[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I play games mostly solo, but I like having games people can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pic175966.jpg (311KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pic175966.jpg
311KB, 1200x1200px
I play games mostly solo, but I like having games people can join in on when they want.

I have a few games, one of which I'd like to purchase today or tomorrow.
Anyone care to give me some experiences on them?

Arkham Horror
Eldritch Horror
Shadows of Brimstone
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Pandemic
Mage Knight
Dungeons and Dragons: Castle Ravenloft(Really wondering if this is ANY fun at all playing solo?)
Zombicide
>>
>>48384119
Bought Eldritch Horror as my First own game. Arrived on Tuesday, will play it on the weekend. Seems pretty cool so far and people often put it in their top ten or top five
>>
>>48384289
Yeah, I'm just worried that it might be rather complex to learn, and I'm not even sure where to go with the expansions on this.
>>
>>48384316
It's better than Arkham in terms of complexity from what I know ( never played Arkham sadly) and having Read the guide, it doesn't seem to be ovdrwhelminhgly complex.
I bought the game tpgether with the Forsaken Lore ezpansion as most people recommend it since it just 'buffs up' the amount of consent from the original game without bringing in new rules and complexity, as the base game apparently suffered from not that much content. It's also not as expensive as the other two big ezpansions and i dont know if the other two smaller ezpansions go with just the base game.
>>
>>48384353
Fuck me, Im on phone so sorry for all those typos.
>>
>>48384119
Eldritch is good, arkham is better too but harder for casuals to grasp.
But when it works anon...
Look you will think im jok9ng here but the designer musta been smoking weed cut with mi'go.
The game knows.
Play it and you will see, despite the monsters and cards being controlled by chance they always seem to be uncannily coordinated.

>be playing eith some friends
>few monsters on the board, been chilling for ages
>one inspector gets lost in another world, others have horrible turns and only one is in an operable state
>the game knows
>most of the monsters "randomly" activate and reinact the crusade with our unprepared anus as the kebabs
I shot you not at the worst possible moment the worst possible thing happens in the worst possible way.
The game knows, anon.
>>
>>48384119
>Dungeons and Dragons: Castle Ravenloft
If it plays anything like that legend of Drizzt board-game, it feels like a watered down Descent. Or a coloring book version of regular d&d.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>48384119
Eldritch horror is also a remarkably solid experience with only 2 investigators, if a bit easy. So it should be good for solo play.

Pro-tip tho; most of those games are available as "fan- mods" for tabletop simulator on Steam. You just get them from the workshop for free. then track down the rules, usually.
>>
Big fan of Arkham Horror and Zombicide. Arkham Horror can be either punishingly cruel at times, or laughably easy, but fun either way, just rule heavy. Zombicide Season 3 was the first I played, was amazingly fun every time I played. Just got my Kickstarter for Zombicide Black Plague and I'm loving that so far as well.
>>
>>48384447
>Eldritch horror
Is the game harder with more people or with less?
>>
>>48384421
Can't play Descent single player though.
>>
>>48384479
IMO its more chaotic the more players you have, As the game will throw more threats to deal with at you, and players start to lose themselves in support roles and building their character rather than solving problems. What really makes the game harder is when you have an odd number of players (as opposed to even number), because the number of times you have to complete objectives are based on number of players rounded up.

f.e. a "main quest" objective might be: " spend a scarce resource when killing a cultist. do this as many times as equal to half the number of players rounded up."

so 4 players, twice. 5 players three times. This has a lot of impact, because you will spend an extra 2-4 rounds completing the last one, if no one is helping out, because they are busy with other stuff. And a game of Eldritch can snowball drastically in 2-4 rounds.
>>
Thanks lads.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.