question is how the could be deployed. Some corps have countries under their thumb, like Horizon and California, Aztechnology and Aztlan, but generally a corp can't hit a civilian city with a nuke and not drastically fuck over either their own business enterprise, or turn everyone against them because they fucked over their business enterprises. So think a little smaller. Look into the modern-day development of tactical nuclear devices that have adjustable payloads, with the potential for much smaller blast areas than ever before. You want bioweapons that can concentrate their firepower into a single corporate enclave, or onto a single area on the battlefield.
>>
>>48409504
>>48409396
>Perturbator and Brut
>no mention of M|O|O|N, Mitch Murder, or Magic Sword

C'mon, guys, step it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8hiZvxLRHY
>>
>>48409603
>But the 80's had so much better music than hair metal.
Well that's just what sprung to mind. 80s music in general fits for me.
>>
>>48409548
>>48409573
>I know nothing about what nuclear weapons are for
The MAD doctrine has been abandoned since the 1960s, you fool. Now, do you want Low Yield Tactical, High Yield Tactical, or Strategic nuclear weapons? Because all three would require different alternatives, assuming nuclear weapons just aren't a thing.
>>
>>48408151

PWEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OUeFShS6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n372skCmcMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Lwo4GFQY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfsHoZnR1Uw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6TiimsgX80
>>
>>48409603
>>48409623
He's forgetting to mention the winternight nukes, but those were crappy and made by terrorists, so yeah.
Also I think India and Pakistan's arsenals didn't work.
>>
>>48409636
Strategic, of course.
The biguns.
>>
>All this talk of Shadowrun music
>No mention of Sacred Reich
You're a disappointment, /srg/.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vcYB46D_dQ
>>
>>48409624
Well, that's more than good enough.
Because a lab researching horrible bioweapons is way more interesting than "there is a nuke".
It can get more interesting if you have a whole plot about tracking down the nuke, but the nuke itself has lost some of its old "still experimental" majesty. And has no self determination to monkey wrench things.
>>
>>48409623
People are still worried about nukes being an iffy thing, but it's probably exaggerated. Oh, and I think there's a canonical successful nuclear exchange between Pakistan and India.

Also, the original intention of FAB III was for it to be potentially a biological, astrally-active superweapon that was accidentally discovered in an Ares lab, and extremely dangerous. 3rd Edition kind of buggered that, but the potential's there with some hamming.

>>48409656
I mean what of the Crash 2.0 was actually reasonable, either? It was like they just took every plotline and threw them at each other with full force, so that we couldn't possibly keep using them in our 4th edition games.
>>
>>48409627
I haven't heard much of those aside from the HM2 songs but I have heard the frantic aerobics. Checking out Magic Sword.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpRUKLKCY-w
>>48409639
Slight The Smiths vibe, but crazier, still cool though.
>>48409670
I don't get the significance of it, enlighten me? I like thrash as much as the next guy and it's an interesting tonal shift compared to the previous examples.
>>
Actually an NPC DJ in my campaign at this point.
>This is Ponderous Man, reeeeally Ponderous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gYIbMwswKM
>>
>>48409850
Holy shit, someone else knows 2NU. Btw, the name is a blast. The reason the group got the name is because the first time one of their tracks was played on the radio, they still didn't have a band name. So the DJ just introduced as something "too new" to have a name. Really dope stuff. Her is basically just a Dark Sun campaign.
>>
>>48409664
Okay, so that means we need to look at what the targets of strategic nuclear weapons are. They are NOT population centers, contrary to what many may thing. The goal of a nuclear exchange is NOT to kill people, it's to cripple a nation. In some manner, a nuclear strike is just a larger strategic bombing run, a-la what happened in Berlin in WW2.

The primary targets of a nuclear strike are oil refining and storage facilities, oil distribution facilities, military command centers, and key industrial areas, as determined by the Office of Technology Assessment's 1979 study. Considering oil isn't really a thing in Shadowrun, I'd lump it in with key industrial areas, or add in electrical generation plants (Nuclear, hydroelectric, etc)

So, now, we think; How do we disable those things? Biological is not the answer, as that only works for killing the people, not the targets. It's too indiscriminate and indirect, and leaves the targets still open to operation. A good alternative would be a high powered EMP, possibly coupled with conventional explosive warheads for heavy bombardment. Replace the nuclear warheads on the LGM-30s with dual high explosive-EMP warheads, and keep the MIRV system. It's not going to be as effective, but it's likely the best you can get.

There is also the option of chemical contamination. It's slightly more effective than biological, but not by much (For all intents and purposes, Anthrax works like a chemical weapon would). You could contaminate an industrial center of a city with it, but with how good 2010's chemical decontamination processes are, I doubt it would last long.

Cont
>>
File: US Nuclear Targets.png (404KB, 933x632px) Image search: [Google]
US Nuclear Targets.png
404KB, 933x632px
>>48409900
Then there's the option of orbital weapons. A mass driver in space could very well hurl big space rocks at the planet, which wouldn't be fun for anyone. This gives the concussive effect of a nuclear weapon. Now, if you made special warheads for it, that had staging to release an EMP in an airburst while the solid projectile continued down on to earth, that'd be almost exactly like a nuclear weapon. But I suppose that's not as interesting as a bunch of people working on a super virus in a lab.
>>
>>48388477
Shadows of Asia page 170-172.

Briefly mentioned in a couple of other books, but there's no other real write-up. None in Sixth World Almanac AFAIK.
>>
>>48409777
It's just a good ass band. I thought it was more popular than this.

Also, The Lillingtons is a good punk band if you need some of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HmmMzZc4cY
>>
>>48388477
They incorporated and became an AA: Singapore, Inc.
>>
>>48404079
Doing God's work, chummer
>>
>>48409962
Oh, and Surf Nicaragua reminds me far too much of Cyberpunk 2020. That too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6HF7mxTlo
>>
>>48409272
>Massive Attack
Yeah, I knew I was leaving off the fourth musketeer to go with those last 3.
>>
>>48409567
You're right thinking of the '80's, but it's more Depeche Mode than Whitesnake
>>
>>48409983
Massive attack is great. And they have a big enough catalog that you can use them for more than just the basics.
Oh, speaking of leaving off things--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uJhTOPzF6A
I've been bumping the new DJ Shadow album in a few of my dice-games playlists. It's got a lot of different moods in it.
>>
>>48410002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIrm0dHbCDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzGnX-MbYE4
So many of their song's lyrics seem to fit with the SR world (though that might just be me)
>>
>>48410351
Love finding lyrics I can force into SR context.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLmIKWM1_Jk
>>
>>48409930
>A mass driver in space could very well hurl big space rocks at the planet, which wouldn't be fun for anyone
You literally just described the thor shot.
>>
>>48410351
People Are People used at a Humanis Rally
>>
>>48409930

Not hitting White Sands or Groom Lake? Very suspicious oversight there.

Which reminds me, on a more serious note, what happened with Area 51 in Shadowrun?
>>
>>48411175
>Not hitting White Sands or Groom Lake? Very suspicious oversight there.
Both of those are test sites, and have little to contribute to the war effort.
>>
>>48411043
No, I literally just described the Mass Drivers from Hardwired :^)
>>
>All this music
>Nobody mentions Archive

Their album Controlling Crowds is so cyberpunk that they used the second track in the 2070 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hlc3v_xiKY
>>
File: Dr Spaceman.gif (999KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Spaceman.gif
999KB, 400x226px
>>48390630
>Dr. Spaceman
>High logic

Try again.

1 logic, skillwires with max rating medical skills so he thinks he can actually do medicine so long as he doesn't think too hard about it, combined with high edge that he spends to avoid getting sued
>>
>>48409930
>>48409900
>talks about nuclear, biological and chemical
>doesn't mention magical
This is shadowrun chummer, never forget the magic.

All of those options are too easy to stop with magic one way or the other, except the mass driver
But the mass driver requires something in space to shoot it which means it can be destroyed and then you're out of superweapons.

Now lets see, if the target is like a key industrial area, some mad wizard could find a way to create a localized mana storm. Would completely devastate the area, and leave it uninhabitable until it stops. Or could do it like the NAN did it during the great ghost dance and just erupt any inactive volcano close enough to the target and just fuck the shit out of everything. Helping create a bug spirit hive in the area is for the truly insane, but would also do the job.
>>
>>48411631
I like the way you think, actually. Definitely going to toy around with that, thanks.
>>
>>48409930
>>48409900
>>48411657
Actually, I think nuclear would be the best option for a magical attack. Explosions that kill people create a permanent background count. A nuke, or possibly even a dirty bomb, will create a permanent toxic background count. The entire area will become completely uninhabitable. And also be filled with angry nuclear spirits that eat anyone who is stupid enough to try.
>>
File: 1302730680351.jpg (125KB, 1500x526px) Image search: [Google]
1302730680351.jpg
125KB, 1500x526px
Which corporation would actively try to develop a flying battleship/space crusier? ARES?
>>
File: k Talks Guns.jpg (1MB, 789x2973px) Image search: [Google]
k Talks Guns.jpg
1MB, 789x2973px
>>48401710
>Would have been smarter just to say blah blah blah built in computer discerns range and compensates laser automatically.

Does anyone want to tell /k/ that the Salvette Guardian has a built-in smartlink? No need for optics of any kind, it does the thinking for you. Even more point-and-shoot than lasers. until someone hacks their smartlink
>>
File: Boo.gif (392KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
Boo.gif
392KB, 250x185px
>>48407339
>least
>literally responsible for the continued existence and spread of bug spirits on this Earth, at least outside of a couple of cases of summoners who would be splattered as soon as they started looking sideways at ants if Firewatch did half the job PR says they do
>>
The Seelie court book manages to mix magic and resonance. Basically you have magical memory flashdrive technos, God expies, and resonance grids. It's...silly.
>>
File: SeelieCourtMMO.png (103KB, 277x184px) Image search: [Google]
SeelieCourtMMO.png
103KB, 277x184px
Also what the hell is with this font?
>>
>>48413616
that hurts to look at. what is up with the v and w?
was this done on a fucking printing press
>>
>>48411223

So? It's two nukes as insurance, and elimination of enemy assets that CAN seriously impact the war effort. The professionals and scientists designing new weaponry and equipment.
>>
>>48414464
Once the war goes nuclear, I highly doubt R&D will be on either nation's priority. Also, going by NATO doctrine, that means two more nuclear weapons directed at you, and all you get is destroying two things that aren't designated primary, secondary, or even tertiary targets. (They had a strike-for-strike doctrine going on.)
>>
>>48410002
Howard Jones every time the runners enter a club
>>
>>48414464
>designing new weaponry and equipment
who is going to produce it when your production capabilities are cut? how would this new hardware even be delivered?
>>
>>48412083
No one. The actual space between space shuttles is so far that almost any weapon would be ineffective. It would be more effective to try to blast them from the planet as they try to land. I think Neonet likes to throw down with ARES in the space race if that counts for anything.
>>
>>48401632
Idealy you'd want an ejection port so you can clear feeding issues easier if they happen.
>>
Okay so even if it's getting us sales from you guys that would otherwise pirate the PDFs misinformation is a shitty practice, so.

There's no security on the PDFs. There hasn't been for a long time, since before I was hired.

There used to be but now there isn't. So either prove me wrong or stop scaring people with this "oh no invisible watermarks" BS.

I am not encouraging piracy, today I talked with a friend who is afraid of buying Shadowrun PDFs because he's a nutter that's paranoid about secret security features and you fuckers are the only ones talking like those exist.
>>
File: Grid Overwatch Division.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Grid Overwatch Division.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>48416232

That's what you corpers want us to believe so that you could track us while we sleep.
>>
>>48416232
When I said security, I was referring to the watermarks that identify the person who bought the book. Ain't nobody wants to get Tyler'd again.
>>
>>48416232
t. CGL loss prevention
>>
>>48416273
I remember that video. Doesn't his screaming break the mic?
>>
File: Biofeedback.gif (250KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
Biofeedback.gif
250KB, 500x429px
>>48416298

I have no idea. It's just one of hundreds of gifs I got somewhere.
>>
>>48416283
Oh.

My bad. I really thought we stopped that. Like, I checked with the boss and everything. He said we don't do it.

Oh well. Carry on, and remember to report all deviant activities to Grid Overwatch, citizens!
>>
>>48416232
Frig off Amy. Tell your shadow owners to finish polishing your system before they send you here to recruit free brand awareness through filesharing. Or get some more F-list actors to stream your game.
>>
>>48416363
>Or get some more F-list actors to stream your game.
You wiggity wiggity what?
>>
>>48416363
We wiggity wiggity what?
>>
>>48416363

Little Mac is not for harassing
>>
>>48416363
But since you implicitly asked, Technomancer book's rules are still in playtesting. I should actually check on that.
>>
>>48416496
Feel free to give a complete non-answer, but is there anything in there that a Techno would want to thread at level 15+ (assuming Resonance 5 or 6)?
>>
>>48416283
>Ain't nobody wants to get Tyler'd again.
I'm new, what are you referring to when you say this?
>>
>>48416338
It's DrivethruRPG's watermark, not yours. 90% sure.
>>
>>48416558
Guy uploaded a copy of... I wanna say it was a bunch of Pathfinder books, without removing the watermarks and got busted for it.
>>
>>48416858
Oh, I see. Guessing his name was Tyler?
>>
File: file.png (324KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
324KB, 400x400px
>>48416928
We're all Tyler, really.
>>
>>48388391
Hi I just started reading the 5th edition Basic rulebook since some friends want to play some Shadowrun but they are too lazy to DM, anyone got advice on what to write down and learn in particular? Or any resource collection for stuff like maps or shop stocks etc. ? First time being a DM and first time doing anything related to shadowrun would apprechiate all help
>>
Just read the 5e core rulebook for the first time in months. Are the splats absolutely necesarry or can I just ignore them?
>>
>>48417579
The Corebook contains everything you need to play the game

if you can find it
>>
>>48417605
I probably would, if there wasn´t so much fluff.
>>
>>48417579
You can definitely play with the core book only.
>>
>>48408151

Everything Queensryche from their first EP up to and including Promised Land. if only because the damn sourcebooks for the first two editions are packed full of triryches and song references in the art.

(oh and Slamm-0! has a triryche on his t-shirt in one pic in Data Trails, but fuck 5e until they fix it.)
>>
>>48409556

Might be able to find something in Threats 2, what with the chapter on the Templars and all.
>>
>>48413616

Oh hello oldschool Shadowrun text. It's been a while.
>>
>>48414547

Reasonable point. I suppose I'm mostly just disappointed that none of the crazy shit purported to be going down at Area 51 is ever touched upon in Shadowrun.
>>
>>48415449

What? No. You're seriously underestimating how accurate a projectile can be outside of atmosphere. And failing that, ARES has that tasty laser tech to poke holes in other ships with. Without atmosphere, lasers become far more viable at long ranges.
>>
File: tumblr_nh3wt7aQhq1sh2sn1o1_500.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh3wt7aQhq1sh2sn1o1_500.gif
2MB, 480x360px
So last night I pulled a session with some runners where they stole a magical artifact I'm the form of a giant Pearl. Thing is, it was at 3am, so I just said "it's magical go steal it". Mind helping me come up with what this thing does? Thanks, guys.
>>
>>48418735
it glows in the presence of a technomancer/whatever other shit corps want
corps want it because they want to reproduce this shit to more easily find whatever it is they want
>>
>>48418735
If you want to go all-out, it belongs to an Eastern Dragon, and now the runners need to deal with the a very hot item.

If you want a tamer version, the pearl has been used for centuries as a focus for (insert ceremony) by (insert religious group). Thank you Sixth World, it is now a focus that makes said ritual easier. Again, up to the runners what they do with it.
>>
>>48418735
It's a magical artifact that makes stable gateways to a specific metaplane full of what looks to be surface deposits of orichalcum.
>>
Good suggestions, thanks guys.
>>
File: 1318118255784.png (58KB, 206x178px) Image search: [Google]
1318118255784.png
58KB, 206x178px
So... what's with area spells only hitting what you can see? Is this a way to prevent magical nuking or some shit?
>>
>>48418919
No idea.

I REALLY wanted to use a hot potato on the other side of a wall, even if I couldn't see it.

I know there's open space, so what's the hold up?
>>
Hoi chummers. New GM here. Thinking about which city to run my campaign in. Was thinking Vegas.

My question is, what's the best city to start in, and why?
>>
>>48418919
>>48418978
>Game won't let us further break mages
>"wtf muh power gaming!"
>>
>>48418919
>>48418978
It's like you don't want to use Force 1 Looking Glass from Shadow Spells.
>>
>>48419027
I don't think there is a "best" city to start in. However I guess that a good start is in a city you are familiar with or that there is a lot of fluff on. So things like seattle.
>>
>>48419039
>further break mages
Fireball slinging mages are the least broken part of the system m8. Fireballs and other damage spells are weaker than just throwing a grenade, and cause damage to the caster though drain.
>>
File: PlantMonsterType.gif (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
PlantMonsterType.gif
114KB, 400x400px
>>48407376
My current one is turning into The Big Lebowski + The Italian Job + Body of Lies + Infernal Affairs/The Departed set in The Big Easy.

I tried doing a storytime of it on the /pol/-infested chan but that went nowhere.
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>48419986
>>48419986
>>
Is there any repository for shadowrun 5th books, akin to the pathfinder one ?
>>
>>48417579
Eh~
Rigger 5 is necessary if you want to play a rigger, but other than that, nah.
>>
>>48421068
Check the OP, friend.
>>
>>48421102

Thanks, I'm fucking blind.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.